Speaker 1: Hello, everybody, Welcome back to the fire Escape Cast. It is episode ninety one. I'm Mike Maharty back with the whole gang, the whole crew. That's Dan Riiker, that's Media. Hello, that's Mary Kish.
Speaker 2: I'm back baby.
Speaker 1: Where were you last episode?
Speaker 2: I was in San Diego for Twitch Con.
Speaker 3: You were on the stage again.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's super fun.
Speaker 4: We had a really good weekend talking about streaming and I got to meet a lot of really amazing creators. And we have something called artist Ali where we can buy art and knickknacks from people who stream their art and it's really cool. It's like totally different than the packs, which is like art booths of people who are like, I have really good art. These are streamers who stream maybe like digital painting or making keyboard key caps, and then you can buy their stuff or you could also just like watch their streams.
Speaker 3: So does Twitch display that at the convention mm hmmm.
Speaker 4: It's a whole section of the convention hall is just like buy stuff that are made by arts and crafters who also stream their arts and crafts, which is I think really neat and very different than.
Speaker 2: Most other conventions. I get a lot of like weird, funky stuff there.
Speaker 3: It was cool.
Speaker 1: What were some of the coolest things you saw being made? Are you not? I?
Speaker 2: I can. I play favorites every day.
Speaker 4: I obviously have favorites of certain people that I like watch a lot. I watch, like, for example, like I always bring up Turtles and Chill when someone's like, who's your favorite streamer? It's like, I watch Turtles and Chill like every day, So like, of course I play favorites.
Speaker 3: Is that actual turtle footage?
Speaker 2: It's a fucking turtle uh tank in someone?
Speaker 1: Yes, pigeon and the owl nests.
Speaker 4: I love that, Yeah, but it's just it's to like low fi beads. So I listen to it while I work, and it's kind of like having a turtle tank in my house, but I don't have to deal with the turtle smell or feeding them or anything.
Speaker 3: This camera quality, this is fantastic. We had frames here.
Speaker 1: This looks great all the time. Is just being a dick in case, in case anybody wonders why my time my comedic timing is off for a bit, and I know my timing is usually perfect. It's because my internet's hitching.
Speaker 2: It's the Internet's fault.
Speaker 1: What if you're watching that and in the middle of the day to fifteen pm, say one of the turtles just started becoming a man.
Speaker 3: In the quickly No, yeah.
Speaker 2: Quickly enough shoving its face.
Speaker 3: Is like over the course of several days.
Speaker 1: No, it's quickly enough where you could text your friend and they jump on and miss it. But slow enough where you like see the transformation happening.
Speaker 2: Okay, did they keep the shell? Like, is it a naked man with a shell.
Speaker 1: The shell becomes his.
Speaker 3: Hair, jockstrap or situation for a jockstrap?
Speaker 1: Is he nude?
Speaker 3: Yes, he's very old.
Speaker 1: It's a Benjamin Button turtle situation.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like all the turtle years translated into more human years.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, what if that happened?
Speaker 3: And he has the memories too.
Speaker 1: Who's the first person you would text Mary to say, go to turtles and chill down? Nine slash turtles and chilled.
Speaker 2: I brought Oh god, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think I would take clips and then I would tweet it so that I get the.
Speaker 2: Attention for it.
Speaker 1: Dan just admitted he would swat the turtleman.
Speaker 3: Authorities.
Speaker 4: I've learned a lot that Dan is a bit of a narcy and I have to say, it's a bit just he just admitted to it. You were talking earlier before we were recording about how when you worked at a liquor store you would report anyone who wasn't twenty one because you got fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: That's not what I said. What I said was when I worked at the liquor store in college, I always wanted to do that because they would give me fifty dollars. I rarely found I didn't know how to spot a pike idea, so I did not actually mark anyone. I just desperately wanted to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you're still a bad person.
Speaker 1: This is like papers, please, but pathetic they were. They were college kids.
Speaker 3: You're not supposed to drink when you're under twenty one. You know, you gotta be careful.
Speaker 4: You are such a little snitch. He's not law abiding. He wants and if wants fifty dollars in his pocket, he's gonna ruin some stupid kid's life.
Speaker 3: Just some ruin life.
Speaker 2: You can underage. Drinking is a total offense.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 3: I got an it's fine, it's it's a six hundred bucks core. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I think it's just crazy, the bar that it takes for you to be inspired to do something not great I was.
Speaker 3: I was twenty one, to be fair, so I don't think I would do that now, But you know, a college dan would. I would have archd for fifty bucks in college.
Speaker 4: Like if I gave you fifty dollars for the next time somebody underage ever was drinking, would you call nine one one?
Speaker 3: No, I would not. Well, first of all, I would call that one anyway. It would be a uh oh, we're taking your idea. Because they had a big corkboard and they would put them all up there, And I was always jealous of my coworkers who would like fill up that corkboard with all the fake id's.
Speaker 1: What did they like, ever give you any tips on the best ways to spot a fake?
Speaker 3: I don't know. I mean I was really bad at working there. That was the liquor store where I used to hide in the free or in the beer fridge whenever somebody like if. Because it was a college place, So if I saw an older couple, and older at that time meant a thirties, I knew that they were going to go to the wine section and ask questions that I didn't know, so I would just go hide in the beer fridge until they left the store.
Speaker 1: You said this before very funny, and now it's bad.
Speaker 3: Yeah, now I gotta be a near right here my glass?
Speaker 1: How is the dog near?
Speaker 3: It's Is it supposed to be a really strong taste? I'm more, does it go bad? It was like fruity.
Speaker 1: Vianne is usually is a bit more like tropical fruit, but it's aromatic. They add it to certain roane wines to give it more of a nose. But it tastes bad.
Speaker 3: It's kind of not bad, like like I don't know if it went bad. It's got like a bite to it. I don't know if the fruit in it expired.
Speaker 4: Fruit tart though, like you'd think that maybe like a very fruity wine would also be like fairly acidic.
Speaker 2: I heard you'll know when a wine goes bad.
Speaker 4: It's never happened to me, but it happened to a coworker of mine, and they said, like it tastes like rotten fruit. Like it doesn't taste acidic. It's like, oh, like you feel like disgusted.
Speaker 3: Well, this is not that definitely not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not signd of. If a wine is corked, which is like when a certain bacteria interacts with cork and everything. No, it's just a phrase. If like something interacts with cork and it spoils, it tastes like damp cardboard in a basement, is the telltale sign.
Speaker 3: That that's my flavor? Profile on first leaf is I say I went damp cardboard in the basement.
Speaker 1: Do you like briosch yes? Do you like coffee?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 1: Do you like damp cardboard? Love it?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Do I ever you could eat cardboard?
Speaker 1: Right? I have? Yeah, it's just paper, but it's stacked and triangular.
Speaker 2: What do you mean you have?
Speaker 1: What? Did? What? Did I say?
Speaker 3: Did he stutter?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: I mean I understand.
Speaker 4: Did you think it was like a giant cheese it? Or like, are you just down there like munching cardboard?
Speaker 2: You little freak.
Speaker 1: I just ate paper when I was young all the time. Why I don't know.
Speaker 2: Also, cardboard isn't paper.
Speaker 1: Anybody do anything.
Speaker 3: I will.
Speaker 4: I will ride my children eating glue every once in a while because they're ding dongs. But if you are ripping pieces of a moving box and eating it, I would have called help.
Speaker 3: If I ate a full cardboard box, would that contain calories? Because It's just energy, right. A calorie is energy, right? Could I like meet my minimum calorie?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 3: Could I eat two thousands calories a day of boxes?
Speaker 2: How did we get here?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 4: I think that we like eating celery where you can burn take more calories.
Speaker 2: To chew the cardboard than you guess from the cardboard.
Speaker 1: Again, but I just Google imagine that.
Speaker 3: I just googled does cardboard have calories? And Google AI says yes, cardboard contains calories.
Speaker 2: Write an article like that.
Speaker 4: If you fucking put that in a college essay, you would get an f because AI is not a fucking fact.
Speaker 2: Second of all, an answer up. It also doesn't answer what.
Speaker 4: We were saying, which is we're saying it could contain calories, but you would lose calories from the amount of energy it takes for you to chew it and for you to digest it, kind of like when you like eat snow to stay hydrated, but it actually dehydrates you because your body has to regulate that temperature.
Speaker 1: I'm not a doctor, but I also just feel like that much amount of cardboard in your stomach at once would have many other negative side effects.
Speaker 4: Who are you not a doctor, but one of the people on this podcast is a fucking idiot.
Speaker 3: Hang on, I'm educating myself free form fitness. The website says, uh, okay, the cardboard diet cardboard is one hundred percent cellulose because you don't have the enzyme required to digest it. Simply moving it through your body would require more energy calories than you'd get from the cardboard.
Speaker 1: See, that's what we said.
Speaker 3: That's what I said. You lowerl HDL, you'll lower vacation.
Speaker 2: I cannot we said that to you.
Speaker 3: No, check the table.
Speaker 1: Is there a cardboard diet? Can't do that?
Speaker 3: It's on this Personal Trainer website and they're talking about but I think they're saying it's not good.
Speaker 1: The Personal Trainer is just Timothy J. Turrey.
Speaker 3: Just like the cardboard diet that may seem to work in the early stages in terms of losing weight, it's disguised by an unsustainable strategy to keeping the weight off for good and living a healthy life. So it's not eating cardboard is not a good long term.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, good, Yeah, we cleared that up. Yeah, this man, when I roll back together on the podcast, will.
Speaker 2: This is I'm exhausted.
Speaker 4: How long has it been eight minutes.
Speaker 2: I can't believe this when.
Speaker 1: How merry, I noticed you're not drinking wine.
Speaker 3: Where's your I'm drinking.
Speaker 4: I'm drinking whiskey and Coca Cola Mexican coke with the actual sugar, which is like my favorite type of cola.
Speaker 2: Guys, I'm back on the Costco train. It's changing.
Speaker 1: They have night changing.
Speaker 3: You've seen the Costco guys, right, they.
Speaker 4: Have fucking everything, Mike, and it's so good, it's so affordable.
Speaker 3: You guys know the Costco guys.
Speaker 2: Right, who's the Costco guys? Oh yeah, old chunk.
Speaker 3: Chocolate Cokie and yeah that thing is a wrestler. You don't know, Oh, Mike, you would love the Costco guys.
Speaker 2: They're like justice, Yeah, cool names.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they review Costco stuff and make funny skits.
Speaker 1: But the wrestler they do not.
Speaker 2: First and foremost eight years old.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the dad used to be an indie wrestler, like twenty years ago. But he did just sign a one match contract with AW so he's going to do like a gimmick match there. But he's known for being the Costco.
Speaker 4: Guys wrestling in here anyway, So Costco is back on the menu. I have no into Costco in years because I didn't think I could justify it because I'm have a lot of people in this house.
Speaker 2: I feel like Costco was for the.
Speaker 4: Family of six or higher that needed to have large meals for people. It turns out Costco is just for the saving enthusiast who wants to buy cheese ites in bulk, and that's.
Speaker 3: Me, toilet paper, paper plates, paper bowls, party supplies, things like that, you know, gatorades and any kind of drinks or anything. They have a pretty limited soda assortment, but they got the you know, the die cokes and this rights and the regular stuff. It's great. I love Costco.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's where I got the It's where I got these Mexican cokes in glass bottles, which is so such a treat, right, Like I wouldn't normally buy something like that, but I was like, oh, what a treat for Mary to like get these like fancy cokes that usually cost a lot of money per coke, but when you get them in bulk like that. And I have a basement now, and guess what else I did that's very adult. I bought a basement freezer.
Speaker 3: Bought a basement that seems like a lot of basements. So for meat, yeah, alcohol.
Speaker 2: And other I don't think you should put soda in a freezer, right right right.
Speaker 4: I don't know what Google Ai has to say about that, but I'm pretty sure it's fucking bad.
Speaker 2: I hate that he googles ais things.
Speaker 3: You can put soda water in the freezer to cool it quickly if you have to.
Speaker 1: You can put anything in the freezer to cool it quickly if you have to. I do it with a lot of stuff.
Speaker 3: Oh wait, Ai says it can it can it can burst. That has happened, and that'll stare the shit out of it.
Speaker 2: That advice to put something in the freezer to cool it quickly.
Speaker 4: How many of us have ever said, I'm gonna put in the freezer to cool it quickly, but I'm gonna take it out and.
Speaker 2: Then you forget.
Speaker 3: Like what I do is I take I got a hack here, or you take you got a can that's room temperature and you take a paper towel, you drink it in water. Yeah, you wrap it around and you put in the freezer and freeze the ice quickly and it works quick you do that.
Speaker 1: That's like a wine hack as well. If you're trying to cool down, like an Alberini or something super quick, you can also take an ice bucket with water in it. You pour a ton of salt in it. The salt lowers the freezing point of water, so the water can get below thirty two degrees fahrenheit without freezing, and then you could put the bottle in it and it will be way cool as down much faster.
Speaker 3: Huh nice, look at us, we're all look, we're all very smart.
Speaker 1: What's that? What else is new?
Speaker 3: I went to Japan?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, yeah, Mary, what do you do up to?
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's been a really busy time for me, Dan, what was going on?
Speaker 1: Uh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, most interesting thing? Yes, we said, Oh, I had a fun time when I got on the wrong bullet train and uh if I if there had not been a stop coming up, I would have been stuck on the wrong bullet train for like an hour and a half.
Speaker 1: Which is quite the distance on a bullet.
Speaker 3: Yes, that's a good chunk of the way across Japan.
Speaker 2: So I'm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, well it basically was because I had a reserved seat on the bullet train. So I get on the car and I look at it, like immediately leaves the station and so it's moving and I noticed there's a guy sitting in my seat and I'm like, okay, hopefully he speaks English, Hopefully this is all okay. And I pointed at the thing. I was like, oh, is this mine? And he was like, I forgot how he let me know, but basically it was clear I was on the wrong train. Oh yeah, because he gave his son had a Google Translate thing, and it was like, you're on the wrong train. And so I'm just standing there on the bullet train. There's like one hundred people sitting there, yeah, hurdling across Japan at two hundred miles an hour, standing and everyone's looking at me, and he's clear, I'm the dumbass American. I got all my luggage and stuff with me.
Speaker 1: You could pass for Japanese, I think.
Speaker 3: So I've heard that, thank you. Yeah. So it was just like a hole back and forth, and I did get to understanding where I needed to go before the last opportunity to get off the train. So I got off, got on the next one. It was fine. But that bullet train's good as hell. Like Japan has a lot of things just figured out, Like there's a lot of good food. The transportation stuff, it's just it's a it's clean, it's safe. It's just a chol fucking country. Yeah. I mean, I guess I've only been in Tokyo and Kyoto, but man, both super impressive, like really out of that place. I flew into Tokyo and then took the train down to Kyoto. Yeah coo so and yeah it get all sorts of like fun little coffees and onigiri and stuff like that.
Speaker 2: And you know, you get a Boss coffee.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I get a couple of beers and then bring it on the on the train. It was fantastic. Yeah, I got I got Boss Boss was great and just ate so much seven to eleven snack stuff while I was out there. It was awesome. So but yeah, I also went to the Nintendo Museum, which I wrote a big thing on GameSpot dot com if you want to read all the details. But long story short, it is fantastic. It's open now to the public, so I'm curious to see how it is for people going in with you know, crowds and lines and stuff like that. I'm curious how how good, how well that's handled, you know, because that's the one thing I couldn't get a sense of while I was there because it was just like a few press people there. So but yeah, it's incredibly impressive for me, a Nintendo fan, a collector, it is just like the could not have done a better job. I don't think I.
Speaker 4: Heard the plushies. The giant plushies were like a big deal.
Speaker 3: There is a Nintendo sixty four controller on top of the fridge behind me there.
Speaker 2: Let me see it.
Speaker 3: Go get it, get.
Speaker 2: It, go get it.
Speaker 1: I've been Japan in a while.
Speaker 2: I spend ages for me and I'm so into going.
Speaker 4: But I don't have a good excuse outside of like personal reasons. But that's a huge trip to plan, right, Like that's a lot to plan for, Whereas like if it's a work trip, it's like, oh, well I have to go to Japan for three days, and like that seems.
Speaker 2: Like worth doing. But dang, yeah I really want to go.
Speaker 1: It went for a resumebal seven thing back in the day, and then cool kind of step and nice.
Speaker 2: Fuck what it's so solid.
Speaker 3: No, don't do that, don't do that.
Speaker 2: Don't do that.
Speaker 4: No, nobody, nobody buy the video version this this week.
Speaker 3: Pay trend numbers going up. Now, look at that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if only, if, if only it was easy that easy to find in real life, you know what I mean? What that's a pretty cool pillow.
Speaker 3: Yes, I want to get more we modes. They had a Famicom controllers, super Famicom controllers, but the sixty four one is just such a goofy controller that I love so much. So having a giant pillow of it felt like I had to buy some extra luggage to fit that in and check that.
Speaker 1: The child, how did you?
Speaker 3: I went to don Quixote and bought a thing that's like one of those tiny like bags and you unzip it and it's like a sixty five liter thing and you can check it. And if TSA had checked that bag, they would have thought it was just some dumb ass kid flying from Japan. It was a giant Nintendo sixty four controller and like a couple hundred dollars worth of candy.
Speaker 1: What was your favorite food?
Speaker 3: You got Coco Chibanya, Dad goes in New York. Cooko Chibania is incredible. It's just got the takato curry with the cheese. It's all delicious.
Speaker 4: You can't they make it perfect every time. It's so it's so fucking delicious. I think it is the best thing that people can get. And it's so funny because they're everywhere and they're not special, but they're beautiful and.
Speaker 3: Perfect, they're cheap, they're everywhere. They are just god damn, it's so great that that was one of my favorites. When I went with the ten Terry back in the day, we would either several times per trip and have.
Speaker 4: Not had any Yeah, that's a great suggestion too for anyone who's going there.
Speaker 2: Just go to a cocoa.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: You have a great time, You enjoy yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you'll appreciate where we're going tomorrow for dinner. It's MENKOI soo Ramen on Cornelia in the village.
