Speaker 1: Yeah, they are, and and and again it's not it's tourism, it's film. A lot of things that they're doing, you know, I mean, we know they're trying to get some spring training in some form back here. Uh you know, I don't think i'd ever heard the story or how close we were to getting You know, there's really a good core of spring training teams that would be here and would still be here that I think this community can support. But they just uh you know when it when it went south and went south fast, right, yeah, no question.
Speaker 2: So they're doing good work there now, oh yeah, yeah, well now there's more to be done, right right. So we're here at the casino. RELs Sold Sports. If you want to come down, we have an hour. In fact, we have one of our listeners, one of our callers, Brian. How you doing, Brian?
Speaker 1: Pretty good? Pretty good? Any new questions for you? You called in yesterday.
Speaker 2: You've been pretty pragmatic with the team, and I think I asked you yesterday if you had season tickets and you don't, but you go, right, you go, And that's how you support the team.
Speaker 1: Right. I see him every time. I think he crawls in under the fence is what he does is he and his son Adam, they worked away and under the fence somewhere.
Speaker 3: We always go check out Jay's tailgate exactly.
Speaker 1: We get there. Are you doing that TOMORROWGT. We haven't given it up yet, man.
Speaker 2: Okay, because you you didn't do it last time you were at the Dodgers.
Speaker 1: Right right, there was no tailgate because I'm the one that brings in all the stuff and we were we had gone to uh uh la. So okay, but tomorrow, okay, cool, there's a mighty no. Well we'll be there tomorrow for the Houston game, eight fifteen game. But Brian, okay, Brian, what's on your mind about where's your mind at on the Cats tomorrow?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: They got a game against Houston, a game that you think Arizona should win their favorite bad point and a half.
Speaker 3: Well, they may be favored by a point and a half, but I don't know. It's I know the last time they had to buy, they won a game. You can't have a buy every other week.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, How disappointed are you?
Speaker 3: I think more shock and only in the fact that maybe I, like everybody else, bought into it that we were going to be much better than we really are only for the fact everybody who came back and not realizing that even though we did get Faffita at McMillan back, but we didn't get a lot of other pieces back, and those two pieces can't win all your.
Speaker 1: Games for you. Well, I'm just disappointed in the fact that this became that season that Arizona always has after the ten min season exactly we talked, that's the part that's disappointed. Whatever all the reasons are for that, well, you know, and there are a lot of them. Well, but just the fact that we did it again. Well, let me tell you this, because I was there with you. You asked the question of Akina at that luncheon that we had in the preseason. He explained the ninety nine year I think that was what do you think he would say now? I think he would say a lot of the same things, that there are some pieces that didn't come together, whether it's a specific players, you know, the coaching, the coaching change, and the system change and all these things that you know, those guys that you know, the coaches, the guys with the head headsets on the guys on the sidelines, they know all these things that are happening to their team. We as fans don't know, right, we don't know how much how hard it was to replace Jordan Morgan as a left tackle.
Speaker 3: Right and also too and the running back situation, the running back situation that one guy and they can bust the play and get us five six yards at a time.
Speaker 2: You had that guy kind of no the first the first one, you had the new Mexico kid kid they got in Olige War.
Speaker 1: You know, I mean, they have no idea what happened to you. But yeah, think about last year. You know, Michael Wiley was was the starter, and then Jonah Coleman comes along. Also they got these this this one two punch of running back that there was always a really good running back in the game. And look, I know the guys that that Arizona has this year, they're they're decent, guys, are good, they're they're players, but they're not Jonah Coleman.
Speaker 3: They're not Michael Wiley. We also didn't have that extra receiver like rightwing last year, and that made a huge difference because it took all that pressure off a team.
Speaker 1: Ac I think that's the thing that the one thing that even the people who think that that Brent Brendan's a terrible coach. That they say, well, there is that, right, the fact that we didn't understand how big a deal Jacob Cowing was and how much better he made. You know, Timmy, you look at you still look at what t Max done this year. He's still been really, really, really good. He's still going to be, you know, probably a top ten draft pick without a guy to take the heat off of him. Right, it's truly difficult.
Speaker 3: If a lot of times you'll watch the plays and the past will come to McMillan and he'll catch it somehow, and there's four guys right there all over him. And you know, being six or five does help and can jump out of the of the stadium.
Speaker 1: But you know, five years down the road, we'll hear what the story really was. Right, Well, maybe sooner than that, maybe. Yeah. You hear rumors, You hear all these things.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, when there are rumors and we talk about this, you know, go with what you know, and now what rumored are what the rumors are.
Speaker 1: So I think he'll be back. He'll definitely be back. And you know, some of those folks who are out there saying that he should be or may get fired. Shake yourselves. Okay, you know a couple of guys in the media who are just really pounding on that to say, you know that he should be fired. You don't know. I'm sorry, you do not know what's going on back there. And so look, is a three and six record, you know something that you can do here and you're and keep your job. Absolutely not. But we don't know yet. We still don't know how good a coach Brent Brandan is. You know, he may we know, he may be doing an incredible job. You know, he may be doing better than he should be doing. I doubt it, but thank you, We don't know.
Speaker 3: You know, gonna need to at the end of the season take a deep look at himself, right and I'm going to find a brand new coaching staff. Yeah, he did not have the pick of the letter and the coaching staff, and he was hired.
Speaker 1: But we all thought he got guys. I think Duana Keene is a good coach. I think Diano Babers is still a good coach. I think he was a good pick for that one because of his head coaching experience to help Brent Brannan come in here and run a program. And second, the guy was a very good offensive coach when last time he was here. Yeah, so you know, you don't you just we just don't know. And and look, I'm not I'm not sitting here saying that I'm one hundred percent certain that Brent Brennan is going to be a really good football coach at Arizona. But I don't know. Also that he should be cashiered after one year. Well, I know he shouldn't be, but we'll see what happens. We'll see what happens down the road. They just need to get better, they do. You know, they really need to come out tomorrow and show that they've done something to right this ship even a little bit. And and by that, I mean they need to win this game tomorrow otherwise, Well, how many times have you said that? Here's the We've been saying it all year.
