Speaker 1: Now your host walking you up to first pitch. It's Tim kase.
Speaker 2: Hi everybody, and welcome in too. Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck, hoping you're enjoying this beautiful Saturday afternoon now here in southern California as the weather starts to heat up. Your world champion Los Angeles Dodgers eight and one on this season. Nobody really thought that Dodgers would go undefeated all year. Yesterday they suffered that first loss of the twenty twenty five season, a gaming which the Dodgers had chances late but ran themselves out of the eighth and the ninth innings. This afternoon, though, they look to shake it off as they're back in Philadelphia, game two of this three game weekend series against the Phillies. Roki Sasaki on the mound for the Dodgers first pitch coming up at one oh five. Between then and now, we got a lot to get to here on Morongo Casino Dodgers on deck. You're gonna hear from the manager himself, Dave Robbers. David Batse will join us. He'll go one on one with Key k Hernandez. We've got your Dodgers magical moment. We'll check it with Urson Watson your prize picks double play of the Day. In just a few minutes, we'll head out to the gallupin Motors Broadcast Booth with Tim Neverett and Rick monday Well. Last night in Philadelphia, the Dodgers' bats were silenced early. They finally woke up, but too little, too late. Yoshi Yamamoto got the start. He goes six innings, allowed just one run on three hits, while striking out five along the way. Yamamoto didn't help himself out in the first trade Turner a one out double. Then trade turner sole third.
Speaker 3: Now Turner heading for third and Yamamoto throws it away. They had him Deadna Wright a third and Yamamoto threw it into no man's lamb. Turner comes into the score. It is one to nothing Philadelphia.
Speaker 2: Yamamoto's throwing air behind Miguel Rojas down the third base line, trade Turner scored Phillies up one to nothing. The Dodgers offense had their hands full against leftander hayesus Lozardo held the Dodgers scoreless over seven innings. He allowed just two hits, striking out eight along the way. Yoshiyamamoto with this six innings. The seventh belonged to Kirby Yates, a lead off walk, then a double two batters later, stattson RBI single in Brandon Marsh and RBI groundown. Just like that, the Phillies with two runs off of Kirby Yates and the seventh up three to nothing. The Dodgers offense limited most of the game, had a base runner. In the sixth Andy Pa has picked off. In the eighth, Dodgers runners on first and third with two outs. Mookie Betts when show O Toany was caught stealing his second to in the Indian and then in the ninth Dodgers down three to nothing, down but not out, looking for some late any magic. Mookie Betts a lead off walk that brought up Tommy tanks.
Speaker 3: Field back on the right side. Bets eleaded second. Now the pitch and Edmund Swains hits a high fly ball to right. There's Paul heading back. This Paul is God. It's a home run for Edmund. Tommy Edman with his fifth home run of the season, and the Dodgers get on the board in the ninth inning.
Speaker 2: It's three to two, two run shot from Tommy Edmund Dodgers down one. The rally was on two batters later two Will Smith walked time run was at first, Chris Taylor pinch running, Max Munchie pinch hitting for Key K. However, the game ended on a strike him out, throw him out, ballgame over after review. Phillies beat the Dodgers three to two, the Dodgers first loss of the season with the loss of now eight and one. But today's a nude day. Rokie Sasaki on the mound game two of this three game weekend series in Philadelphia with more. We head out to the Galloping Motors broadcast booth and say hello to Tim Beverett rig Monday, guys.
Speaker 3: Tim, thanks again. Overcast here in Philadelphia. Be a little cooler today. There has been some precipitation in the area, but we should be okay for the ballgame as the Dodgers take on the Philadelphia Phillies game two of this three game series, and it is the third start for young right handed Rokie Sasaki, no decisions in a five to seventy nine ERA. He will be facing veteran right hander Aaron Nola. Nola is zero to one with an eight to forty four ERA after he gave up five earned runs on six hits and five and a third innings pitched against Washington in his first start. So the Philly is six and one ended the Dodgers' eight game winning streak to start the season. Dodgers still the best record in baseball in this early going at eight and one. And when you look at the lineup today Mo Max Munsey is back in there, Austin Barnes is behind the plate, Will Smith getting the game off.
