Speaker 1: Welcome to the Crystal Coach Show with me your host, Anahatta, helping you live every day with clarity, guidance, and practical wisdom. Are you feeling overwhelmed, anxious, maybe disconnected? Do you ever feel.
Speaker 2: Like you don't know how to live a life of peace and joy?
Speaker 1: I am Anahada Roach the Crystal Coach and during this show we channel divine wisdom through stories of service, spirituality, and stones for self care.
Speaker 2: The Crystal Coach Show leaves you with a feeling of connection and the clarity it takes towards becoming the best version of yourself as you hear from thought leaders and many others to help you ignite the crystalline nature of who you really are. Stay tuned. The Crystal Coach Show starts now.
Speaker 1: Hello and welcome to the Crystal Coach Show. I'm your host Anahata, and today we have a real treat. We're going to talk crystals, all the crystals, all the time. Listen. A podcast called The Crystal Coat Show wouldn't be really legitimate without some episodes being about crystals and stones, right, So in this one you'll hear our guest, Ryan Gorman talk about his travels and experiences with the mineral Kingdom, and yet you get to listen in today as two crystal enthusiasts geek out on the subject of collecting stones, creating community, and working with the energies of the Earth's minerals. It's guaranteed fun and it's going to be educational, So stay with us. But the first thing I want to do is introduce you to my guest, Ryan Gorman. Ryan is a naturalist, artist, adventurer, and mineral expert. He's a free spirited crystal collector and seller. His passions for travel, rock climbing, and nature led him to become interested in the study of minerals and the symbiotic relationship between Mother Earth and all who inhabit her. Early family trips to the Rocky Mountain National Park the Smoky Mountains in the Grand Teton National Park helped Ryan to be able to appreciate the natural wonders and beauty of Mother Earth, and as a young man, Ryan was drawn to the mineral kingdom while traveling in California, where he spent many summers at Yosemite National Park rock climbing, just really experiencing the frequencies of the crystals and stones, in the granite right, So, being an artist and a naturalist, the mineral and crystal formations became a source of fascination and study for him. Then, in twenty twelve, driven by a vision of creating a place of community, education, and peace, Ryan collected a team of friends to help produce the first Midwest Christal Fest, a festival of crystals, spiritual connection, music, food, and fellowship. More than fifteen hundred people came to that first free weekend event in Saint Louis, Missouri, and the goal of every subsequent Crystal Fest is to provide children and their families with opportunities to experience and learn about natural wonders as well as the traditional indigenous indigenous uses of minerals and plants. Ryan currently uses his artistic talents in tandem with the crystals and stones, with the lapidary arts, jemstone faceting, wire wrapping and silversmithing. The Gorman Medicine bags are prized for the quality of craftsmanship and the energy of the wrapped crystals and stones. When he isn't off rock hounding, climbing or gemstone prospecting, Ryan's native Saint Louis is where he calls home and he offers some of his crystal fines for sale at local gym and mineral shows, and also sells crystals and his medicine bags through Instagram at Blue Feather Minerals. Welcome to the show, Ryan.
Speaker 3: Thank you Anna. I'm really happy to be here. I've been looking forward to being a part of your podcast for a while now, so yeah, it's very exciting to be here. Great.
Speaker 1: Great, I was going to I felt felt really bad. I had my my my Gorman penn it the one you made me after the Crystal first Crystal Fest, and I had it. I was going to be wearing it. I see this is this is a price. It is price, but oh look a bird I forgot. Oh well, listen, I want to start with your story about your awakening experience, you know, the the rocky mountains at Grand Tetans, Yosemite, Mont Shasta. You know I've got over the years, we've we've known each other. It's it's we've I've heard a lot of different stories. But I'm really interested in you if you can share with our listeners, what was you know, how you kind of kept getting drawn into nature and minerals and how you just started like it was the call of the earth and crystals. You started studying those minerals and their chemical and metaphysical properties.
