Speaker 1: This is Dan Caples and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dan Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. This is what legalized dope gets you. What we just got on the sixteen Street mall. But you know what, there's so much more of it happening that you never hear about, you never see because they hide it, because the powers that be have no interest whatsoever and letting you know the true magnitude and depth and horror of the crime and other horribles that are happening in this state because of legalized marijuana. But you've got the face of that evil, and I'm talking the evil of legalized marijuana.
Speaker 2: You've got the face of that.
Speaker 1: Right in front of you, right now with this twenty four year old Elijah Caudle cau d Ill. And we've got the face of it in front of us right now with this American Airlines flight attendant. So Linda Levno's just she's on a layover, so she decides to shop on the sixteenth Street mall and gets her throat slit like she's in the middle of a war zone, because guess what it is.
Speaker 2: It is And all.
Speaker 1: These people stuffing their pockets with money, it's blood money, because they know.
Speaker 2: What they call marijuana.
Speaker 1: Even the old marijuana, even the old marijuana of the hippies in the seventies, even that stuff caused a lot of harm. But this is like Krakawana, this high potency stuff that they put out there because they want to hook them young, like they did with this kid, right, They want to hook them young, They want to hook them forever. And then you get all these people, and you get plenty of people who do this dope and Okay, it may mess up their life and the lives of people around them.
Speaker 2: They don't go out and commit crimes.
Speaker 1: But the point is that all of these harms come in a lot of different levels and a lot of different shapes and sizes, from all these kids who lose their ambition and they kind of had their future robbed, to the people who die on the highways, to all these other forms a harm. But then you do get these psychotic breaks.
Speaker 2: I mean, look at that monster.
Speaker 1: Look at that monster who shot up the Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs. He was attracted here by the legalized dope. You know, I think he still isn't He still considered insane from whatever breaks he had. And then you get you get this guy arrested.
Speaker 2: Think about it.
Speaker 1: He's twenty four and he's arrested for dealing dope in twenty nineteen, twenty nineteen. And I'm not making any excuses for him listening, he should be in jail the rest of his life and beyond. But what I'm saying is is I bet if somebody does the deep dive and they look at his life before he got into dope, they're gonna see a different kid. And that doesn't mean, oh the devil made me do it, or blame the dope. He should get leniency, not at all. You cut the throat of a woman on the sixteenth Street, Mall you kill this other guy you stabbed four people trying to kill him, that then yeah, that you should be in jail the rest of your life and beyond. But we as a society, to protect ourselves, we need to demand more. We need to demand the truth because there's all sorts of crime out there happening that is fueled by drug use. It's fueled very often by marijuana. And you don't hear krakajana. You should call it with this potency, and you don't hear anything about it. Oh, they say, Oh, there's no causation. You can't prove causation. Oh, let's see. Okay, so we see this big surgeon crime statistics, steady surgeon crime stats since marijuana was legalized. Oh that's a big coincidence, right, yeah, big coincidence.
Speaker 2: So no, it is what you would expect it to be. It's what the.
Speaker 1: Old saying goes, Oh, that guy's acting like he's on drugs. That saying's been around since Fred Flintstone. Why do you think that's sayings around? Because drugs make people act differently, not each and every person. But is that the standard now in Colorado? That okay, Unless this legalized krakawana causes everybody to go out and slip people's throats or commit some other form of crime or get addicted, then that's fine. Let's make it legal. Now that's the big live we've been sold by the left. Right, so by the left, sold by the big money that came in here. Twice voters turned it down here and then it eventually get legalized because the left flooded the state with big money and the hick and Loopers of the world, and the polices and the other lefties, they just couldn't wait to legalize dope. Now hick and Loopers says he opposed it out of the corner of his mouth, you know, just typical two face garbage.
Speaker 2: But they love this stuff, right, because what does the left want?
