Speaker 1: Greetians and salutations everyone at rich Weels and welcome to Fantasy Baseball Live. Today is only the eleventh Saturday, about twelve forty in the afternoon here on the East Coast. We are not recording on Sunday, as we discussed yesterday if you listened to our Prospect podcast. But I'm here with mister Tim McCloud and we've got stuff to talk about for our normal Sunday show Tim on Saturday.
Speaker 2: Yes, we had our Prospect show yesterday and today doing the Sunday show, looking forward to it. Had a lot of fun yesterday. I enjoyed those segments immensely.
Speaker 1: It was amazing. I know we talked. I don't want to for everybody with the news, but I know we talked yesterday about the fires. So I've got the news on in the background and they've got these It was cool to me. They got this gigantic plane that's called a tanker and just flying.
Speaker 2: You know where they're from, Eh.
Speaker 1: They're from, Well, they were the first fifty first state. They're up in Canada.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's all our water bomber crews we've sent down.
Speaker 1: That is cool. I didn't know that, but it didn't actually dump water. It dumped something that was red, like bright red. I don't know what that is.
Speaker 2: It's it's some sort of fire retired.
Speaker 3: Wow.
Speaker 2: But those planes are those big water bombers that's part of our part of our fleet, and they get regular use up here. Well you've seen, you've seen the smoke from our fires.
Speaker 1: So yeah, yeah, oh, thank you very much. Appreciate that.
Speaker 3: You're welcome.
Speaker 2: So you know, oh, all's fair and love and smoke. I guess. So we've said, like huge continent down to try and help oat in California. Yeah, I got I've got to. I've got to compliment so many people on Twitter for thanking us as a as a country, the country Canada, for for going that extra mile, especially in light of some of the comments that we've heard through Twitter or whatever. You know, there's there's a lot of good people and a lot of people are very appreciative and as Canadians us what we do we help out our neighbors.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, very kind, very kind people. But I did not know that these water bombers were from Canada. I just I literally was looking at it and I don't know if they had another plane rid next to it or something. It was a beautiful view of what it was doing, and then it just dumped his red dye out and it's like, wow, that's really neat. It's like, hope it helps.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we call them super tankers, I believe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got the word tanker on the side of the airplane, so I'm assuming that fits. And then I guess that we've got the little helicopters that seem to be dumping water as well, so hopefully they're getting the handle and stuff. I haven't really watched the news today, but uh, what a mess. I mean, it's just it's awful, just awful.
Speaker 2: They need the wins to stop them, and nobody controls the winds, you know what I mean. It's that's out of our hands.
Speaker 1: Yeah, for sure, but we've got hopefully if you're out in that neck of the woods and not yet affected, hopefully that stays that way. But at least we'll provide people some distraction if you're in that part of the world, and if everybody else, education and distraction. We all need distraction this time of time of our lives, don't.
Speaker 2: We, tim Yes, definitely, distraction is a good thing.
Speaker 1: Speaking of distractions, the Giants. I don't know if this is a distraction, but the Giants signed Justin Verlanard to a one year, fifteen million dollar contract. How the mighty have fallen to him? But he's got I mean, I I wrote my notes. He's got to be better, right, he doesn't have to be better than he was last year.
Speaker 2: I was last year. And there's some chatterable the fact he came back too early and got hurt again. And yeah, he's forty one years old. Rushing him back is probably not a not a smart move, not at that age. So yeah, I'd be betting on better than last year. Same with Max Schers or he dealt with a hamstring situation, you know, two older pitchers. Yeah, hey, if they can, if they can show some health this year, yeah, I think they'll be improvement.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He was taken about three or four rounds ago in my league I'm doing so I want to say twenty fifth round or something. He was taken in that That feels pretty good to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I would look at him as a bench bench sort of sort of slide. Hey, the days of two hundred innings and three hundred strikeoachs are clearly in the rearview mirror. But hey, maybe you can get one hundred and thirty, hundred and forty innings out of them, and I think there's some upside as a reserve pick.
Speaker 1: So stat line then would be innings, pitch about one hundred and thirty. How many strikeouts in those hundred and thirty it needs one hundred hundred and ten something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, something like that. Yeah, he hasn't pitched you a strikeout inning for a few years now. Yeah, some hundred and fifteen and ere I'm gonna go with. I'm gonna go with low fours.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I might get a little bit of an advantage being in being in San Francisco for half this game, so that that might help him a little bit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's not a bad pick in the twenty sixth round.
Speaker 1: I think that's what I'm pretty sure that's what it was. But I'll look, and well, I'm not gonna look, as I might create too much traffic on my computer, so I'll just let it go. But I thought it was pretty late and he was kind of on my list. What about Shreser? Would you be grabbing Schureser in that same area?
Speaker 2: I actually I can give you the I can give you the gory details because I picked up Sturzer in that first draft. That first draft I did, and I'll just call it up and uh see where I grabbed him. I know it was late. How late? Okay? Where are we here? Draft results? Tic tick? Tic tic tick? My hypercomputer is still working at hyper speed.
Speaker 1: Wow, and you call yourself having a fast computer. It's a taken Forever.
Speaker 2: Twenty fourth round.
Speaker 1: Oh wow. Okay, so we're on the twenty ninth round. I don't know if he's taken. I'm looking back and trying to find uh, scrolling on my phone, trying to find Verlander.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh, he was still sitting there in the twenty fourth round, so I figured why not?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that Verlander last pick in the twenty fourth round. That's pretty dark. Good. Yeah, I think he was on my queue, but I didn't. I didn't actually pull the trigger there. So I just so we're about ready to cut it in half, right, So we're almost on the thirtieth round, and once that happens, it goes to two hour draft pick. But I just picked up Kyle Teal with my twenty ninth pick, and Yariel Rodriguez with my thirtieth one. Okay, yeah, so we're down to that level.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I think I think we'll see those both those guys. We're in Mi'm in my second one now and we're in the we're heading into the eleventh round.
Speaker 1: Oh tell me, tell me how your first ten picks went.
Speaker 2: Decided to try a different strategy in this one. And one of the reasons for it is the fact that in the first one, I was picking thirteenth and fourteenth. In this one, so very very easy to have two very very you know alike teams. But we went with at fourteen, we moved your guy up and went lighting good for you, and then went Cheerio.
Speaker 1: So got Cheerio on both leagues.
Speaker 2: Yes, got Cheerio in both I could. I couldn't pass that one up. And then we went with Kirby.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's what you did. Wait a minute, that's what you did and your last one. Yeah, when are you going to do something different?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: This is this is where, this is where the difference starts, and it's very much, very much so. These leagues have twice a week roster moves, including pitching m HM. So decided, uh, and I play a partner in this one.
Speaker 2: I have for a couple of years. We decided we were going to try and shorten first base, so we took Josh Naylor with our fifth pick. Interesting, wow, try and shorten up first base a bit. And then we took Miller in Oakland slash Sacramento with our six pick.
Speaker 1: Mason Miller. So yeah, so wait a minute, you don't have a pitcher yet, you don't have a Oh yeah, get Kirby. I'm sorry, Kirby.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then we took Cruise with our seventh pick.
Speaker 1: Good for you. Why you really jumped the line.
Speaker 2: On that one, moved it up a bit because all the kids were going.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly what I did. Yeah, I did, yeah, yep.
Speaker 2: And at eight, we took Zach Galen as our second starter.
Speaker 1: He's really dropped this season.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then we came back with sort of a boring a third baseman that we both like, and Alec Baum, and then we took Ryan Walker with our tenth pick. So we have three closers right now. And what we're gonna do is we're going to try and go with six relief pitchers, six seven relief pitchers and four four starters.
Speaker 1: Maybe five interesting because you can do twice a week. Twice a week move. So you got Ryan Walker. Who are the other two.
Speaker 2: Closers, Miller and Hater? All guys?
Speaker 1: So when did you get Hater?
Speaker 2: Uh? Third round?
Speaker 1: Oh so you you went Vlad uh CHEERYO. So you got you got you got power there, you got some speed with Churio. Then you came back back to back with Now you went Kirby, then Hater, and then he came back with Miller.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Naylor and Miller, and then Cruise and Galen. Because we're at fourteen and then bowm and Ryan Walker. We're probably gonna look at a middle infielder with speed for our next pick. And if hey, if the right relief pictures there, we'll look at another one.
Speaker 1: So you brought up the concept of shortening a position. I've never I mean, I understand the theory. So first I want you to explain the theory, and then explain I mean, why would it work?
Speaker 2: Well, if you believe that there is a situation where there is a shortage of talent at any position. By loading up there, you're forcing people possibly to pick a little earlier than they'd like and picking players that they're not too keen on that won't produce at a higher level. Now, granted there's the corresponding price to pay is you're shorting yourself. You know, you got to make sure that. Of course you can, you can cover off on the balance of your positions. But I really like josh Yaler this year. You're looking at the RBI numbers moving to Arizona. I think they're I I think there's one hundred plus there and I'll take those RBIs. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I get I get the pick of Nailor and why you would pick him, but I don't I don't want to. I understand shortening in a position. I just don't know why would one do that. After you to describe it, I still don't quite get it. Because I are people that worried when one one extra first baseman goes off the board and they're going to say, oh my gosh, there's not enough first baseman to make a jump and move on that and if they do, so what I mean, Okay.
