Speaker 1: The LA Clippers.
Speaker 2: The game is ended, gather round boys, time to recap, but the post game coverage is just getting started.
Speaker 3: The successes the failure.
Speaker 2: Let's discuss this is Clippers locker Road breaking down today's action with the pre and post game voice of the Clippers. Here's Ada Moss Lag.
Speaker 4: Well, okay, see you got forty five, a career high from SGA and they would hold on after the Clippers came back down twenty to win one thirty four to one twenty eight over your Los Angeles Clippers. Welcome into your post game show. I'm at a Oslin coming up. We got second half highlight, your post game box score and more. But first back out to pay Cooms Center with your radio voice of the Clippers in Carlo Jimenez. Carlo, a frustrating one for Clipper Nation because they battled back. It was there, but self inflicted wounds once again. Down the stretch, that hard and turnover leading to the jump ball, A couple of misfree throws late. We have seen this story before.
Speaker 5: Yeah, tough one for the Clips. In the matter of you felt like you could have had this one right after being down by twenty in that third quarter. Despite all the mistakes the Clippers had had them twenty turnovers at that point, and the ball game, and yet they came all the way back. They made a two point game, laid down the stretch, but they're unable to get over the hill. OKC, who is so good at home, remains undefeated when leading going into a third quarter. I think, though, Adam, there's so much positive to take from a game like this early in the season. I think a game like this gives you all the confidence in the world, all the confidence of the world. Fill scover team. You turn over twenty five times, Norman Pala has two points in the first half, and yet you almost win a game in which Norm fouls out and Harden has five thousand shoots five or fifteen from the field. The Clippers learned that they can go step with step with the best team in the West on the road in a hostile environment. They were right there tonight, and I think this lets them know the bar is high. I mean, this is no longer a team. I know they talked about understanding that wherever. All the analysts, all the media, everyone picked them to be next year team. Some people didn't even have them in the play, but I think this game, this kind of performance sets that standard really really high for this team, because on a night where you make so many mistakes, you still had a chance to win the game.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I agree with you. I find more positives in this game, even in a loss, than maybe the positives we found in the last games in a win in some ways, because you're down big self inflicted wounds, fifteen turnovers in the four first half alone, and they couldn't figure out how to get a Vista Zubas involved early, and they finally did in that second shift with him in the third quarter. Norm started to cook twenty nine points in the second half. He wasn't deterred by the fact that he had that slow start. He's looking like a star right now, even against one of the best teams out there, with all the guys in the world, you could want to de up Norman Powell. In the second half. They couldn't stop them, and this Clippers team fought down the stretch. They did not give in. They had some tough calls go against them, and they were still right there.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I mean, think about it at them. Okay, se shoots twenty three free throws tonight. They make twenty two of them.
Speaker 7: It takes Shay Guild to Alexander to have a coreer high forty five points, five steals, and hits fifteen free throws, and the Clippers were right there the whole way. You really feel like this is a game despite not being able to come away with the win, gives you the confidence that, unless you're playing at him one of the top teams out West, the Clippers should be winning every single night. If anything, they should be in every single game they play. There's no reason not to with their play right now. In a night where you have twenty four turnovers, you're within six. I mean, are you kidding me? Against Oklahoma City? This is a This is a team that.
Speaker 5: Did all the wrong and right things, and if you do a little less wrong things, you probably win this game.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: And the Clippers are still without Kawhi Leonard. We can talk about Okay see not having their big men right now, but the Clippers are missing Kawhi Leonard, and I think their margin for error is wider than we thought going into this season with how they have played over the last week or so. Being in a game like this against OKAC, with all the mistakes they had made and still having a chance to win late on the road. It says something about this group. You see Norn Powell playing like an All star right now. They're more talented, I think offensively than maybe we gave them credit for after the first handful of games. They are showing something right now that they can hang with anyone.
