Speaker 1: All right, we've got the French government basically collapsing. We have martial law or so we see them in South Korea. The world's in chaos. What are we doing shopping? Also, a rich white guy died in New York. Did you hear We're gonna talk about it today.
Speaker 2: Don't go anywhere uncensored, unfiltered, fun hinged. It's the cuell Cast. Listen daily on your favorite streaming service.
Speaker 3: It is the crowd Cast.
Speaker 1: I am carrel Happy Thursday, December fifth, or root Canal Thursday as I'm calling it, since I'm getting one this morning. They're taking off two crowns in a bridge doing a root canal. Oh, there's twelve hundred dollars I don't have, but hey, credit cards, that's what they're for. Also, just a note if you're with us yesterday it was such a guy thing. I was such a guy yesterday. So I had recorded do you want to Funk? Dude?
Speaker 3: I Want to Funk?
Speaker 1: By Sylvester two days ago, and now it's being mixed. It's my next single. Starting in March, I'm going to release one single a month all the way through to November, so there'll be new music every month starting in March. The first will be Sylvester's Do You Want to Funk? The project is called Music That Made Me Gay? And afterwards I had to reconfigure my mic and guess what, I didn't feel I needed to look at a diagram of the back of the compressor because I'm like, oh, I know, I know about this, and I didn't.
Speaker 3: I didn't know about it. So there we go.
Speaker 1: That's why the sound sucked yesterday, and I apologize. So I was such a guy, And even today I'm looking to see if the sound's right, and it doesn't appear to be right. But at least you're hearing me, so that's that's a plus, all right. You know, I wasn't even going to address this story because well, for a milliad of reasons. But now the press is talking about the way that the people on social media are addressing this story, and I find that very telling. So a rich white guy who runs a giant healthcare conglomerate that I'm a member of United Healthcare got shot in New York yesterday, shot in the back and with a silencer. So this was a premeditated a robbie or a mugging. This was a premeditated murder and Marisco Hargeta will be on the scene with Law and Order SVU just figure it out. And the media has gone crazy over it, and a that bothers some people because kids and black people and poor people are gunned down in America every single day and no one really does anything. Okay, so and no one makes a big stink about it, but one rich guy gets shot stop the world.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 3: And so there is that aspect of it that but you.
Speaker 1: See, we throughout history that's always the way it's been. You know, we act like that's a new phenomenon. Look, there were hundreds and hundreds of Romans that got stabbed. We only talk about Julius Caesar, you know. So it is when people of power get attacked that that does make more news.
Speaker 3: It just does. And throughout history that's been the way. That is.
Speaker 1: We are fascinated by power and wealth. I don't know why we should be fascinated by intellect and knowledge, but we're not God. And soon into Barbistreiss and this book and it's on my TV out there. I've been listening to it all morning. Uh. And I find when I listen to her a lot I start talking like her, and she's very succinct her phrasing. Everything is pronounced. In fact, I heard one of her songs this morning, and by the songs she did with Gwen Stefani's husband whatever his name is, that country artist that's on X Factor or whatever or the Voice or whatever he's on. They did a song and the phrasing is sometimes if You're lucky, and she's singing it with him, and her diction drives me crazy on that song, sometimes if.
Speaker 3: You're lucky, just like, not so hard on the syllables.
Speaker 1: But anyway, So we've always been fascinated by when things happen to the Ridge.
Speaker 3: We just have been.
Speaker 1: But the bigger picture for me is the disdain that people have for this executive and the contempt they are not putting thoughts and prayers and condolences under the notices of his death. And I even found myself saying to Steve, healthcare companies are in the business of limiting care. That's why other countries don't have them. Okay, they only exist to make profits for the healthcare industry. Health insurance companies do not help you. They do not help you in any way, shape or form. It would be just so much better if we got rid of them all and went to a single payer system, and it would streamline everything, but it would cut out the billions of corporate profits. Those billions of corporate profits come from somewhere. They're not just magical, and they come from those insurance companies giving you the least expensive and least amount of care that they can. That is the healthcare model in America. Oh yeah, we all have access to the greatest healthcare system in the world, but we can't well it's not actually, I looked it up. It's not the greatest healthcare system in the world. But we have access to a good healthcare system. The secret is you can't really use it if you're not rich. If you're middle class or poor, then you can't use the system till it's full extent. If you get cancer and you're wealthy, your outcome is going to be a lot different than if you're not.