Speaker 2: I mean, well, Luisa Riies went in the tenth round. That seems a little early to me. I'm glad he's gone.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I just don't know. I mean, I think, to me, I could be wrong. I worry about my draft when i'm drafting. I don't worry about trying to screw somebody else's draft up because I'm not. Guess I'm not smart enough to play multi dimensional chess when I'm just trying to focus on my team and making it the best team I possibly can.
Speaker 2: Well. The other thing is when you're picking at either corner, okay, it allows you opportunities to attempt to try and start runs, especially with you know, with closers starting pitching. You know, when we took Kirby to four, about ten pitchers went in the next sixteen picks. Now a lot of them are going to go anyways, just because of the nature of the round heading into the fourth round. But when you're at the corner, you should always be looking at the guy picking to your right. Okay, And we took Hater before Kirby because we thought there was a chance that he'd take that last league closer because the other two were off the board Class A and I can't remember who the other one went. But again, when you when you're drafting thirteen, fourteen, fifteen, you get a long way between picks, So playing I'm not saying worrying about what is going to happen. You have to try and set yourself up so you don't have to worry as much and making preemptive moves like we took Cruise at seven fourteen. Okay, now, well, all the information out there says he's about ninth round pick right, Well do we want to wait? Do we want to wait and take a chance that he's there for us in the ninth round, or do we want to move him up a little bit. I'd prefer to move him up and have them rather than taking the chance that he's not there.
Speaker 1: So again, oh, I definitely agree with that philosophy because you know, if if you want a player, particularly if you're on the end, you you generally have to jump jump the line at least around maybe two. And I think that's that's what you're gonna have to do with Cruise this year, because I think people are starting to buy in. I got him in the eighth round. Two.
Speaker 2: Well yeah, well, I don't think outfield's overly deep, and I think there's thirty stolen bases there so yeah, plus with his hit tool, who knows, so I don't mind moving up on a player like that. Yeah, and hey, right after us, the guy picking right after us took Christian Cassis. Move him up a little bit earlier. Okay, I again knowing that he's probably not gonna, probably not gonna make it back to him.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as I was telling, as I was telling you, Cass Casses really fell on our draft for camp or exactly where he went, but it was pretty late. And by the way I'm looking because I picked Dylan Cruise the third pick in the eighth round, and then then I picked Josh Nayler right after that, even a little later in my my drafting he did in yours.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Domingus. Domingus didn't make it back to us. So again, that to me says that, yeah, there wasn't to hope the Cruise were to be either, because the two of them are going in the radar and the pick right before Dylan Cruise was Cam and Arrow.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I like Cam and Arrow a lot this season. Trisan Cassis went second pick in the tenth round in my draft. Okay, yeah, right before my Michael Trout pick. You go pick Michael Trout.
Speaker 2: Uh, probably not, and for no reason other than the fact that we we need middle infielders. Yeah, Okay, they're going heavy on the Onvlidi and Naylor. Uh, we need some middle infield help.
Speaker 1: So who are you who you're looking at? Uh?
Speaker 2: Stott Iman as the likely you know, we're looking for stolen bases. Yeah, yeah, yeah, so little get a little bit of pop, maybe a little bit, you know not, maybe we gotta get we gotta get some speed, we gotta get We gotta come out of the next round with twenty five thirty stolen bases. Anyways, So yeah, the middle infield is a perfect place to play that game.
Speaker 1: Yep.
Speaker 2: You know Michael Garcia is still sitting there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's he's going a little later at least I can't. I don't know where he's going in relationship to stop.
Speaker 2: But yeah, but that that type of that type of players is who will be focusing on. Maybe Zach Needo, Yeah yeah, gel Off, I have Mason Mason Win might even sneak in there, because I like Mason Win a lot.
Speaker 1: He was one of my targets and I was disappointed it just work out for me in this draft. I just I just didn't work out. I mean I didn't need him where he was going, and I didn't get him. I'm a little bummed about it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So basically, looking looking at the board, by us going three closers right now, there's six teams or seven teams that don't have a closer. Okay, that's a problem for like six seven teams, and we're trying to we're trying to control the saves category. We'll see how it works out, but we're gonna we're gonna run relief pictures out there and rotate in starting pitchers and if we have to be active on the waiver wire, so I try something different.
Speaker 1: Okay, Yeah, that's cool. I mean, I guess the only thing about overdrafting a position like closer, I mean you do protect yourself a little bit because guys get hurt and are ineffective, particularly at the closer position. But it doesn't matter if you come in that the counter arguments all that, it doesn't matter if you if you get three hundred saves and the guy in second place gets two hundred and ten. You know, yeah, so you you you wanna I think, as you're drafting, and if you want to over draft the position, you don't want to clobber that position because it doesn't do you any good in the Artisticary League to win by ninety points.
Speaker 2: No. The other thing that's sort of nice is this league also pays on the category winners, all ten of them small amount.
Speaker 1: Oh really that's interesting. Yeah, so again, but set your you set yourself up for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we're looking.
Speaker 2: We'll be looking at guys like Brian and Bray you late, Kate Smith late, A J. Puckley, you know what I mean. We'll be looking for the for the high Straco relief pitchers like I don't think we're probably not going to look at another closer per se. But there's a slew of relief pictures out there. They're consistent high STRAKEO and you can get them late, relatively late. So yeah, a guy like Matt Stram, Yeah, that'll that'll serve the purpose for what we're trying to do. So yeah, we might we might draft another another closer.
Speaker 1: Speaking of speaking of closers, which we've spent the last five minutes talking about that we had two closers or two bullpen arms. I guess you say that. I want to know from your perspective whether you see them as closers. And the first is the Rangers signed Chris Martin. Apparently he is from Arlington. Uh so he's gonna it sounds like it might be one of his last years that he's going to be pitching. Is thirty eight years old. Yeah, so he was pretty good when he was with the Red Sox the last two years, but he is thirty eight. Do you think he can sneak some saves this year? I looked at roster resource and they got him at the top of the queue, which I'm not sure is going to hold. But what's what you're thinking with Martin?
Speaker 2: Ah, yeah, I think there's a fair chance that he ends up with some saves. You know, you got Mark, you got Robert Garcia, you got Jacob Webb. There is no definition right now, per se in that Ranger's bullpen. You know, the talk was, you know Garcia would get get a show as much the same as it was in Washington, and Jacob Webb came over, I believe from Baltimore. So yeah, I think it's those three and it could be a mix and match. Martin, Martin good, good roll with it. You know, he he could do fairly well as a late round option. Yeah, I throw something down.
Speaker 1: On he's gone. He's gone really late. He's still on the on the board in my draft, and again we're hitting hitting the thirty first round and.
Speaker 2: On probably by the time the thirty second round. You know, with this news, we I'll move him up.
Speaker 1: I would think, Yeah, I mean I was considering drafting him because based on that news. But I already have three closers. Well, I have two. I'm not sure I have any closers. I have three people that I hope are gonna close. Yeah, it looks good in theory, but we'll see. I still might grab Chris Martin another closer, though. Blue Jay signed Jeff Hoffman, a guy that you brought up on the waiver wire. I think he was the top on your waiver warm in terms of mentioned last season. Three years, thirty three million dollars, not a huge signing, and the Blue Jays have indicated that he might get a chance to close. What do you think, Yeah, I Chad.
Speaker 2: Has Chad Green ever been healthy.
Speaker 1: From time to time? He hasn't been consistently healthy. I think that's that's fair.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so yeah, I think Hoffin will work his way into uh, work his way into some saves. It's funny if you go back a month ago they were talking about using Jeff Hoffman as a starter or you know, they were looking at the possibly if as Hoffman is a starter, and I think that's out the window. But no, I think he'll get some saves Toronto and along with Chad Green. So yeah, Jay's short up their bullpen with that signing. It's a good it's a good sign.
Speaker 1: So is the success of Michael King. And uh Seth Lugo calls this rash of seemingly teams wanting to convert relievers to starters.
Speaker 2: Well, we both know when somebody does something and it works. Yeah, and pick a number, because the que the cues formed, right, everybody's standing in line to give it a whirl. So yeah, I hey, it worked well for Michael King, and it worked well for Lugo. But again, can we say uber small sample size?
Speaker 1: It is and and and you know it doesn't It probably is gonna not work more than it's going to work.
Speaker 2: Yes, but right now we're hearing all the success stories. So of course, let's face it, teams are having a hard time getting starting pitching.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, yeah, for sure.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so it's an option they can explore. The is a relatively inexpensive option.
Speaker 1: Right, and h on our conversation from yesterday our podcast yesterday, we were talking about Colorado pictures and the fact that I mean to truly count on them as probably fools gold and just another illustration is Jeff Hoffman was originally signed by the Blue Jays back in twenty fourteen and shipped to Colorado for Troy tylor Ritzky. I remember that trade like it was yesterday. I remember where I was sitting when I heard that news. That's pretty weird. Uh.
Speaker 2: And of course Hoffman though as a starter at that time.