Speaker 5: They really can at them. The defense is there in the half court. They are up there with the best in terms of their defense and the offense when they have their superstars going. I mean even today when James Harden wasn't going well, the Clippers only were down thirteen, I believe at halftime against Oklahoma City, with Hard and struggling from the field and Norm being essentially a non factor to start this ballgame. The Clippers show today that the bar will oh the standard is much higher than I think anyone thought at him coming into this year. That's what we learned today here at Pecon.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm proud of this group. I'm interested to hear what coach Lusay's postgame. I know he'll touch upon the turnover issue, but there was something to this game that maybe the Clippers are even I don't know, reinforcing that identity of theirs. They are not giving up no matter what the score is, because down twenty on the road to Okay se could have broke them. Just like being down twenty six at home to the San Antonio Spurs. They came back and won that game. They came up just short in the comeback this time. But I like what we saw in the second half. They made the right adjustments. If they just started this game differently, it could have been a different outcome, Carlo. But they will try to get back up on the horse. They will be in Texas. Taken on the Rockets, a little two game mini series, a baseball mini series, I think is what you called it. Earlier Wednesday and Friday in Houston against the Rockets. Tip time, same time, five pm Pacific on Wednesday. We'll have your pregame show right back here at four, Carlo Jimenez. Great call is always talk to you on Wednesday, my front.
Speaker 5: Talk to you Wednesday, Adam. If you want to turn this one into a positive, they gotta bring it to Houston.
Speaker 4: We'll see there. Let's go and even bigger because we know the OKC thunder have a pick swap with either the Clippers or the Houston Rockets likely the team that finishes worse than the standing so a big two game mini series coming up. More on this one. After the Clippers losing OKC, the comeback came up short. One thirty four one twenty eight was your final again Shake Gilds Alexander with a career high forty five points in the win. More Clippers post game right after this. You're listening to the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Best fans in best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 2: Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 6: Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 4: Clippers battled but come up short thanks to twenty plus turnovers. They would lose in Oklahoma City one thirty four to one twenty eight to SGA, who went to a went for a career high forty five points in the victory. Clippers dropped two six and five on the season. Welcome back into your Clippers postgame show. I'm Adam Moslin. Coming up. We'll have Clippers talk for you on AM five to seventy LA Sports eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy eight sixty six nine eight seven two five seventy is the phone number. Let's get to some second half highlights here. Clippers battled, They were damn big. They were down by as many as twenty in this one. They were down sixty six to fifty three at the half, got down by twenty in that third quarter. But then Norman Powell, who only had two points in the first half off of free throws, started to cook in that third quarter.
Speaker 5: Back out to Norm jams right, moves left, gets around Williams, klites the rim men lays out of a left hand Norman Powell with a finish and bound it done left wing. Norman Pound dribbles with the right hand, sizing up Carusoe all right wing, three lights is it from downtown? Ten point game, minute fifteen to go in the third Carusoe looks for help, bounces it Norman poun to take away. He's got Dylan Jones tail getting Norman to the rim, lays it up on the right hand and it rolls through for two. Norman Powell in the right wing with fifteen in the frame, dribbles to the right hand with three seconds, right wing with two seconds, a right corner three falling away.
Speaker 4: The reasons Norman Powell, Norman Storman Pow or Storm and Norman Powell had eighteen points in the third. Third quarter alone got the Clippers back into this one. In the fourth quarter, it was back and forth. The Clippers just could not get enough stops as Okay see at thirty five points in the fourth quarter also got to the charity stripe Charitablee quite often there the Clippers could not defend without fouling. Norman Pow would fall out of this game, but still was doing damage in the fourth scoring wise. Before that, Norm continued to hit some big shots, but the Clippers would fall one thirty four to one twenty eight. That is your final in OKAC. Clippers will be in Houston on Wednesday for a Texas two Step two games in Houston two game mini series Wednesday and Friday, tip off on Wednesday's same time at five pm. More on this one final box score coming up next after the Clippers lose by six in OKC to the thunder and you're listening to the Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Best fans in best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 2: Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 6: Back to Clippers basket.
