Speaker 1: Thet don't understand, Dott.
Speaker 2: Welcome to the Squash on Radio. All right, everybody, Welcome to Squashing on Radio. I'm your host Engelman. Wah. I want to introduce you to Larry Basson, Larry the Animal guy, all the way from the state of Indiana, and we have Larry bassm live with us right now. Larry, I was having trouble with my audio. Do you hear me right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Harry, perfectly.
Speaker 4: Thank you great.
Speaker 2: That is awesome because it let me reconnect. I don't know what block talk radio has been giving me a lot of trouble lately. And so I can hang up from my phone because I had my phone on and I'm listening through my computer now at the same time.
Speaker 5: So well, we did.
Speaker 3: We had Larry Batson's Wild World. We did produced over one hundred and sixty shows of blog talk radio and.
Speaker 4: Everyone was nine.
Speaker 2: Wow. Yeah, I've actually been real, you know, actually introduced to another radio platform platform which I'm actually sharing, actually considering, and it's a much larger platform and it reaches a lot of people. So I mean, it's just so much to deal with right now. But you know, I've block talks have been good to me, but lately has been acting up. I don't know what the issue is.
Speaker 3: So well, we I have to God blessed Blockdog Radio because we, like I said, we did a lot of shows and I think over the all the shows that we did, we had close to eighty thousand downloads. So it's it does fine. I mean, but it is an adventure.
Speaker 5: Wow.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's awesome. Though, that's awesome.
Speaker 3: I mean what I got on to having on my show is classic rock stars. Oh yeah, I had on to name a few out of Al Jardine on from the Beach Boys, Dave Davies from the Kings, that's gonna really age me, Bobby Callswell from Captain Beyond, and so let's Gary Lewis from Gary Lewis and to Playboys, Jerry Lewis Is. We had quite a few rock stars on it. It was cool and they were I'll tell you what they're tell you the truth. They're very easy to talk into coming on the show, so it was it was very cool and they're and they're as you know, they're still available for that load. So anyone wants to listen.
Speaker 2: Okay, and and you're oh, I'm sorry, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Plus we had the legendary interview when and it's the only time it's ever happened. We had on John Green and Bob Gimblin on the same show.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there was actually people that transcribed that show and posted it on the internet. So yeah, that was that was very cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I know, this is one of the things that I do want to get to tonight. You know, I want to I do want to talk about the Roger Roger Patterson footage eventually. You know, that's one of the one of your presentations. Uh, I've gotten the watch off Bill Co Productions Dark Bill Lancaster's YouTube channel. I watched your presentation at the Sasquatch Watch of Virginia's Virginia Bigfoot Conference and you know, that was awesome and thank you. I loved your presentation. Yeah, and you're you're awesome with the crowd. I got to give you that, You're real good with the crowd. So you're definitely a people's first all.
Speaker 3: I've had a lot of practice. I've been doing wildlife lectures and schools and in front of a lot of different audiences for forty years, so I've had a lot of practice. In fact, we used to we did a lot of work with mutual of Omaha's Wild Kingdom, Jim Fowler, and that gave us the opportunity to take cannibals on shows like Johnny Carson, Today's Show, Oprah Winfrey, MERV Griff, and Mike Douglas, which really ages me. So I had a lot of practice.
Speaker 2: So, well, let me ask you, you'd being involved with wildlife research? Got what got you involved with that?
Speaker 3: With wildlife?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: In general, Well, I've always won. As a child, I was always interested in animals. But I think what really took me over the edge was I was very fortunate as a child because every summer our parents would go to Rocky Mountain National Park in Colorado as this park, and we'd go to those ranger talks, and I think this is what really inspired me to do lectures that I've been doing, like I said mentioned earlier, for four years. We did We attended one where there was a ranger there who had been hiking in a very remote area of Rocky mount In National Park called the Never Summer Range, and he took thousands of slides and he did a presentation for a full house and you could hear a pin drop during that whole lecture that he gave. And what was really cool about the whole deal is there was two mountainlin cubs or two or three mountain line cubs that were on the roof of this visitor center and you cant hear him running across the top of the roof during the lecture. So that was it was. It was beyond cool, and I think I truly believe that's what inspired me to do what I do.
Speaker 2: Now. Now, you're also involved with Bigfoot. Now, I'm gonna be honest, I don't know how involved you are, but I know you have a lot of knowledgeable Bigfoot. Now where did Bigfoot come into play here?
Speaker 3: Well, I've been involved with the Sasquatch and Bigfoot legend for close to fifty years, and I'd always been interested in and always did a lot of research about it, read lots of books. In fact, I can still remember buying Peter Burnsburg book when it first came out. I saw him do an interview on Mike Douglass I had to be guys six seventy six seventy five something like that, and I always and I read that book cover to cover, and I always had a fascination with it well. When I started doing the wildlife thing and working, like I said, with Wild Kingdom, Jim Fowler, who did not have any animals, would ask us to come different parts of the country to do lectures with him and bring our animals. And one of those lectures occurred in Calloway Gardens in Columbus, Georgia, and we were having breakfast, and he had just gotten back from Russia and they were doing a documentary for a show called Spirit of Adventure on the Russian brown Bears. And when he got over there, he said, over breakfast, he said, all the guides wanted to talk about the Russian guide is Bigfoot because they had seen something in those mountains that was very similar to what's been reported in of course, in northern California, Washington, Oregon, throughout Canada, Alaska. So that, you know, I thought, wow, that's pretty cool. It got me inspired about it again. So it wasn't shortly after that I was I've been doing a show in Cleveland called the American Canadian Sport Traveling Outdoor Show. I was there MBSC for their big stage show. Oh and did wildlife lectures and so forth there, and they asked me one year They says, we'd really like to do something different this year. Do you have any ideas? And I said, yeah, I do. I said, why don't we do a display on bigfoot sasquatch. I said, I'll put it all together. And they said that sounds like a fantastic idea, and they had a pretty good budget, so I'm putting this. In fact, I even build an eight foot sasquatch out of doc foam, carved out a doc foam in paper mache, and so they had a budget. So I started wanting more, you know, I wanted this stuff for this display. So I called Willow Creek, California, to Hodgson's Variety Store, which I was aware of, and talked to Al Hodgson and I told him, I said, well, I was had in mine and asked if he had any bigfoot souvenirs like cups, maps, whatever, and he did, and he said I do more and happy to send them to me. He also gave me the number for the Chamber of Commerce Willow Creeky said I'm sure that they'd send you all the brochures you want because this is a big show. And so I asked him, I said, do you know anyone that's ever you know, seen a bigfoot? And he said, well, who you need to talk to?
Speaker 2: Where?
Speaker 3: It was a couple of guys that were here not long ago. And if you say, he said, if you hang on, I'll give you their numbers. Well, those two guys that he was talking about was John Green and Bob Timas.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I called him up and in our conversation I persuaded him to come to Cleveland, Ohio for that show, and he came over for three days and lectured. We really lectured together, and what a nice guy he was, you know, it was truly it was an inspiration. Well, he said, who I need to talk to was Bob Titmas. So I called him up and uh, he wasn't very forthcoming at first. It was the latter part of his life. He was was very early. He wasn't doing very well. And I talked to Bob and he finally just opened up to me. He started talking. But I asked him, I said, I'm flat athlete. Have you ever seen a bigfoot? And he said yeah, he said I have. I said I've seen them twice. I said, well, tell me more about it. He said, Well, off the coast of Alaska in nineteen forty one when I was in the navy. He said it was almost dark and said, he said, I walked up on deck. All the rest of the sailors were down in the ship, playing cards, eating whatever, and he observed a bipedal animal walking along edge of the beach or the shore, i should say, and he watched it walk and up into the bush. He didn't tell anybody about it, but he had decided after that point, and when he got out of the navy, he was going to go in pursuit of this thing. And in his own words, he said, I have killed And he was a taxidermist and mounted just every animal native to that part of the world except one of those. And the second time that he had seen them in his research, as in nineteen sixty three, up in kid of matt British Columbia, he basically watched three of them climb a rock wall that have taken an experienced rock climber all day to do. They did in a matter of about thirty minutes. And I have to say, Daniel, that after I hung up the phone with him, it all changed because I was going to take this exhibit. I was going to have some fun with it, you know, because I wasn't certain that these things existed, But after my conversation with Bob, I was pretty well convinced that we had something here.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 3: And Bob Titmas was you were mentioned in a Patterson film. He's the one, yeah, that steered Roger in that direction of Bluff Creek, California. And luckily Roger had a friend and Bob Gimlin, that was willing to take off work and basically provided the horses and the transportation for them to get down there and do that.
Speaker 2: Now, the majority of us, yeah, I was gonna mention real quick. I know a majority of us are familiar with just the basic you know, the footage and just a brief story that was told there. Now you you had learned of some information that was that I don't think I've heard before till I heard the discussion of what you had brought up in your presentation at the Sasquatch Watch conference about something that you guys found over there.
