Speaker 1: You know, every once in a while, something comes along that completely changes the world around us, something that cuts through our purpose, redefines expectations, and makes people stop and pay attention. Power Slap is exactly that. This isn't just another competition, This isn't just another sport. Power Slap feels like watching the future arrive in real time. It's pure intensity, distilled down to its most concentrated form, moments where anticipation builds, the energy becomes electric, and the entire atmosphere feels absolutely changed. There's something almost unbelievable about it. The drama, the pressure, the commitment. Every single exchange feels massive, Every moment carries weight. You're watching competitors stand in front of each other with complete confidence and complete focus, delivering a level of intensity that almost feels larger than life. And what makes it so compelling is how direct it is. No wasted motion, no filler, raw tension, immediate action, and the kind of spectacle that makes you instinctively lean closer to the screen. People always talk about the next evolution in sports. They talk about the next big thing, the next cultural movement, the next phenomenon that captures attention and creates unforgettable moments. Watching Power Slap, you get the feeling you're seeing something that redefines our entire lives. So if you want something intense, something memorable, something that feels bold and impossible to ignore, check out Power Slap and see what everyone is talking about. This is energy, this is spectacle, this is the future of sports. This is power slapak and always want a fast through beast culture chaos and you safely.
Speaker 2: Like a lost stream.
Speaker 1: All right, sorry, what did you say?
Speaker 2: It's one MTV days.
Speaker 1: Probably, thank you. Welcome back to the podcast. I am here with uh well, my name is Tim and I am one of the co hosts for the podcast, and I'm here with my other co hosts. His name, he's my future power Slap competitor. His name is Ryan McDonald. And we have a very special guest, another future power Slap competitor, specifically against me. He's back, so you know the movie is good if he is back. It is mister Andrew Kelly. You know, you know, I think after after the four part series of Mark, we all need it was just very We just need a palette cleanser. We need to rinse our mouths clean of what we were discussing, and it's a great pivot to just I love when we do the Gay Cinema Series and oh, Cecy just threw something upstairs. I love when we do the Gay Cinema Series and then immediately follow it with like the straightest movie of all time, and we've done it again. We've done it again. So I'm really excited to have Oh and a great like up top banterp top conversation. Andy was just telling us off pod. You were telling us the story, and I'm very curious to find out the ending where you accidentally ended up making out with your cousin.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, sure, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Go ahead, start start from the beginning.
Speaker 3: It was late October, it was raining, just trying to get somewhere, didn't have an umbrella.
Speaker 1: You're right, our uncles we.
Speaker 3: Got under an aunting and just just let it rip.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I remember, like there's one time in high school where sometimes like if you, if you, if you make a thousand jokes, you're like one of them's gonna end up making the person laugh. Even the best kind of laugh I get from Shannon is when I know she doesn't want to laugh but does anyway. And before Shannon, there was Andy for that dynamic. But I remember in high school I was singing boyfriend by aral Levine and I said, hey, hey, Andy, I want to be your boyfriend, and then you just said no way, no way. And then I said he think that he? I said, well, what is it he thinks he's not of? Then I probably said a slur? Then why did he kiss me in my uncle's cabin? And then you just said, like what, how do you even think of that? It was wrong with you? Yeah, but anyway, I don't think that.
Speaker 3: Now when you're talking to AI and you said, like your whatever questions or stories you're asking, I I'm just like, what what's Cuff doing right now?
Speaker 2: Like?
Speaker 3: How did this come about? How does how do those synapses fire off of that brain?
Speaker 1: I don't.
Speaker 2: Radio active that.
Speaker 1: Ryan is. Ryan is building, like like it's escalating over the years where Ryan now just wants no part of my text conversations where he will reference like this will be in discovery and if I say, he just wants to absolve himself and not be implicated, so I want, I'll text him something insane and he will respond, do not do that. Stay in your house, do not talk to me about this.
Speaker 2: Yeah, attention attention of w was in council. I am officially rejecting this hypothesis.
Speaker 1: Oh man, sorry, what did you say? Andy's smart?
Speaker 3: He just has to get away from any cloud of judgment.
Speaker 2: That he's probably too right now. But it's like, you know what I might as well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, we had any like everybody is having an AI training at work, but the AI training at work mentioned anything you type into AI at work could be discoverable, and obviously it's way more common for a company to get sued than like an individual. But I thought, oh no, if somebody personally where like that's why you never give the police your phone for any reason, Like you would just never do if if if somebody, if somebody murdered Ashley and you had an air tight alibi and they were like you you only wanted to help the police find the killer, and they said, can we have your phone? You should not give it to them, like your instinct would be to give it to them, But there's no, there's no reason, there's absolutely no reason to do that, Like every lawyer would advise you otherwise, and with me, I would be in jail like by sunset if.
Speaker 2: So, well in two days of history here, and we've got a case to put them away for life.
Speaker 1: Not maybe not for the murder of his wife, but for many other crimes the outside.
Speaker 3: It's reasonable out here for sure.
Speaker 1: So I have an ongoing joke with myself really that like Ryan is very into young girls, which is based in not based in reality whatsoever. And I sent a textas today because I was I was on like my town social media or no, it was just my town's website, and it was we have a town pool and there was just a picture of lifeguards and I sent it to the group chat and I go, hey, Ryan, you're asking me for a picture of all the teen lifeguards in my town. So here you go. And then Ryan said this is now in your phone, like you screenshoted this and it's in your photos.
Speaker 2: That utility action in your phone is you? You are the one take that phone?