Speaker 4: Clippers lose a heartbreaker in okay See in a game where they were down by as many as twenty. They had it down to two three points late. Not good enough execution. They missed three big free throws and then that jump ball between Lou Dort and James Harden after James Harden lost the basketball. Huge play there. Okay See hit their free throws. SGA went for a career high forty five points, and the Clippers ended up by my tally it says twenty one turnovers leading to twenty five points. What's amazing is OKAC only had eleven turnovers and the Clippers got twenty one points off those eleven turnovers. That's incredible. So the Clippers, in some ways they had moments of brilliance where they played some of their best basketball and other times some of their worst basketball. This season just an absolute mixed bag. And you know what, it was twenty four turnovers and Okase didn't have one in the fourth quarter, so they were better down the stretch. They out executed the Clippers, and the Clippers were in a hole heading into that fourth quarter. As good as Norman Powell was hitting that three pointer to end the third, incredible shot falling out of bounds, bringing it to within five. Okase closed better. They went twenty two of twenty three at the charity stripe the Clippers. They missed nine free throws on this one, but one by beats a Zubos late one by James Harden won by Norman Powell. It has been a running theme. I'm proud of the group in many ways, but they were also their own worst enemies. We self inflicted wounds have to stop, and I felt like early on they were trying to play at Okase's pace and that is a problem. Still, great performers from Derreck Jones Junior, who dropped twenty eight of thirteen, shooting four to five from distance normal pal with his thirty one, twenty nine of which came in the second half. James Harden continues to struggle from the field five of fifteen, did hit a couple of key three pointers, seventeen points, nine assists, but five turnovers for him off the bench, a mere coffee was awesome, thirteen points in twenty seven minutes. Clippers just can't put themselves in a hole down twenty not against Okce Clippers lose this one one thirty four to one twenty eight. They fought, they battled, but the comeback comes up short. They'll regroup get back after it against Houston on Wednesday. Tip Off is at five pregame show at four outside of Los Angeles. We are leaving you until then. Coming up next on five seventy LA Sports though, we'll have Clippers Talk.
Speaker 2: And with that, just like that, another Clipper broadcast is ended, parting Chudging. This has been Clippers Locker Road, a postgame look at today's scal.
Speaker 3: Every game all season long.
Speaker 2: Thank you for joining us, for all the action on the LA Clippers Audio Network. Phoning in.
Speaker 3: We're taking your calls on the LA Clippers right now.
Speaker 2: This is Clippers.
Speaker 6: Talk on Aaron on Demand, the Clippers Show of Record.
Speaker 2: Your chance to react to everything.
Speaker 3: Clippers Clippers news happens.
Speaker 2: Let me guess it's about Kawhi. Here we are and now here he is the host of your LA Clippers pre and postgame.
Speaker 3: At follow Adam a Adam Ousley.
Speaker 4: Stop me if you heard this one before. Late game turnovers and miss free throws, doing the Clippers as they battled back down twenty and OKC against Sga, who had a career high forty five points, but come up short. Clippers lose one thirty four to eight to the Thunder. Welcome in to Clippers Talk here on M five to seventy LA Sports eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy is the phone number if you'd like to get on. But well, we have a moment. Let's pause ten seconds for station identification here on Los Angeles Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 2: This is LA clip first Basketball AM five to seventy KLAC Los Angeles ninety eight seven KYSR HD two Los Angeles and iHeartRadio station with you till.
Speaker 4: A little bit after the bottom of the hour. But this was a frustrating one kipronation. I understand that because this was the first game I felt like this season. And I don't mean to start with this off the top, but people are blowing me up at Clippers stock on the YouTube side saying we got a bad whistle, and I thought they did too. Norton Powell fouls out on a pretty weak call. They reviewed it, they upheld it. James Harden had five fouls. He was in trouble. I mean, how many guys were in foul trouble in this game. Chris dunnoff the bench, had a couple of fouls that went against him where I didn't see the consistency with the level of physicality they were letting Okay see play with compared to the Clippers. I didn't like that. Now, I'm not saying that's the reason the Clippers lost ball game. It didn't help, but they put themselves in that predicament where they were down big early on because of all the turnovers. I said heading into this game, keet to victory twelve turnovers or less. They had fifteen in the first half alone. That can't happen, not against the Thunder And I think I know why it happened. They couldn't figure it out early with the Viza Zubas once again against Okac to start this game, just like last game when they tried to exploit him against the Smalls and Caruso and the little guys trying to double him and j Dubb. They couldn't figure it out initially. They kept making the mistake of making the entry pass always from the top of the key. That's a harder pass to make when guys are fronting him. If you get into somebody on the wing to make the pass, then Zoo can steal his