Speaker 1: Cut me up on the new look Chew in the CUD. I'm talking about a queer eye that's blinking for the last.
Speaker 2: Time, and I'm bringing you a story about a smell, but isn't as good as you think.
Speaker 1: Sounds good to me, Let's go.
Speaker 3: In.
Speaker 1: Welcome to your new lup Chew in the Cut with me, Mike Beninroe, and my co host this week with River Scott.
Speaker 4: Hello, River, how you're doing?
Speaker 3: Hello darling, I'm very well, thank you. How are you doing?
Speaker 4: Very all the better for seeing you.
Speaker 3: I like what you've done with the plan we've had.
Speaker 4: We've had an adult up low up I believe they call it.
Speaker 3: Yea'll be lovely when it's finished.
Speaker 4: This is finished.
Speaker 2: Oh, anyway, we'll still be bringing you all of the showbiz news you could need, as well as some fun news stories. Put in a new condensed thirty minute show.
Speaker 1: Yes, and still with that lgbt q I April point of view. So without further ado, River, what we got for us?
Speaker 4: First?
Speaker 3: Up?
Speaker 2: Well, Mike up, First, I've got the hidden dangers of the new car smell new cars, you know, like that that kind of I like the new cast, yeah, kind of clean, yeah, you know new car in a car and all that, and it smells. Well, apparently that popular and much loved smell is in fact volatile organic compounds. And well, yes, I was going to say I've I've definitely made some smells after some volatile organic compounds. But that's an argument I've been having with the local curry house anyway. Vox volatile organic compounds, okay, are released by materials like plastic and the glues and the tech and all that kind of all the bits inside a car new Yeah, but apparently it's really bad for you. They've got stuff like benzene and formaldehyde and and some other ones, loads of us loads of it. I mean, I'm not some of which are carcinogenic.
Speaker 4: What was the other chemical I need to be aware of? Benzene?
Speaker 3: Benzene, formaldehyde and.
Speaker 4: Another one apparently, yeah, several of them.
Speaker 3: I mean, I don't want to bore you with a list. I'm not a m I hate you so much. Anyway. They smell bad.
Speaker 2: No, they smell nice, but they are in fact carcinogenic, which cars in agenic. Yeah, as if agenic meant anything like that. Anyway, Yeah, they make cancers. They make you ill and then you die. And apparently when it gets hot, it gets worse.
Speaker 4: Because from smelling the car, yeah, that's it gone.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then you drive into oncoming traffic or a school either way, and apparently heat worsens the issue, makes it a lot worse, makes more vox to be released, and because they're all contained within the car in they're breathing them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not good.
Speaker 4: So don't buy new cars as well, they well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, probably smell, or just don't buy a car at all, you know, public transport, walking, getting out on there. But yeah, short term effects apparently include headaches, business, and nausea, which, yeah, you've ever been in like an uber and they've just got too many smelly things happening in.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, horrible.
Speaker 2: But long term exposure may increase the risk of respiratory issues and cancer.
Speaker 1: So what you're telling me that is it people that buy lots of new cars are at risk.
Speaker 2: Yes, But then people who need to buy a new car every six months or whatever.
Speaker 4: Will also have a lot of money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're fine. They can afford to have their rungs their lungs like run under a tap and.
Speaker 4: All that kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Anyway, apparently if you do get a new car. The best thing to do is to ventilate it regularly.
Speaker 3: I mean.
Speaker 2: Use air con with fresh air intake, not just cycling what you've already got.
Speaker 3: Okay, also known as opening a window.
Speaker 4: That's not air con, that's opening a wind but it's.
Speaker 3: Fresh air intake in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you've got a butty in the car that says use the air that's already in the car, or.
Speaker 4: Get air from the outside. What a time to be a lie I know, right. So it's when you're driving through the countryside you go, ooh, what's that? So you can do that? Press the button? You don't.
Speaker 1: You're just trapped in the car with the remainder of the smell that you just smelt, rather than having to deal with it for a long period of time.
Speaker 2: Or alternatively, if you do a particularly exciting part, you can hang onto it and really savor it for a lot longer.
Speaker 4: Yeah. I do that to punish people in the batter.