Speaker 3: So when this guy was shot and killed, it resonated with people.
Speaker 1: It said, look, when you're the CEO of a company whose sole purpose is to let people die because it is more profitable for you than covering their drugs. For instance, we GOVI, the drug dejure. We now know that it can help obese people not be obese. And while I may not want to take it, well, I kind of do, but I don't. While you know, while it may not be something that I'm quick to jump on, there are a lot of people who are morbidly obese that could really use its benefit. But insurance companies won't pay for it unless it's for diabetes, even though they know it will help with sleep apnea, it will help with weight loss, which lowers blood but they don't want you to lose that weight because they still want the money from the blood pressure pills and the cholesterol pills and all of that. And so they are letting sick people, morbidly obese people be sick because of their bottom line.
Speaker 3: That's how they operate. That's theirm O.
Speaker 1: And so when you run one of those companies an unnecessary company. Health insurance companies are not necessary to healthcare.
Speaker 3: We did just fine before them.
Speaker 1: When you gave the doctor a chicken, or you gave him some soup, or he came over and gave you some pills, and you know, your babysat for his daughter for a week. Whatever, we did very and just like my dentist. There's no healthcare involved with my dental appointment except Delta Dental, okay, and they're a very little contribution. Dental care is how regular healthcare used to work, and now it doesn't. And so this guy getting killed and people basically rejoicing over it is more a symbol of how do I say this, the fact that people are tired of the wealthy getting the best of everything and us getting scraps.
Speaker 3: It didn't used to be that way.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the wealthy always had the best of everything, but that didn't mean that the rest of us had the worst.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Now it's either the best or not. There's no middle ground and United Healthcare and I have it is a horrible health player, horrible, But every other one is too, Humana. They're all terrible, TiSER. Not one of them work for you. So should we rejoice in want white guy's death in New York? No, of course we shouldn't. But can you understand why when they come back? How much does it take to be a sense America? Talk walk them show Baby, Let walk see harbor influencing. Want to support the Corel cast, then like and subscribe the YouTube videos at the really Correl channel. Just go to YouTube dot com forward slash really Correll that's kr e L and subscribe to the most exciting YouTube stream available today.
Speaker 2: If you're not visiting really corell dot com daily, you're missing out. Get the podcast videos and the blug and clating recipes at reallycorrel dot com.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm sorry, I was reading. I was over there reading the chat room.
Speaker 1: Someone said the average weight in Canada to see a specialist of seventeen weeks. Do you know here in Las Vegas the average weight to see a specialist is twelve to fourteen weeks. I know you think that it's so much better here, but it's not in big cities like LA and New York, Okay, but here in Vegas. If I wanted to see my eant right now, and I called and said I have an earache, I need to see the ent, they would book me into March. And I'm not making that up. Any specialist in cancer. When I was referred to the oncologist because of my god, I'm forgetting the name of it now, my red blood cells, white blood cells, and polysythemia to get into the cancer doctor was eight weeks. I said, you really expect a person to wait eight weeks to see it. Well, you could always go to California, that was what they said. So we don't get to see specialists at the drop of a hat here either, at least not in Las Vegas where there are a shortage of specialists, and in other cities where there are a shortage of specialists. In la if I needed to see an ent, I could see them in a week, or even in a few days, or even as a walk in.
Speaker 3: In Las Vegas.
Speaker 1: No, nope, no, no, no, you need a specialist here. You're gonna wait two months, three months, five months. My follow up for my neurologist is in January. I had to schedule that in June. Okay, I can't just see my neurologist if I if something's going on and I'm need to see him, it takes months and people are frustrated with that. And we talked about money and how money equates. So there's a new Bloomberg study out. They asked people various age groups how much money it takes to be a success in America and what your net worth should be to be quote comfortable. Now, old people over fifty said ninety nine thousand dollars a year or more and you're successful. And they also said one point five million in the bank and you're comfortable. That's people over fifty, the youngest, the people born in two thousand, the millennials, the gen X, gen Y, gen ZS, all of those not gen X, the gen z A, millennials, gen Y. Very different story. The younger people from eighteen to twenty five, they say you need five five hundred thousand dollars a year to be considered successful in America. That's forty five thousand dollars a month or twelve about eleven twelve thousand dollars a week.