Speaker 1: You cuff you said an amazing clip where Ryan took clips from the Johnny Depp trial but made the audio seem like they were talking about me and they were listening to like voice mails I've met sent Ryan because Ryan's good at video editing. That was very funny. We should send those Dandy please do. But anyways, we're here today to talk about no, no, no, no no, the greatest wrestler of all time, Stone Cold Steve Austin.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Actually, pro wrestling will come into play in this movie. I don't know if Ryan knows what I'm referencing. There is a pro wrestler in this movie. But oh yeah, Ryan, and it's I can't wait to talk about that part. But no, we're not talking about Stone Cold Steve Boston, although you may think we are based on the title of this episode. We were talking about the nineteen ninety one film entitled Stone Cold. And it is entirely free on YouTube. You do not need to pay for anything, so you can go watch it right now for free. It's unedited. It's very available on YouTube. No Coparet claims no one.
Speaker 3: Cares it will give you money to watch it.
Speaker 1: Yes, and it is. It is starring Brian Bosworth. Now, Ryan, before knowing about this movie or watching this movie, how familiar with you were you at all with Brian Bosworth.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty minimal. I just remember, well, it's like I think the USA Network used to play this movie and they would just talk about like like when they would do commercials for this movie. They would say his name like you should know him, like still all Or Swarth and like Brian Bosworth in Stone Colt, and I was like, what, Like.
Speaker 1: Was he in the Longest Yard remake with Adam Sandler?
Speaker 2: Was he?
Speaker 1: I thought he was.
Speaker 2: I did not look him up because the rest of the cast was just thrilling.
Speaker 1: Oh, the rest of this cast is unbelievable. But I need to look this up. I need to factor I forgot wait till it again.
Speaker 2: He is in the Longest Yard. He's one of the guards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the football team of the guards is mostly pro wrestlers. It's like Stone Cold, Steve Boston, Kevin Nash. Brian Bosworth was never a pro wrestler. But Brian Bosworth is one of the guards. But that makes sense because he was an actual football player. Andy Tupark question, how familiar with you? How familiar were you with Brian Bosworth? And part two? Had you seen Brian and the Boss the documentary? No?
Speaker 3: I hadn't seen it. I'll start with that one and then reasonably familiar with him. I think I think of him as like Lattimore in the program in my head, which is unfair to anyway but he's kind of like.
Speaker 1: He never raped someone, so I would say it's unfair.
Speaker 3: It's unfair. Yeah, But I just think of him as like a steroided college football player who was really good and got to the pros and kind of was I don't think he was bad, right, Like I think he was middle of the road, but he's like more of a college player.
Speaker 1: So I want to I want to talk about Brian Bosworth because it's it's important context because if you're younger, you don't know who he is, you might think that he's this is crazy, but Brian Bosworth was like one of the most famous people in the nineteen eighties. And that's what Andy said is basically like he was big in college, he got pop for steroids, and people think he was a boss in the NFL. But I think there's a little bit more to that. And there's a documentary thirty for thirty. We all know thirty for thirty. They did a Bosworth documentary called Brian and the Boss that he participated in. But I'm just gonna I have just like a bio on him that I think is of relevant stuff that I asked AI. So I just want to share this. Brian Bosworth was one of the biggest sports celebrities in the nineteen eighties, not just because he was a great linebacker and football player, but he turned himself into a character. The Boss was loud, theatrical, rebellious, controversial, and extremely marketable, years before college athletes started branding themselves on social media. How good was Bosworth in college? Purely as a college football player, he was extremely elite. He helped He played linebacker at the University of Oklahoma, they won the national championship. He is the only player to win the Buttkiss Award. I believe the Buckists Award. I don't know if it's best defensive player or best linebacker in college football. He's the only player to win it twice. He finished fourth in the Heisman Trophy voting, which is insane for a defensive player. He led Oklahoma and tackles all three seasons he played there. He was especially known for showing up in huge games. A lot of older football fans still considered him the greatest, one of the greatest college linebackers ever. But the reason he was so mainstream famous is he had wild hair styles with shaved patterns. He had neon clothing and sunglasses, He trash talked, and he was on magazine covers, He had TV appearances, and he was basically like a wrestling heel kind of persona. This was the Reagan era in nineteen eighties, when college football was relatively conservative. Bosworth acted more like a rock star. He intentionally created this persona of the Boss as arrogant, loud, and rebellious because it knew it got a lot of attention and it made people hate him. You know, in college he's considered one of the best defensive players ever, but not the best. He had a lot of controversies, suspended for steroids. While suspended for steroids, he stood on the sideline wearing a shirt that read ncublea National Communists Against Athletes. His autobiography exposed Oklahoma football culture, including drug use, weapons, and chaos. A lot of people at the time said it was not real and he was exaggerating it for money, but the NCUBA investigations later confirmed he was telling the truth. Ironically, decades later, many people felt Bosworth's criticism of the NCUBA not paying athletes was way ahead of its time. How did his NFL career go Because he has a reputation of being a bust. What went wrong? He had a lot of injuries. His shoulders were really torn up from college football and years of heavy hitting, so his shoulders kind of crapped out on him. He effectively ended his career at age twenty four due to his shoulders. But was he actually bad? No, not really. He was never a superstar, but he wasn't a bust by any means. He was above average NFL linebacker while he played. But I think the pretty much the most famous moment Bosworth ever had is there is a bo Jackson play and did you know what I'm talking about?
Speaker 3: Does he get just like crossed up or no, he gets run over?
