Speaker 1: Dodger Talk is sponsored by LA Care Health Plan, providing affordable healthcare insurance to millions of Angelinos for over twenty five years. And now your voice for Dodger Talking, Flight back Tim Kaits.
Speaker 2: Tim Kates with you here on postgame Dodger Talk on AM five to seventy LA Sports Live Everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. As the Dodgers get the win against the San Francisco Giants. As they keep on rolling after the All Star Break. They've won six of seven and now they hit the road for an eight game road trip beginning tomorrow in Houston. But what a day out at Dodgers Stadium. Nick Ahmed and Showey O'tani with back to back home runs in the eighth inning give the Dodgers the lead and the win today, though Clayton Kershaw the first time he has taking the mound in twenty twenty four his long awaited day. Four innings, he allowed two runs, six hits, walked to struck out six. This is a thirty six year old future Hall of Famer who with a way The season ended last October seventh against the Arizona Diamondbacks in the NLDS, hanging his head, his arm and shoulder, not doing what he had hoped going to an offseason of where he didn't know what his future was going to entail, what his shoulder was going to entail as far as surgery, no surgery. Could he pitch again in the big leagues? Would he be a Dodger again? Would he be somewhere else? He re signs with the Dodgers, has off season shoulder surgery, the first time ever, he goes under the knife in his professional career, and here he is, seven plus months later after his surgery, goes back out on the mound, makes his major league debut here in twenty twenty four with four really good innings eight six, nine eighty seven to two five seventy. What did you think of that performance from the future Hall of famer? Is it what you thought we'd get out of Clayton Kershawn his first game back. I'll be honest with you. It was that plus more, and I'll tell you why. Yeah, the innings for seventy two pitches kind of right around where they wanted him to get in his first star back. You weren't gonna see him go deep into this game unless he had seven or eight pitch innings and the pitch count allowed him to get deep into a game, but realistically he was going to be about four maybe five innings and get around seventy to seventy five pitches, and that's exactly where he got. And the first inning he gives up a double with two outs, walks a batter, get out of it with the strikeout. Fourteen pitches. First inning. All right, he's back. He's Clayton Kershaw. The fastball sitting low nineties, curveball, slider. He was on point. Felt like he had a good command of his pitches. Goes back out in the second inning, leadoff, strikeout, line drive out, two out, single again and just like in the first inning, gets out of it, no damage done. Ten pitch second inning. The third inning is where the things well kind of got away from Clayton Kershaw. Initially, the lineup turned over the second time. Now the Giants hitters were seeing Clayton Kershaw and he was doing a good job in his pitch mix with the slider, the curveball, pitching backwards with ausby pitches to lead off the guys in their bats, doing a really good job. Clayton Kershaw gives up a leadoff single, an RBI triple, an RBI single, and then another single. The first four batters reached base and all four Giants hitters hit the ball hard off Clayton Kershaw. And I'm I'm curious how many of you Dodger fans at that point in the third inning one nothing, lead's gone, it's a two to one San Francisco advantage, runners on first and second, nobody out, and everybody's hitting the ball hard against Clayton Kershaw. How many of you thought, Oh no, I've seen this movie before. I don't like the ending. I'm not into horror films. This is not gonna end well. And this is his first start back in twenty twenty four What does this mean? I know some of you thought, Oh no, is he gonna be able to pitch in October? Oh no? What does this mean for the playoffs? I thought, we're getting Kershaw back? Where's Kershaw from twenty fourteen? I know that was going through your mind because I saw social media. But during that same inning in which the first four batters hit the ball hard against Clayton Kershaw, he comes back with runners on first and second. The lead is gone, and Clayton Kershaw buckles down. Layton Kershaw in that third inning, gets Patrick Bailey after it again, first and second, nobody out, two to one lead, facing Patrick Bailey, ball one, ball two, ball three. Oh no, I know you guys were panicking Dodger fans. I saw it on social media. I can literally hear it with the windows were open here in Burbank, the size of Dodger fan Oh no, the groans of oh not again. Three to zero count to Patrick Bailey. Runners on first and second, Nobody out. The walls are caving in for Clayton Kershaw throws a four seam fastball for a strike, a slider for a swinging strike. Patrick Bailey fouls off another slider, and then a three to two pitch slider down and in gets Patrick Bailey swing and missing strike three. To me, that was one hell of it at bat for Clayton Kershaw, facing Patrick Bailey to fall behind three and zero, battle back, attack the strike zone, not afraid to throw his slider, and