Speaker 1: On on on. Welcome to the CEO pre show for episode four eight zero four eight zero correct. Holy shit, brought to you by the wonderful patrons at patreon dot com slash CECO podcast, whether they like it or not, Yes, all of the patrons that are in freaking magic on Chicago right now.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, bullshit, we're not there.
Speaker 1: Sucks.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Chicago's terrible.
Speaker 2: No, me not being in Chicago's terrible.
Speaker 1: Oh remember the pizza. Yeah, remember all the beer?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 3: Oh that was good too. Remember the Millort that was Remember the Milord man. I wonder Ifrom Milart guys there. You think he's definitely there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he said he'd be drinking alert for me today. And then I said, good, have like ten, And then everybody else in the CEO discorder was like.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'll do it too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I hate no problem. I'll have a drink for the boys.
Speaker 3: Oh man, everybody's there. Hey frick well, it's good. It's good to see the contingent there showing up for the nation. I like that makes me happy. I hope everybody had fun. I hate it. Wait, what is this opposite?
Speaker 1: Is reversal town?
Speaker 3: Brian and Rando?
Speaker 1: Yes, speaking of a Reversal Town too. We just recorded a Brando's box opening we did, and you didn't get pounded because it was my box. You'll see. We definitely thought that we got pounded, and I certainly am never going to financially recover from the box. Though I did get cards. I'm going to play bull crap. Yes, bull crap I hated.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I also hate it stupid.
Speaker 1: I know I was doing an impression of you. I like it, Oh, because I actually got good cards that I'm going to play Index of Magic the Gathering Cards.
Speaker 3: What yes, makes sense?
Speaker 1: Yeah, speaking of playing Magic the Gathering Cards, I got a couple of things. Okay, okay, a couple of things.
Speaker 3: A couple of things.
Speaker 1: Sidewalk Slam season three. People have been asking me left, right, and center February twenty eighth. We said it last week. We're saying it again this week because you obviously don't listen to Commander Cookout.
Speaker 2: Podcast, February twenty eighth.
Speaker 1: Be there or be square then be there again? Yes, give us two views. We would just very much appreciate.
Speaker 2: Yes, Send your friends maybe a comment and a like as well.
Speaker 3: Share it to your downstairs neighbors that those hockey pucks that you hang off the back of the TV, hire it your way into there, and like share it onto their TV so they have to watch it too.
Speaker 1: Yes. Do you remember that one time we were playing magic at your old house and we walked up to the house and we saw your downstairs roommate smashing his boyfriend. Yes.
Speaker 3: What does that have to do with this?
Speaker 1: You said, downstairs roommate, And I thought of downstairs and roommate, fair point, like under two separate circumstances. I thought downstairs like they were smashing and downstairs roommate, separate independent clauses.
Speaker 3: I see, Yes, that was a thing that was happening. He is very embarrassed. Oh yeah, wow, it's only natural like people are smashing, or that people would be embarrassed that they're upstairs housemates saw them smashing.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, that was the first thing. Okay, sidewalk slam, get there and get smashed. Correct, yep. Second thing is we're going to talk a little bit about brackets and stuff on tomorrow's show again, but more more of my notes are on game changers and the changes I made to decks. Agreed, Have you made any changes? No? Oh you did you talk about game Changers with anybody at the local game store. Yes, I did. Oh yeah, what did they say?
Speaker 3: We talked lots about it where we are all of the same sort of mind where the list might not be. We're glad it's in beta, is what we're saying. We're glad that it's in beta. And we had the experience of this is a one and it was below and it's not a one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and then it goes back to the intent versus the law. Like we talked about last week. We actually got a lot of feedback comments. Editor Joe sent me a screenshot that his friends were watching the show, and he said Ryan and Brando had probably the calmest, most level headed and logical take out of any creator that I saw. There was nothing inflammatory, there was nothing that was belittling or anything. And he also said, and this is my favorite part, they should be more popular, more people should know who they are. I agree, Do I ever agree? So if you're new to CCO Nation, of course, like we say, share the show like it, do all the YouTube stuff that you're supposed to do.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or else, yes or else I was going to say, or else, but you beat Yeah?
Speaker 3: What hang on? Bizarro Landber those were cities that are we going to those places?
Speaker 1: Yeah, we're gonna talk about on the show tomorrow. Okay, yeah, yeah, I got all the notes up for potential CEO experience places and face to face games, weekends and tour stops and stuff that we might plan to go to.
Speaker 3: That's exciting.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Canadian Magic Tour. Lots of fun, Yes, lots of fun. And it's it's kind of like our own thing. Hey not you and ized thing?
Speaker 3: Well, it kind of is. We're the popular guys on it.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Oh shots for Jesus.
