Speaker 1: Two hundred and fifty years of American liberty, Ruger's two hundred and fifty ofth the Anniversary series limited production firearms marked for a milestone moment in history. Own a piece of it.
Speaker 2: While you still can upgrade your.
Speaker 3: Optic with Hollison where innovation meets precision.
Speaker 2: With fifty thousand hours of battery life, shake awake.
Speaker 4: Technology and a solar failsafe, your optic is always ready when you are Hollosen confidence in every shot.
Speaker 5: He was the first and he's still the best. For thirty years, Tom Gresham has been your trusted source on all things Mollistic, new guns, Second Amendment, personal protection, deep part of it. Paul, Tom Talk Gun Now. Here's Tom.
Speaker 6: Welcome again to another edition of gun Talk. I am Tom Gresham, your host. We're going to be talking about an awful lot of things today. Some news that has been breaking, some interesting things, some controversies on the internet. I mean, people are just losing their minds over a thing with Staccato, the Fire's company. And then we're going to be talking about some cool gear as well. A lot of things going on. I'm just telling you to be fair. We're in the middle of some of this and some of the information we have is fresh, it's new and maybe not quite complete. Okay, fair enough, all right, So here's what's going on. About a week ago in Texas, Judge Wesley Hendick Hendricks of the US District Court for the Northern District of Texas held that the National Firearms Act as NFA it's registration and approval requirements for suppressors, short barrel rifles, and short barrel shotguns exceeded Congress's constitutional authority after Congress eliminated the NFA transfer tax on those things. So remember in the one Big Beautiful Bill, we got the tax reduced to zero on suppressors, short barrel rifles and short barrel shotguns, and some people said that it's not enough. Everybody said, just wait, wait, wait, wait, it's a building block system. Once we get rid of the tax, we can go back and say, hey, you know what NFA was actually a tax. It's a registration based on a tax, and now that there's no tax, probably there shouldn't be an NFA registration requirement. Well that's exactly what happened. So the judge ruled that, yeah, under that provision, not a second AMENDMIC case it's a tax case. You cannot require the registration of suppressor's shortbear rifles and shortbail shotguns. So he put that order in on August the fifth, but he put a pause on it, called a stay.
Speaker 2: He said, for a week.
Speaker 6: This injunction is not going to go into effect, to allow the government, the Department of Justice, ample time to come in and file an appeal on the stay. Well, that week went by, the clock was ticking, everybody was watching, and the government decided not to appeal the stay. This is important, not just the stay. They still have the ability to appeal the decision for another sixty days, but by not appealing this stay, then the injunction goes into effect. And so as of that moment, when the clock hits zero at midnight, you can buy suppressors in a number of states without the Form four, without asking permission of the government. You just go into a store and buy it. It's treated as a firearm. You do a forty four seventy through the background check, and I'm guessing in states where your constial carry permit functions for that you don't even have to submit the background check. You to show your constille carry permit and walk out with a suppression that's not registered to the federal government. So that's what was going on, and it is a big deal. I mean it's a huge deal. Look, the NFA, the National Farms Actor, has been in effect for ninety two years and now at least for these things in some states, for some people it's gone. Well what do I mean by those limitations, Well, the states still have state laws about suppressors. Those laws still apply, so you've got to know what the laws are in your state. Also, this order does not apply to everybody in the United States through America. It applies only to the members of the organizations that file the lawsuits, actually two lawsuits combined. Ryan was able to grab an interview with Dave Mathindi from Silencer's shop.
Speaker 2: They were one of the plaintiffs.
Speaker 6: And understand that this interview took place like hours after this all went into effect, and so it was all very fresh and there may be a couple of things in this interview. They're not quite up to snuff and we're learning more about it. Let me just say this on the front end. If you are a member, either past or present or future, you can join right now and be covered under this a member of the Gun Owners of America, the Citizens Committee for the Rights Keeping Bare Arms, or the Texas State Rifle Association, then you are covered under this, and you can go into the store and just buy a silencer without any of the federal stuff. No tax stamp, no fingerprints, no photographs. Just buy the thing and walk out the door.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 6: So that's what's going on. It's huge news, but it's developing news. The one thing I would say is, don't rush out until you have figured out exactly if you are covered under this, and there will be gun stores you're going to say, you know, I'm not gonna do this yet until I get some more guidance from the ATF. I get it, I understand it. It makes sense. Here's that interview that Ryan got with Dave Metheenie from Silencer Shop a couple of days ago.
Speaker 3: All Right, welcome in.
