Speaker 1: Smiling all the Way to the Bank, The Dirty Dozen, Doomsday around the Corner, we Ate, No Houlin, back Girl, gun Control, no mo oh. Yeah, there's trailers, a harbor of tears at Streaming Hut, Chicken, Penguino, Minudo, the Witch an Hour, and so much more. But before that, news Dimp.
Speaker 2: Mac, we are.
Speaker 1: At Idle Hands eight and nine Commercial Street in mall the Massachusetts this week seven pm, Wednesday night for It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Trivia.
Speaker 3: Yeah, first time we're dabbling and always Sonny. You know, We're we're hitting all the hat commodities here and there, and so I'm looking forward to this one. It is a show that, uh is going to be interesting to ask trivia questions about, that's for sure, because it's it's unlike any other show that's ever been on television.
Speaker 2: Just know this Mac goes for gasps. And I'm not just talking about this guy across the way Ronald McDonald as well.
Speaker 1: That's probably one of the trivia questions. What's Max's first name? I like that, Ronald, I just thought of it. Write it down on the Google dolls.
Speaker 3: As a nice one pointer for the folks.
Speaker 1: Newsdamp the weekend box office. Smile Too open domestically at twenty three million dollars. It's a little bit so it was forecasted twenty to forty million, So not as great as what they thought, but very good reviews. It also surpassed the first one forty six million world wide The Wild Robot, which is also now streaming as well. That made ten million at the box office, approaching two hundred million overall. Terrifier three drops to third at nine point three million dollars, but that's not bad. I think the budget on that movie is fifteen dollars.
Speaker 2: Beetlejuice.
Speaker 1: Beetlejuice finished fourth and it's one hundredth weekend at the box office five million dollars. We Live in Time finished fifth, four and a half million. This was its first wide release weekend, and Joker finally had you sixth.
Speaker 3: Yep, we got to be nearing the end of the Joker theatrical run. We know it's coming to digital in a week or two. Yes, it's not gonna make it's not even gonna get to two hundred and fifty million, never mind the five hundred that we agreed upon. So that's that's that's a tough one. For old go there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what are you gonna do for the podcast? You're gonna torture me?
Speaker 3: You and I both watched The Wild Robot in this past week and enjoyed it quite a bit. It is it's a great movie. There's no there's no poem punches here. It's a it's a great movie. I think it It perfectly plays to an adult audience and a child audience. I think it's pretty cool animation, really cool story. So that's gonna keep making money even though it is digitally streaming now. And we also saw a movie go this past week called The Substance, which we should be talking about at the end of this week. And uh, it's a movie. I'll tell you that.
Speaker 2: Tell you what it is sticking with me.
Speaker 3: It is a fucking movie. It's it's one of the more memorable movies we've seen in a long time.
Speaker 2: Mm hmm.
Speaker 1: It is in your face and it does not care. And I appreciate that. To NA, what is opening this weekend? You didn't write that down, Venom. That's right, Manim's opening this weekend. I think it's actually forecasting pretty well.
Speaker 3: Are you gonna hit the screening that I will not be able to make. I am yes, okay, Yeah, so that will probably be our our gooz Day episode because I don't think I'm gonna be able to see it until Friday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we'll do Goozday and then we'll do a real spooky news dump Oo spoctacular.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: News Damp France Formers one is now available digitally. It made one hundred and nineteen domestic in its theatrical run.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was curious about how much money it costs to make that movie. The production costs for about seventy five million, and so I guess maybe double that to get the Uh. The marketing costs as well, to about one forty one to fifty, So it could stand to lose a couple bucks, but it's still gonna make a couple of pounds, and it is still getting reviewed well, so that might end up having a break even point. But you ended up being right about that. It didn't do as well as it should have based on all the metrics and everything everyone was saying about the movie.
Speaker 1: News Dump dead Pool and Wolverine has become the twelfth highest grossing film of all time, domestically passing Barbie. It is only sixteen million behind Inside Out two for eleventh. I'm not sure if it'll reach.
