Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: Toy Hobbs here with you, and we're joined by Michael Monks, who's downtown in downtown LA, right there in the center near Gloria Molina Park, as this anti war protest is getting underway. It started a little late, but maybe things are picking up speed.
Speaker 3: What's gone on, Michael.
Speaker 4: We've got about fifty anti war demonstrators here outside Los Angeles City Hall in response to the United States military strike against three nuclear facilities in Iran is announced by President Trump less than twenty four hours ago. So what is the message of this group? I'm joined live by Hoku Jeffrey, who is with the group called dam Hoku. What is the message from this crew that's outside LA City Hall right now?
Speaker 5: We want Trump, the Trump administration, the US government's hand hands off of Iran and to defeat Trump's drive towards.
Speaker 6: World War IIE.
Speaker 5: We think that the uh that this bombing wasn't about diplomacy. It's about trying to create the conditions for another world war.
Speaker 6: And they're what the bombing means. The bombing means.
Speaker 5: Now, is any country is that thinks that Trump is gonna bomb, which could be anyone will never sign a non nuclear non proliferation agreement because they think if they go to negotiate, they're gonna be bombed. And you think the struggle for victory to the Palestinian people that's been going strong for two years now and the global anti war movement that's been fighting with for within, for them, that struggle has to be victorious, especially now. We will not stand by and watch Trump's racist policy of ethnic cleansing and genocide spread through the Middle East. And the US has to stop funding this genocide in Gaza like right now.
Speaker 6: And uh and all of the all of the ICE and federal federal, Well, let.
Speaker 4: Me ask you about that, because you know what seemed to have provoked this protest today outside La City Hall was the strike on Iran and and now you're you're mentioning Gaza as well. We know that there is ongoing federal immigration enforcement here and there have been protests against all of these things. Now, how do you keep a singular message or how do you continue to keep people engaged when there is so much going on that so many people take grievances with.
Speaker 5: I mean, this is this is a this is a fight to defeat Trump's fascist dictatorship. Trump is showing exactly what a fascist dictatorship could look like in our country now in the last two weeks, and we're only in the beginning of this fight, and we're still looking our movements looking really strong. I think Trump did not expect this kind of fight back from from Los Angeles, but around the country did not expect it. So he, you know, says one day that he wants to stop deporting farm workers and hotel workers, then he reverses that, and then later he says that he wants to provide a pathway to citizenship for immigrants. I mean, I just think he doesn't know what to do, and but our movement just needs to get stronger, more people in the streets, and and unite the two movements.
Speaker 4: Well, I guess my my question again is there was a big protest here last week, the No Kings, just a general demonstration against President Trump and various policies. We have seen demonstrations here against the immigration enforcement as well. And now this in response to what happened yesterday in Iran. How do you momentum that you feel like you're building when there appears to be a laundry list of.
Speaker 7: Serious grievances against the administration.
Speaker 5: I think it's I think it's clear the majority of people in this country are opposed to Donald Trump, the Trump administration and his policies, and the movements made clear that we're gonna we're gonna fight this out, and we have the full confidence that that our movement is powerful when they're in the streets, and we're just gonna keep doing that to fight him. If it's if it's UH, if it's in our cities and it's they're deporting our sisters and brothers, we're gonna fight there.
Speaker 6: If it's UH, if it's to bomb Iran.
Speaker 5: And continue your ethnic cleansing and genocide of people in Gaza, we're gonna fight there too.
Speaker 6: Hey, months ask a question fighting uniting our movements?
Speaker 7: Tipany our host is gonna ask a quick question, go ahead, tip me.
Speaker 2: So, of course you might face hi Hoku, you might face some pro war pro trunk protesters. Do you have any methods, either being your organization or from the fifty to fifty one organization to keep things peaceful into this protest?
Speaker 4: And what type of structure you have to keep things peaceful? Should things go carry either from people within the organization or antagonists from outside of it.
Speaker 6: I don't UH.
Speaker 5: I think that the UH, the police and the Trump's ice agents and the military have made abundantly clear they're willing to use any amount of violence against our movement, against our fight to defend our families and our communities.
Speaker 6: And our movement has a right.