Speaker 1: It was it was a first off, was a big trade, right, I mean, Tulowitzki moving kind of was he past his prime or not? And he was past his prime? And you know, you like the talent that Colorado got back. And but Jeff Hoffa didn't make it as a starter Tim. In fact, he really really struggled and Colorado wasn't until he got out of Colorado that he started to play pitch better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the last couple of years Philadelphia have been great. So what does that do? It does nothing but reinforce. But we were talking about yesterday, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I guess the counter argument is he figured something out it would have happened if he stayed in Colorado, blah blah blah, but the fact that it didn't so And just to give a coda on my conversation because I went back and listened to that section because I thought I didn't give Dolander his due justice because we kind of got off on how how unlikely these Colorado pictures are to be successful. Having said that, I still like Dolander and and I know.
Speaker 2: Is a good young pitcher. He really is.
Speaker 1: Great arm and you know, the control has come together nicely. He's developing a third pitch. All of the signs are lining up, and I like him, and and this might be my last, you know, kind of last call here. If he doesn't make it, I might finally just put the official nail in my feeling on the Colorado Rockies pitching standpoint to say, it's just it's just never going to happen, because this is a this is an uber talented pitcher that was better thought of coming this time last year than Paul Skeens. I want everybody to let that sit in for a moment. Jase Olander was considered the better talent, so so the fact that he's really not, because we saw what Paul Skeens can do. But he's he's up there. I mean, this is not a guy that you know that you people should should skip lightly. Right, So if he if he can't do it, then I think that's really really telling.
Speaker 2: Well, if if at that point in time this that does occur, why do the Rockies have a pitching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe they just don't need one. Maybe they've got to do something that you've always suggested. They get fifteen relievers and just go with relievers the whole whole game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just wing them, wing them all out there, throw them all out there. It's inexpensive, and nobody has a chance to get used to anybody because they're not in there long enough. Right, Fine, guys that can hit ninety five plus and just rear back, firey in there.
Speaker 1: And my final common on Chase Dolander is I just want to re emphasize this. I you know, in hindsight, taking him first year player dress, I think it was the third round. I don't know where I got I got him later than the talent would suggest. But as we talked yesterday and the more I thought about it, it doesn't make sense to take Rocky's pictures because even if, like we said yesterday, even if they perform well, that value is still not going to go. It's going to take years for that value of that player to people really to buy into it. So you should never draft a Rockies pitcher because in the end they might have a good year, a good stretch, et cetera. But long term, they're never going to have that value that somebody else might get who blows up from one year to the next.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've Dolander this year. If he wins fifteen games and pitches to a three twenty year a with a strakeout plus per inning, you put him on the block and I think you know what you're going to get back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Yeah. It feels and smells like where Seth Lugo was going this season. He was great last year, right, I mean, the no question got some cy young votes and rightly so. And he's going in the mid teens. No one's thinking that, oh, this guy is a stut And I don't think anybody's going to do that with Chase Stowlin. I don't think he's better than he where he's going now on the thirtieth or fortieth round, or whatever. But he's never going to go in the top five rounds.
Speaker 2: Never, No, no, because it's Colorado, and pictures don't succeed in Colorado, and even when they do succeed, it's gonna take an extended period before people actually buy into that success.
Speaker 1: Yep. And so I would just wanted to read kind of go back to that since we were talking about closers, and then you know, Hoffman was kind of the segue into talking to you again about Colorado Pictures. And I know, if you're an experienced fantasy player, then why are you talking about this because everybody knows that. I think it's a good reminder because whenever you think there's the next great hope for the Rockies, you gotta be careful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I agree, And yeah, Dolan is the perfect guy for your team. Is your team's a very good team, you can go and you can you can pick him up into the second or third round because your team is solid if it's not going to hurt you if it doesn't work out. A lot a lot of how you address for your first year player drafts depends on the relative strengths and or weaknesses of your team, and anybody drafting at the back of the first round has got a good team because they finished in the top three four spots a year before, so it's it's productive, but it's also sort of counterproductive because nobody's going to take a guy like Kim Okay for the Dodgers in the first seven or eight picks, so he'll be sitting there towards the back end of the first round, and he's a perfect pick for a team that's a contending team, right. It sort of feeds into it. It sort of feeds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but we thought that about Matsasaki and that didn't turn out well. So I mean, I think you got it. There's risk with these Asian players that are coming over. No offense to you, but there's risks. If I can build on your comment about Look, when you're picking in a first in a first year player draft, you're looking for what your team needs. But I think whenever you're drafting, even in one year drafts, it is about value, and in dynasty leagues, it's about what do I think the potential value of this young player that I'm drafting, what he can become. And I guess the problem with the Rockies is there's a ceiling on all of all of these pictures that it doesn't matter if he becomes the best picture in baseball, I don't know if anybody's going to buy it. So he's always going to have pressure on the guy's ceiling. Does that make sense?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it does. Each type of player that you're going to invest in, you're gonna you're investing in him.
Speaker 1: To keep them. Yeah, you're not looking at a trade, but but you're also looking you want you want that investment that you make, like we all do with everything in life, to grow and to become bigger than it is. So if I draft him in the fourth round along with some other players, and then I try to go sell him three or four years later after he's had some success, and I say, well, look at this this guy. I bought him at X he should be X cube. Well he might only be X square because there's an artificial ceiling. Maybe it's not an artificial maybe it's a real ceiling on this guy's ultimate upside. Because he pitches in Colorado or he plays wherever. He's a power hitter in San Francisco, and you're Bryce Eldridge. He's never going to Eldridge could hit forty home runs in a lot of other parks in San Francisco, he might be a thirty home run guy. So he's always going to have a lower ceiling because of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree. And then you know, then you get average you know, average hitters playing in Arizona. Yeah, okay, where the park? Yeah, where the park factors? You know, Hey, and it's like it's like hit or so okay, every time you see a trade and you're bad, you know your hitter is going to Colorado. What's the first thing you say, he's going to Colorado. Good, we'll see a boost in the numbers. Doesn't always work out.
Speaker 1: It doesn't always work out.
Speaker 2: It's the mindset of the of the community is such that it will, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hope people have to bunk that though, because it just it hasn't happened in a long time where you know, look, there are a lot of bad players there. See their boost, see a boost in production, but they just haven't drafted well or signed well. I mean, we haven't seen the Troy Tulowitzki, who was probably a twenty five home run guy, become a thirty five home run guy. They don't have any guys that are acquiring that have twenty five home run pop anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and you go back to the glory days. You know, Larry Walker and Machado, they were good, They were exceptionally talented before they got there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you got to you gotta have the talent to see the big explosion on top of that, I think that's the problem. The other thing is if if there's a good power hitter, i e. Brandon Belt, you can argue he wasn't a great power hitter. The Giants don't want to get rid of him, right because they want that guy right and they said they finally got somebody in their coffers who who they like and has got some power. The same thing it's true with the Rockies. They're gonna trade these guys.
Speaker 2: You know, the Giants is trying to acquire big power bets as akin to the Rockies trying to acquire ace pitchers exactly.
Speaker 1: And so I think you got to think about that a little bit when you're positioning yourself for trades and drafts. It's like, what is the ultimate upside of this guy, Like, you know, the Ronald Lacooners, who you think could be the best player in baseball? I mean, if he's playing in San Francisco, unless his name is Barry Bonds, it's probably not gonna happen.
Speaker 2: There are challenges, yes, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: To me to take a break and got one more thing to talk about and then we'll start on your first base rankings. It was a fun discussion.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't I agree with with you the whole premise. It's it's tough, it really is.
Speaker 1: Yep, this was an interesting one and I'm I'm anxious to hear your your thoughts because I know you were bursting out the seams to talk about it. Yesterday. And the Reds acquired Gavin Lucks from the Dodgers for outfielder Mike Siota and the Reds competitive balance round a selection. So that's pick thirty seven. So it's got some financial flexibility that it gives the Dodgers because they typically don't have enough money now and they're going into the you know as caps as cap money going into these drafts. So so we discussed the like the Dodgers were likely to move on from Lux and they did, but does he fit for the Reds?
Speaker 2: Uh? The Reds are a bit of a mess right now. If you go to roster resource they got Gavin Luck sitting in the d H spot hitting ninth. Yeah, yeah, well you got Candelari at third base, you got uh gonna have shown strand at first base. It's a bit of a mess. They're talking about Matt McClain moving into the outfield. Okay, so what did I do? I would assume TJ Friedel It puts him in a bit of a buy there. It's they got too many people that know Noel V. Marte isn't even listed as being on the roster. So eight, I would say.
Speaker 1: Led La Cruz is locked in. That's your shortstop, right, yep?
Speaker 2: Done?
Speaker 1: Is that the only infield position that's truly locked in? Because I thought Matt McLean would be. But if they're talking about moving him to the outfield, that's not even locked in.
Speaker 2: No, the only infield position locked in Brothers two Catcher and Stevenson and Ellie that's it.
Speaker 1: I mean, Heimer, Candelarium and they'd trade for him, so they're paying the money. He's going to play somewhere, but he's probably a better first basement at this juncture in his career than a third basement.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So then if you move, move Candelaria the first base. Okay, if you throw Strand into your DH slot and Gavin Lux becomes what utility? Yeah? Maybe yeah, it becomes a super sub.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean because there's some there are some platoon splits there.