there weren't sliders that they got guys lucky to chase. They were down to the zone and the guys were swinging over the top of them. He was getting swinging missus which was big for the first out. All right, still possible damage out there. You have a lard. You got a Strata up first and second, one out. He's still on the ropes. Okay, it's a heavyweight fight. He saw on the ropes. But he's protected himself a little bit. His hands are up. He's not getting the referee to step in here. Billard comes up ball one, falls behind two to one in the count, gets it two to two fouls off a slider over the middle of the plate, got away with one, and then a strike three, looking on a nasty, nasty seventy three mile an hour curveball, the old twelve to six Clayton Kershaw good night curveball for the second out of the inning. Dieter rule plays the organ dout dot d second out of the inning. You're starting to feel a little bit better. I can see the social media hits. Oh maybe maybe we're okay. Then he faces Estrata two out, lead off ball to Estrada two, two count, three to two count, and then on a three to two eighth pitch of the at bat gets a slider right the bottom of the zone and Estrada swings over it. Strike three. Amazing third inning for Clayton Kershaw. It started awful. First, four batters tattooing him, two runs scored, first and second, nobody out. He's on the ropes, taking body shots, taking hits to the head. And what does Clayton Kershaw do? Strikeout, strikeout, strikeout, thank you, good night. Goes back to the dugout damage. Not bad, two runs could have been worse. Pitch count was up after a thirty two pitch third inning, so you knew he wasn't destined to go five six, seven innings because the pitch count was already up. Goes back out there for the fourth inning, puts up a zero. Four innings, two runs, six hits, six strikeouts, two walks, seventy two pitches. Now the fastball is not gonna blow anybody away anymore. He is now a pitcher if he ever wasn't one before, which he was. He's always been masterful with this stuff. He's Clayton Kershaw. He's a Hall of Famer. It's one of the best that ever played. He's on the mount Rush of the Dodgers. He's always been a really good pitcher, but even more so now with the fastball. He's very good at where he's throwing in and out up in the zone and then getting that slider where it looks the same arm slot that all of a sudden the ball just drops and guys are swinging over the top of it. The curveball, which comes out of the same arm slot as the fastball, the slider. You think it's a slider and it's not gonna have much of a bite on it, then all of a sudden it drops two feet. It's nasty. When he has that curveball working like he did today. He did a fantastic job in his return and to me, that third inning, when you're coming back from an injury, and even he admitted it didn't know what to expect physically mentally to be on the ropes like he was in the third and to fight his way out of it in the third inning, to me, that was all the confidence he needs now moving forward. One he knows he can pitch still, and two he knows he can be a really good pitcher out there and get himself out of jams and be efficient. So to me, I know he's emotionally and mentally back, and physically he's checked off boxes, and I'm excited now to see what Clayton Kershaw can do building on this. No, he's not gonna throw seven, eight to nine inning complete games for you and throw one hundred and ten pitches. Those days aren't there anymore. But if he can give you five to six, get into the seventh inning, keep the runs down, keep the traffic off the base pass, limit the damage. It says exactly what the Dodgers need every five days. Is Clayton Kershaw building on what he did today moving forward. I'm excited about it. I really am. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven to two, five seventy. He gets a no decision, went the four innings, turned it over to the bullpen. Who was gonna have to come in and get the final eighteen outs. They were gonna have to come in and get the final five innings of work done collectively. Is that what they had hoped for? Probably not, But as it is, the Dodgers were able to retake the lead in the fifth, work that lead in the sixth, the seventh, take it back out there in the eighth until Alex Vessi had give up an RBI double, then Blake trying and give up a two out single to Solaire on an O two pitch in which the power of Solaire all jacked up. Solaire hits the ball flares out into the infield. Anybody else makes contact, by the way, that's an out to the infield. But Jorge Silaire is so muscular and jacked up, he gets a little flair and that ball just goes into no man's land there. It's like a pitching wedge. He just shoots it out there into no man's land in the outfield, and it brings him the tye and run. And there were some booze at Dodger Stadium. Yes, we heard you, Dodger fans. If you were leaving Dodger Stadium early, shame on you. If you were upset and getting out of your seat and frustrated, shame on you. It was a tie game, four to four, Dodgers had their lineup about to turn over eight nine to one. And what happened in that bottom half of the eighth inning, Well, if your nick I met it's pretty special. Would the last