Speaker 1: Welcome back to EVE Sports Radio. Thursday. How quickly the passes week is movie June the fifth, twenty twenty five. I'm a nervous wreck. Got my golf outing on Monday. The weather doesn't look favorable. I'm upset about it. But it's an outdoor sport and we have to endure. But welcome to EVE Sports Radio. Well numbers five zero two, five seven one seventy nine hundred. That's five zero two five seven one seventy nine hundred. Got Shannon behind the glass. We've got great guests calling in today. Got my younger son, Anthony's on another line. Aunt, how are you now?
Speaker 2: I'm doing great this morning.
Speaker 1: Good good, I'm not aunt. The weather's supposed to be bad on Monday. I'm upset. Anyway, I'll have to turn into a meteologist and work this out. I have to call God. That's what I'm have to do. But and we've got a lot to do today. We've got national news. I'm gonna let you start. We're gonna preface it with this. I want everyone to listen to. You were talking about Niger Kennedy yesterday, the great pitcher that transferred from Stanford to Texas. Take that defeated Oklahoma five or six times in a row softball champions right, and what transpired last night? What happened last night, Anthony, before we play our tape, What did she do that was just unbelievable. No one could believe it.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, something that you wouldn't expect from a player for caliber. Obviously, in their game last night, they were up one l going into the bottom of the six and obviously Text had two outs, two batters on, and she was trying to walk Reese Atwood, which is one of the best hitters.
Speaker 3: She's a catcher.
Speaker 2: They're trying to intentionally walk her. So she threw three balls.
Speaker 3: But the first three she threw.
Speaker 2: They were almost kind of they almost looked like strikes, which kind of threw me off.
Speaker 1: They almost did, they almost did exactly.
Speaker 3: I was like there, I was like, they're a little like they're a little close to be a be a ball.
Speaker 2: And usually in balls like you know do like Bajor League baseball, college baseball, they just stand over.
Speaker 3: To the side away from the play and they throw it.
Speaker 2: Yes, women looked completely different, like the catcher just stood straight up and down right behind the place.
Speaker 3: So the first three. She didn't swing the fourth one.
Speaker 2: I guess Resatte was says she's just gonna go for it and take a risk, and she swung and she hit it and she got an RBI doubled taking. Texas takes the lead up to one going into the top of the seventh and Texas Texts couldn't get it done when it came to batting down, and you know, in that clutch moment, and that's how Textas stealed the deal, honestly, And it was off of Loki. I don't want to say kind of an accident, but it kind of was.
Speaker 1: It was just a mistake. Well, let's let's listen to Channon. I've got some audio from you all I need you to listen to. It was just crazy and exactly it was just not executed properly. A attempted walk that was not executed properly. Let's hear Channing.
Speaker 4: I can't tell you how happy I am that I am not going to start this conversation with a question about obstruction. Thank goodness, we get to it.
Speaker 1: We're gonn to get to it.
Speaker 4: But let's start with Atwood. Remarkable at that and I thought it was interesting watching those pitches for an intentional walk. There's a lot of had a lot of the plate, it felt like, and for Atwood to have the guts to think, I'm gonna take my shot. What'd you think of that in real time, Jessica Scott.
Speaker 5: I think the irony of Nija Kennedy being the pitcher that only knows how to light up the strike zone couldn't throw a ball in the biggest moment of her career. I mean, she's never had an intentional walk. She dominates the game. Reese Atwood recognize that first two pitches, She's like, huh, these are a little bit more metior than what you're used to, so usually you're seeing the catcher other batter's box. I've been intentionally walked. We've all seen exactly where that pitch is supposed to end up. And Reese Atwood she just told Holly wrote three to zero. She decided to take a risk and swing at that. Scott, you don't see it. I just find it ironic that Nyja Kennedy, of all the things that she can do, she doesn't know how to throw a ball in one of the biggest moments of her career.
Speaker 4: Savon and Kennedy.
Speaker 1: It lives up to what you think it might be.
Speaker 4: And anytime you have a championship game, a lot of what happens early and you can.