Speaker 2: So and unless Matt McLain goes to the outfield, he's playing a second base, right or possibly third base. It's just it's all over the place. I don't I don't know how it's going to shake down. I think they need to move somebody, is what they need to do.
Speaker 1: I think if I think, if I'm in a draft and I'm looking at this roster, I confidently select Eli de la Cruz. I confidently draft Matt McClain. That's too good of a baseball player to think that he's going to be a part time player. Spencer Steer, I'm I feel pretty confident about him. T J Friedel know Stevens who cares? Steven said, I do, uh so? TJ Friedel know Jake Freeley, know Heimer Candelier. I guess he's got a job. He's not that good. Christenin Karny know Gavin Lux. No, Noville Marte no, I don't. I don't feel good about any of these guys.
Speaker 2: And for good cause, we have no idea how it's gonna shake down. And you know, hey, and I think they're at the draft table. I think there has to be pressure to move these guys down. Yep, yeah, are you going to roll the dice on any of the guys. We just mentioned that there's a possibility might only get two hundred of bats.
Speaker 1: I know, and Camp Paulier, who I love, is sitting is blocked two ways to Sunday. I didn't get this deal, man, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't.
Speaker 1: I mean good, I mean, I think Gavin Lucks is a better player than he showed last year. And but didn't they get rid of Gavin Lux with the oh the guy they traded a couple of weeks ago won the Rookie of the Year a few years ago. Oh help me, Tim, Oh you know I'm talking about anyway? They just I mean, it was like they had a guy that was similar to Gavin Lucks and they moved from, they moved on from and they just bring a new guy in. I don't get it.
Speaker 2: Well, And what they've done now is basically what the Dodgers have said is Kim is going to be their everyday second basement.
Speaker 1: Yep. Yeah, so yeah, now that's easy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that was easy, very easy. Once uh, Lucks is out of the equation.
Speaker 1: Right, Jonathan Indyo is the guy who was thinking about isn't Jonathan Di then Gavin Lucks like similar players? I would think, so, yes, yeah, So so they got rid of Jonathan India and we all cheered and a I was like, wait a minute, why are you bringing the Gavin Lucks?
Speaker 2: Yeah? No, India went to Kansas City, Yes he did. Yeah, but again, a plethora of riches in Dodger Land allows them. You know, hey, they signed Kim on a relatively a very friendly deal. So that makes where do they where do they need the lux India? Where do they need those guys for? They don't, do they?
Speaker 1: They don't well, I'm sure they. I mean again, maybe they're just collecting talent and using them as trade bait down the road. But the again we talked about multi dimensional chess, it sounds like they're playing some really complicated algorithms to try to figure out who they're going to move and keep and so forth. And it feels a lot like what the Rockies did. Just let me bring in a bunch of guys see what sticks, and maybe the talented guy's never going to shot. I mean, Neva Martine is a good player. Maybe they're just so pissed about the eighty games extension that they don't have anything to do with the guy. Maybe that's it's it's more complicated than that. I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know, Brady Singer went to the Reds for India. Is lux an upgrade over India. I don't know if he is.
Speaker 1: I don't I mean, India has performed better for the last couple of years. So he's a little bit younger, but that's it.
Speaker 2: He takes a walk. His OBB was three fifty says his OBP has been you know in three seventy six, three twenty seven, thirty eight, three fifty seven. Yeah, it's yeah, the Reds are shuffling the deck, but they still got they still got too many parts. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It was funny because the Reds front office was voted as saying, look, everybody says, we've got all this infield depth. And he went through each position and how poorly they performed. But I was thinking Matt McClean was hurt. Novill Marte was out for half the season, Chris and In Carnacione was hurt. So I mean, yes, don't you take a look at that as extenuating circumstances and go in a minute, we had good players, did they just get a chance. Let's see what happens when they're healthy. Wouldn't that be a rational thought process?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's too rational.
Speaker 1: Okay, I don't know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I know if I was running that team, I'd want to see what health rings the following year before I started shuffling the deck.
Speaker 1: Well, we played, we playing dynasty leagues, and we take a look at last year, and if we if we saw our guys on the eye ow and a poor poor uh kind of placement in the standings, we would probably say, yeah, my guy hurt. Let's see what's going to happen. We went and start trading everybody.
Speaker 2: Well, not unless you want to finish worse than you did the year where everybody was hurt. Yeah, because you're not going to get full value, are you. No?
Speaker 1: I I don't know, And it's I think it's a head scratcher. I don't I don't get it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I don't get it either. And it's sort of a shame because the Reds do have some talent, yeah, but utilizing it doesn't appear to be their forte at this stage.
Speaker 1: Look at Ellie Dela Cruz has chance to be, you know, one of the best players in the league, one of the most exciting players in the league at a huge drawl at home and on the on the road. I mean, this is a guy you want to surround, surround players with. And it's but they got to I think they got some good, complimentary players. They just got to give them a chance to play well exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the Candelarius should not be holding up Strand or Noel vi Marte.
Speaker 1: I think the Baltimore Orioles, as much as we beat them up about their pitching, they've done an outstanding job at developing talent giving that talent a chance to play and perform. Yeah, and like what it's a copycat league, right, I mean, why don't you do that? I mean not that maybe Cincinnati Reds have the exact level of talent that the Orioles have, but it's pretty close. If you you know, put led La Cruz and Gunner Henderson as you know, equal kind of talent. Maybe Dela Cruz might be higher there's a lot of similarities in those two systems in terms of the talent they brought up, and yet one is methodically going through and giving the young kids a shot, and it just feels like the Reds are like, I don't know if I believe in this guy. Let's move on.
Speaker 2: The word flailing comes to money.
Speaker 1: It really does Timmy to take a break, we get back. Let's let's do your first base rankings.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm really anxious to hear this first discussion because I think that first base is a real challenge.
Speaker 1: I think it's been challenging for years. I don't see anything in the minor leagues that would would lead me to say, hey, it's going to get better, like we saw with catching, How are you handling first base this season?
Speaker 2: How am I handling first base? I want and my goal is to procure solid, talented first base. And so far in two drafts, one of them, I've got Tristan Casses for the upside, and the other one I've got Vlidi and Josh Naylor. So so far, it's going pretty much to script. Anybody after about the under that top tier, after about pick ten or eleven, they become corner infielders. In my mind, I don't want to have Cody Bellinger, okay, as my everyday first baseman. I don't want Paul Goldschmid, Michael Bush Togli No, I don't want any of those players as my first basement. As a corner infield, yeah, that's a different story, but not anchoring first base for me, it's gotta be I hate coming out if I don't have Flattie or Harper or Olsen or Freeman or Naylor, it'd be that top. I'm not gonna feel happy.
Speaker 1: I one thousand agree with you. You said it perfectly. I totally right in there with you. And that's why I think Lad's got the setup is perfect for him this season, with his last year in Toronto. He might even get moved at the deadline. I think he's gonna be motivated. He's a good player. With a good season last year and the fact that it falls off so quickly, it's in a blank, You're you're down to, you know, the spencer of Jake Bergers of the world, and it's like, oh man, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, hey, Jake, Jake Berger could post to eighty OBP and uh a two hundred batting average this year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's gonna come with thirty thirty five on runs.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: But those are flawed players.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there there is a flaw basically in every player after about pick ten eleven.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Not enough power, okay, not enough speed, not enough batting average. Uh yeah, yeah, there's a lot of flawed flowed players, a slew of them.
Speaker 1: So let's go through your list. I have sent you the spreadsheet. Do you have the updated spreadsheet?
Speaker 2: It is right in front of me, and I love it. That's it's a great, great, great vehicle to be discussed, all of positions by anything. Just there. It's there.
Speaker 1: It's there, so or if you want to get this unless you got to our patroon site and U it's all out there for our Patreon members as well. So first two were boring. Timmy all chalk, Lad Gerrera one. Bryce Harper, iwo, you've got his lad Junior's ADP is fourteen point four. Bryce Harper's twenty point nine. Yeah, Bryce Harper is Bryce Harper. I mean, is there anything to say more about those guys?
Speaker 2: Not really? I think a pencil in Harper for thirty homers, A handful of stolen basin in an ops in the nine hundred Granger. He's a good player, solid, definitely, I'll say great production at first base.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Matt Olsen tough season last Year's no denying he was not the same guy. I mean, you got him chalk thirty five. He's going top of the first top of the third round. Last year he was a late first round, early second round pick. Do you think there's value here on the top of the third round with him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't have any problems with matt Oles and after about the middle back end of the second round. Yeah, he had a down year last year. He still had twenty nine homers and drove in what ninety eight runs. Many of players are gonna call it a good year, right, Yeah, so what's to say. I think he's twenty nine years old. A bounce back could be in order with mad Oles, And then even if it isn't, I'll take thirty one hundred. It's good production coming from first base, especially when you look at the piers.
Speaker 1: So thirty nine home runs in twenty one, thirty four and twenty two, fifty four and twenty three, twenty nine and twenty four. One of those numbers doesn't fit twenty nine, you'll think the twenty nine fits, or you think the fifty four doesn't fit.