Speaker 4: Yeah, kick you here. Nannis again starting at first base in the absence of obviously Freddy Freeman. So this is a ball club. The Dodgers, and let's be very simplistic about this, have to play better than what they have each the last two games. So they won the final game in LA with the walk off home run by Shoheyo Tani, but they ended three different innings with base running being thrown out or doubled up. And that's going to change. But at the same time, I think Dave Roberts put it rather succinctly, Yes, you ran yourself out of three innings, but don't turn into a passive team.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 4: One of the things that Dave was talking about when he first came over to manage the Dodgers, saying, look, I saw you guys from the other dugout when he was a bench coach with San Diego, so he didn't run the bases particularly well. I think Dave understands, Look, don't lose the aggressiveness. Let's just think a little bit better in situations.
Speaker 3: And they think they can run today on Aironola. Yeah, so that'll be seen whether they do or not this afternoon. Got to get some base runners too, they had a lack of those in the game last night. But just to give you an idea of how rare it is for a Dodger team to have base runners thrown out trying to steal three times in a game. It had been since September eighth, if twenty twelve, when Buster Posey the Giants threw out three different Dodgers trying to steal a base in a single game. So it doesn't happen very often, but it happened last night. On the pitching front, Shoe Hal Towny pitched another bullpen today. It's a second one in two weeks time. He is scheduled to throw a touch and field session on Thursday at Dodger Stadium, and then he'll throw another bullpen on Saturday. He's only thrown the fastball and the change up, not the split yet, so he's still a ways off.
Speaker 4: You know, there's been a lot of talk, i think during the offseason and now that the season has gotten oother way too about the Nation League Western Division, and you can look how it's gotten off to a start. The Dodgers just a half game in front of San Diego. Well, the Dodgers are eight and one, and then you look at San Francisco, they're just a game out. Arizona, two and a half out as action started today. The Rockies, they're running into some problems to begin with, but things are going to be tight. The Dodgers understand full well. Western Division is a very representative division of the National League.
Speaker 3: So the Dodgers at eight and one take on the Phillies at six and one. Roki Sasaki against Aaron Nola. That's the pitching matchup here in game two.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, we'll check back with you guys in just a little bit. If it count you down to first pitch. Dodger fans, it's lunchtime, hey, get your game game meal on at Shaky's Pizza Parlor. What are your Shaky's Pizza, chicken and mojos right now at Shakey's dot Com. Coming up here on Dodgers on Deck, you're gonna hear from the manager, Dave Roberts. You'll hear from Keiki here nan Is, we'll dive deeper into the pitchy match up, a big one for rookie Sasaki looking to get back on track in his third start. But up next your Otani. You rewind and we'll hear from Kison to Watson from Sports Net LA. That's all coming up as we lead you up to Dodgers and Phillies from Philadelphia. First pitch at one o five. Thanks for being with us. I'm Tim Kas's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio.
Speaker 1: Network is Lorongo Casino, Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: It's the Dodgers and Phillies on this Saturday afternoon, Dodgers looking to get back on track after their first loss last night to the Phillies. Rookie Sasaki on the mound, first pitch coming up at one o five.
Speaker 1: This is the Otani rewhy and now a two to one pitch to show hand the swings rips it in the right field.
Speaker 3: That's a base ship rounding second on his way to third. A is rojash and he will stop there and show here with a sharp single past a diving Bryce Harper get himself a hit and this brings the tying run to the plate in mookie Betch.
Speaker 2: Dodgers last night lose three to two in the eighth inning. Shoyotani with that single to write at first and third, But then it was Shoeyotani getting caught stealing at second base to in the eighth inning. Dodgers also got caught stealing to end the game in the ninth as they lose in Philadelphia, their first loss of the season, three to two.
Speaker 1: This is Kirston's corner with Kirston Watson.
Speaker 2: Hey Kirson now joins us from Philadelphia. Brought you by Cars for Kids. Ready to donate your old car? Call eight seven seven Cars for Kids right now, Friendly agents standing by to take your donation. That's Cars with the K to donate your car today. The Dodgers hoping Roki Sasaki puts up some k's today That means he gets some strikeouts, it means he's getting some outs and hopefully a better outing today. Yeah exactly.
