Speaker 1: There, and welcome to the eight o'clock hour of the Moan Sally Morning Show. My name is mo she's my wife and co host. That's Sally Hi, and that guy over there is producer Curtis. What's up is I have a new drink, another drink that we should try on the morning show tomorrow. All I know with that savignon blanc in the jlapinos A spicy savvy bee.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Ask you a question. Does it involve hal pinions or tomato at all? No? Okay, no, it does not, Actually it does not.
Speaker 3: This Have you guys ever heard of a Midwest martini?
Speaker 2: I have not. Also called a beer teeny that's scary.
Speaker 1: So you need a beer, a light beer, okay, all right? This is generally a light beer served in a pint glass with a few green olives bobbing on top or served alongside let me finish. Sometimes there's a splash of olive brine or even as salted rim.
Speaker 2: And this has been around for a while.
Speaker 1: Over the years, it's gone by a few different names, depending on the state it's made in. Uh, you know, it could be called beer tini, or a Minnesota martini, or a Midwest martini. But most classic versions use a cold lagger, something sessionable and familiar, like a Miller light, course light or bud light poured into a pine glass. And then again you need the olives and a splash of olive Brian.
Speaker 2: So the Martini part is just olives. That's it.
Speaker 1: That's why they're that's why they're referencing Martini pretty much.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just a beer with some olive stuff in it and maybe a salted rim.
Speaker 2: I'd like to put.
Speaker 1: Salt in my beer sometimes. Oh my dad would always put to open up a can of beer and put you know, to me, it gave it just a little bitter taste. I'll do it sometimes still, if we get a mug of beer over whatever else, I'll throw some salt in there. I would be willing to try the Midwest Martini, and you guys do not sound on board.
Speaker 2: Doesn't I'll try it if you want me to. But like you're responsible for the gas that happens. Do you think that's a gassy drink? I don't like all of us, so I just know my I'm not going to enjoy it. Now. Why did you get me off in that direction?
Speaker 3: Are there drinks that are actually gassy.
Speaker 2: So many beer itself is gassy in the.
Speaker 3: First drink of the summer with the klipinos and the wine.
Speaker 1: Because I was talking about gas on that end, not not burping gas like.
Speaker 2: It happens both. No gas on discriminate.
Speaker 3: You think a Midwest Martini is gonna make you toot?
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, oh jeez, because let's not do it. I mean, we have in this room. It's not a very big room.
Speaker 3: We've already got the doors, you got the fan blowing in my direction.
Speaker 2: Yeah, maybe we don't. We don't want to toot on the show tomorrow.
Speaker 3: I kind of want to try this, but it.
Speaker 2: Looks like if you make me, I'll do it. All right, We've got a light beer at home.
Speaker 1: I know there's one back here in the fridge, but we gotta get some Olive's and Olive Brian and okay, so maybe we'll try the Midwest Martini the beer Tenie on the show tomorrow.
Speaker 2: All right, coming up
Speaker 3: Next, Sally's calling in sick already, yeah, already,