Speaker 1: Thank you for being with me at the Intersection tonight. I bumped into a friend of mine today about an hour ago as I was finishing dinner with my family who is very, very concerned about her right to vote and the Democrats and midterms. And it's a person that I use as a bellweather because she has very good instincts and if she's worried, I know that the messaging around voter protection, election elections and databases is not where it should be, that Democrats not leading the charge strongly enough. And that's why I think it's so perfectly exquisitely timed to have Mark Elias join me in about a half an hour to give some more confidence to our audience that if working together, or we knit ourselves together, we protest together, we campaign together, we register to vote together, and we vote together, we will overcome all of the attempts to steal an election when all those things fall into place. So thank you to Sharon. I'm glad I bumped into you for many reasons, but what it did motivate me for tonight. I have so many things I want to talk about that I've curated for you here at the Intersection. Thanks for being such fervent supporters. The generosity of your time, your spirit, and sometimes your money is greatly appreciated. For independent journalists can only exist. You are the oxygen that we breathe. We can't exist without you. Let me kick it off with something. It's all linked to voting and Donald Trump's assault unvoting, and of course the Iranian War, where Donald Trump blithefully tells the America people, Oh, don't worry, the midterms won't impact my Iranian strategy that presupposes there is an Iranian strategy. Trump got very angry today at a reporter, obviously a female reporter, when she said to him, mister president, what's the plan. Is there a plan? And that he had to put upon is there something you don't know, something I don't know? Is there a plan? I mean, she asked a very good question. I'm one degree separated from somebody that knows somebody this close to President Trump and is part of his inner circle. And that person said, to that inner circled person, so what's the plan. And the person who's this close to Donald Trump said there is no plan. There's no plan. It's Tuesday, that's the plan. And that was somebody I can't reveal who it is right now. But when when I finally am able to completely consistent with this reporter. I don't think we have that clip, but completely consistent with that reporter's quitequestioning and Donald Trump acting so put upon about being asked a fundamental question about his stewardship of this folly of a war that's already taken the live of almost twenty service people, probably more more than four hundred and fifty wounded, probably more and more to come. And we're running out of missiles. That's not the reporting over the weekend. We're literally running out of munitions because we weren't prepared to go to war with Iran, especially the way that Donald Trump is navigating it. In fact, I think we have a clip of Trump today in the Oval Office talking about the war.
Speaker 2: There are no signs that Iran is ready to stop fighting.
Speaker 1: So what is the plan?
Speaker 2: Is the plan to just keep bombing until that you're out? You know something that I don't know. You don't know what the dialogue is behind the scenes, that they want to meet the control and ended because they're getting decimated.
Speaker 1: You don't get that when you listen to your state station, but you don't know.
Speaker 2: You don't know anything.
Speaker 3: You know something that I don't know.
Speaker 2: You know something I don't know. I will tell you that they want to get forty and until they're ready to meet in a meaningful way, we have no interest when even.
Speaker 1: All right, So there's that clip, right, So you know she has a very good follow up question. So tell us this is what you know, reporters. Scrums are supposed to be about to educate the American people. Remember when in Wars passed and I asked that you. Ben and I were preparing for the show last Saturday and we were talking about the war, and I said, well, where is Donald Trump's Norman schwartzkof Where is his Colin Powell? Where is his general strategist briefing the American people on a daily basis about the war that's being conducted. There is one, because there is no plan. There is no genius military strategist that's in charge. This is it, folks, this is you know, I'm showing you the magic trick. This is it. It's Pete hagg Seth, a lieutenant general who was elevated to general kin And that's about it. And a whole bunch of other leaders who got tossed on their ass by Pete Hegseth because he was challenged. See, in my career, I've always wanted smart and smarter people than me around me. At continues, Oh no, not Pete Hegseth, No, no, no, you're your criteria for being to having a career under Pete Hegseth is that you are dumber than him. And we're watching the war play out, And does anybody really believe Donald Trump that Iran is calling him back channel and begging for the war to stop. That is that even? Is that even a thing? I don't think so. And then we have the confirmation nine to eight see elections matter of the new Director of National Intelligence, Jake Clayton. Everybody, come on down, Jay, tell us a little bit about yourself. Well, I like to play golf with the President. I did that very well. Okay. I was the Securities and Securities in Exchange Commission chief for the first term. That was my dream job. Okay. And what is your background. Oh, I'm a corporate transactional lawyer. That's what I did my whole lot. I did deals. Great. Are you leaving out anything about your national intelligence experience as spymaster, perhaps worked in the FBI, the CIA, the Director of National Intelligence before. Nope, don't have any of that. I am a tremendous loyalist to Donald Trump, and I have on occasion, including during my confirmation hearing denied the election results. This is the new Director of National Intelligence, to which seventeen different intelligence agency, civilian, and military now report. And if you think he's an upgrade from Tulci Gabbert, only it's only because Tulci gab Gabbart for years was rumored to be a Russian asset who was a puppet of Putin and read his talking points like like she was a talking head on one of those news shows on Russian television. So I guess he's better than that. But if you thought, well, it'll be a breath of fresh air to have somebody else to which the CIA reports and advising Donald Trump, well think again, because he got tripped up by one question that he should have saw coming a mile away, which is, are you an election denier or not? That's what we need to know before we make you the Director of National Intelligence, especially after Tulci Gabbert was caught wearing her baseball cap lurking around places like Fulton County, Georgia and Puerto Rico, trying to take and grab voting machines, saying it was her job as the Director of National Intelligency. Trump is using the national intelligence community that he now controls, the and the FBI and the Department of Justice now led by him, and a whole band of mary election deniers that all reside inside and outside the White House. Right, Cleta Mitchell write the name. Now we'll talk about it more. When Mark Elias joins us, a lawyer, election lawyer at some point created something called the Election Integrity Network the ei N, putting chapters in every state. And wouldn't you know it, there is an election integrity department inside the White House led by an election denier, Kurt Olsen. So many of the things that we're watching is this two step play between Kurt Olsen and then the Director of National Intelligence, Tulci Gabbert. And that led to the seizure of equipment in Puerto Rico and in Georgia. And now you've got Jake Clayton. Jake Clayton at one time, you know, he'd been like a prosecutor back in the day you know he had some some ethics. Go oh god, watch a senator as off of Georgia. Just ask a simple question and see the response for our what could likely be on the nine to eight vote voting amount of committee today our next director of National Intelligence? Play the clip?
Speaker 4: Yes, who won the twenty twenty election?
Speaker 1: You know what, I'm not going to do this with you.
Speaker 4: This is a job interview. We've established that you have an obligation to pretty honest and forthright with the committee. Yes, you do have an obligation to be honest and forthright with the committee. Yes, who won the twenty twenty election?
Speaker 5: Like I said, I'm not going to get into that.
Speaker 4: With you, but you do have an obligation to be honest and forthright with the committee. Is anything that I just said non honest or forthright? Yes, you're not being honest or forthright. Who won the ask the question? We can keep doing this, Well, we're going to keep doing it because you're not being honest and forth right.
Speaker 1: I'm not going to engage in the theater.
Speaker 4: It's a simple question, mister Clayton, And I've asked who won the twenty twenty presidential election? I've answered it you're here asking for the support of senators to lead America's intelligence community. We've established that you have an obligation to be honest and forthright with this committee and with the American public. But you refuse to answer a simple matter of fact about the twenty twenty election.