Speaker 1: He gets run over. Before a game against the Los Angeles Raiders, Bosworth talked publicly about containing bo Jackson. Then on Monday Night football, Jackson ran over Bosworth at the goal line for a touchdown. The image became legendary and followed Bosworth forever. However, in reality, many fans later admitted almost no one would have stopped bo Jackson on that play, but basically Bo Jackson, and because Boss talked a lot of shit about who's going to stop bo Jackson, bo Jackson had this goal line run and he ran directly into bos So it was like literally the moment everybody had been waiting for, and he fucking ran through him like he was a little girl. So it was very embarrassing, and that kind of followed Bosworth be a bus But he was incredibly savvy. One of the things they talked about is in the documentary Brian and the Boss is that he owned a T shirt company and the T shirt company would sell anti Bosworth T shirts outside of the stadium at away games, so all the opposing fans would buy the T shirts and then he would make a ton of money from it. So very smart, and he was very ahead of its time with like hating the NCAA. So yeah, that's basically his football career. So Ryan, did you know any of that? No, Yeah, very interesting guy, kind of obnoxious, but like, way way ahead of its time, and I kind of respect the things he did, but he The documentary Brian in the Boss is worth watching thirty for thirty is for the most part are all very good and he has a lot of like self reflection and thinking, you know, I handled this the wrong way. I shouldn't have done this, I shouldn't have done this, So it's a pretty good documentary. But ending his career at twenty four due to shoulder injuries, he went into acting. It's almost surprising he was never a professional wrestler, Ryan, Like, couldn't you have totally seen that?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Absolutely?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I okay, hear me out. This is a hot take. I genuinely think he was good in this, like for what it is. I'm not saying that he's gonna win awards or should be cast in like real movies, but you know, I think he has a reputation, especially this movie, that he's a terrible actor. I don't think he's a terrible actor. Do disagree with me?
Speaker 2: They don't lean like I thought. The movie does not trot. It doesn't like overreach for him, you know what I mean. Like it's not like he's stretching a lot. I think it's pretty much just built like he's like this kind of like silent bad ass. It just kind of works. So I think, Yeah, he's good. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I also think he is a great leading man action hero because he's genuinely very handsome, Like just his face. He's more handsome than Schwarzenegger's stallone people. Maybe not Dolph Lungren because he's like a god, but he genuinely is very handsome. They actually like call him a pretty boy repeatedly in this movie. You know that he is athletically like, you know, he's strong, like nobody is doubting his badassness. And he's really jacked and frequently does not have a shirt on in this movie. So he I just think he works for this movie. And I gotta say, like, unironically, with no you know, like the room hipster intent, unironically, I love this movie.
Speaker 4: I think it's greatly I really do.
Speaker 1: I mean, did you guys enjoy this?
Speaker 3: I absolutely enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I wanted to watch Cobra after because I was like, I hated Cobra, Like how bad is Cobra that you hate it? I hated Cobra, But this movie was much more enjoyable to me than like Cobra. Like I like Chains. I liked the Boss. My I did have like a thing because the Boss he's a good looking guy, great hair, Like what's he doing in this biker gang? Like with a red flag?
Speaker 2: You got no other options?
Speaker 1: Man? Yeah, I mean we'll go, We'll get into the cast. So the cast is amazing and it just like this movie, like Cobra's not fun, Cobra is not self aware, it's completely dead serious, and this movie is pretty self aware, pretty fun, pretty outrageous, and this is genuinely a better movie than Cobra and over the Top in my opinion, Ryan, what do you think.
Speaker 2: I would agree not see over the Top, but I would agree I liked it better than Cobra. I just thought because like Cobra, he's just insane and it's just like his like behavior is nuts. Were like this movie is like Stone isn't too like over the top with his action because they have the exact same opening, but the villains I don't describe it. I was talking about it, and I was like, it's like they're the smokers from water World, only there's no water. It's just like they're these fucking flue degenerate monsters and they're just like it's not like who who who was attracted to this group of people and him in combination with them was way more of like an interesting combo than the Axe Cult and Cobra.
Speaker 1: I was reading about how this was received at the time, and it was received very poorly, but one critic said it was good to see a biker movie. I genuinely think this is the first mainstream biker movie since Easy Rider, and I thought that can't possibly be true, but maybe it is.
Speaker 2: I don't know, this this is the so this is what this maybe a This is May of ninety one, so maybe two months before T two. And then that it's not like a biker movie, but that kind of imagery of him and the bike and the leather is pretty big. And he opens in the biker bar with some of the cast of this three.
Speaker 1: Yes, Mudfish right or what is his name? Mudfish? Yeah? Yeah, but that's not a bike T two is not a biker movie.
Speaker 2: It's not a biker movie. But I think that whole like iconic image of the guy in the leather jacket with the sunglasses, the bats, the bone thing, riding the bike, it like completely that just completely changed. I don't think there's been many biker movies that I know of since that are like that.
Speaker 1: Damous I said that this makes Cobra look new on was one of my notes. I also I wanted to ask Ryan help me out here. So the writer, from my understanding, is just like an old TV writer. And then the director made something else famous but I can't remember.
Speaker 2: What the director did a lot of TV when I was looking up. Also, I don't know if he did other famous movies, but he was a very big second unit director, like he did Red's, the Warren Baby movie, he did Predator. But he also was because if you noticed that, because the end credits are amazing as Andy said, and a lot of the people with the same last name Baxley were in the credits. So he is actually more of a stunt coordinator and stunt performer. That's kind of his expertise. So I think like his whole family worked on like the stunts for this movie, which were pretty cool. Honestly, you got to give him that credit. The writer. I just I was, as you said to him, so glad you pointed out. I was laughing so hard this morning. The guy who wrote this was seventy four when he wrote this. He just woke up one day so pissed off and was like, fuck, yeah, here we go. I'm just doing this.
Speaker 1: I was reading about his biography and he wrote a lot of TV scripts in like the fifties. He wrote like for gun smoke and stuff. I was like, what what?