Speaker 3: Nice. Nice, and we in some good ramen places when I lived out there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's getting chili. So I'm in soup mode, I know. But like it's adjacent to soup for sure. No, definitely adjacent to soup. Noodles is cereal soup, No, not at all, Cereal cold cold Cereal has soup. Also has noodles is the name of.
Speaker 3: But it's there's a ratio.
Speaker 1: Gaspacho okay, but Cereal has always doing that and Noodle was trying.
Speaker 2: To use gaspacho to his benefit.
Speaker 3: It has to be mostly liquid to count as a soup. Ramen is mostly noodle. The weight if you were to put it on like you know, the like Injustice for All Scales.
Speaker 1: Soup is not the majority of the weight in soup is not in the liquid either.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Wait oh in soup, yes, no, you're having some shitty soup.
Speaker 3: Then tomato soup is mostly liquid.
Speaker 1: Okay to tomato soup has no chunks. So I'm talking about like chicken noodle or like potato potato soup.
Speaker 3: Does potato soup have a full I've only had tomato soup?
Speaker 2: Have you ever had like a loaded Why.
Speaker 1: This soup expert? If you've only had tomato soup?
Speaker 3: Because I just know how the world works, Mike.
Speaker 4: A this let's use it against you.
Speaker 3: Also, is ramen soup? Look, we don't need to talk about it.
Speaker 4: Well, well, well, yeah, finally something for mary to be clear. Actually pro ai, I'm gonna google it because I want to make sure.
Speaker 3: I mean, it's unclear the way they word it, it is unclear.
Speaker 1: Solah No, okay. To be clear, I don't really like if I'm going out for ramen, I don't say I'm in a soup mood. I was quoting George Costanza and I was just saying I'm in soup mode because it's chili and romen is adjacent. So we're going to men Koido for the record, If anybody's ever in New York and you're down in the village, go to Cornelia Street, all youse swifty fans will know she used to live there. But there's a place called men Koisado Ramen. They don't take reservations. They also have really good tunkatsu. They have a good sake selection, really good beer selection. But the spicy show you Tokyo, Show you Ramen is really good, like Crimson Broth. It's awesome.
Speaker 3: Had some ramen out there too, Yeah, it was fantastic, really good soup.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: The word like it says okay Ai says which you can't trust it. It says, yes, ramen is a Japanese noodle soup. So it's unclear.
Speaker 2: Oh, well, well is fa soup?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Fa? If fu is soup, then ramen is definitely soup.
Speaker 3: It's skinnier noodles and the bamboo doesn't weigh a lot, so I think the weight thing would be more liquid.
Speaker 1: Is your fa only does it only have noodles in bamboo?
Speaker 3: I get some meat in there, but it's like a little little tiny like slices.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hoist and sauce. It's hungry.
Speaker 3: It's soupy.
Speaker 1: We're just kidding.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just kidding. Hungry Now Daddy needs is ramen?
Speaker 3: Now it's during a soilent is soilent soup?
Speaker 1: I have no idea cold.
Speaker 4: Don't you bring up gaspacho. It's cold, so it doesn't count. Soilent is served cold.
Speaker 3: So gaespoto is not soup.
Speaker 2: If you bring up gaspacho one more time.
Speaker 1: But if you haven't left over soup, that's cold.
Speaker 2: That's all you have. Gaspacho and google ai.
Speaker 3: You could have cold tomato soup.
Speaker 1: But it's pretty soup.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it doesn't turn into a sandwich.
Speaker 1: Right, But if gaspacho is cold, then what's stopping it from being soup?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's soup. I think Mary's just being unreasonable.
Speaker 4: I it is soup, but it's not a good argument for why, Like all liquids aren't soup because guy now.
Speaker 1: Compared to cereal. The soup had a bad argument about another form of soup?
Speaker 3: Is my veg near a soup?
Speaker 1: Gods?
Speaker 2: Like you see do you see why I said gaspacho can't count Pandora's box. It's like debating with the biggest ding dong. We know that.
Speaker 3: It's a chilled soup. It's chilled soup.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, we know that it's It's fine, but you open up the gate that all liquid is soup, which is stupid. Like obviously a smoothie is not soup, right, like.
Speaker 3: If you had a hot smoothie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what does dictate soup? There have to be a meat broth, meat based broth because spot because.
Speaker 2: You can have vegetable soup. Everything vegetable soupab.
Speaker 1: Salt water with vegetables in it?
Speaker 3: Is the ocean a soup?
Speaker 2: Split pea soup?
Speaker 1: God?
Speaker 2: I mean, what is the ocean if not the soup of the earth?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Can you ask Google AI to define soup?
Speaker 3: Yeah, let's see define soup. This is just from the dictionary. A liquid dish typically made by boiling meat, fish, or vegetables, et cetera in stock or water.
Speaker 1: Okay, so there's no boiling with smoothies.
Speaker 3: Is it boiling with ramen?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, for sure? Is there boiling?
Speaker 3: I have no idea about that happens?
Speaker 2: I think so here here's here's the trick.
Speaker 4: Gaspacho is originally was hot and then it's served chilled. Oh so it's it's hot tomato soup and then they chill it and serve it chilled.
Speaker 1: Mmm.
Speaker 3: I think there's just some broth.
Speaker 2: Why did you say that?
Speaker 1: Because I'm hungry as fun.
Speaker 2: Now it's it's hungry and the same as horny. There was something something really stressful.
Speaker 3: Meat sweat. If you just like, if you like grabbed like a cow's leg like a towel and turned it like broth would come out.
Speaker 1: Many people have thought that surprisingly enough, no, I believe no. I believe the meat undoubtedly adds flavor to the broth. But broth, there's like there could be bone broth as well. There's a bone broth place downtown New York, and Simone de roche For is obsessed with it. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think i'd want that.
Speaker 1: Mean it tastes good.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you eat bones all the time.
Speaker 3: You don't know about it ever, eating a single bone.
Speaker 4: You were eating bone adjacent meats and like dishes all the time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like chicken nuggets were hanging out by bones at one point.
Speaker 4: An ingredient in tongkatsu ramen is it's it's bones, baby.
Speaker 1: You're eating bone broth with a lot of.
Speaker 2: You're eating bone broth from every ramen is bone bro.
Speaker 1: Yes, beef, well, the pork is just added to it.
Speaker 2: Roth is bone based.
Speaker 3: I don't think so.
Speaker 1: This man chicken tongkatsu uh or it has bones.
Speaker 3: You don't eat those though, Yeah, like with a buffalo wing, you don't just swallow it.
Speaker 1: You don't speak for yourself.
Speaker 3: Now, I bet you could.
Speaker 2: I eat my chicken wings like a duck shred.
Speaker 1: Call the doctor the next day because you're going to shred and tushy, oh.
Speaker 3: God, just sitting out a bunch of bones.
Speaker 4: That's why they say you're not supposed to give bones to dogs, is because it can like split while they're shitting and stuff like that.
Speaker 1: Splitshits splits.
Speaker 3: Did you eat full on bones?
Speaker 2: Totally?
Speaker 4: Haven't you ever seen a cartoon before? Every cartoon is like munging on a bone.
Speaker 3: That's like a fetching or a chew on him thing, you know, they.
Speaker 2: Absolutely are ripping it apart and consuming it.
Speaker 1: Go into a dog.
Speaker 4: Store shaking his Head's not a dog, that's just a toy with her, and you've been giving soft chose to for the last ten years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we went back into that pet store where you bought that catnip that you fed me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was a good That was.
Speaker 2: A good time.
Speaker 4: I also bought a taxi for Semon. Taxi dog toy there.
Speaker 3: Does that still a survivor? Does a semone destroy toys?
Speaker 2: Simon doesn't destroy toys. He like kind of nibbles at them.
Speaker 4: And he does like to play fetch, which is when I throw it and he catches it and then drops it, runs runs somewhere else and forgets that we were playing a game.
Speaker 1: Do you think he's bored of you or it's like a middle finger, or he really just doesn't know what's going on.
Speaker 4: I like to think that he just doesn't understand the concept of return.
Speaker 2: He likes chasing.
Speaker 4: So I actually invented a game with Simon called Treat Fetch where we go to the basement which is carpeted, so he has traction down there and.
Speaker 2: I throw treats. I just bought it.
Speaker 4: I throw a treat and he chases it like a like he would like a rabbit in the wild, and he gobbles it up and then he looks around and then he runs back to me, and we just we played treat fetch all the time. I constructed it because I couldn't get him to run. My dog like has no interest in, like actually exercising. Treat fetch is the only time I can get that dude to sprint.
Speaker 3: I feel like Simon's shape is not conducive to running.
Speaker 2: What do you mean, he's just like an athlete.
Speaker 3: He's a nugget.
Speaker 2: With little stump shot put Yeah.
Speaker 4: I mean he's got a little stubby chicken nugget body and legs and no tail and he can't breathe well.
Speaker 1: But I think that with the right prerequisites to the varsity athlete.
Speaker 2: The right throw of a treat.
Speaker 4: I mean you really see the legs fly, and I mean it's just so aerodynamic. It's like, have you ever seen someone throw a potato at full speed?
Speaker 3: No, I've seen them launch them. Have you seen people throw potatoes?
Speaker 2: That's actually the same concept.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think of replace someone throwing with a potato launcher, and that's kind.
Speaker 2: Of like what my dog looks like in a field at full speed.
Speaker 3: Two guy wants to set his beard on fire with a potato launcher.
Speaker 2: He makes the same noise too, flu.
Speaker 1: How do you set Where was the flame coming from?
Speaker 3: I don't know. It was a very old, very drunk man with the giant beard. My dad and I ran into it the Vegas lounge and he was talking about, yeah, you got a potato launcher, and he lost like half of his beard once when he like some sort of fire from it, like totally just ignited a beard.
Speaker 1: Are spud guns made from like PVC piping?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I don't know, well, the rudimentary ones, because I think you can do it in your backyard, right, Like I think there's like homemade potato guns, and then there's like legitimate ones that you don't you fucking ai this.
Speaker 3: On Amazon for potato launchers.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, there's like legitimate ones with uh airsoft guns, right, these like air canisters and stuff like that. But I'm sure like there's all sorts of redneck versions of it.
Speaker 3: Where they just oh, you got different versions. Here. You can get the Bully potato gun two point zero. You can get to the city slicker or the urban warrior potato gun.
Speaker 1: What's the difference between the city slicker and the urban warrior.
Speaker 3: Great question. Urban warrior has better reviews. It is cheaper. Oh, what's this barrel lengked? Okay, it's barrel length diameter. The diameter is the same the length eighteen inches for the urban warrior. It's a twelve inches for the city slicker. Okay, pre city types.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm closer to an urban warrior.
Speaker 2: Oh, we got a city boy here. That's a lieve inch potato launchers.
Speaker 1: Those measurements seem yeah, come on now, don't watch the video. So the longer one is less expensive but better reviewed.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, no, No, the cheapest one is the lowest reviewed, and the most expensive one is also poorly reviewed. It's the middle. It's the urban when you want, but short the city slicker, that's true. And the bully is huge. It seems six rounds. It's a it's a six shooter of potatoes.
Speaker 1: That's just I can't.
Speaker 4: Think of a use case where I gotta have I gotta I gotta shoot one potato and have five in the pocket just in case someone else.
Speaker 2: Comes at me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you never, you don't know.
Speaker 2: All those wild hogs.
Speaker 4: I gotta have my six potatoes slicker like a fucking Western and you're just like this towning big enough for the.
Speaker 1: Two of them.
Speaker 3: Potato guns. You have to use hairspray, aerosol hair spray.
Speaker 1: You have to. I've seen in like videos they tap, they release the pressure really quick on the hair spray, and then it just shoots the potato.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, maybe maybe it's.
Speaker 2: And you see this shoots the potato.
Speaker 3: It's a barrel knife? Is it like a bayonet?
Speaker 2: World War One? If you can't, don't shoot the potato.
Speaker 1: Fallout weapon.
Speaker 3: It says barrel knife, but there's not. That must mean something else because there's no knife. There's no blade visible on this launcher. Oh cool pictures. Yeah, there's fire. There's fire. Why I don't know, but there's like a flame coming out of these guys. Look cool, don't don't you have to hold it like an Sorry, I'm trying to take in this this customer picture here, Uh wow, this is cool. We should get these.
Speaker 1: I don't like. I don't know whether it's are they like in good standing spud guns? Do?
Speaker 3: You can buy them on Amazon? So they're legal? We could do like a charity stream or something where for an incentive for like one hundred dollars donation, one of us shoots the other in the stomach of a potato.
Speaker 1: Oh, I don't think they're Yeah, I think they're pretty easy.
Speaker 2: Why you should not even own anything?
Speaker 1: Can you look up remotely now? Like, can you look up how many psi? How many? Is that the right phrasing? How many psi? Does it? It is pneumatic? That just means it's pressurized.
Speaker 3: It's like the thing of the bank, right.
Speaker 4: I cannot believe within like the tubes or one minute of you wanting to buy a gun.
Speaker 2: The idea was that we would shoot each other with a gun as a war.
Speaker 1: I really don't think safe.
Speaker 3: I'm not a gun owner.
Speaker 1: I'm not a gun owner or a doctor, but I don't think that's safe.
Speaker 3: Vinnie was not happy with me once when somebody sent us a mail bag with a bunch of gimmicks in it, and one of them was like one of those crazy slingshots that it's got like the forearm rest and stuff like, it's like a heavy duty slingshot. And I put in the same mail bag there's like a Goku action figure and I'm I think it's in the video that went up on Giant Bond. I put the goku in the slingshot, and I like pointed at ven. What the fuck are you doing? Put that? Don't point that at me? Oh right, I guess this is a weapon.
Speaker 4: You don't point slingshots. I couldn't imagine you with a potato gun. I feel like the first thing you would do is like reverse it and look down the barrel and be like, is.
Speaker 2: There any potatoes in there? And click the trigger and just.
Speaker 3: Shoot it down my throat and you have to chew it.
Speaker 1: No, it's fifty to seventy ps my teeth. Yes. A spud gun, also known as a potato gun, can hurt and cause serious injuries, including death.
Speaker 2: Dude, damn, I don't think you can kill yourself.
Speaker 3: I don't think you can, like but dwire yourself with a potato launcher.
Speaker 1: Oh there's a video on ai budfiles dot com. Wait, there's a video. Oh this guy's got his shirt off. He's about to sh shoot him. He said, no nuts, no face. Okay, this looks bad.
Speaker 2: It's fucking dangerous potato guns. No, I'll get you a potato and you can throw it.
Speaker 3: So much more disappointing than a potato gun.
Speaker 1: That looks like it would like break your rib.
Speaker 2: Let's try do some serious blood.
Speaker 1: Files dot com and watch the video. It didn't kill him, but I don't. I mean, I'm not encouraging. Don't do it?
Speaker 3: Would you? Mike on a dare when you're here for a Game of the year. Can I go to my driveway and I shoot you a potato gun in the stomach?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: No, hard, no easy, cass? Okay, what about from like down the street? No, okay, you just want to try to catch it?
Speaker 1: Imagine how many patrons we get though for that bonus video.
Speaker 3: I know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: No, I wouldn't really catch that. I wonder how accurate it would be at that distance.
Speaker 4: For fifty dollars, I'll call the police when Dan tries to shoot someone with a potato gun.
Speaker 3: Oh my god. Okay, spud files dot com.
Speaker 2: Stock sput files.
Speaker 3: Go to the wiki on sput files dot com. Yeah, go to the spud files wiki and look at the first picture of the advanced combustion cannon potato gun that looks like a fucking ghostbuster gimmick.
Speaker 1: Spud Holy shit. Yeah, are are we big spot files people? Now?
Speaker 3: I think we're big spud files people? Is this a whole wiki about potato guns? Oh?
Speaker 1: Wow, people really get into this. I didn't realize this.
Speaker 3: They got miniature guns were spudding jokes?
Speaker 1: Podcast about this?
Speaker 3: Oh, let's read the sputting jokes? Where is that in the wiki?
Speaker 2: Yeah? You might be a you might be a spud gunner if.
Speaker 3: Where's the jug gunners? Wait, let's let's read. Let's let's alternate and tell jokes.
Speaker 4: You might be a spud gunner if you get excited over a one point five inch SDR twenty one PVC pipe.
Speaker 3: All right, where do these go?
Speaker 1: Where do you go? Wait? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Where's the jokes?
Speaker 1: Where you're seeing jokes?
Speaker 3: Had to get to the jokes?
Speaker 1: Alright?
Speaker 2: Hole, calm down.
Speaker 1: You wiki looks like a fucking call dubys Bombie's weapon.
Speaker 3: Yeah it does. Okay, okay, I got the first one. I don't know. You might be a spud gunner if you put every object you come across into one of two categories good for ammo or not good for ammo.
Speaker 1: Oh, you might be a spud gunner if you know how to pronounce a pneumatic.
Speaker 2: Mary got cut off.
Speaker 4: You might be a spud gunner if you get angry at people destroying pipes.
Speaker 2: That's stupid.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's it. Yeah, you might be a spud gunner. If you spend more time thinking about valves than about women, you might be.
Speaker 1: A spud gunner. If you bought a PC partly because of spud files, Mary, you.
Speaker 4: Might be a spud gunner if these are so stupid every time you pass the potatoes in the supermarket, you grab the biggest bag they had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Jake cut the last like twenty five minutes.
Speaker 3: He might be a spudgunner. If you see a gas meter or other plumbing assembly and you think if I had taken apart, can I build a spud gun out of it?
Speaker 1: Oh? I think I am one.
Speaker 3: He might be a spud gunner. If you bought a PC partly because of sput files.
Speaker 1: Did you see the top there's a note from Ragnarok. Apparently one of the editor's name is Ragnarok.
Speaker 3: Oh hell, yes, yeah, can we get him on? Okay, next time one of us is gone, we're getting rag all no.
Speaker 1: Spud gunners, any of them, Tell them to hit us up. Fire Escape has at gmail dot com. We're gonna get a good emails.
Speaker 3: These are really good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's gonna be fun.
Speaker 4: It's gonna be strange part of the Internet that we have stumbled across.
Speaker 3: It kind of feels like old Internet to me, where there's some random websites and stuff like I think I like spud files dot com.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, let's let's look into them more and see if we should like him.