Speaker 3: Go sure. So my twin brother and I, we were both raised by my mom and she was a single mom, so a lot of respect for her, and as we were growing up, she always liked to take us out to different regions of the country. Sometimes we would go east to the Smoky Mountains. Sometimes we go west to the Rockies. But as a young child, my brother and I, we were always really excited to be on the hiking trail. And you know, I'm a taurust, which is at Earth sign, so often, you know, I would be really into the surroundings. But you know a lot of my fixation was on the ground, you know, looking at the you know, the trail and looking at all the cool rocks that were just like protruding out towards me. Because you know, as you're younger, you're a little closer to the ground. So yeah, early on, early on, Yeah, any mountain region we would go do, I just would be infatuated with the different you know, the colors and the fields and the textures of the stones on the trail. And then I soon enough, I had to take some home, you know, and then I had a box in the car. And then soon enough, my mom's like, you can't bring any more of those home, son, there's too many of them. We already got so many. So early on I didn't really realize. I was like, you know, basically starting my medicinal stone collection from the hiking trails. But you know, that's how it all got started, just by Foxy.
Speaker 1: Really, Oh, I did the same thing, Ryan. I had a box of rocks that were my friends. I mean, I would go anywhere. We'd go on walks and you know, there was some woods out behind our house and we would go on walks as a family, and I would always find something to pick up and bring home. And I love this I had. It was like a big shoe box, and I kept it under my bed, and I had it, you know, all throughout high school. And then when I left to go to college, you know, I left my rocks under my bed. I came home and my mother had cleaned out my room and thrown away my box of rocks.
Speaker 3: So I've heard those titles before, but usually if you're really into the rocks, you just you know, you find more, you keep persevering. Sometimes you got art over.
Speaker 1: Right, Yeah, exactly exactly.
Speaker 3: So you know, they can't stop collecting sometimes it's what we need to be, like you know what, mom threw that away, I got to start over.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it was heartbreaking that were my friends. I could talk to them, m Yeah, So well, you know you were You've your knowledge of the of the chemical properties of stones is amazing, Like you know, I mean I've got quite a bit of study that I can pull from, but I always, you know, you're always surprising me with a you know, like, well this rock has got this and this and this in it, you know, and I'm not just know the primary one. How did you what? You're mostly self taught, right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, pretty much? So, like I said, as a youth, I you know, I had a pretty big collection, and you know, through high school is really when I started started getting an idea of what was going on, because you know, the geology class was really easy for me. Biology, all the Earth's science classes were you know, it's one of my natural talents. So I just kind of understood how the chemical compositions then led to sometimes how the indigenous peoples would use it and it you know, it was it basically proved that they knew about how to balance our bodies chemically intuitively. And then you know, I've got a lot of Celtic in my background from Europe, so I just kind of tuned into it as well, and I started being able to bridge the gaps of like, hey, you know, the metaphysics goes right into the chemical compositions, which then usually helps support the indigenous uses if you look at it.
Speaker 1: Oh sure, yeah, I mean science is just now catching up to whatever the shamans of are always known about. The on the quantum level, there's this frequency match, right, and that's you know, the im minerals and your body the same as the minerals and stones and crystals and certain certain matches helped align things that are within the body's system that's out of whack.
Speaker 3: Yep, pretty much. To put that simply, you know, our blood is full of little micromnerals, and when we get around the stones and nature and plant medicine, they're always having a chemical reaction and having a really deep conversation.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, absolutely. Well, anyway, I just I was kind of curious because I don't think we've ever talked about this in particular, how you really got, you know, the knowledge that you carry now aside from our previous lifetimes in the miraa of knowing all of that, but in this lifetime, how did you what did you do to go about getting your crystal knowledge?