Speaker 4: This is a special one because there is news breaking and you guys want to know about it. So we've got kind of like from the horse's mouth. We've got Dave Methini from Silencer Shop. You're the CEO, Dave. You guys, is like the NFA done, you sue the government one I mean, everyone's going, what the hell's going on right now?
Speaker 3: I mean, just give us the quick update.
Speaker 7: Yeah, seriously, you summed it up. Mostly we did win. NFA is not done. This is a step, but it's for a lot of people. It's the step that matters, no more registration to the end customer. In a lot of cases, not all, but a lot of people are covered under this.
Speaker 4: You guys kind of brought this about because when the two hundred dollars tax stamp went away, it was kind of like, wait a minute, what are we registering that we've.
Speaker 3: Paid a zero dollar tax for? And so I guess where are we at today?
Speaker 4: Because as of twelve oh one am, you guys, I mean, I'll let you tell, what did you guys do at twelve oh one am?
Speaker 7: Seriously that it was the first transferred legal transfer, i should say, of unregistered silencers in over ninety years.
Speaker 8: Honestly, it was super fun, a ton of energy. It was a lot of fun. Twelve oh one hand those cans to those guys.
Speaker 7: And normally I'm like, I'm one to sit in the back and let other people do all this stuff.
Speaker 8: I was like, man, I want to be part of this. This is history, right? It was a lot of fun.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so this is basically silencer shop transferred some silencers just using a forty four to seventy three?
Speaker 8: Is that how you did it exactly? Just treated it just like a firearm?
Speaker 3: Okay?
Speaker 4: So is that I guess here's the big question for people listening, is that how it is going forward?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 4: Can people just run out and you know, pick out a silencer and run a background check and walk out with it?
Speaker 7: For a lot of people, absolutely that is actually the case. But there you have to keep in mind this is an injunction and the judge who was not allowed to issue a nationwide injunction, so you had the sets of the limits on it. The limits in this case are actually pretty broad. A lot of people are covered, but the main points are is GOA members fract members.
Speaker 8: It's not one hundred percent clear if that's.
Speaker 7: Any member or members that were members as of the date of the injunction. That's something that we're clarifying and that I'm hoping that goes to all GA members because that would actually mean all you have to do is join the GA and you're in and I'll tell you what I just want to throw out there GA. They are awesome support GA no matter what right. But the also if you're a GOARA a FRACT member. A FRACT applies more to companies. If you're buying a silencer code or a B and T suppressor, those are actually covered. So in those two cases you don't have to worry about this. If you're a silencer shop customer or a Palmetto State Armory customer. So if you're buying from US, Palmetto State or one of our dealers who bought it from us, you're covered. So that's the that's crazy to me to think that that's how.
Speaker 8: This is written.
Speaker 7: There are fifteen states that are excluded from this, so that's where you have to be kind of careful, and some states you would not expect, like Georgia for example, if you live in Georgia, you're covered under the injunction, but state law.
Speaker 8: Says if you don't register with a Form four you're a felon. Because of that.
Speaker 7: In Georgia and a fourteen other states fifteen total, you have to register using a Form FOAR.
Speaker 4: Still, if your state has their own set of regulations, that still applies, and so you're going to still have to go through those regulations.
Speaker 3: There's hopes. I have some questions that have come up.
Speaker 4: A lot of people are asking questions, can someone make his own silence for today without filling out a form?
Speaker 7: Seriously, if you're if you were in one of the states where you can do that, where you're not one of these fifteen states, and you're goa member, right, then yes, you have to be in a protected class for this to be in effect.
Speaker 8: Right, that is a critical piece of this.
Speaker 3: Explain that part, Dave.
Speaker 8: This isn't a blanket injunction. It covers it's a huge protected class, but it only covers people in that protected class.
Speaker 7: Like I said, Gooa, frack uh salncer Co, B and T silencers, buy from silencer Shop, buy from Palmetto State Art. Those are your protected classes. So it's a they're broad protected classes. But it's not one hundred percent right. That's that's why I've been saying over and over again, this isn't one hundred percent when right. This is a step, but we'll get there, We'll get to one hundred percent.
Speaker 4: What about private sales of silencers? I mean, because I live in Louisiana, you can you can sell a gun to someone privately without running a background check. If my uncle wanted to buy a gun from me, you know, he gives me money, I give him a gun, and it's done because he's not.
Speaker 3: A prohibited person. Is that the case for silencers for people?