Speaker 5: I mean when we look at us first too, they've been tough ones and whether the lack of swing and miss, whether the lack of throwing strikes. So the hope today and Dave Roberts has said that said this for rookies, with each one of his outings, it's it's got to be that fastball command because that's what's going to allow him to set up for the splitter. And we know we've seen how it plays out, how effective that pitch can be, so that's got to be the key for him. There's a lot of talk about just whether it was some of the emotions that he expressed after that last outing and even some of the frustration. And this is a player who's used to having a lot of success and a player who wants to come through for his team. So Dave Roberts does feel that, Yes, today is going to be a big test for him, going up against a very just a very talented Phillies' lineup as well as a very patient Phillies lineup. So they're going to control their strike zone and hopefully Roki can do that as well, but the hope is that he can have a strong one and they do feel like it's coming just because he's coming off of a really strong bullpen and Mark Pryor and Connor mac ginnis are feeling that, you know, he's being more receptive to just the information that's being given to him to make some of those adjustments to give him more success in this league.
Speaker 2: But you know what really feel the Chicago the wind can play havoc with the baseball, whether good or bad. In Philadelphia last night and today the win gonna be an issue again.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, just looking at it right now, Tim, it is blowing and honestly like howling. And there's a thing with this stadium it kind of can have that like circular play on the ball, if that makes sense. Kind of think kind of like a cyclone.
Speaker 2: I feel like it is the right way to describe it.
Speaker 5: But not that I'm a weather girl or anything, but I feel like that's how one wind describe it. But we saw last night with you know, with the swing that Shoho Tani had late in the game, and it was one in which that ball it was what a thirty two launch angle one hundred and ten off the bat. That's something that would have been a home run or at least a hit, just looking at comparables to those those two numbers, and it wasn't that. So the wind played a big factor on it, and it could be something today. It's gonna be a tricky one, but it's kind of one of those things that they're just going to have to see how it played out. But they're gonna have to be aggressive with Aaron Nolan. Hopefully they can find ways to get to him.
Speaker 2: Really Weather on the ones with Kirsten Watson, who was a good one. We appreciate it, Garston. We'll check in with you again an update on the weather and this game when it's over later today, still to come here. I'm Marongo Casino, Dodgers on deck. We'll dive deeper into this pitching matchup. David Batsego's one on one with Key k Herd Nandez. But I'm next. We'll get you an injury report and we'll hear from the manager himself, Dave Robbers. Leading up to Dodgers and Phillies on this Saturday, first pitch of one O five. I'm Tim Kasis the World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers Hunters on your home for LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Morongo Casino Dodgers on Deck continues on this Saturday as we leads up to first pitch from Philadelphia Dodgers and Phillies Marongo Casino Resort a Spa A Grand Slam, four good times. First pitch coming up at one O five.
Speaker 1: This it's the LA Dodgers Injury Reports.
Speaker 2: I I UCLA Healthy official medical partner the Los Angeles Dodgers. Twelve players start the season on the IL for the Dodgers. Eleven pictures. Freddie Freeman the lone position player on the IL with the bad ride ankle. Tony Gonslon on the I L at the back tightness. He was in Oklahoma City on Thursday for a minor league rehab assignment, as was Evan Phillips trying to work his way back. Michael Kopek also on the fifteen day.
Speaker 6: I L.
Speaker 2: Let's head back out to Citizens Big Park. Check out the Dodgers skepperd A questions for Dave.
Speaker 1: Dave, can you just describe Dave?
Speaker 2: Can you talk about the pressure in the dugouts.
Speaker 1: With Dave Roberts.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I think yesterday the wind certainly played a factor. I think I'm not sure how it's blown today, but it is cold out there. I think, you know, the takeaway is, you know, not giving away free passes, not just giving away ninety feet, making guys beat you with the bat, putting the ball in play. I think trying to you know, get ninety feet, get on base, create some type of action on the base is certainly from a guy like Nola, who really good competitor, really good breaking ball, good stuff, but you can run on him, you know. So hopefully we can create some stress on the bases and take good at bats. But excited to see what Roki does tonight.