Speaker 3: Delightful? Shall we crash on?
Speaker 4: Let's do that all right?
Speaker 3: Cool?
Speaker 2: Next one, Angel Hair chocolate is the new viral sweet tweat.
Speaker 4: When you say viral, are we talking covid?
Speaker 3: Uh? No, it's Belgian.
Speaker 2: Oh, Okay, yeah, there it is. I mean if I got some chocolate they look like that, I would send it back. I think that looks unhealthy at best.
Speaker 4: I've had some of this chocolate.
Speaker 3: How was it? Yeah? Fair enough? Anyway? This? Uh oh, move over? What's to buy chocolate?
Speaker 1: I had to buy chocolate. Oh, it's the whole stuffed chocolate thing. So if you buy a bar of dairy.
Speaker 2: Milk, right, so far chocolate all the waist through. Yeah right, that's the joy of it. You're buying some chocolate, right, you buy a kit.
Speaker 1: Cat, it's chocolate with biscuit in the middle of it. Yes, to buy chocolate is chocolate instead of the bisky stuff.
Speaker 4: Like and stuff.
Speaker 3: So it's like a fruit and nut bar.
Speaker 1: But it's just like specific pistachio and like specific flavors like a bueno apparently.
Speaker 3: But why do buy chocolate?
Speaker 4: A don't because that's what they called it.
Speaker 2: I don't rich and tasteless anyway. Angel hair filled with pistachio cream, which I'm assuming is the pink the green bit.
Speaker 3: I don't know the pink that's supposed to be. Why is the chocolate pink?
Speaker 2: I've just realized there'll be white chocolate that's not white, that'sink chocolate.
Speaker 1: But they get pink chocolate and add die to it. So it's the worst of all chocolates, which is white chocolate.
Speaker 3: I'm very confused.
Speaker 2: Apparently this far went viral on TikTok for its unique texture and flavor.
Speaker 4: Weirdly, did you say tiktoklet TikTok?
Speaker 3: How else would you prodounce that TikTok?
Speaker 2: It's described as that creamy, airy, nutty and sweet.
Speaker 3: Social media foodies because they sound tedious during the break. I wouldn't do that, not before the watershed social media foodies. Oh god.
Speaker 2: It rivals or beats the famous du Bui chocolate, which again never heard of, something like a kinder Bueno, which they're awful anyway, I mean, why would you, But yeah, if you want.
Speaker 3: Whoever that is so.
Speaker 1: Because I went to buy chocolate came out. They got very expensive very quick because it was a fact. It's like, you know Prime Drinks and that whole thing Prime Drinks, your Prime.
Speaker 3: This is an Amazon thing.
Speaker 1: No, there's a logan Paul whatever his name is, released an energy drink and it was like twenty pounds a bottle because no one will get their hands on it, and that's like fifty p a bowl because it's rubbish, but the bio got really expensive. Is this Is this another one of those expensive ones? Or is it like a pound of bar like a dairy milk.
Speaker 3: Well before the waterhead, before the watershed.
Speaker 2: So I'm not gonna use the word that I was about to use to describe this. How much do you think that that reaction?
Speaker 1: It's going to be more than a pound? So I say, like four quid like a frail Russia kind of.
Speaker 2: Price, eighteen to twenty eight pounds depending on import sauce.
Speaker 4: What's import sauce.
Speaker 2: Like hpeah, depending on where it's imported from. Okay, you know how well you know how we're not we're not swearing because it's before the watershed.
Speaker 3: This is me not swearing. This is what it looks like, just so you know.
Speaker 4: Slightly manic, slightly angry kind of glare of.
Speaker 2: Just to just to quote my favorite ever line from Coronation Street. You see this smile, it's not a smile, it's the lid on a scream.
Speaker 4: Okay.
Speaker 2: Anyway, currently available through online resellers.
Speaker 4: Oh, apparently the f S a food standards agency.
Speaker 2: Thank you very much has warned about unregulated imports lacking allergen information, especially the sesame from Tahini. Okay, I didn't know you coul get sesame from Tahini. I thought it was just like a little island somewhere, but apparently that's Tahiti.
