Speaker 1: There we go. Good morning, Good morning, everything seems to be working here.
Speaker 2: Good morning.
Speaker 1: This is Ed McMahon and now ladies and gentlemen, pee.
Speaker 3: Ride right alright, Happy New Year, everybody.
Speaker 1: This is us. We are live in studio with you. It is so good to be back all with you as we start the twenty second year of The Rod Ryan Show. Twenty one now in the books. This is season twenty two of The Rod Ryan Show here in Houston, Texas. Good morning. I hope you're off to a great start to your day. It's ridiculously cold outside. That's me coming back from Buffalo telling you it's cold outside. It's thirty two out there right now. We're going to talk about that this morning for sure, as there is a freeze warning going on. Okay, So some of the things that we're gonna be doing today on the show fresh fish game number one, Fresh out of Bed, Head to head challenge, Who wants to play the first game of the year. We're gonna talk a lot about Monster Jam in the next couple of weeks. We've got three Monster Jams on tap for you. We're gonna give away a four pack of tickets with pit passes on the fun fact flashback. Who is going to remember the last fun fact that we talked about before Christmas break, I'm gonna be asking you that. Okay, Texas Hammer Game is right where it belongs, at seven to twenty. I wrote it down this morning. I already said it to Alex. I'm like, oh crap, we're doing Buzzfest this year. I'm so excited that I wrote it out this morning. Deptone's tickets pierced the veiled tickets, I mean, lots of tickets today on the show, No rain, Sonny. That's the good news. The great news is we're going to see highs of forty seven. But then that's about it. Look up, my man Alex over here, he's spinning plates this morning. He's going to be doing the headlines. He's going to be doing the sports. He's doing at all. What are Houston's headlines?
Speaker 4: Well, good morning Rod, Good morning home room, Good morning back.
Speaker 5: We've got some cold weather advisories all throughout the Houston area today. AIRCOT issued a weather watch. It's going to last until Friday. There's a freeze morning until nine this morning, and then it's a regular cold weather advisory for the rest of the day. Aircot did say that grid conditions are expected to remain normal during the weather watch throughout this week, So let's hope that we don't have any grid issues going forward.
Speaker 1: Fingers crossed.
Speaker 5: A lawsuit is being filed against the City of New Orleans Police Department over at the Bourbon Street terrace attack on New Year's Day that killed fourteen people and injured dozens more. A personal injury firm announced that it's going to be filing the lawsuit, claiming the police department failed to implement basic safety precautions for citizens and visitors. More on that as as that comes out today.
Speaker 1: Happy divorce Day, gang, that's a weird I guess this happens every year around this time. Lawyers claim that they get more calls and people just kind of they toughed it out through the holidays and then today's supposed to be like the biggest divorce day. Yes, exactly what it is today.
Speaker 5: Yeah, today is the number one day of the year for breakups and couples to file divorces. Just like you said, people tend to push off breaking up until throughout the holidays. But now you gotta make it, you gotta you gotta cut the cord because Valentine's Days next month, and you don't want to be stuck with that. If you're already over this person, you're like, all right, let's say, look, I already got your Christmas gifts, send your family Christmas gifts.
Speaker 4: I'm not getting you a Valentine's Day gift. Let's let's end this.
Speaker 1: I have my first guy that set me an application for Mile of Me. He knows the tradition. The first guy that asked about it is automatically, and he already sent in an application. I like the preparation, so let's pencil that guy in that. All right. I hope you're not getting divorced. It's a crappy thing, but if smar, maybe it's a good thing. Okay, the start of a new beginning, you know.
Speaker 5: In some very sad entertainment news, actors, Aubrey Plaz's husband, Jeff Bina, took his life on Friday. He was just forty seven years old. Really really sad news. Bania had directed several of Plaza's movies, including Life After Beth, The Little Hours, and Spin Me Around. Plaza and Bana got married on or during twenty the twenty twenty pandemic.
Speaker 1: They got married on like an online.
Speaker 5: Wedding service during the whole pandemic situation. In music news, Jane's Addiction announced that they are recording new music without singer Perry Farrell. The band posted on Instagram the other three members laying down some tracks for new music and then looking at the comments, it looked like fans are pretty excited for it. The band did cancel their remaining twour days last year after Farrell got into an altercation with Dave Navarro on stage during a show.
Speaker 4: Those are Houston's headlines. Who's doing sports?
Speaker 1: Let's toss that. Okay, what's up, guys.
Speaker 5: Texans gotta win yesterday they beat the Titans twenty three to fourteen. I think it's time for the Titans to just hand over the Oilers jerseys.
Speaker 1: You're rowing two in the last two seasons with them on.
Speaker 5: Just give them the Texans, right, we were playing for pinks and you lost hand over the jerseys. Starters did play, but they were arrested after a couple of solid drives to start the game running BA Damian Pierce had a hell of a day at one hundred and seventy six yards at a touchdown to lead the offense seconds thirty fourth seed in the AFC playoffs. They're gonna play the Chargers on Saturday afternoon in the wild card round. Kickoff for that'll be at three thirty. And basketball Rockets also gotta win. Yesterday they got by the Lakers one nineteen to one fifteen. Jalen Green had thirty three points in the night to lead all players and scoring. Rockets are now twenty three and twelve on the season. They're gonna play the Wizards on the road tomorrow night. That is what's going on in sports. All right, take a breath, bro all right, good job, buddy.
Speaker 2: I was worried.
Speaker 1: I was wondering how I was like, how's that gonna sound? We all sat around. It wasn't until after we got down opening gifts and we were drinking, we said, oh yeah, what are we doing about? What's the headlines? After we were already drinking the last show down? All right, great job, here we go. Chillie's here, he's gonna he's gonna get you set up. I'm on the first phone call of the year. Who wants it? I see phone lines are ringing. That's a good thing. It looks like the phones are working. Seven one, still the most interactive show on the radio, said strap yourselves in for four hours of pain.
Speaker 3: Hit it haighty four or five the buzz. Good morning, rod Ryan's Show, checking in on this Monday.
Speaker 1: Happy New Year, everybody, January sixth, It's our first show of the year. Obviously sounding a little different, although sounded great again. Alex's great job. Thank you as we start a new era of The Rod Ryan Show. And this show is such an open book. You know, we're going to talk about it. Everybody knows that the last show of the year was Tessa's last show here on The rod Ryan Show. So if we're going to trash talker, we can do it today. She's not here, So if we're gonna completely throw her under the bus, today would be the day it won't happen. But yeah, I'm just you know, people are asking questions, well, what's going what's going to happen moving forward? And I don't mind talking about that. I just don't want to make a quick decision. I've never been wrong on that one position on this show. Okay, the seat that Alex is in, I've not always gotten that one right. Yeah, the seat that Chili is in I've not always gotten that one right. I've gotten it right every time with the co host on this show. So I have to get it right again. So if it just takes a little extra time, I'm okay with that. I hope you guys listening are okay with that. We just got to get it right. It'll be worth the way, I think. So you know, and you're like, well, where are you at with it? Well, we'll talk about it today on the show. I don't mind talking about all of that stuff with you guys. What are we doing today on the show? Fresh out of bed? Head to your head. I'm looking for some fresh fish. Okay, everyone's a fresh fish, looking for some brand new players. Everybody has been waiting their time. We start from day one, so it's not even a thirty day weight. It's just let's start playing the game. Who wants to play? This morning, we'll be opening up those phone line short Rarely Adam the.
Speaker 5: Cop could get Adam the cop couldn't just start this play that'd be wild.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he could for sure. So we're gonna play the game. We're gonna continue. It's our twenty second year now, starting our twenty second year. Yeah, playing the fresh out of bed head to head. We've done it for twenty one now, Monster Jam tickets in homeroom on the fun fact flashback. I'll be very impressed those of you that are calling in to try to remember that fun fact that I'll ask you to win those Monster Jam tickets. Now. Freeze warning until nine, like my man Alex said, cold weather advisory until eleven. We are going to see sunny skies today and high highs up around forty seven thirty two out there. Right now. I want to talk to you guys about whether you wrapped your pipes, make sure the pets are inside and all of that good stuff. And man, every phone line is ringing.
Speaker 6: It's that time for the first phone call of the day.
Speaker 1: Ben, Is this O G? Ben? It is? You got the first phone call of the year. Uh you can talk chilly about that one. Well, listen, welcome in. You were noticeably absent in the fresh out of head head to head Tournament of Champions, but you chimed in quite a bit. Your guy didn't win. You I think you predicted Sean Connery that was going to win the whole thing, right I did. Yeah, he didn't win.
Speaker 2: I don't know if you heard no, he did not.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, Adam the cop, the reigning champion. Right now, Well, O, g Ben, how is your new Year? How was your Christmas?
Speaker 7: Uh?
Speaker 1: I can't complain about any of that. How about yourself? That's great? Great? Should miss you guys, Thank you. I missed every one of you. Maybe you could help me with my poll question today for those of you that are celebrating happy dry January. Anyone out there trying to stay away from alcohol this month? Now, I've got three options hell no, yes, or I don't drink. I'm so I'm just gonna stay dry always dry. Half of our audience is dry. Between the people, twenty seven percent are doing dry January, fifty four percent say hell no, and then another seventeen percent say they don't drink already. What do you got going on over there? Oji, Ben? You drinker? I'm a moderate? Yeah, maybe one or two a week, Okay, So I don't know. I don't drink too much, So you don't move. I'm a morning person. Right, you don't need dry January? Then you're just you're just a modeler. Yeah, all right, any New Year's resolutions? Shit the gym more. I'm actually down about sixty pounds from October. My man, drop another thirty. How'd you lose the sixty carnivore diet? Very good. We're gonna talk about the We're gonna talk about the biggest diets of nineteen or I'm sorry, of twenty twenty five. We're gonna talk about that today on the show because that's still the number one resolution. And then you know, getting your finances in order. So we'll talk about some of that stuff today on the show. O g. Ben, are you calling back for the Fresh out of Bed? Oh?
Speaker 8: You know it?
Speaker 1: Okay, it'll be a miracle if you get through. But man, let me tell you hope. If you get through, you get through it. Drop all right, I gotta take a break coming up the freshout of vand had two heads challenge with new players. We gotta find out what's trending. I'll do that too. Okay, you're doing that too. Guys wearing where's guys spinning plates over there? All right, we'll find out what's trending. We'll get a rec check for you, and then we'll get set up for the game.
Speaker 8: Ho Houston's alternative and tell them at the Rod Ryan Morning Show ninety four five the buzz.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back everybody. Rob Ryan's show, Sun these guys today, No rain high up forty seven. That seems like it's a long way. It is a long way away from where we're at right now. Thirty one thirty one out there right now. So freeze warning until nine, cold weather advisory until eleven. You're doing too.
Speaker 4: I sure, am, buddy, I can do it all, all right?
Speaker 1: What's trending? Well? The Golden Globes were last night.
Speaker 5: Nikki Glazer did a pretty solid job hosting it.
Speaker 1: My wife had right John and she was pretty funny. Yeah. I watched the opening and then I saw a few things here and there. My takeaway to me, Moore has never won an award for her thing ever.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I didn't know that.
Speaker 1: The first time she's ever picked up hardware on any award show was last night.
Speaker 4: To me, Moore has been around forever and still looks amazing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, she looked good.
Speaker 5: And then in my household, the big story was that Wicked did not win as many things as my wife thought, and she ran out. She was My wife was very excited that Sebastian Stan win something because she has a crush on him. So that's basically the headlines here. I mean, I have Alex's house.
Speaker 1: We got a link up for the Golden Globe. So if it's something that you're interested in, and all the winners and all that Chili put, chilis putting together a link.
Speaker 5: What else, Well, the Texans got winn yesterday, it'd be the Titans twenty three to fourteen.
Speaker 1: Derek Barnett.
Speaker 5: The Derek Barnett big man scoop and score was probably my favorite part of the game. You could have said Damian Pierce's ninety two you had running touchdown was awesome. I would have liked them to throw the game to help the Giants get a better draft pick. But whatever, I'm happy for Chili happy, he's happy, and now they're they're taking on the Chargers on Saturday in the postseason. Also in trending is the Cowboys cheerleader. You see that she got beamed in the head from a kick headlining the Looking at Girls blog page. I knew you have it on the sports blog too.
Speaker 1: But cheerleaders, athletes, there is. There's some great things on the Looking at Girls blog page today. This girl takes a direct hit right in the head. She's not. She's looking the other way.
Speaker 5: The football friendly fire too from a Cowboys player Brandon, I'll be trying to kill his own cheerleaders.
Speaker 1: I mean, you gotta have.
Speaker 5: Your head on his splobble. That's what they always say. But you can see that on the looking at girl's blog.
Speaker 1: That is it's trending, right, my friend. Should we revisit? I say we should? Okay, say we should.
Speaker 9: This take the shoff to come and I'm here, fresh out of bed tick ahead twenty twenty four champions. It took along, It took a long ways to get here, five times in the Hall of Fame, finally winning a game in the tournament, and I take it all for the first time. Coming back next year, twenty twenty five, and you're gonna have your first ever back to back, two time champion. That's right, Corey go. I know you're two timers, but I'm coming in first time back to bench.
Speaker 1: Watch out for me next year.
Speaker 9: Merry Christmas and happy New Year, bitchus.
Speaker 1: Okay, time to go home, amf with the longest speech ever, It's all right, give him his time. Guy won the whole thing, brand new players never played before. Somebody that we've already talked to today, somebody that just did a victory speech. Anybody can play today. I don't care. Anyone can play today. Seven one, three, two.
Speaker 4: Two, five, nine four five The rod Ryan Show on.
Speaker 3: The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz, Good morning, rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: We're cold sign no rain to worry about today. That's good news. Sunny today, Hi forty seven. I got thirty one degrees freeze warning until nine, cold weather advisory until eleven. I was out there wrapping pipes and all that nonsense last night, very very cold, so but no precipitation. So that's the beauty of the roads. So I'm not even gonna tell you that you need to leave early. It's just it's gonna be a lot of extra traffic if you haven't driven during the holidays, a lot of extra people out on the roads today. I can see that it's fairly busy out there, all right. You know, Chili does go through the calls and takes caller ten and eleven. That's who plays fresh out of bed, head to head, Adam the cop call her one. He's like, oh, it was caller one today. Just all right, let's see who was ten? And eleven, and.
