Speaker 1: We are as radio people were all Gerbils in a scientific study, and they've just created one of those mazes. So that is my theory. They have obstructed the main routing for the morning show radio studios RUSS and I studio to the bathroom, and it's not okay, so much construction going on right now. So yeah, I think they're studying to see what happens. I guess if somebody's got to figure alternate routing to the now. Don't get me wrong. If it was like that and we were maintaining the same footprint of space, it would be good because then salespeople couldn't walk down to the studio. Do you know what I'm saying? Ross, That would be fine, but.
Speaker 2: No, I understand.
Speaker 1: Ye, what what is with your audio?
Speaker 3: This?
Speaker 1: What's with your say something?
Speaker 2: Hello?
Speaker 1: You know you sound like you're in the Greensboro studio right now.
Speaker 2: I'm actually I'm in a I'm at home today, okay, and the weather was so bad the snow that I set up a makeshift studio in my house, so I'm actually in the U in the storage area.
Speaker 1: Does it sound okay, No, it sounds it's it sounds unique. I guess would be.
Speaker 2: So I can't really do much today. So it was the weather was so bad.
Speaker 1: You know you threatened this yesterday, you said you weren't gonna be on the air. There's snow and then let's see here, let me just let me jump away.
Speaker 2: Durham schools are just closed. So yeah, and.
Speaker 1: Then it's what early really, well, it's not. It's it's all early release for your kid. It's not even in school.
Speaker 2: I can't say next gend of the phones or I'm doing my best. I'm I'm here because my work ethic is so impeccable that I couldn't miss a day. Yeah, so I'm here, but not really here. So it's kind of you're on your own. I see, okay, is it not that bad? And Raleigh because my street it's bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Well there's a giant at at coming down the street Greece and people like that one time on Glenwood Avenue. So strap my phone. It's probably not good.
Speaker 2: You don't want to ruin your microphone. It'll sound bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah okay. So yeah, because it's weird because you sent me, uh, at five o'clock yesterday, you sent me a photo.
Speaker 2: I just posted the photo on my Twitter and retweet that I barely have Wi Fi because it's just the snow is so bad here and wake Forth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's so it's just so Raleigh, which doesn't have any snow.
Speaker 2: Right, it was a freak event. It's just I can't come in, so I'm at home.
Speaker 1: So if I was to head just a couple miles north of the studio, you're telling me it's a frozen.
Speaker 2: Oh it's horrible. Yeah, yeah, it's it's like, uh, it's like Greenland.
Speaker 1: So if I was to ask listeners who live in wake Forest, it really it really depends where.
Speaker 2: And we're in wake Forest. Like if you go to my neighbor Reid, who's right down the street who listens to the show, yeah, he'll probably vouch for me because he's probably in the same situation and he's a good dude.
Speaker 1: Right, So just in your neighborhood, was.
Speaker 2: This Bill next to me, Bill who is an older gentleman, and I take out his trash every Thursday. He probably at my back too, would be like, yeah, definitely snow there.
Speaker 1: Well it might be because you take out his trash every Thursday, wouldn't it.
Speaker 2: Chris across the street, you know, yeah, I take care of his launch. So he's probably there's another guy you shared a pet with or something. Yeah, sure did took care of his cat before it passed away. Yeah it, he'll vouch for me.
Speaker 1: Okay. But if others, let's say, if they're up by, I don't know, not in your neighborhood, they might tell me there's no snow.
Speaker 2: Probably yeah it's a freak occurrence. I could not come in. Or they're just because it does does it not sound? Okay, no, it sounds.
Speaker 1: It sounds you exactly like when I'm in Greensboro.
Speaker 2: So oh sounds like super expensive.
Speaker 1: Then yeah, you guys know from a nightmare fuel perspective, like they want to do that to my microphone. So just let you know. That's a whole other thing. Oh jeez man, what an absolute day. Wait what is this thing fighting with me for? All right? Oh? Maybe Ross is right. I don't know, my stupid next gen's fighting me. Maybe it's affected by this snow or something going on up in wake Forest. All right, we'll try this here in just a moment, all right, So so there you go. Ross is just trying to survive the snow apocalypse. Is that maybe that's the word we're going with. We'll ask Ray a little later what the actual name of the storm that is terrorizing poor Ross is. But you know, we're still gonna We're gonna do this thing as we do there. I mean, it's so weird this way.
Speaker 2: I might have to stay in on Monday as well.
Speaker 1: Oh you think it might have impacted Well, it's funny because next Monday is a work day, but the Monday after that is a holiday, right, and an inauguration?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 1: Really?
Speaker 2: I don't really focus on time off, you know, because I'm just I'm all about work.
Speaker 1: Soever, the vacation schedule comes out, you print it giant and you tape it to your window facing outwards.
Speaker 2: That's for you.
Speaker 4: Is it just for me?
Speaker 1: It's not to tell sales what's up? No, I mean, I know, huh, that's that's me. You know what you should do in this emergency situation. You should track down the governor of California and get him to call the president for you. Have you have you even considered that.
Speaker 2: I'm on the phone with Biden right now.
Speaker 1: Are you okay? Can I see it? Can I listen to it?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: You cannot, But but I want to hear what you're doing for me? Ross, Yeah, yeah, but you're not. Your phone's not to your ear either, and it's not on. So like, there's some some clues that I'm seeing right there, because it sounds very similar to the conversation that woman had with Gavin Newsom yesterday. If you guys didn't hear it, allow.
Speaker 5: Me, governor, you got a second.
Speaker 1: So the governor of California is just about to jump into one of his state funded Chevy Tahoes or suburbans or whatever that is. And this woman who lives in this neighborhood, I you know, people are like, oh, her agenda was, she doesn't like Newsome. You know what, I'll bet if you did a poll of Newsom's favorability and Pacific Palisades right now, it's not good. Okay, So the water carrying's got to stop, so she's gonna come up because she sees them. He's walking around the neighborhood. They're taking pictures, and this is the exchange that happens. It's so and he's and he's he's he's caught. There's nothing he can do because there are photographers there, there is a news camera there. Like he's cooked. He can't just be like go away woman, right, he has and and she's not like politically harassing him. She's not like, oh, this is why I would ever vote for you. And Caruso, the guy who was the runner up in the mayor's race to Miss Bass whose properties are the only things still standing in Pacific Palisades, by the way, it's not that. And he is, he just there's nothing he can do. All of the slickness that defines Gavin Newsom does him no good in this situation, because she's not politically harassing him. She's begging for help, and she's pointing out what her and her neighbors are with and her have in her kid's school which just burned down. And he is I'll bet you I wonder how many of his schedulers or staffers he raged on after this interaction. All right, you're ready for this. This is how you're starting your morning. Here we go, Governor.
Speaker 6: You got a second.
Speaker 7: Governor, Governor, I live here.
Speaker 1: Governor, that was my daughter's school.
Speaker 2: Governor, please tell me what you're gonna do.
Speaker 1: I'm not gonna hurt on my promise.
Speaker 8: Literally talking to the president right now.
Speaker 1: That's the other thing too, they're getting ready to taze this woman for rolling up. They're getting ready to give her a little of the Zeus juice, right because they don't know what and she's just she's just a small woman. Not picking on her. She's just like, there's nothing. Gavin Newsom's a big dude. She's got nothing in her hands. She just wants to talk to him. And they're getting ready to, you know, pancake this woman and hit her with the Edison medicine. Ross, what do you like more Zeus juice or Edison medicine to describe tasing of individuals. I like the Zeus juice, Zeus juice more than Edison medicine. Oh that's right, you don't like Edison. I forgot Ross is uh.
Speaker 2: Now you know what he did to the elephants, so I well, I mean you got to show people that that was an attack on the GOP. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh that's that's a good point there. Anyway, Sorry, we're gonna go with Zeus juice. So they're getting ready to give this woman the Zeus juice, and just the whole thing is a politician's worst nightmare.
Speaker 5: Governor, you got a second.
Speaker 1: Governor, Governor, I live here governor.
Speaker 2: That was my daughter's school.
Speaker 5: Governor.
Speaker 1: Please tell me what you're gonna do.
Speaker 9: But I'm not gonna hurt on my promise.
Speaker 8: I'm literally talking to the president right now to specifically answer the question of what we can do.
Speaker 1: And he's holding a that's not on or not unlocked and doing stuff right you know, we're on the lock screen. Okay, he's just holding the phone there now. His reasoning and what he's saying might be accurate, but that's because the fire burned everything, including the cell phone towers for you and your daughter?
Speaker 10: Can I hear it? Can I hear your call?
Speaker 1: Because I don't believe it?
Speaker 8: I'm sorry, can I there's literally I've tried five times. That's why I'm walking.
Speaker 2: Around to make ident not taking your call because it's not going through.
Speaker 1: Why I have to get self service.
Speaker 2: Let's get it, let's get it.
Speaker 7: I want to be here when you call the President.
Speaker 1: I appreciate it. I'm doing that right now, and it's to.
Speaker 8: Immediately get reimbursements, individual assistance, and.
Speaker 1: To help you on the devast looking for all the seven hundred and fifty dollars ross. Hypothetically, let's say you had a five million dollar mansion. Actually, I don't know what. I don't know what your henge is worth. But let's say you had that and now you don't. Right, it's all gone. Was seven hundred and fifty dollars fixt that. Do we know?
Speaker 2: I can do the math here, I don't think so non do this. I am broadcasting from home.
Speaker 1: You're not. You're a studio.
