Speaker 1: All right, ladies and gentlemen, I'm True Seeker with the True Secret Podcast, and today I'm going to be interviewing Calvin Parker of the Haskagoula The Closest Encounter book that came out an abduction story experience, and so we're going to be getting into some of the details about this book, his personal stories, encounters, beliefs, What's Happened, Just Happened.
Speaker 2: October eleventh and nineteen seventy.
Speaker 1: Three, nineteen seventy three. So this book is an exhaustive concordance about his story and just about the whole field of youthology in general. So we're gonna we're gonna go deep on this one. So Calvin, welcome to the podcast. Man, thank you for spending this time with me, having us This is good stuff. So I've been following your story for some years now. I probably first heard about it in twenty ten, twenty eleven, you know, being from Mobile, I'm in you know, we're down here in the Bible Belt, and so there's not a lot of people coming forward with their UFO story or anything spiritual or whatever. So looking up some of the ones that kind of happened around my area definitely leads you over to Golf Breeze and Pensacola area. There's a lot of stories there. But coming a little bit west of Mobile, we have this story here in Pascagoula, Mississippi, which was phenomenal. There was just a bunch of press online. I didn't know there was this much press, Like all of the stuff that's in this book, there's so much in here. I didn't know that there was this much. But it means a lot to me that it's close to home, and I wanted to have you on the podcast. Usually we do a video cast just through the cell phone and things like that, but since you're this close down here, you know in the Bible, Bet, I was like, we got to make this happen in person. So again, thanks book.
Speaker 3: It just covers probably half of what's in there. So it's every day we have something that we're going to add to it as an addition to the book.
Speaker 1: The book, like I said, is exhaustive. I knew that there was a bunch of stuff. There was a bunch of interviews, clipping and stuff like that, but this thing is full of it. Oh yeah, and you guys captured all that I know you worked with Philip Manchell, the publisher, to get this stuff out, and he did a great job as far as finding a.
Speaker 2: Job.
Speaker 3: When we got started, I just kind of wrote my story a little bit and he would keep me straightened out because I don't have much education, so I wasn't a writer. I didn't want to be a writer. Actually, I didn't want to write the book. So it came around that Philip had contacted me, and it just happened to hit at the right time. My wife and I had went to a wake at a funeral home and I had signed the register and there was people coming from everywhere wanting to talk to me, and we felt like that was really disrespectful to talk about this and this lady's this guy's funeral here was a neighbor of ours. So after the funeral, we was on the way home. My wife I said maybe we should write a book. I thought, now, this fat boy ain't gonna write a book because.
Speaker 2: You know, I don't have the education too.
Speaker 3: And I had dodged this all these years, from nineteen seventy three on. I never talked about this to family, to friends, to no one. So it comes after the way I got home and I didn't no more than get home than Philip had searched me down, been hunting me for years, wanting to interview me on another subject because he.
Speaker 2: Didn't think I would write a book.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so we talked about it and he asked me if I would consider it, and of course I was gonna blow him off. I said, of course I'll consider it. I'll let me find a ghostwriter or something. But in the back of my mind I was blowing him off and I was borrowing my wife off.
Speaker 2: I didn't really want to do a book.
Speaker 3: So he called back one day and he said, why didn't you want to write a book? I said, because everybody changes stuff, you know, you give a press release. Time you get the press release out there, it's a hundred times more than what it was and now and I said, I will write a book. I do not want to book edited in no way, and believe it or not, he agreed, being a publisher and a good publisher he is. He did agree not to edit the book, and in ways that was a mistake for me, because I could have let him editor, spelling it all exactly.
Speaker 2: I didn't. But people love this like it is.
Speaker 3: They say it's like setting in the living room listening to you tell the story. So I have a real good relationship, working relationship with Philip and he's become a friend since then. And he dug out all the information. He said, I know this son, is take two or three years to do. I said, oh, okay, if I'm read it in a week, i'm writing it in a week. He said, well, I know it's gonna take a long time to it. We not in no hurry. Just take your time and do it. So I told my wife, I'm going to my bedroom. I'm gonna close the door and I'll come out when we got a book, bring you something to drink about once a day and something they hate about every other day. And we got in there and with Philip's help, you know, he'd kind of guide me a little bit. We did the book two weeks. Where was walking out with a book, and by the time I finished that, he had all the information on the inside, all the details, all the facts. He even had a tape from the late Bud Hopkins where I had went down and had him hypnotize me on a different submissing time, and that's in the book. And I didn't know I was even hypnotized. It was really shocking with surprised.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Wow, I mean there's a lot just to even unpack with that before we even get into the story. Really, as far as like how quick you got the book out, I mean that's a big thing too, Like there's a lot of people who they've been through some really traumatic experiences. They have some experiences that can help other people that want to write a book. But like you said, this is maybe a three year venture, you guys knocked it out in two weeks. Is definitely an exhaustive books. And he did all the back end research and collecting all the.
Speaker 2: Ever his great Eddy.
Speaker 3: He's probably one of the best publishers they need to back to get.
Speaker 2: I know he's the best on this.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And because he is so detailed and he hustled so much and he does that he's not just af there for the book.
Speaker 2: He's a truth hunter, like you say, he.
Speaker 3: Wants the cold hard facts and if they're not there, he won't put them in that book or nothing. So I've enjoyed working with him. I can't wait to go to the UK in August and meeting Yeah.
Speaker 1: Oh so you guys haven't met him person yet.
Speaker 3: Well, no, we hadn't, but we do a lot of skypping. Yeah, we do a lot of emailing. And so far, if he told me the world's coming to the end tomorrow, and you know, I'd go ahead and take my last riots.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's good man. So as far as just unpacking the story for people who haven't heard of it, some people are unfamiliar with it, you know, it being so big, and especially when it comes to uthology, there's a lot of people who have done their research. You've been doing interviews, and the news has covered you. And I mean, this happened back in the seventies and we have everything from there. It was in the newspaper, but there's like a resurgence of it now. I mean, you know, I want to, you know, really get into the story. But that was kind of a time where it wasn't accepted to be talking about this kind of stuff, especially in the South in the Bible Belt, talking about UFOs and aliens and being abducted and there's really the stuff of horror movies. Now there's a niche for this where like so many people are drawn to it. I want to talk to you. I got all these questions, but let's just go ahead and unpack the story a little bit, just for those who aren't familiar with with your incident.
