Speaker 1: Kelly Clarkson on Mix ninety six to nine in The Valley's Best to Mix. I'm Priscilla. It's time for balling on a budget. It's that tip to help you save money and live your best life. And nothing is living better than a meal at Wendy's. Right now, it looks like they're trying to compete with McDonald's five dollars meal, and they're launching their own five dollars meal called the Big Noon Saucy Deal. So for five bucks you can get six crispy and nuggets shaken in your choice of sauce. I personally would prefer buffalo sauce, a small order of fries, and a small drink. You do have to order through the app, and then it's going on through the end of the month. So McDonald's has the upper hand here because they're going through the end of the year for their five dollar meal, but either way, both options good. Also, those twenty four carrot gold under eye patches, they're just four dollars and sixty three cents right now on Amazon. They're usually about fifteen bucks. And those are those eye patches that we've been telling you about that help with depuffing They're perfect for.
Speaker 2: The morning time and just make you look like you.
Speaker 1: Actually slept instead of rolling around in bed, maybe a kid in your bed with you, or your husband's snoring. These eyepatches take all that away. It's magic, truly. So check out those links. We'll have them up on our Instagram right now. At Mikes ninety six nine FM. It's Mike ninety six nine the Valley's Best Mix. I'm Priscilla. It's time for What's trententy brought to you by Helott River Resorts and Casinos and Colin Jost from Saturday Night Live revealed the huge purchase he made without telling his wife, Scarlett Johanson, a two hundred and eighty thousand dollars long Island fairy. She said she was quite surprised when she saw that him and Pete Davidson bought this fairy, but once she kind of understood why, she's like, wait, this could actually be something awesome. So he wants to turn it into a fairy that is like an entertainment venue through the you know, the progress has been kind of slow, but they think they can really make it awesome and hopefully eventually do a fashion show and start doing actual events on this ferry. Not gonna lie. It sounds kind of cool. Something else that sounds amazing. Lady Gaga the new residency at the Las Vegas Sphere, Well, that's what online sports betting platforms are betting on. They've already had acts like YouTube, Fish, Debt and Company, and a lot more happening at the Sphere. They just had a UFC fight this past weekend. The Eagles are on their way there, so they think the next one up is Lady Gaga. How dope would that be Lady Gaga at the Sphere with all her theatrics and and just how great of.
Speaker 2: A performer she is, and then what the Sphere can offer. It would be awesome.
Speaker 1: This one's kind of sketched. Courtney Kardashian plans to create a ozembic themed weight loss drug. It's plant based. It's called GLP one daily. She calls it a breakthrough innovation and metabolic health formulated to naturally boost your body's GLP one production. I have a hard time accepting any product from a Kardashian that's labeled and naturally produced, because, like you know, but maybe it'll work, maybe it won't, especially with plant based they do say it contains lemon, saffron and orange extract, so if you're interested, check that out. On the way we have the Sip of the Day. And Maury Povich, you know, the TV show host that we grew up watching, is married to someone that I had no idea and people are minds blown on the internet when they released a video and it is amazing. We got to play it for you coming up around six forty right here on mix Let's go. That's Tumbawamba. I'm mixed ninety six nine in the Valley's Best Mix. I'm Priscilla. It's time for your Sip of the Day. That's small sip of fun to kickstart your day while you sip on your coffee. And Maury Povich, we all remember watching him growing up on TV when we stayed home sick. We had no business watching that uh TV show slash talk show. You are the father like the toxicity AnyWho. I never really care about his personal life. I don't think any of us did. We just wanted the drama. Until just a few days ago. He collabed on his wife's Instagram talking about her new book, and who knew that he was married to the one and only Connie Chong Bye. I'm Maury Povich. This is my wife, Connie Connie Chung Povige. That's her Instagram account. But guess what it's all about her? No, no, I tell all kinds of secrets about my baby daddy and you are my baby daddy. And her new.
Speaker 3: Book Connie Wow.
Speaker 1: Creative title. Huh he came up with it, he did, He said, just call it Connie. Read the book. Okay. First of all, like hearing your parents, it's like herring your grandparents say baby daddy, Like no, so random. I love their like very staged banter trying to be funny back and forth. But they're very cute. I did not realize they've been married for like over thirty years. Like what you gotta check out this video. It's actually very sweet. They look like they belong together. It's on our Instagram at Mix ninety six nine FM.