twenty four hours have been free agent sitting at home, probably hitting his local batting cage, local high school, maybe taking soft toss, maybe doing VR in his garage with the goggles on. I don't know what he does. I don't know what do they do anymore, just to keep themselves hot when they're not playing. But whatever he was doing, he was staying ready. The Dodgers called him because of the injury to Miguel Rojas. Gets on a flight, heads to Burbank Lands. Yesterday at Dodger Stadium on the field, our own David Vasse had complete surprise on his face when he saw nick I met at a Dodger uniform. He's starting for them last night and today he comes up at a tie game with one out in the eighth inning, and let's get weird, as Stephen Nelson says. A solo home run to left field nearly four hundred feet, his second of his season, first as a Dodger, and it's nick on Met who it's the home run to give the Dodgers eight five to four lead, and before the crowd at Dodgers damn those of you who didn't leave in an angry, tough showay Otani, the very first pitch he sees from Tyler Rodgers boom down the right field line, home run number thirty one, insurance run to give the Dodgers a six to four lead, and then the ninth that he belonged to. You guessed it, Brent Honeywell. If you had, Brent Honeywell, get in the same today for the Dodgers on your Bengo card Bingo. You win because nobody else did. Brent Honeywell pitches the ninth inning, gets a double playball, great pick by Freddie Freeman at first base. By the way, Freddie Freeman, give him the gold glove right now. I don't know anybody else in baseball who saves the rear ends of more of his fellow infielders than Freddie Freeman from Japan to the opening weekend Dodgers Stadium to today in the ninth inning, stretching like he's a goalie between the pipes at Staples Center for the Kings, making saves, making picks, putting his body on the line. Freddie Freeman, give him a gold glove right now. Start putting his name into the medal because he will win it without a doubt. With the big save today and the ninth that he defensively, Dodgers get to win six ' four over the Giants. What a day starts with Clayton Kershaw. He's back, looking forward to what he's gonna do here in the final two months and postseason. Here in twenty twenty four, Brent Honeywell and his turtleneck gets to save Dodgers get to win, take three or four from Colin Ye's Giants. Dodgers go six and one on the homestand Dodgers maintaining their seven and a half game lead in the division. And real quick, we'll get to your phone calls just a second. But that's important because when you look in your rear of your mirror and you see the San Diego Padres behind you, they're the next closest team. They're seven and a half games back. They're on fire right now. They've won five in a row. They got a no no thrown today by Dylan Cease, who they picked up from the White Sox. He throw it no hitter today against the Washington Nationals. They get the win again. They've won five straight. The only problem is if you're in San Diego, like our buddy Daniel Jeremiah in the NFL network and the Chargers broadcast, and you're texting me how excited you are about Dylan Ceases no no, Well, let's wait two more hours because the Dodgers get the win, and I'm looking right now, and you didn't gain any ground in the division. It is still sitting at seven and a half in the NL West, and the Dodgers and Padres will square off for a two game series next Tuesday and Wednesday at Dodgers stated, as you can tell, I have fired up. Dodgers get the win dramatic fashion, two runs in the eighth inning, back to back home runs. Clayton Hershaw's back. Loved what I saw from him the third inning, the fire, the fight, the grit that he had out there in the third inning. His wife's crying, Ellen and the kids are in the load section, crying seeing their dad and husband out there making his debut in twenty twenty four. It wasn't a given. That's the important part. You just thought, oh, surgery, he'll be back in a few months. Write it down July. He'll be back pitching for the Dodge folks. It wasn't a given at all that he'd be back. Had no idea what was wrong with that arm, elbow, shoulder, what was it? Thirty six year old goes into the offseason. Neil Elatrosh who David Vasse had on Dodgers on decks earlier today, performed the surgery. He admitted it with arthroscopic surgery. Okay, they put three holes in you. It's the least evasive surgery you could have, rather than cutting you open, old school style and repairing. And he said, if it was an old school cut you open surgery, he wouldn't be back right now based on this timetable, and quite frankly didn't know his future. But it with an arthroscopic surgery, it went well, least invasive kind of surgery you can have. And here he is back seven and a half months later, almost eight months from the surgery. Pretty remarkable. And to see what he did out there today in front of fifty two thousand the Dodger Stadium was impressive. Eight sixty six nine eighty seven two five. Say well, take a quick break, we'll come back and your phone calls if you're on hold outside of eazy, we'll get to you. Eight sixty six, nine eighty seven two fights. And I'm not being mean to Izzy?
Speaker 3: Is he? Is?
