Speaker 1: We're on on I did I did an on like you? Yeah? That was good, doesn't it?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: I did it did? Welcome to the CEO pre show for episode four nine six for ninety six. Yes, sir, Holy we're getting close. We're brought to you by the wonderful patrons at Patreon, dot cam slash CEO Podcast. Whether they like it or not, they do. We have an increased pledgure this week. We're gonna thank her on the show. That's fun, Yes, oh very much so. And bring up a great Vegas memory that was the result of and because we we have a great community. Am I going to remember it too? Oh? Yeah, you were there? Well, that doesn't really qualify you to remember anything. Lots of places.
Speaker 3: I was telling it on your show that he like, I had four drinks last night and like blacked out when I got home.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, yeah, did you fall down some stairs? I hope not. I mean I feel okay. You don't look like you fell. I wasn't even hungover, it's just woke, blocked out. Where was I? Yeah? I don't know. You were at the You were at Birmingham's, weren't you? Nope, we went to the Whiskey Barrel. I've ever been there. It was fine. I what you're supposed to say is, oh, yeah, it's that place down by whatever, so I know kind of where it is.
Speaker 3: It's on eighthan Murkircher, by the uh earth.
Speaker 1: That used to be whiskey Jacks. Correct. Yeah, where my friends when I was in Florida one time got drunk a karaoke and streaked home and then one of them pissed in my pantry. Yeah, yeah that's the place. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, these are my buddies, my buddy or my buddy John snapped a pool key over the back of my other buddy here, buddy Kelly, and then.
Speaker 1: We got kicked out wherever, and then we were back like the next weekend. Yes, the same place where they used to have nine cent wings and I had nine plates of them. Yes, and then I went home and threw up in the back alley. Yeah that place. That's the place. Oh that's the place. Okay.
Speaker 3: They took out the karaoke stage and there's more windows now.
Speaker 1: Oh well that's nice. Yeah, bar's in a different place. It's it's it's pretty good. Oh it's a nice, little, nice little place. They treated us very good.
Speaker 3: The waitress's name was like Appellations or something, which I've never heard before.
Speaker 1: Oh how many teeth did she have?
Speaker 3: All of them?
Speaker 1: She's a very nice lady on a Thursday. I know you didn't see any bullet holes, did you?
Speaker 3: No, well, I mean in her Well, no, I wasn't looking too hard.
Speaker 1: But she is very nice. She must not have had any tattoos if Uncle Branda wasn't looking too hard. But no, we had a great time out there.
Speaker 3: It was my I think it was the first time I've ever actually just went to a bar to play magic, not when I'm not on a magic trip, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: No, I know. But we went in and we had.
Speaker 3: Deep fried pickles, and we had burgers, and we had beers and our body Toby, yep, his wife to be as of chronologically what will be tomorrow or three or four days ago for everybody who's hearing this. On Saturday, she stopped by for a little bit with like some of her.
Speaker 1: Friends and we hung out here. Was fun. It's really good time. Tell me why you had to be that specific? Is Toby getting married this weekend?
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's anything married this Saturday. He's a thing married tomorrow. This time tomorrow he will be getting married.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well congratulations, Yeah, that's really cool. Where's our invite? That's what I said. So he said that we can come by. He's gonna send me the.
Speaker 3: Location wedding crash your uncle Brown and eight pm tomorrow. I bought him an open flippy pack and everything.
Speaker 1: You know. Who's gonna win that game though? Right?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 1: Me?
Speaker 3: Because he bought Collector Booster of Midnight Hunt.
Speaker 1: Oh what an idiot. I got Collector Booster.
Speaker 3: Final Fantasy because I'm a good friend.
Speaker 1: Oh did you buy a weekend pass for Vegas? Yes? And did your email say collector booster because there was some drama with that. This is this is real magic talk now for Magic Con Las Vegas, which was going to be my topic for the pre show. Okay, I bought a premium premium weekend pass before it changed, and I was so certain that my weekend past came with Collector boosters three three Collector boosters. And that's why I thought it was such a great deal because I assumed that these would be fifty to eighty dollars booster packs. They are, absolutely they are. And then I got an email or I saw a tweet or there was something in the CEO discord. You can join a favorite patron that said that's wrong and they should be regular ass boosters. But if you bought before a certain date, they're going to honor the collector booster mistake when you purchased your ticket and you pick them up when you pick up your badge. Oh shit at the convention. Oh shit, But now I can't find that information. And there's nowhere to activate your badge or claim your badge unless you already have your badge. And being international attendees, we don't have a bad Yeah, we don't get shit. We have to go pick it up. Yeah, like this at all. So I don't want to get through. You don't don't even look at your phone because you're not gonna find it. Well, my thing, my event, my weekend thing. And I emailed them their customer support. It said three Collector Boosters. But the tweet or the dream or the fucking trip that I had, whatever it was, said two Collector boosters. And now I don't know my dink from my asshole. I haven't even got it. Oh there it is? That is this my badge? That my badge? Man, it's got Jimmy and Josh. It's got two assholes in racing suits. That is not your badge. When are they gonna send me my fucking badge? Hey, they're not.