Speaker 2: I'm at home because the snow was so bad. I posted in your studio. I posted photo the parking lot. You're in your studio and that's happening. Photo I posted of the storm on my straight in wick Forest, which is the reason I can't come in. It was so iconic that shutter Shock already like buploaded it. That's why it says that on the bottom of the photo.
Speaker 1: I see it's just licensed at this right. So yeah, I'm in my store historical nature. Yeah, okay, all right. So my point is seven fitty ain't getna cover.
Speaker 4: I'm so sorry, especially for your daughter.
Speaker 2: I have four kids.
Speaker 1: Everyone who went to school there.
Speaker 4: They lost their homes.
Speaker 7: They lost two homes because they were living in one building.
Speaker 11: Another letter, Please tell me, tell me what are you going to do with the president?
Speaker 8: Right now getting we're getting the resources to help rebuild.
Speaker 1: Is there no water in the hydrants?
Speaker 4: Governor?
Speaker 8: It's all literally?
Speaker 9: Is it going to be.
Speaker 1: Different next time? It has to be has to be of course, what.
Speaker 3: Are you going to do to fill the hydrants?
Speaker 1: I would fill them up personally.
Speaker 11: You know that I would fill off the hydrants myself.
Speaker 4: But would you do that? I would do whatever I can, but you're not.
Speaker 8: I see the Do you know there's water dripping over there?
Speaker 10: Governor?
Speaker 1: There's water coming out there? You can use it.
Speaker 4: I appreciate it.
Speaker 8: I'm going to make the call to address everything I can right now, including making sure people to make.
Speaker 1: Sure you can I have an opportunity to at least tell people what you're doing, what you're saying you're doing.
Speaker 5: Can somebody have a contact?
Speaker 1: Can I have your contact right now? And then they get the peasant patrol out so that she's not making the governor uncomfortable?
Speaker 12: Ross?
Speaker 1: Do you realize what you've started? I'm on the Twitter feed right now and now people are posting pictures of what is clearly a Star Wars movie and it's Burlington.
Speaker 2: Do you they probably shouldn't go into work today?
Speaker 1: No, this is not a way for people to get out of work.
Speaker 2: Man, I mean it's weather. We're still in morning from Jimmy Carter, you know, are we? I mean climate change is real.
Speaker 1: Honestly, I think a lot of people when they heard Jimmy Carter died were like he was still alive. I mean, if we're gonna be honest here, because I happen to see people post that, so.
Speaker 2: Okay, can't work today.
Speaker 1: Oh wait, no, I just saw who posted the Star Wars thing. It's hard that harbinger who posts fake photos of the boone big beer. So anyway, he's not to be trusted. So, and there's somebody photoshopped you into a virtual teams meeting. Actually, let me explain something to you, Martin who wrote this. That's not how Ross does a team's meeting because he doesn't call in on teams. He calls in on his phone and there's not even a logo because there ain't no cameras happening. So you got you got a little wrong. And then some one of our listeners who's always in Yo. Actually I know who that guy is. He sends me pictures of Wyoming. He's a truck driver, and so I believe him when he says it's minus eleven with windchill, because that's normal January there. So anyway, all right, well that's what we're dealing with today, but you will make the best of it. Even though there's not an ounce of snow around the radio station. It's just so weird. We got Pete calendar coming up. We'll see if it's a blizzard in Charlotte or midday buddy down on w b T and uh yeah, yeah. If you're Gavin newsoid Man, that's nightmare fuel that woman walking up to you and almost got it, almost got crazy with your security, like dah, we should probably shoot this woman twenty times or whatever because she not. And I saw people like, she's only doing it to embarrass him. That was my That was the comment that just made me lose my mind. She's only doing it to embarrass him. She's standing in front of the school her kids go to, and she lives in the neighborhood there that he's touring. There's a chance she's a Republican operative, I guess, but probably not really. Did you see all of you see the Hollywood stars revolting? I think Ross, you're the one who brought this up yesterday when you were still able to make it into the station where you were like, ah, what are the what are the Hollywood people gonna do? Like Hollywood people are openly and actively revolting against Newsom and in small part Democrats posting on their social media. It's it's that's how bad you know it is if the Hollywood crew are willing to start questioning their political affinity. And yet that's where we are. So we'll get into that. We'll finally hear even though she pretended she couldn't speak yesterday, from the mayor of Los Angeles, Mayor Bass, who's not pleased, and so much more coming up, hang on back in a few So this is this is the big tech show in Vegas, right what is it called? See whatever? Right where they got all the gadget And don't get me wrong, I'm a big fan and I also love the fact that it happens. I don't know if it always happens at the same time, but that it it like at the same time the big tech shows going on is the like the Adult Film Awards show or the adult Film conference see like like at the convention center there you got nerds and porn stars so interesting. But that being said, you know, robots are a thing, and they're interviewing this dude who has this five foot two blonde, very busty robot with him. Why did you make it that way, sir? And he's talking. He's like, well, you know, people want, you know, service bots to do this, that and the other. We just made one who's good at conversation. And I'm like, I don't know, man, I don't feel like you designed that robot for conversational purposes. Ross You've seen the video. You think that he designed that robot so he could talk about Tolstoy or something else.
Speaker 2: I mean, you don't want an ugly robot, you know?
Speaker 1: Why do you keep doing that when you're clearly in your studio.
Speaker 2: Want you want something like Rosie from the Jetson's robot.
Speaker 1: Come on, well, Rosie was efficient right, handled all the needs of the Jetson.
Speaker 2: I just, I just I want to know who he modeled her after, because.
Speaker 1: You literally stole my thunder. I was just going to say, how awkward is it if you're some intern at that company and you're like, that looks a lot like me.
Speaker 2: Right, they were an ex girlfriend or somebody he sat next to in school or something, and they're seeing the video the Oh my god.
Speaker 1: How are you filtering your voice that I can't figure out?
Speaker 2: I'm at home because the weather's so bad in wake Forest. Actually it is so bad I couldn't get out of a driveway. So this is a makeshift studio in my phone.
Speaker 1: Is this somebody who's gonna lie for you? Is that what I'm seeing on my call screener here? Is that? What is that? What's going on here?
Speaker 2: I just appreciate the false, disparaging, malicious lies. My work thing is impeccable.
Speaker 1: Why if you just have a robot for companionship and conversation, does it have to be five foot two, one hundred and five pounds with double d's. I'm just wondering, just wondering. But yeah, to to your point in what I was going to make, like, how awkward if that looks like you and you work with the student. Yeah, you're Brandy, You're the you're the intern from UCLA that year or whatever. Oh man, probably file a lawsuit. All right, let's let's go ahead and fall on this knife. Yes, Boston, Paul, what's up?
Speaker 5: Okay, I'm remote calor remotely.
Speaker 1: And I was you're holding pay from your face, I can tell what's happening. What do you want?
Speaker 5: I was up in the wake Forest scoping out my hot dog drink, see if I can get to it at lunch time, and you know it doesn't.
Speaker 12: Look that way.
Speaker 5: I think Ross said the right thing by not putting a stupid ad on trying to drive into the studio.
Speaker 1: First, you live south of Raleigh. Why are you in wake Forest? That doesn't track?
Speaker 5: I told you my my hot dog during Best in the World.
Speaker 1: Which one is it? Which?
Speaker 2: What is it? Shorty hot Dogs?
Speaker 1: Yeah, as Tony's pretty good down by the Universe by NSI state there anyway.
Speaker 5: When you have one, you know you know he ordered a one.
Speaker 1: I see, okay, So yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 12: Ross is doing the right thing.
Speaker 13: I mean you didn't.
Speaker 5: You didn't need to put a stupid high on him drive all the.
Speaker 2: Way into I appreciate Paul's service to the community and to the show. He's a he's well respected, and uh, all this time there in Boston. He knows safety and I feel that he's making the right decisions, saying that I made the right decisions.
Speaker 1: So I appreciate that Yeah, that's that's that's good. I'm not sure how much money has changed hands. Let me ask you a question. There are two questions there, Boston Paul, back when you were still wanting a badge UH and running around tasing the public for giving the attitude, did you go with Zeus juice or Edison medicine.
Speaker 5: We weren't allowed to have favors time we did, but they took them away from us.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's it's Boston. You guys just shoot people so obviously different, you know. Second, d are you super excited for your playoff game on Sunday?
Speaker 5: Let's shoot another?
Speaker 1: Is this the show going to be pretending not to be near their microphone? Is that what I'm doing to on a Friday? So you're so your Buccaneers play at seven against UH on Sunday against the Years at seven? I never said it was a Buccaneers what's up?
Speaker 5: Never said I never said it was a Buccaneers scene.
Speaker 1: Ross. Did Boston Paul ever call in excited about the Buccaneers?
Speaker 6: No, No, Paul.
Speaker 1: I'm asking Ross because I feel like.
Speaker 13: You had always has in red skins always, Pat. I don't know why he because I don't.
Speaker 2: Know I think I think. I think football stupid and I can't pay attention to it because it's a childish thing and I'm more focused on survival at the moment.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, how many inches or how many inches of snow is there in wake Forest Ross? Since I can't.
Speaker 2: See it, it looks like hawf It's like haff.
Speaker 1: You know that that's in Wyoming. We used to call that Monday and then we go to school right to pack you on your dead tantan around you and off you go.
Speaker 5: So all right, I'm just glad Darren gonna put their stupid head on. They took it there.
Speaker 1: I can't, I can't with this audio. You need to go away now, all right, go back, go back to drinking or whatever you do. All right, get out of here. Of course, you know this is worse than It's worse than Pirate Day, International Pirate Day. That's my least favorite day doing a radio show.