Speaker 5: You talked about how in his last bullpen, Mark Pryor was saying that the stuff was in a really good spot. I know you've said that with him, just the fastball command is the most important thing. How do you see that hopefully playing out for him in today's game? And what will be the biggest I guess determining factor that you can see in him that tells you what isn't a good spot.
Speaker 7: I just want to see Roki on the attack. Tonight. I thought we saw that and he had a good kind of up close look at Yamamoto last night. How he pitched aggressively, was on the attack, and you know, with his fastball, with his split, and so that's the blueprint. And I think that you can kind of manage these hitters by attacking them and commanding the fastball, presenting the split as a strike to get them to swing to chase put the ball in place softly. So I think for me it's just kind of I want to see the aggressiveness and just kind of watching his you know, his mound presence, poised demeanor on the mountain.
Speaker 2: All right, there's Day Roberts talking about rookie Szaki who's had some control issues his first two starts and a little control of his ASPI pitches. So see, if the Phillies players are disciplined today, I can get in the chase. We'll dive deeper into more with David Vasse coming up. TV goes one on one with keyk Hernettanez. We got your magical moments still to come. We'll dive deeper in this pitching matchup. So much more to come. So we lead you after first pitch in Philadelphia on this Saturday Dodgers and Phillies. I'm Tim Kasey's world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino, Dodgers on Deck on your home for the Blue all season.
Speaker 2: Long, Dodgers and Phillies on this Saturday afternoon. Rookie Sazaki Aaron Nola the pitching matchup for Bitch coming up.
Speaker 1: One oh fine, joining Tim kats on Dodgers on Deck.
Speaker 8: I accept everybody for who they are.
Speaker 1: This is Dodger insider David Bassi DV Game two.
Speaker 2: There's three game set, Dodgers looking to bounce back in another cloudy afternoon in the city. I probably love.
Speaker 8: Yeah, it was raining earlier this morning, Tim, but the rain has not come back. It's a cloudy it's about fifty degrees and the wind is whipping from right field to left field. And speaking of the wind, I talked to Shoho Tani earlier today about the ball he hit in his second at bat to center field. Any other ballpark. It was hit close to one hundred and ten miles an hour. It's a home run, but all it was was a fly ball that was cut down at the warning track at the edge of the grass. So when I went up to Otania, I said, hey, that's two home runs you should have had. There was one in Tokyo because the base balls were doing weird things, and that one and he's I know.
Speaker 2: David is driven by Ford. There's one thing we like. Its choice is fine yours with the fort f one to fifty gas hybrid all electric tough, this mark can only be called f one fifty. Speaking of Otani, David throw a bullpen today? Yeah, how about that?
Speaker 8: I'm looking down at my phone and that's how That's how much presence Otani has when he walks by you, you feel it. I looked up and there he was in his batting practice uniform, the blue Dodger top with seventeen and Otani on the back end. He threw a twenty five pitch bullpen. He did not throw any split fingered fastballs, but Dave Roberts said that would be the next step in his next bullpen session. And also interesting enough, Dave Roberts mentioned wanting to have Otani on a seven days schedule, and that's how these bullpen sessions are scheduled. So he touches the mount on Thursdays and throws a bullpen session on a Saturday to try to continue to have some sort of process and schedule for when he does eventually return to pitch.
Speaker 2: It's time now for the Dodger Derby, brought to you by San Anita Park. We're picking the races at Santa Anita all season long. Today's a Sante a Eda Derby. Get out there for all the festivities, the craft beer Festival, the Spring Carnival, full day of racing at Santa Anita dot com slash events. We're picking tomorrow's first race at Santa Anita twelve o'clock, first one mile distance. It's a seven horse race. Who you like TV A.
Speaker 8: Lot of great names, but I'm going with the number four horse, Malibu Rocks, ridden by jockey Edwin A.
Speaker 2: Maldonado. All right, I'm gonna go with the number two horse, mister Leisure. Mister Leisure, this is who I'm going with. Good luck to you, DV. We'll check back in with you just a couple of minutes. Coming up here on Morongo, cause you know, Dodgers on deck. We'll dive deeper into this pitchy matship. We'll hear from Key k Hernandez, We're not gonna want to miss that. Up next, So you're Dodger's Magical Moment Dodgers Phillies first pitch of one oh five. I'm Tim Kas's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on tack on, the official home of LA Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers East goes for a road trip in Philadelphia. I lost last night, first loss of the season, out eight and one on the year. Rookie Sazaki looks to get the Dodgers back on track against the Phillies. First bitch coming up at one oh five.