Speaker 3: I'm not even on Ali Express. How am I getting on this crap anyway? So I'm doing business on the thing like professional podcasters doing that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my my topic was totally to be Vegas. And then I just I thought to ask you that because maybe I was dreaming. Maybe I'm getting two collector packs. Maybe I'm getting three collector packs. Maybe I'm getting zero because I don't have a badge, I have no idea.
Speaker 3: I hope I get three collector packs and an email that says where I can pick my badge up.
Speaker 1: There is an email where you can pick your badge up, and you should definitely check it so you know where to go. Because conventions are very busy. There's lineups, and the lineups because it's very busy, have thousands of people in them. I suggest you bring a snack or like CEO dude bros, doa beer. Have a sherpa to carry your bag of beer. It is so awesome to and get this. You could distribute a couple beers per backpack, or you could like say, I don't know, logan ass hurts McGee as a backpack and we all take one of his decks so as to make room in his backpack so he can fit like fifteen beer in it. Yeah, and he's the beer shirpa. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Or you have an individual bag, like an extra bag.
Speaker 1: Which we will because we have to pick up our badges. Yeah. Beer. I also feel like somebody, and I know this happened, somebody was refunded. They're shipping because they're international, because we don't get badges, but I can't find where the fuck to get a refund. This is just it's this is a nightmare. Ah yeah, it's a Vegas nightmare though, Like how bad can it be? It's gonna be fine. I think that's gonna get itchy for a while. There's gonna be some sand and crevices, and alcohol off the strip is cheap, Like how bad is it? I don't know. Yeah, it's cheaper than water. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Remember when I was surprised by that, and I think it was you and sink Guy were like yeah, because you went to the seven to eleven. It's like beer was a dollar, coke was a buck fifty and water was four bucks. Yes, And I was like, wait a minute, this isn't how this is supposed to work. And yeah, this is exactly how this is.
Speaker 1: And it's the opposite. When you're actively on the strip. Beer is nine dollars, coke is three dollars. Water doesn't exist. No water, you have to suck it out of the fountain. Yeah, you want water, go to the Blagio, watch the fountains and pay money to drink. Exactly my topic for the pre show. I like it. I am so humped for a c CEO experienced Las Vegas. I'm so excited to take a little bit of a vacation and I want to talk about this a little bit more on the on the regular show if we have time. Oh shit, I am attending this Magic Con for the first time since Magic cons existed as a fan, as a magic playing nerd, not as an opportunity to schmooze and do business and grow our brand and our channel. It's going to be play magic.
Speaker 2: Oh shit, but that yeah, wait a minute, hang on, just wait wait, wait, wait, wait wait, You who have spent eight years, eight years sitting next to me cultivating an image where you do not play magic.
Speaker 1: You just talk about it.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I'm you're going to play magic. You're going to go to a magic event to play magic?
Speaker 1: What? This is? What I'll say? What I am going to be? Who are you? Ryan and Brando? Are you sick or something? Let me see you or is it Brian and Brian and Randa? Check? The Wiener is huge, yours is tiny? No, I will be partaking in magic related activities. What yeah? What possibly some magic?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 1: But you know what it's gonna be Mono Blue draw go the whole time, which isn't really really like playing magic until you try and win and then I go actually counter spell. Yeah that sounds a good nightmare. Yeah, well, welcome to Vegas. Well actually counter spell. Welcome to my nightmare. Have some sand in your cracks? Yeah? Yeah, go time, Taco time, Go go drive a Lamborghini for four hundred dollars an hour. Do you have to buy the gas? No, it's included in in the the excursion or whatever you want to call it.
Speaker 3: That's importantly if you had to bring it back with a full tank. Also, it's like one how much gas they expect you to use?
Speaker 1: And two that'd be shitty. Oh no, I'm talking about like when you when you go to a like a racetrack and you just go and you get to like choose what level of car you want to drive. That's what I'm talking about. Yeah, pocket car. If you rent a car and you drive it around. Yeah, there's like a fuel surcharge because they only put premium fuel in and you know, I hate that all the stuff.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I just dumb motor oil in the gas tank.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, don't do that. Yeah, don't do that. I do it. I wouldn't do it that way. They're insured. It's fine. What did you want to talk about?
Speaker 3: I wanted to tell you a story, Okay that I don't know.
Speaker 1: Just bear with me. Yeah, I can't. I can't not hear. I can't close my ears like I can close my eyes. Now.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure if you know this, but Final Fantasy Dot Magic released very recently.