Speaker 3: We'll do a side podcast, Patren only podcast about spud.
Speaker 2: Files Spudgun the podcast.
Speaker 3: Oh I'm looking. They used cans of axe for the for the spray. That's a waste of axe though, that's true, that's true. Best use of Acts the year I bought an Act back.
Speaker 1: In the day, oh way back in the day. Yeah.
Speaker 4: I was in a hollister the other day because I was in the mall to go to DENTI Fung and the hollister. Now yeah, oh dent Tiphung is funny, but uh, the hollister.
Speaker 3: Oh, we'll get to it.
Speaker 4: The hollister has a spray that was very similar to Axe Body spray, and I think it's emulating Acts, but it doesn't want to use the brand name AX. I think the brand of Acts is dead, but body sprays that smell bad, that are like affordable and like just like a can that you spray on yourself.
Speaker 1: Is in I think the grocery store yesterday.
Speaker 3: A guy. It's very much around.
Speaker 1: I smell that, is it?
Speaker 3: Poppin got good reviews on Amazon.
Speaker 2: That's not the indicator.
Speaker 3: Okay. Wikipedia list of Axe products eighty three. Acts have been around since eighty three.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but there's probably like a lot of products of outdated dead brands.
Speaker 1: They probably started as a spud gun company.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, yeah, I mean good names.
Speaker 2: Shot in the stomach with like a badly smelling right.
Speaker 3: It smells like a douchebag.
Speaker 4: A shotgunned in the face by a beautiful sense smells of sandalwood.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is DENTI Fung didn't.
Speaker 4: Taiphung is a Chinese restaurant that's known for their soup dumplings that have an iconic ooh Dan, correct me, twelve fold system. It might be thirteen, but they have thirteen. I think it's thirteen folds in each soup dumpling. They're handmade.
Speaker 3: Yeah, oh those dumplings are incredible. Yeah. You have the little spoon thing to put them in and.
Speaker 2: Change your life.
Speaker 3: I had the PA. It was so good.
Speaker 2: The soup dumplings are so good.
Speaker 4: The first time I ever had it was in Vegas, and I remember thinking to myself, this is the greatest restaurant in Vegas I've ever been to.
Speaker 2: I gotta go to Vegas just to go to this restaurant.
Speaker 4: And then I looked it up and there's two within twenty minutes of my house.
Speaker 3: I didn't know it was a chain. That's awesome. I gotta I gotta find those more cities. That is great.
Speaker 2: It is.
Speaker 4: It's known for their soup dumps, but they have really good quality.
Speaker 2: Bar no matter which one you go to, I gotta get my dumps.
Speaker 1: Uh, soup dumps is my least favorite kind of dump.
Speaker 3: Axe launched in the US two. That's why we didn't hear about it until two thousand and two. They launched with Apollo, Kilo, Phoenix, Tsunami, Maniac, and Voodoo Flavors.
Speaker 1: I remember Ko.
Speaker 3: They lousted Conviction and three Favors joined the World of Conviction. Join the World of Conquest.
Speaker 1: Explains a lot about Dan.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Dan thinks that axe is soup because he's fucking idiot. I guess it is, whether or not soup because it's liquid, he's been sucking it down.
Speaker 3: What would AI say if is axe body spray a soup? Okay, generate okay? No axe body sprays had deodorant Okay. I see conviction. Join the world of conviction, Join the world of conquest. Because if you can have conviction, no woman can say no, no woman who can turn her face because women like men safe unite to this world. That was the tagline of conviction in O three.
Speaker 2: I mean that should be illegal. That's like good bad marketing.
Speaker 4: I mean the fact that it's even called conquest is also fucked up.
Speaker 3: No, it's called conviction, but it talks about being in the world of conquest, and the commercial showed many men who were successful with women. At the end of the advertising, there are thousands of men holding axe conviction and singing an a choir by a statue of a man also holding axe conviction. That just sounds sounds like the ever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that sounds really bad. Well, I don't want to turn I don't if I turned a corner and saw a thousand men holding acts singing around a statue of another man with an axe.
Speaker 4: With axe that's that's why women need potato guns.
Speaker 2: We have to protect ourselves.
Speaker 3: Vice launched and instaid it will turn nice girl's naughty because there's forbidden fruit in the fragrance.
Speaker 2: We're bitten fruit. Yeah, you know, we can't deny it, just like Eve. We have to have that sweet, sweet fruit.
Speaker 3: The commercial for Vice used a Morgan Freeman lookalike.
Speaker 2: Couldn't get the real deal, could you?
Speaker 1: ACKs? Oh.
Speaker 3: Dark Temptation was a chocolate smelling fragrance. Advertising applies that because women like chocolate, they will find men who smell of chocolate. Irresistible god. Oh okay. Advertising features a man who turns into chocolate when he sprays himself with axe. He then goes on to be eaten by a series of women.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Oh it doesn't elaborate.
Speaker 2: I'm just saying, like, in its defense, if a man turned into a bar of chocolate, I my etha, yeah, but understand the hot way. I would just consume them like a praying mantis.
Speaker 3: Oh so score. The flavor was supposed to make men attractive to women and they'll need a oh wow. In the States, they called it click because it says it'll make you so attracted women that they will need a clicker to keep score of the number of women who check them out. The commercial in the US featured nick Leche getting outscored by a hotel worker who uses it, but in the British version it's ben Affleck Acts gave away free clickers to count how many ladies find you irresistible because you were clicks?
Speaker 4: Was it like, was it done in an actual test environment science?
Speaker 3: I don't know, it was like a double blind study or yeah, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: Man as is really a thing, wouldn't it.
Speaker 4: I don't understand why men's marketing has gone down such a path, why every set has to be called like concrete concubine, and about how like it's gonna you're just gonna get your dick sucked completely dry if you walk outside with this, because people can't can't believe how horny they get, because.
Speaker 3: Can't leave your driveway without getting your dick secked. You're selling your friends steps. You've seen Mary, You've seen the doctor Pepper ten commercial nut with my Internet.
Speaker 1: You laughed like a full six seconds after I said that. I was like, was that that bad of a joke?
Speaker 3: Well, it was a thinker joke. It took us that long to take at the joke. Yeah, it was. We didn't get it at first. Uh, Mary, have you seen the doctor Pepper ten commercial.
Speaker 2: I don't think so.
Speaker 3: I think that is the most egregious example I've ever seen. It was a ten Manly Calories because you know, they launched like Coke zero and zero branded stuff because men didn't want to be a diet that's for women. So that's why zero so does exist and so. But Doctor Pepper took it further. And this was like later than you would expect, like mid to late two thousands, I would say, And it was doct Pepper ten with ten manly calories, and every ad was you know, some guy on a safari or going through the jungle or you know, doing a weight living competition and he goes Doctor Pepper ten, it's not for women. Not that aired in the States regularly. Ten manly calories like cardboard.
Speaker 4: I mean, ten Manly Calories is funny and cheeky. I think there's something that we can all laugh about. But the tagline not for women.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's at every commercial ended with someone looking at the camera and saying it's not for women.
Speaker 2: That's interesting.
Speaker 4: I think obviously, like that's a bad ad, But what it really says is more about the marketing prowess of what it takes to market to men, right. I think that that's the sadder story. It's not so much that like Ax and Doctor Pepper have had these egregious taglines. It's the fact that you know that these were tested in groups, like you know, in in blind studies where they would be like which ad makes you want to buy a Doctor Pepper Moore, and men were like, you know, the one that says it's not for women because I'm also not a woman and I don't want to be drinking. Women drink, And I think that's like what's stressful about it. Taglines are weird and like they should be shamed a little bit. But I think what's also strange is just the reflection of society that men are like, I will not wash my ass unless it says that it is like the most rugged, manly, not woman thing.
Speaker 2: That it possibly can. They've made lufahs that look.
Speaker 3: Like tired because yeah, yeah rugged loofahs yeah.
Speaker 4: Which we don't have a problem with here, We're fine.
Speaker 3: It's in a generational thinguse I think of like my dad and like everyone that he knows of his age in Kansas. You know, there are the types that like, you know, if I ordered a cocktail at a bar, I'm just gonna be mocked by everyone, just like ooh, got your cocktail, fancy little, you know, Like nowadays they probably wouldn't say like that's actually probably would like, oh, that's a girl drink or whatever. But like that generation, I feel like does that all the time. Or maybe that's just the Midwest Kansas thing. I don't know.
Speaker 4: I think that if you want to have a modern ad about like loofahs and cleaning.
Speaker 2: They should just call it the Paul Riker and it should.
Speaker 4: Be an ad of your dad in Vegas having a shit stain on his bed and.
Speaker 2: Being like, crap, I can't have a girl over like this.
Speaker 4: And then it just stops there and it's like, do you leave shit stains on your bed? Well, wash your ass with the Pall Riker system. We will send you one sponge and one bar of soap. Get in there, and that's it. Like, I don't think you need all these belts and whistles. Ye wash your butt.
Speaker 3: I've told you his big, our big Thanksgiving argument. We had a couple years ago with my dad and skid marks, right.
Speaker 1: I think that's yes, you did.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think we probably did that on this podcast.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you bring it up a lot.
Speaker 3: It's because it was crazy. It was a table full of people being like, what are you talking about? Your insane I'm like, oh, oh, everyone here's too good to admit that we all have skid marks all the time. It's like, no, we don't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the stuff he finds, the stuff he finds like not masculine. It's very funny to me.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, because the thing is too he's not like, you know, this super masculine like he would admit like he is just a very uh like he'll pass out if he has to get like you know, blood drawn or something like that. He's very just like afraid of pain and things like that. And you know, never fought anyone, would be terrified if he had to. He's frequently scared. And yet he's always like, oh, real man, I'm gonna have a real man beer. I'm gonna have a real man beery.
Speaker 2: You think would be like a good marketing ploy.
Speaker 4: I feel like it would be like, uh, a mint that looks like a cigarette butt.
Speaker 2: And then then when you.
Speaker 4: Put it in, it looks like you're eating a cigarette butt because you're like a man, but it's actually making your breath minty fresh.
Speaker 3: He did think he was manly because he drank out of a mountain do major mellon that he was using as a cigarette ash thing. So he drank his cigarette ashes and I was like, that's fucking disgusting, and he's like, my body, my body's fortified from the ashes.
Speaker 1: Man, body was fortified from the ashes.
Speaker 3: I think he just thought he was a man because he drank cigarette ashes and he didn't care about it, and I don't want about it. I'm a man.
Speaker 4: My body wash for Paul Riker would be like made in a gasoline tank a can, and it would he would like pour the gas tank on himself. But it's actually just like a really nice smelling soap.
Speaker 3: I think it's like a nice I'm guessing my dad has not bought a thing for his shower that is not I want to say he uses Irish spring. He definitely uses Purtplus. I don't think he has ever bought anything but Purtplus. In nineteen eighty eight, when I was showering, it was purt plus If I look in his bathroom today, it's purt plus, the same green ass bottle. It's only purtplus all the time. I actually iris spring sounds too fancy for him. It would be some like discount, like super duper cheap thing here's good. But with him it's always just the cheap does not matter. The quality does not matter. For him.
Speaker 4: It's it's as long as it's soap. I really don't care. I don't think we have to like, it doesn't have to be expensive or nice of any kind, as long as it's doing its job. I think what I'm talking about is just like the advertising ploys that allow men to be like, this is a manly experience and not for women because it looks like oil grease.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's great getting over that ship because it's just so stupidly limiting for no reason where it's like I remember one of the first times I went to a bar, I didn't really know what to order, beer wise or whatever, and I ordered a zema because I was like, oh, I've seen these commercials. It seems probably tastes good, you know, for a starting drinker that doesn't really know beer. And it's just a whole night of everyone calling me gay basically.
Speaker 2: And the whole all the men took you out back and beat the shit out of you for having one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, no no, they call me gay. For several hours, I'd ever ordered zema ever again. And then it's like, wait, no, drink the zema if you like the zema like I, yeah, it's nice getting over that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm glad.
Speaker 2: All yeah, all a ploy we're so afraid of.
Speaker 1: I would make fun of you if you order at a bar, but I wouldn't call you gay. I would just say you have to.
Speaker 3: You would say that sucks, right, yea suck.
Speaker 2: What about it's not for women?
Speaker 3: Z mo?
Speaker 1: Yeah, masculine?
Speaker 3: What's mo?
Speaker 4: Well, it's and like flavor, okay.
Speaker 2: Substance that will make MO women?
Speaker 3: Okay, you are the this podcast.
Speaker 2: Wow, I can market the ship out of them.
Speaker 1: I only play the legend of Zeldo.
Speaker 3: I just googled is zeema a soup? And it is? It is a It's a malted beverage.
Speaker 1: What is I actually don't know what it is.
Speaker 3: Let me look it up. It's a clear, lightly carbonated alcoholic beverage made and distributed by Cores. Uh, it's no it's discontinued in eight Okay.
Speaker 1: Clear lightly carbonated. Is it's just like high Noon.
Speaker 3: It's like like early Seltzer, like you know. It's when I think about like White Claw and stuff like that was ahead of its I think it was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Sema was a trailblazer.
Speaker 4: Zeema crawled so that White Claw could run.
Speaker 3: They're a book, The Long, Slow Tortures Torturous Death of Zema. Wow. Oh oh, here's why. Okay, this is why my dad would make fun of it. This writer cited Zema's perceived reputation as a girly man beverage and it's persistent parodying by late night TV host David Letterman. Okay, that's definitely why it was, like my dad's purview. Yeah, yeah, Saul, Okay, Okay.
Speaker 2: I feel like there was it was a common internet joke that Zema.
Speaker 1: Was for for like.
Speaker 4: Girls or people who like didn't know how to drink. I'm trying to like figure out how to say this. I know, I mean, and that comes out really sexist, but I think that's the whole pointing culture is. Yeah, it was that they were like men would never drink a zeema because that is for the ladies.
Speaker 3: I don't think alcohol choice. I remember, uh, it really shouldn't determined personality or anything. I remember when I was watching a lot of Deadwood. I was like, Oh, I'm gonna be cool like these dead Wood guys. I'm gonna start drinking Oh, bullet bourbon that looks like that. Yeah, bullet bourbon. I'm gonna drink out of this. Yeah, I'm gonna bring a bottle of old Crow to all these house parties and stuff, and I'm gonna seem like a tough guy and like it's just it's just you taste.
Speaker 4: It and you were like, this doesn't taste good.
Speaker 3: No, I didn't get it was cheap. I was. I was Paul Record at that time. I realized today on Black Club there was a period in my life where I subscribed to Maxim stuff and fahm, yeah not yes, I say that that is the most embarrassing thing I've ever said, and I think I agree.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you're paying monthly for those each. No.
Speaker 3: I think I had some weird gimmick where I got up for free. I don't think I would have paid for it. I think it was some weird like, oh, you do this thing and you get pick a magazine. I was like, oh, what was the gimmick that.
Speaker 1: You paid two hundred dollars in January and got the magazine throughout the rest of the year.
Speaker 3: No, it was I definitely got it free for some reason. But they would have like video game reviews and stuff in there, and I remember getting like stuff magazines. I'm saying, I subscribed because of the ladies, and then I would read the video game reviews and be like these otherlers don't know what they're talking about, Like this is no e GM while you're on maxim toilet.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I call the video games reading an FHM criticizing the games writing.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, oh they got this totally wrong, like there should be a point higher. Definitely. I remember my step grandpa next to his toilet had a giant stack of playboys, and so whenever I went over there when I was like, you know, twelve thirteen, that age, I would just every time a shit, I would look over there and I just feel it's right there. I could just see boobs. I just have to open one of those. Because at the time, you know, we're talking like early Internet or I wasn't really looking like internet boobs or anything because I was assumed, well, I assume my parents were like tracking it. Of course they could, you know, But no, they weren't. So I was like, oh, this is a clear way I could see boobs. And but I was like, always so paranoid that adults must have a way of tracking and knowing if if you're watching porny stuff, and so I was like, they gotta know. There's got to be some sort of light that'll show fingerprints or something. There's got to be some like, you know, he probably took a picture of exactly like what angle it was on.
Speaker 4: There are DNA tests that would probably confirm your guilt. But I don't think that your parents would go to that lane.
Speaker 3: No, no, yeah, but I just remember just every time I should just God damned, I wish I could look at boze, but I'm gonna get caught.
Speaker 1: I used to tear pages out of my oldest brothers playboys when I visited his house in college.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, that's adorable, because there's no way he wouldn't recognize a ripped page and be like, my stupid little morning brother, that's so cute.
Speaker 3: Could I tell you this is a girl story?
Speaker 1: God stop me if I've told you this.
Speaker 3: My dad, who is always trying to, you know, buy things to sell them on eBay and stuff, went to an estate sale once and this was like three four years ago, not that long ago. And so I went over to his place once it was home for the holidays, and he had like nine thousand playboys on his fireplace, just stacks and stacks and stacks and playboys. And uh. I was like waiting for him to get ready or something, and you were about to go about to go to the bar or something. So I'm sitting down there and I'm just like, all right, let's look at these old ass playboys or whatever. And I started flipping through them. One but I think that's the first one I opened up the most, like you open it up and it all peels and rips and stickies, and I was like, ah, my dad's like I made a noise. My Dad's like, what happened. I was like, there's a bunch of dead guy coming this. He was from the state sale. He was recently the seamed man's seamen in this thing. God, and then he had a crisis of like why can't I can't sell these? Now I can't sell these? The dead guy come all over him.
Speaker 2: He didn't think people don't know that it's dead guy Come. It could be anybody.
Speaker 3: It's still come.
Speaker 2: Some people would configure your dad's come.
Speaker 3: That's also gross.
Speaker 2: Yees saying well, where are these movings?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 3: Tell me where I think you did?
Speaker 2: How much?
Speaker 3: How much I think I remember him telling you about carrying a bunch of like dead guy come playboys to like his neighborhood dumpster, just like a big trash bag.
Speaker 1: What dumpster? Which dumps?
Speaker 4: The new version of dog eared books, it's just called the sticky pages.
