Speaker 1: All right, how about dinner tonight at Andrews American Pizza Kitchen. It's in Plano, Preston and Plano Parkway. There's only one location of Andrew's American Pizza Kitchen in town. And it is so good that readers of the Dallas Morning News voted at best pizzeria in all of DFW. They've mastered Dallas style pizza. They've got Chicago, Detroit, Tavern style, New York style, and they've mastered them all. So go check them out. It is pure greatness. They also have a great selection of local craft beers. There's always a game on. It's just a great place to hang out. One location of Andrews American Pizza Kitchen Preston and Plano Parkway and Plano.
Speaker 2: But right now it's time for this. And now it's.
Speaker 3: Time for Basis Sweet Day Day featuring veteran news anchor Katie fun Tweets. Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 4: All right, so a few years ago, it was twenty twenty one, they changed the name of the Bomb Factory down Inde Bellum great music venue to the Factory. And I tell you to take some sex appill from a place.
Speaker 2: Dude.
Speaker 1: I remember dumping all over this and then kind of looking around going, oh, wait, we have ties to the people that book it, so maybe we shouldn't do that. But I remember thinking it was a horrible idea. What was the reason they got some new new owners? I'm really not Yeah, because bomb bombs. The reason was like, all right, we don't want to connote any type of violence or anything like that. But it's like, dude, it's a historical building where they actually built bombs, like it's part of the lore of the building.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I don't know if this has anything to do with the PC culture or whatever, but I mean there's a there's a a situation there to change. The owners at Westdale Asset Management bought the name from the Barlow family. I don't know who they are, but they formally ran the site. So the change is going back.
Speaker 2: So whatever.
Speaker 4: They're gonna have a big announcement next week, even though it's already in the paper, A big official announcement next week and then a big party in April.
Speaker 2: Is that where we saw a new order? Yes, nice venue. I like that.
Speaker 1: I love the venue and if you can get we were we dropped some coin and we were up in the suites and I have seen there's several shows that I've seen up in those suites, and there's some of the best music memories I have. We went when they re reopened it and rebranded it, not when they turned it into the Factory.
Speaker 2: I'm talking about before.
Speaker 1: That, and it was DiAngelo touring on that Black Messiah record and it was the first night of the venue where they had the new suites and everything, and men, it was one of the best concerts I've ever seen. I've seen craft work there, LCD sound system, New Order with you, like when the Shins came back and replayed Oh Inverted World top to bottom. Like, There's been so many great shows that I've seen since they've reconfigured that venue, and it's it's an awesome space.
Speaker 4: Sony Towns probably have something called a factory though, because he had the bomb Factory.
Speaker 1: It just still hits harder. It's just better and it's not like it's racist. I mean they built bombs there.
Speaker 2: It's part of that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, right, But since you said racist, I'm going to play a clip from golf today. Hideki Matsuyama had a rough round guys at the Players Championship, the fifth Major.
Speaker 2: Isn't he played best?
Speaker 4: Roy played with him once. Yes, And this announcer his name, we should put a name on him. His name is John McGinn's. It's like ESPN plus. They just you know, get people out there to do some golf on Thursday mornings.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 4: Matsuyama is having a rough go of it and he's about to, you know, wrap up a bogie.
Speaker 2: On a hole. This is for bogie just inside of five feet. He hasn't smiled yet. I wouldn't either.
Speaker 4: No, that's sushi. I mean, this is just.
Speaker 2: Brutal round of golf so far. That dude, you can't do that. Can't do that.
Speaker 5: And also you would use it for a good thing. Yeah, I love sushi. Sushi's good, that's super.
Speaker 2: Jordan Speeth hasn't been hasn't had a bad hot dog this morning? Yeah, that's what he's talking about.
Speaker 3: Man.
Speaker 1: That experience is again to food poisoning. That's what his round is. But he went ahead and I don't know regionalized the food where that guy might be from.
Speaker 5: I thought he was describing his putt as in that sushi ya.
Speaker 2: He said he hasn't smiled. Yet I wouldn't either.
Speaker 4: No that sushi.
Speaker 2: I mean, this is just the.
Speaker 4: Only way he could have saved it is if he said he must have got sushi from one of those sushi glory holes, and then that would have been like, okay, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: He saved it. He say bad.
Speaker 4: Sushi talking about the guy from Japan. He was an interesting choice, That's all I'm saying. It's an interesting choice. I looked forward to his defense. I don't think you'll have to defend it.
Speaker 1: Really, MANA twenty seventeen plus nothing nothing but white people watching golf.
Speaker 4: Oh hell yeah, I agree with that guy. I watched a crap down of golf today. Love the players Championship. Joseie Records in the news, of course, because Garland is welcoming two new record stores. We've done this because we opened up. Oh well, I'll just read the Dallas Observer paragraph here. In November, North Texas music behemoth Josie Records opened its third location on Northwest Highway. The grand opening was on Saturday, November ninth, preceded by two days of soft launch celebration that been in skin show was recorded live for ninety seven point one the Eagle.
Speaker 2: It was recorded live, I'll never forget it.
Speaker 4: And Live Radio returned with a show with Jeff k from Lone Star ninety two to five.
Speaker 2: Shout out sister station and the Dallas Observer.
Speaker 4: In a story about Garland, We're featuring the Been and Skin Show.
Speaker 2: It's fantastic as you guys went to Bergner.
Speaker 4: If you guys have long considered Garland to be your rival, I've always casual, too harsh towards Garland on the city.
Speaker 1: Garland looks up to Richardson, and Richardson never thinks about Garland.