Speaker 3: And they also say that you.
Speaker 1: Need five million dollars or more in the bank to be comfortable. The little older generation twenty five to forty, they say two hundred and seventy thousand a year to be successful or three million in the bank to be comfortable. But when you hear these numbers, even the baby boomers at one hundred thousand a year, employers, most employers are not paying that. You know, my friend Hannah just left an entertainment company and she needed some help with a letter about her severance, and they were going to pay her six months severance, and the number shocked me because it meant that she was making over three hundred thousand dollars a year. I I don't know what that, you know, I'd have to go back to the KFI days to remember what that was like to make fifteen to twenty thousand dollars a month. I just can't even Most of you cannot fathom that. And nowadays kids not only fathom it. That's their goal, that's what they think. Because they also said sixty percent of the people surveyed said that wealth and success is not money, it's happiness. Sixty percent said that money should be there to make you happy and their happiest. These people their happiest when they have the ability to live the life they want. In other words, if they want to go to dinner, or if they want to go away for the weekend, or they want to buy a new car, they have that capability. And it's funny to me because those things that used to just be normal. On one salary that was like fifty K a year, you could own a house, take a vacation, buy a car, go to dinner with your family.
Speaker 3: None of those things were out of bounds.
Speaker 1: Nowadays, we hear things like going to dinner a few times a week, going away for the weekend. We hear that, and most of us can't even think about it. We're like, yeah, no, I'm telling you, and I mean this with every ounce of fiber in me, that we have lost the capability financially to be happy in America.
Speaker 3: That's why when you see people that have moved to.
Speaker 1: Thailand, where Wi Fi is ten dollars, where rent is at a nice place is five hundred dollars a month, where their expenses are one half to one quarter, they're happier.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 1: I always say I'm broke and I can't afford to do anything because I can't. You know, I just got offered a ticket to the Grammys yesterday. I tried to buy them in the morning, and then when the website didn't work, I said, it's an omen you don't need to be spending that money. Well, my friend Rachel stillwell, she said, look, I'm getting a pair and I have a gold ticket. It's one thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: Do you want it?
Speaker 1: Because that's how much it cost to go to Grammys. And I was like, you know what, I can't do that. I can't you know, I can't spend that money to go to this award show plus hotel and all that.
Speaker 3: I thought I could, and I.
Speaker 1: Was gonna charge it and just go, but you know what, it's not worth it. I could go see my niece and nephew for that. I could buy a new camera from my show. I just I can't spend that. And that's what these kids today don't want to have to decide. They don't want to have to decide should I go to the Grammys or should I buy a piece of business equipment. They want the ability to do both. And you know what, we all should have that ability. Everyone listening to me should have the ability to do things that make them happy. And we're not talking extravagant things, you know. We're not saying, you know, stay at the Four Seasons and fly private and all of that. We're simply talking, you know, a ticket to a show and a weekend in LA.
Speaker 3: And I can't afford that. Most of you can't afford that.
Speaker 1: And so to be successful in America, the goal now is between two hundred and seventy and five hundred thousand dollars a year, and I just think, where is that money? Where how do they even come up with these figures? These kids, you know, they see these influencers making twenty grand, thirty grand, forty grand a month on YouTube and on Instagram, and they think that's the goal, that's what we need to do. They don't realize that's not the norm. You know, Yes, growing up, I always wanted to be famous. But I wanted to be famous because it meant that my work was being out there and be accepted, and that I had a revenue stream. It never was about the fame, the accolades, the adoration from the people. All of that is nice, it's wonderful, it's great, it's a great perk. But it was about if you are an entertainer and you are famous, then your work gets out there, your movies get seen, they get made, your records get reviewed.
Speaker 3: You know, you.