Speaker 10: Now each time for the fresh out of bed head to head Challenge.
Speaker 1: Listeners to your corners, Good morning, rod Ryan Show. Who's this? Hi, Blake? How are you? Thanks? Allan? How are you?
Speaker 11: Brother?
Speaker 8: Ron?
Speaker 1: Awesome? Good to have you back on the game. Chilli says, it's been a couple of years. Yeah, it's been a little while. Wow, dude, well wakey, wakey, hands off your little blaky welcome back block A. All right, let's see who you're playing. Who was called you were ten eleven? Was Oh Slow Fast Andrew? Good morning, what's going on? He's got that unique ability to be fast, but he's like slow, but he seems to get in before the other guy. That means the other guys are slower than him. Slow Fast Andrew, you were not in the tournament, but you did play last year, right, yes, sir, I believe it was around June. Okay, well, geez, good to have you guys back on. All you got to do is shout out your name when you think you know the answer. I got Monster GM tickets on the chopping block. All right, I know. So Slow Fast Andrew's got a whole army of people he can bring to this thing. It's a four pack with pit passes. February First Energy Stadium Ticketmaster has your tickets. Slow, Fast, Andrew and Blake. After a couple of years playing the game, good to have you back. All right, Tessa Testa said an email. I think Saturday. She said, oh, here's some questions.
Speaker 4: So if they're bad, then we can she does you get to defend herself?
Speaker 1: So is this kind of like a tribute to Testa? Like this is the last these are the last awful Testa questions in honor? I like that. Like Blake's calling, He's like, Oh, thank god, I'm going to call in. I'm gonna finally play no test the questions. You're getting tested questions. Here we go. Yeah, she left these behind, Blake Andrew, Alex, you're the only one that's listening. Please, I'm ready, buddy. All right, here we go. Question number one. You're shouting out your name when you think you know the answer. What bubbly beverage do people use for their New Year's Eve? Toast? And Slow Slow Andrew Blake got through first, Blake Champagne. Yeah, you know we also accept the chimpagne. Yeah, And I think most people are probably using prosecco. But okay, here we go. It's kind of the same thing. It's some more bubbles. Well, it's just like it's faux champagne. All right, here we go. Blake's on the board. Wow, after a couple of years, doesn't sound rusty at all. You forgot the fast part of your name, Andrew. You were just slow Andrew?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Question number two, where did the Astros play before?
Speaker 2: Blake?
Speaker 1: Don't fine? Oh Tessa? Okay, Tessa slow fast Andrew? Where did the Astros played before it got renamed to Dyke in park o mine made park. Yes, that's the correct answer. Oh my god, I know she's not up. She's a question, but she maybe is just like has a little smile on her face while she's sleeping. Now, somebody will send her that can hear cackling? Okay, sorry, Blake, got me on that one. That's why I told you I'm using Tessa questions here. All right, here we go for the win. What do dogs have litters of Andrew Andrew puppies?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 1: All right, Blake, you can thank Tessa for that.
Speaker 3: Speeding on the first game of the year was a good first game.
Speaker 1: Though, it was a good first game that wasn't Monday, Eve, Andrew, you want to play tomorrow of course? All right, you're bringing the family out to what now you're bringing the f I'm telling you, you're bringing the family out to monstro gam now.
Speaker 12: Okay, yes, sir, and today is the Armenian Christmas, so this is a great Armenian Christmas gid.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, yeah, it's Kingsday too. I'm planning on eating some kincake later today. So all right, brother, good to have you back. Hang out. We got to get a victory speech out of you.
Speaker 6: The rod Ryan Show Mornings on.
Speaker 1: The twenty four or five the bus bad omens with just pretend rod Ryan Show on this milk Monday still doing. Yeah we are, buddy, are we? Okay? I haven't met it, haven't even had a chance to take a look at you. I know that we've got a Looking at Girls blog page. We're back with all of that stuff you probably said, Oh well, I forgot I gotta go check out links and guests at the buzz dot com. Yeah, and go check out the world famous rob Ryan Show page at the buzz dot com. Food blog page Today, Crazy Criminal blog page Today, Looking at Girls Milk Monday sports blog page. Busy, busy, busy freeze warning today guys, it's only thirty one outside right now, Burt the fresh out of bed head to Head Challenge. Here's your current champion.
Speaker 12: Good morning, everybody, slow fast Andrew, your first winner of twenty twenty five, making me your fresh out of bed head to.
Speaker 1: Head one day champion.
Speaker 12: Did not make it in the hall in twenty twenty four, so I might as well go on a four day We're okay, join me.
Speaker 2: On Tuesday as I make it win number two bitches.
Speaker 1: All right, pretty good game for the first first game of the year. Already, dude, kill the test of questions I have to me.
Speaker 2: Come on, there's one.
Speaker 1: Good one in there, a couple more on there. I could use them, all right. I did task everybody before the end of the year. I said, okay, I need questions, and I sent out I think I wrote about thirty of them, and I said, I want twenty five to thirty questions from everybody. Radio Wizard did his homework. I've not received an email from you.
Speaker 2: I have it.
Speaker 4: It's on my can hear at home, but I can send it over today.
Speaker 1: And what's the twin? What's your what's your boy? Did he write questions over the brand though translated all right, it's the fuck that to the day. Come on, we make you look smart in front of everybody's it's the fuck that to the day. What oh, good luck on that flashback today. But here's some brand new ones for you. Is Neil deGrasse Tyson scientist. Yeah right, he's one of the most famous astrophysicists in the world. Turns out he's a pretty good d answer. He won a gold medal at a dance meet in nineteen eighty five doing the Latin ballroom for the University of Texas dance team. Very fun fact, Phyllis was super into him. When Phyllis was with us, Yeah, she was obsessed with him. She was speaks science head. Yeah. Nineteen of the twenty most common surnames in Mexico end in either an S or a Z. That is. The only real outlier is Garcia obviously ends in an A, which is the second most popular name. Everything else ends in an Escerius Zalz. Yeah for sure.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 4: Finally, Ramirez is Ramirez.
Speaker 1: Shout out to the Ramirez family. Are Mendez cheerios? You know they make those in buffalo. Oh did that? Yeah? I went to this bar. I believe you gave us. Yeah, yeah, I went to there's this bar. It's right there by General Mill, and you can you roll down your window and you can smell the cheerios like you can smell the cheerios. Cheerios were called Cheery Oats when they debuted in nineteen forty one. The name was changed in nineteen forty five. I like the rebrand way better. Yeah, the oat and cheery o's, they're o's. They look like o's. It's the fuck that to the day. We make you look smart. I'm funny everybody's it's the fun back to the day.
Speaker 4: Oh cheerioh oh cheery Oh.
Speaker 1: I just realized I was supposed to give away Monster Jam tickets here, and I was supposed to give away a T shirt for Fresh out of Bad Head to Head. It's all right. Oops, Wow, day one, I already made my first mistake. That's not good. You got your one out of the way for the air. I'm still gonna do the Monster Jam tickets here. We got more. I'm still gonna do slow fast Andrew, you lucked out. You lucked out big time. So I'm still going to do a four pack of Monster Jam tickets with pit passes February First Energy Stadium. I'll talk to the Monster Gen people. They'll hook us up with an extra pair. Now fun fact flashback? Are you kidding me? Friday, December twentieth I told you the first ever text message was sent on December third, nineteen ninety two. What did that first ever text message say? Remember? I told you that on Friday December twentieth seven one three two one two five nine four five. Now time for rockout with your stuck out than cash?
Speaker 11: Do do?
Speaker 1: I guess how you want to come say us today? I guess hell. I didn't get the memo that we're in studio today. Hey, how brother? Good morning bro? I said, we're back on the sex Come on, what the hell? The band is back together? Dude, we're missing our we're missing our tambourine player. Your happy now? You have New Year to you too? Happy New Year, my friend? How do you do on Wall Street? When we when are we looking at Friday?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 12: Yeah, Friday, It's a good day on Friday. Way to start the show off here too? That I was up three hundred and thirty nine points kicking off this morning at forty two thousand, seven hundred and thirty two nas back up three hundred and forty to nineteen thousand and six twenty one benchmartin your treasury trading at a four point five to nine percent in oil trades at seventy four dollars thirty six cents in burrow to the most actives, the big studs, Amazon and Ames, the big DUTs, Boeing, Proctor and Campbell, and Nike. On the economic calendar. This morning, we'll get numbers on factory orders for November right now. Futures looking pretty good. They're on the upside. Hang on to this will be a positive opening right here on Wall Street.
Speaker 1: That's it. I'm out here. This is Howland the inst Director with Ramon James, Reportyfi.
Speaker 12: Righte Ryan Show, Raymond James on Stamfleet and Augusta and don't get to always rock out with your stockout.
Speaker 13: Beman's expressed are those of all Land and not necessarily those of Raymond James Associates. Income Ever, NYT, AS, IBC, IARN Radio or at sponsors Informations. Source is believed to be reliable, but it's not guaranteed. There's no insurance transmisson. We'll continue if this is not a solicitation, offer or recommendation to buy or sell any security referred to your end. This program is are educational and informational purposes on the Studs of Duds are based on movement, as reported by Young Finance.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five. The Buzz Welcome back Rod Ryan Show. Yep, it's your all right. Here we go about up.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: I'm telling you, I'll be very impressed somebody gets this fun fact flashback Gus Gus the party bus. Good morning, Hello, Hello, Gus. Are you are you there? Yes, sir, I am Hi Gus. You're doing this morning great? Happy new year to you. The flashback going back to December twentieth, our last show of the year. The first ever text message was sent on December third, nineteen ninety two. What did it say? Well, I'm gonna take a stab at it, but I think it was Merry Christmas. You're right, dude, you are right. Congratulations, all right, thank you, sir.
Speaker 2: All right, I'm doubling down here.
Speaker 1: I'm getting crazy. I'm giving you Monster GM tickets a four pack would pit pass this February First Energy Stadium. We'll see you will be down there in the pits. Okay, all right, I can't wait, brother, Keaty awesome, all right, Gus, thank you so much. I'm going to send you over to the Chile. I know Alex is holding down the headlines and the sports. He's going to talk about this freeze warning that's happening right now. It's thirty one outside. I'll let you take it away, Alex. For a Houston's headline.
Speaker 5: Well, we do have some cold weather advisories all throughout the Houston area of to day, Uricott issued.
Speaker 4: A weather alert or weather watch. It's gonna last until Friday.
Speaker 5: There's a freeze warning until nine this morning, then just a regular cold weather advisory the rest of the day. Uricott did say that grid conditions are expected to remain normal throughout the weather watch. Hopefully we don't have any blackouts or anything like we've had in the past.
Speaker 1: And some other news.
Speaker 5: Congress is set to certify Donald Trump's election win today, which should solidify his victory ahead of the January twentieth inauguration. Today's activities are expected to be quote largely uneventful.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, that's good. You need to say that, right some other weather stuff. The weather Service ACI weather made some headlines over the weekend. They had a radar image that they posted about a winter storm kind of up above us, and it looked a little wee little fallen or ween or basically somebody knew what they were doing when they created that graphic worked. We're talking about it. I mean, I didn't know about ACU weather until this. It's basically just a big dog going from Virginia to Kansas. Pretty funny stuff. I saw it over the weekend too, But see, weather's some sometimes it's fun. It's uh, it's kind of a sight thing that we're talking about. You do need to see it. Chili is work? Is Chili here? Oh, he's here. Today's working very hard on a second?
Speaker 5: Is he here?
Speaker 1: I can see him right there, Chili, are you here? It looks like him. Who's he talking to? I was probably taking the fun fact flashback. Well, that's you're working very hard right there. He's talking to Gus the party bus. So yeah, Chilei's working on links and guests. He has not said anything to me about the thing not working. So everything is up. If you want to go see this what we're calling now the weather Wiener. It is on the world famous rod Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com. How about we switched to entertainment.
Speaker 5: We talked about this a little bit in trending, But sixty two year old Demi Moore took home the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy for her work in the movie The Substance. What's crazy about that is that it was her first ever award for acting in anything ever, and she she talked about that during her speech. She said that a producer over thirty years ago called her a popcorn actress, which basically meant that she could be successful in movies, she could have a good career, but she's never going to be recognized for it. And she said that that put her and just it was corroding her away, and that she was ready to retire before she got the script for The Substance and then it felt like the universe told her, you're not ready to retire yet, this is the one and look at her. She got recognized for it. So that pretty pretty amazing story for Demi Moore.
Speaker 1: Did he have it more? The other thing is that job hosting is the most scrutinized thing. You know, I mean all of the award shows. I mean, this is the start of award season. That's why Chili's not talking to me because so this is his favorite season, Award season, right Grammys. Nicki Blazer, I thought did it. From what I saw, I thought she did a great job. And then as I'm reading her reviews are really good. They love to just crush the person that hosts all these shows. And from what I saw, I thought she did a great job. She looked really comfortable up there. You know, I think she was already a big name, but she became a huge name after the Tom Brady roast. That really was like the most glow up every where she blew up. So I think she kind of leaned into that, Hey, I kind of I'm pretty good at roasting people. So she was calling people out in the in the audience, which you know, that's that's a bit that everyone does. But I thought she did it great. That's the whole ad.
Speaker 5: I feel like they were running for weeks where it was like, look, they don't know who I am, so I can say anything I want.
Speaker 1: And she kind of was able to get away with that, so listen, there's you know, all the winners and all that stuff. I don't have time to go through that nonsense.
Speaker 4: My wife wicked did not win enough.
Speaker 2: I just don't know.
Speaker 1: I don't know what the substance is. I don't know what the brutalist is. I don't know what Amelia Perez. I don't know what any of that is. So if you do or if you don't, you want to learn about it. That's why Chili put up a blog page for this wild Robot. I know that was mentioned last night that looked cool. Did the bear win anyway? No, but I saw I saw cousin was there. Okay, he didn't win, whatever his was. I think Sebastians Stan might have met him. Baby Reindeer did win something, so I was happy to see that. Well, and that was our Golden Globes recap right there, move on to Golden Globes. We don't know any of the things that are on there that are being awarded those globes they were gold with last night.