Speaker 3: Okay, Oh, everybody, keep in mind that in nineteen seventy three, there were no cell phones, There was no social media or anything like that. So this happened on October the eleventh, seventy three, and it was a beautiful day. It was about seventy degrees outside. So a friend of mine got off a friend of mine, we had worked together at the F. B. Walker and Sons Shipyard, and got off work and as we get off, he asked me, he said, would you like to go fishing? I said, yeah, anything to kill time. So we went out to a place called the Sharp Hitter Shipyard, took her fishing equipment. We parked and the first thing I noticed when we got there is how trashy everything looked, because this ship, we all was abandoned and there was trash it that washed up on the ground. But living on the coast, you know that the high water brings it in and it won't take it back out when it easy just stays out, and that's one of the things. And I was thinking to myself, they need to clean this place up. But we was all illegal. They had a trespassing sign up and all. And we got we parked the car, and he said, well where we fishes, just right down here. They got an old grain elevator, and that grain falls off his boats and the fish comes up there to the grain. We usually do really good dare. So we walked. It took about fifteen minutes scuffle down to where we were. We sat on the pier and we cast out, and we didn't no more get cast out. Well, my mind was wondering. I was looking across the river at an old coast Guard ship or Noah ship, I can't remember which one, and I was thinking to myself, this thing's made still, how does it float? I couldn't figure out my life how a bunch of steel could float on water like that. And I noticed coming from behind me was some blue, hazy light and it was reflecting across the water toward the ship. Well me, I was thinking, we trespassing the laws here, and that was about the color that the lights were on patrol cars back then. So I stood up and turned around and looked, and when I did, it was a real bright light.
Speaker 2: Just overtook the.
Speaker 3: Hazy blue lights and I have to save, you know, for an eighteen year old boy back then, I was scared to death and I kind of glanced off, trying to think of somewhere to go. But there was water on the left and water on the right, and water in front of me. And I was a good swimmer at the time, but I didn't think I survived to breathe. But by the time I turned around and looked toward the ship, there was three robotic looking creatures coming toward us, and it was too late to run anywhere. Well about that time, I noticed Charlie had stood up and he was looking and they got to us, and I seen two of them take.
Speaker 2: Hold of Charlie.
Speaker 3: One of them got a hold of my left arm, and I felt a puncture, and all of a sudden I got relaxed.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: I didn't care I about run or not, and I couldn't say nothing. The only thing I could do was set there and look forward. So I couldn't turn, I couldn't move, and this thing picked us up by the arm and floated us inside of the craft, floated us up to the door the craft. Well, by that time I couldn't turn around and see if Charlie was around or not, but I could see the craft and I was wondering what the light was coming from. So my head was back like that and I was just rolling my eyeballs and it was coming out of the paint. It it looked like it was coming straight out of the paint. It was just a real bright light. And I thought, daring, this is something else. And they turned and they walked me and turned right and took me into a little room. They laid me on about a forty five degree I don't know if it was a table or what they laid me on, But then something like the size of a deck of cards come out of the ceiling and it come down about two foot right straight in front of my head, and I could hear it click. Then it went to the side and it clicked, went to the back and it clicked again, and it did it one more time. Then it shot back up into the ceiling. And that's when I don't know if this a more human looking creature came in. The other ones just old, ugly looking, robotic looking creature. You know, you could tell by the moves that they was following some kind of orders or something. So I figured in to be robots. But this other creature was I'm guessing the female. I don't know if it was or not, but I just had that feeling deep that is probably a female, because you know, of the small features owner and more human looking than the other ones were. So she came out from behind the wall and she walked up and her fingers was just like our hands, except her fingers was longer her and she kind of felt around on my cheek and I still wasn't afraid at that time because of the I guess the sedation, the shot that they gave me. So she took she run her fingers down my throat and tried to come up through my nasal cavity, and that hurt like hell. So I just you know, I was coming out of that thing, and I was wanting to get up and run and I couldn't. And automatically, now her mouth never moved. She had a mouth, but it never moved, but telepathically, I guess she said, don't be afraid, We're not going to harm you. And then that big creature walked open, grabbed me by the arm, and I felt another little puncture and she kind of backed up out of the way a little bit, and I settled down again, so I really wasn't afraid. But she did a few little things there, such as I felt like she was looking for an end plant or had put one in. She looked in my mouth and my nose, and I all was bleeding in you know where she had done that. And then all of a sudden she backed up out of the way, and the big ugly creature come in and got me and took me back out to the river where you set me, and put me out in the same spots.
Speaker 2: My arms were stretched.
Speaker 3: Through the river, and they turned around was leaving when I got to where I can move again, and I heard the voice Charlie said, Calvin, Calvin, you okay? So I turned around and looked, and by that time they had made it back to the ship. The bright lights went off, and this thing just picked straight up off the ground a few feet and just disappeared more or less.
Speaker 2: It was so fast.
Speaker 1: Wow. How long did this wholy encounter last? Do you think? You know?
Speaker 3: It's hard to say. I'm going to say forty five minutes or an I or something, but it's really hard to say. Because we were ship fitting back in and slinging the sledge hammer all day. We didn't wear watches because of the shock to the watch. So we sat there and talked a minute. Because the danger was over then, so we decided to sit down and talk for a few minutes. And Charlie says, where we need to let somebody know us, and now this didn't happen, we don't need to let anybody know.
Speaker 2: You're on your own, Charlie, I.
Speaker 3: Said, I don't want to know nobody know what happened, because in the seventies I knew if we was considered crazy, we never would get a job or nothing else. And all I wanted to do was get house, have a family, raised my kids, and you know, retire at a job somewhere I didn't have.
Speaker 2: To make much money.
Speaker 3: So we sat there and talked and decided where we both decided then really we shouldn't tell nobody. So by the time we walked back to the car, I noticed the car window on my car had been shattered on the passenger side. And he said, well, we got to tell somebody paid for this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Well, he wasn't worried about my car. I don't think. He said, well, we got to tell somebody. I said, Charlie, we don't need to tell a soul. We got in. I tried to crank the car.
