Speaker 1: Meaning a live man like this man letting butterfly flapping.
Speaker 2: And wing big down in the forest. Man, it gonna cause the tree fold, letting five thousand miles away. Man, you nobody see it. Nobody. You don't need to know. Man, you follow this story and you got backed like that.
Speaker 3: Win man go black and dang on panema Man, Man, you don't matter. Manka All right, logan Hole, Welcome to Jay Burden Show.
Speaker 1: How you doing? Then?
Speaker 2: Thank you for having me? I'm good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, dude. So obviously I'm familiar with who you are in your work, but my audience might not be. So who do you are and what do you do?
Speaker 2: So? I am a digital strategist for the Blaze. I do a little bit of everything over there, posting on platform, you know. I write when I feel like I have something kind of original to say. I help with some of the marketing. I do a little bit of everything. But at heart, I'm just a patriot who loves America and cares about the country. So, and I was, I was gonna say, I was wondering. I was like, this guy is having on all of right wing Twitter except for me on his show. So I'm glad to finally be here. Thank you for having me.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Man, it's kind of funny. And there have been multiple of these where someone's like, hey, haven't you talked to him yet? And my response will be like, yeah, I talked to him two years ago, and I'll look at it that never happened. I just assumed that I did, because surely I wouldn't have missed this obvious person al on my show. Look in my defense, my scheduling is whatever I write down on paper. Hey, so the system is not airtight. There are is you have no doubt seen in planning this. There are some errors every once in a while. But yeah, man, I'm really excited to have you on. So one of the and I've been thinking about this because you know, we're kind of approaching the end of the year, and I think that there are sort of several identifiable trends, you know, that we can consider to be kind of prototypical for the year. And I think one of the most concerning, one of the ones i've you know, think is the most dramatic change is that effectively all taboos around political violence are gone, at least if you're on the political left. We obviously saw, you know, kind of an earlier version of this during the rise of Antifa, you know, during you know, the first Trunt presidency, and then certainly over you know, the fiery but mostly peaceful Summer of Love. But there's been a major ramping up in both the complexity and the degree of violence. Obviously, we don't alcilate based off of the target, and you know, some other details we don't know. So I'm curious, man, what do you make of this sort of disturbing rise in political violence.
Speaker 2: I think, I mean, I obviously think it's frightening. I after the Charlie Kirk assassination, I think that the right was very unified, even among like what would usually be called like the squishes and like the typical kind of like Republican establishment. Of course, like right wing right wing people were more they already understood what time it was. I think this was like a wake up call for a lot of the normies so called uh and and kind of the establishment, and everyone was unified. There were there was a period like two or three weeks, I think at least maybe a month where everyone's like, okay, time to like set aside disagreements. We have to fight the enemy, and we have to understand like the enemy is the left. And what ended up happening. I don't know if this was because people had too high of expectations, or if they kind of just wanted to move on from the news cycle or change direction. But what happened was they got even more like they just started like after about that month, they just started really really kind of attacking each other and deciding not to be united, not to be like, Okay, our enemy is the left. They turned their guns inward, and every faction this so I'm not saying like one or the other whatever, But and then all these bizarre conspiracy theory, conspiracy theories. You know, I'm not one to crap on conspiracy theorists, but all these bizarre things about how Charlie Kirk died and and everything else started rising to the top and taking over the conversation, and and I think we lost focus, and this was, uh, this was very unhelpful. I think Scott Greer had a good piece that like, it looked like this was going to be bad for the left, and actually it ended up kind of really hurting the right because I think a lot of people did not recognize how much of the glue Charlie was holding this whole thing together.
Speaker 1: And and so.
Speaker 2: Again, you know, I have my criticisms of you know, I love Trump. I'm a big Trump guy. I'm a big bag of guy. But and maybe our on our expectator, like I said, maybe our expectations were a little unrealistic.
Speaker 1: But I.
