Speaker 1: Yeah, ripped up news, need advice?
Speaker 2: Who you don't have?
Speaker 1: Come runing just as fast as we can. Shooter's gonna help me. Come man, this.
Speaker 3: Is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martino, Hey, hey.
Speaker 4: Hey, Tom Martino.
Speaker 5: Here, as you can see, we have a studio full of people, Thank goodness. We have sues front and center, lovely sues. And then we have Mark the Mug. And then who is this homely guy to my left or screen left? Who is that?
Speaker 6: Dame John with cmg are mortgage expert.
Speaker 5: I know John, God, John and I know each other thirty years John welcome, John Clays.
Speaker 7: Thirty years John, Oh, yeah, thirty at least years. And yeah, at least.
Speaker 5: John and Matt and his wonderful late brother and dads.
Speaker 6: I knew them all.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, we we had we've had many of fun.
Speaker 7: Yes, we did.
Speaker 6: We No, I'm not and I.
Speaker 5: Don't mean, I don't mean rowdy crap, but we've had a we've had a lot of fun.
Speaker 6: At various places, parties and stuff.
Speaker 5: We we really go way back and it was.
Speaker 6: Good, good fun.
Speaker 8: Though.
Speaker 5: We're good friends. And how's Matt doing, by the way, John.
Speaker 7: Matt's doing great, you know, he's still here in here and Denver over there by the Dave and Busters area of the Colorado Center. And you know, their Paradigm group is still still doing He's doing well. He told me just hi and yeah, he's doing great.
Speaker 5: All right anyway, three oh three seven one three talk seven one three.
Speaker 6: Eight two five five.
Speaker 5: People, we welcome you to the show. You're all part of the family. I have my YouTube morons, I have my Discord group. I have my people on Facebook and nextdoor and all over social media. Plus just on the radio, on our radio, our sister station's cardio and other stations around the country, or people that take us on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 6: I get texts every day from.
Speaker 5: People all over saying, man, we love hearing you, we just discovered you, or others who moved away and stayed in touch with us.
Speaker 6: So thanks.
Speaker 5: Welcome to the Troubleshooter family and this hour brought to you by water pros. Now, I'm going to just tell you something. This Validae's Valentine's Day special people, I swear to you, I can't believe this.
Speaker 6: Okay.
Speaker 5: Remember just the other day I was saying thirty four ninety five to get rid of all the crap in your house, right, get the best water system, but for drinking water you add the reverse osmosis for eleven hundred. Still great pricing. So what is that thirty four ninety five plus thirty one plus eleven hundred, blah blah blah. It's over four grand right right now until Valentine's Day.
Speaker 6: This is unbelievable.
Speaker 5: So I'm only going to say at once this show because there's a limited number till Valentine's both systems reverse osmosis at the kitchen sink for drinking water and a whole house system for all the other crap to make your plumbing safe. Use saves laundry, save wonderful conditioned water. Both systems, and this is not a misprint. Three thousand, one hundred ninety five thirty one ninety five unbelievable. If you never got this, you better get it. Three zero three eighty six y two five five five four waterpros dot net. Now, speaking of products that work, I wanted to dedicate today to products that work and products that don't work. Have you ever bought something and it just doesn't work? No, I'm not talking about broken down. I'm not talking about defective. I'm talking about the a holes we're selling it, are lying to you. It just never works.
Speaker 6: I'm gonna give you one. How about the ultrasound that keeps mice mice away?
Speaker 9: True?
Speaker 6: What a piece of crap.
Speaker 5: And by the way, Deputy Bow is with me, chiming and Bow, have you bought one of those?
Speaker 10: I did, and I even built one. Wants to check it out. And those things are just a scam. They do absolutely do not work.
Speaker 5: I want to I know Brian the mouse guy listens to a slot the mouse and critter and guys. I want to know what he thinks about those ultrasound systems. I don't think I ever directly asked him, but people waste money these things that plug in and apparently they emit some kind of sound and it won't let varmint surround you anyway.
Speaker 6: Scott, what's going on with you?
Speaker 5: Scott is uh talking about speaking of which? Animal protection? So I don't know what's going on Scott? Hi, Scott, I'm tom ar what's happening him?
Speaker 11: So we had an encounter with Denver Animal Patrol. We had taken our dog to the vet to have a injury with his foot checked out. It turned out that is a whorbit and that he was fine. On the way home, we stopped by home depot. I was just getting some pickets to fix the fence, and someone called animal patrol. The officer was extremely rude. My wife was pretty.
Speaker 5: Wait wait wait, wait wait, you just hold on, hold on, bro, Bro, you took dog to the vet for foot injury.
Speaker 6: And you said yeah, and then you stopped at home.
Speaker 5: You stopped at home depot and they called animal control. You're leaving something out. Why would someone call animal control because you're at home depot with your dog.
Speaker 11: So the dog was in the car with his foot, he was limping, and so dog was in the car windows and rolled down the temperature. I'm it wasn't even eighty degrees. It was around eighty degrees.
Speaker 12: Temperatures are rolled down.
Speaker 5: So what time of year? What time of year was this? What time of year was it?
Speaker 11: So this was twenty twenty three and it was August.
Speaker 5: Fifth, August fifth, Oh good, you're very precise.
Speaker 6: Twenty twenty three. Took dog to the vet, Okay, got it.
Speaker 5: Then on the way home, stopped at the Okay, go on with your story.
Speaker 11: And so an animal protection officer came out and again rude, yelling at my wife, who was pregnant. We had our son with us, who was around a year old, yelling at both me and my wife in front of ourselves.
Speaker 6: What were they yelling at?
Speaker 5: What were they saying, Hey, this is too hot to have a dog in here.
Speaker 6: Whatever.
Speaker 11: Pretty much more of it was. And it's that you know, we were bad pet owners, that this is dangerous, that something could have happened to the dog, and that it was irresponsible. You should know better. What we recall the officer saying is that she said, let's stick your son in the car. See how long he lasts. The officer instructed us to sit into the car and roll up the windows to see how we like it. And so there wasn't.
Speaker 6: It got very It got very contentious.
Speaker 5: It got very contentious.
Speaker 11: Very contentious, and from the from the start. So the first thing that the officer said, all right.
Speaker 5: So what are you calling about today? This was August fifth, twenty twenty three. You're calling today, which is February fifth, twenty twenty five. What is the new development?
Speaker 13: So we had.
Speaker 11: A trial, and what.
Speaker 6: Were you charged with?
Speaker 11: Animal? The animal.
Speaker 6: Cruelty, the animal abuse.
Speaker 2: Cruelty, animal cruel Were you ticketed?
Speaker 6: Were you ticketed? Or did they take the dog?
Speaker 5: What happened that day?
Speaker 11: So it was a summon, So it was over forty minutes of the officer doing what they felt that they needed to do.
Speaker 5: So you were ticketed for animal cruelty. Now, normally it goes to hearing way sooner than two years later. So when did it? So have you been appealing and fighting this? I mean, why is it going on so long?
Speaker 11: So the trial itself wasn't until November of last year, so.
Speaker 5: They didn't offer any kind of plea, bargain or anything.
Speaker 13: No.
Speaker 11: So the first day that I went to the summon, I am a licensed profession in the city of Denver and part of the renewal for that.
Speaker 6: All right, hold on, I'm.
Speaker 5: Gonna take a break and I'm gonna hear your story coming back on. Tom Martino three oh three seven, one three eight two five five Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. I'm Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. All right, now, before I go back to my uh anial, protect an issue really quick. Brian the mouse guy, I just want to ask you do those sonic ultrasound things work to get rid of critters, mice and stuff?
Speaker 14: For about what will happen is about two weeks into it, they get used to it and they come back in so they really don't worry.
Speaker 5: So it does initially wait a minute, Initially it does have some kind.
Speaker 14: Yes, it's an irritant. It's an irritant. They're not sure what it is. It's like if you walk into a room with a high pitched noise. You're not going to scam in it for any length of time.
Speaker 5: I get it. But then they get used to it and they come back when they know it's not a danger.
Speaker 6: They come back correct.
Speaker 5: All right, Hey, thank you, Brian. Appreciate it. Now, Jared, you have a comment on this animal case?
Speaker 6: What is it?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 16: How you doing? Tom? I just I got to agree with the animal officer on this one. You know, you can't leave your dog in the car an eighty degrees day. You know how hot is it in that car? I mean, if he wouldn't leave his kid in the car, why would he leave his dog in the car.
Speaker 5: I think he said the windows were open and it was just yet. Look, I'm not you're right, Jared. I imagine that the officer. I'm happy they're doing their job. What I don't understand is what Scott's calling about right now? So Scott, you can finish your story. So in August of twenty three, you got the ticket. It finally went to court. You were ticketed for animal cruelty. And what's going on?
Speaker 17: And so the issue with the case is, so the officer did come out, they did take measurements of the car, and they testified twice.
Speaker 11: There's a motion hearings person and at the trial, the dog was not exhibiting any signs of distress. The dog was sitting up right with alert that they were attempted to the officer. The officer testified that they saw no reason to get the dog out of the car in Tishade to provide the dog with water. They saw no reason for them to intervene on the dog's behalf. The lug was healthy, that there wasn't anything that concerned them.
Speaker 8: The issue with the case.
Speaker 11: So when I complained about the officer's behavior to Denver Animal Protection, they increase the charges against me, so that not only are we doing animal cruelty but also doing animal neglegs that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they you know.
Speaker 5: What they they often do that. They often do that. I'm sorry they do yeah, and so, and they do that with traffic and everything. They what they try to do is say, look, if we're gonna go to court anyway and expend the money, let's uh, let's just do whatever we need to do. I know people think it's a punishment, and it kind of is. But but what they're saying is, if we're going to go to court, let's fight, and we may as well fight all the charges. So anyway, let's speed forward to the issue today that makes you call because so far, nothing really out of order. I'm not saying necessarily that you should be happy with him or agree with him, but nothing out of order.
Speaker 6: You got a ticket, it went to court. So now where where do we stand?
Speaker 11: So with the decision from the court, what was the sentence? So with with adding the animal cruelty to the animal neglect charge, there is something that says that when you.
Speaker 6: Were you found guilty, Scott.
Speaker 9: The yes, the judge ruled guilty.
Speaker 4: Scott.
Speaker 6: I am okay, I listen.
Speaker 5: I know you're struggling with this man, but I need information because I know what you're doing. You don't want to tell me stuff you disagree with, but I need to know you were convicted.
Speaker 7: Of what.
Speaker 11: Animal?
Speaker 6: Animal cruelty?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 6: Anything else?
Speaker 8: Nope?
Speaker 6: The judge just okay, So.
Speaker 5: What do you okay? So, so are are you appealing it?
Speaker 7: Yes, Scott?
Speaker 6: And where where does it stand right now?
Speaker 11: We're in the appeals process?
Speaker 6: Dog? Okay? What were you going to say? Bo Scott?
Speaker 7: Did day confiscate the dog? Do you have your dog?
Speaker 8: We still have the dog.
Speaker 5: You don't have your Oh they took it away, so is your dog?
Speaker 11: They did not confiscate the dog.
Speaker 8: We still have the dogs.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, So what are you calling about? Scott, what can we help you with if anything?
Speaker 11: So, with the conviction of the animal cruelty, our son was born last March. He was born with special needs, art defects, stuff like that. I ended my job in order to be an own caregiver for our son. With a charge of animal cruelty, I cannot be a caregiver for a population that.
Speaker 5: Really wait wait, wait, so wait a minute, you're not allowed. Let me get this straight. You're not allowed to care for your son at home.
Speaker 11: I am not allowed to be a licensed caregiver for vulnerable Okaya as a conviction of and you.
Speaker 5: Hold on, you wanted Scott, I got to get the whole picture. You you were trying to get a license, so when you care for your son, you could be reimbursed.
Speaker 6: Is that correct?
Speaker 13: Correct?
Speaker 11: Being a license?
Speaker 5: Okay, an assistant, I get that, man, I get that. So now you want to change this career because of your son and and and your life's changes, and this conviction truly truly keeps you from doing that.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 11: And I know that we're getting into a little.
Speaker 5: Bit of the thicket here, but with the case, no, no, I understand exactly. I understand exactly why you're concerned whether it's your son or not. You want to be a licensed caregiver, and you can't.
Speaker 7: Correct.
Speaker 6: Is this for life?
Speaker 11: And so it will be on my record for a minimum of three years. During those three years I can't. I can then try to get it off of my record, and then when you go and get licensed, they will still do a background check and depending on how deep that goes.
Speaker 5: And you know what, No, I'm serious when you look at the substance of this whole thing, leaving the dog with the window open, they didn't even think the dog needed any assistance.
Speaker 6: But I mean, I'm not saying.
Speaker 5: People should do this, okay, but for that to make a life impact like this, you would think there should be some way to get this expunged or something. What do you think about this, sus.
