Speaker 1: Hey everyone, I'm Nicole, and your listen.
Speaker 2: You screwed it up. You're supposed you're supposed to let me introduce myself to So I'm bad. I'm Nicol and this is Wicked and Graham.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 2: I'm conci.
Speaker 3: Your audience. I just wishing that.
Speaker 1: Int Okay, our intro is just getting better and better.
Speaker 3: No man crying?
Speaker 1: Okay, well, I just like almost like, what are we doing?
Speaker 2: You are crying. There's actual tears coming out of your things.
Speaker 1: Oh I needed that. I needed a laugh. Oh my gosh. Okay, welcome, Welcome to Wicked and Crib. Bring a drink, gob your drinks.
Speaker 2: Yeah, our podcast, this is our podcast. We're kind of a shit show, but we love it that well.
Speaker 1: I normally don't drink while I'm presenting, but like I'm fucking doing it today because I need this.
Speaker 2: It's been a week and a time.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So if I need to like pause for a minute to take a drink, I think we're gonna just be okay with that.
Speaker 2: That's totally cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, We're gonna just do it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Because we've been while trying to sell our house, and I mean by trying, we've had accepted offers but there's long story short, there's just a lot of stupid things going on with it, and we'll leave it at that. So it's been a stressful.
Speaker 1: It's been a very stressful week. Yes, But it's almost sure and the lot for the tiny home is almost ready.
Speaker 2: Yes, So it's hopefully getting parked on its leveled out spot this weekend and then we can.
Speaker 1: Start moving in, decide what we want to keep and stuff we can.
Speaker 2: Decide we want to keep first, we got to. We'll be moving in once the offer on our current house actually is solidified, because there's still like some subjects to remove. It's basically done, but as soon as it's done on paper is when we can start moving.
Speaker 1: Yeah. All I can think about right now is I'm like, next week we should try to have a normal intro.
Speaker 2: Maybe that's literally.
Speaker 1: All that's going. We can promise anything, I know, we literally can't, like right, and we just we just can't. We just get well, Okay, we have been promising one thing very well, and that is we show up every Tuesday.
Speaker 2: That's true. That's true. We've kept to that since February.
Speaker 1: I don't even know.
Speaker 2: I think I think it was like the last week of February was our first episode and we haven't missed Tuesday yet. Yeah, despite work schedules, being sick, selling a house, buying a tiny home, vacations. Yeah, we've stuck through it all and.
Speaker 1: Here we are so and it's paying off.
Speaker 2: And the best part about it is that you guys are still here listening to us through it all and our whole shit shows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we absolutely, like, just so appreciate you so much.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you have no idea the messages we get to your website, email, Instagram, Facebook, It's incredible. You guys make this so worth it.
Speaker 1: Oh gosh. Yeah, because if it wasn't for that, really, like we probably wouldn't be doing this.
Speaker 2: Why would we be doing this? And I just want to point out one thing, okay, because we've had a lot of people recently who do message us and when we reply, they like, oh my god, you're replying. Yeah, well of course we're replying, Like I do know, we miss it some sometimes, I'm sure something.
Speaker 1: It's pretty rare. I feel like that we miss a message or comment.
Speaker 2: But I mean, like, of course we're going to reply to you guys. We're not famous. We're just a couple with a podcast at this point.
Speaker 1: Really, that literally just uses an excuse to have a beverage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, on a Monday night, we're not in a studio. We're in our spare bedroom right now, in our house, where you're not anyone special with a network or anything, not.
Speaker 1: Yet, not yet. Hey, but I think I'm pretty special.
Speaker 2: Well, you're pretty special.
Speaker 1: Like in a good way. Pretty special.
Speaker 2: You're pretty special, pretty special.
Speaker 1: Everyone's pretty special, definitely in their own way.
Speaker 2: But I'm just saying we're just we're just like you, guys. Just the only difference is we're researching these cases and talking about it to you.
Speaker 4: That's it.
Speaker 2: That's the only difference. We're just like you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think honestly, will I will like always try to respond. I mean sometimes it's like harder than other weeks or whatever, but like I think it's important respond. Like that's sweet. Definitely we love hearing from you guys to the yes, Yeah, we're ready, I'm ready, We're ready, I'm ready, And we gave I gave zero hints for this case. That's how I decided to win this week by just not giving you a hint. So this is the story of Colleen Ritzer, and I think it's like a pretty well known story. I feel like we've done some that aren't as well known, but I think this is pretty well known. So Colleen is a teacher at Danvers High School. She's a math teacher. To be exact. It had always been Colleen's dream to be a teacher, and she excelled at math, so that is how she decided that she would teach that subject. Being just twenty four and a new teacher, Colleen lived at home in Andover, Massachusetts, Massachusetts, Massachusetts, with her parents, Peg and Tom, which was about half an hour away from where she worked in Danvers. She was the oldest child. She had a brother who was away at college, and a sister who was a senior in high school. And I don't think she was a senior in the same high school that Colleen worked, but I couldn't necessarily find that out. I think she probably was a senior at Andover High School. Okay, and Colleen worked at Divers Okay, okay, fair enough. And she was a family gal. She loved her family. They sounded like they were like a close family.
Speaker 2: Awesome.
Speaker 1: I love that, Yeah, like I just love that. Love your family, Yes, well, if they're I mean, some people are crazy, but they're not crazy. You love your family, love them anyway.
Speaker 2: I mean, love those who would love you.
Speaker 1: How's that that's true? Yeah, that's true?
Speaker 2: And fun fact, I think I might have told you this before, but you know that saying blood is thicker than water?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Do you know the full saying is actually the blood of the coven is thicker than the water of the womb.
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I've heard that too.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the relationships you bond with those in your coven, your friends, even your family, those who you are close with and you bond these relationships with through trials, tribunes and through your life are greater than those that you're just born into. So just because you're born into this family doesn't mean you have to be close, be close with the ones who appreciate you and love you and are in your your coven. That's what I'm saying.
Speaker 1: Maybe she's born with it. Yeah, it's all that went through my mind when you're saying that, Which is.
Speaker 2: What's Maybe it's Maybeline?
Speaker 1: Is it Maybeline?
Speaker 2: I think it's Maybeling.
Speaker 1: But yeah, I always say like your friends are your chosen family, right, because I say that often.
Speaker 2: So there's nothing against family, but I'm just saying you don't have any obligation, is my only point.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, if they are assholes to you, then yeah, you know that's that. I think that's what we're saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So anyway, Colleen liked her family and they were close.
Speaker 2: Though, so they weren't assholes.