Speaker 3: Well, so I don't know. In two thousand and nine, I moved back to Saint Louis, and I had been collecting for a while seriously. But then I started looking at why I was doing it, and I started realizing that that's what probably some Celtic people intuitively do. We kind of you know, if you're a stone person, you you know, usually kind of like to balance your your living area with you know, stones, and then I would be balancing the outdoor herb garden. I'd put a little crystal under my basil and under my lavender and rosemary. So I just I just realized, Hey, your ancestors have been doing this, Ryan, working with the different minerals that are in the area, you know, wherever you are. So then I realized that you have that gift and you got it real you know, it comes in pretty strong. So I just started realizing, hey, you know, this is what the Native Americans would say, Hey, Ryan's a rock talker or Ryan's or an as a yeah, and as a plant speaker. You know, it's an example of us getting the whispers from that natural kingdom and somehow through our channels we know what to do with it. So, you know, I think basically, I'm always going to be a student. I'm always going to be learning here on earth. So I just you know, right around in two thousand and nine twenty twelve, time I started realizing, hey, this is a gift of yours and you have the ability to help others understand the medical applications to help themselves and others. And then you know, through the work with the Native American tribes of North America and South America, they also helped empower my understanding of just you know, we have all the natural tools in front of us, we just sometimes need to, like you said earlier, Bridge, the you know, the two worlds of you know, the science and then the metaphysics, because it's it's all basically saying the same.
Speaker 1: Thing, right and and as I say, the Shamans have always known that, but it you know, science is just not catching up to that. What was your first UH book that you got and studied about crystals? And Stones.
Speaker 3: I think the first book I got a hoove was The Crystal Body from Judy Hall.
Speaker 1: Yeah that, yeah, I had that. That wasn't my first one. My first one was the Book of Stones with Yeah Nisha Osion. It was my who ended up being my teacher. But then I also have you know Melody's book, you know, yeah, big one. Literally is this this big you know, what is it?
Speaker 4: What is it?
Speaker 1: Something of the earth, Treasures of the Earth. I I see it in my head. I can't read the title. I'm just working out on that. But anyway, those for those of you listening, those are those are books that are really good to start with, just to kind of give you a sense of the frequencies that crystals and stones can hold. And you know, but just like anything else, if you ask, like, for example, a bee keeper, how you ask two bee keepers one question, you're going to get like maybe five answers. So there's no really one way to work with crystals and stones. It's just that you have to the more knowledge you have, the more than you can then find that particular alignment for your own frequency. But I use I use the guidelines that Nayosha gave me because actually she's my teacher, but I've also been I've also learned from another Crystal teacher called Sarah Thomas, the Upper Clarity School, and you know, she comes at it from the Do Dao, the Taoist kind of perspective, so the Chinese medicine aspect of it, and that's really fascinating too. So there's just so many ways that the Mineral Kingdom can work with us because we are part of her and our physical bodies are part of her. So that's what what resonates when we are here in body, in the integrated soul body alignment using those frequencies of stones. We we were we first met at a gem and Mineral show. Was that your very first one?
Speaker 3: It was a leonic career? I think I definitely. I think I had been doing uh the stone shows four than fires. I think maybe two years in it.
Speaker 1: Okay, well I knew it was in the beginning beginning stages and yeah, was it it was? Was it this rock? Was it this coonzit piece that you introduced me to? Kunzai? So I went through my collection and I'm thinking, I think maybe Ryan Gate I bought this from Ryan. I don't know. Does it look like something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you might have got me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because it's a pretty big chunk. You can't the camera's not showing the pretty pink of it, but it is pink. Looks white there in the camera, but yeah, it's pink. Anyway, that that was. That was the first time we met, and I just there was you know, your knowledge was really impressed me of how you were making recommendations and stuff. So that's how at least that's how we bonded. And then later on we kind of had some shared memories. That was kind of fun to discover that. You know, you're an r artists and I have to show this to you. Do you remember this?
Speaker 3: Yes, that's you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you did that. You you you drew that for me, just freehand, and I've had it all these years. It's sits underneath in my in my office. It sits underneath my tray of stones, just supporting the frequency of that. So I thought you could get a kick out of it.
Speaker 3: That's cool. Integrating the art the art into healing work.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, and I knew it belonged in my healing space. So anyway, we're going to take a real quick break and when we come back, we're going to start talking about how you transition from rock climbing to rock hounding and where we're digging next. So don't go away, We'll be right back.
Speaker 3: Hey everybody, Oh my goodness, we have got talk radio for all of that.