Speaker 7: Actually no, And that's a case that's explicitly excluded. So if you have let's say, you go to your dealer, you buy the silencer on a forty four seventy three, so that comes out of the registry. At that point, the silencer is no longer registered. That you cannot sell that silencer to somebody else unless you put the silencer back into the registry. So that's a case that is, like I said, explicitly not covered.
Speaker 8: That's right.
Speaker 7: There's going to be some confusion here, right, There's this is a it's not a blanket.
Speaker 8: Everybody's covered. It is not that and.
Speaker 7: ATF is going to have some stuff to define, especially on that private side.
Speaker 4: There is still a lot that has to be worked out, right. I Mean everyone's kind of gone, well, let's we're just free and clear, let's go do our thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, what should people do today?
Speaker 4: Should we all wait until we get guidance from the ATF? I mean, what do you think that what's the advice for people right now?
Speaker 8: Seriously?
Speaker 7: If it for me personally, and this is me putting myself just watching what I've seen in legal stuff, I feel like this is like freedom Week, right, if a stay were to be reissued, if this were to be like just somebody put the cabash on this, I buy before that happens, right, That's I'm not saying it's going to happen. I had no indication that it's going to do. I would want it, I'd register, can't. I mean, that's just me personally. I think it's awesome.
Speaker 4: What about short barrel rifles, short barrel shotguns, any other weapons?
Speaker 3: How do those apply in this case?
Speaker 7: Yeah, short borrow shotguns, short brow rifles pretty much the exact same conditions as the silencers. Accept it's twenty two states where you can't buy them, whereas with silencers is fit boon.
Speaker 8: It's just state laws. The way state laws are interacting with this. If they had been and this.
Speaker 7: Is actually a weird upside of this, if they had been completely deregulated, then silencers would would become illegal in those states. So we would have fifteen states where silencers are now illegal completely, and we would have twenty two states where SBRs are now illegal completely. So this injunction at least gives people a route and we're trying to get these state laws fixed. I mean, this is like priority number one and it has been since spotched year.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a lot of steps to this, and it's not like you kind of just pointed out. It's not as simple and straightforward sometimes because there's kind of like dominoes that have to fall and there's kind of consequences of this. It's like, Okay, on a forty four to seventy three, one of the things you fill out is it a rifle? Is it a handgun? You know, is this an other now on a forty four to seventy three, or does the form have to be updated.
Speaker 8: It's another firearm. That part we'll get on.
Speaker 7: The dealers do have to run a background check, so just like it were any other firearm, Okay, this is the update.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's kind of a little bit of like, yes, we've got freedom, yes, but there are protected classes. There are certain retailers and manufacturers that are kind of covered underneath this right now. Obviously, the goal is to expand it out, so we've have complete and total freedom with this thing that we should have had for a long long time.
Speaker 3: But amazing news. Amazing news.
Speaker 2: All right, that's good information.
Speaker 6: But as I say, it was put out very early on, right after this decision was well went into effect. There's going to be more developing. We'll have more for you as we go forward. Go online, follow me on X I will have a lot of information. Because it's breaking. You don't want to get crosswise with the law on this. But at the same time, this is huge. It is freedom. It is ninety two years of having our gun rights quashed and now we are removing a lot of those. This is what progress looks like. We'll be right back.
Speaker 9: For generations. Cults battle prove and rifles ever in the trust of those who defend our nation. The cult in five car being continues that experience with a true free floating barrel system, enhanced ambidexter's controls and reinforce durability for long term performance from military, law enforcement and hobbyists alike. The M five delivers the reliability professionals and enthusiasts demand. Visit your local cult stocking dealer and experience the cult M five car. Being colt, proven, trusted ready.
Speaker 10: Owning, shooting and carrying firearms is your responsibility. Range Ready Studios offers gun training classes taught by top level instructors with real world experience. Range Ready delivers basic and advanced classes for pistol and rifle. We also offer a lady's only handgun course. All these training classes at range Ready prepare you to use your gun and win the fight. Find us at rangereadystudios dot com to learn more.
Speaker 11: Looking for more accuracy, start with the trigger. Timmy Triggers has been providing precisions since nineteen forty six, with over one hundred and seventy trigger models for bolt guns, ars, handguns, and more. Designed to deliver a crisp, clean break and built to withstand even the harshest conditions, Timney Triggers gives you confidence when it matters. Most probably made in the USA and backed by a lifetime warranty. It's no wonder shooters have trusted Timney for eighty years. Upgrade your setup today at Timneytriggers dot com.