Speaker 1: So that was quite a dangent there, That's funny. At the time of Colleen's story, it was the Fall of twenty thirteen, and she loved Fall and she loved Halloween.
Speaker 2: Yes, she's my kind of girl.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so if you already didn't think she was sweet, now you don't.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she's cool now, definitely super cool. Halloween is the best euro upsess.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like we already have Halloween shit in our stories on Instagram or on our feed.
Speaker 2: Yeah we do. It's just gonna get worse did weeks ago.
Speaker 1: It's just gonna get worse.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: So it was calling second year teaching at I'm gonna call it DHS Danvers High School. DHS was grade nine to twelve and had about one thousand students. She was afe teacher and she tried to make herself relatable and connect with her students. So this is super cool. She had a Twitter account where she would engage with her students with like jokes, tips, reminders kind of thing.
Speaker 2: That's cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah it's still out there. So I was like kind of scrolling, but I'm like that's super cool, Like good for her.
Speaker 2: That's definitely a way to engage in. Like I don't want to say get down on their level, because I'm not saying like get down like they're a low level, but like, you know, be with them it they're in their atmosphere.
Speaker 1: Totally, because yeah, she would or she would have like or you're what were some of her posts like your test marks are up? Or like little homework assignment things like it was just and then like little like memes of like math stuff.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: See that's a great way to communicate with your kids.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's awesome. So I'm like, you're sweet.
Speaker 2: I wanted to I want a teacher who'd I want to go back to high school just so I can have a teacher who'd post memes. I know social media.
Speaker 1: Well, I think like not that all teachers don't, but like some I think definitely care more about like their students success. And I think that she really she was one of those that, like, you know, really went above and beyond.
Speaker 2: That's awesome. That's that's a teacher you want.
Speaker 1: I know she's she was, She's terrific. So she normally arrived at school early. This particular morning, the morning of October twenty second, she would arrive just before seven am. But it wasn't like any other day for many reasons. But to start off with, it was dressed like your friend day. Oh nice, which is like super cool.
Speaker 2: That's a good warm up to Halloween coming up too, because it's twenty seconds. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Like my favorite day of those themes or whatever was Pajama Day. I was obsessed with pajamitay Jammy day was pretty dope jamm Day or wacky hair Day.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can do a lot. My favorite, though, I gotta say, Pirate Day was pretty sick.
Speaker 1: Did we have those kind of as in high school or was that more elementary?
Speaker 2: It was more elementary, though we did have someone in high school.
Speaker 1: Did we? I can hardly remember.
Speaker 2: I remember Pirate Day specifically because there was one kid who showed up dressed like a ninja on Pirate Day and I thought it was hilarious.
Speaker 1: That's why you remember it. Yes, Oh that's so awesome.
Speaker 2: I mean, who shows up dressed like a pirate when it's like an Asa, when it's Pirate day, it's a black.
Speaker 1: Person did, and they probably thought they were sweet. Probably you were like I thought of that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's funny.
Speaker 1: So carrying her black tope bag and lunch bag, Colleen wore a purple shirt and black pants to match her friend and fellow math teacher, Sarah Colle, went about her day with nothing seeming to be outside of the ordinary. After formal classes were done, the school had a period called Bubble Period between one fifty five and two to thirty. And this is like super cool. It's appeared in which students could study or see teachers for extra help. Teachers made themselves available between this time.
Speaker 2: Nice.
Speaker 1: I'm like, that's sick.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's genius. Yeah, that's a good way to actually get that extra help you might need because rather than a lot of times you're back and forth between classes or trying to get there after school and still trying to catch the bus or a four class and it's just hectic. So having that open time designated to that glorious Well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you were like a kid that had to take the bus. I never had to take the bus, so it's like if you have to catch your bus, like there's absolutely no way you can step behind to talk to a teacher exactly. Huh. So that it's like amazing. I think that's perfect. Sorry, I still have a little bit of a cough.
Speaker 2: Maybe you should take a drink of your booze, my booth of your booze.
Speaker 1: I don't know if that makes me cough more or less?
Speaker 2: Maybe more maybe less.
Speaker 1: It's a peach rosemary. What would this be called?
Speaker 2: Uh spread seltzer.
Speaker 1: There you go, super very delicious.
Speaker 2: It sounds disgusting, Okay.
Speaker 1: The first time I actually take a sip, I was like, this is disgusting. Yes, but I I just ever since that first sip, I've loved it.
Speaker 2: Now after that first yeah, yeah, I crave it. Shout out to our local brewery, Trench because they brew it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it's it's honestly amazing. I don't know if I've ever had another, like a better can.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that combination though, it just doesn't sound right to me. Peach and rosemary. That's like saying you're gonna have a nice peach pie with turkey dinner. And it's like those combinations don't generally work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, they don't, but it's it's it's phenomenal. Yeah, tenada ten, ten out of.
Speaker 2: Ten, not like eleven out of ten or ten and a half.
Speaker 1: Yeah, when when did ten outa ten not become good enough? Let's just talk about that.
Speaker 2: You know, you have a point because.
Speaker 1: Yeah, nowadays it's like tenada ten isn't good enough. It's got to be like twenty out of ten. Ten out of ten is one hundred percent. It's a perfect score, one hundred percent.
Speaker 2: No, you got to go one hundred and ten percent.
Speaker 1: Oh my goness anything going on? Because that's like, no, everyone doesn't get a ribbon here.
Speaker 2: But I want a ribbon? Can I have a rub?
Speaker 1: That might be an unpopular opinion? I don't know. Sorry, I apologize, No, I agree, Okay, moving on, So now it comes to introducing introducing Philip Chisholm. So, Philip is a fourteen year old. He was a freshman at d h S.
Speaker 2: Can I interrupt for a second? Yeah, are you really going to escape by the fact that his name is Philip Chisholm?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Why what's so funny?
Speaker 2: It sounds like Philip chism Philip.
Speaker 1: Oh, gosh, yeah, if you're a fourteen year old boy, I'm thirty three, thank you. No, I didn't catch that, Ben, I was the first thing that popped in my head. I was like, there was actually something else in here that was like kind of like fourteen year old boyish. And I took out because I was like, Ben, just gonna comment about that.
Speaker 2: Sorry, it's okay.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was a store. It was called like it was called BJ's or something DJ's something like, yeah, it came out anyway though, whatever, in case you're wondering, Okay, continue, okay, Okay, So where the frig was I? Okay? So he was fourteen. He was a freshman, and he had recently moved from Tennessee. He moved to Danvers with his mom, who and his parents had recently separated. Kind of like, I don't think it was the best separation of all times.
Speaker 2: Well, no separation is really good?
