Speaker 1: Both is made and cast.
Speaker 2: This is full blown all American election night covering.
Speaker 3: That's a long step up from Tyranny.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, national and federal results. Prepare for a Yankee Dudo evening.
Speaker 4: This is going to be a flag waving production.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Democracy's Big Night, Democracy Show playing on the Nation station. All this is Election Day seven hundred l Delas.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking to myself, there are parts of me that wish that I wake up tomorrow morning and the last four years was just a bad dream, Like when Oh Bobby ewingutch Or Jr. Got shot on Dallas, Gary Jeff Walker and Dan Carroll on Election Night twenty twenty four, after what I believe has been a four year campaign for President of the United States of America, because it all began, This campaign totally began, especially for the Republicans and Donald Trump, when it was announced that Joe Biden had been certified as President of the United States. And tonight we sit on the precipice of another decision. Tonight is all about results and decision. We're not going to have a whole lot of results between now on nine o'clock, but you never know. We could be gladly surprised or sadly surprised. It is no secret to those of you who listen to us on a regular basis here on seven hundred WLW that Dan and I have definite opinions about who we would like to win. But it's not about campaigning tonight. It's about assessing the campaign, and it's about where we go from here and how do we get there. Of course, the electoral college count that counts as two seventy. If it hits two sixty nine a piece, which is a remote possibility but a probability as close as all of the pundits and polls say it is, then it would go to the House of Representatives. You thought twenty twenty was a mess. I can't even imagine that scenario, especially if the Democrats retain or get back control of the House of Representatives, which we will also find out, probably sooner than we know, who is going to be the next president, either the former president Donald Trump or the current Vice President Kamala Harris. Dan Carroll, it's great to be with you tonight. It's a very exciting night. But don't you kind of wish it was all just a bad dream The last four years.
Speaker 5: You know this is the super Bowl. It's all been leading to this. I know I wish that Joe Biden would never have been elected president. I don't think I still to this day, do not believe that he was rightly elected president. I think there was a lot of shenanigans that went on with a twenty twenty election. But we know we're not here to relitigate that, although if the mood strikes, maybe we will.
Speaker 4: But I uh, I'm.
Speaker 5: Forward, Dan forward. Know I get jazzed up about this time of year every year. And I mean the the pre production in that intro. I mean, I've never been part of a show that had something like that.
Speaker 4: Well, plus I never heard it, so I.
Speaker 5: Know I was like, yeah, let's go, but let me. You know, one of the things that I talk about a lot is the First Amendment. And if people like Kamala Harris and people like Nancy Pelosi and people like Chuck Schumer have their way, you know what our intro would sound like tonight? No, our intro would sound like this, Carrie, Jeff, It's great to be here, been preparing for the.
Speaker 4: Show all day.
Speaker 5: We got some great topics tonight, I've got a great new recipe for some fluffy scrambled eggs. There's a funny story about dog and traffick and tips for protecting your tender vegetation on these frosty day and.
Speaker 4: Breaking news Indiana reporting with one percent in Indiana, Donald Trump is leading seventy three to twenty eight or something like seventy to twenty eight over Kamala Harris. We can call it now, No, I don't think so. It's I mean, the polls are just closed in Indiana and Kentucky. Kentucky's actually got some numbers up right now. They remain open in Ohio until seven thirty. Is that I believe seven thirty is is the time. So we will, among other things, be talking to someone who was very familiar with the voting process in Ohio, good friend of ours west Side Jim Keefer, who has once again been tapped to be a truck commander at the Board of Elections, bringing the ballots in and taking the ballots out and taking them back to the Board of Election from separate polling places around the area. And that's the kind of thing.
Speaker 5: That's the kind of thing that I think that this election is that I think this election is going to have over what we had in twenty twenty is guys like Westside Jim and two hundred and thirty plus thousand people who were trained by the Republican National Committee to go out and be poll watchers, to go out and report, to jump on issues before they become big, and make sure that they don't get big, to expose these things to the light of day and don't let them fester under the surface. And all of a sudden you've got all these votes that get counted, and they're in there and they're baked into the system. And I really think that Wattley and that Laura Trump have been doing a great job as the chairman the co chairs of the GOP, because to my way of thinking, this is something that the GOP should have been doing a long time ago, was working on election integrity issues.
Speaker 4: As of four point thirty this afternoon, nationwide, eighty four million, two hundred and thirty three thousand plus people had already cast their ballot in early voting, so the turnout has been heavy on election Day many places. My wife and I voted in Southgate in our regular polling place at the Southgate Sydney Center this morning about nine o'clock, you've got your sticker on. It was a yeah, I've got my sticker on, and I didn't where might kiss me? I voted sticker tonight because I knew I was doing the show with you, and I.
Speaker 5: Don't thought you might be tempted. They didn't supply those at my pulling.
Speaker 4: No, it's a very, very kind of loose thing in Southgate. But anyway, there was not a long line, but there was a lot of traffic. There's more traffic than I remember at a normally sleepy little polling place in little Southgate, Kentucky, than it was in twenty twenty or twenty sixteen. A big turnout today that people have estimated as much as seventy eight percent of registered voters may actually show up for this election.
Speaker 5: That would be a good number. I would not be surprised if that number is higher, just anecdotally. I spent a good part of the day with a large Trump flag affixed to the back of my motorcycle, and as I visited more electioneering, I know I was just I'm a private citizen. I can do what I want.
Speaker 3: Sure.
Speaker 5: I wrote around from polling place to polling place, and I knew a lot of people that were working at the different polling places, and they tell me they anecdotally that and these are people that have been there a year after because generally speaking, when you go to vote, you probably see the same people there, same poleward. It's just about a year after year. And so these people have been there for years, they've done this multiple times, and they're to a person, they're all telling me that this is the most people they've ever seen. And where I live in Anderson Township, we normally have very good election turnout, even for the off year elections. So plus upwards of seventy eighty percent, I would not be surprised at all.
Speaker 4: And you know what bad things happen when you have low voter turnout in elections. We see it all the time. We see it all the time in Cincinnati. I mean when they're voting on an issue and it's an off election or a non presidential election year, nineteen percent fifteen percent turnout and truly dreadful things get passed by fifteen percent of the electorate.
Speaker 5: Well, sir, and the people who put those dreadful things on rely on that to happen so they can get these dreadful things passed. All they got to do is get their people out and not worry about the other people. But the other thing that I think is different this time around is that by and large, you've got the candidate who embraced the whole notion of early voting that had not happened before. And my buddy Mark Lotter was on CNN yesterday. Mark Lotter is a guy that used to work for the We used to work for Mike Pence. He was part of the Trump Pence team when they ran for reelection. He was in the White House with Donald Trump and Pence. And here's what he said on CNN yesterday that really got my attention. He's saying, based on the numbers that he's seeing from the early voting that for Kamala Harris at the math doesn't work. The Democrats are down one point seven million early votes in the battleground states. In urban areas, there are down one point four million votes in battleground amongst women and also amongst women voters. Rural voters have outperformed in the early voting by over three hundred thousand, and that generally favors Trump. And so these are all votes that are out there that were not there in years past. And those are huge numbers when you consider that it's a you know, a three hundred thousand voters who come out in the rural areas. You know that that's a huge swing compared to years past. And so he was talking about how Democrats win their races early and Republicans generally win on election day because the turnout is big for Republicans, certainly on election day. And he was saying that the margins that he was looking at just don't add up for the Democrats in the battleground states. So if that analysis is correct, which I hope it is, they think it could be, you know, maybe not as late of a night as we think.
Speaker 4: About with a huge turnout which we're all expecting and what we've seen so far, Dan, how does it affect the down ballot races? How does it affect the race, say, for example, in the first district between Greg Lansman and Orlando's Sanza uh And and does Orlando actually have a chance to take that back for the Republicans.
Speaker 5: Well, that was the thing when when Biden got elected in twenty twenty, and the analysis of that was that Biden had no or very very little coattails. So it was a meaning that he did not take a lot of Republicans with him down the ballot. So you had you had that dynamic going on. And so when when the turnout comes and it's going to be interesting, it's it's hard for me to imagine someone coming out and voting for Trump and I'm not voting for and A lands An Orlando Sonza or voting for a Moreno, someone like Bernie Moreno.
Speaker 4: So I'm like, that is the other big race. Shared Brown and the packs surrounding and supporting Shared Brown with the campaign money have spent million. I think it was as much as four hundred million dollars has been spent between the two candidates.
Speaker 5: Most expensive Senate race in the country this year. I don't know if it's the most expensive one ever, but I'm but I mean hundreds upwards of four hundred million dollars.
Speaker 4: As someone who supports generally conservative or right leaning candidates, when I saw that, I mean, I knew very little about Bernie Marino except that he was a car dealer in Cleveland and that Trump had endorsed him. Shared Brown was hitting the road in June. In July with campaign ads lots of campaign ads. It was like, I was so sick of the shared Brown adds, and I'm going, where are the Bernie Marino ads? Because they didn't they didn't break till late in the game, and all the allegations about Bernie Marino as a businessman and shady guy and all the other and and then more recently the abortion issue, which is again going to be pretty huge in this election in several races, you know. Uh, even with that, from what I understand, the shared Brown Bernie Marino race is close, is very close. Is that Is that the President Trump factor?