Speaker 2: But the what?
Speaker 1: They never let me cut loose, I know, seriously. But the other movie that I was thinking of that I said, was something else famous that this director did was Action Jackson. So debatable and how I've actually never seen Action Jackson, but I know that movie is a thing.
Speaker 2: I have not seen. It's Carl Weathers, right.
Speaker 1: Starring Carl Weathers, Yes, and Vanity, who was one of the many, like eleven out of ten women that were discovered by Prince and made famous by Prince. But I was reading about Vanity because I was reading about Action Jackson, and I said in an she said in an interview. So when I first met him, I obviously thought he was gay, and then he just kept following me around, and I was like, why this little gig I keep following me around? And then she eventually realized it was Prince and they started dating, because Prince is very much not gay. But I don't think that that's crazy to think that Vanity also gave up being a celebrity and became like a born again Christian and denounced her denounced her former life.
Speaker 2: Yes, so we may have to do Action Jackson. Look at this cast, Craig T. Nelson, Sharon Stone, Bill Duke, Robert Dovey from maniaac cop two. Oh my god, we may have to.
Speaker 1: Do his next sure, sure, so, uh yeah, I think we should just I think we should just dive into the movie. I mean we have a lot of we have twenty five minutes of contact. Now this will be this will be seven parts.
Speaker 2: And that's just the opening.
Speaker 1: What year was Cobra, Cobra was.
Speaker 2: Cobra is eighty eight?
Speaker 1: Eighty nine?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Well this this movie just just unapologetically has the same opening scene as Cobra.
Speaker 2: Eighty six, Cobra's eighty six. I couldn't believe this was ninety one, by the way. That was like, I was, this is nineteen ninety one.
Speaker 1: Because you thought it was older.
Speaker 2: Definitely, like it was similar to like in a different way with like point break where I was always in my head, I just in that like it was like a mid eighties or l eighties movies like nineteen ninety on the dot, and I'm like really, but yeah.
Speaker 1: So apparently this this during this era, America was bombarded by multicultural gangs of maniacs. Like we talked about the in the Friday the Thirteenth pod, how like every gang in the eighties had like a black guy and a white guy and an Asian guy and a little Latino guy, and it's like no, like no, this does this never existed. But they they're in a grocery store, and again, why are they robbing a grocery store? Like rob a bank, rob a pharmacy or something that makes sense? And they love, just like maniacs of the Syria and grocery stores loved just shooting up cereal and other food items with machine guns. Yeah, so that's how the movie starts, just maniacs. And I thought, another thing that's interesting is like this is pre mass shootings, and by what by pre mass shootings? It's not actually like mass shootings already existed very much so nineteen anyone, but they weren't as mainstream as they were now. So I just thought, if I saw a bunch of guys in a grocery store with machine guns, I would not think they were robbing the grocery store. I would think this was a mass shooting. But one like nobody would think that, you know, poor decision.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, I think that these guys are so jacked up in this scene, like they just did cocaine or meth, like the second before they weren't. I don't know. They are so jacked up and cut. You said you watched this on like like one and a half speed. That must have been insane because these guys are at normal speed.
Speaker 1: I watched it, actually, so the first time I watched it weeks ago on regular speed, and then I watched it yesterday on double speed to like refresh my memory. So yes, I actually I think I had to slow it down during this scene because the ponytail, like the leader with the ponytail, oh man, he was on one.
Speaker 2: I My first note of this entire thing was when this scene is happening, when the leader who looked a lot like I thought he was Steven Richards, the wrestler. He looked a lot like him. The guy just shoots up the ritz Crackers display and he just goes I love it, I wrote, I love it shooting up the Ritz Crackers. Movie can only go downhill from here.
Speaker 1: Yeah. The way that they talk is it's like, what was that noise? Man, check out the other aisle, and then it'll be like, all right, I'll go check it out. We'll be right back, and it's whoa, whoa, whoa.
Speaker 2: That guy sweating bullets, going to see what's in the aisle sweating bullets. He's losing it.
Speaker 1: So as people are being terrorized, you just see a guy cool as a cucumber to make a grocery store upon He is wearing combat boots, jeans, a black leather duster, he has earrings, and he has a bleach blonde mullet. And that man it is Brian Bossworth aka the Boss, and his name in this movie is Joe Huff. Yeah, real name is Joe Huff and he is holding a cook He bites into a cookie, then gets like a shotgun pointed in his face and he says, relax, man, I'll buy it. Making a joke. So rude, But yeah, this is just great. I mean, like Andy explained what happens here, and this is a last action hero really dives into this. But the stereotype of like all the good cops are suspended because they don't play by the rules, because the rules are bullshit, you know what I mean. But explain what happens Andy at.
Speaker 3: The grocery store. Yes, okay, so Bob's just eats seeing the cookie. These guys are robbing the place. He I think he just beats up the guy and then he like sets up a trap with like some juice on the floor, and then the other guy like slips on it and goes flying like I made a note that he flew like a distance, a lot farther than you should slip on something like I don't know. Yeah, So then he flies and then you know, he apprehends the bad guys or then the cops show up. The cops show up at that moment, and Boz kind of hands them over like I took care of this, don't worry about it, and they tell him, you know, what are you doing here, Bob, You've been suspended. This is I'm gonna tell your boss, and he's just like whatever. Man just walks out.
Speaker 1: The thing that I love about this is the guitar riffs. So they go, Joe, you're still suspended. What do you have to see if yourself this time? And he looks at it and he and he says this line and then there's an amazing riff, so I'll perform it. What do you have to see for yourself this time? Clean up on Aisle four? And then that's the opening, so called.