Speaker 1: The left wants people dependent on government, and it also wants all the money from marijuana, right, But it wants people dependent on government. And Jerry Brown acknowledged it, the uber liberal governor at one time in California, that how many stoners can you have and still have a great state. But the point is the left wants people addicted. They want him dependent on government. The more drug users you have, the more people are going to be dependent on government. And this stuff infects all walks of life. Listen, I don't care what any individual adult does on their free time, but when it comes to like using marijuana, to me, in an individual adult using marijuana, that sort of stuff, that's not a moral issue to me, and who cares if it was, it isn't. The point is in order to facilitate that the way the left has chosen to do it in Colorado. You know what you're getting. You're getting this kid who just slashed a woman's throat on the mall and stabbed three other people and killed one of those others. That's the price the left is willing to pay for the obvious. Elton John no prude?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 2: Hey, Ryan, is Elton John a prude? No anybody ever called Elton John a prude? Right? Elton John says legalization of marijuana it may.
Speaker 1: Be the biggest mistake America's ever made, for all the obvious reasons.
Speaker 2: He got hooked on the stuff.
Speaker 1: So yeah, but we're getting exactly what anybody paying attention knew we would get, but we're getting a whole lot more of it, and it is not worth it.
Speaker 2: So this is the reality. Now, the reality may we may.
Speaker 1: Be stuck with this right because marijuana is all the big money they got. Most of the politicians, and you know, so many of the big money folks who fund campaigns just think it's not winnable to overturn it. But let's be honest about what the left has brought us in Colorado. Want a couple on the right but let's be honest about what they brought us and what it's doing to us, and the fact that the truth is being hidden from us, about how much more crime? How many other harms are tied to this? Eight five to five for zero five eight two five five the number. So Elijah Caudle, Yeah, arrested for dealing marijuana in twenty nineteen. One of the stories I saw had a social media profile picture of him was a marijuana leaf.
Speaker 2: And I hope.
Speaker 1: Somebody does a deep dive on his life, because you know it. You know so many of these kids in your life. It doesn't mean they go out and slash throats, but you know so many kids in your life and adults you know, who were a whole different type of kid before they got into this Krakawana that Polis and Hickenlooper and the whole rest of the left loves right, a whole different type of kid. You know, we thank God, literally, we thank God often our kids have been spared that. But we know so many good kids, hard working kids. You know, great parents, great families who one way or the other, they got into it, and so many of them. Once you get into it, you can't get out. And it just changes who they are. And it's not limited to kids. But obviously this guy started young and has an arrest record, a long arrest record.
Speaker 2: But that's what this brings. And it's not a one off.
Speaker 1: We know of some of the high profile ones, right like that monster in the Springs who shot up the planned Parenthood clinic, But there are so many other crimes, so many other crimes where this is involved. Let's start with Eric in Castle Rock. You're on the dan kaplis so obviously a whole lot to talk about here. At what point will Colorado vote to overturn this madness? At what point does that happen? Is it impossible to get to that point? I don't think it's impossible to get to that point? Will you go down to the sixteenth Street mall?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: I call my wife on the way over to the show. We have just been down there a short time ago for the Nutcracker. We parked over here, we got a burger somewhere we're walking down. We walked by that very spot where that woman had her throat slit. You think I'm going to bring my family back down there anytime soon? But I shouldn't have brought him back down there then, because I know, think about what's happened to that mall since legalization of marijuana. Think about what's happened to it, and they can pour billions into putting nicer light fixture ups.
Speaker 2: Whatever.
Speaker 1: You're not going to get people down there. You're not going to get people down there until you get rid of this garbage. Eric, You're on the Dan Kaplas Show. Welcome, Hey, Eric. Eric probably does not believe I'm done talking, but I am so Oh I think our line was potted down.
Speaker 2: Technical issue. Let's try him again. Welcome to the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dan, do you have me? Yes?
Speaker 2: Yes, thank you?
Speaker 5: Oh good, good good.
Speaker 4: Couldn't agree with you more.
Speaker 6: Number two is a follow.
Speaker 3: Up to that question.
Speaker 5: To sit there and listen.
Speaker 7: To these liberal lefty nut jobs trying to sell the public on how they're going to make it safer when they now give you a three day waiting period for all these people that are victims to go buy a gun to defend themselves before the next crime happens. Number two, you're going to get penalized on April first, when Proposition kate K goes into effect to charge you another six and a half percent on top of your regular tax rate to purchase a weapon in the first place. So they really don't care about the people of Colorado. We know that because they made it more difficult for you to go out and buy a gun to protect yourself.
Speaker 1: With Eric good good call on that. You're welcome to talk to the other side as well. I need to hit this hard break.
Speaker 6: Listen.