Speaker 4: And really thank you for blazing the trail for women in talk radio and just being such an inspiration to me and so many other people.
Speaker 1: What you're doing is so awesome.
Speaker 4: And you know, without people like you there to like really step out of the box and go for it, I don't know if someone like me would have ever ended up here, but I'm so happy to be here, and yeah, I just want to thank you for everything you're doing.
Speaker 1: You're one of my major inspirations.
Speaker 5: If you're feeling stressed, overwhelmed, or in grief, I'm here to help. I'm Fade Out into the healer and founder of Faye Inspired Healing through soul guided sessions. I help you reconnect with your body's wisdom and inner truth, whether you're healing from loss, letting go of pain, or rising into elevated energies. My work combines energy clearing, grief support, and spiritual coaching. Schedule a session or learn more at Faye Inspired healing dot com.
Speaker 6: Here's your transformational tip for today. Make the big things little and the little things big. Oh how often we get this one backwards? Catastrophizing things, making mountains out of molehills, using our imagination to worry instead of wonder, well, simultaneously downplaying our accomplishments.
Speaker 1: Hi, welcome back to the Crystal Coach Show. I'm your host Ana Hatta, and we're talking today with my buddy Ryan Gorman, who is just another crystal enthusiast just like I am. And we're geeking out on how minerals and the frequencies of stones all work together. And we've talked about Ryan's story about how he went from you know, just fascinated with nature and really got it expressed himself as with this kind of fixation on crystals and stones, and I have a similar story too, But we're going to kind of segue from that into how you go from rock climbing to rock hounding. Ryan, you were you know, we spent all those summers in Yosemite going up the face, you know, the sheer granite walls. What what? How did you make that transition from being a rock climber to a rock Hounder.
Speaker 3: It's a good story, so yeah, I'd love to talk about this one. So for climbing, I started getting into that my teenage years. I started working this outdoor shop call Pine Shop, located at the time Mister Groves and you know they're you know, hiking, backpacking in climbing shop. So I started work there and soon enough started getting into rhyming. Pretteriously. It was like main pass in my twenties. So pretty much almost three year twenties, I would go to Yosemite Nationals to go rhyming, and some I would spend all summer there just hanging out in the area and climbing on the boulders, and sometimes we'd go up the big walls and spend a couple of days on the wall, you know, just kind of hang out with on the Golden granite and just just do our best to enjoy ourselves in that. Like it's just such a beautiful National park out there in Yimity. So yeah, my twenties was pretty heavy in rock climbing. And you know, I at that time, I knew I loved rocks, and I knew I loved hanging on to them, but I hadn't really gotten full fledged into the you know, the metaphysics at that point. So right around let's see two thousand and nine, I moved back to Saint Louis, and you know, Saint Louis doesn't have that many big rocks here, so I started kind of just getting into you know, the local minerals that are found kind of near Potosi, the Jersey quartzes and the stuff you'll find creeks, so you know, bussels, the row heads. Yeah, miss pretty we're a very good krillin and rock hounding state. And you know then, you know, right in my mid mid to LATEI as I started to realize, hey, Saint Louis, Zuri is a great place to find in the crystals. And then I started, you know, kind of learning from a lot of people around me that, you know, the Native Americans say, you know, you've got a gift to see these as vibrational medicine and kind of plug them into your own reality and others and and see how they might benefit us from working with them.
Speaker 6: Right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's so much Jersey, so much quartz along the creeks and rivers. You just go walking through in the woods and you're going to find them in Missouri that's what I'm talking about. But yeah, but it was just it just occurred to me that we're geeking out and we know what rock hounding is, but our listeners may not. So rock hounding is the the sniffing out, if you will, the looking for, the turning over the dirt to find you know, crystals and stones that are I don't know that that are collectible and useful medicinally frequency rise and also just really pretty. And so that's what geeks say we rock hound because we're like being hounds, like you know, sniffing it out looking for him, but digging over, you know, turning over other big rocks to see if we can find smaller rocks. But you the first time I ever went digging for crystals was with a group with you, and we went to Arkansas. And you know, that's a pretty easy trip for people in Missouri to you know, the next state over. But you know, there's all kinds of beautiful courts that can be found in an Arkansas that kind of spills into Missouri, but it's mostly in Arkansas, right, So where else I know you've you've been to like Joshua Tree, California, and some other places like in the Carolinas, and did you go to New York. There's there's You've been all over the US digging for crystals, right.