Speaker 5: It does look like the Cures working on another album. Robert Smith announced that the band's gonna be releasing something new before summer. He also said that it will feature a few tracks that were cut from their twenty nineteen Songs of a Lost World album. So if you're a Cure fan, you now that's something new to look forward to. That is Houston's headlines.
Speaker 1: Okay, sore alex is gonna turn his capron backwards. Hey it's me. What's up?
Speaker 5: What's going on in sports? Well, Texans got to win yesterday. They beat the Titans twenty three to fourteen. Starters did play, but we arrested after a couple of solid drives to start the game. Running back Damian Pierce had one hundred and seventy six yards and a touchdown. He had a ninety two yard touchdown run to add to that total. Really, so that was most of it. Texans are the fourth seed in the AFC playoffs. They're gonna face the Chargers on Saturday afternoon in the Wildcard Round.
Speaker 4: Kickoff for that game will be at three thirty.
Speaker 5: I feel like every time the Texans play in that Wildcard round, it is the first game on Saturday that's the Texans spot.
Speaker 1: Is it because lack of respect they don't put them in a primetime slot?
Speaker 4: I don't know he things like it, but I guess like Houston it's the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Was not a lack of respect. So we would always talk about that with the Astros too. The Astros would always get an early game and not the prime time.
Speaker 5: A day game where people are at work. This is a Saturday, so most people aren't work. I don't feel like it's as much of us slight as like Astros fans felt, okay when it was. But they're underdogs going. They're underdogs hosting the Chargers. You got Harball making. I mean, he turned the Chargers around. That'll be an interesting matchup. It's gonna be a fun weekend. I'm excited for it. I can't I don't ever have to watch the Giants team that I watched this season ever. Again, I'm pretty stoked about that too. But in basketball, more good stuff. Rockets also got to win yesterday. They got by the Lakers one nineteen to one fifteen. Jayalen Green had a thirty three point night to lead all players and scoring. Rockets are now twenty three and twelve on the season. They're gonna play the Wizards in the road tomorrow night. That is what's going on in sports. Eli said, my boy won for the bear lead actor.
Speaker 1: Oh he did. Okay, yeah, Jeremy Alla way, it's gotta be okay. He's the one we should be getting the Bruce Springsteen movie this year. He's playing Bruce Springsteen and I think, like shallow may I think he's singing in it. Oh yeah, really yeah, that Bruce Springsteen movie set to come out this year. All right, let's go, guys. We made it through one hour. How about that the first of the new year for The rod Ryan Show, Texas Hammer Game. Next hour for Buzzfest tickets. We'll talk Buzzfest, we'll talk resolutions, we can talk more playoffs. We'll finally get to hear from Chile. It's all coming up.
Speaker 14: The rod Ryan Morning Show six the Buzz Old thirty one degrees out there right now, freeze warning till nine, cold weather advisory until ten.
Speaker 1: Will get all the way up to forty seven with sunny skies. Man who's cold got up? I'm like, all right, Voodoo, let's go my dog, let's go outside. She's like, no, she was not moving this morning. She wouldn't get wouldn't get up. Thank God. I've got a little activity at the house today. So normally I would have to drag her out there because then she's home by herself. The kid doesn't have school today, kids aren't in school, so the traffic isn't quite as bad. I do want to give a shout out to Christina Cruz. She's a pro. The fact that we have her holding down traffic. I mean, Alex is doing double duty, triple duty over there. We couldn't throw traffic on top of them as well. Christina's been doing it forever. And the fact that we were able to get her locked in. She's an absolute goddess when it comes to traffic. I mean, she's been doing this for a long long time. So thank you Christina for helping us out. Obviously, we're down Tessa. So it's the boys. It's just me and the twins this morning, and it's gonna be that way moving forward. A lot of people are asking you, like he where are you at in the search, and I'd like to share everything with you guys. Friday, December twentieth was Tessa's last day. I've gotten four emails where's Tessa? You know, we talked about it for a set. True, we did talk about it for a week, but.
Speaker 5: I mean, if you got it was Christmas week, so maybe people were doing stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was her last day. I had known, we had known, the boys knew for months that Tessa had come to me and said, hey, listen, I'm gonna just kind of just focus on this TV thing. And you know, she gave her speech on the last day, and I didn't sang a song. She did sing a song. Didn't sing a song. That was the weirdest part of the show. That was a weird hour. It's fine, it's a weird year. She had come to me and she just said, listen, you know, I love the show, thanks for the opportunity and all that stuff. I'm just going to focus on TV. And I'm like, yeah, I kind of figured that, so I don't hire checks that were on TV. And then she talked me into hiring her. Anyways, it was a great five years. It was a great five year run. I have never gotten that chair wrong, Dinah, Teresa, those are the three that held it down. You know, Pam was in there for the first excuse me, Pam was in there for those of you that remember in two thousand and four. She was in there for the first I don't know, six months or so, and I didn't really hire her, and like assigned her. So I've hired three people to sit in that chair. I've never gotten it wrong. I won't get it wrong moving forward. I just don't have the person yet. That's why be worth the wait. So listening to you, I just do wizard. I'm like, dude, you sound great, So thank you. I appreciate that. I'm like, Alex is gonna do the headlines? Like Alex is it gonna be saying like stupid crap in between?
Speaker 4: Maybe I got to do a weather down story already, Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right out of the right, out of the gate, a winter a winter weather wiener on links and guests. So I'm like, okay, well there's Alex being Alex. So that's it. I mean, that's you know. I'm We're going to get somebody in. It just has to be the right person, and I don't want to rush it, and you just got to trust the process. I don't know.
Speaker 5: I've had failing calls before and people are kind of mean about that sometimes I don't like that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, what did we It's a hard job. Let me talk to Chili before I say something.
Speaker 2: Jolly, what's up?
Speaker 1: Are you? Okay?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What how are you? I'm good how's all these links, guests and all these things that I've sent you this morning.
Speaker 2: You know what, they're going up. They're going up.
Speaker 1: That's all the How do you think your twin brother's doing. I think he's doing great. He's doing a good job. Great too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's doing amazing.
Speaker 1: How are you feeling wild Card weekend? How are you feeling about this Texans team going in? Because man, they'd kind of been like fizzing out a little bit, and I thought this weekend, this weekend made me feel pretty good.
Speaker 2: And I'm excited.
Speaker 11: I'm happy because we have a better chance against the Chargers than we do with the Ravens.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: We would have had to play Pittsburgh.
Speaker 11: I would have liked to play Spittsburgh, you know, but you never know what Russell Wilson is going to show up.
Speaker 1: I don't think Russell Wilson. I don't think anybody has anything to worry about with Russell Wilson. But I really don't there.
Speaker 11: But the Texans played to the caliber of the talent of the team that we're playing.
Speaker 2: You know, we have a great like team.
Speaker 11: But it's just I don't know why they always play down or play up you know, so we'll see what happens. I'm excited. I mean it's good for the city. It brings I mean, look, we're spoiled over here. We last year we got lucky, we won, went to playoffs. Then this year we're going to the playoffs. We won the division, and we're still not happy because we were like, oh, we should have grown undefeated.
Speaker 6: You know.
Speaker 11: Yeah, so it's like, hey, look, let's give the guys a break. Let's cheer them on and just be excited that we're in the playoffs.
Speaker 1: Can I share something with you boys?
Speaker 2: What's up?
Speaker 4: No, it's listening, right, everybody's listening.
Speaker 1: Okay, because I because you know AFC, I bought plane tickets to New Orleans because I can get my money back or I can just you know, I push them because I'm gotta be going for Marty Graw and everything else. I bought a plane ticket. I bought plane tickets for Super Bowl Sunday.
Speaker 11: Oh man, But you have a house over there anyway, so it's not like you're spending a lot of money, right, But I wanted to secure the airfare.
Speaker 2: So don't say it. Don't put it out there.
Speaker 1: Whether it's the Texans or the bills.
Speaker 2: You're jinxing it.
Speaker 1: I will go. I will go. So look, I've got a couple of AFC teams that I'm heavily invested in that could go to the super Bowl this year. I thought it would be a good idea to maybe just get some plane tickets out of the way. Do I have a hookup on tickets for the game? No, not at all. I don't have any of that. I promise you there is no hookup.
Speaker 2: Hey, I think we know somebody that works with the stadium.
Speaker 1: Well listen, I'm just saying that if those if one of those two teams goes and represents the AFC, I have a plane ticket at like nine o'clock in the morning on Sunday because I got it because we got Monster Jam and I think we have some of the we have some other things on Saturday, so I can't even make a weekend of it. I will just go in for the game. But I got two teams and I'm putting all my chips on right now.
Speaker 2: Okay, So does that mean that that Monday we haven't office?
Speaker 1: Where's the I overnight? I thought we would maybe moved. Don't we have like a President's day or a MLK day. We can't move around a little bit.
Speaker 2: So okay, So I like where this is going.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it's it's it's steering towards We might be off the day after the super Bowl, but the Texans with the Bills have to go, right Yeah, so all right, as long as the Eagles done.
Speaker 2: If the Bills go, might as well take the whole week off. I know you're not gonna come back.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll probably need it because my back will be out because I promised i'd go through a.
Speaker 11: Table, But you have to do it here on air though, with table has to be on air, I said.
Speaker 1: And it didn't have to be a victory, it just had They had to go to the super Bowl for me to go through a table.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know. There's some guy that I promised years ago. He is holding it to He is holding me to them.
Speaker 5: Shout out of your bills, though they got they throw a game for the Giants, yestas the Giants get to move up a draft spot.
Speaker 1: Yep. And with the Patriots winning, they went from first picking the draft to fourth. Oh my gosh, and the and the coach got fired anyways.
Speaker 4: Which sucks. But they lovey Smith him. They're like, what did you do?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he told you to lose. All right, Well listen right, Chili, good to have you back, Good to see you call maw to win the best game in Houston.
Speaker 2: Who watched it?
Speaker 1: Texas Hammer is back, guys. This is for Buzzfest tickets. If you want to play the Texas Hammer game, get in the queue right now. Seven one three two one two four five. You're gonna have to identify the name of the song and the band that the Texas Hammer is spitting. All right, you could win Buzzfest tickets coming up after the break call now.
Speaker 8: Houston's Rock, Houston's Alternative, and the Rod Ryan Morning Shows.
Speaker 1: All right, Welcome back everybody. Rod Ryan's show on this MILF Monday. That is our number one blog page on links and guests. But I got something that I just added because I know we're gonna get into trending right now. And I sent in something over to Chili because I saw that it was trending, and I said, bro, we got to get this up. So I'm gonna step in here on ya Alex already. I don't know this gal, but she's everywhere. Joy Taylor she's on Fox Sports one.
Speaker 5: And yeah, she used to be on a skip baylist, Shannon Sharp. She was like the third like the moderator, kind.
Speaker 1: Of Okay, she put out a bikini picture and everybody's losing their mind. There was some lawsuit that was filed.
Speaker 5: I think it was like a hairdresser of claiming sexual harassment. I don't know too much about it. But then I think that they were like, why is she posting these? If she was maybe named in the lawsuit, yes, could have been not her name in the lawsuit.
Speaker 1: All I'm concerned about is hern a bikini looks very good, and I put her on Looking at Girls blog page. Even though it's the number one trend that I'm seeing right now that it's just like it's everywhere. I cannot remove that Dallas cowboy cheerier getting right in the head. That's number one. I'm looking at girls. And then if you want to see what this Joy Taylor is all about again, this is I'm seeing it everywhere. So Chili's got that up on the on the Looking at Girls blog page. What else is trended?
Speaker 5: Well, everything, there's still golden globes from last night, something like rock related Trent Reznor won a Golden Globe for Best Original Score in the movie Challengers with Zindiya Zindaia Yep.
Speaker 1: I don't know if we're ever getting him back, like meaning nine inch Nails.
Speaker 12: Well he was.
Speaker 5: He's like alpha the hell out everybody too, because the other guy that won with him, he just did Yeah, he did the speech and krit just kind of sat in the back. It was just like, I win this all the time. And then they played a little bit of this the score. Obviously that's trit Resner. I never watched that movie, but like it was very nine inch nailsy I don't know that rocks like that plays.
Speaker 1: He's he's so successful right now. He's like the Danny Elfman of like, you know, movie scores. Right now, he's the go to guy. You're gonna win whatever it is, and he's up for it. Yeah. He started. I think his first win was for the Social network. Yes, he did the music for the Facebook movie and then that was it, and then he just started winning Academy Awards and now Golden Globes and everything else. It's bad news. I'm a huge ninety Nails fan. I don't know if we're getting him back.
Speaker 4: What else is trending, Well, lots of the nf E stuff going around.
Speaker 5: Texans beating the Titans twenty three fourteen, people were mad the Titans wearing the oiliest jerseys. I think you gotta play for panks and it's a situation like that, they gotta give up the jerseys.
Speaker 1: You lost, you got embarrassed. What are you doing there?
Speaker 5: I think what's really interesting is Mike Evans of the Tampa Bay Buccaneers former Texas A and Am Maggie.
Speaker 4: He had a thousand yards.
Speaker 5: They could have run the clock out, taken a knee, and they threw it to him on the last play to make sure that he got a thousand yards. It's the eleventh consecutive year that he has had a thousand yards. He ty Jerry Rice tip never been done besides Jerry Rice. Wow him and Jerry Rice. Like Mike Evans is one of the most underrated receivers in NFL history, But shout out to him. Eleven consecutive years, one thousand yards receiver. That's what's trending on not even find the buzz.
Speaker 1: This is DM Andler and it's time to play the Texas Hammer Games all new.
Speaker 2: With Ron ryan on n.
Speaker 1: All right, I've got Buzzfest tickets for you today. I was, I don't know, this show's not scripted, but what I do you write out is like where I'm giving the stuff away and it says seven twenty four after trending, I wrote Buzzfest tickets, and I don't know how it slipped my mind, but holy craps, we're doing Buzzfest this year. Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion, Chevelle, Marilyn Manson, That son of a bitch better be doing interviews. Blue October Pod Evans, Blue Sleep Theory tickets are on sale now at ticketmaster dot com.
