Speaker 1: Kids.
Speaker 2: I saved you scale away from us, asshole.
Speaker 1: I was nice to you because I felt sorry for you because you don't have any friends.
Speaker 3: But now I see why you don't have any friends.
Speaker 1: You just use man bear pig as.
Speaker 3: A way to get attention for yourself because you're a loser.
Speaker 2: Kick egh, welcome too, going down the South. But the podcast where we're always having ourselves a time and we're always very serial, I'm Dando.
Speaker 3: Sup ethereal, Yeah, I'm guy.
Speaker 2: This feels like an episode that I guess Trey and May kind of wish they could probably take back. I know we discussed in the last episode about the episode A Million Little fiveers and never said they wish they could delete this one, but this one here. They actually did an episode a lot later on, like season twenty two, where they tried to sort of apologize for Outgore because they were very much I wouldn't say anti global warming, but just mocking him, like the idea of global warming, it's ridiculous, you're just using it for clout. Yeah, and now in twenty twenty six, we're like, oh fuck, they're now good guy, So watch your this episode through A twenty and twenty six lens. You just kind of like, you guys are seem kind of stupid.
Speaker 3: You're kind of you're off base, but in multiple ways, because it's not just bad in terms of like it's targeting, it's just it's not a good episode. I didn't really enjoy this at all.
Speaker 2: I had there were moments throughout that I enjoyed, but I just thought it just the whole point of this episode was to mock al Gore. Yeah, and I think when that's the basis of the episode, it's hard to it's just hard to sort of enjoy it in twenty six.
Speaker 3: I just think because you know, it's it's so wrong, yeah, so incorrect. Yeah, but it also just struck me as kind of like lazy and it's in it's poking fun. Was So, was he mocked like this? I don't think he was.
Speaker 2: It seems like such a weird and it seems like such a weird thing for Trey and Matt to have an issue against to the point where we were going to dedicate a whole episode to mocking this man.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, I don't think he ever came across. And this is the best of my recollection because this is what this is two thousand and six. Yeah, so this is twenty years ago. Yeah, so my memory is hazy. I mean I don't any I don't think anyone was like, oh good, you shut up aut Global. Yeah you really, you know, as they say in this episode, you just want people to like you. You're a friendless dog.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 3: I think he came across to the as I said, to the best of my recollection, as a pretty savvy statesman kind of guy. There may have been some either backlash or just sort of.
Speaker 2: Because he was Clinton.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was like, Okay, well we're gonna have a nice sort of follow on from Clinton into Gore. We'll continue that lovely sort of democratic dream of the nineties. And Gore might even be better because he does he seems a little more. He seems less loose than Bill Clinton, shall we say, you know, who was a good politician, but maybe you know also fast. I was just like, you know, I like the leaders that was mobile Clinton, You're like that one. No, but Al Gore was kind of like, Oh, this guy's all business, you know, and he'll run the he'll run the the country and the economy and everything.
Speaker 2: Well, so I knew nothing about American politics when I was younger at this time, and he always came across on The Simpsons or Future as this dull, boring.
Speaker 3: Kind of a stiff. Yeah, that's right, And I mean, then of course you have Yeah. I mean I think the feeling was, oh, George Bush, George W. Bush stole the election, all these kinds of thuff. It really feels like a precursor of what we're going through now with American politics. So she kind of corrupt. What's going on here? You know, no one wanted this guy. No one wanted ware was a boring choice.
Speaker 2: But you know, it means that they have to vote. So the people that didn't want him didn't vote correct. Guess what, Americans, that's the problem with your.
Speaker 3: Correct the whip. Like we do in Australia, go out and vote, get a sausage.
Speaker 2: I don't think off for a snag, Donald trumps Donald Trummer's listeners, it's great, dear, gonna start eving hat dougs and every appalling booth for a snag. Where does this get get out of Abecker snag anybody that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I don't think there was ever the indications like, oh, this guy's pathetic. It was more like, oh, he's just stiff.
Speaker 2: I mean this guy, he came across like a pedophile of this.