Speaker 1: Probably not. No. Well, I mean I've heard of some that aren't too bad, I don't think, and there's some that are particular bad, and I think this one was probably more on their particular bad side. So, but he was seeming to fit in all right. He made a couple friends and excelled on the freshman soccer team. Okay, right on, so Pamela Foss I think it's her last name. Another teacher at DHS described Philip as a quiet, but cordial student. Is that how you say that? Cordial?
Speaker 2: I don't know. I don't know what you're reading.
Speaker 1: Sure, I don't know an average student cordial?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think that's like polite.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I can't quite right this average student.
Speaker 2: I can't say that. I know what words you aren't trying to say. Now, I can't say it because I'm like thinking about it, you know, when that happens.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do that all the time.
Speaker 2: Because I can remember cordially cordial court.
Speaker 1: Is there ever gonna be an episode where we're all sounding out words?
Speaker 2: Probably not?
Speaker 1: Okay, So recently asking to move Philip recently asked to move from the regular history class into the honors history class because he wanted more of a challenge. But he was also just an average student who missed some homework assignments. So I think, like, I don't know, maybe he.
Speaker 2: Just liked history, you know, Yeah, maybe, but.
Speaker 1: I put that in there. But I also didn't want it to make him sound like a superstar, because wow, he's not so. That particular day, Otober twenty second, there was a quiz in Pamela's history class, and Philip did very well on the quiz. She noticed nothing unusual about his appearance or his behavior in class. Philip's last class of the day before the bubble period was Colleen's math class. Philip arrived to math class lightly after one, wearing a red sweatshirt, a black and yellow backpack on his back, and carrying a red draw string backpack. I just had a thong when I said that, which is really weird. When the bubble period started at one with my brain is just all over the place today. Philip and another student named Autumn stayed behind in Calling's class, like to get help or whatever. Colling wasn't after math help, however, but she rather just really liked Colleen as a teacher. She was like her favorite teacher okay, and wanted to just stay behind and visit with her.
Speaker 2: Gotcha some chill time.
Speaker 1: That's really cool. So Colling like, yeah, that she's liked. Audamn drew on the board as Philip and Colleen spoke. She said they spoke of Philip being from Tennessee and how he really missed it there. Autumn said, Colleen was super nice about it, but Philip was coming across kind of annoyed with Colleen's questions and answered in like low mumblely tones, appearing so he kind of like was appearing to not want to talk about Tennessee. I suppose.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So at one point, Colleen stepped out to talk to her friend Sarah, the one that she had been she was twinning with right.
Speaker 2: The purple shirt twin Yeah, gotcha.
Speaker 1: And Philip then went to the board to draw with Autumn. They talked about drawing, and Philip had told Autumn that she was a good jar. Philip would write his name on the board in Chinese, which Autumn thought was super cool. Autumn said, Philip came across the fine did not mumble to her at all, and they just had like a relatively normal conversation. Okay, So meanwhile, Colleen and Sarah we're out in his building.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I'm just like, did you st even know much about I know a very little bit. I know who the victim and who the perpetrator is. That's about it. Okay.
Speaker 1: So meanwhile Colleen and Sarah were out in the hallway, chatting about a meeting that Sarah just had. At one point, Sarah asked Colleen if she needed to get back into her classroom to help her students. Colleen said Autumn was just in there drawing on the whiteboard, and she honestly didn't know why Philip was there. They continued their conversation, speaking about shampoo and a teacher or a student having headlace. Sarah was also having car issues, so Colleen asked if she needed a ride home, which she unfortunately did not, so Colle went back into her classroom.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I bet you her friends feels terrible about that, though.
Speaker 1: Hey, well, terrible for not needing a ride home, okay, because I honestly don't know. I don't know if that would have changed the outcome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well was it? Sorry, was it Colleen needing the ride home?
Speaker 1: No, this is a friend, Colleena.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I thought you meant that, maybe, Colleen.
Speaker 1: Okay, that would have probably changed the outcome.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I got it backwards.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I don't know either way, wouldn't change the outcome, but still like shit might have got figured out of it sooner. So when Colleen returned to her classroom, she told Autumn and Philip that she would be leaving soon. Autumn packed up to leave first. As she was leaving, she told Colleen that she was like the best teacher ever and such a great person and she really liked her. And I'm like, oh my god, the fields.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like, you know, you're doing a good job when you can impact a student like that, And that might have.
Speaker 1: Been the last conversation she had, so just dropping that bomb right there. Fuck. Autumn said this, however, seemed to annoy Philip and make him angry. Autumn that she was like liking Colleen.
Speaker 2: Yeah, given that praise, Autumn.
Speaker 1: Left the classroom, leaving Philip and Colleen alone. At this point in the date, there weren't many students left in that particular area of the school. But before leaving for the day, Calling left her classroom to head to the nearest girl's bathroom. And this is where shit goes.
Speaker 2: So my friends, buckle up, ladies and gentlemen, take a swig of that.
Speaker 1: Drink, and let's let's do it.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's do it.
Speaker 1: So Philip, still in the classroom, initially starts following Calling to the bathroom shortly after she left, like why the fuck is he following her to the bathroom, Like, don't fall her to the bathroom. Yeah, And like as I'm researching this, I'm like calling, look the fuck behind you, please.
Speaker 2: Please no, But she didn't.
Speaker 1: She didn't. So basically, like our lesson for the fucking day is like, if you're going to the bathroom, just look behind you.
Speaker 2: If you're gonna go number two, then make sure you look behind.
Speaker 1: You, even number one.
Speaker 2: Man, all of the above, Okay, if you go into the bathroom, look behind you, behind you.
Speaker 1: Keep it. Then she's like in a place where she's comfortable, right, and her guard, her guard is who?
Speaker 2: But that that reminds me of that movie. Was it Zombie Land? I don't know, you don't know. I don't remember the there's a movie Zombie Land. I'm trying to remember the actors. I can picture them in everything. Anyways, through the movie, it's a zombie apocalypse movie, but it's like kind of comedy as well.
Speaker 1: I heart zombies or no, did I make that out?
Speaker 2: That's a different one. I heart something else. Anyways, it's got Woody Harrelson in it. Anyways, throughout the movie there's like Rules of the Apocalypse's one character made up, and one of the rules is like, when you're in your vehicle, always check the backseat. Okay, that kind of reminded me of that when one of the bathroom, always look behind you.
Speaker 1: But I just envision myself like walking to the bathroom and like checking behind me. You would almost look suspicious doing that, not you personally saying me, like I look and I said that, but like if I'm like look in the bathroom and then I look around, people are like, what the fuck's she going to do in the bathroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah, especially if you're in a high school, Yeah, go to the bathroom.