Speaker 5: Is at the bar watching football yesterday and one of the dudes he's like, dude, y'all got Manson for Buzzfest.
Speaker 1: He is stoked.
Speaker 7: Yeah, because he's so famous. Yeah, he's so famous. And I'm telling this great right now, guys back all right for Buzzfest tickets. Texas Hammer Game. Good morning is this Lacey?
Speaker 1: Yes, it is my lazy morning. Good morning, Happy new year to you. I'm doing great. I'm doing great.
Speaker 6: I mean you guys.
Speaker 1: Hey, I forgot about my pole question dry January. Are you interested in any of that or no, oh no, fifty eight percent of our audience. Hell no, that's on the X this morning. Lacy, I'm gonna play you a clip of the Texas Hammer. You're gonna have to tell me the name of the band and the name of the song.
Speaker 6: Okay, all right, sounds good.
Speaker 1: All right, here we go. Good luck to you. You thought you married a man?
Speaker 2: You better think again.
Speaker 1: It's not much. That's not much. Name of the band, name of the song, Lacy, Oh my god, I.
Speaker 13: Got to let you down.
Speaker 6: I'm so sorry.
Speaker 1: We'll grab a drink. Kirk Kirk, good morning, good morning, good morning, Happy New Year. Welcome to the Texas Hammer game. Let's take a listen. You thought you married a man.
Speaker 2: You better think again.
Speaker 1: That's not a lot, man, such a short clip, Kirk. Name of the band, name of the song, audio slaves. Show me, how how did you get it?
Speaker 4: Yeah, bro, how did you get that? Show me how to guess?
Speaker 5: You know?
Speaker 1: I'm an idol fan, I'm an Audio Slate fan. I had no idea what that was. Congratulations, dude. You want to join us at Buzzfest? Oh for sure, Yeah, dude, You're gonna join us at Buzzfest. Saturday May twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion. That is so awesome.
Speaker 2: I have never seen Marilyn Manson.
Speaker 1: I think you've a couple of times, but never Marilyn Manson. I'm looking forward to I'm looking forward to it too, Kirk, Happy new year to you. Good to add you to our odio, to our Buzzfest party everyone else, Saturday May twenty fourth, Woodlands Pavilion. You can still buy your tickets through ticket Master locations. Oh and the best part of the Texas Hammer Game we get to play the song. Yeah, alright, it show me how to Live Audio Slave ninety four, Find the Buzz, show me how to Live ninety four or five of the Buzz. Are we getting new Soundgarden music this year?
Speaker 6: I think so.
Speaker 1: I think so Cornell recorded a bunch of stuff. It was held up in the courts because Vicky Cornell, the widow, didn't feel like the cut was enough and it was you know, listen, it's the music business. We talk about that all the time on this show. It's not the music for funzies. It's the music business. And there's money involved and where is this money going? And so there were things recorded. Are we getting that stuff this year. I think they have settled, so that's important. That's the most important component to talking about us getting new Soundguarden music this year. That would be huge. I mean that would be absolutely a huge story, at least for me. I would love to hear what they did at the end, because Chris's voice was still so rich, he still just hit all the notes. Well, good morning everybody. Hope you're off to a great start to you day on this Monday, Happy New Year. I can I think I can kind of squeeze that in a couple of times this week. Oh definitely, today is well okay, let me start by saying slow fast. Andrew, fresh out of bed, head to head, he told me Happy Armenian Christmas. I had no idea about that. I love that. Wish to play some says some of it down. I told him Happy Armenian Christmas. Today is Old Christmas, which is celebrated by the Amish and I think some Irish Catholics there might be some kind of Old Christmas thing. I don't know, but it's twelfth Night, so the twelve days of Christmas.
Speaker 4: I think all of that business and on this show is it begins.
Speaker 1: On Christmas something like that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, he always saw it light up to Christmas.
Speaker 1: That's right, that's right. A one is Christmas. So it's twelve days after Christmas, and that's how long it took the the Three Wise Men to show up to see the baby Jesus. Today's Three Kings Day, which, without getting into the whole religious sermon this morning murrh or frankinsense crap. Okay, I thought Chili had the Franken sense. Well he's got the gold of course kin cake today. Ooh, we bought it, so I got the kid. So we got home, had to go pick up some groceries and saw that Kroger had king cakes out. It's not a Kroger kin cake. It's a Gambino's kincake, which is from New Orleans. Not a very large one. Twenty seven dollars okay, pretty expensive for a king cake. There's not a whole lot of ingredients, there's not a whole lot involved in the kincake, okay, But Gambino's is a pretty good one, Okay. Is it my favorite? I don't know. People will argue Randazzos sous cre Randazzo's is the one you bring sometimes. Randazzo's is the one that I would usually order. The thing about ordering kin cakes from New Orleans. Now, if you don't order them now and book it, you can't get them. Yeah, you can't. I'll tell you right now. Insider tip to New Orleans if you're looking for a kid because Chili, I want to ask you about your dry ass king cakes that you'll bring in with those dried fruit on the top fruitcake. I'll tell you right now. The best king the best king Cake I ever had in New Orleans. Dong Fong. You think I'm making a joke. You think I'm making a joke right now, Dong Fong is by far the best king Cake I've ever had. They sell shirts Dong Fong. I'd like to buy one. I would buy a shirt too. But three Kings Day today is the Epiphany. So Roman Catholics today, the twelve days of Christmas, they show up baby Jesus. But today's the day that you can eat king cake. We bought it on Saturday, had to look at it all day. On Sunday, my kid's like, come on, let's go, I go. We can't till today. So we've been sitting on it. We've been sitting on it the whole time. Jilly, Yo, that dry ass king cake?
Speaker 2: But Laroska, can you put.
Speaker 1: A little filling in there? Nothing?
Speaker 2: Well, you just gotta be dry.
Speaker 15: Well you're supposed to dip it in coffee, of course. Okay, you're supposed to get away. Okay, it's it's dry, bro all right. But it's called a kin cake, right.
Speaker 2: Uh no, something like that. I think they call it roscott, just like roscott, that's what they call it.
Speaker 1: All right? Are you bringing one of those in now?
Speaker 2: Because you don't like them?
Speaker 1: I don't like them? All right? How can the city? I will get on it. I should have. I should have actually before I told before I gave you the pro tip on don Fong, I should have ordered mine.
Speaker 2: But I don't know you.
Speaker 1: I don't even know. If they shift like now, everybody ships out kink.
Speaker 2: Cakes, you'll be dongelass.
Speaker 1: Don Okay, all right, well everybody enjoy your kincakes today.
Speaker 8: Rod Ryan Show, alright, an Empire upon an Empire.
Speaker 1: Ninety four five bus, Good morning, Ron Ryan Show with Eve six. I hope you're all to a great start to your day, Happy New Year, Welcome back. This is us, what is live and this is just me and the Twins. That's it. I mean, the Twins.
Speaker 2: Boys holding it down.
Speaker 1: Chil's got all your links up on links and guests. We have a freeze warning. Today, we'll get to we will see highs of forty seven, but the freeze warning is till nine. Cold weather advisory until eleven. I left Buffalo with this weather and I came back to this weather. It's like, wait a minute, it's about thirty one degrees outside. It was a little colder. I did get some snow up in Buffalo when I was up there, but nope, Alix and I were just talking about this, dude. I had zero problems flying for the holidays. Yeah. In out, I went to Chicago. You know there's Skyla's like one of the busiest airports too. Yeah, there's no direct flights from here to Buffalo. Buffalo's not big enough, so you always got to have some sort of a layover. Normally I'll go to Baltimore, but I went to Chicago Baltimore on the way back. But in and out, I mean everything, it was easy, easily easy travel. Right after Christmas, I did did go right afterwards. It's January sixth, dry January. I didn't know that dry January was that big a deal. I feel like the.
Speaker 5: Last three or four years really it's like come along, like pretty strong.
Speaker 1: Well I was hearing, you know, because I'm working with carback again this year, and Doug's a big guy over there at Carbock. He's like, yeah, this dry January is turning into be a big, big thing for people. So that's my pole question this morning, man, happy dry January. Are you trying to stay away from alcohol this month? Sixty two percent of our audience Hell no, hell no. So with our audience, twenty percent say yes. And there's about eighteen percent of you that don't drink already, so you're just you know, you're keeping it dry, but twenty percent of you are saying that, yeah, you are making attempt at dry January. Anyone here Dry January?
Speaker 6: No.
Speaker 5: I feel like I was very It was more of a wet beginning of the year and entire time we were off.
Speaker 1: So I'm going to just go back to my not drinking during the week okay, special occasion moist, and then on weekends I drink January. What about your twin brother here, he's doubt well he's not. I mean, he's got playoffs and football. Drinking doesn't count. There's no dry January for you.
Speaker 2: Nah, I mean, but I mean I haven't been drinking much lately.
Speaker 1: Okay, he invite me out for drinks.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 11: So it's like, I mean, if people want to stick to it, I have more power to them. You know, we support them and everything. I just go buy how I.
Speaker 1: Feel, you know, blue shoe January, Yeah, January, the whole year. All right, Well, hit us up on our pole. Question is on the X at Rod Ryan's show. Yeah, if you are doing this, I do, I really do. I support anybody that's doing anything.
Speaker 6: I do.
Speaker 1: You do sober October and then also do dry January. I don't know. I don't know if that's I mean. I know, I get the alliteration and how it sounds good, But dry January, I feel, is a real thing. Sober October I don't know.
Speaker 5: I think that's like that was like, don't drink right now because you're about to do it for the holidays, And now it's like you already drink for the holidays.
Speaker 1: I feel like you just gotta.
Speaker 11: I feel after that, I feel like the older I've gotten, the less I drink. Yeah, you know, it's not like when you're young, you want to party, you have a good time, and then the older you get it.
Speaker 2: Takes you to get over the hangovers.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say that the hangovers, the hangovers are worse and you don't want to ruin some people when you start to get older these drinking you know, you go out on a bender. Yeah, people are telling me it's two days.
Speaker 4: Chili does Fridays.
Speaker 1: It's like his big drink a day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I can recover by month.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's not feeling like a human until Monday when he goes out on one of his Friday benders.
Speaker 4: Houston's rocking alternatives.
Speaker 6: The Morning Show six to ten AM ninety four or five, Buzz.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five The Buzz, Shine Down, don't Die, Good Morning, rod Ryan Show. Got the freeze warning going on, Alex He's gonna talk about more of that. In Houston's head headlines, this is gonna get warm today though, I mean warmer, sorry, not warm, but we'll see highs of forty seven today with sunny skies now next hour. Because we're just coming up on a halfway point. I've got Deptnes tickets for you. I know, my man Chili's excited about that Mars Volta March sixteenth, Toyota Center. We'll get you tickets set around eight twenty. Pierce the Veil was one of those late announcements, meaning late in the year when we were wrapping up here was that last week we announced Pierce the Veil June twelfth, Woodlands. We're gonna have tickets for you early in the nine o'clock hours. So we still got a lot of ground to cover Today. I gotta pull a question up on the X it is at Rod Ryan's show. Oh I do want to talk about this next hour too. Some guy already sent me his application and he knows it's always been a tradition on this show. The first guy to approach me about the Mile of Meat, no questions asked, you get in. The guy sent me his application over Christmas break is like, dude, I want to try something different this year. I'm in. Please let me in the Mile of Meat. So we'll talk about that guy. And it looks like we have to do the Mile of Meat because we got one guy now that needs a date, so we'll work on that. Alex, good morning, Good morning Rod. What are Houston's headlines. Please. Well, we've got some.
Speaker 5: Cold weather advisories all throughout the Houston area today. Urcott issued a weather watch. It's gonna last until Friday. There's a freeze morning until nine this morning, and then just a regular cold weather advisory the remainder of the day. Arcot did say that grid conditions are expected to remain normal throughout the weather watch.
Speaker 4: So hopefully there's no blackouts that pid.
Speaker 1: God. If there's black outs, Sweetwater, you don't want to see me. If there's if there's a cut black outs, I'll punch you right in the nose. Yeah, I'll find you. I'll punch you. You know what, though, I got a generator. Now I'm gonna go to Rod's house. Then that's the weird thing about telling everybody you got a generator. It's like, okay, it's not a party at my house? Is okay?
Speaker 5: It is?
Speaker 11: Now for me?
Speaker 1: All right, we're gonna be fine. We're going to be fine. So what are you telling me? The freeze warning is until nine, then just.
Speaker 5: A regular cold weather advisory, so you know, bring in the plants, the old people, the pets.
Speaker 4: Make sure the old people. Old people need to be warm too.
Speaker 5: There's a lawsuit being filed against the City of New Orleans Police Department over the Bourbon Street terrorist attack on New Year's Day that killed fourteen people and injured dozens more. Personal injury firm announced that it will be filing the lawsuit, claiming the police department failed to implement basic safety precautions for citizens and visitors.
Speaker 1: Just a terrible thing that happened. And I mean, I know that's so close to home to you. Yeah, so many people reached out. There's like Ron, I hope you're not there for New Year, you know, New Year's and I wasn't. But thank you. I appreciate you all reaching out. Now we're seeing the Houston connection with him, the driver of the truck, he lived here. And you know, we're watching now, we're seeing videos of this guy planting bombs in the French Quarter. One of them is around the corner from my place. To Lose in. To Lose in Bourbon was one of the coolers of I guess had a bomb in it. I mean, this is I'm watching the same stuff that you guys are. It's really really scary.
Speaker 4: Is celebrating the New Year and then all this happens.
Speaker 2: Man, and then you know, I don't know.
Speaker 1: There's people are telling me that Tesla truck blowing up and like tie ins between. You know, these guys were at the same base. They rented the car from the same company you know that does the Airbnb for rental cars. I don't know, I know what you guys know, but I appreciate everybody reaching out. It's a horrible story. It's not the way you want to start the New Years. And then you know, I had friends in town for the Sugar Bowl. Sugar Bowl they delayed it. They delayed, Yeah, and that's a that's a huge thing to move. It was the right thing to do to make sure that you had all the safety precautions. But that's no easy task just to say, hey, let's play tomorrow. It's a massive event. Yeah, they were saying that.