Speaker 3: That, and Inside two is only like one million behind the tenth place one, which the movie Escape Escapes Me. But that's two twenty twenty four releases that have entered the top twelve of all time, which is I mean, maybe somewhat foreseeable for Deadpool and Wolverine, but the Inside Out too is still mind boggling.
Speaker 2: Movies, You're back.
Speaker 1: I actually, up until this past weekend, I was saying to myself, are movies not back?
Speaker 3: It's been a pretty mid year.
Speaker 1: But then after watching The Wild Robot in the Substance, I said, our movies back.
Speaker 3: I think the two movie Well, I actually watched a bunch of movies last week, but those two movies, we've now referenced a couple of times, I think are two of the four best movies I've seen this year, which is unbelievable.
Speaker 1: News Damp Avengers Doomsday will begin filming in spring, and I believe it's filming back to back with its sequel.
Speaker 3: Correct, I wouldn't be surprised.
Speaker 2: I believe it is. I think I read on culture.
Speaker 3: The only issue with that, if that is the case, is that's a long time for leaks to come out on the internet, and the internet's a leaky fuck.
Speaker 2: It didn't happen with Endgame.
Speaker 3: They didn't film them back to back. This they did, and I don't think they did.
Speaker 2: They came out a year after. Yeah, they filmed back to back, not in.
Speaker 3: The way I'm talking about like Matrix Revolutions and Matrix whatever the other name one is, like they filmed concurrently. I guess is what I'm doing.
Speaker 2: They're going to film them back to back like that Drake song, or like when you had Albert Bell and Frank Thomas.
Speaker 3: Sure sure, or Paul kernerkle and Frank Thomas. Hold on, hold on, well, el why would you reference to Albert Bell in the White Sox? Did he do like a year and a half on the White Sox?
Speaker 2: I don't know. It just came to me.
Speaker 3: You could have gone, did you tell me play for the White Sox too?
Speaker 2: To answer all of your questions, I'm gonna put this back on my shirt.
Speaker 3: I love how that desk is so infrequently used that it's been sitting there for a full week.
Speaker 2: I'm the only one news dumb the d Plus. On March fourth, Daredevil Born Again I read that we'll be getting nine episodes, and did you see the trailer that was shot on someone's phone?
Speaker 3: No, I wasn't aware it existed.
Speaker 2: I saw it.
Speaker 3: Any good.
Speaker 2: I would like to see a real trailer. Okay, all right, yeah, looks pretty good.
Speaker 3: This is obviously a date is encouraging as well. But the news here is nine episodes as opposed to the eighteen or fucking twenty four that they had originally in the first iteration of this show. So it seems like they're good. They're listening to the fans and giving us what we want.
Speaker 1: Back when I did The Nanny, I did twenty three episodes a season.
Speaker 2: Why aren't shows doing this anymore?
Speaker 3: You know what's weird to look back at? And it went away by like the end of the twenty's early twenty tens, but watching like going back and look at IMDb of Like Friends, and it's like twenty three twenty six. It wasn't even like a set number. It was just you'd get into the twenties and then ah, you end it when you feel like it.
Speaker 1: Whatever you could jam in there. So the trailer, I think this has already been leaked on social media, but it's Murdoch and Kingpin sitting at a diner and talking, and Murdoch is like, I'm gonna be right behind you and if you step out a line, I'm gonna take you down. And then Kingpin says, is this Murdoch talking to me or your friend Daredevil?
Speaker 3: Is Kingpin still running from Mayor? In this iteration of the show.
Speaker 1: He only has one eye and he's always talking about Echo. He's like, where's Echo right now? I haven't seen that go anywhere? Daredevil?
Speaker 2: Do you know where I.
Speaker 3: Forgot about that show? Was that this year?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Huh, yeah, I know it's gonna win that award.
Speaker 2: News dumb.
Speaker 1: Tom Holland me got some news over here. First and foremost. He has been cast in the new Christopher Nolan movie that'll be an espionage genre film. He also said that while reading the script for Spider Man for with Zendaiyah brag lit a fire under him.