Speaker 2: I think he could. Hey, it was an amazing year. Could you do it again? Sure? Yeah, he did it once. I think there's enough power there that he can hit thirty five to forty home runs fair lately. I would put the odds higher at thirty five to forty than twenty five to thirty.
Speaker 1: Uh thoughts, I think he isn't the floor twenty five to thirty and the upside thirty five to forty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was gonna say I've got the floor at about thirty one hundred.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Mean, look, I'm looking at the data. Eighty fifth percent on AVERAGEXA velocity, hard hit rates eighty three percent. Style bat speed is at eighty percent. This is a guy who makes really hard contact. His square up rate the ability to get the maximum the maximum result out of his swing and his bats swing is not good. It's at five and he's got a big launch angle, so he's got a lot of uppercut, a lot of strength, but he's not, according to the data, he is not using it very effectively. So just kind of hold that as you know, something that he probably needs to improve on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know what the other intangible that you've got to work in there with those, and it's just about everybody on the Braves team was hurt last year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, maybe he's still trying to do too much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the club host couldn't have been a bundle of joy. Yeah, every time they have, every time they got sort of untracked, somebody else went down. Right, it's got to be a little bit mentally discouraging. I I know, you say, oh, they're all pros, you know the work, but that's got to have an effect on the few remaining players that actually made it through the season.
Speaker 1: Right, Looking at his spray chart, it's pretty interesting. And twenty three power to pull site power was still prevalent, but there was a lot of opposite field home runs dead center field home runs. In twenty twenty four all but three we're pull home runs. So that might be a guy who was pressing a little bit and stepping in the buck and trying to make something happen as opposed to hitting the ball where it's pitched and knowing that he's got the strength to hit everything out.
Speaker 2: Well, and let's face it with, you know, with Riley and Albie's and cunoll. Oh, there would be pressure on him to perform, right, Whereas you get those three in the lineup and he just goes up to Lodi Da and away you go.
Speaker 1: Right, you have Olsen going before Freddy Freeman, which I applaud you for. I think that's the right move. Freddy Freeman is a is you know, stalwart until he's not? Is that fair to say?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: And he's heading into his age thirty six season. Okay, he's coming off ankle surgery to clear up some loose bodies, an ankle that bothered him most of the last season. Are we going to see Freddie Freeman stealing on twenty bases this year? I highly go to yeah. Right, And with the age factor, I just figured it's time to Hey, I'm not predicting Newman gloom for Freddie Freeman, but hey, did decline has to happen at some point in time, and at age thirty six. If it's not this year, it'll be next year the year after, right, So I just wonder, Yeah, he's no spring check and still a great player, but I can tell you I will probably won't have Freddy Freeman be on that many of my teams this year.
Speaker 1: I did a breakdown of him last year when I was doing my targets and he was a do not draft in the set for a second round. I was seeing some real concerning items in his data that was pointing to we're starting to see the decline and I just don't want to be I don't want to be on board when the decline hits.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and looking at it realistically, it's Freddie Freeman gonna even if he's hundred percent, he's not gonna get in six hundred plus at bats. Yeah, the playoffs, the World Series, that's what counts, right, yep, yep, yeah, yeah, Yeah, He'll have his days off here and there, and he should.
Speaker 1: Josh Naylor comes in at number five. That is your top five. And Naylor, you jumped ahead of Pete Alonzo and mister Perez.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I did. And I like what I saw in Cleveland. I don't think moving to Arizona and having Corbyn Carroll and Katel Marte hitting in front of him is going to It's gonna hurt him one bit. The park is the parks of plus and let's face it, with Pete Alonso still has a sign last year, the strikeouts were up, the power was down. Yeah, sal Perez, are you gonna use him at first base? No, You're probably gonna use him a catcher, right yep. So to me, it makes all the sense in the world to move Nayler up into the fifth spot.
Speaker 1: Agreed. I I'm worried about Peter Alanza this year a lot, and the longer he doesn't sign, I think, the more concern I get. He is a guy that is uber confident and I think will be a little disappointed that it's it's working out this way for him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he might end up with Jay's on a one year deal. Yeah, Yeah, there's something along those lines.
Speaker 1: And yeah, I was but wait a minute, where does who? Where does lap play? Does he does DH?
Speaker 2: They can rotate them all around, they can come up alons or to the DH slut.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah that's a possibility.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I was top tempted to move Vinp right up behind Josh Naylor because I really liked what I saw from Pascentino last year, and he missed a month the last month of the season he missed.
Speaker 1: I'm aware. Yeah, I have viny P everywhere on one year leagues, on Fantasy Dynasty leagues, I have any P everywhere, So.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm a little I'm a little higher on him than the NFBC, but I think it's warranting.
Speaker 1: He's one. Yeah, he's one of my targets. If you've read my material, it was one of my targets last one of my targets this year. You can never predict RBIs. But hitting behind Bobby Wood Junior, that's that's that's a good thing. Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I like him. I like them a lot. If I had to pick somebody to rise up, rise up this list in a big way. If we're looking at this question a year from now, Vinny p would be my He'd be one of one of those guys to move up. Yeah, I think the potential there.
Speaker 1: I agree. And as Tim said, it starts to get a little dicey after Tristian Castles, but Christian Walker still solid and uh with the Houston Astros and Tristan Casses. Let's talk about him for a moment. You know you were expecting a big breakout last season. We didn't really have it. Is Is this year going to be the year?
Speaker 2: Ah? I'm thinking yes, what does sort of trouble me? There was a lot of chatter out of Boston about moving.
Speaker 1: Casses, trading him.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, you know they you know, Craig Reslu actually had to come ot to you know, at the end of December and say they are not shopping cases. I don't know if it's just media, if you meet, if media fueld or well I just.
Speaker 1: Read it the last week that you know, those those rumors have surfaced again.
Speaker 2: Well, you know he had thirteen homers last year in two hundred and twelve bats. Well, there's thirty five thirty five I think to forty home runs in that bat if he stays on the field. We saw twenty four of them and his in his full rookie season. Yeah, I think he's a thirty plus home run type bat. And I don't know why they're Red Sox would be looking at moving him. It's got to be something that we're not privy to and probably never will be. But I like Castes. I think the upside is warranting and I think he's proved even in his brief career that you're you're looking at a probably a two sixty bat with thirty plus home run potential. Yeah, I'm investing this year.
Speaker 1: I don't see the two sixty bat I think there's the real pressure on his batting average because he strikes out a ton. Last year's expected batting average was two nineteen. Twenty twenty three was two fifty three. So let's he improves that strikeout rate. There's no speed. I think there's huge power. There's no question about looking at his hard hit rates and batspeed. It's all sitting there, and he'll have a high batting average, balls and play because he's got the ball hard. But I don't to sixty might be, might be a stretch of my view. I think I would get thirty.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm fine with that. I'm bullish. I want to see this kid succeed. And to be honest with you, I don't have a vested interest in any of my dynasty keeper leagues.
Speaker 1: Yeah I don't either. Unfortunately, I think he's a he's a good that's a good asset in those leagues. Let's take a break to me come back and do uh ten to fifteen more?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Coming at number eleven is Spencer Steer, number twelve, Jake Berger. Cody Bellinger comes in at thirteen. Paul Goldchmid at fourteen wound, Paul Goldschmith just just dropping, and then Michael Bush at fifteen, Michael totally at Tames Buddy, Michael Togalia, Reyese Hoskins at at seventeen MP. Tim has a lot of law for Reese Hoskins, Jake Cronenworth at eighteen. Nathaniel Lowe used to be Nate low. I guess he's changing. And Tim has no love at all for lewis a rise Okay.
Speaker 2: Yep, simple nothing, Jacber.
Speaker 1: I mean Spencer Steer speed and power last season outfield eligible. Should he be higher than where he.
Speaker 2: Is, I would move I would move him up. Possibly. I was looking at the grouping of Walker Castes. I just can't move him right now, simply because I think I cherished the power a little bit more than the speed at first base. But again, Spencer Steer is a fine outfielder. Okay. What I did find interesting is, you know, the batting average should correct somewhat. Okay, as you know, the Babbitt babbit dropped in a big way from twenty three to twenty four, so I'm expecting that dip in the batting average to correct itself at least a bit but if if you look at his numbers, they're incredibly consistent over the past two years. I feel comfortable with Spencer Steer. I didn't a year ago, but with two years virtually identical years back to you know, I'm back to back. Yeah, I'm I like Spencer Steer.
Speaker 1: Cody Bellinger. You can make the argument that this player should perform well next season or this coming season. He's in New York, the park has made for him. He's once again looking to have that big score. But he could be a guy that never gets the big score because the data never looks good on this guy. Is there an opportunity for Cody Bellinger to be much better than the thirteenth first basement off the board?
Speaker 2: Yeah there is. Yeah. All he's got to do is what he did in twenty twenty three. Okay, Steal twenty bases, hit twenty five to thirty home runs, driving one hundred and score one hundred. Yeah, that moves him up. I don't see it. I don't think it's going to happen. So I am staying away again. More questions right now than answer. Say, if you take a look, you go back to twenty nineteen when he hit the forty seven home runs. You know, we know the story. You know, starting in twenty twenty twelve, oh By ten, nineteen, twenty six, eighteen. You know, he's only hit twenty he's only passed twenty homers once in the past five years.
