Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: Hey, good eaven than Chris Merril KFI AM six forty more stimulating talk. As we keep talking about what's happening in Iran or happened in Iran? We we mean the United States wrapped the bombs on the nuclear facilities, three nuclear facilities in Iran.
Speaker 3: Question is is that all of them?
Speaker 2: Did we get everything? Are they still enriching? Do they have more stuff going on elsewhere? These are all questions that are unanswered, and we're hoping that our intelligence.
Speaker 3: Is good and that we don't have to worry about it. They executed what they called Operation Midnight Hammer. Hey, Heather Brooker, Ry Show.
Speaker 4: Heather, Hello, happy to be here.
Speaker 3: Are you familiar with Operation Midnight Hammer.
Speaker 5: You know, I was just writing a story about that. Yeah, it's such a like that's such a dramatic name like that.
Speaker 3: I know, it's so good.
Speaker 4: It's so good.
Speaker 5: It's like, are like this is going to be a movie one day, Operation Hammer.
Speaker 3: We're just good at naming things. We are.
Speaker 4: We really are.
Speaker 6: Operation Midnight Hammer, starring Sylvester Stallone as President Trump.
Speaker 3: No President. Yeah, Oh that's very good.
Speaker 4: Yes, John Cina as Pete Hagsatt.
Speaker 3: Oh, I love the casting.
Speaker 4: This is so good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love that.
Speaker 4: It's who else we got in there?
Speaker 3: Who who plays Marco Rubio?
Speaker 4: I was just thinking that.
Speaker 3: I was like, Michael, Sarah, Michael, just throw a.
Speaker 4: Little little stunt cat little twist in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, just like a hey, guys, we're really serious about this.
Speaker 3: Guys, it's totally serious. I must see.
Speaker 2: Definitely blowback in Congress from both sides. And this is one of the things that Trump had to weigh as far as the calculus of, you know, how much political capital can he use? The president is so good at not expending political capital. Here's a guy that can say one thing and then say the exact opposite thing, and somehow people.
Speaker 3: Are like, oh, he's so good at that.
Speaker 2: Here's a guy that can endorse two people in the same race when he's when he's handing out these endorsements, and people are like, uh, it's a brilliant move.
Speaker 3: He just picked the winner. Well he also picked a loser. Ah, he's so smart.
Speaker 2: He doesn't burn through political capital. Nobody goes, my god, he's he's just endorsing willy nilly. They don't say that they go, he's so smart, So does this burn political capital? Because he said, We're not going to get involved in foreign wars. We're not gonna get involved in anymore endless war in the Middle East. He took on a more isolationist polysinist campaign. He was backed by Tucker Carlson and by Steve Bannon and others who are very isolationists, and then he was proactive in dropping bombs in in Iran.
Speaker 3: Tucker Carlson if you missed it. This week he ripped into.
Speaker 2: Ted Cruz on his own podcast because he's got a podcast. Everybody he's got a podcast. He's one of the he's one of the rare people that have their own podcast. And he was ripping Ted Cruz because he said, Ted Cruz, do you even know what the population of Iran is? And he's like, I don't know what the population. He goes, how could you not know that? You're so stupid? And Ted Cruz goes, I don't need to know. I just need to know that they're riching uranium. And he goes, you know what you need to know about the country that you're bombing? Uh, And then we've all learned it was ninety two million people that live in Iran who knew.
Speaker 7: Uh.
Speaker 2: Trump actually fired back at Tucker Carlson. And now there's this question of uh, oh, are we pro Tucker Carlson MAGA or we pro Trump MAGA.
Speaker 3: So Trump said that the Tucker Carlson was, uh, what was a freezy? Kookie said he was cookie? He said he's Kookie Tucker.
Speaker 2: Uh, somebody, this was on his he was on his truth socials. He said, somebody please explain to Kookie Tucker Carlson that Iran cannot have.
Speaker 3: A nuclear weapon.