Speaker 1: Oh.
Speaker 3: I was very excited about it, and so I went to like start building the decks that I wanted.
Speaker 1: To build, and I was going to bring them to Vegas. I was very very excity.
Speaker 3: Yeah nerd right, So I got my go go yes and getting that put together.
Speaker 1: And I still can't get the picture out of my head Uncle Brando in a leather bikini in a cage doing go go dancing in Las Vegas. I mean, I appreciate that, but I don't on with the Sorry.
Speaker 3: The worst Final Fantasy of all time is number twelve, okay, and people on the internet will probably agree with me on that when I say it's the worst of all time and it's not close. Main character from that is this little turd named Vaughn v A n stupid? Can you even spell his goddamn name?
Speaker 1: Right? His card Ryan so good?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what does it do? Then? You know what Rev does? Yeah, the same thing, but in red.
Speaker 3: Okay's she's he's red.
Speaker 1: Draw off your opponent's deck, can cast it till end of turn or whatever? Right? Yes, okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah, So now I have to steal things off the deck and play them decks and it's with it's helmed by literally my least favorite Final Final Fantasy character of all time.
Speaker 1: Why don't you just pick up like a ractose character and make that the deck and have those guys in the ninety nine then you have one.
Speaker 3: Is then I don't have them in the ninety nine and or in the in the command zone, and and and and I really like my REV deck a lot.
Speaker 1: That's not Homeward Path. The other day, Oh.
Speaker 3: My god, oh my god. Fuck this other story. So I'm playing REV. Who doesn't know what REV does. You draw cards off the top of your opponent's library and then you can play them. Can't do the lands, but you can do all the spells and all this stuff. Right, So I got all these creatures and all this shit from somebody, from like all three of my opponents. I've done all this work to play all this stuff. Oh yeah, I have a homeword Path and everybody just gets their shit back.
Speaker 1: Every every not just that person, every fucking body. Do you remember when Homeward Path was like twenty seven dollars? Oh my god. Oh I'm looking. I haven't been blown out like that in so long.
Speaker 3: Like my deck just doesn't work because unless I draw strip mine, it's over.
Speaker 1: It's just over. Oh I haven't been destroyed that. Oh man, that was bad. Homeward Path is action expensive, is it? Well it's it's not thirty dollars again, but like it's fourteen thirteen eighteen, there's a forty five dollars. Judge promo. There's a one thousand dollars serialized Lord of the Rings reskin because because of course it was naturally Yeah. Yeah, there's some weird secret layer one that looks like my son drew it. That is, that's got a Wiener on it.
Speaker 3: It's like a yeah it is Cerberus pen Hey.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this one looks like a Picasso. That's really and look at if you zoom o, this is like one giant mega Wiener.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of penises on that card. Yeah, you'll have to put this one on the screen.
Speaker 1: No kink cha. No, people can look it up. That's they can look it up.
Speaker 3: Secret Layer fourteen sixty seven is the one we're looking at.
Speaker 1: That is, or you could just google Pablo Picasso Wiener. I don't know, it probably probably would be that heald the same image.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's an ugly covered wallpaper.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Homeward path. Hey blow, I just.
Speaker 3: I just couldn't believe it. I couldn't fucking believe it as well. I'm just I'm just gonna scoop because now I'm just doing damage and stealing their cards for no reason.
Speaker 1: But you were dealing damage, well yeah, but now I'm but I can't.
Speaker 3: I'm not gonna win because all my creatures are one ones. So I'm doing one damage and stealing your card every turn where I'm wrapping the board. I'm just I'm a speed bump in this game. At this point, I'm like, Okay, I'm just gonna hang out with you guys and we'll chill and.
Speaker 1: We'll be fun. And it's not a good time.
Speaker 3: But boy, howdy, was I blown out.
Speaker 1: You know what's so funny is we have such a different outlook and philosophy on when to scoop. Oh yeah, sometimes you never scoop and I'm like, ah, fuck, I'm out of here. And sometimes it's like you scoop during that rev game, Yeah, and I think, man, why did you scoop? You would have been in fourth place, and it would have been the exact scenario where you're in fourth place in a position where homeward Path guy dies and fucking sneak in and you get the win. Like in that kind of scenario where it seems like I'm so far and beyond out of the game that scooping is like scooping is the worst thing, like worse than sitting in the game. And I mean like that that seems obviously when you say that, but but sometimes it feels like scooping is is a better option, but scooping is the worst option because if you're in fourth, then nobody's fucking around with you. Sometimes you can just scoop in there. You never played Rev, Hey, I've played against it. People hate that deck. Oh yeah, I hate it a lot.
Speaker 3: So imagine if I was stealing your stuff and doing nothing with it, right, imagine doing all the things they hate about REV.