Speaker 2: Richardson's too worried about Carrollton.
Speaker 1: We don't worry about anyone except Bram Wildcatfield Dog.
Speaker 2: You think we care about Carrollton? Come on? What was Richard can't care about?
Speaker 1: As a guy who lives in Richard's Dallas, there's one. And the only reason we don't think about fort Worth is because it's thirty five forty minutes away. We're concerned about Dallas. Let me tell you something about Berkner High School. Okay, Bennett's Gin Show, Paul var Geese, Yep, Toddrick McIntosh, Racy Walls to Lee, who's the guy from supernatural. That other guy, Ed Mackie, that guy, Yeah, I mean we dominate. Yeah, and Eccles uh antson Ackles something like that. And on top of all that, we used to have richardson Square mall bitch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll talk about it a lot. I still can't even pick it up.
Speaker 1: Or what do you mean, Uh, Jeremy, Jeremy Coon that Ed did Napoleon Dynamite? Have you ever been over at Berkner High School and you walk down the Hall of Memories and you see all the Hall of famers up on the wall. I like that you call it the Hall of Memories. That's dope, man. I want to go to a place called the Hall of Memory. Was near the summit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that where the.
Speaker 1: Where we would go and kill fifteen minutes in between first and second period.
Speaker 2: Come on, k t look we're you know, I'm a west Sider.
Speaker 1: He is a west He's so Pierce, dude, he's so good, He's so Pierce. Yeah, no, we don't. We don't spend a lot of time thinking about Garland. But Josie records. Yeah, that is the Boobs, by the way, speaking of Garland. So in that article they're talking about another place called dead Yes, and that is they said in downtown, which that is over by fortunate Son. So I've decided I want to go back to Fortunate Son. Get some of that pizza. Get some They have the big german on tag USL soccer team over there. Partner with those guys. And now that Dead Wax is on the market, are on the square there, I want to go to Dead Wax and check out. Yeah, and let's say this with fortunate Son. Look, Garland is on the come up. Ay, it is on the come up these days, and so our war with Garland we're in a cease fire.
Speaker 2: Truth.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're truth like cool things like for a while when they had those yellow street signs like we were out on garden street lights.
Speaker 2: We're not We're neither, neither neither. I went to Fortunate Son on Friday night.
Speaker 1: Oh that was a very fortunate Son dunked on Ben because fortunate Son's it's popping, so popping dog.
Speaker 4: Go in there and get your Okay, I'd like to get on the waiting list. The great thing about that place is you can walk on down a little bit down and to the left guitar say no no. And I had never been here. I've never been here. I popped into Infinity Arcade. Yes, I saw that.
Speaker 2: Let's go. It's dope, fantastic and what they have.
Speaker 4: They bought the little First of all, you can sit at the bar and play PS five with someone. They got that's the remotes at the bar. But they've got another little sidebar. And they bought the little consoles. So there was a Nintendo, the Super Nintendo, a Sega Genesis and a PlayStation so you could play. And it's got all the game like a bunch of games on there, those little ones that were going for like one hundred and fifty dollars plus classic games and new modern games. Yeah, dude, it's my favorite new arcade in the Metroplex.
Speaker 1: That reminds me I got to get that sit down cocktail arcade out of my upstairs and over we got to get over.
Speaker 2: There, dude, Mike p would go to your house right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, by the way, Christina, Jimmy Wallace guitars, go check it out. It's a couple of doors down from Fortunate Son. I think you would love it in there.
Speaker 5: So pizza, guitars and arcade games.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty dope.
Speaker 5: Sounds like the best Friday Night over okay.
Speaker 2: And roller Town Beer Works at Fortunate Son.
Speaker 4: Yes, sixty second story is we've made some a little updates. Over at six they're painting the Titan, the Big one, red, white.
Speaker 2: And blue. Why you know, I think, America, what are you talking about?
Speaker 5: We not just leave stuff alone?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, the Titan was just kind of orange though, so I'm actually okay with this.
Speaker 5: Orange is my favorite color, but it was just.
Speaker 2: Kind of there for no reason, Like, what does orange have to do with anything?
Speaker 5: Fans out it's the titan.
Speaker 1: Color of jumpsuits at loose Sterret. We need to go back through it. Today's the day I learned that orange was Christina's favorite color.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sh'all have any idea. I love it orange.
Speaker 5: Orange.
Speaker 2: Orange. It's Cat's favorite color too, the happy color. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Also, work is being done on a new coaster now. The Titan tops out at two hundred and forty five feet, and once you get up there, you know you're two hundred and forty five feet in there, because you're like, holy yes, I can see inside the old ballpark. But work has begun on a new coaster that is listed at three hundred and nine feet. Dear, Lord, and that is happening. It's the structure name was listed as Project Ruby one thousand and two. They don't fully know what this is gonna be yet, but six Flags is like, hey, I know you aren't doing some stuff up there, Universal, but don't forget us because we have a three hundred plus foot coaster and we're painting the Titan.
Speaker 2: That's incredble. So the paint job is going to battle. Well.
Speaker 1: There the Universal and Frisco's for smaller kids anyways, I like to kids, younger kids. Oh yeah, it's not for adults looking for red, white and blue Titan. I think it's gonna have some cool stuff though. Oh of course that's a bold prediction. You want to double down for small kids, now, yeah, double down on it.
Speaker 2: All right? There you have it coming out next.
Speaker 4: Uh.
Speaker 1: I know how to use the Internet better than everyone else, and I'm gonna prove it by introducing six weird songs I've stumbled across in the last twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: The Scroll Patrol is next.