Speaker 1: We know we have so many different examples. I'm not talking about your common Democrat, but the left that owns the party. They don't care about human life that they just don't value it the same way. There's an acceptable casualty rate in their mind. They're not going to lose any sleep over this flight attendant, by the way, or the other gentleman who was killed last night, or the other two who are stabbed, or all the other people who are.
Speaker 2: Dead because of legalized dope.
Speaker 1: That you really think they lose a minute's sleep, Well, Mike Johnston will pretend that he does. He's going to do a press conference at five. We'll duck into that. You're on the Dan Kapla.
Speaker 8: Show and now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 9: Expect the cues of carrying out multiple stabbings over the weekend, appeared in court today. Has happened on the sixteenth Street Mall. In total, two people died from their injuries. Officials believe the suspect carried out a total of four stabbings between Saturday and Sunday. The Association of Professional Flight Yeah.
Speaker 2: And they go on to describe Selinda Levno, who had her throat slash. She's on a layover.
Speaker 1: American analysts flight attendant on a layover, going shopping on the mall, has her throat slash like she's in the middle of a third world country with with you know, no type of safety. I mean, it is completely unacceptable for Colorado. But you know what, the left is fine with it. I'm not talking about a great men and women in law enforcement. They would have died to Saber. I'm talking about the left and including politicians at every level. And unfortunately, you know, the lawless Mike Johnston is obviously obviously you know, politicize the chief of police as well. So that's what we've got now, right where all of a sudden you can get a group that just decides they're taking over a area. They're taking it over, They're taking that land from the kids. They're disrupting university operations. They get to stay as long as they want to, right, because Johnston has politicized the police department. Okay, America elects Donald Trump, they want to come in and force federal immigration law. Lawless, Mike Johnston says he's going to use the Denver police to go fight him and stop them, stop them at the county line. I mean, that's the mentality, right, So it's no surprise at public safety. That doesn't matter. Public safety doesn't matter. It's all about politicizing these things. So you tell me this. He's having a press conference, right, Lawless is having a press conference at five nine, So we're going to duck into that, and I want to hear somebody ask him. I want to hear somebody ask him. He doesn't have the courage to come on this show. I want to hear somebody there ask him. Okay, what warnings were issued to the public after clearly, you know the serial stabbings started on Saturday, So what warnings were then issued to the public. I'll really be curious to see. I know there was some mild type news reporting, but at that point, you know you have a serial killer on the loose on the mall, and obviously following an mo slashed a woman's throats, stabbed two others within one hour on the mall, same vicinity. Was there any type of large scale public warning about that.
Speaker 2: I'll be very.
Speaker 1: Interested to see if there was. I didn't see it, and this goes back to two thousand and nine. I covered this story heavily, and then we'll get back to our phone lines. Two thousand and nine, when there were these serial, very severe beatings going on in Loto. It was a gang initiative and they were picking out white people to beat them, and they were beating people within an inch of their death. Eventually did kill someone, and that happened out further south. But you've got these serial beatings going on. Denver police are doing a magnificent job, a magnificent job of figuring out who was behind this, etc. The hicken Looper administration sat on it, same thing downtown Denver, Lodo. They hid it from the public because it would have been embarrassing to the hicken Looper administration, hurt his political prospects, and would have been bad for business downtown.
Speaker 2: These sobs hid it from the public.
Speaker 1: They were willing to let fathers wander at the victims, if I remember correctly, were always male willing to let fathers wander down there with their families, willing to let all these innocent victims wander down to Lodo ballgames whatever, totally unaware that there was this gang initiation going on where they were beating white people senseless. Hick and Looper administration hit it. So I want to know where were the mass warnings after there was clearly a serial killer loose on the Denver mall. That better be the first question in the press conference today. Let's start with James and Denver. You're on the Dan Kapla show.
Speaker 6: Welcome, Yeah, good afternoon, Dan So. I had done a movie documentary with Stephen Tubbs during the riots downtown during COVID with all the you know, the drugs and the violence, and it was called Denver and Decay.
Speaker 2: And that's we done.