Speaker 3: Now, this car, I bought it in nineteen seventy three, just two months before this. It wouldn't crank. So I kept trying, and finally it got to crank the all and needless to say, when we got I headed out. Well, we passed the Magic March store. Back in there weren't cell phones, so we passed the little Magic Mark store that had a phone hanging outside. We stopped or he said stop here, and he wouldn't call Kesler Air Force Base. So when he called them, they said, we don't handle UFO reductions anymore. We shut down that unit a long time ago. It's no such thing or something like that. Call you local authorities. So he come back to the car, got another dime, dropped the dime into pay phone, called the sheriff department. So the sheriff department all said, well, y'all stay where you are. They figured we was drinking. First thing I heard Charlie said, well, he said that. I asked him. I heard Charlie on the phone. He said, now don't laugh, but I got something to tell you, and the deputy answered the.
Speaker 2: Phone said, well, I'm I'm not gonna laugh. What was it?
Speaker 3: Charlie said, we was just deducted by Egidens. Well he rolled out laughing, and I don't blame him. You know, at the time that was unheard of. So he said, y'all, don't move, stay right there, don't crank that car for nothing, and we'll be there. Well, they must have had a unit pretty close, and there's one that pulled up. He walked to my side of the car. He looked in the car, said, son, get out of the car. So I got out of the car and there was one on the other side with Charlie. He said, now I want you to pull your left leg up, tilt your head back, touch your nose, and jump on one foot. I gotta see if your drinking. I said, Man, damn, I can't. I can't do that sober, much less drinking.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: Just go ahead and take me to jail and getting drunk. It'd beat where I'm going, he said. But I got out and tried it. Done his little filld sobriety testing all and he said you're good to drive. He smelled around, you know, so it was why they took us. He said, followed me to the sheriff department. So we followed him and they finished their little alcohol testing on. They determined we wasn't drinking, so they was taking us a little more serious thing. And well, they took him into a room and took me into a room. Now I don't know what happened at Charlie's room because I wasn't there, but they interrogated me. I didn't want to talk about it, so I just kept my mouth shut and I told him any excuse I could not to talk about it. Then they put us in a room together. And when they did that, that's where the secret tape came from from the sheriff department.
Speaker 2: So what they call on.
Speaker 3: They left us in this room together, and they had a tape recorder room, and they taped their conversations. Now I had no clue that this was going on when it was. Didn't want to know. I didn't want to tape out there. But anyhow they come in they got your little tape out. Now I didn't see them get your tape because they didn't send us to another little place, but apparently they got your little tape out. Listen to it, and that's when they called Fred Diamond, the head sheriff. He come over. He said, son, y'all go home. Y'all go on home, get some rest. And I said, Sheriff, I don't want nobody to know. I actually druther nobody not know. I don't want to be classified an idiot. He said, We're not going to tell anybody. We're not in you and we're not in the business of media. We're just in the business of checking law. He said, But I do want to tell you one thing. If this was a hoax, you're going to jail for a long way. Is there anything you want to tell me, I said, I want to tell you not to turn this loose to the press.
Speaker 2: We'll go home.
Speaker 3: So, to make a long story short, we got my car, we went back home. Well, when I got home, on the way, I told Charlie, I said, you know, it's a good chance that we might have radiation or some kind of bacterial disease or something, and I think we need to go get checked out all of a sudden. Don't worry about that. We do that. Later on, I said, well, you know, even when the damn astronauts come in from out of the baseback. They quarantined them seven days, and I said, what if you give your family and everybody we know? I said, we could start some kind of disease epidemic here. Well, we'll take care of all that tomorrow.
Speaker 2: I take care of that. But I didn't take him any word. I went on home.
Speaker 3: I pulled my clothes off, put all my clothes in the bag, put my shoes in the bag, well old paper bag they had. And there was a gallon of bleach on the back of the bathtub. And I started at the top of my head and I poured that bleach down and I washed myself all the way. Then I took a shower. Then I went on to bed. The next morning, I carried my clothes out to the dumpster and throw them in. So, you know, I was really concerned about all that, And it wasn't for me, it was more or less for the people involve. Well, we didn't know what was going on. The next morning we got to work. When we got there, I did notice there was a few more cars than what had been there, A lot of more cars that had been there. We brashed in. We went in to our workstations. Well, they sent someone from an office. They said, Calvin, you and Charlie got to get up here, and I was wondering, No, I bet they found out something. So on the way in, I was literally sick because it released it to the media. I got on my hands and knees in the parking lot, was throwing up because I was just that sick and worried about it. So we got there and they said, I don't know what went on last night, but we can't even get on our phones. We got to shut our operation down simply because the media is calling in. We can't get on the phone. Somebody's got to do something. Y'all gonna have to leave so we can conduct business here. They was really nice about.
Speaker 2: It, you know.
Speaker 3: So the owner of the company was there and he said, I'm gonna call the lawyer that tends to our business and he can work up a press release. Maybe when't get rid of some of these people. So during that time they called the lawyer, joke on me and go in. He worked up a little press release and turned out a press release. But little did I know it was hundreds of literally hundreds of reporters there and uh, this hit the network news. And I still to this day. Don't know how it got released. I got my suspicions, but I don't know how the story got released. So he did a press release. By that time, they decided we might or to go to the hospital and go to Keysler and get checked for radiation. So one of the deputies from the sheriff department came down, put us in the car, and they escortats to Singing River Hospital where they did a full body examined on us, gave us to go ahead to be released and go get our radiation check. When we pulled up at Kesler, they drove us to Kesler. They was probably Keysler security was at the gate, and then we didn't even have to stop. He just blinked his lights. We went right on through and they took us to a secluded area.
Speaker 2: In the back by an old warehouse.
Speaker 3: They took us out of the car and they run I forget what they told me, macritometers or something over a body check for radiation. I had a small trace, but I knew what it was from. I had worked in the old feel before I come, and we used radiation tablets in some of our equipment, and that's where my little bit came from, which wasn't nothing major. And then when we got through, they said they want to talk to you in the back. So they als killed ued us down a long hallway, and I thought, gosh, for something not to be released. You know, we still got a heap of stuff going on. So when we got to the back, there was some officials back out front, the military, a lot of local officials back there, like Mayor's police department and all that, and they was really nice to us. They set us down and made us tell our stories, and I figured I better tell them what I could because they were serious about it. Then when they get through, they said, y'all can go. The sheriff Department took us back to.