Speaker 2: Okay, on the way, if.
Speaker 1: You are in a serious relationship, at some point you've realized it's not all rainbows and butterflies, and you have been a Eddie LaBelle Okay, Petti, Paula. That was me a couple days ago, and I was so petty. I will withheld back celebrating our anniversary. We'll talk about it around six fifty right here on Mix ninety six to nine. Hozier is going to be at our iHeartRadio Music Festival this weekend. If you want to go, tickets at AXS dot com. There's still time for a quick getaway weekend. But sid being a wife turns into something you never thought you'd be. Okay, petty, petty Peddie, I am petty Priscilla, like came out in full force this weekend, this past weekend. So I mean, what did Michael do? Exactly? Thank you, thank you. So long story short, my husband Thursday night went to go watch football and forgot he had a family. Oh and he said he was gonna come home at six thirty.
Speaker 2: He didn't make it home till eight.
Speaker 1: I know it's not that long, but it's just the principle of it, right.
Speaker 3: Right, right then, say you're gonna be home at eight exactly. Just say I'm gonna stay out for the whole game.
Speaker 1: Don't say you're coming home at sax thirty and then you come home at eight like, no, thank you AnyWho. I was frustrated with him because he wasn't getting it, and he thought like, oh, you're just you're overreacting, and I'm like, well, you don't care, sure, So we got into it. We were like I was mad at him for the night, and the next day was our ten year meeting anniversary. That's right, ten years, yeah, which is very like I think it's a big deal. It is, especially for me, and I initially had planned a whole like Instagram reel and like this caption and just really highlighting our life we've built, of course, but he made me mad and so I opted against it because that's fake.
Speaker 3: I was gonna say it and see this beautifully produced video of your husband over the weekend.
Speaker 1: I'm you know, I stand true to being authentic on social media, and I'm sorry that I'm mad at you and I can't post that we're lovey w because that would be fake and I don't do fake period, So I didn't post. Do you think he will eventually? Probably not? The time is pat I get it. It was funny though, because like that night, like we made up obviously on that day and then we went to dinner and celebrated and that's all that matters really, and we had so much fun at dinner, and so I was like, Okay, he gets a story, I'll post on story. Oh my gosh, like he cared. He couldn't care less. He couldn't care at all. But I did create a little like before and after video on Instagram on stories. So I'll put that on Instagram, our Instagram if you want to check it out. The post that I withheld from my husband even though he couldn't care less on her Instagram stories At MIxS ninety six nine FM, it's the Valley's Best Mix Mix ninety six y nine. I'm Priscilla. This one threw me for a loop. It is time for our jaw dropper snock girl. I think you drop something my jaw sid ough. This girl that was kicked off of a flight. She was fourteen years old, unaccompanied and left at a random airport. I know, so scary, I know so. Her name is Cameron. She's fourteen years old. She was flying to a family member in Toronto and they had an issue.
Speaker 2: On the plane with like weight and balance.
Speaker 1: Listen to what she had to say about her experience. I was sitting down, I was ready for the plane to take off.
Speaker 2: There had been a problem, so I need to get off the aircraft. They closed the door.
Speaker 1: So I was really confused because I was like, I'm supposed to be on that plane. Yeah, So what happened was they were having weight issues, right, and they were asking for volunteers, and no one volunteered. But I just don't understand why they would take her off of the flight because she's a miner, you know.
Speaker 3: No, they claimed that they didn't know she was a miner and they were just going off of like fare prices, so I assume they take you know, maybe cheaper seats or something like that, but just to leave her there.
Speaker 1: And then common sense though too, like as I'm just thinking as an adult, like I'm assuming she's fourteen, she looks fourteen. She looks like a child, right, Like, does no one notice or say anything like, hey, this child is without a parent, and no one has said like, hey, that's my kid. You can't leave her here, or that fourteen year old didn't say, uh, I'm by myself.
Speaker 2: I need to not you know, be I need to be on the plane.