Speaker 2: What do pirates like to do on the weekend? Yard work?
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, plunder booty. I mean that's what.
Speaker 2: Yard worre.
Speaker 1: Okay, is it break time yet? Oh dear god, it's not.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 1: Let me just play something to irritate you and distract you can I let's learn more about the fire firefighting folks and the general attitude. Since this California story is big, this won't irritate you at all.
Speaker 3: You want to see somebody that responds to your house, your emergency, whether it's a medical call or a fire call, that looks like you. It gives that person a little bit more ease knowing that somebody no.
Speaker 1: All right, hold on, ma'am, I think, ma'am, hang on, I want to see somebody. If my house is on fire and I'm in my house, I want to see anybody. I don't like any If I'm trapped in my house and it's all on fire, I don't care if you, ma'am come through the door, or some dude who looks like Magnus Magnuson or whatever the strong like, I don't care. I just want to be like, Oh now, I don't have to burn to death. Okay, That's where I'm at. And by the way, UH, correct me if I'm wrong. Ross This woman is not. She's a firefighter on a TV show. Right, Oh come on, man?
Speaker 2: What Trevor just came in and took my paper towel roll away? So now we're back to a normal Friday and very it sucks. Well, so confused, my rights have been violated. Do we only have one paper towel in the whole building? Well, you can't get back to the kitchen now because it's sealed off from all the construction. The lobby was gone this morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, you have to you have to repel the kitchen.
Speaker 2: Nos. Like, if I have to go the bathroom, I'm doomed, Like it's not possible today, Like you have to.
Speaker 1: There's eleven floors of yeah rooms.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but to get to the I don't even know like how to even to get back to the stairs. To get to those floors. Now, it's like like you said before in the beginning of the show, it's like a maze. It's like a maze to get out of here now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, it's it's hold on. Somebody just send me something. Hold on. They got a question. I'll go ahead and tackle this question. Why am I getting anybody have a coworker who sends everybody in the company calendars for their uh when they're going to be in the office and not in the office, Because.
Speaker 2: I think it's like a new thing that people do.
Speaker 1: But no, but Ashley's the only one who does it. Sorry, it's called Ashley. I'm not mad at her. I'm just like, I appreciate that you're going to be in this market today and that they just don't know that. I need it on my calendar anyway. But no, this like that person's not even a real firefighter? Am I wrong? Before I play the rest of this audio? All right, hold on, here's the question. Finally got this work. Why is it we only make robots to either have sex with or kill people? Well? Why not both, sir? That's what I want.
Speaker 2: I like the safety protocols them both though, right, Because like when a robot is gonna kill you and go evil, it's eyes turn red, But when the sex robot has a headache, the eyes also go red. So it's good. It's a good safety pro It's Isaac Asimov's fourth rule of robotics, I believe.
Speaker 1: I don't do you notice, though, how much we skipped over that whole era of making robots sex bots that would have a headache? Right? Remember remember all these geniuses years ago we've talked about on the show. Well, this robot has a menstrual cycle, and it's like, why.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they wanted to make that a thing. They wanted to actually make it a thing. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Remember the what was the consent bot? Remember consent bot? Right? It was like, we're gonna have a robot, but it's a sex bot, but sometimes it tells you no, and it's to train you too. Okay, well, let me say this. If you're buying a twenty thousand dollars sex spot, I don't think you're in a lot of situations where you're having to get consent from a real woman. I don't think that's I don't think that's a normal part of your schedule. Yeah, they're like, oh yeah, well, what damn it? What did we name? We came up with a name. Well I was trying to remember what we called the name. Oh yeah, that's right, the menstruating robot. Do you remember what we called it? I just remembered. Do you remember ross? Do you remember what you're calling it? Cry boorgh that's right? Yes, yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah yeah cryboard. That was the only redeeming quality of that whole story. So I don't know why that is, sir, but I would say, you want both, right, you want a h.
Speaker 2: What's it?
Speaker 12: Uh?
Speaker 1: You want a chef in the kitchen and a freaking the sheets kind of thing, or in this case, you want you want a stone cold killer and to freaking the sheets. So I think that's what the people are looking for. It's weird. Ross's audio just got a lot better. That's so strange how that happened. All right, anyway back to this, so uh yeah, so let's go back to what you're looking for in a firefighter. I'm sorry, if my house is burning down, you could you guys could all show up and look like the the umpa lumpas. But if you're getting it done and you're not trying to put the fire out with a bag of water, did you see this video? I tweeted this out yesterday, so and and I understand that these are literally specially designed bags so that they don't leak, so you can carry water over, But the whole situation seems ridiculous. It's clearly a shed. I'm assuming it's probably trash cans and stuff in there, probably six six to eight. The whole damn thing's on fire, and you're running over with and it looks like a bag. Its the size of a bag you would get if you went over to sheets this morning and bought a couple of things and they threw it in the bag and they're trying to put fires out with that. Now, why would that be? Because the truck they're gaining the water from isn't able to hook in and get water from the hydrants. They're having to ration the water that they're using. Meanwhile, this is happening.
Speaker 3: You want to see somebody that responds to your house, your emergency, whether it's a medical call or a fire call, that looks like you. It gives that person a little bit more ease knowing that somebody might understand their situation better.
Speaker 1: Is she strong enough to ross? If let's say hypothetically, you're on fire, Okay, somehow you've you've caught fire. I don't maybe Lincoln let you on fire, or your probably your cat did it. Whatever, you're on fire and somebody comes to put you out. Are you going to be hesitant if they don't look like it, don't care.
Speaker 2: I don't care. It's not something a computer process. I'm like, put the fire out, That's what I Because you're on fire, You're just like put Yeah, you think that you think the woman that was set on fire and the subway there in New York. Cared. Yeah, the person was walking like that.
Speaker 1: Better be a sixty year old woman who comes down or whatever she aged she was sixty year old woman who comes down here to put me out? No, I think she probably didn't. Well, I'm not sure she was able to process it.
Speaker 3: Either do this or you couldn't carry my husband out of a fire, which my response is he got himself from the wrong place.
Speaker 1: If I have to carry him out of a fire.
Speaker 2: That isn't what?
Speaker 1: All right, hold on, because I kind of buried the lead there. I should have warned you. The last statement that this woman is going to make is going to drive you up the wall. Let's hear it in its entirety.
Speaker 3: Do you want to see somebody that responds to your house, your emergency, whether it's a medical call or.
Speaker 2: A fire, that looks like you.
Speaker 3: It gives that person a little bit more ease knowing that somebody might understand their situation better. Is she strong enough to do this? Or you couldn't carry my husband out of a fire, which my response is he got himself in the wrong place. If I have to carry him out.
Speaker 1: Of a fire, what a loser?
Speaker 12: Huh?
Speaker 1: What hm, lit on fire like that?
Speaker 2: The hell is that? Can you imagine any other dude? Can you imagine that? You know, I don't your wig forest, police department, the chief or whatever. Yeah, he's like, oh, well, you know, if you're a woman and you're you're caught in a fire, you know, you put yourself in that situation. I yeah, standing in the fire like that. Now, sometimes people do, because you know, Florida exists. We know this is a thing. People like themselves on fire. That being said, f you, I just f you for days.
Speaker 1: Probably you have this expectation. Do you scold them before you smother them with the blanket? I mean, what how does that work?
Speaker 2: You have some like the husband's house for over, like outside watching or you know, thinking about their loved one burning alive in the house, and you're screaming at this police chief, go save my police you know, save my husband. And you're like, he did it to himself? Yeah, is now he may have.
Speaker 1: But do you know, just to bring a more serious point to this, do you know the first Now they're the first two people they found dead. So there was a time when they thought there was two before there was five yesterday and onward and upward.
Speaker 2: But do you know what.
Speaker 1: The two people, the first two people they found dead were doing how they found them. They've died with their garden hose in their hand. They were running around, they were trying to put the fire out around their house, and even though they were outside, they just they feel that they probably you know, because I don't know if you know, this fire loves oxygen and so it very clearly SAPs the oxygen. And so they're running around trying to save everything that they own with an effinge garden hose and they just they were overcome with everything and they died. Screw you all day, right there. I'm not saying that, you know, people are going to die in in big horrific things. It's not on the fire department. But screw you talking about oh well, why are you in that position? Well, that's why they were in that position. They're looking at literally everything they have and going, well, just maybe since the fire hydrants are working, maybe I can put it out myself.
Speaker 2: But just to be clear, right and this die. The city put this in a promotional video and published it and posted it and they're like, yeah, we're going to go along with that. What she just said which is completely insane.