man and you can find the angle a little bit easier. They finally got it going in the second half, finally after his second stint in the third quarter. But I'm telling they weren't gonna be able to beat OKAC at their own game, playing small and trying to run with a team that's top five in pace, that also is the best defense in the league by a mile. The OKC thunders defensive rating is like ten points better per one hundred possessions than the next best defense. It's incredible. So trying to play at their pace, I think is what got the Clippers turning the ball over. I think it got them sped up. I'm interested to hear from coach lou about that, because at times they were successful and at times the turnovers were coming in bunches. I think OKAC had eleven more shot attempts in the first half then the Clippers, let me see, uh make it nine fifty one to forty two, nine more shot attempts in the first half, as the Clippers had for fifteen turnovers to five for OKC in the first twenty four minutes. They're not gonna beat them at their own game. They had to figure out how to get a Ea Zubots involved against a team playing small, not letting him get doubled turn the ball over. I think one of the first plays of the game was a turnover by Viatza Zubots as they tried to give him the basketball. That one was completely on him. I think there were some good lessons learned though, because in the second half, in the third quarter, in that second stint, they finally got Zoo going and that was the difference. That's when the Clippers started to make their run. That's when things changed. After they had another turnover to start the third quarter, Derek Jones Junior was looking for Vitza Zubots and the Clippers ended up going small early on in the second half. Then when they came back to Zoo down fifteen at the four minute mark, that's when they started to cook hard. Knocked down a couple of three pointers. Zuo dunked on Dort Dort off a pass from I think Norman Powell on the left wing. Harden still got an offensive foul. There were a ton of those in the game with the Clippers who felt like Zuo had an and one, though off a KPJ passed from the wing. He started to crush them and to the third quarter. In the last four minutes, he had a dunk to make it an eight point game. After Chris Dunn was the first to a loose ball that ended up in a Norman pal three pointer, who also got going in that third quarter after having just two points in the first half at the Charity stripe. No less, Norman Powell had eighteen points in the third quarter alone. But there was a play where Chris Dunn went to the floor faster than anybody I've ever seen for a loose ball right before normOn paw three to bring it to within ten. Then a Zuo dunk brought it to eight. I steal in a normal layup and it's down to six. And then he ends up getting a three pointer to end the third quarter from the far side corner. Just a ridiculous, high degree of difficulty shot, and the Clippers, who were down twenty in the third, had it to within five to start the fourth. Then it was Zoo over Crusoe to start the fourth quarter, but then he missed a couple of good good looks against Crusoe one. There was a double or a triple team there. He tried to force it, but you gotta take advantage of the smalls mouse in the house. So after making his first shot the fourth he missed two in a row. Clippers, though, were still hanging in there. Yes, the turnovers would hurt them. One from a mere coffee leading to an ouls Crusoe bucket one oh seven to ninety nine. Then it beats a zoobots was not found by James Harden at around the nine minute mark, are an inbounds pass with point eight seconds left, when Zoo had the mismatch, he went away from him. It ended up being a twenty four second violation. Another turnover. So let's see how many they had in the fourth quarter alone. I'll say this, they did their best work in the fourth. After having fifteen turnovers at the half and six more in the third quarter. The Clippers ended the fourth at twenty four, so they only had three turnovers in the final twelve minutes. I'll give him that, but it's just the totality of them. You put yourself in a hole like that against OKC, it's a problem. And they made a ton of big shots Lou Dort, J Dubb SGA. Of course, the Clippers really pushed them and Oka See. I don't think it was so much that the Clippers were just awful down the street to this game, but Okaysee had a lead and they made big shots to hold on to it. There were some huge shots though by the Clippers. A Norm three to make it a five point game. Dort responds with a jumper. Norm gets to the line, goes one for two. H six point game, a J Dub bucket back to eight. Zoo spins on J Dub on the other way on the other end, six point game again SGA bucket, eight point game. They were responding to everything. James Harden gets hits hit by it by the elbow of Shay Gilds as Alexander at the Temple. He was out for a second. Then he gets fouled, goes one of two. Seven point game, could have been six. Then Zoo had a crazy offensive rebound though off of his miss free throw that led to a NORM three. So I don't know, Blessing in disguise he missed that second free throw James Harden, but then at JDub three to respond. So the lead is back to eight. Offensive rebound from Derreck Jones Junior was also a big play. Zubots goes to the line though after they get a stop and then he misses one. It's a three point game. Like they all add up him. James Harden, Norman Powell missing free throws SGA immediately hits a three doubles a score from a three point game to a six point game. Then Norm has