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 3: No, that's not right.
Speaker 4: Then answer the question who won twenty twenty election? Answer it? What is your answer?
Speaker 1: I've given you my answer.
Speaker 4: What is your answer? You refuse to answer a basic question about who won a presidential election, but you asked to lead America's intelligence community. Isn't it humiliating to be un able to answer this question? To have to indulge the president's delusions? We know you know everybody in this room knows the truthful answer to that question. Why can you not give it?
Speaker 1: I think I gave you the answer. Are you aware that Director gap right, I gave you the answer. I'm not answering the question. I'll kill my job, opportunity, my job I'm trying out for with my main client, Donald Trump. I'm not giving you the answer. I love Senator Osa for so many reasons. By the way, he's up for election at the midterms, and a little bit of a programming note. His colleague, Reverend Senator Warnock, is going to be joining me tomorrow on Legal af for an exclusive interview to talk about voting, voter protection, the United States Supreme Court, and his ideas of what the Democrats should do if they get all three branches of government. It's a must see YouTube interview, podcast interview. And he's also going to be working hard to get his friend and colleague center asoff Re elected. And I think we just saw the reason why we need him in the Senate. But it was a close vote, but it was nine Republicans and eight Democrats. Are those that caucus with us that confirmed that guy to be the Director of National Intelligence? Now a puppet, a tool of Donald Trump to be used in his attack on voting, No doubt about it. He's already used him as an attack on free press. You know what his parting gift was. You can, by the way, we're live live when Mark Elias joins too. Put your questions in comments tonight and our staff will flag it for me and put it up on a screen for me, and I'll try to answer as many as I can. You know what Jay Clayton is parting gift to Donald Trump was when he was the acting Southern well the Southern District of New York Manhattan federal prosecutor, the subpoenas against the New York Times reporters and their mother's phone records and testimony before a grand jury as they try to get to the bottom of the leak of the anonymous sources. The New York Times relied on to report that the Katari Air Force one is unsafe at any speed, is unsafe to fly, and doesn't have the missile protection components and apparatus that all the other Air Force ones have had. All they gotta get to the bottom of who who leaked that? Who leaked that? You just look at the plane. There's there's a there's a periodical that I look at for plane issues called Aviation Weekly.
Speaker 3: Go check it out.
Speaker 1: They have photos it's not classified, of the tail and the back end of the current the real air Force one, the baby blue one with all of the anti missile systems in place. And I'll look at the tale of the Katari plane, the reality of by the way, oh was I'm on the Quitari plane that was a flying albatross that for decades a decade. The Kataris tried to sell, they couldn't find a taker until they gave it to Donald Trump. That plane was on the market for almost ten years. It's a fourteen year old plane. Trump announced it as a four hundred million dollar gift, according to sources in the aviation world. At best it was one hundred and fifty million, maybe two hundred million tops, because it was a depreciating asset. And then it needed to be retrofitted with a billion dollars in two years worth of retrofitting. But of course Donald Trump likes to cut corners on every building project he does. See reflecting pool, see ballroom, see arc the Triumph, see Kennedy Center. And so suddenly he cut a year off of the retrofitting, and still the billion dollars. And then you know, there's two new Air Force ones being delivered by Boeing right at the end of his term for the next president. And that's when he gets to say, and I'll be flying away and the one we don't need, No, we don't need this Kuitari one with the billion dollars of taxpayer dollars, I'm gonna fly it away to Miami, you know, like the helicopters leaving Hanoi in Vietnam, or Nixon flying off after his disgraceful resignation to fly away, and he's gonna try to anyway in that Kutari plane. And so that was Jay Clayton's parting gift. Right now, there's a motion to quash pending by the New York Dimes. Shout out to the New York Dimes doing some tremendous reporting lately under fierce. They're taking heavy artillery from the Presidency and from the Department of Justice. Heavy Maggie Abram and Jonathan Swan in the situation room, you know, with recordings or transcripts about Epstein files and everything else. And now this but a judge, judge, a supermanian Biden appointee in the Southern District of New York, has blocked for now those and quashed for now those subpoenas until he can get his mind around with further briefing. And then I want to turn to the Block Blanche movement, which is gaining a tremendous head of steam. You see what can happen though with a close vote nine to eight for j Clayton, but the Block Blanche movement is really important. And who's leading the charge, who's out in front with the pitchforks and the torches. The Epstein survivors. Of course they are. Who has the moral authority encourage more than the Epstein authorities to call for the block of the of voting for Todd Blanche who no one. They're the living embody of the scandal of the of the of the child sex trafficking cover up and the cover up of the cover up by Todd Blanche and his Department of Justice and Donald Trump to protect his client because of his relationships with the leaders of that child who were friends of his, of that child sex trafficking ring and more. Of course it's not gonna be the you know, the other major scandal is JAN six, the JA six fund and the release given to the Trump family. Who's the living embodiment of that the JAN sixers. No, So you've got to have and their willingness. This twenty five or so Epstein survivors out of fourteen hundred, like people like Danny Benski, who I'm gonna have the honor of interviewing. I think this week, I think this week is my Danny Benski interview. I think it might be on Thursday on Legal af YouTube channel. I've had Danny on before.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 1: I was not surprised that they picked Danny Benski to testify against Todd Blanche and then Todd Blanche because he was forced into it or it was choreographed with Tom Tillis was forced to meet with the Epstein survivors and like a schoolboy dragged to the principal's office where a person walking around with a stone in his shoe. He let it be known immediately he didn't want to be there. It was it was degrading and insulting and pecked and patronizing, patronizing to the Epstein survivors. That didn't help. In fact, if you wonder what I'm talking about, rather than me comment on it, let's play a clip of the Epstein survivors talking about their meeting with Todd Blinch.
Speaker 6: It wasn't substantive, It was not productive. It very much felt like we were just taking the box off of the meeting. I didn't expect to walk out of the meeting feeling the way that we feel right now.
Speaker 1: It was.
Speaker 6: Demoralizing, to say the very least.
Speaker 7: His attempt at empathy and compassion. Really came off as patronizing and condescending. It was very clear he was taking the meeting because he wants this premiere.