Speaker 5: I don't know about that, but I think I think that's more of a factor when I look at what happened to Marino, because I was at an event towards the end of the summertime, and the people that spoke at this event and current including the current Attorney General of of of the state of Ohio, yep uh, they were they were doing what they could to pump up Marino. They were and they were talking about how you know it's still early, you know, seven eight points behind, we can make that up. So I think it's more of a factor of the traditional people who involved themselves in politics were Normally people don't start paying attention to politics until what until the end of summer, until until Memorial Day or Labor Day. So I think I think that's what worked in Marino's favor, and and the and the you know, the polling here in the last month or the last you know, six sevens has shown it very close as they has shown a huge trend for Marino. And you know how hard it is generally hard. I think that's why some of the lot of the late money came in on both sides of this campaign to jack up those numbers.
Speaker 4: Well, I mean, and do you know how difficult it is historically to unseat an incumbent solder. The Senate is full of the one hundred most powerful people in the country, and it's it's almost like you have to find them in bed with a horse, and maybe even that doesn't doesn't kill their campaign.
Speaker 5: Well, it's you know, I was going to say, it's harder than getting a word in edgewise when you're sitting across the table from Cunningham. That's that's a difficult no, no, that that's politics one o one right there. And the power of the incumbency is is just something that they can, especially in the more the more local the races. I mean you look at the I mean that there's a lot of names. I mean the ballot I filled out was two pages long. Yep, both sides of the paper and uh and and and you.
Speaker 4: Vote in what county? Hamilton County, Okay, you vote in Hamilton County. I voted in Campbell County. In ours was both sides, right, It was a two sided ballot. But even someone who pays attention, there's going to be some names in there that.
Speaker 6: That got it.
Speaker 5: I don't know this name. I don't know this And so that's why the power of the incompascy and name recognition is such a key thing.
Speaker 4: Well, certainly we've got Issue one in Ohio, Amendment one and two in Kentucky. They're both big ballot issues and a lot of money has been spent, and they're trying to put down issues, especially Issue too in Kentucky, which of course is the school choice issue. Kentucky's one of only two states in the nation that doesn't have some form of school choice for parents and real competition with public schools.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 4: And Issue one in Ohio about the drawing of the districts, well that that amendment is such a mess.
Speaker 5: At my polling place today, it's at an elementary school, and there was a I want to say, not a billboard, but you know, a corkboard, right, a sorting board, big bigger than one of these TVs here, and they had the full text of Issue one opened up up on a piece of paper on this billboard or on this uh this.
Speaker 4: Right on this courtboard, and it took up the whole board.
Speaker 5: I mean it was like you know, you know those when you open a thing of drugs and you and you start unfolding the piece of paper in there and it winds up getting like like big as a map of the United States. Certainly, this thing was unbelievably huge and will it was in the full text.
Speaker 4: And the language is not average person town discern exactly what this this amendment or issue says. And they do that on purpose, They write them that way on purpose. I'll tell you what a mess? What an about? Let's take a break, Gary, Jeff Walker, and Dan Carroll on election night. Results are starting to come in. We're going to get to those between now and nine o'clock. Rocky Boyman is behind the mic at nine for his double dip today. As Willie would say, he's not a show horse, He's a workers And we continue on election Night on seven hund WLW. But do you see how traffic it is? Election Night, Gary, Jeff Walker, Dan Carroll with you on seven hundred WLWR. Coverage will continue throughout the evening from the seven hundred WLW newsroom, updates from ABC News and several special guests along the way. The polls have closed in Indiana and Kentucky, and we have results or not full results, partially partial results as we as we go through the evening. In Ohio, the polls remain open until seven thirty. The first voting in this twenty twenty four election occurred, of course, in Dicksville Notch, New Hampshire, where the six residents split three each.
Speaker 5: If I'm not mistaken, Biden swept Dixville Notch really or it might have been five to one something like it was. It was a lopsided victory. So in other words, the margins have narrowed. Well, I mean, if they're a precursor for the rest of the country, then we see things have changed.
Speaker 4: We have our first guest of the evening, doctor Carol Lieberman is a forensic psychiatrist, and I mean board certified. She's just an amazing, amazing person who's probably seen her on Oprah or The Today Show or Fox News or CNN, And we wanted to talk to doctor Carroll tonight, namely about the candidate's body language and what it says from a psychological standpoint. Doctor Lieberman, good evening, and welcome to our election coverage.
Speaker 3: How are you good evening?
Speaker 8: Fine? Thank you, as fine as one could be on a day like.
Speaker 4: This, America's psychiatrist with us. So tell me, doctor Lieberman, what do you look for when you're looking at candidate's posture to reveal about their emotional state at the time.
Speaker 8: Well, the first of all, faith, that's you know, that usually gives out lots of clues. Second of all, you know, for example, I was analyzing the debates and so like the vice presidential debate, Vance had this really strong, uh posture, good posture. You know, he looked like I called him, like the captain of the ship. You know, he looked like he knew what he was doing. He wasn't going to be uh disturbed or you know, bothered by anything that even though they even though that the moderator has worn one hundred percent fair. But he wasn't gonna let that bother him. He had you know, he was sure that what he wanted about what he wanted to say.
Speaker 4: What about the assistant coach governor of Minnesota vice presidential candidate.
Speaker 8: Tim Walltz, Yes, the one who lied about being Antiennamin Square and all that. Yeah, he looks very nervous. You know, you can also telp not before looking, you know, at their uh, like if they're if their eyes are shifting, or if they're you know, moving around, moving their hands around in a nervous kind of way. You can also tell, like the average person can tell even if they don't know all the different specific kind of things to look. More like whether their hands are closed in front of them that means they're closed off or wide open or you know, they're all there's all these little tips, all these little ways of looking at it. But the average person, anybody can look at a person and you know, like in a debate or like just you know, watching them and how you feel when you look at them. So like with with Advance and Walk, when you looked Advance, you felt secure, you felt calm, like he calmed you. When you looked at Waltz, he made you nervous because he was so nervous.
Speaker 5: What do you make he was moving around a lot during that, Doctor Lieberman, What do you make of.
Speaker 4: The vice president's incessant laughter at weird moments?
Speaker 8: What do you make of that that is a symptom of her imposter syndrome? I believe No. I haven't examined her one on one, and I don't particularly want to meet her, but she has imposter syndrome. What that means is when someone doesn't feel as though they are really as good or they represent what it is that people think that they are, so you know, they know that they're hiding something. And with Kamala Harris, she never had the qualifications to be anything. When she was in California. She only went up through the ranks because she slept with people, you know, with at least one person, the mayor of San Francisco, and he helped her move up the ranks. And then when Biden picked her to be his vice president, it wasn't because she was brilliant or she had these great idea It was because she was a black woman and he needed those segments of the population to vote for him.
Speaker 4: Isn't that ridiculous? Isn't that iculous?
Speaker 8: And she's living because she's uncomfortable. She's always afraid of being found out. Someone with imposter syndrome is always afraid of being found out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I love that. I love that analysis. I had a on my social media feed this morning. There was an individual who put out there that he turned his TV on and he recorded there was a commercial of three or four different individuals who claim to be psychiatrists or psychologists and that they have analyzed Donald Trump and they're calling him a narcissist and all these really nasty things. And my response, my response to this individual was is that don't worry about it, because the likelihood that these people are really doctors is probably remote at best. I don't see how any self respecting individual with the title doctor would go on and do a commercial like that and claim to be able to diagnose someone simply by looking them out on TV.
Speaker 8: This is a commercial, not an interview.
Speaker 4: It was a commercial. Oh wow, for what it's worth.
Speaker 5: I was telling the guy not to worry because they're probably fake doctors. Like everything else in this campaign.
Speaker 8: I know about this this group of supposed to psychiatrists and psychologists, they were around for the twenty twenty election, and they were calling him a malignant narcissist. And it was so outrageous because yes, is he a little narcissistic. Sure, but you know, you kind of have to be to run for president, you have to think you're pretty great or else why would you want to be the lead this country? You know, and would hope you would think you had good things to share. But these people, these therapists, so called therapists, got together in a group, they formed an organization and they were calling him a malignant arcissistem believe in arcissist is someone who isn't just you know, doesn't just think a lot of himself. It's someone who is going to use that against other people. And it's really outrageous because they never met Donald Trump and they're just now granted I have said things like I have said things about well, I just said something about Kamala Harris and explain that I've never met her. They don't go through that. Well, actually some of them do what they say, though they get around that by saying that they call themselves duty to warn at least they did in twenty twenty. Duty to warn. And what that has to do with is when you have a patient and the patient tells you that they're thinking of killing somebody, you have a duty to warn the person who they say they're going to kill and the police. And so they're trying to get around the fact that they never met Trump by saying, well, we have a duty to warn Americans that.
Speaker 4: He Well, what what is your overall analysis of Donald Trump's body language?
Speaker 8: Well? He you know his dancing. You gotta gotta love him dancing, right, I mean, he has some very he keeps things kind of close. You know, he he's similar to a dance in that he gives this.
Speaker 9: You know.
Speaker 8: He's tall, I mean he stands tall. The thing about Donald Trump, if you only knew one thing about him, it would be that would show who he is. It would be what happened when he was shot in in when here, you know, he didn't know how badly he was shot. He felt, uh, blood coming down his face, He saw blood. It could have gone into his brain for all he knew. And and what did he do? He got up even though the secrets were trying to push him down. Keep him down protected his supposedly, Uh, he got up and what did he say? Fight?
