Speaker 1: Quantum Fiber, Your World. Unleash presents the Power Hour. It's at Cafe dot com slash Watch, and right now you can tune in to see the Initials Invitational Championship right now Cafe dot Com slash Watch.
Speaker 2: Just a bunch of hate, sad and stead That's right, it's finally here.
Speaker 3: Look at you. Let's guy who's excited. Yeah, he's riding a horsey back there.
Speaker 4: Before we dive into this. Look because it's the last second. Here we we we are almost at go time. Chris, your last second prediction? AJ Grim or zach You're going AJ Sauce AJ Grim or zach ad money on it? Oh that's true?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 4: What's this bet now with Carly? Carly took zach uh Sauce took a j If you win, it's a push Parish who wins? AJ?
Speaker 3: Oh man, everybody's going AJ. Where's Marnie's Marty back there? Yeah?
Speaker 2: She had a shift she had to do down at Guys and Dolls.
Speaker 3: What she told you that?
Speaker 4: That's a secret She lost Fantasy football bets.
Speaker 3: Shift not a good shift?
Speaker 4: No, shall we let's gout, let's go good time for the twenty twenty four Initials Invitational presented by Saint Paul Federal.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Saint Paul Federal Credit Union, appreciate you being a part of the tournament, being a part of the jackpot, giving us this vault a couple of years ago to stole away the packets until they're revealed.
Speaker 3: We started with forty five. We're down to three.
Speaker 4: No more wild cards, no more tie breakers, no more nothing. It's just one of these three is going to be the champ in about twenty minutes. Zachary Halverson, Mike grimmon A, j Montsour. Let's go around the room. AJ is the all time goat at the Initials. You have been to the championship game or round in all three years you want it and year one lost to Gersey last year, but you're back again against Grimmer and Zach. What happens if AJ wins yet another title today?
Speaker 2: Christopher, He's double sponsored. He sponsors a by Ragtone ragcu dot com. If he wins, you'll get tim percent off your entire order now through Monday in store online at raku dot com when you use the promo code Initials. Discount doesn't play with toppers, but it does everything else. Thank you, Radco. He's also sponsored by our great friends at Great Clips. If he wants to say, you can tweet at Marni Gelmer and tag at Great Clips through the end of Sunday, and one lucky winner is gonna get one year of free haircuts at Great Clips.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Radcoe. I wonder why two sponsors wanted to jump on with aj.
Speaker 4: I wonder.
Speaker 3: Zach Elberson.
Speaker 4: You're one of the sneakiest players I think in Initials history, because you are continuing to climb the points ladder, the wins ladder. Now you're in the title game. Uh, what a sleeping giant. We may have woken up with Zacharyhoalberson. What happens if zach wins today?
Speaker 1: Well, Core, I am once again sponsored today by our friends at Seventh Avenue Pizza.
Speaker 3: You can add on over to your local.
Speaker 1: Runs and buyer leies and take advantage of the buy one, get one free sale going on all weekend long.
Speaker 3: At seven Seventh Avenue Pizza.
Speaker 1: If I win today, tweet at Meat Sauce one and take Seventh Avenue Pizza through the end of Sunday, and one lucky winner will win one hundred dollars to put towards Reesock in their freezer with Seventh Avenue pizza.
Speaker 4: Mike Grim, you are here really because of John Krasinski. A year ago Johnny Athletic got five points in round one and lost.
Speaker 3: Who beat him again? Zacho?
Speaker 4: You? Zachary might have been I think it was you, and I'm like, man, that's a lot of points for a guy that doesn't advance. So we said, why don't we just mix it up and add a wild card. This year Grimmer.
Speaker 3: Got a wildcard and look where you are now.
Speaker 4: You might be the champ after John Krasinski inspired me to have wild cards this year. Chris, what happens if Mike Grimm takes a wild card pass all the way to the title.
Speaker 2: He spots today by our good friends at ABC American Building Contractors.
Speaker 3: If he went today at Mark D. Parrish, that's you. Mark D.
Speaker 2: Parrish and Tag at ABC will help through the end of Sunday and one like you wonner is gonna win a one YEARLLAR Visa gift card. Thank you, ABC American Building Contractors.