Speaker 1: I don't know, But who cares if people think you suspicious? Just look out for yourself? Really, yeah, okay, watch you six. So Philip had also changed from the wet the red sweatshirt he had been wearing all day into a light blue hooded sweatshirt, and he had the hood up concealing his face. So as he has he followed Colleen, he briefly scanned the hallway and checked his pockets while looking Colleen's direction, and he was also in the process of putting white gloves on as he walked, Like is this not like like nightmare material? Or what really?
Speaker 2: Yes, And I I'm pretty sure you're gonna answer this later on, but I'm just if Colleen didn't see this, then how do we know that this is what he was doing?
Speaker 1: Uh? Cameras okay in the hallway?
Speaker 2: Gotcha? Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, So basically, like you're heading into the bathroom in a place that you think is safe, but no one is around, and you have some dude following you who's changed his outfoot, has his hood up, and is pulling on some fucking gloves.
Speaker 2: So whatever he's about to do is clearly premeditated.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, Well, like do you just carry well, I don't know, do you just carry the.
Speaker 2: Shit in your well? He's carrying a spare hoodie to put on the first and then Latex or whatever nitrol gloves, and he's putting them on, whether he just so happened to have them or he carried them in expecting to do this, regardless of that situation, he's putting them on in preparation of what he's about to do.
Speaker 1: Get totally premeditated, like he and he had box cutters in his pocket.
Speaker 4: There we go.
Speaker 1: I'm pretty sure if you're following with some of the bathroom like that, you're not up, You're up to no good. So Colleen enters the bathroom. I imagine she's doing her business. Philip is outside the bathroom door, listening briefly before he also enters the bathroom. As I said, he has a box cutter in hand. And they were in this bathroom for eleven minutes.
Speaker 2: Shit, I can only imagine, like, I'm I'm wondering if that bathroom locks the inside or something.
Speaker 1: It doesn't. It doesn't, no, Like I'm about just to say it, like so the next sentence shows that it doesn't, but it's like it could have, but he didn't lock it, which I thought was really weird.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because my imagination immediately went like, you're in the bathroom and you hear someone come in and then you just hear the lock just click.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, I would literally die. Oh great, now I'm going to be listening for that. That's just too much. Okay, it's just too much, Okay, deepress. Okay, So after eleven minutes, a female student named Danielle entered the bathroom. She only briefly walked in and then out, saying she saw a person's butt with skin of a skin tone darker than her own. The person the butt was leaning towards the sink and do there was like a half wall that blot blocked most of her view. She could not see the person's upper body, and she could not see Colleen. She couldnt see it. She didn't see any blood or anything out of the ordinary other than the butt, and simply thought that she walked in on like a student changing or something, and left and found another bathroom. Shit. Yeah, so at this point though, that was the dude, like cleaning up is what it was.
Speaker 2: I'm thinking.
Speaker 1: Sure, So at this point, sure, Philip thinks that he's been caught, right, Like, he wasn't finished at this point, so caught doing exactly what you're probably wondering. But for now, I'm just gonna let your imaginations go. So Philip exits the bathroom and the process of him hiding his crime start, and it's like, honestly enough to make you ill, Like a lots of times when I'm researching, I just feel ill. I don't know if that's normal, but I'm like.
Speaker 2: We're researching some dark stuff. I know, like it's it's pretty good.
Speaker 1: I love true crime and stuff. But then just like getting down deep into it, well, and.
Speaker 2: Even sometimes a lot, Yeah, it is, But even sometimes, like you, we're reading up on how these things were done, and we're not trying to copy articles word for word or anything, so we are trying to describe it in our own ways. So we're trying to picture it, reimagine it, and then put it into words, which makes it like that much more heavy when we're researching.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you're reading something and then you digest it and then you spill it out in your own words kind of thing. So yeah, it's a lot. It's a lot. Before I finished just researching this today and I had to go have a hot shower before it was like, I mean, did.
Speaker 2: You look behind you before you went in the bathroom?
Speaker 1: Well, no, shit, I didn't.
Speaker 2: What if Kiwi was following you?
Speaker 1: I know. Okay, So he exits the bathroom still wearing the blue sweatshirt he entered the bathroom wearing, and was now carrying Colleen's black pants over his arm. He also had her underwear in his possession, so there's a big old hint of what might have went down in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah. The button shit, Yeah, now, I'm certain to I kind of thought of that, but I was really hoping not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, he did it. He had blood on his right hand, but no obvious blood was seen on him other than that. He was quick to walk down the hallway and stairs and exit the building. A student's mother waiting in her car saw Philip crouched down in the bushes. She said he was changing or pulling up his pants or something and looking around as if to check to see if anyone was watching him. He then walked up the sidewalk back to the and back to the school. He had removed his hoodie and was now wearing a white T shirt and no longer carrying Colleen's pants. So I'm kind of like coughing still, So I do take a.
Speaker 2: Drink a drinking game. Every time Nicole coughs, you take.
Speaker 1: A drunk, well, like this is the longest cold in history. Hey, but the cough usually hangs on. Yeah, yeah, it's a little bit annoying. Kicking his ass though, you don't get baby, Yeah, I am okay. So, as he entered the school once again, he ran back up to Colling's second floor classroom, and we so we know this. This is where I was going to say it because of like the camera's filming in the hallways and such, right, mm hmmm, so they had a security system. Basically, he was quick to emerge from the classroom now with his his red sweatshirt over his head and carrying collings, black tote bag and lunch bag and his own backpack. So he went and grabbed her shit, which I for as long as when I read that, I was like, that's so fucked. But I guess, I guess you would. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I mean, he's not going to be able to hide, Like, what's he going to do. It's an active school. He's not gonna be able to drag the body out and hide it somewhere.
Speaker 1: Oh he does?
Speaker 2: Really did he not get seen other than the cameras? But how did he not have someone see it?
Speaker 1: Just you wait, just you wait.
Speaker 2: Because my thought, my thought process was there's no way he can drag a body out of the bathroom. So if you can't drag a body out of the bathroom, what's the point of dragging the possessions out because she's going to be found.