Speaker 1: Have a certain stature in that industry. I wanted it for that reason, not for the money. I just thought the money would follow because you were able to work. I think we all are not afraid of work. I think even if you're retired, you weren't afraid to work, but you.
Speaker 3: Wanted something back.
Speaker 1: And now today people feel they are giving their lives to their jobs, but they're not getting any reward, and they only see those rewards possible through great fun.
Speaker 3: I'd love your comments and all this. Put them in the chat room or.
Speaker 1: Put them down below like subscribe YouTube dot com, forward slash Lycorrell, Patreon dot com forward Slashallycrrell.
Speaker 3: The world is in chaos.
Speaker 1: Hey Corell here, and I'd like to take a moment to thank all the patrons at Patreon. Your support means the absolute world to me and the show. If you'd like to show your support for the crazy endeavors of the Corel cap, then please go to Patreon dot com forward slash really Corell. That's Patreon dot com forward slash, really Corell, and please help get those numbers up by subscribing to the YouTube channel YouTube dot com forward slash, really Correl. There's so much great free content there, it's like having a network on your TV, phone or tablet. All social media is really Corel, including threads and Instagram. And don't forget the website that's had it all all along, really Correl dot com. Without your support, the show simply doesn't work. So please listen on all streaming services, watch and subscribe on YouTube and support the show through ca Patreon at patreon dot com forwards last, really, Correl, thanks for almost thirty years of support to the loudest, craziest, most unhinged gay guy and his little dog. And let's keep the party going as long as we can.
Speaker 3: You know, in the last.
Speaker 1: Year, four billion people around the world have voted, the most of any year. Actually, there are so many countries this year that had elections, including ours, and four billion half the world's population voted. It's quite a tumultuous year. And in France they've did they in sixty two years. Since nineteen sixty two, they have not ousted a prime minister. Now, a lot of other countries have a great system that we should have here in the United States. A year or two into someone's you know, rain, if they don't like him, they can force a vote to get rid of them, to oust them. They can do this in London, they can do this in Paris. They do it where there's parliament. And so the prime minister of France, remember Macrone, as the president, he appoints the prime minister. The prime minister then picks a cabinet and all of that. The Prime Minister of France was just ousted in a no confidence vote.
Speaker 3: Okay, what that means is there has to be a new prime minister.
Speaker 1: He tried to shove a budget through that neither the far left nor the far right light and he did it with a procedure where he didn't have to bring it to a vote in parliament. That upset everybody, everybody, but he said if he didn't do it, the country would have stopped, would have collapsed. So they voted him out and many in the parliament are now resigning or being thrown out. So the French government effectively collapsed, and now Macron has to resurrect it.
Speaker 3: That's a big deal.
Speaker 1: When the government of France is basically in shambles, that's a big deal. In South Korea, a few days ago, their president didn't like all the anti governmental politics going on, so he declared martial law to end it, something Trump may try here in America. Well, immediately his parliament stopped that from happening, and now they're looking into impeaching him, and so the government of South Korea, once deemed stable, is in chaos. We know the government of Ukraine is holding on by a thread. We know that Benjamin Netanyahu is a war criminal who has an arrestaurant issued for him by the international courts, and his government is hanging on by a thread.
Speaker 3: And we know that Trump and.
Speaker 1: All all of his miscreants, you know, all of them are gonna be hanging on by threads.
Speaker 3: So the world is in chaos. It is the world.
Speaker 1: Governments are in chaos, and people are in upheaval. Why it goes back to everything we were talking about in this show. I don't think there's anybody in any country right now not feeling like they're giving their all. They're giving their life, their life's blood. They are working themselves to the bone, and yet their families don't have the basic needs. And more importantly, fuck basic needs. Okay, life isn't just about getting by, And that's this big myth we've been sold that unless you're rich, life is just about getting by. No, everybody should be able to travel. Everybody should be able to stay at a hotel. Hotels should not just be for the rich. That's why Motel six started.
Speaker 3: It was six.