Speaker 1: Well, I couldn't put it any better than that. And when I have Danny Benski on for our audience, we'll talk to her about that. Todd Blanche filed answers to four hundred and forty one pages of questions by the members of the Senate Judiciary Committee. I got my hands on them. I'm making my way through them now. Two things that popped out already. One, at least he answered the question of who won the twenty twenty election. Of course, he answered it with the patty answer that the MAGA give, which is Joe Biden was certified by Congress and the Electoral College as the person who won. I'm like, oh my god, can't you just say that the winner was Joe Biden. Spare us, Spare us the robotic programming. You know that you've been given. You know, it's like the Manchurian candidate, So makeup. That was one. And secondly, he admits he admits, in a response to a question from Cornan that he is not independent. He will not be an independent from the president attorney general. He thinks that's a bad thing. He thinks he's just a regular cabinet member that's not independent, and that Donald Trump controls well, I'm lead, he said it out loud. I mean, there's other things in there that I think are really really interesting, including his responses to Tom tell Us. I'm not sure he's not all the votes wrapped up. The vote is going to be the end of this month, in about eight or nine days. They'll first fill the seat vacated by Lindsay Graham's death on the Judiciary Committee, and then they're going to vote with that committee twelve twelve to ten. It'll be twelve Republicans, ten Democrats. But Cornyn has said today, as we just put up the headline, I'm not satisfied with the answers. And the answers he's talking about is not just the ones in those little ten minute clips that we've been playing. It's the four hundred and forty one pages. So if I can show you what that looks like. This is part of the four hundred and forty one pages I have organized, and these are all single space questions that he needed to answer. Of course, so there's a lot of I reject the premise of your question. He's able to answer it. He's about as straight as a quarkscrew. Todd Blanche, he answers a few of them straight. For the rest of them, it's a lot of sea above. It's an active investigation. There's a grand jury process. I follow the law. The Department of Justice always follows the law. I'm like, really, because that's not what we've been watching for the last five hundred and forty days plus. So Cornyon still on the fence. Tom Tillis, I don't think that's what he had in mind when he said you better meet with the Epstein survivors or I'm not going to vote for you. Pissing them off and crapping on them and victimizing the victims was not quite I think what Tom Tillis had in mind. And even if they voted for for a Blanche and voted him out of committee, it doesn't mean they couldn't take back their vote under public pressure. That's where we come in, uh and vote against him on the Senate floor. That could happen. It's happened in the past, you know, and everybody that I've spoken to and all of the groups that collaborate with with Legal a f NAACP, A c l U and the Democracy Forward, Senators, Attorneys General, they all say the same thing. Pick up the phone and make a pest of yourself, you know, go to your go to your your Congress offices. There could be home for the summer. Be a pest in the Senate office in your area. Okay, go to the town halls email phone the senators tell them to block the We're going to be doing a little bit of a programming note again along with Not Above the Law, We're going to be hosting the live stream of a major block blanch event Thursday night at eight pm Eastern time. I'll be sort of doing the intro for it. It's going to have Dick Durbin, Senator, Dick Durbin, Representative ro Kanna, Representative, Lamonica mcguver represent we have Norm Eisen is there, Lisa Graves from Court Accountability Action and Legal AF, We've got one of one of the Capitol Police are going to be there. You're not going to want to miss this live stream. We're going to put in the notes a link to it, so you guys and actually if my staff could do it, put a link in the chat to the live stream, and if we can get an asset up before I'm done talking, would be good too to show people when I'm talking about. So that's going to be on Thursday. It's under the live tab right now for legal a f set your reminders. You're not gonna want to miss it. And at the end it's a major motivator and call to action for people to do something to block Todd Blanch from being confirmed. The other person is working hard to get Todd Blanche exposed and blocked is our friend and colleague, Katie Fang. Katie Fang's lawsuit is far from over. In fact, some of the best parts of it may have just begun because yesterday in a what's the legal ternam, I'm looking for piece of shit two page filing by Stan Woodward. Remember him. He's now the number two in the Department of Justice under Todd Blanch. But he used to be Walton Aude's defense lawyer in the mar al Lago case. That was the Butler body man that got also charged with conspiracy, obstruction at espionage. He also are that are a lot of jan sixers. Yeah, he's number two in the Department of Justice now and they parachute him in all the time in order to in order to handle some of these cases where they're losing. So in Katie Fang's lawsuit, they had to file because the judge gave him one more chance to avoid contempt, one more chance to avoid a fine, having already granted her preliminary injunction. Five major categories of documents related to the Epstein files not produced by the government and not adequately explained in their filings. Judge ordered them to translate the foreign language documents in an international child sex trafficking ring. Didn't do it, didn't even mention it in their two pages. That took them seven days to write with typos. Again, I'm not making this up. It's up on legal app substack. So you've got foreign language documents, the handwritten FBI notes for four different interviews a woman who claims that when she was thirteen she was sexually abused by Donald Trump. Yeah, we'd like to see those. That's part of the Epstein files. The redaction log. How about that? Howbout two hundred thousand pages catalog about why you block them out and so we understand it, and so we can challenge it on a log. Nope, don't even mention the failure to do the log. And so all they said of the judge is, oh, Katie Fang's hyperbolic, and we're not. I'm not making this up. This is the extent of it. When they're not attacking the judge outside the courtroom, they do that all the time. Noise Headline Chasing Judge Emmitt Sullivan headline. Has anybody ever heard of Emmitt Sullivan before we started covering him on Legal Headline Chasing. I don't think so. And I had the great pleasure of interviewing Katie Fang, who's away from the country but working her butt off on a bustman's holiday, working, working, work and working, and I interviewed her. It's going to be going up tomorrow at nine p thirty Eastern Time on Legal aff YouTube channel. Here's a clip.
Speaker 6: Judge Sullivan ordered him to do so in the preliminary injunction. And I think that is really important to show that Todd Blanche knows he's up shit creek. He just wants to try to gaslight the court and the world into thinking that they're actually wearing a real white hat of Justice when in reality, what are they hiding?
Speaker 8: Right?
Speaker 1: What are they hiding? That is a very good question. You know, you don't work over time the way that Todd Blanche is working in the Department of Justice. If you don't have something to hide, if you're completely blameless and there's nothing in those files that are of any great concern that we haven't already known, you'd release them. That is how Donald Trump could have gotten the Monkey office back, right, this is the pink elephant in the corner or whatever. But he never could do it because he knows there's things in there, as he's confided according to reporting in other people. He knows there are things in there that are bad for him and bad for others. And that's why they keep playing this ridiculous game of hide and seek. But thankfully Katie Fang and her lawyer Brendan Blue's been on with me as well. This is the last piece of paper, This two pager that they filed took him seven days. I can't wait till Mark Elias, who's about to join us after the break. I can't wait to talk to Mark about this two page filing by page and a half filing by Stan Woodward it's gonna piss off EMMITTT. Sullivan. Judge Sullivan, I'm gonna I could just see him about to bellow, how dare you come into my court room with this this thing that Katie and I joked that if this was handed into us by a junior associate or a mid level associate