Speaker 3: Well, Bob Titmas he had been in that area earlier. And for the folks that aren't familiar with that part of the country, that's rainforest and as he put it. If you get back in there and it gets dark, he says, you don't leave because you can wander around there and be lost for the rest of your life. They'll never find you. They've lost airplanes and that in that territory never found him. So that's what happened. He got so involved in looking for hair samples and footprints and all that that he realized it gets almost dark, and well it would get cold there at night. So what he basically had to do was dig a pit in the ground for him to lay in at night, cover himself up with leaves and branches to protect him against the weather. But the only thing exposed was his face, and that's where he slept well about I don't know one or two o'clock in the morning, he could hear something coming through the through the forest, and at first he thought it was elk, and he thought, if it's elk, I mean their hoods are like razor blades. He says, they'll kill me. They'll stop, they'll stop me to death, not even realizing it. But then he soon decided no, it was two legged, and all of a sudden it stopped and he could hear like it was smelling the air, and in his words, he says, it could smell me, but he couldn't decide where I was. So then it basically just started screaming and tore the woods. The part walked through the woods all night long, back and forth, back and forth, breaking tree limbs, throwing rocks, and the next morning when he got up, he said, hilarry, He said, it just looked like a bulldozer been through those woods. But he found footprints. Well after the Gimlin Patterson film had been shot, he went down to Bluff Creek and he first didn't find those prints because Bob had gone the night of the filming. It started to rain. He said, those prints need to be covered up to protect him because there was going to be tracking dogs coming in the next day. And so Bob he had trouble finding those prints. But when he finally figured out what they'd done covered him with the tree bark, he got onto it. He looked at these prints and he realized it was the same print that he had seen two or three years earlier, that when he was laying in that pit all night and that thing was screaming at him back and forth and running through the woods all night. So that was pretty sobering when he thought it was the same animal. And Bob Gimblin had told me that they had seen three different sets of prints in that area, him and Roger had, so there's basically three different animals that they had seen. And you know, when you look at that film, why doesn't that thing it just stays in the open. Why did this make a left and go up into the trees and be gone? I mean it didn't have to stay up for that long. Well, what it was, and Native Americans have told me this, it's the ill broken wing trick that it wanted to see what those guys were going to do if they were going to follow him, because there was two other sasquatches in that area which probably were just in the tree line, and Bob and Roger just didn't see him. And this thing is trying to divert the attention, so it follow them, and Bob did for a short distance. After Roger found his horse, Bob tracted to realize that was fruitless because of the terrain and so forth. So when Bob Gimblin got there, Bob Timmus got there and found the footprints, he tracked it and he tracked it up to the side of this hill, and at the top of this hill there was these rocks about the size of golf balls covered with green moss. And he said, you could see where this thing is set its heels down and set its buttocks into the ground. And basically he told me, and he said, from that vantage point, it had a complete view of the valley to see exactly what those guys were going to do. So while they were casting those footprints, his thing was watching them.
Speaker 2: Hmm. Now I've heard what you shared earlier. You know, how it was possibly directing its attention away from others that may have been in the area. You know, I've actually heard that from several other people in their you know, in their thoughts or fairies. You know that that could have been the possibility, which you know, if you think about it, it makes sense.
Speaker 3: Well, they probably heard it from me originally because I was the first one, I think to disclose that information. In fact, a lot of these stories that got out of up Timothy and they were even John Green hadn't heard before.
Speaker 2: Mmmm. Yeah, that's like that's you know, like when I was in elementary school, you was, we would get in a circle and then one one kid, one person would start off a rumor or whatever, and then by the time it gets around, well that's a different scenario. I'm sorry, but it's like, yeah, it's like a chain reaction. But but then again, you know, along the lines, people do change some stories and stuff, you know, but the best stories always come from the originals that were there, so that's good. So there's some other theories where people believe that there was maybe i mean little ones, you know, like you mentioned, you know, because they said they did find other tracks here like you mentioned. Now some people want to believe or claim that there was a really young one, like we're talking possible infant juvenile that was called Now you know, people play around with that footage all the time and do what they can with their own computers. I mean, I know there's graphic univisor is pretty much to that apart, you know.
Speaker 3: So yeah, so much you can see with that film because of the quality of equipment that was used in I mean, that's the same camera my dad filmed our vacations on and when you look at the bouncy part, we had entire vacations that look like that. So you know, you can only take so much out of that old film, and computers have done a lot where they've stabilized and so forth. But then there was that silly uh story that there's been a massacre there.
Speaker 2: I've heard that too, Yes, I heard that. I'm on the fence about that. I don't. I don't see nothing that supports that, to be honest with you, I really don't. And but well then.
Speaker 3: Yeah, then let me explain something that. And I'm just sure anybody that spent any time with doing any type I mean, when you go into the forest with these things, you're a moron. I mean, let's say we're we're pretty damn pitiful. I mean, take off our clothes and walk into the force and survive on your own. It ain't gonna happen. So you know, they're they're these things are geniuses when it comes to uh uh survival and we're not. And that's that's just you know, I always laugh at these guys that go bigfoot researching and they wear camouflage, whom. You know, these things are smart enough that they realized they associate camouflage with hunters. Hunters they associate with guns, and then you know they've dodged bullets before we're actually been hit by bullets, I'm sure. So I tell people, I said, if you want to go do research on Sasquatch, I says, you know, don't go a night because one of the best film has been made, you know, the Patterson Gamblin film Daytime, the Freeman film Daytime, the Russian Oh, I don't think it was Russian. The Canadian film where it was up along the ridge daytime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this is at night.
Speaker 3: There ain't no chance in hell, I said, at night. The coloration of these things, they're invisible. I mean, they could walk up within two foot of it and you wouldn't know, acknowledge you spelled them or earn them. So I said, get you a nice bright Hawaiian. Sure, don't even think about Bigfoot and go out in the suppose areas, and your chances of observing one or seeing one's much better.
Speaker 2: Well with what you just said makes me feel like the encounter I had back in twenty fourteen. That almost adds more credibility to what I saw. And the thing is I wasn't alone. There was six of us. And if you don't mind, I like to briefly run that by you. Really, Yeah, It was actually during a twenty fourteen camping expedition. You know, it was our Bigfoot camping expedition. And like I said, there was a group of us, six of us all together, and from where our base camp was, we had traveled on foot up the forest road down to the lake that was in the area. You know, we were there just before it got dark. We were paired up in two spread out and around the lake. You know, we were listening to our parabolic microphones. We gave off some vocalizations, you know, we've actually got oh well, we gave off one particular vocalization and we actually got a response from it, which was pretty cool. Well, after hanging around there and just listening and everything, we regrouped and then we started back on foot. We had about a mile hike back to camp. And of course by this time is way late. We didn't realize the time until you know, we actually looked and here we are, we're walking back up the forest road. You know, we still had a good days ago. And as we're walking up the forest road, you know, we saw a deer on the one side, you know, because we got headlamps on. Our headlamps were we're looking around. We're just crowsing as we're walking, and we're talking at normal tone. We weren't trying to be quiet, you know, yeah, just on a way. We wanted to get back to camp, you know.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: So here we are, we're walking and I'm actually up in front of in front of everybody. We're kind of like in a stretched out, scattered line. And then something, after seeing the deer on the right, something caught my attention up on the left. And the first thing I saw it was sitting kind of low, and I'm like, I'm staring at it. What the heck is that? Now? What I was seeing was bright yellow glow reflection from off my head lamp. And one of the first things that ran through my mind before this is before I seen it blink and I got more focused. There was a set of eyes. Well we have in the National Forest, we have these little yellow plaques, you know, they usually say, you know, go travel whatever. And so I'm thinking, I'm I'm seeing some kind of yellow reflective that's on a shree. But then I start to walk up a little closer and then all of a sudden, I see two uh, you know, I said, of eyes blink at me. And that's when I signaled back to the next guy behind me, Tracy Arnold. I said, Tracy, we got eye shine up here. And he spotted it, and he told the rest of the guys get up here. We got eye shine. We got eye shine. So we all get up to this area because whatever was there apparently disappeared. But when we get up there, we were looking into the area. Sure enough, whatever was up just off the edge of the forest road, we caught, uh, you know, we got a glimpse of it again. And the first thing we noticed bright yellow eye shine. And we did not see the body, but we see the eyes so clear. You know, there were bright yellow, ambush looking eyes. And this subject, this looked this figure that was kind of short, was swaying back to back, you know, side to side, and you know, I was saying, what the heck, And you know, then that's when we took notice there was another one next to it, but five six feet away. Now, this one here was much taller than this little one. This one here we estimated at that time about six foot tall. Because one thing is, when I tell people this story, I was at the time, we didn't realize the edge of the road sloped down to where this subject was. So we're noticing there's two of them. Now, Now we got one, you know, we're saying four or five, four to five feet tall. The other one was a good six foot tall, and it was just staring there. It was just, you know, the same same color, eyes, bright yellow, and they were blinking and they it blinked maybe once or twice. And for a good little moment there we were staring at Justice two and there's an excitement starting to grow, you know, like what are we looking at? You know, And then and then it didn't dawn on us till after we saw another subject behind the book, just to the right of the one subject that was around six foot tall, we noticed something else behind the bushes, and you can see the eyes reflecting from off of a light. Again, same color and what appeared to be it may have been crouched down. And then this subject as it got taller, it was well over seven to eight foot tall, and you can see the eye level difference. Now at the time this is after midnight, where this was approximately around twelve thirty in the morning, and we're observing three sets of yellow eyeshine. And this is what kind of got me. Well, I think this is what got a couple of us more exciting, because I think there's only two of us that actually saw this next part. I think Tracy was the one who observed this. I can't remember if the others did or not, but me and Tracy both saw this. But we saw of the tallest subject. We seen the head turn to the side, and then apparently it took a step or two and they looked back at us. At that moment, you could see a slight silhouette of the roundness of a head, you know, And then the thing is here, it is it's pitch here, and we're look, we got a headland. We all have headlands. You think there will be enough light in there to see something, but it's like the power of the darkness blending in with whatever color of their hair or fur is. And but that's the most we actually seen is the eye shine and the silhouette of the tallest one. The other ones, I didn't make no sense why we didn't see more of them, because that little one, you know, like I kind of had the bobbin swaying side to side motion. And the thing is when I when I see that, it kind of makes me think of a primate, you know, but I mean I heard or yeah, it was weird. You know a lot of times people claim to see them by trees or just standing there swaying side to side. Well that's what a small one was doing. So like, yeah, like you mentioned, they can be in total darkness right in front of you, you won't see them.
Speaker 3: And in those lights you would have ever seen them.
Speaker 2: Absolutely, So that was mysterious until this day. Well, we went back to camp, and after we got back to camp, me and Tracy started thinking about something. I said. We were kicking ourselves in the butt because we both had backpacks on and the thing is, in our backpacks we had night vision monoculars there in our backpack, but not once did we ever think about pulling them out to get a better view. And so, yeah, but we were trying to debunk the whole situation. Could have been this could have been this because I've had a lot of encounters with black bears. I've seen We've had I know, I got mountain lions out there, I found their tracks, you know, and I'll think it of every other possibility, what animal could this be? Well, I don't know, it it was kind of. I don't know, it was. It was exciting trying to debunk it. We even went back the next day to do a height comparison, and you know, our estimates were pretty pretty close to be inaccurate because of the tall subject was definitely around the eight foot mark, and then of course we had about six foot and then the small one. So we like to believe that what we saw was a family unit, you know, so, but I don't know that that was us was very exciting. Well, if you know, I'm sorry for rambling on.