Speaker 1: Just doesn't hit the ball very hard.
Speaker 2: That's not good odds it.
Speaker 1: No, the data does not support that he's a power hitter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and.
Speaker 2: I'm not buying. I'm not going to pay the price.
Speaker 1: What I find interesting at the end of Cody Bellinger, if we look at that round tim where these guys are going, all of them are single digits. So Cody Bellinger eight, Jake Berger nine, Steer eight, Tristan Casses eight, we're at the topeen guys all of a sudden, the realm of everybody after that thirteenth round, seventeenth round, thirteenth round, twentieth twentieth, eighteen thirteen. I think that to me is just so illustrious of how this thing drops off in a hurry and you just don't want to wait too long for first base.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think I think Burger and Bellinger are overvalued in rounds nine and eight. There you go, yeah, yes, yeah, so yeah, it falls off a clip once you get through the first ten twelve guys, Yeah, like a big clip, you know when you're talking in the ten to twenty range. We've got two twenties, seventeen and an eighteen eighteenth round in your top twenty.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that don't match up well, does it now?
Speaker 1: And that includes in a less a rise in the third I mean, I mean, yeah, it's it gets ugly in a hurry, everybody, So just just know that going into it. Number fifteenth is Michael Bush. You like him four more than where he's going in the NFBC. I love your your your common to bird in the hand is worth two in the bush. I don't know what it means, but like, is this a guy that what it is?
Speaker 2: What it is? It is? Take it, okay, fancy, I think Michael Bush will give you twenty to twenty five home runs eighty RBIs.
Speaker 1: So you don't see growth here.
Speaker 2: No, I don't see huge growth potential. No, I think he is what he is. But take it or you might end up debating some considerably lesser potential type players in a hurry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was funny last season. I remember it when I was doing my NFBC Draft. He was traded from the Dodgers to the Cubs during the middle of it, and I was so excited because I was maybe twelve spots away from getting a chance to get Michael Bush twentieth round or something like that, and I think he went two slots before I got it. I was really disappointed because people I clearly didn't believe or didn't catch it, but I got Cold Keith instead. I haven't compared their their their stat lines, but I think cold Keith's the better player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think he's got I think he's got more potential. Yeah, yeah, I think there's an upside there. And I see Michael Bush. He's an okay player, he really is. But I don't see thirty five homers and one hundred and ten RBI seasons other Michael Bush moving forward.
Speaker 1: Yeah I don't. I don't either.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Like I said, I think he's a good player, but I don't think he'll be a great player.
Speaker 1: But then the day was okay with him. I mean again, it's doesn't hit the hits the ball pretty hard, bat speed's not great, doesn't chase very often, a lot of strikeouts, walks a ton, so that sounded a little bit like, uh, forgot who we were talking about, but that's an okay player.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I could see Michael Bush moving up as high as eleven twelve next year based on who's head who I have ahead of him right now, Paul Goldschmid, Cody Bellinger and Jake Berger. Yeah, yeah, and I think he will be. I think he'll be in an asset in our game. But I just I don't see the big numbers. I think he's going to be safe, floor boring, but not a bad guy to have. I think he's better than the seventeenth round value, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Your buddy, Michael Togley. Anything to say more about him except your undying love for Michael Toglio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm actually I'm actually one lower in the NBCSY know would if he hit thirty five homers with a two ten batting average next year?
Speaker 1: No, I don't think so. No. No, it's got big power.
Speaker 2: He's got big power, and it comes with the bonus of a ton of swinging mess right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'd recall let me look at the date. I recall him not having great bat speed. Now it's got a pretty good batspeed, huge raw power, yeah, just so much swing and missing his game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, so is expected batting average last year was two forty four because he hits the ball so hard. Average ex velocity is ninety two point one miles an hour. Whoa, that's that's big boy power. Reye. Hoskins said, you brought him up six. I mean, based on everything that's in there, at least he's gonna hit twenty five home runs.
Speaker 2: Wow, he ain't looking at the past. Yeah, looking at the past three seasons, he's he's yeah, he can, he can hit for power, but.
Speaker 1: It's certainly no badding knowlage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it certainly leaves me sort of sad. I liked g Reese Tomskin's a lot coming into the league, and what we saw in twenty eighteen, that first first season. He's just never combination of health and he's just never duplicated that. So it sorta of leaves me a little bummed out. I had high hopes for Reson Reese Hoskins going back about five six years ago.
Speaker 1: It came up as affiliate. If I recall, it's fascinating though, if they take a look at twenty twenty one, huge raw power, the data supported that two thousand and twenty twenty two a huge raw power. He missed twenty twenty three with an injury, and then last year, I mean the power was down. So I mean he is thirty one, so maybe I don't know, maybe he just wasn't completely healthy. I can't believe there's been that big of a drop off from age twenty nine to thirty one. I guess it's possible. So yeah, but you know, the twenty six arm runs is probably a gift, but the two fourteen batting average is tough to take.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you want to go and exchange that gift to customer service at some point.
Speaker 1: Ye, Jake croni Worth, who I liked, I'll forget. He is second base eligible too if he comes in at number eighteen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, seventeen home runs, five stolen bases. You look at his batting average and OBP over the past three years two thirty nine, two twenty nine, two forty one OBP three thirty two, three twelve, three, twenty four. Hey, he's a fine little player, but I think he's of more value in your middle infield, yep than he is at first base.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a he's a corner in the middle. I agree with that, but it's still not a bad player in the twentieth round. No, No, neither is Nathaniel Lowe.
Speaker 2: Yeah, the same sort of situation. I think low could see a spike up because of the move to Washington. He's gonna move up in the order. Woman think him with all those uh uber talented kids. Yeah, there could be more more players on bass room to drive in. I I started like, I started, like, what was a corner infield type Lewis Arise.
Speaker 1: I don't even want to talk about him because I think everybody knows if you take Lewis Arise, you've done something wrong.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I just put batting average, run score. There's still just two categories, right, Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's Tim's that's Tim saying he doesn't contribute to the other three. Cause anybody's trying to figure out the subtleties of the great Tim McCloud. Let me clue you in after spending on many years with them, that is the subtlety. He is not accentuating the positive. He is accentuating the negative.
Speaker 2: There is there is.
Speaker 1: Exactly uh twenty one through thirty Luke rally Christian and caressing and Stan Yany Diaz, Spencer Horowitz, your buddy, Spencer Horwitz, five up on him, Ryan Montcastle, Andrew vaugh Nolan Shanywell, him, Her Candelaria, Jonah Bright and good old Tyler Sodastrom and Timmy. I don't blame you, Spencer, Porkle said, nowhere in that list, but it is disappointing. Nonetheless. In Carlos on Strand, what do we think? Man?
Speaker 2: He killed it in twenty three and in only you know a little bit more than two hundred at bats. I'm hurt last year though, yeah, he was hurt last year. I'm probably I don't know what the Reds are gonna do. They should find a way to get Martelle under that everyday lineup. They Strand should be playing every day. I don't know if they're going to. I'm I'm staying away simply because there's more questions than there are answers right now. And if I'm going to gamble on a younger player, even in around sixteen, there's got to be other options. I'm just not do the Reds. You know, we discussed it just a few minutes ago. They know what they're doing. It begs that question doesn't it.
Speaker 1: Yes, it does. The great John dene Is continues to be Tim's best buddy because Spencer Horowitz now has moved over there and temmis suggestin he is a potential corner infielder for you. So, uh, explain yourself, McLeod.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't think John Dene's rushing out to buy season tickets.
Speaker 1: But so John, John dene everybody knows he's a huge He's a huge uh supporter of our our stuff that we righte we we We like John a lot. I think he's a Pittsburgh Pirate fan. I know he once was, but there's so much snark about his Pittsburgh Pirate fandom now I'm not sure if he's still a Pittsburgh Pirate fan or not.
Speaker 2: Do you know, I think he's a fan. He just doesn't want to admit it. Okay, he's in the denial.
Speaker 1: He's in that. He's in that bitter the bitter phase. You know, it's pretty funny, So he doesn't. He never loses out on an opportunity. Whenever something happens to the Pirates, John dene is all over it.
Speaker 2: Yes, he most certainly, and then for good cause, let's face it, that that is not exactly the the best run organization. Yeah, there's lots of he gets lots of opportunity for Snart. I like Horowitz. Yeah, I think Horowitz can give you. He can give you twenty home runs. I think he can give you seventy seventy RBIs and a decent betting average. Plus he also qualifies at second base, so there's middle infield opportunities. I sort of like Horowitz, not sort off. I do like Horowitz.
Speaker 1: I'm taking the under.
Speaker 2: I would. I would take him before Ryan Mountcastle and Andrew baughd definitely no, and I was half tempted for them ahead of Andy Diaz, who I'm not a huge fan of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's an older player, great ability to make contact, looks like he could likes, you know, mash like nails with his hand or something. A guy looks like he's huge, but there's no power there. There's absolutely no leverage in a swing none.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So but do you see the guy's biceps, right, I mean they're gigantic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he looks he looks like he could hit.