Speaker 2: Here's the problem to both of you guys, and I've said this in the show a lot since we saw you last.
Speaker 1: It's the performance level. They're getting blown out.
Speaker 2: Uh and this this if this team had anything of gun us or you know what I'm saying, Jay, you know, some over move, they wouldn't be.
Speaker 1: Getting blown out yet no, you're right, and that's disturb scary part. That's the disturbing. The disturbing scary part is that they're not just losing. They're getting beat the hell by teams that aren't so good. If they were.
Speaker 2: Losing by four in a field goal late league game whatever. Okay, you say, okay, they're almost there, but but they're not even doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they don't even one of their problems too. You look at when someone's in there in a long time. You got the same guys playing constantly. We have no depth whatsoever, zero, and that really does hurt, like you know.
Speaker 1: Well, that's that's the big that's that's the main problem with this team. It didn't have any depth. It needed to get through the year without a bunch of injuries. And not only did guys get hurt, primary main guys got hurt, leaders got hurt, Your best players got hurt. And that's that's you know again, you have to factor that in and and you know, for you to say, well, you you lose all those guys, but you should still keep winning games. Well, Arizona's not that program. Arizona doesn't have, you know, another four star sitting on the bench. And they can. It's never been that program. You know. Look, you know, look look at what's happened to Georgia, right all of a sudden, you know they're not you know, they've lost a couple of games. You know, look at Michigan. It was national champion last year. Just look at them. Look in Florida State, you know, Florida. So look, you know this. These things happen a lot and a lot of times. They happen when they're unexpected. I'm defending this coaching staff to the point of they need more time.
Speaker 2: Right. I asked, last time we were here, we had Lamont only here and I asked him, point blank, does he think that this program, and he was in the program, does this thing, this program is hunted or cursed?
Speaker 1: Cursed? Jay?
Speaker 2: I know we believe because I've read books about it. I've read, I've heard, I've heard I've read books about it. There's something in there. And then every how, first time is a mistake, second time is a start, you know, kind of a habit. A third time, this is the fourth time that this has happened. You win big and then it's then and it's all gone.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess we should be happy. Four times we won ten games.
Speaker 1: Well better than three times.
Speaker 3: That's exactly right, because some schools don't get any Yeah, and and and again, the disappointing piece of this is, you know, you get you get a season like that, You get up there, and all you want is continuity success.
Speaker 1: You just wanted to keep. You wanted to continue, not that you're going to win ten games every year, but that you're going to be at that level every year to possibly do that. I don't know if this was and it just hasn't happened. I don't know if this was asking much for me. Eight wins. You said eight, I said eight, Ryan, I don't know what you said at the beginning of or eight, seven or eight. I think we all did. Right now, you're killing for eight or seven, killing for five. I mean, I've got to be realistic.
Speaker 3: There's not going to be a Bowl game, true, true, you know, I can't see us win maybe one out of the next street tomorrow that might be the one, but after that, I'm not real confident of it anymore.
Speaker 1: Wins. Even as pathetic as it sounds, I told my son I wasn't going to go to the ACU game. Here is Yeah, what. I just told him I wasn't going to go, and he said, I said, don't be that fan. I said, I'm gonna. I'm gonna go, both of you.
Speaker 2: Because we talked about this with with Troy yesterday and we've said it a couple of times.
Speaker 1: Tomorrow's attendance. What is it? Oh, thirty eight?
Speaker 2: Oh, you're generous. We talked about thirty. They're gonna announce thirty nine forty.
Speaker 3: Maybe by the second half people will show up because the basketball game will be over.
Speaker 1: There's so many things going on. I don't know if this is uh common knowledge, but it's my understanding. They're gonna put the game on. They've announced it. Yeah, they did announce it. Okay, yeah, yeah, they're gonna do it's the first half, first half of the first half. Yeah, so we're gonna go. We're game. Are you saying thirty eight legit or thirty? I said that's the intendanct'll announced tomorrow. I bet I bet to be. But I still think they'll be thirty five there. Oh, I don't see more than thirty. They've given up. I think they've given up. You'll know about your your your tailgate? Yeah, well yeah, I mean you know, we're we're gonna we're gonna show up at a tailgate at five o'clock. Normally get there, you know, quite a bit earlier. But we'll see where we land on the on the lawn out there, if we're still on the if we're still on the Michael lawn, showing up at five o'clock, it's a it's a very low crowd. But it's also Friday, you know. Yeah, I mean like like we're we're tailgating just because you do. We didn't tailgate the last game, and you do it, and we're going to and there's only one more game after this, and we just you know, let's show up. Let's put the TV on, Let's see what's on. You know, we'll watch you Modern Family or something I don't know, and we'll, uh, you know, we'll take over. Yeah, maybe I'll put Game five of the World Series on and we can watch that again, or Game one. You know, Yeah, when I watched that game in full three times and it ends the same way every time. And my TikTok feed is all full of Dodger highlights, like every third high every third clip. Last time you talked about this stuff. Now it's not. I I'm going talk. You'll talk the show on the show dogs. It's it's it's been awesome. Yeah, it's been fun. I get I get goosebumps every time I watch that stuff.
Speaker 2: So once we come back from break, guys, let's talk about the basketball game, because that's another big deal. Yeah, on the road Wisconsin, all that stuff, and see what you like about them. Yeah, you definitely. We got a couple of means to break.