Speaker 3: That's another movie I watched in the last week, which was tremendously I said, both underwhelming and somewhat good.
Speaker 2: Was it Saxy Enough Challengers?
Speaker 3: By the way, Yeah, yeah, this is the move that Matt Damon right Man, Damon Man, Damon asked to star along Matt Damon. Uh, yeah, Christopher Nolan, Tom Holland, who's not gonna like that. Uh. I think it's obvious that the MCU is gonna get to Miles Morales at some point. The question.
Speaker 2: I haven't brought that up yet, but yeah, go ahead.
Speaker 3: Oh I thought you said that already. No.
Speaker 1: I said the thing that he read the script with Zendaya. But you were so quick to, you know, jump on and protect your queen that I you know that you didn't listen to it.
Speaker 3: I'll go to war for her.
Speaker 2: Go. The other piece of news is that he wants to bring Miles Morales into the MCU, saying I would love to do that for a young kid, what Robert Downey Junior did for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think it's obvious that they're gonna get there. Uh. The issue will be by the time we get there, will the MCU be viable.
Speaker 1: I saw a good joke on social media. Someone said, I bet RDJ plays Miles Morales.
Speaker 3: Whoo smoked him Michael B. Jordan as Miles Morales, who's now older than Tom Hollins.
Speaker 2: News damp Gun was a cousin.
Speaker 1: Sam all Right, David corn swet will blow people the fuck away as Superman.
Speaker 3: Uh yeah, he's just talking up a star about how good Corn Sweat is. And I gotta be honest with you. The only time I think I've ever seen David corn Sweat and anything was Twisters this year, and he had a pretty subdued role in that movie. So I'm excited going into this universe with like a blank slate person who is notable. He is a maybe not quite a household name, but he's getting there. I'm very much looking forward to, like not having anything projected upon him because I don't know him as anything else.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I saw him in some Ryan Murphy stuff with my wife, I think The Politician maybe, and then he was in that Hollywood.
Speaker 3: Show all right, both sound terrible.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well it's Ryan Murphy. What do you want?
Speaker 3: He strikes gold once maybe once a decade, which.
Speaker 2: Was that Aaron Hernandez? So right? News deep. Also, Supergirl begins filming in January.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is you know, guns doing some weird shit in DCU. But because he did such a good job with some weird shit in the MC, we kind of have to let him just do it. There's no real appetite for the Super Good movie, Super Goop Super Goo Super super Girl movie. I don't think, but by January, I'm sure I'll be looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: News demp.
Speaker 1: But a trailer for Creature Commandos. This is hitting Max on December fifth. And this is Spooky Suicide Squad.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And because it's animated, I don't know if it's technically cannon.
Speaker 2: And I believe it is the first Cannon Yeah.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, so then I guess I'm I guess I have to be looking forward to it.
Speaker 2: It's gott Amanda Waller. You love that character.
Speaker 3: Yeah, can't stand her.
Speaker 2: Niga's damp. Also go to a trailer.
Speaker 1: Oh fuck, I didn't watch this, God damn it. Can you describe it to me? Stranger Things chapter two? Oh, this is The Strangers Chapter two. I don't care.
Speaker 2: Then I misread it. Chapter one stunk.
Speaker 3: I haven't seen chapter one.
Speaker 2: I haven't even found it anywhere either.
Speaker 3: Girl Madeline Petch Yeah. Chapter trailer came out with a coming soon, so we don't even have a date yet. And this is this is one of those movies that at the beginning of the year they said it might come out by the end of the year, but again didn't have a date on it. Yeah, the first movie did not do very well, so I haven't seen it, and I'm I'm I'm simultaneously like looking forward to dumping jumping into these three there's gonna be a three part movie, but also annoyed because they already fucking stumbled out of the gate. But I love that original movie from OT seven eight eight.
Speaker 2: I think eight out.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so I don't know, it's a real love hate with the strangers.