Speaker 9: Fight? Fight?
Speaker 8: Now in that moment, he didn't have time to plan what he was going to say. I don't think he got up that morning thinking, huh, what am I gonna say? Am I get shot? So it was totally natural. And by saying fight, fight, fight, what he was saying was if I die, you know, if I'm gone, you people keep fighting. Fight fight fight, And the way he said it was just so you know, he gave me shows and that's who he is.
Speaker 4: Doctor Laberman. We thank you for your time tonight. It's great and uh we're gonna sit here and watch the results and report what we know. In just a few minutes, Georgia will close at seven thirty Ohio's polls close. We've already seen more than eighty four million votes early votes as of four point thirty this afternoon, and there was so much more to come. But again, I appreciate your viewpoint and your expertise. Well, thank you as a real doctor. There a real doctor, Dan. It's six fifty one or so on this election night, Gary Jeff and Dan Carroll.
Speaker 5: But speaking of body language, Yes, did you see the video of Kamala Harris when she was supposedly knocking on doors.
Speaker 4: No, I know that was the last minute thing that she was doing in Pennsylvania.
Speaker 5: This this was last night c Span was was presenting this video, and there was at least it looks that the houses that she showed up that looked remarkably the same, which if they're in the same neighborhood, they could look very much alike. But I saw a total of her at two different residences knocking on the first door. The woman comes out and gives her a bit as if they've known each other for fifteen years, a big hug, and she's going there carrying on and on and on, and the husband comes out. And then there's another shot of her talking to a man and his wife and maybe their teenage son, and it looks like they might be on the side of the house, and at one point she says, can you can we go back inside so I can actually knock on the door.
Speaker 4: That's not staged at all.
Speaker 5: Okay, fun if the if a presidential candidate is going to go walk around the neighborhood and knock on doors, can't you at least be authentic about that? But I mean when the when the person is already standing outside and you know you're not getting the shot of you knocking on the door, you say, can we please go back inside so I can knock on the door?
Speaker 4: I mean, come on. It can be very effective campaign tool.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 4: I know when I was in Tennessee years ago when Lamar Alexander, who ultimately became a senator and you know, power player in the Republican Party was he was running for governor, he literally walked across the state of Tennessee in a campaign and knocked on doors. It can work. I got elected. Amendment won, by the way, in Kentucky is passing, and that is requiring you to be a citizen of this country to vote. What a concept. And I can't imagine that that's not already a law on the books in the Commonwealth. But they had to pose it as an amendment in this election. Amendment too, which is the school choice Amendment. The last numbers I saw it was going down. The no's were fifty eight percent, the yes's were forty two percent. And this is all about the strength of teachers' unions in Kentucky. They got Bashir, they got Andy elected a second time, partly because they want to keep their grip, especially in the rural counties of the Commonwealth. There are plenty of other races in the local area that may be affecting you where you're listening tonight. In Kentucky, Steve Doan is winning his in the sixty ninth their district. In the Kentucky House, Stephanie Diets is winning hers, Kimberly Moser was winning at last check, and Chris McDaniel, who is an Army vet running for Kentucky State Senate, as an early lead to again. Those polls have been closed for about fifty five minutes now as well as Indiana. We're getting Indiana results in Kentucky results, of course, no Ohio results until after those polls close in about thirty six minutes. Dan, So their last words here, Now, that was a very good report there. Indiana has about just over ten percent in and Trump is leading Kamala Harris fifty seven to forty percent. All right, Dan, that number has moved. It was seventy at the start for Donald Trump, and it will move down a little bit. But Indiana is not expected to be a swing state. It's not supposed to be in doubt for Donald Trump or the Republicans really, but that's the first double digit number we've seen. Report And in Kentucky at five percent has Donald Trump with a sixty eight percent lead at this point over Kamala Harris. Will take a break and come back more Election night coverage. And Rick Robinson, who has a lot of experience with campaigns over the last forty to fifty years, a lot of experience in Washington, DC. He knows how the machine and the swamp works. And thanks to watch for as we go through the evening tonight and the results come in seven hundred WLW iHeartRadio twenty four.
Speaker 1: This quote is made and cast.
Speaker 2: This is full blown all American election night coverage.
Speaker 6: That's a long step up from.
Speaker 2: Tyran local, national and federal results. Prepare for a Yankee Doudo evening. This is going to be a flag waving production. Welcome to Democracy's Big Night Democracy Show play on the Nation station.
Speaker 10: All this is Election n.
Speaker 4: Seven hundred WLW with Dan Carolin'm carry Jeff Walker on Election Night on seven hundred WLW. Indiana, Kentucky, and Vermont have been called at this point. Florida getting results in from Florida it's very very close still in the Sunshine State, and Georgia has now had polls closed there as of about ten minutes ago, and it's way too soon to know what's going to go on there. Wanted to have a political veteran on tonight. And by the way, Scott Sloan just text me a few moments ago and said that Boris Johnston and Stormy Daniels are doing election night coverage on Sky News, just in case you want to trip over there. This next gentleman spent a lot of time, lived in DC for many years and knew the power brokers, knew a lot of the politicians, some presidents, and just to get his perspective on things that he is watching for tonight as the results come in. His name is Rick Robinson. He is a lawyer and an author of great book, actually several great books. Is latest this past year was nineteen sixty eight about how nineteen sixty eight shaped baby boomers and what was then and what is now and drew some comparisons and some parallels. We welcome in Rick Robinson.
Speaker 11: How you doing, Rick, Gary Jeff, It is so exciting to be here on the first episode of Decision twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 4: The first episode of Decision twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 11: Okay, I and I really want to have if we go back to the beginning, Dan, I really do need your recipe for fluffy eggs.
Speaker 10: I just can't it.
Speaker 5: I was well, that was and I was making a point there about the first Amendment that if the you know a lot of these people who are in charge now in power and Congress hold on. Matt Reese has now entered the original update for it. Matt Reason has got an update. Election update. What do you got now?
Speaker 12: Good evening, you guys wanted to get you updated. NBC News now projecting Trump to win the state of Kentucky.
Speaker 4: We already had that.
Speaker 12: You had that good and about Indiana, So we're good. You make sure you've got that, and we're find what about Vermont? Vermont? To get to that, But I wasn't sure if you were on the edge of your seat over Vermont. Well, okay, guys, I don't you know what we're on the edge of our seat over any any numbers.
Speaker 4: No, no, I know that this is This is dedication of the seven hundred w l W News staff. Even though we may give you information, they're here to reiterate, and in case we don't have something or don't have something right, they're here to correct us. Did you bring your big your big, your big swater which you used to correct me? But you remember back in Matt Adams, you used to correct me all the time. You had a fly swatter and when I'd say something Matt didn't like, he'd just hit me with it.
Speaker 12: I don't remember that something, but it does. It is interesting that years ago doing this, you know, you're you're here with all of the technology right in front of you. There was a time when the news people had the really the access to it, and the people on the air did not have that. Uh, and so they're on the air doing a show and they don't know exactly what's just him. But you've got laptops in front of you, all of the TV set, you can see all of this stuff. So you know what, I'm going to assume you are going to get it in real time.
Speaker 4: And you know what, Dan said that he also has crystal balls that he'll be gazing into from time to time during the evening. I'm only here un till nine o'clock, all right. Rick Robinson wants Fluffy Eggs. Rick Let's Matt anytime SEVENLW Newsroom. That guy's the best. You'll have an update again in five minutes, I guarantee you.
Speaker 6: Dan.
Speaker 4: So, Rick, what what were you about to say before we were all rudely interrupted.
Speaker 11: Well, the first thing that I'm going to look for tonight, Gary, Jeff, Dan and I think you have to watch for it every time because it's never predictable, is that I want to look for a wave. Is there a wave happening that I don't see coming? Gary, Jeff, you and I have. I talked about it several times on the air. They just don't show up in polls. So I'm going to be looking at a lot of local races, a lot of small things that are happening here and there, And if suddenly I see somebody who should be winning that isn't, or there being some big variation in a race that I've been watching, that's going to be an indicator to me that something bigger is going on.
Speaker 10: Now, I personally don't think a wave is happening.
Speaker 11: I talk with a friend of mine, Tom Dunn, who has been a press secretary in a lot of campaigns out in Arizona today and He was telling me that tickets splitting out there is going to be the order of the day. In fact, he thinks that Trump is going to win Arizona, but that Carrie.
Speaker 10: Lake is going to lose. So you're going to have a lot of.
Speaker 11: Tickets splitting going on there, which usually does. It is an indicative of a wave. So that's one of the things I'm going to be watching.
Speaker 10: I'm going to take a look at this. I'm going to look at the.
Speaker 11: Early results coming in in some of these races.
Speaker 10: Things that are happening, things are going on.
Speaker 11: If I suddenly see some upsets, that's going to raise a flag for me that something bigger's happened.
Speaker 4: In Georgia, they've counted some one hundred and sixty five thousand votes and Kamala Harris is slightly ahead of Donald Trump. Does that tell you anything at all?
Speaker 11: But you know, when it comes to early returns like this, the tough thing that's hard to do, Gary Jeff is to look at it and go where are they from?
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know it's three percent.
Speaker 11: Well it is in well, yeah, but is it coming from Atlanta? Is it coming from the southern part of the state. And if it's coming from areas that are read and reporting early. Ooh, that could be bad news for Donald Trump. If it's coming from Atlanta, she better be up by bigger number than that, when you know, bigger percentage by that at the end of the night, if she wants to cover carry Georgia.