Speaker 1: Oh, she leaves the bathroom. She leaves the bathroom. Okay, the next sentence has a very big hint. So he walked down the stairway well carrying her items and headed towards the school's recycling bins where this recycling bins are stored and ditch the items that he was holding and put on his red T shirt and a black bella clava face mask. He was headed back. I like, what's the point in disguising yourself, especially at this point too, But he is still he's still doing that. So he had a backupstairs to the bathroom calling was in when he came across his friend. He was looking for him. So his friend's name is Ramsey, I think, and Ramsey was waiting for him because they were supposed to meet before soccer practice started at four, just to like pre practice, I guess. Okay, So Ramsey had been waiting for him in the soccer fields, but when he didn't arrive, he went looking for him. So like Phillips grew up there, I feel like kidding and as if to lead Ramsey away from the bathroom, Philip sort of like walking backwards facing Ramsey, but leading him away from the crime scene. And just like, no, I'm not even gonna say that, that might give away too much. So Ramsey noticed Philip was sweating and kind of like looking scared and asked, well, what are you doing? Like, what are you doing? Man? Like, what's going on? So Philip saying he had just lost something and couldn't find it. He told his friend not to worry about it and to go back to the soccer field and he would be there shortly. But Ramsey was a good friend and he asked what he lost and can he help him. Philip said it was nothing and again told Ramsey to head to the soccer field. He then began to jog away from Ramsey, so like run away from him, but Ramsey followed him downstairs, saw Philip grab a recycling bin and head towards the elevator, asking him what he was doing. But again same response, So he listened to Philip this time and headed to the soccer field.
Speaker 2: None of that seems suspicious as fuck to him, like a gonna do. Your friend's wearing a bella clava after school hours, sweating, walking backwards or making eye contact with you, say oh, don't worry, I just lost something. Go back to the soccer field and you're like, oh, I'll help you find it. No, it's nothing, I got it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But what would you do. What would you do?
Speaker 2: I don't know, tell a fucking teacher.
Speaker 1: I guess, I mean, I guess that's one thing you could do.
Speaker 2: Someone's acting real suspicious in the hallway, wearing a Bella Clova, sweating and trying.
Speaker 1: And grabbing a recycling bit like I don't know, cause yeah, he grabs his fucking recycling bin and goes into the elevator to like bring it upstairs.
Speaker 2: So he's gonna he's gonna go dismember her and shove her in a garbage can and wheel her out.
Speaker 1: Hey, I don't think he needed to dismember, No, he doesn't. Just she just fits in there. Oh really okay, Like it's like our garbage bin outside. I think a body would fit in there, Not that I've ever thought about that, it would.
Speaker 2: Wow. If you guys ever, just I'm gone, I'm missing one day. Please check our garbage can.
Speaker 1: Oh my gosh, I don't even know if you can get away with that. Well, anyway, he was in the bathroom for or where am I here? Okay, there am So He's in the bathroom for several minutes before rolling the bin outside of the of the bathroom into the elevator and out of the school, appearing calm and undisturbed. At this point, he was seen by many people rolling this bin wear is mel Haveva outside the school and attempting to take it up a rocky steep incline into the woods behind the school. Like a lot of people saw him doing this. But I think, I don't know, I don't know. Kids are kind of weird, right, so maybe you're just like, I don't know, I.
Speaker 2: Can understand, like, Okay, people are seeing it, and it's like they're gonna think nothing of it. But they're gonna think something of it when a body's found a couple days later.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, then they're gonna definitely be like, okay, yeah that was actually really fucked up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so you don't want people seeing that ship because they're going to connect the dots, like, my man, what are you doing?
Speaker 1: Because so he couldn't get it up the hill, Like I mean, like her body's in there, like it weighs a lot. It's weighs more like she's not like it doesn't weighs a lot, but like it it's.
Speaker 2: A full grown adult and a child is trying to move this up a hill through rocks.
Speaker 1: Is that what you're trying to say basically, oh yeah. So then he ends up taking it to like another section of the woods, so like yeah, people are like that is just like I don't know what I I just let that go. But then like what then you're think you're a crazy person, Like you're gonna call this school, like I just saw this this kid, Like I.
Speaker 2: Don't know, I would think it's probably just some kids stealing a bin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there you go.
Speaker 2: But then it's like, Okay, a body's found. Well actually it's a kid.
Speaker 1: But then then you'd probably be like kind of like shit, I should have said something anyway.
Speaker 2: Anyway, then you say something.
Speaker 1: Yeah at that point, but it's too late. So he was in the woods for twenty five minutes. And here's where I'll start to share what kind of went down, because I made you steal on it long enough. Okay, So from the autopsy performed, so yes, Colling does die, and the forensic evidence and crime scene photographs, here's what happened.
Speaker 2: Can I can I ask a quick question?
Speaker 1: Of course?
Speaker 2: How is she found? How is your body found?
Speaker 1: Oh we'll get there, man, Oh okay, we'll get there. Okay, you don't get to know that yet well, sorry, just calm yourself.
Speaker 2: I'm calm, I'm calm.
Speaker 1: Okay. So Philip, he's an athlete and physically larger actually than Colleen. Colleen I think was like five six or something, but like at fourteen, like this dude, I guess he had grown and he was like tall.
Speaker 2: I was just expecting some little shrimp like an adult.
Speaker 1: Okay, now he was tall, so he quickly overwhelmed her in the bathroom. The autopsy revealed pinpoint hemorrhaging on Colleen's face okay, and around her eyes and mouth, showing that Philip had initially strangled Colleen while presumably raping her, as his sperm cells were found inside her body. Philip also repeatedly stabbed and sliced Colleen's necks neck with the box cutter he had. And when I say like stabbed and sliced, like he went to town, which is unfortunate.
Speaker 2: Like multiple times and deep or like one like over.
Speaker 1: Repeatedly over areas and stuff. It was also so it was impossible to determine definitively how many times Philip applied the box cutter blade to her neck because portions of the neck were penetrated or slashed again and again and again and again in so many overlapping locations basically, but there were sixteen distinct neck wounds, many of them would have caused death. So I'm like, no medical expert. I feel like it'd be helpful being a medical excerpt, but I'm not, so I don't know a lot about like the different areas of the neck. But he cut through colleens cart how do you say that one carartid artery carotid carartid artery? So am I saying that right now?
Speaker 2: Carotid arate?
Speaker 1: Oh man, we should be making light of this. Her trache yet and nicked her vertebrae, So like some serious force would have had to been like used because it's not like he was just cutting through like skin and muscle, like he was gotten through shit, and like the blood right for cutting through the artery would be like intensive, I imagine.
Speaker 2: Definitely well, and like your artery connects directly to your heart and so when your heart pumps, yeah, you get a pump of blood through your artery, so it's.
Speaker 1: Like, yeah, I was gonna I was gonna say this later, but I'll just say it now. So like I don't because there there's a gray area if she was like dead before she got into taken to the woods. Okay, but like for that that student to have come in and not have like seen much blood or like for Philip, he had left the bathroom and on camera like only had a little bit of blood on his hand. It almost makes you seem like she was only really strangled in there.
Speaker 2: Maybe you know, maybe a bit of.