Speaker 1: But we are here where it's Soul Sports at the casino, del sold sportsbook. Let me go over a couple of the drink. We got some drink specials for you. I mean let me I had them up and then I killed them. All Right, here we go. As we've talked about, they've got their bartenders create create a drink. So the drink of the month in November, the bartender creation is a Ryan Punch, Ryan Rye Punch and liquid blueberry Pie. How does that sound, t Ryan? A beer guy? You're a beer guy? Okay, well, if you're a beer guy, the beers of the month are a Cores Light draft and cors Light and Miller lit aluminum bottles for three seventy five. There you go. Oh, there's one sitting right over there. Okay, but those are those are the drinks for the month. And again, as we as we talked about with the Jeff Lindheimer, the sportsbook manager, they've got Jake Paul versus Mike Tyson tomorrow night. While the program starts at three fifteen, three thirty in the afternoon, get here, he says, get here by three. Uh, the place fills up. And then on Saturday they've got Jones versus Meo chick. Is that how you pronounce it? Sounds good? It's a UFC three oh nine. Uh, So you can get here, get some money down on those on those fights. Uh. We got the NFL game starting here in about about an hour, no, about two hours. Uh, you got the Commanders in the Eagle. So lots of stuff going on here at the sports books, so be sure to be sure to stop by. Yes, well, well we'll talk some basketball. Did you watch a duke game? Yeah, Kentucky game had Kentucky winning. Your friend Kirk resa was it, yes, yes, doing it exactly, That's exactly. That's that's the same thing that everybody else said. Curb being Kerr, you know, makes one and he starts throwing his hands up and somebody was making fun of his little mustache, and yeah, that was kind of thing, not mean stuff. You know, nobody's saying I don't know it. Just there's like, okay, he's he's your Kirk said, no, I'm not ours. That's right. We like him right where he's at. Right, you're well, you talk about a guy who you know who landed pretty well, right, he's at Kentucky. I know I said that yesterday.
Speaker 2: He sold himself, went to West Virginia, obviously got whatever he got there with n I l and then bet on himself again and.
Speaker 1: On himself again. He's at Kentucky. You know he's getting paid a pretty penny well wherever it is, right, so everybody Kentucky gets a little something. All right, let's go ahead, take our break. We're here at Soul Sports because Casino Deel Soul. We're gonna come back. Steve and I are still gonna do our normally fab five Friday picks. We're gonna do him on Thursday. We're gonna get those posted this time. Steve and I were awful last week. I'm glad you didn't post them. We're terrible. Well I did you get a game right. I got one game right as well, but we both scored zero, so it's a it's neck and next till Steve. So all right, so we're gonna take a break. We'll be right back. Stick around.
Speaker 4: Your chance to win one thousand dollars. You just touch her this nation wide keyword on our website. Money, that's money entered right now Foxsports fourteen fifty dot com.
Speaker 1: Are you ready?
Speaker 5: Ready to discover your soul, your wildside, your passion, your joy and excitement. From the latest slots and table games, to award winning dining, to world class entertainment to a luxurious resource.
Speaker 1: Discover all this and more.
Speaker 5: Discover with Soul Casino Dell Soul, the Soul of Tucson.
Speaker 1: Are you ready enterprise?
Speaker 6: So Fasco YUCKI trye The window Depot has everything you need to create the kitchen or bathroom of your dreams. Browseyisles of instack cabinets available in a variety of sizes and configurations, and instantly elevate your space.
Speaker 1: Today.
Speaker 6: Visit a showroom and let our experts guide you. Whether you're choosing for ready to go designs or creating a custom masterpiece. We can help you select the perfect wood type, color, and style, and top it off with unique hardware to complete your look. Find a location near you at the window deepot dot com. The window Depot more than a store.
Speaker 2: Steve Rivera here to talk about Dorato Rock and Materials. I needed a lot of gravel for my driveway, so I called Eric at Dorato Rock. He found out the amount and color I needed and boom, it was taken care of and at a great price. How do I know radio commercials work. I heard one of his on the radio. Dorato Rock and Materials provides a wide range of landscaping materials, including decorative rock, boulders, gravel, soil, and sand for residential and commercial use in the Tucson area. They are locally owned and have been around for more than fifteen years. We'll call at five two zero four zero zero four two three three.
Speaker 1: Where do you buy exercise equipment?
Speaker 7: Arizona Health Arizona Health, Arizona Health.
Speaker 8: Of course, to feel better and look better, it makes sense to buy your fitness equipment from the people who know it better than anyone else. At Arizona Health, our goal is to help you choose the equipment you need to reach your goals, Your health and fitness deserve the best you deserve. Arizona Health the leading edge and exercise equipment on twenty seconds just west of Wilmot School.
Speaker 9: In the falls fourth season are an full stride. Time to get that special student athlete a creative award for his or her efforts.
Speaker 1: They are deserving.
Speaker 9: It's also time to rejuvenate your fall apparel with a Chris looking embroidered school corporate logo on caps.
Speaker 1: Shorts are long sleeve.
Speaker 9: Follos and why not get some fresh looking promotional products representing your school or corporation or just giveaways for the upcoming twenty twenty five season.
Speaker 1: For over one thousand fun items to choose froom, come.
Speaker 9: Visit Creative Awards at Creative awardsaz dot com or see our Idea Center at two twenty eight West TrackMan Street.
Speaker 10: At Nova Home Loans, we believe everyone deserves the opportunity to enjoy the independence that comes with home ownership. Paul Volpi is ready to help you find an option that best fits your needs. Whether you're a first time or veteran home buyer, or want to get cash out with the refinance. Nova has a variety of home loan programs to meet your unique situation. Visit voltpeteam dot com, that's volpe team dot com or call five two oh six eight five six two six today in MLS three oh eight seven Arizona be K nine two nine four two Equal Housing Opportunity got to commitment to lindrixon credit rates and available loan programs of SUBFT to change the nundnice.
Speaker 1: Did you know?
Speaker 9: Collecting sports cards is one of the fastest growing hobbies around. Whether you're looking at chart or expand your collection, Showtime Cards is your ultimate destination.
Speaker 1: As one of the.
Speaker 9: Leading card shops in the country, we've been serving our community for over twenty five years with the best in sports cards and trading card games. From rare fines to the latest releases, Showtime Cards has it all. Check them out at Showtimecards dot Com or visit them on East Speedway and discover why collectors everywhere trush Showtime Cards for their passion.
