Speaker 1: Tsybud.
Speaker 2: This is the seventy seven w ABC Mini cast. Tony layled it a load in on me? Hey, layieled it a love in on me?
Speaker 1: Was that? And Key Bruce?
Speaker 2: Hi, Tony Orlando, Hi, my friend? How I So where in the world are you now? I can't keep up with you.
Speaker 1: I'm sitting next to my daughter Jenny Rose in her automobile in Branson, Missouri, listening to the best radio show on the planet Earth.
Speaker 2: Hi Jenny Brucy, Hi, Hi sweetie, Okay, I remember you well? Let me tell you you're part of my life.
Speaker 1: You're I know you're always part of mine too.
Speaker 2: I know you're in my birthday book.
Speaker 1: That was cousin Brucy the day you were born, gets Radiss. I guess what everybody know? Tony Landa just had a baby girl.
Speaker 2: But it was somebody else involved too, right, It wasn't only your Randy. Absolutely good. So where are you guys off to? What are you doing?
Speaker 1: Well? Believe it or not, Jenny's picking up Uh. She loves Indian food, So we're picking up some Indian food to take back home. Listening to you in the car having a good, good life.
Speaker 2: Rucie isn't that, you know, Tony? That makes me so happy when you say that. Good, good, Jenny. Make sure he enjoys life a little bit. Only does his work work work, work, work, work, work, work work. We're good. Yeah, So, Tony, I understand that you and I are going to be in a small ring again.
Speaker 1: I'm looking forward to it. I'm looking for and I know that Lee's going to be there. Wood and Lee and I have been friends many you know, I know Lee Agreen with since he was he was working the lounges in Las Vegas. About him and he was a sax player and one of the best sax players ever.
Speaker 2: By the way, is that right? I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: Oh god, yes, he not only is a great songwriter artist. But man, let me tell you somethinge I hope he could play the sacks at the gallow that we're going to be doing.
Speaker 2: Well, maybe I'll ask him, you know, I can run up and maybe one of us can run up and ask ask the guy with the sacks if we can borrow it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's awesome.
Speaker 2: How do you like that? Well? You two? I mean, you mentioned Lee green Wood, you mentioned Tony Orlando, you mentioned two of the greatest patriotic songs that we've had in how many years, eight hundred years or something.
Speaker 1: I don't know, a long time, Lucy, when you analyze it, really urban Berlin, God bless you know, Goderica. So that's a hundred years ago.
Speaker 2: Now wait a minute, woo woah, wooh, whoo are you serious? One hundred years?
Speaker 1: Let's go back, if you go back to nineteen twenties, what would that be?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Hey, I'm still figuring out what three and three years? You know. Let me go on hundred years.
Speaker 1: One when you and I first met. Yeah, that's sixty five years ago.
Speaker 2: Wow. Is that amazing? Yeah? You just don't think of music, say Irving, Berlin or any kind of recorded music being one hundred years old. Wow, is it?
Speaker 1: Boy?
Speaker 2: I'll tell you it's going fast. Huh ooh these years ago fast?
Speaker 1: You know when Lee wrote that, little did we know, both of us, that we would be part of something very special for the country, Because no one has I don't think ever inspired a country more than Lee's God Blessed the USA, and certainly Larry Brown and Earl Levian who wrote Yellow Ribbon to Welcome Home. Not only are Iranian hostages in nineteen forty seven years ago, but also our bodubs a Vietnam voting allow us at every military soldier since then. So really, these these guys, Lee Greenwood, Arba Lebene, Larry Brown, they really did write two of the greatest I think patriotic songs in the last hundred years.
Speaker 2: Did you when you first heard the Yellow Ribbon? Did you know that there was something going along there? Did you have a feeling, because you know you have a very sensitive character, all right, did you know that there was something special about that tune? That song? No no I did did not.