Speaker 1: Forty Yeah, yeah, exactly he is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and you know he's broken twenty home runs I think once in his career. I know, I know, yeah, but I mean again, do you want do you want the batting average OVP hope? Because other than that, he's not helping you much, is he?
Speaker 1: No, he's not. And he plays on a questionable team that I'm not sure how good that team is going to be.
Speaker 2: I think a lot is going to depend on Junior Camonaro and how and how he and how he eventually plays this year. I have no concerns about camon arow long term, but it is he's a young player, right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so let's let's put the hopes on dreams on our team on a twenty one year old barely not eligible for Rookie of the Year this year. So that's that's tough. That's tough to lay on. I love Junior Canari camin Area long term, but that's a lot to put on him, and unfortunately, I think you're right. I think as it does land on him.
Speaker 2: Well, you look at the raised lineup and there's a few question marks.
Speaker 1: There's nothing, there's just nothing there. It's just every time, you know, the people in the front office are just going damn wanderfrontco because that was the guy that was there, that was their.
Speaker 6: Stud and I was that was her future and then for having a five years, that was the guy they were going to build the team around. And it just is really sickening.
Speaker 1: Uh. Andrew Vaughn still hoping he does something.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 2: I think I think it's fairly save seventy type floor more potentially if you can get away from the White Sox. You know, I got him at twenty six. Yeah, if you're looking for a corner infield with twenty seventy type potential, yeah, that's what he's going to give you. And the reason I have Luke Luke Brayley. I think it's twenty seventy guy too, but he's gonna throw some speed in there and field eligibility. So I sort of like, yeah, you take a look at Raley. I've got him six slots ahead of the NBC crew. But I think that eligibility and a little bit of speed it counts for a bit in this chier.
Speaker 1: I'm going to boldly say, if Tyler Sodastrom isn't performing well on June fifteenth, say hello to Nick Kurtz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I got no problems with that at all.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it might be earlier than that might be. I think this is the put up or shut up here for soda strm. You better it?
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, and you know you say the same thing, you know, looking at looking at the Marlins. Yeah, you got Jordan and Bride and Matt Mrvis is there now, and you got Devison de Los Angles. If Bride doesn't do anything in the first month of the season, Matt Nervis will or de Los Angeles they'll do something there, right.
Speaker 1: Gosh, I hope It'steela Santos. I really do. I mean, Matt Nervis would be. You gotta be kidding me. Where's Steela Santos? I would? I would be producing his T shirt that says free Dela Santo's.
Speaker 2: Yeah, did you read my comment on Jordanah Bride? I found that.
Speaker 1: Let's let's I will be the judge if it's a good writing and fascinating.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: The eleven home runs he hit last year in two and thirty two at bats were good enough to be the fourth highest total of the Marlins. Wow, it's pretty fascinating. Two of the three players that best at Bride last year aren't returning. Devison, d Lo Santo's to the rescue question Mark, that's a great write up to him. Well done there, thank you.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, his eleven home runs now puts him the second highest home run total last.
Speaker 1: Year after Jesus Sanchez.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's it.
Speaker 1: Who hit what nineteen?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Exactly. You want to you know, you google power odage and the Marlins logo comes up. That's crazy. Eleven home runs puts him the second highest home run total on the returning players in Miami.
Speaker 1: Like, it's funny we're talking about Tyler Soldis from I didn't even read your little comment. There is significant power potential, but lurking in the shadows is Nick Kurt's. The clock is ticking, So Tim and I are thinking exactly the same thing. Timmy to take a break and then pop around these last fifty or so that your names you got, and then we'll wrap it up. Sounds good, apologize. I look down and we're gone an hour and twenty minutes. I could talk to you all day about this kind of stuff. This is just fascinating to me. Carlos Santos is on my NFBC team.
Speaker 2: Carlos Santana, you mean the Santos.
Speaker 1: Carlos Santana is on my NFC team. I don't know. If it's good for me. But I kind of got caught out a little bit. I don't remember if it's my corner infielder or I forgot where we're kind of my first bat. But I kind of like Carlos Santos. Carlos Santana coming into the season. I know he's old, still makes great contact, he still hits the ball pretty hard. It's going back home to Cleveland. It feels good to me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gonna play at any time you're looking after about the thirtieth player on the board. The fact that they're gonna play, that should count. I like Santana better than LaMonte Wade Junior and Torkleson, who I've shuffled down considerably. We know Santana's gonna play. He's played well in the past. Yeah, that's got to count.
Speaker 1: Would you gamble on Spencer Torkleson though, because he's I mean, there's too much power there for them for the Tigers to completely ignore him? Right?
Speaker 2: No, Okay, you can play all year at Triple A.
Speaker 1: Yeah that would be a real bummer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he abe would I know? I my love affair with Spencer Torkelsen. It's done.
Speaker 1: I like your number thirty eight. Yeah, I'm a little bit lower than where he's going in the NFBC. But Jonathan Ronda, I can play a little bit. And I mean, who knows if he gets an opportunity to play. Yeah, that's a good player.
Speaker 2: Yeah again, I looked at him. I look to Tampa Bray Bay, and you know, do they get him the opportunity? Does he platoon? You know, he just throw everything into the mix. And I he's not somebody that I'm overly bullish on speak just speacause of the mitigating factors. I feel much better about Miranda if he was on another.
Speaker 1: Chain somewhere else. I agreed. Nick Kurtz is at forty five, Bryce Eldritch at forty six, and Jack Kaglianoli Kagliani is at forty seven. You get him very very late. I know you've got Kurtz ahead of Eldritch, ahead of Kaghliana. Who do you think is the guy that breaks out and is much higher on this list next year out of those three?
Speaker 2: Kurtz, I think so too. I think he gets the opportunity. And getting that opportunity, you know, all he's got to do is go on a tear and hit, you know, ten homers in two weeks, which is possible, and all of a sudden he's a third round pick next year. Right. We know how recency bias, you know what I mean. All it takes is a little bit of a hot spell, and I think he's going to get the opportunity. The other two, I've got them ranked in the order basically of opportunity right now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think Eldridge he might. He's got the most power of the three. I think Kurts is still the best player of the three. I don't see that Kagalano is going to get a shot, but I could be well agree because but I do think Kurts would be one of the guys that if I were to truly bat on somebody who could blow up in the second half and really help you, it might be Kurtz.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's going to make a waiverwear article. I am pretty confident in that, I think.
Speaker 1: So what about let's sayhim give a couple more names. Uh oh, Zach's Desenzo with the Houston aste. Does he get an.
Speaker 2: Opportunity maybe in the ocean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they got a they got a pretty poor outfield. I like the sense of it. It's a bummer. He's like getting a shot.
Speaker 2: Well again, they brought in Christian Walker, right, yes, so it's it's a it's outfield d h or bust right yeah?
Speaker 1: Well third base? Who's playing third base?
Speaker 2: Uhman is? Oh, he's a free agent.
Speaker 1: A couple other interesting names. Uh Tyler Locklear h just just fell off. They got one shot and didn't really perform in this Everybody just writing this guy off.
Speaker 2: I think, so, yeah, you know, when when I look at when I look at the skills of Luke Raley, I I don't see him beating Luke Raley out for a job. I rather like Luke Braley, especially with the eligibility. I got him considerably hard in the NBC. I I don't see the Mariners heading in that direction unless there is injury or severe struggles. So I've got him fairly low.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's tough. I mean, I never thought Tyler Lockley would be like a great player, but the fact that he seems to be written off is a bit of a bummer. I mean, he's still like young kids twenty four years old.
Speaker 2: M hm, that he is. But until I start hearing something positive coming out of Seattle, Like what do you do.
Speaker 1: Does Anthony Rizzo get a chance to play in twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: If he stays in shape in the second half, he might.
Speaker 1: Yeah, any idea where he's going to sign.
Speaker 2: Not a clue. Whoever, du do injury needs a first basement. That would be the way I'd be approaching him with Rizzo.
Speaker 1: So who's playing first base and C and diego? Because Lewis the rises out there?
Speaker 2: Right? Yeah? Probably a rise?
Speaker 1: Yeah he is, wouldn't Anthony Rizzo looked better at first space and littles of rise. At least you get more power there.
Speaker 2: Joey Gallow looked better. Fills the uniform. He gives you some power. But no, again, I should be that negative on a rise.
Speaker 1: But uh, you got Eggie Rosario sitting at DH. I put Lewis a rise at d H and bringing a guy like Rizzo on a cheap one year deal or something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I have to work with all the kids before they trade him.
Speaker 3: Yeah, something like that, something like that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, No, I you look at his numbers, okay, and over the past two seasons. I'm just doing this off at the top of my head. I believe he hit twelve homers followed by eight homers last year. Like, I'm sure if they could get Rizzo, it would make sense to make a move like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, your your buddy, Ben Rice. Try to tell you, Tim, you would not listen too.
Speaker 2: Stubborn me stubborn. I'm shocked you said you knew me.