Speaker 7: On a road trip or just around town. Driving a car you can afford is more important than ever. At Pyramid Federal Credit Union, our one rate auto loan is for everyone. One rate offers a single competitive rate no matter your credit score.
Speaker 1: You can borrow better with Pyramid.
Speaker 7: For details or to apply online, visit Pyramid FCU dot com Slash one rate Pyramid Federal Credit Union is an equal opportunity lender federally insured by NCUA.
Speaker 11: Got bugs, termites, fees, or rodents, Arizona Pest Control will hunt them down. Arizona Pest Control is your com play desert pest management specialist that's can't run or high from Arizona Pest Control. They use only the latest and most technologically advanced methods of pest elimination available, which minimizes the effects on the environment. Let Arizona Pest Control get rid of your bad bugs, termitespis or rodents. Serving Tucson and Southern Arizona since nineteen forty seven. Go to azpest dot com to schedule your free evaluation today.
Speaker 2: Want to build your business better, There's no better place than the Arizona Business Networking Conference December tenth through the twelfth at Casino del Sol. Meet thirty five premier speakers including UA All American Ricky Hunty, Hall of Fame Coach, Mike Hendrea, CEOs and more. Expand your professional network, explore new opportunities and learn from industry leaders. Get your tickets at Tucson Business Networking dot Com Slash Conference.
Speaker 1: Once again.
Speaker 2: That's at Tucson Business Networking dot Com Slash Conference.
Speaker 4: Steve RAVERA, he's got his eye on the ball on Tucson's sports stationed Fox Sports Sports een fifk A.
Speaker 2: Hey, welcome back to lyon the Ball here on fourteen fifteen.
Speaker 1: I'm Scuba Rivera. You're Jigin's all. I am, Well Dollar Bryan, you're hanging out.
Speaker 5: With the goods.
Speaker 2: Transition from bad stuff good stuff and basketball men's basketball and women's basketball. But first of the men, Tommy Lloyd, you don't what you know. You and I sit kind of together now in press world.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 2: I really like this team because how it's put together. Okay, to me, the pieces fit. What do you like about it? Whether that's good enough to win the Big twelve or get to the Final four, I don't know, but it just just it's just fit. You gotta love the backcourt with with the kJ and Jayden and love right those three guys, and then whatever he does with with a Waka and and Crevas and Henry and Townsend.
Speaker 1: So there's another good group.
Speaker 2: And then you have the shooter Deloro coming up, and then and then you have Martinez who may or may not play. It's just like the pieces fit. Yeah, and that's what I really like about it. It seems like interchangeable. Again, I don't know how good that's gonna be.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing that I think that so many people are saying about this team is is that it's physical. They've had to improve their physicality. They've got by that. By that, I mean the guys, the guys under the basket playing the four and five positions, with the exception of Henry Vasar, are bigger, thicker, right, They're not getting pushed around. Tobyo Waka is a beast under that. He's huge. You know, a guy like him, you know tray townsend out on the wing, you know, playing the three in the four again, he can he can hit shots, but he'll get in there and he'll get a rebound or if he takes it to the hole. You know, he's a load, you know. And then you know, we've only got We've only been able to see Crevius a couple of times, but man, he's gotten bigger. Wall He walks on the court and you go, holy hell, how does a person get that big Finland Sweden. He should be. He's a big, big boy. He's skilled right now. I think we're still seeing he's still got to get a little tougher.
Speaker 2: Tougher right right. I think he's it needs to be more skilled too, right. The guy that I think that is is Henry, who fills in very fluid for six eleven seven.
Speaker 1: He did a nice spin move in one of the two games, and I'm like, okay, we're you know who does that? We haven't seen that since s Laurie Markin.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you right? No, no, kind of kind of a similar player, not as good. But I asked Tommy this and asked him, Uh, Henry, this wasn't a blessing this in this guy's that he sat out last year because he would have been third year player now with with with not much then, because he wouldn't have played the must Now he's got a year where he had the gains, strengthen them and muscle and all that stuff, and he got to watch. Now he's got those skills coming back for a second.
Speaker 1: Year, and he's gonna be key because he brings in, uh, the element of the big guy who can step out top of the key, hit some threes. You can't. You have to guard him, right, You can't ignore him when he goes out there. Uh you know, you can ignore crevious when he goes out there, but you can't ignore him. You know. If you're gonna let him shoot the open three, he's going to make a bunch of those.
Speaker 2: Arizona hasn't hit had him since this name. But I say this cruct grand Jarrett. He came in here and he left right away, and he's think, what the hell you thinking? But he could he can stretch you out. He did, You can stretch you out right, it's almost ten years ago. Yeah, No, I think that he's a he's a guy that uh again, he's good. As you said that, there's all these roles that need to be played for for a team to be really good, and it looks like they've got a lot of those roles filled right.
Speaker 1: Uh you know again, a walka was a beat in the last game. I mean, he just just get the hell out of my way. Sure I'm getting this rebound, you know. And he's not a big tall guy. Just he takes up a lot of space and you're not going to move him. Much. No.
Speaker 2: I think that Tommy really kind of looked at the team and says, what do I need one to get tougher, stronger, got him and just fit the pieces that needed to be fit.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he found him. We'll see and again, you know, the competition hasn't been great. You know, they got Wisconsin coming up on Saturday. Excuse me, tomorrow. We'll see. You know, I'm interested to see this game. Look, I watched the Duke Kentucky game to try and see guys. Now only saw the second half to try and see guys and how Arizona would match up against guys. They'll fit, they'll fit. Yeah, they have guys.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't be surprised if Arizona wins, maybe by nine to ten. I would pick him to win, whatever the spread. Yeah, because it's at home, and Duke is. It's November. What does it really matter?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but do Duke was in and I had Kentucky winning Monday. I think it was Monday because just because, uh, but Duke is.