Speaker 12: Ever, spend twenty minutes scrolling and still can't find something worth watching. Stop searching, Start watching shooting sports Life brings you endless shooting content from legendary firearms to today's newest innovations. Watch competitions, self defense, history, hunting, precision, shooting, personalities, and exclusive originals, all free watch on your smart TV, phone or online. Visit Shooting SportsLife dot Com Shooting Sports Life where freedom is a lifestyle.
Speaker 1: Ruger Our Exam self defense focused. When things go sideways, your gear better go forward. The Ruger OURXAM is built for real world defense. Simple, intuitive and ready when you are with a flat phase trigger for cons systant control, excellent ergonomics and reliability. You can bet your life on. The RXAM makes no excuses. One of Ruger's most versatile and modular designs, the RXAM is ready because when it's go time, you won't have time.
Speaker 2: All right.
Speaker 6: You can weigh in on this. If you want to give me a shout, just call me a Tom Talk gun. Honestly, this is one of the biggest times we've ever had in reclaiming our Second Amendment rights. This is such a big deal with the judge striking down portions of the National Firearms Act. The National Firearms Act is ninety two years old. We've been fighting this for ninety two years. For those who said, well I want it all.
Speaker 2: I want it now. It takes time, and.
Speaker 6: Yeah, none of us wants it to take take time. We certainly didn't want it to take ninety two years. But this is the result of saying we will never quit, we will never stop, we will never give an inch, and we push push, push, and we spend our money. We've got to dig into our own pockets to fund this because we don't have any billionaires like Michael Bloomberg funding this stuff. If you have been watching this online, if you've been talking to your buddies, because I mean, the phone's been burning up. Everybody I know in the business is getting calls saying, well, can I buy a suppressor now without doing the registration?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Maybe for a lot of people, yes, for some people absolutely not.
Speaker 2: And you got to know the difference.
Speaker 6: If you are in one of those fifteen states that has state laws are prohibit it, no, you cannot. You still have to do the form for assuming you can even own a suppressor at all, And in some states you cannot. In other states you can buy a suppressor without the fingerprints, without the photograph, without the registration, without the form four without saying mother, may I probably, but you have to be buying from one of the named plaintiffs, soiunce for shop Palmina State Armory. Or you could be a member of one of the plaintiffs. These groups, the Gunners of America, the Texas I mean it's a Texas Rifle Association. I'll have to look that up. And the Citizens Committee for the Right Keeping of your Arms. A lot of people are leaving out that last one for fifteen bucks. You can join the Citizens Committee for one hundred and fifty bucks. You can get a life membership. Good group. They're actually doing a combo deal. You can get a Citizens Committee membership along with the Second Amendment Foundation. Put them both together for twenty five bucks. Put you into the class. And people say, well have but I wasn't a member when this was doesn't matter. It's current and future current and future members, so.
Speaker 2: You yeah.
Speaker 6: And Second Memdbent Foundation was not one of the parties on these cases, So being a member of SAF does not include you, and it doesn't make you part of this group. SAF is a party to other lawsuits because there are other lawsuits challenging the same thing, and we're waiting for those decisions to come in. So the Citizens Committee, which is a sister group of SAF, it was part of the Jensen case. SAF was not because it's doing some others. NRA was not a party to these, but it was funding them, which is a whole different deal. So they were behind them and pushing them and putting money into them, but not a named party. It gets complicated. I would in Look, a lot of people rushed the stores to buy these. I get it, I understand it. And if your store will sell you one and you are a member of one of these groups, and you don't have to do the paperwork, then buy it. Some people are a little afraid of that and say, well, but what if they change it and want to come back and say, Okay, you were actually not covered. I don't think that's gonna happen. I know there are a lot of gun stores. You say, yeah, I'm not doing this yet. I'm just no, I'm going to file a Form four. If you want to buy a suppressor from me, you got to do a Form four. Why Because they don't have any guidance yet from the ATF. And people say well I shouldn't have to ask permission. No, you shouldn't. You could also say it might be considered foolish to say I'm just going to charge ahead without knowing what the parameters are going to be. We're waiting for ATF's rules on this, they're guidance on this, so we'll see what they say.
Speaker 2: In the meantime.
Speaker 6: I would say that this may be like Freedom Week in California, and maybe you rush out and grab it now, or they slam the door shut, because I don't think they're going to make it retroactive if they change their minds. I also have a little inside information on where the government is going on this in terms of you know, they still have sixty days to appeal. They didn't appeal to stay, but they still have sixty days. I'll give you that when we come back. Also, Soccados stirred up the Internet with its letter dumping half of its mempious dealers.
