Speaker 1: Shut up.
Speaker 2: Now I'm going to you something that's gonna hit you in the It's like a shot. Now from one, I understand the Lamps fand Wrestling Podcast is up from award.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: I don't know what kind of award it is, and quite frankly, I don't care. All I know is that they're up for something called a sports podcast award, and the award they're up for is the best wrestling podcast. Now, I ask you something. If you're not gonna vote for them, I ask you why. Is it because they're the newcomer after ten years? Is it because they're not a big movie star like Hulk Hogan, the big immortal one himself. Oh, I'm saying. I look at you in the eyes, and I say it's real simple. Now, you go and you vote for the Lapse fan the same as you go and you send one hundred and fifty cans of being a Sausages to Saint Mary's Cathedral. If you go and vote for a Lapse fan and you give them everything you got, I'll send you an auograph picture. Because it doesn't matter who they're up against. It could be Rick Flair, it could be Sean Michaels. Because It doesn't matter because I don't tell you something stead of two and depend Like my boy Frank, it doesn't vote for anything. I'm gonna tell you right now that someone's gonna be going for you. Now you go and you vote for up. You go, Can we do that again our live sid You go and you vote for lap Fan. You go to www dot sports podcast group, dot com, slash sports Underscore category, slash Best Wrestling dash Podcast, slash hashtag, and you show them that the Lapsed Fan is the podcast that rules the world.
Speaker 3: It's the Lapsed Fan Wrestling Podcast with Jack M.
Speaker 4: Carn S, e O and JP Sorrow.
Speaker 2: We've got an exciting Christmas program lined up for these folks.
Speaker 1: We've been to a Little Boys this year. I don't know. I don't.
Speaker 2: It's an artificial tree, so I did artificial job at trimming.
Speaker 1: Timness is only exceeded by your inability to adjust.
Speaker 2: The wrangling deer.
Speaker 4: The Lapsed Fan's got a price for the million dollar man.
Speaker 1: Even Santa Claus in South say it's not so.
Speaker 3: Stop and welcome back to the twenty twenty four to You Left Christmas Show. It is one for the books already nuts and we've got so much to work through, boss Man, Mama sorrow here and uh it's the unwrapping three. And it's, like I said, one for the record books. We've got next the next gift of Christmas from uh normal Illinois. I doubt that John Hooker brother. Yeah, you're gonna open this one, boss Man.
Speaker 1: Let me get situated here. Oh, I can do it, if it's all right, Oh no, it's fine, okay.
Speaker 3: From Illinois, one of my favorite states.
Speaker 2: Always we have it.
Speaker 1: We have a letter a start. See if I remember. I think this one is actually from last year, believe it or not. Deer Co Chairs. After a trip to New York this past fall where I toured the mecca that is Madison Square Garden, which I could have done that while the Boss was telling unsuspecting tour groups about being president for the Mains twenty where Crispin Wan won the main event and then subsequently killed his family and himself.
Speaker 3: Did you know that when he was doing tours of Madison Square Garden he would tell tour guests that he.
Speaker 1: Will specific let me say this, So there was one tour guide who if I was not giving a tour and I was doing one of the other kind of stations and whatnot. He he knew I was a wrestling fan, and so he was a wrestling fan from way way back, and so he would come up and he'd talk about wrestling in Madison Square Garden. If he saw me, he'd say, and here's another wrestling fan, and he would want me to share a story. And it's funny. He'd ask me every single time he did this, maybe I don't know, at least once a week while I was working there, and I would always share a story about going there, Jack and I went there for Wrestlmania twenty back in two thousand and four, and that the winner was this wrestler called Cris ben Wah who And then I would continue the story and say who three years later in two thousand and seven killed both his wife, his son, and then himself, which is a true story. But I'll tell this toy and he would just like, you're killing my crowd. Like he'd be so upset, and I'm like, why do you keep doing this? Like I'm gonna do it? Every single time you asked me.
Speaker 3: Can you imagine who doing that to a tour group at the garden?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Oh, I used to love. I used to always love just doing stuff like that. I was like kind of throwing really dark stuff in there. It was fun.
Speaker 3: His name was Cris ben Wah and went completely insane and murdered his family. It was a sad day for wrestling fans, and those of us who stuck around after that have a lot of introspection to do about why we need to stop watching Right down there.
Speaker 1: I got engaged later that night to a wonderful woman who enjoys wrestling almost as much as I do, despite it only being introduced to it in twenty twenty.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: We plan to wed and buy a home together in the spring, which means that I have been slowly going through my possessions and deciding what will make the trip to the new house and what will not. Fortunately, your unwrappening has given me the opportunity to send some things your way that I think you might find amusing. It turns out that I was a big goldberg mark while I was in college during the Monday Night Wars and bought some merch that I inexplicably have to this day. There are three items here that give us an idea of WCW's marketing approached and its heyday one of them. One of these items makes total sense for wrestling, while the other two are a little more questionable. I'll let you decide to keep them or forward them on to Brett Hart to ruin his day. But either way, I hope you enjoy a little bit of nineteen ninety eight nostalgia. Twenty five years on. Yes, last year, twenty five years on. Thank you for the laughs on the cast and in that ass as your mule log spreads cheeks and cheer this holiday season.
Speaker 3: You know, he makes an interesting point. Who's the letter writer again? It's John, is it John?
Speaker 1: John Hooker? Yes, you know we should bring.