Speaker 1: Cutting, but not a lot, I don't think, and she could have still been alive.
Speaker 2: Well do you go into the crime scene at all? How much blood was in the bathroom?
Speaker 1: There's not really ever said like anywhere where there's a shit ton of blood really, yeah.
Speaker 2: Because like that's gonna.
Speaker 1: Be a lot of work, like a lot and like Philip never had very much time to clean anything up. But then and there was one report, like there's different there's always like different reports, right, And there was one where it did say the janitor he there was miscommunication because he was foreign or something. He ended up cleaning up the crime scene. But I'm like, dude, if this janitor goes into the into a bathroom that's there's blood everywhere, Like I don't think he's going to just clean it up.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't think he's gonna be like, yeah, okay, like I'm going to clean the ship.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like I I just don't think that he would, like even if there was like a miscommunication, I just don't. I don't know.
Speaker 2: I can see if it's like maybe oh, there's a little bit of blood student had a nose bleed and he mops that up or something, but like if there's arterial spray in puddles, no.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I mean Philip could have had some time to clean it up. But so yeah, I don't think. I don't think it all was in the bathroom. It's just my opinion, my guess.
Speaker 2: Because I'm going to say that she was strangled enough that she was unconscious, relocated to the woods, and then she was out there, discovered, he discovered she was still alive, cut her throat out there, and I'm assuming that she was left for at least long enough for blood to soak in the ground, rain to wash it away, maybe animals to get to it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so I guess technically you may not even find a lot of blood out there something.
Speaker 2: So again, as a hunter, it doesn't take much for blood to soak in the ground and for rain to wash blood away.
Speaker 1: But then say, if he killed her like by strangulation, yeah, and then did all this cutting in the woods, but she was already dead, would it bleed much? It would Yeah, it's still would bleed, Yeah, you would.
Speaker 2: You'd have some coagulation in the blood. There would be some lumps and chunkiness basically, but yeah, there there would be liquid blood for quite something, yeah something.
Speaker 1: So I think like if he really was cutting her neck a lot in those areas in the bathroom, like you would have known about it. Like, I don't think you would have gotten that cleaned up. Were so anyway, anyway, let's just carry on with the story.
Speaker 2: We're really getting technical.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so Colleen ultimately died of sharp force injuries to the neck and strangulation. The two causes of death were basically determined because the sharp force injuries and this the like afphixiation were each lethal, and there was no way to precisely like sequence.
Speaker 2: The events, Yeah, which one occurred first or anything.
Speaker 1: However, it was said that one could draw the conclusion that strangulation was inflicted first because the difficulty one may have strangling a neck that was in the condition of colleens. So I'm like, oh, that's a visual one and a half, thank you, no kidding. And here is where I was going to say, It's unclear if Calling would have still been alive when she was put into the recycling bin. So this is where oh my goodness, Okay, So Philip has brought her into the woods and positioned Collin's body on the ground, on her back in the frame of a fallen section of fence. He had her purple shirt an undershirt pushed up and her broad down so her breasts were exposed. She was also like had no pants on, right, and her legs were spread open, and he had a stick a twig inside her. So he also, this motherfucker raped her with an inanimate object.
Speaker 2: Fuck fucking Fillip, Like.
Speaker 1: Isn't that Like he's fourteen, Like that's just disgusting discuss anyone, for anyone, let alone a child. But it's just like, I just think back to what was I doing when I was fourteen, and I like, I just don't think I could even have imagined something like that.
Speaker 2: I was scooting around on my skateboard, playing Pokemon on my game Boy, Like that's what I was doing at fourtune.
Speaker 1: Oh my word, Okay, So the recyclingment was discarded, along with his black backpack, to white gloves, to black socks, and a fold of note reading I hate you all. It's believed Philip inflicted some of the injuries to colling neck in the bathroom, given how many wounds there is, but the depth of them, some of them were done outside. So sorry, I actually think we already kind of talked about this. I sort of skipped ahead here.
Speaker 2: Well, I mean he did, like go ahead and rape her with.
Speaker 1: A stick, so he were in there twenty five.
Speaker 2: Minutes, but I mean like in the woods. Oh sorry, yeah, twenty five minutes in the woods. So if he's going to go ahead and position her, spend the time to do that and do ridiculously gross things with inanimate objects, I'm sure he went to town with a knife again too, probably, Like it's.
Speaker 1: Just so disrespectful, Like, I mean, it's just disgusting.
Speaker 2: It's horrifically disgusting.
Speaker 1: So before leaving Colleen's body, like, yeah, he's gross.
Speaker 2: He's not even recycled being worthy, he's trash worthy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Like it's it's gross. It's just gross. So he then covered her body up with like leaves and forest debris and left her there. So when he emerged from the woods, he was barefoot with the front of his jeans soaked with blood. So that's why I think a lot more shit happened in there. He returned to school, collected some additional belongings from his locker, changed out of his bloody pants into shorts, and briefly re entered the second girls the second floor girls bathroom, or like the crime scene happened. He then exited the school and re entered the woods for an additional twelve minutes. Fucker in and out, I know. Oh, he's even more so. So then he returns to the school once again, travels around various places on the scroll grounds, and then runs into like another friend named Kevin, who he knew from church activities. Kevin said they had a normal conversation and Philip seemed his normal self, which is like, seriously, he just like killed his fucking teacher. Apparently Kevin had texted Philip earlier, but Philip didn't answer, and he just said it was because he ran out of minutes, not because he just murdered his fucking teacher. Philip had a snack and left the school grounds around five four thirty five.
Speaker 2: So is he just chilling, just hanging around just because just like.
Speaker 1: Constantly wandering all over the place, like he was just.
Speaker 2: All over the fucking So he wasn't doing anything particular, he was just wandering chilling.
Speaker 1: Well, like I'm sure he had a mission. Like he like he went back to the bathroom, He went to his locker, he changed, He went back to his friend, he had a snack.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, he went to the locker to get his fucking fruit roll up and walk around.
Speaker 1: And change his fucking soaked ass jeans. Jeez, later, kid, Oh, he's making you angry.
Speaker 2: He made me really angry.
Speaker 1: Later that evening, when he didn't return home, Philip's mum reported him missing. She was in touch with his soccer coach, who said he didn't show up to practice, so a search began for him. Colleen's parents were also worried at this time because Colleen was like a real creature of habit and would arrive home pretty much every day at relatively the same time around three point thirty. She would always go find her mom, who worked from home, and like, ask her mom how her day went, and tell her how her day went. And I was just like, oh, my heart, that's so kind. Then she'd sit on the coach and plan her lesson for the next day, and then the dinner, and then the family would have dinner together. So Colleen's family headed to the school. You know she wasn't home, saw that her car was there, still parked in the parking lot, and her sweater was in her classroom chair, but nothing else of hers was there. And her disappearing like this, like without giving them a phone call or something, was just not like we can already tell it's it's not on her character.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, not like her.