Speaker 1: And then the flight just love.
Speaker 3: I've actually done this before, but someone was with us. I was I was probably ten, my sister was fifteen. We had someone a company and like, come with us, Oh, okay, get us on the flight, make sure everything's good, and then we took Oh.
Speaker 1: Like you went on a flight without your parents.
Speaker 2: Okay, so you weren't left behind.
Speaker 3: But I guess this airline has one something like that, but it's for younger people. So I don't know if that's because it's in Canada or what. But this poor girl just got left at the airport.
Speaker 1: Well listen, I know she's fourteen, Thank goodness, she's not eight years old. But yes, I think of my teenage daughter who's eighteen, and that still freaks me out for her because she's still very young and not really knowing how to travel on her own. I just think we got to be more careful, you know. All Right on the way, we have what's trending and how cool is this? There is a Scottsdale bartender that won a national award, which is super cool. Plus there are a lot more calls to poison control because kids are consuming this thing that you wouldn't think that would create a call to poison control, which is not so. And we have your tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights. We'll do that just around seven twenty five.
Speaker 2: My favorite on Mayor song.
Speaker 1: I had to play it for you, Your Body is a Wonderland on Mixed ninety six to nine, the Valley's Best Mix. All right, it is time for what's trending? How cool is this? A Scottsdale bartender was named best Bartender in the US for hustle, accuracy and charisma. His name is Bud and he is a bartender at the Montak in Scottsdale. He competed in Las Vegas against nine hundred and fifty other bartenders in this thing called the Corimino Cup, and h yeah, he not only got featured as the best in the US, he also got ten thousand dollars and he was in the magazine Chilled, So congrats to him. Uh. Target is relaunching its popular car seat trade in program now through September twenty eighth, So you got about nine days left. So if you drop off your old car seat at participating stores, you'll receive twenty percent off discount on select baby gear, including car seats, rollers, and all that jazz. So it accepts all types of car seats, including expired or damage ones, and it recycles the materials to support the company's sustainability goals. By the way, they're also hiring over one hundred thousand employees across the nation for the holidays. My daughter just got hired at Target. So if you're looking for a seasonal job, Target has got you covered. Keep an eye on the kiddos in those energy drinks. Poison Control is saying that calls are up by twenty percent just because of energy drinks alone. Data is out showing that there were more than twenty eight hundred calls. Nearly half of the cases were young kids unintentionally drinking these energy drinks that look like kool aid, that look like a fun kid drink. Especially I know that Prime is a big one. There's an energy drink out there that looks like a sour Patch energy drink, and I have to be on it all the time with my daughter. She's eight, and she always thinks they're these fun drinks. I'm like, first of all, the sugar absolutely not. Secondly, let me see what's going on there. But signs of caffeine overdosing your kiddos in include increase of heart rate, heart palpitations, increased blood pressure, nausea, and anxiousness. So just keep an eye out on that. All right, let's do this. It is time to hook you up with those tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights. If you want to go, give us a call right now. We got a four pack six oh two two six oh oh nine six nine. That's six oh two two six oh oh nine, six ' nine. All you gotta do is win American aidol. It's the Valley's Best mix on Mix ninety six nine. I'm Priscilla and uh. Before we get to play an American a idol, sid, I wanted to give a shout out to Yoletta and her kiddo, Sophia, Joshua and Camilla. They are listening on the way to school right now. I'll have a great take. Guys up and let's do this. It is time to play American aidol. We got h what's up? Who do we have on the phone? Jane? Hello? Good more? Are you there? Jay? Okay? All right, okay, let's do this. So what you gotta do is guess what song American aidol ai is singing and then you wing your tickets to Universal Studios Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights. Okay, okay, all right, let's do this. What song is Ai singing?
Speaker 4: I can buy myself flowers, write my name in the sand, talk to myself for hours, say things you don't understand. I can take myself dancing, and I can hold my own hand. Yeah. I can love me better than you can.
Speaker 1: Okay, what song is Ai singing?
Speaker 5: Flowers by Honday?
