Speaker 1: Shone oh five Best Person seven oh six Here fifty five cars de talk Station Americans for Prosperity, donald'neil at the bottom of the hour, one small step campaign. But prior to that, I enjoying the fifty five carse Morning Show. Returning, I should say Merrill candidate for the City of Cincinnati, Corey Bowman. Corey, welcome back, my friends. Good to have you back on.
Speaker 2: Great to be back.
Speaker 1: How's the campaign going.
Speaker 2: It's going great.
Speaker 3: We've done a lot of foundational work in the last few weeks since we got certified with our signatures, and we're officially having our campaign kickoff tonight.
Speaker 1: All right, Well, I have to ask you out loud. I know Joe Joe asked you before we started talking. Uh, do you have any interesting or tweets out there that you might regret from price if you're running for a Republican As a Republican, you didn't buy any chance endorse Democrats or push anti Trump narrators or anti Republican narratives online. Did you buy any chance?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 3: I was cracking up with that joke, but no, I don't think he'll be finding.
Speaker 2: Any of that.
Speaker 1: Glad to hear it. A problem that Brian Frank apparently has run into anyway, moving away from him, and not to give him any lip service, but if you want to check his ex account you'll see exactly what I'm talking about. Anyway, Corey, I understand you have an event you want to tell people about, a kickoff campaign kickoff event. Let's start there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I really appreciate the opportunity to tell people about it. You know, we, like I said, we've done a lot of foundational work getting our branding, website, contribution, you know, accounts all set up and strategy.
Speaker 2: These last few weeks.
Speaker 3: And so tonight at Bad Tom Smith Brewing which is at five to nine zero zero Madison od It's an event that's available for all. It's our official campaign kickoff and it's going to be happening from five thirty to seven thirty.
Speaker 1: Pm Bad Tom Smith Brewery.
Speaker 3: Yeah, sir, Yeah, it's in Massville area. Great location. We're going to be able to have you know, some light food and refreshments available for everybody.
Speaker 2: We're going to be giving away some free.
Speaker 3: Merch for our first official merch of the campaign. And then a lot of people been asking about, you know, where we stand on certain issues. Oh yeah, we've been you know, we've been doing issue we've been doing interviews and stuff. But we're going to be laying out a lot of very specific things tonight.
Speaker 1: Well I'm glad to hear that, because that's really critical to running a campaign. You got to have issues. You got to talk about critical important things. What is Numero uno for Corey Bowman? If you had to assess the landscape and you were elected mayor what what would be your first order priority?
Speaker 3: Absolutely number one is money management. I'm gonna be talking about that tonight. But we see what's happening with the federal government. We see the abuse, the waste of the corruption and what I tweeted this a while back, or on the night of the presidential address, that the last stand for all this corruption abuse is going to be these downtown cities. And so we have to have proper money management in these downtown areas. For the budget, we've got to know where the money's going, and we have to prioritize the budget not for you know, certain issues that look good on paper. We've got to prioritize the issues that actually make the lives of the residents better.
Speaker 1: Well, you know, I think about that. And we've been having a lot of well some several jokes, but it's not really a joke when you've let your infrastructure deteriorate over the years and you're so far behind in road repairs. I mean millions and millions of dollars behind and hundreds of miles behind the road repairs. You got to take care of your neighborhood.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 1: It's that broken windows theory. The worse the neighborhood looks, the more likely it attract crime, and the more likely people are not going to want to move there. So I would hope that an order priority would be for you. And I'm asking out loud this question, are you going to deal with the backload of infrastructure problems we have rather than and I think you alluded to it, pursue you know, fun new shiny objects.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you absolutely have to do that.
Speaker 3: And that's why money management is my number one when I.
Speaker 2: Talked to people.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of hot topic issues. When we talk about the pension, when we talk about the streetcar, when we talk about the infrastructure, and I'm telling you, all of these come back to the root issue, which is the money is not being prioritized.
Speaker 1: Well, we do have a pension problem in the City of Cincinnati. You think the administration would get all over it because there's a lot of folks out there that are relying on that for their future in retirement.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Yeah, these are issues that all relate to just terrible prioritization of the funds and the budget that's coming into of the city. And so whenever you look at a lot of these issues, if you focus on that, then we're going to be able to tackle a lot of other issues as well, you know, like the infrastructure. I'm tired of Cincinnati losing bids for major sporting events, and a lot of it's just because if you go out on a Tuesday afternoon with no event, it's wall.
Speaker 2: To wall traffic.
Speaker 3: We can't take any of any more congestion in our city.
Speaker 2: For these events.