Speaker 4: Tahini is the food. Let's just move on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, and my final story for you right now, because this is going so well. Yeah, a new series and just as much exasperated confusion from me. Apparently you can now get leg lengthening surgery to make you taller.
Speaker 4: I like that.
Speaker 2: I mean, speaking of someone who is six feet of so solid, handsome, I don't see the nolid.
Speaker 3: It costs thirty six.
Speaker 2: Thousand pounds for this leg lengthening surgery. He just looks like he's stood up straight. He's just gone like that, all right, I mean all right, he's paid thirty six pounds to have his legs broken and then stretched and then put back together again because he thought his arms were too long.
Speaker 3: Right, do you want to do? You want to know more about?
Speaker 4: What? Did? I want to know more about that?
Speaker 2: Well, he's even wearing the same top because he's changed his hair. But he's kept the same T shirt on.
Speaker 4: Well, well, time allows hair to grow, yes.
Speaker 3: But not to do your laundry apparently.
Speaker 1: But he could have done it and had it was that this isn't the first time I've worn this shirt?
Speaker 3: You mean you wear your clothes more than once. I do?
Speaker 2: Can't be hygienic anyway, Give this procedure and he had his thigh bones broken and metal rods inserted, okay, and then gradual stretching using a remote controlled device of effort and months of painful physiotherapy and recovery therapies, which.
Speaker 4: You know must have excided how much to his height?
Speaker 3: Er it doesn't say, but let's have a look.
Speaker 4: Is that five inches?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I mean what's Yeah?
Speaker 2: That might be about ten centimeters. Maybe that's not that much. No, that's actually more than ten cent I'm not good at inches and feet, and because I'm young, so I only do.
Speaker 1: Mess one hundred and eighty sort of one hundred and eighty centimeters, all right, So.
Speaker 2: That's still quite dinky that even one hundred and eighty is only what five foot nine?
Speaker 4: No, it's talling that I'm hundred eight five four ten.
Speaker 3: Are you fair enough? So what you're bringing is after the break Mike.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm talking about a TV show that's say me fond farewell, stick around.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to Chewing the Curd. Now, Mike, you've been talking about a goodbye. What are you on about?
Speaker 4: Well? Are you a Netflix person?
Speaker 3: Sounds a very personal question.
Speaker 4: It is a personal question. I'm asking a question about you, and this.
Speaker 2: Personal I have access to Netflix. I have access. I have access to Netflix.
Speaker 3: That was come back with a warrant.
Speaker 4: I don't need to worry. You just admitted it.
Speaker 3: AI, don't pay for it.
Speaker 4: You said it was Ai.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've stolen ai Netflix password.
Speaker 4: Queer Eye, are you a fun.
Speaker 3: Kind of Yeah?
Speaker 2: In a kind of like, yeah, why not if I'm if I'm sat watching TV with some of my closest friends, Yeah, Gordon and John Papa John's gin. Yeah, I'll put it on in the background while the things that German.
Speaker 4: Friends Hargin and does.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 1: Queer I is going to end at the end of the next season. So end of season ten of.
Speaker 3: The reboot, I wasn't there they are.
Speaker 2: Look, I didn't know they were still going to be honest, like, I think there.
Speaker 1: Was a bit of a falling out, so Bobby, I'd been replaced by this person in the middle.
Speaker 3: I was going to say, like, I don't know who that in the middle is.
Speaker 4: That's Jeremiah Brent.
Speaker 2: God, so you're going to call your child Jeremiah Brent are going to turn out to be homosexual, aren't they?
Speaker 4: There's just no no choice. No, So what we call I've called him, Jeremiah, said Brent. And we're listening in theater school already.
Speaker 3: As you should. Yeah.
Speaker 4: So replaced Bobby Burke after a I always say a parting of the ways, right Bobby, but I.
Speaker 3: Can't remember which one Bobby Burke was.
Speaker 2: Now they're all a bit the gingery one, right, yes, yes, yes, oh yeah, oh yeah, diverse the gay.
Speaker 4: Yeah, that narrows it down, diversity high of the ginger.
Speaker 1: One interesting fact, there's actually turned around and said, there's no such thing as brownhead people. They're all dot just dark ginger because brown doesn't exist on the color wheel anyway.