Speaker 2: He standing by the launching pad with Petros. Some money is set to orbit in like twenty minutes when they get on the air. So she's being put in the cockpit and locked and loaded, ready to go for the launching pad with petros of money. So everybody else, we will get you. At eight six, six ninety seven two five seventy Todgers get the win six to four over the Giants as they finish off this homestand six and one. Unbelievable. Your phone calls when we returned. Dodger Talk on HAM five seventy LA Sports Live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app. AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 1: Be anywhere at any time and you can hear past episodes of Dodger Talk those things. Search AM five to seventy on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 2: We're streaming online.
Speaker 1: We stream every game too.
Speaker 2: Come find it.
Speaker 1: Back to Dodger Talk on AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 2: Now the two two pitch. I'm in left center field, fly ball carrying back toward the.
Speaker 1: Wall and.
Speaker 2: Thank comment, did you his second home run of the year. His first is a Dodger, so get back against his old club. The Dodgers lead at five to four. Nick I'm in with a home run against his former teammates in San Francisco Giants DFAD two and a half weeks ago, sitting at home signs with the Dodgers in the last twenty four hours, and it hits the go ahead home run on the eighth inning show. He O Tani followed that up with the back to back home runs his thirty first of the year. Is the Dodgers come back and beat the Giants six to four. Daniels Jewelers, the official sponsor of the trip around the Diamond. Stop by any Daniels Jeler's location and say home run for your free team bracelet and a fifty dollars gift card towards any purchase of ninety nine dollars or more. Daniels Jewelers own the dream. Let's go out to the phones. Danny and Palmdale is first up here on Dodgers Talk. How you doing, Danny, I'm doing good, man, I could. I'm doing fantastic. Big day for the Dodgers. They get to win. Nick got Met goes deep, showy O Tani goes deep and Clayton Kershaw's back.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, then you fired me up, dude, You fired me up. Hearing you get off fired up? I was listening to that that Diurney and I'm like, oh, here we go. Get but Michin and pattick Man Chrisha's a veteran pop kind of get some these dub time, you know.
Speaker 4: And big, big acquisition.
Speaker 1: I'm in.
Speaker 3: You know, maybe he shook some replacement just for now, but hey, it's all right. The team with the team game and show hey, always what he does comes through in the clitch of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, show is show Hey. I appreciate the phone call, Danny, Glad you're fired up as well, because to me that thirty inning was big and I think that was a moment moving forward this season that Clayton Kershaw is going to look at and realize, Yeah, mentally, emotionally, physically, he is back. He can do this. He can pitch at an elite level again like he did before. Maybe not the same type of pitcher, but certainly he can go out there and get out for the Dodgers and be a really good front of the rotation guy for the Dodgers. Maybe not an ace anymore, but certainly a guy that Dodgers can throw out there in October. Certainly a lot of baseball between now and then. We want to see some more innings and starts underneath his belt, but certainly after one start today, the four innings, the way he pitched out of that jam with nobody out first and second in the thirty to get strikeout, strikeout, strikeout to end the inning was fantastic. Let's go to Andy and Lake Elson or down the nine to five or nine or nine area code.
Speaker 1: Andy.
Speaker 4: How you doing, buddy, I'm doing great, tim And you know what, it just sounds good here.
Speaker 5: You're so fired up because you know what I was thinking, Kershaw.
Speaker 4: Look, he's the leader of this team.
Speaker 5: I don't care that he's just coming back and that he's not the ace anymore. I saw everybody trying to get this win just for him. I know he doesn't qualify for the win, but you know what, I love the way he passed, and I love the way he just put himself out there, and you know what, he just has that work ethic. And I love the way everybody just comes out and plays to try to just win this game. Just just just I just loved it. But I do have one question.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I honestly, look, I was high on pie Is, but look I'm looking, I'm looking big picture, and I'm seeing playoffs, and I'm seeing, honestly, just I don't think he's gonna be able to perform in the playoffs. They're gonna.