Speaker 3: Right there, there's a home version of this.
Speaker 4: You can go to initials game dot com and get four and five help me and a billion of version four five is getting a little low, and I don't know if we're going to reprint it this year, so you better hurry up and go to Initialsgame dot com. And also, hey, shout out to Fargo Initials Game Live dot com. You can play Initials all over the Greater Twin Cities area and beyond in bars and stuff. It's super fun initial Game Live. But we just had Fargo sign up. So that's the twentieth bar that's signed up and it's the first one in North Dakota.
Speaker 3: W Yeah.
Speaker 4: So Ron Swanson apparently a big fan of it in Fargo. What seventy four thousand dollars might change somebody's life?
Speaker 7: Okay?
Speaker 4: Uh that the vault over there has the final packet and maybe the the key to somebody's life getting much much better.
Speaker 3: It is time for the jackpot.
Speaker 1: Now, it's time for the Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials Jackpot.
Speaker 3: One eight hundred three two zero five three, two and six.
Speaker 2: The Saint Paul Federal Credit Union Initials Jackpot is currently seventy four thousand dollars. Are you looking to buy a new car save money in your current carloon?
Speaker 7: Do it?
Speaker 3: With Saint Paul Federal Credit Union.
Speaker 2: Now, if Frank Carlon writes his low six point two nine percent, apply today at Saint Paul's U dot org slash cafe in federally insured by the NCUA.
Speaker 3: All right, so this is packet two.
Speaker 4: Last week Tyler had the choice between one and two. He took packet one. So Packett two is the finals list.
Speaker 3: Again.
Speaker 4: If you guess the initials correctly, you win the jackpot. Thanks to Saint Paul Federal Credit Union. You win seventy four thousand dollars. But if you just get one in the right spot, it's got to be in the right spot. You still get two hundred and fifty bucks for just telling me one letter.
Speaker 3: That's pretty cool as well, that's sweet.
Speaker 4: It goes up five hundred dollars every week thanks to our friends at Saint Paul Federal Credit Union. Let's see if somebody wins seventy four one thousand dollars today.
Speaker 3: Good morning, What is your name and where are you from? Dean from Rochester? Dean from you?
Speaker 4: You pronounced Rochester strange for a guy who's from Rochester.
Speaker 3: But that was fine. Dean, who cares? I thought I was doing great.
Speaker 4: A Dean from Rochester is going for seventy four thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Dean, just say the right letters, man, you can do this. Which one are you on? All right, let's go with.
Speaker 4: B K Okay, hand say the first. I know the second one's K right, But what was the first one?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 3: B B is burger k k Okay, Now you go.
Speaker 4: You're going BK for a shot at seventy four thousand dollars. Dean from Rochester is guessing BK. Does he I have at least one right for two hundred and fifty bucks? And is he alive for seventy four thousand dollars?
Speaker 3: Yeah? The machine?
Speaker 4: Oh no, Dean, you have won at least two hundred and fifty dollars.
Speaker 3: How do you feel about comm Come on, Dean, I feel wonderful for a Friday? Yeah, pretty good? Right, I like it.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so you have at least one right, You're just one letter away from seventy four thousands.
Speaker 3: It could be it. This could be a guy dollars.
Speaker 4: My favorite part, Dean, when when this happens? When when I hit the we Got one button, everybody in the room turns their eyes to me because they're trying to read me like a poker player. They're trying to They're looking for tells. They're trying to see like, is he acting differently? Is he doing something that tips his hand? And this is worth seventy four thousand dollars? What do you guys think based on the way I'm acting? You think he did it or did not do it? I't face the service for the game. I think I want Dino to win this.
Speaker 3: I think come on, give it to Dean. Well, there's a one in twenty six chants, right, he buy himself a new house down to Rochester. In Rochester? Can we ask say Rochester one more time? What city do you live in?
Speaker 1: Dean?
Speaker 5: Rochester?
Speaker 4: The weirdest thing, Aaron rod a d all Right, Dean and Rochester is going for seventy four thousand dollars. He's guessing BK. Is he the third ever jackpot winner?
Speaker 3: Or is he stuck with two hundred and fifty bucks? Machine? Dean? I have good news for you and bad news. Oh come on, I can't wait.