Speaker 3: Well, just yeah, they kept saying, attle bit just lonely, has no friends. Stop hanging around with that weird guy, and he's crying no one taking me too. Yeah, and the whole we can talk about the whole serial thing in a minute, but honestly, they just really dug that that horse was dead, and then they just kept flogging, flogging, flogging, flogging, flopping.
Speaker 2: So obviously, as I said, we're watching through a twenty twenty six lens. If you're watching this when it first aired two thousand and six, do you think you would have felt the same way? Because Global Warman was still not a myth, but people were saying, yeah, you really think it's gonna be a thing? Come on, guys.
Speaker 3: Well people had been saying it for ages. Yes, I mean, it didn't feel like as huge an existential problem as say it does now, as opposed to like, oh, that's your platform, and it's like, you know, we probably should take better care of the environment. We're not good to it. Yeah, people have been saying that since the nineteen sixties. So for God to be pushing this one. Yeah, probably people probably had other things on their mind. It's like, oh, we're locked in this forever war in the Middle East? What how did that happen? Again? It does?
Speaker 2: It just feels like in South Park they usually do a good job of when they're mocking somebody, they have like a sort of a win for them in the end where it's kind of like, oh, you know what, he maybe he was right right, so maybe man bad pick. So you know, they had the what's the sadad questioning, Yeah.
Speaker 3: It comes about turned out to be real.
Speaker 2: So I watched this just expecting man bad Peak to eventually be a real thing that saves the boys. And it's like, ah, yeah, maybe it is real or is it like that, whether it actually is real or not, And it's like maybe maybe God is. It's like no, they're just basically just taking it down.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And you have like one of the kids saying, oh, it looked like a man bed pick that saved us, but I can't be sure.
Speaker 2: See it is the thing, it is real, and everyone's like, yeah, sure it is God.
Speaker 3: Sure for everyone to keep kicking the shit out of our gore during this episode, it was like, yeah, it didn't sit right with me. It was just weird. Yeah, and yeah, and not only for the reasons that he's actually sort of been proven right in so many ways, but also yeah, just for the way they were really yeah, the way they were treating him and the way they were depicting it.
Speaker 2: So the episode is called Time to Get Cereal in season twenty two where they basically apologized to Algore for this. Sure, Yeah, it's such a weird thing for Parker and Stone to take on as well. Yeah, it just feels I say, it's in the most positive way. It feels above their pay grade to be mocking global warming unless you are actually learned on the issue. Oh okay, oh yeah, to do a complete take down without having any balance to it.
Speaker 3: The I mean they did smug Alert a couple of a few episodes ago. Yeah, and there they were right on target, because it's like, no, no, no, the electric cars aren't the problem. You're the problem for thinking that you're so wonderful for driving around an electric car. Yeah. If you walk around all the time saying, you know, you really should be using peep straws to save the planet's like it's not helping. Yeah, go talk to you know, the companies that are spewing out stuff, is spewing out toxic waste all the time, do that instead. But here is sort of going after the guy who's trying to raise awareness, like this is a legitimate problem, and you know, I'm trying to call the main bad agents, bad actors to account. Yeah, it feels wrong, and that look as they acknowledged that. But it felt Yeah, I think it felt wrong even at the time.
Speaker 2: Because obviously you know that Manbad Pig is the their version of global warming exactly.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I think the only reason that I would have appreciated or admired this episode back in the day, and yeah, I don't recall liking it was like, oh, okay, it's a fun analogy. I guess, rather than actually saying global warming is like, oh, here's this thing that no one quite understands or is such a weird, overwhelming problem that no one knows how to sort of wrap their head around it.
Speaker 2: I guess I'm just watching this thinking this doesn't feel as well written as what South Buck usually is. Usually they have a real balanced take, they'll take someone down. There's only been a handful of times where it's just being like this. Paris Hilton was one of them where it was just we're going to take down Paris Hilton. But even saying that, as cruel as it was, it felt at the time it's like, you know, this is how people think towards it because she was playing that role.
Speaker 3: Yeah. And also yeah, I mean they poked just as much fun at the the people who were sucked in by the marketing. Yeah, people of all ages and both genders or all JEMs because Dad goes along as like, oh, I guess I get by your person. Yeah, if you're getting ground on by some hot young lady. Yeah.