Speaker 5: To defend itself and to not be afraid and intimidated into not coming into the streets because we think that we're gonna be shot at by police.
Speaker 6: We're gonna keep coming into the streets. We're not afraid of them.
Speaker 5: We know our movement is strong, and we stand with the majority of this country that are opposed to Trump's policies.
Speaker 4: Hoku Jeffrey with the group BAM, just tell us quickly what BAM is so.
Speaker 7: That people know what I'm saying.
Speaker 6: So BAM it's a long name.
Speaker 5: It stands for the Coalition to defend Affirmative Action, integration and immigrant rights and fight for equality by any means necessary. And if people want to look us up, where BAM for short. We're trying b a Emas and Mary Enders.
Speaker 7: In Nancy dot com.
Speaker 4: All right, we'll talk about timing about how you arrived at that acronym based on all of those different issues.
Speaker 7: But I appreciate you taking the time, all right, thanks, all right.
Speaker 2: All right, Michael monks doing that on the ground reporting, and Michael, I want to keep you on for this if possible, so our California state and local officials are monitoring threats. After the attack on those three key Iranian nuclear sites.
Speaker 3: LAPD is said to be.
Speaker 2: Stepping up patrols near places of worship, community gathering spaces, and other sensitive sites. That's according to Mayor bass. Hey, Michael, while you were in your travels today yesterday after you left the station, did you see an increase in patrols in LAPD presence around these sensitive areas or gathering spaces?
Speaker 7: Not particularly.
Speaker 4: I mean I did drive a bit around downtown Los Angeles this morning leading up to the start of this protest at noon, and nothing looked out of the ordinary, very quiet down here, in fact, a beautiful Sunday afternoon in downtown Los Angeles, and I haven't really seen much in the way of law enforcement here outside of this demonstration, which is small, largely peaceful, about fifty people waving I should say, entirely peaceful. There's nobody causing any trouble or being disruptive. It's waving American flags and holding signs outside of any churches that I drove past, and there are several down here. I haven't seen anything in that regard, But I'm not entirely sure what that strategy is.
Speaker 7: I did hear it announced by the mayor.
Speaker 4: And various governors and municipal leaders across the country that they were going to be ramping up security around those types of sensitive sites.
Speaker 7: But what that looks like visibly, not sure.
Speaker 2: Michael makes sure that before you go home, you head down to Little Tokyo since the businesses are back open, get yourself a good, nice Japanese lunch. There's a great place down there called Diako Ko. Yeah, wants you to go down there before you go home.
Speaker 7: Yeah, you know.
Speaker 4: I did notice in the fashion district dan in Little Tokyo today that all of the businesses appear to be open, the ones that were opened before the chaos down here, but not a lot of street traffic yet, not a lot of foot traffic that just has not returned to the level that they enjoyed before these demonstrations and the Immigration Enforcement started.
Speaker 2: Have you seen businesses start to take down those wooden planks and you know they're boarding up their windows and reinforcing their property there. Are you seeing those things coming down? Are they putting them back up for today's protein?
Speaker 7: No, I mean they're still up. They are still up.
Speaker 4: In fact, there's some still up on the LAPD headquarters just across the street from us here at La City Hall. I think people feel better, as demonstrated by the fact that the businesses are open again expecting traffic. But the air this situation is so volatile that who knows when it takes a turn again. We heard Vice President Vance say that very thing, that it does appear that things have cooled off a bit in Los Angeles, but the military needs to say because we don't know when it might flare up again.
Speaker 7: I think even.
Speaker 4: Businesses who might disagree with the Vice president politically certainly agree with the sentiment that things could flare.
Speaker 7: Up here again.
Speaker 2: Are you seeing any pro war supporters or sympathizers down there kind of hanging around the edges of the protest.
Speaker 7: No, this hasn't really drawn anyone.
Speaker 4: I think, as we talked a bit earlier, Tiffany, that this group itself, which it has organized protests in the past, maybe didn't get the turnout that they wanted for this because it was so quick that even their own supporters maybe didn't get the message or couldn't join down. So whether any antagonist or opponents of this message could get the message, it.
Speaker 7: Would probably also be a difficult task.