Speaker 2: And we'll cover that all right. Here's a lot of that going on right now.
Speaker 6: Obviously we have the news about suppressors and SBRs and SBS's and yeah, you don't have to do the paperwork or form register your suppressor, but we might want to hold off on jumping into the deep end on that more details coming. At the same time, there are other things going on, and something blew up on the internet this past week and people are their minds over it, and look, I get it. Sometimes people just really like to be outraged about things at the same time where there's smoke off and there's fire.
Speaker 2: And here's what happened.
Speaker 6: Staccato, the company that makes the twenty elevens a double stack nineteen elevens, send a letter out to a couple of hundred dealers saying you are, as of this moment, cut off.
Speaker 2: You're no longer a dealer.
Speaker 6: Furthermore, not only are you cut off, we're canceling all of your existing back orders, not going to be shipping you any orders. No purchase orders will be accepted. You got to pay off your bill in fifteen days, got to remove all the Staccato branding logos and any references identifying your business as an authorized Stacato dealer. It just hit people wrong, and so I thought, well, you know, why don't we actually talk to the people involved. Awful lot of speculation going on, So I did exactly that. All right, We're fortunate enough to have the co CEO of Staccato with us right now, Buck Pearson, Buck, I appreciate your time. I mean, I know that you're kind of busy right now.
Speaker 13: Well, fortunately I'm busy all the time, so this really isn't abnormal.
Speaker 14: But I appreciate you making the time to allow me to come on.
Speaker 2: You bet well.
Speaker 6: Obviously, Staccato is an aspirational brand. It is a it was a category. Now the category has become very large, making the twenty elevens, the double Stack, ninete elevens. But now you've got locations in Texas and Nevada and you're just getting into all sorts of things. But now we got this letter that went out to dealers, to a whole bunch of dealers basically saying you are cut off as of this moment, you're no longer an authorized Staccato dealer.
Speaker 2: And it goes on and on. What's the story, what's going on here?
Speaker 14: Yeah?
Speaker 13: So the real story is one that this is blown way out of proportion by an angry dealer and it was layered on top of some false statements that were made. Ultimately, what we have done is we want our dealer network to be an extension of our brand. We want our customers when they go into it. A dealer that's a Saccado dealer to have the absolute best possible customer experience they can have, and there's a large percentage of our dealers who are absolutely behind that.
Speaker 14: They have great customer service.
Speaker 13: Our customers who buy guns there call us tell us how great of an experience they had at these places, and they're just a pleasure to work with. Now, those dealers are not all just big, high volume dealers. A large portion of our existing three hundred and fifty remaining dealers are mom and pop.
Speaker 14: Stores that've been with us for a long time.
Speaker 13: There's a lot of medium to kind of larger size stores and dealers mixed in there and well as well. And then there's a lot of very high end, large footprint stores that have their own indoor ranges things like that. But what's unique about our network that we've retained is they all have exceptional customer service. They all believe in the vision of what we're trying to do to make our company not just a handgun company, but really a customer experience company, and they want to be part of it.
Speaker 14: Now.
Speaker 13: I will say that a lot of the dealers that we have removed. Some of them are new ide less than a year. Some of them have been with us for a few years, all sorts of reasons. They don't want to be part of that, and some of them got upset when we remove them, which is okay. They have the right to run their business the way they see fit. And the reality is is that in this day and age on the Internet, anyone can say anything and it's basically you're guilty until you're proven innocent, and the entirety of the Internet will come to the defense of something they think is not fair and do no fact checking on it.
Speaker 14: Okay, I've had a little bit of all of that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I saw the online postings of a gun store and there were some things in there that turned out to not be accurate. But having said that, I'm looking at the letter right now, and you know, honestly, I was to say, I think people who understand business say, look, you are free Estacado to make any changes you want to in your distribution system and do whatever you need to do to your dealer network. At the same time, the comment I'm getting for people is, yeah, you got the right to do that. It's not what you did, it's the way you did it and telling people, Okay, you are, as of this moment no longer a dealer. We're not going to honor your orders, even though you may have placed orders for your customers. We canceled all of your existing back orders. No products are eligible for a return, no new orders will be accepted. You got to take down your branding. It's like these are people who have money on the line, and it sure seems like you pull the rug out from under well.