Speaker 10: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I think what makes this year especially interesting, right is that we have a dynamic in this election that we really haven't had before, and that is the large Republican turnout in the early voting. And so far it looks like the early voting has gone as good as Republicans and the RNC could have hoped for at this point. And I think, you know, perhaps the traditional way we expect things to go maybe is not what we're going to see a lot of tonight.
Speaker 11: It's again even when you're looking at it, because you're looking at when you look at the early results, and a lot of the states as early results Alsoude for Inskentucky is a good example. They include the early results include absentee and.
Speaker 10: So again it's.
Speaker 11: Hard to tell what that number coming in early there, but it does bring up its sister state, which is.
Speaker 10: The second thing I'm going to be watching.
Speaker 11: We had Gary Jeff and I were on last week and a buddy of mine called in from North Carolina who's working on the lieutenant governor's campaign down there. Yes, And one of the keys for Donald Trump to go back to the White House is he has to.
Speaker 10: Win North Carolina.
Speaker 11: The problem in North Carolina with the Trump campaign isn't Donald Trump. It's that they have a governor's race in that state that the candidates are the voters, and the Republican Party has literally walked away from the Republican goubernatorial candidate. So you talk about tickets splitting being an issue, you have a.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you very easily could have it. You could have Cooper win and Trump win, is what you're saying in North Carolina.
Speaker 11: Absolutely absolutely, Well. But I guess the other thing Gary, Jeff that I'm asking is will Mark Robinson bring down Trump's numbers?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I hope not.
Speaker 10: Something you have to welcop Well.
Speaker 4: Usually usually coattails aren't from the bottom race up, they're usually from the top down.
Speaker 11: Right, Normally you would normally you would think that, but this has not been and will and is not going to be a normal election.
Speaker 4: Well, I believe that it's been going on for so long what what are the other things that you might be looking for, Rick Robinson as the results come in tonight.
Speaker 11: The ten states where abortion's on the issue, Arizona, Colorado, Florida, Maryland, Missouri, Montana, Nebraska, Nevada, and New York South Dakota.
Speaker 10: Are they going to up? Is that upping to turnout?
Speaker 11: You know, this is a race that when you come down to it and when you look at it in you know, twenty years from now, there's a lot of things that happened in this race, but everybody's going to talk about that this race involved two issues, immigration and abortion. The winner may be shitting back on election in twenty years ago on somebody will be saying, well, they want because of this issue one of the two. And I'm going to watch and see if in those states, if there's a larger turnout that's happened going on in any place else.
Speaker 10: An other thing I'm going to be watching, and.
Speaker 11: This is a big issue for me that I watch every year on election night, and that is the Latino vote. Now, the Latino vote has been interesting over the last couple of years. And I really hate to say the Latino vote because there is no Latino vote, and it's the different people within the Latino vote.
Speaker 10: That vote different ways.
Speaker 11: Cubans, for instance, have always been traditionally Republican, some of the others Venezuelan's Puerto Ricans have been traditionally Democrats. Both of them have been moving in the opposite directions though over the last couple of years. And so you take a look what will there be If you look at Florida, for instance, if you look at Miami, that is the Cuban vote, that is not the Latina vote.
Speaker 10: If you look at what is like the you've been down.
Speaker 11: There and you know where the B Line Expressway is. It rouse from Tampa to Orlando and.
Speaker 10: Over to Daytona.
Speaker 11: If you look at that pat that's the Puerto Rican vote, that's the Mexican vote, that's the Venezuela And those are the votes that are in there that are going to come in and again those have been traditionally Democrat. They've been tending trending Republican over the last couple of years. Did the Madison Square Garden.
Speaker 10: Do anything to that?
Speaker 11: Will that have an impact on what's going on in Pennsylvania. That's going to be a place to watch is where small numbers can come back and forth and surprise people.
Speaker 10: Yeah, the fifth thing that I'm going to be go ahead, No, you know, you go ahead.
Speaker 4: You had another thing.
Speaker 11: Well, the fifth thing that I'm going to be watching is Pennsylvania.
Speaker 10: I mean, how can you.
Speaker 11: Not watch Pennsylvania If you look at the easiest path to two seventy for both of the candidates, Both of the easiest paths include one or the other winning Pennsylvania. So you could talk about the sun Belt, you can talk about the Rust Belt, you can talk about everything else, but the easiest path for both of them, both of them have to win Pennsylvania.
Speaker 4: For the easy path, here's a shocker for you, Rick, here's a shocker for you. Bernie Sanders has been declared the winner in his re election of the Senate Vermont. There's a shocker.
Speaker 11: Well, well, I'm laborer going out on the edge and giving giving Trump Kentucky and Burnon Sanders, etc. Let's hope we can dig a little deeper on some of these ones as we go forward. You can tell you know, the ones that get called Early's.
Speaker 5: What we said earlier. It is tough to get those incumbents out of there, man.
Speaker 4: Yeah, And then that's that's the issue in Ohio was Shared Brown and Bernie Marino. No matter how well or or not well President trum does in Ohio, he indoors burning Marino, and Marino has closed the gap on Shared Brown. But as I was talking earlier, it is one of the most difficult things in the world to unseat an incumbent senator.
Speaker 11: Yes, it absolutely is. It's tough to get that person out there. And I got to tell you from the standpoint of watching campaign ads, and I used to used to write a bunch of campaign ads, and when I saw the ads coming out of Shared Brown's campaign, especially the ones that were hitting Moreno about the lawsuits and the executive pay and everything else. Moreno never responded, and he left that allegation out there.
Speaker 10: He left it hang out there.
Speaker 11: There was no response. There was nothing else. I think that's going to have an impact on the race.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I think that one issue is what hurt him more than anything in Ohio this time around.
Speaker 4: Rick, I appreciate it. I appreciate your expertise and your experience, and thanks for sharing the knowledge with us tonight, and we'll see what happens. I don't think we're going to have a result on the presidential race by nine o'clock, do you.
Speaker 10: Gosh?
Speaker 11: I hope not, because I'm going to be in bed by ten.
Speaker 10: I'm like, you know.
Speaker 11: I may get a bottle of wine out and start to and start watching some returns, but if I suddenly see things starting to.
Speaker 10: Be competitive, I may stay up.
Speaker 11: You know, Gary Jeff, one of the things my wife and I used to do in Washington was that, just because we didn't want to follow and everything, we'd always make sure we get tickets to a hockey game that night. Capitals, for some reason, always play in town on election night, and we would always end up being down the Cap Center watching the election, the result, watching the hockey game, and you know, we get home about eleven o'clock and then we decide whether we want to stay up and watch. So maybe that's what I'll do tonight. I'll turn one in America tonight.
Speaker 4: You're too good to ignore, man. I know we'll be talking again soon. Thanks, Rick.
Speaker 10: All right, take care, guys.
Speaker 4: It is election night. The results are coming in from around the country. We've got results, and we will continue to bring them to you as we progress. Gary Jeff and Dan Carroll with you on seven hundred WLW. Election Night, Gary Jeff and Dan Carroll with you on seven hundred WLW as the results continue to come in. Yes, no rock and roll archaeology tonight. No, I couldn't get the prop up. He's probably glued to the radio or the television watching the results come in as we are. Indiana, Kentucky called for President Trump, Vermont called for Kamala Harrison. The presidential race and George's poles are closed. Ohio's polls just closed about seven minutes ago. And without any further Ado, let's get to our friend west Side, Jim, the truck commander at the border of elections moving those ballots. How's it going so far this evening?
Speaker 6: Jimmy?
Speaker 9: Hey, Gary Jeff? What you say?
Speaker 3: Dan?
Speaker 4: How you say? West Side?
Speaker 6: Jim?
Speaker 4: Been a while? How you been, man?
Speaker 9: Yeah, it has been a while. I got to start.
Speaker 10: Calling in to you, Bud.
Speaker 9: So I'm saying, actually, I'm not at the Board of Elections, Gary, Jeff, I'm out on knee broad in del high So we're having a big party out here.
Speaker 4: Right, Okay, So, no truck commandering tonight.
Speaker 9: Oh No, I got the truck commander and I have three of our crew that are standing next to me listening to your pipes.
Speaker 4: You and Dan, all right, so what did you do today? You said you had to move a lot of heavy boxes.
Speaker 9: Well, not heavy boxes. I just had to go around to each little precinct up here to the since I'm a ward chair, and deliver the pink copies and make sure everybody's covered and see if they needed anything and stuff like that, and make sure we hit people at our polls to hand out those pink copies so people can we call cheat sheets, but it gives people an idea, especially on judges who to vote for it.
Speaker 4: What have you seen so far in the results or a turnout? Have you been well checking out the different pole places. Turnout? Yeah, turnout.
Speaker 9: Turnout's been really really big. I thought after the weekend at the Board of Elections, since there was seventy two hundred people out there Saturday and I think close to six thousand Sunday, and then they were busy all week I didn't think that the polls that people normally vote at were going to be busy at all. But yeah, they were stacked, man, I mean continuous, and I had a lot of people that were working to said, it was continuous, a little bit slow at different times because you know, people do have to work or things like that. But in the morning and at lunch time, and then after around dinner, people were coming home.
Speaker 10: From work and they hit those polls.