Speaker 1: So they had two people missing for ten you're a boy and a twenty four year old teacher, and investigator's minds are probably just like, what the fuck happened here?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 4: M hm?
Speaker 1: So meanwhile, Philip was at the movies. Oh.
Speaker 2: One of the biggest things about this is how little of fucks this I know, fucking TOWRP gives.
Speaker 1: It doesn't seem like he gives two fucks.
Speaker 2: No, he's in an out of it's just way wandering, eating a fucking I don't know, oreos, fruit roll up, whatever the fuck, and he's going to the theater.
Speaker 1: You ready for this?
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: What So in addition to stealing colleens underwear, he also stole her iPhone and wallet, and he used her credit card to buy himself Wendy's.
Speaker 2: Of course he fucking did. And that movie ticket, of course he fucking it. What's the point of even trying to hide the crime if you're gonna do that?
Speaker 1: I know, I know, but I mean, like he's also like fourteen, I don't know. Then maybe in his brain he thinks this is that he's doing a good job. So the investigators, upon their search of the school, did not or they did find an alarmingly clean bathroom. There was one very faint, missed, bloody handprint, though, and this led them to watch the video recording of the hallways, and this is when they got like a better picture of the fucking shit show. Yeah, for like example, Colling went to the bathroom but never came out, and she wasn't in there, and like a bin, a recycling bin, came out of there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that kind of shit. And then anyone see a kid with a bella clava wheeling a recycling bin around? Oh, you mean the one that fucking millions of people saw going to the backwoods over there.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, my gosh, it's just it just like makes your stomach up. So now emong eating Wendy's and being at the movies. Philip was captured like on numerous cameras basically around town and other businesses including shoplift, shoplift a hunting knife. So he's not he's just not a good kid. And like, I didn't even put this in there, but like there was apparently like no warning signs of this.
Speaker 2: That's crazy.
Speaker 1: That's weird, you know, And so that seems weird. I mean, I don't know, maybe maybe just turning a blind eye, but like, this kid's a bad motherfucker.
Speaker 2: I think clearly there's something that snapped in him. Like he left the note I hate you all, leaving a note. He knows he's gonna get caught. He knows he's gonna get fast. Yeah, so maybe he's just like, fuck it, I'm just gonna do what I want. I want this knife, I'm gonna take it. I'm gonna take this cart, go get Wendy's and movies. I'm gonna get caught. I'm just gonna live my fucking best life until it happens.
Speaker 1: Until Yeah, he was eventually found by some police officers around midnight. He was walking along a tree line in a very narrow area of Route one, which I'm assuming is like a highway and it's generally an unsafe spot for pedestrians to be walking. So the police officers stopped, but didn't realize who they were stopping to chat with. They were just like thinking, oh my god, like, this person needs to get the fuck up here, it's not safe. Philip wouldn't make eye contact with the officers. They asked him where are we going to, which he responded nowhere, and where he was coming from, which he replied Tennessee, which is kind of interesting. He did not have any identification on him and wouldn't give them his home address. They then patted him down, which revealed a rock in one of his pockets, and then the other cards belonged to Colleen, like her driver's license and credit card, but the name unfortunately didn't mean anything. These were top tops Field officers, which is like a neighboring town, so I don't know if they were just like out of their jurisdiction or if if Philip had like wandered quite far or what right.
Speaker 2: Well, either way, it may not have been communicated to the neighboring exactly. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So they asked him how he obtained the cards, and he said he got them at the stop and shop, which I'm assuming is a convenience store, which makes like so much sense that you could get that there. Since that made okay, my next line, since that made no sense, they asked him again and he said from his car or from her car, just from her car. So he's really like not being freaking healthful at all to these people, which.
Speaker 2: I mean is kind of playing in his own favor. The less you talk, the better.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, absolutely, And it's interesting because he kind of seemed like he acted that way in Colleen's class, lightly too right when she was asking him questions, he kind of mumbles, So it almost makes you think he has issues with authority, is my personal That's very possible. That's kind of like when I was reading, hmm, this guy has issues with authority. They also asked what was in his back pop in his back his backpack, and he said survival gear. Philip did eventually give the officers his name, and this is when they realized they were dealing with the missile boy and they had recovered the missing teenager. They're like, whoo wait, So they put him in like unrestrained in their cruiser and to keep them warm. Confirmed with dispatch that they had the missing teen and transported him to the Topsfield police station. Once at the police station, they asked Philip if there was anything dangerous inside his backpack and he answered yes. So they opened the bag to discover receipts from Wendy's and the movie theater. There was also a shirt, two rolls of tape, water bottles, a white towel, a flashlight, kind of foot powder spray, and the hunting knife he had stole earlier in the night. Also in the bag were some of Colleen's belongings, keys, a wallet, her like makeup bag thing and her underwear and the box cutter. Oh go ahead, sorry, putting my hand up.
Speaker 2: This kid's running away, is what he's doing. He's walking along a highway. Was survival gear. That's why he stole the knife, because he's running away. He's just going to go sleep in the bush and just run away.
Speaker 1: And oh you think.
Speaker 2: He has survival gear. He's not going home. He's running away. He went and killed something.
Speaker 1: That actually makes sense. Nowhere ever, did anyone come up with anything like that. But that makes so much sense. That's exactly what he Why is he walking along the highway and shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had no intention of going home. He's just booking her wo and the police caught him on the way.
Speaker 1: Shit, that makes sense.
Speaker 2: I'm smart detectives.
Speaker 1: So the blade of the box cutter was still protruding and it was covered in blood. They of course asked who the fuck is this like blood on there? Right, maybe not that exact wording, and he said it's the girls. He was then read his rights as they were starting to get the full picture of what happened here. The officer then asked whether he knew where the girl was, and he said she was buried in the woods, to which they're like, holy shit, and asked if they could potentially help her if they got to her, and he said no.
Speaker 2: Fuck.