Speaker 2: He says, I don't know what Tucker Carlson is saying. So he's not happy with Tucker Carlson. But Tucker Carlson has been a voice of MAGA for a decade except when his uh private tweets come out and then we find out he's not a huge fan. As far as the Democrats, who all keep saying, well, you have to have congressional approval, How could you do this without congressional approval? That seems to be the Democratic message right now. The Democrats are all concerned that they didn't have congressional approval. They're not necessarily opposed to what happened, but they're opposed to Trump doing it right. So they have to figure out how do we make Trump wrong in this and so they said, well, he did this without congressional approval and that was just wrong.
Speaker 3: Well, we all know.
Speaker 2: That's not how it works. We've been around, we know that's not how it works. We know that we've had presidents from both sides of the Aisle that have taken unilateral action without consent of Congress, which hasn't happened since World War Two. And yet somehow we had Korea and Vietnam and Iraq one, Iraq two, Afghanistan, all the other missions, Syria during Trump's first term, everything that Clinton got involved in Obama.
Speaker 3: It's all happened. It's all happened.
Speaker 2: And so now the Democrats are sort of saying, well, you can't do that without approval. Rocanna Democrat California. Of course, we need to immediately return to DC and vote on Representative Thomas Massey mass He's a Republican, Thomas Massey's and my War Powers Resolution to prevent America from being dragged into another endless Middle East war. Massi's a libertarian. He breaks with Trump oftentimes. Trump said he wants to primary Massy and Massey said this is not constitutional. They're all worked up over the Constitution now as far as is it constitutional. Senior Justice Department officials saying President to Trump, in consultation with the White House Counsul and the Justice Department, conducting the strikes against Iran under his Article two constitutional powers. They state the president had has broad authority to order the use of military force and advance other national interests under Article two of the Constitution, but Article one gives Congress the authority to declare war. In other words, you can do a little bit, but you can't go full out war, unless, of course, you just keep calling it a conflict, and then you're allowed to keep doing as much as you want, which is what we've done.
Speaker 3: For the last eighty years. Hey, Chris, enjoy the show.
Speaker 8: It's always a good time.
Speaker 3: This from our talkback.
Speaker 2: By the way, if you're on the iHeartRadio app, you just click that talkback button and it was your thoughts on what you're hearing. You think this is a one and done situation that Iran knows better than to retaliate, or are you afraid this is just the beginning.
Speaker 3: That's my concern.
Speaker 8: Hey, one thing you haven't really commented on was the cost of this operation. This isn't really a complaint. I'm just throwing it out there. The rough estimate from what I'm reading is about six hundred million, and the Bunker Busters alone or five hundred million. Wow, So it's pretty wild. It's a good thing we're out in debt or anything. All right, take care, all right, thanks man.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean, warrying cheap. But here's what I want you to keep in mind. We just fired a whole bunch of people. So look at I mean, Elon Musk just saved us two trillion dollars, so we got plenty of spare now.
Speaker 9: One and done for three and a half years, and then if a Democrat gets in office, it'll be like the late seventies when Jimmy Carter was in office. The Iranian has just walked all over him. He screwed up the rescue of the embassy hostages. And then as soon as Reagan was inaugurated, they let him go because they knew Reagan was gonna be like Trump is now. They were gonna basically have their butt handed to him.
Speaker 3: I mean, that's one theory on how that whole thing played out. Okay, all right, uh more from the talkback.
Speaker 10: You know what, Chris, I think what is most scarious about all this. Everyone thinks that the United States is untouchable. No one could come and get us until we're touchable. And what Trump just tweeted out or whatever. The betues just landed in Missouri. Now everyone knows where he marked these things.
Speaker 2: Oh that's never been a secret. I mean, it's like the worst kept secret. I think that's a major shoot. Everyone thinks no one could touch us and till we're touched.
Speaker 3: God. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Now they've been at wit An Air Force Base for a long time. Anybody in the Missouri area Midwest, they know where those are parked.
Speaker 3: I maybe was.
Speaker 2: It one of those things where you weren't supposed to know, but everybody knew. I worked there, everybody knew. It was not really a secret.
Speaker 11: Hey there.
Speaker 12: Yeah, I'm not worried about this Middle Eastern thing at all because the moas over there are insane and the people are not. They will capitulate and uh yeah, and it won't be a thing.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 12: Obama put boots on the ground. Clinton put boots on the ground. Trump has never done that yet. So there's that and touching on ice real quick. Remember when the Newsom shut down the entire economy and put all those people out of business.