Speaker 18: I don't know. I mean, like a lot of our YouTube es are saying, like, if there is enough time for animal control to come out, that dog was in the car for quite some time, So it's like, okay, but was.
Speaker 5: The dog on an eighty degree day with the window open? How much was the window open? By the way, I'm just curious. Look, and I'm not making excuses for this guy.
Speaker 6: I want to make that very clear.
Speaker 5: It pisses me off when I see this, But does he deserve a life sentence? I mean when you take into consideration now, if this guy was fighting dogs and regularly abusing animals, I would say, no way, can you be a caregiver? You can't even care for dogs. But if this was truly a one time thing, I mean, I don't know was it a one time thing?
Speaker 6: Have you ever been in trouble before?
Speaker 5: See if we got to take a break and we'll talk about it coming back.
Speaker 6: I'm Tom Martino three oh three seven.
Speaker 5: One three eight two five five Knah Home Solutions, the people with heritage and great products, and I urge you to call them three oh three four two one seventy one hundred go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hey Tom Martino here three oh three seven one three talks seven one three eight two five five. Welcome to the only show of us kind anywhere in the universe. Frank ran In the real Estate Man. Call him right now if you want to know what your house will sell for. You know, I've been thinking about it. I've been think you know what, Maybe I do want to get out of Dodge and get somewhere in a smaller neighborhood somewhere, and how about starting his home studio all over again.
Speaker 6: I'm just kidding.
Speaker 5: If you want to get a price for your house and what it will sell for, Frank will do that analysis free of charge. Three h three nine to zero, sixteen twenty two. Franc Rund the real estate Man dot com. And speaking of that, John Clays, I just want to ask you something real quick. We talk about reverse loans, and I want to ask something. If somebody wants to buy a house, can a reverse loan be put on a new house?
Speaker 6: How would that work?
Speaker 7: Yes? Actually it's becoming quite popular because people, you know, selling getting equity but so you would still do the reverse. So you know, Ballpark, you're going to have to put down about about sixty percent of the price of the house to qualify for the reverse purchase. But yes, a lot, yes, a lot of people are doing it. It's just like a reverse mortgage, but for a purchase. So works just like a regular purchase, but your own reverse. But it's so so.
Speaker 5: Then they move in and they can have that line of credit just sit there. They don't need it right away, but if they need it, they can tap it. But if they're going to be in that house, they don't ever have to worry about making a payment, never have.
Speaker 7: To worry about making the payment. All they got to do is pay their property taxes and homeowers insurance, and yeah, they live there for the rest of their life without making them money.
Speaker 5: Are you allowed to use the proceeds of the loan or the line of credit to pay for taxes and insurance?
Speaker 7: You can? So, just just to be clear, So say you were buying a house and you paid off who you're going to bring all cash. Now you would have the line of credit would be about forty percent of that, so you're going to but you would have equity of that to pay any bills you wanted.
Speaker 5: So, yes, you're good, all right, that's CMG mortgage, of course, CMG Financial. I'm going to go back now. So Scott, I don't know what to do about this man. Have you inquired with an attorney? Did you have an attorney through this process?
Speaker 8: Yes?
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 11: I started with an attorney, but because I mean, we had to take open up a new credit card because of the costs, and we max it out, and so I ended up defending myself at trial. I with all the costs, especially with you know, our son. We're trying to figure out how to navigate this, and you know, I agree with you. I would never intentionally harm my dog. The officer stated that they never saw anything wrong with the dog. My issue is the officer in the report said that the temperatures that they were measuring were the ambient air temperatures inside the car. They were using a laser guns. They didn't use it properly. I couldn't submit any of that evidence about the user.
Speaker 5: But but it's over, Bro, It's but it's over. I mean, you appeal it, but it's over. I think you're going to lose the appeal What I want to know is this, be honest with me.
Speaker 6: I want to know.
Speaker 5: Did they offer you something that wouldn't have been a full fledged conviction and you just wanted to fight it?
Speaker 6: I mean, did they offer something less.
Speaker 11: No, I had to plead guilty, and that guilty tree is what would impact my ability to be licensed.
Speaker 5: But did they would they make it? Would they make it a lesser charge?
Speaker 11: No, I would have to plead guilty to animal cruelty, which would no longer allow me to be a caregiver for a full vulnerable population. I get it, man, they knew that.
Speaker 7: I don't.
Speaker 5: I don't have an answer for you, Scott, Scott, what were you hoping?
Speaker 6: And I always ask this because I really mean this.
Speaker 5: What were you hoping we could find out for you that that you can get this.
Speaker 6: Reversed or something?
Speaker 5: I mean you you are going through an appeals process?
Speaker 11: Yeah, And I guess part of it is that I am at my I don't know what to do with this. You know, I I'm trying.
Speaker 5: Well, you're not going to get if you're you're not going to get free legal help. I know that you're appealing to us because your son has special needs. I need to ask a question. Were you planning and I don't care if you were, there's nothing wrong with it. Were you planning on using your CNA to care for your son and be reimbursed.
Speaker 6: Yes, A lot of parents.
Speaker 5: Do this, and I want to explain this to those listening so they don't think it's some kind of scam. A lot of parents think if I have to take off work anyway and take care of my special needs child, at least I don't have to lose one hundred percent of my income because if I had to hire someone, we'd have to pay. So if I get my license, I can do it and get reimbursed.
Speaker 6: Obviously, you'd probably take a big.
Speaker 5: Cut and pay from what you're making, but you wanted to take care of your son. I don't know what to say about it, man, Honest to god, I just don't know what to say about it, because there's no answer right now. You're going to have to either wait until it's expunged or or until it drops off, or you're going to have to get it expunged, which is going to be expensive, or you're going to have to win the appeal. There really is no answer here that you like.
Speaker 6: I wonder if you judge to say, and then I have to move on.
Speaker 10: Go ahead this real quick, Scott bo go what I would do.
Speaker 7: Do your appeal, but go ahead and take on the conviction.
Speaker 10: But just tell the judge because of your circumstances with your son, you can't get this last.
Speaker 5: Did you explain that to the judge?
Speaker 8: I did.
Speaker 11: And the reason for the appeal and the grounds for the appeal is again what the judge convicted on. The prosecutor said that they would not go after and so I'm not asking.
Speaker 5: I'm not asking if you asked the judge to retry it. I'm asking if you explained to the judge the special circumstances the judge is not to retry the case.
Speaker 11: Okay, correct, yep, And I did. I explained it at the time. I explained it before she did the sentence seem that this is why I could not accept the initial when you show up for your okay, I get it.
Speaker 5: Well, man, they must think this is a pretty damn severe case.
Speaker 6: That's all I can say. They must.
Speaker 5: And Scott, I know that you have evidence that says that the cops saw no big or the enforcement officer saw no need for assistance and all that, But I don't know what else to tell you. Mark, Do you have any ideas? Sore's any ideas? Where do we get Joe Lazaron?
Speaker 19: Could we could ask him if he has an opinion on it?
Speaker 6: Time, Let's do it. Okay, let's just Scott, we'll call you back.
Speaker 5: Let's try to get that. Let's try to get some some experts on here. Hey, Adam, you have a comment on property taxes? What's going on? Man?
Speaker 15: That's only I'm a couple of acres in Pueblo, West Colorado, and I just got my cask bill. And what aims that they did is I own one lot that has a house on it. One lot is an empty residential lot. They have seen to change the residential lot to what they call vacant land, and they're now taxing at twenty seven and a half percent versus the seven and a half percent as last year.
Speaker 5: Okay, a vacant lot is vacant land and they're not going to be taxed. Well, it's a residential lot, that's right. Are you telling me that a residential lot? See, a residential lot is usually only taxed as a residential lot. Hold on, man, A residential lot is only a temporary designation while you're building or about to build, or plan to build. If you do not, if you have it as extra land, it's going to be vacant.
Speaker 15: Even if it's a residence. But you know it's good.
Speaker 5: No, I want to hear what your reasoning is. I mean, you have it, is it?
Speaker 8: Is it?
Speaker 5: Do you plan on selling it or building on it?
Speaker 15: I eventually plan on building on it, but not anytime in the near future.
Speaker 6: Then it's vacant land. I know you don't like that idea, but it.
Speaker 15: Is, even though I have loaned it for ten years and it's always been taxed as a residential lock.
Speaker 5: No, that's very that's very unusual that they let you get away with it that long.
Speaker 6: And I'm going to tell you something. It depends.
Speaker 5: It depends on the assessor's office and how they handle it. I'm not telling you I agree with them. I mean you might be able to appeal it, Adam and win.
Speaker 15: Well, I think I can't because they're quoting so new Supreme Court that got passed here in Colorado that is saying they have the right to claim it all as vacant land, even though it's that's right.
Speaker 6: Please, that's right. That's exactly now.
Speaker 5: No, no, if you made it as one lot, that's not true. I got to take a break. I'll explain it to you. Three oh three seven to one three eight two five five eight eight eight. Heating dot com will get you high efficiency units at the best price ever three oh three seven seven zero two seven seven six. If you're looking to save thirty forty percent a month eight eight eight heating dot com go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance checkup, free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance Paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance.
Speaker 6: Three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 5: I'm Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three all three seven one three talk seven one three each two five five. Joel Azara is a criminal defense attorney. He knows a lot about crime and all kinds of stuff. Listen, Joe in a nutshell, this guy left his dog in a car, went to home depot and got a ticket for animal cruelty. He was eventually convicted of animal cruelty while well, and by the way, the dog was not distressed and not died or anything, and people, you know, I don't agree with doing that at all, but it seems quite severe that after this conviction he cannot be as CNA. He wants to be a licensed caregiver, partially to help care for his own son and be reimbursed since he has to leave his job. Joe, they say, no, you're not qualified. Is it difficult to get that expunged?
Speaker 20: It is difficult in a tent that is generally a class one misdemeanor. That's what I'm assuming he pled to, but considering, you know, it's considering he's completed it and if his significant time has elapsed. There are different provisions. I would have to look up specifically whether or not you can feel that, but there are different provisions to get people a second chance. I don't know if that's something that's permitted to be sealed or not.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 5: Other than that, Scott we don't know what to tell you, bro, And you can call Joe Lazara l A z Z A r A.
Speaker 6: Really he'll answer questions for you.
Speaker 5: And by the way, if you ever do hirements on a flat rate basis Lazara Legal dot com rate we find him at referralss dot com til three four six.
Speaker 6: Two hundred go ahead, Yes, hey, Joe. If this happened in Denver, I assume it's Denver only, so if he moved to Douglas County, it wouldn't follow him or how does that work?
Speaker 20: Well, what's interesting the conviction assuming it's a misdemeanor, and now it could be something less, but assuming it's a misdemeanor, it would follow him throughout the state. But if he's completed probation, the only thing that's saying he can't be a c CNA and licensed caregiver must be something either with regards to the CNA or the federal you know, being compensated as a caregiver.
Speaker 5: But it is just a.
Speaker 20: Generally, a misdemeanor has no real impact on you.
Speaker 6: That's weird, all right.
Speaker 5: I gotta move on to Adam real quick. Adams, listen, I did some research, thank you, Joe Adam, I did some research and I misunderstood what I was saying or what the rules are. Here are the rules. Listen carefully, this is really important. All lots, all lots are considered vacant land, all of them, whether they're going to be built on or not, they're all considered vacant land. Now, if your lot is contiguous to you the extra lot, and if both parcels have identical ownership, and if the other parcel will not be sold and will be used as one unit, then it should be taxed as residential land.
Speaker 15: All three of those apply. And they are still saying it is vacant land, and it is okay, and they have suddenly made this year and it's only made in Pueblo County.
Speaker 5: Okay, Well it's not only made in Pueblo County. According to this, they're doing it all over because people. What people were doing is land next to them, and they were calling part of their lot to get a lower rate. And what the Supreme Court decided in Mook versus the Board of County Commission of Summit County is that the land must be literally touching your land. It must be an extension of your land. It must have the exact same ownership, and it must be used together as a collective unit for one property.
Speaker 6: It's not going to be sold.
Speaker 5: You told me at the beginning of this you are someday going to build on it.
Speaker 15: I am. I am someday going to build a house for my son. I have two sons.
Speaker 6: Then that would be considered.
Speaker 5: Then it's then if that's your intent, it is vacant land right now, even.
Speaker 15: If currently it is used as a as a yard off the same property.
Speaker 5: Yes, because your intent is not to have it as a collective unit. Look, how would they even know that? Did you tell them that?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 15: No, but see that's just it is. No, they have just made this change this year to every lot you're in Pueblo County.
Speaker 5: Well, no, they're not the only one. Everyone has.
Speaker 15: It only is thirty seven acres in Costilla County that is vacant land or and they are still packing it at seven and a half.
Speaker 5: Of sent Okay, are they calling your thirty seven acres a residential lot?
Speaker 15: I do not exactly. I don't know what they're calling that one. But the one in Pueblo they are calling vacant life.
Speaker 5: In order I get it I get it.
Speaker 6: I get it at them.
