Speaker 1: Good morning, good morning, good morning. Welcome, welcome, welcome. It is time now for our community connection right here on K one, the one you trust him. We have Sheriff Scott. I went in with us today, a very busy, busy Sheriff ow. And first of all, it's breakfast time, Folks is hungry. But if you can manage to stay a little hungry till tomorrow, it'd be great. What I got calling up?
Speaker 2: That would be great?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Tomorrow from seven am to eleven am at Bartlesville Masonic Lodge up at six ' ten North Washington Boulevard, they are hosting a benefit breakfast for the Washington County Shear Reserves programs that provide funding for the Thanksgiving meals for the needy and the Christmas toys and needs for the needy children, like we do every year.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and you.
Speaker 3: Know last year I think we service like one hundred and forty five children at Christmas and around thirty thirty five needy families at Thanksgiving.
Speaker 2: We hope to do as much as more or more this year.
Speaker 3: So wow, And we're naturally always accepting donations for that project.
Speaker 1: What's on the menu tomorrow, Well, on.
Speaker 2: The menu at the Masons. It's everything under the sun for breakfast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've been there, I've done that.
Speaker 3: They'll have pancakes, scrambled eggs, hash brown taters and if you'll walk aways and gravy, bacon, sausage, orange juice, milk, coffee. So and it's an all you neiatue breakfast. My favorite food group, share it is. And I know prices are up everywhere, but where can you go and eat breakfast for nine dollars?
Speaker 1: That's it?
Speaker 3: And children six to eleven are four point fifty under the age of sixty eat free.
Speaker 1: All right. What's the time on that again?
Speaker 3: Seven am to eleven am tomorrow, Saturday, November the second.
Speaker 1: All right, very very good.
Speaker 2: You can also get.
Speaker 3: Advanced tickets at the Sheriff's office or from any dipity And we don't even bring the tickets to you.
Speaker 1: So we get them there, but we get them also from a favorite person with the batter wll. That is wonderful and it goes to the great things that we do for the holidays for those who are less fortunate and have some challenges too. Now we've got a lot going on with holidays coming up here too, and it's always good to be on the safe side and not allow the criminal element to even get near yet.
Speaker 2: That's that's right.
Speaker 1: How do we prevent a lot of this stuff?
Speaker 3: Well, there's a lot of things that you can do as a homeowner, as a citizen. First to first and foremost, if you see something, say something, call us.
Speaker 2: You don't have to stick around or you don't have to be contacted.
Speaker 3: But if you give us a vehicle description, suspect descriptions, something doesn't look right. Our deputies want to get out there and find out what's going on, because you and all only you know who belongs in your neighborhood and who doesn't. Other things to remember is if you're going out of town, make your house appear to be lived in. Things like have your have your if you if you get a paper, that doesn't happen a whole lot anymore. If you get a paper, have that stopped. Have your mail held at the post office for you, or have a designated pickup person for it. Let your neighbors know see everybody king, neighborhood watch, and.
Speaker 2: Things of that nature. Uh high dollar items.
Speaker 3: Keep your paperwork on those serial numbers, model numbers, things like that. Ag equipment farm equipment vehicles because if we have those identifying numbers, if you do become a victim, it makes it a lot easier for us to locate it and possibly get it recovered and back to the rightful owner.
Speaker 1: Very good. Yeah, the jail has been kind of a different place these days. Good things been happening. When you think of jail, you don't think of you know, you just stake jail, you think incarceration. Now, some positive things have been going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'd like to rag on my jail staff. I have jail staff.
Speaker 3: My jail administration's very proactive and welcoming new programs into the jail. We've always had jail ministries and we look to keep increasing those. So we have women's ministry and we have some ministry for the men in there. One of the things I had not ever seen in my career was a month or so ago, it.
Speaker 2: Was nice and warm.
Speaker 3: One of the local churches brought up a big livestock tank, filled it up with water, and they baptized about fifteen of the women inmates through the women's jail ministry. So I thought I was very impressed with that, and I want to thank the ladies with the jail ministry and the men as well for coming in because that eases the minds of our residents to have to stay there, and I think it goes a long way of showing that we're trying to be on the right track.
Speaker 1: Indeed, I was just telling you before we had to get started. I've lived in a lot of communities and the ministries kind of exist the kind of shoe string in those communities. These are like, hey, how you do it, Let's get together and there's no wall between it, and you know, we can come together. Thing.
Speaker 3: We have a very good program at the jail and that's that's thanks mostly in part of the jail administration, because they want what's best for the clients that we house there. The other things going on there. One thing is that a lot of people who may not be aware of if we have a ongoing.
Speaker 2: Education program which will allow them to have.
Speaker 3: A GED when they leave our facility, if they're there long enough, nice and it.
Speaker 2: Makes it easier for them to get a job. Things of that nature.
Speaker 3: The work program in the in the kitchen, food handlers, per's and such. So our recentivision rate is down and I think it's probably one of the lowest for county jail anywhere around.
Speaker 1: That's a great thing. You give somebody the tools with which to work. And next thing, you know, you know, the wave atcher from the outside instead of you coming in and being a guest. And that's really what it's all about. Everybody's going to make a mistake.