this ridiculous reverse layup in traffic with three defenders there, takes it down to a four point game, but then he fouls out weak foul. I agree with you, guys. They challenged it to no avail. Isaiah Joe layup turned out to be a seven point game after they hit the free throw after the foul two. Then Harden with the oop to Derek Jones Junior to make it a five point game. Like the Clippers does not give up at all. That resilient nature remained intact. That's what has me encouraged in some ways by this loss more than I was encouraged in some ways by wins. Honestly almost given a game away to the Toronto Raptors. The Clippers had it down five forty five seconds left and it beats the Zubas, gets the n one and this time does hit the free throw. It is a two point game at one thirty one twenty eight, but another foul Sga gets fouled by a mere Coffee on a jumper. Tough call. Again, he hit both. It's one thirty two to one twenty eight, and then Harden gets clamped by lou Dort, loses the basketball, turns into a jump ball. Okay Se wins it, and they win the game one thirty four to one twenty eight. My point is, if this Clippers team could have figured out early on how to unlock a Vita Zubots and get him going and impose their will, and they tried. I mean, they had how many stints with the Vita Zubats before they figured it out? At least three before that second stint in the third quarter around the five to four minute mark where they finally figured out how to get him going. Finally. Had they just been able to do that earlier in the game, they wouldn't have been down twenty. They wouldn't have had as many turnovers, I don't think, because they were trying to play small and play at Okac's pace and that's not gonna work. Even when they won their minutes initially in the first quarter by going small, why would it say they went like plus four at one point right away they went plus eight when they put a two men. They were only down by one after the first quarter, But then they started to lose those small ball minutes. It wasn't sustainable. The only path to victory to me would be getting of each of Zubats going and whether it was on him or on the guys, getting him the basketball and making poor post entry passes.
Speaker 3: They couldn't do.
Speaker 4: It the first three or four stints with the each of Zubats till the end of the third quarter. Too little, too late. They were down by at least fifteen by the time they figured it out. In Oka. C out executed them to a degree. I guess late. I mean they hit a lot of big shots, and they hit a lot of free throws. Idn't think the Clippers, though, were awful. Only three turnovers in the fourth yes, three miss free throws. One of them turned into a three pointer, though off an offensive rebound. On the second one missed by Harden, so it's really two that hurts you. They weren't perfect. But it wasn't that they were so bad in the critical moments as it was. Okay, see answering every time the Clipper made a shot or getting to the free throw line, and Clippers not being able to defend without fouling on some pretty TICKI tac week calls. We'll take your phone calls. You know what, I'm gonna win right now, Mike in La, Mike, you're on Clippers stock without a maslin. What's up?
Speaker 2: Twenty What was it? Twenty two to twenty four? Twenty five turnovers?
Speaker 4: Twenty four?
Speaker 6: How many miss free throws?
Speaker 2: Twenty four turnovers? And what was it? Nine? Eight? Nine miss free throws?
Speaker 8: Nine?
Speaker 6: I mean, it's amazing that they got back in it.
Speaker 4: Well guess what they went encouraging about that They had their best three point shooting game of the season. This might be their best of the entire season. They went twenty of thirty seven from three. That's fifty four percent.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, I look, I like the fight for them to you know, get back in it when they were down twenty and to you know, make a game of it.
Speaker 6: But I mean, you know, I guess is it on the coaching staffs?
Speaker 2: I mean I know the coaches. Coaches aren't out there passing the ball.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they're telling them to make those turnovers. Mike, that's what they're telling them. Yeah, no, I think it's what I said. They got sped up trying to play at Okac's pace. Oka See was top five in pace coming into this game. The Clippers were twenty ninth. But when things weren't working without a beatsa zoobots or you know, with him early on, they had to make an adjustment. They went small, they got into a track meet, and they either got a three pointer or turn the basketball over. It's felt like every possession, what are the.
Speaker 6: Other it really did?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Yeah, Well, anyways, I guess bronkak Houston and hopefully we can you know, get two wins there.
Speaker 6: We need it.
Speaker 4: I agree with you, Mike. It's good to hear from you, my friend. All right, don't be a stranger, absolutely well, not absolutely coming up more of your phone calls at eighty six six ninety seven two five seventy eight sixty six ninety seven two five seventy gotcha for the next twenty minutes or so here on Clippers Talk on M five seventy LA Sports after their comeback comes up short. Too many turnovers, too many mistakes, and too deep of a hole against too good of a team in the Oklahoma City Thunder, with SGA going for forty five, his career high against his former team in the Clippers, and hitting fifteen of sixteen free throws attempted. That is a that is a really big number. Sixteen.