in our law firms, we might have fired them like this. This is a reply brief to Katie Fang's paper. And any day now tomorrow, early next week, Sullivan, I think is going to lower the boom on Todd. Blanche of course would be around to report on it. And then as we were coming on the air, Alan Dershowitz always finds a way to make himself both the center of the story and take the hump position. He famously was Epstein's lawyer when he wasn't a Harvard law whatever. Epstein's lawyer. According to reporting, like Julie K. Brown, he was busy abusing survivors and victims and trying to and trying to attack them and claim that they were sexual harlots. I just saw him recently say exactly this, So I don't know why people think he's gonna come after me, like CNN He literally said that these were women, girls who knew what they were doing, and I don't know got what they deserved. I mean he almost said it. I mean it's ridiculous. So when Dershowitz and now is not a tremendous maga trumper, he was. You know, he was supposed to appear before the Oversight Committee hearing with James Comer, and he didn't, and it pissed off Comber. In fact, Comber has said he's got a subpoena Dershowitz. Dershowitz came up with some fake, fake story about his lawyers told him he shouldn't appear. Well, now you're going to get a subpoena because now that the Epstein survivors have been all over the Senate and all over the House, you're not going to be able to get away with Oh. I couldn't make it, especially where when he's he's everywhere else, He's everywhere else. There's some talk show nobody's watching in New York on radio. He appeared there. But he can't appear to the House Oversight Committee to do justice for the Epstein survivors. Of course he can't. He's already attacked them as being the as asking for it. Effectively, he's disgusting. Comber's got to get Dershowitz under oath and subpoena as soon as possible. The next segment after, you know, after our quick break, is going to be all about voting, which is where I started tonight's podcast. Voter cases that are out there, the election integrity database error riddled as it is, this olive garden scenario that they're running in red states, like olive garden polices. It's all you can eat past the bar more than Democratic states, Blue states police voting. I'm like, I don't know what the heck if you're talking about, but we'll talk about that. And the revelation today in New Jersey came out with it to their credit that there were a number of people who were registered to vote that shouldn't have been and I was like three thousand or four thousand people out of millions and four hundred or so that voted. But it's been caught, they're going to be prosecuted, they're gonna there. It wasn't outcome determinative, it's it's within you know, point one percent or whatever. But of course now Trump's like, oh, this is why I need the databases. So I want to talk to Mark Elias about all of that as well. And then at the end of the show, I want to talk about Peter Navarro getting suffering a step back today. Couldn't happen to a nicer Maga Jhan sixer than Peter Navarro at the Pellic Court. And I'll give you an update about the Biden tapes and all of that. But so many different ways to support what we do on the Intersection. You're doing it already. You're here, you're here, you're listening, you're watching. Come over if you're a watcher, if you're a legal if you're an intersection YouTuber, come over to the audio podcast. That's wherever you get your audio podcast from. Plug in the Intersection, hit download or subscribe. That's it, and we need more there it is. We need more downloads, Eat more Chicken. We need more downloads for this podcast. The views are outstanding, it's often three to five hundred thousand a week, but audio downloads still drives a lot of traffic, if you will, and it's very very helpful. So that's one Legal af the YouTube channel that I curate. Early voting has started there we're trying to get to two million subscribers by the midterms. We'll do it. We'll do it with your help. Check right now, whether you are a subscriber or not, hit the free subscribe button and that'll help us. Substack Legal af Substack, I do a live report every day. We've got all the filings under filings af I had left Parnisan Today. I have an amazing cast of characters that come up with me and talk at live when I'm not doing my own commentary. But you're gonna like everything about substack and legal a f substack, so come over there and support us as well. And then we've got our pro Intersection pro democracy sponsor's handpicked by Jordy Micellis and me, and well let's take a break for them now. A lot of people hear about GLP one medications and assume they're out of reach because of the costs, so they never even look into treatment or may be more affordable options than people realize. ROW helps eligible patients find the lowest cost path to FDA approve GLP one treatment, whether that's through insurance coverage or lower cost cash pay options. Rowse free insurance checker lets you see which GLP one medications are covered by your insurance and whether a prior authorization may be required. You don't have to be a ROW member to receive your coverage support, and if insurance doesn't cover treatment or you don't have insurance to check. ROW also offers lower cost FDA approved cash pay options, including GLP one pills. Before being prescribed medication, patients must complete an online Medical Visit lab test if needed, and qualify for medication based on their BMI lab results, medical history, and the discretion of a ROW affiliated healthcare provider. One thing I really appreciate is that ROW makes it simple to see what's covered. Pe for making a decision, go to ro dot co slash intersection to see if you qualify. That's ro dot co slash intersection. To get started on ROW, go to Row dot co slash Safety. That's ro dot co slash safety for boxed warnings and full safety information about GLP one medications. One of the very best investments I've ever made for my health has been getting better sleep, and my Lisa Mattress has made a real difference. At the end of a long day, It's the place where I can actually unwind it's supportive without feeling stiff, comfortable without sinking, and I wake up feeling more rusted and ready to tackle the day. Lisa has a lineup a beautifully crafted mattresses tailor to how you sleep, So whether you're a side sleeper, backsleeper, or somewhere in between, there's an option for you. They're meticulously designed and assembled right here in the U S and they back everything with free shipping, easy returns at one hundred and twenty night sleep trial. Go to Lisa dot com for twenty five percent off select mattresses plus get an extra fifty dollars off with promo code truth Exclusive for my listener. So that's l E E SA dot com promo code tr u th for twenty five percent off select mattresses plus an extra fifty dollars off. And when you use our code, you're supporting our show. And we are back. And I checked on legal af YouTube channel. We're already up to one million, one and seventy thousand, adding a number of new people during this particular show, and I thank you for that. Speaking of being thankful, I'm thankful for people like Mark Elias being on Planet Earth talking about his work with his law firm side in fending our right to vote every hour, every day in lawsuits primarily Appellate Court up to the Supreme Court and the rest, and also just an expert commentator and clearing house about what the Republican omega are up to. You know, the announcement about Chinese interference in twenty twenty, which was all a ruse, then led we saw to simultaneous announcements of election integrity employees or volunteers being hired and Mark Waynemullen holding back money unless there's the Save Act has passed and all this other bullshit. And so what we're watching is a sustained artillery heavy fire by Donald Trump, his Department of Justice's Homeland Security is Director of National Intelligence to try to undermine faith in the elections and try to scare the crap out of us and make us try to stay home and not vote. We're not going to let that happen. And people like Mark Elias are leading the charge. Let's bring in Mark. Hello, Hello, Look what I got. I've got my Duke Law alumni bottle.
Speaker 3: There it is, there, it is.
Speaker 1: I don't I don't think I have any I went to this year's reunion.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, I got I got nothing for you.
Speaker 1: I'm glad you know you got a lot for me. Trust me. Our audience has been waiting with baited breath for your arrival. So we were together a couple of weeks ago. Some new new developments I wanted to talk about every.
Speaker 5: Day, every every day, every hour, every day's new new development.