Speaker 3: No, no, that's no, no, no, absolutely not. If the primates, if you see one, there's two or three or four or five he didn't see. That's just that's just back to the whole deal. Okay, there's no there's no there's no primate species in the world that travels single solo, right. There are always family groups for safety reasons, and so you know, the ending of Harry and the Henderson's is probably the most sobering thing you'll ever see when you watch Harry walk into the forest and all of a sudden there's several of them just to peer up behind trees.
Speaker 2: Yeah, very true, and that part exactly, you know, a lot of us. I'm sure, I'm sure others will agree. I mean, I guess it's the safe to say that's natural camouflage, right.
Speaker 3: Oh, they're they're almost invisible even in the daytime. I mean, I take it out, they'll never see him. I mean basically the same coloration as a bear. And you talk to people, you know, bear hunters, if they didn't use dogs or baits, they never kill one, right, fact, they're they're elusive. I mean, you're black bear is about as intelligent as your great apes. They just don't have the facial expressions or the or the or the well, the facial expressions primarily.
Speaker 4: But oh yeah, so I mean.
Speaker 3: You go walking through the forest one to see a bear, it ain't gonna happen now that you're you know, well, if you're up a tree stand, I suppose during deer season, not a couple of pretty funny videos.
Speaker 2: And that's one thing I tell people, because you know, I know it's weird. You know, everybody has their own way of having Everybody has their own thoughts and theories or based off of the research in the field, how they observe things. And you know, I don't know, I guess in a way I like to say, I'm I feel like I'm what's the right word I'm trying to use. I can't think of it, But you know, I mean, well fortunate, you know, because I mean I've got I've got to observe a lot of different wildlife just into one particular ERAa I'm in and you know, I'm in the George Washington National National Forest all the time. And uh, I've had, like I said, I've had several encounters with black beers, some of them close, some of them further away, you know, because usually by the time I'm seeing they're already get going the other way because you know, they've already smelt you whatever.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 2: And but you know, it's it's always exciting scene wildlife.
Speaker 3: I pers and I know a lot about their behavior. So uh, they're they're they're sharp and and as I said, not less you know, and you know, still National Park of course, now those bears have been moved out. If people didn't feed them out of the cars, they would never see them because they're societative and diligent. So far as his sasquatches, that's a whole different deal. I mean, you just multiply bad times ten. So, yeah, anybody you got a better chance? I don't. I don't know how to compare it. You got a better chance of getting struck by lighting on a Tuesday at four o'clock in the afternoon and walking into force and seeing a sasquatch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, you know. And real quick about the bears. You mentioned talking about bears, howelucid they only are. And I know, I know a lot of people heard me. You know, they've heard me numerous times. I have a comparison, I do in a few different ways when it comes to sasquatch and bears. But do you do you believe bears have a similar pattern to a sasquatch as far as their behavior or their patterns? What's that?
Speaker 3: Well, I don't know that they're both unpredictable. That's the only reason there isn't more film and pictures, well good pictures. I know there's a bunch of blop pictures. But their their behavior is totally unpredictable, that's the thing about it. And bears are to you because they show no expression.
Speaker 2: They know.
Speaker 3: A lot of bear handlers have been heard or killed because they you know, bears are tough to figure out. Sometimes. But but I've been around them enough. You know, I've raised these two bears for close to twenty years and work with them and been around them daily that I know bear behavior pretty well.
Speaker 2: In fact, that's pretty good now.
Speaker 3: I feel comfortable to feel with wild black bears as far as and knowing what's up and knowing what they're going to do, because basically.
Speaker 4: You're black bears.
Speaker 3: Just I mean you stream and yelling way for our that's out of their knowledge there. Oh yeah, they're big chickens.
Speaker 4: They're not funny.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, we have Ryan reading on the line. He's one of the co hosts. He wanted to jump in there. I was gonna let him jump in there real quick. Go ahead, Ryan, Thanks Dan.
Speaker 3: How you doing, Larry?
Speaker 6: I just certainly say you were doing this for about fifty years. Were there any areas that you frequented more often for your research purposes or you know, getting out.
Speaker 3: There live in research? I can be I live in Bigfoot country, so I'd be taking my trash out one night and walk into.
Speaker 4: One and there.
Speaker 3: My wife says, the same name is that if you're looking for it, you're not going to find it.
Speaker 2: Exactly.
Speaker 6: It seems to happen when when you least expect, they encounters yourself.
Speaker 3: Visual not that great, you know, I uh, not not what I would consider spectacular ones. I've you know, we've had him around the property before. They've had my tigers all worked. They thought tigers. Well this The history of that event was I had friends that were putting them. We were putting up the new bear enclosure, and I'd gone off to fights for all meet tiger food for that day. And I get back and I had a couple of friends from Florida that were helping me cater runners and they said, hey, they were stopping walking down your valley while he was going. It was big. Couldn't see it. It was big. So I didn't think anything about it. So that next uh or that same night, I'm feeding the cat. And at that time I had one Siberian tiger named Louis. He was a huge. He was about six hundred pounder and basically when you fed him, it was like he had to make a kill. He get all upset, growl, spit, etch in the whole bit where you know, I'm taking a bucket of meat out to him and basically just pour it in his house and have at it. You don't have to make a kill. Brother, It's easy. Well, that particular night after they heard that. That day, I was walked up to his enclosure with that bucket of meat, and he wasn't coming up to the door like he normally did. So I thought, oh, what's happened? And I looked down. It was dark. I looked down at his enclosure and he was clear at the other end, like one of those concrete statues you see if the lions or tigers that people have by their driveway, and he was looking straight back in the woods, straight back in that valley. And I looked down at the other cats and they were all doing the same thing. So I was probably within, oh I don't know, twenty thirty yards of one. And I didn't think much about it. So I thought about later that if I'd walked back in that woods, I'd probably run right into one. So but.
Speaker 2: That's interesting, you know, being on your own property.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Well, my wife said inside, he's here before, and she you know, she'd kill me if I'm tell anybody she's the same He said, she's the same thing. Leave him alone. I was going to lecture in southern Indiana, to finished election. This little old lady walks up. She says, I know what you're talking about. I seen them. She says people should leave them alone. And she just patted me on my hand. I says, ma'am, you're absolutely right, You're absolutely right, just leave them alone, because you know, it's basically when I talked to Yellowstone Park ranger Bob Jackson, and he had a sighting. And Bob Jackson was the best park ranger Yellowstone's ever had. He arrested more people for poaching, and his thirty years and all the rangers combined, and he observed a sasquatch stalking a deer in Yellowstone National Park, and his testimonies put people in prison, cost him tens of thousands of dollars, cost him equipment. And if he says he watched a sasquatch stalk a deer and he doesn't care if anybody believes or not, I tend to call that a pretty valuable witness. So pretty much after my conversation with him, I realized that all the feelings I had about this were right, that they do exist. They're very rare, very unpredictable, very highly intelligent, very strong, you know, and I think a lot of people it was they've run into one face to face, their feeling about pursuing them or camping out to find them and changed drastically. Because I'm not saying they're not violent creatures either, because I've had reports that are Indian reservations up in Washington, in Washington and Canada where people have been killed by them. So you know, I'm not saying they're peaceful. You know, people disappear in the forest all the time, never found. You know, I'm not saying it because of that by no means. But one of the stories that were reports that I'd got was out of a reservation up just south of the Canadian border Washington, where three young Native Americans were running salmon their salmon traps lines and they didn't come back. Well. When they sent a party out to look for them, they found them. One had been basically buried underneath the pile of rocks, one had been completely dismembered, and one the third body that was found, What basically had happened to him is something that grabbed him by the ankles and beat him up against the tree. Because there was brain tissue on all the trees around that area where they found the body. And there's several incidents that I've heard of people finding coyotes that have been grabbed by their feet and beaten up against trees. That's been reported before. Of course, it kind of falls in line with taking a piece of wood and beating it up against a tree to track them or to get a response. So you know, I don't think a lot of people don't realize what they're messing with here. And basically, the one Native American she told me, she said, I was one specific area that I've done a lot of reports with. Sometimes I kind of regret because then guys from what's that stupid show not finding Bigfoot then going into this area and did a pretty silly show down in southern Indiana morgam And Road State Forest. And this Native American gal twenty five years ago told me that there was five of them living in that forest and she could call them in, but she said, if you get between a male and a female or a male and a baby, he'll kill you. I said, well, how does he do that? She said, he grabs you, buy your ankles and beat you up against the tree.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, So I believe it.
Speaker 3: So that's pretty, you know. And so I've heard that more than once. I've heard that story, So you know, I take some faith in that. I you know, I take a lot of I take basically, what I do is I get a report or you know, And I'm not interested at all in the report of one. We're walking across the front of my car and gone, that's not interesting at all, because you know, what are you going to do? Go back to that area? That thing's fifty miles from there by. Now I'm interested in the reports that a little bit more substantial, something more of interest has happened, something more has been observed. I still say there's somebody out there that's got a film that's better than the Patterson film by a long shot, but they're not going to release it. They're not going to show it because that film has been made at their vacation spot or their place they've bought, worked their life to buy the retirement place. Realizing that they would release that film, that every guy in camouflage and night vision would show up at their house and it would be a dang circus. So they don't. So I know for a fact that there's I know there's somebody out there that's got a really, really, really good film. And I have in my collection a picture from the nineteen forties of a fellow in northern California that took this picture. And he always used to tell his family says he had an apple orchard. He said, Oh, people of the forest come out and eat my apples. Well, they're thinking that grandpa's just goofy. His Alzheimer's has already said him. Well, so when he passed and they go through all this stuff, you know, they're picking his bone basically after he dies, and going through his valuables and all that. Well, they found a box full of pictures, and sure enough, one of those pictures is of this thing, hair covered round head, huge shoulders, and they could see had been taken right there in his orchard. So that was in nineteen forty nineteen forty one. And when they laughed at him, he just shut up about it. And you know, Daniel Boone and his journals has said that he killed the sasquatch in Kentucky and buried it held it. When he told people about it, they laughed at him, so he just shut up about it. Say any more about Jill. You know, he'd written the story in the journals. George Shaller, who's the foremost probably the foremost zoologists in the world. Uh, he did more research on the snow leopard, has a big foot cast on his wall. And when you in his office in Chicago and when you ask him about it, his answer always is, there is no proof. There's no evidence that they do not exist. None.