Speaker 1: God, oh god, you want to talk about video games?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Mmmm, that is a delicious mic. Help me, help me pronounce this. That's right. I'm drinking a from First Leave now. I joined First Leave to enjoy some fantastic personalized wine just for me. But now it's become my secret weapon for the holiday season, from hosting to attending parties, I always have great wines on hand to sh share with friends and family.
Speaker 1: Whether you're new to First Leaf or you've been in it for a while, all you have to do is just answer some simple questions about your wine preferences. With Thanksgiving coming up, it's going to be a good time of the year for some beaujelat more medium bodied forward wines impress the whole family. I myself have been getting some good zinfandels as the weather is starting to get chilly. Mary, tell people how they can get in on this action.
Speaker 4: Get your boujalats, bring a great bottle to your next gathering with first Leaf. Go to try first leaf dot com slash fire Escape to sign up and you'll get your first six hand picked bottles for just forty four ninety five. That's try first leaf dot com slash fire Escape. Try first leaf dot com slash fire Escape. You guys talked about so many games. I actually I listened to the last podcast because I didn't want to, like literally talk about the same games two weeks in a row. And I was amazed with how many games you guys covered. I want to say it was over a dozen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I I was writing a money down for this week, and I can't remember which one I talked. Did I talk about UFO fifty last week?
Speaker 2: You did? You did?
Speaker 4: And so you guys were talking about Uh. I can talk about this because I, yeah, I listened to it and you were discussing it. But you also said, there's like a part in UFO fifty where you get to a point and like everything changes, and then it was very important that you like didn't give away any of the secrets because a part of the value of UFO fifty is that like something weird happens or I don't really know.
Speaker 1: So you're saying, there seems like there's a meta layer of a story. Yeah, it's hinting at but you haven't figured it out yet.
Speaker 3: Oh and yeah, there's the terminal thing, but I still have no idea what that is.
Speaker 2: And I don't want to know, but I am curious.
Speaker 4: Like updated if like more games are of genuine value or if they still have a lot of that superficial nostalgic value which is still cool but not really a selling point for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, bring up. We can talk about it again.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm literally asking you right now.
Speaker 3: We're back on the podcast. Put on the podcast. Like seconds, I thought we were just shooting the ship.
Speaker 2: All right, we are just shooting the ship.
Speaker 3: That's what this game, and usually Mike brings it back. I was thrown off.
Speaker 1: Nice goodness, it was good of her to host and kind of thank you slip in there when I didn't ask her to.
Speaker 2: But now it's fine, right, keep it up. You better, you better keep on your good stuff.
Speaker 1: So damn you're safty, you said another.
Speaker 3: I've been talking a lot about this metal Layer. Yeah, no, I have no idea what touck the metal layers. Yeah, there are numerous games that have value just as their own thing that like is not based on like, oh, this reminds me of you know, metro Eater, or this reminds me of this thing or whatever. What's the one? I sorted this pilot Quest, which it's so cool to take like concepts that you see in games today and apply them to games that seem like they were made in the eighties. So like there's like clicker and idle mechanics in this pilot Quest game, and you're basically going on runs to get sources and stuff, and you were buying these things back at like your home base that it's like idly will make you currency and stuff like that, which that wasn't really a thing you saw a lot back then. So it's so interesting to see modern mechanics in a very legitimately old feeling game. And yeah, like that Mortal game, I camera if I talked about that last time. But really cool concepts that are unlike anything that you know. There are the ones that remind me of like, oh, I remember this is like when I rented this Nis game at Blockbuster or whatever. But then there's a lot where it's like this is cool because it's like I'm getting a glimpse into an alternate history where games like this were made back then when they really weren't. I still have a ton to play. I mean I think I've only played like fifteen to twenty of them, but a lot of them, Like some of them, I will play like once or twice and be like, all right, I get what this one's doing. I don't need to keep playing this one. And then some of them I will stay on for a while and be like, oh I really like what this is doing. I want to see how far I can get.
Speaker 1: So it's your favorite one so far.
Speaker 3: Mortal is really cool. The Pilot Quest is really cool. Paint Chases fun. Yeah, like a bunch of our two players, Well, paint chase, You're like a car and it's like a pac Man grid And imagine like again like modern like it makes me think of Splittoon the way you have a certain amount of time, and your car basically has like a paint roller behind it or whatever. So like as you race around this pac Man maze, you are painting the track like blue. And at the end, so at the level started, it'll be like you have to get fifty percent of the level cleared here. So you're painting over this, but your enemy car is going around or cars are going around painting and pink, and so you're trying to like take out the other cars and paint over their stuff, and they're trying to paint over yours. And it's really clever idea. And again it seems like it looks like a game that would have come out back then, but I can't think of one that was quite like that. So there's a lot of examples of stuff like that. So yeah, really really cool. It's an ideal Steam deck game that the flights to and from Japan.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 3: It was awesome having that on the same deck. Played a ton of it and then we'll talk about it later. I had Zelda on the way back. It unlocked like an hour. I was at the airport when Zelda unlocked, and so I was like, oh my god, a new fucking Zelda game and I'm about to be on a plane for eleven hours. That kicks ass.
Speaker 2: So let's talk about it. Now, what's the new Zelda?
Speaker 3: Like, let's do it? Well, are we doing the podcast now? Oh yeah, we're on oh ship, we're on the air. Okay, okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Do you want to start? Sure?
Speaker 3: Well you're here though, so you bring us in from break eh.
Speaker 1: Legend of Zeldo Wisdom.
Speaker 3: This isn't a shoot.
Speaker 1: Legend levels of Zeldo. Uh, ed Joes of Wisdom is out. I'm on, I've done three dungeons.
Speaker 3: Uh so were you passed hyrol Castle?
Speaker 1: No? I did Grudo and I did the I don't want to spoil the name of the dungeon from the water area at the beginning.
Speaker 2: I'm still pretty do them out of order.
Speaker 1: You can do the first you can do that well, I mean the first. The first part is also kind of technically an intro dungeon.
Speaker 3: Oh sure, okay, so I know where you're at. Yeah, married to answer your question, and it's it'll show you like these two dungeons and it's like you can go to either one of these, so you can do those in whatever order. And then there is a part where Mike is about to get to where it opens up quite a bit more same.
Speaker 1: Yea, so it's like link between worlds, et cetera.
Speaker 3: Yes, and that's where I really started liking it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm really enjoying it, I guess for those who don't know, it's like, first off, it's a full fledged Zelda game. I know it was getting shit early, which I don't even want to, you know, breathe oxygen on that. But yeah, I mean I'm hearing some people are taking like twenty five hours doing all the side content, of which there's a lot. The main conceit is you're playing at Zelda and you basically are collecting echoes, which are just basically items, enemies, allies you can summon at will based on your energy level from try your companion like your fairy companion. There are actually several layers to the abilities, which I think is really cool. I want to talk about that, but yeah, generally speaking, it's you're rarely engaging in like hand to hand combat, although you are.
Speaker 3: Because there is a burst of it. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah. You basically can raise the Hero's sword and become like a phantom link for a little bit during Boss fights, or just if you have an enemy that your allies or your echoes are not doing too much damage against, but really clever dungeon design. I there are a decent number of frustrations. I'm playing on a launch switch. I don't know how much that matters, but the frame rate is not great.
Speaker 3: It's very inconsistent. It is, and it does in a weird way where it's like remember the Links Awakening remake, it would just be like, Okay, if I'm outside there's a bunch of grass or whatever, it'll slow down here. It's like it will just kind of like shift for like a second and then go back. And it's not as dependent on you know, because you can spawn a lot of enemies and stuff like that, so there can be a lot of stuff happening on screen. So the the times that it shipped, frame rates and stuff is more frequent. I feel like I notice it less when it's docked when I'm playing on the on the TV. When I'm playing handheld, I notice it more. But I have it on an old so I don't know if the launch is worse in that regard, but it is noticeable. It's not like ruining my enjoyment of it or anything like that, but it is definitely a noticeable thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Then there's also like a third layer where try. I keep wanting to say tree, but I think it's try.
Speaker 3: Because it's a triforce.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, triforce, but it's fee in skywrid sword, so I don't know. You can also bind with objects and it's got a similar green glow to like zone I abilities, and then those basically whatever distance you're at, you can move and then it'll pull like giant boulders at the same distance. You can do a bunch with that. You can do it with like statues and one not too.
Speaker 3: Or you can hold R while you're binded to something and then link or Zelda will follow that thing. So for instance, yeah, so Greub told me about this and I tried it today and it's awesome. So you can break this game in weird way? Is that like typically you can't do and Zelda games. So like, there are areas of the map that like, okay, it's supposed to be not necessarily a place you get to until you get this item or whatever, but you can break it in ways where it's like, let's say, at this point, I can summon like a grilled fish. And so let's say I summon a bird and I bind myself to the bird, and then I summon fish grilled fish, and I hold it on my head like above my head, and I hold an r to bind myself to that bird. The bird will constantly be flying towards the fish, but since I'm holding it, it stays at the same thing. So you just start flying with the bird. You can fly across the entire map with a bird by just holding a fish. It's like weird shit like that. That is like, oh, this is kind of awesome, like it.
Speaker 4: Hey, yeah, that seems intentional, like they saw this coming.
Speaker 3: It doesn't seem like they shied away from it or like I don't think it was necessarily like it's not oh here's the part where you do that, but it definitely seems like it encourages you to to experiment because nothing ever breaks. Really, it's just like it it works. It's not like, oh, I got to this area and everything's broken. I can't get into this dungeon or anything. It's just like, oh shit, I'm over here now. I don't know if I was supposed to be here yet, but that fucking bird took me here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are generally numerous solutions to any puzzle, even like the ways you fight different bosses there. I saw several viable options. It feels it's kind of cool how it is kind of carrying forward the tiers of the Kingdom willingness to let players break the game, even though it is more like links awakening, remake, link between worlds, kind of top down view and world structure. But yeah, I'm really enjoying that, and also just finding solutions or just platforming things that you get in certain habits and summoning like okay, box table box or box, shrubbery table, trampoline, whatever, And later on I'm like, oh my god, I could have just been doing this the whole time. This was way easier. That happens a lot in this game.
Speaker 3: Or you get something that just renders it completely obsolete, where it's like, oh, I got this water cube. Now I've never making a single leather trampoline, you know. The water king Street actually added a couple added a couple categories for Game of the Year where best echoes, so if if you guys are playing through it, to think of your favorite echoes and also under coolest dude, that category we've done before. First nominee, I put stamp guy guy.
Speaker 1: Amanda's but yes, I might him in the seaside village. Amanda's just watching me and she's like, this guy sucks. Go find him somewhere else.
Speaker 3: Like, yeah, no, he is so horny for stamps. It is incredible. Yeah, I'm just gonna pluck it right down.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, yeah, he's the fucking amped. I will say that. For as often as they find echoes, I'm like, oh, this is awesome. Like, I remember I just found the cormadillo. It's an armadillo you just spawned. He rolls forward and it's like a projectile. There are a lot that I'm like, what the fuck is this? How is this useful? Like it's entirely possible that I'm just not using them in the right situation. But I remember I got like the dragon the wasp, and yeah, the description says it finds the right that it has it skilled at finding the perfect time to strike, and I summon them and the wind up for their stingers. Yes, so long they never land a hit.
Speaker 3: And then a lot of them are like that, the spear of goblins, the birds, A lot of them have that just like animation of like okay, I'm locked in and then the enemy moves and like fuck yeah.
Speaker 1: And just as also, the path finding for your minions kind of sucks sometimes when they get caught on walls. It's it's it gets frustrating sometimes. And also I can get caught on corners and whatnot when like a minion is forcing me into it, but that's rare.
Speaker 3: There's an amount of directing you can do where it's like if you lock on to an enemy or an object or something that tells all of your echoes to go towards it, so you can basically like direct them. It's very light and honestly, like it's not a perfect system, but because of how interesting it is and how it really does change the game, I'm willing to put up with. Like, Okay, this stuff doesn't always work perfectly, but the amount of freedom of grants you is worth the trade off. I think it's almost like a scribble noots type thing. I'm just like, oh, what's a fun weird way I wonder if I can beat this using this thing or whatever. You know, you feel like you're the one finding the solutions versus like, oh, this is the wall that I have to use this bomb for or press the switch or something. You know, it's but you're right, it is a It's a full on Zelda game. It is. I didn't know what to expect when they announced it, because you know, they've been Triforce heroes, they've been Four Swords adventures, you know, things with the Zelda name that were not full fledged Zelda games. This is one hundred percent and Mike, you're not even at Like there is a part where you go to Hydro Castle, and then after that it does feel like I've been exploring the entire map and there's way more side quest, way more things going on, and that I was liking it before. I think it was like probably sitting around at eight for me until like after hiro Castle, and then it's like, oh, this really opened up an out of a bunch of stuff. Like I think I'm probably around like a nine now. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did you finish it on the flight?
Speaker 3: No? No, I I played maybe three or four hours on the flight and then try to sleep at times. You know, quick aside, Have you guys seen No Hard Feelings the Jennifer Lawrence movie. Yes, it's really funny.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's really funny. Did you watch it on a plane. Yeah, that's unfortunate.
Speaker 2: You missed the start.
Speaker 3: I was watching in my X real like ar glasses, so no one else can see it but me. Are you talking about the boob part?
Speaker 2: I mean, it's not just the boob part.
Speaker 3: I feel like that's the only like thing that if somebody looked at your screen would be well, I guess, I guess there's some stuff.
Speaker 2: There, but there's just double check we're talking about the same.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Jennifer Lawrence.
Speaker 2: But you saw it. You saw it through the plane.
Speaker 3: Like No. I saw it through my glasses.
Speaker 2: Sure, but like.
Speaker 3: I see all movies through my glasses.
Speaker 2: But the plane version, No.
Speaker 3: I downloaded it to uh the X reel, Like it's like this this beam pro thing that you can download movies too. So I logged into my Netflix account and dowloaded a bunch of movies.
Speaker 4: Okay, so it was your Netflix. Okay, it's not boobs, it's full frontal.
Speaker 3: Oh you know the version I downloaded. I was wondering there was pixelated vagina going on.
Speaker 2: There, you fool? That is Oh that is full frontal, Jennifer Lawrence.
Speaker 3: Oh, I was wondering if it's like, oh, weird, I've never seen blurring in a movie before, so I guess that's the Netflix person has the blurring.
Speaker 2: Then, I mean, not the one I saw.
Speaker 3: Well, I downloaded it in Japan. I wonder if that's why.
Speaker 2: I wonder too, because weird.
Speaker 4: Not only is there like complete full frontal Jennifer Lawrence, which is insane of her to do for a film. She'smoking hot, but also she does like a suplex yeah, completely nude.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's incredible, and they show everything.
Speaker 4: I was blown away the entire like part of No Hard Feelings. And obviously it is a cheeky film. It's good, like people should it's a stupid rom com like it's it's enjoyable, like I recommend it. But dear ward, there's this scene where people steal her clothes.
Speaker 2: She's going swimming in the ocean.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, and these.
Speaker 4: Boys steal her clothes and she comes out of the ocean and this is in the distance in the background, and so she's very clearly completely naked walking from the ocean towards the camera. And this is the part where anyone watching the film would go, that's really funny. They're obviously going to cut away at some point. Oh, and they just don't. And she just slowly with nothing on, walks completely into the scene and starts kicking them in the balls and then suit flexing them, and you see everything, and they do not blur it or cut away. It is not a cut of her boobies. It is a cut of the entire body.
Speaker 2: It's nuts.
Speaker 4: I cannot believe they got away with it in Our Lord twenty twenty four. It is just it is just incredible. They like Jesus, she looks great, it's great.
Speaker 3: That is so interesting that like the blur if you saw it on Netflix and it wasn't blurred and I did, like I say.
Speaker 4: No, I remember saying for Lawrence VI Jay, that is not that was not boobs scene. The fact that you would say like, oh yeah, I saw the boobs, It's like, you stupid bitch, that is not what we're discussing.
Speaker 3: Well, I've only seen I saw that first, like Hunger Games movie forever ago. I think that's the only time I've seen Jennifer Lawrence anything. She's fucking hilarious in that movie. Like I was like laughing, I'm stifling laughing out loud on a plane several times during that movie. I was so.
Speaker 2: Impressive a good actress.
Speaker 4: She's a good actress, and she's very good in that film.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think it's a I mean for rom com.
Speaker 4: I always like to give it that preface because rom coms have like a lower tier for me, where it's just like it's stupid, it's unrealistic, it's ridiculous, and like makes leaps of faith, but it's enjoyable and you will laugh a lot during the film, Like I enjoyed watching it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it reminded me of like I guess I didn't really think about it being a rom com. I guess it is. I was. It felt like like a super Bad, like that vibe of like R rated comedy.
Speaker 2: You know, I appreciate that.
Speaker 4: I think like a lot of times I relegate those to like Failure to Launch or like how to Lose a Guy in ten Days. They are fun, but they're also like about feelings and about boys being like why can't I get girl? And that just isn't at the level of super Bad, which is also in many ways a rom com just about two dudes.
Speaker 3: God, I haven't seen I wonder how that's aged I remember thinking it was there was a point where Apatow was like between that and forty year old Virgin, Like Appataw was just killing with stuff, and I remember funny people. I downloaded that too. I haven't watched yet because I haven't seen that.
Speaker 1: I would say Superbad is about two high schoolers who want it to be a rom com, but it's a comedy and it's just like shitting on them the whole time. Last I checked, it has held up. There's definitely some like homophobic stuff, but yeah, it's not like pervasive throughout the movie.
Speaker 4: Sure it's not for women, but I think BookSmart is like really holds up and it's a very good version of it.
Speaker 3: That was like I think I was during the movie past Ero, wasn't it. I think I remember saying that in New York. Yeah.
Speaker 4: And then while I'm mad at because we're talking about this, I have to look it up. There's a brand new coming of age film.
Speaker 3: Hillbilly Elgy. You keep talking about that offline.
Speaker 2: God damn it. I would never talk about that.
Speaker 3: Chat kept talking about how much you like that.
Speaker 2: Listen, God, I will read it like Nixon.
Speaker 4: Let's just just go back to Nixon.
Speaker 3: Honestly, we prefer it.
Speaker 2: I listened to the last podcast, you motherfuckers.
