Speaker 1: Hey, hey, hey, I'm bad.
Speaker 2: With something for you to think about.
Speaker 1: Sustaining until marriage. I know there are a lot of people who have already put their little toes, not just their toes, their whole foot, both feet in the water.
Speaker 2: But let me tell.
Speaker 1: You, you can repent, give your lives to Christ and change everything for yourself. Because we should not be committing sin by sleeping around, committing adultery or fornicating. The Bible wants us, according to the Word of God, to wait until marriage. You know, once upon a time in my life, I can't even lie. I won't even try to pretend. Sex was way up on the Richter scale for me, way up there.
Speaker 2: No lie.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, it was an important, very important to me. But I didn't know any better. I did not know any better. And every time I think about it, oh, I have to repent all over again.
Speaker 2: Even though I know the Lord.
Speaker 1: Has forgiven me, I still have to repent over again because I know things that I've done was not pleasing in his sight. I didn't understand.
Speaker 2: Then.
Speaker 1: If you've listened to me earlier in the years, you know I gave my life to Christ when I was twelve years old. But like I always say, what did I know? I didn't know anything.
Speaker 2: I really didn't.
Speaker 1: I heard of Jesus, I heard of God and the Holy Spirit because my mom introduced me to it and my grandmother.
Speaker 2: So I knew of the Lord. I knew of.
Speaker 1: God, and I got saved when I was twelve years old.
Speaker 2: But years and years and.
Speaker 1: Years and years later, it's when I got understanding. I got understanding.
Speaker 2: I realized that I had been living.
Speaker 1: A lot.
Speaker 2: I was going to church. I never stopped going to church. Listen. I would go to church from the club. You hear me.
Speaker 1: Partying all night and go to church the next morning. I'm just being honest with you.
Speaker 2: I've left the club and went home right on to church. I've left church.
Speaker 1: And went straight to the club many times because I didn't know any better.
Speaker 2: I didn't know any better.
Speaker 1: Now. I I couldn't have done that as a child living home. But when I became of age an adult, oh yeah.
Speaker 2: I did it.
Speaker 1: I wore my little mini skirts right on the church so short I had to throw something across my left. If you gotta throw something across your lept, you know it's too short. Now.
Speaker 2: I was never way up my five mini, but I was, you know, a little bit several inches above my knee in church.
Speaker 1: But let me tell you, when my heart became convicted, when I got true understanding, my skirts came down.
Speaker 2: They came down appropriate.
Speaker 1: I never was the type who wore skin tight clothes to church or anywhere else. But I used to have a little cleavage and have my little skirts, you know. But I I I I I gave all of that a when I truly got understanding. When my life changed, when I start living for the Lord because I want to be pleasing in my God's eyesight. So I learned to live a way that was not shameful for myself. And you know, when you married and your own husband tell you, man, every time I look around, you want to do to do and you're a woman.
Speaker 2: Come on. You know. I'm not saying that.
Speaker 1: I was a sex addict by no means, but oh I did enjoy it for real, for real.
Speaker 2: But I came to the.
Speaker 1: Understanding that that's not how God wants to live. Because when you are out there giving it left and right, getting it left and right, you are connecting yourself to all of the people you've been with. If you're that type of person, and you're getting something from all of these people, and what you don't want is soul tied. You know, you don't want to be connected to all these people, having you know, bits and pieces of.
Speaker 2: All of these people. That's why you should sustain until you're married, because think about it. You get married. You've been with Peter to Larry, Barry Roger.
Speaker 1: I'm just saying, or you've been with Susan, Martha, Debbie, Lashanda, whomever. I want you to think about it. All of these people you've been with, and now.
Speaker 2: You've chosen.
Speaker 1: To be with someone and make that person your spouse, and you already in your heart, you know you have apprehensions. You already know that you're feeling some kind of way. You're not evenly yoked. So you're thinking, well, when I was with Larry, you know, Larry did this, and when I was with Joe, Joe did this.
Speaker 2: And when I was with Leroy, Leroy did that, you know. But now I'm with my husband, and man, you don't do none of that, you know what I'm saying. So you're causing friction.
Speaker 1: Within your relationship because you're thinking about what you used to do with other people. You're thinking about those things that made you feel good with other people, and that's wrong.
Speaker 2: That's wrong.
Speaker 1: So the devil want division before you ever form a union. And that's why we should sustain. We should sustain to make ourselves holy and have a partner that is a partner who is an individual who is on the same accord.
Speaker 2: As you and I know these days in times oof.
Speaker 1: Whoh, it's rare, it is rare, But like Daniel says, it's the best way to be.