Speaker 13: And a big piece of this is stuff that we would not go into specifics and name dealers by name, as far as not returning inventory that is part of the dealer contract they signed. So eighty percent of that letter is reiterating things that they knew when they signed the dealer contract to come on board as a dealer. I will say that one of the biggest decisions and who we cut and how outside of customer service reports from individuals calling us, is paying invoices on time. There's a lot of dealers out there that want to use us as a credit union and not pay invoices on time. And I say that because most people don't know this, but we essentially it takes us about eight weeks to make one pistol, So eight weeks of labor, raw materials, shipping everything, right, sure, eight weeks that gun.
Speaker 14: Goes out the door.
Speaker 13: Our dealers, our dealer contractor net thirty terms, so once they receive it, they have thirty days to pay for it. A lot of dealers don't like that, or they want to sell the gun as fast as they can and then use that money to float purchases from other companies, bills or whatever they're going to do and not pay us back. So at any given time, if we have a high percentage of dealers that are not paying on time, we're essentially acting as a credit union with loans out that are outstanding for investments that we've already paid into.
Speaker 14: And that's not good for any business.
Speaker 6: You sure you're not saying that these two hundred dealers that got cut off are all late pay dealerships we have.
Speaker 14: At some point in time. Yes, it is fairly common.
Speaker 13: Now we have dealers that have paid late in the past, that had family issues, or they were closed on a holiday for some reason. Those are normal things and we always work around that. I'll use an example. There is one dealer that has not made a payment since October of last year.
Speaker 6: Why don't you just deal with that dealer instead of cutting off a couple hundred.
Speaker 14: Well, multiple reasons.
Speaker 13: One, all of them that we have cut have either had poor customer service, poor payments, abrasive with our personnel when we call and talk to them, abrasive with our customer service, sales teams.
Speaker 14: All of that, all of them. Yes. The other issue is we have built the business.
Speaker 13: Of the pistol side of our business ahead of schedule, were where we wanted to be.
Speaker 14: It grew much faster than we thought it would be.
Speaker 13: We want to be able to support the dealers that we have in our network at a much greater level.
Speaker 14: Than just shipping them products.
Speaker 13: We want to be holding events there, We want to be doing all these things to help those dealers grow. And a lot of dealers don't want us being involved in that, are having any interactions with the customers that come in their store. So it's a shifting business model really, yeah, and that makes sense.
Speaker 6: And like I said, I don't know of anybody who has a problem with that. It's just honestly, it's just the letter, the tone of the letter. It's like you're a cutoff as of this moment. You may have orders with us that you have taken from a customer, We're going to cut those off as well. In essence, you may be a mom and pop store, but we don't care. I mean, that's what it sounds.
Speaker 14: Like, and it probably could have been warded. That was not the intent of the tone.
Speaker 13: The intent of the tone was taking the parts verbatim out of the dealer agreements have been signed by both parties and restating them so that they understand that this is something they signed. This is the repercussions of not meeting their endo, the agreements and things like that. I don't disagree, it can be misconstrued in the wrong way, and I understand.
Speaker 14: Some people's pushback with that.
Speaker 13: That being said, there's also no dealers on that list that we remove that don't have other dealers in the same local area. It's not like we're pulling things out so people can't find our guns. We're not getting rid of all our dealers so people can only find them on our website. And there's a lot of things that have been said that are just kind of coming from left field and not necessarily true at all.
Speaker 6: Okay, Yeah, I mean, I just i'd look at the dealer network and FFL's out there. You know, the ecosystem of the gun business is not just manufacturer and store. It's also the customers, and it is the feeling of belonging and being part of it. Obviously, that's what you're trying to foster. This same time, there's this and you understand it. There is this danger of pushback, a blowback on the internet. I've seen it before, I mean way back pretty much put Smith and Wesson out the door and under the table. They had to get purchased by somebody else when they blew it online. And I'm just watching this blow up right now and going, man, just they could get bad.
Speaker 13: It could And I think this is going to take a lot of transparency from our side going forward on why we do the things we do. Like I said earlier, you know, airing other businesses dirty laundry is not something we want to do and never will do by name.
Speaker 3: But ultimately, you.
Speaker 14: Have to pick partners who work within a partnership.
Speaker 13: And believe in what you're doing and want to provide the best customer experience they can, And that's who we want to invest our time and effort into not people who generally don't like us, don't have good customer service, don't want to adhere to the contracts they.
Speaker 14: Signed, etc.
Speaker 2: Yeah, where do you go from here?
Speaker 13: Serving the people that we are investing in our dealers that we do have.
Speaker 14: So I'm sure you've seen some of our dealers.
Speaker 13: Have actually come out and made their own post online about how great we are to work with and how they're super happy that we're continuing with them and that there's.