Speaker 4: So nobody here waiving any pro Trump's stuff. But it's also important to note that this decision to strike those nuclear sites in Iran has not been universally well received, even in Trump's own fan orbit.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, we're definitely going to get into the political divide and kind of fallout behind the decision.
Speaker 3: Thank you, Michael Monks.
Speaker 2: And we'll make sure to check back in with you, of course throughout the rest of the hour, and we'll continue to talk about our state and local officials monitoring any potential threats after the strike on those three nuclear facilities. When we come back, i'll tell you what Governor Gavin Newsom had to say, as well as more about anxiety in Los Angeles. Did you know that LA is home to the biggest population of Iranian nationals outside of Iran. I'll tell you how their community is responding as well to all of this in the news and more when we come back.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: Tiffy Hobbs here with you just heard Tim talking about pizza from seven to eleven, Michael, Monks, make sure you go down there and get some pizza since the seven elevens are still open. I happen to enjoy a seven eleven pizza. Monks, do you have anything you want to say about that? Real journalism right now?
Speaker 4: You know, if you're ordering from seven to eleven and I've been guilty of it, Let's just say it's a particular set of circumstances where one's judgment may be impaired.
Speaker 3: Like during a protest.
Speaker 4: Perhaps I could be desperate enough I packed a granola bar in case I'm out here any longer, so I'll be fine for now. But there is a seven eleven just a couple blocks away that I know, well, I'll pop in there if I need something hot.
Speaker 2: I remember last week during the No King's protest, you mentioned how there were supporters protesters there who were handing out water, handing out I think food of some sort to make sure that everyone stayed healthy.
Speaker 3: As healthy as possible.
Speaker 2: Are you seeing any attempt to do that now? I know it's a much smaller crowd. You said fifty when we last talked to you. Has it grown anymore? Are they handing out food?
Speaker 6: Water?
Speaker 8: No?
Speaker 7: This is a pretty tame protest.
Speaker 4: This isn't like what we had seen in terms of scale of demonstration, like outside the Federal building on Alameda in recent weeks.
Speaker 7: This is much smaller.
Speaker 4: Folks seem to be pretty well hydrated on their own, so they don't need those auxiliaries porters at this point. Just a series of speakers right now, rattling off their list of grievances against the government, what they oppose this administration doing, and nothing intense. Again, there are no law enforcement present here, so that there isn't any sense of animosity between these protesters and anyone else right now.
Speaker 7: They're just speaking to each other.
Speaker 2: Shake it up a bit, Michael, monks do something that we can report on. Add a little, you know, extra little pizazz to their protest.
Speaker 4: Hey, if I had those belcrow shirts that we're pitching, I could rip off and have an antagonistic message on it right now and really stir the pot.
Speaker 3: Well, come back to you in a little bit.
Speaker 2: So, Michael Monks is in downtown LA watching the anti war protest, which is much smaller in scale, perhaps than anticipated, especially in comparison to protests that have been happening in the same area over the last many weeks. There's also another protest coming up around three pm, which is not necessarily an anti war protest. We'll see how that fleshes out, of course, and Gary Hoffman will actually be on during that time and he'll be reporting on any developments from downtown LA as they unfold. Now, speaking of local news, of course, there are questions around whether or not there are direct implications on California Los Angeles specifically when it comes to these Iranian strikes. He strikes on these nuclear sites in Iran, And with those questions that are being asked, one of them is what is any looming threat and how are local leaders responding to that. I mentioned previously that Mayor Bass said quote LAPD is stepping up patrols near places of worship, community gathering spaces, and other sensitive areas. Now Governor Newsom has weighed in. He posted on x under California Governor, it's really interesting to see our politicians taking to social media to disseminate information. But that's the way of the world, and he said, quote following the president's action in Iran, California State Threat Assessment Center is actively monitoring for any potential impacts in California. He went on to say, while there are no specific or credible counter threats we are aware of, or that we don't have any counter threats aware of at this time, we urge everyone to stay vigilant and report. They're saying, mayor Bass, governor newsom other elected officials. Of course, if you see something, say something. But they're saying as of right now, there are no specific or credible counter threats that they're aware of at this time, and that California's State Threat Assessment Center is actively monitoring for any change to that potential threat situation. Okay, And of course LAPD will be more present at these sensitive sites.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: The thing about Los Angeles is we actually have the largest Iranian community outside of Iran as a country, and most of those most of those Iranian nationals are in the West La neighborhood right there on Westwood Boulevard, where they have a number of businesses, grocery stores, restaurants, bakeries, all sorts of things. It's a huge, tight knit community there in the West La area of the city, and they're considered again to be the largest diaspora in the United States now.