Speaker 2: Think people were expecting to see some big crackdown on the left. The you know, I've seen like they did the Antifa designating it as a terrorist organization and whatever else. And I understand that these things take time, and so I'm still holding out hope, but I think people were were wanting an immediate crackdown on the left, kind of like in the vein of what they did to January sixth protesters and everything else. And that's just not what happened. And so immediately people started saying turning their guns inward and start saying, oh, we have to attack this group or that group on the right, and it kind of just turned into a debacle actually, like they took out our most like literally our most influential person, especially among the youth, and then we kind of just decided to throw up our hands and like kind of attack each other and destroy ourselves over it. It's just not the signs of a healthy movement. And so, you know, as that crackdown did not come, or it hasn't come yet, we are seeing more and more of this stuff arise up. That Brown University thing is the whole situation there is crazy. The police have no idea. I mean, the shooter is still gone. We wouldn't have even had Charlie Kirk shooter if his own family didn't turn him in. You know, it's like, why are we living in this It's like a kind of a police state where like the cameras and surveillance are supposed to be everywhere, but we can't get like a shooter that's targeting an Ivy League university or something. I don't know, but it's it's very worrying. I think I think the left. I saw Matt Walsh make a good point today too that if the most prominent leftists in America was like killed on camera, there would have been under a Democrat administration, there would have been immediate, immediate crackdowns. And I think like people on our side, there is some reasonable criticism like oh, you're not gonna You're just like you're never going to get mass arrests of leftists. And that might be true, that might be like a good and unreasonable expectation, but something has to change. Uh, you cannot have this environment where conservatives are afraid or worried that they are going to go out in public and speak their minds and be targeted, potentially targeted with violence, and nothing's going to have happened. You know that there has to be in a political system. You there has to be if you're going to be loyal to the Republican Party or the GOP or whatever, there has to be some level of protection that they provide to their people, Right, But I think I think some people don't feel like that's that's all there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well one hundred percent. It's like, look like politics is transactional. Ultimately, it's like, hey, what are you going to do for me? Like we can church it up. But that's really what it comes down to. And you know, all of the things we've been getting out of the administration have been great, right that Obviously the immigration stuff is huge. There are things that are were much needed. But fundamentally, it's like, well, if you can't guarantee my security, what are we doing here? Right? Because that's very that is the base of you know, Maslow's hierarchy of needs. They've heard of it before, Oh yeah, And I think that additionally, one of the other things about this is the the incentive creates. Effectively, we have reinforced the message that political violence works. You can, you know, sacrifice one guy maybe you know, at least in some situations he seems to be able to get away and you will throw the other side into chaos. Right, there'll be a squabble for that role that he used to have, which I mean, I'm not trying to be overly cynical here, but I do think that's a lot of the infighting. That TPUSA is a giant platform with a whole lot of money behind it, and so I think it's a fight for who gets to control that money and that influence, at least on some level. And you see this in how many people have thrown their hat in the ring to replace Charlie Kirk, which I mean, I don't know, guys, if you're accepting auditions, you know, I wouldn't mind two hundred and fifty million dollars. I'll you know, be generous enough to take it. But in all seriousness, right, Like, what we've effectively taught the radical left is that you can do this, and you know you'll have to sacrifice a guy. He'll have to face consequences, but you basically get what you want. You get to throw the other side into chaos, you get to take out one of their key players on the board, and yeah, sure there's a sort of a typhoon in a teacup. You know, people get really upset about it for a little bit, but once that's done, that's done, and the state of play is basically exactly the same. One of the interesting elements of this, I think, and I'm not sure if you've seen it, is this sort of like kind of smirking face of you know, the Kirk assassin right now that he's been brought into court. Because one of in my mind, the sort of open questions of the post twenty sixteen but really the post twenty twenty era is basically what is the left wings role for young men, particularly young white men. That sort of an open question for a while, like how can you be on side for a little bit, it seemed like you could be this sort of like dirtbag leftist Bernie bro Thing that's been sort of pushed out. Then there was the kind of debate bro streamer archetype that you could be that guy, but that's sort of fading in prominence and they've been replaced by it bizarre gaggle of transsexuals, and so ultimately it's like, well, you can do that, like that's one way you can join the coalition, But it seems as if the other way is you can kill someone, like that's what you can do to sort of be immortalized, you know. Aaron Bushnell, like I let himself on fire is sort of another example. I don't think that's a great deal. I don't think a lot of people are going to take them up on it. But nonetheless, you do see a lot of these like deranged losers basically looking for glory, and when they are assured that they will be given that, they have at least some chance of getting away with it, and that is how you will win social approval. I don't know, man, that's a very dangerous situation. Do you see what I'm outlining there?
Speaker 2: Logan one hundred percent. Yeah. Luigi Mangioni was kind of a part of this phenomenon too, where the left kind of ended up, uh, just immortalizing this guy because he took out Healthcare CEO and their big thing is supposed to be healthcare, which I don't necessarily think that's true, but you're you're completely right, Yeah, that is. That is a very dangerous thing to do. But they they've been doing this for a while. You know, the left actually ends up rewarding their radicals. You can commit terrorism, literal terrorism, and the left will eventually, you know, if you make it out of the Core proceedings and go to prison for a little while or whatever, they hold you up as an intellectual. You are a part of their your you're advancing the revolution. Right, they did this with the Weather Underground people that if you commit literal terrorism, you will become You'll you'll you'll be invited, you'll be welcomed into the fold, You'll be awarded with sinecures and political positions, and they'll get you a book deal. They truly do reward their radicals, and this is one of the main differences. You know, I'm not saying that the Republican Party or the right needs to copy this strategy necessarily, but if you're punishing anyone to the right of like William F. Buckley, per se, and you're saying, like, you know, Pap Buchanan was. It's a little bit tougher for them to do this too now in the age of like digital and social media, But back then they effectively excise Sam Francis and Pap Buchanan from the movement and they're like, you guys can go, you guys can go like write at your weird little like newspapers and whatever, but you are not going to have any professional standing within the party and within the movement. And so this is this is the result of this is that the country and all of politics, all of our political conversation always moves to the left. It always moves to the left because if one side is always rewarding, always advancing their revolutionaries professionally, politically, and if one side is always punishing, they're not even revolutionaries. But just like people who held the same opinions that like an American from like the early nineteen hundreds held, then you are you are an outcast. And this is part of the issue within and this is this is part of the larger debate. I would argue within like the Republican and conservative and right wing is where do we draw that line? But also like you can't just you're not going to cancel these people, like we're done with that, if you That's one of the weirdest things too, is like, oh, we're against like cancel culture and whatever until it's time to destroy like someone who goes off the reservation a little bit. It's very weird.