Speaker 2: But Sally Stroulers was another cruel one.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Occasionally they just get a bit cruel, like we don't like this person or we don't like what they're doing. Someone really have a dig at them.
Speaker 2: I didn't mind the boys trapped in a cave story though, that felt that was fun.
Speaker 3: We just covered a million fibers and they talked about it. Yeah, had on a hat comment. It's like a joke on a joke. It's like, not that the trapped in a cave thing was a joke on a joke, but yeah, watched the whole episode that was just oh, we've got to go down to the cave. It might be a school school exkirsion. Yeah, but the things.
Speaker 2: They're supposed to be they don't know. The boys who were in there that I guess that was their way. Yeah, but you still figure out a way around it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you've got a writer's imagination, right shit. Yeah, but they're all being trapped in this thing and having to sort of like turn on one another. That's a terrific old story. I mean that's all the flies. Oh yeah, well it's treasure this herera Madre Yeah, or which got remaders? Trespassed? You ever see trespass?
Speaker 2: Good movie from the early nineties, trespassed. I love one word films ricochet.
Speaker 3: Well, they both of these movies that you just mentioned start iced tea. Oh, long hair iced tea, Long hair iced tea. Yeah, this one has iced tea ice cube. The late great Bill Paxton and William Sadler The Grim Reaper from from We used to make things in this country?
Speaker 2: We sure did.
Speaker 3: This is made by Walter Hill who made forty eight Hours and The Warriors.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, great movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, this is nineteen ninety three, and it's also got one of the most Dopes twenty eleven, remaking Masshim. No, No, that's Nicholas Cage and Nicole Kimman. It's nineteen ninety three. Ninety two, Yeah, ninety two. Sorry, that's close enough. Look at that poster, isn't You're not going to watch that movie. I went saw it like, I never know what it's about.
Speaker 2: I don't care.
Speaker 3: Okay, I've got it on I've got it on Blue at Home.
Speaker 2: I'll end it perfect. Yes, please? What's the he read the one that the quick Google description to Fireman discover a die Man's secret. A fortune in gold could still lie buried in Nodge. That's all I need to know.
Speaker 3: That's all you need to do. I'll add one little bit.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 3: They run a fowl of iced tea and ice cube. Okay, so this movie is the ship sounds awesome, bad man, but yeah, have the boys all in? Yeah, this enclosed space. One of them discovers gold apartment obviously, Yeah, and then it's like things get things yet hectic.
Speaker 2: As a result, I thought it was a great reveal of Oh that's that where we take phtos at the end of the two. That's like I didn't actually see that coming.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that was that was great.
Speaker 2: I didn't recall it probably should have made sense when it's weird it's smugglers dances. Actually, I thought that maybe it was a sort of reference to, you know, in Casabernita Little Treasure, Yeah, the treasure blad Pirate's cover, whatever it is. Did you have any favorite moments in the episode?
Speaker 3: Look, not that many, but you know I always say there are lines you remember from from the show. It's like, I'm not sure where they came from, and then you scab. Oh, it's in this episode when Kyle is trying to I think it's Kyl He's trying to swim with Cartman to safety. Yeah, he's like, I've got to let you go, or you got to kick, You've got to get you.
Speaker 2: Kick.
Speaker 3: Just the way he's saying it, I found just hilarious.
Speaker 2: I like when I was trying to drag him up the cliffe farts and hear a gold drop? What was that?
Speaker 3: That was just funny. And the only other thing I really enjoyed was when al Gore shows his is drawing to the to the rescue guys.
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: A pig bear man? Pretty good?
Speaker 2: No, I like Randy seeing the boys at the at the basketball courtse with Al Gore. Boys. Come on, that's okay.
Speaker 3: Remember there are no stupid questions, just stupid people trivia time.
Speaker 2: My first question for you is what toy was on top of Stan's toy chest.
Speaker 3: Oh my gosh, I think it's the phone call from Al. I did not pay attention to that. It was just a t rex, just just a tricks. Come on, man, it was not an a Dominus rex. Want to hear something interesting that I read today? It may not be interesting, probably old news by the time this comes out. They're doing a big screen reboot of Westworld. Yeah, and it's written by David Kep, who wrote Jurassic Park. West World is based on a story by Michael Crichton, who wrote Jurassic Park. Stephen Spielberg said recently, I've never done a Western, and I'm looking to There's one that I'm looking to do and it's going to be super cool. It's not going to be a traditional Western. So everyone's going is that the one is Spilberg gonna make remake West World with a script by David Kip.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, final, I'm doing a movie that people care about.