Speaker 5: Like the teams that played, they were just like, all right, well they couldn't go anywhere, like they just they were like, you're not leaving the hotels.
Speaker 1: I'm not doing this as a complete lockdown. Pretty much all around, it's gonna be a different look when the super Bowl is there next month.
Speaker 4: I definitely feel like they're going to have a lot of stepped up security.
Speaker 1: Yeah they will. So today is in a better note I guess no, no, no'slight definitely better than the previous story. But happy divorce day everybody, I mean you, No, I finally finally found some common ground between me and Tom Brady. That's the only thing we have in common. Just like Tommy. Just like Tommy.
Speaker 5: It's Today's the number one day of the year for breakups and couples to filed for divorce. During to studies, people tend to put off the breakups until holidays are over, but today is the day that most people cut the cord on those relationships. January is also the top month of the year for breakups in general. I mean really, it makes sense. Yeah, just like I said, you got to get past the holidays and now you got January or you have February coming up. You don't want to get stuck with these people if you already roll over them. You got Valentine's Day, Yeah, yeah, get out of the other thing.
Speaker 1: Mile of meat.
Speaker 4: You gotta be single for that. It kind of goes hand in hand with this.
Speaker 1: They say, yesterday was the biggest day for dating websites.
Speaker 4: Okay, you fire those bad boys up for you.
Speaker 1: You break the news. For some reason, Sunday is the biggest sign up day of the year for dating websites. Watching football, you just sign up for the day halftime makes sense. I see it out there, your shirtless picture, guys in the bathroom.
Speaker 5: Your fish picks. And some very sad entertainment news. Shifting Gears. Actress Aubrey Plaza's husband, Jeff Baina, took his own life on Friday.
Speaker 1: He was just forty seven years old.
Speaker 5: Bena had directed several of the Plaza's movies, including Life After Beth, The Little Hours, and Spin Me Around. The Plaza and Bena actually got married during the twenty twenty pandemic on an online website, so they were virtually married.
Speaker 1: It's really sad. Yeah, it was.
Speaker 4: It was bad, like awful news to see on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Were they mentioning that at the Golden g Globes a.
Speaker 5: Couple of people that one stuff just say hey, my thoughts and prayers there with Aubrey and Jeff's family, just kind of quick little things like that.
Speaker 1: But yeah, terrible news.
Speaker 5: And other music news, Jane Addiction announced that they are recording new music without singer Perry Ferrell. The band posted an on Instagram the other three members laying down tracks for new music, and it looks like the fans according to the comments, we're pretty happy with it. Band canceled their remaining two days last year. As we all remember, when Farrell got into an altercation with Dave Navarro on stage during a show. It was actually nominated for Fight of the Year at the Gravies Awards, did not win.
Speaker 1: It really did not win it. Perry Ferrell has such a unique voice. Who are you gonna put in there? Are you gonna put somebody in the ai Perry Ferrell? I don't know.
Speaker 4: You can't can't tour with that, Barry Peril, I don't know.
Speaker 1: They're one of my favorite bands. Do they continue on without them?
Speaker 6: And I like it?
Speaker 1: I don't know.
Speaker 5: I feel like they're going to listen man. I like Jay's addiction. Anyway, they'll change it up and it'll be fine. Lincoln Park. If we can get past this with Lincoln Park, I feel like you can do with anybody.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, you have to put a chick in there too.
Speaker 4: Maybe get Jane, get a Golden Jane Daddy.
Speaker 5: That's Houston's headlines, not Alex Sports, Yes, Alex with Sports Texan's gotta win yesterday, they'd be t twenty three to fourteen. Starters did play, but we rested after a couple of solid drives to start the game. Running back Damian Pierce had one hundred and seventy six yards and a touchdown to lead the offense. Derek Barnett had a big boy touchdown, scooping a fumble up and running it all the way to the ends on That was my favorite play of the game. Takes into the fourth seed in the AFC Playoffs. They're gonna take on the Chargers Saturday afternoon in the wild Card round. That'll kick off at three thirty here in each town. And basketball, the Rockets also got a dub yesterday. They got by the Lakers one nineteen to one fifteen. Jalen Green had thirty three points in the night to lead all players and scoring. Rockets are now twenty three to twelve on the season. They're gonna take on the Wizards tomorrow night. That is what's going on in sports, rock and alternative Fair hust The Rod Ryan.
Speaker 6: Morning Show six to ten AM, The Buzz or.
Speaker 2: Five the Bus.
Speaker 3: Halfway part of the show, Pigree eleven down all right, guys, well, thank you for joining us this morning.
Speaker 1: It is a back to live shows, which is great.
Speaker 3: It's good to be back.
Speaker 6: Uh.
Speaker 1: I didn't sleep well last night. I woke up very early this week. I I don't know if I got four hours. I don't know. I just I just went and it was weird. Now, I don't want you to do this is the wrong thing. I knew that you were gonna come in and nail it. I knew that you were gonna stick the landing. I wasn't worried about that at all. It's just it's different. Oh yeah, it even if Tessa was here, and she's not. Everybody knows that, even if she was here anytime that we're off for a little bit and we come back, especially after the New year, after there were blowouts and everything else. I don't know that my key card's gonna work in the morning. I got I got everything, We got nothing to worry about. But I still worry tossing and turn an all damn night. I don't know. But I'm not tired because I'm like, I'm I get so much adrenaline going this morning. Yeah, I'm not tired. I know I'm gonna crash at ten o'clock.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it's probably happening.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's gonna be like some kind of like oh geez, yeah, I didn't sleep last night. I feel great right now. I just couldn't sleep. Just it's a nervous energy. It means I still want to perform. I want it to be good. I don't want to mail anything in. I know that we're going to be fine. There's three of us here, and I talked about this a little bit in the previous hour. Everyone knows that the last show of the year, of Friday, December twentieth, was Tessa's last day. There was no gotcha's We knew months beforehand. We didn't tell you, guys, but she, you know her swan saw all week. We were talking about that she was gonna, you know, her Friday was going to be her last day. So I imagine she's probably still sleeping. So that's good for her. Oh good for you sleeping in And people are asking, well, where you at with the co host search, what's going on? It's still pretty much wide open. Just want to get it right. I just want to get it right, and I know that my guys can get us through this time, you know, And not just get us through, but I think we can do great things. We're gonna get a co host in here. We just got to get the right one and I don't want to rush it. And I've never gotten that one wrong. That's the one. That's the one seat on this show that I've gotten right every single time, and I'll get it right again. We'll get it right again. Okay, these guys will have a say. It's like it affects all of our lives. It affects all our lives. It's weird. This job is weird. We get under each other's skin, we talk about things. It's really like a family. I know every job says that. Yep, this one really is the interpersonal things that we peel back layers and sometimes picking at scabs. Sorry, if you're eating breakfast, it's I'm telling you. It's what it's like. And it's like sometimes you just had enough of somebody and it's just it's I imagine there's an element of that with all places of work. I do think it's a little more with this because there's four.
Speaker 4: People instead of it's not like a full team of like calve employees.
Speaker 1: Or more than that. But you're not your head's not down in a cubicle working next door to somebody debt with us.
Speaker 5: Everything you do effects Chili and me. Everything I do effects you and Chili.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and vice versa. So that's where we're at. I got a nice email here from Michelle. Good morning, brother Rod, welcome back. My day is complete now. I had a rough two weeks without you, guys. The best of was okay, but nothing like the live shows. Wishing you three guys the best in this upcoming year. May it bring you prosperity, love, kindness, and most of all, may it bring you peace. Happy New year. Oh, by the way, your pole question, I don't drink. Thanks for all you, all three of you, what you do. Keep on keeping on you, guys, Rocks you mentioned the pole question. Happy dry January. Everybody, you're trying to stay away from alcohol this month. Nobody on the show is trying to stay away from alcohol. As a matter of fact, most of you are not trying to stay away from alcohol. Sixty two almost sixty three percent of you said hell no, twenty percent of you yes, which means you're I wanted to make sure that we had a difference between people that are doing dry January, and then there's people that just don't drink. You're staying dry, and that is about sixteen percent of our audience that already don't drink. So twenty percent of you are going in on the one out of five of you are going in on this dry January thing, which is good. I support you on that. I said I was gonna do the push up thing. I knocked out twenty five this morning. You know, I really land on that. I really wanted to start on January one, and I did. And I did my one hundred push ups on January first. January second, I did seventy five. January third, I did fifty. I've done them every day. Yesterday I did my hundred. I just I need that routine of coming into work. Yeah, I need that part of my routine because there's just at home. I'm just I don't know. I'm a wild card. I'm a wild card. I don't have any structure. That's true. Yeah, Like, is it lunchtime? It's clock following here, It's like ten thirty. Anybody want a turkey sandwich? I don't know what I'm doing, that's true. It's like I just had eggs an hour earlier, and I'm already thinking about a turkey sandwich. I don't know what I'm doing. I need to be here. I need structure in my life. So I have given it my all. I'm not I'm not not doing it because I didn't do one hundred every day so far. I've done push ups every day. That's good. I'm gonna get back on the one hundred thing. I'm going to do the one hundred. I'm gonna get my hundred in today. I'm gonna do my hundred every day. Will your New Year's resolution? Yeah, the hundred push up Teah, and I can already feel it. My teddies are tight. Yeah, they hurt. They hurt. My boobs, my man, my moves are sore. They won't be long. We did this before, we with Dinah. We did it pretty far into the year and then we just I know, we went three months. I know we went three months, and which is better because it's like februarys when most people quit. Yeah, and it was one of the best things that we did. I I saw a difference. I didn't notice any difference. I noticed the difference. One hundred physical, one hundred push ups a day for that three months. After a month, I noticed a difference. I can see it on my shoulders. I've been in great shape for a while. Rode there you go. All right, Well, I would like to get into some resolutions. This hour, we'll talk a little bit about that. We'll get you some Deftones tickets. Playing with the Mars Volta March sixteenth. On the flip of this brake, we'll start getting into that. Alice is gonna tell us what's trending. I mean, guys, we're only at the halfway point.
Speaker 2: Let's go rock and alternative.
Speaker 6: The rod Ryan Marning Show six to ten AM.
Speaker 1: The Buzz ninety four five The Buzz. Yes, welcome back. Good to have Shell Federal Credit Union back on with us as well. Hope you're off to a great start to your day. Happy New Year. This is us, Me and the Twins. We're onlve freeze warning today. Sunny skies are coming. High of forty seven is coming still in the low thirties out there. The freeze warning is on until nine, cold weather advisory till eleven. But it's gonna get back cold again tonight again, down to like thirty one. Yes, I've got Deftones tickets coming up for you in just a little bit. I've got Alex over there and he's gonna tell us what's trending right now.
Speaker 5: Well, trending right now is still everything Nicky Glazer in the Golden Globes from last night, keeping talking about Nicky Glazer doing a great job like this is, I would say, overall pretty positive reviews.
Speaker 1: From everything I'm saying, I haven't seen one bad review on her hosting, and that's just it's a thankless job and everyone loves to like you roastly do bad usually, Yeah, everyone loves to roast the person that's doing the hosting of these different award shows. And she did a great job. I still think the best fun fact from the Golden Gloves is to me Moore, who looked amazing, Yeah, has never won an award for her acting.
Speaker 5: Right, and told her she was a popcorn actress, which is like, you're gonna be successful, just never recognized for it, And just like the meanest thing to kind of say to somebody, I don't I never.
Speaker 1: Thought she was an Academy Award winner, But you didn't pick up some sort of a SAG Award or some kind of a you know, best in show nothing. She's never won an award for her acting, so she won last night, so that was a big deal. Chili. Listen, we don't really cover a lot of this stuff, but Chile has a full blog page off of all the winners if that's something you want to go check out.
Speaker 5: But also, training is Black Monday in the NFL. The coaches GM's getting fired.
Speaker 1: Really.
Speaker 5: Gerard Mayer from the Patriots got fired yesterday after the game, so that was an early Black Monday. They won the game, won the game.
Speaker 4: But you're not supposed to do that if you won the number one over up pick.
Speaker 1: They went from the first pick in the draft because of his win yesterday over the Bills. Bills were playing, you know, second string guys. They went from first pick in the draft to fourth, and the Giants moved up the third. And there's three really market, big marquee players that are gonna go one, two, and three. Now they have fourth pick. They don't get the Heisman Trophy winner, they don't get Clanders kids. Yeah, they won the game. Why yeah?
Speaker 5: With Doug Peterson of the Jags as the other guy that got fired today, the Giants they were talking about firing their GM and coach. It looks like they're keeping them for a year. But I will keep you guys posted anyby else gets fired. So keeping everybody into keeping everybody running it back in a quarterback running back, it's fine, every fine, It's always gonna be fine, all right. What else is trying to milf Monday? Obviously number one blog page we got to going today. Send him from Jimmy's Polish gal. I want to pronounce your name, but I don't want to say it wrong. Yeah, I can't even see you. We're gonna go with that. That's her first name, but yest name.
Speaker 1: Jimmy's done a great thing by sending her to us today. Number one on my list. Oh was she number one? Twenty twenty five? Today's the first day they were for umberone. Crushing it, I'll say the looking at girls blog pages crushing it today too. So those are the big blog pages for us. That's what's trending. All right, Well, thank you, no problem. We have tickets to give away, Yeah we do, Deftones Mars Volta March sixteenth, Toyota Center. I'll take it easy on you. We already played the Texas Hammer Game last hour, so I'll just take call her number ten right now. We don't want to upset Chili. Call her number ten and seven three two, one, two five five, Tell my man Chili, Happy New Year.
Speaker 6: The Rod Ryan Show Mornings on ninety four five The Buzz, All.
Speaker 1: Right, here we go ninety four or five The Buzz, the Sturbs cover of the Sound of Silence, Good morning everybody, Rod Ryan's Show on this Milk Monday. That is our number one link. Shocker. I'm not shocked at all, Alex. Do you know this song? It said old? Well, I mean, Genesis has really old songs, but I think all Genesis is now old. This is an old Genesis song, Land of Confusion. Do you know it at all? I can't say I'm super familiar with it, but I feel like I have heard it.
Speaker 4: Okay, I know Genesis is.