Speaker 3: They are extremely diverse.
Speaker 2: They are not a monolith, and their opinions about the escalating conflict really reflect the multiplicity of the feelings and anxiety over what's happening in Iran. Some of the Iranian American community members have expressed hope for a regime change. They are not happy with the current regime and they do hope that as a result of these strikes, as a result of the escalation between Israel Iran, and now with the United States entering into the conflict, that a regime change could come out of all of this. Others say that they're worried about potential backlash or even the scapegoating of their community if the US enters into the conflict. Beyond just what we saw last night with those initial strikes on the three nuclear facilities, many Iranian Americans support anti government protests, and that goes back to what happened in twenty twenty two where Masa Amani was killed that sparked a lot of the anti war sentiment amongst the Irani in population, and they also say that while they were in support of not having war going to war back in twenty twenty two during those conflicts, now the sentiment is different because the conflict between Israel and Iran is different. The community says they are less united in their hopes for the future of Iran. So they have a lot to say and a lot of potential consequences to what's happening in their homeland and how they're impacted right here in southern California. When we come back, we'll talk about the political divide. There's absolutely fallout from last night's strikes. Not everyone is in support of what happened. There are some, but you'll be surprised to hear and we will certainly who is not on President Trump's side when it comes to entering into this convent.
Speaker 3: Flicked with Iran.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: Timmy Hobbs here filling in until two o'clock, and we're talking all things Iran, all of the updates, all of the continuous breaking news and information out of Iran about that nuclear strike on those three prominent facilities by our US military last night round five pm hour time, one thirty Iran local time. That is said to have quote obliterated the key of the foremost nuclear site, which is called four to oh. And that comes from Defense Secretary Pete heg Seth. It is a little interesting when you look at the calendar and you see that July fourth, Independence Day, our most patriotic of holidays, is right around the corner. But not everyone is really feeling the patriotism when it comes to President Trump's decision to strike Iran, and in fact, that strike has sparked strong reactions across the political spectrum. Political leaders across the country have responded with a wide range of reactions, some happy, some supportive, and others downright condemning our now entry into what appears to be the prospect of a world war. It's not being called that by any means, but it is now seeing. This action is now seeing and causing wide ranging consequences. One person who spoke in support of the decision to strike those nuclear facilities, Vice President JD. Vance, fresh off of his visit to la is now embroiled in this situation and is speaking about it. He reposted first President Trump's message on X and on truth Social yesterday, and then he went on to speak to ABC's This Week, where he said this.
Speaker 8: The big question is the United States now at war with Iran. No, we're not at war with Iran. John, We're at war with Iran's nuclear program, and I think the President took decisive action to destroy that program last night. If I could step back a little bit, we have to give an incredible amount of gratitude to the troops who did an amazing thing last night. Think about this, John, They threw They flew thousands of miles away, a thirty hour NonStop flight, they never touched down on the ground, and they dropped a thirty thousand pound bomb on a target about the size of a washing machine. No military in the world has the training, the skills, and the equipment to do what these guys did last night. I know the President and I are both very proud of them, and I think what they did was accomplish a very core American national objective. Iran cannot have a nuclear weapons program. The President's been very clear about this. And thanks to the bravery and competence and skill of our great pilots and everybody who supported this mission. We took a major step forward for that national objective.
Speaker 3: Lap makes sense, right.