Speaker 3: This up now because we've been talking about it and his letter made me think about it. As we get, you know, bombarded with these things that are designed in many cases to just get a pop from us on the air, which is wonderful reason to give a gift and sort. You know, people are becoming, as we do this three years, appreciative of the fact that we end up with a lot of stuff that we don't know what to do with. Yes, I mean, just stuff that just hoards our space and just that we hate to just like throw away unless it's the Jeff hardy thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, which yes, just doesn't feel like to burn that.
Speaker 3: If you're listening to this and you've sent us a gift before, how would you feel about a program where we regift some of the things that we've been given that we don't have immediate utility for, but we give it to a member of the Solar System who pledges to us on Patreon, particularly in the mote tier, where we're really always really mindful about making people feel extra appreciated for that incredibly generous support. If that's something that you out there and listener land that may have gifted us in the past, would take objection to please email us at the Lapsed fan at gmail dot com, because we don't want to regift things that people really wanted to sit with us. Yeah, but there's just so many things. After three years doing this and we want to do it every year, it's gonna be like.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of stuff too. I mean there's there's there's stuff that I definitely want to keep and that I that I've enjoyed keeping, you know, like those those medallions and souvenir coins and stuff like that. I've liked those and the pins, you know, like the I had the Bobby Heena and Jesse Ventura pins still on my wall, so like I always keep that kind of stuff and the dolls, you know, I don't. I'm going to keep it jesse Ventura dolls and the Cereal box. You know, still questioning whether or I should eat that.
Speaker 3: But there will come a day when you want to get rid of it. Yeah, and what better way to to what better thing to do with it than to share it with a member of the Solar system who can say, not only is this a box of old to be of cereal, it's the one the chairman got for the Christmas show, and now I have that one. I think that's a great way to find a home for a lot of this stuff that well, otherwise, honestly, just sit in the closet. I'll just wonder until we move one day or something happens what to do with it. And I'd hate to get to that day where we just throw it away and you know, just kind of hold our nose and throw them all away. But you know, I also don't want to put the car before the horse and assume that people would be okay with us just redistributing some of this stuff. So yeah, objection, let us know, but I'll use that as the list. Well you had you said that it's hilarious in a way. I don't know if this stuff fits in a museum. I mean some of the stuff, but I.
Speaker 1: Don't know if you'd sell tickets to this museum.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that would probably cost us more than when then we'd make.
Speaker 1: I'm still going with it generosity.
Speaker 4: I don't know that. I don't know an I don't know the business.
Speaker 1: Not many people do, you know.
Speaker 4: Young people are still enjoying that, and as you guys started as kids and your kids may enjoy it, and some people just want.
Speaker 1: To see Yeah, well sure sure, so wouldn't be a moneymaker.
Speaker 3: Right library, Yes, yeah, it's a bad idea. You starting selling Dennis a cap a little bit, yeah, you know, in terms of the value of some of the stuff. But I you know, it's it's an interesting idea. Maybe one day, maybe one day. But there's some of these things that they don't speak to us or our show or what we do. They just are funny wrestling things from years past that if they sat in a museum, it wouldn't it would be disemb it wouldn't be associated with us really at all. So no, you know, but I I think I think we should do it, And but I don't want to presume that it's okay with everybody who takes the time to send us gifts. So let let us know if you have an objection, we reserve the right to ignore it. But oh my god, there's one example. What the hell is that?
Speaker 1: It's a uh, it's a pennant of uh uh Goldberg.
Speaker 3: Bill Goldberg from the ninety eight Days.
Speaker 1: But they say Bill too, Bill Goldberg, which.
Speaker 3: Is why he wants us to pass it to Brett Hart, who always makes sure to say Bill Goldberg.
Speaker 1: Right, that's really funny. No, there's a toy here. Oh my god, look at that.
Speaker 3: It's one of those what what was that San Francisco toy makers. This is w Stubby Goldberg plastic figurine. Yeah, yep, that's when they brought back San Francisco toy makers after they had the the l j N style bag.
Speaker 1: It's it's it's it's after that. It's that weird. Yeah. These I don't even know what you call them, but they're weird.
Speaker 3: Did you have any No, No, I didn't have these, never tempted to take those off the shelves during the attitude.
Speaker 1: Of area looks. I mean I'd rather I liked I preferred the Jacks over them. That's wild. Oh we got a Goldberg baseball.
Speaker 3: Oh my god, they came out so much Goldberg stuff. A black Goldberg baseball's Mark McGuire on that picture. I remember the w stub magazine cover with Goldberg and Mark McGuire during the home run Goldberg and sting Olburg and Sting on the baseball. Yes, I used to sell w I still have the nitro cologne from a few years ago. That would be just a hilarious thing to send to somebody in exchange for I think so their support. I think that's that that's what we should do. But again, please let us know the lapsed fan at gmail dot com if you'd have an issue with that, and we won't share your gift. But this has to this has to be reflected in a further generosity from us. I think, yes, I think that's right. I agree, welling's starting to happen.
Speaker 1: We have to pay it forward. I think somebody needs to get that. Michael Hayes Pillow, I believe so too. I believe somebody who deserves that. Michael Hayes pillow someone who's caused me pain and I'll cause them pain and shame.
Speaker 3: Coming to a mailbox near you in exchange for your Patreon pledge. Michael Hayes, Love John, thank you for the onslaught of gold bro Any. Any Christmas wouldn't be complete without the Star of Santa.
Speaker 1: Sleighs Santa Claus himself.
Speaker 3: So thank thank you very much for the gift, and we wish you and yours and merry Christmas and we'll see you next time. As the Unwrapping, three rolls On is a seceding preceding.
Speaker 1: In the laser production of the Laps Entertainment Group. Its content is intended for private use only.
Speaker 3: Truly sorry, we want