Speaker 2: They're gonna need an Andy. I appreciate it, my man, thank you for the nice words. They are gonna need him in October because him or James Autman is gonna have to be out there in the infield. Then don't give me that. You know, it's a circus every time he's out there in center field. I'm getting those tweets. I got confidence in Andy Pajez. Still, I think James Autman gonna come back and get some starts. We'll see what he can do. And is now third stentting back with the Dodgers this season. They're gonna need these guys. You can't just ride off somebody and say on to the next. You gotta get this guy an opportunity to work out his defensive issues and hope that he's gonna turn things around offense. I mean the keep in mind, Andy pa Has is not a cleanup hitter for the Dodgers. He was batting clean up today. Andy pai Has is more like a six ' seven hitter in this Dodgers lineup. Maybe a five spot, but it's certainly not a cleanup hitter in this Dodgers line up again when they get healthy, and the first one back as far as the everyday players, looks like it's gonna be Mookie Betts because I don't think Max Munsey's gonna be back anytime soon. And that's something to keep in mind. Max Munsey may not return until September. I mean, we're about to flip the calendar here in a few days to August, folks, And when it does, we start getting less and less of the season to play before we get to October. And how much time is he going to have before October when he hasn't really played in three months? So are they gonna go out and make a move and get another third basement? Are the Cavin Biegio's, Keiky Hernandez Chris Taylor's of the world going to be starting at a third base? We'll we'll find out eight six, six, nine eighty seven, two five seventy ish and Riverside is next up on Dodge Talk. What's up? Ish?
Speaker 3: Hey?
Speaker 6: Shit?
Speaker 3: What's come on?
Speaker 6: Man? How are you going?
Speaker 3: Brother?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: I'm fired up today, Ish, Big game for the Dodgers, Big inning for Clayton Kursh. I love what I saw out of him.
Speaker 6: Oh man, I could not agree more. Man, honestly, it's just great having him back kind of piggyback on previous colors there from Lson or like having curshed off back. Yeah, he's got to be the leader.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 6: Guys are you know, uh, you know, doing their best obviously to to get that win for Kershaw. So that was really cool, cool scene. You know, his family just uh you know up in the stands, you know, really really happy for them. And it's like when the Kershaws are there, to me, they seem to kind of you know, restore some to decency in class with with with our our team.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 6: So I really enjoyed that. But I want to also give a couple of their shout outs. Man, this is this is probably not the most popular opinion in my personal opinion though, I mean, you know, you really got to give some kudos to in my personal opinion, the best catcher, uh defensive catcher on the team, you know, Austin Barnes.
Speaker 7: Man.
Speaker 6: They were working out there. I think you had mentioned before some type of ballets, some type of you know, symphony whenever they're they're there the battery and it was looking great, man. So I really it was really a treat to see that. But uh, I did have one other ad.
Speaker 8: So just I think it does kind of expose some of the you know, some of the defense lasses that we're definitely gonna have to keep working on obviously, you know, going into the playoffs here, you know, as see when we do make it.
Speaker 6: So definitely, you know, tying up a lot of the play especially like you know how Kershaw mixes it up quite a bit, you're going to get different plays on the ball. So I think that's something that we definitely need to work on. Something. Go Dodgers and go ahead and get this road chip under a dark dot, you guys, all.
Speaker 2: Right, I just appreciate the phone call. Andy Pott has took a different break on the ball early in the game that was in the center field. He went to his right and the ball coming off the bat sort of had a tail, like if you had a slice in a golf game was slicing right and he read it wrong off the bat, and that could be fixed. I mean, that's the day game at Dodger Stadium. It's the blue sky, it's hard to see out there at Dodger Stadium here, Rick Monday talk about that all the time. And I take Rick's opinion greatly because he played it for a long time and was out in that outfield at Dodger Stadium for many a game, so he would know. And he talks about how hard it is, especially when the balls hit off the bat to pick it up in a day game. So, yeah, we saw that today early on for Andy Potters. But I still think you bought him lower in the lineup he's gonna produce. I just don't think he's a cleanup hitter and ask him to be a cleanup hitter, especially this lineup, in this talent, it's just not where he's gonna be. Come October, let's go to Charles and San Diego, your next up here on Dodger Talk. How you doing, Charles, Oh good? Great?
Speaker 7: Actually, when that was an awesome game, I partially watched it when I was working, you know, I wanted to point out that, you know, I'm really inspired by the production we've been getting from the bottom half of our lineup.
Speaker 6: Guys.
Speaker 7: I Luxe is on fire. You got Austin Barnes, you mentioned Potheads, just about everybody in that about even Chris Taylor before you got hurt yesterday. I'm wondering if that's gonna affect or change our capitalist how we approach the traded deadline.
Speaker 6: I don't know.