Speaker 1: Dollars, you know, now they're sixty dollars. But everybody should be able to afford to travel, whether you stay at a Waldorf or a Motel six whatever, it still should be affordable. Now Motel six is are one hundred bucks a night. Everybody should be able to enjoy life, not just work. Give all their money to the government and to corporations, have none left and no fun. Your world shouldn't be the television. Fun shouldn't be binge watching a show. You should have the money to go out to a show. Broadway plays live concerts. These are not just for the wealthy, or shouldn't be, but they are, Adele saying. For two years here in Las Vegas, one of my favorite artists of all time, I never could afford to go see her, not once, because any seat in the pl worth anything. And I don't mean right down front, I mean just on the main floor was gonna be two thousand dollars or more. I didn't have that, and quite frankly, neither do all the people going to see her. They went into huge debt on credit cards and everything else. And so the world is unsettled. Right now, it's Christmas, and I bet you're whittling down your Christmas list.
Speaker 3: You're not expanding it.
Speaker 1: You're getting as few presents as possible because of money.
Speaker 3: No one should have to think about that.
Speaker 1: At Christmas you should be able to give presents to whoever you want and not feel like it's gonna break the bank. So there is unrest all over the world, and the unrest, while it seems to be political, it's not. It's the people. People are unsettled. They are not getting enough out of their lives because they're lives are spent working and then giving money to the government and two corporations and not getting anything back. Think about America, What do we get back for the expense of living here?
Speaker 3: The joy of living here?
Speaker 1: I love you San Francisco, But what do you get for spending six hundred thousand dollars on a small box?
Speaker 3: You know what? What do you get? Yeah, they're a city by the bay. You can't go down to the bay.
Speaker 1: You're gonna have to walk over heroin needles and you get you know, you you can't go down on Market Street anymore. You can't, you know, go down to the embarcadarrow without stepping over people. What do you really get for all that money that you pay to live in Santa Cruz? A pretty forest? There's forest everywhere. What do you get in Long Beach? Where I'd go back to Long Beach. But the cheapest place I could find that I want to live is five hundred thousand dollars.
Speaker 3: And what do you get?
Speaker 1: You get NonStop traffic, NonStop crime, homeless people everywhere, urin THESS, the whole thing. Oh yeah, you get beautiful weather, but you can't really enjoy it because you're too busy working. It's from the inside of your car on the four h five freeway. The same in San Francisco. You have beautiful weather and a beautiful bay which you can see on the eight or the eight eighty or whatever, because you're so busy working to just pay the expenses. Las Vegas, we just found out that in the last year, over ten billion dollars of our property was bought by private investors, making Las Vegas unaffordable. Two bedrooms for nineteen hundred dollars. They were a thousand when I got here. And what do you get? Summers that are one hundred and twenty degrees. Our winter is not bad this year.
Speaker 3: So far.
Speaker 1: We have no snow on Mount Charleston. It's very scary. There's no snow on Charleston. There's been no rain at all. The last rain was in July and that was only half an inch. This year, we've only gotten three and a half inches of rain period.
Speaker 3: So what do you get?
Speaker 1: You get drought conditions, extreme heat, extreme cold, and what proximity to la if we stopped and examined. And that's what the world is doing. The world is stopping and examining their lives and their countries and what they get. And they're not happy with their return. That's why when a corporate executive from a healthcare company is killed, people actually are happy about it because they're not getting what they need from their healthcare companies. They're getting huge costs, no coverage, and mediocre healthcare. We are in a strange place as a world. We are standing by while governments topple. We are watching species become extinct every day. Soon there'll be no elephants. I can't even imagine I.
Speaker 3: Will live in a world with no elephants, but I will.
Speaker 1: So try to enjoy what you got, I guess I am krel beausy. You want to be on to hurt anybody? What'll be back on Monday? Who? It's Thursday, no show, Friday, Saturday, Sunday, So enjoy your ethy day weekends. Who I'm so happy about that comment down below, like the bribes plah.
Speaker 3: Thanks Samer for all the work you do for me, Thanks Wonder Paul, I really appreciate it.
Speaker 1: And thanks to all of you for being my Corral loves, my fans, My Corelli.
Speaker 2: Casting from a completely different point of view, yours. Listen daily to the Coral cast on your favorite streaming service. It's broadcasting from a completely different point of view yours. Listen daily to the Corell cast on your favorite streaming service.