Speaker 3: No, I don't see rogues passage have having us on for a signal steal my name you Fox?
Speaker 1: What's up? I want to see Brando versus Brando throwdown, Rogue's passage versus CCO versus. I don't know whoever else is in the pod.
Speaker 3: I'll bring a one.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about game changers in the list and changes that we could potentially make to the list and or our decks tomorrow. But I have something a little bit closer to home for you specifically today.
Speaker 3: Oh that's fun.
Speaker 1: I love me, but do you No?
Speaker 3: No, I try, I try.
Speaker 1: That's good. That's good. That's good. Everybody is worthy of love, even from yourself, even me.
Speaker 3: Even if it's just from yourself.
Speaker 1: We got our first look at mtg X Final Fantasy, and you are rock hard I hear.
Speaker 3: Yes, there's a ten thousand into seven.
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, and lots. Yeah. So here's the thing, though, we got our first look at legends. We got our first look at some of the alternate print forms like the booster or the box toppers or the full arts or the showcases or whatever. Nice. We got just a few random cards like uncommons and sagas and a couple of different legends.
Speaker 3: The sagas that are creatures are kind of neat.
Speaker 1: I think that it's cool. Yeah, a saga elemental enchantment creature, which is awesome, goes right along my enlightened and worldly tutors that I may or may not be playing in decks.
Speaker 2: Now that game changers exist, world not a game changer, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna use my worldly tutor totally not a game changer to totally find my enchantments now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, checks out.
Speaker 1: That is gamers gaming the game. What we also got, conception, Yes, what we also got was a list of MSRPs for the various final Fantasy products. And that's what I was saying, hits closer to home. Oh frin brand God, So I'll read you some prices and tell me give me like okay, okay, play Booster six ninety nine. Yeah, it's kind of like what they cost.
Speaker 3: Remember these are United States Freedom dollars. That's what ten bucks here?
Speaker 1: Oh oh yeah this Joe.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah yeah. So let's keep let's let's let's keep going here.
Speaker 1: Okay. If I was going to say six ninety nine for a play.
Speaker 2: Booster, I'd be like, good, that's okay.
Speaker 1: If I lived in the Land of the Free, yes, okay, collector Booster instead of like twenty nine to thirty two dollars thirty seven ninety.
Speaker 3: Nine, that's approximately forty five dollars, okay.
Speaker 1: And if we opened up like some foils and some cool alternate art printings, we could maybe ex back to over the course of an entire Collector Booster box, maybe break even on retail value, not trade in value, retail.
Speaker 3: Value hypothetically speaking, sure, and especially if the closest analog and this is what's going to become important as we kind of explore this set more.
Speaker 1: Our closest analog is the Lord of the Ring set, and we're about eighteen months post that release, and card prices from about the twelve month till now period of time have absolutely exploded, So I would expect sealed product for this eighteen months post release to also explode. Here's some MTG finance for everybody, but also individual card prices if you pre order at these lower prices to actually in the long run make you like financially.
Speaker 3: On, you will never recover.
Speaker 1: You don't think no, I think that you will.
Speaker 3: This is a standard set, okay, and it's going to be legal for three years, so you're not going to see the explosion of prices because the cards are going to be in circulation for three years old and nobody's gonna want to sit on a fucking ufie. Is it like three years until she's worth five bucks instead of none?
Speaker 1: Is it one print run like a lot of the Lord of the Rings stuff, or is it multiple print runs? Do we know that yet?
Speaker 3: I we don't know that yet. If you, if I had to wager a guess or venture a guess, I would say that the collector runs are probably gonna be one one of yeah, and then you're just gonna be able to get boxes for the rest of the time, and they'll probably do another run of of playlets much in the same way that they did with Loord of the Rings with the Holiday Boosters. Oh, I bet you they'll they'll do that again because that was a huge excitement generator for them.
Speaker 1: And the excitement that they'll generate now is to the tune of like twenty two hundred dollars sealed booster packs, like like two hundred dollars booster packs. That's crazy, and they're only about a year old or fourteen months old for the collector Holiday edition boosters specifically.
Speaker 3: Not that Watsie sees any of that. That's all aftermarket stuff.
Speaker 1: Yes, and we have to remember that. And that's why I say, if you buy at this MSRP, if there's no LGS tax on this, which there will be, there might be a little bit, and you might avoid it if you do pre order rights as sometimes you do, and over the course of a year, like if you're trying to collect, or if you collect sealed product, or even if you don't, and you look at some of the prices. Again to the Lord of the Rings stuff, the showcase scrolls, the holiday edition stuff, the Hildebrandt stuff. Some of that stuff has exploded in price. And if I had maybe like two of them, one was in a deck, I don't play the deck anymore and I offloaded it. Right. Maybe I paid six bucks for a booster pack, but there was one hundred dollars card in there a year later.
