Speaker 1: I was in Las Vegas this weekend and I noticed something that I've run into an our field of work, and I thought it was really interesting. So I went to see a magic show on Friday night. And it was a very intimate magic show and it was probably forty people in the audience, and that's how many seats they sell, and the magicians are right up in front of you. I didn't sit in the front row, but I was like in the third row. And then afterwards, Susan said, go introduce yourself and tell them that you do magic. So I go up to these guys and they're probably thirty thirty five years old. They're very good and talented, and they've done millions of shows. So I went up and I said, yeah, Hi, I do magic too, and they're like, oh really, And I showed them my infamous ring trick where I take the ring off my finger and it disappears, and they're like, oh, you did that really well. And so I started talking to them and they were kind to a point. Then they seemed to get like, okay, bitch, move it along. Yeah we got to go well yeah, And it was only very slight, but I think in the business we're in. I kind of picked up on it because sometimes, and I'm just going to be real straightforward honest with you, if we're out at an event and we're trying to meet as many people as possible, sometimes there is a person I'm not pointing to any one person, but a generic person who will not stop talking, and they want to talk and talk and talk, and it's like there's a line of people behind you that also I want to meet and I want to say hi to. But you never want to give anybody the impression that you want them to move along? Am I making sense? Ye? But you've been through this, But you're new with this, Bailey. But Genny, you've run into this before too. Like we used to go like like at the Halloween party or the PJ party or on Booty Cruise or whatever. People will come up and want to say hi. And we're so or that anybody gives a shit about us enough to come up and want to say hi, that we want to be respectful, But at the same time, sometimes there's a line of people. I noticed this big time at Bailey's birthday party. That was the last big event really we've done like that, and so many people came up and wanted to say hi, But then there might be somebody up front who's talking and talking and talking while other people are awkwardly standing behind them.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I hope I never give you the impression that I want to move it along, but I was on the receiving end of that the other day.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I think the thing is is like we love to talk to anyone at events, but we also feel the pressure of other people behind you talking that want to talk to a way. So then it's like we try to figure out an easy way to be like, Okay, I'm going to talk to this personal They've been waiting for five minutes, you know. And so I think that's where it's like, yeah, we don't we never want to be rude about it, but we also want to be respectful of other people who came to the event, And especially like Bailey's event, that was like to hang out with the.
Speaker 2: Morning show, you know.
Speaker 3: I mean, maybe you really like beers, so you wanted to go to the brewery, but like events like our Halloween party, maybe they just want to go out and get drunk and dress up. But especially at Bailey's event, it's like people come there to chat with us. So then I start feeling really bad when someone takes up five minutes while there's like a few people waiting behind. Not five minutes, that's like not a long time. But some people really talk to you for about ten minutes. They are the longer and don't really get that there's other people that want to chat with you.
Speaker 1: And it's nothing like, you know, it's not malicious in any way. It's just and it's not even rude. It's just kind of like not aware that there are other people. So it was just interesting. And I hope we never make you feel that way if you meet us somewhere that we're trying to rush you along. But I will say on the occasional person that when I when seriously I feel so bad for the people that are waiting that sometimes they'll be like, okay, hey, tell me your name again, and they'll be like, oh, it's Bruce, and I'll shake their hand and I'll go, Bruce, it was really good to meet you. That's kind of the signal like, hey, we kind of need to wrap things up.
Speaker 4: Yeah, That's what I did at my party, where I would say, well, thank you so much for coming to my birthday party. It really means a lot to me, and I hope you have a good night. And that's how I tried to like end it so that I could move on to somebody else, right, And sometimes it worked, And then sometimes they're like, oh, well, you know one time you said this thing on the.
Speaker 2: Air and I was like, uh huh, so much for coming to my birthday party. It means a lot. I hope you have a good night. Oh then the one time you said okay.
Speaker 1: And I just go blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah, and I hold my ears like I can't hear you. All right, next one, Hello, it says Liz.
Speaker 3: Just listen.
Speaker 1: To the February twenty first podcast, Bailey was talking about her ideal way of meeting a guy. Bailey, have you ever done events and adventures? That seems right up your alley? And I think they still advertise on KATIEWB, so I'll bet you could get a partnership. I used to work with a girl who did events and adventures, and all of us married people would love to hear about the fun things she got to do and the guys that she would meet. It would be a great bit have the best day from Liz.
Speaker 2: I've never done events and ventures. No, I wouldn't necessarily.
Speaker 4: Be opposed to it, but the word adventure is an automatic turnoff to me.
Speaker 2: Not oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: I will tell you because I worked with them for a while. When I first started here, I did a glass blowing class fun.
Speaker 2: It was so fun.
Speaker 3: And I also did just like something at the Walker, just like a day at the Walker Museum.
Speaker 2: And coming out. So it's not like skydiving.
Speaker 3: There are a couple like maybe rock climbing or something that you can do, but it's mostly things that anyone of any capacity could do. So I think adventures is just to make it sound a little shiper than it might be.
Speaker 4: Whow yeah, because I an anytime I hear an adventure, I'm just kind of like, either it sounds too scary or it's on a dating app when a man says like I want someone to go on an adventure on which to me is an immediate ick and a swipe left.
Speaker 1: Why don't you like adventure? And I'm not trying to be like a dick.
Speaker 2: It's not that I don't.
Speaker 4: I don't mind like spontaneity and doing new things. I think that's fine. I don't want to do anything that's like dangerous.
Speaker 1: I see, so.
Speaker 4: Adventure to me is like skydiving, rock climbing like stuff where I could hurt myself and I am scared of everything, So I don't want to do.
Speaker 1: D Valley Fair. Would you go to Valley Fair?