Speaker 1: Congratulations? You're gonna go to Universal Studios, Hollywood Halloween Horror Nights. I thank you so much, of course, hang ted? Okay, thank you? Did you hear said though that Miley Cyrus is getting sued for this song. Don't like it? Okay, So what's happening is I didn't. I'm actually surprised because I thought it was apparent. So this song is very similar to Bruno Mars when I was your man. So here, listen to Bruno Mars's song because it sounds very similar.
Speaker 2: We all know I should a bunch of flowers.
Speaker 1: I don't know, shout a, get a. Okay, here's the thing is like, because I do think it sounds so similar. I thought it was something that like they passed by their team.
Speaker 3: And they talked about right, And this happens all the time in songs for years and years and years.
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think it's that similar. I mean, she's buying her self flowers. First of all, good.
Speaker 2: Point, A good point. It doesn't look like Bruno's the one suing her.
Speaker 1: It looks like it's like the team that created the melody and the lyrics. But we'll see what happens. And I'm wondering if Bruno might step in and be like, no, no, no, we're not gonna do this. Sometimes we squash it doesn't go anywhere. Yeah, hopefully we will do that again tomorrow morning around the same time.
Speaker 2: But coming up with what's trending.
Speaker 1: Some Arizona local influencers are under fire nationally because they left their kids alone on a cruise ship. We'll talk about it in two songs on Mix Green Day, I'm Excitty six nine. In The Valley's Best Mix, I'm Priscilla and it is time for our hot topic.
Speaker 6: People started to speculate and believe that we had left our children alone in their staterooms, and I'm just completely untrue.
Speaker 1: Cool. So those are two Arizona influencers that are under fire on the internet right now. Their names are matt In Abby and they allegedly left their kids alone on a cruise ship while they went to dinner in the lobby. So they posted a TikTok video and their kids, basically saying that they left the phones behind to FaceTime the kids so they can go downstairs and have a dinner. I don't think they realized that a lot of people would come after them sid but the internet did. They're like, oh my gosh, you're terrible parents.
Speaker 2: Who would do that?
Speaker 1: You're the worst. They felt, obviously like they had to release a statement. They came out and kind of said like, that's not really what happened. Maybe that's what it looked like. I can understand, but that's not the case. But our question for a hot topic is like, is it a big deal? Did the internet overreact or was it a poor parenting choice? Well, I mean, this story just blew up overnight. So many people care, which is kind of crazy. So my problem here is not that they did this, is that they put it on the internet, all right.
Speaker 3: I Like, honestly, when you first said the story, I was like, did they have a baby monitor?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: My thing. You don't have any questionable parenting choices I make on the daily but I'm not gonna put it on the internet. Exactly like they were.
Speaker 3: The kids were being watched virtually, and how far were they from their room?
Speaker 1: Like, essay, the baby started crying, could they get to the baby within five minutes? Because here's how I view I know, listen, I'm not saying I side with them. I don't know all the details. But for example, if I had a baby sleeping upstairs in my bedroom and then me and all my friends were downstairs in the backyard, it would take me about five minutes to get to the kid. Right. Is that how close they were? Is it similar to leaving your baby upstairs sleeping in your house and being outside in the backyard by the pool, right, Like if you're on vacation you're at in the airbnb and the kids inside and you guys are down you know, by the pool. Or is this different because it's a cruise ship and oh, being in the ocean in general is terrifying, let alone alone.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I think people are being a little too harsh, to be honest, and I think it's crazy that they have to come out with a statement and be like our kids were safe.
Speaker 1: Well, there's reports that there people are trying to call CPS on them. Oh gosh. But maybe here's the other thing, too, is like, are we skewed? And I'm like, I don't think it's a big deal, But in reality, society's like, no, girl, it is a big deal. Maybe that might be the case and we're just lax. Listen. I grew up in a culture where kids would fall asleep on chairs at eleven PM at birthday parties. Honestly, so I'm not phased.
Speaker 2: But maybe I should be, and maybe that shouldn't be normal.