Speaker 4: I heard I have a Nixon pop cap doll?
Speaker 2: What are those called?
Speaker 3: That's pretty funny. Who said that you did? I did? Awesome?
Speaker 2: Mary probably has a Nixon Funko pop.
Speaker 4: Let's google if they have a Nixon funk o and they do and and he's like this, they do lies and he's doing his little peace signs.
Speaker 3: They have a Nixon pop.
Speaker 2: I think they the Freies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Wow, gotta be a JFK. Gotta be an fdr.
Speaker 3: Wow, gotta be a Teddy McKinley.
Speaker 1: Probably a James K. Polk Church Church or Van Buren, of course, yeah, Van b boys.
Speaker 2: Damn it?
Speaker 1: Hold you get rom coms? Sorry go, Mary, No, you go.
Speaker 4: The whole reason I brought that up was because I wanted to tell you guys about a coming of age film that I saw on Netflix that I like. But I'm struggling to find the.
Speaker 2: Stop getting.
Speaker 1: Oh no, it's the Art of the Deal.
Speaker 3: No, is this the next evolution of the Merry Pit? No it's not.
Speaker 1: Oh, isn't that show you've been telling us to watch? The Apprentice? Oh?
Speaker 3: Ray where you get fired? If you do bad. Yeah, yeah, what's that like steak company? There's that steak company and that college you went to. Yeah, oh those nft those coins you got recently were really cool, right. What's that golf club in Florida you love?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, your new your new car is like a weirdles angular.
Speaker 3: Come on, come on, I'm so glad. I've seen your house and that gold toilet's awesome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thank you.
Speaker 4: You guys gonna talk about how I love that pillow company, my pillow Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Yeah those pillows. Yeah, you can't stop talking about them.
Speaker 4: Can stop talking about them? Okay, I found it. I found it while you guys were rambling about my garbage.
Speaker 1: Actually laser focused jokes.
Speaker 3: Not.
Speaker 2: Coherent Google a. I could write better jokes than you.
Speaker 3: Spun files dot com.
Speaker 2: It's called Incoming.
Speaker 4: It is a coming of age teen fun thing. It's similar to BookSmart, Roger, shut up.
Speaker 1: It's a coming of age can you can you polygon?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 4: It's book Smart or like uh can't hardly wait, which was more early two thousands. But it's a bunch of highs school year kids figuring it out and having a big party night. And yes, it looks like it's called incoming.
Speaker 2: I was surprised. I do encourage you.
Speaker 4: I will.
Speaker 2: I will set the bar here.
Speaker 4: It is obviously not super bad, because it would be very difficult to hit the level of super bad. But I was pleasantly surprised that with a bunch of teenage actors that I liked it. I laughed multiple times out loud, and they weren't super offensive. And the ending is like a good it's a good it's a good story that has it pays off.
Speaker 3: Yes, that sounds like a good. Uh Like, I find like there's a certain type of plane movie that I like. And yeah, I watched planes, trains and Automo Wheels for the first time on the way out there, and the no hard feelings in the way. I still like comedies where it's like you don't really need surround sound and giant TV and all that stuff, you know, just lighthearted, plain stuff like I like that a lot. I know we're doing a movie detour here, but I have mention Friday, I am seeing Megalopolis and I could not be more excited. Have you creating about this movie.
Speaker 2: I've only heard that it's garbage.
Speaker 3: Or like going to be insane, I think I don't think it's gonna make any fucking sense. Let me read. Mike Drucker did some tweets about it. He saught. He said, Megalopolis feels like cutscenes you'd see if Hideo Kajima made Sim City. And he said, if I told you Hadeo Kajima made a city building game where Aubrey Plaza plays a financial media celebrity named Wow Platinum, you'd be like, yeah, that sounds great. Well, I've got good news for you. So I've seen the trailer. I heard that there's a part where Adam Driver breaks the fourth wall and talks to someone in the theater that asks a question like weird. It just sounds and it's a completely empty theater. It came out like last week. I bought tickets to day. Me and Bonker are the only people in the theater. I'm so fucking excited for this weird train wreck.
Speaker 2: Maybe that it's such a train wreck, it might be like one of those cult trains, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's kind of how I feel about like a net where a net. But again, Adam Driver, I Bank and I hated it so much when we first watched it, but I've now seen it like five times. I'm like, no, I think, I legitimately, unironically think this movie kicks ass, and it's just so fucking weird and bold, like I'm kind of hoping, like I just I will take a movie that I will remember forever over a seven out of ten, you know what I mean, even if Megalopolis is a two out of ten.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it worked for water World, was all right.
Speaker 3: I watched it a few months ago for together.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but when it came out, guess what everybody said, this is a fucking train wreck.
Speaker 2: Yep, yep, And now we all talk about water World.
Speaker 4: So maybe Megalopolis, megal megalol Megalopolis, you say, Megalopolis.
Speaker 1: There you go, you got it?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Well, and I love too that Like it's actually a really interesting advertising campaign they did where they show like the reviews of The Godfather, the reviews of Apoca now and it's just like bad review of people being like the critics being like this sucks, this is garbage, this is and like now it's basically the campaign being like, oh you know, yeah, critics said this was shit too, and now people love it. But the thing is they made up all the quotes. So it's like, well, you kind of lose some of the impact when you made up and they pulled the trailer.
Speaker 2: I heard about that. Didn't they use AI to make up those?
Speaker 4: Did they?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And I think they got a lot of shit for that too, because they used real names. The reviewed names are real, but the wow fake.
Speaker 4: And so then the reviewers, or at least the companies that were beholden to those review names, were like, that's bullshit that you would do that.
Speaker 3: That's really weird. Okay.
Speaker 2: They were like saying, like varieties.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they had the name of the reviewer. Yeah, but it's a fake.
Speaker 1: We're gonna get found out.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and they got I heard about that too. That was a huge controversy and it used AI, so not popular. Interesting, I've heard. I've heard that this is like a mess.
Speaker 2: Of a film.
Speaker 3: We're going to be high the trailer? Yes, what a.
Speaker 4: Wonderful Oh let's you guys made fun of me for like having a really shit review. But I love the idea of Dan Reiker watching a movie and being like, just so you guys know, I was extremely high.
Speaker 3: Oh absolutely, let's get into it. Certain movies you want to be high for and everything I'm going to make Apola is like, yeah, we're gonna have some medicals and cocktails before we go into this one.
Speaker 2: What a mess.
Speaker 3: I can't wait.
Speaker 2: What the fuck is grapple that's our review on Zelda?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Zelda, Yeah, I'm going back.
Speaker 3: I have liked it. I've had reservations. I have had things that kind of annoyed me as i've played, but I'm finding myself liking it more.
Speaker 2: Trying to summarize it. It's over. You think Zelda's fine. I think golf is very good.
Speaker 3: Nine nine for me right now. Yeah that's a great score.
Speaker 2: Okay, thank you?
Speaker 1: Even superb score? Is that? What do we have the while?
Speaker 3: Do we have the breakdown of like what the fuse? Several poops like two through four, like different shades of poop?
Speaker 1: I think, yeah, what is Grapple Dogs?
Speaker 4: So Grapple Dogs is the sequel to Grapple Dog. Grapple Dog came out several years ago, and I actually really liked it. I was surprised that Grappled Dog a very simple, uh visual two D platform or game where obviously you have a grapple hook and you're a dog and you just travel around and it takes you through a bunch of platforming challenges.
Speaker 2: It captured my attention. Grapple Dogs.
Speaker 4: The sequel is Cosmic Canines, so it's the full title is Grappled Dogs. Cosmic Canines adds a secondary dog. Now there is a girl dog. She's sassy, she doesn't mess around. She's a bit like emo looking. She wears like dark goth clothing.
Speaker 3: And two players.
Speaker 2: No, it's single.
Speaker 4: But what's neat about it is is the first dog he doesn't have a dash. This girl adds a gun and a dash. And they were like, you know what, Grapple Dogs needs a.
Speaker 2: Gun and a dash.
Speaker 4: And so now you have twice the dog, double the dog, and you can change dogs. It completely has to change the way you play the game.
Speaker 3: So on the fly, can you do it like during a level?
Speaker 2: No, certain levels are for certain dogs.
Speaker 1: So who's there.
Speaker 4: That is like an old wise Ostrich that tells you secrets about lore, about the world.
Speaker 3: Who's the bunny?
Speaker 2: I mean, nobody cares about them, but they're.
Speaker 3: Like a cover. It's on the cover. She's got her control.
Speaker 1: She's like a.
Speaker 4: Person that you're helping. You're saving their world. Okay, I find them of no consequence.
Speaker 3: So the narrative not exactly the start here.
Speaker 2: Oh god no.
Speaker 4: In fact, I would say that one of the weaker parts of this game. I'll get to what I like about it, but the thing I do not like about this game is how often there will be someone in the level that has an exclamation mark and you can talk to them, and how.
Speaker 2: Never is it valuable or anything you ever need to do.
Speaker 4: At this point, and I'm well past three quarters of the game, I just do not talk to people, and if there is ever dialogue, I skip past it. It is worthless to me. This story is of no interest, but that's fine. This game is about grapple dogs. You are grapple hooking lots of different areas and spaces to get through the levels. When you're the girl dog, you shoot and dash your way through it, and when you're the boy dog, you have this like punch move so you can like punch through blocks and like enemies and stuff like that, and you have a bounce move so that you can ounce up and down. There's really nothing else to say about that, But the point is is the levels have a nice amount of variety to them. There's certain levels that are speed challenges, which I think Dan you would like. When I play this game, the thing that I get most excited about is the speed challenges, and they'll be like, you have to get all the apples in this space in less than two minutes, and so you're running around, you're grappling, you're wall dashing, you're jumping back and forth trying to get as many apples in under two minutes. And to get all the bonuses, you do have to be thinking about making sure like how you can get each item and under the two minute warning challenge.
Speaker 2: That's fun. The regular levels, there's three hidden bonus I don't know what they are.
Speaker 1: It doesn't really matter, but like I just see Gizmo's Tael on screen that I hear like he's punching something he.
Speaker 3: Knows, just like digging into the recliner for some reason.
Speaker 4: Okay, anyone who knows about grapple dogs, well, no, it's very dog focused. There's three hidden items in each level, plus a treasure box. You actually do have to pay attention to find these hidden items plus the treasure box. They're usually behind hidden walls or between behind like a really difficult to get platforming section. So while anyone can beat these levels. This game is not difficult to get all the items and the treasure box. You do have to be paying attention and be moderately skilled at a platforming. I think for the platform enthusiast Dan, I do think of you. I think it's an interesting game that carries on the momentum from the original Grapple Dog, and I do think it's worth playing.
Speaker 3: I've always appreciated games, and like Mario has always been good at this where it's like, okay, if you just want to beat the game, if you want to beat Mario sixty four, you can do it with I don't know what the minimum amount of stars is, but like you don't if you get to a hard level or whatever, you don't have to do it.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: It's like but for people that want to go crazy with it, like like with Odyssey, I got every single moon in that game. I played the shit out of it. But if I didn't want to do the super secret bonus thing at the end, and just if I wanted to see credits, that's easy enough to do. But then if you are someone like me that wants to like super be challenged, it's got that option too. I think that's really cool.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's got the levels for the different type of gamer or player that it might be. I think that kids could play through this game and fumble their way through it, but if you want to actually get everything, you have to start thinking and paying attention and get it done. It also adds a lot of additional types of gun or material. There's a gun that essentially turns certain areas into grass, and you can only climb if it's grass, so.
Speaker 2: They'll be all this dirt.
Speaker 4: So you're shooting it, turning into grass, grabbing it, and you're doing that back and forth. I mean, I think it's fun and it mixes it up enough. There's another electrical gun that turns you into essentially like a ball of energy that pingpongs around the level. Very later in the game, I got a new gun that just straight up turns me into a ball of fire, and I can fly now like I can just fly around the.
Speaker 2: Entire level, So you get quite powerful towards the end.
Speaker 4: It's not a difficult game, generally speaking, but I find it enjoyable enough. It's kept my attention. I will beat it over time once I get a little bit more time with it. But yeah, Grapple Dogs. Cosmic Canines has surprised me and it might surprise you too. It's just hard to compete with all the top tier contenders right now, but.
Speaker 2: It's a good game.
Speaker 3: I made a note though, because like this does sound interesting to me, and like it seems like, you know, we were talking about playing movies before. Like you know, sometimes when you're on a plane, you just want to zone out, and don't you're not playing a game like a Zelda that you're like super invested in. You just want to do like a fun kind of little challenge game like this. And I'll get this on my steam deck and I will probably give this a shot.
Speaker 2: It's a total Steam deck plane game.
Speaker 4: Or like sitting on my couch while I'm also watching Netflix Jennifer Lawrence full Frontal, I would probably play Cosmic Canines while I'm watching that cool Dan.
Speaker 1: I know Jake talked about Dead Rising a few episodes ago, but looks you've been playing it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not up ton to add other than the fact that, like I beat it, and I was just very much reminded of, like it's interesting now that we're far enough away from that three sixty era, especially early three sixty like Dead Rising, where I it's like, oh man, that seems pretty recent to me. I don't consider it retro, but it's been long enough now to where it's like, oh right, Dead Rising, Okay, I forgot how much I really like this game's whole vibe and sense of humor and everything. It's super unique too. Like I, I was talking to Nati, he's him and I both hated like zombie stuff because it was just so overdone, you know, forever ago, and this was the one that kind of broke through for both of us where it's like, oh wait, no, this game is just so much fucking fun and just that idea of the seventy two hours that you kind of loop and see how many people you can save and you can kind of that new game plus was very much baked into you're supposed to play it several times.
Speaker 2: It's silly and funny.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, it's that's the thing. It's like, I don't give a shit about The Walking Dead, the show or the game because I just don't care about this super serious, fucking zombie and fiction stuff. It's always boring to me. This was just very fun where it's like, okay, we've got hordes of zombies, which makes it fun to grab these insane weapons and just carve through them on the way to go do some stupid thing or kill someone in a grocery store. It's all the all the boss fights are super memorable and cool. It's I just really really like Dead Rising, and I'm glad to be reminded of that in a time where it's like Dead Rising for was the last one, and we really talked about that. Dead Rising Free was all right, but this was my favorite for sure. So very fun to go through, and I did not expect to play for the whole game. Again, that's cool.
Speaker 4: It's cool that you like ended up sucking that much time into it, considering like the age of it and everything.
Speaker 3: It's still like I mean, and the remake does smart things where you know, the original got a lot of shit for like the save system and things like that, and this has auto saved, This has some that quality life stuff. Obviously, it looks really good. Yeah, it's it's very very solid.
Speaker 2: Are the boss fights still annoying?
Speaker 3: They're annoying. I mean, it's kind of like a it's a little just janky, just the way everything works, you know, the AI is not the most brilliant, and some weapons feel like you're just it's like a pea shooter and it's a little cheap sometimes, but it's a product of its time, and it was still very fun. I wasn't like dying five times on a boss in stupid ways or whatever. You just got to figure out how to cheese it for the most part.
Speaker 1: Okay, are core Keeper.
Speaker 4: I've been playing more core Keeper. I still think it would be a really fun bonus episode.
Speaker 2: Core Keepers. Core Keepers really fun. I'm I'm really in I just think it's.
Speaker 4: Smart eight player multiplayer where you are digging around looking for stuff. I've beaten my fourth boss now, I mean it is really enjoyable to track down a boss and you have to work with your friends to be like, who's laying down traps? The one I just did It is a difficult boss to get through. And so it's like I was the person who was making health potions, so my job was to make the right There's like a health barry that you need for the potions, and I was like an alchemist, so I was building all these potions and like other things that would help increase your strength or your defense by thirty percent, which was very necessary for this boss.
Speaker 2: Someone else was.
Speaker 4: Mining and then making traps to lay down traps so that when the boss runs around, they're actually taking a lot of damage. The whole thing took a lot of planning. When we finally took it down, it was very exciting. And I just think there's something about this game of co op. You know, everybody gets to play how they want to play. If you want to be more defensive or support, if you want to be a miner, if you want to be a damage dealer, you can play the way you want to play. And so I just think it's a really smart game and I'm into it. So, yeah, Corekeeper is still dope, what are you playing on? I'm playing it on my steam deck, which is also a benefit because like if you wanted to play with somebody else in your house, they could play on their PC or they could play like in the living room while you play next to them on the steam deck.
Speaker 2: Like it's a very communal experience.
Speaker 3: Cool, Okay, I want to play it. Yeah, I'm curious. Yeah, I downloaded on the steam deck.
Speaker 4: I I think this is like up there for me and I am encouraging more people to give it a shot, but I do think it is a social game.
Speaker 2: I could not.
Speaker 4: I don't think I could sell this as a solo game. It would be like playing Minecraft by yourself, which you can do, but I think like the real sell of that game is running around in a world with other people.
Speaker 3: I was curious about that, because, yeah, I dowloaded that as one of the thirty games I downloaded for the Plane, and it's like, I don't know, like reading the description, hearing you talk about it, it's like, I don't really know if I should play this solo.
Speaker 4: I think that the way you should start this game is that we should play it and like dink around together. I think it's like an interesting game to figure.
Speaker 2: Out and solve.
Speaker 4: And even the first area, which is like mostly a mushroom onunderground area.
Speaker 2: Is cute and cheeky.
Speaker 4: And it's also low stakes. If you die, you just go back to home base and you got to go get your shit right. It's not the biggest deal in the world to accidentally die or go too hard.
Speaker 2: So low punishment. It wants you to explore and be a little bit of a ding dong, and I think that's great.
Speaker 1: Nice Dan you're playing Blattro on mobile.
Speaker 3: Oh, I'm somehow more into Blatro than ever. It's this is like the most brilliant game of the year situation. Like I don't know if they planned it this way, but it comes out early on in the year. Everyone fucking loves it, and as happens a lot of time, a lot of favorites come out early in the year, and then people forget about it, become give me the year time, and then no, they take the game that is the most mobile ready game fucking ever release it in late September, and I'm having a whole second wave of like I think I am playing it more now than I played it back then, and I played hundreds of hours back then. Like I've been like having like fucked up sleep since Japan, where it's like I'll just wake up at two or three or four in the morning and super not be able to fall back asleep and every time, and this last week I've just been grabbed my phone and laying in bed for like five hours playing Balatro. I played five hours.