Speaker 6: Yeah. And I'm a recovering addict who has sixteen years clean and sober. I haven't touched anything, but I came from the world when Denver used to if you did something, you broke the law, they threw you in prison. And they had I had programs long term programs that would help you get your life together. That has all stopped. They don't do any of that anymore. They just coddle you. They tell you that your mistakes are because you grew up in a bad environment. Whatever. I don't go for any of that. My best friends now, or law enforcement. I have a lot of clean and sober people that are out there, and there are a lot of them that wouldn't put up with this at all. And this is this is just horrifying. And I cannot believe that the police, they've been kind of hamstrung. They what they did during COVID with the George Floyd thing. As soon as that happened, they made them start wearing these cameras and getting insurance and they can't hurt anybody or tell telling you they cannot go out there and be police.
Speaker 1: Well, James, appreciate, Oh sorry, James, I thought you're done.
Speaker 2: Appreciate that. Appreciate your documentary very much. Listen.
Speaker 1: I have no problem with body cams. I think bodycams are great for law enforcement because so often they prove that lies about law enforcement behavior are lies. So I have no problem with bodycam and I think most police don't either. The problem I have is the left undermines our law enforcement.
Speaker 2: My dad was a.
Speaker 1: Cop for thirty years in Chicago. He went out on the street. He knew that the mayor daily and the administration would have his back. And my dad was the very best of officers now here. If you're a Denver police officer, you have to be scared to death that you will be made a sacrificial lamb, a human sacrifice, and just sacrifice to the left if it's better for the political powers that be. So of course it's harder for officers to lean forward in their enforcement. But I want to know. I want to know what warnings were given to the public after on Saturday afternoon, Mayor Johnston knew there was a serial killer loose on the mall who had just slashed the throat of a flight attendant and killed her and stabbed two other people. And that's before the fourth victim was murdered on the mall by the same guy last night a day later. So what warnings were given to the public, what type of police presence? And don't blame individual officers, these are political decisions, resource decisions. Was the all absolutely flooded with officers?
Speaker 2: Maybe it was. Where was the big public warning?
Speaker 1: Then these are all questions that need to be answered now, particularly since we've seen how democrats in power have behaved in Denver before when faced with a similar thing, and they chose to cover it up because it would make them look bad. Right, So you didn't get the warning to the public in two thousand and nine and the violent assaults just continued. Yeah, eight five five or zero five eight two five five the number. We will have the pleasure of talking to former Chief Jim, former chief of DPD. We'll talk to him in the next segment if he's available. We have a pre schedule guest who's absolutely wonderful, going to do a drop with Tom Ruin, former Broncos punter, Super Bowl punter and All American at CEU who played for coach McCartney. Bill McCartney one of the greatest Coloraden's most impactful, Coloraden's greatest in every way to ever live, who passed away over the weekend, and Thom has some great stories about playing for Coach Mac.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 8: You're listening to The Dan Kaplas Show Podcast.
Speaker 2: Four thirty six.
Speaker 1: The only thing that could get us to take a break from talking about this horrific serial stabber in Denver. Appears to be a stoner peers to have a long marijuana history. We'll get into that detail, but I want to hear at that press conference at five, where were the mass warnings to the people of the state, stay away from the mall. We've got a serial killer. They knew that Saturday afternoon. Yet another was killed on Sunday. And far more to talk about there, But listen. Bill McCartney was one of the probably top five Coloradins who ever lived. And football was the least of Bill McCartney. But he was a football giant, not just in winning, but the way he went about it. Such a great man, such a great Christian man. And we have just a great opportunity to talk to somebody who knew him very well. And Tom Ruin a Colorado kid heritage high school and then went on to become a national champion All American punter at CU and then a world champion Super Bowl punter for the Denver Broncos, and of course, above all the pinnacle of his probably his career being a good friend of mine.
Speaker 3: Tom.
Speaker 1: Welcome to the Dan Kapali show. It has certainly been a pinnacle of my life. My friend, you are one of the finest I've ever encountered.
Speaker 3: Mine as well mine as well.
Speaker 2: How you doing, cap, Oh, you know, doing great, But just sad to see this news.
Speaker 1: So many memories come back. But I can't even imagine what it's like for you because you went with through the wars with Coach Mack.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know, it's it's tough, you know, when you lose a guy like Coach Mack. And you know, he just was was so good at putting you at ease. And I remember the first day I met him, you know, I got sent through his door and I closed the door behind me, and he sat there and he's just staring at me, and you know, and he's just got that stern look, and his nose is going four different directions and he and he doesn't say a word. He just stares at me.