Speaker 2: Yet you're absolutely right. That's a good point. I've been in that argument with skeptics and non believers with a simple question, could you prove to me that they don't exist?
Speaker 3: You know, yeah, anybody that's a skeptics saying, oh, there is no way, Well, they've done no research on it.
Speaker 4: Right, you know, they have walked in my shoes.
Speaker 3: They haven't talked to all the people I've talked to that have seen them, and you know, and I know, I you know, I can tell a liar in a minute, because I'm a pretty damn good one myself, And but I haven't liked in the last forty four minutes.
Speaker 2: So but thank you.
Speaker 3: The truth of the matter is, is anybody spent any time on this, because there was you know, I was skeptical before i'd called John Green. I was skeptical before I talked to Bob Timmoth. But when John Green flew to Cleveland, Ohio and he walked into that holiday inn at the restaurant lounge in his big Canadian sweater with his wife and we sat down and talked in kind of a dimly lit room, I'll tell you what, it was probably one of the most phenomenal experiences I've ever had. And in fact, he was a very generous man. He gave me cassette tapes of Roger Patterson interviews and all this stuff he'd done. He just he just just gave me tapes.
Speaker 2: Is here go on?
Speaker 3: And one of the biggest I have two regrets that he had given me permission to make an audio book of Sasquatch or the Sasquatch apes, of the the apes among us. He'd give me permission to do that, make an audio book of it, and I wish and I never did it. The second thing that i'd got permissions on, there's three things. Second permissions, Bob Tipmas had said, if you come up to Harrison Hot Springs, British Columbia, you can make copies of all these casts that I have, which included the Patterson film cast and I never got there to do it. And John Green had asked me because he thought I would be the most credible person to do it. Is to come out, go to British Columbia and pick up a copy of the Skookham cast and take it to guys like George Shaller and various zoologists all over the country. He was going to pay me to do that one summer, and those are my responsibilities here. I just I just couldn't do it. Plus I didn't want to tell him what that might cost him. I would be embarrassed. But in fact, oh gosh, Rick, I can't think of his last name off the top of nol. He'd also give me permission to take the copy of the cast and share it with a zoologists in a different part of the country that wouldn't have a chance to see that cast, not unless they went to Washington. I think they added at Harrison Hotsprings. I think I don't recall. So those are three regrets I wish I'd never done. And you know, when I spoke to the US Fish and Wildlife Service on the big Foot, I spoke at the National Conservation Training Center. This is in two thousand and nine. I believe to a group of about two hundred and fifty scientists and zoologists and naturalists. John said to me, he said, Larry, he said, next to the Patterson film, that is one of the most important thing that's ever happened to this Bigfoot legend. For you to get the US Fish and Wildlife Service to actually pay you to come into a lecture on the subject the sponsored he said, it was unbelievable, and that made me feel pretty humble. I mean, I thought, my god, so you know I have in this and now of course they're gone, so the chances of doing those things is out the window. In fact, we actually had I had a production company here in Indiana. I had them sold. In fact, I had it entirely all put together. The John Green, myself and Bob Gimmlin, We're going to ride on horseback to the film side of Bluff Creek and shoot a film of sitting around a campfire that night and talking about that day in nineteen sixty seven. But the production people here in Indiana said, well, they saw legend meat Science Jeff Mildram's show with the Discovery Challenge. He said, they said, you know, there's a half a million dollars worth of effects in that film. We can't do anything like that, he says, I'm not asking you to. I said, this is going to be very honest. This is going to be very truthful. This would have been something that would have been in every bigfoot person's library of John Green and Bob Gimlin talking about the Patterson film around the campfire there at the film site, no effects, nothing, just raw footage of us talking about that day. And when they pulled out of that project, I was sick. I thought, my god. I said that was going to be so cool. I had Bob Gimlin ready to come down from Yakamal, Washington and this trailer with three horses, and we were going to go and film it. But it didn't happen.
Speaker 5: It's never too late.
Speaker 3: Well, John Green's gone and Bob Gimblin is not in good health now, so it is too late.
Speaker 2: So that's true.
Speaker 3: Well, so that can't happen. I still am very I encourage people to listen to if it's on the internet, of the blog talk program I did with Bob Gimbling and John Green, because it's it's it's a hell of a good program. I have to say myself. I wouldn't respond. I just managed to arrange it and put it all together. But as far as the actual program, it's Bob and John. They were phenomenal.
Speaker 2: M Yeah, I've always wanted to meet Bob, you know, I mean, I know he's had a lot of conventions, you know, I know he attends the Big for Conference a lot, and I went there for the first time this past year and I really was impressed. It was really nice. Got to meet a lot of great people, Jeff Melgium and Chris Barackman, Bobo, you know, several others, and uh, you know a lot of people you've always known just through social media and you got you finally get to meet him in person, and you know, and sometimes would share stories and swap information and you know, and just have a global times well marked.
Speaker 3: The worse than one. Heck of a job with that. I did it in the early days before it's kicked off, when Don Keating was doing it and Mark was of course helping as well, but I was doing it before it really kicked off. And uh, Mark has done a phenomenal job with it. You know, it's promoted it well, and you know he's a pet Barnum as far as I'm concerned in a bigfoot lore. Yeah, in fact, I'm on hockey I was at Hockey Hills. Uh Hi, Yeah, I'm gonna do that. And next September, I think is the time. I'm not quite sure, but I've already I've already told him I would do that.
Speaker 2: So I definitely want to talk to you off air. You know about a few you're you know, would you ever come back to Virginia?
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, Well I've got a couple of nieces in Virginia that heck, when we went there and did the conference with Billy Willard, they came over and I'd never met them before.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I remember that.
Speaker 4: I saw the pictures.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wouldn't take me too much to get back. I love Virginia. I think, you know, as far as I'm concerned, that's probably Bigfoot Central.
Speaker 4: You got that much wild area.
Speaker 3: It's no where nobody's been that tells me that the population of those things is probably greater than anywhere.
Speaker 2: Well, I can tell you, you know, just me alone, as far as reports I've gathered, you know, when I when I when I started putting more information out publicly. I mean, you'll be surprised the people that came out of the woodwork that was willing to talk.
Speaker 3: You know, I've always said the reports don't get reported, or sis never get reported. Yeah, because most people don't want people think they're an idiot. They don't. They refuse to believe what they've seen, and.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you don't. Yeah. These are people that weren't believers, so they couldn't believe what they saw, you know, standing on the side of the road and crossing the road. You know.
Speaker 3: Oh, yeah, absolutely, I mean that's happened. I mean, you get law enforcement people that have seen these things be forse they just shut up about it.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 3: I had a signing within Oh god, it's within a half mile of here. The conservation officer told me about and he found sixteen inch footprints after the siding, and he said, I can't say anything about this. He said, I'll show you the area, said, I'll tell you what happened. I investigated it and it was a pretty wild one. It was guys hunting squirrels and they one of the young men came up upon one. Basically they charged him and then that moment of charging, this kid sunk to his knees, even though he had a shotgun in his last up and had total fear, And as they took off through the woods, screaming like a babin and his friend saw it too, and his friends thought he just picked up his gun and ran home about three miles. In fact, they couldn't find him right away, and they thought once it happened to him and he was at home, and they kept him apart in the conservation officer that got called and investigated it, he kept them apart and both had them both draw pictures of what they'd seen, and they drew the same thing. They weren't artists by any stretch of the imagination, but they drew the same thing. And that family moved out of that area. It's it's I didn't get there in two minutes from my house this course that this happened in.
Speaker 2: So that's awesome.
Speaker 3: Morning outside and hear it sounds that I couldn't explain what they were not my back door.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've heard various different sounds, screams, you know, I mean, you know, I've I've heard different howls. I heard whoops and you know, but a lot of howls, you know, I get a lot of that, like the sound off at night. Uh bart, I was a very famous in my area. They're very common.
Speaker 3: Yeah, several of my back. Well. Bob Jackson, the y Elston Park ranger, when he described the screams that they had heard, he was he was on horseback with a talking to a guide to hunting guide and basically he described as this sound came out of a valley, sound like a thousand elk going to their death. He said, there's no animal there that he knew of. They could have made the gott in that volume or the length of the scream, that amount of power that he was aware of. And all the trail crews in Yellowstone National Park fine footprints and sea things. And when they had the big fires in Yellowstone, I said, how many years ago? He said, for about five or six years ago. That for five or six years excuse me, they weren't reported, but they came back and there they see him in Yellowstone from time to time. I told Jim, Bob told me. He said, the place is table mountain T A B L E. So that's the area. Let's go for vacation Yelstow National Park camping there.
Speaker 2: Nice. Now you mentioned you know you're talking about how law enforcement. You know, some law enforcement have seen things, are you. I'm sure you're familiar with the Beast of Whitehall that was featured on the Monster Quest.
Speaker 3: I think so that one Bender Nagel was in.
Speaker 2: I can't remember if he was in it, and you may have been. Yeah, the white Hall, New York. The police officer who actually had the sighting in nineteen seventy six. His name is Paul Goslin. Yeah, yeah, he was the police officer back then. I was recently contacted by his wife and she which I was like, I was kind of like, whoa, okay, you know, her name is Sue, Sue got Sutling, and she gave me a run back. She messaged me through my my event page for the conference that we're having this coming this year here, and you know she was she checked it over and she was telling me how impressive she was the way everything's looking. And she explained to.
Speaker 4: Me who she was.
Speaker 2: I mean, she introduced herself, said hey, mom, my husband was the police officer that was featured on Monster Quest who had a sighting back in nineteen seventy six. It's known as the Beast of Whitehall and and she mentioned that they have a book coming out. They have a new book coming out. It's you know, based off the true story and everything, and uh, yeah, it's all on a true story. Actually excuse me. And she had actually asked if they could attend to our event and I was like, yeah, absolutely, you know, I mean I want book. Yeah, I mean, I'm booked on speakers. But I told her, I said, you tell I told her. I said, I'll tell you what. I will fit you in there. I'll get you in there. You guys go have a table and in the early you know, I said I could get you know, if Paul wants to come up and say a few words, I'll be glad to throw him in there in the early part of the day one. You know, we have a two day conference. So I said, I'll definitely fit him in there. I said, that would be great to have him there. You know, you know the band that was featured on the Monster Quest, you know, and you know it's to me, it's a famous New York you know, you know documentary and sighting, you know, so the Beast of Whitehall. So so yeah, we got Paul Goslin, the police officer and his wife they'll come down to sell their books and you know, speak a few words on everything, which I thought would be pretty cool.