Speaker 2: You know, if you're going to be single, be single and be celibate.
Speaker 1: Sustain until you have that man of God or that woman of God. It's not gonna kill you. It's gonna make you better. Being by yourself is the best thing you could do for yourself. Things come into clarity, You get closer to the Lord. You truly learn to love the Lord because you understand and you know it's the greatest love of all.
Speaker 2: But you have to want.
Speaker 1: That, you have to believe that. Being celibate it's like anything else. You get used to it. It's nothing that's going to cause you harm. It's gonna give you a peace and understanding like never ever before. But a lot of people don't want to give it up because they don't understand, because their eyes.
Speaker 2: Are blind. They're being led by their flesh, and people just want what they want.
Speaker 1: A lot of times people don't even look at the consequences. They don't even consider the risk. They just want what they want until they have to deal with the consequences, until the risk costs issues in their lives. People are seeking self gratification at any cost, and it's crazy. It's not worth it. You're not gonna get an experience that is so incredibly different from another until you find true love. And it's gonna be hard when you're with someone and you're still thinking about what you used to do with someone else, because you still got bits and pieces from those other relationships as a part of you. You have to release yourself. You have to give that mess to the Lord and leave it there. If you want your love in your life, it's started by loving God and his son Jesus and loving yourself. Because no one on the face of the earth, not your mom, your dad, your children, your relatives, your friends. No one will love you like the Lord. No one can give you a peace that surpasses all understanding. But if you're out there flapping like a fish out of water, just doing what you want to do with who you want to do with when you want to do it.
Speaker 2: You reap what you sow, and that's just it. You reap what you sow, and those are the type of seeds you sow.
Speaker 1: What you won't be beneficial to you, and it will affect you in a relationship if you don't change and you go into a relationship. I don't care who you are, how much money you have, what you have, it's going to affect you in your relationships because you've got all of this stuff going on inside of you, not only of the individuals you've been with, but those unresolved issues that you haven't dealt with. So when you get into a relationship, you're seeking things.
Speaker 2: Because you're trying to recapture.
Speaker 1: Things that you've experienced before that you thought were good for you. You're trying to recapture those feelings from those individuals that you were with for in your current relationship. And it's gonna cause problems. And some of you are bold enough to say, well, Jimmy did this or Bertha did that.
Speaker 2: Some of you are bold enough to say it, or should I say ignorant enough to say it because you don't know any better.
Speaker 1: You have no mental maturity, and you still being laid by your flesh.
Speaker 2: So you're just trying to Hey, if I.
Speaker 1: Tell him or tell her, maybe they'll give me what I want, the desires that I have.
Speaker 2: But it builds animosity and resentment.
Speaker 1: When you're telling someone who really cares about you, well, you're not enough. You're not giving me what I'm used to having. No, that won't work, that'll be short lived, I guarantee you. So the Lord want us to refrain, sustain go through abstinence celibacy. It won't kill you. I promise you. It won't kill you, and it will be pleasing in the sight of the Lord. Some people won't even believe when.
Speaker 2: You say you're celibate. They won't believe it.
Speaker 1: Because they can't fathom the thoughts for themselves. So if they don't think that they can do it, they show won't believe you can. But it don't matter what anyone thinks. That's another thing. Stop worrying about what other people think, because it's what God thinks that matters. It's what He thinks that matters. So I just wanted to talk a little bit about it. When you go through life and you're doing all of this these things, you're going to bring that mess into your relationships. You're gonna bring that crap into your relationships, and it's going to cost issues.
Speaker 2: That's a guarantee. So sustain.
Speaker 1: If you have issues, you really want to, but you're having issues, you're struggling, reach out to me.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about.
Speaker 1: It, because, oh boy, do I have a story to tell you. I'm not gonna tell you over over this podcast, but ooh wait, but you can do it, and it's what Gods want for you, because really, sex is not everything.
Speaker 2: It really isn't. It really truly isn't.
Speaker 1: And when you mature and get to that level of maturity, you will understand, and especially when you serve in God, you'll understand completely what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So this is just a.
Speaker 1: Little bit I want to talk about it, and I really really hope you think about what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: You think about what I've said.
Speaker 1: Because it will make a difference in your life. Keeping yourself holy, you know, guarding your heart, taking care of your temple, all of that is important to God. So that's all I'm gonna say on it. I'm leaving it right there. Thank you so much for listening. Much love to each and every one of you. Please reach out to me. I love hearing from you. Go to my podcast. It'll tell you how to reach me by email. I will respond. Please share this episode in all episodes the same, and I hope.
Speaker 2: And I pray you do it. Thank go on it m