Speaker 2: Let's shout out to the great composer here Sylvester LeVay, we'll do an he did the score for Cobra. He's just continuing his work. Then she eventually made it off to Navy Seals hot shots. Guys killing it, killing it.
Speaker 3: It's got a lane, he's got a lane to go.
Speaker 2: Sure. I loved how for how intense this group was of these guys robbing the place, how they all were just defeated by falling. I just thought it was so interesting, like like as anything, like the main guy who was taking the girl hostage sores into that display like he's gone and he's just you just never seen me. It was just like that was enough to take that amount of drug.
Speaker 3: He should have been his heart exploded at that.
Speaker 2: He was so overblown by the power.
Speaker 1: It's it's honestly like three stooges.
Speaker 2: It looked. It literally was that comical, like including like how like Stone handles it by throwing the can over be like, oh, this idiot will fall for this trick and like throw it over there. I do want to say the girl who they took hostage with the braces. They call it tinsel Teeth. She's credited in the credits is tintal Teeth. I just started laughing when like, this is unbelievable. There's not even like Girl in Store. It was just tinsel teeth lay by Joanna Stevens.
Speaker 1: Whatever, Oh I just I love so just women in this movie in general, like women have zero part in society at all, and women are just like there to either be terrorized or just to be hot. And also in every context, every woman is playboy playmate hot, like fake boobs, very petite, gorgeous. And when we get to the biker late gang later, these people are disgusting and they're hanging out with like Pamela Anderson and it's like, what is happening? Although maybe that's not a good analogy because she kind of did have that taste in men and still does. But we cut to a biker gang and led by two just incredible character actors that if you google them you will a million percent recognize them. The first shown is the second in command of the gang. His name is Ice, and Ice is portrayed by William Forsyth. So William Forsyth has been in like one hundred thousand movies, but most famously he was in Once upon a Time in America, Raising Arizona. Dick Tracy American Me the Rock, Blue Streak, Bluehill Avenue, Devil's Rejects, Boardwalk Empire, justified, like you would definitely recognize him if you saw him. And Ice is introduced with him and his but these biker this bikeran, it's just you kind of gotta love him, honestly. They alreadypicted as neo Nazis, but other than that, I do kind of respect them. They so Ice and his buddies are just like getting drunk and shooting beers off of each other. So Mudfish, who is in Terminator two, is he the biker that Arnold steals the clothes.
Speaker 2: From you forgot to say please, that's him exactly.
Speaker 1: So Mudfish, there's a long tunnel of people, so there's like fifty people on each side and it's a very narrow space. And Ice William Forsyth pulls out like a handheld uzzi to shoot beer off of Mudfish and just sprays it and like hits the beer off. But I was like, no, no, no, Mudfish would be dead. All the people around them would be dead, and they love it. Like Mudfish thinks this is hilarious.
Speaker 2: I thought. When I was happening, I'm like, oh, This is the like Ice is gonna be the villain. He just killed this guy when they're having like this fun time on purpose. Then Mudfish just starts laughing and I was like, Oh, it's a whole group of them and this this also intercuts with the the the killing.
Speaker 1: That's I have to talk about that in a set and we will. I don't even know if he's shown yet, but we should just mention the leader of the biker gang is the fucking legend. Is he still alive? Ryan?
Speaker 2: I believe he is.
Speaker 1: Lance Hendrickson. He plays Chains, the leader of the biker gang. He's gonna be so old he is still alive.
Speaker 2: Eighty six, Wow, eighty six.
Speaker 1: So again, Lance Hendrickson. I like him as an actor more than William Forsyth. Of Lance Hendrickson. He most famously plays Bishop in the Alien franchise and Whale and Utani, who like what is what Wale? Utani is just like the Mega Corporation and the Alien Predator franchise. But Bishop and Aliens just legendary role. But he was the main character in the TV series Millennium, which was great Frank Black because X Files was like Aliens and Millennium was Demons. It was the Demons version of X Files. He was in The Right Stuff, Terminator one, Pumpkinhead, Classic, Hard Target, Classic Color of Night, Quick in the Dead he plays Ace in the Quick in the Day. That's gonna be one of the greatest like casts of all time.
Speaker 4: The Queen, Powder Scream three, Appaloosa, which is I enjoyed Appaloosa as a Western but also as he's been in a lot of video games.
Speaker 1: He was in Gun, he was in Call of Duty Modern Warfare. Ryan. I mean, sorry, Andy, were you gonna say something?
Speaker 3: No, I say, I haven't seen any of these movies.
Speaker 1: But you've never saw Aliens Alien too. You never saw that?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, all right, sorry. So honestly, when we've been Heart Target.
Speaker 3: I've seen Heart Target.
Speaker 1: Though Heart Target we we've already talked about JCVD at length. Heart Target is actually, to me is like an overrated JCVD movie. But love Lance Hendrickson, and I think he's genuinely great as chains in this movie.
Speaker 2: He's right because he's not like he looks like no one else in the movie, which was smart. I like that he's not like the other guys are pretty much bigger people and he's not typically this kind of person.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yes, so this is probably the hardest I laughed in the entire movie. It shows there is a there is an elderly male Catholic priest in priest uniform and collar, baptizing a baby, and then this guy, this bald biker comes out of nowhere with a double barrel shotgun and the priest just looks confused, and this guy just blows the priest away through a stained glass window. I immediately did like a screen record and texted you guys, because I could not believe this it.
Speaker 2: First of all, the guy is fucking huge, so how did anyone not see him come in? He's he's so big, And it's like this all of this like the can shoot out, the fallout from the robbery, and this I wrote, this opening is six movies in three minutes. I was so confused with like, what is happening? What is the It's absolutely insane.