Speaker 5: You can appeal it. According to the Supreme Court, they might be wrong. You can appeal it. It has to be connected. It has to be service one unit. It has to serve have exact own. That means not husband and wife on one and husband on another.
Speaker 6: It has to be exact.
Speaker 5: More coming up, Go with a sure thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped of news need so you don't have.
Speaker 22: Come runnxious as fast as we can.
Speaker 1: Shooter's gonna help come.
Speaker 6: This is the Troubleshooter Show.
Speaker 5: No Tom Martino, Hey Tom Martino here, Welcome to the show. Three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. We have a consumer show here that tries to help people each and every day and we love doing it. So thanks for being here. And uh, what I'd like to do is, uh go to the phones three oh three seven one three talk seven one three eight two five five. Of course we do that each and every day. And this hour brought to you by k H Home Solutions. If you want window siding, doors and more, go with the company that's been around sixty five years, three oh three four to one seventy one hundred. Now let's talk to you, Marianne. What's going on? What is this issue with a contractor?
Speaker 2: Marianne, Hi, thanks for taking my call. I purchased a home last June from my father in Park County, Colorado. It was an FHA low needed a new septic system. I found a contractor through originally called Premier Consulting and Construction and then changed over to KMA Professional Services midway through my contract with him.
Speaker 5: Hold on now, wait a minute, Wait a minute, Wait a minute, this is important, Marianne. This company that you hired to do a septic is that because it failed inspection?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: And was that FAHA said you needed a new one?
Speaker 2: Yes? No, the county said, I needed a new one, and they were going, well, I understand that.
Speaker 5: So when did they Here's what I don't understand. Normally, if you go buy a house, the only time the county would chime in about a sceptic is if you ask them about it.
Speaker 2: I had to because of the Park County regulation. I had to get the septic pumped and I needed Okay, I needed it, Okay, yeah, okay. So they were requiring that and then it failed and then they required a new system.
Speaker 6: Okay, I get it.
Speaker 5: And so you hired this company called what what's the company you actually hired?
Speaker 2: The company I originally hired was Premiere Consulting and Construction.
Speaker 5: Now when you say that they changed, Well, how did.
Speaker 6: That happen if they had a contract with you?
Speaker 2: So it just started appearing on invoices. No, there was no formal It went from.
Speaker 5: It went from Premiere. It went from Premiere Construction to what.
Speaker 2: To k m A Professional Services?
Speaker 5: Now did they actually sell? Did they morph?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 5: How did they do this?
Speaker 2: This is just one individual? So Christopher Terry, Yeah, Christopher.
Speaker 5: So both entities were owned by Christopher Lockstock and Barrel right like.
Speaker 6: There's no other owners. No, it's just Okay, Chris.
Speaker 5: And that's Terry a tea, isn't tom t E R R Y. That's right, Okay, So continue your story.
Speaker 2: So he uh tried to begin the product before I closed on the house. She came in April, and he figured he could do this since I was already living here and my dad was here. So he came in April and did the excavation for the test pit. We had two eighty five engineering come out and start the design process. But obviously I didn't have any funds to pay anybody until the contract was in place with the bank after the home was closed on.
Speaker 5: So well, yeah, well, how are you going to address that? This often happens where you're required to do something but you can't do it. Yeah, Normally what happens is you pay for it. So how did you address this in the contract that you needed this done before you could close and give them the money?
Speaker 2: So that part of it really wasn't addressed that to start before the close of the house. I didn't give him any money either, nothing.
Speaker 5: So everything I understand, but there had to be some discussion on how you were going to pay. You never said to to Terry or Christopher Terry, Hey, I won't be able to pay you until my loan closes.
Speaker 7: That.
Speaker 2: I did tell him that several times in a text, So I have everything documented.
Speaker 5: Okay, I did keep going, tell me it may not have to do with this, just keep going.
Speaker 6: What happened?
Speaker 2: So he started everything, and then we started failing inspections from the county after we sold the house and everything started getting going. The first fine I had to pay because he wasn't He kept telling me he was going to invoice and send it into my bank. So implied that I needed to pay and it wasn't going to get done and we weren't going to get started. So I ended up just paying the fine. It was five and twenty three dollars. And then we just came.
Speaker 6: What was the fine?
Speaker 5: What was the actual fine for? What was the fine for?
Speaker 9: Fine?
Speaker 2: The fine was because he covered test pits before the county could inspect it, and then he didn't have the pulme permit posted.
Speaker 5: Okay, okay, I get it, but that's that's more of a technicality.
Speaker 6: Was the system actually rejected? Yeah?
Speaker 2: So it was so this again, this started. Let me back up, this started, faith, Mariann.
Speaker 5: I don't care when it started. Here's what I need to know, Mariann. I need to know some very basics. Did the system itself fail or was it the process of covering it up? Did the system fail? Okay, I guess I'm not going to get an answer. I asked her if the system itself failed inspection or was it the procedure that he did wrong?
Speaker 13: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What was it? I mean, mary Anne? I think she hung up. Why would she has the answer?
Speaker 5: Because I think she doesn't want to give me all the because I need information and and and she just wanted to keep telling me other stuff. Maybe I don't know, but I can't hang on for it. Three oh three seven one three A two five five. John Clace, we have a a text for you. And the text has to do with the all in one loan. I call it the liquid loan. They want to know if it's a thirty year line of credit, do you have access to that equity for the full thirty years or do they expect you to start paying down at some time or can you pay down in the last year.
Speaker 7: So, yes, it's a true thirty year line of credit. And what it does is for the first ten years you have access to the full line then, so then they take the last twenty years. They take basically whatever say you borrowed four hundred thousand, They divide four hundred thousand by forty is twenty years and months, and they reduce your line by that much. So if you use the loan correctly, you never have to worry about it because all it does is go four hundred thousand, now, have three hundred and ninety eight thousand available. Then the next month three ninety six and hopefully have your loan.
Speaker 6: Paddam, I get it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and they do that so you're don't end up with a balance on day zero.
Speaker 7: It's a force force payoff after thirty years.
Speaker 5: So yeah, yes, of course, but it is a true line of credit, first deed of trust, and every dime you keep in the bank counts against the average daily balance to reduce your overall interest.
Speaker 6: We have to take a break right now. Three oh three seven, one, three eight, two five five.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free no obligation. Comparison call compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies. Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one.
Speaker 6: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Oh Hi, Tom Martino, you're troubleshooter three O three and won three talk seven.
Speaker 6: One three eight two five five.
Speaker 5: Hey, Marian, I'm sorry we were disconnected. Here's the bottom line. You bought a home from your dad. It needed a new septic. You hired a company to do the septic. You said it failed inspection, Did it did the system did? They say the system was defective when it failed, and.
Speaker 2: He never put it in. So what he did was he did the excavation. He ended up laying the piping down. He never connected anything to the house. Uh, this was supposed to be a high functioning system where it was above ground connected to a pump, because I get it.
Speaker 6: Yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: And so he kept failing inspections with how he was even laying the pipe. So he failed three inspections in total, and then he kept calling them out and for unfinished work.
Speaker 15: Anyway.
Speaker 2: Wow, he kept telling me and give me the run around about that he had purchased a tank and that they were going to deliver it.
Speaker 23: That went on for over.
Speaker 2: Three months and nothing ever delivered. I finally called the supplier. They had never heard of him, They had never heard of me, my address his company.
Speaker 6: But you've met.
Speaker 5: But up to this point, you hadn't paid anything to him up to this point, right, No.
Speaker 2: No, because he was submitting draws from the HUT through the Hut inspector, who, by the way, never came in person to inspect, which is wait.
Speaker 6: Wait wait, so did HUD pay him?
Speaker 15: Yes?
Speaker 5: Wait, HUD paid him out of a loan you didn't even close on.
Speaker 6: Is something you never signed for?
Speaker 2: No? No, no, no, I closed on the house in June. Everything everything I'm talking about now happened thereafter.
Speaker 7: Okay, did they Did they hold the money and escrow after when you closed to get before that?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Apparently they did, John, That's why. That's why they made dispersements. But HUD had a responsibility or whoever was holding the money in escrow had a responsibility to inspect before giving those draws.
Speaker 15: That's right.
Speaker 2: But they didn't, so I uh.
Speaker 5: Well, how much? How much did he get paid so far?
Speaker 2: A little over forty nine thousand?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 6: Whoa whoa, whoa whoa whoa how much? Well, here's what I need to know.
Speaker 5: Did you get someone independent to look at that to say this is what is going to cost to fix?
Speaker 2: Did you mean another contractor?
Speaker 6: Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, I had another contractor come out and give me another quote. Because nothing's done. I have visible sewage leaking. He dug a pit next to my current leach field. That leechfield is now leaking into that open pit, and I have damage to my home. I have all sorts of stuff he did with his equipment, okay, to my property.
Speaker 5: So right now, right now, this guy's been paid forty nine thousand dollars by Hudd out of your money, Yeah, for a system that never passed.
Speaker 2: Exactly and or was even in.
Speaker 5: What does HUDs say? What does HUDs say about that? About releasing that money?
Speaker 2: All I could do was make a claim and I have to wait thirty to sixty days before anything happens with them.
Speaker 5: Here's what I also need to know this he was paid forty nine grand.
Speaker 6: What was the total?
Speaker 8: So I have?
Speaker 5: In other words, what is the contract total forty.
Speaker 6: Nine of what.
Speaker 2: God, it was a little over two thousand.
Speaker 5: Oh way, so so basically he's been paid in full. Basically, basically he's been paid in full.
Speaker 7: Yes, I would try to get the title company on your side or involved, because when they closed, I mean they they're the ones who had to put the money in escrow. I would think, I.
Speaker 6: Don't understand how they release that.
Speaker 5: There are there are provisions for for for releasing money like that which calls for inspections that that HUD guy.
Speaker 6: Is going to be in trouble. Yeah, but isn't this why title insurance exists?
Speaker 8: I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm not familiar with any of it. It's my first time buying a house.
Speaker 7: I would get title company. I think it'd probably be better than HUD directly, but just to get them on your side.
Speaker 6: Up you need all right? You're well?
Speaker 5: Okay, so right now, where does this stand? Are you living in the home?
Speaker 2: I am? Soon we're going to what hold on?
Speaker 5: Does the system Marianne? Does the system function? Or are you still using the old system because the new one hasn't been interconnected?
Speaker 2: Right right, the new one has no tank. There's no tank existing because he's so.
Speaker 6: The new one has not been to the house yet, not at all.
Speaker 2: No, so we have the old system. It works, but each field is failing.
Speaker 5: I get it, I get it. And so where does this stand right now? With this guy? Does Christopher Terry know? Does he realize that he owes you a lot of work to get it running? Or does he think he's done? What does he think?
Speaker 2: I have not heard from him. He has totally ghosted me. I have done a lot of research found out that he's done this multiple times to other people, also skipped around some different.
Speaker 6: Done what multiple times?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 6: Wait? Which part did he do multiple times?
Speaker 2: He starts projects, ruins them, doesn't do them properly, or doesn't finish them when in leaves, takes as much money as you can and.
Speaker 10: Goos, Marianne, Is this the same day and a mechanical and monument Colorado?
Speaker 7: That did you work?
Speaker 6: Can you say that again?
Speaker 2: You're a little client.
Speaker 6: Where is he out of monument monument? No?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, he is out of Centennial.
Speaker 6: He's looking up the.
Speaker 5: Different Sorry I could listen. Where did you ever talk to an attorney about this.
Speaker 2: Kind of I have a custody attorney that I was going to use you.
Speaker 5: No, no, no, no no. You don't use an attorney you're using for something else. You use an attorney who specializes in this stuff. We just talked to an attorney yesterday and how that might be able to help you, and we'll to get him on to to to We ought to get him on to give us a first blush on this. You have all your contracts and stuff.
Speaker 8: I do.
Speaker 19: Want you.
Speaker 6: I want you to at least listen.
Speaker 5: He offered to give a free consultation, initial consultation to people, and we said we would send him people. So I would like Katschina to send it over to Is it Hollington? I think it's Neil hollingback Holling one.
Speaker 7: Well, anyway, it was.
Speaker 5: Hollington, Neil, okay, would you send this over to him.
Speaker 24: I will get info from Dmitri because I just have.
Speaker 6: His phone number.
Speaker 5: And it was Neil right, it was yeah, yeah, we have it, So we're going to send you. I want you to get an initial consultation.
Speaker 7: Mary Anne.
Speaker 5: This is very complicated and it sounds up and screwed royally, so I want you to hang on and Katschina will get you that information. It's very very important we have also in the studio John clay Cima. She financial talking about conventional loans, reverse loans, and the all in one loan, which is a thirty year line of credit. If you have any questions for him, we'll come right back. Julie says her sister needs assistance. All of that coming up on the Troubleshooter Show three oh three seven to one three talk, or you can call three oh three Martino three oh three six two seven eight four sixty six. Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino, your troubleshooter three oh three seven one three talk.