Speaker 4: I do not about that.
Speaker 8: A hot dog who wants a hot dog?
Speaker 1: It's time for the Hawfy Magical Moment. Ditch Magical presented by Hawfey Hot.
Speaker 2: Dogs Dodgers in Philadelphia. You go back to twenty fourteen, May twenty fifth, twenty fourteen, Dodgers in Philadelphia. Josh Beckett on the mound for the Dodgers, a day he'll never forget.
Speaker 4: So here goes Beckett. He's coming up. He is set and on the way. The three two pitch to chase that like got it, God Ain't looking straight three and Josh Beckett becomes the eleventh Los Angeles to throw a no hitter and the first hits Hdai on Nomo on the September seventeenth, nineteen ninety six at Denver against the Rockies to throw a no hitter.
Speaker 2: Josh Beckett with the no hitter. May twenty fifth, twenty fourteen, in Philadelphia. This Hafey Magical moment brought to you by Hofey hot Dogs, Haffey's SoCal local treasure for nearly one hundred years, Hoffy hot Dogs Local and so great. When we continue here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll check back amill Rick Monday, who you just heard on the call back in twenty fourteen, and that no hitter from Josh Beckett. Plus we'll get you the price Picks double Play of the Day lead. You have to first pitch from Philadelphia. I Tim Kasis, the world champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio network.
Speaker 1: Is Lorongo Casino. Dodgers on Dodgers on Deck, y'all on the official home of LA Dodgers, Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Phillies. Rookie Sasaki on the man first Bitch Coming up at one O five, got him with the two for one.
Speaker 8: Hard shot to third.
Speaker 3: Throw us a second on the first double play double total teams.
Speaker 1: This is the Prize Picks Double Play of the Day.
Speaker 2: Join me and millions of other baseball fans and playing daily fantasy sports at Prize Picks. Download the free Prize Picks apps and sign up using the code go blue to get fifty dollars instantly after you play your first five dollars lineup. That's go blue when you sign up at Prize Picks. It's so easy to play. You just pick more or less on at least two players for a shot to win up to one thousand times your cash, whether it strikeouts RBI's first sitting runs. Your picks total bases more or less at Prize Picks. Join me in playing. Use the code go blue when you sign up. How about these two picks today, ta Oscar Hernandez more or less a half a total base more it's gonna get on base more for a half a total base for Taoskcar Hernandez. Trey Turner, Philly shortstop, more or less a half a stolen base. He's a thread on the bass pass. We saw that with the Dodgers, I say, more a half a stolen base for Trey Turner. Join me at Price Pitch, use a probo code, go blue when you sign up Prize Picks, run your game.
Speaker 1: And now joined by David Masseying, here's La Dodgers broadcastre and World Series champion Dodger Rick Monday.
Speaker 8: Rick, I think we're all anxiously awaiting what Rokie Sazaki we get today in Philadelphia.
Speaker 4: Yeah, were there any more runners thrown out last night?
Speaker 7: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, that was bad base running? Yesterday, well, it was not a good ballgame. And that's back to back games. I mean we talked about, you know, the final game of the homestand even the Dodgers that went it on on a walk off home run by shoe heel Otani. But after the ballgame, Dave Roberts said he was dumbfounded. It was bad baseball and did this is a better ball club than to play in situations like that? Last night? You left Mookie Bett standing at home plate two different times, you ran yourself out of innings three different times, didn't execute the fundamental play on a pickoff over at third base. Yes, it's early in the season, but those things start to mount up. You cannot give away games. And you know the Phillies they played very aggressive baseball. They're gonna do it again this year. We talked about, Hey, ball clubs understand when the defending world champions are coming into town, they want nothing better than to upset the Apple card to the Dodgers. And that's what happened last night.
Speaker 8: Well, earlier today, Dave Roberts indicated the Dodgers are not going to stop running because he believes they could take advantage of Aaron Nola in that department. Maybe you can explain to us what is the balance of being aggressive but also smart.