Speaker 3: It's because the infrastructure is not in place to do it. And then obviously the potholes. You know, I'm sorry, but I'm not going to be the type of person that just puts on a vest and pretends like I'm fixing a pothole. I'm going to prioritize people actually fixing the potholes well.
Speaker 1: And prioritize fixing the three to one one system, so when you call it, you don't get a message that says it's down and not working. We discovered that the other day when we tried to call it here on the fifty five Casing Morning Show.
Speaker 4: If you're attempting to use has been restricted or is unavailable, please contact care for Systems message four zero four.
Speaker 1: Sixty five Corey. That wow, that is as of this morning. Joe called it again this morning and it's still.
Speaker 3: No way, yes morning, still this morning, even after the promotion for it.
Speaker 1: Wow yeah, yeah, and I guess it. Theyded to provide you please contact customer service. They don't even give you a number to contact them, Like, well, okay, I'll contact them, but how do I do that? So still a number of potholes reported and allegedly being fixed is pretty substantial, But there are obviously some massive, massive road problems out there that have gone unaddressed for decades. It's just it's mind numbing to me.
Speaker 3: So otherwise you might want to institute a seven sixty five number. And if you look on that, that stands for SOL.
Speaker 1: It's the state of affairs right now in the city, which is why maybe we need a change in administration. And I don't want to be a negative about this, but you're dealing with the city of Cincinnati, which has been Democrat dominated I think since Ken Blackwhill at charterright back in the late eighty early nineties was mayor. You're facing an uphill challenge. I know that, I know you're up to the task. We've talked about this before. How do you how do you maintain motivation? And are you going to be visiting some of the more blueer neighborhoods and reaching out to folks in those neighborhoods to try to convince them that your message and your plan of action is the right path to go on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have to you know, the days of like I mean, we obviously this has to be a grassroots movement as people like to call it.
Speaker 2: It has to be something.
Speaker 3: But I think the biggest thing you have to think is we have to think creatively and strategically on what it's going to take. Because there's been a lot of campaigns that have come through this city to have attempted what we're doing and flipping the city. But I think that this is you know, for the lack of better words, This is a kind of a perfect storm event to where we have the momentum of people just fed up with what's going on.
Speaker 2: We have the right people. I really believe.
Speaker 3: I've met some incredible people the last few weeks that are willing to get on board with this and are willing to make a change in this city. And then, obviously what you said those communities that are the bluest of blue, I've visited those those areas and I'm just telling you there's a lot more disgruntled people than you realize. And whenever they they speak, they don't ask.
Speaker 2: You whether you're red or blue? They ask are you going to fix this?
Speaker 3: Do you care about connected community? Do you care about this? These issues that people are frankly pissed off about.
Speaker 1: Well, and you know, you just anticipate in my next question, because they're just going to got done writing down connected communities. Because the folks in Hyde Park are a little agitated about the plan development there, but seemed to be snatched from their local control by this connected communities thing that was passed out of council. Where are you on that? Would you unring that bell? And are you and when you mentioned that that you hear about connected communit these in these neighborhoods. What are they saying about connected communities, Well.
Speaker 3: We're in the West End. And the affordable housing or the government subsidized housing, whatever you want to call it, the approach that this city has taken has might It might have provided housing that people can afford, but it's not providing them the way to get out of the system. And that's ultimately what government. If there's a government program that is to help people, ultimately it's to get them out of needing that help from the government. It shouldn't be a process that you're going to be caught into the system the rest of your life. So I've witnessed those processes and those policies firsthand. When you have concentrated affordable housing in areas that is keeping people in that bondage. And then whenever I looked at the details, because I'll be honest, you know, as a few months ago, I didn't know what the connected communities was. I researched it, talked to people about it, and when you look at it, you realize that this is it's just a trojan horse for those same policies you're giving the jobs to the developers that are big time, and said the small developers that really are they that's some of the greatest value of our city is these small businesses, these small developers that can flip one.
Speaker 2: Or two properties at a time.
Speaker 3: You're taking away the historic aspect of a lot of these amazing buildings.
Speaker 2: And then you're, like I said, the trojan horse.
Speaker 3: You're putting in these policies that are just going to implement the housing policies that have kept people on bondage for years.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I share your assessment of that, and I like the idea. You know, again going back to infrastructure. If the infrastructure is solid and sound, you create a welcoming environment, an environment for a developer that like, well, listen, I got really great roads, I got great lighting. It's a developable community. That means it's worthwhile for me to acquire one of these rundown properties, turn it around, make livable and desirable, and then you have more housing. So I think that's a recipe for success. It's been a great success for so many entrepreneurs that are doing that in other neighborhoods.