Speaker 2: Huh.
Speaker 4: And I'm saying, I'm thinking to myself, is my hair too long? I a little fat? You know, which both were a little true.
Speaker 5: At the time.
Speaker 4: And and then he slams his hands on the desk. He said, man, I didn't realize they were sending me such a big, good looking athlete, and it was just, you know, just immediately made me breathe.
Speaker 3: And I was like, oh, no, I can enjoy this.
Speaker 4: And we had a great meeting and and he was excited and he you know, the only thing he promised me is that he wouldn't recruit anybody because I had to sit out a year when I came in because Keith English was playing that year. So it worked out perfect. And he just he promised me, he said, I won't recruit anyone. You're my guy, and he's stuck to that and everything worked out great, and you know, so he just I don't know, he just had a really a great way of coming up with you know, tremendous one liners.
Speaker 3: That would would let you relax.
Speaker 4: And and he was so much about family and he wanted guys to become great guys and you know men, and he wanted him to be great you know, husbands and fathers, and that was what he wanted to see more than guys being just great football players.
Speaker 3: And I think he really.
Speaker 4: Accomplished that, you know, because we always had such a family atmosphere and really, so many really great guys have come out of that program.
Speaker 1: Oh they sure have and great football players as well. So what made him such a winner from the football side, because as you know, I mean he came into a program which was not a winning program, and then you know what, three straight and I think you guys had three straight Big Eight championships in the Big Eight was about as tough as it got. And then obviously the National championship.
Speaker 5: You know, I think one of the things was he was.
Speaker 4: A great recruiter, and he was he looked for kids that were tough, and so he took guys that we were really really tough, and then he polished their skills and and just really got them all to play together and play as a team. Because you know, the one thing about us, you know, I would see some of these games, you know in the last five years, or you know, when things have been going pretty rough for SeeU or you know at halftime it's fifty five to zero, and it's like, if anybody did that to us.
Speaker 5: Back then, you know, whoever's on that next kickoff team.
Speaker 4: Someone you know, there's gonna be a lot of guys sleeping at you know, at contact. I mean, we had just tough guys and mean guys and they would not tolerate you doing that to us. And and so I think a lot of it is you start with that, and then you know you have to develop them into great athletes. And you know, he would let guys kind of move and and you know, you think of like a Arry Helton comes in as a drop back quarterback and ends up being one of the best punters.
Speaker 3: You know, all of you.
Speaker 4: Know ever in college football, right you know, Keith Anglish tight end becomes a punter. Vance Johnson or Vance Joseph comes in as a quarterback, ends up being a defensive back and.
Speaker 3: Makes it in the NFL.
Speaker 5: I mean it's you.
Speaker 4: Know, Ronnie Woolfer quarterback turns into a defensive linement. I mean it just guys, he gave guys the room to, hey, if if.
Speaker 5: This isn't working out, let's try something else.
Speaker 4: Because you're a great athlete and you understand the game, and let's try.
Speaker 5: To find a better.
Speaker 4: Spot for you, you know.
Speaker 5: Because we need all of you.
Speaker 4: And his recruiting really was second to none. I mean when he was able to get Alfred Williams, Davis McGee to come along with Art Walker, you know, the h Boys, I mean that was huge because those guys were as good as there is coming out of high school.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, and well we know best from all the years working here and just a great human to begin with.
Speaker 2: But Tom Ruin our special guest.
Speaker 1: He was all American Ats to see you and then a Super Bowl champion with the Broncos and new McCartney. Well McCartney recruited him and Tom played for Coach macause we're talking about Tom. Talk with folks a little bit about the inspirational coach Mac, what what made him that way and so effective? People would run through walls for him, and then you would see the things folks would accomplish. Any any favorite Coach Mac inspirational stories.
Speaker 4: You know, I think that the main thing that that guys really got out of Mac, and the reason that that they they played so hard for him was because you know, he told he told you the truth, and he cared about you. And you know you used to always say, if you want to know where you stand, you can come in my door anytime, but you may not like what I'm going to tell you, so you know, so be careful if you know, if you're not totally sure, because you might walk through that door and he might say well, you know, you're not giving me all the efforts. You're fifteen pounds overweight, You're not getting it done in the classroom, you know what I mean. It could be a rough conversation, but he was always true to his word. And and that is so hard to find in college sports, and coaches will say and do anything just to get you there. And you know, and then they, you know, they'll why to you right up to the you know, the day you're going out the door. I mean, I played for coaches. You know that I was there an entire year and guy never knew my name.