Speaker 2: Vice President j d Vance would of course be in support of this decision. But there are others on both sides of the isle who are expressing their descent. They're expressing their condemnation of that decision. And some of those voices or some of these words may in fact surprise you. One that may not surprise you Senator Bernie Sanders, another Alexandria Ocassio Cortes. Those who are typically characteristically on the left side of the isle are all condemning the strike, That includes Nancy Pelosi, and they're all calling it in different ways a violation of the Constitution and congressional war powers. Not really a surprise again for those on the left of the isle, because this is what they campaigned against. Now when it comes to those on the right, there are some voices that will be probably kind of shocking as far as them being in opposition to the decision. One of those people is Marjorie Taylor Green, a huge supporter of President Trump, and she has been in opposition to the United States getting involved in the conflict between Israel and Iran. She went on to say this is not our fight. Peace is the answer. That's Marjorie Taylor Green saying right there, peace is the answer. This is not our fight. There are more congressional reactions. In fact, Senator Tim Kane, Democrat out of Virginia, criticized the strikes and called them some pretty strong things.
Speaker 3: Let's hear from him.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 9: The Vice President was on another network earlier this morning and said, we are not at war with Iran. We are at war with Iran's nuclear program. There seems to be a lot of legal person on the definition of the word war here. What do you make of that description.
Speaker 10: I think it's bs and I think anybody hearing it would conclude the same thing. When you're bombing another nation, ask them if they think it's war, they do. Would we think it was war if Iran bombed a US nuclear facility, of course we would. And the US we've invaded two neighbors of Iran, Afghanistan and Iraq to topple their regimes.
Speaker 3: Since two thousand.
Speaker 7: Those were wars.
Speaker 10: This is the US jumping into a war of choice at Donald Trump's urging, without any compelling national security interests for the United States to act in this way, particularly without a debate and vote in Congress. We should not be sending troops and risking troops lives in an offensive war without a debate in Congress.
Speaker 2: Also Senator Chuck Schumer, he called for the Senate to immediately hold a vote under the War Powers Act to reassert Congress's constitutional role in declaring war. Representative jakeem Jeffries out of New York accused the President of misleading the public and bypassing Congress. Now here's where some of the surprise comes in. You do have Republicans weighing in as well, including Representative Thomas Massey, Republican out of Kentucky, who said that they would he would introduce with Representative Roe Kanna, a Democrat out of California. So you have a cross party duo of Representative Thomas Massey and Representative Roe Kanna, one Republican, one Democrat, that they would introduce a joint War Powers Resolution which states that the action of the missile strike on these three nuclear facilities was not constitutional without prior Congressional authors. Senator Lindsay Graham, another Republican, took a rare bipartisan position of support for the strikes. Calling them the quote right call to stop Iran from acquiring nuclear weapons. Then they're Senator Roger Wicker, Republican out of Mississippi, Senator Jim Rish Republican out of Idaho, and Representative Mike Johnson, Republican out of Louisiana, and they all support the decision as limited and decisive. They also went on to deny any intention of regime change or a quote forever war. This idea of a forever war seems to be a pretty strong talking point because some say President Trump ran on the basis of not entering the United States in anymore forever wars, but that this now seems to be looming, that this war entry by last night strikes could very well assure the United States into an ongoing aggression. Republican Warren Davidson out of Ohio and also Marjorie Taylor Green again raised constitutional concerns, continuing a trend of isolationist skepticism even amid GOP support.
Speaker 3: They are divided absolutely.
Speaker 2: Now President Trump did speak to this division, and I'll tell you what he posted this morning around eleven am on Truth, Social and X. It's long, and I'm gonna read it so you can hear what President Trump has to say against those who say that he shouldn't have launched those strikes in Iran.
Speaker 1: You're listening to KFI AM six forty on demand.
Speaker 2: We're covering everything involving the nuclear strikes in Iran by US military forces. Took place yesterday around five pm hour time one thirty am Iranian time, and Michael Monks is in downtown LA for what was supposed to be, or at least thought to maybe be a large anti war protest, but.
Speaker 3: Seems to be smaller in scale but no less effective and passionate.
Speaker 2: Michael Monks, anything new to report on any wrap up of this?
Speaker 4: Are you sing it's wrapped up, It's finished. They're finished that they wrapped up a few moments ago.
Speaker 7: They've gone home.
Speaker 4: They peaked at about fifty people on the steps of La City Hall and had a lot of strong messages about potential war with Iran and general let's say, displeasure with the Trump administration. A lot of different grievances express today. But we are also hearing that they're supposed to be a protest maybe a little more focused on immigration enforcement around southern California outside the Federal Building. I am now in the news vehicle moving along Temple in Alameda.