Speaker 4: Well, Nola last year did give up some stolen bases. He's also giving up a lot of home runs. You look at thirty last year. They're hit, but situations called for. If you're going to take off with Mookie Bets at home plate in a one run game, or if you're the tying run standing at home plate, you've got to make sure that you're one hundred percent certain that you're going to be able to make it. Didn't happen, and for the Dodgers, you know, another base running mistake also by Andy Biz not pointing the finger at him. If we're to discuss the game, we're going to discuss discuss the game.
Speaker 8: Yeah, and in basketball and football you always hear about time and score. In baseball, it's score an inning and situation who's at the plate.
Speaker 4: And quite frankly, I think the Phillies showed the type of a team that they are and the type of team they want to be and approve upon. And that's aggressive, including the first inning. If you know a guy can run, that's Gray Turner, you've got to give him at least a look back at second base. Didn't happen last night, but Yamamoto and they still not just the one wallet. They still both wallets from Yamamoto, then the air and throw, and the Phillies are feeling very good about themselves. Dodgers can play better, they know that, and I expect them to be able to play that.
Speaker 8: Rick styles make fights. Are the Phillies a tough matchup for the Dodgers because they have beaten them eight of the last ten times.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're tough here. They're tough at home period. And you get the crown. I mean from the get go. Last night, when the starting lineups were were introduced for the Dodgers. I mean show hey, Tommy's name is brought up. It was a chorus of booze, okay, fine, that doesn't win or lose ball games. If anything else, I think as a hitting player visiting player, it kind of accentuates the situation that you know you're the visiting team and you want to do even better because they don't boo the players that they know they can get out.
Speaker 8: Rick, being a former Cub, you appreciate the elements more than most. Last night, Shoho Tani and Taoscar Hernandez felt the win worked against them hitting two home runs last night. When you look out today and you see the flags, do you believe it's going to be a factor.
Speaker 4: Well, the win's blowing the opposite way tonight. Then it was last night. You know, last night it was from left to right, and today as we're going, it's blowing from right to left at least what we see. Here's the other part about the win. Don't always trust what the flags are doing because of the situation stands very high. Where's the wind coming from? I used that element. I think back to Kendlstick Park in San Francisco years and years ago. They had four flat bulls in center field field level. Right now, it's a circular stadium. You figure, okay, what's gonna happen? You turn around, I look at the flags. All four of them were blowing in different directions. Good luck.
Speaker 3: Thanks for the advice, Rick.
Speaker 8: We'll check back in with you at Tim Nebick David before we get to first pitch. For now, we'll send it back to Tim Kates in the studio.
Speaker 2: Thanks a lot, DV Dodgers fans. Start your future in California. Community college financial aids available to help you with tuition books. Yeah, sometimes even the rent. It's time to take that next big step. Classes can fill it quickly, So roll today that I can go to college dot com. Still to come here on Dodgers on Deck, we'll get your preview of this bitching matchup. Rick. We'll be back with Tim. Never gets you those keys of the game. But I'm next. We'll hear from Key k Hernandez gonna say. We'll find out when we come back. Dodgers and Phillies first pitch, one oh five. I'm Tim Kais's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Wrongo Cassino Dodgers hunt on your home for La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Phillies. Rookie Sasaki on the mount first pitch coming up at one oh five Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by zen She Handcrafted Sushi. Enjoy the game with a quick, affordable meal that the whole family can enjoy. Zen She handcrafted sushi, made fresh on site daily by professionally trained sushi chefs with precision, passionate tradition. You can taste tune in rolls, samon, tempura shrimp, my personal favorite, the mango crunchy dragon role. Even got Poke Bolls find zen She near the deli counter at ralphs zench handcrafted sushi, always fast, fresh and easy.
Speaker 1: And now what will likely be vest fielding insults from a Dodger player.
Speaker 2: It's an engagement of endearment. This this high and tight.
Speaker 8: We're in Philadelphia and I'm joined right now by one of my favorite Dodgers. You guys know him, love him, and he not only is a great player, but he's got a big heart. And that is the one and only Keike Hernandez. Thanks a lot for the time. It's been a great first nine games of the season.