Speaker 14: More to come at their stores.
Speaker 13: What we want to do is be the company that's actually able to support those stores.
Speaker 14: And that takes the right sizing, that takes the right.
Speaker 13: Store from a mindset perspective as far as what they want to provide for their customer, And that takes us proving that what we're saying is true and actually following through and doing that with those dealers, because they'll be the very first ones to come out publicly if we don't support.
Speaker 14: Them the way that we're saying we're going to right now.
Speaker 6: Well, and it all makes sense, I mean, I understand where you're going. It is an aspirational brand. You have established Tocado as a not just a gun company, as you say, but a company that provides experience throughout the whole range of whether it's the fire of itself, the purchasing experience, an experience, on and on. I mean, I will tell you I look at Sicado as being the red bull in terms of marketing and all. I mean, you guys just do a fabulous job. So I get where you're going with this, And I guess this is just a whether you call it a hiccup or a speed bump in the road, I think you know you got to get past this letter and the reaction to it.
Speaker 14: Yep.
Speaker 13: And the other reality too is and I can say this because I started in the SDI days. I've been here for about nine years now. Everyone was very vocal about how we were going to fail because we were starting to do things different back in twenty eighteen and twenty nineteen. Nobody really thought what we said we were going to do we were actually going to do and also be successful a lot. And we have kind of proved that over time, and a lot of people don't like that because.
Speaker 14: They were proven wrong.
Speaker 13: And I see a lot of people in the comments section that I remember seeing in the comment section back in the STI days saying the exact same kind.
Speaker 14: Of things about us, even though they weren't true then either.
Speaker 13: And I think the most important thing we have to do as a company is be transparent and show that we truly mean what we say when it comes to the customer service, customer experience, and supporting our dealer network like they're one of our customers, because ultimately they are who you pick as a dealer is an extension of your brand to brand business like they represent you in the marketplace when you can't be there, and you have to have good partnerships for that to work fair.
Speaker 6: Enough, I mean, and I appreciate you explaining it. I hope you felt like this was a fair representation or a chance for you to explain this to people.
Speaker 13: Absolutely, and thank you for allowing me the time to kind of get the other side of the story a little bit.
Speaker 6: Well, that was an interesting interview. And look, I get it most people are not paying a lot of attention to this, but on the internet this has been blowing up and Staccato r upfolds some feathers. Having said that, I understand this. Staccato came out of a company called STI in Texas and they kind of established they weren't the first double stacked nineteen eleven. Okay, maybe I don't know, maybe Pair of Ordinance was, I'm not sure, but they promoted it, expanded it. It's what people think of when they think of double stacked nineteen elevens. Of course, now you have any number of companies making them. Springfield has them, Kimber has them, Te Sauce has them. I mean, everybody seems like everybody's got them now. And if there's a handgun maker that doesn't have it, they're probably working on it right now. And you can get them anywhere from one hundred thousand bucks to nine thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: You'll pay your money, take a choice.
Speaker 6: Just interesting to see what's going on there, and that the fact that Stacado is repositioning or maybe reinforcing their position in the marketplace with this. So anyway, I'm just going to give them an opportunity to come on and talk about that. Yet other news, as we say, the Department of Justice, that's our US Justice Department officially says that law abiding Americans can carry guns in post offices. In public post offices. The distinction is important because there are some post offices that are in federal buildings where, for instance, you'd have to go in maybe even have to go through security, or they are post offices on military basis and you can't carry there. But if it's generally open to the public, you can now carry in post office. Well what's the big deal up until now? Well, I guess I've had a different interpretation of their regulations. But then again, I didn't want to go put myself in jeopardy of a federal fellon name the post office, and the rigs said you can't carry a gun into a post office except that Actually what it said was except, oh yeah, you could couldn't carry unless it was incident to hunting or other lawful purposes. Well, I have, for twenty five or thirty years interpreted that as other lawful purposes, cause still carry is a lawful purpose. Self protection is a lawful purpose. That's been my position all along. I was hoping I never had to protect myself in court on that. But now the Department of Justice comes out and says, yes, self defense is qualifies as a lawful purpose, and you don't have to be defending yourself in the post office. You just have to be carrying for self defense. And now you are legal to carry into a post office. So for many, many years a lot of us have said, yeah, I got to take our guns off, leave them in the car.
Speaker 2: Don't like to do that.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, And by the way, you can't do that if you've parked in the parking lot of the post office, because that's the property. So you got to go park on the streets somewhere and then come into the post office.