Speaker 1: My my, my people were talking to your people, like what do you think Mark, Mark and Michael are going to talk about? Like, I don't know what time is it. You know, anything is new. The two things that I want to start with are the Election Integrity database and this whole Election Integrity Network thing that was the fevered imagination of people like Cleta Mitchell and other election deniers. Kurt Olsen now embedded deeply within the White House leading it there, Cleita and her people outside along with others. And this is a broad, broad cabal that's out there. And then I read this thing about we'll get to New Jersey in a minute. But I read this thing about the Olive Garden that they're making proguess primarily to Red states. I don't know Blue states go to Olive Garden too. About voter protection. Why don't you pick up with that, and then we'll talk about how you're anticipating they're going to use the New Jersey revelation about some people ended up who are not citizens on the voter rolls and maybe even voted. How they're going to use that against you in your cases.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So this Olive Garden thing, you know, I have to say I didn't see coming. Yeah, I've been to Olive Garden. I've never had to show ID to eat it Olive Garden. But the right wing has sort of seized on the idea that I guess Olive Garden is selling some kind of you know, all you can Eat pass, and you know, when you buy the All you Can Need pass, they want to make sure that you are the one eating off of the All you Can Need pass. I guess so maybe they ask righty. It's very unclear what exactly the origin of this is, but you know what this fundamentally speaks to is Donald Trump and the Republican Party's strategy for twenty twenty six, which is they're not going to inspire voters, they're not going to persuade voters, and they're not really going to turn out their voters. So you know, politics is, as I recently wrote for Democracy Docket, like elections are a game of inches, and their way of gaining inches is not to increase, like I said, Donald Truk's popularity, but rather to decrease the number of Democrats who are able to vote. And so they found a number of clever ways to try to target Democratic voters disproportionately to Republicans. So it targets all voters, but it harms Democratic voters more than Republican voters to disenfrance them. One of them is this this combination of proof of citizenship, which you know, you're Donald Trump talk all the time about with a very strict, unforgiving type of voter ID. And you know, again I wrote about this for Democracy Docket. I did actually a video, a YouTube video about this you can check out. And the point I try to unpack is that when Republicans say, look, photo ID is common, photo ID is is popular, they don't really connect it up with what it is they are proposing. So, you know, Clidamtchal you mentioned, she and her organization put out a model set of laws, and you know, to their credit, they are actually pretty straightforward. They want to prove citizenship every time you vote via photo ID, Well, here is my message to you. Unless you live in one of five states that bord Canada, your state doesn't issue a driver's license that can prove citizenship. Real ID does not prove citizenship. In fact, there's a clip on the Internet of Mark Wayne Mullen saying real ID does not prove citizenship. And that's because real ID just means you're essentially able to travel on airplanes and have been sufficiently vetted. But non citizens can get real ID driver's licenses. So when you hear Republicans say that they want photo ID, what they are saying is they want to make it nearly impossible for people to vote using even a driver's license. And certainly when you then get to married women who changed their last name, though they are armed more, when you talk about who has passports, it disproportionately negatively impacts black voters versus white voters. And all of this that I'm describing is just an effort by Republicans to chop off the margin of Democrats relative to Republicans.
Speaker 3: It has nothing to do with ID, it.
Speaker 5: Has nothing to do with eating unlimited Italian food olive garden.
Speaker 3: It's just straight out voter expression.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, and they I mean, I'm sure they would have loved to use cracker barrel if they could have figured out something that cracker barrel was doing with IDs. But but no, that we have a thing. I mean, I talk about this that I know you do in different ways to our audiences. We have voter protection, so to speak, I mean voter ID protection. It's called under penalty of perjury and prosecutions. And those that want to commit that crime are allowed to commit the crime, and then prosecutors if they're not caught before by many layers of you know, including showing up, you know, and actually voting, and if they still are able to vote, there's plenty of prosecutions that happen after an election. The big thing is that none of this fraud, whether it's four hundred four thousand, even four hundred thousand, is outcome determinative fraud. We're talking about a point oh one or point oh one, depending upon what we're talking about level of fraud. So we already have a sufficient a panacea or or cure for this particular illness. What you what you don't do is you don't build a nuclear bomb because you have a fly in your house. Yeah, and destroy the house.
Speaker 3: Yeah. A couple of things.
Speaker 5: First of all, more often than not, when we talk about, you know, voter ballots being rejected or people being turned away from the polls, we are almost never talking about fraud. Like we are by and large talking about people who are eligible voters, they are entitled to vote, who for one reason or another, are not able to jump through a sufficient number of hoops in order to vote. So, you know, when we talk about someone who, for example, casts a mail in ballot and that ballot is rejected ninety nine point nine nine percent of the time, that is a lawful voter. That is just someone who forgot to sign there atter envelope or mailed it too late for it.
Speaker 3: To be received on time.
Speaker 1: So we need we need to.
Speaker 5: Like disaggregate fraud from the myriad ways that the system can frankly fail voters and Republicans find new ways for the system to fail voters and therefore increase those numbers. The most common voter fraud, and this is going to come as you know, maybe news to everyone, the most common quote unquote fraud are committed by husbands and wives and parents and children, right, which is your absentee ballot comes in, your wife knows who you're going to vote for, and you have been lazy to return it, and so your wife marks the ballot and puts it in an envelope and mails it.
Speaker 3: Okay, that that's.
Speaker 5: Like literally what I have just described as the single most common form of voter fraud. And I don't think this is not to excuse it. It shouldn't happen, but like, it's not exactly a nefarious plan. Or a parent who applies for an absenty ballot for their spouse or for their child, knowing that they want an absentee ballot, they send it an application even though they are not the person who sought the application. Again, I'm not here to say that that is like best practice, but that is the vast majority of what we're talking about. The thing you mentioned in New Jersey was not voter fraud. It was the state screwed up. I mean, as far as we can tell.
Speaker 1: The motor v of the DMV screwed up.
Speaker 5: Yeah, essentially, as far as we can tell, and you know it's still early, but as far as we can tell, a bunch of non citizens showed up for driver's licenses. Totally legal, right, They filled out the box that said I am not a US citizen, totally appropriate, and then the DMV vendor flipped that box without them knowing, without those people knowing, flip them to citizens rather than non citizens. That's not the fault of the person who registered or in this case, the you know, the person's all the driver's license.
Speaker 1: It's not it's not a fraud scheme.
Speaker 5: It is an error by the Department Motor Vehicle's vendor in in that happen.
Speaker 1: By the way, when you need a fiand to support you on that matter. Having lived in New Jersey from most of my life and having sat in the Department of Motor Vehicle, Eatontown, New Jersey, shout out, I'm happy to tell you that about how that could have happened.
Speaker 5: Now I'll tell you something about that eating eaton town, eating town, that Eatontown, New Jersey DMV. It is one of the few ways to turn to get to the other side of the road.
Speaker 1: Mark Elias, how do you know that, right?
Speaker 5: Because because what you need to know about New Jersey if you're not from there, is they have designed all of their roads to make it impossible to cross over jug handles. Go ahead, explain, Chuck.
Speaker 1: No, No, it's no explanation. I just have the name for it. It's called the jug handle.
Speaker 5: Right, which is that you have to go what you go through the intersection and then double back.
Speaker 1: You've been on Highway thirty six in Eatontown.
Speaker 5: I have been almost everywhere in the Garden State. I you know, I grew up in Suffern, New York, which is right on the New York border between New York and New Jersey. In fact, if anyone's familiar with the song Johnny ninety nine, which was written by Bruce Springsteen, he talks about the mala Ford plant being closed, and.
Speaker 3: That was right on the border of Malwa, New Jersey.
Speaker 1: And another good reason we get along, by the way, that's where I got my driver's license at seventeen in Eatontown. Eatontown.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so I have, I have. I've said this. You know, all of my jobs growing up were in New Jersey. And as a lawyer, I know this is going to surprise you, but it's actually not a bad place. Like there's not a there's not a shortage of need for lawyers.
Speaker 1: True, true, I need to see I learned a whole new things about you. Yeah, talk about this. Talk well, catch us up on the voter cases. I think you wont another one since we were last together. And then do we touch on the election integrity database and why it's all riddled with theirs?
Speaker 5: Okay, So the first thing in terms of vot voting cases, so we've had a couple of different categories of victories. The first is the Department of Justice is now in sixteen in their efforts to get their hands on state voter files, they filed thirty lawsuits. They are now over sixteen. So you know, Hope Springs eturnal over there at DJ. But my law firm, we are undefeated obviously in representing voters and groups of voters and protecting their information from being turned over to to the.
Speaker 3: Department of Justice.