Speaker 2: For you guys.
Speaker 6: Yeah, hi Dave from Philadelphia East Coast. Yeah, you got off to a great start. You know, the personal not so much, but the team hasn't necessarily needed me to play good to win games, so that's good. But yeah, I mean we all hear the noise. We are doing a great job but canceling shutting out the noise and you know, focusing on on our twenty six man roster, focusing on ourselves and what we do need to do in between the lines to be successful, and so far we're doing a good job with that.
Speaker 8: But it feels like you guys have done a good job with everything else around you, and you yourself playing a position that you don't really play a lot, and that's first base. I'm not sure people fully appreciate that.
Speaker 6: Yeah, no, definitely, I think I'm you know, I usually I'm a chameleon defensively, I kind of adjust to where I'm at, and right now I'm possibly thinking so much about first space that I'm forgetting about you know, what happens on the plate. But you know, I Freddie has been you know, he's top five defender of the position in the whole Big League. So my job, my responsibility is to make sure that the team doesn't suffer.
Speaker 8: Part of the reason why you're back with the Dodgers and why everybody wanted you back was to enjoy the fruits and the celebration of being a world champion. The following year, you got your ring. I'm sure that was exciting for you. And then on Monday, the Dodgers are going to the White House.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, second time through as a champ, first time that I get to, you know, come back and be part of all the all the celebrations of the previous year. Of course I missed out and all of that in twenty twenty one, So the White House, I feel like being a Latino and being somewhat of a fan favorite.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 6: It was kind of a loose lose situation for me in terms of the White House. If I was here in twenty twenty one, maybe my decision would have maybe possibly been easier, but you know the fact that I was in here, I need to be selfish and and put myself and myself before anything else. I understand that that I'm a role model and I'm you know, I'm supposed to be a leader in the Latino community, but at the same time. You know, as a little kid, you see the World Series champ or NBA Finals champ, all the you know, NHL, all these major sports. You know, they win the they win the title, and they go to the White House, and you know, this is one of the things as a little kid when you dream about winning the World Series, you know, you put yourself in those situations. And here we are in the present moment and a decision that is not not really easy at all. But you know, I've decided that I'm going to go to the White House just because we are celebrating as a team and we have a really a good thing going on, and I feel like if I say no, that kind of becomes a distraction, not only for myself, but for my teammates. I don't want to have any of my teammates have to answer questions to the media as to as to why I took a personal decision. So I feel like me going to the White House is definitely not a political thing. It's more of a you know, I'm there to celebrate the title and I'm there to support my teammates. Yeah, I mean I don't want to go back, you know, go ahead twenty years from now and regret my decision of you know, not going to the White House. That's that would have been twice that I miss out onto the opportunity. So, like I said in twenty twenty one, the team got to go, my teammates got to go. I wasn't there because I wasn't part of the team. I missed out on that opportunity. So I'm trying to trying to make sure I don't miss out on anything this year. And you know, I think mixing politics and sports is never a good thing, So I am definitely not making this a political thing. I'm just going to be there for my team. I'm going to be there to support and my teammates, not anybody else. And uh probably that's part of my reason why I'm going.
Speaker 8: No doubt, La loves you, key K. Puerto Rico loves you. That will never change. So you don't have to worry about that. You just have to look good and be yourself wherever the Dodgers go.
Speaker 6: Well, those are two things that I tend to be good at. Looking good and be myself. Be myself as something I pride on each and every day regardless of where I'm at, And uh, who knows. Maybe I'll pull a k a kek stunt at the White House.
Speaker 8: Be on your toes. You never know what he might have in his back pocket. Love you, Key K And like I said, LA will never change how they feel about you.
Speaker 1: Uh.
Speaker 8: You leave it all out on the field. You wear your heart on your sleeve and that's something that we all appreciate.
Speaker 6: Thank you, Dave, I appreciate you there.
Speaker 8: He is the man, Key k Hernandez. Today's starting first basement. We'll send it back to you in the studio.