Speaker 3: Quick get job to just score before he's dead, John Quick, come on, Jenny thro something together trivia questes. Sorry I was I don't know when.
Speaker 2: Sorry, I just you've read something interesting today.
Speaker 3: I learned something today.
Speaker 2: By some people hear this. It's been announced for three weeks Steven to Direct.
Speaker 3: Thanks guy super theory and giving this information. How much is a room per night at the Comfort.
Speaker 2: In thirty nine dollars dollars? One of my questions, Yes, now I've got one of those ones where I've got the answer.
Speaker 3: I didn't write the question. Do do do? Answer is what is fifty seven degrees?
Speaker 2: Oh? I'm assuming you must have been something to do with the cave.
Speaker 3: I'm guessing so, yeah, the winds blow through and keeps it at a constant temporary Agree are you speaking of the caves? According to the tool guide, there are two rules at the cave of the winds. What are they?
Speaker 2: Ummm, no, what are they?
Speaker 3: They stay on the path and don't touch anything.
Speaker 2: Don't touch anything?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: What were the names of the phallic shaped Okay?
Speaker 3: It was like fireman with helmet or just man with helmet, man with helmet with fire Oh, with only only two of them too. Only one talked about the balls, because that's the joke. Folks. They all got hanging mushroom. I'm hanging mushroom. Man with helmets yep, and two ice cream scoops or something, man with hamlet with two bowling ball or two bowling balls, and the sisters and the two sisters.
Speaker 2: Any more questions for me?
Speaker 3: Only one? Where is cave of the winds located? Ah, didn't get that one. It's Manitou spring and two springs. The man is it's like a Native American evil spirit.
Speaker 2: Oh okay, The Manitour sounds kind of place man bear Pek would live.
Speaker 3: It was a movie in the nineteen seventy is called The Manatour. It's about this this woman who's like, oh, I've got a weird Timmerman neck. I don't know what it is. And it turns out to be like like she's pregnant on the back of her neck with the Manitou.
Speaker 2: Oh nuddy, you know what movie I saw it? I've never heard of. For the first time, I never heard of. I haven't seen it yet. Alligator from what the eighties? Yeah, man, I was just like, this looks unreal.
Speaker 3: I've got an alligator and alligator jo On DVD at home.
Speaker 2: I need them.
Speaker 3: Okay, I'll bring over a trespass in the Alligator movie.
Speaker 2: Can you bring over Poldergeist too? And I'll let you borrow one of my new ones because I want to watch public. You borrow Poltic Gaston on four K from me? Agent? Oh yeah, yeah, I.
Speaker 3: Thought that was mad.
Speaker 2: Now you get that back.
Speaker 3: I'll drop back, all right, but yeah sure, yeah cool. I thought you want to politicize too, as in the second Politican.
Speaker 2: Where the fun that's guy too, Ago, you'll get it back. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 3: Now it's time for some cheeseypoofs. WHOA, I love cheesypoofs.
Speaker 2: You love cheesypoofs.
Speaker 1: Weed didn't cheesypoofs.
Speaker 2: Weedy started with the amazing KADG with her one hundred dollars support. We've got Glenn Gomez, Justin Parker, Zach Prut, Shanni Macker, Elliott, j O'Neil, Isabella Murphy, Rach Beasley, Stephen Roberts, Sean d V, Pete Anderson, Timothy Burlson, Andrew Davis, Kevin Dental, Planned, Flood, Bello winder Bank, Jack McFadden, Heath Appleby Adrick McCloud March eleven, Ginger and Pickle, Preston, Murray, Tillia, Enriquez, Declan Phoenix, Brian McCoy, Logan b James Shephard, Joe Reading, Sec, Dave Pretzel, McNelly, Gavin Lang, Dannie Miller, Charlie Joe, Abigail b Sharpkater and Craig Alt smash Globster.
Speaker 3: Which one of those cheesy.