Speaker 2: The sh up yard where he was working, and by.
Speaker 3: That time doctor James Allen Heineck and doctor Harder had came down. Well, Heineck was over Project Blue Book when it was going on, and he come on his own penny. He was a truth seeker, so he came down on his own penny to interrogate us and to look at the site. Of course, kind of disappointed the sheriff Department didn't ribon off that site, but they didn't, so Heinick went out to the site, looked at him, and then they met with Charlie myself, so we told her story again. Doctor Harder tried to hypnotize us, gave us an examination and checked the puncher marks on our arms again, and he couldn't hypnotize me because you know, he said, it would just be too traumatic.
Speaker 2: So doctor heineck.
Speaker 3: As an end result, he said, and the press release, he said, if these guys are actors, he said, they should, they should be in Hollywood. He said, I you know, there's something happened to him, and that's kind of.
Speaker 2: Where they left it.
Speaker 3: We we went back in from there, and I got my car and went on back to Lawrel, Mississippi, to disappear from the public. But it followed me around forty five years, has followed me before I got ready to write this book. And ninety three I had something that happened going fishing. I was missing some time, and I had a friend that knew Bud Hopkins, that had knew that he had a book out missing time, and they suggested that I go see him and talk to him. So I decided, I said, well, he's in Florida right now. It's just a little twelve hour ride, let's go.
Speaker 2: So we went.
Speaker 3: He went with me and we went up and he found Bud Hopkins and I wouldn't go in. He was at a conference. I wouldn't go in, and he's told buddy, He said, Calvin Parker wants to see you. Well, this was in ninety three. I was thinking that man ain't gonna know who I am. But he said, telling him to go to my room and wait on me. I want to see him too. So, to make a long story short, we went to his room. Bud come to see us, and he asked me if he could hypnotize me. I said yeah. I said, Now, don't make me look like an idiot and do like I do on these Vegas shows. Put stuff in my head and make me get up and down, jump up and down and all that. I said, as long as legitimate, I'll go along with it. And I said, by the way, there's told that buddy mine. I said, there's a ball back in the car. Go get him and knock him in. Ahead with it. If he starts doing stupid stuff or trying to put thoughts in my head.
Speaker 1: Yes, thoughts right.
Speaker 3: I didn't want anything in my head that wasn't there so apparently he hypnotized me. I didn't realize it. A pretty good long session, and he put a post hypnotic suggestion to my head that I wouldn't remember this till it was time to remember it, and then I would remember the facts as I could handle them. And he told everybody else not to tell me. This is all on that tape that I got that Philip man Mantel had got, and he got the actual tape from David Jacobs, who had took over some of Bud Hopkins' work. So I went in was writing a book, and I told my wife when Phillips sent the transcripts to me where he had put them in the book, I just kind of started briefing over them. I said, hell, I said, I've been hypnotized, and I didn't know it. I went out and told my wife. She was on the back porch. I said, I didn't realize it, but I really was hypnotized. I said, I always thought that was a bunch of bull, but it's not so till today, I hadn't read all the or listened to it. I have a copy of the sade of the original tape, but I hadn't listened to it because I want to remember what came out as I remember it. And one of the things I remembered I had an interview by Linda Moltenhaund and she is in depth report and she brought all this was bringing some of this stuff out, and I wanted to say, Linda, shut up, I don't want to hear it, but you know, she got it started coming out and it got triggered my memory. And I still hadn't looked at what was on, but I do start. I have remembered a lot of what was on there myself, and I don't know how much because I hadn't read over the tapes.
Speaker 1: I haven't read them either. So is this more detail about what happened during the you know, what you would say was about forty five minute experience. Is there some more details that come out? Because you have the transcript in the book as well, right, people can read.
Speaker 3: Exactly right, I can read it, and yeah, it's a lot of detail on that. Then it's the fishing trip to cad Island where I had to missing time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that experience is in there as well.
Speaker 3: That was a little experience and there was a little bit in there. But I told my wife, I'll be back before dark, because after seventy three I didn't get on that water at night anymore. So I said, I'll be back before dark. She fixed me at lunch, and that first thing I remember. I was waiting on the tide to change this about eleven o'clock and I opened my lunch ate it, and when I come back to the lunch was still there on the chair.
Speaker 2: This three in the morning. So there was a.
Speaker 3: Lot of time missing, But yeah, it captures some of the experience inside that time. I had no idea that I had been revisited then I had.
Speaker 1: Wow, was Charlie's experience pretty much similar to yours? Or was he experienced something totally different when he was on the ship.
Speaker 3: I have no idea or to be honest with you, I never talked to Charlie about it when we got back when dot But when John Howie and Bud Hoppins got three with us, I got my car and left. I thought Charlie broke the story to the news media, and that made me mad. I didn't want to talk to him no more nobody else. I mean, we had a little bit of contact together, but nothing where we sat down and talked about what happened.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So I was following the story and think I said about twenty or so, you know, just finding anything that I could, I looked it up and got, you know what I'm saying, real deep into the story. For some reason, I didn't know that it was two people. For some reason, I maybe just read your account or whatever, or either yours or Charlie's or whatever that was available at the time. And then in twenty eleven, Charlie passed. Correct my wife found it in the clipping in the paper and cut it out for him and said, here's that passagula incident. The guy passed away. So I was under the impression that it was only one person for some reason I don't know. And then recently I seen on the news that they were interviewing you, and I was like, wow, this was two people. So it just brought it back to the light. So one of the reasons why the kind of the story carries so much weight is because of the tape that came out at the Sheriff's department. Was the fact that you guys weren't trying to whisper and trying to get your stories together like most people will or have like holes in your stories. There was like a cooperation there where you guys wasn't trying to make it up an quite frankly, you didn't want to even you know what I'm saying, be there right.
Speaker 2: No, huh.
Speaker 3: I read the transcripts in the sheriff department one or two times, and you know, I seemed like I made a comment. Charlie had secured me to death. I felt like I stepped on a rattlesnake and it did. I mean, I was an eighteen year old boy. I wasn't even out to the real world then, and I didn't want nobody to know because I had a future in front of me, I thought, and it completely changed my whole.