Speaker 4: Just okay, sharing that with you.
Speaker 3: So yeah.
Speaker 1: Since twenty eighteen, Queer Eye has been led by a grooming experts. I hate whoever wrote this, because that's not what I mean to say.
Speaker 4: Hair and hair and beauty.
Speaker 1: Yes, Jonathan van Ness culture is caramel brown, and then Stalinger is Tam France, and then of course we have.
Speaker 4: Fit one Anthony who does fo.
Speaker 3: Does he though?
Speaker 2: Because isn't that the big thing for like the first four seasons or something, was that he just kind of like, yeah, he went to.
Speaker 4: A restaurants to go, so what he teaches us to make a body?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I remember he made guacamole ones and that was a big thing. It's like, ah, yeah, you smashed up some not cucumbers.
Speaker 4: What are the avocados?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you smashed up some.
Speaker 4: You'll lose at the kitchen. Tam France has said that he's offered the longest response one in the.
Speaker 1: Bar, right, yeah, yeah, has said it's the show has been long and beautiful.
Speaker 4: Right over the past seven years.
Speaker 3: Okay, but it's been going for ten seasons.
Speaker 4: Ten seasons, yeah, but only seven years.
Speaker 2: All right, thought, maybe it's been long and beautiful over seven years.
Speaker 3: The last three have been really bad, but the first seven.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, So yeah, they said that it's been a long and beautiful journey, all right, and that they appreciate all the love and support for the little show.
Speaker 4: Sounds a bit patronizing.
Speaker 2: To be fair, it's a long and beautiful journey from the Netflix bank account to his bank account, is probably what he means.
Speaker 3: But yeah, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 4: Do you remember the first version of QUEERAI vaguely?
Speaker 3: Yes.
Speaker 4: I much prefer the first version of Queerie. I can't I'm less kind.
Speaker 3: I feel like it was less kind. No, but I like that. It's nice that they're all fluffy.
Speaker 2: I mean that was what I used to do, Like when I was having a low time, I'd put some of this on. They'd hug people and tell them that they were worth whatever rubbish they'd done to their house.
Speaker 3: Everyone had have a cry and we move on.
Speaker 4: They did that in the original season. They were lovely at the.
Speaker 3: End, but that it was.
Speaker 4: It was tough love to start with.
Speaker 3: I loved, I love, I used to love is it Caramo? Caramo?
Speaker 2: And like that guy who do five minutes of on screen therapy with someone and then they'd be fixed.
Speaker 3: Yeah that was fine. Yeah, jobs are good.
Speaker 1: I mean it's pretty man, yeah quite apply stare at him.
Speaker 3: I feel I feel like, give it a couple of years, they'll bring it.
Speaker 4: Back for like the I think it'll do a new reboot yeah, like Jen Alpha.
Speaker 2: There'll be some some sixteen year olds like using slang that we don't understand and dressing people up in ridiculous outfit.
Speaker 1: I understand the slang Jen Alpha use, do you? I ask them what they're talking about? Young and anyway, okay, so moving before I move on. Actually, is your phone on?
Speaker 3: It's it's it's not my phone, but I'm aware of it.
Speaker 4: Vibrat.
Speaker 3: It's a signaling for help.
Speaker 4: Okay, that's fine as we're aware what it is. Don't worry oz Osbourne.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's not something I usually think about, well, signaling for help, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: Yeahs Born recently passed away. I did bless him, very sad, very attractive in his youth. Lots of the pictures came out of him, and.
Speaker 3: I'm far too young to remember. I'm afraid there he is now. I was gonna say that that's what he looks like right now?
Speaker 4: Is it probably right now? Right now?
Speaker 3: That's his youth?
Speaker 4: That was yeah, No, no, that was it. That was him at the last constantly he did bless him.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Seventy six when he passed Christ had Parkinson's Wow. Okay, but he vowed to perform one last show and he did. Okay, not only did he perform one last show, he donated one hundred and ninety million dollars one hundred and forty million pounds to charities.
Speaker 4: Wow, proceeds that show.