Speaker 1: Cut right there. So Anthony just a mistake, Yes, Nija Kennedy claimed it. Anthony. After the game, she said, that was my mistake, no one else's. I cost my team. I have to do better, no excuses. She had never had an intentional walk, Anthony, but there were still no excuses. She accepted full responsibility, which is all you can do. I made mistakes as an athlete. We all have. That's all she can do and she'll have to move on. But it's funny. Van Pelt was talking about obstruction Anthony, which would have been the biggest play of the game if that wouldn't have happened with the intentional walk. They called obstruction Anthony on Texas Texas Second Basement, saying that her foot was in the path every player running from first to second before she caught the ball. She tagged her out. It wasn't even close, Anthony. It wasn't close. But they went back and reviewed the tape, and that's why Van Pelt was talking about we're not talking about obstruction when they should have Anthony, that should have been an out, but the rules stated you could not have any part of your body between first and second base when a runner is running without the ball, and she had not caught the ball yet. But Anthony, the runner wasn't within ten feet of the plate either. It wasn't close. So a lot of crazy plays last night. Watch women's softball. It is exciting, period, point blank. Now hit me with the rest of the national news, Anthony, before I get into who my guests will be in about four or five minutes. Cat fans are gonna love this person. Love him. I do too. He's a great guy. But we give each other all kind of grief. You talk about cats and cards. Oh it's a cat and dogfight. You just wait, Anthony. Hit him with the national news, of course.
Speaker 3: And obviously can't forget about obviously. We had our first game of the Stanley Cup last night. Florida Panthers. They gave up a tough loss last night, tough loss.
Speaker 2: They were up. They were up to to one in the end of the first in the first period. Obviously, going into the second they had scored again, so did the Edmonton Oilers.
Speaker 3: Taking the lead up to three to two.
Speaker 2: The Oilers did surge back late in the third period, with six minutes ago they scored Beckham scored to tie it up three to three, and then they went into overtime. Their overtime went almost to the very end.
Speaker 3: The only thing that cost to.
Speaker 2: Florida Panthers is one of their players had gotten to the penalty box and Edmonton had a power play for two minutes and in that power play they scored within like forty five seconds of that power play, and they pretty much won an overtime four to three, giving them one of the lead in the first in the first game of the series. Given that four to three, four to three win at home, which was which is tough because Panthers had them, but they couldn't they couldn't feel the deal off in the third period, and then overtime they just they put themselves in the hole given them that power play. Obviously, Edmonton's got some of the best boys. If you've ever if you've never watched hockey, you need to watch Conomy David, because Commick David is insane.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a real deal, no question, he's the real deal. I mean, just people don't know. I've never gotten into it until I started a show. But boy, there's a lot of good sports going on right now. Anthony got the Open coming up next week. I mean, we've got hockey and basketball championships, Softball baseball starts this weekend super Regionals with Louisville. I mean, we've got a ton of things going on for us to watch and be interested in. So makes it easy on talk radio, that's for sure, really easy. And what's going on with that basketball side tonight? What's going on? I mean MVP Shay Gildicks Alexander former University Kentucky player, I mean, first MVP ever from University of Kentucky, which is amazing to me, out of all the great players. I didn't believe that's stat to be correct. But still we got a great game tonight. What do you think happens? Okay, see in a route.
Speaker 2: I think the pace will surprised, and I think this first game be a little bit closer than we expect. Obviously it is at the Thunder. The Thunder haven't played a game in almost probably a week and a half. Pacers haven't played in about a week. The spread is nine and a half.
Speaker 3: Obviously on this game is okay, see favored, but the total is a high scoring total.
Speaker 2: The total in this game is over two hundred and thirty total points between both teams, so it's supposed to be a high scoring affair. I think Indiana will be able to still keep up to a certain pace. I think once it gets present, I think late in the late mid third quarter.
Speaker 3: Okay see, you'll start taking off of them. The only reason why I.
Speaker 2: Say this because the Pacers do have evenly distributed scoring, which gives them a better chance than other teams. So they can't just key in on one person, any person in their starting lineup to give them twenty five to thirty points. And we've seen it.
Speaker 3: Everybody on the team has won for that one night.
Speaker 2: But they just had that superstar night. So that is the only difficult thing about guarding the Pacers. But obviously we do know that it's Thunder are the number one defensive team and probably the number one offensive scoring team across the board between bench and starting five, so it's gonna be a tall task at hand obviously for the Pacers. The only thing I hate to say is Andrew Neimhart has played his part defensively obviously, guarding against Jalen Brunson, a couple other matchups that they've had in the playoffs.
Speaker 3: I'm just a little fifty to fifty when it comes to Tyres Halliburton's defensive ability. That's the only thing that I just I'm not sold on this defensivebility.