Speaker 6: Wow.
Speaker 4: All right, coming on next more Clippers Talk. HEREATA five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 2: This is the LA Clippers Audio network, best.
Speaker 1: Fans and best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 2: Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 6: Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 4: That thing, that turnover thing Clippers had twenty four Clippers lose one thirty four to one twenty eight in OKC to the Thunder. Lauren Hill on the way in here, Welcome back into Clippers Talk. I'm Adam Oslain, the official postgame show of your Los Angeles Clippers. Whether you're listening on M five to seventy Sports, are watching on the YouTube side at Clippers Talk. Look, people are asking when's Kawhi coming back? I mean, guys, come on, what are we doing here? No one knows. I can't know. If you're asking that question the chat tonight, that's a mute. I can't take it. I mean, just listen to the pregame show with Lot Murray. So we got Lot Murray sound coming up too. But I asked him the question about Kawhi and nobody nobody knows, nobody can know. Yes, they could be eight and two or seven and four if they had Kawhi right now or eight and three. This was game eleven, but neither here nor there. Yeah, Terrence Man wasn't great again. He did knock down a big three pointer in the second half, I believe, but he only played eighteen minutes. They're closing with guys who are getting it done, a mere coffee Chris done. They've out played Terrence Man without a doubt through eleven games, and I'm not here to defend it. If they went away from Terrence Man the starting lineup, I wouldn't bat nigh. I wouldn't now do I think it's the reason they're losing or when they lose it's on Terrence Man. Not really. It's as simple as if he doesn't play well early, or doesn't play as well as those guys, he doesn't get heavy minutes so yeah, tough one because of the turnovers. Tough one because of you know, people are pointing out that, well, the Clippers actually attempted more free throws than the okay see thunder, Okay, great, like the timing of some of the calls, the late calls, Like, just because they attempted more doesn't mean I know from kliper Nations perspective that they felt all of those were legit fouls or obvious foul are not tiki tak fouls that the Clippers were being called for, right, I felt like the Clippers were aggressive. I'm not complaining about them not getting enough calls. I'm complaining about some of the calls that went against them. And it's the only time this season I've said anything about the officials. It happens like once or twice a year. Do I think that's why they lost? No, if you have twenty four turnovers and miss nine free throws yourself, there's your problem. You gotta look internally first about what you can do better. So here was Lot Murray post game with Aviza Zoo Bots. I want you guys to hear this audio. It's not that one though, it's this one. Maybe it's this one. Do we got it?
Speaker 2: Playing against that kind of line of nobody over six six? Basically, what was the adjustment that you had to make from the first outside could have time to have the game that you did?
Speaker 8: Just you know, uh, that was throwing me early post up set, you know, the set defense that were shrinking the floor, that were trying to double from the baseline. They were going the first pass so and I didn't have a good spacing, so I kept turning the wall over and uh, I was just uh, you know, they were throwing the ball. I wasn't taking the ball out one after the max. I was the first one down the floor, and uh they would throw it to me when there was no there was no help, there was no shrinks on the floor, and uh, I could play against the defense was not set, so I was playing against you know, spawn one on one. Well, can you take away from this game from a defensive standpoint? I mean not much.
Speaker 2: That scored one.
Speaker 8: Thirty so not much.