Speaker 3: So but well, I did I have film Monster Quest. It never aired because I made fun of him the whole time. Oh man, I said, now the hell you guys talking bigfoot with with a catering crew, a light guy and a sound guy. Uh, you know this big crew and it ain't gonna happen. See And he told me I was so bad. She said, they came because they were here at my house, a crew from Minnesota, and they come down and they did a couple I did turn them onto a couple of good witnesses and they filmed them. But they said, what do you think of our chances of going out and filming in Bigfoot? I said about one in a million. I said, but if I if I thought that you would and I was going to take you there and thought that she might have a chance to get a film of a bigfoot, I said, I'd already have an arrangement made with you. She said, well, what was that? I said, you would only one million dollars, because that's probably what that film would be worth. It was worth a whoon. They just got mad, and they didn't run none of the footages we shot because I made I made fun of him. I thought it was dumb. It's about like finding Bigfoot, you know. It's I had ideas for Bigfoot shows thirty years ago, and then all of a sudden, now it's become like I don't know, it's become a phenomenon, which I think is great. I think a lot of people if they want to go look for big so whatever takes it gets them in the woods and out in front of a computer. I'm all for.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, yeah, brother, absolutely.
Speaker 3: I said, anything gets you in contact with mother Nature. I said, you see, you're not gonna be thinking about it. You're gonna be entranced on something else. And this is gonna become completely by accident if it ever happens.
Speaker 2: But you don't go for what, We'll tell you what, Larry, I have more questions, but uh, you know, I'm gonna let we have Zach Strick in here, and uh, I'm sorry, Zach, I've been I put the poor guy on hold, but I know he's got a few things he wants to get up there, you know, and probably throw in there to be part of this. So Zach, you're now live with us, So if you have any questions or anything you want to ask, Larry, go ahead, Zack.
Speaker 5: Well, first off, mister Batson, it's a very nice finally meet you. And I mean I mean all that I mean, Larry, you're not not even two hundred miles away from what my base of operations is with my team in southern Illinois. I'm from round Carbondale, Illinois. If you know where that's at, yeah, And I mean you could tell and you probably will agree with me that in you and my part, between you and me, where you're from in Indiana and where I'm at here in Illinois, that it would be perfect habitat for Bigfoot to hide out because there's a Shawne National Force between you and me, there's the Garden of the Gods and a whole bunch of things. And especially right here in south Illinois where the rivers intersect, where Ohio River and Mississippi River meet, it's prim trafic corridor.
Speaker 3: Well, I've had the snakes in those areas.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we got Tama rattlers, copper heads.
Speaker 7: Uh, Now.
Speaker 3: I know wild area. I have a I've collected reptiles and know that area before.
Speaker 2: So Hey, Zach, real quick, sitting out in you? Are you sitting out in your truck tack? Yeah, I hear a lot of wind in your microphone.
Speaker 5: Well that's because I'm breathing in it to it. I've got it on speakerphone where I can sit here and lessen and relax.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, you don't have to speak so close to it them. That's why. That's why I use a headset. I'm hands free, but it's kind.
Speaker 5: Of hard when people steal your headsets.
Speaker 2: Well, it's no different if I was gonna sit out in my miniv and I have a I have a phone mount that's mounted. It's my windshields, so you know that when I do my Facebook rides when I'm driving. But just a suggestion, But getting back to what.
Speaker 5: Larry was talking about where people get drug out of their tents and how a sasquatch could be an aggressive creature, I wholehardly agree. And Larry, you, being a researcher for wildlife, you can agree with me whenever I say this, and Daniel tell you I've said this plenty of times that any kind of creature, whether it be human or animal, if you back them into a corner, or you get between them and they're young, you're gonna have a fight on your hands.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, I've got a possibly've rescued. It'll kick your ass in a minute.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've seen that. I'm a cattle farmer, and I'm a cattle farmer here in southern Illinois, and I have forty head of black angus limousine and charolete.
Speaker 4: Her for cat.
Speaker 5: And I know I know that firsthand. You get between another cow and her calf and she'll mow you down and make the dirt mop out of you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you get broken ribs at least out of the deal.
Speaker 2: Oh I did.
Speaker 5: I got was spun around by a cow about two three weeks ago when we had one that had twins and we was trying to get her and her other calf up to the corral where we had the other one that she abandoned, and I got between her and that calf, and she spun me around a tree.
Speaker 3: Oh, there's more people be hurt by cattle and horses and all the wild animals combined like either one.
Speaker 5: But right, I got a question for you. There's so much speculation out there in the world or whenever it comes to bigfoot. Where do you stand? Do you think it's human orrella comminid? Do you think it's undiscovered ape? Where's your take on this?
Speaker 3: It's not an epe, it's not an ape. If it was an ape, we do it. We have one, you know, the zoological facility. By now it's it's above that what it is. We're still not sure. You know, there's even the talking I've heard there is of Nathander tal Caveman. I don't know if that's you know, I think it's in their subspecies of them, because you know, you get into Canada, northern California, you hear more reports of the larger species, and then you get down to the Florida, the skun Caps where they're much smaller and a lot of that runs. I'll take you the parallel is the mountain lions. You know, you go to get in the Florida, you got the Florida panther, it's a much smaller cat twenty pounds. You get up in the western western part of the country you get the mountain lions that go close to two hundred pounds. And one theory that I've always had about these getting I get off the subject so you excuse me, is that these things will track a mountain lion and wait for the mountain lion to make a kill, and then they'll move the mountain lion off to kill and take it. Honestly, believe that's true. I just think there's so much and for this for a sasquatch, their mountain line to be easy to track because they're so vocal, and when they make her kill, they're so vocal that hell. So I see they're parallels and they're so highly intelligent. You know they have they have not only their vocalizations with screams and chibberish want up, but they actually have they can mimic the emon voice. I've got a friend who has a cabin up in northern or northern Washington, right on the Canadian border, and he was down at his neighbors. So they got this big rottweiler. Well, his neighbor was aware of them as well. They've been around his cabin too. They just living a couple of miles apart. And one night they were sitting standing on the porch and they could hear him in the forest. They could hear him something moving to the forest. So the Rottweiler gets down barely off of the porch and just lets out this little growl. So they, you know, they realize that's what's there. So they're standing there and they're watching this dog with this low ground. All of a sudden, out of the forest comes this vocalization. The dog's name was Moody, and they said, if it as clear as could be, they heard this thing going movely, movedly, and you know, they thought, well, basically, it's trying to call the dog, because there's a history of them hating dogs. You know, they've taken German shepherds and blood outs and killed them like by twisting them like a wet water shreg. And so he said, after they'd heard that, they said, that just screwed everything all up. They said, now we alburt for sure. We don't know what we're dealing with. And they just went into the cabin and turned off all the lights for the ninth.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you were talking about how they disliked dogs greatly. I have a show on YouTube called Backwards Investigations, and and I invite on and I interview guests. That's researchers in the topic of bigfoot, dog man, other types of cryptids, and the one guy I had on it was sometime last year, late last year in December named Rich Daniels out in New Mexico, and he was talking about whenever he goes and he wants to make sure that they stay out of his camp, he'll go to a local groomer and get a trash bag of dog hare and he'll sit it out and just let the scent of that dog hair go out and it keeps him out of his camp. And back in twenty sixteen, I had my cousin Kyle with me and we did our first annual bigfoot camp out on my farm, and we had a neighbor's dog come with us. She's a blue tick. And I agree that they don't really care for dogs and that they feel like it's a territorial encroachment whenever they're close to a dog or dogs close to them. Him and me had the dog out with us on a night hunt, and the dog would get away from us. She'd go maybe about ten twenty yards beller and come back and she would be trailing something, and we followed her all night, but then we sat down to take about five five minutes, we sat down on stump, and we shut all our lights off and she got away from us. And then when she started doing that bow of that boom, and she got and then I said, come here, Sally, come here, girl, And I started snapping my fingers and whistling, and then all of a sudden.
Speaker 2: We heard like a.
Speaker 5: And it sounded like something that hit her. It sounded like someone slapped her open hand across a face. And she let out a yelp, and she come running back and she had a bit of a limp to her. She got underneath me and my cousin Kyle's legs and head and she wouldn't come out. And then that's when stuff started happening around us. She will not leave camp and unless one of us went with her, and she would sleep right next to the fire ring.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dogs won't track them. That's been tried. They will not. And I've heard of bloodhounds being drowned in the sixth is of water that was down Arkansas or something basically in the bloodhou is a big damn dog. I mean that's a big you know. And they're pretty tough.
Speaker 2: And four the fishes too wanted to provoked.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so for one to be drowned six inches of water. You know, you know, it's had to me something pretty powerful to do that. Yeah, they they don't like dogs because there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those in the ass. There was another report. It's actually happened about an hour and a half east of me in Louisa County here in Virginia, and I was notified about it by this girl I went to school with. It was her uncle's property. And and the thing is she sent me pictures, She sent me some you know, there was foot tracks that they found going across the property. And what happened was before her uncle found these foot tracks, what led to him looking around was he wanted to go check on his dog's, feed his dogs or something. Now keep in mind, his dogs were on chains and the chains were you know, you know, they were in spikes that went into the ground. Both of his dogs were gone and the chains were gone, the spikes were gone. Everything was gone. And I wanted to investigate that so bad. But she contacted me back. She said, you know, when the police came to investigate, somehow Billy Willard got ahold of that report. So once he got into it and got started with it, I said, no, I left it alone. I didn't want to interfere. So Billy Willard did a big report and actually posted several tracks and photos relating to that situation. And the funny thing is, not only did I know the girl who you know, I went to school with her and I actually used to work for her uncle. I did mesary work, you know, And so I said, yeah, I would have loved to get up there if I had the first shot at it. But so, but you know that was interesting is that, you know, like I said, the dogs are missing. I mean, the all the evidence they have is the you know, the humanoid looking foot tracks you know on the property going across the field.
Speaker 3: You know, Well that's pretty good evidence.