Speaker 1: News damp I've got a trailer for wolf Man hitting theaters on January seventeenth.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know about this one. Goo, I don't know about that. That Invisible Man movie was such a diamond in the rough in a year that was pretty terrible. It was twenty twenty. There was no real good movies that came out that year, and so I wonder I haven't gone back and rewatched that movie. Maybe I'll do that. This of course, is going to be operating in that in that same universe, and uh, I'm a little worried that it took four years to get the next movie in the universe. Going news Dampier four.
Speaker 1: Netflix is the Electric States hitting Netflix the streamer on the fourteenth of March.
Speaker 3: Get the Russo Brothers, Millie, Bobby Brown, Chris Pratt, Woody Harrelson, Kei Kwan, Anthony Mackie, and John Carl Esposito. This is another stars filled, fucking Russo Brothers Netflix thing, And I don't know, I don't know why they keep doing this. I'm I'm a little intrigued by this premise in.
Speaker 2: This because Chris Pratt has long hair, and.
Speaker 3: By this like dystopian sci fi setting, which I'm always kind of in on. Yeah, but this is not gonna be good, right, the triller did.
Speaker 2: Now you always feel, even when you look at a Netflix triller, that they're gonna cut a corner somewhere.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, that's a good way of putting it.
Speaker 2: Not Wendy's, though their hamburgers are squares.
Speaker 3: It's true. Even the Krabby Patty one.
Speaker 2: Dave Thomas said, we don't cut corners around here.
Speaker 3: Have you had a Krabby Patty yet? No?
Speaker 1: I heard It's just a cheeseburger, though, Yeah, think it's just stericulously you know what I had over the weekend the first time in many of years. If anyone was native to the Massachusetts area, Sagas Arlington, went to Jimmy Steakhouse, had myself a crab meat pie.
Speaker 2: Haven't had one in a long time.
Speaker 3: They also own grass Fields, Sah and the same company. Yeah, I think Grassfields technically a Waltham is that I want to say. Yeah, it's right on the line right there. But yeah, Jimmy's is better than Grassfields. But I do like grass Fields. I'll tell you this. Yeah, best rice pealoff from a chain restaurant I've ever had from Jimmy's and Grassfields and incredible rice pealoff.
Speaker 2: Agreed. I did a surf and turf, half crab meat pie, half of a prime rib.
Speaker 3: Oh all right? That were you able to pick the cut of steak?
Speaker 2: It was a prime rib.
Speaker 3: It was just locked in prime rib.
Speaker 1: There's a locked in prime rib. Yeah, I'll have a prime reb, all right. Sure, I almost never crave a prime rib, but when I see it on the menu, I'm like, yeah, it's always a specialty.
Speaker 3: So this is this is what I was realizing the other day. I have not eaten a lot of steaks this year, and I think that's in part because I don't know if I'm ever going to have a steak as good as the wagoo I had in in Hawaii.
Speaker 2: Think a tainted it?
Speaker 3: It has. There's been a couple a couple of stakes that I have had. I'm like, this is okay, Like I don't want to pay fucking thirty five dollars for this, Like just not worth it to me.
Speaker 1: I should have told you that, uh Dom Sausage down the street. I think last weekend had Japanese wild goose for sale.
Speaker 3: Oh boy, so good. I would be so I would buy it and try to cook it. I'd be worried I wouldn't cook it appropriately.
Speaker 2: He's gonna see her three minutes on each side.
Speaker 3: You're fine, wasn't even that long when I had it out in the in Hawaii, Hawaii? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Is that when you went on the Gilligan's Island tour.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they wouldn't let you off the bus until you said it like that.
Speaker 1: I'll also go on a trailer for Dune Prophecy. This is hitting Max in November. They did the voice and I'll tell you right now, this is off the back of the penguino there. I am loving these giant blockbuster movies, these great films that are filling in some spaces with television shows.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a slippery slope, I think, because there has to be the appetite for the world building, and you also sort of need to have it written out the way it is.
Speaker 1: Did you want a Sophia fl Cone show? No, of course, I didn't let me ask you. Now, do you love it?