Speaker 4: The bad news is you lost, But the good news is you are two hundred and fifty dollars Richard, Sorry, Dean, nothing wrong with that Dean and Corey.
Speaker 3: You can't do two fifty man, that's what he does. I gotta make it dramatic. At seventy four thousand dollars. Somebody in that room, I got a buddy, I got it. Don't you worry. I got you. Play this game. Still this game, Dean.
Speaker 4: I went with BK. One of those two is correct. That's why he won two hundred and fifty bucks. The one that was right is the B B is correct. We're going B P, the letter B and then the letter P. That is the combo for Game five forty and the twenty twenty four Initials Invitational Championship. Zach Elverson, Mike ram Aj Monster, here we go. Best of luck to all these gentlemen.
Speaker 3: Number one of BP.
Speaker 4: Clue number one previously wrapped. Clue number two is somewhat wrinkled. Clue number three is cut open. Clue number four is.
Speaker 3: Oval or round.
Speaker 4: Clue number five is temporarily steamy.
Speaker 7: I don't clue clue number six.
Speaker 4: These are considered soft and fluffy, especially after time in an oven.
Speaker 3: AJ Baked Potato.
Speaker 4: I went all six plenty of shots for the underdogs to jump in there.
Speaker 3: Baked Potato gets the.
Speaker 4: Champ previous champ, at least not last year's On the board, AJ has one with baked potato.
Speaker 3: Here's number two of BP.
Speaker 7: Clue number one.
Speaker 3: Dedicated for a specific purpose.
Speaker 4: Clue number two is associated with exercise.
Speaker 3: Grim yep byte path. That's right, that's grimmer. There we go, the grim Reaper on the board. How was a quick one? All right? Grim has won?
Speaker 4: A J has one, Zach, you had to score ten items to go Championship of twenty twenty four.
Speaker 3: Here's number three of BP.
Speaker 7: Clue number one come.
Speaker 4: In many forms, shapes, and sizes. Clue number two can be handmade. Clue number three often considered thoughtful. Clue number four.
Speaker 3: Can have sentimental or financial value. Zach, I'll take the head birthday present.
Speaker 4: Yes it is exactly all right, okay, birthday present. No confidence, that's the right answer.
Speaker 3: I had it after a woman. It was like it seemed too obvious.
Speaker 4: Exactly birthday present, and everybody has one where even through three?
Speaker 3: Nine to go. Here's number four of BP.
Speaker 7: Clue number one.
Speaker 4: Has a strong connection to Vietnam. Clue number two is small and round. Clue number three, one of the words is a color A j yep blue pill. AJ out for the rest of four. Clue number four ads heat. Clue number five is associated with grinding YEP, black pepper, black pepper.
Speaker 3: Grimmer takes the lead, that is black pepper. Grim has two. Vietnam produces like the most pepper.
Speaker 7: That's the connection to Vietnam.
Speaker 4: I don't think there was a soldier named black Pepper in the Vietnam War.
Speaker 3: There might have been, what do I know? Grim has two chewables Agent maybe definitely add some that Grim has two and the lead Zach has one. AJ has one. Here's number five of b P.
Speaker 4: Clue number one first existed in the twentieth century. Clue number two previously scrambled.
Speaker 7: Clue number three.
Speaker 3: Once considered irrelevant. AJ yep rock Party.
Speaker 4: That is Niners quarterback Brock Party, who was born in.
Speaker 3: Nineteen ninety nine.
Speaker 4: He has previously scrambled, and he was once mister Irrelevant, so he was once considered irrelevant. AJ figured all three of those things out and brock Party gives a his second point. AJ has two, Grim has two, Zach has one. We're almost halfway through the game. Here's number six of BP. Clue number one can be lowered.
Speaker 3: Grim. I should go for it. Blood pressure, that's right, I mean you didn't. You didn't even hemitate.
Speaker 4: There's no gamesmanship there, Grimmer with blood pressure waiting on that one.
Speaker 3: No, it just clicked.
Speaker 4: Wow, dude, all right, Grim at the halfway point has the lead. Grim has three, AJ has two, Zach has one. The trophy right in front of all three of them could still be any of yours.