Speaker 4: I mean, yeah, they don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've heard where a guy, uh just got back from Vietnam, went on a fishing trip with his nephew up in northern Indiana and he took along his dog. A similar incident. They were sleeping in a tent one night and heard something rumbling around their camp and the dog bolted out and heard the thumb or had been hit and run back in the tent. Wouldn't go back out. Well, this is a tack trained German shepherd and it was completely buffaloed by whatever it was. Well, they saw it. I mean they got a pretty damn good look.
Speaker 4: At it, so.
Speaker 3: They knew what did it for the dog.
Speaker 7: Absolutely that you brought up a about it being the sasquatch being.
Speaker 5: Uh relic hominid. This is a theory that me and my neighbor who's a got a PhD in psychology. He used to be a psychologist and a medical doctor and he's from India. And Daniel, you've heard me talk about this a couple of times. The Homo heidelbergainst Us uh origin theory. Well, what him and me believe is that this is just a theory is that scientists believe that Homo sapiens, Homo Neanderthalensis all stem from Homo Huddelbergenstus. But the Neanderthals went to uh, the Homo sapiens went to Africa. What about in Asia? If we point the term home old megapodentis for Bigfoot in Latin, what if that's where home omegapodentis or Bigfoot went to because some of the farthest back reports that have been reported throughout history started in Asia.
Speaker 3: Well, it's it's it's just speculation. I mean, you know it's it's I speculate a lot too. We can't we can't identify this thing that we have a part of one. I mean even John Green said, if you if one ever is killed in the field, you don't have to bring the whole body out. Let's bring a part of it, you know, the head, the hen. Of course, I'm not. I'm not interested on killing one because I'm sure once they're proven to exist, I think all hellibury lose.
Speaker 4: You know, yeah, that's what happens with Gorilla.
Speaker 3: Gorilla was completely.
Speaker 4: No, I don't.
Speaker 3: I don't think they should be killed. I don't know smart enough to be a legend for ever. I don't what's what's the advantage of identifying the species? They'll just give Basically what it would do is all the people that have seen him and just say, oh, I guess I was right. Well if I saw one and got a damn good look at it, and I know I was right, so you know I have so that's uh. Yeah, but I know I don't think we should kill one. I'm like my wife's the same theories. You leave them alone. You know, we've lost a lot of species. We've discovered and kill. But I'm not for I'm thinking that a bunch of hunters could go in and track one down, because they've tried that already but not too much success, you know, couples.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, I was just gonna ask, you know, for out there. I know one of the biggest things. You know, a lot of people ask, is big foot aggressive? Are they you know? Or are they you know? Uh? You know? And I know there's reports of them being aggressive, uh you know, and then both being curious and you know, I've heard a few of people the aggression before twice.
Speaker 3: But oh damn sure, for certain they are.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And I know you had a story you share that you learned about that you were called about over in Ohio. I recall you talking about that story that was pretty interesting. Yeah. Is that homeowners still there, the one who kept having Yeah he's still there, Yeah, okay, still receiving activity over there.
Speaker 3: Well, they do. It's it's it's filled up a lot since he's moved there. When he was there, he was about the only one that lived in that area. You know, they build a home in the middle of nowhere. That's what he's an outdoors and that's what he wanted, he thought. But and now the people build homes in that area and that stuff happens to him. He received so much harassment after he went to papers and TV and let people know what and he now people talk, try to talk about it. He won't, you know, he just laughs at him. He just looks. He says, oh, good luck with that. He says he'll send on his porch. He says he'll send all his porch. He said he hadn't one neighbor. He called him nature boy to build a home want and keep all the trees and everything up wild around it. And he said he sounds portrayal. And I could hear the screams coming down by nature Boy's house and all the lights come on. Before he knew he was cutting down trees and bowing his grass and making things a little more civilized.
Speaker 4: I guess, wow.
Speaker 3: So he just laughs about it now. But I'll tell you what he when I when I when he when I was first contacted by him, and he told me some of the stuff that had happened. I had to go up and talk to him in person, and he basically had had a journal put together that when I looked at the journal and he had dates and everything had happened, complete analysis of the stories, picture of the foot prints he found around his house and so forth, and articles in the paper from the area. And I told him, I said, man, this is amazing. I said, I wish I could have a chance to read this all. And his wife just flat told me, she said, if you give me a couple of weeks, i'll type it all out and send it to you. And she did. And I'll say, well, it's a book in itself. I can hear him one of the top authorities in the whole country on this subject. And I've tried to talk to first, I said, I told him, I said, I'm going to be up I did the Chattaqua length Bigfoot conference years ago. I said, that's not far from you. I said, you ought to come over. No, not interested, not interested at all. And in fact, I had a film crew going to go up to that area and do a film and his house is going to be home base. And the night before we were to go, he called me says, I'm pulling out. Not interested in having all that up here. No way, No, don't want to do it.
Speaker 8: So, yeah, that's interesting because I'm obviously within an hour from there.
Speaker 2: I'm between the Expo and Connie. That's that's where I reside.
Speaker 3: Oh really, yeah, it's not as wild as it once was. But I'll tell you what. He had so much stuff happened to him, and he had seen it several times. In fact, when you talked about the thing rocking back and forth, he observed that one night he was on his back patio and he had one security light and it was it was late, you know, on that security light, and he could see something in the darkness. He couldn't make anything out, you know, you kind of when you look at the darkness and the veins are moving, you can't tell what the hell it is. And all of a sudden it walked underneath the light, and that light cascaded over its head and shoulders, and he watched it and just stood there and rock back and forth, looking at him, breathing real low. Then after about two or three three minutes, it just took a step back and into the forest and he couldn't see anymore, and it took off, and his guest dem in on that one was about eight feet tall, I believe, but he said nothing told him that he was this thing down another thing I need to explain. They're not afraid of us at all. And I totally believe that if they think you're going to do anything that affects their freedom or their lives, they'll kill you.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's back to life.
Speaker 3: They are here and they are aggressive. And he told me there was well then two incidents. He had a big one in there that he was totally afraid of. He wouldn't go back out without any firearm. And the report I was out a mortgam and Roe State Force in southern Indiana of one that was leaving a god with a twenty one inch footprint, a huge monster thing. And the guy that lived in that house that had all visit dealings with them several several times, he said, when that thing was around, he said, uh, the smaller ones he'd never heard or saw. He said, this thing was something something else. He said, it was a whole different deal. Hold.
Speaker 2: So what do you believe their take is when they're you know, because a lot of them, you know, you know, they like to stay hidden. They don't like to reveal themselves, although people do have sightings. I mean, do you believe they just don't want to be bothered? Pretty much on the most part.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, Yeah, absolutely, it's no different than the gorilla's up in the mountain gorilla is up in uh In in Africa. The people that take you back to see the mountain gorillas, they're not easy to find. They don't want to be bothered. The same thing as the ide apes. They don't want to be you know. Now, let's they're you know, like Macacus and you figuring out that people will feed them for the tourist industry in India and other parts of Indonesia where they come and take food. But most of your primates don't want to be bothered by us. Yeah, And I don't find them, especially your great apes, your gorilla's, your chimps, your bonobo's gibbons, they don't you know.
Speaker 6: So as far as speculation, not to put you on the spot, what do you believe they.
Speaker 3: Are, Well, we don't know. I just be you know, I just be talking out. I think the species in its own I think it's it's like I've said, it's not an ape that we would like. I said, we would have had one already. It's not an ape. And they have too many human like features. Some of the faces are described ape like. Sometimes the faces arescribed a human like, so it's you know, they're like us. They all look different because that's sophisticated of an animal. They all look they all have different facial features. So you know, somebody comes up with a picture they think, well, this is what they look like. No, it's not what they look like. That's no, they all look different. They all have different faces, different buildings. Some are massive summer I've heard of reports of these Spinley ones that they said weren't really that heavy at all, and weren't that pig And so they're all different. They're like us, so they're closer to us, probably more than apes. The hair development's just.
Speaker 4: For survival, yeah, I mean they live in.
Speaker 3: Some pretty talking well brain and whether we've had twenty five below zero windshield here here lately, so.
Speaker 5: Pain brother, Well.
Speaker 3: Just think about this. That what a tough sn of a bitch they must be to be out twenty four to seven.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, think about that's true?
Speaker 5: I mean layer how much. I mean you got to imagine how thick the hair is on those things that makes them look so massive for them to be stable, stay warm and subsidt or temperatures.
Speaker 3: Well, and the reports of how quickly they move, you know, right, big animal like that be able to move with that dexterity and that quickness, and a lot of times and people have seen that, seen how athletic they are, they think, oh my god. Well, my friend in Ohio he said he realized when he watched one run one time that if he was in the woods and they wanted to take him out, they could do it, no problem, no, no question at all. They'd be on him. He'd be dead before he realized. What has happened?
Speaker 5: A question that just popped in my head. If they could kill us at a moment's notice, if they wanted to, and we would be completely in their power, how come there hasn't been no like a reported kill. Most people will be seeing them in a group. A group of people would see a massive sasquatch and that thing would go and have a chance to take one or all of them out. I mean, I'm pretty sure that a sasquatch could kill a group of five to ten people no problem, with just a single blow to each person. Do you think it would be intimidation by strength and numbers kind of factor or what's your.
Speaker 4: Take on that.
Speaker 3: I don't think that would happen. They were like all animals, they don't kill them out. This is absolutely necessary. And like I had told the report that I had gotten out of that Indian reservation where those three young Native Americans were killed running salmon lines. You know, apparently they were up to something else that got there, got them into trouble, caused one to be dismembered, one to be buried underneath pile of rock, and one just literally be beaten up against. So they must have had a damn good reason for ittorial Yeah, you know, the woods is full of bears. Bears could not take us out anytime they wanted to. Yeah, we're nocomplish for a bear one on one? Are you kidding me? It's swears for nothing. It's like when I raised when I raised baby bears, I don't never play with them because I don't want them to know how strong I am. It's all intimidation, you know. Want you snap your finger at him and get him to back off, because they if they figure figure out how strong you are, you're done. It's over.
Speaker 4: Brother.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, it's okay.