Speaker 1: Well, and in the immortal words of uh, you know Mark Levin, Hell, yeah, we canceled jo so Soberin.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Uh, you know, he may he may have a different opinion on any number of issues than you know, me or my guest here. But point is right, you're one hundred percent right about that trend line. If you are constantly purging yourself according to the moral precepts of your alleged enemies, where do you think that will bring you? It isn't to fighting them harder, it's to being more like them. Uh. I have an unfinished piece. It'll probably come out roughly at the same time as this uh this episode. Uh talking about a piece that Day French wrote in the New York Times and is a David French piece. It's not very good. And when he's basically doing yeah, yeah, I know, I feel I feel a little dirty for doing this, Like I can't help myself. You know. It's like you know, an alcoholic you know, has a bad day and starts hitting the bottle. It's like for me, it's like, oh, David French wrote something new. But point is, you know, he has this whole he has this you know, this argument where he basically is is kind of molding about being called gay by a bunch of like magazoomers three years ago and is still upset about it. Uh. And he talks about, you know, like the fact that you know, the core complaint of you know that what he calls the new right is that things are getting worse and they have gotten to such a state that we need to abandon the kind of legacy conservative movement, their way of going about things. And he says that that is, you know, that's wrong, that's you know, things are actually getting much better, and that really the problem is people are just upset about nothing. You know, the algorithm made them mad. And look like there are a couple of problems here, which is one, like things have gotten pretty rough, Like we've mentioned there's been a spate of you know, left wing political violence, and we mentioned the assassinations, this brown shooting, which we don't know but we can suspect. But also like, look like there were like twelve guys who like set up an L shaped ambush outside of an ice center in Texas, Like that's kind of that. That is unprecedented in recent history. Things like that didn't used to happen. This is setting aside immigration. This is a setting aside the job prospects for young white guys after twenty fifteen. There are many measurable ways and which you can say, like, look like things aren't doing well. And again, you know, the assumption is ultimately that because of you know, the GDP, because of you know, the market price of a flat screen television, or you know, your life expectancy when you have terminal cancer, not only is the state of America positive, but by extension, ultimately left wing political goals are legitimate. That is the purpose of the conservative movement to do those same things. And so, and I'm picking on Friendship particular because he's fun to pick on, but there are many people in this It's like, well, look, man, if you agree with them, and we really dig down to it, if you believe that the past is horribly and irredeemably tainted that you know, we just need to go into this future of extending you know, more and more privileges to democratic client groups, like like you can just join their party, like and just go all the way. You know, you don't have to have this sort of embarrassing you know, halfway position, one foot in each door. And I think that you know that sort of you know, con inc as Paul Godfried would say it, right is truly the people who I, almost more than anyone else, have grown to detest in all of this because again, right, like, the consequences for you know, refusing to bend the knee are dramatic. The reaction that I and many other people on the more radical end politics had towards the assassination of Charlie Kirk was an initial shock, like, wait him, like, he's the he's the fascist because you know, from a relatively more right word perspective, he looked very moderate. And then you're thinking, well, wait a minute, if he's a Nazi and we shoot Nazis, it's what you do. Well, one, what does that make me? And who what does that make everyone else? Right, people who are either between me and Kirk are between me and Chairman Mao, like what does that make them? And the answer is apparently right for political assassination, let alone the kind of direct threats of prosecution leveled towards the Trump administration. Right, We're gonna send hag Seth to the Hague. Trump will go to jail. And if this is the consequence, one, clearly things are not going well in America. That would seem to be a negative indicator. But also like what if this is supposedly an existential threat. Your career will be over, You'll be in jail, you might be dead. Like where's the lack of action coming from? Because I would assume, even just off of selfish you know, motivations, you would say, well, I don't want to go to jail. How do I make that not happen? Or I don't want to be shot? How do I keep that from happening? And I see from a lot of the conservative movement a lack of even just basic self preservation you'd expect out of like a c slug or something.