Speaker 2: He is gonna be a mismatch because I don't know if he's They're gonna put him on SGA.
Speaker 3: They're gonna put him. They probably gonnaut him on with logan doors.
Speaker 2: They'll put him on logan doors just because he's their their weakest offensive threat. But at the same time, he is physical though you know he's he's sixty five twenty pounds.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, he's taking straight.
Speaker 2: They're gonna make's gonna crash the board.
Speaker 3: He's gonna crash the boards on him hard.
Speaker 1: Yes, They're gonna make Haliburton to fit. So Anthony, look, this is what we've got, guys. We have got one of the Kentucky Greats National Championship. Tony and Mike they're both ready and Mike Vine we're gonna go to break. We're gonna make them both hold again. This Cat and Card Fighters getting ready to start. Tony Duck I've been wanting you for so long. It's like all Lee, you can only run for so long. Tony, We're gonna have Mike Vine Tony delk on after the commercials. EVE Sports Radio will be back after the break. Welcome back to EVE Sports Radio. It's June the fifth, twenty twenty five. It's Thursday. Everybody loves controversy. Mike Vine, Bring Mike first. Bring Mike first for me? Shon, Mike, Yeah, how are you?
Speaker 6: I'm doing great?
Speaker 1: Thank you? How are you? Hey, Mike? I'm great, Mike. Hold up, Mike, I've got to get this off my chest. You were messing with me yesterday about it at lunch. We've got him on hold. Let me just introduce this man, so everybody knows why I don't like him. So everybody, Heywood from Brownsville, Tennessee, University of Kentucky ninety two to ninety six. They stole him from Tennessee cat fans. You stole him first round draft pick six, sixteen pick overall, Charlotte Hornets. Got me listen to these accolades. Played ten eleven years. Played with the Hornets, the Warriors, the Kings. I played with the Kings. Also, I coached the Hornets. Just so you know, I don't like this guy. The Celtics, the Mavericks, the Hawks. I played with the Hawks, also the Pistons. Then he goes overseas. Mike Greek League champion two thousand and seven. Then he's Euro League Champion two thousand and seven, NCAA champion nineteen ninety six, Final four, Most Valuable Outstanding Player nineteen ninety six, Consensus First Team All American nineteen ninety six, SEC Player of the Year nineteen ninety six. I just don't like guy, Shannon, bring on a great one, Tony Delty Sports Radio. What's up, Tony? I still don't like you, Tony, just don't like man.
Speaker 3: How you doing?
Speaker 1: How you doing? Man?
Speaker 3: Hey, I appreciate an introduction. Thank you so much.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 3: Happy, happy to finally be on your radio show.
Speaker 1: You know exactly that most hated introduction I've ever given. My son Anthony is on.
Speaker 3: A lot of hate.
Speaker 1: Man. No, let's tell everybody why Mike Vin. This guy's everything I'm telling you all is one hundred percent truth. For Mike Vin always helps Kentucky Country Day. Mike helps everybody, and they're going to talk about that. You just got to give me a minute. He has, he has his list of players. He calls. He calls Jerry Eves. He asked me, you got to buy two hundred dollars tickets for the raffle to win the car. He'll call Tony Delkin, say you gotta buy five or ten. You know, Tony's loaded. Tony buys his tickets. We never win ever, but we understand we're just donating. Mike calls me up out of clear blue. Jerry gives who went to raffle? I'm like me, You mean me, I wanted to raffle. He said he don't know. Excuse my language, he said he don't know, said Tony Dealk. I said, you cheated and you're rigged it. That's why I don't Is that writer on Mike Vine Is that a true story?
Speaker 6: Like absolutely, That's why I don't like the guy. The funny thing, Jerry, The funny thing is is Tony thought I was BS and him the whole time.
Speaker 1: I told him.
Speaker 3: He never went a raffle. Here's the thing, Jerry, we never know. We never know anybody who wins the raffle.
Speaker 1: Never never.
Speaker 3: You're the first anybody you donate to the raffle and nobody. You never know the winner, so exactly mine was messing with me. Yes, the whole, the whole family of God.
Speaker 6: I was playing with him Jack and he didn't He still didn't think it.
Speaker 1: He didn't think he was Kentucky. Mike, your dad was a cardinal.