Speaker 6: Seven one three eight two five five. So whose turn is it?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 5: Now I just want to say about renew Home Innovations. Porcelain sheets make the beautiful shower conversions.
Speaker 6: That's all I can say. They're porcelain.
Speaker 5: This shower looks like a million bucks and there's no maintenance and it's absolutely beautiful. Plus the hardware and the taller racks and the benches, whatever you want to make for your movement. They do it custom for each and everyone. They do it in two or three days, with seventy two months to pay. Can you believe that seventy two months to pay?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 5: No interest three oh three nine zero four two thousand, nine zero four two thousand and renew home Innovation dot com.
Speaker 6: Now let's talk.
Speaker 5: Here's the problem. By the way, Uh, it is Julie's turn. Julie, what's going on with your sister?
Speaker 19: Hi?
Speaker 6: Julie, what's going on?
Speaker 8: Hi?
Speaker 9: I am needing a I think durable power of attorney for my sister. Sorry if I cry, but oh I.
Speaker 6: Don't want you to cry. Now tell me. Hold on, let's let's talk first. What are you trying to accomplish?
Speaker 7: First?
Speaker 6: And then we'll talk about the story. What are you trying to accomplish?
Speaker 9: So that I can speak to medical billing on her behalf and.
Speaker 5: As she was, do you want to make do you want to make healthcare decisions for her as well?
Speaker 6: Do you want to do all kinds of stuff or just or just the legal stuff.
Speaker 9: And financial and medical if needed?
Speaker 6: Legal, financial and medical? Okay, I think you might need.
Speaker 5: You might need now now, a power of attorney's the right way to go for the legal and financial. The care providers have forms for medical decisions. That's not a big deal. You can be designated by them and you don't have to go through the courts.
Speaker 6: But I want to ask something. What's going on with your sister?
Speaker 12: Now?
Speaker 6: You can tell me that part?
Speaker 9: Okay, I would say the beginning of last year, in twenty twenty four, she was friended by somebody online. And this is the most god awful scam I've ever heard of.
Speaker 5: Well, first tell me first, tell me, first, tell me something. Is your sister undergoing any treatment for anything?
Speaker 9: She is now seeing a therapist?
Speaker 5: Okay, so this is not like okay I made I'm sorry, diminished, I get that I'm not talking about that. But we're not facing a crisis right now where she's in ICU or something. So what you have is a sister making very poor decisions.
Speaker 6: This is different. I need to tell you something, Julie. This will have to go to that.
Speaker 5: This is not the same as a power of attorney and simply a healthcare designee health care decider.
Speaker 6: You can't do that.
Speaker 5: When somebody is mentally incompetent, you can't go to let's say they're with UC health.
Speaker 9: She's not mentally incompetent. She has never been declared mentally incompetent. She is slow.
Speaker 6: Here, here's what I'm saying. This is what I'm trying to get as.
Speaker 5: Julie. That is against what you're trying to do, not for it. Here's what I'm saying. With all other healthcare. I just want to get this out for those listening. For all other healthcare, all you have to do is go with your sister to the healthcare provider and she designates you as the decision maker for health. The second thing is a power of attorney, which you do with an attorney, which designates you to make decisions for legal and financial.
Speaker 6: But I must tell you.
Speaker 5: It's not to make decisions contrary to what your sister wants. It's only to be convenient. If she's not able to sign, for example, if you're not allowed to make the decisions for her. See, I think you're confusing what a durable power of attorney does and what the healthcare advocate does.
Speaker 6: They don't make They don't take the place of.
Speaker 5: The decision make her necessarily if the decision maker can say, I don't.
Speaker 6: Agree now what you are talking about?
Speaker 5: What you must do here to make a long story short, and you can tell me the story.
Speaker 6: There's a scam. I want to hear it. But you're telling me.
Speaker 5: Your sister was taking advantage of and you want to prevent that from happening. Because she's slow, you must have her declared incompetent.
Speaker 9: No, that's not what I'm trying to accomplish here. I know that I can't call her debtors on her behalf because she has a hard time articulating to people. She gets frustrated very easy, and then she just gives in to whatever they want. I'm just trying to be able to talk to them to make arrangements to pay her bills at an amount of money that she can actually afford.
Speaker 5: Well, Julie, I know what you want to do, and I'm with you, okay, But there is no legal mechanism for that. That can only be done if she says, if she says to you, I want you to help me, Julie, and I agree to go along with anything, and then she impersonates you, or you impersonate her, or you simply get on the phone with her. For example, I designate sus to talk to all of my financial people for me. Okay, I think even my Comcast and whatever, or my Exfinity, but I designate her and it's not a big deal.
Speaker 6: But she can't go against my wishes.
Speaker 5: If I said, if I called Exfinity and said, wait a minute, I don't agree with this, or if Exfinity calls me and says, hey, I know you agreed to pay this, but we're increasing it. Well, you know it's not what you want. You must for you to do what you want. And I know you don't want to hear this, but she must be incompetent. If you just want to help her, then just help her. Just get on the phone and help her and have her designate you as one of the managers of her accounts. So each credit card and each account, Susan, what does it take.
Speaker 6: We just designate you, right, what is it called? Is it called a manager?
Speaker 4: What what is called?
Speaker 6: I mean, it depends on the different entities. Tom.
Speaker 19: I mean you just share documents with me so I can get in so.
Speaker 5: In pact, but you also are designated like you can account people.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so, Julie, I think what you're trying to do is harder than you.
Speaker 9: I'm just trying to I mean, she's already given me permission to talk to her debtor of the medical bills. But are they going to want something in writing?
Speaker 5: Something like what you haven't even told me? Well, what do you mean something? Give me a specific You haven't told me what you're trying to do. You just she gave you permission to talk to them.
Speaker 6: About what.
Speaker 9: About arranging payments for her bills? These past two bills?
Speaker 6: OKAYK.
Speaker 5: Then then they're gonna want her to sign whatever settlement agreement you come up with.
Speaker 6: You can negotiate it all day long. You can say listen, yeah, yeah, go ahead. So why don't you just do that? Because Okay, I want you to think about that, because I'm not sure what look and I gotta take a break.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure what you're trying to do or why you can't do it because you have everything in place to do what you want. If she said you can talk to him, talk to him, and then when you come up with a settlement, she signs it so you don't need anything else.
Speaker 6: I'm Tom Martino. We'll talk to you right after this.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance checkup free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three O three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three three nine two zero sixteen twenty two. Hi Tom Martino here, I want to go back to Julie. So, Julie, do you understand what I'm saying about what you're trying to accomplish in what you need to do or if you have additional questions?
Speaker 21: Yeah, So.
Speaker 6: What do you think you're going to do?
Speaker 25: Well?
Speaker 9: I'll just call up her medical bills and make arrangements.
Speaker 5: I guess, yeah, and again I think if you're just trying to help her, now, tell me about the scam you were telling me about what happened to her.
Speaker 9: She had met somebody online and they had been corresponding back and forth for several months. This person asked her to pick up his suitcase that it got routed to Tucson, that's where she lived, and it was left at the airport and could she please pick it up and when he came through again, he would come by and get it from her. She said, okay, yeah, but she couldn't get it that day because she was working and didn't know when she was going to get off work. She said that she get the next day or two, and he told her fine. Two days later, well, she gets a text from somebody that says are you and he said her name and she said, yes, this is and he sent her a picture of a suitcase full of guns supposedly confiscated at the Tucson airport. And because she is connected to this case, she has is going to be charged with gun smuggling.
Speaker 6: Boy, that's a new one.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So what happened? I mean, did they believe that she was slow and didn't understand anything.
Speaker 9: Oh, I'm sure they did. I'm sure they did.
Speaker 5: Well.
Speaker 6: Did she get off on it?
Speaker 5: Did she get off on the charges or did they charge her?
Speaker 9: No, she was never charge This was the scam.
Speaker 6: It was all bs. They were threatening her, they were trying to shake her down.
Speaker 5: There was oh, in other words, there never really was. There never really was a scam. But did she have to pay anybody anything?
Speaker 9: They started sending her emails posing as Christopher Ray, the director of the FBI.
Speaker 6: Get it, and she started so what did it end up? Did end up?
Speaker 9: She was paying them to keep herself out of jail, out of prison?
Speaker 7: Oh my god?
Speaker 6: How much did she How much did she pay?
Speaker 9: She paid over eight thousand dollars?
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 9: Oh no, husband's military and they were taking that every month of eleven dollars. She got so oh my god over this because she had no more money, and she tried to kill herself.
Speaker 1: God.
Speaker 12: And she was put in a mental hospital.
Speaker 9: And this is all the medical bills that I'm talking about was her state in the mental hospital.
Speaker 6: This is crazy.
Speaker 26: Oh, I moved her up.
Speaker 9: Here, you know, find this out. She was here at my house for three months before she finally told me everything, because.
Speaker 6: It's shame that they feel shame when you've been when you've been hoodwink so bad. Hey, she do you think? Let me ask you something, you know, she how much does she owe in total?
Speaker 9: About thirty two hundred dollars just.
Speaker 5: She's going to be collecting roof Wait wait, wait, her total bills are only thirty two hundred.
Speaker 9: Of all the bills because she had insurance and it covered some. But she was in the mental hospital for two weeks and her insurance only covered a week.
Speaker 5: Well, thank goodness, No, that's not I'm saying. I know that sounds like a lot of money, but I mean, you know, look, she's going to get over this right now. You just want to prevent it from happening in the future.
Speaker 6: Right, How is she doing right now?
Speaker 9: She's these creditors keep texting her and calling her and over and over and over and over.
Speaker 6: She needs to black a matter of her mind. Just tell him, just tell them to go away. Don't answer the phone to her.
Speaker 9: And she's she is going to therapy here and she has been talking to her therapist about this. But I see a change in her mentally the last few days. Of course, I'm just of course, and I don't have the money to help her pay for anything.
Speaker 5: So yeah, you know, you know, really the truth is, here's the truth. They can't take anything from her.
Speaker 21: No.
Speaker 6: And the other thing is tom medical bills. They can't even put them on the credit report like they used to be able to. I mean, eventually they can, but it won't even affect your credit. Yeah, you just have to basically tell her to block the numbers, tell them the pound sand tell them to kiss off, right right.
Speaker 5: So, I'm so sad this happened to you, and I understand why you were getting emotional, and listen, here's the deal. Ultimately, though, they can't really do anything to her, So don't go through too many you know, don't just don't bend over backwards and upset your entire life for this. They can't do anything to her, of course, they can't do anything. We're out of time. Then we're out of time. So we have more coming up, John class with us from CMG Financial for reverse loans, conventional loans, the all in one loan and more. And we have also Deputy Bone in the House, Ensues and Mark. So stick around three oh three seven one three Talks seven one, three, eight, two five five Got more coming up on The Troubleshooter Show. Go with a sure Thing Denver's Best Roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Leave time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real Estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ript News need advice so you don't have.
Speaker 8: Come, run just as fast as.
Speaker 1: We can show Shooter's gonna help come Man.
Speaker 3: Is the Troubleshooter Show. No Tom Martinez the Welcome.
Speaker 6: My Friends to the Only and I mean that the only Show. If it's kind effect to the tune of over three hundred million dollars, we have saved people in cash, merchandise exchanges refunds directly.
Speaker 8: Due to this show.
Speaker 6: If you need help, I'll always let you know when there's a line open. We are gonna have one line open in a matter of minutes. The number three oh three seven one, three eight, two five five. Don't forget three oh three Martino. That number works on and off the air. Pass it out to your friends. We go after people that ripped you off. You got a bad contractor you got a landlord trying to put the screws to you, you name it. That is why we exist. You understand what I'm saying. That is why this team exists. Three zero three Martino. Help at troubleshooter dot com in studio with me, John Clays, how are you doing today, man, CMG Financial.
Speaker 7: I'm good, Mark, Thank you for having me here today.
Speaker 6: This one is going to drive you insane. But I want your first blush at what's going on with it. Okay, this guy called in a couple of weeks ago, and people have been dying for an update on this, so I wanted to get Tarzan on. His real name's not Tarzan, but I'm going to give you what happened. And the reason I'm bringing John in for people listening is John is a CMG Financial does every form of home loan. You can imagine, there are go to experts. These guys do reverse mortgages, they do ten year, fifteen, twenty year mortgages, thirty year mortgages, they do the all in one loan. And we'll talk about that stuff. But how many closings have you been to in your life?
Speaker 15: John?
Speaker 6: If you had to guess one hundred, two hundred thousand.
Speaker 7: Couple hundred five, maybe say so.
Speaker 6: Tarzan and let me bring them up. This story's crazy, Tarzan. And it was probably about two weeks ago, three weeks ago on a Friday. It was before Martin Luther King on that Monday, So we're talking to three weeks ago, Tarzan. You had a closing with the title company in Nebraska. You showed up and everybody signed everything and they handed the person, the woman the keys, congratulated everybody on the closing, and you went home. Am I correct?