Speaker 1: And they hashtaged its celebrating diversity in the original post, which is what I would do to mockt. I don't know if you did. You get it from the original where they had the original on it, Okay, so they literally in the original post on their own social media they hashtag celebrating diversity while telling people, hey, dummy, don't light yourself on fire, which is good advice. But anyway, we'll be back, all right. A couple emails. I just want to real quickly address one. Is it true that some LA Fire Department assets supplies determined to be surplus were sent to Ukraine. Yes, that is true. That is true, and not just from the Fire Department but from various like Los Angeles. The LA City Council put out a statement and they had a whole price package for him. And yes, some of them were LA Fire Department assets. I don't know necessarily if they directly correlated, because I don't know the totality of what they were, but that is true. And the fire department budget, more importantly, which then could have been spent on maintenance, that was seventeen point six million, and that was redirected to migrants, So you know, shifting assets and dollars or is not uncommon, but it looks really bad in retrospect. The thing that's really crazy, and it kind of gets lost in the shuffle of this stuff is the amount of people I've seen interviewed going back to when the fires first broke out, who saw no law enforcement attempting to mitigate traffic issues. Right, So when you have this an exasperated event like this where all these people like you saw in because California, because of the topography, likely especially when you're in these these quick elevation changes like Pacific Palisades, Brentwood, those kinds of areas where it's you know, it's the hills, the Hollywood Hills there, there's usually only one road up through there. There's not a bunch of them, so you stall one road, doubt it's a problem. And that's why you saw Steve Gutenberg in that clip running around trying to tell them people, Hey, we're gonna leave, You're gonna ditch your cars, leave the keys at them because if not a snope, literally a snowplow is going to come through and push your car off the road so people can get out. But at the time the fires were going on, when people were really there was they didn't have the l a PD or the sheriff for anybody out there in most of these areas, and as a result, you get gridlock. I mean, the police can do what the police can do, but still they're they're providing some order to this. So the whole thing is a dumpster fire, for lack of a better term, and people are outrage and and a lot of people who are we we're probably the main supporters of the current leadership right probably held fundraisers. Pacific Palisades is a it's it's it's probably a less known haunt of Hollywood, but it's chalk full of Hollywood people, the very very nice suburb of Los Angeles, and like those people are flipping this woman right here, This is this is exactly what I was wondering if it was going to happen. Hold on, let me play this audio for you. I'm not surprised by this at all. And then you got to ask, well, what's law enforcement going to do about this. Here's a woman being interviewed who lives in Pacific Palisades. Are used to because her house right Okay, here we go as I.
Speaker 11: Was getting my whole family out, all you have in your mind is just youre a survival mode.
Speaker 1: At that point, I.
Speaker 11: Saw men coming into our neighborhoods.
Speaker 9: Police confirmed it.
Speaker 2: She had this to say, take a listen.
Speaker 1: It was wild.
Speaker 11: I would we just start seeing all these cars pull up, doors open, groups of men running up our street, going up to the doors of these houses, and we weren't sure what was going on. I'm thinking, are these people here to help my neighbors?
Speaker 1: I hope so?
Speaker 11: And I left, and then my husband talked to the fleece and said, what are those guys doing. These guys don't live here, get them out. My next door neiber said his quote, there were like one hundred people that came up on scooters and were trying to get into any and all houses on the street.
Speaker 8: And did you physically see police officers stopping them.
Speaker 11: I didn't, but it's not to say that they weren't. It was so incredibly chaotic, and I was so worried about my big family and getting them out of our old tinder box of a house that I was just focused on them first.
Speaker 1: Yes, the absolute worst of humanity then descended on these you know, I guess the unburned homes where they knew people had fled for the purpose of looting them. Yea, And what do you do with that boy? One hundred people? It's you know what it sounds like. It sounds like those videos you see were like fifty misguided utes decide to ransack a convenience store, except they're doing this to five million dollar homes of Pacific Palisades. Now. The other I said, I there's two emails I want to address. That's one of one was the question about the fire dollars and being redirected. Here's the other one, quote, why do you care? Why do you care? After what happened in North Carolina? And nobody cares? I care because it provides an a a very interesting lesson in how people prioritize disaster relief. Okay, but you But also I do care. I do, And even if it's I was gonna say if Robert de Niro's house was burning, but I honestly, I don't know how I feel about that because that guy is so dead to me. But in the totality of I do care, and California's and there's a lot of crazy people there, but I really enjoyed the years that I spent out there, and I know a lot of nice people, and it's not all like that. Most of those folks just basically are subjugated, right, there's nothing they can do with though Santa Barbarie does have a little bit of red in it. I do care, But I also am flabbergasted at watching the response to what's going on in LA almost immediately, the amount of dollars that are flowing, in the amount of concern in the voice of the President, the governor, and everybody else, when we didn't have that. Okay, and I will die on this hill. Roy Cooper and Josh Stein who is now the governor, gave zero fs when it came to actively monitoring and criticizing what we're glaring airrors in FEMA's response. Where you had those houses Citty in Hickory, when you had officials up in the mountains like that absolute lunatic woman who we played the audio of, who made it as partisan as possible as a city, a city council member, supper county commissioner out in western North Carolina, like like, what's happening. They're gonna have a telethon, let's just be honest. They're gonna have a friggin' telethon for the victims of the fire in California. And I don't begrudge him for that, But Joe Biden is Johnny on the spot, He's on the ground, the governor cares. They're even being critical of some of the other outlets, mostly to deflect blame. But you watch Pacific Palisades will be rebuilt before, and then pick whatever western North Carolina it'll be. It'll be rebuilt before Asheville is.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, and there's a reason for that, right it's a donor dollars and fifty four electoral votes from a solid red state. Are you saying that politics may may play here, But like you said, it's been what forty eight hours, and they're already committing. You know, we're going to pay for the one hundred and eighty days of recovery, and everything's gonna be paid for, and we're sending you know, Sea one thirties, and we're sending fire departments and firefighters and everything's going to be okay. Meanwhile, you have people that are and let's let's be honest. A lot of people just give an example, like say like a Paris Hilton. She's not going to be financially ruined from this. I don't want to see anybody lose a house.
Speaker 1: No, no, no, it's not attacking Billy.
Speaker 2: An example, these people. Right, it's horrible and it's horrific and it's awful and nobody should live through that.
Speaker 1: How we even if you have a ten million dollar house, I don't want you to use it.
Speaker 2: They're going to be financially Okay, they're not going to be financially ruined. Meanwhile, you have people in western North Carolina who lost everything and are going to be financially ruined, and we are going to be they are they are yeah, and they're currently what their FEMA vouchers are running out and they're being kicked out of their hotels in the middle. Iay, right, all of this, but even on top of that, right when this happened, how how many days went by before they got any response? And then the.
Speaker 1: National Guard wouldn't if we were doing National Guard response and it was the same as North Carolina, they wouldn't deploy until Sunday.
Speaker 2: Right, And then when they did get a response, they held a press conference where Kamala Harris was like, you know, waving her seven hundred fifty dollars check around, going hey, we're here to help you out right. You know, even if they did that, even if they had this, you know, and I agree with you, they're gonna have some sort of telethon or something to help the victims of this area. And you know they're gonna be even if they presented, you know, Paris Hilton, here's the seven hundred and fifty dollars to help you recoup from this disaster. Once again, she's going to be. Okay, they're gonna have.
Speaker 1: A place to stay right now wherever went to, Paris Hilton, go to stay.
Speaker 2: Right, do we know? I mean, okay, just the judgabusiness of my house.
Speaker 1: I got an extra room.
Speaker 2: The comparison to these two disasters and the video camera the response, but the comparison of these two disasters and the response speed, it's disgusting, it really is.
Speaker 1: But it's so glaring, is what it is. Too Like it would be one thing if it was a slightly blue district, but it's the it is the right. Yeah, it's a swamp center of Democrat politics. And again, uh, to reiterate what Ross just said, I don't want Billy Crystal's house to burn down. Don't even know the Billy crime. I've never seen him really do a political This isn't politics, even Paris Hilton, right, the ultimate NEPO baby. I don't want this. What was the reality show idiots who they lost their house?
Speaker 12: Oh?
Speaker 1: What is the name of that reality I never watched any of it, But they're just awful people on the reality show. Maybe in real life. I don't know that. Beings said, I'm like that sucks man, because they were talking about their kid's bedroom burning and luckily their kid wasn't in it, so they don't have to get scolded by that insane fire woman. But they were talking about their their their emotional reaction to looking at what used to be their son's bedroom and it's just torched and the kids and it weird. It's weird because the bed burned and the ashes look like a heart. They really do. And these people who years ago when they were doing their reality show, Heidi montagu and then whoever the dude is just I never saw any.
Speaker 2: Of your time.
Speaker 1: These people are what's that Spencer Pratt? Spencer Pratt, I like, these are awful people. Whenever I see video of them all that, but they're they're so human when they're sitting there talking about staring at where their kid used to sleep, and they're busting up emotionally over it. Because even with everything that goes on and all the all the politics of and in the opinions we have in the good times, I don't want that on anybody. I don't even have a kid. And I was like, geez, is it Dusty in here? What's going going on? Man? And yes, the the absolute response for the federal government Joe Biden everybody else, although to be fair, Joe Biden is not given his level. Best bag Biden.
Speaker 6: If they contact Disaster Assistance dot gov anybody's lost everything or anything of consequence, Disaster Assistants dot gov or one eight hundred two assummate one eight hundred two, I beg your pardon one eight hundred six two one three three six two.
Speaker 1: Which is still not the number, by the way, jeez. But they're out there and they're making the effort, and they're laying it out there. And Joe Biden's always had problems with you know, internet stuff. Do you remember Joe Biden back when the UH when they were rolling out healthcare dot gov and they sent Joe Biden to go do all the interviews the right after they passed it. Oh, it was an absolute disaster. Here's that audio.
Speaker 10: By the way, do you know I'm embarrassed? Do you know the website number?
Speaker 6: You know?
Speaker 10: I should have it in front of me and I don't.
Speaker 1: You are you were sent out to promote a website. I just want to be clear. You were sent to do like twenty interviews over a few days with all the different media outlets, and your sole job was to promote a website, and you don't have it in front of you. And holy crap, this was what twelve years ago, thirteen years ago when people probably didn't think he was senile.
Speaker 10: Do you know, I'm embarrassed? Do you know the website number? You know? I should have it in front of me and I don't.