Speaker 1: It's the name again, right right, look, and and and and and Cooper Flag is good. He's a really good player. And the other kid too, very young, you know, And and and you could it seemed like the weight of the magnitude of the game may have gotten to him. Uh, particularly that that last minute he turned the ball over a couple of times where it's kind of like, I've got to do this when you really shouldn't be putting that on that kid. No matter how good you are, he doesn't have to be the guy.
Speaker 3: They also watching the Duke game. I'm watching it, and their depth is not what we have. Their depth is not what we have. I really feel that our three wingmen kJ and and j and Bradley fit very well together. And I know people were upset that love came back and we lost the kid, the five star, But what would you rather have the twelve player of the year or some kid you have no no idea And he's going to be going in the year when he was dumb enough to go to ASU.
Speaker 2: Well, so you so you asked, you talked about the flag being a freshman and getting putting too much on his shoulder. You know what I thought, right away? Noah, yeah, noah, y where he's putting too much on his shoulder right so to get out of to be the guy and he's doing.
Speaker 1: Into worse situations because he wants to do too much. Right. No, I think that's it. That's that's a that's a real good, a real good comparison. But I think it showed on Cooper Flag because it was Kentucky, it was Madison Square Garden, it was Duke and it was all these things. And when he turned eighteen, I think yesterday or today. It's funny because he didn't they mentioned seventeen, like I think his birthday was. It was either yesterday or today and he's eighteen years old. It's like at seventeen years old, Steve, Again, we've talked about it. You were doing what chasing women? You know, you know you were chasing girls girls.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we were also trying to be down, just like.
Speaker 3: So watching Cooper Flag play with But he's really good, he's really really good. But there's not a lot of complimentary players.
Speaker 1: The other freshman they had is pretty good.
Speaker 3: Yes they are, but they haven't gotten there yet. By the end of the season, playing this kind of schedule, they will be very good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Agree, it's gonna be It's gonna be a huge game, a fun game for sure. Late game, Yeah, we'll be there midnight or whatever. Are you writing it allore.
Speaker 1: You change your bail had on the Monday, I asked, And I had to bail next morning, Hans, the next morning. I know that That's what I was. No, I I had to bail. So many things going on, you didn't get. I didn't get on the bike hardly at all. I had this flood at my house. I've got, I've got. There were eight eight guys in our house today trying to rebuild our rebuild the interior of our house from this flood that we had a few weeks ago. So just too much stuff going on. Didn't get to it. I even, you know, I went to the gym, got on the stationary back a few times, and I was starting to you know, but I couldn't get the time to actually get on the bike, and so I had to bail. You don't want to do that, don't I know? Well, as I had a horrible nightmare about it, really, yeah I did. I had an actual nightmare of being in the race and nearly dying. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Well, so when I had that dream, I said, that's it. I'll give you my dreams. Last night I was we had a press conference and when Sean Miller was the guy that we were interviewing, and I asked him a question that he didn't like.
Speaker 1: He got up from his podium.
Speaker 2: He just left, And I think, why the hell would I be asking Sean Miller questions? And why would he leave? It was a tough question. He said, say hell with this, I just do that. And it felt so real that I was thinking, who do I need to apologize? No?
Speaker 1: I yeah, I had to bail. But you know again, it's always a great ev on something. I'm kind of sorry I didn't didn't get to it, but it just wasn't happening. It just didn't come together for me. You won't be with me tomorrow.
Speaker 2: But both you guys, Uh, it was gonna win football wise, it was gonna win basketball wise.
Speaker 1: Split tell me how basketball we win? You still think you're gonna loude to Houston? Yes, go sit over there, sit over there your time years O give me that microphone. Uh. I think Arizona wins both? Yeah? Both. What's gonna do it tomorrow? For? For football? Yeah? I think I think they're just gonna come out and play better and nothing else. Is it hopeful? You're hopeful? Or is it because it's just when you think about these guys hanging together for this season and all the stuff that they're going through. I just like to think that they say, Okay, guys, let's circle the wagons this time and let's get out there and just play better. That's it, play hard, play better, uh, and and win a game that you know, maybe we can finish out the season and feel good about ourselves. I'd like to think that this is a team that would do that and likes to think that some of the guys on the team are the types of guys that can lead that.
Speaker 2: See, and I don't feel that from you or what you're saying. If the opposite again, for the reason that if they were playing closer and tighter and this would get.
Speaker 1: Them over the over the hump. Yeah, they just haven't shown that to me.
Speaker 2: So you think, okay, it's like a horse and you read the form, they're just almost there almost they're playing against the team blah blah blah, but they're they're getting beat by ten lanks.
Speaker 1: And I don't I don't. I don't blame anybody who feels that way. Right, you have to feel that way because that's who they've been on right all season long. My approach or my way of thinking, uh, is that these guys are are athletes who who want to compete. They're they're unhappy with how things have turned out for them this year, and they don't have a lot left to play for, and that they're gonna hang on to hang on to that, and they're gonna have some pride and come out and play as best as they can and win a game and this end this losing streak and then give themselves a chance to again finish strong the rest of the season. Ryan doesn't feel that well.
Speaker 3: One thing too, I don't know if all these injuries we've had on defense, how many of those guys are coming back because none of them. Okay, so you have one starter up in the first game, everybody else is gone. Yeah, and also too is okay it's great to say, yeah, you know, I want to win this game, but reality, he has to sink in.
Speaker 1: Maybe they are more talented than.
Speaker 3: Us, only for the sense they might have two or three guys deep in possession.
Speaker 2: We have one deep to give your momentum. Houston has momentum. They want three straight.
Speaker 1: I think it's well, yeah, but you know again, it's it's a matter of though, you know, these guys who have been playing because of the guys that gotten hurt, they're getting better every week. You'd think they're supposed to be there's they're supposed to be getting better every week they've they've had, they've had another buy to get more time on the field, to get more acclimated with each other, and I just I just as a fan, I have to have a belief that some of that is going to is going to take hold. Do I think they're gonna go six and six? No, I do not. You know, I have a hard time thinking they're gonna be TCU, and you know I have a hard time thinking they're gonna be ASUS. So this is sort of an opportunity for them. Let's get one and feel good about ourselves and then see what happens.