Speaker 15: So far.
Speaker 6: Cars An?
Speaker 8: So I did? I did that via DOCU signed.
Speaker 6: That's you're right.
Speaker 8: The closing was over. They said, congratulations, will have the one. We'll have the funds transferred to you. On Tuesday, after.
Speaker 6: Martin Luther King's got so they sent him they sent him an email because they closed on Friday and it was after four o'clock. They said, we're not going to have the funds to you till Tuesday because we can't wire because of the holiday on Monday. So you'll have the funds Tuesday. The closing company, the title company, John already had the funds from the buyer. Right, you follow me?
Speaker 7: Yep?
Speaker 6: So what's the next thing that happened? Tarzan? And for anybody out there buying the house or thinking of using this particular title company, I want you to pay attention to the next thing he gets.
Speaker 7: What was it?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 8: So this is where it becomes a legality standpoint right, And this is what I don't know in my head.
Speaker 6: That house is gone.
Speaker 8: My funds will be transferred on Tuesday.
Speaker 6: Well, she had the keys, right, I mean huh y Not only did she have the keys, I would contend you're not even allowed in that house anymore.
Speaker 8: You don't own it, right, And so I mean the keys is technically there's a keypad on the door. So but they gave him the code. They gave her the code to get in, Okay, So she goes in and this is like, seriously a one in a million shot, because if all this happens eight days later, I'm this doesn't matter. We're not having this conversation.
Speaker 6: No, if it wasn't the weekend of Mark Luther, her King, or if you closed before four o'clock.
Speaker 22: None know where this would have happened, right, And so when she goes in, she's now the new owner of the house in my head, and there was that giant cold snap across the United States of.
Speaker 6: America, iride, trust me. I was in Washington, d C. And it was cold as hell, and right here in Colorado, in Franktown, it was negative ten, right.
Speaker 8: And so she goes in and the furnaces out, and what she thinks in her head is the pipes are frozen, which is probably technical technically correct, but.
Speaker 6: They didn't burst.
Speaker 8: No, I mean the water was not even running to the house. I was going to get to that that Tuesday once I got the money, okay. And so she panics because what did she say? This is stressful, overwhelming, I can't deal with all this. And so I just told her, I'm like, listen, give me four days. All this will be fixed.
Speaker 6: It's going to be I don't even know why you would say any of this. I'd be like, you bought the house, didn't she get the hustle?
Speaker 8: I did, But I'm you know, I'm a Nebrasa guy, and you know we tend to be really trustworthy.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that's fine, But go to the next step. What did you get from your title company?
Speaker 8: And so the next step was is that they send me an email and they tell me that they have rescinded the loan.
Speaker 6: They said, now listen to this, John. They said, the lender rescinded the loan and they want a title company to wire the money back to the lender.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 8: What I said is like, you can't do that.
Speaker 6: It's over, it's closed. Let's see. I want to know what John, and then we're going to go to the update on it with you, Tarzan. But John, just thinking of everything you just heard and let's say everything's gospel. Have you, first of all, ever heard of anything like this happening not.
Speaker 7: After the purchase, because it's a purchase, and once you give the keys, it's your conveying ownership to that. I don't own it anymore, you're conveying the ownership. I'm wondering in Nebraska what it is is when they if they ever recorded the new loan the title company, I don't say so.
Speaker 8: So what's his name Brad O'Brien. He talked, is that his name?
Speaker 6: Yeah, he's our attorney here in Colorado.
Speaker 8: But keep going, yeah, yeah, yeah, but he he looked up the statutes of Nebraska and he says they are weaker or less stringent in Nebraska than they are in Colorado. And he told me I one percent have a case.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so that's an attorney here. Since then, you've hired an attorney in Omaha, right, yeah, and you had an update with him today. What are you guys going to do?
Speaker 8: Yeah? So the old attorney was a referral from a person from western Nebraska. Mark, And I think I heard you saying on the YouTube Old Boys the Good it's the good old Boys Club and what kind of is.
Speaker 6: So there's a little town in Nebraska, hold on, just a little side story not long ago, in Nebraska, Scott's Bluff. It's like ten thousand people, maybe fifteen with the other town. I hired a realtor. I was looking at some property there. I made an offer, a cash deal on this duplex, brand new duplex that had been sitting on the market for a while. And what I came to find out is every realtor, every title company, every lender in town knows each other, and I was the setup and I got the hell out of there. John, I'm not kidding. They all knew each other when they When I told her, meaning my realtor, how I wanted her to negotiate, let me tell you something, she didn't listen to a word I said. I said, you're going to make a cash offer. You're going to say, here's one hundred grand, we'll put in nscro tomorrow. You got twenty four hours to make it. I told her exactly what to do, and none of it worked out because they're all in kohots. Every damn one of them's in cohoots out there. So yeah, so the one, the first attorney you hired, Tars Tarzan, knew all these this title company right.
Speaker 8: You basically hit it right on the head. So it was a referral from a buddy of mine from western Nebraska. The town that I'm from is Alliance, which is much smaller than Scott's Bluff. Wow, Like there's like nine thousand people there. And I felt during the conference call, to be honest with you, is that we were all trying to come together in a Kumbaya moment to try and find the best solution as a team, which is.
Speaker 6: The worst solution for You're all yes, because they're all in kohoots. I'm telling you, these little towns like that are crooked as hell, man, they really are. They're all crooked. I mean, you know, you can look at it this way. They're looking out for themselves. Tarzan hold on, I got to take a break when we come back way to you hear where it is now he can that attorney, in fact, I'll let him tell the story. And then he hired an attorney in Nebraska, but in a big down. Who's never met this title company? And it's a crazy update. By the way, Pat's got an issue with grease Monkey. They're kind of uh, they've been on my radar. A little bit later and then a separation agreement with an employee.
Speaker 5: Those can be tricky.
Speaker 6: Donna, hold on, we don't want you getting yourself into a bind.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content than time for an insurance check up free no obligation. In comparison, call Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies.
Speaker 6: Find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: Try three oh three seven one three A two five five. We goidelines full right now, but that number works on and off the air. Three oh three, Martino, I'm gonna have Tarzan finish up with this update. It's crazy. But Tom happened to text? And what did he text you?
Speaker 21: So?
Speaker 6: Tom tends to run a little late on his commercial spots. So we talked about this today because during the first two hours of the show, we're networked with other people besides iHeart, so we send the signal. When we go to break, they insert their own commercials, but we do live spots and Tom's usually, you know, late on his live spots. And I told him I'm always pretty much perfect on mine. When did he text? So he texted that was overtime, lolh. The difference is of first two hours or networked, meaning it matters. Now it doesn't matter, so I intentionally go over to help out the client. I mean, I can't put it any other way.
Speaker 5: Tom.
Speaker 6: So what Dragon was suggesting is every morning, you sit down before the show and you'll do what we'll refer to as like lives. So if you have twenty commercials before the show, you'll sit down every morning, every single morning and cut twenty different commercials and then Dragon and Shannon will insert them. But we'll talk about that later, Tom. Now let's finish this up because this story's crazy. So, Tarzan, you you fired that attorney basically because you started going, Okay, this guy's in Cahoo's right.
Speaker 8: Yeah, they were. They were trying to come together as a whole.
Speaker 6: Yeah, tried and find the best and all you wanted was the money.
Speaker 8: Yeah, exactly.
Speaker 6: So basically you hired a new attorney. He's looked over all the evidence, all the emails saying congratulation on your closing. We're gonna wire you the money. Oh we wired them the money back you've got. He's looked over everything, and what does he think or she I'm not sure?
Speaker 8: Uh, it's a heat He one hundred percent says I have a case.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 8: Naturally, when you transition from western Nebraska to eastern Nebraska, Yep, it's gonna take It's gonna take a little bit longer for these guys to get going. But his communicat's been great. He says, I have a case, and that's where we.
Speaker 6: Are right now. I absolutely love it.
Speaker 8: Man.
Speaker 6: Let us know what's going to happen, though. It's going to be the damages because you have it listed up again. So if you sell it for less, they'll still be easy to figure out. For the title insurance, if you only sell it for one fifty, they're going to owe you, in my opinion that fifteen sixteen grand or whatever the difference is. But I think they also you interest on that money to your reclaim it. But a good attorney is going to figure out every bit of damages you have. I think the money you put into the pipes, or the money you put into the furnace, they're going to have to recoup as well. I think you've got plenty of damages. Then they're going to have to pay attorneys fees. I think that title company is insane. Mark.
Speaker 8: Why can't I get that entire purchase price back from the title Insurance.
Speaker 6: Well, if you don't, well, the only reason I said that Tarzan is you said you have a backup for sale.
Speaker 15: Now.
Speaker 6: If you sell it now, you're limiting your damages.
Speaker 5: If you don't sell it, they could very well have to buy the entire thing.
Speaker 6: I mean, it all depends on what you do. But man, please keep us informed on this. I think it's crazy, honestly, and I'll ask our expert again, John was CMG Financial. I have bought and sold a lot of properties. I have never left a closing without it being a closing ever, And that's what they're saying.
Speaker 7: Especially if they gave the keys. That's the crazy part.
Speaker 6: It has done. It's over. They emailed them both, going congratulations on your closing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean that todd of company had the money in their account.
Speaker 6: They acknowledged they did. Because they acknowledge they sent it back.
Speaker 7: So I mean it should be a pretty easy occasion.
Speaker 6: Guess guess who knew Guess who knew the lender very well, the title company company.
Speaker 7: And yeah, you could probably even get days of rents or missing out.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, think of all the rent you could have charged, Tarzan, you got to beat that attorney up. A good attorney's going to think of all this, but all the money you missed whatever the money you missed because of this plus interest is what they owe you. And in my opinion, I would also say attorney's fees. I mean, honestly, And here's the nice part, Tarzan, It's not like they have to come out of pocket. They're a title company. They have one insurance and this is an error in my opinion. So Tarzan, keep us informed and thank you for the update.
Speaker 8: Man, did I ask you one question?
Speaker 6: Go ahead?
Speaker 8: What if I listened it for fourteen thousand dollars more and you sold it for fourteen more?
Speaker 6: No, but I think I can Well, if you sold it for fourteen more, you would have to take whatever the title company owes you the full amount, and then have damages that are higher than that fourteen thousand dollars. I think with interest, rent and some other stuff, you might be able to get there. But I mean that's that's math. I mean literally, that's math. You got to calculate the damages. But they should be buying it for that price. If you can't sell it for that price or sell it for less, they need to make up the difference. Quite frankly, plus all your other damages, all the repairs, all the time, everything, If you had to get a hotel there anything, man.
Speaker 8: So well, I mean I spent one thousand or thirteen hundred dollars on the furnace to get that fix. What should have been the old owners.
Speaker 6: It should relisted.
Speaker 8: I've relisted it for one hundred and seventy seven thousand. I get it. It's gonna take it's gonna take a while to sell.
Speaker 6: Like that's the attorney is going to calculate all that, Tarzan, you are gonna have damages. If you get seventeen thousand more, arguably you're still gonna have damages, but that is going to bring them down a little.
Speaker 8: So there's no there's no way that I can have a title insurance company pay for that closing price of one sixty three five.
Speaker 6: They should be because they should have sent you that money. But that's what the attorney's for. I'm telling you again, Tarzan, if you can't sell that house now, I find it in saying that they don't have to buy it for that amount of money. I just find it insane. John, I mean, you've dealt with title insurance before. Just an opinion on it. I know it's not a legal opinion, but what really, how do you think they would make this right.
Speaker 7: Title company will will settle, pay attorney fees, or they'll they'll make sure you're your your whole.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you paid them, you paid them. Here's here's what kills me. He literally paid them for weird crap that happens like this, and they caused it.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I mean title companies. I'm pretty sure you'll get settled.
Speaker 6: Let's free him up there, and then if anybody out there works for a title company, big or small, I would love to hear your thoughts on it. One line open, three oh three Martino, Now real quick, Hey, Pat, what's going on with grease monkey? I got I gotta take this break, but I want to think about your problem. What happened?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 12: Yes, hi Tom, thank you for having me on. So my husband took our truck, our two thousand and six Toyota tundra to grace monkeys in Long ran for in a while change okay, and ten twenty twenty four and about February first he heard He came home and said he heard a noise. He usually drive it because I have muscular dystrophe.
Speaker 6: And hey, hey, hey Pat, what kind of noise was it like? Describe it?
Speaker 12: Well, he said it was a noise he'd never heard before. Doug, are you here?
Speaker 15: Yeah?
Speaker 12: Oh, thank you?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Like what did it sound like?
Speaker 21: Not?
Speaker 6: Ultimately, what is it? I'd like to know what it sounded like, like brakes or like an engine. This was four months later, hurdling like it sounds like possibly overheating. Hold on, I want to figure out what happened. My goodness, I hope it didn't overheat. And basically it needs it engine or something. We're gonna find out and then Donna and Sherry, you'll be up next. One line open, three oh three, Martino.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one.