Speaker 1: But they're all there and they're with a big pile of money, and it's absolutely maddening. We're going to talk about it with Pete Calender coming up at eight oh five. And if you think it's just the FEDS who have their head in their behind, they finally got the mayor who was forced to come back from Ghana who refused to answer any questions by the Sky News reporter. They finally got a mic in front of her face and this is how it went.
Speaker 2: Right Now, if you need help, emergency information resources and shelter is available. All of this can be found at URL.
Speaker 1: At what at what? What do you talk? What are you talking about? Did you not like? What it shows?
Speaker 11: Is?
Speaker 1: Let me explain something to you for somebody who does this for a living, where I have to read something, consume it, generally commit parts of it to memory, and then explain it to you. And I'm still not real good at it, but good enough. I'm employed. So with that in mind, if I know, my job is to open my mouth and in fifteen seconds explain to you this website you need to go to. I know the website. It's very simple. If I'm like, oh, so if you want to enter this contest, go to caseyodradio dot com and then I commit that to it to memory. I don't need a sheet in front of me. She's reading something. I'm assuming they wrote it, and then the URL showed up but the website didn't or whatever on whatever the hell she's reading? How does this happen? How are you not embarrassed? And the only way you're not embarrassed is you're shameless, absolutely shameless. So keep a Yes, we're going to keep covering this because and they have arrested a guy. I'll tell you about that here in just a moment. But we're going to keep covering this because it is such a stark contrast to a bunch of FEMA workers running around not going to sign a yards with Trump signs, or seven here's seven hundred and fifty dollars, or you better pay your taxes on that house that floated away. That's why we're covering and we're going to keep doing it. And I'll explain who they arrested and what they arrested. Some homeless dude, one of these, one of the the guy they think started one of the hobo fires as I'm calling it now, So more on that in a moment. Hang on a speculation. Now, they did arrest a dude, a homeless man for one of the fires. Let me see here. Yeah, one person taken into custody and connection to the Kenneth fire, which are up at Thursday in the West Hills of la Arson. Investigators of the lap D said that they Let's see, what is this guy's They have a name on him, yet this is north this is just north of LA's like Ventura, if you have any knowledge of the geography there. Let's see here. Yeah, a homeless man in his thirties was arrested. This is the one where they think a fires. So not necessarily that he was out there lighting it, but he had an uncontrolled fire. There is obviously huge problem with that many homeless people is and understandably so they want fire to either keep warm or cook food or whatever. So but it's it's not government official's fault in La. So let me ask you this, Uh, who do you think a sitting member of Congress by the name of Premilla jayapal Jaya Palell. I never know how to pronounce her name because I don't care because she's insane. Who She's not California, she's Western Washington, Seattle, I think, But if not somewhere in there. Who did she play ross? You haven't even seen this. Who do you think Primilla Jaya Palell decided it's responsible for the fires?
Speaker 2: Take a Trump and musk.
Speaker 1: No, that was that CNN's theory. Well, actually their theory is partially Trump at the beginning, but also they're in inhibiting the ability to effectively fight the fires. So CNN did run that game yesterday.
Speaker 12: No J.
Speaker 1: Powell has decided, are you ready for this? McDonald's. That's right, the Golden arches. Now, maybe you're wondering, you're like, okay, explain it to me, Like I'm five, and and really I can't, but I can kind of explain it. So she tweeted out, corporations got us into this mess, but even they can't escape the devastating reality of climate change. And then I don't know if you said, you see the video of the McDonald's getting absolutely cooked yesterday one of the McDonald's burned down and it's in the winds, so you just it's it's aggressive. You just see the fire swoop in there. Yeah, So she posted that video and then blame corporations for this.
Speaker 2: See blaming the corporations and blaming climate change is like it's evil. It's because you're blaming these things and you're not looking at anything that could possibly be human responsibility. Right, So that's put aside, so you can't fix the problem, so it might happen again, and you're like Oh, it's this climate change.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, it's like we talked about yesterday. Even if you if you accept the premise that's one hundred percent climate change. Okay, let's say it's one hundred percent climate change. If you accept that premise and you think it is that climate change has the ability to essentially murder ten people and devastate one of the wealthiest enclaves in all of the United States. If you believe that, then you prepare for it, and you have reservoirs of water and you make sure your hydrants are working because it is such a threat. That's what this is what you do every you You mitigate danger in your life all day every day. Ross do you lock your door at night?
Speaker 2: I sure do?
Speaker 1: Okay, there you go. Why do you do that? Why do you lock your door.
Speaker 2: In case there's a crazy person that trice and knocking my door for you, I'm asking for five dollars in quarters?
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, remember that happen? Yeah, yeah, I do. I'll never forget that. It's so weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So you think that there is the potential of the possibility that somebody may then enter your home for nefarious reasons or to make change.
Speaker 2: Right now, imagine if I didn't lock my door and then something you know, does happen, and then I'm like, oh, that's due to climate change, and then it's why.
Speaker 1: Were you no, no, no, no, Also why were you in there anyway?
Speaker 2: And it takes all responsibility away from me, right, so you can put that to the side. You don't want to feel guilt or take responsibility for anything. And climate change is a constant boogeyman, and that's evil.
Speaker 1: It's just h There is a serious lack of critical thinking on this stuff, and politicians feast on it. When you when you refuse to analyze what it is they're saying, they win. They win in deflecting responsibility. I don't think it's arguable that lawmakers in charge of Los Angeles at a local all the way up to the federal level couldn't have done a better job of getting ready for this. These This is not unknown now. If a tornado devastated Los Angeles, by the way, has happened once a long time ago. If a tornado ripped through there, I wouldn't be criticizing people for not having storm shutters, do you know what I'm saying? Because I'm like, that's Los Angeles that shouldn't happen in the same way that I'm not looking at a dude in little Switzerland who's house floated away, going wow, why didn't you think there was a flood that was coming? Because we can critically think about these things, I'm going to give you some other examples too. Letgrassi calls that I promised to do that. So let's let's get that. Janet, you're up first this morning. How you doing.
Speaker 14: I'm good case, I hope you are. I was just calling to let you know that I actually had a house fire, and I did stay at my driveway and stop all the trucks to inspect the crew, to make sure that they were well diversified and represented me properly.
Speaker 1: Did you get pronouns? You got pronouns from everybody? Did you I did? Yeah, I did.
Speaker 12: I got everybody.
Speaker 1: When you're when you when you're screaming at the officer to uh, you know, save your dog that's on fire, you want to make sure that you use the proper pronouns there.
Speaker 14: So right, well, you know, I didn't get all excited. I've been paying my insurance for a while, so I felt like I had plenty of time. And the worst part is, you know, the indoor pull down on it was it was a complete loss. The house was a complete loss.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, and.
Speaker 14: The trucks to honestly, the trucks that I had to turn around went pretty rude about it, and they kept screaming something about new your car, lady, and yeah, I don't.
Speaker 1: I don't know, probably.
Speaker 14: Yeah, yeah, I figured it was that. You know that white man, Trevlge that all white man just the worst.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's it's just it's Keystone, cops. But it's Keystone everybody.
Speaker 2: It's just.
Speaker 12: Right.
Speaker 1: It's baffling. And then as we were thanks for the caller, Janet, as we were talking about it's then when you compare the expediency of all these folks, Remember Joe Biden finally came to North Carolina, and what did he do. He stood in front of a microphone, said, Hey, I talked to the Mountain people. They're like, they think it's great. They love me. That's what he said. I'm paraphrased, but that's what he said. He said, No, they're happy, that's what he said. So they're happy. No, they're happy. It's like, you can't make this stuff up. Jamal, what's going on?
Speaker 13: Hey, K see what's going on this morning?
Speaker 1: I don't know the world's burning. It's starting with LA.
Speaker 13: So you know what, KC this LA fire, it's purproved the d I don't work. You know, I lived here in Durham, whereas four point DEEI you don't work. But in LA you cannot even criticize DEEI on television because I fit lost this clip of Scott Jennings telling people the policy, the things they in act and what they was worried about. They took seventeen million dollars from the.
Speaker 5: LA five.
Speaker 1: Soft cell at seventeen point six because six hundred thousands a lot of money. They took seventeen point six out of the budget, which was the preparatory budget to give to migrant housing.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 13: Yeah, and then and then they said, like you said, some of the stuff. But when Scott Jennings was the debating U A, I call her Congressman Jazz and Cratchett cast Crockett.
Speaker 1: I saw the video. She is absolutely out of her mind.
Speaker 13: So she started talking about THEEI. Why white people scared of heaving people of color? White people aren't scared of having people of color White people don't qualified people of color. White people don't want you having a white person that's beating her meeting the standards, and a black person who barely beating the standards. But you got to choose a black person because the black person, you need one more black person. Then she go on this rent. Now these people homes have been burnt down. You had the FBI agent from New Orleans, idiotic said this won't a character class. Then you had the idiotic mayor nor Orleans. Now you've got this idiotic mayor who's a communist. Now not we're not saying, oh she We're not saying she's a communist because we're conservative. We don't like because she is a communist who was part of a radical communist group, which she was in college. Just because she's black.
Speaker 12: She started going.
Speaker 13: Educated any tail down.
Speaker 1: It's not because she's black, it's because she's dumb. I think that I think that I would like to see her take an IQ test. This woman is not smart. And any human who any human who read a statement at this time of need with that ended with ur L looks over at their staff members goes, hey, the website's not on the paper here, What is it, and then make sure that you say it into the microphone two or three times for people because it's the purpose of your statement. She's functionally.
Speaker 2: I I don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know if she has an adult IQ at this point. And she's been a lunatic the whole time she was in Congress. It's just now amplified with what's going on.