Speaker 2: I don't do this game very often, but let's do this hypothetically. If they go six and six, will this season be savage to a degree?
Speaker 1: I think I think people get off Brandon's back. Yes, okay, there's that. And I think if they if they close out with three wins, now you've got some quote unquote momentum heading into the off season going into next year to feel good about yourself and say, okay, we rided the ship a little bit. Yeah, you know, Okay, we need to fill some pieces. You know, tamac is going to be gone. I mean he's going to be top ten draft pick. No, Iffita is not going anywhere right right, and neither's anybody else. Well we can assume other than guys who are out of eligibility. Now, you might lose some guys in the transfer port, sure, you know, but I imagine if Jacob monis, you know, he's got an injury, if he stays, if Fafita stays, key On Burnette stays, and there's some other guys from that whole group, those guys all stick around. I think they want to stick around. I would think again that their pride would say we're gonna come back here and we're going to fix this thing, you know, because they're athletes, and then say whereas if they scatter, you know, then it's kind of like, okay, who are you, Brian? Do you believe that in today's football?
Speaker 3: I don't think pride matters as much as it used to. I think today's football it's wherever the pastor is greener.
Speaker 1: Okay, but who's going to come and give no a fafied a bunch of money more than he's getting here.
Speaker 2: Well, that's the whole thing. Do you You never can't tell? Do you feed him more money after seeing this?
Speaker 1: You know you give him something? Right? He gets he Look, he's not. He's not going to Oklahoma and make a whole bunch of more money there than he than he is here.
Speaker 2: You're right, But who's gonna come up with the money to keep him here and to do the same kind of job. I mean not that he would, not that he would, but they paid him up front. Now, now do I have to give you some more money?
Speaker 1: Well, yes, you do, you do, or he will go somewhere because somebody will give him something somewhere. Start to go fund. Yes, somebody have give him something somewhere. Okay, hey, we gotta get out of here. We're gonna come back. We're going to do our Friday fab five Friday picks. In this last segment, Brian, thanks for being here. Appreciate you. Other than that goes sit over there because I don't talk to you anymore. The rest of the day were at Soul Sports at Casino del Sol Stick. Come on, come on back, you got you got some an NFL game to bet on tonight, you got a college game that's starting, and I think it's just starting right now. Uh. And there's some drink specials and those kinds of things. So come on back. We'll be here for another twenty five minutes. If you're an.
Speaker 2: Arizona men's basketball fan, you know it's been successful for nearly forty years. Now take a look back at the Ludelsen era in my new book, Lessons from Loot. It was a labor of love through the eyes of twenty five former players, coaches, and friends to give insight to the coach and the man who led them, competed against them, and inspired them. Twenty five chapters for his twenty five years as Arizona's loved coach. Lessons from lut is an insight to how he built the program into a national powerhouse. Want one Email me at Steve dot RIVERA ninety five at gmail dot com.
Speaker 12: Hi, this is formal Wildcat Lemanhunely with Arizona Health. Imagine how home GM can change your health, your comfort, and your time. Arizona Health is everything you need to transform your personal space and your life. We off a complete line of cardio machines, multi gyms and freeway equipment. I'll certify fitness experts and technicians will set you up with the right equipment and training to get you started to keep you going. Visit our shureroom today at twenty second in Wilmot, Arizona Health the lead to edge and exercise equipment.
Speaker 13: What's your goal a new career or career advancement? How about transferring to a four year college. PEMA Community College can help you make Someday today and reach your goals affordably on your schedule. With over one hundred programs to choose from and financial laid available, it's time to earn the degreer certificate you need to prepare for the career you want. PEMA offers free career exploration classes so you can choose the field that's right for you. Learn how at Pima dot Edu. Slash Someday.
Speaker 2: Hey Tuson, Steve rivera heir, and I've got a tip for you. Want to be in good hands while cruising the desert or kicking back at home, then you need to call my friends at the Edmund Markets.
Speaker 1: All State Agency.
Speaker 2: These guys are the MVPs of home and auto coverage. Whether it's a fender bender or a leaky roof, They've got you covered. Don't fumble your chance to say call them today and score big on your insurance with the Edmond Markets All State Agency, You're always in good hands. Visit them at twenty seven nineteen North Temple or call them at five two zero three two three nine three three three. Selling your home want to get more money for it? Will Danny Roth can help you? Tell me about is you Flip the Home you Own program. The program allows for a homeowner to fix up their home to sell without using any of their own money. They will be able to sell the home for a much higher price. Danny Roth with Omni Holmes International is the real estate consultant in Tucson that offers this program. He has consistently been the top agent in Tucson for the last thirty years and has sold over ten thousand, five hundred homes. For more information on his program or just buying our selling a home, called Danny Roth at five two zero four nine zero four thousand, Tucson.
Speaker 1: Listen up.
Speaker 14: El Tourty two Son is rolling in on November twenty third, and you won't want to miss it. Dnahair Conditioning is proud to be a sponsor of this fantastic event, supporting our cyclists and celebrating the vibrant spirit of our community. Huge thanks to our title sponsor, Banner University Medicine and our presenting sponsors Rio Nuevo and TMC Health for making this possible. So are you ready to ride, Grab your bikes and your buddies. Join DNHAC for an unforgettable day at the Altourty two soon. For more info, check out el toour Day two son dot org.
Speaker 13: El Tourdy two soon is on November twenty third. You can help support the kids at Banner Diamond's Children Medical Center in Tucson by joining the Banner Health Team, ride, run, or walk any of the routes to make a difference. Visit al toord Tucson dot org for more.
Speaker 4: This is I on the Ball with Steve Ravera on Fox Sports fourteen fifty. Subscribe now to the podcast on the iHeartRadio just search I on the Ball.
Speaker 1: Well toy on the Ball Here Fox we come to show.