Speaker 2: That's a great question, because you've seen Gavin Lux heat up here since the All Star Break, National League Player of the Week for the three game series over the weekend. Today, as you mentioned the bottom of the lineup, and I'll give you the numbers five through nine, they all had hits us apt for Jason Hayward who was zero for four, Gavin Lux had a pair of hits. Keithy aar Nandez was three for four, Austin Barnes was two for four, nick onmed was two for fourth. The home run five through nine in the lineup today, which we talk about a lot for their lock of production and they're not carrying their weight at the bottom of the lineup. Well, they went to combined nine for nineteen with a home run in four ribies. So yeah, they did produce today and they have been producing, and you're seeing guys rise to the occasion like keythy a Hernandez, who probably could be making a case now to play third base every day if he keeps us up offensively, having two or three hits in the game and playing really good defense as well. Over at the hot bag there, let's keep things going with Gabe in Westchester. Gabe, Welcome to Dodger Talk. After the Dodgers beat the Giants today six to four. How you doing. Oh no, he lost, Gabe, that could have been my fault. Sorry about that, Angelo La Angelo, go ahead.
Speaker 9: Yeah, great series wins against the hated Northern California San Francisco Giants.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Always nice to be colin the East San Francisco Giants.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I call Clayton Kershaw killiek.
Speaker 6: That's my firsonal nickname for him.
Speaker 9: He really looked good today the twelve six Uncle Charlie would really.
Speaker 2: Working the slider.
Speaker 9: I like how he dealt with the adversity in that third inning. A couple of times he did some fake pulses to second base. Has to throw off the timing to help gather himself back in the control.
Speaker 2: And I was very impressed with him today.
Speaker 6: I'm proud of him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he pitched well. I really saw a lot from Clayton Kershaw. Not that he has to meet anybody's expectation. I'm not saying that at all, and it's certainly not mine, but I think for him personally mentally to have question marks if can I still be effective? Can I still be a dominant left hander at the major league level? Can I still be a guy that can go out there every five days and pitch and get people out? And I think today he checked those boxes. And to me, the third inning is probably the last hurdle that he needed to get it over was of adversity. He had to be put into a situation where he had some guys on, there was traffic, he was behind the count. All that happened four straight hits, behind three to zero in the count, and comes back and gets Patrick Bailly to strike out, and then gets to another strikeout and gets a third strikeout to end the third inning. To me, that was a huge hurdle and it showed a lot about the makeup of Clayton Kershel, which we already know what he's made up, like what an intense warrior, hard worker that he is out there on the mound, and today he showed that again at the age of thirty six. Ken in Newport wrap things up here on donjitalk Ken. Usually you only check in when things don't go well for the boys in Blue, but today they win.
Speaker 3: Well, you know what, I'm excited. At the bottom of the lineup, he just said. Nine hits was great. They're over five hundred from the month of July with all the problems. But here's why I'm excited. Kurseshaw to me, was unbelievable. That curveball was phenomenal, The slider was phenomenal. To see him bat makes a complete change in that rotation because he's the smartest guy out there. And if he continues to do this, nobody's beating the Dodgers. And that's what I'm excited about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can he keep this up? Can Clayton Kershaw you think can be this kind of style of pitcher and continue to go out there and be effective moving forward? I think he can. I think this is just the beginning.
Speaker 3: I agree. You know, he's just he's smart. He knows what to do. He knows he can't throw that fastball too much. Yeah, but that curveball and that's slider that's unhittable, and that's how you win games. He's going to be the stud in this rotation.
Speaker 2: Again, all right, can appreciate it. Great to hear from you, especially after a Dodgers w So, yeah, appreciate all your phone calls. That's going to do it for a postgame Dodger talk. Many thanks to all you for listen, for being a part of the show, calling in and podcasting as well. We appreciate everybody who listens to the show afterwards. You can listen on the iHeartRadio app or wherever you procure your podcast. We certainly appreciated. Remember Dodgers back at it tomorrow when they start a three game series in Houston against the cheating Astros. Dodgers an eight game road trip Houston, San Diego, and then Oakland for the final time ever at the Memorial Coliseum to face the A's. Dodgers finish off this seven game homestand with the win over the Giants six to four, Nick on met and show Hey Otani with back to back home runs in the eighth Dodgers win at six to four. They go six and one on the homestand as they are now twenty games over five hundred and a seven and a half game leads still in the Division over the Patres. Coming up next, our buddies, Petros and Matt Bunny Smith until seven o'clock. Thanks for being with us on this Thursday afternoon. Thanks to Colin Ye, Thanks everybody us for being a part of the show. So on, let's just stand mm hmm