Speaker 13: Yes, and there you have these people that when you criticize the they want to take this statistication. I want to get this ball out. They say that black women are the most educated. They or not if you want, black women are more educated amongst black men. Yes, when it comes to black women have more degrees than black men than true, but when you shan't white women have the most of college degrees when it comes to women as all women being Asian women called mens black women waiting the third. So you hear Jazzmin Cratchett sit here and tell this why try to beat down on Scott Jenners And this is what they do. They just don't want admit their policies have failed. EI is a failure. We have that here and Durham. So people needn't just tell the truth. They're in Hollywood and people see that DEEI has failed, But that means they just start doing shows addressing DEI id EI has failed and people won't qualify people. It's somewhat black as qualified people with black people want.
Speaker 1: Then this is this is so much simple than that. All right. If I if my house is on fire and I'm trapped inside, okay, and one hundred and five pound little white woman comes through the door and I'm not able to move, I'm like, I'm probably gonna burn. And it's not a it's not a reflection of her. She can do whatever she can do. But if some big John Coffee looking dude from Green Mile comes through, you know what you mall, I'm like, I'm saved, right yeah, that big that that big dude's carrying me out of there. So this is like, it's it's not even the normal articulable lines that they wanted to thanks for the Colleja mall that they want to divide us over. It's just logic, which is very absent. All right, Oh crap, seven forty seven races.
Speaker 9: Sorry, yeah, yeah, the day when you need it to you wait, where are you? I'm in the building.
Speaker 1: You're not in your main studio.
Speaker 9: I'm not at home, believe it or not. I think it sounds better from home.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this sounds this is Ross was trying to pull this crapper, pretending not going to come in because snow, and he was posting pictures of hof.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm at home today because the weather.
Speaker 1: Yeah, only snowed. And I want to check this with you. It only snowed in wake Forest, in Ross's neighbors.
Speaker 2: It did it?
Speaker 9: Did?
Speaker 1: I mean, I know it didn't stop it.
Speaker 2: This is good.
Speaker 9: This is your credibility, man, I know, I know, but hey, listen as you go down eighty five snowing, snow and Atlanta right now you want to talk about panic. This is fun watching this, But we'll get.
Speaker 1: Ours, bunch. Dude. I've been in your airport when they had a flake of snow and I stayed in that airport for eight hours.
Speaker 9: How's that? How'd that worked out for you?
Speaker 1: I'm like, this is not I can't even see him. Where's the snow?
Speaker 9: Crazy?
Speaker 1: Anyway?
Speaker 9: It's crazy, but it is and getting sloppy, and that's all going to work north northeast and we'll get ours mid late afternoon from west east winter storm warnings. Probably starts as snow, then we get a mix as we head toured early tonight and overnight snow, sleet, freezing rain. So you know, you say ice and snow accumulating one to three inches, and tomorrow when it all wraps up, you're gonna be like, well, there are about three inches of snow because the initial snow is gonna get compressed by the sleet and freezing rain. So it's not gonna be kind of that Christmas snow as I call it, light and fluffy in it probably not gonna be in all snow vent but dangerous travel late today, early tonight through the overnight hours could get a little icing too, which certainly could complicate problems. The good news is for tomorrow morning. You know we're on a Saturday, so that does help. We've had some black ice around Saturday night Sunday morning with anything that does melt or any slush that freezes over than sun at the end of the weekend and up near the forty degree marks. So I'll get better, but the worst later today tonight, tapering off tomorrow afternoon, so.
Speaker 1: Roz can have the day off. Tomorrow's where you can have off.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh, okay, good, Yeah, well we'll allow that, all right, Thank you, sir, appreciate it. Now, I will say this for those of you who might have to leave to drive in that because you've gotta go to work because your stupid family needs to eat or something, just remember you put yourself in that situation.
Speaker 2: That's you, that's on you.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, that's what we learned today, and we'll learn some more coming up in just a few minutes. Hanging on. What a week and it's been a minute before we've uh, since we've had a chance to chat with our radio buddy of the self, Pete Calendar. He's uh, he's with us. Good morning, Pete. How you doing. I am good.
Speaker 12: I've you know, surrounded myself with condensed milk and bread and toilet paper.
Speaker 1: Ross was he was just complaining about this poor guy he's got He got a honey dude had to go to Target yesterday and he couldn't find a parking spot so didn't have to walk inside. So because that's what we did, all right, So you guys are you guys are preparing for army gain. Just remember Pete that if something does happen due to whatever, you know, snow or whatever. It's your fault for being there, Okay.
Speaker 12: Right, I put myself in this position.
Speaker 1: Oh good, you knew exactly what I was referencing. Yeah, it's important to important to understand that. I honestly the whole week I was like, I was going to do the thing where we just talk about out how insane the last two weeks were with that we had off, like, you know, we do our last show of the year. You took two weeks as well, right, I think I did. Yeah, yeah, And it's like, yeah, what, thank you, it's good. I'm glad you've seen the light. But like, how crazy was that? Dude? The last show on Friday? A day and a half later they light a woman on fire, then New Orleans, then the the truck in front of the Trump Hotel, the H one B argument. I'm leaving probably seventy two things out, and yet we're going to get into all that. And now I am just core focused on these fires out in California and comparing and contrasting the response, immediate response out there versus I don't know, let's say, western North Carolina. Is that fair because some people are saying it's not fair to look at those two things and wonder why the federal government sending personal butt wipers out to appease the celebrities when in reality, I don't want a guy in little Switzerland to have his double wide washed away, and I don't want somebody like Billy Crystal to have his ten million dollar house burned down because I'm human, right, Why are we going through this performative theater?
Speaker 2: Man?
Speaker 12: So look, I think it is undeniable that the attention of the fires is partly due to and I don't know how large of an effect it is, but we obviously you throw in celebrities and people feel connections because these are people that they feel like they know because they've seen you know, you mentioned Billy Crystal and John Goodman. There are a lot of people that they are celebrities and they live in these areas and so there are pictures of them and people connect to them. So yes, I think that is a part of it. Also, you know this being a member of the meeting and being a former reporter that the fire video is captivating. I mean, there's a reason why local newsrooms send people out to cover apartment fires when when the damage is minimal and nobody was killed. It's it's you know, fire makes for captivating video on TV.
Speaker 1: I don't know, a house floating down the French food works.
Speaker 2: Yes, well, so sure that does. That does well.
Speaker 12: But for the media, they like mops to the flame.
Speaker 1: Like literally, right, let me say this, and this is a compliment. I mean this. Look well, I lived, you know, I went to school in California, right, so Wyoming kids straight to southern California. It's a little bit of a culture shop. But the news in California does breaking news almost better than anybody out there. Every afternoon, there was a possibility that if I turn on KTLA, which we got up in Santa Barbara, and in addition to our locals that there was the craziest car chase you've ever seen. And they had infrastructure to cover these things, right So so yeah, and now you're in the number two media market in the country, one of the biggest in the world. Although they the one hill that they have there were all of the transmitter towers for Odyssey and others. I guess that burned down.
Speaker 12: So yeah, that Mount Wilson, I think it was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but they they have an infrastructure that makes it more readily available. Than even what Western North Carolina had. Even though everybody's got a camera on their damn phone, they do a professional job. The craziest car chase is this dude. I watched the whole thing. You ran from La No Long Beach, so just south LA got to the border crossing south of San Diego into Tijuana there and it's it's just traffic nightmare. So he's like two football fields away from freedom and he starts running and he and there's something in his hand, and the officers are chasing him on foot. He turns around, throws the thing in his hand and an officer who catches it, gets about fifty feet from the border and they tackle him. He threw a baby at him. He threw a baby. Yeah, you look this up. It's yeah. It was pretty obviously a big deal at the time. And I never missed a minute from the moment they were trying to pull this dude over in Long Beach. So I understand they're going to be able to sell it, and I sell sounds like a not a generous word, and I don't mean it like that. I mean they're going to have the ability to make but the politicians still have to respond and Karen Bass coming out and going go to the URL right or or refuse to answer. Did you see the video of her refusing to talk in god.
Speaker 12: There had any of her talking points handed to her by by her staff, I guess. And so I mean just really awkward and uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: But you know what it.
Speaker 12: Reminded me of of you remember Senator kay Hagen and when remember she was she had missed a bunch of those Armed Service Committee meetings talking about the rise of ISIS. And then she comes out and makes her announcement that she's going to run for re election, and then she refuses to take any questions and she tries to escape in the parking lot. Meanwhile, she had called the press conference, so all the media now just follows her out into the parking lot and it like just the worst optics you could imagine, and she's got nothing to say about her absences, and she's just trying to like run away like she was caught on one of the uh, you know, the child reprendator videos.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, hey she had Mike's hard lemonade. So I mean, damning, uh no, no, And that's actually where I was going with this. So, but the ability to do. It cuts both ways, and so what you also end up with is you saw it. I'm gonna play this for folks who haven't heard it. This woman confronting Gavin Newsom who's walking in the neighborhood, and this is damn It should be damning stuff, right, it should be because this is what I remember with Tamala Harris would pretend to be on her phone walking to and from the plane. This is what Newsom's doing. If you guys haven't heard this, let's listen to it together. And then I want to I want to have Pete respond, and my question is going to be does it move the needle? Here is the confrontation.
Speaker 4: Governor, you got a second.
Speaker 8: Governor, Governor, I live here, Governor that was my daughter's school.
Speaker 5: Governor, Please tell me what you're going to do.