Speaker 9: Yeah, very very busy.
Speaker 10: Jim.
Speaker 5: How do you feel about overall election integrity here in Ohio? I think we've got such a good system here in Ohio, and I talk about it all the time that if you want to look at election integrity, Ohio is the place for other states to look. And you know, you were out at the polls all day today. I was cruising around different polling places. I didn't see any issues with that. During the course of the day. I didn't hear anyone talking about any of that kind of stuff. And wouldn't it be great if the rest of the country would look at the way that we do things here exactly.
Speaker 9: You know, Hamilton County, their security system is unbelievable. I mean when you get out there, it'd be nice if they could to take a tour and actually have it on the news. Of course, you can't do that and show people how secure it really is in Hamilton County and you place a vote and basically that's what we have on our truck tonight. We have the ballots, they go back to the GOE and there is a computer chip and of course they put those in the machine. That's how Hamilton County gets their results so quick. Most of the time they know by well dependence of managers get those hips back. But eight thirty nine o'clock now, I think it's going to be a lot later than that tonight because of the heavy load. But yeah, the security around Hamilton County is very, very strong. In fact, we have a deputy watching our truck. We have twenty five trucks that do what I do, and there's twenty five deputies that are actually guarding our trucks because it's that important to make sure somebody doesn't just like pull us over and take the.
Speaker 6: Ballots and things like that.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 9: Yeah, So they do a pretty good job out here.
Speaker 4: So how many how many years have you been a truck commander for elections in Hamilton County?
Speaker 9: Jim, I guess five or six somewhere around there. I got involved in it when I retired, and not that I wasn't involved in the heavy politics stuff. You know, you know me better than that, and I just got involved in it, and I figured I could drive the truck, and because I used to drive a truck, of course, and everything worked out fine, and I got I got a really good crow crew crow. Adam Taylor. He wanted me to mention his name, so I mentioned your name, Adam. So there we go, all right. He had a nice lunch at pryce Ol Chili. Today.
Speaker 4: That's yeah, there you go. That's the place right there. So what do you do the rest of the evening? You say, you're kind of at a party here. This is the after party. Do you have any other work you have to do this evening?
Speaker 10: Jim?
Speaker 9: Oh, yeah, when everybody, now seven thirty is over, and they start coming back here about eight thirty quarter nine with the ballots from twenty three precincts and we put them on a truck and we take them back out to the boe. And that's why they have that security, of course, to follow us out there. But once we get out there, we back into the dock, they pull the bags off and our night's over. Then the fun begins out at Hamblon County. They open them things up and they start, you know, checking and checking the paper ballots and goes from there.
Speaker 4: All right, well, I appreciate the update. I'm glad Adam Taylor got his shout out.
Speaker 9: Yeah, I wouldn't have lived it down if he's text me about three hundred times, you know how Adam is. And he said, please mention my name, but it's too late. Seven thirty. That was it.
Speaker 4: All right, fantastic, west Side. You keep it. You keep it straight on the west side for us, and we will check back if we need to.
Speaker 8: All right, well, thanks guys, you guys take.
Speaker 4: Care you too, west Side. Jim Keefer out on Neve Road the report from the front lines right there, the truck commander for election.
Speaker 5: Day, CNN is projecting Jim Justice will win the Senate in West Virginia, putting the Senate at fifty to fifty. If that holds tonight and Trump wins, that gives the GOP control of the Senate.
Speaker 4: In the early results from North Carolina, President Trump is down to Kamala Harris like seventy to thirty. But it's like two percent reporting right in the tar Heel state, so that's they're not calling any races there. Florida looks like it's solidly in President Trump's camp At this point in the Ohio House in UH District thirteen, Coughlin is leading there. South Carolina with nine electoral votes, says Trump. Handley ahead as you would expect, only four percent of the vote in South Carolina, and Fox News is calling West Virginia for Trump. Now, all right, well again, that's kind of like one of those expected races. Again. Pennsylvania is going to be key in the presidential race in North Carolina too, By the way, they have already called that race, that governor's race in North Carolina that Rick Robinson was talking about in the Challenger. Mark Robinson, the Republican failed miserably because of whatever scandal that was. I wasn't even familiar with the scandal until he brought it up. But was it something about porners?
Speaker 5: There was and I don't I've not looked into all the details of it, but apparently there was some some report out there. I don't know if it's true or not that some computer he either owns or used to own, or was in his sistance, you know, his control, had had all these porn sites on it, or porn searches or something to do with porn, and you know, Mark Robinson. I mean, the guy preaches in a lot of churches. He's, you know, pretty hardcore holy roller supposed by Bible plumper, huge Trump advocate.
Speaker 4: The Republicans have flipped, as you mentioned, the Republicans have flipped one house in this one seat in the Senate, and they need the majority of fifty one. It's now forty to twenty nine Republicans. Democrats in the United States Senate need fifty one for majority, as you know, two eighteen for majority. In the House of Representatives, the Republicans have locked in four seats, but no flipped seats there. And that's what you'll want to watch as the evening goes on in the House of Representatives, is if the Democrats can get back the majority in the House.
Speaker 5: So we don't have final numbers yet obviously on the election, but you want to know what numbers are final, What the numbers on media coverage. MRC Research has its exclusive polling and and they look at that. They look at this all the time. So they have their final numbers for ABC, CBS and NBC.
Speaker 4: As far as favorable or unfavorable coverage, favorable college or coverage for Kamala Harris seventy eight percent favorable, twenty two percent negative, which to me that twenty two percent seems like a pretty big number.
Speaker 5: For a Democrat. Yes, yes, that's eighty that's a pretty big number. The numbers for Trump, what do you think as positive numbers were two two percent, fifteen percent fifteen percent and eighty five percent negative coverage. That's pretty much that that holds with what the media, usually the mainstream usually does in the coverage. It happened in the last couple of weeks, but a few weeks ago that number was just a little bit over ninety because this has been a you know, a moving number all all the way during the campaign. And at one point, remember when they were going into the debate, for ABC, ABC news coverage was one hundred percent negative, one hundred percent negative on Trump. And that's when Hillary came out and said that the media needs to do more to have negative coverage of Trump. So, I know, so one hundred percent ABC negative news.
Speaker 4: Coverage, one party is campaigning to have the media, you know, just their opponent. Then that tells you everything you need to know about that the bias in the mainstream legacy media.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean one hundred percent negative coverage MAYBC is not enough. And at that point the negative coverage of Trump was above ninety percent for all the major networks, and so she was still out there giving them hard.
Speaker 4: This is amazing, but you don't know where the votes are coming from. In North Carolina, Kamala Harris has a sixty eight percent to thirty seven percent lead or thirty percent lead over Donald thirty percent lead over Donald Trump, sixty eight to thirty two percent of the recincs of reporting. But you've got a figure that's Charlotte, and that's you know, it has to be major metropolitan Saturday, not western North Carolina, which is huge Trump still too early, still too early to call North Carolina, just for comparison's sake, Dan, Okay, let's compare. And we're not looking at the same candidates obviously, because Joe Biden is somewhere on life support in.
Speaker 5: The in the White House right now. You know, we are not going to see Joe Biden at all tonight. Oh well, they really haven't seen him much. And when we have seen him, he hasn't been doing any favors for Kamala Harris. But here, here are the numbers in the swing states. Which are so important to the outcome of the presidential election from twenty twenty. In twenty twenty, the Democrats i e.
Speaker 4: Joe Biden one Nevada fifty point six percent to forty seven point six seven percent for Donald Trump. In Arizona it was Biden's by just a I mean, gosh of follicle forty nine point four percent to forty nine percent. In Georgia it was even closer, forty nine point four to seven forty nine point twenty four for Trump. And remember that was those eleven twelve thousand votes that Donald Trump said, now find me these votes. I know they're out there.
Speaker 9: Uh.
Speaker 4: Michigan fifty point six percent to forty seven point eight percent Biden to Trump. In Wisconsin it was which of course, Donald Trump won in twenty sixteen, and it's very possible Donald Trump could win Wisconsin tonight or in this election. It was forty nine point four to forty eight point eight. I mean it was point six percent of the vote. That was the difference. Pennsylvania fifty percent for Joe Biden, forty eight point eight percent for Donald Trump. Again, that's a state that could flip this time. Around four years later, in North Carolina. Donald Trump barely beat Joe Biden forty nine point nine three to forty eight point five nine in the early voting. It's just outrageously in favor of Kamala Harris though, be it it's only two or three percent.
Speaker 5: In actually, well, the number I'm looking at right now is actually less than two percent. Okay, so I'm not gonna hang my hat on.
Speaker 4: Georgia has twelve percent and Donald Trump is handily up. But you know, we that's probably not Fulton County, Atlanta.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm looking at one here, fourteen point four to six percent, sixty three to thirty six percent favoring Trump.
Speaker 4: In Indiana's House. In Indiana's House race the ninth District, Houchin, the Republican is leading right now, Aaron Houchin. And Indiana's a solidly read state too for the most part, so it's not surprising that the Republicans would remain in control. But again, not just the presidency up up for graft, but the Senate and the House of Representatives nationally, and the issues in Ohio, uh, their redistricting amendment or the issue one on that, on that, talk about talk about what that actually was. You did earlier you talked about how it was so convoluted and so long an explanation of what people were voting on that nobody could figure out heads or tails on Issue one in Ohio. Well, I had on.