Speaker 6: Fan Jerry, I'm i'm a, I'm I go both.
Speaker 3: I like him both.
Speaker 1: Okay, So guys, what's going on? I mean, you only doing Tony, You're doing great things. I'm so proud of you, young man, like always past, pre draft camp, Summer league, all the things. I'll see you again somewhere in Vegas. Will bump into each other. What's going on and Mike doing together that we need to get out.
Speaker 3: We're working on the charity golf tournamers the uk U of L Celebrity Golf Channels September fifteenth in Louisville at Big Big Spring Country Club to do to raise moneys for three different charities. One is going to be TDDA with Tony Basketball Academy that I've been running for eight years in Atlanta. We're going to do something with nor Children Hospital. You know, I always like to get back to the kids and mostly hospital because I have two daughters that have sickle cell disease. And our third charity would be the Atlanta Children's Hospital where my daughter's probably from as from maybe eight nine months. Have always gone there, you know, when they had to have when they had sickle cell crisis and just clen do blood work. So just one of those situations where I've always wanted to do something with Atlanta childon Hospital, which is actually like five minutes from where my daughters live now in Atlanta. But both are grown women doing well. My oldest twenty six, she's working for law firm in New York, and my youngest she's at Xavier, Louisiana. And then my mother daughter he Revers Oklahoma. So all the girls are doing well. But just you know, so many kids come through those hospitals that we don't know about and deal with the trial and triviulations. So we just want to help them have the cause. And also with about basketball academy, you know some kids that can't afford it. Mike has done a tremendous job over the years. I'm just always donating whenever I've called, you know, uniforms afforded, so has always been uh, you know, just one of those people that you know, cares about the community, cares about kids. So Mike has always been there. So you know, we just decided last year actually a summer league. You know, let's put something together and see if we can invite the former UK players U of ailed players, which I'm hoping we can get some more you availed players. So I'm going to put that on your on your plate to help us bring in more.
Speaker 1: A little bit challenge out. Okay, now we'll do that, Mike. You speak a little bit about of course, you know that I named the Simmons College Golf outing after his dad, Tony. You don't know that, but I've named it after her Vine. Herb and I used to talk about business things, where to put my money? How this is the truth. I bought my new my first new SOB from Herb nineteen eighty three. A car service wrecks it driving it from Salt Lake to Louisville. True story, Tony, true story. Wow, they wreck it, okay and almost totally, and I run back in to buy me another new one. You know, I just got a new contract. And Herb pulled me in his little office off of Shelbyboro, Road and it was only Bluegrass and Lincoln Mercury and he had the little SOB sitting on the side. He says, you like the car by I said, I do. I love cars. He says, well, we're going to change your mindset. That's who Herb was. He says, no more new cars. He says, I'm going to tell you what and how we're going to do this. And Herb had me the minority program. If I wouldn't have got into coaching, you'd have been calling me in the car business because that's what I wanted to do. So it's just been part of the Buying family for a long time. And then Mike just stepped in right after that. He and Jim Haynes are just the best. But Mike, you know you've done always given so why, I mean, just what make you this way? Every player knows you. You've given me all the context. Why did you get so involved in sports business and helping Mike?
Speaker 6: I would say, primarily because you know, growing up, basketball was was the thing to me and I was I enjoyed it so much. And uh and and fortunately all these great people that played at the UK and U of L grew up when I was growing up, and it meant a lot to me. And you know, there's not a there's not a better avenue out there, uh than sports to uh keep you, keep you into the game and keep you focused. And you know, you know why people like Tony Delk are so successful after sports because they're they're so determined and they're, uh, they just get it, just like you get it. And you know, nothing happens without hard work. And uh, you know, you just you can't say no. We were sitting at the NBA Summer League and I, uh, one of my friends was there, and Tony was there, working uh for the Mavericks. And I look at my friend and I look at Tony and I said, Tony, this guy's a Nick Brown, who's a from the Brown Barnstable the Brown part of the Brown Barnstable family. You know, he comes up with some smart idea. He says, you know, instead of me, and you are not instead of but he says, you know, you and I we we write checks and we help people out. He says, let's make this thing a heck of a lot bigger, and let's let's give more. Let's make more money to help underprivileged children and the hospitals, and and he says, let's have a golf outing, and yeah, and so all of a sudden, I'm the one doing the work having a golf outing, which is totally fine. It's it's not hard to you know, when you bring up to the the benefits or the benefactors of this event and you're dealing with Tony and other people, it just it makes it enjoyable. And you're right, Jerry, I got to get to the Louisville list longer. Uh, you know, we're working on it. Yesterday we picked up Herbert Crook, we picked up the Bradford Smith.