Speaker 3: It's all I want, It's all I can get is Christine Kristin milliad.
Speaker 2: Do you want Kristin Miliatti to beat you up?
Speaker 3: Oh? My god, fucking tie me up. I was so so jealous of Johnny Vetty this last episode. That's all I want. I think that there's now an appetite for these things where but there has to be a lot of previous legwork, right, so Dune, there's a million books, Batman, there's a million comics.
Speaker 2: But also, don't do too much. Don't do what Marvel did, Just don't do too much.
Speaker 3: No, I agree, I agree, And I think there's a difference between Max quality shows and Disney Plus quality. Yes, yes, yes, yes, yes, but one a year sure, and one a year works, and it doesn't oversaturate things. And I'll tell you if you can get me to care about Oswald kopple Pott's right hand man in Fucking Sophia Falcone. I guess I love everything you're gonna touch.
Speaker 1: News Depp also off the back of that Doune news is that The Batman two and Doune three will not be filming at the same time. Batman two is twenty twenty five and Dune three is twenty twenty six, meaning that Greg Fraser can.
Speaker 2: Work on both movies as yeahmatographer.
Speaker 3: We've talked about this a couple of times now, and Matt Reeves, the director of The Batman, and Denis Villeneuve, the director of the Dune franchise, has utilized Greg Fraser in both movies and he's fucking absolutely crushed the visuals in both movies, and so it was gonna be maybe not a detriment, but something that would be on the viewer's mind going into whichever one he wasn't able to do. So we're very, very happy that he's gonna be able to cover both.
Speaker 2: News Depp.
Speaker 1: Things news that I thought was up there, and that is David Harber said that Stranger Things, the series finale is the best episode they've ever made.
Speaker 3: So don't set me up to hate you David Harber. We're in an age where everyone's gassing everything every project they're doing, he said. He said when reading the script for the series finale, which who knows. I don't know if it's gonna be twenty minutes or two hours, he said about halfway people. Halfway through, people started crying. Then the last twenty minutes it was just uncontrollable crying. I mean, that didn't happen.
Speaker 2: That's like every episode of Mac and Goo though.
Speaker 3: I mean, like so maybe people had like watery eyes, but there was no uncontrollable crying going on during a script read when you still haven't even shot the thing. Maybe the last day on set? Sure, why not? Don't fuck with me, David Harber, Come.
Speaker 2: On, I don't know. I cried three times during the Wild Robots, so I'm not gonna.
Speaker 3: Fucking Wild Robot had a couple of good moments, a couple of real good moments.
Speaker 2: The robot was teaching the duckling how to fly, you know what that? Come on, come on, guys.
Speaker 3: I laughed out loud when the duck was trying to swim too. That was good.
Speaker 2: That was good.
Speaker 3: But note the Wild Robot did really well. Is it had like two different stories and wrapped them up both within the same movie really well, and had gave us both rising and falling actions twice. It was I just did a great job in that movie.
Speaker 2: I loved it. I loved it.
Speaker 1: News Doubt, Speaking of I guess we'll get to this in a second here, But yet another horror remake or reboot a carry television show was in the works at Prime, with Mike Flanagan as the executive producer, says Deadline.
Speaker 3: So I guess maybe since Flannagan's attached to the project, that helps it. But you know, this appetite we're talking about for having this big world building in these large ips like Batman and Dune, you know what I don't have an appetite for is all of these seventies and eighties classic horrors getting brought back and just getting completely butchered or adding lore that doesn't need to be added. It's it's I'm over it. I'm completely over Ito.
Speaker 1: Speaking of horror remake slash sequel slash reboots, news Damp Luca Guanadinoani to direct a new adaptation of American Psycho at Lionsgate.
Speaker 2: This, of course, also from Deadline, I do not like that.
Speaker 3: So Guaraninho has had very good critical success over the last handful of years, so sure, maybe he's going to direct a good movie. If there's a list of movies you would make to never be remade, America American Psychle will be pretty high on the list, like outside of the early classics and some ones that you just wouldn't be able to make today. Why would you want to remake American Psycho, which is only twenty four years old right now? It's not that old. It was made this millennia.