Speaker 3: No, absolutely, I mean, I mean, you remember not too long ago where.
Speaker 2: We went to the Super Bowl.
Speaker 3: The whole city was just celebrating. Well, whenever we went to the Super Bowl, I was living off Fourth Street in the West End with our church and our business. And then what happened was that I would watch local developers walk around with investors and everything all around the downtown area. They were hungry to invest in our community. They were hungry to improve these buildings, to flip buildings, and to provide housing and to do all this. And sure enough, two years later, those developments haven't happened because the policies of the city choked that out. Oh you have to do it by bus zoning. There's a lot of red tape. It doesn't agree with our vision for this area. There's so much potential specifically, I mean I'm talking about in the West End, but in so many of these neighborhoods in Cincinnati. There's all this potential of these empty properties that developers, local developers would jump at the chance of flipping and turning into an amazing business and residential area. But they are being choked.
Speaker 2: Out by the policies.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember going back quite a few years and understand there's a whole lot of red tape in developing literally anything in the city of Cincinnati, and that needs to be eliminated. Elmer Hensler, the late owner of Queen City Sausage, wanted to expand his manufacturing facility and he it took him years in years, And this is, you know, a commercial area and there's commercial space. It's not like he was going to change the whole dynamic of a neighborhood. He was just going to build onto the business he'd already developed in this commercial area. But why were they standing in the way. It was the idea of creating more jobs and more space and ultimately more tax revenue for the city, and that they made it so challenging for him, it's just dumb.
Speaker 3: Well yeah, and then you got to realize this too, and I open out the can of worms here, But there's organizations and NGOs and nonprofits in the city that basically work hand in hand with the city to hold properties empty on their portfolio books so that they can have better investment opportunities other places.
Speaker 2: And so you've got to realize that.
Speaker 3: You know, whenever you have let's say, an organization in the city that holds millions of dollars worth of property but when local investors reach out to purchase their property that's for sale and there's a year waiting list on that property, and then it has to go on line with the affordable housing zoning and all sorts of other stuff of the policies and red tape, then it chokes out any type of development.
Speaker 1: That's just that's crazy, because I keep hearing they want more people to move into the city of Cincinnati and in other words, get more tax revenue from tax payers. And the way you do that is you create housing that people want to live in the idea of standing in the way in it so some other neighborhood might might get the benefit of those development dollars, which may not happen because the infrastructure is not there or some other problems. It's just dumb. Somebody wants to invest in any area of the city of Cincinnati, the skids should be greased for them to do exactly that. Corey Bowman, grease the skids. Show up tonight, Bad Time, Bad Tom Smith Brewery, fifty nine hundred Madison for the campaign kickoff event. Do you have a website up and running, Corey, Yes.
Speaker 3: Sir Coreybouman dot com. We've got the campaign kickoff there, We've got our donation page. We have a lead form that you can fill out to let us know if you want to get involved, and then after tonight we will be updating that with all of our bio and policies and getting the word out on that as well. Brian, I'd like to personally invite you and Joe tonight as well, if you're able to make it.
Speaker 1: I appreciate the invitation very much. I have checked the calendar and with my wife the boss of the house, see if we can make it. But I wish you all the success in the world in the launch campaign. Coreybowman dot com. Corey has been great having you on the show. Best of luck on the campaign trail.
Speaker 2: Thank you, Brian, have a great day.
Speaker 1: You do the same seven twenty right now if you five KC Detalk station. Odor Exit will not get rid of this bench of politics, how to point that out up front, but we'll get rid of the odors that you're dealing with in your home or in your car for example, uh, anywhere you have odors. Odor Exit has a product to eliminate them and it comes with the one hundercent satisfaction guarantee if it doesn't work when you use it as directed, whether you're using the products for smoke, mold, mildew, human owners, pet oders, food oders, you'll get your money back. And there's an eight hundred number on the website as well that you can ask questions like which product you recommend for which this odor I've got, this is the problem I've got. You can be very specific with them. They have seen any if they've dealt with every kind of odor imaginable, and they know what they're talking about. I been in business for twenty five years. It is a local business right here in the greater Cincinnati area. So support the local business and be put a smile on your face because you get rid of that odor that's annoying you. Od o r xit otorexit dot com. Order it online. It'll be delivered by tomorrow if you order before three pm, or buy it locally using the search engine right there on the website odor exit dot com.
Speaker 3: This is fifty five KRC an iHeartRadio station. Milder temperatures record