Speaker 1: We'll get Scooter. I'll get Scooter, trust me, we'll get Scooter. Mm hmm. Were's the list you'll got, You've got outstanding Kentucky list. Of course, Jack Gibbons is playing in my tournament on Monday. I don't know if you know that, Tony, but Jack is playing in my.
Speaker 3: Yes, yes, I want you to get make for mind. Remind my guys, you like I say, remind Sky And of course you know Sam talks to Big Sam Boie. You know some of the guys that played during my time, you know, Walter McCarty, Ron Mercer, Derek Anderson, Jared Prickett, Jeff Shepard. So we have I've contacted a lot of guys and you know, we mostly trying to keep the local so we don't have to we don't want to have to fly too many guys in. And even talk to John Wall who doesn't play, but you know, said that if you know he can make that date happen, he'll be there. So you know, well we'll keep adding to our list because like I said, it is for a great charity And anytime you know, us U of L and UK players can get together, you know and reminisce about, you know, our playing days. And you know, we're still it's still a fraternity, you know, all those in two different cities, we're still We're still in one state, representing Kentucky, which we all love. So it's it's like, you know, for me, I tell people it's a home away from home. I was embraced by lexing Kentucky, the state of Kentucky, and it's always gonna be one of my favorite places to visit, one of my favorite places to go back and help and see games. And you know, and like I said, my nephew played for the University of Louisville, you know, and got to give him a call. You know, I forgot he was a cardinal, Reginal delt that is, so you have to there's many ties to the state of Kentucky, and then my nephew, of course lives there, and I have a lot of friends in the city. So I'm looking forward to it. I think it should be an exciting event that you know, we'll doing Louisville, and hopeless it goes well. Next year we can take it to Lexson.
Speaker 1: This is Tony Delk speaking of course former Kentucky great. I don't like him. He just went too many things. He's went to many things. And Mike By, the owner of Bluegrass Houdie. So look, you left off one name that I have played with personally. He's been in my group. We had a ball Tubby Smith is playing. You got Tubby to come back, man.
Speaker 3: I talked to coach Coach and I would usually we're in the tournament in Atlanta together every policy, I want to say, last three or four years, we've done the uh the Nate Smith's Tournament in Atlanta and just happened to be on a flight with coach. Coach is flying to I was scouting, flying to Milwaukee. Coach is going to see if he saw the son and got you know, we started talking a little bit and I said, hey, I'm doing this charity golf turning September fifteenth in Louisville. You know, would love to have you. And of course Coach is a pretty good golfer. Man. Don't don't let coach full.
Speaker 1: Play.
Speaker 3: I'm like, yeah, coach, Coach, he knows what he's doing. So anyway, you know, he's always one of those happy, uh good person. He's done a lot for so many people, and you know, spoke with him and gave him the date, so he should he should be one of one of the participants coming in. I wish we could get more coaches, but we can because it would be a violation with because we do have basketball players. So that's there's a reason why there's not a mark Tolee, maybe Alan ed Worth of Scott Patricks, who are all any coaching ranks. So you know, if if these n cua A rules change within the next probably twelve months, you know we'll try to bring more coaches that that on both sicks. You know, you got Peyton see who's working with university glove.
Speaker 1: So we do have to stretches scratch yes, oh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, really okay, okay, yeah, he is really good.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so don't let him.
Speaker 1: Tony will be ready. We have our Cardinals right now. Here's the only problem, guy, I might have to do a little recruiting. I might have to bring my boys in. But that's okay. All I'm saying is for the gallery. When they line up along the fairway, look out, you might get hit because we have to sell tickets for this.
Speaker 3: They don't.
Speaker 1: This is that's versus Cardinals. Guys. I want you to understand we're going to be challenging the Kentucky players. This is the new Ryder Cup. We have to make this a series, Tony, the new Riders. We can. I like that.