Speaker 1: It was a It was a very very memorable video back in the day on MTV. This is weird, like he'sy odd looking puppets. The reason I bring this up because I just played a disturbed cover the Sound of Silence. I'm driving around, I'm listening to Buffalo and I'm listening to Canadian radio all week. When I'm back home at my mom's Canadio. I do remember the Genesis video looking at the picture of it. Well, I forgot Disturbed did a cover of this. I'm driving around and.
Speaker 2: This comes out.
Speaker 1: I'm like, oh crap, I forgot Disturbed did this cover back in the day. It's still radio. They're still playing it up there. They're still playing it up there. It was a Canadian rock station. You're right, it's not called Canadio. It's not. Nobody's ever find it best. They would never let you go. You're the reason Justin Trudeau is quitting good staring at me. Justin Trudeau is the Canadian Prime minister. He might be resigning today. It's something at the end of like Canadian. It's not Canadia either, it's Canada. The entire nation is Canadian. I don't want to even get into Canada's politics. But no, his term is not up. But I think he's just gonna say I'm out. It's wild, like Quittin in the middle. I think so, yeah, I like that movie. That's our move. It's kind of wild up there right now. I see, I see that's trending as well. All right, well, I forgot that. Disturbed. Also, they've done several covers, but Land of Confusion was a bit of a hit for them, giving away Deftones tickets. Good morning, Rob Ryan's.
Speaker 6: Show, Good morning, how are you.
Speaker 1: I'm doing great. What's your name, Alex? What's your last name? Trudeau? Wa?
Speaker 6: Yes, he's cousin.
Speaker 1: You are not related to Trudeau in Canada?
Speaker 6: My ex husband's fifth cousin.
Speaker 1: What did you hear that he might be resigning today? You thought?
Speaker 2: I'm not surprised, all right, just like anyone else.
Speaker 1: Not only do I not want to get it to American politics, I definite don't want to talk about Canadian politics on this show. You I cannot believe. I'm telling you couldn't have planned that out. Yeah, I could not have planned that out. Perfect. Hey, your caller number ten, Trudeau. I'm so exciting. All right, I'm gonna give you tickets to go see Deftnes Mars Volta March sixteenth at the Toyota Center.
Speaker 6: Excellent, Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Did you say your ex husband?
Speaker 6: Yes, I kept his name for my son.
Speaker 1: You married a Canadian? Oh he was born here? Oh he was born here? Okay, just ad Canadian roots?
Speaker 2: Hey, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 1: They're very nice people. They're all they're very docile. They're very great people, very friendly.
Speaker 2: My work partner is Canadians, so I gotta love them.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Alex, are you doing any of this dry January business that had wine last night? That's okay, that's all right. It's the new year. You can celebrate that way too. It's not much of an audience. It's about two twenty percent of our audience. Let's say they're going to do this dry January thing. So do you have any New Year's resolutions? Alex, go to more shows, go to mar show. I was gonna say no, more Canadians. There you go. All right, we'll go to more shows.
Speaker 6: So there we go.
Speaker 1: We're gonna drink. Oh yeah, all right, good irishman. All right, well listen, go to more shows. I'm glad that we can help with your new year's resolution. Have a great time at that deftone show. Okay, all right, thank you so much. So Martha, we'll tell you.
Speaker 2: I'm so excited, so excited for you.
Speaker 6: The rod Ryan Show on ninety five, the.
Speaker 1: Bus ninety four or five, the buzz we can park, the Emptiness machine, rod Ryan Show. It's it's just me and the boys here. Moving forward, hope you're off to a great start to your day. Thank you for coming back to us. I hope you have a great holiday. I hope you had a great new Year. I hope you're going to have a great new year. If you're doing the dry January thing, no one's no one is doing it with you on the show. But we all support you. Absolutely, absolutely, we support you. I said. The other thing that's going on today is, uh, you can start eating kincake today. The Three Wise Men showed up to the baby Jesus. Today's Today's the twelfth day of Christmas, so it's twelfth night, it's the Epiphany, it's the if they're looking at the baby Jesus, they're bringing in the Frankensers and the murr and the Avengers are there. Sure, and uh, kin cake, kin cake is tied into Catholicism and all of that. You can have kin cake today. Okay. So that's where Chavez is giving me a hard time. Leuis Chavez. I'm like, Chilie, what is that dry ass king cake you try pushing on me? Because I'm king cakes. I'm thinking of king cakes from you know, New Orleans, And I gave my recommend the delicious. Yeah, and then he comes at me with this dry ass thing, with these weird I guess they're fruits on the top. Some can't dry. Yeah, Louis Chaves, Okay, first of all, you're eating it all wrong, Rod. Yes, like my boy Chili said, you gotta dip it in abulita hot chocolate. It'll change your life. Okay, what dipped in hot chocolate is not better? Okay, that's a really good point. So, Chili, you did say that I I need to try it with coffee, and I need to dip it in coffee.
Speaker 2: Yeah, coffee or milk. It's actually your drink of choice.
Speaker 11: It is not.
Speaker 2: It's not a rule or a lots.
Speaker 1: Specific. Why don't you just incorporate a little moisteness into the cake itself and I don't have to dip it in something. You know, it's just.
Speaker 2: One or those you know what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: I got you, I got all right you you already have cornered the market on the moist cakes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got. You gotta put in a little work, man.
Speaker 1: I mean there's something a little in betweet. You got one that's super moist and then one that's like, you know, desert dry. Okay, all right, well all right, Louis says me wrong. I gotta dip it in, dip it in hot chocolate. All right, thank you, sho Chillie did put up a link today. We talked about the Breaking Bad House before and the people that own the house that they used for Waltz House. It's in Albuquerque, New Mexico. The people that have lived there have lived there for fifty years and they've had enough. You've talked about it before that people are out there taking pictures. They're throwing pizzas on the roof. If you've watched Breaking Bad, you'll understand the reference they have to. They're said they can't take it, the attention that the house is getting three hundred cars a day. Is the house that big deal?
Speaker 5: Is it?
Speaker 1: Like the Brady Bunch House when I was growing up. I know it's a super old reference, but maybe even Full House. That house was so recognizable because it was in the intro of the show, and I know that when I went to that Heights area in San Francisco, I wanted to go see the full House house. I wanted to go see it. It was a big deal for me. I've never seen the Brady Bunch House The Breaking Bad House. Is it that? Is it that important to the storyline? Was it used in the intro?
Speaker 5: I think a big part of it is like it's Albuquerque, New Mexico, and no offense to anybody from Albuquerque.
Speaker 1: But nothing else.
Speaker 5: Not a lot of like what do I gotta go see if I'm an Albuquerque The Breaking Bad House. Yeah, that's one of the things you can go see the lady that lives there. There's lots of videos of her getting very mad at people that were going there. I can understand that if I would throwing pizzas on your house, like that's that's like I get driving by it, throw on pizzas.
Speaker 1: That's too far. They say three hundred cars a day go by and people get not taking.
Speaker 5: Pictures like that's gotta be annoying when you're like, I'm just trying to have family over for Christmas, Like.
Speaker 1: What are you doing? Joanne is her name. She's the one that like yells at cars and stuff. I think they put up a fence and I've.
Speaker 5: Also seen yeah, there's signs and all stuff like that. But then I've also seen a video where she's talking to some streamer that.
Speaker 1: Went and visited her and she was very nice in that one about the Gooney's house last year was a Gooney's house for sale, I believe it was. And that's in a cul de sac and the people in the cul de sac. That creates a backup of people. So regardless the value of the house. And if you watch Breaking Bad, it's a modest house. Okay, three hundred and fifty thousand dollars, that's what the going rate is. That's like the if you had a real estate agent, they would run the comps. Yeah, okay, so that house would be priced at three fifty. They're asking four million due to the I guess cultural significance.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean you shoot for the stars, right. I've never sold the house. They tried to buy a couple and they always want the most. Now the house from Ralphie Christmas story. Uh, that's a museum.
Speaker 1: It's a museum. And she said that's what people have been asking for. They want a museum, even though it's not zoned for any kind of commercial property. Joanne is the current owner. She says, I hope they make it what the fans want. They want to be in airbnb. They want a museum. They want access to it. She's like, go for it, you want it, come get it. Four million dollars for a three hundred and fifty thousand dollars house. She's like, Okay, how bad do you want this thing?
Speaker 4: I mean, if you could get four million for that, oh you take it.
Speaker 1: Ip, Definitely take it. Definitely take the money and run if you want to see what the house looks like. I mean, most of you that watch the show, you know. But there's a.
Speaker 5: Company, like I bet some company buys it to do the airbnb thing. I can see that being but it's not like Houston.
Speaker 1: Houston doesn't even like zoning. You can do whatever you want wherever you want. I don't know that every place has that.
Speaker 5: So, but if a company owns it and can rent it out, there's probably not like an anti renting rule or whatever is there.
Speaker 1: I don't know. There can Albuquerque work. There can be airbnb restrictions. I know that for a fact. I just don't know if they would have that there. So all right, Well, good luck to her. That is on the world famous rod Ryan Show page at the buzz dot.
Speaker 2: Com, rockand Alternative US.
Speaker 6: The rod Ryan Morning Show six to ten AM The Buzz.
Speaker 1: Shuit hops Witt ninety four or five of the Buzz Good Morning Rob Ryan's show on our first show of the year, January sixth, so I could say happy New Year to everybody. Hope you're off to a great start to your year. Hope you're off to a great start to your day. Traffic has been pretty decent again. Shout out to Christina cruz Man. She's a pro. I've known her forever and thanks to her for stepping in and handling traffic. I mean, I can only put so much on Alex and Chile. So Christina having her pro in there doing the traffic for us. So she's right though school has not for most people. Schools starting up tomorrow. I got that freeze warning. I'll let Alex tell you about that because I know that's his headline story. So help me God. If Urkott acts up, I swear if Urkott acts a full or center point, don't be acting a full don't be don't let me come back there Alex with the headlines, we welcome morning everyone. It's good to be back.
Speaker 5: We've got some cold weather advisors all throughout the h Town area today. Urkott did issue a weather watch. It will last until Friday. There's a freeze warning until about nine this morning, so that's that's almost over them.
Speaker 4: Just a regular cold weather advisory for the remainder of the day.
Speaker 5: Arcot did say that the great conditions are expected to remain normal during the weather watch. Rods sent him a very angry email and they're like, dude, we're gonna We're on it, all right, We're on it.
Speaker 1: They know they don't want any of this smoke.
Speaker 4: I said, if you, if you act a full you're not gonna like it. You know what's coming though. I'll come back there. You know what's coming with the back of my hand.
Speaker 1: And some other news.
Speaker 5: Congress is set to certify Donald Trump's election win today, which should solidify as victory ahead of.
Speaker 1: The January twentieth inauguration.
Speaker 5: Today's activities are expected to be quote largely uneventful.
Speaker 1: Moving on, the.
Speaker 5: Weather service, ACU weather made some headlines over the weekend after a radar image they posted of a winter storm looked a little phallic to many people, a little it pretty much looked like a big dog going from Virginia, CA.
Speaker 1: I saw.
Speaker 5: Nurse d said that her son was hit by part of the dong in Kansas, Oh. I hope he made it through that which part? But I don't know Wichita. I think I think he was going right through Wichita.
Speaker 1: I was talking about which part of the dome, which the top part?
Speaker 4: That would be the Typically weather is fun sometimes guys right and.
Speaker 1: Some entertainment news.
Speaker 5: Sixty two year old Demmy Moore took home the Golden Globe Award for Best Actress in a Musical or Comedy for her work in the movie Substance Does.
Speaker 1: She looked the best the whole night. Nikki Glaizer looked pretty good. Nicky Glazer looked amazing. Sophiavergar looked pretty good. I didn't see her. She lost for Griselda. She didn't win whatever it was.
Speaker 4: I think Jodie Foster beat her out, but she was very excited for Jodie Foster.
Speaker 1: Okay. And then Bennie Blanco's girl Slein and Gomez. She was looking pretty good too. That Benny Blanco is a weird looking dude. He's a weird looking dude. I look like him.
Speaker 4: And my wife said that Benny Blanco is the ugliest man she's ever seen.
Speaker 1: And I was like, that's bad. Can I co sign what your wife said? What does he do?
Speaker 6: Or?
Speaker 1: Does he have a big Aci Weather dog?
Speaker 6: What?
Speaker 1: How did he get? How did he get? Selena Gomez makes hits? What does he do? Who does he?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Like every pop song ever was Bennie Blanco In the last decade, that's justin Bieber was blowing up with Benny Blanco as his producer.
Speaker 1: It's not a good looking man.
Speaker 5: He's funny. If you watch the show Dave with Little Dickie, he's like one of his main guys.
Speaker 1: In it, and he's funny.
Speaker 4: So he's charismatic, very funny, very funny. Guys follow him on social media, you'll understand.
Speaker 1: I'm sure the ladies love him. Goy. Maybe he's just got a hog. I don't know. I mean Gomez.
Speaker 5: But what was crazy about the Demi More thing about going back to that she did look great you last night. Her Golden Globe that she won was the first time she's ever won any award for acting, and she's been doing it for forty plus years. She said about thirty years ago, a director called her a popcorn actress and was like, you're gonna be successful, You're gonna make money, You're just never gonna be recognized for anything, which kind of seems like the meanest thing you could maybe say to anybody, besides just like you're awful and you don't have it. But she did say she was ready to retire before seeing the script for the Substance, and she felt like the universe told her then that she was not done.
Speaker 2: Yet.
Speaker 1: Clearly the universe was right, and she is now a Golden Globe Award winner. You can't say she's never won an award because I'm sure mister Skin has given her true plenty of awards. So the fact that they say that she's never won any awards for her acting, why are you bypassing mister Skin. That's true.
Speaker 5: I'm sure on his Skanatomy Awards, like, he's probably given her a couple of those. So hell yeah, let's not minimize mister Skin's awards, all right.
Speaker 1: I think she was in the top ten this year. Yeah, we talked to Skin, so she's won awards. In some music news, it looks like The Cure is working on another album. I know everybody was asking about this.
Speaker 5: Robert Smith announced that the band will be releasing something new before the summer.
Speaker 4: He also said that it'll feature.