Speaker 4: I would go, but I would definitely not be a fun date to Valley Fair, probably because I would only want to go on a handful of rides because i'd be too scared to go on the other ones.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, you're kind of saving.
Speaker 1: You sound kind of like Susan, and as she's gotten older, she's become less and less adventuresome. We were in Vegas over the weekend and I don't know if you've been downtown where they have the zip line all the way down to Breymont Street. It's literally like a half a mile long zip line and it's incredible. And I said, I kind of want to go on it because we're not doing anything. We're walking around, we're looking to the street performers, we're getting to, you know, a drink, and we're doing this. Let's go on the zip line. And she was like, okay, but I could tell she didn't want to go, and I didn't want to pressure her to go, so I said it's okay, we don't have to, and she gladly took me up on the non off of going on to the zip line. Not sure if you read this one the other day, but this one came in on Thursday. A long time listener to the show and podcast really never had anything interesting to say until you started talking about bizarre family situations. Well, I've got one for you. When I was younger, my dad cheated on my mom and left her for a woman who's ten years older than him. They've now been married for over thirty years. About six years ago, I gave my sister an ancestry DNA kit because she's really into genealogy. Long story short, we discovered we have a half brother from a different woman, not the one dad married. Apparently Dad got somebody else pregnant and her husband raised our half brother as his own. Oh here's where it gets even weirder. Over the past year, we found out my dad has rekindled the relationship with his half brother with our half brother's mom now that her husband has passed away. I asked him if he's still with his wife of thirty plus years, and he said, I don't know, I don't know. Let me read that again. I asked him if he's still with his wife of thirty plus years and he said, I don't know what. This whole situation could be a TV movie. Thanks for listening, Love y'all, With love A staff writer sticker. Oh yeah, we're gonna send you one. Don't worry so wow. You know, I think whenever we ask for like family secrets, yes, we always get the my dad got somebody else pregnant, or my grandpa slept with his wife's sister or something like that.
Speaker 2: That's juicy stuff.
Speaker 1: Though.
Speaker 2: I love hearing about family drama.
Speaker 3: But also like, how does her dad not know if he's still with his wife?
Speaker 1: Good question, I don't know, I don't details.
Speaker 2: You don't know?
Speaker 1: Now do you not know? Next email? Are you ready? How ready? Are you? You're really ready to really really ready? Okay, let's do this one. Hey, guys, remember your discussion about the All Chicken, all the Chicken establishments in Apple Valley. They are all amazing. However, Dave's Hot Chicken is superior, as it's titled Dave's Hot Chicken after watching Reels and TikTok. My opinion, you guys should dry Dave's Hot Chicken Roulette on your show. You order a platter of tenders of all heat levels from mild to reaper and see who gets what. Check out the videos. Just a fun suggestion, but a quick suggestion for a Minnesota goodbye topic. How do you guys feel about a spouse that gets up way earlier than you and then hits the snooze alarm so many times it wakes you up and screws up your sleep? Is it rude? What do you think doing? Stickers still for listeners? Enjoy your days. Much love from Chris. Okay, the chicken roulette things sounds fun until I would get the hot chicken and I don't want the reaper. I don't like that such it's so uncomfortable. I've done every kind of hot challenge. I've done ghost peppers. Yeah it sucks. Yeah, I don't wanna.
Speaker 2: Sucks more when it comes out. Huh it comes out?
Speaker 1: Yeah, well yeah, and it does. But I just, I mean, it's a great suggestion. I just don't want to, but I am intrigued by your partner that gets up earlier and hits a snooze button. That's rude. That's so inconsiderate that what Andrew does, Jenny.
Speaker 2: Yeah, tell me.
Speaker 3: He has an alarm set at six thirty every day, like every day of the week. So during the week, obviously I don't hear that because I'm up and I'm at work already. But on weekends he has that shit going off, and he is such a heavy sleeper that he doesn't.
Speaker 2: Hear it for minutes.
Speaker 3: Like I have to kick him every single Saturday and Sunday and like, hey, your alarms going off. And most of the time on Saturdays and Sundays he does sleep in a little bit. Like during the week, he works like very normal ish, well not normal hours, but he gets up and he starts working early. But on weekends he does like sleep in a little bit if he's able to. So I get really frustrated because it's like the one time we get to not have to be up at the as crack of dawn and I wake up to his alarm and he fucking does it.
Speaker 2: It drives me crazy.
Speaker 3: So there are specific days where I'll literally be like, turn your alarm off before we go to bed at night, because I'm not dealing with it.
Speaker 1: I don't blame you. Yeah, I think that's really rude. I don't sleep in the same bedroom as Susan does anymore, and I think she learned why this weekend. She's like, God, roll over, you keep snoring, and I'm like, I know, but I get up. My alarm goes off at four fifteen. I hit the alarm button. It goes off three times, four fifteen, four twenty four, and four thirty three, so every nine minutes. And that's rude to make her wake up three times.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So, but I think it's really rude for your partner if they just hit the snooze button and wreck your sleep endlessly. That's really rude. Yeah, very selfish.
Speaker 2: I don't know why Andrew doesn't just shut his alarm off on the weekends. I don't know either.
Speaker 3: I mean, he still tries to get up decently early because that's how he is.
Speaker 1: But yeah, and that is going to do it for the Minnesota good Bye. We could definitely use some more emails. So whatever you've been inspired to write in with. Maybe you met usine you thought we were rude because we talked about that earlier. Maybe you medicine you thought that, Oh my god, I didn't realize that I was like clogging up the line. Or maybe you med icine. You thought that we were super sweet.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Send an email to Ryan's show at KDWB dot com.