Speaker 7: Uh huh uh.
Speaker 3: That felt like a detour there at the end, didn't it. It felt detoury, didn't it. Yeah?
Speaker 2: No way, okay, but yeah, maybe you're right. Maybe you're right about boots on the ground. Maybe you're right about not escalating. Maybe you're right. I hope you are.
Speaker 13: Papa uh Mau Mau is the beach boy.
Speaker 5: Papa mao kayla, Papa u mo Papa.
Speaker 4: I thought it was the Oakridge Boys.
Speaker 3: There's another Papa mo mo.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that's what I'm thinking of.
Speaker 3: That's it. That's the Oukage Boys.
Speaker 4: I thought a little bit about our Operation Midnight Hammer. Okay. Jason Statham as Stephen Miller.
Speaker 2: Oh that's right, that's all they got.
Speaker 4: Close, No, all right?
Speaker 6: Nick Nolty as Steve Bannon, Yes, one hundred, yes, that's good.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And then we gotta do I get I can't make myself lap. Melissa McCarthy as Caroline Lovett.
Speaker 4: Uh, just we gotta have some comedic something in there. Come on.
Speaker 2: Uh, by the way, a surfing bird and that's a trash man Okay.
Speaker 4: Too much, You're a trash.
Speaker 2: I'm confusing everything right, Yes, that's my thank you for saving us on the bad music thing.
Speaker 3: I still love the ochreage boys. Uh yeah, back to Melissa McCarthy and Susan Wilds. I'll give you that.
Speaker 4: Oh all right, we can do Susan Wilds.
Speaker 3: I was just thinking Canon maybe is uh cal.
Speaker 4: I love it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I would watch this, guys. This movie is gonna do Gangbusters fire. This is the next blockbuster of twenty thirty.
Speaker 3: I can say he's gonna bring this is gonna bring filmmaking back to LA That's what it's gonna do.
Speaker 5: Listen, so Trump listens to KFI, so I know he's listening right now, going hold on, are they reading my mind?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because this is brilliant.
Speaker 4: This is brilliant. I would like a writer.
Speaker 3: No one's come to me with a script this good in forever. Very excited about it.
Speaker 4: One big beautiful movie.
Speaker 3: I that of the other poster. Yeah.
Speaker 14: Uh.
Speaker 2: More of your thoughts on the talk back and if many of you have lots of thoughts and I can't wait to hear what else you're thinking here? Do you think this is a one and done situation with the bombing in Iran, or do you think perhaps just the beginning.
Speaker 3: That's my concern and my other concern.
Speaker 2: I've mentioned this a few times during the program tonight, if you're just joining us. My other concern is this, we have a couple of very high profile events coming to the United States. Specifically, we have the Olympics coming to LA That feels like a target. But I also know that our own security understands it's a massive target, and I know security is big lead around these massive events, and that's why we haven't seen anything go awry at a super Bowl. We did have an issue at the Olympics in Atlanta in ninety six. I don't think that that's going to be a situation that Iran can can replicate. Totally different scenario when you had a lone wolf whido and Eric Rudolph versus, you know, state sponsored even if it's clandestine. I don't think it would be the same situation. But it's still fresh in our minds for us old people. Kayla wasn't even born yet. She doesn't remember that, but I do. And so these are the things that I worry about based on experience, but also more recent experiences. All of these events have been incredibly safe. It doesn't take that fear out of the back.
Speaker 3: Of my mind. Cares about your thoughts.
Speaker 2: On the iHeart Radio, I hit that talkback button and we are live everywhere on the iHeart Radio APPPP.
Speaker 3: This is not the oom Papa mau Mau. No, no, no, no, no, Chris Marril pou more stimulating pub boom popa mau mau. We're talking about. We're talking about the Oakridge Boys.
Speaker 2: We have the Olkreage Boys on next week, right five point thirty next week, join us for the Oakreage Boys.
Speaker 3: And there's this question about the the Papa.