Speaker 2: Yes, no, absolutely, And kind of going back to a little bit of what we're talking about, what happens is the Republicans, like the David French's for instance. They they are allowed a spot at or at least you know, for a while, they're allowed a spot at National Review or The New York Times or whatever else. So he understands that moving to the left and saying, Okay, my job is like to hate red America. I'm never going to be like an MSNBC. It might be a guest or something, but I'm like, my job is to sit there and crap on red America. The Democrats do not have this sort of arrangement. The Democrats if the minute that you get out of line, that like someone like Tulci Gabbert for instance, the minute that they get out of line, they're like, you are gone. RFK Junior. The guy's freaking family is they were before Obama. They were the Democrat prominent, premier Democrat family, like they were the ones who every Democrat in America be like, we love the Kennedys, we love that, we love Ted, we love He was called the line of the Senate after he literally killed a woman and they they did not. They were like, oh, this is this is terrible and professional behavior. Now maybe he won't be president, but he'll be in the Senate for like forty years, and we'll keep him in a prominent position within the part. The moment that you step off the reservation there, the moment you like starts being like, Okay, maybe we don't need to just like advance this permanent revolution thing. They get you out, okay. And what happens is the Republicans do the exact same thing, except in reverse. So if you don't hold the same opinions that a lot of the that would be respectable at the New York Times or like make you be able to appear on MSNBC as a guest, they're like, Okay, this person is a little bit wacky. We're going to have to like purds to them. Make sure they don't have professional employment, they don't have advancement. So it's it's just it's it's literally crazy. And what happens is even Hillary Clinton's views from fifteen years ago, ten years ago, Barack Obama, his views from ten or fifteen years ago are unacceptable in today's Democrat party. So this is what it's just, it's always even like and and then the Republicans the conservatives say, yeah, you know what, you're right, Barack Obama and Hillary Clinton opposed gay marriage. You know what, we're gonna, We're gonna h But now they love it, so now it's time for us to adopt that position as well. It's it's it's crazy. I don't know. I think social media is starting to in the rise of podcasting and sort of the the death of legacy media is starting to change this where people are like whoahoa, whoa. I I am not on Like, I don't want I don't care about what people on MSNBC think. I'm gonna have my own opinions, in my own views, and like that's my right as an American. But again, and when people start getting a little bit like Charlie Kirk started to he had a change too, and he started to move a little bit to the right. And as soon as you do that, as soon as you someone with like prominence like that starts to move a little bit like drift from Okay, I these aren't opinions you'll ever hear on the New York Times or MSNBC. He's a threat the people, the old like who we're talking about, the David Frenches of the world. They're like you said, they're numerous of these people that still are pretty well entrenched in conservative politics. The moment that you kind of get away from that, they the left is like, okay, this is a target. This is someone who is not is not someone that we can just like welcome into our coalition to crap on red America anymore.
Speaker 1: Well, and the thing is that, look, we've run this playbook over and over again. It's not like, you know, the secret has just been discovered. You know that if you play, if you play to the center constantly, you know, if you adopt, you know, the liberal values of ten years ago, if you know vainly try you know, election after election to appeal to demographics that vote against you, you know, ninety three to seven, right to quote the results of win some series in a recent election. It's not like you do that, and that's the silver bullet. You get it, you get into power forever. We've been trying this for generations, longer than you or I have been alive, and it doesn't it doesn't yield a victory. And many people, you know, many of the new reactionary as well as others, have pointed out the fact that effectively the Republican Party doesn't actually exist to win right, it's it's they are the fail sons of the political order. They exist so that guys in the Republican Party get to be this sort of like Retardo Baron of backwater America, and they get to enrich themselves and they get to stay in power for a long time and you know, become multimillionaires more than that, and they get to be respected, and they still get to go to all of the same parties and that's it. It's an easy deal and nothing is really expected of them. And we've seen that change a little bit, right, you know, sell you about Trump, but he has introduced the concept of winning into the mind of the American conservative, which, if nothing else, Man, we got to give him an award for that, because that was that was all of the lesson But nonetheless, right, you mentioned earlier the kind of protection racket offered by politics. Right, effectively, what are you getting in exchange for your support? And for a very long time, the political formula of the Republican Party was basically, well, we'll leave you alone for as long as we're in power. We won't ruin your life. And okay, that's certainly better than having your life ruined, you know, given a binary choice, but that is not the same deal offered to shall we say, other interest groups, right, offered to other you know, clients of the regime. You know, for instance, you have this guy out of Portland too, you know, crazy homeless drug addicts. Right. I'm not gonna pretend to either. One of these guys are upstanding citizens. But you know there's an altercation. You know, a dusky gentleman stabs a white guy and after being stabbed, the guy who has got a knife in him uses a racial epithet right for black Americans, which you know, I'm not gonna morally excuse, but like, the guy's been stabbed, you know, clearly this is not a great moment for him. You know, it's not like a premeditated hard r you know, full eye contact and everything. Yeah, but this this stabber has been let go. The jury equits him because of that detail. Right, It was sort of this like you know, pre crime. You know, he he knew in his heart that he was racist and stabbed him and it confirmed it. But look like that's an incredible piece of patronage there. If you're a client of the regime, you can stab someone and you can get away with it. We've seen this in other cases as well, right the you know, the the whole you know, this whole sort of affirmative action apparatus, you know, disparate impact. All of these are basically rewards offered for your loyalty. And you look at you know, what has been offered, and basically we're looking at sort of a civilizational dispossession. You know, it's kind of slow marched over seventy years, and you start to say like, well, wait