Speaker 1: I'd rather make American Psycho too, the remake to that which starred Mila Kunis and William Shatner. Sure give me that one instead. Yeah, why not news down.
Speaker 2: For l at play? Oh, they should call it chick for Play. This is the chick fil a streaming service. But go ahead.
Speaker 3: Did you like my headline? You know, instead of steaming hot chicken, stream and hot chicken.
Speaker 1: Ah, I missed that. That's a good explanation, twenty two minutes into the episode.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: That is gonna launch on November eighteenth. The service will launch with the collection of original animated shows, scripted podcasts, cooking shows, and interactive stories.
Speaker 2: This sounds terrible, insane.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you a guez to two middle class, aging white men who have a podcast. I think you and I both agree that one of the stupidest things that has come out of this whole podcast boom is the scripted podcasts. No one needs these, no one wants these. What they end up being is like television shows that couldn't get made, so they fucking get turned into these scripted podcast There's no If there wasn't an appetite for it to be on TV to get canceled after a season, there's no appetite for it to end up in podcasts form. I guess there's no real harm in that. But on top of scripted podcasts not being anything anyone wants, you're telling me Chick fil A is going to be producing scripted podcasts. Come on now.
Speaker 2: Two things. First off, I feel like Fryar listens to scripted podcasts.
Speaker 3: Friar would be the exact type that we listen to that.
Speaker 1: But also as someone who I look, I love old shit. I love theater of the mind. Yeah, I love you know, you create sound effects, you tell a story while you're doing it, old radio serials.
Speaker 3: You and Martin SCORSESEI same people.
Speaker 2: I once did a doc Savage play on my own. I voiced all the characters.
Speaker 1: I got the tinfoil out and A banged on it for thunder and whatnot.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, but no, I don't listen to these.
Speaker 3: No, and and we're not the most artsy people, but we can sniff farts every once in a while.
Speaker 2: I just talked about doing radio plays. Yeah, back, I know.
Speaker 3: That's what I'm talking about. And if we're not into scripted podcasts, who is? Who is?
Speaker 2: I also wrote my own one time.
Speaker 1: It was about a It's about a haunted mansion and two vacationers who went there.
Speaker 3: Wow, sounds like every scary movie.
Speaker 2: Ever, only to be discovered by aliens. That was the twist.
Speaker 3: Wait, what the aliens discover them in the haunted house or they discover aliens in the haunted house.
Speaker 2: I don't know, Man news damp.
Speaker 3: Bactly do that you put together?
Speaker 1: I'm not a good writer. Benguino Minnuto. I am only halfway through this episode. I had an early morning, so I had to sleep early. I watched twenty five minutes on the Staremaster this morning. A great way to pass time. I'll tell you that much.
Speaker 2: Sure, sure, but uh, I was excited when I saw the Hey so fair, it's kind of all that your family was.
Speaker 3: Dead and yeah, not that. Yeah, our favorite character from The Batman, I don't remember his name, and I don't know the actor's name, but the police chief with that voice pops up in this episode. So that's nice. You're bucking up the wrong tree. There's a couple of things that happened that I guess have kind of spoiled for you since you're looking at it right now. But we have I believe three episodes left after this, and now the plot is like in motion. They're over the character building and the backstories, and now shit's about to happen, and I'm so excited for it, and I am really really looking forward to these final three episodes.
Speaker 2: News all along, Mac, we are Now what episode was that?
Speaker 3: That was episode five as well? That might have been episode six, might have been six, So I think two left here.
Speaker 1: I have now fallen asleep during five of the six episodes.
Speaker 3: Should be called maximovall along?
Speaker 2: Now, he oh, I get it.
Speaker 3: If you're not watching this show, and you if you want a reason to watch it, there's Wanda stuff tied into this, and I think we're heading And don't get me wrong, it's very intriguing right now, Argue what you want about what has taken place so far, what's about to happen. I'm pretty intrigued by it feels like we're getting Wanda's return at the end of this, right Isn't that what we're kind of trending towards here.