Speaker 2: Come to find out everybody was doing a song about Papa um mau mau or um Papa mau mau or Papa Papa mout whatever it was.
Speaker 3: This is what I'm talking about. Yeah right, yeah, here it is ba boom.
Speaker 4: Yes fingers song.
Speaker 3: Isn't that great? That's a classic cat never heard that?
Speaker 5: Who can Well, she's young, she's a young and I'm an oldie from the Midwest, so like that.
Speaker 4: I feel like was a staple on the radio.
Speaker 2: This is what I told Cale, I said nineteen eighty five. Chris is very excited about this, about having the Okraage boys on.
Speaker 4: Wait.
Speaker 5: Wait, that's how the conversation came up. I must have missed why you're talking about them.
Speaker 3: They're gonna be on with us next week.
Speaker 4: You stop it right now.
Speaker 3: You're gonna have to be here for it.
Speaker 4: That's amazing.
Speaker 5: While I'm not Brigitta will be back next week. I'm getting the boot, but that's so awesome.
Speaker 3: I know.
Speaker 5: Wait I get the war and protest in La burning and Brigitta gets the Oakridge boy.
Speaker 4: I mean, bump, this is not fair, not.
Speaker 3: Fair, Brigita. Yep, all right?
Speaker 2: Uh hey Brooker uh more from the talk back line and some people had some other thoughts too about your movie casting.
Speaker 3: For Operation Midnight Hammer.
Speaker 2: So that's still to come here, but briefly, your thoughts on what's happening with the bombing and Iran. You think it's a one and done situation, like Iran knows better too than to retaliate, or is this just the beginning.
Speaker 7: I believe Iran will be more than determined to follow the North Korean model and develop a Adam Baum.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think maybe right for.
Speaker 7: Deterrent, they'll never want to be attacked again.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Secondly, we've never won a war just with their power alone. We've always had to put boots on the ground. And thirdly, where's our coalition of allies in case that does happen? Or are we only depending on.
Speaker 2: I think right now we're depending on Israel. I think that's that's the concern. Yeah, good questions, really good.
Speaker 11: Questions, Chris. It's urned in Redondo. Hey listen.
Speaker 15: Yes, we do know that Iran violated their nuclear treaty. The IAEA pointed their violations out to the UN many times, but the UN never did anything. And then Obama put that deal together with the seven year Sunset, and then forty five came along and put an end to that the first time.
Speaker 2: All right, all right, more of your thoughts on the talkback if you're listening on the iHeart radio app.
Speaker 3: Just hit that talkback button, Hey.
Speaker 11: Burn in Redondo.
Speaker 16: Oh, So forty five comes along and says, nope, we're not having any more of that because the UN would do nothing to sanctioned Iran. So forty five sanctioned Irene and crippled them economically so that they couldn't have the military that they were able to build under Biden.
Speaker 11: Right, and then a long times forty seven and said, I'm.
Speaker 4: Sorry that must let the crats. He did it at the very end too, multiply.
Speaker 3: At the end.
Speaker 11: Yeah, from New Hampshire.
Speaker 3: Sorry from New Hampshift.
Speaker 11: Hopefully it's a one and done.
Speaker 2: But if it's not, and any keliate, I'm getting it'll be a true is done.
Speaker 3: All right? Kind of with you on that.
Speaker 2: I do think tactically speaking, it would not be wise for a Ran to retaliate.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm with you on that.
Speaker 11: Hey, Chris, it's Vern and Reeve Dondo.
Speaker 2: Okay, Vern, I can't keep doing it, Okay, Caylee know more, Vern, he swears.
Speaker 13: Here's my thoughts about Iran. I feel that it's not wanting done. I think that they will want to say face to their citizens and not stand down. But I also think that we don't know what other bad fellows they may have. That's true China, Russia, we really don't.
Speaker 3: Know, You're right, Sore.
Speaker 13: I just think we have to take it day by day again, great show.
Speaker 3: Thanks, I appreciate that. I think you're right, we don't know.