Speaker 3: I like that. You know, we'll, like you said, well, we'll go back and forth. We'll start we'll we'll start a Louisville and you know, hopefully next year we can even get it in Lectionlan and we'll go back and forth and you know, we can make this, like you said, like a ride and stuff. But you know, it's so fun, you know, to see so many of us get back together, you know, and just like I said, this basketball is a fraternity. And when you have someone like Mike that's connected on both sides, you know, he's able to contact many of us because of you know, just the relationships.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 3: You know, all business and all charity events are about relationships and good people doing something for a great calls. So we have the right minds, the right people, and we're doing it for the right the right causes, you know. And that's a lot of kids are involved, and we're trying to help help those kids who, like you said, underprivileged, kids who are who are sick, and we don't know about their parents who spend countless hours and missing many days of work to spend time with their kids, and you know, and and most most time we never hear about it. But just knowing, knowing how simple see these have respected you know, my family, you know, and my daughters, you know, we were always in when there's something to give back to kids.
Speaker 1: There you go, such a painful disease. I hate to hear that. God, such a painful People have no idea how painful sickle cell is. When those seals are Gosh, very painful. I'll be praying for your daughters I'm glad that they're doing well too. Here's the deal, though, Mike, I'm gonna let you wrap it up at first, Anthony, I'm gonna be recruiting you and Frankie because I don't know if I can get enough of my Cardinals don't play a lot of golf. But I'll be recruiting Tony. Trusts me. I'm gonna cheat you will. I know you want to win. I know, I know you know.
Speaker 6: Like I said, I've played with Tony and uh, just because his name is hanging from Repp Arena doesn't mean he can swing a club.
Speaker 3: I say, lame, which is by lane, is not golf.
Speaker 6: I'm not in that lane, Jerry. Have you seen the picture on Instagram where there's a they play the Masters music and that it says me or you teeing off at the Masters and the ball shanks to the right and hits a fan. You know it's a it's it's a joke and it's funny. Yeah, yeah, yeah, that's on a good day. That's Tony, Mike, Mike.
Speaker 3: And these a defense better sun Waivers, you know what I'm saying. So if you don't just not a waivers, We're not for what. But once the ball lead, Once the ball leads, T would not responsible where it goes, where it's gonna go.
Speaker 1: With the stand behind the T box. It's all I can tell them. But hey, what what an event, Tony, We're gonna make it? What of an event? We're gonna have to make this the Kentucky Louisville Ryder. We're gonna talk about guys. Yeah, two, I really do great calls. Of course, great calls. So anyway, Mike, we'll be working on the Louisville players. Of course, I'm gonna get Scooter. I know he plays, Roger Berkman, he plays, So I'm gonna bring in a few ringers and of course I play. You know, I'm the next Tiger Woods. So we'll get to work on it. To me and I'll see you, and I'll see you in Vegas in July in Vegas.
Speaker 6: Yeah, yeah, Well the event is September fifteenth, and uh, there's only going to be twenty two total teams, and uh, people are interested. There's uh they can call me, they can call there's three of us involved, and uh we're working on the sponsors. And the real cool thing is is there's a I can't speak about it, but we might even turn this inaugural tournament into uh uh. We might make it about somebody very famous, like a Muhammad Ali type. And we're really, really really you know, our goal is to have fun, but in the same token, uh uh, raise money and and give it to uh people that need it more than you and I.
Speaker 1: But no question, Mike, I'll be reaching out. Of course, Anthony works the town and country. I want to reach out to Billy Hayes. I'm gonna start reaching out for sponsorships also much for you. I think it's a great cause. I had no idea about your daughters. I did not know that. Tony had never told me that. Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: We've dealt with it for twenty six years. Man, So it's one of one of my passion But you know, just to you know, have a daughter who passed the bar like two months ago, and you know she's living her best in New York City.
Speaker 1: Yes, I am proud.
Speaker 3: Trust me. I'm a proud dad. Trust me when I tell you that.
Speaker 1: Yes, there you go. Know you're a great father and great family man, Mike, Tony, I got to get to break love you guys. We will talk about this and I'll see you in July. Yes, okay you Mike, thank you, Mike Mind, thank you Tony Delk. Eve Sports Radio will be back after the break. Welcome back to Eve's Sports Radio seven forty three. Guys, we're gonna have a short segment with this one. Had a great time, Anthony. Have you ever had a chance to meet Tony? I know you worked at Bluegrass and you came through the dealership all the time. Did you ever have a chance to meet with Tony Delk?
Speaker 3: I think if I did, I hate to see it. I don't recall.