Speaker 3: Here, here's here's analogy I'll put to you. Almost you know, you're raised by your dad. Would you ever think no, of course it's happened before, But would you ever think I'm gonna just kick dad but tonight now because you know he raised in and they totally you know he has intimidated. Don't do that. Of course there are exceptions, I mean, but.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely in California, we have time basically for one more question, and I wanted to fill this one question out. A lot of people believe that they're habituating and they're leaving, you know, I believe leaving objects and gifts are out there to me are fine to try to experiment, to see interaction. And people like to leave food out there, which I don't think that's quite a good idea. And the other thing is, you know, when things are moved, they're changed around or taken, you know, we you know, people believe or they're assuming that sasquatch is interacting with them. I have something I'm experimenting with a rock stack and a feather. It's in it. When I've checked on it every so often, I believe there has been interaction, you know. And the thing that my take is if there is real interaction, we don't you know, we don't know if it's an animal or another person or you know whatever. But but you know, I what'sh your take on habituating? And you know, you know, I think people get misinterpret what hipraituating really is. You know. But as far as interacting, even gifting, having a gift in site, which are a lot of them referred to it as Yeah, what's your take on that?
Speaker 3: As I mentioned earlier, they're not predictable. So to put food down in there thinking they're going to come on a regular basis and take have food, I don't. I don't buy it, and not unless you're there to witness it, to see what's happened that rock pile and that food has been taken out of a tree. Uh, it means nothing. I mean, you know, it's fun to speculate, you know, if kids want to do it and think you're looking for big fuck, Hey, go for it, brother gets you in the wood, whatever takes kids. But you know, I think that's that's too much speculation. Yeah, and it's supposed to make I absolutely do not have any Uh, I don't find any substance to anyone that's going the forest basically say they see them every time or they have now now they're too reclusive, they're too smart, they're too rare. I just don't buy it. Yeah, not unless you've got video or picture of them doing something like like I mentioned, taking food or you know, set a camera by I'd say put a game camera by it, but that don't work because they can smell them.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: Well they've found wolves can smell those damn game cameras, so they're absolutely worthless.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they over them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean, or like we said earlier, look at look look what these things must be. They live in the woods twenty four to seven, twenty four to seven, they got to be bad. They add ombres.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I mean they are. Yeah, And I'm just under.
Speaker 8: The impression that if we build some time, if you could build some type of trust with them, uh you know, maybe you could get better interactions or game camera photos or whatever.
Speaker 3: Any problem with that, though they've dealt with too many humans as pointed rifles at him. Of course, my main thing about guys is put again on one. If I don't kill it in the first shot, that's what goes through their minds. So I guarantee you you may shoot it that one, but there's two or three that you don't see that's going to take you out right.
Speaker 2: Then it's just like if you're shoot an injure a bear and he runs, Yeah, he's gonna come. He's gonna come circle back around and come get you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, go ahead, follow that blood trail after you've wounded that bear.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Especially they can be a bear. They didn't even have to be shot. They can charge you. Look rapping Tom Moore about two years ago up in Montana where he got mauled by that sound twice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, and you know these these these sasquatches, they're i'd considered they can bear temperament multiply by about twenty. They absolutely have no patience, not zero. You know, if you walked in the woods, he may have been seen and not even realize you've been seen and observed.
Speaker 2: Oh I believe that.
Speaker 3: Oh I know it's true. You've been observed, and they just decid, huh, I wonder what he's up to. Well, they know what you're up to. They can tell by watching what you're involved to do. And you know they can't watch you for a couple of minutes and to think, well he's looking for he's a hunters. So we're out of here. And sports have I taken? How many reports have I taken the people that deer and they've walked up on the deer and the sasquatch come out of the woods and toss the deer over his shoulder and take off with it.
Speaker 4: More than one.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Now, I got an email from a fellow that had some He saw the two young ones look at him, and then the older one showed up on the scene, grabbed the deer, actively aggressive toward him, like Darren even did not take the deer. And then they took the deer and they all left. So it's interesting, you know, fifty years of doner. But like John Green said, he said, the longer you do it, the more questions you're going to have.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but what you gotta do is.
Speaker 3: You got to find parallels. If you if you hear a report, you got to think, how can I substantiate this report, how can I make it, you know, take some credibility to this report at all. So he's got to find the parallels. You got to find something that similar behavior. There's human, bear, whatever, gorilla. But I quite finny when I'm doing a program of per se in a library and given a lecture and guy comes up to me and he says, I track one. I track one in a minute if I saw one. Look, you know, that's really easy to say in this library, well in the middle of Columbus, Indiana. But if you're no woods in the darkness, and you hear the bar owls and the coyotes and you see one of these things, the last thing that's going to go through your mind is I'm going to.
Speaker 4: Track that some bit that's going to happen.
Speaker 3: It ain't gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I'm in the area.
Speaker 3: Well, there's at the truth, there's a lot of people that because of their site has completely ruined their outdoor experience that whenever they go in the woods, they're always looking over their shoulder, and it's it's completely ruinedant for completely you know. No, you know, well't like the fell in Ohio. You won't go in the gun or go into the woods to that a gun I've never even carried again in my life. So that's kind of I kind of think, man, you must be really intimidated.
Speaker 2: So let's tell you what Larry. Before we go off here here, I want to thank you for adding me on your Facebook group. Larry the Animal guy and friends. That's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I tell everybody about that because we post lots of great stuff about animals on it and our our work we do through our schools. And I want to mention too. I do have still have some DVDs left from the US Station Wildlife Service program that we did that they filmed. We did an hour long presentation. It has stuff like the Patterson film on it stuff and they're available through Larry the Animal If they messaged me, I can tell them how to get one.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool.
Speaker 3: It's a story bo I mean, it's absolutely like John Green said, this is an historical moment for bigfoot researchers.
Speaker 2: Yes, that's good information. That's good to know. So yeah, I'll definitely I'll definitely give you your page to share as well. So and Larry, I can't thank you enough for Green to come on here and do this with us. And it's been a yeah, it's been a pleasure on you know, on my behalf and our behalf and the listeners and and uh and for the people in the live chat. I do apologize for not getting to the question. There was questions on the live chat that I didn't get I did not get to address, but uh maybe perhaps another Yeah, one of the questions, let me scroll back here because with a bunch of stuff here. Uh well, it was from one individual back to back. The one question was, so where do dead big bit where do dead bigfoots go? And something about something about we have no we have no skeletal skeletal evidence.
Speaker 3: So the woods are filled with animals, filled with animals. How many times do you walk through the woods do you find a dead one? Mother nature is a good way of getting rid of veins.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, and I've had.
Speaker 3: More than one report of one being shot another one come in and carry it off, and more than I've heard that more than once. So as far as skeletal remains, they do have a remains up from northern Ohio and Project Bluebook mentioned of a large human like animal they found skeletons of and that's documented a whole area filled with that stuff. So m hm, And you know a bear, A bear skeleton looks very similar to human. Yes, if you take off the head and the and the pause feet, it looks yeah like that. More than once that's been identified as human remains were turned out of as a bear. So you know, I don't think they leave him around. I think mother nature takes him fairly quickly. And I think there's probably people that have found him and not realize what they're looking at.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So as Zach keep that in mind. You can share that with Facebook user John Wayne. Everything that he shares on his page that I know that identify as bear, he's calling the big foot, you can pass it blocked.
Speaker 5: And it wasn't me that made him block Me was my buddy Luke White, who's a complete nonbeliever.
Speaker 2: But he told him.
Speaker 5: He says, if I see a bigfoot, I'll be sure to put a forty five right but between his eyes, and I'll drop him off at your front door and I'll kiss your ass.
Speaker 3: Tell him that will never happen. That is an anima quicker than the shooting one.
Speaker 2: Oh my, oh yeah, that's interesting though. But you know that's that's the thing a lot of people gotta understand. That's one thing I tell people. You've got to get familiar with your known wildlife. You know, I believe it's important to understand and know your wild life before you try to go something, uh, look for something or research something that's considered unclassified or unknown you know. Yeah, well you know we can better, you know better compare and analyze, you know, separate, you know. But well yeah that's that's good stuff.
Speaker 4: But uh.
Speaker 3: It was it was fun.
Speaker 2: Oh absolutely again, anybody listening or future listeners, if you're on Facebook, look up Larry the Animal Guy and Friends Facebook group page and uh any other information. You can google his name too.
Speaker 3: So yeah, always Larry to teas and there's a bunch of stuff.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, hey, Larry, I got a question for you.
Speaker 4: Okay, you are no kin.
Speaker 5: To Jerry and Ronda Batson?
Speaker 2: Are you.
Speaker 3: No to t's or one t.
Speaker 2: Uh one?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Okay, because I was going to say, because I got a bunch of bats that live around here.
Speaker 3: God, I'm so sorry. I really like to apologize for that.
Speaker 2: Well, Larry, uh well, thank you again, because you know the episode is going to be Well, you guys have a good night. Uh Zach you can stay put for just a couple of minutes, and Larry, I will be in the near future. I do want to talk to you about a couple of things in your future. You're here, so so at some point I will be Yeah, I'll be messaging you.
Speaker 5: So it sounds like, if you're ever in my area, look me up. I'll be glad to go out with you.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, Well it's hard for me to get away. I got five tigers to take care of my wife. And when I tell my wife put expedition and leave her with all this responsibilities, she doesn't look too kindly of it, especially if I can walk out my back door and walk into one.
Speaker 2: So if i'm ember at your way, I definitely would love to have a tour of the place, if you don't mind. I love I love animals.
Speaker 3: Hell in the summer when not so much snow and mud like there's going to be here shortly. We're gonna get rained tomorrow, I guess. So it's gonna be a mudd hole.
Speaker 5: So rain early in the morning here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's get rid of all this darn snow and the sub zero Well, I think we're through the sub zero weather easily. February doesn't offer that so much. So I hope I'm right, got I.
Speaker 5: Hope don't jenksis Larry, I'm heading on, miss wild buddy.
Speaker 3: I may have put it out there and that may be a problem. Anyway, Well, it's nice talking to you. Guys pleasure.
Speaker 2: All right, thank you very much. You have a good nice here. Thank you, all right, bye bye. All right, that that concludes our guest for the evening, mister Larry bats and Larry the Animal Guy. Everybody, Well, thank you for listening to Squash Show Radio. Now we're gonna jump into our after show for the evening, just some brief discussions. So if there's anybody still out there listening, uh, perhaps feel free to call in to call in number it if you want to jump in on this live conversation. The airy code is six zero two seven five three one nine six three six zero two seven five three one nine six three. All right, Well Zach is just right now is just me and you. Oh man, I'll tell you what I really enjoyed that that was a lot of information there.