Speaker 1: After waking up and rewatching. I believe that they are just really they're getting to the young Avengers. I think they're trying to get there after the next big Avengers movie.
Speaker 3: Okay, all right, So you think that Billy is wanting to use the Witch's Road to get Tommy back? Is that the end game here?
Speaker 1: But I also question is Tommy because so Billy is able to do this, I feel because he's a mind person.
Speaker 3: Sure, she right, So that's why he was able to project.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm as a speed fella, So I don't know if he's able to do that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know if you're allowed to do.
Speaker 1: Oh did I ask you last week about were you excited to see helf Boner?
Speaker 3: You know what, I'm glad they brought him back because I like what the fuck is his face? Evan Peters A big fan of him. In general, the whole Ralph Boner thing just makes me just still bothers the shit out of me. But I guess they have, you know, fleshed that out a little bit more. I do like that he's like a conspiracy theorist. Now like that that works well for the character. I like most of what this show has done. And I'm not going to pretend that like this show had any chance of being forty dogs, but it's it's been about the best it could have been. I think. So if that's if that's the watch, go for it.
Speaker 2: Put it on the DVD cover as good as it could be.
Speaker 3: Like, if you're talking about all the Marvel shows we've watched, what's where they're twelve now or something, it's probably smack dab in the middle.
Speaker 1: Yeah, news deep, All right, thank you for listening to this dump once again. Check us out this week at idle Handscraft Dales eighty nine Commercial Street, Mall of the Massachusetts for It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia Trivia. We've already given you one of the answers, and here's another one. Danny DeVito he plays Frank.
Speaker 3: There you go. You's got two points.
Speaker 1: Tell us the actor who joined the show in season two and helped it from getting canceled. Because they were about to get canceled after season one, they had to bring in a big name star, and Danny DeVito's daughter was a huge fan.
Speaker 2: Of the show and showed him some episodes.
Speaker 3: I gotta admit my first watch through it was very distracting to have Danny DeVito on there, and then like once you just get used to sitting in the room with them, it works.
Speaker 2: So, well, what season did you jump into the show for?
Speaker 3: So when we did that episode with Toucher, what was that twenty fifteen?
Speaker 2: Oren? No, that was no, You're right, seven seventeen.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I had seen episodes but never consistently watched. Yeah, so what was that season ten or eleven? And I think it was season ten or eleven.
Speaker 2: I've been ten.
Speaker 3: I got caught up on Always Sonny in about five weeks. I watched the seasons of that show in five weeks.
Speaker 1: Then I started watching the show regularly in season three, like the start of season three, so I got into it before everybody. What else, Oh, end of the week substance, substance, substance, substance, substance.
Speaker 3: If you don't mind being grossed out a few times, watch the movie. There there's some delightful scenes in this movie. If you're into Max Rax at all, that that plays up if you just like genuinely good acting. Also very very nice job from the two leads, and I think we can agree. We talked about it briefly. Dennis Quaid made the shit out of some plumbinage.
Speaker 2: Also the way that they shot Dennis Quaid. Yes, would like the fish Eye.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you. The cinematography was unbelievable in this movie.
Speaker 1: I'm also so disappointed that this is no longer a unique view, but I was. I was watching the review done by h Jeremy John Jeremy jam on YouTube.
Speaker 2: He does like the movie reviews.
Speaker 3: Jeremy jam is from Pawnee.
Speaker 1: So Jeremy John then Jeremy John's I don't know either way. There was another reviewer that that made the same comparison I did, and now the wind is out of my sail.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think when you start trying to compare it to movies, though, there's like a three or four that are gonna come to mind that you're like, oh, it's sort of a love.
Speaker 2: Child wreck William for a Dream meets the Fly kind.
Speaker 3: Of yeah, with a couple other things in there, And I feel like they paid homage to a couple of movies as well.
Speaker 2: So check it out at the end of the week. Be ase we love do we love it? You'll find out there we go