Speaker 5: I had on Adam Berg, who's a state rep from Claremont County who covers Claremont County, parts of New Richmond and part of Highland County and all that, and I had him on, and really, I guess it was probably, I don't know, five or six weeks ago was the first time I had him on to talk about Issue one, and I had not done a whole lot of work looking at Issue one and trying to understand what it was. And when I got into and when I do this, the first thing I do is I go to the ballot language. I don't like. I try not to look with the partisan stuff. I'd like to think that I can read the ballot language and figure out what we're voting on here. But you get into the minutia of this Issue one ballot language and talking about you know, it seems simple that on its face that oh, you're going to select five Republicans, five Democrats, and five independents to all come together and do this redistrict. But when you look at how these people have to be selected and where they have to be selected from, and then how the person is uh you know, a former judge or whoever it is that picks these people out, and you get into all these little details. I mean it. Then that's what I told them. I said that the devil really is in the details in that And and Cunningham makes the point that this thing, that this one issue is longer in words than the Constitution of the United States, so and how And they don't expect voters to read it.
Speaker 4: Not absolutely, it's not all about it's all about how they dress it up.
Speaker 5: But their commercials, yeah, are very effective, talking about all ye put the power power to the people, put the power back in the people. Well, no, it doesn't put the power in the people's end. If you read and again I read. I read the ballot language before I colored in my little box earlier today. It talks about how these people who are going to be selected to draw these maps. You don't as a citizen, you don't have any opportunity to interact with them. You don't have any rights to uh, to talk with them, to have your voice heard in front of them, unless it's a totally formal and controlled setting, controlled the way they want it to be controlled. And then the hundreds of millions of dollars that have come in from far left, hardcore left wing extremist groups, from San Francisco, from Washington, d c. From all manner of places outside the state of Ohio, that when you add up all those sorts of things, it just tells you, you know, yeah, I do. I do not want to vote in favor of this. We look, maybe the way districts are drawn in Ohio right now is not the best way, but this is certainly not an answer.
Speaker 4: Couldn't they just apportion the districts by population?
Speaker 5: Well, I mean it's it's look, it's the way it's the way the laws are written and talked about. You know how you've got to have, uh, you've got to have all those balance. It's suppose all this proportionality, all this balance you're supposed to have in all these different districts.
Speaker 4: Come on, Dan, you just said, you just said, it's as long as a constitution.
Speaker 5: Boil it down. Boil it down in a minute for me, go ahead, in a minute. That's my point. Is if if you've got all this hardcore left wing money coming in from out of state, that should be a clue to a red flag that it's probably something that's best for them and not something that's best for you.
Speaker 4: And that you go from politicians jerrymandering the district to other people jerrymandering the district to their interest and and and it's an unelected, unaccountable group of people that this will.
Speaker 5: Yeah and put to task and you sign, you just criticize them, and you sign your your right away to have any influence over that group right right now. It's the party in power that draws the map. Okay, so uh, when if you got a bunch of Democrats that are drawing the map, guess what, You're gonna have a bunch of Republicans that don't like. If you have a bunch of Republicans that draw them map, then you're gonna have a bunch of Democrats don't like. And they can take it to court all day long, which is what they do. And then and then the court comes back and says, oh, you're going to do it again. You gotta do it again. But they look, I don't know if there's a better way to fix it.
Speaker 4: But this is certainly not the way. The North Carolina vote is not moving at all. It's says in three percent sixty eight point two for Kamala Harrison, thirty point seven percent for President Trump. We will continue to watch it all as we go through the evening. It's seven fifty five. Election coverage continues on the Big One, seven hundred WL up. Lady's crazy there and Anderson Townships. And you told me he had walk up.
Speaker 5: This is his walk He's one of the really the only guests I have that has his own walk up music.
Speaker 4: I think this is a band called Romeo Void. Never say never. I played this when it was new. Every time I say that when a song comes on the radio and my wife goes, well, I listened to it when it was new, I said, I know I was talking to twelve year olds like you at the time. Andrew Pappas, good evening, and thank you for joining us for a few minutes.
Speaker 6: How are you, gentlemen, good evening, Thank you for having me, How are you well?
Speaker 4: Thank you for being had?
Speaker 5: We're good, Andrew, you had you had a long day out at the at all the polling places on the East Side of town give us a report from the front lines.
Speaker 6: Well, I will say this.
Speaker 13: You mentioned you were talking about the efficiency of the vote here in Ohio, and I have to second that some minor hiccups here and there, But here in at least in Anderson Township.
Speaker 6: Everything was went well. We didn't have any major.
Speaker 13: Kerfruffles, other than some minor skirmishes with Democrats over their interpretation of rules and procedures outside the polls. But besides that, I had a minor discussion with a current state rep running for reelection regarding a placement of signs at the polling location. They didn't like the fact that I put the effort and energy into having a very professional and well done, well manned polling location. They tried to recreate that with some yard signs, which is usually not allowed on school property. And so anyway, besides that, everything went well. But I do Gary Jeff brought up a great point. You know, although the elections are the responsibility of each state legislature and not a federal.
Speaker 6: Issue, it would be nice if maybe there could.
Speaker 13: Be a conference of the states after every election, Maybe get the some official from the state to meet with of every state together to discuss what works and what doesn't work, you know, not necessarily establish a federal guideline. I would not be in favor of that, but you know, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to say our system works in euro just doesn't. I mean, it's not a question of pride, it's just a question of fact. And it would be nice if there was some meeting of the minds. Gary, Jeff, You're in Kentucky, and I saw some reports of touch screens not registering correctly in Kentucky.
Speaker 6: So I just think it would be nice.
Speaker 13: If it's twenty twenty four, we're the United States of America. Is there's some damned reason other than ranking competence or maybe on purpose, that we don't have a better uniform or at least widely adopted voting system here in the United States of America.
Speaker 4: Well, Andrew Pappus, how is it that in the nineteen sixties and nineteen seventies, when we were dealing mostly with paper ballots hand counted that we didn't have all of the issues we have here. And I know you go back to the nineteen sixty presidential election, which was reportedly stolen from Richard Nixon by the Democrats and mayor daily in Chicago, pushing John F. Kennedy Junior or John F. Kennedy over the top. And we've had some questions before about election integrity in this country, but nothing like we've seen going back to two thousand in Florida with the hanging chads and the recounts and the court fights. And I think that was the real beginning of our election. Well, how can I say this election dysfunction are ed is a country? We but you've all got that, I mean, speak for yourself now, I mean I don't take any medication. I'm fine anyway, Okay, sure, but but we have this election dysfunction going back to well the last twenty years or so, it seems. And uh, and it seems like the more technology has advanced, the more convoluted and hard to discern it's become.
Speaker 13: Do you see that, There's no there's absolutely there's no question. Now you can make the argument that, you know, maybe the wrong numbers of voters has increased exponentially as participation rates have increased, but at the end of the day, the technology has far outpaced that. And you know, we saw reports today of polling locations now having to be kept open later because of abnormalities I saw.
Speaker 6: I believe it was in.
Speaker 13: Georgia they had recount or to the recount of thirty thousand ballots because the tally machine was unlocked and nobody noticed the door was open.
Speaker 3: It's just, it's just, it's it.
Speaker 6: And listen, this is.
Speaker 13: Bad for our country, no matter what the result is, because election integrity is key to our form of government. And I think that what happens is is when people question the integrity of the election, then you know, you get the you get the impression that your vote doesn't count, which isn't which there's nothing further from the truth, and participation rates go down and then sadly we get the government we deserve.
Speaker 6: And that's not good.
Speaker 13: So I would like to see a movement. I do not think that the let me fair. I don't think the federal government is the answer here. However, we have the way our system of government is set up. We have fifty individual pest beds of doing things, and the things that work should rise to the top, and other states should then emulate what works and discard what.
Speaker 6: Does doesn't work. And that's my point.
Speaker 13: And I don't see a big movement, and I don't see a big call from anybody in office, out of office.
Speaker 6: Or anywhere. Now, maybe I'm not looking in the right.
Speaker 13: Place to adopt a study of what works and what doesn't work. You mentioned Florida with the hanging Chad's bush. B Gore, Yes, and no one can forget, no one can fare to get the gentleman that was made famous by him holding the ballot up to the light trying to see, you know what if there was a dimple on the chad or not.
Speaker 6: I remember the guy's clear as day.
Speaker 4: Well he had those He had those coke bottled glasses too.
Speaker 5: Head and his eyes were spinning around in different directions too at the same time.
Speaker 4: He was amazing.
Speaker 5: But you know, Andrew, as we speak, and you know, Florida has eighty eight percent of their vote in already, so which is absolutely amazing. Give me one or two things that you're going to be looking at tonight or looking forward tonight as as the results come out and we closer to two hundred and seventy electoral votes for one of these candidates.
Speaker 13: Well, you know, I think the sentiment tonight and I'll answer that here in a second, But I think the centem.
Speaker 6: I think the entire country feels like it's in the.
Speaker 13: Waiting room of a doctor's office and they just got tested for an STD called kamala idio and they're.
Speaker 6: Waiting to see the results.
Speaker 4: So what is what is the name of that malady again, Andrew, kamala.
Speaker 13: Idiot, kmala idio?
Speaker 4: I got to write that down, But yeah, that'll that'll definitely, that will definitely give you an election dysfunction.