Speaker 3: If that, if those exist in this set, they probably will be you never know.
Speaker 1: Yes, okay, next one Commander deck seventy bucks.
Speaker 3: That's one hundred dollars.
Speaker 1: Yes, And we've seen hundred dollars pre cons before multiple times.
Speaker 3: At this point, those were the ones where you had the the good one was one hundred bucks and the rest of them were sixty. So that was the LGS tax. That was the Fiendish markup so that people could get the deck that they wanted.
Speaker 1: Or like what we saw in Eighth or Drift, where everybody wants one and nobody wanted the other. So let's sell them as a two pack only for two hundred dollars, splitting the cost of like averaging them out to this is what they both cost. So maybe they'll see that again. I think we're getting four or five precons there's four four precons.
Speaker 3: There's a Final Fantasy's six, seven, ten, and I think fourteen are represented in.
Speaker 1: I'm totally gonna pretend I know what that means for the rest of my life.
Speaker 3: Sure numbered entries to get start that hard.
Speaker 1: Come on, man, Yeah, but there's like seven Final Fantasy sevens, Like which one? Or are they all the same? They're all the same, in which case why they all like.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yeah, okay, it all makes sense.
Speaker 1: Commanders or no, sorry, collectors. Addition, Commander Deck one hundred and fifty, so this would be an all foil version.
Speaker 3: That would be your two hundred dollars gimmick. Those will probably be the same deal as the Warhammer forty K.
Speaker 1: One Surge foil ones.
Speaker 3: I'm hoping that they're more easily attained than the forty two ones. Urlgs actually did really well and they got a bunch of the collectors of the Modern Horizons Commander decks. Still weird saying the modern set Commander decks, But I'm hoping that these follow that formula a little more where you can you can actually attain them and.
Speaker 1: Look at again, look at the suitable kind of analogs that we have. Warhammer forty K was the first version of that kind of product and only came out in Commander decks, compared to Modern Horizons was a full set with boosters and collector and Commander pre cons and everything. Yep, right, So I think this especially because a standard set will follow suit.
Speaker 3: Just hoping.
Speaker 1: I'll also say that the collector addition maybe with some unique foiling process. The Commander pre con only singles in that foiling process. Look out for the price dings on those cards.
Speaker 3: Well, if you look at the Modern Horizons ones as a indicator, not so much.
Speaker 1: No, yeah, look at the Warhammer forty k ones. Tell me what a foiled Geyerson Starnsworth.
Speaker 3: Well those were Those are differences are harder to get. Yes, front Initially we could actually go to our lgs today and buy a Modern Horizon three collector version of one of the decks. Yes, not the el Drasy one or the GoIF one, but the other two.
Speaker 1: We can Funny that everybody said that was the worst one. It's the one that we can't get Anyways. I really think that somewhere between like scarcity and price hiking of the forty K Surge foil decks and the a what do we call it modern horizons? Madi ho ho ho mady ho ho ho. Three decks is where we'll be and really for the sealed product that isn't command or pre cons We're gonna get there somewhere between where they're at now and where Lord of the Rings Holiday Collector's stuff is at now. That's that's where this will end.
Speaker 3: Hold onto your butts, is what Ryan's saying. Yes, and it's only going it was only getting more exciting from here.
Speaker 1: And I'm never one to say like get in now, you're gonna miss the boat, like like we're not a finance podcast. Don't buy the dip all the shit, right, But if other things are kind of an indicator, I think that these prices aren't that outrageous, but they will get that way. Yes, Now, Assassin's creed Ah doesn't follow that trend line, no, right.
Speaker 3: Doctor who needed a doctor who or followed follow kind of kind of but follow it was a suit again, very limited in where you could get it. When you could get it. I still barely ever see it. We're at events, you just don't see it anywhere. Right, Yeah, so scarcity might play a role in that one as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Next one here, and scarcity, I don't think because this is a standard product won't be an issue. Shouldn't be an issue at least on Boosters, at least on boosterses. Okay, next one bundle seventy bucks. That's a hundred bucks. I don't think that that's outrageous. I think a regular bundle for us in Canada is like anywhere between seventy five and ninety dollars. Yeah, and this one will be one hundred to one hundred and five. Yeah, like that's more money. Of course it is, but it's like, I don't think that that's outrageous.
Speaker 3: Get your your jumbo cactar.
Speaker 1: And here's the thing. A gift bundle is that like a is that like a finish line bundle or an all will be bundle?
Speaker 3: Correct?
Speaker 1: The gift bundle only eighty nine bucks.
Speaker 2: That's one hundred and twenty bucks.