a minute, this is possible. I see other people getting something, so why not me? And you see this sort of fury from the kind of conservatives or yes of yesteryear, you know, the old the old true neo cons you know, Crystal and French and others who basically want to put that genie back in the bottle to say like, well, why can't we go back to the good old days where I didn't have to do anything that was a lot more fun. And when I say I didn't have to do anything, I'm not saying that. You know, the people currently empower the you know, the the Maga block, whatever you wanna call it, are like the best political actors possible. But to say I think that is an interesting an interesting change is sort of how nakedly political many things have become where it's not necessarily like we're resorting and it still happens, but to kind of this like you know, high minded idealism, it's a lot more of like, well, what's in it for me? I don't necessarily think that is a sign of a healthy culture, but it is where we are. And I think it's interesting to watch those kind of you know, country club conservative types grapple with that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, and I, uh, I will say, just with your last part there, I am a huge golfer, so I love I have nothing, but I understand the uh the that that is just kind of a way to talk about them. But I love the country club conservatives. I would say, I would say, actually, this might be a little bit controversial, but country clubs are like one of the last places in America where you have a selective process of who gets to come in. That's like almost lost everywhere else. So you know, it doesn't have like diversity quotas at you like, your local country club is not like you have to let in like a certain amount of like X number of people every year. It's like no, you can actually just like let in some like respectable members of the community or people who are willing to pay their way in and show off good behavior and whatever else. I understand. I didn't mean to take that much issue with that, I understand. I just I wrote an article specifically about this, so I wanted to kind of get a shameless plug in there. But but no, you're right that the main question that we're kind of getting at is what do I receive in return for my loyalty to the Republican Party, And it's a lot less than what Democrats get. Now, I think, like you said, Trump kind of has broken that open a little bit because he's one of the few people like he's like, hey, drink COVID. Let's like send out like one time stimulus. Let's just as like give people money and say, like, you know, you get your check, and then it says from President Donald J. Trump, you know that's a that's a form of patronage that like the Republicans are would typically not usually be on board with. Same with what he's talking about with Obamacare and healthcare, He's like, I want the money to go directly to the people. This is like a very populous thing, right, This is like kind of what separates him from some of the other Republicans, where he's like, I am willing to give you something in return, even if if even if it's just a small, like monetary stipend. He's like, here is what you get. You vote for me, you get X number of dollars. You'll get these Trump savings accounts. That's another big thing.
Speaker 1: Like I have.
Speaker 2: A son on the way, my wife's our first son. My wife's do it in February, and I now have access to this like government program where my child is born, I get a thousand The Treasury Department will deposit one thousand dollars into a savings account for my retirement account for my son. And that's like, you know, that's not necessarily like a traditional Republican thing, but as like someone who you know understands you need to get you know, as much ahead as you can before you enter the workforce. That's a good thing. You know, I'll be able to sign my kid up for that. It's like that that's a form of patronage, right, And so I think Trump is somewhat changing this this mindset, like but again and it's still woefully, woefully short of what the Democrats get for their loyalty.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: It's literally like, if you go vote Democrat, we pay you. And it's it's also tough to This is part of the issue with patronage too, is because the Democrats are always going to promise more and and so I think we have to be like practical in the way we do it. But even just offering like hey, you're going to have basic security would go a long way. But you know, you'll have safe streets in America. You can walk in a city and not have to be worried about getting stabbed or your murderer being let off because you used a racial slur after you got literally stabbed.
Speaker 1: You know, Like.
Speaker 2: It seems like there there are some forms of this that could be just so simple. And you know, I think Trump's trying to He's trying to do that too, but you can only do so much. Like you know, he's trying to send some of the National Guard to the cities and whatever else. I think all the cities probably need that, but that's probably another discussion. But he's I think he is changing it for the better. I just it's going to be interesting to see where this goes, because it does seem like there's a coordinated effort to reinstall the kind of politics where you tell Republicans like the slow burn that you're talking about, like you're going to lose your society, but we'll do it a little bit slower. And I think I think that mindset is hopefully changing. It's certainly changed among a lot of young people, I think.
Speaker 1: Well, and I think that that's that's what's incredibly frustrating. And I mentioned it with win some Earl series, but we're seeing it currently with the Indian diaspora, which is the way that conservatives and will bend over backwards to try and appeal for groups which vote against the met dramatic rate. So for instance, Uh, you know, Rod Dreyer had a piece out a while ago. What I heard in d C Uh it was also not very good. Uh, it's funny. It's funny, Logan, you're sort of getting the citations for every article I've written in the last three months, but you know six of my brain the where you know, he he's quoting this unnamed you know, uh, Republican staffer right as we were assured a young person of color. Uh you can figure it out. Uh, But basically this kid is saying. He's like, oh, well, like, you know, the problem with these you know, new you know, radical right wingers is that they're you know, they're abandoning you know, these these you know outreaches to you know, groups like the Indian diaspora, who he describes as you know, natural conservatives. And he says, don't you know in the last election, almost forty percent of them voted for Trump. So we've got to keep doing that. We've got to keep appealing to them, to keep bringing more of them. And look, man, I'm not a quant but uh is not more than half. It's actually a little bit less. So that is a losing game, especially because again talking about things we've done over and over and over again, this idea of you know, the soo so called you know, quote unquote natural conservative often just deployed by group Bro.