Speaker 5: States run elections on the federal government. There is no role for the federal government here. This is a state function and that's what the Constitution says, and it is how we operate as a country. The second category of cases, so I do want to sort of highlight, which is, you know, I've litigated countless numbers of vote by mail cases with Republicans against Republicans. I have fought with them over signature matching. I have fought with them over dated, misdated, undated ballots. I've fought with them over ballot ballot, ballot drop boxes, deadlines for app develis. I mean, if there's something involving Avenue Devellis, I have litigated against Republicans over it. And the Republican Party decided that they were going to try to target laws in nineteen states that allow ballots that are postmarked by election date account even if they come in days afterwards. And they brought a case in Mississippi, not because they cared about Missis. I think they thought that they'd get an easier run in Missippi in Mississippi than in swing states, and that perhaps I wouldn't be paying attention. We did pay it. I did pay attention. We intervened in that case. That case went to the Supreme Court.
Speaker 1: We won.
Speaker 5: That's the Watson case. But what's happened since then, and this is the update that I want to give you, is you know, Republicans had prepositioned two cases that they were that had already been filed and were ready to go when Watson came down. One targeted California, one targeted Illinois. Both of them were aimed at shutting off ballot ballots postmark by election from counting in those two states, and as a result of the victory in Watson, both of those cases in the last week have now been dismissed. So Donald Trump may have his gripe about California, he may spread lives about California vote counting, but he has no legal claim to challenge it, and in fact, the effort that they had in place has now been dismissed. The other one I want to mention real quickly is we actually proactively sued Kansas because Kansas had a three day grace period and did away with it and said no ballots postmark by election day will not count, even if they come in a day or two afterwards. And we sued in Kansas, and we won in Kansas. Kansas state judge has now reinstated that three day grace period, and so that's like a real big win, you know.
Speaker 1: And on that one mark, what was the what was the legal basis for your successful argument?
Speaker 3: So state constitutional claims.
Speaker 5: You know, when people don't realize this is virtually every state in the country has a right to vote clause. And I expect that there may be some other states that will see similar claims to this in the in the near future. But it's a but it's a good example of like good news that's taking place a little bit under the surface. You know that that the legacy media doesn't pay as much attention to, but which you know, in close elections, and there will be close elections in all the states I just mentioned, this can matter.
Speaker 1: I'd ask you if you put an your litigation bag handle for all the wins, but you wouldn't have a handle. I mean, you're just just racking them up, and they they do fly below the radar. Although people that if you haven't already subscribed to Democracy Docket with Mark Elias's team, you need to. It's it is the fundamental source that that commentators like me use to be updated in real time about what's happening out there in the election cases and even cases that aren't cases yet. Just you know, bad conduct and actions are piecing together. You know, Donald Trump does things intentionally in different fragmented pieces hoping that we don't put the giant puzzle together. And you do a great job with your team of putting that giant puzzle together.
Speaker 5: So I was going to text you off air about this, but I'll just ask you on air because you are you are the master guru of all things YouTube and social media. I mean, you have the largest legal podcast YouTube channeling.
Speaker 1: Oh thanks, Mark, gotta go.
Speaker 5: So we just launched Democracy Dogget. We launched a reddit, and I was looking to see do you have a reddit?
Speaker 1: Like.
Speaker 5: We decided to do this because like, there are not a lot of good platforms for communities. So Democracy not Get launched a Democracy not Get subreddit, and I.
Speaker 3: Was wondering if this is something you have already conquered.
Speaker 1: I think that we talked about it back in the day Midas and Legal af about a reddit, and it just never sort of became the place for us. I'm not saying that it's not I don't know much about that particular platform.
Speaker 5: You and I are not of the Reddit era.
Speaker 1: No, and I went on it. You know, we used to get critiqued a lot on Reddit, and then we used to piss me off. Like Pope Box said this, I'd be like, oh shit, what is that community all about? But we were you know, we were early adopters of like Twitter, and then we hated Twitter for obvious reasons after it became x and then we sort of to be frank just to lift the curtain here a little bit. YouTube, yes, yeah, and then we were We're fortunate that we were early adopters of substack minas first, and then legal af and we are you on Are you guys on substacks?
Speaker 5: Are not on substack? People are going to find those interesting. So the first is like YouTube. Obviously, I always say there are only two platforms that you're never going to outgrow Facebook and YouTube, right, Like, what is it like four billion people are on Facebook every month. I'm not, by the way, not one of them. I don't have a Facebook account. If you see a Facebook account for me, you can ignore it. But YouTube, right, like, you're never going to outgrow YouTube.
Speaker 9: But the the the the whole thing with substack is we had already built by the time people were really focused on subtack, we had already.
Speaker 3: Built our own tech stack.
Speaker 5: And you know, we're really committed to it because not that I don't trust the good people at substack, but you know, I have been sold the oh, this will be a perfect open web platform. Have no fear because like you. I was on Twitter and spent a lot of time tweeting back in the day. You know when before you when you start to put r T when you're right remember like you know.
Speaker 3: And so we we.
Speaker 5: Are not on substack because we just want to control our own tech stack.
Speaker 1: And yeah, and you and you have an amazing people need to go on democracy doc and maybe offline you and I can talk about having some sort of substack presence as well. I do a substack live once a day get a couple of thousand.
Speaker 3: I don't understand why.
Speaker 5: That is because you get so many more views on the audience is like Mark, It's like market This is guys.
Speaker 3: You want to know what we talk about off off time?
Speaker 5: Like your YouTube channel is so large, Like what are you incrementally really adding with a substack live? What a few thousand? It's not that the million rel to the millions you have on YouTube.
Speaker 1: There's a there's an immediacy, a real time response that I can do on substack that even if I get a video up in thirty minutes after an event and it's a million other people covering it, so I have a connection with an audience. We're building a community like an overlapping community, but some of it's unique to substack. You know, we got one hundred and fifty thousand subscribers on substack. We're not we're like top thirty of US news already. We put a lot of the content not everybody's on YouTube, so we put a lot of the content from YouTube up on substack. But we do we do do unique things. For instance, here I can't do this on YouTube. Everything you you that I cover that you do. All the filings and the orders we post on substack for people to read. So it's that. And then I do a live as sort of extra content. And also I can do like, hey, breaking new literally breaking news just happened ten minutes ago, or I need to update a video that I just did because it got stale because of some other crazy crap that Trump or Blanche did. So there is it is another community building.
Speaker 5: Actually, this is why you guys are so much smarter than I am, because you know the guy, the person who like totally agrees with you is Brian Tyler Cohane, who I know is a friend of the mida's network as well and someone I do I do a lot of content with, and he was like just lecturing me about this yesterday.
Speaker 3: He's like Mark.
Speaker 5: Some people want to be on Spotify, so they're on Spotify. Some people want to be on YouTube. They're on YouTube. Some people want to be on substack Live. They're on substack Live. Different viewers, different or you know, consumers. When I say people, I don't mean I don't mean the creators like you and me. I mean the like some people want to consume through one platform or another, and you just need to let them consume it where it is, rather than lecturing them about which platform.