Speaker 1: But I'm not winning. Steal your Apex Devastator Take one. I'll just get it back. Yeah, oh damn, Take ten precisely. But I played your Epicks Devastator for you. Yeah, I know. It's funnier when you die. Yeah, it's funnier when you die. And I have four other things because Cascade, Cascade, Cascade, Cascade. Yeah, oh man, wait until you hear the fusion order I made. There's some Cascade stuff I got that's exciting, or well, not Cascade stuff because I already played all but stuff that's going to go in my Cascade deck. I'm thinking about changing it up because I always bring that deck to Vegas, and because it's my gambling deck. And I'm making it more well less gambling, because I'm adding some skry in there. Come on, cry is pretty good with cascade, Come on, man, and that scry comes by way of planes walk or Jase, where you plus them and you scry and then draw all of your favorite stuff. So let me.
Speaker 3: You're gonna you're going to go to Vegas to play magic. Well, well you're packing. You're packing, Jason, every deck now that you're telling me, no.
Speaker 1: No, just that one and that one, well there's two in the yea. Yeah, that's what I thought. Yeah, just Jase. I took Jase out of my milldeck. Oops, all Jase, that is what it is. Yes, that's what I'm hearing. That's what I'm hearing. And they made next kid Jason. Fucking god, that's all I have. Just Jason, just Chase the mind Sculptor and claw Mun. But the one that you have minus twelve to take an extra turn icker Moon Gauntlet claw Mun What the fuck? Yeah, that's what I wasn't gonna say anything. That Moon turns all your planes walkers into were wolves. That would be man gives him.
Speaker 3: In fact, I've been playing Arena a little bit recently, and you.
Speaker 1: Think that that that's the thing.
Speaker 3: I actually ran into somebody playing fucking wear wolves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well it's easy on on arena because you click a button they I'll flip over. But they still suck though, Like, yeah, but you don't have to manually manipulate them.
Speaker 3: Well obviously not, because they're terrible and you manually manipulate them onto the table and you manually manipulate them into the bin.
Speaker 1: Where they manually manipulate your life down.
Speaker 3: To I beat that guy so bad, I'll but you he deleted his deck because where will are terrible?
Speaker 1: When I play my creatures, they're good right away. I don't have to time walk myself. Oh man, I played draw blue goal, Blue draw goal. I time walk myself all the time, right yeah weird, yeah weird. And then I time walk you on your turn. But for me doesn't makes sense. Man, math checks out when there's three you want to take three extra turns. I just gotta have men untapped. I mean, I guess that makes sense. Yeah, math checks out. Trust me, trust me, it does. I will trust me it does. Well. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I learned from from Gary today that I should should question everything.
Speaker 1: Gary doesn't know how to play Mono Blue. That's that is true. I'll teach him. I'll teach them, and everybody will start hating him.
Speaker 3: So are you gonna teach Gary how to play? And I'm gonna teach Cora how to play, and then we're gonna have it.
Speaker 1: Oh, and then the Battle of the Disciples, Yeah, and corals start to hate magic because Gary will just be like, oh, Connor spell, He'll shave his whole beard except his neck. He can be just a neck beard.
Speaker 3: What would Gary look I've never seen him without a beard never, I have I have no idea what Gary looks like. If Gary committed a federal.
Speaker 1: Crime and shaved his beard and dyed his hair and ran away.
Speaker 3: And just took off, and the police sketch artist came to us and they said, Okay, we're looking for this this Gary character. Producer Gary, that's what's he look like?
Speaker 1: Well, he's a long hair and a beard.
Speaker 3: There's a hat. And then he said, yeah, like, what does he look like like? What if he shaves the beard off?
Speaker 1: I don't know. He could not have a fucking mouth. Yeah, I have no idea, right, Like, it's it's I don't know. Does Gary have teeth? Oh yeah, yeah, we Yeah, he does have teeth. How do you know that his beard is very thick? That's doctor Okay. Well though that's not proof either because the dentist and have no teeth.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, yes, see, so we don't know anything about them. I could not describe him to a sketch artist.
Speaker 1: I would say he has a tiny wiener and I would show the mind as evidence. It's about this big See. You couldn't even do that now.
Speaker 3: I couldn't even do that. Man, Like, I hope you never go missing or something. Dude, I could think if they shaved you, and like they could make you get a job at a gas station that I go to all the time.
Speaker 1: No, when when you say shave Gary that I'm a picturing a naked mole rat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have those at our zoo.
Speaker 1: I'm not interested in naked mole rat. Gary.
Speaker 3: The naked mole rat is a fascinating animal.
Speaker 1: I think. Ah, that's the start the show.
Speaker 4: Another weird This is a weird episode. We're getting ready for Vegas. We're in vacation rode already. Episode four ninety six. Holy shit hit our theme song?
Speaker 1: Are we