Speaker 1: So it wasn't just doing it as a show. He was raising money for charities.
Speaker 3: One hundred and forty million dollars one.
Speaker 4: Hundred and ninety million dollars or one hundred and forty million pounds.
Speaker 2: And that's the amount that he donated. That's still everyone that needed pay and got paid out. And how much money were the tickets?
Speaker 4: Not that he produced a big deal.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he feels arena he filled arenas and stuff didn't he like proper kind.
Speaker 4: Of filled filled.
Speaker 1: So I'm aware of someone that flew from the States to London and then drove from London to Scotland to watch one of the shows.
Speaker 3: You think he just flies straight to Scotland.
Speaker 2: But all right, yeah, sure whatever, yeah faf oh bless him, well, good for him?
Speaker 4: Yeah yeah, so he back to the beginning concert.
Speaker 3: What charity did he donate to?
Speaker 4: Charities?
Speaker 3: Charity not the Preservation Society?
Speaker 4: Possibly, yeah, just make up for past miss you buye the head.
Speaker 1: Off one bat but yeah, it was that. It's about he raised a lot of money for charities. Also featured Metallica guns and roses right, and a cavalcade of all the heavy metal superstars.
Speaker 3: We love a cavalcade.
Speaker 4: I do love a cavalcade.
Speaker 1: Don't you use more often? So one last big hurrah. I believe the phrases less and did it for charity, which I think it shows that it wasn't just a big aggressive man.
Speaker 4: It was a heartfelt and warm person, which was quite sweet.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's very nice.
Speaker 4: Moving on from Ozzy Osborn to Nicholas.
Speaker 3: Holt, I would like to move on to Nicholas.
Speaker 4: The Boy from About a Boy.
Speaker 3: Or Lex Luthor from the most recent Superman film.
Speaker 1: Indeed, and that's what we're going to be talking about right right, because he has said that he's let's lose it in the new Superman film.
Speaker 3: You need to say, I've already seen it. I need that, Okay?
Speaker 4: Was it good? Okay?
Speaker 1: He has revealed about sweet moment he shared on set with his co star David Corn Sweat.
Speaker 3: Which is a ridiculous name.
Speaker 2: There they are, but yes, he kind of suits the shavy head, which you can't say about everyone.
Speaker 4: You can, Yes, you can.
Speaker 3: So, yeah, he's gonna lie to you.
Speaker 4: Good, just not say anything.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 1: On a podcast, the Golden Globe nominated actor.
Speaker 3: The Golden Girls nominated.
Speaker 1: Actor nominated, not a winner, just a nominator, reflected on the conversation he had with his wife which he noted that most people are not big enough to physically hold him. Okay, because he's a tall right, Holts down six foot two and a half inches, right, David corn Sweat plays Superman stands at six feet four inches, right, so was able to basically spoon Nicholas Holt and his I've not had that feeling for It's an unusual feeling for him.
Speaker 4: They're having a moment.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, even the notion.
Speaker 4: Yeah's no.
Speaker 1: For his roles in The Favorite Mad Max, Fury Road, Warm Bodies, and X Men, Yeah, which played Beast.
Speaker 3: Oh we did. Yeah it was quite good, as quite like.
Speaker 1: And also in The Great where he played Great Nicholas the.
Speaker 2: Great, Oh Nicholas the Great, Certain Russia. Yeah, you can tell the photoshop that image.
Speaker 3: Just look at look.
Speaker 4: At how maybe Ai fixed well yeah, look.
Speaker 2: At look at the the angle on that cheekbone and his jaw line like he's got a kind of almost heart shaped.
Speaker 3: Can we go back to the previous image.
Speaker 2: It's pretty and look at that. That is a very differently shaped head. That's not just the angle that is differently shaped. He's had some chiseling done by AI on that second photo, I think there. Look back to the other one. Yeah, that's that's has been touched up, and it has.
Speaker 4: Been touched up. But yeah, yeah, so Holt keep that in corn spect to hold him, saying I felt warm and safe.
Speaker 1: Well you would, which is quite sweet and lovely really, isn't it. Well, but that's all we have from the show this week. Thank you for watching, and we will see you all soon.
Speaker 3: So