Speaker 5: So, oh, I was surprised about this and everything and hearing him just talking everything and a very knowledgeable man, especially about wildlife. And uh, I mean, I didn't even know who Roddy Batsman was until you brought it up. And then he's talking about Johnny Carson and I remember seeing him on shows like that and uh, doing spots on talk shows and the like, and I mean, I knew I'd heard of him before, I just couldn't place the face.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, Larry, Yeah, he's pretty well known. He's he's been around the world, all across the country, and uh, I'm actually one of the images I saw of him was Betty Way from the Golden Girls, well many years ago, where they were standing together and he had a python around his neck standing right next to Betty Wait from the Golden Girls.
Speaker 5: Oh God, I would not be nowhere near that man. I hate snakes.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, when he does a presentation, he brings, you know, so much of his animals to the presentation that introduces him. He gives a little bit of knowledge about each one, which I find very you know, very interesting and very impressive. And in one of the presentations I see that he's done was actually done here in Virginia. He actually called up somebody from the audience and ended up, you know, bringing up a young boy. I think the boy was probably about twelve eleven, twelve, maybe thirteen, And before he even introduced what he was going to bring out, he was directing and instructing the young boy to hold his arms out and to hold his arms out instead.
Speaker 5: It's usually a bad sign when they say stick your arm at there for a second. Son.
Speaker 2: Well, it's funny because I wasn't sure, but I had idea what was going on. And sure enough he walks out to the side and he comes back with his you know, probably eight foot long seven eight foot long python so and god, I mean willies, and he takes the pipe on Wendy bag.
Speaker 5: If they're in the back, no, I'll make one.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I was just wondering what was going through that little boy's mind. I was like, no, because I don't like snakes, but I mean I've been close to them, you know, both poisonous and non venomous ones, and I don't you know, even a non venomous snake. I mean I've had I walked out of the woods and I'm sitting at the of the edge of the tree line and I'm sitting in grass, and I'm just standing there looking out, you know, and then something catches my attention. I just so happened to look down on my foot and here's this big black snake curled up just looking out in the same direction I'm looking at. And I'm like, what the And I'm like, lightning hit it.
Speaker 4: Back to my my van.
Speaker 5: Yeah, there's a little thing. And Larry, I can tell you this, dude, I learned, you know, how to tell the difference between a poison between a us a non venomous snake. Their eyes, Yep, the eyes, the shape of the head if it's a blunt nose snake. Uh, non venomous if it's pointed, with the pattern of the thunderbelly on the tail.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, absolutely, and all of that.
Speaker 5: You know how you can tell all the difference between a venomous snake and a non venmous snake when they're in the water.
Speaker 2: Well, how's that that I'm not sure about?
Speaker 5: Non venomous snake swim submerged. The venomous snakes will inflate their lungs with air so they float. Ah okay, my granddad taught me that. So pretty much about ninety nine percent of the snakes I've seen in the water, we're just water snakes. So yeah, yeah, because because water snakes feed on fish and minnos and bugs, they're going to be down in the water and they'll hold her breath and they'll go underneath the water. Right.
Speaker 2: That's pretty good. That's actually something that's good to keep in mind. Because you know, when I used to live where I grew up on the other side of Virginia, we lived in a private lake community, and you know, I was always out in the water fishing and everything. And sometimes when you come into some of the coves and stuff where the water is shallow, you come across a lot of snakes. You can see there's water snakes all over the place, and uh, yeah, some of them. I was I was probably a teenager and I was in a canoe. Yeah, I was in a canoe with a buddy lion. We come into this shallow cove and he spotted.
Speaker 5: It, not me, and.
Speaker 2: There was a snake. It was a water snake. It was just underneath the water. We're the water right now, you know. Here we are in two feet of water, and here's a snake right on the side of me. You know, because he looks back towards me and looks at the water. S he's a snake. The tail end of it touching the bottom, you know, touching the ground, and the head is just barely touching the surface of the water. And you know, of course, water snakes, if you're not familiarly, they look some of them look like copperheads, you know, yeah, and we freaked out. The first thing we did was took the panel, swatted away and got out of dodge get to the deeper water.
Speaker 5: You had a friend of mine that lives in Shelbyville, Indiana. Her mom owns an eight foot long Burmese python for a pet. And she posted a picture of her mom on Facebook about a couple of weeks ago, and she was snuggling with that snake on the couch.
Speaker 2: Oh my, yeah, that's crazy.
Speaker 5: I looked at her, said, what the heck is wrong with you?
Speaker 2: Oh man, Lord em Mercy, like.
Speaker 5: You heard Wendy Bagwell yack, and look around finding where the back door is. If there ain't, what I'll make it.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 5: But here's the thing. The reason I'm so scared of snakes that you can blame it on my granddad. My grandpa will pick them up by the tail. He'll sling them around in a circle in there and throw them at you, dead or alive.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I remember one time there was a black kingsnake that was out here and it was crawling around by the four wheeler. And this is back when I was about maybe ten twelve years old. He pulled that thing out of the engine block of that foe wheling threw it in the circle around his head in the circle and he looked right at him and he chucked that right at me and it wrapped around my neck and took off picking on me, saying saying, was that running down your leg?
Speaker 2: Yeah, people could call me a woos or whatever, but yeah, I'm sorry, but I don't like snakes. So man, well, you know you guys were talking about rain out your way come tomorrow. I haven't checked the weather for tomorrow, but you know, last I heard it was supposed to be nice weather. When I walked out of work early today, the temperature I couldn't believe. I was like, wow, this is nice, I say, I mean it felt like fifty a good fifty degrees or so. And uh, I mean, I mean that's what I felt like. I didn't check the temperature, but it was actually very comfortable. But tomorrow is we're expecting nice weather, so I'm gonna double check that because I am supposed to go out in the woods for a little while tomorrow. There is an area I'm gonna going to and check out, and I haven't been into in a while, probably running to Freda and Connie, because they're supposed to be out there, but they're gonna be up on the bridge. They'll probably be out where I'm heading in. They're gonna be somewhere off to the right somewhere, but I still may end up running into it depends on which way they come in travel into. So I'll wait and see how that goes. But but well, I'll tell you what, uh, Zach, I'm gonna call call it a night, And there's a few things I need to check on anyway before I you know, call it a night all together myself again. Yet tonight went great. I want to, you know, definitely thank you and you know Ryan for interacting and sharing information and asking questions. That went really well tonight. And so yeah, for now on what when we do have a guest, uh, That's all I want to do is just keep it to a minimum. You know, it's easier that way. So and then of course when we do our next uh quatched the round table, you know, we could have everybody on. So but meanwhile, zaching that you might like, yeah, I've just seen it pop up, so I'll check that out as soon as I get off here. So but Meanwhile. Yeah, like I said, I'm gonna I'll drop off here and anyone that's listening. Don't forget about the twenty eighteen e CBRO First Angel Virginia Bigfoot Conference June thirtieth and July first and Fishersville, Virginia at the Augusta Expo. Definitely check that out. You can find all our information on our event page right on Facebook. Tell your friends and family about it. Share, share the event page, let everybody know, help spread the word. Also, I'm a you could if you're a YouTuber, go check out my YouTube channel ecb r O ninety eight. You can find me on Twitter ecb r O ninety eight and also under my name Daniel BINOI it Zach. How about you know before we jump off of you, you want to go ahead plug in anything on your end?
Speaker 5: Yeah, just check us out on Facebook Southern Illinois Monster Hunter's Team homepage on Facebook. You can type in type in us in on Google and it'll pop up all our information our website. Be sure to like and subscribe to our YouTube channel s I M A's Team Southern Illinoy Monster Hunters. On YouTube, you can watch our some of our field videos that we've put up updates from me updating. I do update videos every couple months, none of that. Check out the latest episodes from Back with Investigations. We're not done yet.
Speaker 2: Awesome, very awesome. I am, I know, I am.
Speaker 4: I know.
Speaker 2: Some others are looking forward to your next episodes, your next your live feeds and with your shows that you do, so they're always exciting. I love interacting with them. So it's like I said, it's a lot of fun too. So yeah, for the record, when you had what's the other? Who was Sam? When you had Sam on there? The audio was actually pretty good on that one there.
Speaker 5: Because I went and I moved the phone around because I used to have the phone sitting down on a little box with the with the mic turned up. But I figured it out that the mic on my tablet, the voice receptor was on the top of my tablet. So I have it. You've seen the picture of my studio, I have the tablet popped up against the desktop and the hard drive. So I just put my phone up on top of the hard drive, right above the speaker for the tablet and right where my microphone is for my laptop.
Speaker 2: Okay, so yeah, by doing that, you can still see the interaction on the lap chat pretty well. Yeah, okay, cool, very cool. Well, hey that's working, so stay at it. Yeah that's pretty good. But uh.
Speaker 5: But it's it's it may look pretty complex, but it works when you get the hang of it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, most definitely. All right, Well, Zach, I'll see you on Facebook, you know, uh tomorrow, if everything works out, I will be on the field. And where I'll be I'll if phone reception works out, I'll be doing Facebook Live out there. So so yeah, you can be on the lookout for that. Uh, it'll probably be close to eleven noon time. I mean, I'll be out there before then, but I probably won't go Facebook Live till get far off in the woods. Again, if the reception is good too, so so right, but uh so meanwhile, Zach, you have a good night. I'm gonna drop off here and uh well next.
Speaker 5: Jack watch out great night, everybody.
Speaker 2: Your hosts angel bit Wong.
Speaker 4: Watch out break.
Speaker 2: I hope you guys will joined the nice episode.
Speaker 9: Get to Old Navy for the deal you've been waiting for all year. Flip flops for just one buck. That's right, flip flops for the whole family for just one dollar this Saturday only at Old Navy valid six twenty three, limit ten select styles in store only.
Speaker 10: Hi, it's Jamie Progresses, number one, number two employee. Leave a message at that. Hey, Jamie, it's me Jamie. This is your daily pep talk. I know it's been rough going ever since people found out about your acapella group Matt Harmony, but you will bounce back. I mean, you're the guy always helping people find coverage options with the name your price tool. It should be you giving me the pep talk. Now get out there, hit that high note and take Matt Harmony all the way to nationals this year. Sorry, good pitchy.
Speaker 8: Progressive Casualty Insurance Company and Affiliates Pricing coverage match limited by state law.