Speaker 13: Yeah so, but given given that, what am I looking for tonight? Listen, I'm I'm hopeful that we did Ohio Listen, I am. I am only control my very small sphere of influence, and I think the Ohio Republican Party did a great job here in the state to try to get Bernie Marino to kick shared Bryan Brown.
Speaker 6: Out of office.
Speaker 13: Some may be watching that race very closely, and then locally, I think that the most most important race that I'm going to be watching is obviously Melissa Powers versus Pelletr for prosecutor. Those are things that affect my life directly, I'm afraid to say, I am not I do not plan on trying to remain awake watching any news to see their update to tell me they still don't know anything, because I really feel this won't be decided.
Speaker 6: At any time tonight because of the very anomalies we've been discussing.
Speaker 13: Parylvania has I believe there is a precinct in Pennsylvania from what I heard earlier reporting that was a Trump stronghold.
Speaker 4: That the voting got delayed, and now they.
Speaker 13: Have to stay the polls stay open because of anomalies, and now the poles in that precinct, which is a very heavy Trump area, have to stay open un till ten PM.
Speaker 6: So it's crud like that.
Speaker 13: It's going to keep me from feeling confident or wanting to even attempt to stay up this evening and try to watch this Shenanigan's going on. And it's frustrating because of the very thing you said twenty twenty four were the United States of America. You know, maybe Elon Musk could put his brain power to inventing a better system and sell it to the states other than what they've been sold so far.
Speaker 4: Indeed, and when you're talking about Pennsylvania, which does not look fantastic right now for Donald Trump and gosh, the Senate, you know you've been talking about this, this race in Pennsylvania, the Senate McCormick versus the incumbent Bob Casey, and it's like a seventy to thirty split right now. And all of the pollings said this was a really close race that McCormick was closing in on Casey there, and it's supposed to be close in the presidential election in Pennsylvania. But you mentioned the because of the abnormalty or anomalies in the certain districts that are heavy Trump districts, they're going to be delaying those. Arizona, the State of Arizona, the Secretary State of Arizona about a week and a half ago said that they didn't expect to have final results in Arizona for ten to twelve days after tonight.
Speaker 5: That's crazy, that's not ridiculous though, well wait, wait, that's not only crazy and ridiculous, that's absolutely unconscionable.
Speaker 13: You should be the election official that the agency in charge of elections there, whether it be appointed by the legislators or whomever, should be fired. I mean that's instead, they should be fired and replace ten to twelve What did you say, ten to twelve days?
Speaker 4: Ten to twelve days after election day is what they guestimated when they would have a final full count that they could certify. That's totally unacceptable. That should be totally it's.
Speaker 13: Unacceptable and it should not be tolerated by either side, by Democrats or Republicans. We need, you know, we need a system. As you said, we discussed Florida eighty eight percent. You know, Florida has a lot of people, and they managed to get their results eighty eight percent in within an hour of closing the.
Speaker 4: Party electoral votes in Florida.
Speaker 1: Correct. Correct.
Speaker 13: So I'm I'm I'm at some point we all can agree we have a problem. When are we going to agree to address and fix the problem. That's my question. That's a big question. I thought that you know, you you raised a great point. Florida bushby Gore was the beginning of saying, hey, things aren't working.
Speaker 6: We need to fix this.
Speaker 13: And you know, COVID threw a bunch of anomalies into the system, for sure because of the mail end ballots.
Speaker 6: But we've gotten away from that.
Speaker 13: I've read that I haven't seen the latest numbers, but they guestimated in Hamilton County here we were at sixty seven plus or minus percent vote participation.
Speaker 6: That's mildly upsetting to me. I'd like to see more than that.
Speaker 13: But I just wish that other states would say, have the cojones to say.
Speaker 6: What we're doing doesn't work. We're embarrassed by it.
Speaker 13: I would be completely embarrassed if I was the election officials in Arizona, and I would say, you know what, I obviously I'm unqualified for this job.
Speaker 6: I'll go work somewhere else.
Speaker 13: Maybe maybe you know, no disrespect, but maybe they should be, you know, sorting the mail or over at the TSA.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: Are you are? Are you still you still have your what kind of business? Does Andrew have a dry cleaning? I had had?
Speaker 13: I am, I am now completely and utterly and partially and happily retired.
Speaker 4: Yeah, he's retired now just to enjoin the f I had a. I had a. I had a few pieces that I wanted done and figured I could.
Speaker 6: I appreciate that.
Speaker 13: I appreciate that, and you know what, knowing that I might run out and reopen my store. However, that means plenty of places I could recommend.
Speaker 5: But yeah, Jerry Jeffers cash, it's cash upfront. By the way, so cash is king, Baby, I'm a bartender. What are you talking about anyway? Andrew, what were you going to say?
Speaker 13: I'm just I'm just hope everybody would agree, whether you're Republican or Democrat, at the end of the day, seeing what's going on nationally, put pressure on your legislatures in your states that this is not working. If you had anomalies in Kentucky, call up your state legislators and say, hey, listen, I don't know what kind of deal was worked with this system, but it's obviously got its issues. Can we go back to some other system that doesn't have these technological technology? Technology is not always the answer. Can we go back to something maybe a bit simpler, that works and doesn't have When I push here, it shows up there or in other states that you know, we have to stay open for ten or twelve days to count the votes. That's my only point. I hope that as a country we can agree on that. I will tell you this, gentlemen. I came home tonight from the polls, and you know what I is. The first thing I did, well, I'm tired. I'm genuinely tired. I took the time and I removed the yard signs from my yard because now the election's over and I want to get back to some normal.
Speaker 6: Left and TV use.
Speaker 4: I thought you just touched a major nerve with me. Andrew. I can't stand it when people leave the signs up days weeks after the election. It's like, absolutely, you're right. Like I started tonight, I said, the campaign is over, you know, and the results are coming in, and we're here to report the results. And Dan and I know what we'd like to see happen, but the campaign's over. I appreciate your help tonight, and thanks for chiming in with your expertise and your experience, and and I would join you in that call for us to get it together as a nation when it comes to election day. We used to have it together. What happened? I don't know, all right, Andrew, and thank you very much. We move along on this election night, Gary jeff and Dan Carroll, and the results keep coming in seven hundred WLW for Hamilton County Prosecutor Gary Jeffin Carroll on election night on seven hundred WLW, Dan, why don't you introduce our next guest.
Speaker 5: Our next guest is the president of the Conservative Caucus. He's been a great, great guest on my show, and at one time was the chief of staff for one of your favorite members of Congress, my representative Thomas Representative Thomas Massey.
Speaker 4: Who was unopposed in this reelection as well. He should be exactly nobody's better than Thomas Massey. Jim Faff, good evening and welcome to the show.
Speaker 7: Thanks for having me, And yes, it was an honor to work for Thomas.
Speaker 3: He is the bomb. He is. He's really great.
Speaker 7: So love Northern Kentucky and as the native Hoosier myself, it's always great to be on with y'all. As I grew up as Dan Nose with WLW and Reds, Baseball and sports are consequences, so this is always one of my favorite places to be.
Speaker 4: So what are you doing these days as President of the Conservative Caucus, Jim?
Speaker 7: So, we're building out and react re expanding a build out of our grassroots network nationwide. We were founded in nineteen seventy four by Howard Phillips, an icon of the conservative movement, and I came on in the beginning of the year they were looking for some new leadership. We've just been finished up about eight million dollars of Trump independent expenditures around the country, mostly in the targeted states, and we're just making people aware of how they can be effective at the local level to actually change politics.
Speaker 3: So I'm bringing over thirty years of.
Speaker 7: Experience in both grassroots politics as a general consultant for a while to.
Speaker 3: Try to help people get things done.
Speaker 5: So, Jim, a couple of days ago, you made a very bold prediction your on your X feed and you were looking at worst case scenario two hundred and ninety one electoral votes for Trump. Pretty bold prediction right there. Tell me why you feel that way and base based on even though it's still early, what we've seen so far tonight, how do you see things going and are they going in that direction?
Speaker 3: In full disclosure, I am a human being.
Speaker 7: I don't know everything, but I've been handicapping these things for a long time and I've missed it a few times. But I predicate this upon two particular states going trumpsway Pennsylvania, which I think actually may end up going solidly his way based upon numbers that I'm seeing. I'm connected with Scott Pressler and Foot Maloney who have built out this massive voter registration and get out the vote Pennsylvania.
Speaker 4: Unbelievable job there. Yeah, well, so far Philadelphia, Philadelphia, and Alleghany the fifteen and thirty percent respectively. And in Pennsylvania there's a solid Harris lead right now, but it's way early.
Speaker 7: Yeah, and it is because Alleghany and Philadelphia counties are coming in. Those are obviously heavily Democrat. But we've seen massive upsurgeon voter registration in that county as well. And I made my prediction before this data, but in that county as well, the early vote firewall in twenty twenty was somewhere between one point two and one.
Speaker 3: Point five million for Joe Biden.
Speaker 7: It's only about four hundred thousand for Kamala Harris right now. And Republican voter voter output and early voting is actually very very good. We're seeing long lines even today, I'm getting reports from there. So I think, I mean, my belief is that Donald Trump's going to win Pennsylvania. And I also believe he's going to win Nevada, where you always wonder if the SEIU is going to steal it so to speak, or you know, to do a massive turnout down in Clark County. But I believe that that the numbers.