Speaker 2: Sometimes I see a fad better than sometimes I.
Speaker 1: Can put the name on the thing. So gotcha. Yeah, No, great guy. I'm telling he's been through numerous time. I guarantee you when you see him you will know. Of course you'll recognizing him for when he played. But and he's coaching now, he's scouting and coaching for the Mavericks. But just a great guy. I'm just telling you, a really, really good guy. So that's gonna be a lot of fun. I'm gonna recruit you all because I just don't have enough Cardinals that play, so I'm gonna be cheating and recruiting. So get your game ready. That's all I'm telling you. I need you to come through. You and Frank are gonna have to come through. We're gonna make this the Ryder Cup. It's gonna be a lot of fun. I can't wait. Yes, one year in Louisville, one year in Lexington. Forget the basketball aspect. People are laughed their rearings off watching us play golf and having a great time raising money. So and I did not. I knew his daughter was a lawyer. I knew all about the bar, all those things. I had no idea about sickle cell. We just never spoke about it, or I just don't remember. So anyway, we'll make sure we take care of that on this one. Does Louisville advance to the World Series, Anthony? Can they get it done starting tomorrow?
Speaker 3: You know what, I think everyone has a fair opportunity in this one. Obviously, all the all the people that we thought were gonna win this year, all the high seeds and knocked out.
Speaker 2: They again, beat by unranked teams, teams that you know, you probably would never expect it to even be in the super Regional. So I think it's at this point it's a toss up. Everyone still has their favorite.
Speaker 3: But but there's no reason why.
Speaker 2: Louisville can't be the team to win the World Series, the College World Series is I don't see I don't see a doubt and why it can't happen. I think we got a great team, we got a phenomenal fan base. Obviously, we're hosting the super Regionals right now in Louisville, which gives us a great advantage for tomorrow. Obviously starting off playing against a former ACC team that they've played in season before. So at this point in time, you know, just got to go out there and perform, and I think Louisville can get it done.
Speaker 1: I had to wait and see. You know, they had very good teams before, they've hosted regionals and super regionals and haven't been able to. But congratulations to the team putting themselves in position they did. They beat Vandy like four or five weeks ago regular season anthony and defeated him again in the playoffs in the regional and then of course Wright State takes care of and Andy after that a lot of upsets. So we'll be watching that starts tomorrow and in se forty five we're gonna go to break. When we come back, come and hit a little a serious issue that I was going to hit yesterday, but we just didn't have the time in one hour. We're just packed. We pack things in. But I want to talk about ex Indiana basketball players a legend sexual misconduct and it's a big story and I want to talk about it a little bit. It's a few of the players I know personally. I've not spoken to their experiences, but Butch Carter and I know really well, and there's a statement from him, and I just want to address a little bit of that after the break. So that's what we're going to do. Seven forty six. This is EVE Sports Radio on numbers five year old, two, five, seven, one, seventy nine hundred. We'll talk to you in a minute. Welcome back to Eve Sports Radio seven forty nine. How quickly time passes. Get to work safely, that's all love people, loved ones are out there. Make sure you get to work safely. People are driving like you've lost your mind. Just I'm being honest with you. Slow down, leave on time. It's crazy. Driving now is just truly maddening. People need to slow down now. Anthony I was untouched yesterday, but we just didn't have the time. More ex Indiana basketball players alleged sexual misconduct, so I want people to understand where this is coming from. At least fifteen and I'm reading this verbatim, at least fifteen former Indiana University men's basketball players are alleging improper sexual conduct by a former team physician and saying Indiana officials, including the late coach Bobby Knight, were aware of the behavior. Since two former Hoosiers sued the university last fall, five ex athletes are now named in the lawsuit, and ten additional men are also planning to pursue a litigations against Indiana, says attorney Michelle Simpson Tody ESPN, even though their legal path grew more difficult with the death of doctor Bradford bomb But last month and the release of outside investigation that cleared him from sexual misconduct. About this going on, and we've even heard football players alleging these things happened at other universities and they're speaking about it. I just want and I can do this, Anthony, because this is kind of difficult for me. I want you to stay with me. But everyone who's listened to my show. Know that my dad name is Frankiees. I named my oldest son after him. Everyone knows that he didn't care a lot about my feelings. He made me understand what the world was all about in which he had to do to be successful. That was his job. He used to tell me that my feelings were for me and my feelings, but at the second side, you had to deal with your feelings and you had to