Speaker 2: Poofs do you think is mostly reminiscent of the Man Bear Pig?
Speaker 3: It's none of them. It's Adric mclach.
Speaker 4: Just pick one. Sorry man, Sorry, Hedrick. So you go having a memorable name. I was gonna go with Dave prends, with McNally.
Speaker 2: Of course, we love each and every single one of you, all right, So let's get to a review of Man Bear Pig. The original edit of this episode was Abril twenty six, two thousand and sixty Top three films at the US Box Office. When he's aired number three, The Sentinel, Any good, It's.
Speaker 3: All right, it's all right. It's Michael Douglas, Keeper Sutherland. I think Michael Douglas again can't keep it in his pants. He's like a secret Service agent, except he's having an affair with like the first lady. Oh, okay, I think it's Kimbassenger so he could blame him. Yeah, exactly, Yeah, that was Ali Bourne's for a while. Wasn't correct.
Speaker 2: Number two It was scary movie four down to number two and number one is now it's funny we say this Silent Hill.
Speaker 3: It feels very Silent Hills can gelong today, doesn't it? Oh god? It was so incredibly foggy driving It's like a crossto in the mist and Silent Hill silent He was a terrific spooky movie.
Speaker 2: Is it a good movie because of the game. So I said to Nikola, we're walking back from the school, and I said, I feel like Silent Hill, and Nicol goes what I said, Okay, every nineties kid remembers Silent Hill the demo disc. When you brought your PlayStation, you got the Silent Hill demo disc and you put it in and you're on top of this hill and it's just fucking fog everywhere. Get the shit out of here.
Speaker 3: This is the guy pitching the game Silent Hill to the to the company. It's like, imagine in town, it's really fucking foggy.
Speaker 2: That's all.
Speaker 1: For you.
Speaker 3: The kid going, oh shit, I can't see where I'm going. Yeah, the Silent Hill movie is pretty good. Okay, there are other Silent Hill movies that aren't as good.
Speaker 2: You like the Resident Evil films, don't you?
Speaker 3: I do? Hey, do you want to reveal who someone we might be talking to?
Speaker 2: Let's talking to him this morning? Yeah? Oh okay, Honna Strobets.
Speaker 3: This is a filmmaker who has got a movie called Primate Out that's fucked up. Yeah, I was not prepared. But our pal, our new palate Johans my pronouncing the correctly gns.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: He made a resident Evil movie, Recent Evil, Welcome to Raccoon City. It's not bad.
Speaker 2: He made those really popular Shark forty seven below whatever, forty seven meters down yea, And he made a sequel to The Strangers okay.
Speaker 3: Which was pretty good.
Speaker 2: Those forty seven meters down did really well. Oh yeah, I had a lot of money. Is not doing too bad for himself. So he made a killer Well the reason, you body was because he's coming on the media by podcast that's correct. Yes, he's like our pal, and it's like everyone's home is like, why is he your pal?
Speaker 3: Because we're going to do it doing bad movies.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's gonna come on to the podcast. Look at for that one in your feeds as well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but he made a Resident Evil movie that was pretty good.
Speaker 2: Okay, then all right, and that was the number one film at the US box office. It was Silent Hell. Episode written and directed by Trey. Episode kicks off with mister Mackey introducing a guest speaker who nobody remembers.
Speaker 3: Well, no, Dick Cheney. No, he's the current.
Speaker 2: Vice President Bill Clinton. He's Vice President Al Gore, and he's here to warn all the kids about the threat of Man Bear Pig. And of course, when you're the fewer home, you think he's gonna bring up globe warming. No, it's Man Bear Pig.
Speaker 3: Which is half man, half bear, and half pig exactly.
Speaker 1: Some people say that Man Bear Pig isn't real. Well, I'm here to tell you now, Man Bear Pig is very real and he most certainly exists. I'm cereal. Man Bear Pig doesn't care who you are or what you've done. Man Bear Pig simply wants to get you. I'm super cereal.
Speaker 2: They really double down in that cereal.
Speaker 3: They triple down on cereal. I don't know, and it's it doesn't have any sort of link to anything. I don't think he's ever sort of mispronounced anything or anything like that.