Speaker 1: So it shows this this murderer who murdered a priest in a church baptizing a baby in cold blood. The judge sentences him to forty five years in prison, with like the he can get out after forty five years if he's still alive, which is shockingly lenient. Chains yells bullshit, like he's pissed at this sentence, like you thought he would go free. And then the gang, even though he got ridiculously everybody in the media was like, he should get the death sentence. You only got forty five years. The gang still kills the judge because he sentenced this guy to anything. They blow up his boat while he's on it. So these guys, these guys are not good. They're bad news. What are you saying, Andy, No, they're bad news.
Speaker 3: They're like the Lost Boys, but bad, really bad.
Speaker 1: But when you say the Lost Boys, you mean like the vampires or you mean like hook oh houck.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I do like the Lost Boys of Vampires too.
Speaker 1: But and now again, this is a classic trope that I always love is when they portray the action hero badasses like apartment lifestyle, single living. This is always great. Yes, he is making a smoothie that I thought was for himself. I almost wish it was. But the ingredients are orange juice, potato chips, bananas, Snickers bars, raw eggs including the shells, and hot sauce. But he is not making it for himself. He is making it for.
Speaker 3: Komodo dragon.
Speaker 1: It is It is not a komodo dragon, very very close. It is a monitor lizard. I'm an animal nerd, and I recognize that right away, and I love how like I was reading trivia for this movie and so many people wrote and like the IMDb trivia monitor lizards cannot process citrus, and it was like, shut the fuck.
Speaker 3: I thought it was a Komodo dragon, and I was like, what is he feeding to an endangered species right now?
Speaker 2: For Jesus Christ, that.
Speaker 1: I feel like pre and the one thing that did just to be a total animal nerd and do a one eighty on me criticizing the people that said that. One thing that like, I feel like before pre Internet, people were just so stupid and we humored them. And one thing that I fucking hate in movies and television shows is when like somebody's typing on a computer and the typing the computer will go like beepoo beep, boop beet beep, or like searching on the Internet will make these like electricity sounds, you know what I mean. It's like, no, we don't need that, So monitor lizards don't make sounds. And they added in pig noises because I think for whatever reason, they felt like the lizard needed to be able to vocalize in some way, so that was stupid.
Speaker 2: I really like the lizards gasp though when the FBI comes in they I love that they end the scene with the lizard acting surprised. That was great.
Speaker 1: Yes, yep, and he well, sorry, no, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say, cuff to your point. Cobra has the other one of these like living situations scenes where he like is cutting pizza with scissors and has doesn't seem like he knows how to use a microwave or he doesn't have a kitchen.
Speaker 1: One of the all time one of the all time funniest, like Adam Carolla things. I'm not a big Adam Krola fan.
Speaker 3: Was.
Speaker 1: He was talking about this on his podcast, and he's like, he gets out of bed, there's empty beer cans everywhere. He's eaten three day old pizza with scissors, but he's fucking ripped, like shredded, jacked, and he is approached by two wonderful character actors. So who are these two character actors? Ryan? One of them is in Sopranos, one of them is in Seinfeld. I think.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So Sam McMurray is Lance, who becomes his partner. He also was in Raising Arizona. Also was the voice of Roy the neighbor on the sitcom Dinosaurs. Oh been around for a while. And the Mama the other guy I love and was so excited to see him. Richard Gant, who played George Washington Duke that's the name looking up now in Rocky five, who is like their version of Don King.
Speaker 1: Also doesn't he eat Jason's heart and Jason goes to hell?
Speaker 2: He absolutely does. That's just unreal. How I mention your mother Seinfeld, Posse, nypd Blue, big Lebowski, Deadwood. It's insane, h the clumps.
Speaker 1: And and so you're talking about there's a white dude and a black dude. You're talking about the black dude the white dude. I remember this in The Sopranos. He was like a doctor that couldn't see Junior or something. So then I could be remembering this wrong. So they go, they show up that he's playing golf, and I think this is the scene where Furio goes, there's a b on your hat and he like slaps the hat off his head to intimidate him. But they so they basically say, we need you, like we the FBI, we're two FBI agents. We need you, random cop because you're so fucking good. We need you to infiltrate a biker gang and go undercover. And Joe is so badass that he says no obviously, and they say, but you're if you say no, your three week suspension just turned to six months. So they need him to go undercover in Mississippi and they're in Alabama, and I was just like, I don't know, I would there's a lot of how would they not know? How would there not be any overlap of like people recognizing him or I don't know that this whole it doesn't seem like a very well thought out plan to me. Yeah yeah, so he yeah, sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 3: I was more said, I was more concerned with, like, what's what's Joe doing after this movie and before this? Like how long has he had this job? Because I don't imagine that he's been in like insubordination must happened like every three weeks for this guy, Like he just seemed to care. He's too cool for an organized job.
Speaker 1: This and to be Devil's advocate, Like remember famously Ryan when I was talking to Paul about how bad of a movie The Patriot is with Mel Gibson, and then a random stranger came up to me and told me how wrong I was. Yes, So if that guy was arguing, he'd say, like, they targeted him because they know he's very deep in the biker culture, so it makes sense for him to infiltrate a biker gang.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I mean I would think this if he it seems like everything goes the way of the supermarket robbery, a lot of extreme damage for probably minimal conseq minimal. I would assume he's hopefully new on the job and they're just kind of slapping him on the wrist. I hope if this is like five years then it's like the other guy's situation, where like Sam Jackson and the Rock are chasing a bag of weed and it costs two million dollars in the city in New York for the damages. It's like, what's point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, once we get to the end of this movie, it was one million percent of mistake to ask Joe to do this. This is not the right call to ask him.