Speaker 2: Life from that.
Speaker 3: Very many dawns, I would go on a job and you'd have the media look you up where they'd tell you to get them off the job I was in the oil field or they was fixing.
Speaker 2: The follow you.
Speaker 3: Well, the media, once they get on you, they like a pit bulldog. They don't back off. And my deal with them, they would change the story to make it look like more than it was. But how could you change something and get it any more than what?
Speaker 1: That is?
Speaker 3: That on a fishing trip, get adducted, get a physical, get all kinds of stuff, and why change all that? And the reason I didn't talk to Charlie anymore. Like I say, I thought he was the one that broke the story. But then later I regretted that. I wish I had it because there's questions I wanted to ask him.
Speaker 2: But he took the upper road.
Speaker 3: He went with the media, He did all the conferences, he wrote a book, and.
Speaker 1: He got all the money.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he got everything. He come to me and said, I'm gonna write a book, and if you don't sign off on it, I'm gonna write it anyway, said I don't care, Charlie. He said, sign it and I give you three or four percent or some little small percent. I just signed it to get rid of him. But I never seen a penny out of him, never didn want one.
Speaker 1: Is how that works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, But come to find out later the way the story broke back in the seventies, everybody liked to be nosy and getting everybody's business. So they carried these scanners around. Were they're listening in at the fire department, the police department. Well I didn't wasn't thinking, but the Mississippi Press had an office by the shelf department and they had a scanner toned on. They was listening in. Well, they was all all on top of it. Before you knew it, it hit the news everywhere, and the next thing I knew, Rolling Stones magazine tried to get a hold of me over there. They said, well, we got some pretty important questions to ask you. Oh, why didn't you call somebody?
Speaker 2: Then?
Speaker 3: I said, well, they want no cell phones in didn't want to. They said, well, why wasn't you on camera? I said, ediot, that was nineteen seventy three. They didn't have cameras back in like you do now. I said, so what else do you want to ask? Well, why didn't the bridge tender see you? I said, well, that's a good question, I asked the sheriff department. They went up and checked that out. Well, going inside where the bridge tender said he had a recliner and his wall was to the back of the recliner and he was sitting in our sleep and they would call him on the radio when he needed to do something with a bridge. So and he admitted it. You know, he didn't have nothing to hide. The man was there for a payday and he wasn't out looking for nothing else.
Speaker 1: One of the other factors that comes into the fact that this story carries a little bit of weight is because you guys passed the polygraph test as well. When did that come in? Was that at the Sheriff's office that same night?
Speaker 3: No, it wasn't at the sheriff's office. It was just shortly after it. As a matter of fact, I Charlie took one separate. I took one, and we took one in Chicago, a voice dress test. I did one talk show with him and they had a polygraph and a voice stress test in there. Now, the voice stress test we didn't know about. But they put a microphone in there with us, and somehow they radied off your voice.
Speaker 2: I don't know much about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they said it's ex accurate, a more accurate a polygraph.
Speaker 1: Now on the job, whenever, you know, the press came and all that kind of stuff, on the job and was causing problems for them. Did you get let go? Did you get fired or was it just for that day they sent you home for the day or did they just terminate.
Speaker 2: You now back in they fired you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, if they would go in and leave it was okay, but they didn't leave and kept harassing. And these people kept harassing, you know, they just say, well, we don't need you no more going home because they'd call the main office and everything come out to the rig who it was and the off fell was different back in. I mean they had some real hard nose people working there. There was good people, but something like that, they were take and run with it. Yeah, and you'd never hear the mbie. I mean, you don't know the times that I heard sput nick.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So there's a lot of stuff out there where somebody has a type of encounter like that, whether it's an abduction or supernatural experience. And you talked about hearing, you know, telepathy or whatever with the being that was communicating with you, just sending those thoughts to you that everything was okay. Did you ever experience that, you know, feeling that something was trying to communicate to you or with you. A lot of people talk about it sounds like angelic voices or the voice of God even or the Holy Spirit as we you know, relate this stuff back to the religious text and stuff. It talks about the telepathic communication. Have you ever had any of those weird deja vu moments where you're just, you know, cleaning house or something and there's something letting you know what's going on or something like that.
Speaker 3: Well, I have had experiences like but I try not to. You know, it's pure scary something getting into your head. So I tried just to pass it off and not pay attention and shut it out. And that's how I've done all this time nowadays and times I would welcome it. But as far as my faith faith, you know, I believe in God and I always will. It's one God, one Jesus Christ, and that's just the way that it is. But I know it's life on other planets. There's no doubt in my mind about that. Look at all the stars, and everyone of them stars has a planet around it.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 3: I think they travel a little different now than what they did. I think they kind of, I don't know how to say it, instead of coming in a spacecraft. I think it's another dimension right here around us, and they could travel through like a black hole and come into our dimension when they want to do right.
Speaker 2: And I really believe that now.
Speaker 1: So that's what you believe that it was. You believe that these were beings from other planets that showed up here.
Speaker 3: I do it was beings from another planet, or at one time, I might have called them demons, Yeah, something from Hell that might have showed up here. Yeah, because I physically got the physical confutation in ninety three were one and you know, you eventually get tired of being played with. And I think they was trying. She was trying to put that mplant my nose, and when it did, I was tired and not having the evidence and the proof that I needed to prove it. So I was actually gonna grab her around the neck and take her with me, and it turned into a physical situation where me and her both got blooded up in bloody.
Speaker 1: Now, this was this was from the missing time. You think it was the same being You think it was the same beings?
Speaker 3: Was because when I was in there, that's like Landa Howe said, he said, you said she's gonna kill me. I know her, I know her, and I must have known her from seventy three. Now, I didn't remember nothing about this, but I feel like they've probably been watching a long time, and I don't know why they chose me. Somebody asked why you, Well, I have no idea. Maybe I was just handy.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: Did you ever watch the Travis Walton movie Fire in the Sky. Did you ever watch that when it came out?
Speaker 2: No, I didn't.
Speaker 1: I figured that would trigger you, send you right back into heaven.
Speaker 2: Well again, I tried not to get nothing in my head. It wasn't there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Now Travis is coming out.