Speaker 3: Rocks, yep, yep, so yep, our first dig years ago Arkansas together. That was the beginning of kind of my career of and around the country because you know, I kind of slowed down on the rock climbing and then I was like, all right, I still love traveling. I really love seeing new places. And then I was like, all right, well the United States just some really amazing minerals all over. So yeah, once we went to Arkansas and kind of got tuned into into the Washataw Mountains, which, by the way, the Washataws, I believe, are one of the only mountain ranges full of courts that run east west in our country. So, you know, seven hour drives south of Saint Louis, you know, near Little Rock, you run into the Washington Mountains that run east to west and they are literally just growing full of clear quartz crystals. So yeah, that's basically the best quality quartz deposit in the country and maybe even the world.
Speaker 1: Really better than Brazil, you think, So.
Speaker 3: I do think, you know, clear quartz Brazil does have a lot of that, so you know, they're both very good.
Speaker 1: Deposits, though they've got different.
Speaker 3: Most definitely, all quarts is going to have a little bit different frequency for sure, depending on where you may find it. And that kind of brings me to what you were touching on earlier. There's quartz that grows out in San Diego, you know, in the mountains of San Diego, and I've been there to dig crystals. The mine that I've been most frequently is called Ocean View and that's in a place called Pala, California. And you know, we were talking about kunzite earlier. It's one of our favorite you and I's favorite crystal frequencies, you know, I know we have a lot of favorites, but it's up up there near the top. So Ocean View mine is where pink konsite was first discovered in the early nineteen hundreds, and George Folgickkuhns came to that mine in Ocean View and he, along with the miners at the time, was able to coin the name Kunzite, and that's his nest last name, cons And I think that if my Germans correct, I think that cons is translates to love. So it's really cool. We love the frequency. Yeah, it's it's a cool I mean, if my translation is correct, which I'm pretty sure, there's two words in German for love, and one of them is liba and then the other one is kons. So yeah, yep it so yeah. The Ocean View Mine is a really amazing mind that has kunzite, aquamarine, morganite, tourmalines of all colorspitolite, citrin, smoky moonstone, garnets, and the list goes on. That's that's one of my favorite minds that I like to frequent and you know, in the future, i'd like to start kind of you know, putting an invite to friends that you know, might you know, well, I have a lot of friends that are like, wow, that sounds fun. Ryan, just call me when you're there next time and we'll just we'll meet there. Yeah yeah, so uh so yeah, uh yeah. San Diego is one of my favorite minds that I've been into. And then another really cool mine in New York is where the Mohawk dream Yeah. The Herkimer diamonds or the natives call them dreamstones, so yeah, they come from Herkimer County, New York And they're a very special type of courts because technically, I think they're they're very old. They're like three hundred million years old, and I think they're a full point yeah, and they're harder than most courts, So they're like a seven and a half on the UH on the most scale. Yeah. For some reason, I've heard the theories are that they grew from stramata like fossils, and they grew very slow in the in the pockets of the dramatallite fossils. So some some geologists say that that's kind of how they got that, you know, extra hardness is because they you know, basically grew from the strumatallites that were in the ocean.
Speaker 1: Ah. Wow, that's cool. That's really cool. So have you been to Hidden Nite? I mean that. Yeah, there's like a town in South Carolina called Hiddenite, right, that's where the Hidden nighte comes from.