Speaker 3: He got his man, Joe Huff.
Speaker 1: He technically did I guess, but so he accepts and then Lance, the white FBI agent shows up at his apartment, bright and early. Boz is wearing a speedo. Loved that or like just basically like tight black underwear looks fucking great, Liz just ripped, looks hot, and just some hot nude slut is in his bed. I absolutely love. Lance walks into his bedroom and there is a one hundred percent just probably like the playmate of the month April nineteen eighty nine. Uh, she's just nude in the bed and doesn't care at all that Lance the agent is seeing her completely nude.
Speaker 2: Just did not face her at all. Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, and he's just like see you later, baby, and she's like thanks, Joe. He is a very nice apartment. Also, very nice apartment. Makes no sense.
Speaker 2: He must be getting paid on suspension. That's my guests. He has to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I wrote.
Speaker 3: I wrote that they had they like included the scene. They had to include a scene with like a hot girl, just to be like Joe, Joe's getting these hot women. But they've like cut scenes for the partner because the partner in this movie like disappears and he's barely in it. That's what I wrote, I need this one drop these Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yes, uh, And Lance and Joe are going to work together, but Joe says, I don't work with a partner because he's such a badass. But as any good action movie does, Joe goes undercover. First place he goes is a strip club. Obviously, I wrote this note a strip club with a live band. I've never seen that in my life. And Alabama.
Speaker 3: That's an Alabama biker bar, thing from my experience when I'm down there.
Speaker 1: From your experience, you've been to a lot of strip clubs live bands. No, actually, I just I love the music. I'm really into this band. I'm just like you're seeing you like buy Penthouse for the articles. Lance is also undercover looks like a dork, and I thought this was just really bad writing. It's like wedged in some joke about how Lance is a nerd because he's a germophobe, and he asks for a glass at the biker bar, which honestly makes no sense because if you're if you care about germs, which is gonna have more germs? Is it gonna be drinking out of a beer can you just opened, or getting a glass at some sketchy biker our strip club. But maybe it's like it's maybe it's not even a germophobic joke. Maybe it's a he's a fancy pants he's not like a blue collar guy joke. I don't know.
Speaker 2: You thought about that more than the person who wrote it.
Speaker 3: I think, yeah, I'm just trying to give him a thing.
Speaker 1: My next note is Joe is the fucking man. That's just I don't even know what the context was, but that's my note.
Speaker 2: Is that when he approaches Ice, h.
Speaker 1: Well, he says to Lance. First, he goes, I'm gonna go make some noise. Sit tight. But uh yeah, so Brian, well, how don't you talk about how he chooses? So Ice is the second in command of a very very dangerous priest killing biker gang, and how does he choose to approach Ice to infiltrate the gang?
Speaker 2: He approaches him and says, Hey, your lady is looking at me or something of that type.
Speaker 1: Right, He says, why has your girlfriend been eyeing me all night? And says that.
Speaker 2: Ice loves it, to be honest, he likes not to say like He's like, Okay, I see what this guy's trying to do here, And he makes a very terrible joke. That was just like this guy was like bam bam, like from the Flintstones, and I was like, not your.
Speaker 3: Best No, no, no, no, that's really funny, you say Ice liked that, because you're right, he did like that.
Speaker 2: I didn't think I'm saying, let's see what this guy's doing here.
Speaker 1: Because the Ice is absolutely fucking crazy, and this guy is as crazy as he is, so he's like sorry, He's.
Speaker 2: Like, oh cool. So someone takes a crack at Jude and it escalates and then gut is with Ice, and I think he likes Glate situation a little bit.
Speaker 1: Well, this this I absolutely love. So some gentlemen who are truckers I believe, go to the bar to confront the strippers. So this is a biker bar, strip club run by like an extremely dangerous biker gang. These truckers try to they request an exchange. They were like, yeah, you know, strippers, we purchase all these drugs from you. They weren't good drugs, so we would really like our money back, and if you don't give us our money back, I'm going to like beat you up. This is what these mail truckers said to these strippers. So obviously, they just want to commit suicide and Ice doesn't. Ice doesn't appreciate that.
Speaker 2: A lot of euphoria season four in this movie, a lot of not kidding.
Speaker 1: So there's a fight breaks out and Joe Brian Bosworth decides this is a great way to prove myself because so he just kicks everybody's ass. He throws a guy into glass shelves behind the bar. The guy would definitely be dead, and I was like, no way with his bar ever have glass shelves behind me.
Speaker 2: I love that. That was so I was dying with that. That was so good.
Speaker 1: Uh. And he says what they're like, great job fighting man, what's your name? And in a panic, he's like, oh no, my name's Joe Huff. I haven't thought this through. So he says, my name is John Stone. It's the most made up name of all time. And he meets another gang member named Gut as Ryan says, and uh. He says, basically like I want to join your gang. Poor Gut is right. He says, I want to join your gang, and Ice is like, no, fuck you, I don't know you again. One of the themes of this movie, Ice is right. Ice is always right.
Speaker 3: Ice from Stone Cold.