Speaker 3: Here's number seven of BP.
Speaker 7: Clue number one.
Speaker 4: This is a place. Clue number two has cards. Clue number three, one of.
Speaker 3: The words is sometimes.
Speaker 4: Haul aj YEP three two billiard's parlor. No AJ out for the rest of number seven. Clue number four features balls. Clue number five This involves gamblingnal Clue Clue number six. You might hear someone scream the fact Zach five or three bingo parlor.
Speaker 8: Yes, yes, Zachary both.
Speaker 4: Of your points you had zero confidence in that's a bingo parlor.
Speaker 3: That all right. That was a big swing of momentum.
Speaker 4: AJ could have tied it up, but instead Zach gets the second point and we got a tight one. Here we're through seven. Grim, you have three. The other two fellows, Zach and AJ each have two. We have ourselves a championship route. All three of you guys seem worthy of being here. You're all playing very well. Everybody ready. Here's number eight of BP Clue number one, used to create a stock.
Speaker 7: Clue number two.
Speaker 4: First patented in eighteen fifty four but modernized in the late twentieth century.
Speaker 7: Clue number three.
Speaker 3: This features a flange.
Speaker 7: Clue number four.
Speaker 3: This involves a liquid.
Speaker 7: Clue number five.
Speaker 3: This is associated with extraction.
Speaker 7: I no clue clue number six.
Speaker 4: This device is often used by nursing mothers.
Speaker 3: Yep, breast pump.
Speaker 4: That's right, that is a breast pump, and we have a tie at the top.
Speaker 3: What a game? A tie at the top was not a euphemism for a breast pump.
Speaker 4: Grim has three, AJ has three. You guys are tied, Zach, You're just one back. There's four to go. Everybody is right in this one four to go for the title. Here's number nine of BP. Clue number one is hand held number two features three distinct sections Clue number three.
Speaker 3: These are not.
Speaker 4: Inherently dangerous, although it sounds like they should be.
Speaker 3: Zach, Zach for the tie. Bomb pop.
Speaker 4: That's a bomb pop, and we have a three way tie.
Speaker 3: Through nine all three of you have three? What a title game? This is sick?
Speaker 4: All right, three to go. Title on the line for all three of you, three to three to three. Here's number ten of BP. Clue number one not all are essential. Clue number two it's illegal to buy these for the lead body parts. Zach Halverson is one away from winning the title.
Speaker 3: Zachary, Zachary, Zachary.
Speaker 4: That's a body part. Here is the situation, Zach. You have four, The other two fellows have three. There are two to go if you get either of the remaining two right. Zach Halverson is the twenty twenty four champ. Grim and AJ going for the tie, Zach trying to walk it off. Here's number eleven, Zach going for the title. Number eleven of BP.
Speaker 7: Clue number one.
Speaker 4: Is sometimes associated with health. Clue number two is relative to the standard.
Speaker 7: Clue number three.
Speaker 3: Can be associated with performance.
Speaker 4: Clue number four this involves expectations.
Speaker 7: Clue number five falls short.
Speaker 3: Zach for the title ballpark.
Speaker 4: Expectations, All right, Zach out for the rest of eleven.
Speaker 3: We're down to AJ and Grim.
Speaker 7: Clue number six.
Speaker 4: Golfers get birdies to go visit AJ below par.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's below par All right, what a what a dramatic situation we have here.
Speaker 4: It's as simple as this, Grim, you need this to force an unbelievable three way tie breaker.
Speaker 3: Zach, you get this right. You're the champ. AJ. You get this right.
Speaker 4: You're the champ AJ going for the title. Zach, going for the title, Grim, going for the tie.
Speaker 3: Here's the final item.
Speaker 7: Twelve of BP. Clue number one.
Speaker 4: Features numbers and letters.
Speaker 7: Clue number two.
Speaker 4: Could include thirty four C and thirty Zach for the win, boiling point. No, Zach, you want to ring interpass boiling point incorrect. Let me finish Clue two, Clue number two, Grim for the tie boarding pass pass, Wow, man boarding pass. We have a three way tie brack breaker for everything.