Speaker 1: No. As a matter of fact, I didn't think it would be a hit because I think I said, I just come off knock three times. They think that's a novelty song. Now it's tying of a ribbon around the tree. I didn't see it. I really didn't see it until just before about to cut the album. I couldn't stop singing the chorus. Well, tie, you couldn't stop. So I called Hank Medras, the producer, and I said, listen, if you we record this, would you mind making sure that Telma of Dawn and Joys of Dawn Records Solos I just don't want them to be background singers. And that was a bargaining ship for me to have these sing solos. That's what that was to me. But God had a plan for me, like always, for something else. That became a signature hit for me, certainly a homecoming song for our military and those who have been kidnapped.
Speaker 2: That's a great story. You always have you, You know, your your life is like a story book, but it's real. It's not a novel, it's real life. Good for you, my friends. Oh, we've been blessed having you in our lives. And I've been blessed having you in my life. Tody too. Tody's shaking her head to you, which is good. So tonight, what's happening on me?
Speaker 1: My girl?
Speaker 2: Her birthday is this coming Wednesday? By the way, Tony, birthday to you.
Speaker 1: Happy birthday to you, Happy birth day, dear Jody, Happy birthday to you, and many more.
Speaker 3: Honey you what.
Speaker 2: Tony, honey? How many people does ever have Tony Orlando singing your personal life birthday message? My birthday's in October. No, no, don't start now later, okay, Tony, what's happening tonight on the on the program well, you know, we.
Speaker 1: Both realized that. Of course in the sixties the British invasion, but we were What we forgot is that there was another invasion. It was girl power. If you analyze the sixties, you will see everyone from the Cherelle's to the Ramets to the Sweet Inspirations. They dominated the charts even during the British invasion. So tonight it's girl power. And as my guest I have is Stelle Brown, who is one of the Sweet Inspirations who had that different inspiration and also did all the backgrounds and all singing with Elvis all those years.
Speaker 2: That's gonna be fun. I love the girl groups, you know. It's every time I say girl groups, I almost hesitate because I don't know if Jodie's going to be set by saying, you know, the women, the ladies that like the word girls some of them. But they but we we don't mean anything by that, right, I mean, there's nothing negative. It was what we call them. They were girl groups and they were what girls they were? Oh boy, were they something.
Speaker 1: Had Runnetts. You had the Angels, remember that?
Speaker 2: Oh sure, sure, yeah sure.
Speaker 1: And when you when you asked me when I come on the show. What song I should play? What do you think of this? Grucie? Would you say that? Be my baby? LAANX, says one of the queens of that period of time in terms of girl cooks the runnets.
Speaker 2: Well, let me tell you, if there was ever a map and somebody planned girl groups, that would be right on the map, and that would be the prototype. Absolutely you introduce you, my friend, Love you, Tony, and I'll see you on the eleventh, See you on the eleventh.
Speaker 1: God bless you, Tody. Hey, everybody, this is it Ronnie and the ron ask the girl Powa groops of the sixties with be my baby, and.
Speaker 3: I greeve that I know dy you so.
Speaker 4: Never let you go?
Speaker 3: So well, thank you love me.
Speaker 4: So we'll make you turn their heads every teleast we go and leave.
Speaker 3: You say be t me baby, and I think you happy. Baby. Just wait an see whatever can you give me. I'll give you a free Oh today, my sy.
Speaker 4: I have been waiting for you.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: I put to you.
Speaker 4: To turn up no one thing by my baby. Say baby next.
Speaker 3: Day, Amen, babies.
Speaker 2: Same, I love him. That's Tony Orlando. Everybody, We're gonna be together. We have were our gala, our big gala coming up on the eleventh and Chippreos. Maybe they'll let me eat this time. I don't know that John doesn't do him feed me something. He always thinks keeping me hungry. But I had a hot dog once there, and Jody loves the food. Everybody raves about the steak and steak there, and John certainly feeds himself well and Margo and everything. But they sort of forget because and give me a hot dog. But you know something not a bad thing, because if you feel hungry, you know, if you do a better job. I swear if you go into a show, Let's take this really, If you go and do a show, and you can ask Tony or anybody who's a performer, and you are full, not the way to do a show. You want to go in there feeling, you know, a little hungry, which is good, ladies and gentlemen. I'm looking forward to It's going to be a great night with Lee and Tony