Speaker 1: Yes. Yes. So the next day so Ice is like, no, you can't be in our gang, Like, fuck off, I don't care that you beat up these guys. The next day of the ers are having one of their other you know, let's shoot beers off each other rally, and Joe challenges Ice to a race and Joe ends up beating Ice in the race, and Ice is very mad at that, but to even further prove himself. And this is where wrestling comes into to play. There's a character named Mountain who is a pit fighter. I guess in the gang. There's just they have pit fights every day, and like people can challenge this guy who is a brick shit house. He was enous, is enormous. His name is Mountain, and when I saw him, I immediately said, holy shit, that is Tom McGhee. Ryan, do you know who Tom McGee is? I don't, Okay, So I need to talk about this. This is the legend of Brett Hart. So this this match, Brett Hart versus Tom McGhee has a Wikipedia page just that match. Now Brett Hart. Brett Hart, he was not like he can't do a shooting star press and backflips and all this crazy shit. But Brett Hart is called the excellence of execution and also called the best, there is, the best, there was, the best there ever will be. Because Brett Hart was flawless in the ring. And when you have a coordinated fight with someone, it's like a dance, you know, like you need a partner that's going to make you look good, that's going to not injure you, that's gonna know what they're doing, it's going to execute well. So this is how fucking good Brett Hart is and this is why this is so legendary. So this guy is enormous. Tom McGee he was a powerlifter. He's tall, he's jacked, he's handsome, he's long, curly hair. So he had a tryout match in the WWE with Brett Hart, and Tom McGee looked like a million dollars. The match was amazing. He looked fucking perfect. So Vince like man is seeing this and he's like, holy shit, this guy is the next Hull Cogan. He's an amazing wrestler and he looks like a million dollars, he's handsome. I'm going to just give him the world. You are the next Hull Cogan. So he's like, you are the next Hull. Cogan signs me to a contract, gives him all this money, and then Tom McGee starts having other matches, and then Vince's like, what the fuck? This guy's terrible. Every single other match he has looks like shit, He's completely uncoordinated, he doesn't know timing, he doesn't know how to do anything. He's injuring people. And then they realize, oh, Brett Hard is so fucking good that he can take some random asshole and make him look like a million dollars. So the reason that this is so legendary is because this story was circulating for like decades, but nobody ever saw their match. It wasn't taped, and then like and then like five years ago or maybe I'm butchering this, but you know, decades after the match took place, somebody online found a tape of Brett Hart versus Tom McGee, and when it was when it was released online, like wrestling fans and wrestling historians were like, holy fucking shit. It was like finding the Holy Grail. And that's why it has a Wikipedia page. But that's how goddamn good Brett Hart was at Pro Wrestling.
Speaker 2: Wow I've never ever heard of that before.
Speaker 1: Yeah wow, yep. So Tom McGee's mountain in this movie and Bos challenges him to a fight, and uh yeah, I don't know. It's like a typical eighties movie fight. I don't even know how to describe it. Do you have any memories of this fight?
Speaker 2: It's just super quick. What my fair memory is when they show the crowd reacting some guy just the tone of his voice just fucking screams, fucking wham, and the way he did it was just like it stood out so much to me. I couldn't make it out of my head. It was so insane.
Speaker 1: Oh well, a lot of questions like where are the cops or the cops just just like I don't want to deal with this, that they're having these rallies with pit fights and shooting machine guns, shooting beer off each other, like they're just like I just don't want to deal with this.
Speaker 2: It's just so it's it's probably just like it's just a mascrift to deal with, Like what's the they hamster damned it if you will. Yeah, so I'm not surprised at all. So this is when we get to Brotherhood Fortress.
Speaker 1: Well not not yet. So after the pit fight, they're still at the party. That's when that's when Stone finally meets Chains because he thought every he beat up everybody at the strip club. He beat Ice in a race, and he beat up Mountain. So Chains is like, all right, I'll talk to you. So he goes back to his van and then Andy, do you remember what happens when he goes back to his van?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 3: Chains, girl's going through all this stuff. I think Change is trying to get some intel on Stone. I think it's a good move.
Speaker 1: I agree, I think it is a good move. And he's in. Stone says, why your old lady going through my shit? And Change says, this is cockroach. She's my house mouse. Take take her and have some fun.
Speaker 3: So Change property on this.
Speaker 1: Yes, Change just says, like take cockroach, who's changes his girlfriend and like, hey, you really impressed me today. Just sleep with my girlfriend. And he's like, if you want to get to the Brotherhood, which is the name of this motorcycle gang, you got to talk to me. But I like you so far. Here's my girlfriend. And Ryan as being a gentleman that Stone aka Joe Huff aka Boz is what does he say, when he's alone with cockroach.
Speaker 2: You don't just give someone like this away exactly exactly.
Speaker 1: She says, this is my actual note. I just laughed out loud because I forgot I wrote that. She says, I just want to show you a good time, and he says I don't want it, and she says why and then he looks over dead in the eye and says, I'm gay. Oh, nobody finds up. Nobody finds up. Funny to me.
Speaker 3: I liked the part, and this too. When the chains asked Stone like who you with and he's like, I'm an independent.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So immediately again the theme hashtag Ice is right. Ice goes, hey, change, this guy's a cop. Clear as day. This guy's a cop. He shows up out a fucking nowhere. He's like billy badass. He's never been associated with a motorcycle gang. He wants to get in on our gang. He has all these connections with no explanation. Later in the movie, he basically says I can get you a mac truckload of PCP, and he's like, P two p thank you, thank you, thank you, And Ice is like, yeah, change, this guy's obviously a cop. But then Ryan, what you.
Speaker 2: Also vanishes all the time. I'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Where were you still, I don't worry about it.
Speaker 1: I was at the doctor. I have hemorrhoids from from riding my bike. But so no. So now we're we're going to the bike. We're going to the Biker Fortress. It's already been an hour, guys. We're going to the Biker Fortress, which is a highlight, and that's where we're gonna we're gonna kick off in part two is we're going to enter the Biker Fortresses. Ryan mentioned, let's do it all right, Thank you for listening. We will be back soon with the rest of Stone.
Speaker 2: Could