Speaker 2: Let me we're gonna get inspired today because we're at the Del Sol Sports Book.
Speaker 1: Yep So Sports. It's an appropriate place to be doing our pick Steve, and uh and uh, you know, I mean it may maybe maybe we've out kicked the coverage on this because we're down and comes up, you know, with our picks. I know that they should be letting us into places this nice. But all right, so for entertainment purpose, for entertainment purposes only. Okay, So just to kind of fill you in on where we've been, because we haven't posted the picks in the last couple of weeks. What do you mean we Okay, me, I've been busy, Steve, I've been busy. Our season scores right now, and I won't go into how this works, but Steve leads me by two points. He's got thirty one points. I've got twenty nine. Steve has got in his picks his thirty thirty wins twenty five losses. I've got twenty nine wins and twenty six losses. Still above fuck hunter. Yeah. In our weekly our weekly bet, we're even. I've won four weeks, You've won four weeks, and we've tied three weeks. So the five dollars weekly bet is is a push right now. But Steve has me by two points on the season for dinner at of a decently nice place. Steve took me to one of the casino del soul restaurants to pay off a different bet that we had, and we had you know, we had a good time. Actually it was fun. Anyway. So here we go leading, So you go first, Steve.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, so I kind of did them. I do them all the time, just real quick here before the show. So I'm gonna go with Colorado State. I think they're playing did we see they're playing somebody?
Speaker 1: Oh, Wyoming? I think Wyoming. And and that's that's tomorrow night.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm taking Colorado State minus whatever that is andine and a half at home against Wyoming.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's a that's an out of nowhere pick. Yes, why is that?
Speaker 2: Uh, they've played well against some where they I think you're five and zero recent games against the spread.
Speaker 1: Okay. I'm really upset at myself because I got off the Texas bandwagon after they got blown out a couple of weeks ago, and then they went off and they lit up. Where did they lighted up? Last week? It was bad. I don't know, it was bloody, I mean it was it was a mess. And uh and so I'm gonna I'm gonna go with them this week, get back on that bandwagon. They did me well earlier in the year. They're giving thirteen and a half at Arkansas. Oh yeah, Arkansas's not Arkansas had a nice win against I can't remember who they played.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, well I think I didn't like about that game. I thought about it too. Is that Arkansas has been covering a lot of the games. Yeah, so I'm back on the Texas bandwagon. Giving the thirteen and a half at Arkansas. They're like a number what are they in the poll A Bowld playoff?
Speaker 1: I think they're like five or five or six or something like that. Yeah, because that's that. Well, it was a terrible loss. I mean they got blood loss.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, it was Jeff, he's not gonna listen to it, smart man man. All right, Okay, cool, So you got Texas, Texas, Mine is thirteen and a half. We just had Arkansas. Okay. I want to stay in the state of Colorado, state where it's cool and Crisp chrispare Colorado faces somebody in the Big twelve.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're protecting on Utah Utah, which is crazy. But we got to talk about about our friend Mark Carlett. We'll do that. Well, So what's his spread there? Uh, Colorado is giving up something, but not a lot. They're at home. I did because I looked hard at that game. God, where is it? Oh, it's a date, it's a it's a new it's a ten am game. So in Colorado. Okay, So but they're uh, they're giving eleven and a half to Utah, which I think is a lot.
Speaker 2: It is a lot of points. But I'm gonna stick with it. Colorado minus eleven and a half over Utah.
Speaker 1: Utah's just we'll talk about that. Yeah, we'll talk about that in a second. All Right, I'm mad at myself, but I'm gonna I'm gonna let this thing slide because I took b yu last week and I I probably haven't taken b YU in ten years. And they and they and they won but didn't cover. So did the worst of all things. Okay, they didn't cover, but they won the dang game where I'm that guy says, if you're gonna not, if you're not gonna cover for me, they lose the damn game, and they didn't. They came back and won. The thing was I turned off the TV because it was that Lake game before that last drive, because I thought the game was over, and then they had that situation with the holding call. You b Yu went down, you know, kick the fueldl and won. I get up and there's my phone had blown up with a bunch of text messages about that. I'm like, what the hell happened? And then I went back and I saw the score, and then I saw then I saw the video of Mark Harlan lighting up the refs and the conference as a whole, which was which was incredible. We'll talk about that all right. So anyways, I'm taking b YU. They're they're at home and they're only giving two and a half to Kansas, and so I just think, okay, all you gotta do is win the game. So I'm taking I'm taking b YU and that's going to be my lock, which again it's just way out and left field for me. I just don't I don't ever take them, and I really don't ever lock them. Kansas, no b Yu. I'm taking BYU over Kansas b YU. So minus two and a half.
Speaker 2: Okay, So now next I'm going to the pros where I feel better with it. Going with Minnesota to when there they they had been struggling a little. There's still one of the better teams, but they there's been struggling.
Speaker 1: They've got their giving six at the Titans. Okay like that. Yeah, man, I'm just I'm just a big weenie when it comes to giving points on the road. I don't like doing that much. You know again, I had I had the Chiefs last week. Yeah, you know, yeah, and they didn't cover by half a point. I they didn't come by half a point on a on a game that I teased last week. So you got the Vikings and there they got the Tits. All right, I'm staying on the college side. And you asked me last segment if I thought Arizona was gonna win. Wow, I'm taking the Cats for the first time all year minus one and a half because I just think they're gonna win the game and I want to be there for that. You can't have as much optimisty as because it's a it's a small they've been there. One of the worst teams in the country at covering. I think they're they're way down the list. They're one and seven against the spread this year. Sure, they're very good. Yeah, and so I'm I'm going with it. I'm I'm throwing it out there, putting on the red and blue. I'm gonna tailgate. I'm gonna go to the game and uh and they're gonna win.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'll be at a tailgate tomorrow. I think it's good weather. Do you know what the weather it's gonna be like?