Speaker 2: I should I should rephrase that I don't know who they're bedfellows are I'm relying on our intelligence community to know that stuff, and I have more faith in them than I do with whatever I can glean from the internet. You know, I have far more faith in our intelligence gathering community. But also I know that the intelligence gathering community can't catch everything. We know this because we have you know, lone wolf attacks, or we have assassination attempts on the president.
Speaker 3: I mean, these things do slip through the cracks.
Speaker 2: I just know that the intelligence community has far fewer cracks for things to slip through than.
Speaker 3: My own limited knowledge of what's going on.
Speaker 2: More of your thoughts on this, and again, if you're on the iHeartRadio app, just click that talkback button.
Speaker 3: Let us know.
Speaker 2: You got thirty seconds unless you're the dude from Redondo and then you're banned for the week. Wow, that's the first time we banned anybody.
Speaker 3: Kayla, Yeah, messed up everybody, that's right. Let's forget your back on that.
Speaker 2: If they ask what happened, I'll say, Kayla did it, but we banned the guy as a result.
Speaker 3: So thanks Chris saving me. Yep? All right?
Speaker 2: Is it a one and done or is this just the beginning? Your thoughts next? Chris Meryl Cafi AM six forty were live everywhere in the iHeartRadio.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: Chris Meryl Cafi AM six forty more stimulating talk, can I demand anytime and the iHeartRadio app. Will we see any sort of retaliation from Iran after the United States sends our stealth bombers there and we wipe out three of their nuclear facilities? Iran says, oh, this can't go unanswered. The United States says, that would be a tragic mistake on your part if you did.
Speaker 17: And while the President says he believes the bombing will effectively lead to an end to the war between Israel and Iran, Iranian leadership says every American soldier and sailor in the region is now a target. Joint Chiefs Chairman Dan Kane, speaking at the Pentagon this morning on what's ahead for the US.
Speaker 18: Our forces remain on high alert and are fully postured to respond to any Iranian retaliation or proxy attacks, which would be an incredibly poor choice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I agree.
Speaker 2: The proxy attacks are worried about, are some of those terrorist groups from Austin Hesbal.
Speaker 18: We will defend ourselves. The safety of our service members and civilians remains our highest priority.
Speaker 17: Several members of Congress on both sides of the aisle are questioning the legality of the president's move to launch an attack on a run.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's Democrats and one Republican.
Speaker 17: So I'm suggesting it was unconstitutional for him to initiate an act of war without congressional approval.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it wasn't.
Speaker 2: That's going to go nowhere. It's going to go nowhere. Your thoughts, and we're always curious about what you think, and that's why we've got to talk back.
Speaker 19: What's Trump going to do when Putin gives Iran nuclear weapons?
Speaker 3: I don't know. That's a big question. Yeah, that needs to be answered.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I don't know if it's gonna be Putin. I don't know if that's gonna be Kim Jong Un. I don't know if anybody who's gonna be bold enough to give nuclear weapons to Iran, and then would Iran actually be bold enough to try to use a nuclear weapon.
Speaker 3: These are the.
Speaker 2: Fears that we have ever since Oppenheimer came up with this brainbuster idea to let's create there's a massive weapon.
Speaker 3: Uh, it was inevitable.
Speaker 2: I don't know that anybody is gonna be bold enough to use it, but if there is, it's somebody who's unhinged, and somebody.
Speaker 3: Who deeply, deeply hates us.
Speaker 2: The Western world deeply hates the Western World and believes that we are not only an existential threat, but a threat to all things in the afterlife as well. They see us not as just a threat to them and their civility, but a threat to all the things that they hold greater to a greater degree than their own lives.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 2: It's sort of like when the United States was fighting for freedom or Braveheart was fighting for freedom. In either case, it wasn't about my life. It was about the greater cause. And that's where I get concerned. If you have these people who say this isn't about us, this isn't about the survival of Iran. This is about the greater cause, the destruction of the evilest empire that is the United States.
Speaker 3: That's what worries me.
Speaker 1: Hey, Chris Robin NOSEI I feel you.
Speaker 2: I'm not gonna say ding dong, how about for you?
Speaker 7: You go banga ray.
Speaker 3: Bangor ray how's that bangeray?
Speaker 11: For Chris?