Speaker 3: Yep, yep. So I have been very close to Hidnite, but I have yet to go there. The places in North Carolina that I have been, I've been to Spruce Pine, North Carolina, and then I've also been to Asheville Hot Springs, North Carolina to find garnets. We we my garnet's near Hotsp Springs at this place called Little Pine Garnet Mine, and I believe that mine is now either closed or something might be restricted about the access. But I've been there a couple of times in the past ten years or so to gather the garnets. And then I've also been to Spruce Pine before, and you know, they have a lot of different minerals that grow there, sapphires, garnets, emeralds, rubies, and then just south of there, I believe is where Hidden Nite is, and that's that's where the green spodumene was first discovered in Hidden Nite. And I believe the green spo spodymen that they call Hidden Nite it's very special because it's the only type of SPoD meene in the whole world that that that's bearing Uh, it's a what is it? It's a it's bearing chromium and that's what that's what brings that green color out in Yeah, the chromium. And I'm told that all the other inkunzites might aid in the sun, but the chromium from a reason, does not seem to fade in the hidden night as much.
Speaker 1: MM hmm yeah, I mean, you know, konzite and hidden eye, they're all they're all, you know, very much of the same kind of mineral family. They're just different colors in different primary like as you say, chromium in the in the konzite in the hidden nite, and then the manganese in the pink konzite, right, and that what makes it think the manganese.
Speaker 3: I believe, so I believe so yeah.
Speaker 1: So that's what makes I mean, because that's what's so peaceful about this. This is unconditional love. This is the highest frequency of the water element stones in my training. And h yeah, I love Kunzi. It's just really such a oh, it's like a hug. That and rose quartz are but those are the ones I go to when I'm feeling down and I need a hug. I need a hug from my from my mineral friends. Yeah. So if you had, if you had a chance to go someplace else to dig, where would you want to go outside of the US.
Speaker 3: Wow, that's that's a very hard one. I kind of know the answer to that one. I please would go out to visit my good friend he Gundersson in Astrica. We've been talking for about ten years about linking up and you know, going to the outback and you know, if it works out in the future, I'd love to go find the ocean, the blue Ocean kyanite that Patrick you know, he he knows where to find it. And it's just right out of the hillside. It's just so beautiful it is.
Speaker 1: It's gorgeous, so gorgeous.
Speaker 3: Of it too amazing.
Speaker 1: So you go to Australia, Yeah, because Australia has oh, so many, so many minerals in that continent. It's it's incredible they've got well, you know, they have been opals that have been found in the in North America, right, but the opals in Australia are the ones that are prized.
Speaker 3: And are pretty much Yeah, I'm celebrated, I would say. And they're very stable, so you know, they're a little more durable than most opals.
Speaker 1: Wow. Yeah, because I inhance. She heard it an opal ring from my mother that she had bought for herself when she first started working in her twenties. So yeah, and it you know, she wore it almost every day. Well towards the end of her life she didn't wear it. But you know, when I was growing up, she always had that on. So she told me when I was thirteen years old, she said, Donald, someday this will be yours. So there was never any question with my two sisters who got the Opal ring. But it's it was, of course it is I got the open ring because I'm the crystal coach, right So but yeah, they wouldn't. My other two sisters wouldn't really have a clue about how to appreciate. You know, the opal itself is a fire open. Have I shown it to you? I don't know. I maybe haven't, but it's a fire open. It's just really super and intense. It needs to be cleaned. But aside from that, yeah, it's cool. So poll and what else is it? Is Australia famous.
Speaker 3: For so last year Patrick expected the largest and this geode in Australian history. So yeah, uh trick. And Australia has a bunch of really good ammethetists. They have very good toast. They have amazing aquareine and a lot of that equa can be blue or that nice beautifureen that everyone kind of hears about in the legs of Anquity. It's it's an interesting fact that you know, long ago when they said, oh, sailors, you know, they used the aquamarine to help protect their sea voyages. So supposedly the aquamarine would help protect the seafares from the beefening voices of remnant atlantis. He's would sing song they were going to dry. At some times the dry sorts over to their and they and the old thing tick me that they figure out how to pet most sailors, as they said, you have to get really nicees of marine.
Speaker 1: Mmm mmm nice. You know, we're we're having some weather, extreme weather here while we're recording, and so you know, it could be that we're going in and out because of the lightning and thunder, messing with the Wi Fi. But we'll keep going. So let's just let's talk a second about choosing and using stones.