Speaker 6: Help.
Speaker 5: You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 4: All right three o.
Speaker 6: Three seven one three eight two five five one line open, three oh three, Martino, I'm gonna go right back to pad. Here's the bottom line. October twenty second, twenty twenty four. They bring their truck in to grease Monkey and now we're skipping all the way to February. That's a lot of months and possibly a lot of miles. You guys start hearing a noise that was kind of like a gurgling sound. Did you guys get it checked out?
Speaker 15: Pat?
Speaker 6: And what was the noise?
Speaker 21: Well, he told me he came in and said he heard a noise, a gurgling noise he hadn't heard before. And it's like, I'll take it in or I'll listen for it in the future. The next day he went to pay rent and when he came out of the office, he noticed some liquid under the front of the truck. Also it was, oh, it might be the car that bos parked there previously.
Speaker 6: Oh but the next day, but all but all grease Monkey did. I want to interrupt real quick to make sure I'm right. But all grease Monkey did was an oil change and then probably top off the fluids.
Speaker 12: Yeah, okay, they I'm going to let my husband tell you because.
Speaker 6: Put him on no problem. What's his name?
Speaker 5: Hello?
Speaker 6: What's your name?
Speaker 8: Man?
Speaker 6: Anyway, I'm Doug Doug. So, so what did you find out? What happened?
Speaker 26: Okay?
Speaker 25: Well, long story shirt short. As I went out the next morning to get my truck to go to the store, and there was like a huge puddle of oil underneath the truck.
Speaker 6: Oil.
Speaker 25: So I popped the hood.
Speaker 7: I looked.
Speaker 25: I couldn't tell where it was coming from. So I took it to Grease Monkey because it was it was How.
Speaker 6: Low on oil was it?
Speaker 12: Though?
Speaker 6: I mean, did you put oil in it was?
Speaker 25: There was nothing on the dipsticks.
Speaker 6: Why would you drive to.
Speaker 8: Well?
Speaker 25: I didn't know until the next morning when I went out to go to the store. And Grease Monkey is only like a block.
Speaker 6: From my house, all right, So you drove it up there?
Speaker 15: Yeah, I did.
Speaker 25: And they pulled it in in the bay and they went and checked everything, and they said it wasn't wasn't there a thing, And they said it was a blown head gasket. And he said, I'll put six quarts oil in it and that'll get you home or get you to a mechanic Well, about a mile and a half down the road is an automotive place. I took it there and it just poured oil all the way there.
Speaker 6: Where did they say it was leaking?
Speaker 25: Well, they charged me two hundred and five dollars to do it diagnostic, and they called me up and said, what the problem was is the oil filter was double gasketed.
Speaker 6: I knew you was going to say that. I swear to God, I knew they were going to say it, and you're saying, now here's what I got to know. When you brought it back to Jiffy Lube and they put oil in it, and then you drove it over there, did they put a new filter on it? Veryce Monkey? Yeah, grease Monkey. I'm sorry, You're right, Grease Monkey. Did they put a new filter on it?
Speaker 25: No, they did the work at the mechanics that I took it to.
Speaker 6: No, but hold on, Doug, this is important. I understand everything, and I understand. Then you drove it back to Grease Monkey. When you brought it there, you said they put oil in it so you could get somewhere else. Is that correct? Yes, when they put oil.
Speaker 25: In he when he pulled it out of the bay, it was just pouring out like.
Speaker 6: A garden host. When you left, Grease monkey. Yes, did they put a new oil filter on?
Speaker 8: Then?
Speaker 15: No, they did not.
Speaker 6: Okay, thank you, that's me. Well they didn't even put it up in the air. No they didn't.
Speaker 25: They just drove it in and they got a pit. He went down and checked the oil filter and the dream plug.
Speaker 15: I got it.
Speaker 6: Now, now hold on, hold on, hold on. I want to ask you this now, Doug. So you brought it to the other place. You paid two hundred and fifty for the diagnostic. They figured out it was double gasketed on the oil filter. And let me tell you, I owned five good years around town for a long time. Bubble gaskets happened. We all try to make sure they don't. But what happens is on an oil filter, you have a ring going around the gasket and you tighten it up against the metal. If you take the old filter off in that rubber ring stuck up there and you didn't check for it, then you put the new one on. Eventually those two seals, because they're both rubber, will let oil out and it can blow out of there quick. It can do it really quickly, like that same day, or it can do it later in time. It can get worse and your seem to get six and fifty miles.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So, but here's what I want to know. So they charged you two hundred and fifty bucks. What else did they charge you? Did they do a new oil filter and everything's good now?
Speaker 21: Yep, yep.
Speaker 25: So the total they did the oil filter and put new oil in it, and the total bill was two hundred and eighty five dollars and it works fine?
Speaker 8: Now?
Speaker 25: Why because yeah, it's seems to be fine.
Speaker 6: All right, get Kevin talking on. I just want to make sure on something. But i'll tell you right now, if everything you're saying is correct, I think Grease Monkey's lucky as hell. I think they should be paying that two hundred and eighty five bucks. And I guess that's why you're calling.
Speaker 25: Right, yes, and he goes. I went back to Grease Monkey and I went in and I talked to the manager.
Speaker 6: And he just like, I didn't do it. You know what, he's an ass?
Speaker 8: Well you know what, I hate people? Yeah, he is.
Speaker 6: He's an ass. And I'll tell you what I can just it's an opinion of mine, but he's an ass. And I wish I could finish that word, but Dragon won't let me So here's the bottom line, Kelly, I want you to call these grease monkey people and try to get this managers on. What was the guy's name, Doug. This is They should be so thankful he was.
Speaker 25: He was very rude and just like he didn't want to talk to me.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I get it, you know what. They should be so damn thankful that they're not buying an engine at this point.
Speaker 19: Shouldn't they have given grease Monkey chance to fix the issue before taking it to another shop.
Speaker 6: He brought it there, they put oil in it and said we didn't do anything. No, they did the typical in my opinion, Look, grease monkey, hold on, hold on, Doug and Pat, give Kelly that number. I want to get freaking these people on. I really want them to come on, Kelly. When you really put on the sweet talk, we can generally get a business on. If not, I'm just gonna light them up because I'm sick and tired of shops and I don't care if it's a deal in Doug store, I don't care. If it's any dealer out there, I don't care if it's a grease monkey at Jiffy Lub a good Year, I don't care what it is, but I'll tell you this, I am sick and tired of responses like that. All this guy had to do was check for a double.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: Man, I'm getting sick and tired of places at.
Speaker 8: You know what.
Speaker 6: The whole new go to move, the whole new go to in the auto repair industry is it wasn't me, wasn't me, wasn't me, wasn't me. That's what happens, and it's getting ridiculous. It doesn't matter once again, if it's a dealership. We've had some of the best dealerships that have we've never had complaints on start getting complaints because they're hiring people that simply don't know what they're doing. Now, hiring someone that can't do an oil change is crazy. But once again, like I was telling everybody Kevin Cokin shared in auto Tech, when I had my good years, we had double gaskets on oil film. My god, we might do a thousand oil changes a week. Of course, we're going to mess up at some point, But but I mean, how many times does it happen to you?
Speaker 13: Very infrequent because I don't hire younger mechanics. Most of my mechanics are ten years plus.
Speaker 6: Yeah, they're not you iffy load people. No, So did you hear the story? Were you listening?
Speaker 21: No?
Speaker 13: Unfortunately I wasn't.
Speaker 6: So listen to this, and you tell me if I'm flawed in this. So Doug goes to Grease Monkey on October twenty second, twenty twenty four. On February first, he notices oil dripping. He brings it back there. It's everywhere. When I say notice is it? I mean it's way under his car. We're talking a puddle. At this point. He drives one block to the Grease Monkey. They look at it, they say, it's nothing we did wrong. But we're going to fill it up with oil so you can drive it somewhere to get checked. So they put how many courts, Doug, how many quarts did a grease monkey tell you they put in it?
Speaker 25: He said that he puts six courts.
Speaker 6: So he puts six courts in it. This guy drives a couple of blocks to a repair shop and he ends up paying two hundred and eighty five bucks for the diagnostic. And guess what it was. It was the dang oil filter. That's all it was. It was double gasketed. So first of all, is it possible for a double gasket not the leak or barely leak and then all of a sudden leaked like a sieve in three months? Oh my goodness, get Kevin back up. I don't even I don't think I hung up on him. I mean, anything's possible.
Speaker 21: Is it?
Speaker 6: Maybe Tom hung up on him remotely? I'm not sure we're gonna get Kevin right back up.
Speaker 25: That sounds like his m Yeah, look rude. He was very rude to me when I was in there. He didn't want to give me number to corporate or anything. All he said is I didn't know know?
Speaker 6: Is Kevin back up?
Speaker 7: Though?
Speaker 6: Hey, Kevin, I'm sorry. Hold on, Doug, Doug, hold one, Hey, sorry about that, bro so so go ahead, double gasket three months later and then finally that air seats and boom it blows it out. Yeah yeah, Kevin, your thoughts.
Speaker 13: That's a long time ago to double gasket. They don't how many.
Speaker 6: Miles, Doug.
Speaker 21: It was.
Speaker 25: I figured it was six hundred and seventy six miles from when they.
Speaker 6: I got it, six hundred and seventy six, Kevin.
Speaker 25: They took when they serviced it.
Speaker 6: What the miles Doug, I get it, six hundred and seventy six miles, I understand fully, Kevin. Six hundred and seventy six miles later.
Speaker 13: Yeah, possible, Yeah, okay, but you know it shouldn't have been driven. If it was that much of a league, well, that would.
Speaker 20: Be my contention.
Speaker 6: And Doug, well, here's the deal. Though there's no engine damage. All it took was the oil filter. Doug's not asking for anything. Besides, they pay the two hundred and eighty five bucks, and he actually are already brought it back to him. I mean, if he's telling the truth, here's what I want you to think of, Kevin. He gets the oil change. Six hundred miles later, it starts leaking like a sieve. He brings it back to where he got the oil change, Jiffy Lube. They say they put six courts in it but did nothing wrong. He brings it directly to another shop after leaving Jiffy Lube right away, right, Doug.
Speaker 12: Coming down.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, I'm sorry. I keep and I apologize to Jiffy Lube. I apologize, honest to God, I keep getting a mixed up. I get it. So, but anyhow, you drive it from grease Monkey and basically drive how far to the repair shop that diagnosed it. So he drives it a mile away, Kevin GE's squirting oil everywhere at this point, and then they undo it, find the double gasket, charge him for an oil change, in a diagnostic and everything's fine. The truck's fine, it's running fine, everything else. So if it wasn't a double gasket from the start, and Doug's not a liar, what else would it be.
Speaker 13: I mean, that's that's all it could be. If they fixed it that easily, sure, that's it. It's them the opportunity first, you know, he didn't go to the repair shop first. He went back to them exactly the opportunity.
Speaker 6: To fix it, and those morons not only not only did they put six courts of oil in it and say that we did nothing wrong. They let them leave with oil just pouring out of that thing. Instead of telling him to get a toad or anything.
Speaker 5: Go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison, call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine to zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 1: Ripped of news, you don't have.
Speaker 4: Come in just as fast as we do.
Speaker 1: A shooter's gonna help.
Speaker 3: Come man, This is the Troubleshooter Show Now Tom Martinez, Welcome, Welcome.
Speaker 6: My friends to the only show of this guy. We're here to solve problems, answer questions, uh take complaints. Our goal in life, of course, is to retrieve money for you. We had one from Doug and Pat last hour with a grease Monkey, and I apologize again to a Jiffy Lube. I've used that name too many times. One of my good years had a Jiffy Loop next to it that I was in a war with for a little bit, so it kind of comes back. But grease Monkey didn't oil change. A double gasketed the freaking oil filter six hundred miles later, oils everywhere. The engines find everything's fine, but this guy was charged by another shop to diagnose it and do a full blown oil change rightfully. So two hundred and eighty five bucks. It's my contention grease Monkey should have a big smile on their face and basically write them a check for two hundred and eighty five bucks and be thankful they're not buying him an engine. I had Kelly call up, and Kelly real quick to recap. What did they say when you called up to grease Monkey and listen to this. This is amazing out there. When you pull into grease Monkey, remember you might be pulling into this one. Go ahead.
Speaker 21: Yeah.
Speaker 24: So the original manager that I believe Doug and Pat dealt with was fired, was fired and so they have an interim manager, but they also lost a bunch of employees, so he is the only person working right there.
Speaker 6: So this poor sat one person show. Yeah, so this poor sap is working the front, answering the phone and doing oil changes in the back. I wouldn't bring my car there in a million years. I simply wouldn't. Hey, real quick, Doug, what location is this?
Speaker 25: It's twenty three thirty four North Main Street where the Long Mind or where Yeah, long Lint, Colorado.