Speaker 3: A great job buddy, Thank you, pal. I appreciate that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if you missed it earlier, someone gave me a ding gong, and I love that.
Speaker 3: We're sealing Tim Conway's tagling.
Speaker 11: Hey, Chris, you don't that's great, He's for you. This is angela.
Speaker 20: I don't know much about politics, but follow the money. Followed the money always always. Defense is the third item on the budget, more expensive after Medicare, Medicaire, social Security, and then defense.
Speaker 15: Uh this is uh yeah, yeah, So you think we got to spend the money because we we allocated it.
Speaker 7: Maybe I believe that Iran is going to use the North Korea model of developing nuclear capability so they're never attacked again. Secondly, we've never won a war yet just with air power.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, deterrence. And then do we want to have boots on the ground. Do we want to actually put people in harm's way? Not so sure we want to do that. That would be very much to the contrary of everything that Trump ran on in the campaign saying we're not going to be involving ourselves in foreign wars, more isolationist, which is why he's had a lot of people questioning this decision. The Tucker Carlson's, the Steve Bannons, the Marjorie Taylor Greens have said, this isn't what you promised, but he says, no, No, what I'm promising is America First. I will protect and defend America, and that means making sure the Ryan doesn't have nuclear weapons?
Speaker 3: So can you have both things? I mean, isn't that isn't what he's saying.
Speaker 2: Ultimately, what every president has said that has intervened internationally is that I'm doing this for our own security. And yet the isolation is say, don't right.
Speaker 11: Here, here's my pitch.
Speaker 3: Okay, Tom Cruise, Oh this is for you, Heather. This is for your Operation Midnight Hammer.
Speaker 19: The movie Tom Cruise, Top Gun three, Operation Midnight Hammer.
Speaker 3: Perfect. There you go on that Love.
Speaker 2: It wasn't the wasn't the Top Gun, Maverick. Wasn't that a target in Iran?
Speaker 4: I believe it was?
Speaker 5: And they had to do like this, Stell. It was literally almost like what we just did.
Speaker 2: Yeah, except that the weird thing was that they had to use antiquated equipment in order to do it certain they wouldn't be detected.
Speaker 5: A weird We only have these old planes that can maneuver these these tiny, these tiny mountain.
Speaker 2: You know, it's like Scorsese saying, listen, guys, I got an idea. I'm only gonna shoot on VHS. It's the only way that we can pull this off.
Speaker 4: And everyone's using a newsy.
Speaker 11: Chris.
Speaker 21: We're good at naming things. Have you forgotten Operation wet Back?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think that was a very good name. No, thank you.
Speaker 2: You're right that one did not stand the test of time. You are correct on that very good, which.
Speaker 3: Is why we went to cooler names, Operation Midnight Hammer.
Speaker 19: I'm not sure there is a cost that becomes too expensive to protect the United States of America from Iran having nuclear weapons.
Speaker 3: I mean, I hear you, I do, I hear you.
Speaker 2: But then we also complain about the war in Afghanistan costing US two trillion dollars or four trillion, however much it cost us. What did we get out of it? So that's the question, like what is the endgame with Iran? If you're going to spend the money, and you say, well, to stop them from having a nuclear weapon, it's going to keep us safe. I mean, that was why we did Afghanistan, Like, well, we have to root out to el Kaieda and then we'll be safe. But last I checked al Qaida, still round ice infecty've grown And what do we got to show for two trillion dollars? A lot of caskets with American flags draped over them. So yeah, there, we do have to start weighing the cost and the goals and all those other things.
Speaker 7: Oh my god, Chris, get it right.
Speaker 15: Oh it was Willy Wonka and the chocolate fact.
Speaker 11: Come on, everybody knows that.
Speaker 3: There you go, I got that wrong. You're right? Was that the Oakreage Boys? Thank you guys.
Speaker 22: The best tim from the Thanks Sex Doctor is right. Papa was the trash men with surfing bird. That was the Oakrage Boys, saw him back in the seventies. Yeah, Charlie Daniels volunteer, Jam okay, good dudes, good singers.
Speaker 3: Well, good news.