Speaker 2: Ah yeah, someone set something funding in the writer's room and thought that'd stick with it. But Gore says he's here to save everybody, and everyone will.
Speaker 3: Say thank you a god, you're awesome. Ye, no, you're super awesome.
Speaker 2: Why does he keep saying excelsior? I know that's what Stanley would say, but.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I mean, does he sort of view himself as a bit of a superhero.
Speaker 2: Because you're trying to be cool.
Speaker 3: He was on an episode of thirty Rock well because NBC during this time with having like their Green Week where it's like we're going to highlight environmental causes on our shows, and they got our Gore to be on thirty Rocks that are talking about it, and as the joke, I think it's like, all a minute, a whale is in trouble, I must away, And they sort of did a bit of a kind of thing, not not as cartoonish as this, but it's like, does Al think himself as like, you know, the man who saves the world?
Speaker 2: I mean that's obviously the way he's being portrayed. He's just taking the mickey out of himself.
Speaker 3: Yes, but he was going excels you or like he's of the words.
Speaker 2: Do you think right now that he actually does He's like, you motherfuckers laughed at me. He didn't take me cereal.
Speaker 3: Yes, here's what I'm probably going to be dead by the time all of them, by the time we're on Fury Roads.
Speaker 2: So it's kind of like Steve Martin's character at the end of the Trash of the Titans Garbage Man episode of The Simpsons. Yeah, yeah, it's like you did this, You're all screwed. You hear the wall on your own mess, goodbye. Good But everyone's confused, like, what's this guy talking about? All the kids at the school and they're playing basketball. What more of this is the kids playing b ball?
Speaker 3: And oh yeah, and.
Speaker 2: Kyle just keeps beating.
Speaker 3: Stab it stop stab a coust, doing what you're supposed to do. I'm gonna do some real Kobe ship moves, just bouncing aside.
Speaker 2: Then we see a point of view shot and we see the silhouette first of what we think is man beat pig. Then the I always call this the Friday of the thirteenth visual. Sure, but you see it from Jason in the camp site and stuff. Yeah, and it turns out it's just Al Gore in a costume. Look what are you doing, dude? He said, he's just spreading awareness with bumper stickers and something else. Can't remember, pins maybe, And he asked them to sign the awareness sheet for their address and their phone numbers, and I was like.
Speaker 3: They make this guy? Yeah the file?
Speaker 2: What's going on here? Fortunately Randy arrives and he drives them home. On the way home, he says not to hang out with that man anymore, and he says, no such thing as man, bad pig. He's just a desperate man looking for attention, Which is I guess the point of this episode without making it correct, the desperate guy looking for attention. So were they not fans of? Were they not Democrats? Parkron Stone?
Speaker 3: I think you'll often find these sort of was it just the individual as opposed to the political party? Maybe? I think that would probably say we're targeting the individual more than actual cause. Yeah, I don't think they have a sort of really aligned with Democrats or Republicans. I think they probably view themselves as more libertarians. It's kind of like, just let us do our thing and them stand about.
Speaker 2: We yeah, stand feeling bad for him. Keep bringing up standsas I feel bad for the guy he's got no friends, because that's kind of their way of sort of saying we should be nice to him. But it's like, no, you're also making him soundpathetic. Yes, yeah, the whole point. It's like near no one likes this guy. Then our Gore course stand in the middle of the night because he signed the form.
Speaker 3: Hell, oh this is oh man, Hi, mister Gore, I was the vice president. I know.
Speaker 1: Can you and your friends make it to an emergency man Bear Pig meeting tomorrow morning. I have some evidence he could be in this area. Look, I'm sorry, but we're all kind of busy. Oh, I get it.
Speaker 2: You don't believe me either.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's not that.
Speaker 2: Nobody believes me.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to word everybody and nobody takes methereal. I just want somebody in the world to take me foreal to for what it's Okay, mister Gore, I believe you. Oh you don't.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm sure.
Speaker 1: Man Bear Pig needs to be stopped I'm just I'm just scared that I can't do anything to stop him, are you seal?
Speaker 3: Yes, I'm cereal.
Speaker 1: Don't worry, we can't stop him. Bring everyone you can to my man, Bearry Pig meeting to me at eight am.