Speaker 2: Let's talk rocks.
Speaker 1: I have a list of rocks that I give to somebody that's saying, well, what do I if I'm just starting out what I need? And you know, I always say you need to choose from what your body is drawn to. But there is you know, like five or six that are just like a go to starter. Right, I don't know what I do, but I'm curious about what you would recommend to say, kiddos or well just anybody Crystal curious what they would what what would be good ones just to start with, just to work with from your perspective.
Speaker 3: Sure, Anna, So you know, I've been working stones a while, working with the properties for a time. Sometimes it depends on the day that you would ask me the question. But I guess what I'll do is I'll just how I started. You know, early on, I was probably eight years old and my dad gifted me a fossil of a little fern leaf. Oh and I still have it to this day, and I consider it the benchmark of my collection because it's it's it's so earthy and and I love ferns, being a Celtic person, and I have Irish so connection to the emerald tiles and the ferny, the ferny faye realm. So yeah, I just I really like fossils. You know, if you can find something really earthy, they're very supportive, and you know, they help kind of form a foundation that you can move upward beyond that as like a zero point.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like the Nautilists. The spiral effect of the Natilists too, as a fossil, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, amalytes are great anything sacred.
Speaker 1: Spiral, yes, absolutely, well, I was thinking, you know, for kids obviously clear courts, which helps to amplify whatever and gives gives a little clarity. But also rose quartz because of the love and the frequency that's so soft and comforting. And amethyst also because of the way in which it can help you connect to that part of you that's not physical and kind of lend some protection. I like black turmaline, that's one of my go to stones because and certainly I've bought a lot of gratermaline for you, but that transmits negativity to clear light. So it's just one of those really good stones, all purpose stones to kind of have with you, to carry around with you, to have around on your person or around your environment in your home. You know. So those are are kind of like some of my recommendations that I feel like everybody needs to have those to start, and you just kind of expand from there. I mean, to your point about acamarine, I mean, it really is such it's a watery element and it helps you just kind of let go of stuff you're hanging on to emotional stuff, but that's something that you know, you you would take down the line as you learn how to work with crystals and stones, you know, so you start out with fossils. Is there anything else that you would say for our listening audience would be good to start.
Speaker 3: I think my second stone I ever kind of discovered in the world, sides the ones I was finding on the ground in the mountains, the second stone I really encountered was Lapis lazuli. So I really do love lappin. And that's a three way combo of white causite, pyrite, fulls gold, and lasual. So those three minerals kind of form a three way combo. That's it. It's very beneficial. I don't know if I would call it, like, you know, a beginner stone, but I think when I was about ten, I kind of was gifted a strand of beads that were lapis, and it started getting me ready for my mission of working with the stones, because you know, I think, what kid really, you know, you go through childhood, you see fools gold, You're like, wow, I have to have a piece of that gold because it's you know, that's enough seyah. You know, it's affordable, it looks like gold, and it's very grounding. So you know, if I had to re end another great stone with high write, but I said, i'm APIs early on, and it was it was, you know, a great stone for me. I would agree with you that if you wanted to start simple, you know, a fossil or black turning or amethysts, rose quartz, you know, a lestial clear quartz is very good. Citrine is another great one. Yes, and then you know, I think we both would we love kyanite, like cayanite is just pretty solid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it really is, but it's it's harder to find, you know, and it's not it's more expensive. So you know, when you've got people that just looking, especially kids, you know, you got folks that are unlimited income of the whatever they really want to start out. So you you know, the ones that are more available are the ones that are more affordable. Although rose quartz is getting kind of pricey these days, but there's just still there's an abundance of rose quartz as well as black turmaline at this point. You know, we keep digging it out of the earth, and the more the things that the huge pieces that keep coming out of the earth, I keep feeling like the earth we don't need to. We need to leave them in there. They're there for a reason and it and it kind of bothers me a little bit that where we might be in our zest, in our appetite for the you know, all of these shiny objects we are, we're cutting off our nose despite our face.