Speaker 1: I had all these sleep because of Belatro, not your.
Speaker 2: No flaming jet lag. But you've been playing Blatro.
Speaker 3: No, it's jet LAG's fault. It's not Palatro.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I can't come into work again. It's jetlag.
Speaker 3: It's it is kind of a fucking problem at this point. Like I I download all these games. I like, I you know, I hate flights and everything. So oh, it's by the way, I brow dogged the flight home from Tokyo, which I did not think I'd be able to do, which is fucking crazy. Guy. I'm think I'm kind of getting over my flights thof in like the not the way people talk about it now, the way we talked about it back there were it's just son holds over, no Xanax, no beer or anything. And so it's like, I think, if I can do that from Tokyo, I think I'm I'm pretty confident about my playing Anxiety at this point. But I downloaded all these fucking games because I down all these movies. I you know, brought my ar glasses. I get downloaded you know, all this Switch I brought Switch and the Steam Deck. I'm like, it's a long. It's like fourteen hours out there, it's eleven hours coming back. I wound up just playing fucking Blatro for like five hours on the flight out there. And then as soon as I get to the hotel, my iPad connected to the hotel Wi fi and that over wrote my phone save of Balatro with the iPad save, so all that five hours was immediately gone. And there wasn't even a moment of like, ah shit, It was just like, oh no, I guess I had to start Pilatro again, like yeah, and I've just been playing that save and now it's officially out. It's so fucking good on mobile. It is so fucking awesome on iPad. On phone it is It's really like I'm playing it while I'm eating. I'm playing when I'm I don't know, it's on an Apple arcade.
Speaker 2: I know, I'm just curious.
Speaker 4: The reason I ask is because like buying a game again when I've already bought it.
Speaker 2: Is a bit of a cell for me.
Speaker 1: But I'll do it if it's like, yeah, you never did that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, it looks like some since it's ten dollars here. I just googled it and it says ten dollars.
Speaker 1: Wasn't it like seven? Like, wasn't it fifteen or something? On Steam? Initially I might be completed.
Speaker 3: Yes, we lost Mikey, Oh there we go. I don't remember how much it was on Steam, but yeah, ten dollars for Blatro is good, good, good.
Speaker 2: It's a good amount. It's just like for a mobile game that's like, uh, but.
Speaker 4: It's Balatro, but it's Bulatro, baby, Bulatro.
Speaker 3: It is the fucking best I got. I got the physical edition on switch they sent me. It's it's the best version of Blotro. And we already loved that game. We all played it on Steam.
Speaker 4: And what do you mean it's the best version of Bolotro. You're saying it plays better on mobile.
Speaker 3: I do think. I do think well because on the olead on the Switch old, I played screen and I think it is very nice to just be able to kind of like it's conducive to just moving cards around with your finger and stuff like that. But the size of a phone screen or like you know, prop up an iPad or something and play like you know, I'll have my breakfast in the morning, got my iPad right there, and just it is it's more conducive to touch controls than it is controllers and just having in your pocket all the fucking time. It is the perfect flight game. I don't buy. I do not play mobile games at all. I have not gotten a new mobile games since Threes, which was over a decade ago. At this point, I just don't give a shit about playing games on my phone. I am full unobsessed with the Blattro a game.
Speaker 1: Shit.
Speaker 3: The haptics are really good, like when the cards are getting dealt and everything all the like. There is a tactile sense of this game that is fantastic. This is the version of Blatro.
Speaker 4: Dude, my dad is so freaking into Bolattro. It's really it's really cool. It's not all the ways that I can get a winner with my dad, like I've I've had some good game.
Speaker 2: Pitches to him and some big losses.
Speaker 4: I bought him Blatro and I we're friends on Steam, so I get a little notification when he starts a game. And it is so funny how often every morning I'll be working and like you know, in slack or whatever, and I'll get a little notication in the bottom right that my dad is playing Bolotro again. He has sunk so many hours into Blatro and he can't help it. He'll tell me all about it and he'll just be like, it's crazy, Mary. How much every time I think I'm gonna win, and then the final boss is like you can't use spades, and I'm it's rude. Yeah, and the anti just like is completely so rude, but it makes you always on your toes.
Speaker 2: You might think you have it locked and you don't.
Speaker 4: You have to be very very confident to actually win and beat Bilatra.
Speaker 3: You need a plan B Like if you put all your stuff in like I'm gonna make all my card spades, and then the thing says you can't use spades, well you have no better.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Also that story Mary, because I with my dad because like I'm very selective with my dad about like, Okay, I think he will like super Mega Baseball too. I think he like, but he is very not up for trying new things. So it's like one game every three years, I'll try. And I tried. I made the big push with the black row, got him a Code U, and I spent like two hours when he was here when after my surgery, like like standing up, like I was doing a fucking presentation like okay, so this here you see if you hold this, and he did this, and I think he saw that there was something there. But there was also the Paul record came in where it's like, this isn't how poker works. Yeah, it's like, okay, Well I.
Speaker 4: Worried about that too, because my dad, actually, his number one hobby is to go to Vegas and play video poker.
Speaker 2: That's his thing, that's what he does.
Speaker 4: My dad goes to Vegas and he plays video poker, and so it was very difficult for me to express to him, this is poker on crack. It changes the rules of poker. You won't play poker anymore. And the first time my dad played this game, he got a royal flush and was like, I'm the fucking best and I was like, you're not, and you don't get it yet. And he lost a couple of rounds. But the first time he ever won, and I have the text on my phone, it's so cute. He was like, I won with two pair. Isn't that nuts?
Speaker 2: And I was like, that is nuts, dad, And like the fact that he there.
Speaker 4: Was something in his brain that finally clicked that it's not about getting the royal flush anymore.
Speaker 2: It's about just leveling up. Will you put that away?
Speaker 4: It's about leveling up whatever hand that you can that you think, well, you'll actually get a lot and score.
Speaker 3: Or building a whole deck based off a joker you get early on where it's like one of those runs.
Speaker 4: Okay, great, we're deleting half your deck and only having heart cards.
Speaker 2: That way you can't not get a flush. So interesting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the language of poker is good to know, you know, it's happiest the visuals of poker. But it is not poker. And that's the thing is, Like I kept telling my dad, like, you gotta turn off the start of your brain that is telling you to play this like poker because it is different than that. And I do think he struggled with it. But no, I'm I'm so fucking into it again.
Speaker 1: Best Jokers Game of the Year category.
Speaker 3: I already put it in there.
Speaker 1: It's already there. Okay, gotch I was gonna say, I assuming you did already out of it? Best Echoes, best Jokers, best Yep? What else?
Speaker 3: A few?
Speaker 1: There's got to be something in Infinite Wealth. Oh, I've been I've been playing more of Infinite Wealth, like chapter nine. I think I'm in now at this point. I like that game quite a bit.
Speaker 3: Spoil anything where it's been a while, now where you're at, Like, where are you at in the story.
Speaker 1: Fairly far into curious like main arc or like his big thing. Okay, like you find out it's I don't think it's what happened, what happens with him. But I'm back he left, I'm back doing his side of things he left.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, that's ya. I still need to pick up up because I got to the point where he left and uh oh.
Speaker 1: It starts doing some cool stuff like the next chapter after he leaves Hawaii.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, I need to because I was really loving that and I think something huge came out and play this.
Speaker 1: I found it pretty easy to pick back up. Okay, because I did. I got, I did Dundoku, I did the five star resort, and then I hung around for another like two or three hours to make it actually look good because there at a certain point like for four stars, like I just want five stars. I'll put buildings where the fuck ever. But uh, I picked up the actual j RPG of it all really quick again.
Speaker 3: That's yeah, because I remember when I quit, I was like, you know what, this is probably a decent time because there's a very clear distinct line of like, okay, this is in a different spot now, so maybe maybe I'll go back going to come out the game of the year.
Speaker 1: The UI is great, Like if you come up to the Blacksmith character the engineer, she'll be like, oh, I can do this and this and this, and then the combat will say, oh, this attack does this, and then make sure to line them up like this. So it was it's pretty easy. And then you know that game's cut scenes are pretty expositionary, so they're going to be like, oh, last time we spoke, this happened.
Speaker 3: I was right. It's really easy to images of what happened in the flashbacks.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, it was not hard to jump back into it all.
Speaker 3: I'll get back in because I feel like that's going to be my top ten this year and I should be like a lot.
Speaker 1: I came around on it. The beginning's still weak in my opinion, but I mean it's been a while, but.
Speaker 3: It takes a while.
Speaker 2: How many hours are you in though, just to get a perspective?
Speaker 1: Chapter nine?
Speaker 3: Oh man, I'm usually usually at that point.
Speaker 1: I'm usually good at this, but two big play sessions split up. Yeah, I would say like thirty probably.
Speaker 3: That's probably where I'm at, like around there. Yeah, but no good game.
Speaker 1: You start unlocking all the different jobs, the surfer, the fired dancer, the geo dancer, whatever you want to call them. It gets great. Yeah, Mary, you're also playing Demons. Sorry, Daisy, just closed out of my turn my camera off, just.
Speaker 2: Showing off that the hole and turning off all your systems.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what is this demon's game you speak of? Uh?
Speaker 4: Demons Mirror is a rogue light sorry, rogue like deck builder, and I think for that style of game, it's quite addictive.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 4: This is a game where you are building a deck and you're coming across monsters and a turn based system, so they're like going to attack you. You'll see what they're about to do above their heads, so they might be defending or maybe they're going to attack you, or they do something even crazier.
Speaker 2: I feel like this mixes rogue like deck builders with with that gem game match.
Speaker 3: Three like a a Jeweled Yes, I'm looking at images. It looks like a puzzle quest. A prelade puzzle quest is awesome.
Speaker 2: It does have that vibe to it.
Speaker 4: So it's Bejeweled meets a deck builder, and so you're coming across these characters. In order to attack them, you have to connect and it lets you do it diagonally because it's so cool. It lets you connect all of your little uh I think there are swords that cross to attack if you need to defend because maybe they're gonna they're gonna attack you that turn. Then you need to connect all your shields. But then it has all this like fun additional currency that is really interesting. It has this I don't know, green blob currency. If you connect all those, it gives you a super power that you can only use if you get enough of them. Maybe it's like twenty of them, and it adds them over time, and so if you get to that, then you get to do like twenty five damage or something really extreme, or you get to defend more or take away one of your because they can they can give you. They can give you like cons to your character that hurt your character and cause you problems later on, so you could like remove an issue that you have with your character. I've got really addicted to this game. I was shocked how addicted I got to this game. Maybe it's because of the Bejeweled aspect of it, of the matchmaking system and using that to attack, but also because it has a long way to Go. You have to be very careful with ever taking damage in that game. As you're building your deck, as you're building your character, you will get some insane opowers, but if you take too much damage, it's very difficult to get your health back, and then you die permanently and you have to start your.
Speaker 2: Character and your build all over again to try and beat it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it looks like Slay the Spire meets puzzle quests meets Yeah, monster Train.
Speaker 4: I'm surprised more people aren't talking about it because it combines a lot of the things that people love about certain types of games, like Slay the Spire. It's got all the good good but I just don't hear anyone talking about it. I will say, like, it's got an indie ass indie vibe to it, right, like it's it's not I wouldn't say it's not polished, but I would say like it it doesn't have all the fanfare of a really beautiful cutscene intro or anything like that.
Speaker 2: You're like walking in the woods and you come across a mirror and it's like and now you're in the game.
Speaker 4: But the game mechanic is very interesting and addictive. It also has a random elements to it. So when you're not literally in the gameplay screen where you're fighting an enemy, you get to choose the path your character walks and you can do random element sequences where it'll be like you're in the woods and you come across a thorny bush. Do you put your hand inside of it? And maybe you get like a cool ie? Yeah, you know you did, and maybe you get a cool item. But also maybe your character takes ten damage, and so you have to be very thoughtful of like when you take the risks. When you don't, there's more difficult boss battles that will give you better rewards, but if you take too much damage, it's gonna like really fuck up your character. And then in each path there's a boss at the end of the path, and the boss does like hella damage or has like a crazy amount of health. Some of them they do this really interesting thing where they fuck with your deck, so they'll give you cards that are worthless, So now your deck has these cards that are completely unusable and that's a huge pain in your butt.
Speaker 2: Or they do something really interesting in.
Speaker 4: The bejeweled area, they will put a bomb and if you can't sink enough stuff to get rid of the bomb. It does like twenty or thirty damage to your character, so very dramatic. It took me a couple tries. When I did beat this game, I felt like a genius. I felt like a million dollars. It gave me the bilatro vibes of like I can't believe I beat that game. I came within a hair of my life like six times to beat this game, and so it gave me like that real, real good experience of like I barely made it, but I did it.
Speaker 2: I beat Demon's Mirror and and so I think it's really great.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 2: I'm shocked that I.
Speaker 4: Haven't heard more people talk about this, considering, like all the benefits of other other games that people love.
Speaker 2: They're in here.
Speaker 3: I mean, just yeah, looking at a screen chest and hearing you describe this, it seems to be using influences of that I really like a lot, Like I'm curious that also seems like another great team that game.
Speaker 1: Monster Train is one of my favorite, like Rogue Lights, and this sounds like it. I mean, Monster Train already was a riff on Slay the Spire, but this sounds like a riff on both of them, so I'll try it so out and match three is always just Mary.
Speaker 3: I you came up on the BombCast this week because uh who Grub was talking about Tiny Glade. Have you heard of this?
Speaker 2: No, tell me about Tiny Glade?
Speaker 3: Just you know, I love I have not played it, but the way Grub was describing it, I said on the pomcast, like this sounds like something that Mary is going to be bringing up on the fire Escape cast. It is like a cozy kind of building thing where like building you know, castles and witches, cottages and stuff like that, but like very very kind of cozy, not super serious. You know, it's not a sim city. It's not a city skylines or anything indie cozy city builder type thing. Everything Grub was saying sounded like it would be up your ally, so.
Speaker 4: So adorable. I love stuff like this. I like get really excited about like builders where you just get to like make the perfect town. Do you get does it gamify it in any way? And I know, like you didn't play it, but I'm.
Speaker 3: Curious and I immediately forgot everything Grub said. I just remember thinking like, oh, this sounds like a married game.
Speaker 4: Well if we're gonna go down this path because I haven't played this game either, but I'm really excited about it. I learned about a game recently called Tales of the Shire, a Lord of the Rings game, and literally, in this game, Dan, you you like grow food in your garden, you cook it and turn it into food, and then other Hobbits come to your home for dinner and then they judge you based on how good the dish is, based on like a variety of different things like consistency and how high quality.
Speaker 2: The ingredients were from your home. And I was like, that is so infinitely my shit.
Speaker 4: I could not believe the idea of like building making a fucking soup and having everybody in town judge me on how good the consistency of my gaspacho is. If it gives me a high rating with the other Hobbits of hobbitin, then yes, I am in the Hobbiton.
Speaker 1: That's yes. The name of the town in the Shires Hobbiting.
Speaker 3: That's so stupid.
Speaker 1: Have you seen Lord of the Rings.
Speaker 3: I saw all three of those movies in the theaters the weekend that came out. I don't remember a lot of them. I did not remember it was hobbiton. That is, that's like if we if I lived in Peoplesburg.
Speaker 2: No, it'd be like if you lived in dan Town. I've lived in dan.
Speaker 1: Burray, Yeah, you lived in Danbury.
Speaker 2: It's not that one that's so crazy, then, is it?
Speaker 3: That was funny? Yeah, Minneapolis doesn't have any part of my name in it.
Speaker 2: And you're like, it's just a bunch of other Dan's walking around.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, they check your passport when you move in there. You just got to be Dan.
Speaker 2: Dan. Hello Dan, Good morning Dan, Doctor Dan?
Speaker 1: You Dan? All right? You want to do some emails?
Speaker 3: Sure? All right?
Speaker 1: As usual, you can write into fire skip cast at gmail dot com. That is, firescap Cast at gmail dot com for questions, comments, concerns. Might get your questions read. On these episodes. I've got a few. I'm going to read this first one from Sage and Brandon because I want to give a shout. Sagean Brandon actually invited us three to their wedding, but it's on October thirteenth, so I don't know Sagean Brandon when our saved the date? Where was our invite a few months ago? It feels like a last minute thing. I'm trying not to be insulted. I'm completely kidding ill me in Jersey. Yeah, that's so sage. But thank you Brandon. And also they will have the same anniversary as my wife and me thirteen. It's a good Uh, it's a good anniversary.
Speaker 4: Also, Stage and Brandon, congratulations on your upcoming wedding. Yes, it is a very stressful time and I know it will be a very good time.
Speaker 3: Talk about handles.
Speaker 2: Enjoy it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Stage, it's fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you guys mild or hot sauce wedding people?
Speaker 3: Yeah, you gotta answer a couple of questions, but you know it's worth.
Speaker 1: But yeah, thank you Stage and Brandon. But they did have a question as well, and I figured out.
Speaker 4: Lucky Bog doesn't get the praise they deserve for accepting Taco Bell wedding.
Speaker 3: Hey, she wanted, she was ready to do a courthouse wedding. So that's why with competent And when that popped up, I was like, I can bring this up the bog. She dad knows She's like, I don't want to do the big, weird dream wedding thing. I knew she'd be gained for it.
Speaker 4: That's so cool, you guys are like made in Taco Bell Heaven together.
Speaker 2: I think that's very sweet. Anyway, onto the.
Speaker 1: Email, Yeah, Stasian Brandon said, High Fire Escape Crew. Is there any advice you guys would give on a happy and healthy marriage? Once again, thank you all so much for almost four years of entertainment with love Sasan Brandon. You two have been married longer than I have. I'm coming up on a year actually on October thirteenth. We're just talking about. So I'm coming up on a year been with Amanda for it will have been like four and a half fish years. But I'll talk last, Okay, Okay, here I go.