Speaker 6: So Main Street, Long Mind, Colorado, That grease monkey. I would in touch with the ten football. We know there's only one person working there, which is just insane to think about.
Speaker 2: That's not true.
Speaker 25: I just went by there to take some pictures and.
Speaker 15: Video of all the oil going out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, but Doug, Doug, the dumbest thing they could ever lie about. It doesn't even make sense to lie about that. The other guy got fired.
Speaker 25: I'm telling you there's two or three guys there today because I was just there, not thirty minutes ago.
Speaker 6: Kelly, that's insane. Hey, Kelly, I was told hold on, hold on, hold on, just for the heck of it, Kelly, would you do me a favor? Yeah, call back up there and say, that's funny. The guy we're told talking about Doug literally was just there and he saw Doug. How many people did you actually see and where were they?
Speaker 25: I saw at least the kid that was there yesterday.
Speaker 2: I was in the back, you know, doing the paperwork in another car.
Speaker 25: And he and the manager was there.
Speaker 6: What video the same manager that worked on your car? Could he have gotten fired after you saw him?
Speaker 8: No, the same guy that was there yesterday.
Speaker 12: Okay, we don't know if if the manager actually did the.
Speaker 6: You know what, None of this matters. I'm sorry. I'm just trying to call him out in alive. But that's not going to help two hundred and eighty five bucks or whatever it is. You know what is going to help.
Speaker 5: Deputy Bow. Deputy Bow, are you up?
Speaker 6: Yes, I'm here, Mark, Hey, listen, I want you to call over there, do whatever we have to do. If I've got a rattle Grease Monkey's cage again tomorrow, I'm happy to spend forty five minutes telling everybody this story out of an hour's show. I will make it to Grease Monkey show for the hell of it. I mean, I'll give him great publicity. Everybody will know what's going on there. But see what you can figure out.
Speaker 21: Man.
Speaker 6: They basically told Kelly that they can't do anything. Maybe possibly next week they could talk about it. Kelly, is that correct? I want to be very I want to be very transparent. Yes, yes, okay, So they won't even talk about it. The guy says he's the only one there. He's working the front, the back. No one else is there. Somebody got fired. Doug's saying there's a bunch of people there, at least three people there. So they're shenanigans going on. No matter what, they're shenanigans. And if we got to go through small claims, that's fine and we can help them with that. But bo just try to get this figured out. There's got to be a general manager or an owner or another manager or somebody that can write this guy a check for two hundred and eighty five bucks. And I truly believe they owe it to him.
Speaker 7: All right, I'm gonna call him right after the show.
Speaker 6: Thank you now, Jen Monier Tomorrow John was CMG Financial. He's been our expert in mortgages for my god, And I promise Sherry, Donna, David, I'll get you in a second. But you've been our expert on the show for so long. It's crazy. You guys, you do thirty year mortgages, fifteen basically any term you can think about. Your interest rates are as good, if not better than the competition. Do you do VA loans? We do do VA loans, So you do VA and those are great for people right, one hundred percent.
Speaker 7: They're great, one hundred percent. They're great for vas that want to get rid of some debts for cash out.
Speaker 6: For cash out. And what I love is you guys have started doing reverse mortgages. You're experts at them.
Speaker 21: We are.
Speaker 7: We have, We've come really good. We do our own in house reverse mortgages and yeah, it's become a great product now.
Speaker 6: Unlike a lot of people, and I'm being honest here, so CMG Financial, unlike other people, you guys, do you guys actually fund your own loans?
Speaker 2: We do.
Speaker 7: We We were a mortgage bank.
Speaker 6: You're a mortgage bank. You're not a broker, correct, So you guys, you're dealing with a person that's giving you the money.
Speaker 7: We are, like I have direct access to underwriters and you know, if we have special situations, it's a direct call. So that's kind of nice.
Speaker 6: Oh to me, that's huge and beneficial. You guys did Suzanna and I's loan on our current house in Franktown, and I want to tell people out there how cool this loan is. Now, we don't own, we don't owe anything on the house, and I'm not going to get into dollar figures. I'll use a round number. Let's say the house is worth one hundred thousand dollars, so we own nothing on it, and basically now we have a eighty thousand dollars line of credit on it using the numbers that we're using one hundred thousand. If it was a million, it'd be eight hundred thousand. And you guys gave us a thirty year first mortgage with the line of credit. Twenty percent is what we had to basically put down on the loan, which we paid off shortly after correct And a lot of people.
Speaker 7: Have that as equity if they do it as a refinance.
Speaker 6: The do it as a refinance, they have that inequity they refi into the all in one loan we'll call it. And here's the coolest part about it. Now we don't know anything on it, but if we did any money you have in the checking account offsets the principle. So let's take that one hundred thousand dollars again, and let's say you did use that line of credit and I owe one hundred thousand dollars. First of all, I pay simple interest. Only it's not that front loaded interest. With every other.
Speaker 7: Mortgage advertise interest it's terrible.
Speaker 6: It's terrible. You pay all the interest upfront, and most people don't keep their house thirty years, but they'll pay thirty years worth of interest.
Speaker 7: Yep.
Speaker 6: So it's simple interest. It's calculated simply by whatever it is. It's not front loaded. Then, any money you would have in the checking account, and let's say you used your business or anything for the checking account, and you just put all your cash here, some people might sweep. If you're a contractor, you could tell your contractor checking account to sweep that money into this bank account every night or once a week. Whatever's in there off sets it. So if I had one hundred thousand dollars in the checking account and I owed you one hundred thousand dollars, I would owe zero interest for that month because I owe nothing. It off sets.
Speaker 7: Yes, it pays principle First, unlike amortized, what you're paying all interests, you know, So it goes directly towards principal, and then you pay whatever your interested interest on the principal bounce. So it's a zero bounce as a zero interest called.
Speaker 6: So it's a full line of credit for thirty years. It's not a helock. He locks generally are ten years.
Speaker 7: Let me correct you. So it is a he lock, but it's the only thirty year, thirty year he lock. And it's the checking account tied to it that also makes it special.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so what is the average person that has this? Uh, this is funny. So right now, what's a thirty year fixed seven percent? That's pretty much cross the board now with this product. When you take into consideration the simple interest, and you take into consideration the offset of a checking what is your average customer in this loan paying interest wise?
Speaker 7: Average you know, effective interest rate is usually less than three percent three percent.
Speaker 6: Or less on that three percent or less because of those two different things.
Speaker 7: And we have a terrific simulator if anybody wants to call me that we can go through your numbers directly. And yes, it's because of those things. Because of principle first and the suite.
Speaker 6: When we first started talking. That's exactly what happened. He sent me over because I'm going, wow, that's a little confusing. So you sent me over a link to the simulator. You put in your current mortgage exactly what it is, what interest rate, and I don't care if it's three percent, whatever it is. You put in real numbers. Here's how much I owe, here's what my house is worth. Blah blah blah, and it'll come down and tell you the exact math on it.
Speaker 7: It will tell you exact math because like I said, math, it's math. Math doesn't lie.
Speaker 6: I will say this real quick. It's a little harder to qualify. I mean, let's be honest about that. Now. I don't want to scare people away from asking about that, because once again, if they don't qualify for that, you can refire or put him in a fifteen or thirty or a reverse, you can do at all. But if they want to check into this product, what I mean generally it's somewhat asset based.
Speaker 7: You got to have equity, yeah, I mean everybody should look into it. Really, what is based on if you don't spend every time you make on a monthly, it's perfect. It works wonderful.
Speaker 6: So if you if you're banking one thousand to five thousand a month, it's the cherry on top.
Speaker 7: Oh, it really works. And if you have your debts under control, it's the perfect loan for you.
Speaker 6: So three to oh three, I'm gonna give everybody John's number. I'm working on a website for you because I don't like your website. It's too long. Okay, we're gonna get there real quick. But for right now, you can call him at three oh three five seven seven seven two zero six. Any questions you have. We've times known this guy thirty years. I've known John got at least fifteen and like I said, literally the mortgage we have right now, he did that line of credit three five seven seven seven two six. Any questions you have. And really, I have had so many people call other companies about reverse mortgages and they go, man, I don't even know what I'm talking about. I don't know if they're in state, I don't know who they are. I get a different person. You're they're going to deal directly with you on reverss.
Speaker 7: Correctly with me, And I'm very well versed with on reversal.
Speaker 6: And when we talk about there's a direct lender, you're talking the direct bank. This guy is the guy lending you the money. The company he works for CMG. That's what's crazy. If there's an issue with underwriting. These people are in the same office, they work for the same company. In other words, they get along. I got to take this break, Donna, Sherry David, you're up next.
Speaker 5: I promise, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel Roofing dot com. You don't pay a cent until you're content. Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation. In comparison all Compass insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three all three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three all three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Let me see who's been waiting the longest. My goodness, it's going to be Donna. Donna, First of all, I apologize for making you wait so long? What is going on? How can we help?
Speaker 5: Hi?
Speaker 27: Tom, thanks for help hopefully helping me. I work for I work for a lumber company up in Woodlam Park almost five years. I went to work on January twenty fourth, Friday, got thirty eight, nine o'clock. I was called into the manager's office and was told that my job was being eliminated. He gave me paper work and wanted me to sign it there, which I refused. Got all my belongings. I was walked out of the buildings, very humiliating.
Speaker 6: Hey, Donald, let me ask you a question. When he said the job was being eliminated? What was your function?
Speaker 23: Originally the.
Speaker 27: Company that I worked for was bought out, and so that company my my job title is bookkeeper. Okay, so you were We managed the office and did all accounts, receivablele new accounts, just a lot of other stuff that was.
Speaker 9: Being a bookkeeper.
Speaker 6: So when they when they bought you out, was it a bigger company that bought out, Not that it matters, So they probably did a lot of that stuff in house.
Speaker 27: It's a big holdings corporation that bought them out. My job title was then changed to accounting.
Speaker 6: Clerk, okay, and then they said they were eliminating that. Yeah, so so far.
Speaker 27: Another lady in the office with me that was also accounting clerk, but she did accounts payable okay, and from my understanding, she is now doing my job.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: So, either if they combined them or got rid of both of the functions, it really wouldn't matter when the new company bought it or even the older company. If they want to eliminate that job function, they can do it. But on top of that, even if they just wanted to fire you because they didn't want you there anymore, under most circumstances, they can do that as well. I know it doesn't seem fair, but that is just how it works in the state of Colorado. In most states, it's an at will state.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Now, well you can go get there's no reason why you couldn't go get unemployment.
Speaker 27: I have applied for unemployment.
Speaker 6: Yeah, you'll get it.
Speaker 27: Concern My concern is with the separation agreement. If I sign it, I'm not going to get the unemployment.
Speaker 6: Well, what do they offer you?
Speaker 12: And they're gonna They offered me.
Speaker 27: My five weeks of my current based salary that totals four eight and eighty less applical taxes, which basically my figure showed three thousand, eight and eighty. So if I don't find this, then it says I quit, which is a gonna it would affect my unemployment.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so so hold on, this is such just a math question. I mean, it really is. You can get unemployment to someone. Someone helped me, Kelly. Do you know how long can you get on unemployment? Anybody? Twenty nine days or twenty nine weeks? Twenty nine weeks? So how much?
Speaker 21: What?
Speaker 6: What's like seventy five percent of what you make per week? Is it roughly seventy five percent?
Speaker 8: Kelly?
Speaker 6: Sixty percent?
Speaker 5: Do you know?
Speaker 6: I just know you talked directly with our expert over there.
Speaker 19: Yeah, we did.
Speaker 24: So we actually ended up having to render because we had already gotten it for twenty nine weeks and.
Speaker 6: We had to do Yeah, but for the twenty nine weeks, what kind of percentage compared to salary would it be or hour?
Speaker 5: I thought it was eighty percent.
Speaker 24: I believe it was eighty percent, But that doesn't include the taxes they take out.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, but it's still eighty percent.
Speaker 19: Kirk, Why couldn't she take the separation agreement and when those funds, when that five weeks runs out, she could still collect unemployments.
Speaker 6: Separation agreement is spelling out that she quit and didn't get terminated. Oh I thought they said if she didn't sign it, it spelled out she quit. No, the determination agreement is literally acknowledging I quit. I don't I'm not getting terminated. So I mean, it's simply math. Donna, I would go with the twenty nine weeks at eighty percent compared to the five weeks at one hundred percent. Why wouldn't you?
Speaker 9: I don't know.
Speaker 27: I'm just I'm just you know, there's so much legal stuff in this paperwork. I'm afraid to sign it.
Speaker 6: Donna. Listen, listen. I feel so bad for you. I wouldn't do anything right now when it comes to that company, I wouldn't sign anything. You could get twenty nine weeks of unemployment and listen. People out there that have any problem with it, you know, Pound saying, here's the deal, we all pay into unemployment forever when something like this happens. She got bought out by another company and they got rid of her. There is no reason in the world why she shouldn't go on unemployment. She's going to have ample time to go out and find another job and get her life back together. This isn't her fault. This isn't like she stole from the company. And the only reason I'm bringing that up, donn, is I'll get hate mail going on. People shouldn't do it. We all pay into it. That's exactly what unemployment is made for, is what this poor woman is going through. Donna, honest to God, don't sign a damn thing. Don't let them pressure it into you. And just you already did it. You filled out for unemployment and you're gonna be on it. You can get twenty nine weeks on it, and you can go out and find another job. You're gonna find a job.