Speaker 3: I read on Facebook the other day was something else how that was a their death experience or they?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well were talking about, you know, selling the story. We was talking about that before we went live, and he sold the story and they turned it into a horror movie. There's other people James Gillilan from he Saidie Ranch, and he's talked about how there was all these people who approached them to buy their story, but they know they're going to turn it into somewhat of a horror movie. And for them it you know, it wasn't something that they thought was demonic or evil or whatever the case is. And Travis has kind of taken that approach now that you know that. Whenever he got out of the truck and he went up there to see this orb, he tried to touch it. It lit up and shocked him and if they just was to leave him there, he probably would have died. If they had to pick him up, put him on the table and almost do surgery on him so that he would live. And so his whole relationship with that story has changed over the years. Do you feel like that at anyway is there I know, because you know what I'm saying, most of this is something traumatic, evil, demonic, these type of words that are being used. Do you think that have malicious intent? That they were trying to hurt you? I mean, if they wanted to kill.
Speaker 3: You, I'd be dead if they want you to kill me. Oh, it's kind of like I said one time before. If you look at the different races of the human beings and all, you're gonna find good people, you're gonna find bad people, and you're gonna find really bad people. And some of it just tries to get by. And I feel like that this is the way they are. You can make out of it really what you want to. It could be good or it could be bad. I think basically they might have been here maybe to try to help us to start with, and they look because I keep getting in mind that this earth is destroying itself and they probably don't need that. We don't need it, and they don't need it, and they would help us if we'd let them.
Speaker 1: Do you think that's a thought that's being communicated telepathically that I think? So, Yeah, you need to have compassion for this planet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for this planet right here. And since I've started doing this book, I noticed another thing. I never had pets and never really been around the animals or nothing that much. But my son died in two thousand and twelve, I think June or something, and the same day he died, there's a little stray dog come up. And that dog's not a spending image. I think it might. It could be a lot that I wanted to be. But that dog come up, comes to the back porch wanting some day. And on my son's birthday he had puppies, and you know, it's just a coincident in there. And he is so loving. He's such a good little old dog. And matter of fact, this morning, I had to go down seven at three o'clock in the morning to get and shut But I feel like he was sent to me for a reason. Getting making long story short, and I'm real protective of the little dog and animals now we're used to I wasn't, but.
Speaker 1: There's like an empathy that was kind of released through that experience.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and the average person, the average kid, now you know, ah, they couldn't go out and grow a garden, make it on their own or anything else. And you could throw me outside with a pocket knife and we gonna eat something and have something. But I think the world just needs to take care of itself. I think people need to be a little better toward each other. You got all this cutthroat and going on. You got all this politics going on, and everybody down and all the rich people want to be a politician or have one in their pocket. They need to turn loose of everything, just be theirself and be good neighbors.
Speaker 1: Yeah. It comes back to the simplicities of it, right, And these type of experiences, and you know, near death experiences bring about a similar manifestation the fact that look, we you know, life is short, life is precious. We need to take care of each other, take care of the planet, and things like that. So that's something that the majority of people you know, talk about after having these encounters. And the reason I'm asking you about the whole evil alien thing. You know that there's you know quotes. There is the fact that a lot of people now like the whole abduction thing that was you know, sixties, seventies, eighties, maybe early nineties, You don't hear that term anymore. You hear contactee and experiencer. Most people want something like this to happen. They welcome it, maybe not to the extent of something scary where they're fearing for their life. And I mean, if anything comes into our realm that looks different, we're going to be scared, right, those type of things. But what do you think's going on with that? As far as the whole abduction thing kind of being phased out and people are welcoming contact and experiences.
Speaker 3: Well, I think it started. It's kind of like Philip said, you know, Calvin, you're the last of the breed, and that means, you know, it was pretty well the.
Speaker 1: Last ones phasing out, phasing out.
Speaker 3: You know, everybody else is pretty much dying off that has to deal with these adductions and all.
Speaker 2: Ah. I believe that they're trying to make a change in people. I really do.
Speaker 3: You don't never know when their world might need to come and exist with all world. I mean it might as well we got every other every other race in the world down, yeh, might as well have them. Yeah, and I think they are. I really believe from the bottom of my heart they are aliens, walking aliens that live among us. Now that sounds crazy, but in seventy three it sounds to crazy to get adducted to Yeah.
Speaker 1: As far as the you know, telepathy and repeat experiences you had to experience in ninety three, you know, talk about you kind of feel them trying to contact you where place thoughts in your head, ideas and things like that. Do you feel that if you wanted to that you can contact them or have you ever went out under the stars and said, hey, who are you shaking your fist? Or is there like this contact?
Speaker 3: Like I've never really wanted to contact them, but I really feel like if we got off and tried, it's possible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know if I could do it or not.
Speaker 3: Now many a night's me and my wife fish a lot at night when it's you know, a little warmer now, and we'll go out and set and I look up at the sky and say how beautiful it is. And of course you're gonna see stuff floating around that you don't. For one instant, we was fishing at a power plant. We were sitting there talking and I heard a little noise and we looked and there was a blimp above us. I didn't realize that it was that close. And that was scary. You know, looked at the bottom of a good year of laying and they were setting there looking you. Yeah, so you don't never know what can happen, and something don't have to happen because the human race is destroying this earth. Yeah, we I mean we in for hal if we don't.
Speaker 1: Man, there's a lot of videos and stories about them, these ships showing up around you know, nuclear plants and where they were testing different missiles and stuff, and they would disarm the missile. There's a there's video footage and people can look this up. It's it's pretty cool. But the several years back, there was an asteroid had it I believe it was in Germany, I believe. But the asteroid was coming and it was about to make land impact and then at the last minute a ship appeared, shot a beam at it and exploded to where it was just all these little bitty pieces of debris I don't know if you remember that, but it's like some by or something, God, Jesus, the angels whatever, they're watching over us, and they are trying to protect us. Hopefully we don't take ourselves out those type of things.
Speaker 3: Right, Yeah, I know God's watching me. And I often thought and Linda Howe brought up an idea why possibly could have been Daddy worked for the Atomic Energy Commission in Las Vegas, out in Area fifty one back in the sixties and they was exploding these nuclear bombs underground because that was when the Cold War was going on, so they was doing ever can they can to build these weapons that would just wipe other countries off the planet. And you know, it could have been something from that that might have triggered them to start getting the hold of me.