Speaker 7: As we speak.
Speaker 4: I just saw a pretty sizable group maybe about one hundred, somewhere between fifty and one hundred at a quick glance, moving there on Los Angeles Street outside the Federal building. That is where some protests have been taking place. This is different than the ones that have been taking place in front of the National Guard in the rear side of the Federal building. This was in the front side, the Los Angeles Street facing side, not the Alameda Street facing side.
Speaker 7: And there have been protests.
Speaker 4: Out there over a couple of specific arrest by immigration agents of United States citizens on various charges, so.
Speaker 7: That may be related to that.
Speaker 4: I'm getting ready to turn around here and get a look at what their messaging is because we have been informed that around three o'clock we should be seeing a protest on the Alameda Street facing side, and that's where things have been spicy because the National Guard has been stationed here. I'm driving past that section right now.
Speaker 3: Over there at the bilding that's exactly the.
Speaker 7: Roy Ball Federal Building.
Speaker 4: Right now, there's only about three National Guards soldiers four I see positioned out here on Alameda Street and no protesters yet, so I don't know if they are anticipating a larger crowd, but right now looks like one guy holding a sign marching back and forth on that block as the soldiers watch that. Again, what I saw on the front side of this building before I drove around to the rear was and this was just a quick glance, was all I could get so as not to obstruct traffic of somewhere between fifty and one hundred people with signs and flags marching on Los Angeles Street. I'm going to see if I can meet up with them. As I turned back towards Los Angeles Street, here closer to Union State, You.
Speaker 2: I am indeed, Okay, we just decided to not get any more steps in.
Speaker 3: Huh, take the easy way out.
Speaker 7: I wanted to make sure I could bring you the latest.
Speaker 4: And while it is not a long walk, the blocks in downtown Los Angeles are considerably sizable compared to other places, so it just would have taken me a little bit.
Speaker 7: Long longer to get here. Okay, I do see the crowd now, looks like they.
Speaker 4: Are blocking some of the They're blocking the entrance to the one O one freeway here. Obviously that has been a problem in recent weeks, some of the protesters getting out to the freeway and blocking traffic there.
Speaker 7: I think as I.
Speaker 4: Drive here now on Arcadia and Alameda, excuse me, Alamedia, Alameda, I've been corrected by coworkers and listeners. Alameda, Anglis size that a little harder.
Speaker 7: Okay.
Speaker 4: I am now at Arcadia and Los Angeles Street. This is right near the Olvera Street al Pueblo. And yes, indeed there is a protest that is about to march right past me. I'm gonna red light, so I'm gonna have to give way to these protesters. It does look like about fifty to one hundred. Oh, you're sitting one hundred now, I think.
Speaker 7: Yeah, but I bring you the news.
Speaker 4: I'll sit in traffic to bring you guys the news, since it's the type of sacrifices I'm willing to make. This does seem to appear to be more focused on immigration. I might look out here actually, because they have turned their focus to the freeway, not to enter it, but to stand on that overpass over the one oh one here, and they are pushing their signs in that direction so that commuters below can see it. So I'm going to drive past this now, and yeah, I'd say there's about one hundred people here waving flags, waving signs, and that is definitely a protest that is more focused on immigration. Now, whether or not that's going to swell in size the way that some of them have in more recent weeks yet to be determined. I've heard around three o'clock is when we can expect a protest outside the rear of that building where the National Guard has been stationed. But these protests, the ones that are more specific beyond just immigration enforcement but specific excuse me to at least one arrest of a US citizen who was believed to have been detained in.
Speaker 7: That building for a while. They have been in the front, and they have.
Speaker 4: Been smaller, they've been sizable, but they have been much smaller and entirely peaceful. So that looked a little more similar to what I've seen in days from this week. This past week, when the protests were more focused on the release of that guy you may have seen on our news and other news. The guy worked at Walmart in Pico Rivera and got swept up by immigration agents. They say he obstructed their efforts, and there were some protests to have him freed. I believe he's since been released on bond.
Speaker 3: That's the doctoral student I believe. Is that the same guy.