Speaker 1: Right. It's like it's like candy bars. They come in all different sizes, from small to meetiums, the large, and just to show you where you're exactly right. Ben and I used to tibbots about uh the I just lost my train of thought about where where we existed and who was watching? Oh when we started the podcast and Mia did too as an audio only Oh in fact, six years ago, there's there's a joke on really. Oh yeah. I used to get dressed up because we used to record it on zoom. I used to get dressed up and Ben would show up like in a T shirt. And after about three or four episodes, I said to how can you go get dressed up for this? He goes, it's we're not doing video. What do you mean? He goes, what do you mean? Why are we doing video? He goes, we're not. And then Minus did video and then Legal Aft did video. So when I said to him, and at the time, I think it's sort of changed now. But five years ago there were people who only got our audio download, had no idea what we looked like, and didn't know we were on YouTube.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: Now I think that's sort of changing people.
Speaker 5: That's ironic because I didn't know you were on audio only. I've only watch I only watched you on video.
Speaker 1: We were started out as audio only. And then I convinced Bend when he when the brothers went video went YouTube, I said, why are we on YouTube? We should be on YouTube, And that's how that happened.
Speaker 3: So I so all that.
Speaker 1: So I hope people like this inside baseball stuff. I do.
Speaker 3: It's a great story.
Speaker 1: What's the next? Give us end it this way? I know you're being generous with your time. You got to go like now, just ended this way? But what should our what should our audience be? What should they be watching? What is the what is a couple of things they need to be on the lookout for through your organization mind.
Speaker 5: Yeah, so number one, the Republicans are going to try to exploit the what happened in New Jersey with this vendor to try to justify all kinds of crazy stuff. So like, don't don't buy into the lies, Like understand the facts. You can get them for Michael, you can get them for me. Hopefully he and I will continue to have uh these uh uh these joint appearances where we can kind of explain it together, but be skeptical when you when you hear those things. The second thing is Donald Trump's only going to get more desperate. And so the speech that you just gave was a failure. It was a failure to try to ignite energy behind the idea that there had been foreign interference. But Donald Trump doesn't go away, right, It's not like he tries it once and then he leaves. He will simply escalate. He'll escalate the lies, he'll escalate the tactics. So be able to look out for that. And then, finally, despite the wins we just had that I described about voting by mail, voting by mail is still under attack, in particular, the assault on the use of the postal Service by the Trump administration remains very much a hot topic of litigation. It's a lot going on there, and maybe Michael, we will cover that next time.
Speaker 1: Oh absolutely, I think the postal Service is a great win for us to cover Mark Elias Democracy docket. If if this is the first you've heard of it, go on now and subscribe and can help mark the content there and the and the reliability of the content is unmatched, really unparallel. And then you'll catch Mark here. You'll catch Mark on with Brian don Cohen.
Speaker 5: And at some point, at some point, I'm going to announce this and Michael is going to be like, no, we're not. At some point, maybe Michael and I will do a joint in person in Durham, North Carolina.
Speaker 1: Oh that I love. I love that. I definitely in person anywhere, but definitely a Durham urreactly a Durham, North Carolina, our old, our old stopping.
Speaker 3: You'll figure you'll figure the venue.
Speaker 1: That's easy is uh, is Bullock's Barbecue still around? I don't know. I'm gonna find out. We're gonna find out. And UH separately has a law firm, Elias Lock Group, Elias Lock Group. They have a website to follow them there. Mark Olias, thank you for being so generous with your time with our audience and I can't wait to see you again in the next next week or so.
Speaker 3: Same here.
Speaker 1: Thank you, Mark Elias. You know this is because of you, our audience vibrating on that same frequency. We're able to have the street cred to get people who want to come on the show, want to talk to our audience. There's no arm twisting going on. You know. I have another programming note. I've got the General the new General Counsel for the nuble A CP, will be joining me on Friday for an interview. We just had the nuble A CP, who's going to be a more regular contributor and collaborator with us on the Legal af YouTube channel, joining the American Civil Liberties Union as well. Senator Warnock, you know I don't make these things happen. You The audience makes things, makes makes these things happen. If it was just like you know, old curmudgeon Popac phoning up a senator or a governor, or a congress person or a judge, they'd be like, who what when I say legal AF, I'm your ambassador, and that helps us land at. Governor Shapiro from Pennsylvania is going to be joining me in the next week or so. Just just a tremendous amount of fantastic programming, all not only for you, but as a result of you, because of you, and so while you're here, a number of ways to support what we do. We've got the from those who just heard about the substack. You heard Mark Elias joined us on Legal AFF substack. Hit the button, help us continue to let's get us into the top ten of all US news and politics substacks. And I promise you we won't let you down on the content side, and never will Legal AF. The YouTube channel literally while we were on the air, we crossed over to one million, one and seventy thousand subscribers, adding twenty thousand subscribers in the last two weeks. And again that's all because of your fervent support and generosity of what you do. And we'll pull our weight, you know well, with our contributors. And then one and one last kind of plug here. I think people know that I formed a law firm sort of dedicated to the intersection. Might have touched in legal af communities. It's called what else the pop Pok Firm. There's a QR code. Hit the QR code. It's a brand new website. Same tireless fighters for you. Any kind of injury, negligence, medical malpractice, car accidents, truck accidents, God forbid, the death of somebody in your life or your family, you're going to want to call the Poppak Firm. And there's your opportunity to do it at www. The Pope Pockfirm dot com. So let me round out with just a couple of things to update here as we came on the air. Remember Peter Navarro, one of the architects of the Green Bay Sweep also known as the attempt to Steal the election in twenty twenty, along with Ken Chessburrow and John Eastman. Yeah, Peter Navarro, who went to jail for four months, came out, wrote a book and is now I think some sort of trade representative or trade in policy or tariff policy representative for Donald Trump. So he got convicted for not testifying to Congress and refusing to produce documents related to the jan sixth committee. Okay, then he went to jail. Yeah, and so he decided he was going to write I think he got a partner ready, but no, no, he wants to He wanted to prove in a court of law that does conviction was unjust. So he filed an appeal. Yeah, but we just got a thirty seven page ruling from judge's Millet Child's and there's one more. If I find my note, i'll tell you who it is. It's coming Millet Child's in Pollard, all Democratic judge president appointees, and they've rejected Peter Navarro's his appeal. This is what they said, and they kind of sum it up in the first page or two. In twenty twenty one, Peter Navarro, a former aid to then President Trump, published a book about his stint in politics. In that book and in promotional interviews, he took credit for devising a plan to leverage the Vice president's authority that would be Mike Pence under the Electoral count Act of eighteen eighty seven to delay the certification. He called it the Green Bay Sweep. Doctor Navarro's public statements caught the attention of the Jen Six Committee. The Select Committee sent a subpoena Davarro that saw documents related to his book and public statements that ordered him and ordered him to appear for a deposition. He claimed executive privilege even though he wasn't in the White House, and refused to turn over the documents. After the deadline for compliance passed, the House voted to hold him in contempt, and a federal grand jury indicted him on two counts. Doctor Navarro moves to dismissed the indictment on the ground that President Trump had invoked executive privilege. The problem with that is he had no proof of that. I remember the judge at the time, Judge Mayta, I believe it was said, Okay, I get it. You say there was executive privilege that was invoked by President Trump. Where's the affidavit of President Trump. Where's the testimonial, Where's any scrap of paper anything that tells me that that actually happened. Hearing, nothing that didn't come