Speaker 1: His sweatshirt and sneakers, which had bought on them were taken from him and he was transported to the Danvers police station and ultimately arrested for Colleens murder. Meanwhile, there was a search happening for Colleen. Many of Colleen's colleagues and friends were part of the search and the canine unit was also called in. So at about three am, Colleen's body was found in the woods. When ache with pink nail polish was spotted out from the leaves, a paramedic was called into the woods. He uncovered Colleen's head and torso she had dartened debris in her eyes and airway. He checked her heartbeat, but of course it was not beating and she was pronounced dead. So Philip was put on trial. There were many evaluations to see if Philip was of sound mind basically when committing this like gruesome act okay, and so his lawyers definitely argued that he was mentally ill at the time, but the jury ultimately rejected this and Philip was sentenced good. So he was sentenced to life in prison with parole eligibility after twenty five years for the murder of Colleen. But then he was also sentenced to life in prison with parole eligibility after twenty years for raping Colleen, and this was to be served after the sentence for her murder.
Speaker 2: So he's was he tried as an adult.
Speaker 1: Then, See, that was one thing that was confusing to me and I couldn't get the exact answer, because I think what happened is some he was tried, some he wasn't, and then like he was in state, he did go into juvenile jail ye until a certain age or something, and then I think he was transferred to like adult jail.
Speaker 2: Okay, adult jail and not what we're in now just regular life is adult jails like that.
Speaker 1: He was also sentenced for the armed robbery of like Colleen's belongings, I guess, okay, but that was to be served at the same time as the above, So his original sentenced to a minimum fifty years. See, a lot of it was fuzzy, but every report that I found after that was saying that he was eligible for parole forty years. But I was like, ah, it's fifty, but I think the defense attorney asked for it to be forty, citing scientific studies that said a juvenile brain is not fully developed blah blah blah. So I think that he got it like she got it down to forty years. So he'll basically be out eligible for parole in his fifties. So one more thing to mention, because I'm like, Okay, this is like his first defense, you.
Speaker 2: Know, well, there's there's clearly something in his head that that went, which is not cool. It's not cool for the result of I mean, colleagees.
Speaker 1: And I think he had a lot of rage too, potentially his parents like divorce maybe and like having to make all these new friends and stuff.
Speaker 2: Definitely, so there's something snapped. Yeah, whether it's something snapped that I don't know is controllable or not, that's who knows if it is. I mean, I hope he gets the help that he needs, clearly, because.
Speaker 1: There was also like reports and stuff saying that like he had heard voices, but I didn't know if I really like believed that. Like I think they're just literally evaluating him for everything, and which probably a good thing that his maybe the defense his lawyers were doing that because probably better to maybe go to like the mental facility hospital or whatever than jail.
Speaker 2: The thing though, like if you hear voices or if there's any mental issues, generally there's some odd behavior that happens.
Speaker 1: And remorse too afterwards.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like because you're disconnected, Like I didn't do that, Like what I don't remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, He's just it seemed like he was ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like I hate you all. I'm living my best life and now running away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and this is this is something else that I wanted to bring up too, so to like really solidify how bad news this Philip dude is. So while he was awaiting trial, so like the next year, like he did all the shit to Colleen in twenty thirteen, this is twenty fourteen, he committed a very similar act attack to a twenty nine year old female staff member in the youth facility he was staying in. Really, he apparently made sure he wasn't being watched by anyone, as he kind of did with Colleen. He removed his shoes so that his steps wouldn't make noise, and as this female walked into a locker room, Philip grabbed her and slammed her against the wall. He was choking her, punching her, stabbing her numerous times with a pencil until thankfully, like all the commotion was heard by another staff member who rushed in and saved the woman.
Speaker 2: Holy fuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So like the next year he basically like did like the same fucking thing. Yeah, so he did get tried for this. I couldn't find how much longer whatever was added to his sentence, but so like right there, I'm like, oh my god, like he did it again, Like you did it again? Yeah, like what the fuck?
Speaker 2: So wow. See, when it comes to stuff like this, like I've gotten flack in comments before from people being like, oh, like you shouldn't like wish ill on the victims and stuff, and I totally get that. You're right. I don't wish ill on anybody. But what I do wish is that karma is a real thing, and that I do wish that these people who have done bad things intentionally understand the things they've done.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, I was actually just thinking about this, and I don't necessarily think it's like us wishing ill upon people. It's literally us like wishing that what they did to people gets done to them. Like and I don't know if that's necessarily a wrong thing.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, like I don't wish like something Philip murdered someone. I don't want Philip to get murdered. I don't want someone to feel pain or lose their life. That's just not cool. Even if a murderer gets murdered, it's still murder, right. But I do want the family to have closure, and I do want there to be justice, and I hope within that justice that the person who's serving the sentence learns what it's like what they did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, hopefully they end up somehow learning and one way, not necessarily and even just like a negative way. I guess like there could be. It could be really they change as a person or develop as a person. He has time to develop he is young, or rehabilitation when he's in his thirties. He realized what the fuck he did and there is more, yeah, exactly.
Speaker 2: Or maybe if they're not remorseful, then maybe karma.
Speaker 1: Turns around on well, or they don't get out of jail when they're in their fifties.
Speaker 2: Yes, karma has a way of serving itself.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I just people are fucking trash at this point when they do this sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Like like Colleen was a freaking angel for God's sakes.
Speaker 2: Philip deserves a fucking rot as far as I'm concerned. Yeah, but I hope he understands what the fuck.
Speaker 1: He did exactly, Like he took a life of a beautiful person that literally spent her day trying to like really make the world a better place by like changing these young students' lives.
Speaker 2: And specifically his life better because he stayed after class in this little bubble anything.
Speaker 1: She made it that place safe for him to be there.
Speaker 2: So she literally spent her time to make his life better and he turned around and took her life.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in the most gruesome of ways.
Speaker 2: So I think Philip deserves rot and I really hope that there's there's some justice and karma behind that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, it'd be interesting. I mean, we'll be so well, I don't know, will we be so old. Maybe we'll still be around when he gets out of jail, but.
Speaker 2: I would like to think so.
Speaker 1: So, Yeah, thanks for listening. I will There's always posts about all of our cases on Instagram, and lots same super are commenting and there's a little discussion. So if you want to be part of that, just follow over us, head over on to our instagram.
Speaker 2: A Wicked and Grim. It's just like that, just that easy. Yeah, and we will message you back.
Speaker 1: It is us, Yes, I know. Lots of times people I think they're surprised if it's us, Yeah, and then I'm like, it's me.
Speaker 2: Although sometimes we're going to tell you now. Sometimes it's me talking to you, sometimes Nicole talking to you. Sometimes it's both.
Speaker 1: Of us, maybe it's even Mika. Sometimes you never fucking know.
Speaker 2: Kiwi, he's he's sketched that way. I'm pretty sure he's the puppet master of this house. He runs stuff totally.
Speaker 1: Okay, sweet, thank you until then.
Speaker 4: Makes you guys stay wicked.
Speaker 3: Bo oh oh b mm hm