Speaker 2: I promise this time they're gonna they're gonna help us. I swear yes.
Speaker 1: And it's like, look like, certainly, you know Hispanics, especially if they've sort of you know, been around longer, have moved towards the center. But still it's not the majority dramatically so and so it's especially frustrating when it seems as if you know, the conservative the right is is loathe to handout patronage when it is a group that actually supports them, a group that actually votes for them. And you know, by large numbers, I think, next to Black Americans, white American evangelicals are the most monolithic voting group, right, the bull, the lone bull exactly. And so it's like, well, okay, like you seemingly can can throw money around, you can, you know, like Greg Abbott sort of wheel yourself into a dwale and you know you can do that for them, who again vote against you roughly you know, sixty forty seventy thirty depending on what sort of election it is, but still majority. But for your guys, right, the guys that put you there, that sort of effort is is absent. And I think that, you know, particularly as we sort of head towards a like majority minority society, absence some dramatic change. It's like the idea and you see this again echoed by many of the very very good conservatives, a lot of them actually who attack you guys over at the Blaze, you know, one Jimbo Lindsey as well as others, you know, it's this idea that oh, no, you know, we're the right is embracing identity politics just like the left. Isn't that horrible? They've gone woke? And the problem with that is, like, look, man, like everyone else is playing identity politics. And there are two solutions to that, which is one either you know, you say, all right, turn about his fair play, or h you remove identity from consideration in politics there is only one identity in the polity.
Speaker 2: Which, ironically, I am sure ironically it's also a lot easier to do that when you have a homogeneous country, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Well, And that's that's that's what I'm saying, right, either that or you create a homogeneous country. And I'm quite sure that our former massage therapist friend and others are not advocating for that right full total remigration. And so to me, that's one of those other things where I almost view that as sort of an inevitable kind of the physics of politics like that, that it's sort of a you know, like a social technology, right, like once some person discovers it becomes the new way you play. Like I don't know if you ever I'm not a huge gamer, but you know, I played a.
Speaker 2: Lot of Uh, that's that's terrible.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I played a lot of fighting games in high school and college, and there's sort of this power creep as for as long as a game is around, right where like when it first comes out, you play it like how you're supposed to play it, and then people very quickly discover exploits, Like in the the Super Smash Brothers series, there's this mechanism called wave dashing where you can kind of like you know, mess with the buttons and shoot across the screen. And then once that's discovered, once that's discovered, that's just how you play. And if you don't play that way, you were going to lose forever. And so look, identity politics isn't quite the same because that's just how politics works. But ultimately, this kind of like nakedly racialized politics, like it was an effective tool. One party figured it out, and the two options were either stop existing as a political force, which is just not how it happens, uh, or revolve. And so so many of these people who I see is kind of like sticks in the MUDs, you know, whining about like the you know, the resurgence of like quote unquote identity politics. It's like, well, if you didn't want that to happen, there was a time and place for that to be headed off at the past. It's well and truly past that. It is sort of the the nature of the beast. And I am kind of curious how long the National Review set will hold on because genuinely, I do not know who their audience is. It doesn't seem to be liberals. They don't seem to like them. Their own base I think at this point has fully and totally discarded them. So is it just that, like there's a bunch of money sitting in the trust account, they keep getting their paychecks paid in the audio and the newspapers read by nobody. Is that just the answer? Yeah?
Speaker 2: I think that's part of the issue, is like we have and you will like understand we the Republican Party does have patronage, but it's for people who exist to not represent Republican voters. That's the that's like the issue, right, Like this is part of the problem is that you have think tanks. I lived and worked in DC for like probably like three three and a half years when I was young, and it's you know, it's a great experience. It's good for young people, but for me, it created this just huge disillusionment because you meet people and you're like, what is your job? You know, like that's just kind of a small talk at like a you know, at cocktail hour or whatever, and you talk with them and they're number one. They don't really have any beliefs. It's like they don't they don't have any Like it's like, oh, yeah, I'm like from like Maryland or Virginia or whatever. They don't really have a lot of beliefs. And then also a ton of them are just like not from they don't have that love for Red America that a lot of like they view their their role as being what is acceptable within the liberal order. Right, they kind of know that they're there too, Oh well, well you know, we're here for the mid terms, or we're here to like be a consultant for this, like for winsome Seers, or like for this this conservative Somalian in Minnesota, right, And it's like they operate they're so kind of captured by the system. It's like, well, what about like the guy in West Virginia who like it lives in like rural nowhere West Virginia and like he thinks you're representing him. Here are you representing his? Like does he have any representation in Washington, DC? I don't think so. But this is sort of the issue. And and when you're talking about it, like the identity politics thing with mass democracy, like it is a numbers game. And if you start doing this like mass democracy plus mass immigration, and you think that you're not going to get identity politics, that's like you are. That's more absurd than like, you know, people who believe in Bigfoot are less like and I, you know, I believe in Bigfoot. But aside the point people who believe in Bigfoot.