Speaker 3: So in essence, uh I am. You know, I always listening to the anstors and what they appreciate all many things, especially any type edicine, whether it's uh pense urals whatever you're king medicinal. You always the best rules of them is tose balance. So it's very good, exactly balanced for directions. You know, heart or heart always tell us we need and something to upsetick our egoing will be like I want to bring home the mountain. And you know I always hold myself if I thinking that way, I say, Ryan, that's not all going to fit in the car.
Speaker 1: No, No, it doesn't balance.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you know, you teach the kids saying, hey, you want justine so you can appreciate, ciate what the mineral kingdom represents. So as long as you don't have too much, then you can't take it ranted, and then you're appreciative of the collection that you are able to attract and humbly work with. So yeah, the balance is he for us right now, you know the rereasure aspect that I want it all that sing. We need to definitely make sure we keep in check because I think humanity, you know, it's safe to probably we all hear those vois inside. But as you say, hey we gotta share, Ryan, you gotta share so everybody can get a little bit. So then we appreciate the bride combs that you know, the creator here it has left us right because.
Speaker 1: I know but you know you were talking about your friend Patrick has found the biggest amethyst in all of Australia, and it's like, well you found it, good for you leave it there. I mean, you know this part of it me that this feels like it we're we're doing. We're taking away that that support, that internal support that that Mother Earth is giving us as we walk on her by pulling all of that out, you know. So I'm just in a conundrum about the whole, the whole masterlinding aspect of it.
Speaker 3: So I've sorry Patrick, and it helped clear the whole thing up a little bit. So Patrick, I know almost for a fact, that he is balanced when he minds. So he had a pretty internal dilemma with trying to go out did he want to extract the theode A lot of other minds because it was so far out there most ninety you know, a good portion of the miner wh would ask if they found that because it was so hard to drack. He you know, he spent six years trying to track that Jode Perkeley so it would make it to museum, it would be vague. And he, you know, on Instagram broke that cried because he had all the world Patrick the crime try to get things into entire and he's said, no, one highest off, We're not do this all the time. But this is a linim achievement. And he on a question to get at all so that to get an age wheeler all out and out and carefully extra the zeo the team of and was and I the hatch was following his inner because when you see the guys crying, balling and my flings were people couldn't understand why I did this. People were being fished by.
Speaker 1: Well, I mean you know that I understand that, I understand that and and I and I appreciate you giving me the color commentary on on how he extracted it. I'm just really what I was going. Where I was going was the you know, the mass production, you know, the mass minings, you know, like it's almost like strip mining, you know, just digging, digging chunks of the earth out looking for stuff. And that's not what individuals do, but there are some people. There's there's some companies that are out there that that you know, that's their area of specialty. You know, it's been great to talk to you, and I can't believe that an hour is already gone, but I wanted to let the folks know how to again that you are. Your main main way to see your work and see some of the stones and some of the medicine bags that you produce is through Instagram. And then your handle on Instagram is Blue Feather Minerals, right, and that's that's the way that they can reach you. They can you know, message you on Instagram and and find you there and what you do. And I hope people will take time to check Ryan's page out Blue Feather Minerals and see the wonderful work that he does and some of the really beautiful specimens that he has for sale. So Ryan, thanks again for showing up and I'm sorry that our at was a little off today, but you know we made it work. So thanks again. But my friend and uh, we'll see you next time. And for the audience, thank you, thank you for being with us, and we'll see you next time on the Crystal Coach Show. Bye. For now. You have been listening to.
Speaker 2: The Crystal Coach Show, helping you live.
Speaker 1: Every day with clarity, guidance, and practical wisdom with me, your host, Anahada. Tune in every first and third Monday at ten am Pacific time on Transformation.
Speaker 2: Talk Radio dot com where we channel.
Speaker 1: Divine wisdom through stories of service, spirituality, and stones for self care. Feel connected and reside in the vibration of love.
Speaker 2: On the Crystal Coach Show.
Speaker 1: For more information and to become the best version of yourself, visit the Crystalcoach dot com. That's the christ to Coach dot Com. See you next time.