Speaker 5: Some new tracks they were cut from their twenty nineteen Songs of a Lost World album. You read more about that on the music blog page today. That is since headlines now the sports Alex. What you got well, Alex. The Texans gotta win Yesterday they be the Titans twenty three to fourteen. The starters did play, but we rested after a couple of solid drives start the game. Running back Damian Pierce had one hundred and seventy six yards in a touchdown to leave the offense.
Speaker 1: Texans are the fourth seed in the AFC playoffs.
Speaker 5: They're gonna play the Chargers on Saturday afternoon in the wild Card round. That'll kick off at three point thirty here at Energ Stadiums. In some basketball news, Rockets also got a w yesterday. They got by the Lakers last night, one nineteen to one fifteen. Jalen Green had thirty two points to night to lead all players are scoring. Rockets are now twenty three and twelve on the season. They're gonna play the Wizards on the road tomorrow night. That is what's going on in sports, all right.
Speaker 1: We got one more hour of this. I got pierced the Veil tickets coming up for you closer to around nine ten Saint Vincent tickets on Know the Show. Alex on Wine is back for another big year. We got a huge, huge fourth hour Man Don't Go Anywhere Us.
Speaker 6: Rocky and All Tearn and very soon had Ryan Morning Show. I'm six to ten AM, ninety.
Speaker 1: Four to five the Buzz Red Hot Chili Peppers, and we are in the nine o'clock hour, our fourth and final hour together. Hope you're off to a great start to your day. Happy New Year. This is us, we are live. It's me the Twins. We got tickets coming up for you. I got pierced the Veil tickets June twelfth, Woodlands. I'm gonna give you those tickets coming up very very soon. So got some stuff for you on Know the Show and doubled down. Made my first mistake of the year. Damn it. I made it to like December last year before I made a mistake. Already out of the gate. I gave the fresh out of head head to head Monster Jam tickets and then I had them scheduled for the Fun Fact Flashback. So we got a lot of Monster Jam tickets to give away. So that was okay, I'm gonna screw up on something. That's the one to screw up on. So we're gonna have a lot of monster jams coming up. There's three of them, so we're gonna be talking about that a lot moving forward. Monster Jam tickets plus pit passes. We have an all new rod Ryan Show Monster Jam truck. The tickets were going to give away this week or for the February first Energy Stadium show. Tickets are available through ticket Master locations. Freeze warning, my man Alex has told you about that. Freeze warning should be off. Although it's still really cold out there. We're going to see sunny skies today, no rain, which is a great thing. High today I'm around forty seven. I think tonight again it's going to get down to like thirty one, depending on what area happen. So it's gonna be another cold one. So if you already took a little bit of time to wrap up the pipes, keep them wrapped. Just get them wrapped. I had to do all that stuff with like my sprinkler and all that stuff yesterday. I should have done that earlier. It's all right. This came up. I saw people talking about it online. And it's never really been a factor. Although I did get a couple of Texas Lottery tickets, the scratchers that I was talking about. I got a couple of scratch tickets. Now, there's no obligation here. That's where people start, Hey, it's a gift whatever. But the base, the base that people were using for the discussion was proper etiquette. Let's say somebody gives you a lottery ticket as a Christmas gift and you win five grand. That was the base point. Okay, okay, do you kick back anything to the person that bought you that ticket? Five grand is the number. If you win five bucks, you're not giving them anything. You win ten twenty dollars, I don't think like one hundred dollars. I think, man, thanks, it's a great gift, thank you. But when you start talking five grand, that's a pretty big win on a scratcher or any kind of a lottery ticket at all. Okay, I'm just using the Texas Lottery as an example. Number one, do you even scratch it in front of the person that gave it to you? Yeah?
Speaker 6: You do? You do?
Speaker 1: Do you scratch it right away? Or like I'll get to this later.
Speaker 5: My parents and our stockings give us some scratch offs, and I think my wife won like twenty bucks.
Speaker 1: I did not win anything. Okay, did you scratch them immediately that night? That night? Not right, because you're in the middle of gift to give me Chris that night, so you scratch them right away? Yeah? See, I like to pull the old I'll do this later. I have a lucky penny that I like to use. Don't do am I rich? I might buy more gifts? Fee you? Okay, five grand? I think take that person out to dinner. You definitely, I'd definitely give a cut. I think I give five hundred minimum.
Speaker 5: I'd like to think i'd give them a thousand, but I don't know if I'm not generous.
Speaker 1: But you get the tickets. Who gave you that? Your parents? My parents did, Okay, so I definitely give my parents a thousand, and they're gonna say they don't want anything. They're not gonna take it more than that.
Speaker 5: I like, here's half, and theyre I'm like, no, don't do that, son, we love you, and I'm like, thanks, mom and dad, we'll.
Speaker 1: Start a half. But with my parents, if it was what if your brother gave you a ticket and it hit for five grand, between five hundred and a thousand. If you remember that matchbox car you stole, Remember remember you popped the head off of Luke Skywalker when we were.
Speaker 5: Five, it's bad karma to not give them at least something. Yeah, but I think twenty bucks for a ticket is a little it's a little small.
Speaker 1: You know, what do you think five thousand dollars? If you hit five grand? And I know it's different, like if it's your bro, if it's your parent, if it's your girlfriend, if it's your wife.
Speaker 4: If I just hand her the money, wife, you're just like here, yeah.
Speaker 1: Just do what we need to do. Go buy more diavts. You win your case. I mean, okay, so five grand, I think you can give the person five hundred bucks they give you the ticket one hundred at least, no matter who it is, like I'm talking a coworker or yeah, I mean, if it's a secret Sandy, you don't know who did it, you don't know anybody anyway.
Speaker 5: If you don't know who did it, you find who does it, and a secret Santa, I would feel like just the karma that you get for like here, have some of this, then maybe I win the lottery again and then i'm a professional lottery with Or.
Speaker 1: You could totally cheap out. Go buy a lottery ticket the same one and say, maybe it's your turn. Oh that would be really funny. Where'd you get this? Go there, Hey, maybe you'll have the same luck as me. Oh you didn't get anything, Okay, Well we tried. I think you got to give him some money. I think you gotta give him some money, take them out to eat or something like that. Those are the most popular answers. It says, offer some sort of a kickback if it is a significant amount of money. They were using five thousand dollars as the basis. You know, at bare minimum. Everybody was agree. You take the person out for dinner and drinks. I think that's yeah, and then you give them their cut as well. Chili, what do you think?
Speaker 4: I want to know what his opinion is. One chili might be stingy. One chilli.
Speaker 1: You do lottery tickets? Well, I don't know. Did he give away area? Was there any presents after the day that he left us? Come on, hey, there's no lottery tickets anything, No, nothing, bro, I mean, do you do you owe anybody you don't. Oh, this is this is I approach this discussion the way that I approach tipping. People are so weird about money, so they don't want to be forced. Everybody wants to do their own thing. I'm asking you, dirty lou or Mauricio gives you a ticket for Christmas and you hit five thousand dollars. You know all those guys anything, But do you take care of them?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 11: Yeah, because they're not real. They're like my brothers, your bros. I know where your bros are.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I probably would not give them half.
Speaker 11: You'd give them, you'd offer half. Yeah, that's pretty big. Yeah, because if I'm eating, they're gonna be eating. Just like if they're eating, I better be eating too.
Speaker 1: I got you, One person said, again, I was just looking online. My uncle gave us all lottery tickets but filled his info on the back in case it was a winner. So smart move, smart move, Like it's already pre filled out, Like, no, I will be Actually I'm gonna take that. I'm gonna ungift that to you.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: It's just like basically saying I'll let you know what I'm gonna give you if you win. Yeah, basically, all right, all right, do we have some tickets chilling you?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Everybody's are people calling and stuff for tickets. They're excited to be back. You're back.
Speaker 2: I mean, everything seems to be working good. Everybody's excited.
Speaker 1: So right then, let's give away some Pierced the Veil tickets June twelfth, Woodlands Pavilion. Those tickets are available through ticket Master locations, uh the Chile. We'll take caller number ten right now seven one, three, two two five.
Speaker 6: US Rock and all tearn and very soon the Ryan Morning Show six to ten am.
Speaker 1: All right, welcome back.
Speaker 3: Everybody got some great tickets on the chopping block right now.
Speaker 1: Phones are ringing. That's good news. It means a few of you are out there. Good morning, good morning. Well hello, who's this brother? What's up?
Speaker 12: What's up with Jake?
Speaker 1: Brother? Jake? Dude? Your collar number ten? Congrats? No dude, yes, yeah, so we got this concert. It was it was a late announcement, meaning late in December. Pierce the Veil, the I Can't Hear You tour Sleeping with Sirens Beach Weather, June twelfth, Woodlands Pavilion. Tickets are on sale now if you're all ticket Master locations ticketmaster dot com. Jake, you are into the show show. Happy New Year to you.
Speaker 5: And I appreciate it and happy you guys to you.
Speaker 1: Man appreciate you, Jake, thank you. How I'm out for me?
Speaker 6: Brother Online Kid's alex.
Speaker 1: Online ninety four five the muss All right, this guy's doing it all? What I do?
Speaker 5: Man?
Speaker 1: A O L alex Online? What are you doing?
Speaker 6: So?
Speaker 5: I thought that maybe I could go to like a New Year's resolution themed AOL.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that this counts for everybody, but if you try.
Speaker 5: Your New Year's resolution is to like expand what you listen to musically, this will help you out. This is called Album a Day and basically you send it to your email and it will email you an album to check out each day. Now, if you sign up with this, it doesn't cost anything. It just you have to go to the website every day and you can rate and review, like like I got Muddy Waters at Newport nineteen sixty to check out today. So if I were to listen to this and I signed up for this, then I could review it and then it'll give you more stuff similar to what you've liked.
Speaker 1: Okays, you go on throughout the year.
Speaker 5: So every day it's an album to just throw on the background while you work in after obviously after ten o'clock when the show's over after ten, then you can listen to some new stuff.
Speaker 1: And expand your musical rise and go check it out.
Speaker 4: Album a day at the well famished rod Ryan showpage of the buzz dot com.
Speaker 13: I like it.
Speaker 6: Rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 2: Sad effects include mood swings.
Speaker 3: Mood Swings, the Bus, ninety four five, the Bus, Good Morning, rod Ryan Shows, Green Day.
Speaker 1: When I come around. Good to be back on with you all. I mean it. I mean it. I feel I you know, I always feel like the new Year it's a fresh piece of paper, and I get excited about it. I think things are going to be great. I've given myself some things that I want to do. It did have a solid New Year's resolution, the one hundred push ups a day. I just think it's gonna be a good year. I'm excited.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 1: We were all sad that Tessa, you know, told us that she was gonna move on and just kind of focus on the TV thing. I saw the writing on the wall a long time ago, but everybody parted great ways in on a good vibe and everything. She sent a funny email on Saturday to us all called us losers for getting up early in the morning. So it's me and the twins moving forward. I'm excited, Alex, You're doing a great job. Chili always doing a great job. We just want to get it right. We want to put the right person in there. So I feel good. I feel good with what we got going on here. We got some fun things that are coming up too. The first quarter of the year is always insane, and I kind of realize, you know, we do fundraising for backpacks in the summer, and then we you know, we move on to and boobs rock and all of that stuff. The first quarter is just always just a lot of stuff. I got hit with an email. Oh man, Kevin Raber sends me an email. Doesn't know about what we have planned here, nothing. He's like, happy new Year, Rod, new year, new opportunity. Here's my mile of meat application for twenty twenty five, looking forward to a fun year. The guy filled the whole thing out. He must have grabbed an old application off the website, or it just must have googled it. I'm sure there's a mile of meat stuff floating around out there. It's never been written down, it has been talked about before. I've always said it never takes us long. I forget about it too. It always catches me off guard. The first dude to ask about the mile of Meat. I'm like, if you want to do it, you can do it. The first day doesn't have to go through any vetting process at all. I mean, you know, have you chopped up people and left them by the water. I'm going to ask him that one question, Kevin, if you haven't chopped up anybody you're in, you really shouldn't be married. Okay, have you chopped anybody up? Are you married? I think that's a lot of questions that it's not a difficult process. You know, two no's, and you're in. Valentine's Day's on a Friday this year. Oh, Valentine's Day is February fourteenth, falls on a Friday. I guess we should do mile of Meat this year? Yeah? I think so.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Okay, we have one guy in now, the guy that sends me an email like right now you're not in. You're not the first now. We're not even taking applications for this day set up. It's just It always is that one guy that gets excited and wants to make sure that he is absolutely in. I allow that person to be in, and then moving forward that said, wait till we announce and do all of that stuff.
Speaker 5: So I'm all jacked up about mile meat, Mila meat, that's so long away.
Speaker 1: Come on March seventeenth. Saint Patrick's Day is on a Monday. We are scheduled to do a live broadcast where I don't know, but I wrote. Those of you that are watching us on Facebook, you'll see I'm I have to write stuff down in an old school. I have to look at a calendar, yea, I have to have the thirty or thirty one boxes. I have to look at it. I have to visualize it that way. I still can't do the phone thing. I know, old Man River Saint Patrick's Day. I have written down Saint Patrick's Day live broadcast. I know there's no location, there's no nothing, but the fact that it's not on a weekend. Last year was on a weekend. We didn't do. It's on a Sunday. Yeah, it just doesn't work. It doesn't work on a weekend. We need to be there. We need the hardcore one hundred. We need all of that because we've done before and you just don't get to start that early. Yeah, it just doesn't. It's just not as it's just not as fun. Monday's not ideal either, Monday Tuesday. You know we're gonna be kind of strapped with that the next couple of years. I still feel like it's kind of the weekend. But I have that written down. Is we are doing a live broadcast. I just don't have a location yet. I got a lot of monster jams on here. I got a lot of monster jams on here, a lot of New Orleans activity on here. I told you I bought playing tickets for the super Bowl. Yeah, I don't have tickets to the super Bowl. I don't know who's in the super Bowl. But I got two teams that I'm excited about that are in the playoffs and are playing this weekend. I got the Texans and the Bills playing not each other, which is, of course, is going to be a problem moving forward. It's going to happen, but would be good. I think it's I think it's going to happen. I predicted it. What if that's the AFS? Can it be the f sixpers.