Speaker 4: Yeah, nice fade out there by Katie. I felt that deep. Not much. Not much. Shout out Patris and Buddy Show lose by six. There was big Zoo post game one thirty four one twenty eight your final n ok C as SGA win per career high forty five points, kind of salting the wound, insult to injury. He does it against his former team that traded him for Paul George, who's no longer here. Of course, it wasn't just for Paul George. It was to get Kawhi Leonard. If you get Paul George, Kawhi would sign a little more complicated. National media won't tell you that sometimes though, they'll just put up the trade graphic and graphic and be like, hey, they gave up all these picks just for Paul George. Like no, it was because they had an agreement from Kawhi Leonard that he would come if they did the trade for Paul George. So it's really for two players. I know, Nuance is tough. Uh. It was the Clippers only having three turnovers in the fourth quarter that has me somewhat encouraged. They still missed three free throws, one of them ended up in a three pointer made though on an offensive rebound by Visa Zubos and some of the stuff if he was talking about there, totally agree with. And it makes sense when they could get a stop and then beat okay See down the floor and it beats the Zoo bots was hustling down the floor, so they wouldn't be able to load up on him with a double team or a triple team because their defense wasn't set yet. When they could kind of get in I don't know, a semi transition, then they'd give him the basketball. Was just one on one coverage and he was just detonating on whoever was guarding him. Caruso Jay Dubb didn't matter. Zoo was getting that bucket. They struggled on the first half against a set ok See team, and Big Zoo had to be better with some of those plays too. There were plays to be made where he turned the ball over. He had four turnovers. Let's go through the turnover list, shall we. It is the name of the game and it's why the Clippers lost this one. I guess twenty four Tulshol two for Terrence Man, three for Deris Jones Junior, four for Big Zoo as I mentioned, three for Norman Pale, five for James Harden. Of course, he has the ball in his hands far more than anyone else, and as the highest usage rating you would expect it. He also led them in the assist department with nine two Ferniko Batoum, you know who didn't have a turnover and had eight assists. Chris got that dog in him. Done. Chris Done had a hell of a game, guys. I can't say enough about how well he played. He played I don't know, like something like thirteen or fourteen straight minutes from midway through the third till midway through the fourth quarter. Something in there. He had a big rebound and put back over two defenders early in the game. He had the big three that killed a fourteen to ohero run in the second quarter by ok Se. That was one of the big runs, the biggest run where things started to get away from the Clippers, where the turnovers are coming in bunches. You can point to that for one of the reasons they lost this game. He had another three with thirty seconds left in that second quarter. He had that hustle play where he got to the floor in a loose ball quicker than I've seen just about anybody. But the last two fouls he picked up soft tender fouls, just not exactly a hard hack a shack type foul, but that's the way they were calling it. And the Clippers put themselves in a position with all the turnovers to where they were in an uphill battle against themselves and maybe against the officials.
Speaker 3: In some ways.
Speaker 4: It was a poorly officiated game. I felt like that, Yeah, it'd hurt the Clippers. Is it the reason they lost? Yeah? I don't think so, but I know you guys were talking about it, telling it, and I'm not going to avoid it. Were eleven games in and this is the first game that I've said anything about the refs. I think it was obvious on some of those calls. It was just tough. Dunn saved a possession around the nine thirty two mark of the fourth quarter. I mean, those hustle plays and the stuff he does is Pat bev esque. That's why he became my new favorite Clipper. I knew what he could bring. I said it before he played a game in a Clipper's uniform. There's your new Patrick Beverley. Chris Dunn, and his on ball defense is just incredible. Might be better in some ways because he's a bigger player than Patrick Beverly, really and that's very very high praise. But three of six two three pointers for him and eight assists to zero turnovers. He ended up a team high plus four in a game they lost by six. That's one where I look at the box score and the plus minus and it lines up with what my eyes saw when Chris Dunn was out there. They won those twenty seven minutes. Make it about twenty eight quick time out will come back eight six six nine eight seven two five seventy eight six six ninety seven two five seventy. If you're in the chat and you're skirred to call, don't be You can call into let yourself be heard tonight. I'm out a Masland here on Clipperstock postgame after they lose one thirty four to one twenty eight, battled back down twenty and OKC, but not good enough. They'll be in Houston on Wednesday. More on that coming up right here on AM five seventy LA Sports.
Speaker 2: This is the LA Clippers Audio Network.