Speaker 2: Tim all right, thank you, DV. Thank you. Kei Khead on a swivel. Dodgers Baseball is brought to you by Shakey's Pizza Parlor, the official pizza partner. The Dodgers audio broadcast went into game day. It's a group day at Shaky's dot Com leading you have to first pitch Dodgers and Phillies times deeper to this pitching matchup. Next, I'm Tim Kass, World Champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: This is Marongo Casino Dodgers on Tech on your home for the blue all season long.
Speaker 2: It's a Dodgers and Phillies on this Saturday afternoon game two of this three games sent from Citizens Big Park. First pitch coming up at one oh.
Speaker 1: Five, and now before the Dodgers hit the dining we look at the pitching matchup.
Speaker 2: Present about your Southern California Toyota dealers work hard and play hard at Tacoma with an I Force turbo charged engine. It's a truck built for the Bowl. See your Toyota dealer today. They make it easy. Aaron Nola oh in one with an eight to forty four ERA on the mountd for the Phillies, thirty one year old right hand or eleventh season the Big League's all with the Phillies. He is climbing the leaderboard as far as the Phillies all time leading pitch leader fourth and strikeout six and starts seventh and wins and tenth in innings pitch last time out five and a third, innings, five runs, six hits, two home runs, eight strikeouts in a loss to the Nationals. In his career against the Dodgers, he is three and two the four to twenty nine ERA and eleven starts but seventy four strikeouts. Roki Sasaki on the mound for the Dodgers, twenty three year old right hander first season from Japan, the thirteenth Japanese born player to wear a Dodger uniform. Making his third start this season. He got to start in Tokyo against the Cubs when three Indians allowed one run on three hits, but walked five in throwing fifty six pitches. Last time out against the Tigers and inning in two thirds, gave up two runs on three hits, walked four in that sixty one pitch outing, so he's walked nine in his first two He's looking to get control of his command here in his third start this season against the Phillies. We're fifteen minutes away from first pitch. Keys to the game. Our next, I'm Tim Kasey's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: As we were saying, this is Marongo Casino Dodgers on deck on the official home of La Dodgers Baseball.
Speaker 2: Dodgers and Phillies, Game two of this three game weekend set, first East Coast roadshop of the year for the Blue After this weekend, they head to the White House and three game series against the Washington Nationals Monday, Tuesday Wednesday. Rookie Sasaki and Aaron Nola the pitching matchup. First pitch coming up at one oh five. Let's go ahead back to the booth right now, Tim never Rick Monday, guys, Tim, thank you.
Speaker 3: Overcast here in Philly. We expect it throughout the game. The wind caused some issues during the game last night, could cause some more this afternoon. Rain doesn't seem to be in the forecast, although it is in the area. As Aaron Nola gets set to throw, he's on one with an eight to forty four ERA. It didn't do very well in his opener this season against the Washington Nationals, but he does have the seventh most wins in Phillies franchise history and the fourth most strikeouts at seventeen hundred and eighty seven. He's a veteran. The Dodgers feel they can get to him, and they have in recent years.
Speaker 4: And I think one of the keys, the big key, is not to expand the strike zone. I say that because Nola has a very, very good curve ball. He throws a lot of breaking pitches. In fact, he gets a high chase rate on the breaking pitches. You look at last year the highest chase rate of any starter in baseball. With expanding the strike zone on the breaking pitch.
Speaker 3: So Nola with his two hundred and seventieth career start here today. Roki Sasaki with his third major league start, Keith Faroki, you had gotta throw strikes in command the fastball.
Speaker 4: Have to throw strikes. He's faced twenty six batters is old. In those two other starts. He's issued nine walks, and his strike percentage is about twenty points lower than what the league averages.
Speaker 3: And he's induced enough soft contact. He doesn't give up a lot of hard hits at this point in time. And when he throws the split, well he's got a fifty percent with rate on that. But we'll see how he does today. It's a big start Paroki Sasaki after two subpar starts in his first two outings as a Dodger. Phillies Dodgers, Game two, first pitch, right around the corner, Tim all Right.
Speaker 2: First pitch is coming up. When it's all over, David Vassi has got you covered with all the postgame festivities in Dodger Talk as well and joint rookies Osaki Aaron Nola Dodgers Phillies Next. I'm Tim Kase's World champion Los Angeles Dodgers Audio Network