Speaker 1: It could have been a lot of this stuff is you know what I'm saying generational. There's a lot of people who have You know, your parents had a fear or phobia of this stuff because they've had dreams and nightmares and things that's happened, you know, loss of time and stuff like that. Has your your your children ever experienced anything. Do you think it's passed down nobody's ever said anything that I know.
Speaker 3: Of my daughter. She's attacked it as she would. I don't believe she would tell anybody. Yeah, as far as I know she had.
Speaker 1: Yeah, another question I got for you about just the area itself, right here, past the Gooula, Mississippi, just the Gulf coast right here. Really is there something special about it? Because this story means a little bit more to me too, because when I got into ufology and spirituality or whatever, I tried to go out and make contact. I would read the Bible, read that the angels were traveling back and forth from Heaven to Earth. And I have a prayer life, and I'm asking God to let me see one. If the Bible's true, if they travel back and forth, can I see one? And I started seeing. I started seeing lights that would fly by and stop on a dime and blink and say hello, and in fly another direction. Really interesting stuff. And so I worked livering car parts and I got out really early to jumping in my truck from Sarah Lamobile, Alabama, and I would head out on my route and I would come across the past of Goula Bridge here and I would stop at the rest area right, I mean, we're just a couple miles if that from it. I would stop at the rest area. I would try to get there as early as I could. In many mornings, i'd get that four in the morning, and I get out and I walk in the woods and I positioned my truck in a way that it would block out any light that was coming in and try to communicate telepathically, and I would see stuff here. I would see stuff, and it's really close to where this whole thing happened with you. I would see things that look like blimps, but you can see through them. They were transparent things. I'd see things flying that looked like stingrays flying in the air, but you could see through them. And it was just really weird aerial phenomena that let me know that something's up. I can't tell you exactly what those things were or what, but something's going on, and it just lights something.
Speaker 2: That you asked that question. Past.
Speaker 3: Pagoula is a special place to me since that I've always come back here. I always ended up back here. Something's pulling me in this direction, and I think there's something major and I don't know what it is, but I just feel the need to be here in past Pagoula and to be with the people that you know I'm around.
Speaker 2: I love the people.
Speaker 3: Here in Jackson County and Past Pagoola on the Mississippi Gulf coast, and I want to do everything I can for But I think it's kind of like in Close Encounters of the third kind. I think it's something fixing the bust wide open real soon around here.
Speaker 2: Now what it is, I don't know if it is anything.
Speaker 3: Unlike a lot of people, they're predict something BIG's gonna happen, and it don't never happen.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm not predicting nothing. I'm just saying, let me just.
Speaker 1: Turn on your TV. You could see that it's already here almost you know. As far as everything going.
Speaker 2: On, I'm special.
Speaker 3: It's gonna happen round here, and I believe there's a reason for trying to put this tiny town on the map again. And we've had deal's a lot of good deals offered people wanting to write screenplays and stuff, and we hadn't accepted anything real good right now. But when they send that screenplay, if it's not the truth and not going down, and if it's not helping Jackson County and Pastordula.
Speaker 2: I won't have nothing to do with it.
Speaker 1: Well, that's what you're talking about the screenplay, but also the book, like you mentioned, is the fact that with you agreeing to do this book and you didn't want nobody messing with your story. Hey, let's spice it up a little bit. Say they did this to you, say they did that, and you wanted to have total control over it. And so you working with a Philip, he agreed to do that, like you said, not being someone who you know has you know, this great education, but it's legit because it's your story and it hasn't been tampered with.
Speaker 3: And I had to give Philip crowded. I know he wanted to go ahead and do a little editing, but he didn't do it because he gave his word.
Speaker 2: He's took a lot of criticism, or not a lot, but some criticism.
Speaker 1: It's there. Yeah, and you.
Speaker 3: Know I'll go back and tell him. Look, I don't care what you say about him. He's a good man. He didn't edit the book because I didn't want it that it didn't He agreed not to do that. So that's me and Philip, and you don't know how much I appreciate him for what he's done. Philip has been a real inspiration for me. He's brought me more or less say out the closet. He's got me talking about this. But I think it's time to talk about all this. And you'll be surprised at the people that get in touch with me. That's got questions every day on Facebook or some kind of social media. Well, I got an experience I want to talk to you about. Well, I take time and I talked to him. You know what else have I got the time?
Speaker 1: Well, I mean when you was going through that wouldn't have been great if you say, hey, there's a guy who had an exact encounter or something very similar. I'm gonna call this guy. But there was you know, we're down here in the Bible Belt. There's nobody there's down here, and if we went to California or Denver, Colorado, they're everywhere. Right, it's accepted.
Speaker 3: There's one person that I talked to that did help me back when this happened was Betty Hill. Okay, I went and spent three or four days with Betty Hill, and in the back of my mind, why would I listen to Betty Hill. When I was going down there on the plane ride, I said, you know what, she did something that nobody would do. She was married to a black man, and you didn't do that back then. And she can get out and tell her story and take the ridicule that come on for being in a mixed marriage. She's telling the truth. And after I met the lady, she was so sweet, and she took me up in the mountains where they had their experience and tried to show me things we never seen nothing. But you know, she was sincere and genuine at heart, and I believe her from the bottom of my heart. I also send the star map she had, and I don't know if anything ever came out of it or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So what about your ridicule, Like I said, coming out with this stuff in I keep saying the Bible about it. I faced, you know, some some ridicule as well. But this is in the seventies as well, you know, So what about you? Where there naysayers, where their people, Hey, stay away from this guy's he's illoney making it up. And I know you didn't want the fame, you know, you didn't even want to talk about it. So what was some of the stuff that just came with it.
Speaker 3: Well, you know, people pretty well left me alone because I didn't want to talk. I didn't hit the publicity and ever now and then you find somebody, what was you drinking?
Speaker 2: What was you smoking? I want what you have?
Speaker 3: Yeah, I won't whatt you. But pretty much basically people left me alone. And the reason for that I think I just kept quiet and kept too muchself family, and I believe it was something in the future that was coming out, and I was kind of protected from all this. So you know, I've been lucky through.