Speaker 2: They're going to be on with us next week. So I'm excited to have the Oakreage Boys. Well, Okreage boy William Lee Golden is gonna be on with us next week, so I'm pretty excited about that. All right, a couple of your final thoughts and then we'll talk with the Great Doctor Wendy Walsh and we'll find out if this is causing strife, the latest Middle Eastern what does somebody call it an event? The latest events in the Middle East? This is causing strife in the home?
Speaker 3: That is next.
Speaker 2: Chris Merrill k IF I am six forty were live everywhere on the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 3: Herey pleasure hanging out with you. Appreciate everybody that participated with the talkback.
Speaker 2: You guys have been fantastic, really kept the conversation going, so thank you so much.
Speaker 3: Been an absolute to educational experience.
Speaker 2: I think talking with you and many of you will open up different avenues that I hadn't even considered yet.
Speaker 3: So thank you for that.
Speaker 2: Whether it was talking about the signal we're sending to China and they're they're messing with the with the Taiwan, or the political ramification. Some saying that this was a Trump is a distraction, and they're saying, no, he's a he's a great leader. I appreciate all that input, and for the most part, you guys were civil, except for Vernon Redondo and he swore at me and so he got banned just for today, but we'll let him back next week.
Speaker 4: But he did apologize. I saw where he called back and he apologized.
Speaker 3: No, he's dead to me until next week. He was dead until next week.
Speaker 2: It was funny because he did say he didn't apologize, and he said, I thought you guys were gonna bleep that.
Speaker 3: Well, normally we would, but Kayla didn't do her job. So you know, it is what it is.
Speaker 4: You leave Kayla alone. She has nine thousand jobs here I know, and she really.
Speaker 3: Did a good job. Kayla needs to chill. Cayla did really, I tell you this, friends, I give Kyla a hard time. She did a really good job behind the scenes.
Speaker 2: She was fielding phone calls, she was scheduling interviews, she was delaying other interviews that we had scheduled for today. She she really did. She earned her keep this week as a producer. So I give her full credit on everything she did.
Speaker 3: Thank god. I don't know you were in the room.
Speaker 4: Yeah, sometimes I'm here.
Speaker 21: Sometimes i'm here and I'm quiet. My mic doesn't go there. It is Hey, I'm in the room too.
Speaker 2: The great Doctor Wendy Walls joins us Doctor Wendy after dark and doctor Wendy, I was thinking about this stuff going on in the Middle East.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not Goodding, No, it's not good.
Speaker 2: And I think that there's a lot of us that we internalize some of what we're seeing in the news and it makes us very nervous and it makes us a little bit anxious.
Speaker 21: I'm going to be talking about that on my show.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, good.
Speaker 2: Then I feel like this is a really effective tease for your program because what I as I'm getting old, I'm noticing that anytime I get short tempered, it's never about what it is that my wife is doing or that my kids are doing.
Speaker 3: It's always something else.
Speaker 21: Well, that's I'm getting old. That's just about being a human.
Speaker 3: Yeah. But I realize it as I'm getting old.
Speaker 14: Now you realize, oh, you're getting mature and gaining some insight.
Speaker 21: I love it.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm trying.
Speaker 2: And I also think that it helps when my wife and I are arguing, if we can go I don't know what the problem is, I go, I don't know what your deal is, but it's not me.
Speaker 3: But she does that to me too, so.
Speaker 2: But the truth is, it's not right. What do they always say? It's never about loading the dishwasher. Wrong, It's always about somewhere else.
Speaker 14: Yeah, it's always some unmant I always say that every conflict that a couple has is about care or credit. They want to get credit for something, or they're asking to receive care, right, and so something from one's childhood gets triggered that they're not being cared for enough with the loading the dishwasher or whatever, or they want to get credit for doing it.
Speaker 2: Well, okay, all right, so is there This is fascinating because I want to go down that avenue, but also I know I can't because I'll get wrapped up on how to load a dishwasher correctly. There's only one way to do it, and it's my way. I'm just thinking of the what people are witnessing on the news right now, and this this has been a particularly excited a new cycle, I suppose, with protests going on and ice raids going on, and it feels like it always feels like the world is collapsing. As Billy Joel said, we didn't start the fire. It's always burning. However, sometimes the fire burns a little hotter than other times.