Speaker 3: I'm on almost seven and a half years of marriage, almost ten years of being with bank. It's it gets easier as you get to know someone and so like it was never hard, you know, Bonka and I always got along so well. But like as you just kind of know someone their routines and how they operate and things like that, you can just recognize things, you know, and when to give space and when to you know, hang out, when to do that. Like you just once you get to know someone over years and years and years, just just notice the way they're like, Okay, this is maybe the time to hang back, let them have their time, and two different people. You know, there was a marriage, but like I think I thought early on that it was like, oh, you know, I'm married. You know it's got to be you know, every night, I got to be planning this stuff and doing this thing and doing all these things together and doing all this and like, no, it's still two different people that with two different lives that are like doing their own thing, and it's and everyone's different. You know, maybe one couple will want to be together doing stuff every single night. Maybe one couple you know, like they okay, we like bonk and I a lot of times, like I'm playing a game down here, she's playing a game up there. You know, she's working, she's doing Japanese lessons, I'm doing my thing. I'm streaming and like just wrecking eyes. Like when to give space, uh, and when to you know, give the time to you know, do stuff as a couple. But it's stuff that comes naturally, like so it's not even like advice. It's just stuff that like you will just pick this stuff up over time, and I just think it gets easier. I Mean the cliche is communication and that has always been a huge thing with me and Bank where it's like a third. I probably over communicate. I probably like if I'm feeling something or want to talk about something, I'll bring it up like right away. And yeah, I just.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying I am upset, upset.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty much never upset.
Speaker 1: I really did not mean it as a barb. I just you do over communicating is not always bad, but.
Speaker 2: You do you're to say how do you feel? Which is a good thing.
Speaker 3: I think I do that so much that like that whole like wearing your opinions and thoughts on your sleeve, Like I think I don't even think about it anymore.
Speaker 1: It's help. Just like I all I'm saying is I'm not surprised that you you are there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, making and I would stand by that. Like I just feel like full disclosure and full honesty and full like just being yourself one hundred percent of the way in every situation is it's never done me wrong, you know, whether it's in a marriage or a job or interpersonal friendship stuff or whatever. So just yeah, it's two different people. Both of you feel totally free to be yourselves all the time and communicate whenever if anything does come up, bring it up, talk about it, like, don't don't let anything fester. It doesn't help anyone.
Speaker 2: That's good advice.
Speaker 4: I don't usually talk about my personal life very often, but I've the reason that Dan and Mike went to Portland was because I had my tenure wedding anniversary. I've been married for ten years, which is crazy, and I've known them for fourteen years, which is even crazier. I keep it really private because it is a different part of me that is very important, and I kind of like that it's mine and it's not for other people, and I don't really discuss it.
Speaker 2: It's just something that I have.
Speaker 4: And I think the secret for me is I feel very similarly to Dan, which is we are two very different people.
Speaker 2: And it is so important.
Speaker 4: It doesn't matter how similar you are, it doesn't matter what you have in common. It's about acknowledging that you're two separate people with two different dreams and ambitions and vibes, and you have totally different reactions to things, but you're both really valid and important, and so when you've decided to spend your life with another person, it's kind of really aligning that you will need to think about and empathize with them on a greater level than you have with any other person you've ever met before.
Speaker 2: And so when they're upset, you need to really think about it and be like, wow, why are you upset?
Speaker 4: If they are scared or confused, or if they're having a problem, you really think about it and be like, wow, how can I help this person? How can I be there for them? And when you do that, they get to do it back to you and it fills your cup. Is like one of the most magical things in the world. When I am upset because something happened with me at work and my partner is like, I get it, and I'm there and I'm with you, and I'm going to make your favorite meal or I'm going to like help you out through that tough time in your life. Is awesome to be able to support another person through tough times in their life and then be the person who gets taken care of in a tough time in your life. It's like one of the greatest gifts on earth. And so the opportunities arise when you are not expecting it. It's maybe during a tough time or a scary time or a stressful time, and that's your time to shine. So if you notice it and you recognize it and you're like, oh my gosh, this is it. That's your time to shine, that's your time to be there for your partner, and then that person will do that back for you and it is like just the awesome exchange of goodwill and mental health and support and it's so much. It's so much better with another but it's so much it's so much better with another person who's like, I know you need this, so I'm going to give it to you. Like what a cool, cool system. So be there during those moments. They will They will happen when you least expect. It is not something you can plan for. You just gotta you gotta, you got to show up when the time calls it.
Speaker 3: It is so cool to just have your person that you know that can thin you know, good times and bad and everything that Like again, as time goes on, it only gets better and you know, just the amount of experiences and memories and hey remember that time or this thing, I remember this, and it's just like it's that you share all of these moments with you know, you know, if some big thing happens in your life whatever to always.
Speaker 2: Have that celebrations too.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's uh, it really is like the best thing in the world.
Speaker 4: It's cool to share, and I think it's great that you're going to get that opportunity to do that for so long and so like stage in Brandon, like this is going to be the start of a really epic journey, like an ultimate path where you get to be there for each other through thick and thin, and showing up for each other is one of the coolest things in the world. And that's like what you'll remember thirty years from now when you look back on this and you're like, can you believe we've been doing this for thirty years. It's the times when you were like, we're there for each other during like the cool times and the tough times. That's that's what it's all about.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's fun too when it's like it's been long enough to where it's like, you know, Bonk and I will bring up something like from twenty fifteen in nine nuts, Yeah, we lived in San Francisco, and it's like, hey, remember when we did this. It's like, wow, it just feels like a lifetime ago and just kind of that realization, like, man, we have really just been through so much together and it's built numerous different lives and you know, moving around and job situations and stuff like that. It's just it only gets more rewarding as time goes on.
Speaker 2: That's so cool. I think it's like really sweet to hear you talk about it like that too.
Speaker 3: It's I lucked the fuck out with her.
Speaker 2: Yes, she did exactly.
Speaker 3: Who I should be with.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's incredible.
Speaker 1: In the year, I think early on and I'm still early on our marriage, but in the first few months, I think the thing that I had to work around was anytime I fucked up, like minor fuck ups, like oh I kind of started this minor argument this, or that I think I put more pressure on myself because we were married now, and I was like, oh.
Speaker 3: There's no ripcord there. I mean there is, but like, no, no, not that there's no.
Speaker 1: It's more that I was like, I think I was putting more pressure on myself to be perfect, and I was like, oh, I'm a husband now, I can't start dumb arguments about.
Speaker 2: Our marriage is broken, about scallop.
Speaker 1: Should have been flipped earlier, or something.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, that's why my dad and my mom got divorced.
Speaker 1: I know, yeah, because he's yeah, yeah, I'm sitting Yeah, I think. I know it's cliche for people here, cliche. It's like, don't go to bed angry. And I'm like, I think that actually holds weight.
Speaker 3: And I don't think we've ever done it once.
Speaker 1: A yeah, both of you know me and Amanda pretty well. I think we would both qualify as pretty big personalities sometimes, so like it's not like we don't clash every once in a while, but I think the thing that we have discovered this first year, or I mean even going back before we were married, in the four years we've known each other, it's like, even when you're like having disagreements, I think it helps a lot to throw little things in there to remind the other person that's like, hey, I realize we're still on the same team. This is just this is an argument, like you're wrong and I'm right, but like at the end of the day, like I'm we're a team. I think it helps to like even at your when you really think, like when you're being stubborn or whatever, it's like, I think you should throw some breadcrumbs to remind then it's like, hey, I am thinking about you, I am thinking about us just arguing right now, but also like at the of the day we're on the same team. I'm still gonna say I love you before we go to bed and whatever. So like it's just it's more like letting things go. And both Aman and I are very very forgiving people, and we really don't argue often, despite like me saying all this, like but we are just can.
Speaker 4: Say this because people hide away from that type of thing, But that is an honest relationship.
Speaker 1: It I to be clear, I was one of those people before I met Amanda. I was like the people who say their best friend is their spouse or such or their partner. It's like that's such horseshit, shut up, but that's bullshit. And now that I'm there, I'm like, oh god, I really I get it, Like she really is. We do literally everything together. But even like Dan mentioned, when we're doing our own things. When I'm back here playing video games, she's stitching out front. Like I'll go out and like hang out and it's like, oh yeah, it's it's great, but I guess it's just like there's you're spending every waking not every waking moment, but you're spending a shit ton of time with someone. You're two humans. You are going to disagree, it's going to it's going to cause like some friction every once in a while, you're gonna disagree, or like you're gonna need space like Dan mentioned, or you know you're gonna have one person's gonna have hard times. Like you said, Mary, I'm always very bad at asking for help. I'm very good at like giving it to a man, and she's very good at giving to me. I'm very bad at asking. I've I've learned to get better at asking for it because she's always like, you need to do that. But again, I think it's like, just as often as you can remember that it's not gonna be perfect. There is no perfect, but there is I think in the imperfection there's a lot of space to remind the other person's like I might be annoyed right now, might be pissed, but like, I'm still here for you. And if you if you literally said, like this this argument sucks, I really need to like Okay, cool, that's fine, we'll let it go.
Speaker 3: I think a really important trait to have or ability to have is you know, disagreements are going to happen with any relationship or marriage, and and to have the know to be able to come back afterwards, maybe if it's an hour, a day or a week after a disagreement or something, upon thinking about things and sleeping on things, to say like, hey, I've been thinking about this thing, I was in the wrong with this, or I overreacted to this thing, or you know, I'm sorry I didn't see this, or you know, like just to be able to like analyze yourself as well and also just be like, you know, just like you were right, Like you know, it might not be every disagreement or anything like that, but like to be willing to look at the way you've acted and be like I was wrong with that like that. I think that's an important ability to have.
Speaker 4: Yeah, humbling yourself is so necessary in a relationship.
Speaker 2: You have to be able to really.
Speaker 4: Like dive deep into yourself and acknowledge when you've been wrong and things like that. And to that point, I'd also love to take this opportunity to reduce the stigma associated with counseling or going to a therapist and say that couple's therapy is so awesome. It is so normal and cool and worth doing. And it is not a thing for like couples in trouble or like something that's bad. Do it now, Do it now, and like start talking to each other with a person there. That'll be like tell me more about why you love this other person. It will give you literally sixty minutes excuse to talk to each other and look at each other and like answer questions about each other. It's awesome, it's super worth doing. And I think like there's still an associated stigma, not just with couples therapy, but with therapy in general, which is like what are you fixing?
Speaker 1: And it's like nothing, like you've already lost if you're going to therapy totally.
Speaker 3: No is like going to get a physical just to check in, you know.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, it's it's like the best money I ever spent because it gave me a good reason to talk about the relation and about what was going on, and it gave me like an excuse, like a good reason to be like, oh yeah, I'm supposed to use this time to just talk to you. It's awesome, so worth it, So like I don't know who needs to hear this, but like the therapy is rad it's super worth every dime that you spend. Sometimes you need to find like the right person. There's like a good caveat to that not every therapist is for everyone, so you got to find your person. But I feel very strongly to reduce the stigma that therapy is great and worth doing and it's not to fix you.
Speaker 1: It is.
Speaker 2: It is a maintenance or just like a four year well being, So like check it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I imagine it's I know for a fact, it's like deep conversations, even between two people who are like love each other and who are best friends, don't just come up naturally all that often. So like to go to a space where that's what you're there for seems like a good like freeing kind of thing. It's also getting away from the day to day his job, her job, their job, like here, hobbies or whatever. Getting away from that seems like it be a good like space to get to.
Speaker 3: My therapist will frequently tell me stories about when he was just a wild man in New Jersey and going to his friend's bar and there's snorting lines of coke off a literal rocket launcher that his friend bought from the Russians because he thought cops were coming to shut down his bar, and so they did a bunch of blow a rocket launcher. Is this bar I've never were? My therapist is a trip? Where is this bar?
Speaker 1: Where can I do lines off the rocket launcher?
Speaker 3: As this guy is d oh, My therapist is really he's like, is seventy eight and he just tells me stories that I'm like, oh my god, you have lived a lift.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I'm gonna we'll talk more about this after because I got to find there's.
Speaker 2: A lot of uncovered. Therapist was snorting a bunch of cocaine off.
Speaker 3: He said he you used to just go drink like non stop, just like a million, you know, shots and coke and all this stuff. And now he's like, no, no, now, I just every night I take two shots tequila and I just kind of noodle on the guitar for like two hours every night like this guy.
Speaker 4: Anyway, tell me more about your psychosomatic problems.
Speaker 2: What dreams have you been having lately?
Speaker 1: Anyway? You dan, Yeah, it sounds cool.
Speaker 3: I mean that my.
Speaker 2: Therapist never shuts up about their pneumatic spud gun.
Speaker 3: But other than that, they're really cool doing Jeff fox Worthy jokes about you might be a sputter?
Speaker 1: Uh Mary, do you want to read this one? From Max? We had this on the docket last episode, but I saved it for.
Speaker 2: Okay, I appreciate it.
Speaker 4: Uh Hey, crew, longtime, fire Escape, Giant Bomb, Kanini, Not So Silent Hills, and replay Fan y'all have given me countless laughs over the years. I've got friends and family in Portland. I'm planning on moving there from Texas soon in case Nixon wins in November, and I was wondering if Mary had any advice since she's been there a while. I love you guys, sincerely, Max from Austin originally Pittsburgh.
Speaker 3: We got to read the PS.
Speaker 1: Yeah please do it.
Speaker 2: PS.
Speaker 4: When I saw mcgroober in theater, someone brought their grade school aged son and almost left during the scene in which he offers to suck off Piper in exchange for joining his team. Then they left for real when he porks his dead wife cheers porks.
Speaker 3: His dead wife's ghost.
Speaker 1: Le let's let's not be crass there.
Speaker 3: Night Communication was communicating with Vicky.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's really a good community.
Speaker 1: That's like a Kenny. I think we might need to be ready to leave, and then he's just going to.
Speaker 3: Annie, I will fuck you. I will let you fuck me. Point something in the room and I'll fuck it. For you to just tell me what do you want me to fuck?
Speaker 1: Do you have flight out?
Speaker 3: We got copy Toner. I don't have any lupe, but I got wide out and Copytoner. That's the funniest thing in the world to me, that his knee jerk reaction to any conflict is like offering just suck dicks. God damn, I didn't watch that movie again.
Speaker 1: I can actually say this because the episode is not publishing till Monday. We're we're leaving for to go to Hawaii next week, so this weekend we're taking it easy and we got a few movies planned that we're gonna watch. Oh and I think I'm gonna cue up macgroober and play it and I I just can't. I gotta play it before she sits down so she doesn't see the title, like and pause and whatnot.
Speaker 3: You want to make a plan for it, want to be like I I do think mcgoeber is one of those litmus test movies where if somebody just watched mcgroober and did not understand how fucking funny it is. I think it's like I just can't. There's a certain level I can't relate to when if you don't think it's funny, she'll like it.
Speaker 1: I just quote it so often and talk about it so often, I think it's become this like like thing task ahead of her.
Speaker 4: Sure, yeah, it's like so it's got so much prestige now that it might even like have this cloud over again.
Speaker 2: You don't want to sell it that hard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that can be tough. I remember, like when I went to college, everyone I was constantly I mean, I like God Bother, but macgoover's better than God Bother. In college, everyone's non stop quoting fucking super Troopers, then always super Troopers, and then Napoleon Dynamite was another example. And I saw both of them and I didn't like hate either of them, but it was just like, okay, fine, But I felt like I'd heard every joke a million times already, Like I get that, I understand that, well, yeah, but still it's mcgroober we're talking about.
Speaker 4: It's mcgroober so Portland, uh so Max from Austin originally from Pittsburgh, you're asking advice for someone moving to Portland from out of state. That is what I did originally from the Ohio space coming to Portland. Portland's changed a lot. I have a lot of family who are third gen so I have people who have been Oregonians for a long time, and they can be a bit apprehensive. Not everybody, but some can be at the idea of outsiders coming in and like altering the city's structure.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about that. Cities change. You're allowed to move here. Enjoy yourself.
Speaker 4: What I will say is, like the Portland culture that makes it so special and enjoyable, you don't want to alter. So do your best to participate in what makes Portland weird. Get involved in the scenes that are of interest to you, and participate in the weirdness that is Poorland, whether that be naked bike rides which are delightful and really strange and enjoyable, or get involved in one of the strange hobbyist activities like the rave scene at Mount Tabor on Wednesdays, or joining just a strange club, which there are plenty of. Get into the thrash metal scene, you name it, but please get involved in the culture of Portland and don't just like observe from afar and be like, I don't know why everybody said it's so weird. It's weird because you have to get involved in the strangeness of this place. There's lots of different places that you could live. I don't recommend downtown. I recommend an area outside of downtown, like southeast or northeast, or just a different area that gives you access to lots of bars and life and food that is in walking distance. Portland has an excellent bike score, so move to an area where you can bike or walk to bars or nightlife and go out and enjoy yourself in this weird, eclectic town and participate in the weirdness that is the space. I think that's what makes it special. That's why I love it so much, is because I can't stop going to places and meeting people and being like, oh, that's strange. I'm definitely going to go see that slam poetry or that drag brunch. You have to be involved if you want to enjoy it and try lots of different foods and bars and.
Speaker 2: Enjoy the people. I'm stoked to have you.
Speaker 3: Portland's rad Pine State biscuits.
Speaker 2: That's the best advice.
Speaker 4: And it's so cute because you guys asked me for a recommendation for brunch and I said, do you like biscuits and Bunk was like, ah, yes, and I said Pine State Biscuits.
Speaker 2: Go to Pine State Biscuits.
Speaker 3: I'm not a breakfast person at all. I don't like breakfast food for the most part, or I don't care for weren't necessarily that was one of the best, like the biscuits and gravy there, or the best in the hash browns, the coffee. If we go back to Portland, we are absolutely going back there. That was the best. Shit.
Speaker 4: It's such a wonderful feeling when I give someone a recommendation that like, that was a bomb recommendation. Ben Hansen was recently here from mid Max. They went to Panic. I'll never forget. This is so embarrassing. They texted me and said, Hey, I'm coming to Portland so that I can go to Panic. So we should meet up at some point. And I read picnic. It's the one that does the yellow device with the little handle, the crank.
Speaker 3: Oh the plate, Oh yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: Also publisher like they do other stuff.