Speaker 1: Uh, well, it's gonna be in the low seventies when we get there around five o'clock, but by game time it's supposed to be in the fifties. We're supposed to drop almost twenty degrees by by game time. So bundle up a little bit. Okay, my next game, the Buffalo game, is right, is the big pick? Oh yeah, we got to pick. We were both picking Chiefs and Bills. Okay, So I'm gonna go with San Francisco.
Speaker 2: In their game, I think they're gonna finally not stop kicking or stop kicking field goals and maybe sus touchdowns.
Speaker 1: They're giving six and a half to the Seahawks. Yes, Salmiches is gonna be one of the better teams there. Well, they always they got the guy. They got their guys back, right, So so you'd like to think that they will, but man, it's gonna take them a week to get out of me. That that that I mean they they won last week, but that was that was just ugly. That was just an ugly, ugly win by the by the forty nine ers last week, Seattle. I'll take this all right. Do you have a lock on one of those yet? That is your lock? Okay, Steve, Steve's gonna lock the Niners. All right. My sister will be unhappy with you. No, no, I'm not.
Speaker 2: You are, don't don't miss identify me, all right.
Speaker 1: I'm taking the Dolphins. They looked so good against the Rams on Monday night. I love this pic for you. Why because you always do this. They're taking the Raiders. They're playing the Raiders. They're giving seven to the Raiders. If it's not the Raiders, I don't. I'm not playing the Dolphins. They're at home against the Raiders in an early game. This is this is why I love you doing this with me. Did you see a team on a Sunday player?
Speaker 2: Really well, screw you and you say I never talked to them again, But it's the Raiders, Steve.
Speaker 1: I get well you. Hey, Pierce has not been the coach. Yeah, yeah, it's funny because he got off to a great start and he is. They're a mess, a mess, and it starts at the top. Yeah, they're they're just they're just a complete mess. And you can't come back and college coach college football. No he can't. He's definitely not coaching college football. So I got the Dolphins minus seven against Raiders. I wish that was six and a half, but I'll take this. I'll take the seven to look to look good. You know, it looked really good.
Speaker 2: I had the rams. I said that's a sinch. I thought it was a sinch too, and it was horrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, all right, our special this week is the Chiefs and the Bills. The Chiefs are giving too, are getting to at Buffalo.
Speaker 2: Well that's an interesting number, but I'm going with Buffalo at home. Buffalo typically has them on the regular season. Can the city turns around always be beat some of the playoffs?
Speaker 1: All right, well then I'm I'm going Chiefs, and I'm going Chiefs because I would kick myself somewhere if I possibly could, if I didn't take if I didn't take Pat Mahomes, Patrick Mahomes getting points, Patrick Mahomes getting points. It was again. It was one of those games where I thought, I said, Okay, I have to play this game. Which which will I Will I feel worse if I take the Bills and lose, or if I take the Chiefs, or you if I if I? How do I say this? If I didn't take the Chiefs and then and I took the Bills and lost, I'd feel horrible. I feel like I need to take the Chiefs, and I won't feel as bad if the Chiefs don't cover because I feel like I should take the Chiefs because they're so damn good. The year they've had some magic, right, we had some I mean that that game, you know, blocking a field goal to win the game last week, it was crazy.
Speaker 2: This week you may not even be that close. So we'll see. So that's our picks, right, those are the that was a pick. So let's recap him real quick. Steve's got Colorado State.
Speaker 1: Minus nine and a half, Colorado minus eleven and a half, the Vikings minus six, the Niners minus six and a half. You're taking the Bills minus two. I've got byus my lock minus two and a half. Texas minus thirteen and a half taking Arizona for the first time this year minus one and a half. I've got the Dolphins minus seven, and I'm taking the Chiefs and Patrick Mahomes plus two. So there you go. Okay, cool, all right, we'll see how bad or good we do this. Yeah, well, okay, we've got about We've got about two and a half minutes.
Speaker 2: Mark Harlin, I got a text from one of the guys we know, Shan Kenny survived this.
Speaker 1: I said, it's not so big of a deal. Yeah, it was just a public bad thing. Yeah, he lost his mind. He was very upset. There's a lot of people who look at it as standing up for his team in his program. Uh, he's a nice guy. Yeah, Okay, he's good at what he does, right, and he's good at what he's does. If he was a big, giant turd that didn't have public support, people didn't like him. They I could have seen, you know, this costs him his job. He's not that guy. You know, we we know him personally. He's a good guy. They love him at Utah. I'm certain the Utah fans are saying, we're glad you said it, because it had to be said of course, you know, he got fined forty thousand dollars for that. I hope it was worth it.
Speaker 2: You sometimes I think it is you got Sometimes you have to pay the price of sending a message even though it doesn't mean much.
Speaker 1: The only thing is he needed to stop at the refs, but he said no. When he said, I like, I love the Big Twelve, but I don't love being a part of the Big twelve right now, that was the line that you need not cross because athletic directors and coaches forever have ripped on refs knowing that they were going to get fined. When he took another step and laid out laid out the Big twelve conference, that's where I think, you know it got it got crossway I think about it. With this situation, he did what every other coach or ad has one wanted to do for right again. And there's a lot of people saying good for him, but there's a lot of people saying, dude, you you can't do that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but you know, hell, it's just the frustration of the season for you till.
Speaker 1: Right it's been a tough it's been a tough here for those guys, just like we've had here, right, I mean they were picked to win the league, right, and then and they're you know, and they're eleven and a half point underdogs to Colorado. Well, when you lose to Arizona, you know, it's exactly I mean exactly. All right. Hey, this was fun, Steve. Thank you again. Man. This is another month and we'll be back next month. We'll figure out a date for but we'll be here on a Thursday again here at Soul Sports at the at the Casino Del Saul tomorrow. By tomorrow, be here early for the Jake Paul Mike Tyson fight. Uh, you've got the NFL game tonight. Then you've as got UFC three oh nine on Saturday. So be sure to come out to Casino del Soul and have a great time. And I'll see you in the month. Thank you.