Speaker 1: So give us a call. We would love to hear your opinion on this whole situation. Six oh two two six oh oh nine, six ' nine. That's six oh two two, six oh oh nine, six ' nine. It's six ninety six nine. The Valley's Best Mixed. I'm Priscilla. We're in the middle of our hot topic and we're talking about these two Arizona influencers, Matt and Abby, who got dragged on the internet because they left their kiddos uh sleeping in the room of their cruise ship and went downstairs to the lobby for dinner. They did have baby monitors, and we're able to see him, but everyone's like, how do you just leave your kiddos behind while you go enjoy dinner. Well, we have Crystal on the phone. Crystal, what's your opinion on this hot topic?
Speaker 6: Like, many people go out in their backyard all the time and FaceTime their kids camera monitors, So what's the difference of sitting.
Speaker 5: I mean, I have three kids who are completely grown, and I've gone in the backyard when they're asleep, So.
Speaker 1: Like, all right, that's a great perspective. Thank you so much. We have Kendra on the phone in a patch junction. Kendro, what's your opinion on this hot topic?
Speaker 5: Hi, I just think that it's wrong. It's bad parenting. If you have a child, you need to understand that's a responsibility to take care of that child. You don't leave it alone. And there's so many options that they had. They ate in the room, the child who came with and just like slept in the car seat. I've done that before with a baby, and just I mean, it just doesn't make sense a baby fitter.
Speaker 3: They really need.
Speaker 5: To prioritizer child over themselves. That's kind of what you do when you have a baby. They come first. So I just it makes me angry.
Speaker 1: I get it. I know because how many parents are out there are like, oh, I wish I would have been around when this happened, or I wish that, you know, if I was just there, things could have been different. So I get it.
Speaker 2: I just don't know that.
Speaker 1: I love that people are threatening to call CPS and saying they're they are terrible parents, Like I just I hate that because parenting is so complex. But I love all the person inspectives. Give us a call if you are angry, if you agree, if you disagree, if you think that they should have never been dragged, or if you think they should have We want to hear at six oh two two six oh oh nine six nine. That's six oh two two, six oh oh nine, six ' nine. It's the Valley's best mix of exciting six ' nine. We're about to get into commercial free music, but we're just wrapping up our hot topic and we're talking about Matt and Abbey, these Arizona influencers who are under fire on social media because they went on a cruise with their family. Their two boys were sleeping in the room, and so they took the face of the baby monitors and facetimed them and went to dinner downstairs in the lobby. So people are like, how could you leave your kids behind?
Speaker 2: That's such bad parenting.
Speaker 1: But then other people are like, well, it's not that really, that's not that big of a deal. People do it when they're downstairs in the backyard, you know, barbecuing while their.
Speaker 2: Kids are sleeping.
Speaker 1: So we're asking you what your thoughts are, and we have Mark and Phoenix on the phone.
Speaker 2: Marks, Mark, what's your opinion on this hot topic?
Speaker 6: You know, honestly, first things first, whether we agree or disagree, it's nobody's business to critique these parents because it's not their kids. But second of all, people forget Like I was raised in the nineties, My parents let me out of the house and told me I didn't have to come back until the street lamps run, and I wondered anywhere I wanted to, and I came back fine, Like you got.
Speaker 1: To you gotta stop.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no being so worried.
Speaker 1: I mean, there's a reason why there's a reason why there's the term called latchkey kids. You know, it's like they used to I remember when, I mean, listen, obviously the times have changed and it's not good or normal anymore. But I remember being left alone when you're like eight years old for like four hours while your mom's at work until she comes home after school.
Speaker 6: You know, oh absolutely, But like at the same token, even simpler is like, you know, I have seven kids, and if I'm in a hotel, I leave the kids in the hotel room. I can go downstairs, get in, or go back up and I know they're fine. Like, yeah, I think people have lown this out of proportion. If that's how you want to raise your kids and be a turnkey parent, that's fine. But don't come at somebody else for how they're parenting. They didn't endanger their child, Your business to parents somebody else.
Speaker 1: Get Mike drop. Here's kind of the perspective too. It's like, sometimes not everything needs to be on social media, and I think that's the lesson learned.
Speaker 2: None of this would have happened if you know.
Speaker 1: People, because like I said, I make parenting decisions that some people might be like whoa, But I'm not going to put that on the Internet for everyone to like speculate.