Speaker 3: You know, how's that even possible? Yeah?
Speaker 4: And and but that's the kind of thing that goes.
Speaker 3: On in college fo.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow. I you know, he's one of those people. Anybody who got a chance to know him, I think is very fortunate. And you were great for him, and he was great for you. And what an amazing experience you had there. I wish that I had had the chance to know him that way. My only Bill McCartney contact other than here and there. And you know, just hey, how you doing sort of stuff? Was with you in the elevator. I don't know if you remember this, maybe I'm imagining it the elevator of whatever Miami hotel. It was right after you guys won the Super Bowl that pardon me, the National Championship game against Notre Dame bel Harbor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Belle Harbor, that's right.
Speaker 1: And coach Mac, I thought, I think he got on the elevator with us, and he had instructed you to kick to rocket Ishmail punt to rocket Ishmeil toward the end of the game, even though you were clearly asking him after you know, there's been a procedure penalty, how you want me to kick it out of bounds? And Mac, what do you think that was? Do you think that was just his competitiveness wanted you to kick anyway? He gets on the elevator and we all know Tom hit one of the most beautiful ponts ever, but Rocket Bean Rocket ran it back. But fortunately there was a clip and the day was saved and everything else. And Mac got on the elevator he said, he said, boy, Tom, if hadn't been for that flag, we'd both be walking back to Colorado.
Speaker 2: Do you remember that or had I just drank too much that night? Did that really happen?
Speaker 3: You know, I don't remember it.
Speaker 5: Exactly.
Speaker 2: Maybe it never happened, but.
Speaker 3: You know, I think it probably did. I think I think he did say something to the point where, you know, had that those flags not come down, we would have been walking.
Speaker 2: But I remember that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it just it was just you know, against.
Speaker 4: Rocket, we we had only given up a couple of yards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you were booming it.
Speaker 4: In the two years we played against him, and so yeah, it just it was one of those things where, you know, in the first guy that got blocked in the back was Tim James, who was you know, unbelievable uh fotball player and was drafted high and you.
Speaker 3: Know, so yeah, there was.
Speaker 4: Actually another yeah, and there was actually more than that clip on that play.
Speaker 3: But it all it all.
Speaker 1: Worked out and you boomed it and had a great game. And well, hey, thanks for sharing all that. What a great human, Bill McCartney, and appreciate your time today and say hey to Amy for us and we'll talk to you soon.
Speaker 3: Sounds good, Thanks so much, good talking to d.
Speaker 2: Thank you, my friend. Take care of that.
Speaker 1: Is that Tom Rowin one of the great people you'll ever meet, married to one of the great people you'll ever meet, Amy Vandyke and height five five five eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine. We'll come back to the horror the serial killer on the mall will drop into Lawless Mike Johnston's presser at five. Where were the big warnings to the public? And and isn't this what you get with legalized marijuana? You're on the Dan Kapla.
Speaker 8: Show and now back to the Dan Kapla Show podcast.
Speaker 2: That's what we're talking about.
Speaker 1: And he's not the only one, right, this is what you get with legalized marijuana. Now, hey, I'm inferring that, right, I'm inferring that from these public reports of a marijuana arrest at age nineteen for dealing a marijuana arrest, that suggests to me he was likely a heavy user.
Speaker 2: We see a published.
Speaker 1: Report right now that his profile pick on social media was a big marijuana leaf glorifying marijuana. We have the act itself, right, The act itself is so consistent with the type of psychotic break. I'm not trying to make excuses for me. You should be in jail for life and more. The type of psychotic break we see with heavy marijuana use. We have and we've seen it before here, right, that monster who shot up the Planned Parenthood clinic down in Colorado Springs came here according to Denver Post reporting for the Legal Dope and so, and you probably know from your own life all sorts of examples doesn't mean everybody who uses this stuff and this high potency stuff goes out and kills people.
Speaker 2: But the point is some do.