Speaker 3: Ye, And it's because a man makes a mistake doesn't mean the may live at mistake his whole life.
Speaker 1: That's true. Giving them the tools to get out there and get right, you know, that's something else.
Speaker 3: So that's one of the things. We did have a really good car show in October.
Speaker 1: Tell us about that. That was fun.
Speaker 3: About I think we had like one hundred and twenty four cars show up nice and I'm just glad I didn't have to judge all the top twenty because I couldn't have done it. It was hard enough for me to pick a sheriff pick. But it went really well and everybody had a great time. We're looking forward to next.
Speaker 1: Year already, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: And so the next thing is happening besides the breakfast, is we're going to go put the Thanksgiving meals together and the baskets are reserves and our deputies will pass those out and along with that, we'll.
Speaker 2: Shop for the kids. We'll have lists for the kids.
Speaker 3: The kids, active parents and themselves actually tell us what they need and you'd be surprised what some of them ask for. It's truly need and not so much want a lot of times. So that's the way that works out.
Speaker 1: So now how does this how do you facilitate this? I mean when we do the food here, I know that sometimes folks can can help out by dropping off.
Speaker 3: We have we have application forms that can pick up at the office, and there are some pre qualifiers and we try to facilitate first time applicators as opposed to repeat, repeat, repeat, because we get into that sometimes.
Speaker 2: Not that we don't want to help.
Speaker 3: Everybody, that there's some that are have never had this benefit for and we try to facilitate that. I it's all possible, and it's all for the families and the kids. Sure to keep the family units going.
Speaker 1: But the folks on the outside, how can we help you help them? Do you take food donations.
Speaker 3: Or we accept donations of dry good food cants, things of frozen pies, stuff like that, turkeys. We do have a walk in freezer. We can keep those things, okay, for a period of time till we get it. And if you don't, if you want to donate and you don't want to bring food goods, we'll take cash donations and we'll go out and buy it ourselves and we'll give you a receipt.
Speaker 2: Letter for that.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 2: The reserve unit is.
Speaker 3: The five one C three and it does a lot of good. Those many women that are in the reserves, they don't get paid, They volunteer their time. And I've got several lifetimers that's done.
Speaker 2: It for forty years or more.
Speaker 1: Probably. Wow, this is incredible. And then Christmas thing, you kind of you kind of have your own little thing.
Speaker 3: How that one, Yeah, Santa Claus shows up, Missus Claus is there, and naturally the ladies in the office make sure there's plenty of punch and cookies for every one.
Speaker 2: That's the way.
Speaker 3: It's Christmas. You know, we do things at Christmas. We don't do it other times of the year. But I think this community is probably one of the best communities live in.
Speaker 2: Is one of the most giving.
Speaker 3: Communities, and they're very supportive of most all programs. Our number at the Sheriff's office is nine one eight three three two four thousand, and either Leeann or Stephanie can help you out there with any donations that you might want to give. And on a totally different sidebar, what's happening this week and next week voting. We have a deputy at the election board. Through the early voting, we've had a lot of that going on. Go vote your true feelings this year and support America. That's one of the best things that we can do in this country. There are many countries that don't allow this. You can vote yourself interest right there, that's right, So remember that. Go vote, Go vote for the best interest of the country and vote your conscience, and don't forget to give thanks to all the veterans that made this country what it is.
Speaker 1: That's coming up here real quick too, it is it is sheriff. This is always a good time having you in here. I do want to remind folks about the breakfast tomorrow. If you haven't got your tickets check you can get them right there at the Masonic Lote right.
Speaker 3: You can buy them at the door, or you can buy them advanced from the Sheriff's office.
Speaker 1: Remember that's only nine dollars and you're going to walk away with a full tumb tub and kids eleven to six, Tilly four fifty right, my God, and.
Speaker 3: The Masonic Charity Foundation will match our money all to a certain amount so we could double.
Speaker 1: That is really generous at the it is a group that is really a good thing. I want to thank you for coming in today. Oh yeah, we again are our reserve folks. I thank you from the citizens because we see us sometimes but we just don't say thanks. And we know darn well that that paycheck is just basically a pat on the back there for being in the reserves.
Speaker 3: Well, the feel good factors really there.
Speaker 1: But I since sheer warmth is what we're trying to.
Speaker 3: Only echo what you said because without my support staff and my patrol and investigators, jail staff.
Speaker 2: And my reserves, the Sheriff's office wouldn't be nothing.
Speaker 3: They are the backbone of the Sheriff's office and I couldn't do my job without them.
Speaker 2: Many thanks to my staff.
Speaker 1: Sure is there anything we've missed? Probably? Anything you want to throw in here? Got a couple of minutes.
Speaker 3: Well, if you go out over the all days and you decide to have a little bit too many spirits. You have a designated driver or call a cab and I would just imagine that Chief Kaberry will be given free rides.
Speaker 2: This year as a police parker, so that's always for possibility.
Speaker 1: Alrighty, thank you as always for being here with us.
Speaker 3: Well, thank you for having me Tom. It's a pleasure and we really appreciate the radio.
Speaker 1: All right, folks, you've been