Speaker 2: No more of that.
Speaker 6: If you can carry legally, you can carry into a post office. Mosta it's the public post office. Our number here is eighty six six. Talk Gun or Tom Talk Gun or open lines. If you've been doing some shooting, you've been too the range, bought a new gun, or maybe you're thinking about buying the suppressor and not having to do the farm. Give me a call, let me know what you're thinking, or if you've already done it. Hey, we just stumbled upon something I was not aware of this story. It'll be coming up in just a few minutes here. But evidently AMO supplies are lower than they have been recent passed, but prices have not gone up yet. We'll have a little bit more about that in just a few minutes. You definitely want to stay here for that. Let's go grab line two kindles with us out of South Dakota. Hey Kendle, you're on gun Talk. What's your take on thistacado thing.
Speaker 15: I think it's absolutely brilliant marketing. You know, was the elite brand for a long time, and now, you know, I'm going to my local gun store. There's brands I don't remember the names of them, but they were, you know, the twelve thousand, the eight thousand dollars pistols. You know, they looked like a staicado. I couldn't really tell them much difference to them in a soicado, but they were charging a whole lot more money than the staccato. And Chicago was on the verge of becoming like a production gun, you know, like a kimber Dock or Springfield, and they want to maintain their elite status. So you know, this is brilliant marketing. This way that they'll maintain that elite, they'll be able to bump their price up, you know, for the same exact pistol, you know, because as they'll be more elite again, you know, you'll.
Speaker 2: Have to go to a special store.
Speaker 15: Marketing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, it is market That's where I made the point.
Speaker 6: I said, look, these guys are the Red Bull of marketing in the gun world, because red Bull they make a similar little drink, but they are fabulous at marketing the thing, and I think Staccato is doing that. And to your point, these stores become more exclusive. You'd get to go into an exclusive store which you can't get this gun yet just everywhere, and it becomes a little bit special and when you pull it out at the range, your buddies, I want to see.
Speaker 15: It right, Well, what's Chaccados? They realized they screwed up. They didn't charge enough. If they would have been charging the eight and the twelve thousand dollars, everything would have been fine. They just realized that there was there was more to grab. So so you know, the other companies were getting, you know, the eight to twelve thousand dollars for their pistols, which I can't tell is any better than the Sicado. You know that I can't tell the difference.
Speaker 6: So let me ask you, what's your prediction. Do you think Schcicado's going to end up having to raiseist prices? What are they are Scicado going to have to raise its prices.
Speaker 15: Now, oh yeah, sure they are. They want to grab that eight to twelve thousand dollars market too. Why are these that much on a pistol? Beats the heck out of me.
Speaker 6: But well, you know, I mean, honestly, it's like, you know, why would you pay more for a car, a truck or anything else? You go, Yeah, my toe Yota will do the same thing we had does, but I want that, And look.
Speaker 2: I appreciate the call.
Speaker 6: That is ultimately the bottom line on the why thing is because I want.
Speaker 2: It, I can afford it. I want it.
Speaker 6: Sometimes it's I want it, I can't afford it, but I'm going to buy it anyway. We've all, man, I got a whole drawer full of T shirts of that oney, I can't afford it, but I'm want to buy it anyway.
Speaker 2: Holy cal uh.
Speaker 6: But yeah, I mean, you got the Joseph Grays, you got to add less, you got you know, real expensive, which also have the less expensive double stack nineteen elevens, which we always call them twenty elevens.
Speaker 2: It's kind of like the Kleenex.
Speaker 6: Now, Chicato actually does have a trademark on the term twenty eleven, but nobody pays much attention to that these days. Interesting idea, though, Will they raise their prices? They didn't mention that. I didn't ask. I should have ask. Will they raise their prices as part of this marketing push to make them more exclusive?
Speaker 2: Very possibly? I don't know.
Speaker 6: I don't have any information about that. Don't say you know. Don't tell people that Tom said they're raising their prices. I have no idea that that's the case. But Kendall mentioned it, and I hadn't thought of it. But it's an interesting idea. They have actually been companies and products where they have increased sales by raising their prices and making them more desirable, maybe more elite. And we'll have to see. By the way, do you have.
Speaker 2: A double stack nineteen eleven? Which one do you have?
Speaker 6: I would love to get a few range of courts on both to see how you like them. Are they just for range use competition? Or do you actually carry a double stack? Nineteen eleven? Our number year is eight six six Talk Gunner, Tom, Talk gun. When we come back, we have less AMMO, but prices aren't up yet.