Speaker 21: Yeah, the fire's burning real hot right now.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, yeah, So does this have potentially an impact something that I can watch for if I'm feeling stressed and just don't take it out on the people around me.
Speaker 21: Well, you've got it.
Speaker 14: First of all, everyone needs to hear this. We have to limit our exposure. We have to think about our lives today. While it's obviously very human and nice to have empathy for those that may be suffering around the world, or follow it like some kind of sports game where you're a winner or a loser, this is not going to help you in your day to day. Who do I have to talk to my children, my spouse, my coworkers. How can I work on just being connected with them?
Speaker 11: Right?
Speaker 14: And the other thing is, like I just will say this about any kind of crisis, is that so many people are not good at naming their own feelings right. When you can give your feelings a name, like I'm feeling frightened. I mean, I'll tell you I felt in the last you know, twelve hours or so, like or fifteen hours, we might have a nuclear bomb land in La Right, So I said, I'm feeling afraid. And as soon as you say that, it takes away a lot of the power of the emotion. When it works in the background, it just you know, gets you on edge and you know why. But if you can learn to name your feelings whatever it may be, that can be very very helpful too.
Speaker 3: And why what is.
Speaker 21: That no awareness?
Speaker 3: Right, you can deal with it.
Speaker 14: We have two brains, right, we have our conscious brain. And Sigmund Freud said that our conscious brain probably makes up about ten percent of all the activity happening in our brain, So what we're aware of is about ten percent. Imagine he loved to use the metaphor of the iceberg. If you ever seen the picture of the iceberg, which is a little bit above the surface, and this giant, hulking mass.
Speaker 21: Below right, that's our unconscious.
Speaker 14: So when feelings are in our unconscious, sometimes there are things like our automatic memories that you know, our unconscious doesn't want to bother our consciousness with things like how to beat a heart or how to breathe, or how to ride a bike or drive.
Speaker 3: That's automatic, right, involuntary.
Speaker 14: Involuntary's instinctive stuff. But also buried in there are all our memories that programmed us. That memories that we have forgotten, memories we don't remember that have taught us certain things. So when you can take a feeling and put it into your consciousness, you're now filtering it through your prefrontal cortex, which is the newest part of the brain, the most evolved part of the brain, and you can see it and examine it. You can create a gap between its ability to create behavior and your ability to analyze is this valuable? What should I really do?
Speaker 4: Et cetera.
Speaker 14: So naming feelings and having language for feelings can help us understand and give the feelings less power.
Speaker 3: I am going to try that this week.
Speaker 21: It is very good.
Speaker 2: I think it's very Now I have to remember to do it when I'm feeling something, but I think that's I'm going to try that. Okay, that's my Sunday resolution.
Speaker 21: Name your feelings.
Speaker 14: That's a great thing for parents to do with kids, by the way, around the dinner table is when they instead of saying how's your day, ask the kids to name two feelings they had that day, and then they can tell the story that went with the feelings.
Speaker 3: You should be a parent.
Speaker 14: I was about to say I was, because the thing is they launch and then you're kind of like, am I still a parent?
Speaker 21: Like there's no job for me right now?
Speaker 3: Yeah? No, you're still stuck with them. Yeah, if you're like me, they just keep moving back in.
Speaker 21: I'm trying to shake them off. Believe me.
Speaker 2: Doctor Wendy Walas and doctor Wendy after Dark, you are the best. Also shout out to Heather Brooker, love it when you're here girl. We'll miss you next week when we're talking to the Okage boys and you don't get to And then Sam was in for Raoul this week and Sam did a great job except that he he misidentified the um Papa mau mau and no, I got it right, pop out um malmu versus um Papa mal mauur two different things.
Speaker 3: You're killing me right now. You're killing me.
Speaker 2: Love it, Sam, look forward to working with you the next time. And Michael Krozer, who was in earlier, love Crow and I hope that we get to hear more Crow on Sundays. Have a great week. I'll talk to you next week on Chris Merril I AM six forty live everywhere in the iHeartRadio app.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.