Speaker 1: But I'm not gonna hurt on my promise. Literally by the way, they're getting ready to tage this woman, which I guess would have made it worse. But anyway, I continue.
Speaker 8: Talking to the president right now to specifically answer the question of what we can do for you and your daughter.
Speaker 1: Can I hear it?
Speaker 2: Can I hear your call?
Speaker 11: Because I don't believe it.
Speaker 8: I'm sorry. There's literally I've tried five times. That's why I'm walking around to make this.
Speaker 2: Why is the president not taking your call.
Speaker 4: Because it's not going through.
Speaker 1: Why I have to get cell service.
Speaker 2: Let's get it, let's get it.
Speaker 4: I want to be here when you call the president.
Speaker 1: By the way, I'm not going to play the whole thing. Why doesn't Gavin Newsom has sat phone and you can't convince me otherwise by the way his hand, but like in his like.
Speaker 12: They wouldn't deploy him, Yeah, like they wouldn't have deployed into this disaster area without some form of communication for the governor of the state. Like that's not that's just not believable. But note the ease with which he lies, right he says, I'm on the phone right now. Yeah, I'm talking to him right just immediately, I'm talking to him right now. And then when she's like can I listen, and it's like, oh, I'm actually trying to call him, So you're not talking to him right now, and in fact, you can't get self service, and I don't even believe that. So, yeah, just the striking ease that that he lies with. It's I mean It is impressive. I will say that to be able to just you know, shift to an alternate reality that quickly and then when busted, immediately shift to a backup cover story kind of deal. Like, that's impressive.
Speaker 1: It's like the Marble movies now with the multiverse, which just it's gotten tired, man, because it doesn't move the needle. And and because there's a lot of celebrities that are clearly Democrats who are uh you know, are burning up their social media accounts. Karen Bass obviously is a lunatic. She've been a lunatic. So she's been in uh in Congress.
Speaker 12: And and before that she was running trips to Cuba to learn how to be communist revolutionaries.
Speaker 1: Yeah we did. We didn't mention that earlier. And and and the irony and the visual irony of Caruso, the developer who was who lost her in the race because he wasn't bad enough his mall in Pacific Palisades being the only thing standing in that rubble. I mean, what of what of visually striking, Hey, this is this is the guy you could have had things point to La residents say, you know what, maybe we need to check.
Speaker 12: So, yeah, this is the old was it Manking? You know, they're going to get the government that they deserve, good and hard, right, and they're getting it. And what's going to compound the problem is the efforts to rebuild, if they're even allowed to, like, that's going to be a year's long process. These people who have very limited interactions with the governments that they vote for and then virtue signal about and preme you know that they are of high moral standing because they support these radical democrats that have lost sight of their core functions of a local government or a state government, and they added more and more regulations on top of everything. And now it's going to take you three years, four years to rebuild that house. Meanwhile, your property is probably going to be taken over by some homeless people in RVs because they don't go through the government pervating process. I think it's going to be an eye opener, but I don't think it changes. It might, I mean fingers crossed, it might. You know, red pill a lot of people. But I'm you know, I'll believe that when I see it, because I think the the peer pressure component, uh is so great. Now, maybe you know, if you've seen Adam Carolla talk about, uh, this the the level of regulation necessary to get stuff. He talked about a double hull requirement for a pool to be installed. They made, they made some Hollywood actor put two holes into the pool, like on the like. So you've got a pool within a pool. Basically in case the first one leaks, then the pool of water doesn't go into the ground water.
Speaker 1: If there's one thing they hate in the static, the state of California, you'd say, to do where you dig a hole and contain water in it, that's.
Speaker 12: True, they do block a lot of that stuff. Yeah, so and and I again, I don't know. I would like to think that this would be an eye opener, but uh, I don't. I don't understand. Uh some of the I mean this is remember that old audio clip I think it was out of Austin, Texas at the time, where a voter was, you know, like a person on the street interview was after some sort of a referendum on some public referendum on spending for building new arts or or sports things or whatever, and she said, I voted for every single thing, and now I can't even afford to live here, right, Like that kind of disconnect, I don't know how you how you beat that if they cannot associate the kind of profligate spending with the and the DEI stuff and the focus on all things that aren't core services that distract like that's you know, it's distracting the local governments from their core missions by doing all of these other things. And I don't know if the people that are applauding and egging on government to do all of those other things, I don't know if it breaks through that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and now and then you have to fix Blain right, and of course we went you know that old climate change right, let's go Republicans well, and then and then yes, CNN yesterday among others, was it's Elon Musk and Donald Trump beat me because they're tweeting stuff. Permilla jal. I never know how Yeah, she she blamed McDonald's yesterday.
Speaker 12: Apparently I saw, yeah, I saw somebody. Could they call this the the r c i P the republic or ri i c P the Republican in Closest Proximity Rule? Yeah, yeah, Jarvis, Yeah, and it's true. And then of course he says, if there are no Republicans like like we're seeing in LA where it's the mayor's Democrat, right, all local government's Democrat, the state's Democrat, and you've got a Democrat president. There isn't a Republican in closest proximity. So then you do the hypothetical republican, which is it would have been so much worse if hypothetically Donald Trump was the president. This would be worse.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely, yeah, they're like, what are they saying. Oh, he was threatening to cut off funding for disaster. No, he was saying that if you're not going to use the fire dollars to mitigate fires, then he shouldn't give you mitigating fire dollars. That's what he said. It's very very clear here. No, it's uh, it's it is sheer lunacy out there.
Speaker 12: And I did.
Speaker 1: I have relatives out there still, and I talked to and I talked to one of my cousins just and I admit it. My cousin is he's a Democrat man, but he's not one of the you know, the mean ones. He's just that's how he is. So we'll have conversations and he'll say it and I always forget too, because he's a military dude. I'm like, oh, Yeah, that's right. He's so red pilled right now. He's so red pilled. Right he lives up nor in Ventura, north of La There. He's so red pilled right now. It's crazy.
Speaker 12: Well that's I mean, that's encouraging. And by red pills, I don't mean you know, Republican no a line now, right, just just open eyes, open to to the way that these regulatory burdens affect people. And the way that I said the other day, I think it was Monday. Bad policy, bad politics, and bad priorities. That's what we that's the culmination of it. They deprioritize their core function missions and they gave higher priority to things that do not matter. When when you have failed to do the core mission, there is no other reason for a fire department except to do this, and when you focus their attention on other things, this is what suffers.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and again I'm going to keep watching. We got just about forty five seconds, so we'll have to end it here. But look, the disaster that struck western North Carolina and the disaster that struck Los Angeles is striking. Los Angeles are different for a lot of fundamental reasons. Population density and proximity and all. And I will readily admit that, but it is undeniable where the priority is.
Speaker 12: And it's right, Well, they didn't CNN did not send Cooper Anderson or Anderson Cooper or whatever. They did not send him to Western North Carolina. ABC did not send David Muir with his clothes spinned Sarkilinton. Yeah, they didn't send They didn't send them to Western North Carolina. And I think that is indicative of the double standard.
Speaker 1: Absolutely. Well, maybe if Western North Carolinians would just have six million dollar mansions, this wouldn't happen. I got a roll, Thank you sir, and thank you one of the one of the women over at ESPN are formerly of ESPN. Doesn't matter the and it said California is burning and all Trump wants to do is rename the Gulf of Mexico. And it's one of those where that is where there's like six different Rando accounts that all tweeted the same thing. So I guess that's the new talking point. This goes back to the lack of critical thinking. Let me this like, let me give you some of the Golf of Mexico. Ross, how do you feel about the Gulf of Mexico name and you just think it's humorous. Do you think it's good?
Speaker 12: Bad?
Speaker 1: I mean, where where's your head out on this?
Speaker 2: Or is it?
Speaker 1: Inconsequentially?
Speaker 2: I think it's funny.
Speaker 1: It's funny, but it really doesn't. This is what people don't understand and this is why the media can get you. You know that what you call something isn't what everyone else calls it.
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: You realize you realize that rossa what country?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: Twice attempted to take over Europe dominate the world and was led in part by a failed artist from Austria. What country is that? Do you know that?
Speaker 2: That is probably?
Speaker 1: That is not Germany? That is Alamannia. That is Deutschlen how dare you right? But we call Germans called it Deutschland is what most of the.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but we call it Germany, but we call it Germany.
Speaker 1: Absolutely? What What country do you live in? Buddy? What country do you live in? Ross?
Speaker 2: The United States?
Speaker 1: No, I'm sorry, there is a status anitos or beautiful country? Would you translate? That's what the Chinese call and that's what Japan and Korea, well Korea does Korea and China refer to the US as beautiful country that is literally what they call us. What was the what was that country we dropped those two atomic weapons on back in the forties. Do you know what country that was?
Speaker 2: And that would be a Japan That's a Nihon or.
Speaker 1: Nippon, which is what the Japanese call their own damn country. We call it Japan. This is where the lack of critical It doesn't matter what you call the Gulf. So if Trump and the mayor of or the president of Mexico with her stupid map and they want to go back, I think it's funny. I don't even have anything against the President of Mexico. I want I expect her to do that, but I expect her to clown Trump back.
Speaker 2: Yeah, seeing all these reactions from these countries like Australia and the EU and taking these actually lawful measures to make sure these things don't happen, it makes me giggle because I don't think they're gonna happen anyway. Like when I hear him say, oh, we're gonna take Greenland or Canada.
Speaker 1: I think there's a real possibility that we try to buy Greenland, that we try to buy it, I think, But.