Speaker 3: That's what they was called. That's what they cost. Anyway. The bundless a good deal. The bundles and stuff are actually quite reasonable, strangely reasonable.
Speaker 1: You're gonna get your final fantasy art lands in the bundles. You're gonna get your final fantasy dice. For people who care about that you're gonna get your final fantasy deck box for people who care about that, like, this might be the way to go bundles. I think so.
Speaker 4: Actually, I was talking with the LGS guy, uh yesterday, we'll just say it was yesterday to keep things current, and he said that what a couple of people did with a thro drift was instead of buying boxes, they bought a uh not bundleworth the starter.
Speaker 1: Gimmicks pre release kids.
Speaker 3: He bought a number of pre release kits equal to what it would cost for a box, and you ended up with getting two extra packs plus all those like guaranteed foil wraars.
Speaker 1: Oh, you get the same number of packs because there's six six packs, get two more. Oh, there you go, and finally we get a starter kit. I'm not a hundred percent sure what that means.
Speaker 3: I think that's the when I look at like the product page where has like the picture of all of them, there's like a cloud versus sepher off starter deck.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, yeah, this is like the Airgorn and Arwin web versus surn the lidless eye. Yeah, that's what those are. And yeah, we'll watch for the cards in there because sour on the Lidless Eye is a thirty dollars card and these bundles used to be nineteen dollars, so it's like, right, I open up a foil sur on lidless Oh no, a widescreen salar on lidless Eye in my collector box. Neat money, yea, and I kill people with it because I'm the bad guy. Yeah so, man, some some things now.
Speaker 3: Prices aside. I'm super pumped for this set. I do. I'm gonna make my I'm gonna say it now so I can get out of the way. I'm a little sad that the Final Fantasy six themed Commander deck is Mardo colors because I don't really like to play Mardo and I'm gonna have to because that's the one that I want. That's the one that they printed and said we can do whatever we want and Branda will buy it, and they're right.
Speaker 1: And you're a freaking nerd.
Speaker 3: I'm a nerd and they got me. They got me.
Speaker 1: You love Final Fantasy and you love that character. I know because I painted or on a land for you one time. And you're like, I'm gonna play this deck even though I don't like it, and I think it costs too much, but I don't care because I'm financially irresponsible because I'm addicted to cardboard crack. That's a fucking nerd exactly.
Speaker 3: So they figured out the formula. They figured out the formula. At least me spend some money, damn it.
Speaker 2: Well, I just have to get some money money, yes, yes, yes, yes, very cool.
Speaker 1: Well hey listen, ah, when you look at the price of a Collector booster and it's gonna be five hundred dollars, I don't like that. No, But when I look at a gift bundle or a regular bundle and say, hey, this is an okay amount of mad product to get and buy, and I get a box to bring to the LGS with my decks in it, because I still do that because I'm a fucking nerd. For like eighty or a hundred bucks, I'm like, hey, that's not that bad. Yeah, if it's just about opening sheer number of packs too. You get like.
Speaker 2: Eight in a bundle and you get only twelve in a collector Yeah.
Speaker 1: Right. So it's like, I don't know.
Speaker 3: But think of the excitement, I know, think of the exciting porderless tawnberry kink. Baby, you don't know what that is, but it's gonna be so cool.
Speaker 1: Also, I didn't even know Cactarist from Final Fantasy.
Speaker 2: Oh you fucking got I know.
Speaker 1: I'm such a loser man, you suck man.
Speaker 3: The only thing that could have made that card more flavorfuly awesome is if he had that thing where it can't be blocked by creatures, felt flying or something. If you had some kind of evasion too, because kactars very rare to find, very difficult to physically hit with your sword.
Speaker 1: Oh, because they're speedy and they're moving all around. I like, I like something like one hundred handed one. If he's monstrous, you can block ninety nine extra creatures, yes, Cactar, if he's if he's got his plus n ninety nine because we're playing you gih, he can I don't know, block that many creatures, or she can block a thousand creatures or something. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Ten thousand, ten thousand creatures, ten thousand needles, man, that's his move. Dumbo characters are the sort of little Gary.
Speaker 1: Ten thousand needles that sounds like when I'm.
Speaker 3: Pops out of the ground and he goes like a bunch of needles, shoot out of him, and they all hit you for one damage, but there's ten thousand of them, and then your guy dies.
Speaker 1: I was gonna make a I was gonna make a sex joke about myself.
Speaker 3: Why what he said? But you'd only be sitting on one very small one, not like finding a needle in a haystack.
Speaker 1: Also like when I cover up with blankets. I'm gonna go I'm really sweaty. The furnace was on. We've got episode four hundred and eighty to talk able brackets and some future CCO experiences that I'm excited about. Hit our theme song, Burber right,