Speaker 7: I think that might be a different guy.
Speaker 4: This is a twenty year old guy who was working at the Walmart and Pico Rivera. There's plenty of video out in social media when some immigration agents showed up at the Walmart there in that area and did take some people into custody, and this guy was seen on video in the middle of all of that.
Speaker 7: I don't want to ascribe.
Speaker 4: Any accusations or any behavior to him that can't be confirmed by law enforcement or him, but they say that he obstructed their efforts and that's how he ended up in custody. But he is reportedly a United States citizen, and that has drawn protest downtown as well understood.
Speaker 2: I love the visual that I've in my mind of three National Guards people or National guardsmen and women standing on the sideline kind of watching the anti immigration protests start to build, while the anti war protests had none of that. It's just, you know, such a juxtaposition of just they're waiting over here, there's nothing over there. They need to attend to. But they're here at the other side just in case that's a really.
Speaker 7: Now, that's a good point.
Speaker 4: And as we noted previously and in our news coverage of vice president of VANCE, who visited Los Angeles on Friday, says that it even he acknowledges that things have calmed down. That's not to say they've been entirely calm. We saw the scenes out of Bell and Maywood that looked harry, that looked violent, but not to the scale that we saw in the early days of these protests. But he did say that the military would be staying here just in case there are flare ups. Right now, the protests that took place over the past couple of hours in front of La City Hall against the war or against war with Iran, potential war with Iran, that was entire peaceful. Right now, this group of about one hundred protesters, they may disturb some surface streets here in downtown LA and the civic center area, but right now not a large enough group or raucous enough group to cause any problems beyond that.
Speaker 7: I'm now driving past.
Speaker 4: That protest area where outside of LA City Hall it's just about completely clear and looks like all of those demonstrators have moved on, so it is a pretty quiet day here in downtown Los Angeles. Again, we talked about the businesses that are struggling down here because of it all. It's a beautiful Sunday afternoon. Everything that would typically be open on a Sunday afternoon looks like it is in fact open.
Speaker 7: But there aren't many people.
Speaker 4: I'll note for you, Tiffany, just the entrepreneurial spirit or the opportunism maybe of some of these street vendors. About midway through that protest against the potential war with Iran outside La City Hall, a guy who sells flags showed up and wanted to make sure everybody was well stocked on their flag of the week before they move on to their next protest.
Speaker 2: Well, you know vell crow shirts. That's our next foray into entrepreneurialis.
Speaker 4: Yeah, maybe it's just flag lapels that we need to have. So like, if you're protesting for America, you love America, you get the flag there. If you feel like you need to take a stand on behalf of Mexicans, you can, you know, either put that together with the American flag take them.
Speaker 7: We might have a little opportunity here for these protests.
Speaker 2: Michael Munks, you be safe out there, and I'm sure you'll be calling in to talk to Gary, who will be on shortly to continue this conversation.
Speaker 3: You'd be safe.
Speaker 7: I'm always available when they need me.
Speaker 6: All right.
Speaker 2: Lastly, just to wrap this up, President Trump does not like any of his MAGA supporters, his biggest advocates speaking out against him. Those include Steve Bannon I mentioned, Representative Marjorie Taylor Green, Tucker Carlson, Alex Jones, and Charlie Kirk, who have all spoken against entering into what they are calling a forever war, saying that that goes against what President Trump promised in his campaign for this most recent term. So they are speaking against him, and President Trump is pissed. He doesn't like that you don't speak against President Trump. But he has zeroed in on Congressman Thomas Massey of Kentucky, vowing to have him voted out primaried out. He says that he will absolutely campaign against him in the next election to make sure that that Congressman Thomas Massey is completely out and that he is not MAGA, and that MAGA should get rid of him immediately. Which kind of contradicts the fact that he's not MAGA. If MAGA should get rid of him, but either way, we'll stay up to speed on everything involving Iran and the strikes on those nuclear facilities. Currently no active threat in California in Los Angeles, but you will see and increased LAPD presence at these sensitive sites. Have a great day, Be safe everyone. I'll see you next next Saturday from five to seven on Saturdays with Tiffany Kfi AM sixty Man