Speaker 1: Best fans in best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 2: Take us with you wherever you are on the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 6: Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 4: Clippers lose lateon OKC after they made a run in storm and Norman Powell. He had twenty nine of his thirty one points in the second half. Here's one of the most encouraging takeaways. First of all, they figured things out eventually with Beatza Zubots. That is something that needed to develop and they need to show some progress in that area. How they can play against small ball lineups with the BEATSA Zubots. They figured it out eventually, so hopefully next game they can start quicker. The other thing is Norman Powell. In the first half, guys had two points and how many shots did he end up getting up? He was also in foul trouble, so I mean that's part of it. He had three fouls in the first half. He got three shots up oh three, his two points at the free throw line. He came out like a demon in that third quarter. I mean, I know he wasn't a Deacon demon or whatever. He was a bruin, but he torched the net in the third including one of the toughest shots that anyone has made all season, not just in Clippers games in the NBA. That far side corner three falling out of bounds to beat the buzzer to end the third quarter was incredible, electrifying, and he could They couldn't shut the water off. They couldn't do anything about it once Norm caught fire. One of the most capable teams in the league to guard Norman Powell with all the defenders they have in the OKC Thunder, the best defense in the league, they could do nothing. Twenty nine points in the second half. In fact, how many minutes was that that he ended up playing in the second half. That's what I'm curious about here. So fifteen in the first half and then he ends up at thirty six, So what is that like nineteen minutes in the second half. It's my math, right, fifteen at twenty one? Yeah, twenty one minutes in the second half, and Norm had in those twenty one minutes, he had twenty nine points. That is special. Norm continues to play like an All star even when he didn't have it in the first half was cold, asse frio, it did not matter in the second half, scorching hot. To turn a game around like that is really important. I think for a guy who's coming into his own that I look, he's capable of this because he put in the work, but it's still different actually going out and performing. And now I'll have more confidence. If he starts slow in a game, it doesn't matter. He can turn it around. I mean that layup he had in the fourth quarter, splitting the defense left handed, just incredible. Norman Powell, where did he end up from three ass five of eight? What is this his ninth game with five to three pointers? Who has more games with five or more threes made than Norman Powell at this point? I think Lamela was in there, maybe Jason Tatum, they were competing in that area. Zacho Quality pulled that stat last time. Kay Newton doesn't care, and that's fine. Everybody has this Chris, but I just can't believe that he could start that poor and finish that strong. Thirty one points, twenty nine in the second half, twenty nine and twenty one second half minutes for Norman Powell. So build off of it. I say after wins, there are things you can work on. We talked about that after holding on against the Toronto Raptors, after having some really bad mistakes down the stretch against Sacramento when they were up big. How many double digit leads have they had? Almost every game they've had a double digit lead. So now you got a loss, but there are lessons to be learned. There's plenty of good stuff to take away from this ultimately disappointing defeat, and I'm hoping they build upon some of the good stuff that they learned in this game against Houston on Wednesday. Tip off for that one is at five pm. Well of your pregame show starting at four. Oh, we got one more. I thought this was it and there's your twenty fifth turnover of the night. We'll add one more on. That was my fault. I thought this was the final segment. We're coming back here for one more. Clippers d up losing one nOkc to the thunder surgery ride. I called out Katie and the car I hit me right back in the face. Cormra police has arrested me. More Clippers SoC already if I seventy l A.
Speaker 2: Sports, this is the LA Clippers Audio Network, best.
Speaker 1: Fans and best arena in the entire sport.
Speaker 2: Take us where do you wherever you are on the IHEARTRADIOP Back to Clippers basketball.
Speaker 4: Clippers lose in Okay. See, it was the first game so far this season they haven't led by double digits. I certainly had double digit turnovers twenty four total. That's what did the ben We've talked about the official sum but in the end, you missed nine free throws, you have twenty four turnovers. Ten in the second quarter when that fourteen to zero run happened, they just came in bunches over and over again. They couldn't even get a playoff. Clippers need to regroup, figure it out taking on a good Houston Rockets team that has more than just standings implications. The OKC thunder choose who they pick swap with between the Clippers and Rockets after this season, so you want to be ahead of the Rockets, so they want the better of the two picks, which means you want to be ahead of them in the standings. Ultimately, so huge two game mini series coming up Wednesday and Friday. Before we get out of here, I do want to thank the Clippers organization, Ralph Lawler, Brian Seman, noa ego, Carlo Jimenez on the call, big brother Jake Warner was my friend. Happy Veterans Day, those who are serving, those who have served. And a big thank you to our producer Katie Newton tonight for not rubbing it in too much when I thought that was our last break maybe a little bit until Wednesday. I'm out of Mas and we will talk to you. Forward your pregame show, then Clippers Talk after Dark coming up on Clippers Talk on the YouTube side, and just a little bit.
Speaker 2: Guys, don't worry, this has been Clippers Talk right here on your home for the LA Clippers Audio Network. Don't miss a single edition all season long after every game.
Speaker 3: The volume is truly impressive
Speaker 2: And make sure to follow wherever you podcast for special offer editions Clippers Talk Maybe