Speaker 3: Wow, Zach pass. I probably could have taken more.
Speaker 4: I did thirty four C and thirty six D as a joke to throw you guys off.
Speaker 3: Thirty four point.
Speaker 4: I know those are just sounds like broadside seats on a boarding.
Speaker 5: I had it as something I was doing, what plane, something plain like exactly.
Speaker 4: I was, oh, got it, my gosh, all right, well, all three of you have four points.
Speaker 3: Whoever gets this one right wins?
Speaker 4: No don't forget there's only three clues in a tiebreaker.
Speaker 3: It's a little bit more to the point.
Speaker 4: And because all three of you were in this, clearly, if you were going to get it wrong, your opponents don't get to hear the rest of them. You still have two of you battling. Whoever gets this right is the champ for twenty twenty four. All three of you fellas ready, Yeah, here we go the tiebreaker for the title b P Clue number one often digitally thrown or dropped strategically.
Speaker 7: Clue number two, this is yellow.
Speaker 3: Final clue.
Speaker 7: Clue number three.
Speaker 4: In cartoons comedically caused me agent for the title Banana Peel Job.
Speaker 8: It's so many chances to take out the goat and AJ with banana peel is the twenty twenty four Initials Invitational Chances Man, Good job, sweat man.
Speaker 3: They had so many chances. Gotta cut them off at the yell. That was it.
Speaker 4: The man Banana peel and AJ wins his second Initials Invitational Championship. And you know, Grimmy, you you have to play for the win, right. You can't give it to Zach. But once AG's out at twelve, if Zach just gets it, it's over. But man, you got to give yourself a chance. Oh banana freaking that was one of the all timers. Man, you guys were awesome. Well deserved a j again. We were all floored that that Nordo and Gerdsey got you last year. Man, you had a gauntlet this year of unbelievable matchups.
Speaker 3: You had Rim twice. Yeah, and you almost got them both times.
Speaker 4: These days, one of these days. Both of them are legit. They are no Fluke to Grim or Zach anymore. I mean it's not like it's not like they you know, lucked their way here. Both of them are beasts.
Speaker 3: Wow. Man, that was a close one. That's a good man. What Zach's so mad at missing?
Speaker 4: I think a couple of them because he knows he had a one point lead with two to go and the last three, right, he needs eleven twelve or the tiebreaker to win it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he might have just driven home.
Speaker 2: He's back there doing his bit, Hey Chris, yes, sir, oh yeah, yeah, yeah, get say it off.
Speaker 3: Wow, a couple of them, that's right.
Speaker 2: Sponsored by Radcone radco dot com. So he wants you to get ten percent off your entire order now through Monday and so or online at radco dot com. Would you use the promo code Initials discount doesn't apply to toppers. Well done, there you go, Thank you radc radco dot com. Also the great people at Great Clips. He won AJ did so you can tweet at Marni Gelner, g e l l n e r at Marne Geliner and tag at great Clips today through the end of Sunday, one of you is going to win one year of free haircuts at Great Clips thanks to AJ.
Speaker 5: Interestingly enough, I'm pretty sure confident of this. That completes the sponsor grand slam for me for the tournament. Here seventh Avenue in the first round, ABC in the second round, okay, and then you randomly got both the other ones in this one, so everybody gets paid.
Speaker 4: We almost like you were at a bingo park. That's a hell of a humble brand. All of the sponsors got a tip of the cab at some point. That'll do it for the twenty twenty four Initials Invitational. Age it wins for the second time in three years, we'll we'll run it back again next year. And I think, man, you know, Zach was like the tenth or eleventh or twelfth seed.
Speaker 3: Grimmer.
Speaker 4: You're definitely taking a jump next year, no doubt about that. You're gonna be much much higher next year.
Speaker 3: Where did you start this year? Yeah, you're gonna you're You're making a leap for sure next year. Well done, yea, thank you for putting the work in for this. Yeah, I appreciate it, man, Yeah, well done. A good one.
Speaker 4: And the guy got two hundred and fifty bucks for from Rochester.
Speaker 3: Rochester. He hey, he lives there. I don't even say the hell he wants. You know, he's saying it right. I doubt it. But whatever, do what you want. I got it.