adapt and you had to be successful find a way. So he was never big on making excuses on how I felt, or what the coach said to me or what he did to me, or even Coach Crumb when I started six games as a freshman, taking me out of the game, and I went right into my dad and I said, if I miss he takes me out. He said, you should love that man. I'm like, why because he told you, if you want to play, make your shots. So when we come to this, and there have been more serious situation, my dad said, if this never happened to me and I never had to experience this, but if it would have, I would have spoken out. It's just who I am. I wouldn't have set there. And I'm gonna be honest with you. My teammates, Derek Smith, Scooter Wiley Brown, I know him really. I mean they're my brothers. I've known him now for over forty years. It wouldn't have happened. So seeing that this happened, and I know Butch Carter, some of the people I do not know. Some of the names I do not know. Harrison Madjokovich, I don't know. I've never heard of him. But I'm not saying it didn't happen. I'm just wishing that they would have had parents like mine that would have made them respond properly at the time. Guys in we know that timing isn't everything. I mean, timing is everything. That's all there is to it. There's a time and place for everything, reading the whole thing. Butch Carter guys who I know personally, just like I know Tony Delk I know Butch very very well, who played it in Indiana in the late seventies and went on to play and coaching the NBA. Wrote a letter included in the lawsuit that he told Knight he never wanted to see Bomba again for medical care and that he can play multiple times tonight about the doctor abusive behavior during physical examinations. So, guys, this is my era. This is one time I'm beat my chest at University of Louisville because it never happened. Never. Yes, we have physical examinations. I'm telling you doctor Ellis, doctor Shave Dot Bockenhausen. I mean all of them, class individuals. I'm just telling you fight class Coach Crumb, class individual, Bill Osen Wade Houston, class individuals, period, point blank. We're in a very competitive business. Like I told you all yesterday, I out of fault my son in between the lines during the game. I would have it was important to me. I mean, that's what I wanted to do. I told you on that And you don't even know this, but my father, after I went pro, never went to a pro game of mine. And I finally asked him. He drove my mom to Chicago my second year in the league, said Dad, after the game, we're reading, why don't you come to the games? And he just told me directly. And he never played a sport. He was a microbiologist. Guy, say, smart man, I'm telling you his sister taught French at Amison County. Smart family. He said, I didn't care about athletics, but you did so I had to make sure that you put your best in it. But he never came to a game ever. He never came to a pro game, not one. Mother flew all over the country upstairs sleeping right now. God who I had the best parents in the world, came to numerous games. My dad every went to a game. He said, I just wanted you to make it. Period. Wasn't about him. But when I was growing up, I thought it was about him because he was pushing me. But at the same time I knew if something like this happened, I was the first person I had of toe would have been my dad. First person. I probably had to gut him out of jail after that. But you know, it is what it is. But I just wish that these players that are going through this, I don't know. I want to read to you all again so that I am not picking sides, even though they're legal. Path grew more difficult with the death of doctor Bradford Bomba last month in the release and outside investigation that cleared him from sexual misconduct got me. Outside investigation. I don't know who that is. I'm reading to you overbatim. I am not picking sides. I'm just telling you all that when you raise yours your kids, make sure that you believe them. Let me tell you that, and you address the issues. It's all that I'm telling the parents so that we're not twenty thirty forty years later speaking about who this happened to me. There's always a time and place, so everyone knows. And I'm hated because I said, of any of the things that did happen that Louisville happened, than things had to change. So and I turned into the most hated person in the wibel. But there was a time in the place. I didn't do it thirty years later. I didn't do it on a day I have been at ninety when it came out. I held my tongue until the evidence was presented Anthony. Then my dad raised me. There's a time and a place. I spoke out. I said, greatest coach. You'll see what coach Patino's doing. He's a great coach. Louisville had to fire him, period point blank. It's the right thing to do. Took him too long to do it, being honest with you. So same thing with this Indiana situation. I don't know all the ins and outs. I don't know the legal proceeding. I don't know what's happened. I'm just saying for parents today, make sure your teacher kids, there's a time in the place. Make sure that they understand, do not be frightened to do the right thing is east Words Radio seven to fifty eight. We will be back tomorrow. Crazy George Williams, I can't wait. I'm roasting him. Tony Mike Vine will be ready. Eastwards Radio Anthony were out Tokyo tomorrow, God willing, Bye bye