Speaker 6: Don't air your own dirty laundry, Like, don't put that on social media. That's not anybody's business. There you go be like putting your relationship on social media for everybody to see good and bad.
Speaker 1: And we ain't having that.
Speaker 2: Mark, We are not having that.
Speaker 1: All right, Thanks so much, Mark, appreciate you have a wonderful day. All right, let's move on. We're gonna get into some commercial free music, plus what's trending on the way. A Chandler mom is making her TV debut. We're gonna tell you all about it around eight twenty five. Right here, I'll mix John Mayer I Mix ninety six nine in the Valley's Best Mix.
Speaker 2: It's time for what's trending.
Speaker 1: So Jersey short star Mike the situation Sorrentino is opening up his own chain of rehab centers.
Speaker 2: They're gonna be called the Archangel Centers.
Speaker 1: The treatment centers will offer programs for adolescents and adults, and we'll focus on holistic healing and compassionate support services. Listen, if you are going to use your success and your fried fame and your disaster of a career for good, this is it. Like he's been really open about his struggles with addiction and his sobriety and how well he's been doing, and so to take all of that and create something good from it and help people. I am here for it, so we are a situation stand for life. A Chandler woman is competing in a new CBS show ca The Summit.
Speaker 2: Her name is Rose.
Speaker 1: She's a stay at home mom and it's a high altitude competition which takes place in the New Zealand Alps, where sixteen contestants must navigate tough terrain in harsh conditions. So carrying an equal share of a million dollars, the group has about fourteen days to reach the distance of the mountain peak while facing all those challenges. I'm not gonna lie so fascinated by this and that premieres on CBS on September twenty ninth. There's new emojis coming to your smartphone soon. A face with under eyebags, Oh my gosh, that spoke to me immediately, a fingerprint, a purple splat symbol, turn up, a leafless tree to like fall. I'm assuming, a harp and a shovel. What I cannot wait for is that emoji generator where you just put in what kind of emoji you want and it creates it, which is gonna be awesome. And then finally, coffee mate. I love a good creamer, but they're introducing a new bagel and cream cheese flavored coffee creamer, and I just no, thank you, But if you want to give it a shot, that's coming to shelf soon. All right on the way, not only do we have commercial for music, we also have your chance to go to Barrett Jackson. All coming up just after nine oh five. Right here, all mix, Good morning, it's six ninety six to nine of the Valley's Best Mix. We're commercial free. And I don't know how I feel about this, but a Florida man sold an eighty five million dollar mansion right and he slashed the price because it wasn't selling. And then he found out after the fact that the person that bought the house at the discounted rate was Jeff Bezos, the Amazon founder, but his real atur didn't disclose that, and so now he feels slighted because obviously we know that Jeff Bezos could afford way more, and so he's suing the realtor for not disclosing information. But I'll be honest, I have a hard time feeling bad for rich people and we're in the middle of commercial free music. It's six ninety six' nine in the Valley's Best Mix. I'm Priscilla and it's time for the vibe check, and it looks like boomers are got the vibes and found chicken. Wow. Yeah. According to the study, boomers are getting it on more than younger generations. They're more intimate, they're exploring things more, you know, like just enjoying their partners. Yes. I know this may come as a shock to people, but listen, they got a lot of time on their hands. They're retired, That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 3: And they're not wrapped up in the social media exactly.
Speaker 1: And they couldn't care less about anything and everything at this point because I think a lot of times we get in our heads about stuff and we overthink, and so we don't you know, you know, they're they're living like a simpler life. Yeah, so all.
Speaker 3: These outside that's the thing with kids now, they're they're living everything online and there's so much to watch. Yes, Like back in the day, you'd have like a couple shows you would catch live, yes, And if they're not on, what do you do it?
Speaker 1: You know, hanging out? That's your significant of it. And then I think of us millennials for example, like we're busy, We're booked and busy. We've got josey true, we've got events, we got things to do. Young kids, there's like too much chaos. So boomers have boom. Shout out to boomers, it's for you, you know why, for the first time in my entire life, I cannot wait to get older. Yes, it's the Valley's Best Makes of sety six to nine. I'm Priscilla, so our guy, Teddy Swims couldn't be more relatable. He shares what his favorite music video of all time is and why his favorite.