Speaker 1: I look, I feel bad. I mean, Ben Rice, he was a guy that got off the snide really well, looked like an unbelievable player, and the league just caught up to me. He's an okay player. He needs to get moved to get a shot. He's not gonna get a shot in New York.
Speaker 2: No, that ain't I agreed, But I think there's still enough skills if he if he is moved and gets it, I think he can be an okay player, not great, Okay.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, let's let's get to the tough questions here for some time.
Speaker 2: Say you didn't even list my bottom four. I I sort of smiled when I saw my bottom four.
Speaker 1: All right, let's look at ten bottom four Roddy to Laz, Justin Turner, Hose Bray really and Joey Gallo. Wow, Yeah, I guess out of those, I might consider Justin Turner just because I think he's gonna play a little bit. I mean, do the other guys. I guess Justin Turner's not not even hired, is he?
Speaker 2: No, none of they're all free agents.
Speaker 1: I thought just a Turner on the job. All right, Maybe I'm wrong?
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe, yeah, yeah, who knows.
Speaker 1: Anyway, Let's let's get to the tough questions here, my friend, Uh break down and we did the top ten chance? Okay, which player not in the top ten has a chance to emerge there next season?
Speaker 2: Not in the top ten? I'm not going I'm not.
Speaker 1: You can't say Spencer Steer, deer Berger, Bellinger, Goldsmith, Michael Bush, Toglia, Hoskins Neck or boy good luck. Uh trying to be bold, my friend.
Speaker 2: Yes, I think it might be. I'll go with Strand.
Speaker 1: Really I'm going to be really really bold, really really really bold. Nick Kurkzer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's the other way, because it's.
Speaker 1: Funny because you always want to take the eleventh guy, twelfth guy or whatever. And Timmy, I if those guys jump up, I'm bummed. I mean it's Bellinger, Goldschmidt, I mean, Bush, might Houstin Stile. They're just not very exciting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's why. Yeah. Yeah, Hey, Luke Graley, it's twenty five. Homer steels fifteen bases and drives any runs. Luke Raley could be a top ten first base. It's got to be somebody at first base. It's got to be somebody off the radar, deeper in the pack, because I just don't see, you know, when I look at that group from ten to twenty, other than Spencer Steer, they all come with their warts and they're not going away. Jake Berger is never going to hit two seven of I don't think Cody Bellinger. Yeah, Paul Goldschmith, you'd be at thirty seven, thirty eight next year. Yeah. Michael Bush, I think his steady is totally is all power and no batting average. Yeah, Hoskins to fourteen, I think more than the bad.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if we if we look, if you look as I got last year's rank here, I mean the guys that the two guys that really jumped up from last year were Michael Bush at four forty seven this year at two forty two, and Totally at seven six.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Everything else is, you know, just kind of shifting back and forth in the first base lot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, pretty much. Yeah, I agree, I do.
Speaker 1: Like those And you're throwing an Xavier or Isaac too. I mean there's this this three guys that you had grouped together with Kurtz, or this loops like Kurtz, Eldridge and Man, Kurts and Aldridge, or the maybe the two hope for the future in the next couple of years, that the guys that can really provide some excitement to the position. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And know the reason that I listed Isaac because I think there's the potential there. But I've got him a bit lower than those three because again it's the rays, right.
Speaker 1: Give me a couple of sleepers, Tim, a couple of sleepers.
Speaker 2: Well, I don't know if I don't know if he's a sleeper, but you know I'm all over dol Santos. Yeah, that's yeah.
Speaker 1: But that might be more with your heart, right.
Speaker 2: And then again we can bring up stubbornness into the discussion. Yeah, if I was looking at a total sleeper, I'd be drafting Nick Kurtz. I really would. Ah, you look at the situation in Miami, Mett nervous good at twenty five home runs there, I will I'm not taking it.
Speaker 1: I steak and liquor anything you want, I will do it on twenty five home runs.
Speaker 2: The only thing I could do steak and liquor on there with Nervous is that he finishes outside of the top fifty.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But other than that, you know, Josh Bell can hit twenty five home runs. Yeah.
Speaker 1: What's the last time he hit twenty five home runs? Though?
Speaker 2: Josh Bell, Well, let's just he's in Washington.
Speaker 1: Did he get signed by Washington? He just got signed recently, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's in Washington. He hit nineteen last year. The year before he hit twenty two, he hit seventeen. The last time he hit twenty five was in twenty twenty one. He hit twenty seven. Yeah, with Washington of ball teams.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know, he goes back to Yeah, he goes back home. Basically, I think it's more fifteen to twenty home run pop and he's going to be competing with somebody though, for with Nate Lowe, Well, are they gonna play? I guess I'll played, probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's gonna DG.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: But again, Josh belget are in his keep for you because it's not a very expensive keep right, it is not.
Speaker 1: I I do like Ronda. I hope he gets a shot. That's what it would be one of my guys that I would think. I don't see any calculus that gats Decenzo a shot, but that's a name to keep an eye on if somebody gets hurt and he gets a shot.
Speaker 2: It's just you look at that oatfield and you would think maybe there is a chance.
Speaker 1: Maybe, right, Yeah, man, I do look up born Olcarlo Santana. He's gonna hit twenty two home runs and you know, not crush you in batting average, on base skills, and be in the middle of a pretty good team, not a great offensive team, but that's not a bad guy for twenty three eighty kind of in what brown is he going in? Thirty fifth round?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 2: Twenty three homers last year, seventy one RBI scort. Yeah, you look at his numbers over the past four years, you get nineteen, nineteen, twenty three and twenty three. RBIs are sixty nine, sixty eighty six, seventy one. Yeah, the batting average two thirty eight to forty the two years prior to that two o two, two fourteen. So I I don't think I think I think there's he's a twenty seventy player. Yep, it won't kill you in batting average. Robp that's all right.
Speaker 1: If he gets if you get stuck like I did, it's not a not a horrible player.
Speaker 2: Weaver Wire as much as Jeff Hoffman did last year.
Speaker 1: Give me one. Give me a guy or two that you're disavoiding drafting.
Speaker 2: You're gonna limit it to one or two?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, somebody that's going early in the draft that you just don't want.
Speaker 2: Okay, Freddy Freeman, I won't touch this.
Speaker 1: You got it. That's good.
Speaker 2: Peter Alnzo, Yeah, uh, nope.
Speaker 1: Nope, you're you're you're going to avoid or nope, you'll you will take him?
Speaker 2: No, I am avoiding him.
Speaker 1: I agree with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, going down the list, I won't pay the price for Cody Bellinger. I don't want Paul Goldschmid. I'll take Michael Togalia. I didn't draft, so I just pure power Louise Rise. If we know the story, I don't need to go through that one again. Yeah, Andy Diaz as much the same for me as Luise arives. Ryan Ryan Mountcastle. I know i'll'll talk about the wall and moving everything out. No, that's not no. I don't see myself rostering Ryan Mountcastle in any leagues other than the Oh five, because we've got them and we're not letting go them. As Shanual is again, are ten fifteen home runs enough? Yeah, I'm I'm staying away from all idell for the most part.
Speaker 1: So is Freddy Freeman the bowl call there that maybe he is going to finally fall from an elite performer here? Are you willing to kind of put yourself out on a limb for that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I am willing to say that. I think Freddy Freeman will be a very good player, but I think we're going to start seeing a bit of a decline. I don't see those twenty stolen base type seasons, and hey, it has to happen at some point in time. He said that he's had an amazing career and he's still a very good player, but I don't think I don't think he warrants right now a draft slot of twenty four.
Speaker 1: Take our final break, Tim, come back and wrap this puppy up.
Speaker 3: Sounds good, amazing stuff.
Speaker 1: Tim, just really really good stuff. So thank you very much.
Speaker 2: I appreciate that.
Speaker 1: So next week, are we at second base?
Speaker 2: Oh, that's a that's a personal question. Rich.
Speaker 1: Wow, I'm hoping so hey, big hey, big boy at second base. I mean, I don't know how you mean to say it.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, that's that's the goal that Okay, Yeah, I'm gonna be working on it as soon as we get off the air and and get Nader. So yeah, hopefully second base. It's on the agenda for next Sunday.
Speaker 1: Well, Tim, have a great Sunday. Off It sounds like you got some plans and the following Sunday, I'm going to need you to hopefully, uh maybe do it at noon if that works.
Speaker 2: I'm cool with whatever works.
Speaker 1: Rich, Yep, so we'll well, we'll talk about that sometime between now and then. But great stuff, Tim, Any final comments.
Speaker 2: No other other than like I said, hey, you've got your you've got the guys that you want, and then you've got guys that you're gonna you're gonna sort of put up with. And in my books, I want one of the I want one of the top tier for first basemen. That's that's fairly important to me. This year.
Speaker 1: I would agree guys join us at the Patroons ipat r o N dot com, port slash Prospect three sixty one Top five hundred comes out this week. You get extra details on Tim's all this, all of this is rankings. You get my draft targets. It's it's a great sight over there. And you get a chance to support Tim and I for five bucks a month or fifty four dollars for the year. Tim, have a great week, my friend
Speaker 2: You as well, my friend, be safely, will and we'll catch you next Sunday.