in, and that got dismissed by the judge. After an evidentiary hearing, the appellate court concludes. The district court concluded that no such invocation of privilege had occurred and declined to dismiss the indictment. The district court also granted the government's motion inlimonae to preclude doctor Navarro from arguing to the jury that he mistakenly believed he was not required to respond to the committee's subpoena. A jury found him guilty on both counts. Navarro appealed, we affirm. I mean, there's thirty six pages of other analysis. But that sort of just tells you that judges wearing black robes, when presented with evidence or lack of evidence and facts, will do the right thing under our rule of law and to protect our democracy. And that's a good thing. It's going to piss off Donald Trump and he'll have some you know, there'll be some rapid response forty seven. I'm sure it's already gone out about how wonderful Peter Navarro is and how corrupt the appellate Court is. But we all know what that really means is that he's lost, just like he loses over and over again to the Mark Eliasis of the world. That should give you confidence, you know that we're just we're not blowing smoking or sunshine here. We're not being pollyannish, but we're not blowing smoke or sunshine either. I have real confidence in people like Mark and dozens of other marks from norm Iisen to Democracy Forward to the Attorney's General Democratic I just interviewed Rob Bonta about him getting a emergency temporary restraining order to stop the merger, forget the merger, to stop the acquisition of CNN and all those assets at order by paramount the billionaire boys club friends of Donald Trump. That's because twelve Democratic Attorney's General joined forces and filed that lawsuit and won, just like they won to stop the acquisition of hundreds of local television stations, just like they won against Live Nation related to price gouging and sporting and live events. Who do you think is doing that? I mean, that's a rhetorical question. I know, I know who know who's doing it. These are the groups that have their hands firmly on the controls, know what they're doing, and are filing the suits that are being successful. I mean, I said. A couple of weeks ago, the American Civil Liberties Union, which I'm honored to have with us on as collaborators on legal af I interviewed their political director. She said they have twenty five tabletop exercises of doomsday scenarios evolving Donald Trump and voting, and they are ready with drafts of papers ready to be filed on any of those scenarios. And I assure you they are more creative about how diabolical Donald Trump is that even Donald Trump, because at bottom, he's not that smart, and neither are the people that are left in the government. And so the brain drain. You know, where all those top level Department of Justice people are in private practice or working for the state attorneys general, or are working as state prosecutors, they're still around defending democracy. And speaking of defending democracy, you're not gonna want to miss this Thursday. It's the first time we've ever done it with a group called Not Above the Law. We're doing there. It is Block Blanche live stream Special Senator Dick Durbin, Representative Lamonica mcgiver of New Jersey, Representative Rocanna CALLI, oh, look, I got my picture there, Michael Pope Buck. We just put that up. That's pretty good. That is right now under live tab for Legal AF YouTube Legal aff YouTube live tab Thursday, eight pm Eastern Time, one hour. You're gonna get lots of information that you need to block Todd Blanche. It's gonna be like a it's gonna be like a toolbox that they're gonna effectively give you about how to do it, and they need your help to do it. That's why I wanted to live stream it. So join us there. I'll open the show, open the live stream, and then we'll go right into a heavy work you know, eat dinner before or lunch whatever, heavy working session about how to block Todd Blanche's vote, which is coming up probably the week of August the third. And then lastly, as we end our night tonight, as the time has come. Uh yeah, we got a ruling out of the out of a three judge panel. Actually, you know, just I guess to prove our point that judges are independent and judges do the right thing when they have the facts in law in front of them. Judge Shrevenasen, who is the chief Judge of the DC Appellate Court and as an appointee of one of the Democratic presidents, he just ruled against Joe Biden along with a couple of other people on his panel, one a Trumper Katsis and are releasing the Biden tapes subject to a final appeal at the United States Supreme Court. Seventy hours of musings with Joe Biden trying to prepare for a biography, talking to is not his ghostwriter, but his writer, Mark K. Schwanitzer, and those tapes ended up being turned over by subpoena or voluntarily by Joe Biden to Robert Hurr, the special counsel investigating with her he had leaked classified information after his vice president and Judge Shriven Austin, writing for the Majority, said, it's a great public interest that people know about it. And what are we going to see? We're gonna hear a guy who recently lost his son, who has memory problems, you know, talking privately and candidly in a house to his ghostwriter, his writer about a book that he wanted to write.
Speaker 8: I mean, if you don't already have an opinion about Joe Biden, who's been in public life for fifty years, was a president for four, a vice president for eight, a senator for twenty.
Speaker 1: You watched him age in place in the White House, if you saw what happened at the debate, you saw what happened on the campaign trial. If you don't already have an opinion about him, this is not going This is not going to form one and it's not going to change it if you have an opinion about him already. I already have a well formed opinion about Joe Biden, which I'll keep to myself for right now. But and I mean the entirety of his body of work, not just the last you know, year or two, or what he did to the Democratic Party in the final year. And so you know, this is just about the Heritage Foundation trying to execute on Donald Trump's plan to embarrass the Democratic Party, to undermine its idols, to go after the Barack Obamas and the Joe Biden's and the Hillary Clintons, and to try to make our party and try to make the party sorry, weak and ineffectual, and make people run away from it because they're running away from the Republican Party in mega. And so this is their plan, and this is what they are doing with our taxpayer dollars in time. Anyway, I'm sure Joe Biden has announced that he's going to be taking a feel up to the United States Supreme Court, and we'll see whether, you know, whether they're going to allow it. It was a two to one decision. The dissent reminded everybody that he wasn't indicted who wasn't indicted. This is information that was obtained but not it was referenced in the report but not released by the Special Council. Certainly would never have been released at Kamala Harris become president, ran the Department of Justice, and that's where we are at. But I try to report on everything at the intersection, and a lot of people think I was avoiding that. You know, sure, Hunter Biden won a couple of million dollars off of the overstock dot com guy for defamation. That's good to I appreciate that too, But thanks for being here. Here here's the programming list for POPAC that you can follow tomorrow morning, nine thirty am Eastern time. Up on Legal Aff YouTube channel. My interview with Katie Fay Up right now on Legal aff YouTube. My interview with Rob Banta, the Attorney General of California, and my interview with Brendan Blou who is the the lawyer for Katie Fang and has filed other cases against Donald Trump, including one alleging bribery at the highest levels concerning the corporate merger of Warner in paramount. I've got an interview with the head of Immigration Rights at the American Civil Liberties Union. Tomorrow I interview Senator Warnock, Reverend Senator Warnock of Georgia about all things Supreme Court and voting. You're not going to want to miss that as well. I've got Danny Benski, as I said, joining me on Thursday, just a action packed group. Along with that Thursday night Block Blanche Block the vote for Todd Blant stream that's going to be up on we're hosting on legal AF YouTube channel. So thanks for being here. I appreciate the generosity of your time and spirit. Until my next report, you know that's coming up in about an hour. I'm my co Popebok. Shout out to the Midas Mighty, the Legal A efforts and the intersectionists. Can't get your Legal AF mean either. That's why we formed the legal AF substack. Every time we mentioned something in a hot take, whether it's a court filing or a oral argument, come over to the substack. You'll find the court filing and the oral argument there, including a daily roundup that I do call wait for it, mourning a f what else. All the other contributors from legal AF are there as well. We got some new reporting, we got interviews, we got a free versions of the podcast and hot takes where legal A f on Substack. Come over now to free subscribe