Speaker 7: Music video of all time is a It's what hurts the most rust when I was when I was growing up and I was first singing, I get off my bus and you know he's on the road singing and uh. I used to just get off and sit right in front of my driveway on the road and just well the mouse and done. I was like, I was just put my little player on.
Speaker 1: How to you remember our CD players on the bus and then the bus would bounce and it'd skip the song. Memories. All right, let's do this. If you want to go to Barrett Jackson, we have a pair of tickets for you. It's the Future Collector Car Show, Live Entertainment of Festival of Food, the World Food Championships, Off West Chef Showdown, so much more October tenth through the thirteenth. If you want to go, give us a call right now. Six oh two two, six oh nine, six ' nine. It's The Valley's Best Mixed six seventy six nine. I'm Priscilla and Sid What uh you watch anything good on TV? Right now?
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, We're obsessed with this show called Fight Night The Million Dollar Heist. It's Kevin Hart Okay, don Cheetle Taraji p. Hansen hens in Okay, And it's about when Muhammada Lee comes into Atlanta back in the day. This is like in the seventies. Yeah, a big fight and then Kevin Hart like orchestrates this big party and then by all the gangsters from all over the all over the country, okay, and then somebody robs them and they don't know that they're robbing these gangsters, and then he's wrapped up in all of it, okay. And he is such a good actor, Like I like him in a dramatic role, but he's still funny he gives those looks and just crack up.
Speaker 1: Okay, it's a series or a movie.
Speaker 3: It's a series, and it's on Peacock and now they release episodes weekly, so we're like dying to see the next one, which is kind of annoy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're doing it old school. How many episodes are out right now? I want to say maybe eight, okay, because I'm trying to think, can I catch up and watch it? Yeah, there's eight out right now? Okay, So good? Is it? Like just a good? Like, oh, what's next? Like, it's good. It's crime. It's a little mystery.
Speaker 3: Don Cheeto plays like this detective and so he's kind of trying to get down to the bottom of it.
Speaker 1: I want to see Kevin Hart in a serious role because I've only ever seen him in a silly one, so I would be curious to see how he's living this double life. It's it's good you. On the other hand, I start watching The Uglies and it's like trending on Netflix.
Speaker 2: Is one of the top movies right now.
Speaker 1: And Joey King, right, she's the one from she played Gypsy Rose, Yes, and she did the Kissing Booth and all of that, and I actually really like her.
Speaker 5: I do too.
Speaker 1: I do this movie. I thought it was gonna be awesome because basically what it is, it's everyone is born ugly and when they turn sixteen, they go through this transformation where they become beautiful and then they get to move to another city when you turn sixteen what these and the uglies and the pretties do not coexist. There's literally like this bridge that separates the two worlds and it's super futuristic. And Joey King is like an ugly because she's a young girl and her best friend becomes a pretty and it's this whole story about the uglies versus the pretties. But it's just so bizarre and the plot like holes, and they could have made it so much better. And then the people that ended up being quote unquote pretties were like scary looking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was gonna say, what's the difference? Like when they're I mean, what do they have like a snaggletooth and.
Speaker 1: Like so they look like normal people like us. Okay, so I was gonna say, yeah, rude, first of all. First of all, and then when they become pretties, they literally look like do you know the guy that like, spent all that money to look like a Kardashian the plastic surgery. Yes, that's what the prettiest quote unquote look like. Okay, so like a doll, yes, exactly, scary scary looking doll. So what you have no idea? That was the plot? Like, that's crazy, and then you have these rebels that are like, I don't want to be a pretty I'm going against the grain, and then they like go off and create. It's just it's actually really bizarre. But I couldn't turn away. I watched the whole thing, and the ending was awful because I'm like, what does that now? What does that mean? What happens? Oh?
Speaker 3: Man, I'm glad you told me because I was excited to watch this and my husband would have been like great pick.
Speaker 1: Oh no, Paul would drag this movie. Honestly, you might want to watch it just because it's like an interesting, dumb movie, but your husband would not enjoy it. Out in the background, we'll see. But if you're curious about how awful that is, It's called The Uglies on Netflix.