Speaker 2: I guess I don't care one way or the other. Yeah, and I just I consider I see it as trolling. But I mean, if it were to happen, okay, but it's not like I'm sitting here going, man, I really wish we could get that. I mean, I don't.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry. What was the other country you mentioned when you're in your statement there? What is it AUS? What was it US?
Speaker 2: What Australia?
Speaker 1: Yeah, oh, I'm sorry, you mean sunburn or Lucky? What's your on names? If people call Australia and other parts of the world officially. This is the stupidity of this. So it then to like pile it on to the why the fire, why the fire response is bad because trumps What are you even talking about? I don't know if you know this California not on the Gulf of Mexico.
Speaker 2: The reaction that's been driving me nuts is you see people now on the left, like Chuck Schumer and stuff, going, oh, well, you know he's talking about getting these these countries or whatever, where he should be focusing on or I saw Eric Swa will do this. He should be focusing on lowering the cost of groceries and inflation. Where it's like dude, what was the Inflation Reduction Act supposed to do? Wasn't didn't you already solve that, buddy.
Speaker 1: You know how cheap groceries are on a in a grocery store that's on fire.
Speaker 2: It's a good point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and your food's already ready, so you got that for you.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, it's the the the the deflection is absolutely off the charts. But it's just little little things, and and some of it comes from people don't know that because you kind of think within your own bubble, like I didn't. I didn't know Japan didn't call itself Japan. Well, you know, instinctively, I remember learning that and going, oh, that makes sense, that makes sense. Ireland is Orlandia, if you is what most of the world calls Ireland in the West or in the Western Hemisphere. Yeah, Orlandia, anglic Terra is England, Alamannia, Germany and onward and upward. So Italy though everyone kind of calls it Italy. I don't know why that is, probably because it's where the best chefs are, as we pointed out on the show. So yeah, sitting there and putting tweets out like that is, but you're not doing it. I want to thank you screwing yourself for future elections. But Gavin new remember they tried to recall Gavin news and he almost got recalled and then he got elected, re elected with more votes than he's ever gotten. So the attention span on people is very minim very minimal. So like the fact that the fires didn't happen in proximity to an actual election probably means they're gonna be okay. But like I said, you got celebrities out there, like who is a Sarah Michelle Geller, City of LA. You want everyone to evacuate, You have complete gridlock and not a single traffic cop on the roads helping. Well, you know what I want you to remember that, Sarah Michelle Geller, the next time you get invited to a Gavin Newsom fundraiser in Brentwood, Okay, don't go. Don't give him any money. This is simple stuff. This is easy stuff. It's why on this radio show we clown politicians and politicians of all stripes. I could make fun of Tom Tillis for three hours every day, fifteen hours a week and be perfectly fine with it because the guy's a clown. I could mock Josh. You know, Josh Stein, you're one of the most silver spoon NEPO baby politicians in the state of North Carolina who's been elevated to the Governor's office. Governor's short round is we're calling him until I think of something better all day. I'm going to share a story, by the way, because nobody's Ross knows this story because the person who he said it to is no longer working for the company. So I'll share this story. Do you know? Do you know Josh teyn came into the radio studio one day as for something else. He was here for something else. He did not for not with me or Ross or anybody. He met with, met with some other folks for some other stuff. It was around, you know, campaign stuff and spending and all that. And the comment he made to one of our colleagues was, boy, that Casey effing hates me is the quote that I heard. And he's starting to just kind of chuckle, which is actually a very human response. I thought it was very funny. But to that, I say, I don't have to and I hope that the things that you came and laid out that you're going to do are are helpful for western North Carolina. Forgive me if I have some trepidation watching your inability to criticize what were clearly flawed mechanisms of giving relief to the people you're now the governor over because you didn't want to. You would have had to criticize your own party. I think that that is a moral failing on your part. And I hope it gets better, and I hope I'm wrong, and I hope that you know as you govern and as you do the things that you do and we meet these challenges that you're acting in a way that is, even if it's not always the best way, your intentions are there to be better. That's what I expect. And the difference is I don't forget, whereas in California, I think the Sarah Michelle Gellers of the world, who else was criticized and just a there's a bunch in this article here, I don't forget and talk to your friends at your Golden Globe party or whatever, your giant adrenachrome orgy or what you know, wherever you're gonna go this week and just be like, this is stupid. What are we doing? What are we doing? Let's see Meanwhile, you got. You got like people who have decided. Did you see they were like laughing over the fact that it was it wasn't accurate. But they're like James Wood's house burned down. That's karma. That was a professor from the journalism school at the University of Missouri. You know them from that crazy woman who tried to get students to go beat up a reporter and then she got fired, but then she got hired by an East Coast university, remember that late, that crazy lunatic lady. That's who you got to break through. You got to break through those people. And even though Sarah Michelle Geller is not the it girl of Hollywood right now, everyone knows who she is. She's probably got some friends. And you get enough of those friends together and maybe you have a real conversation and maybe, just maybe you utilize this platform that you have not to elevate these lunatics, but rather to say no, enough is enough. Man. And if somebody just sent me an email, I was just gonna end on this. Gavin Newsom's probably going to run for president next time, you know that, right, And there is a very high likelihood prior to these fires, I would have said he's gonna be the guy. Now I don't know, and I'm I hope that I don't know, because if they just rubber stamp him in there, you get everything you earn. Like Adam Krola was saying.
Speaker 2: You know, it's a matter of attention span, because in the forty eight hours he's had two big blunders.
Speaker 1: They should if he if he does get the nomination, Republicans should do nothing but run that clip of him talking to that woman.
Speaker 2: What was his other big guy, He's talking to Anderson Cooper about the oh, the water and he sort of puts his hands up and goes, they'll figure it out.
Speaker 1: The locals, he says, locals problem. Yeah, no, yeah, absolutely, I raced agic. He's uh semi local. I do one of our listeners streams of the showdown Atlanta. I sent a picture, you guys, that's rude man.
Speaker 2: He's eating.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 9: I'll probably find one of the meteorologists around here, right.
Speaker 1: So Ro's got a little past a Roker.
Speaker 9: There's a blast from the past. I don't really do much with him anymore, So I don't know if that's good or bet or indifferent. Uh yeah, either way, I'll be big storm anywhere from Atlanta to Birmingham, Nashville getting snow and snow and ice and guess what all a heading in our direction? Good later today, good fun times.
Speaker 11: Yeah.
Speaker 9: So when our storm warning's up, snow and ice coming down, I think right in the heart of the rush hour later, so I'd get out sooner rather than later. I'm worried about the ice a little bit. If we get more freezing rain tonight early tomorrow than anything else, could have way down some tree and power lines. A guide in suggesting that better chance to the east southeast, but still I would at least prep for maybe some spotty power outages. But snow coming in west to east mid to late afternoon through tonight, mixing with sleet and freezing rain by tomorrow morning when it ends, anywhere from one to two inches of snow and ice possible. You know it's gonna be tough to measure that with a waiting down of it, but just be careful with that ice. Again. We may see some icing in some spots too. Augusty wins tomorrow. We do get to the mid forties twenty or near twenty Sunday morning, so maybe some refreezing near forty in the afternoon.
Speaker 1: All right, thank you, sir. We'll stay safe and maybe we'll talk Monday. Okay, all right, we'll see how that goes. We'll be back with Jeff Bellenser next. Hang on, Jeff. Even though nothing happened yesterday, what happened.
Speaker 4: Not a lot yesterday, but some things are happening today.
Speaker 7: We did not get the goldilocks employment report that Wall Street wanted. Job creation was much stronger than expected last month. The Labor Department says two hundred fifty twenty six thousand workers were added to payrolls in December. The nation's on employment rate ticked down to four point one percent. Jobs data suggests the Federal Reserve does not have to worry about the job market, and this supports the view of policymakers they don't have to be in a hurry to announce the next interest rate cut. So the stock market futures are lower ahead of the Friday session. S and P futures down fifty one points. Nasdaq futures are down two hundred and twenty five, the Dow futures down two hundred and fifty five. Delta Airlines Walgreens both checked in this morning with.
Speaker 4: Quarterly results that were better than expected.
Speaker 7: A big deal is in the works in the energy sector, with Constellation Energy agreeing to buy Calpine Corporation for nearly sixteen and a half billion dollars. The tragic wildfires in Los Angeles have caused huge economic losses. ACU Weathers estimates run as high as one hundred and fifty billion dollars that would rank among the most costly natural disasters in modern US history.
Speaker 4: Macy's planning to close dozens of stores.
Speaker 7: The retailer says sixty six of its department stores will be shuttered as part of its old New Chapter strategy. There are no North Carolina stores on the closing list, and the case officials of Target, including directors and several executives, are facing a shareholder's lawsuit. The plaintiffs say they were misled about the risks of the ill fated twenty twenty three pride campaign, which triggered immediate backlash from customers.
Speaker 1: Casey, well, I'm sorry, I don't zone over which company was that last story?
Speaker 4: It was Target? Target department stores?
Speaker 1: How did the thing was so on the radar? Was it bud Light investors going to sue too? I guess we'll see. So you know what's crazy is I just realized Elon musk networth is more than the damage in California. Really well, you said, what one hundred and fifty billion or up to up to one hundred up too, and he's I think his market, his work. I know it's not money on hand, but it's like twion two hundred and twenty billion or something, so right with the toy of companies and then what he's worth. Oh okay, all right, well, thank you very much, sir.
Speaker 4: Do appreciate Okay, sir, I have you have a good weekend to talk to you on Monday.
Speaker 1: All right, sounds good. There you go, Jeff Bellinger, I was just rambling out for no reason because somebody's got to listen.