Speaker 1: My favorite Republican Republican ever, Denver Riggleman, bigfoot believer. But no point is you're you're one hundred percent correct because like look like you know, much like a fighting game or whatever, it's a system and ultimately you're playing within certain constraints and systems will be optimized. And so as you've said, if you combine mass migration and mass democracy, all of a sudden, you've got a win button and you can just keep pressing that button forever, especially if you have what and sorry for you know, tarnishing you by using poor language, but the retardedest idea ever birthright citizenship, and so you combine that and it's like, oh, well, you can just literally invite everyone here, wait for someone to get pregnant, and bam, you have a new patron. You're rather yeah, just as American as anyone else, as Ben Shapiro actually today has has told me that, you know, it's all.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I keep going, no, no, finish that thought.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The vakroate a piece today in the New York Times too that said, what is an American? It says anyone who believes in the creed and anyone who does it the right way and gets citizenship is just as American as a mayflower.
Speaker 1: To send it, I feel like there's some motivated reasoning for our young biotechnical founder. I'll leave it at that. Yeah, obviously it's it's completely totally disingenuous, and I think that that is you know, really, I think that sort of one of the start questions, and this has been going around really for a lot this year, which is like, Okay, who is an American matters? But also what is the purpose of America as a country? Like what you doing here because you have wildly different takes and it's like, well, you know, I have a relatively constrained vision of that which I think is a home for Americans to them to live. You know, I don't know, crucify me, I guess, but like generally it actually is when you compare it to ideas even from the nominal conservative movement, as you mentioned with Favek, right, if America is simply something that you can repeat to yourself three times in the mirror and then you're American, it's like, well, okay, like one, well can't they just do that over there and be just as American? And surely that's the secret formula to making whatever that place is nice? You know, they just become Americans. Oh great, awesome.
Speaker 2: It's if it's an idea, why can't they do it anywhere else?
Speaker 1: And we know why, we know exactly why, because that is a tactical move right, that is to get you to you know, let your let your arm, your guard down so they can do what they wanted to. And again, like that's why I think again it's so funny to watch the kind of like like of the you know, the good conservatives, you know, people who are maybe involved in IDW or whatever, because that idea of the propositional nation. It's really the only people who sincerely believed it were American conservatives acting as sort of Charlie Brown running up to the football again and again and again. And you have a you know, a small splinter group basical saying like, hey, man, look like we've fallen flat on our back like thirty times. I think it might happen again. Yeah, And you have Charlie Brown kind of looking up from his back be like, no, this time, it'll work, guys. And it's like it's funny to be because darkly right. Obviously it's sort of a you know, a depressing thing, but it's like, genuinely the only people who actually believe those sort of liberal promites are like deeply unfashionable conservatives. The progressive left obviously doesn't you know, they say that just to do what they want, but they know it's not true. And it's sort of like the one person in the world who still believes in Santa Claus, but he's like thirty and you're like, guys, come on, like, sorry, I guess it's good. I should be bad talking Sanna. I feel like I shouldn't. But you know what I mean, if you're eight years old.
Speaker 2: This BLUs to Christmas, it's not good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I have teptic faith, but you know what I mean, right, someone who is held on to it an obviously absurd belief well past that point. And in the case of Shapiro and Viveck, there's some motivated reasoning there. We I we can assume that they know what they're doing. But again, it is incredibly irritating to see these sort of like political myths like well past their cell by date still trotted out again and again with the idea that this is the secret formula to winning well.
Speaker 2: And you know, the the reason that this is still popular is because so many of our people, you know, Trump is good at this, like and he has done a lot to advance this, but so many people that are nominally on our side are just afraid to say, like, America is a nation. We have people that built this nation. They've been around here, they have their own way of life. They've been around here for three hundred plus years. They have their own way of life, they have their own culture. And the reason that this is so because they are so afraid of being accused of racism that they cannot say, like, hey, I prefer this like culture of like Evangelical Protestants to like whatever they have going in Somalia. It's like this is it's actually pretty easy to say that, but they're so afraid to like stand up for their own people.