Speaker 3: At least in my mind, indicate that he's going to get that.
Speaker 7: And of course I got him with Arizona and Georgia and North Carolina also in his column, So that's why, and that's how you get there. But I think he could do much better than that.
Speaker 5: What do you make so far of what Wattley and Laura Trump have been doing so far? We've been talking a lot tonight about voter integrity, and I mean I'm looking at some of the stuff that Wattley's been putting out over the last few hours, and I mean, this guy is trying to stay on top and any irregularity that he's seeing out there, they're responding to it right away. Is that going to be enough to make a difference tonight, Well.
Speaker 3: We'll have to see.
Speaker 7: I think there's a lot we don't know about, but one and and I'll also add to that your observations correct, Watley does seem to be at least up on these big things that have been taking place. Mike Davis of the Article three project was also praising him, and I trust Mike's judgment as well.
Speaker 3: I'm not close to Wattley, but.
Speaker 7: But you know, there's possibly some things we don't know about, but there is in this who kind of remember something. People on the Republican conservative, pro Trump side of things, they're going to be looking like hawks because they're already very worried about what may have happened in twenty twenty. I know in Pennsylvania that's one of the things that Cliff Maloney and Scott.
Speaker 3: Kreshler have added. And there's results.
Speaker 7: Because I've been on x spaces where they were documenting some things live and then just talking to the people that.
Speaker 3: Are on the ground around there.
Speaker 7: So I feel relatively certain that we'll be able to do some work to stop any problems. But you know, something big can show up, and I really do believe we've got in fact my organization. Over the next two years, we're going to spend a lot of time on election integrity because the way we do elections, this is Mark Elias's election, the Democrat lawyer Mark Elias. We run Mark Olias elections. We don't run American elections and we run Democrat elections. We don't run American elections doing all this massive mail voting. So we're going to have to change that, and therefore there's always a chance for a big problem that.
Speaker 3: I that we may not be able to anticipate.
Speaker 4: Well, I hope that you get some good sleep tonight, if that's possible, and uh, I hope that we wake up tomorrow with some positive results. Jim Faff, president of the Conservative Caucus, former chief of staff from my congressman in the fourth District in Kentucky, Thomas Massey. That I mean, I don't even I've never talked to you before, Jim, but that instantly makes you one of my favorite people. That you work so closely with Thomas.
Speaker 7: You are you don't you do know how blessed you are to have Thomas. Oh, I do as your stay rep. And so yeah, that's glad to be on And I love the big one WLW.
Speaker 3: I'm a big fan, always on your side. So just call pall me any time.
Speaker 5: And I'm glad that he great work, Jim, thank you very much. Great talking with to you, brother.
Speaker 4: And uh, a little bit closer to home, how about one of our favorite people. I know that he's one of yours and he always has been one of the little class to the show tonight, Huh exactly. And you can't get classier than Christopher Smitherman smithers, how you doing.
Speaker 1: Oh, I'm doing well. How are you guys doing?
Speaker 4: Fantastic? So, so where are you right now?
Speaker 1: I am at home, all right, at home.
Speaker 4: Good. I know you had a long election today. Give us a report from the front line.
Speaker 1: Well, look, this election is going to come down to which we are and this is not going to be rocket science like Georgia North Carolina. It's going to come down to places like Pennsylvania, Michigan, and Wisconsin. That's where it's going to come down to. And so as we look at Georgia right now, those races are are too close to call. But what I will what I will say is to me, it looks like Georgia is breaking for Trump right now. And so you know, Pennsylvania has already indicated from their governor. Governor Shapiro says, we might not have the results for four days. I don't know why we can't count votes, you know and give us you know, same day. So I'm not going to get into that, but I can tell you, so far as you and I are having the conversation, there have been no surprises right Ohio. They haven't called it. It's going to go to Trump. Kentucky and Indiana have already gone to Trump. You know, Vermont has already gone to the Harris team. There's nothing on the scoreboard that anybody is surprised as we're having this conversation. What is interesting is is when you dive down into the Georgia numbers, a lot of votes out of Atlanta have been counted, and so now you're seeing those rural parts of Georgia starting to weigh in. This could be a very interesting rate and I would say if Trump wins Georgia, very very dangerous for the Harris campaign. If he wins Nevada, very very dangerous for the Harrison campaign, because what it's saying here is that voters out there are saying they don't trust This is important. They don't trust the media. I mean mainstream media. The mainstream media has been saying all kinds of things, guys for a long time, over the last six months. And so what's on the ballot right now is mainstream media is on the ballot as well as this election itself. And so people have gone off grid, meaning they've gone into the influencers, They've gone onto all kinds of social network platforms. For this election. That is going to be very very interesting to me. So I'm watching Georgia very very very closely. Obviously, I think the hurricane is gonna impact here. I think Lake and Riley is going to be impacting in Georgia. Please don't go to sleep on that. They had a young lady on a college campus jogging killed by somebody who should not have been in our country. And so a lot of Georgia people are thinking about that. And we know that that state only only went to Biden by twelve thousand or so votes. So watch Georgia very very closely. If they called Georgia for Trump, the Harris campaign is in trouble. It's gonna it makes her pathway much harder to get to that two seventy nine.
Speaker 4: It may come down. It may come down to it may come down to Pennsylvania. It really may. And that is that scares the heck out of me, Chris, because as you mentioned, we may not know for a couple of days how the Keystone state has gone. Uh North Carolina, they're still waiting on results from rural counties that are heavily for Donald Trump. I wanted to ask you about these local races. I don't. I don't see any reason why other than party affiliation, why Melissa Powers isn't cleaning up in the prosecutor's race in Hamilton County. I just she's running against a person who at one time lost their law law license, is not known as being strong on crime and uh and you know, dealing out justice to criminals in county pillage. She doesn't have that in her background. And yet in the early voting county pillages ahead.
Speaker 1: So I think what you're going to see is that race is going to get a lot closer. And I can tell you as I talked to voters, there were a lot of Democrats who were voting for Prosecutor Melissa Powers. And I think you're going to see some of that as Heildon County, which is, as you all know, is a very very big county, and as those more rural counties start the weigh in, you'll see them going with Powers. The other thing I will share with you is there were so many traditionalists, you know, who approached me to say I'm only voting on election day, even though there was this big push to bank. I think you're going to see those ballots are now in trucks they're making their way to Norwood. They have not been counted, So those bags are on trucks and they're making it over to Norwood. They're being taken off trucks right now as you and I talk, and I think you're going to see those rule everything. You're going to see those numbers come in much closer. For Melissa Powers. I think she might pull this thing out. It'll be very very very very close. But I tell you those same things. I don't disagree that Pennsylvania is going to be a play. But if Georgia breaks with former President Trump because of the twelve thousand vote difference four years ago, that's incredibly dangerous for the Harris campaign because what's going to indicate with a city that has such a high population of African Americans that African Americans in there, meaning it would have to mean that the Trump campaign did much better in their performance with African Americans across the country. So not just that state, it's how well did he do in Pennsylvania when they started counting Pittsburgh votes and that then would I think that's going to be a tidal way for the Harris campaign.
Speaker 5: Chris, this campaign has gotten extremely nasty in a lot of different areas. And over the last couple of days, I've heard so much talk about you know, the you know, whoever the winner is, the country's got to come back together and and unite and all that kind of stuff. Did do you see any issues with that? Do you see that happening after this particular campaign? How do how do Americans put that behind them and then uh, all work towards what is hopefully the best thing for the country.
Speaker 1: It is really going to be about the tone that the winner says tonight, because I think we'll have a winner tonight, and and the and the concession speech of reconciliation. I'm conceding the election. All of that is going to be incredibly important. So you can't have somebody like you know, the president, the current the president of the United States, who called anybody who supported Trump garbage. You can't have that kind of language at all tonight. So it's gonna it's going to be all based on the concession and it's all going to be based on the winners language of how they try to unite.
Speaker 4: You do it, You do, in fact believe we're gonna we're gonna have a winner called tonight in the presidential election.
Speaker 1: I think I think I think we will have a winner tonight. I think that I think that Pennsylvania as they're counting these votes, as I'm looking at Georgia, if they were to call Georgia and then you see these areas that were hit by the hurricane where they say, hey, we're going with former President Trump, I think that's incredibly dangerous. Michigan, as you know in Dearborn, right, we're looking very closely at Dearborn. All this other stuff is NOI we already know what Detroit's gonna do. But if if the Middle Eastern community, middle Eastern Americans say, you know what, they decided that we want to go with Trump, I'm sharing with you. If they call Michigan tonight for Trump, you only have to win one of those Michigan or Pennsylvania in my opinion, that they'll start calling the election. You see the one to eleven already at the end of the day, it's the two seventy number.
Speaker 4: Chris Wee.
Speaker 1: Last thing I want to say, let me say one more quick scene quick. This is about the popular vote and the electoral vote. So people say, well, why is he in New York? Why is he there. He's trying to win vote. He's trying to win the electoral vote and the and the popular vote. So we had a mandate.
Speaker 4: Chris calling Chris Smitherman, thank you so much as always brother, Always great to hear your voice. Dan, thank you. Rocky Boyman is just on the other side of nine o'clock. And we'll see if Christopher Smithman is prophetic with his proclaimed proclaimant that Donald Trump or someone Kamala Harris one or the other will be named our next press election coverage all night long the seven hundred WLW I.
Speaker 1: Meanwhile, the