Speaker 1: And the point is this brings all sorts of harm to a community, which is why until Colorado made this mistake, with lots of out of state left money coming in to buy the vote. Until Colorado made this mistake, you know, there wasn't I don't think at that point there was a single place in the world, the entire world, that had the kind of legalized marijuana program that Colorado then put in.
Speaker 2: For good reason, it's suicidal. It's suicidal to society.
Speaker 1: But I want to hear this press conference coming up with Lawless Mike. I want to hear from them what type of And I don't doubt there was some type of public statement made, But you and I both know it. If the city wants to issue a true warning and let people know, hey, there is a serial killer loose on the mall, they have a way to do that. That's going to get everybody's attention. But Ran, did you see that? I mean, I was working hard on Saturday. We went up to a little place in the mountains. I was buried in some work, but I was checking news. I didn't see anything like serial killer loose on the mall.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then after you get a woman as her throat slashed United Airlines or an American flight attendant just as a layover goes down there to shop gets her throat slashed. You have multiple other people stabbed on the mall within an hour, and at that point you don't think you've got a serial killer loose, and then he kills again last night. So want to know what kind of warning was issued or was this like two thousand and nine, when the Democrat administration of hicken Looper, it knew, it knew that it is the serial very vicious beatings going on, It knew it was a gang initiative. Police had done tremendous work to undercover that and did tremendous work to bust up the ring eventually, but the political powers that be that Democrat Hickenlooper administration, they hit it from the public would have.
Speaker 2: Been bad for Hick.
Speaker 1: Not a good look for Hick nationally, right, and not good for downtown business. So yeah, Hickenlooper administration just hit it from the public. Was this another one of those? So they've got.
Speaker 2: Some explain I need to do.
Speaker 1: But then the bigger issue, Hey, are you going to go down to the mall? What do you think it's ever going to take to make that mall usable again in downtown Denver? Because I got to tell you, no matter how many millions they spend new lighting fixtures, new plants, or whatever, people aren't going down there until you clean up clean up the human mess. And I'm not saying any particular human is a mess. Everybody's created by God. But you got a bunch of people who are acting like a mess and scaring people off that mall. And yeah, I was saying earlier, I had the wife and kids. We were down on that very spot not long ago, going down to see the Nutcracker, and that night I was thinking, should we really be down here in a you know, but not again, not again that mall. That mall has been unlivable since they legalize marijuana. And there's no surprise there because it's going to be a magnet. It became a magnet for homeless, but it can be magnet for young homeless. And it became a magnet for crime, attracting criminals like the planned Parenthood shooter down there, and then causing criminal act Is that all expression? All that guys acting like he's on drugs? It's it's there for a reason that's as old as Fred Flintstone. Because when people act on drugs are on drugs, a lot of them do crazy things, not all of them, but not all of them have to do crazy things for it to be crazy for a society to allow that eight five five zero five eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine What do you want to hear asked in this press or that we're going to duck into on the other side? First question I want to hear asked is hey, mister mahyor but what kind of warnings we're given to the public about a serial killer.
Speaker 2: Being loose on the mall?
Speaker 1: What kind of warnings for given? And then what what did you instruct police to do? We know the great men and women of DPD, they would die to protect you on the mall, But these decisions are made at a political level because lawless Mike Johnston.
Speaker 2: Has politicized the top of the department.
Speaker 1: So so what was done in terms of public warnings, what was done in terms of law enforcement? What's going to be done going forward? Because you will there there is no hope for that mall. There is no hope for that mall until legal marijuana's overturned and or they flood them all with law enforcement to make sure all.
Speaker 2: The laws are enforced.
Speaker 1: And Ryan, we're seeing these published reports right now that this accused killer it was out on one hundred dollars bond for a sex offense, like a sex offense this year, and this was on the tail end of reportedly a long criminal history, which comes back to I've got to tell you, my brother, why isn't there more reporting on this? And I know you can find stories like on every outlet, but why isn't this just the front page screaming twenty four to seven story in Colorado? Well, guess what doesn't make the Denver DA's office lookro good, doesn't make any Democrats in power in Colorado look real good. So of course it's not going to get all the coverage that it should. That's just the way it is here eight five five four zero five eight two five five text DA five seven seven three nine. On the other side, we'll duck into that press conference. See how the Mirror explains it.