Speaker 1: That's good because you have a lot of people who, you know, they grow bitter from that stuff. They have a beautiful encounter or even the scary encounter, it's their story, right, but because of all the ridicule and the mockery and the this info, they grow bitter with their age. And that's definitely how it happened, you know, to you. So that's that's a that's a plus, right.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, And since the books came out, I've had books signings one right here in past Pagola, there's two right here, and got to meet some people and that was said that you know, my mom and Daddy's saying this, and they told me about it that I was twelve years old and I seen it and we know what happened and we believe you. And that makes you feel good to get to know these people. And there wasn't nothing bad. Nobody from one of these book signings ever said anything bad. Yeah, I mean they spend good money come here and bought a book and to get the autograph just to meet made that makes me feel good inside, makes me feel like I'm honored.
Speaker 1: So are you having a decent turnout from that? Especially being again here? You know, here in the South of the Guys is a growing number of people who were asking you know what I'm saying, these bigger questions and things. Who show up for these.
Speaker 2: Hundreds of people.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And we usually will come in and they'll organize the book signing. We'll come in, just sit down and sign a few books, do a few autographs. Somebody said, well, you're in it for the money. I said, I don't make nothing off of it. To the book signings and things like that. I'm gonna date donate my time to be sure the pastor Goula gets the people in here that it needs. Is there something big going on, and I need to feel like they would now make a few dollars, you know, selling the books. Yeah, that comes from Amazon. Yeah, but you know I don't like my own time to come up because I enjoyed. I want to be with these people. I love these people. They're my neighbors, they my friends. And a person has very few true friends in his life and you better tack advantage other.
Speaker 1: I'm with you on that, Yes, sir John. Do we have any questions from the internet? What do we have here? Just want me to scroll and read some of these any of them, any of them stand out for you, Chris Garner, Let's see if we can check out some of these comments here. Chris Garner says, has has your perception of the encounter become more positive over time? Similar to Travis Walton telling the more positive message a year later?
Speaker 3: Years later, Well, I can't really say it's positive for none positive, Jerry.
Speaker 1: Well, like I said as well, like it's it's birth something in you that you're more compassionate. You could have died right these type of things, and it makes you not take life for granted.
Speaker 3: You know, you know, you take every day as you live it. You be the best you can. And I'm a firm blavor in karma. You can bring the karma on yourself, either good or bad, and I don't want no bad karma.
Speaker 2: I have enough problems in my life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, trying to undo some of that stuff. You know, John, what about you, man? Do you have any questions? I know you're big into uthology and and you're well studied as well.
Speaker 2: I guess my than ketchup will be experiences back when I was younger, back in Puerto Rico, where I've seen an actual bean, but my bean was different. Right, bean? Was you look humanoid?
Speaker 1: You had legs, arms, and you know, torso in the head, but no actual features, no eyeballs, nor mouth, nothing for those.
Speaker 2: But you will typically saw gloing man gloo and green you know are in de bulk.
Speaker 3: I always say, on the robotic creatures that come after me, I didn't Charlie sing facial features and all on them, but I didn't see.
Speaker 2: Nothing on them.
Speaker 3: But if you get down, just take our society. You got all these different races, all these different people. Nobody really looks the same or acts the same, and it's different races, and I feel like it's the same way with them. If they're here and they are from another planet, God had to invent them, and he might have invented them all in different images. Or maybe it's some angels that broke loose, and it's just really hard to say, but I think time is new to tell.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some of the uh, you know, if you read the scriptures, you see where people had these encounters with angels, they fell to their knees in fear. Right, there's just you know, these these these type of scary looking creatures or whatever the case is. You know, beasts did even call them, you.
Speaker 3: Know, exactly right, So you know, every right is different. Every person's different. I don't know if too many people that look the same, oh, you know on the Earth, but it is a few.
Speaker 1: Yeah, these these creatures you uh, you guys outlining in in here, the uh, they look different, they don't. You don't really see I mean you see this little guy here for those listening on the podcast, then it's just a little alien gray type being. And you see these guys a lot or whatever. So when it comes to these different humanoid type of beings that looked different, like there was like points on their heads and they just looked you know what I'm saying really different.
Speaker 3: So well, look at the different braids of dogs that you have, different braids of cattle that you have.
Speaker 2: All them's different.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I feel like, and like I say, you have good in everybody, you have bad in everybody. Now I want to consider myself good. Messed with my family or my friends. I can be bad and have been and I'm not the agents person in the world live with or I got the biggest heart in the world. You know, I'd get somebody's shirt off my back and they So that's just life though.
Speaker 1: Yeah. That's one thing that really came across to me is the fact that, like I said, I mentioned James Gilli and a lot of his stuff, you know, helped me early on when I was having my encounters. But he talked about just like you have racism, you know, and it offends them if you have a type of entity that looks different or kind of scary, not to you know, be shocked or not to be afraid, and you know, because it is like there's like a prejudice or whatever, or you know, how does it make that entity, that angel, that that alien you know from another planet field The fact that you you just think they look grotesque and it's so it's the same type of deal when we're dealing with humans as well.
Speaker 3: You know, you know, maybe you don't want to hug your neck, but you can't shot your hand. I know down here in the South, these books earning and stuff. You know, I'll tell most of these people, well, you know, we're from the soath.
Speaker 2: We hug.
Speaker 1: So if somebody wants to pick up a copy of the book, man, where's the best place to go to get one of those?
Speaker 2: Amazon?
Speaker 3: Pastor Goola The closest encounter my story, Calvin Parker.
Speaker 1: Calvin Parker, you gotta believe you can just go there, type your name and it'll come right up.
Speaker 2: Oh it comes up, yes, sir.
Speaker 1: Well, thank you for doing this podcast with me. I really enjoyed it as a pleasure to finally meet you as well and your story here and uh, you know, many blessings moving forward with it and getting that message across.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much. I enjoyed it. I appreciate it, and thank you all for listening in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank everybody for hanging out with us. And uh, with that, will say piece and shalom and blessings everyone. Thank you. And God bless. If you're a fan of youufology and want to hear more interesting interviews with UFO experiencers and even how it relates to spirituality, check out my podcast, The Truth Seeker Podcast on any podcasting platform. There you'll find me. Huge shout out to Jonathan Santiago, who traveled a long way to make this happen. Thank you so much for coming down, brother. Check out his podcast too at John Santiago Roth