Speaker 1: This is.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of the I'm sure you've seen The Incredibles, the Disney movie, but the the the villain in that movie he says, well, whenever he's like trying to give power to everyone, he says, when everyone's super, no one is. And that's kind of what's happening here. Like if everyone and anyone from anywhere in the world is just as American as like the sons and daughter of the American Revolution, then you've brought the definition down to such a point that it doesn't mean anything anymore, right, And it's like, so you can't quickly I think this is a stupid idea that's also like being repudiated, and nobody really believes anymore except for kind of those idw types and foreigners. But it is one of those things where it's like the fact that it's still around that people that are supposed to be on our side are still saying it is absurd. The other thing I think that you're kind of tapping into and getting at is that America is supposed to be a home for Americans. Well, what you know, I know our friend Orin talks about this a lot, But we are supposed to be a home for Americans and we're supposed to be a sovereign nation. But this is kind of impossible if we are running an empire, which is what we are doing. You know, we have I saw something today like Trump is meeting with the fallen, like fallen troops in Syria, like American troops in Syria. It's like, why do we why do we have troops in Syria? Are we the World police or what? Like what's going on there? I have my gripes about that too. But then like the same thing with Gaza, you know, they're like, oh they have like they have this certain amount of American hostages. It's like if they're American hostages, did they pluck them from our soil? Like did did the Goazains come over here and like pluck them from like Ohio or something? Like why are they why are they all the way over there? If they're American hostages. This is part of the issue is we have diluted the definition so much that people are starting to ask. And this is one of the things that Charlie said too, like a couple months before he died, he said, like, we're gonna have to figure out, like, what is the answer to this question? What is an American? And I sadly I don't think, you know, the Democrats have an answer. Their answer is anyone from anywhere in the world. The rest of the world is just potential undocumented Americans. And the conservatives, you know, the ones who say it's an idea, tend to agree with that. But the ones who don't are starting to ask, like, Okay, are these like Somalians in Minnesota, these ilhan Omar they come in, they clearly hate our country. They're just scamming the welfare system. They don't, They're just here. They see it as an economic zone. They see it as a way to increase the power of their co ethnics at expense of the actual Americans in Minnesota. Are they they have papers, they've got paperwork, they have citizenship. Are they as American as you know, someone who's been in Minnesota for two hundred years their family. I don't know, but I think a lot of people are starting to reject that. But that is kind of the question, and uh, we're gonna have to look upon, uh, some some ancient wisdom, I think to figure it out. Well, certainly.
Speaker 1: And that's sort of another you know, interesting sort of battle waged earlier in the year is over the term you know, who is an American and you know, paperwork American? And I've been reliably informed that that is a phrase, you know, the paper work American, uh, taken from a prominent Austrian painter's book. And that's the only reason anyone cares about it is because they're you know, they're secretly uh, you know, big fans of that guy. Yeah, which is of course a disingenuous barb. But nonetheless, right, that is a very important question because how do you run a society when it is very difficult to determine who actually makes it up?
Speaker 2: Right?
Speaker 1: Like who is under your jurisdiction? Who is your guy? Who do you have to from who?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And if you can't answer that again, it's like, well, okay, like is this even really a country anymore? Or is it just sort of a strip mall with nukes, and like, I don't want that to be the case. I like living in a place I don't have anywhere else to go, and I see other peoples who have that. I see you know, situations where our government is you know, expending their their lives and their treasure to ensure that privilege for others. And so I think it's reasonable to say, well, like, I pay my taxes, I live here, Like should I not get the same level of deference you offered to foreign nations? That seems to me to be sort of a baseline. And again I think that is why, you know, far from you know, simply being algorithms, that so many people, particularly young people, are are sort of upset, even if it's not expressed as cleanly as that, but it's this feeling of dispossession of like, well, like, well, what's mine? What can I give myself too? Because you know, there are very few ways to index with the system, and when that system, as it were, is telling you, you know, you are this sort of fount of evil. You know, you are the reason for all of these problems and nothing is yours. Your one acceptable role is to at best, you know, either trun out or kill someone and you're like, well, that doesn't seem like a good deal. I would like a different one. Like that is why you are seeing the rise of you know, radical politics among young people because and I put every one of those words in scare quotes, but it's like you, ultimately, again, if politics is transactional, when you're giving people a particularly raw deal, they are going to cast around for alternatives. We've seen this on the international stage. Right countries at sort of the fringes of the Empire are starting to look around and saying like wait a minute, like let me click up with China, like maybe with Russia they're offering us a better deal, and like yeah, sure, the great game on the international scale is on one level different. But also, you know, politics is the science of human order, organization, human nature is real, and the same incentives play out, and ultimately, largely the conservative movement has created this incentive. And so when they're whining about it, like oh, why can't we just go back to the good old days, it's like, well, you your why, You're right, there are no longer those good old dates.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: You were complicit, You went along with it, You wrote articles where you referred to you know, drag Queen's Story hour as the Blessings of Liberty, and then you wonder why everyone's like, well, hey, you know, I don't I don't like that guy. I'm doing what he says anymore. It's like, well, no shit, to be brutally honest. But Logan, we're fast coming up on time. Man, it was great to have you on. I'm glad that we finally did it after some scheduling conflict. But dude, where can people find you? Ah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, go follow me on X Logan Clark Hall on there and follow the Blaze.
Speaker 1: Sure thing, man, highly I will drop both of those links there. As far as my stuff, Jaburden Show, Apple, Spotify, YouTube to support me and this is what I do, throw me a few bucks. Get the episodes early in AD free. Check out my sponsor, Axios Remote Fitness Coaching. Logan. It was great to have you on, man. Thank you everyone at home, keep your head up. I can't last forever. Good night,