Speaker 4: But like I think that's what they're known for, and I read Picnic and so when the night we were supposed to meet came up, I texted them and said, how was the park? And I think he wrote back was like what And I was like, Oh, I thought you were coming to Picnic, but it sounds like you were coming to go to Panic. Don't tell anyone that I said this to you, and I believe he did tell everyone. So thanks for nothing better. We went to dinner and they asked for a recommendation of where to go to dinner, and I said, We're going to Reel them In, which is a dive ass dive bar that makes fried chicken and I think the best fried chicken in Portland. And we went there and we had so much fun, and it was really awesome to have Ben Hansen basically say to me, like, what a good recommendation. This is delicious. I'm loving this food and this chicken. And I was like, yes, right again, I did it again.
Speaker 3: You are like top tier recommender. Like if you really put yourself behind something, I trust that implicitly completely. You've never steered me wrong. How much did you know Hanson before? I'm trying to picture you two in the same place.
Speaker 4: And I know, I mean I've only really interacted with Hanson most of the time through you, right, like from visiting you and from your time and his time and game informers. So I've interacted with Ben several times and we have a very cordial and like, you know, enjoyable relationship. But it was the first time Ben was like, I'm coming to Portland. We got to get dinner. What a sweet dude, by the way for doing that and reaching out and being like we're going out to dinner, like can't wait to see you. Ask me for recommendations for his meetup with min Max followers, which I recommended Gigantic Brewery. It's a lovely, uh Portland based brewery.
Speaker 2: They do great work.
Speaker 4: But just like such a delightful person to be around, and they were gonna vlog Real them in but before they did, Ben texted me was like.
Speaker 2: Will it be like neutral or positive or negative that I've log Real them in?
Speaker 4: And I was like, not a problem at all, but just like a very kind person to double check with me that it wouldn't bother me that they did that.
Speaker 2: I just think he's a good person.
Speaker 3: He is an incredible person and also like the best in the business at what he does. He is I know I've said it for many, many years, but Ben Hansen is just the best the industry has to offer.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I think Ben is a good person, and their.
Speaker 4: Group that they've created with min max is such a good reflection of that, because all the people I met at the min max meetup also lovely people, really interested in games, and there were like other people from that space that I just I don't know. I just think like a really good group of gamers that enjoyed talking about their hobbies that I enjoyed.
Speaker 3: Were you with aid picture with Kelsey? She there?
Speaker 4: Kelsey was there as well, whom I did not know from Pink Grin. Yeah, and was there for Retro Game Fest, which.
Speaker 3: Is uh, that's right, because when I went to that Hawthorne Game Exchange when I was visiting you, they were are you in town for the Retro Gamefest? And I think I just missed it by like a week or two. But yeah, Pink pink Rill is awesome.
Speaker 4: I hadn't met Kelsey before, but I cannot tell you how inspiring it is in games to meet someone who has been running owning and like doing great at running a basically like a retro game store for eight years. Kelsey isn't just cool, She's like an inspiration to other women in the games industry for basically like killing it at a very difficult industry in their space, and and pioneering and paving the path for like other people, not just women, but like basically anyone to be able to do this for a living.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think Kelsey is super rad. I was actually intimidated.
Speaker 4: It doesn't happen very often, but like when I met Kelsey, I was like, oh shit, Like this isn't just like anybody. This is like a very cool person in this space and very down to earth. Kelsey also, for the record, said this is the best fried chicken I've ever had in my life.
Speaker 2: And she said it and it'll be on the blog, so I'm not making that up.
Speaker 3: Next time I have to go.
Speaker 4: There, she said it was the best fried chicken she ever had in her life, and I was like, you're goddamn right, it is. And the funny thing about Real Amen is like there's only.
Speaker 2: It is a divy bar. It is small.
Speaker 4: It has one person that works here, and there is one bucket in which they fry the chicken in and if you do not make it in that bucket, it is forty minutes until the next bucket. And if you don't make it into that bucket, then it's forty minutes until the next bucket. So you will wait an hour and a half for your fucking fried chicken and it will be so delicious and absolutely worth every minute that you waited.
Speaker 2: And Kelsey.
Speaker 4: I said that to Kelsey, and when we got it, she was like, it's really worth every minute that I waited for.
Speaker 2: It's like, yeah, I fucking told you.
Speaker 4: It was really awesome that she had their reaction, I hope that she had, But Kelsey was really rad. The Pink Gorilla Crew is really great. And yeah, Ben Henson holds a tight group of brad people with.
Speaker 3: Him, so he's a good He's a very good judge of character and I for talent, and yeah, just facilitator of great conversation and check out men Max. He's doing special stuff over there for sure, especially like Postgame Informer, like the shutdown and all that stuff. Like Tony is like the archivist and Game Informer is such an important part of my entire life that it makes me feel good to see someone like Hanson that is like doing it right, like doing really interesting content about the legacy and how important Game Informer was. We did kind of a wake for a Game Informer about a month or two ago, month and a half ago or something at a brewery, and it was just like a bunch of people before my people after my time, people like everyone that I worked with for the most part like and it was just such a positive, cool thing to like, man, game Informer was very very important to the industry and to my life. And I just I love what Hanson is doing in the wake of what happened to it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's a good person and he he speaks really highly of a lot of people that he worked with a Game Informer, and we have something in common, which is like we both love and despise you.
Speaker 2: And I think that's really lovely.
Speaker 3: And I think that's the most time you could ask Kayla, my sister, she would probably say the same thing.
Speaker 4: So that's kind Sometimes check out the min max blog, but I'm sure it comes up, which is just like we love and also hate that.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Do I subscribe to his patreon to watch that?
Speaker 1: Or do I?
Speaker 2: I hope so I want. I want to turn you upside down and shake your boarders out of your pocket.
Speaker 3: I don't want to give Ben money. I see you the time.
Speaker 2: You owe him so much.
Speaker 3: Give you do I ow Hanson anything because you are who you are.
Speaker 2: Dan, give him your money.
Speaker 3: I don't want to do that. I'll buy him a beer.
Speaker 1: Oh that is so you.
Speaker 2: Next time I hang out with Ben, we're going to talk about this.
Speaker 1: Ben's okay.
Speaker 3: I'll see my Monday.
Speaker 1: All right. Thank you, Max from Austin, originally from Pittsburgh. Dan, you want to read this last one from Warren from Pennsylvania. Yeah, Aaron Warren, Pennsylvania.
Speaker 3: We've got High Fire Escape Crew. I love the podcast. I've been listening from the starting and bring so much joy to me. As I am driving around on episode ninety, I was shocked to hear guests Jeff g mentioned the Holiday Valley Ski Resort, as it is only forty five minutes from my house and where my high school ski club went every Sunday in the winter. I was more shocked to hear that Jeff was an avid snowboarder. What do you all think is your most shocking skill or hobby that people wouldn't guess from your podcast personas that's Aaron from Warren, Pennsylvania. Yeah, I feel like I'm in ninety podcasts a week, so I feel like there's not a lot that would like. So there are certain things that I maybe just don't bring up a lot because there's not a lot to like update on. Like I meditate a lot, I run a lot. I you know, like there's not I think.
Speaker 4: Author is something a lot of people would not associate with you. I think people would not naturally assume that you have written multiple books.
Speaker 3: I guess it's been a while since it's been almost ten years since I wrote one. But yeah, and I guess two of them.
Speaker 2: Were the first author. I think that's shocking.
Speaker 3: Self published anyone can do that.
Speaker 2: You were on the Dan Times bestseller list.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I would the Anxiety book. I am constantly surprised by how many people come up to me and talk about how that like got them to start meditating or doing yoga or you know, like getting their anxiety and check because like, you know, I've wrote those Air Force Gater books and they were the joke, dumb them. The whole point was, wouldn't it be dumb if I wrote a whole book about an alligator in the air Force that so it was a bit, it was a joke, but the Anxiety one, it's like, holy shit, like that wound up being like one of the biggest things I've ever put out there that it actually helped people. And I hear every fucking time I go to a packs or anything, like the amount of messages and people come out to me to talk about that. It's like, man, I'm that and I always tell them, I always say the same thing I always say, like that is my favorite feedback to here is that, you know, because it's fun to like go on and make a bunch of jokes about video games and you know, farts or whatever. But to hear that I got someone to do something that put them in a better space mentally or made them understand or acknowledge or go after treatment for their anxiety, like that is, uh, that is my favorite thing to hear, and I've heard it a lot. So yeah, I guess that Anxiety Book was a very big part of my life. And I don't even call it career. It was a project I did. But yeah, I'm very very proud of that.
Speaker 1: Mike, Well, it's tough because we Yeah, we talk about most of it here. I guess it's less like the one podcast people wouldn't associate me with, and it's more what do I talk about the least on here? Uh, you guys spend our apartment. I spend a fair amount of time every week, like gardening. It's indoor, but like it comes from growing up gardening and growing up with two grandpas who were farmers. So like, I don't talk about my I don't know. I don't find the need to talk about my like plants and shit.
Speaker 3: But I keep on Instagram, and it's the wine and cats. I don't see a lot of gardening gardening tips.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think at this point people who listen to Fireescape associate me with wine. But I don't think did I freeze? All Right, Well, I'm gonna keep going because I.
Speaker 3: Reason we just tend to do that.
Speaker 1: No, I'd say it's I say it's plants or something.
Speaker 3: He's back, He's back.
Speaker 1: Maybe I'm going to keep talking anytime this happens, because the recording is not going to be freezing.
Speaker 3: It catches up, It catches up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but yeah, I don't think anybody here knows I'm I like wine a lot. I think that's news.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, you don't know about.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 4: Yeah, such an enigma, Mike, I know, yeah, I don't know. Do you play that guitar that's clearly in your background.
Speaker 1: No, I'm terrible at it on a mandolin, it's not a guitar, just like a Venetian cover of Smoke on the Water.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, I try it every once in a while, but I don't really play that that much.
Speaker 3: I think, like if you, if we people doing what we do when we're on podcasts a bunch, you have to make a concerted effort to just say, okay, this is a thing I'm sectioning off and I'm not talking about And like I do feel like I've kind of put it all out there for a long time, Like I don't. I can't think of something where it's like, oh wait, people hear that I'm really into, you know, going to meteorology school. I don't know.
Speaker 1: Like this goes through my like social media feeds as well. I do not I do not post about exercise ever, but I spend a decent amount of time doing it.
Speaker 3: I've thought about that with you, because like you do, I know you work out a lot I've heard you you'll you'll message me about.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, work out too.
Speaker 4: You're actually very active and Mike always looks cut and I recently lost ten pounds.
Speaker 2: So that's something we all want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's not something we we post about. I think it's like, I mean, I don't want to put words in your mouth, but I find it to be a meditative thing. I feel like moment I start making it social and public, it ceases to be a relaxing thing. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and that's that. It Also, I feel like it would come across as like kind of misturbatory. Is that how you said that word? Yeah, of just like look at me, like you know, the gym selv type stuff like, yeah, I'm never gonna post a sweaty thing post run just way eight miles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, I want to acknowledge. I know some people do it to keep themselves accountable to.
Speaker 2: Like, it's also totally fine yea.
Speaker 1: For me, Yes for me, I agree with you, Dan, I never want to do that because for me personally, that is a world away from things. It's like an hour hour twenty every day or or five six days a week when I can just get away from social media, get away. Well, I'm not on social media much, but like get away from video games, get away from work, from errands, from house stuff, handiwork, it's I don't it's not something I want to talk about because it's yeah, it's for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah that that That's a good example of that, because it's something that I think we all do on a regular basis, but we talk about it infrequently at best. You know, like I'm not going to update on the runs every week on the podcast or anything like that, but like it is a big part of my life and something I think about a lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm also I love to run.
Speaker 4: That is something for me and I very rarely post about it or update about it because it is like a zen thing that I get to do for me and it's not for other people. Other things that I really rarely ever talk about but I do is that I'm a serial hobbyist in the sense that I do a lot of hobbies not not to get good at it, but just because I find it to be appealing. And those things include, but are not limited to, making crap out of clay, water color, felt needling, cross stitching. I make shit out of stained glass, that's right, and I don't post about them because it's not for anything besides. I think it's good or my brain and it helps me pass the time in a nice way, and I really encourage other people to do it. You do not need to make your hobby a side hustle that you make money off of or something that you post about for social media. It can just be because you wanted to paint it, and good for you and make that little thing. And you can also just not love it because it's not super cute and that's fine. But if it helped you pass the day and it gave you something to think about besides your job, then that's a win.
Speaker 2: Baby.
Speaker 4: So I just think like sometimes we put a lot of pressure on ourselves that like we need to be really good at our hobbies. I think you can be absolutely asked at your hobbies and that's also successful as long as it stopped you from thinking about stressful things.
Speaker 3: I agree.
Speaker 1: Hell yeah, thank you Aaron from Pennsylvania. That's our show. Everybody you can read that was a good show. Yeah, Firescape cast more questions, send them in. It's good.
Speaker 2: I could rate that show.
Speaker 4: I would have rated it five stars because I think that it was really charismatic and fun, and we went a really long time and I enjoyed doing it with all of you. Five stars for Dan and five stars for Mike.
Speaker 3: I'm a ten point guy. I prefer ten point scales, and I'm also very protective of the ten. So I'll say nine point five.
Speaker 2: That's not a ten point scale. That's a twenty point scale because you did a point system within.
Speaker 3: Nine point Oh sorry, wait no, no game in form forty point scale, forty point scale, nine point five. You could do nine point two five, nine point five. Yeah, forty one Famitsu style game and Former Style nine point five.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of difference between nine two five and a nine to five.
Speaker 2: I know if I could fuse this podcast, I would give it god teer.
Speaker 3: I like to say that there's never been a ten, you know, like I never wanted to give a ten review. I always held out to that very I did wind up giving one. But I want it to matter. That matters, so it Yeah, gotta hang out with the link between worlds, Okay, I love that game.
Speaker 2: So you would not give uh the new Astrobot a ten.
Speaker 3: That's a ten. But that's the thing, that's why it matters. It's because I don't do it much at in the history of this podcast. I'm turning give a ten too. I wouldn't get pick them four or ten. I wouldn't give tears to Kingdom of ten. Hey, wouldn't give returnal Haites? Nope, Nope, no eighties. Hey, the nine point seven.
Speaker 1: Blows Astrobot out of the fucking water. Astrobot is. Astrobot is like fucking daycare, such a conversation.
Speaker 3: Haites is a nine point seventy five one of the best games of all time. Astrobot is a straight up ten.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, you can get some hot threads at fire skate merch dot com, or you can go to our patreon. We'll have links. We have links to that there. Go follow us on Instagram firescape cast if you want to be a patron and you want to get ad free episodes and or video versions, or you just want to treat it like a tip jar because you appreciate what we do. That's at firescapecast dot com. That is firescapecast dot com. Dan, what do you have going on outside of Firescape.
Speaker 3: Giant bomb dot com. Got some fun stuff ramping up As we approach the end of the year as always. I've actually been home for a little bit, so I'm doing more personal streaming on Twitch, dot tv, Slash, Dan Reichert these days, Instagram, Dan Record. That's about where I'm at.
Speaker 1: My god, Mary, what about you?
Speaker 4: Folso streaming on Twitch on Mondays, and I think that's it for other stuff that's outside of my jobby job.
Speaker 2: So you can check out my streams. I've been streaming most of the games that I talk about every Monday.
Speaker 1: Sweet that's episode ninety one coming up on a Hundy.
Speaker 3: We should have an actual plan for one hundred. That's a big mile.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess we're close enough now where we can really just pinpoint the day.
Speaker 3: Let's joked about like we should do something for fifty, we should do something for twenty five, like one hundred, we're if we're gonna do something, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Go to Portland.
Speaker 3: Go to Portland.
Speaker 4: Well, we'll have biscuits. Oh okay, Oh, get your controller back yo, man.
Speaker 1: Alright, I'm gonna we gotta watch that movie this weekend. All right, Well, everybody, thank you so much for joining for yet another episode. We will be back in two weeks. Congratulations again to Stage and Brandon. October thirteenth, A good day, get married. Can't wait till next year when we share an anniversary. We will be back on October twenty first, with episode ninety two, getting closer to that Halloween. Oh, we're doing actually, this is fun really quick. A bunch of my good friends we do friends giving every year at their place before we go see our families. However, because most of us are crazy busy in November, we're doing it last weekend of October. We're combining it with Halloween. We're doing the thing where you pull a lottery of one of the friends and you have to dresses them.
Speaker 3: Oh, oh, that's funny. I've heard of this.
Speaker 2: I've seen it on like the TikTok, and it's very funny.
Speaker 3: It's very fun.
Speaker 1: Some of my friends listening to this podcast occasionally, so I can't say who I got. And also no one who listens fucking knows anybody, so this is just useless anyway. But yeah, we'll be back.
Speaker 2: There's two trends I like.
Speaker 4: There's the dress is someone Random's spouse from the party, which is very funny because there's like a lot of cross dressing funny things that happen where they're like I have a Fendy bag because I always go I don't go anywhere without my Fendy bags. You're just like making a little cute jokes of other people and it's always lighthearted.
Speaker 2: The other one I really like, yes, And.
Speaker 4: The other one I really like is the want you guys fuck at each other and suck at each other and doing the little fishbowl party.
Speaker 2: The other one is wear the T shirt that's meant to.
Speaker 4: Embarrass somebody else at the party, and so you like buy a T shirt from Amazon that's like, yeah, I'm a furry, what about it?
Speaker 2: And you give it to somebody else and they have to go out side with it.
Speaker 3: You know what I like is I I see the younger folks on Instagram are doing these parties with the power points. I think that's clever. I think that that seems like a fun thing to do. I think the kids are all right with that. We can do that PowerPoint stuff.
Speaker 2: When do you guys peg each other? Though, I'm sorry before or after.
Speaker 3: The PowerPoint peg?
Speaker 1: The power points about pegging, so during pegg God a couple of weeks, I don't think they can just fucking awesome. Uh, let's I'm gonna call it an episode. We'll see you on October. What did I say?
Speaker 3: Twenty first out?
Speaker 2: D Don't go to Mike's Pegel parties like pegl parties.
Speaker 3: I like Mike.
Speaker 1: See you guys, Bye, don't go bye.
Speaker 3: I like peckle
Speaker 1: H h