Speaker 4: Probably not maybe, I don't know, but depending on how things go.
Speaker 1: But they could play each other. I bought tickets just so that I had plane tickets to the super Bowl. I don't have tickets to the super Bowl, but I have a plane ticket to be in New Orleans. I'm leaving. I have a plane ticket that leaves Sunday morning because we have Monster Jam the night before on Saturday. It's gonna be a hell of a week in Monster Jam and the super Bowl. Yeah, and then the following week is Mile of Meat. I mean, we are going to be really, really busy moving forward. I have a guy that's already I only need nineteen more men for the Mile of Meat. I am not taking applications now. But Kevin Raber, he's thirty six, he said, he's single, five four eight. It's from southern California. He's got a bachelor's he's got two bachelors and of masters. Wow. Yeah it. He's a data scientist. His zodiac sign is Sagittarius. We don't need to include that. And dragon Dragon. I like dragon. He's a Sagittarius dragon.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 1: I got one guy in. I think he's a Renfest guy. That's probably was a dragon. That's a dragon. Yeah. I think he's kind of a renfestie guy. He probably he might wear he might show up in el fears. I don't know. I hope the nail I don't like. Not only are they massive turn off on women, I don't like them on dudes either.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't like the elfears, But like you wear armor and stuff, that'd be cool.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean if you show up as a knight, oh yeah, and you.
Speaker 5: Something the joust, we throw the shirt with the number on it over like a night outfit.
Speaker 1: That was rock Guys, We're gonna have fun this year. That I mentioned that we're doing Buzzfest this year. On Saturday, May twenty fourth, Woodland's Pavilion, we gave away a pair of Buzzfest tickets. We're gonna have Buzzfest tickets for you all week. We gave him away at seven twenty. Chili will probably put him in there at eight twenty.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 1: It's like, note, I'm sorry all this stuff. She's kind of coming at me. Just getting back into the getting back into the work thing. Did we did we have a solid plan. I'm asking you this on the air with the work, with the microphones on. Did we all agree and Radio Wizard agree on what we're doing for Read my Lips on Thursday? Just say yes or no? I do not remember. Damn it, I thought he co signed. I don't like doing things without He gets very upset if I do something he doesn't know about it. No, I don't want to deal with that. I don't like to say it right now. Angry Wizard is not fun to be around. Sometimes it's fun. No, I'm not.
Speaker 5: He's like when he's angry, not at me. But I get to be a part of it. I like that, and you can kind of nag at him.
Speaker 1: Chili going. Did we come up with an absolutely okay, because it affects you big time. Did we come up with a stone cold solid plan what we're going to do in the interim for Reading my Lips?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 6: No, God, damn it.
Speaker 1: I think we came up with something.
Speaker 2: We came up with some, and then Wizard came up with some, and then he was just left in the air.
Speaker 1: Ideas were said, nothing was signed off. We'll come in and play, not that we're not. Now we do a scuba segmentstead what if we did underwater?
Speaker 2: Your idea was up in the air. He didn't say no. I thought we said yes.
Speaker 1: I thought he agreed that.
Speaker 5: You look, we had been drinking. There's a very good possibility we did say something, Wizard.
Speaker 1: That was two weeks ago. It might as well have been a lifetime ago. Caul Wizard asked what I suggested to see if we're doing it, I want to make sure that he says okay before I say it on the air. All right, that's the old year. That was the old meed okay, I thought, geez. I was ready to blurt out what we're gonna do on Thursday hand No, no, come on, all right, call Wizard. I'm calling Wizard right now. Doesn't Ryan's shown five.
Speaker 3: Ninety four or five the Buzz, Good Morning rod Ryan Show.
Speaker 1: That is stained and lowest in me rod Ryan Show, No Monday, Happy New Year, every number one link today and number one on my yearly ranking. Oh yeah, she's number one because it's day one, one of one. She's one of one. Very good. I think Chili's got her at number one two on the year twenty twenty five. We did run through all of like while we were off. Every day we counted down and this is solely by the amount of web traffic they received our website. Chile ran through the top ten Instagram features of the year each and every day he posted a new one and I think a fix the gram Thursday, and somebody was accusing Chili of, like, you know, maybe stuffing the ballot box. Chili did not run the numbers Dark Web Web Department. They ran the numbers, so Chili didn't run the thing. So yeah, Chile didn't. You know, they weren't crooked numbers or anything else. They were real numbers. So that's what you guys clicked on this year, and that thick Thursday was the number one on the year. But it was a great think you you got to send them into us, though, if you want us to keep this segment rolling, I need more than that guy Josh to send stuff in. That one guy Josh sends and stuff like almost every day. I mean he's sending in goods done. He doesn't he's got a great eye.
Speaker 5: But yeah, if it would be ideal to have more than just one person, not that he's bad at.
Speaker 1: All, and almost do it. Just give the whole segment to him. Okay, I'm gonna have to start recording every conversation that I have in this building moving forward, not consent to that. I am going to record every time I come up with an idea, I want it recorded. I want a witness, I need it signed off on, and then I need it preserved forever. I know for a fact that what we said about read my lips, it was a done deal. This is what we came up with. I do remember it being said after you inminded me and the song. I stopped short of saying it on the air because just let me run this by Wizard. I had a problem with him last year on something, so I'm like, just run it by him. He comes back with all I think we were just spitballing. I don't we had a done deal. Yeah, I was not going into a breathink. I was not going into the break without having that first week locked and loaded where everybody was going to be and when they were going to be there. I don't do I don't operate like that.
Speaker 5: The only problem is we did it after we'd been drinking a little bit, so like that tends to make us forget things. I've been just trying to gas that Wizard on our emails, though, So I think we're good.
Speaker 1: I am insane right now thinking that you guys don't all remember saying that we're doing it.
Speaker 5: I'm on board with it, and I told the Wizard he sounded insane by saying that we didn't say that, So now we did say it.
Speaker 1: In his mind, our boss thinks that, okay, well we kind of talked about it, but I'm okay with it. Go ahead, okay, because that's what we said we were going to do on the twentieth of December, basically a lifetime ago. All right. Obviously, no Tessa here for the first time ever. On read my lips. We're going to allow and this is where I thought Chili would know, because it's going to affect him the most. We're going to allow a listener to come in and play. You guys, a listener. We're gonna invite a listener to come in. You can't. This isn't a call or ten situation. You got to come in. You got to be in the studio with us and play the game, and the loser dies that week. And then in Wizard, I'll even go further than this. Here's what the Wizard said. He goes, well, you got to give him something for coming in. I go, no, you don't get it. If they lose, they lose. He's like, well, you got to give them something. This is how I know we said we were going to do this. He felt that if somebody was going to take the time to come down here, we had to give them something. I'm all right, yeah, I said. If they come in here and they lose, they walk out of here with what they came in with. He's like, well, they're playing against people that know how to play. I'm like, it's Chili. They got a good shot.
Speaker 4: Whoa, whoa, Hey, he won the most he's ever won last year.
Speaker 5: Chili.
Speaker 1: Whoa who whoa? I don't like this Chili.
Speaker 2: Somebody's been a little pushups.
Speaker 1: Uh huh. You had your best year ever last year. So I think I don't think we wait until Wednesday. I think we do it tomorrow. And I now. The only thing that I haven't come up with is exactly how are we going to find this person. I know you're gonna email me and say I want to command, I want to commit, I don't want to commend it. I get it, we'll figure it out. But there was no way I was coming in and this week wasn't locked in. No, you're right, So now that you said it, I do remember first time ever because somebody said, what are you going to do about reading my lips? And I just didn't want to do it with the three of us. I don't. What I don't want to do is ever be the timekeeper again. I don't want to ever keep time. I took too much crap for that. I never I'm never keeping time on that stupid game.
Speaker 11: But make sure if you want to participate in it, uh huh, make sure that you can make it.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, that.
Speaker 11: Studio in person. And then just because everybody in Thermometer is going to start emailing and say I can make it.
Speaker 2: I can make it, and then it'll be like, you know what I forgot? I had this, I said I had this.
Speaker 1: I'm not getting a backup player every day and all of that stuff. Then I got to take care of that person. I'm one person. One person doesn't show up, they ruin it. I need, Yeah, one person. You got to be rock solid when you say you're gonna come in. So that's something that we're gonna do on the show. We'll do it after well, we'll talk about it after the show, but I wanted to make sure that tomorrow going into it, we're gonna grab somebody and then have them prepare to be to be in studio with us on Thursday for reading my lips.
Speaker 2: I got to figure out how to keep all those strip versa weight.
Speaker 1: Alex is the return Alex is the returning champion, so whatever listener comes in is playing Alex. Oh. I thought it'd be funny if we flipped the coins. Yeah, yeah, it's how you usually do it. Yep, we'll flip a coin.
Speaker 2: How about we play shirks and skins.
Speaker 5: Yeah, hey, I gots you guys want to make it weird.
Speaker 1: Fine, I don't care. Okay, I don't care. I'm over here just hosting.
Speaker 2: I'll wear it all right.
Speaker 1: I know the show, good lord, I know we didn't talk about that. I know the show. We're giving away tickets to go see Saint Vincent.
Speaker 4: I should probably come up with a question on April eighth, wait Oak.
Speaker 1: Music Hall to get to our available now. Alex will have a question for you. On the flip of this Bright.
Speaker 8: Houston's alternative All Day and the Rock Ryan Morning shown.
Speaker 1: Ninety four or five of the Buzz Welcome Back Rob Ryan Show. Almost almost made it through our first show. One last little bit of business to win these Saint Vincent tickets. She's playing white Oak Music Hall. Tell of a guitar player, out of a front woman. I mean, she's just a She's got a stage presence about her for sure. If you'd like to go see her on April eighth. Alex has n't know the show question. I'm sure, do you, buddy? This guy's doing it all today. What do you got? All right?
Speaker 5: So if you want to wa today, you're gonna have to go all the way back to the six am hour. We had our fresh out of bed head to head win are slow fast Andrew is celebrating what kind of Christmas today? We didn't even know this was a day, But what kind of Christmas? Is so fast Andrew celebrating today? Like if you know the show called.
Speaker 1: Out seven one three, two, one two five nine four five to be our first know the show, winner of twenty twenty five sweach Foot, This is Meant to Live ninety four five, The Buzz ninety four five, The Buzz, sweitch Foot, Meant to Live, Rot Ryan Show on a Milk Monday, getting ready to wrap things up, so we made it through that freeze warning. I hope you guys all it didn't seem like it was gonna be a pipe bursting situation. The plants and all of that stuff, I don't know. I mean, you gotta wrap up old people and pets and all that. Don't forget about the old people. It's gonna get cold again tonight, so just keep every if you wrapped it, just keep it wrapped. Leave the old people inside, keep the old people inside, the pets inside. Let your kids sleep indoors. We're gonna have sunny skies today. Highs up around forty seven. Cold weather advisory. I mean, listen, it's still cold weather advisory that's going on until eleven o'clock. All right, let's go over to the phones here. He's now time for Know This Show on ninety four.
Speaker 11: To five The La La La La La La La la la la la.
Speaker 1: Good morning, Rob Ryan Show.
Speaker 4: Good morning.
Speaker 1: Hello. Who's this Hello?
Speaker 2: This is Chelsey Chelsea.
Speaker 1: Welcome to Know the Show. Alex. What's your question?
Speaker 2: Alex?
Speaker 1: What is your question? It's weird? Yeah, Alex, you have a question.
Speaker 4: Well, Chelsea, we had slow Fast.
Speaker 5: Andrew was our spoiler, fresh out of bed head to head winter today and he was talking about a certain Christmas that he is celebrating on this day.
Speaker 1: What Christmas was it that he's celebrating.
Speaker 6: That is Armenian Christmas.
Speaker 1: Yes it is. Oh, you got move it down in there. That's the official band of Armenia. Are the Kardashians Armenium don't know? I think so they're America.
Speaker 4: I think the dad was Robert Bobby Robert kardash Bobby Dash.
Speaker 1: Chelsea is a winner, Chelsea. I'm gonna give you Saint Vincent tickets April eighth, White Oak Music Hall. Everyone else. Tickets are available through ticket Master. Happy New Year to you, Chelsea, Thank you, Happy New Year to you.
Speaker 6: Rod.
Speaker 1: Armenian Christmas. Happy Armenian Christmas. Right, thank you so much. Happy King Cake Day. It's King's Day today. You can you can get at the King Cake today. You can get your mer out. I got a great picture sent to me. Uh, London got a radio from Santa Claus and she was listening to the show today. So shout out to my kid listening to the show today. Thank you, London, love you. That's it, guys, that's one show in the books. We did it. Great job today. Alex, thanks Mandans a lot. You know, a wizard said, oh, I had no doubt, Like, no big deal.
Speaker 4: I know we all had doubts. We all had doubts.
Speaker 1: It's fine. I don't know what you're gonna be saying your dumb crap in between the news stories. Work on it. That's not today, all right, Jeremy's here, I believe so, yes, So Jeremy is coming up. He's got the NonStop nooner. I think everyone's going to be given away like a lot of Monster Jam tickets this week. I think everyone's going to be given away a lot of Buzzfest tickets. I know that we're going to continue giving away Monster Jam tickets and Buzzfest tickets tomorrow. I mean, we can get right into it. We can play some sort of a game tomorrow on the air. We could play that game at eight twenty if you wanted to, and the winner would receive Buzzfest tickets. So, if you have some game suggestions, something that maybe we haven't played in a while, I would be down to do that and make sure that we can still do it shorthanded, which should be okay. I think I can't think of anything. I mean trying to think of what we can't. We can play any game. Who so well, just because we can play every game, we shouldn't play every game. Who's sip in that soup? It would be fifty percent. You are, chilly, It's going to be perfect. I'm you're playing someone from sales, all right, so send send me your game suggestions. Keep it here, chilly, great job. I'm so glad to be back with everybody. Happy New Year, and we'll do it all again. We're on a twenty hour break. We'll do it all again on January seventh.
Speaker 6: A m M.
Speaker 10: D Well, wasn't that fun? If you missed any of the show today, all the good stuff will be podcast. Check it out on the world famous Ron Ryan showpage at the buzz dot com