Speaker 27: So if I don't sign this and it and it says I quit, is the company then gonna fight me.
Speaker 4: I don't care.
Speaker 6: Listen, listen, Donnie. Here's here's what I call reality. The reality is this company fired you. Is that not the reality?
Speaker 12: Yeah?
Speaker 6: I wouldn't sign a damn thing unless if they lie, and I can't believe a big conglomeration is gonna lie, I wouldn't do a damn thing. I'd call up unemployment and go. They called me into the office on one twenty four and told me my job was eliminated. That's what I'd say. They fired me, and then they escorted me out the building. That if that's not the definition of getting canned, I don't know what is right, right, So really don't don't. Don't let them intimidate you. I wouldn't even talk to him at this point. I wouldn't do anything but deal with unemployment. That's all I would do. I promise you you're going to get your unemployment. Yeah, and you got to forget about that paperwork. Yeah, forget about the paperwork. Don't let this stress you out. Look the fact that you've got to go find a job and stuff. That's fine, but that's why you're gonna have unemployment. You're gonna have twenty nine weeks to go figure something out for a gig. But don't let this company beat you up. This happens all the time. I mean literally, it happens all the time. I mean, we're listen, listen, think of what you want with Eline right now. But he's he's gutting, he's gutting every part of government. I happen to agree with it, but there's a lot of people out there right now that have to make a decision. Am I gonna go on to unemployment? Am I going to take this? It's a pretty good buyout, an eight month buyout or brisk getting fired and have to go on in unemployment. Whatever that looks like for the FEDS, I don't know, but people have. My only point of bringing that up wasn't political, It was everybody makes these decisions all the time. So really, you've got to put this. If this one conversation does anything, I hope you just quit focusing on these people and focusing on, you know, finding another job. Don't worry about the money for a while, because you've got the unemployment that you've probably been paying into forever. Have you ever taken unemployment before?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 27: I applied when I when I got laid off at a school district, but I found a job right away, so I never actually.
Speaker 6: Got in How many how many years have you paid into unemployment?
Speaker 12: A long time?
Speaker 19: Thank you and Donna, Just so you know, if you collect unemployment, it does reflect on their end. Their unemployment rates go up as well. That's why they're trying to pressure you into this.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I mean, no, doubt because they all have to pay for it, and the deal they're offering you sucks. You said five weeks, right, five weeks? Yeah, I would. I wouldn't even negotiate with them, forget about it. In fact, the way they treated you, the way they canned.
Speaker 2: Do you know.
Speaker 6: I'm not going to say it's horrible. You gotta do it one way. It's never going to feel good. But I don't like how it went down. So get If she's got any more questions, Kelly, give her, give her my email. I don't mind helping her. And then DONNAE, you do have a problem with unemployment ladies, who is our guy over there? We know the main game.
Speaker 19: She can contact us or go through you and we'll help her out if something happens with her unemployment or she's not here back.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, perfect. We've got connections over there. If they do try to fight it or try to pull any games, we know people there. We know the top dog.
Speaker 5: Hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's Best roofer Excel roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're content.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation in comparison call Compass Insurance, pay too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three seven seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank durand the real estate man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: All right, if you only listened on YouTube, you would hear my singing ability as well. Suzanne loves it when I sing in the shower.
Speaker 5: Oh yes, I sure do so.
Speaker 6: Uh you name it, I can sing it.
Speaker 19: Culture Club Karma Chameleon was his latest.
Speaker 6: That was great. You're on YouTube, yep. And then of course Metallica to George Strait, it doesn't matter. I've got it down. Three oh three seven one three eight two five five. Who's been waiting the longest? Here?
Speaker 4: Sherry? Sherry?
Speaker 6: What's going on YouTube? Sherry? What's happening?
Speaker 23: Is Susan Sweaty Club?
Speaker 6: Oh God? Is this Sherry from YouTube? Who we met?
Speaker 4: Yea in Spokane?
Speaker 6: In Spokane, sweetheart, Hey, that is some neck of the woods you live in. I have never seen so much graffiti and homelessness in one block. Literally, it made Denver. It made Denver look like Montana.
Speaker 28: Don't you feel sorry for me?
Speaker 6: Are they doing raids out there yet?
Speaker 2: Not that I know of.
Speaker 6: No, My goodness. What's going on with your shifter?
Speaker 26: What is that like?
Speaker 6: Your gear shifter?
Speaker 21: Yeah?
Speaker 28: So my two thousand and nine Mini Cooper. It's a five speed manual and if it's about twenty five degrees or colder, it will not move.
Speaker 6: Let's do this. Let's get it will not move. Kelly, Get Jeff Thick real quick. Hold on, Cherry. I bet we have an answer to that in a minute. And the only reason I'm speeding up to conversation is I just looked at the clock. As soon as I have Jeff on, we'll figure out how to fix that. Karen, what's going on with you? Karen? Hello, Hey, Karen, what's happening?
Speaker 15: Hey?
Speaker 18: Uh?
Speaker 21: You know.
Speaker 23: I have a small business here in Denver, Okay. I have been in this building, in this space for over thirty five years. My lease expired on December thirty first, twenty twenty four, okay, and my landlord, I had a new owner took over at the end of October twenty twenty four. The new owner agreed to a month to month lead you know, term tendancy, and he said we were going to talk about my options. Well, just recently I received the is it notice to quit.
Speaker 6: Or determinating the lease?
Speaker 23: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, so a notice to vacate. So they're going to either sell it or they're going to do something else with it. I mean really, unless if I'm missing something, I'm not sure. I'm not sure you have a leg to stand on to stop.
Speaker 23: It, and that's not my you know, intent. Okay, I'm fine leaving, Okay, because they're going to raise their they raise the rent from nine dollars recents of square foot to fourteen, got it? So I'm not sure that's legal.
Speaker 26: But I guess.
Speaker 23: My question is am I obligated to any of the terms of the lease at this point?
Speaker 6: I don't understand your question. Like you long as you're still under it, you're obligated to all of them. I don't know what you mean.
Speaker 23: Well, if the lease has expired, yeah, but no, you.
Speaker 6: Said the original lease expired. Now you've been on month to month. That month to month is actually your lease. Now that's currently your.
Speaker 23: Lease, But what what are the terms of that month to month?
Speaker 6: It would be the same as the terms of the other one except for the length of the term. It's just thirty days, meaning either of you could give notice in that period of time, but everything else. So I guess what would be a specific question you're asking, Well.
Speaker 23: I asked him, so I have a business with a lot of big equipment, you know, big heavy equipment, okay, And I asked him for another thirty days okay, you know, to get moved and to operate the business.
Speaker 15: At the same time.
Speaker 6: And does he have a problem with that?
Speaker 23: He he didn't. He hasn't even talked to me. He's going through his management company, and she told me that he is not going to agree to another thirty days.
Speaker 6: You know what, I think he's crazy not to do that. Let's let's let's actually go down that. Let's go down that rabbit hole this jerk wants to do. Kelly, get on, Brad O'Brien. I would say, he can't kick you out and within a thirty day period. In other words, if he wants to be a total jerk, I think you could stay there longer. But let's see what our attorney has to say about it. And I would hate to have to go down a road so stupid. All she he's asking for us for thirty days. I'm picturing she's got like forklifts and kind of rental equipment big stuff. Give her time to movie you dummy.
Speaker 5: Hold on, go with a sure thing Denver's best roofer Excel Roofing dot com.
Speaker 4: You don't pay a cent until you're contenth.
Speaker 5: Time for an insurance check up free, no obligation comparison call Compass Insurance paying too much your coverage at dozens of insurance companies find out now three oh three, seven to seven to one help. You'll think you're his only customer when you choose Frank Durand the real estate Man dot com to list your home with Remax Alliance three oh three nine two zero sixteen twenty two.
Speaker 6: Try three oh three Martino. Please don't forget that number works on and off the air. Three zero three Martino. I want to go to our legal expert, Brad O'Brien. Let me tell you when it comes to commercial real estate or residential this guy knows everything really quick, Brad. Just because I'm up against the clock, Karen had a a commercial property lease in Denver. The term was up. I don't know if it was ten year, twenty years. She's been there a very long time, and they've been going month to month. There's a new owner involved. Someone came in and bought it, and I don't know what their plans are, but she's been on a month to month lease. They both agreed on that. So a couple questions. One when that initial lease was up and they converted and both agreed to go to month to month that there was nothing signed there, so the terms of the original lease would still be the same terms except for the dates. Right, yeah, yes, okay, So now they want her out let me lock you in, Karen. Did they serve you? Did they put up a ten day notice?
Speaker 23: No, they just mailed, you know, certified, mailed me the notice.
Speaker 6: And what did the notice say? Just roughly vacate by.
Speaker 23: When February twenty eighth.
Speaker 6: So they want her out this when did you receive that letter?
Speaker 23: January twenty eight, twenty seventh or twenty eight?
Speaker 6: So they emailed her basically given her thirty days right there. It sounds like she needs an additional thirty days though, because she's got big equipment. She can't just like, you know, rent a U haul and move this stuff. So two questions, Brad So two questions, Brad, I mean, if she had to, is there any way they could have victor from a commercial property in Denver in that thirty day period if it came down to something that silly. Is that even a possibility.
Speaker 26: Yeah, first look at the least and see if what the notice requirement is. Okay, if there's nothing there, then it's a three day notice. It's not ten day ten days residential. So three days is all I needed. In commercial it has to be three days before the end of the before the beginning of the next rental month. So if the month runs first to the end of the month, three d donus has to be given before the end of February if it's going to be effective for the end of February.
Speaker 6: It sounds like they did that, so she might have to be out by the twenty eighth, is why you're saying.
Speaker 26: Except mainly, if not good enough for this kind of it has to be posted or hand or in person delivered.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's got to be in person delivered or posted you oh my god. So basically where she stands right now is she would have those extra thirty days because even if they hand delivered one now she would still be able to go through March, right, that's right, So Karen, you're in great shape. They're just playing hardball and the new owner, Brad, won't even talk to her. They have the management company just trying to threaten her. What do you suggest she does to answer it? Because everything you've said is great.
Speaker 26: Well politely respondent, writing about what her rights are and what their responsibilities are for following the right procedures or criminating tendency.
Speaker 6: Karen's you got any questions for Brad and the other thing as Honestly, if you don't want to deal with that part and you're just more you know, you just want to make sure you get your your your time right to that end of March, you can call Brad up and Brad can start doing the communications for you. That's not going to cost that much. It seems pretty cut and dry, right Brad, unless if there's something you know we're all missing.
Speaker 26: Yeah, yes, probably less than well.
Speaker 6: He's talking lesson an hour of his time to do that. I wouldn't even hesitate. I'd call him personally.
Speaker 9: Okay.
Speaker 23: My other quick question was then I would like to do that.
Speaker 6: Actually, we'll give you his number when we're done. But quick with the question.
Speaker 23: I thought that if I do, if I'm able to get out everything that I need to, you know, but left you know different, you know, sheets of materials or something like that. Am I obligated to have this whole place cleaned out?
Speaker 6: That's all going to be in the least, right, Brad?
Speaker 26: Yeah, normally it's a broom clean. Uh is the condition you have to leave it in.
Speaker 6: So she doesn't have to paint or anything. A broom clean, but she would need to get materials out right.
Speaker 26: Yeah, and you could leave wearing wearing chair accepted. Yep, you can't leave any of your stuff.
Speaker 6: And how long have you been there, Karen? You said thirty years? Yeah, so you're wearing tear is going to be everything. I got to put you both on hold. Hey, Brad O'Brien, I appreciate it. By the way, if you're a landlord out there and having updated your lease for your tenants residential, commercial, you gotta call Brad have him look over that lease. There's so many rule changes, but anything out there, I mean, you just heard them the Guys Walking book when it comes to property, Brad O'Brien, here's the number Karen in for everybody else anything seven two zero three seven zero seven three eight eight seven two zero three seven zero seven three eight eight or o ls law dot com. Kelly make sure she got that if she's still there. And then basically John CMG find Angel John Clays. He's done our mortgage. We've known this guy thirty years. I don't care if you just want a traditional thirty year or fifteen year. This guy's going to get you the best rate out there. On top of that, he does the all in one loan. We talked about that. The effective interest rates around three percent. It's a little hard to qualify, but it's great for some people. It's great for second properties like a vacation house or something. And then reverse mortgages. They have a full team that can help you get into a reverse mortgage. These are great people. Please call them with any questions at all three oh three, five seven seven seventy two oh six. We'll see you tomorrow.