Speaker 2: Sure, so we're nowt the comfort in thirty nine dollars per night, weekday special. So it's a weekday special. Okay, that's a week.
Speaker 3: Day I think they said, yeah, we've got four school mates. Why they're going at eight am?
Speaker 2: Because Stand says Stances. Dad said, well, Stan says, Dad said, it's not real. The man, of course it's real. And then he says, we've got a there's a warning comes up on the arm at the cave of the winds and he says he can get them excuse from school if you come and join me there. And he comes like, oh wait a minute, you have that kind of power. At least they acknowledge why the kids weren't at school. Sure he got them out of it, and then saying that though, did he just say that? The whole story? If you really look into it, it's like, we don't know who the four boys are, Like, could it possibly the four boys? If you didn't go to school and now are missing good boy. But they're at the cave of the winds now and the tour guy introduces former Vice President Al Gore. Mister girl asked me to make sure you'll knew you was here a good couple of Yeah, actually, this is one of my favorite moments. Let's go cave it.
Speaker 3: But that's what you have to be like. Yeah, I mean, if that was that's good, keep it.
Speaker 2: Because we went to the zoo over the school holidays and we did the Safari tour twice, and the guy doing the tour was cracking some of the same jokes, but he cracking different jokes. I'm like, this guy's jobs has to come up with new material every fucking time he drives his bus. And I'm like, I'm like, this dude loves his job. He takes a cereal. Yeah it does.
Speaker 3: Do they have Do they have cool new animals at the zoo? No? No, okay, same old Yeah, that's all right. I mean they're still driving animals.
Speaker 2: I mean they've got the the elephant enclosure there.
Speaker 3: Now. Do they have new cubs? I thought they had new cubs or something or we were.
Speaker 2: Talking on a Safari part Oh yeah, safari parts. I mean, I think that a rhino baby actually, but it's just the same type of animals. But yeah, rhino baby. Seeing a rhino in real life, you're like, holy shita man. And you see their pile of ship and you're like, holy ship.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he turned to Jeff Goblin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the elephant enclosure is really cool because they used to be the Melbourne Zoo into sort of a smallish.
Speaker 3: Enclosure a little. Now it's like an African plane. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Good for that, and there's a walkway all the way through the middle of it.
Speaker 3: I might have to go back to the zoo, it's been a while since.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they're just hanging out their feet and Elliott could not get enough of when they're doing this. He's like, they're waving at me.
Speaker 3: So he'd walk over and he waved to the elephant and the elephant like lift his chunk up. He's like, holy shit, the elephant waved to.
Speaker 2: Me, and I'm like, you know what, maybe they are waving a smart man.
Speaker 3: Elephants are pretty smart yeah, and also vengeful. Yeah, but it looked like it was smart and I was like, good day, you say. Ali thought it was the greatest fucking thing in the world. The fact that this elephant waved to him. There's a laid his day. There are a lot of problems with zoos, but they're also just a great way for children, but people of all ages to learn empathy for animal friends just get a bit of exposure. It's kind of like, wow, check that out.
Speaker 2: I mean these enclosures are massive. Oh yeah, yeah, oh yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean much rather have like an open range zoo than yeah, little confined for those listeners at home, it's an open range zoo basically, yeah it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, thats there. Got plenty of space to run around. But so they've got to the cave of the Wins. They're starting their tour. Let's go Keevan and the kids asked, oh, he asked the kids to look out for droppings man bear pee droppings. It's like a pig droppings, but more man bear like. And then the tour shows off the various rocks that look like penises, hanging mushroom men with hammelet, two bowling balls, and the two sisters. Then our gore yells out, which I thought was like a mating call or something. Yeah, he's young, just being disruptive.
Speaker 3: To the tour and he thinks he's found his hiding place and he walks off the tour, and the tour then shows the wind. Take a picture of the wind, Stephen. They always nail that aspect of just what was it once they can't.
Speaker 2: There's something it's just but it's just like the mundane aspects of life.
Speaker 3: Take a picture of the winds.
Speaker 2: Yes, something like that. Gore then thinks it's man bear pig, so he shoots the roof and causes the cave that collaps and traps the boys inside, and he boils at himself as well and saves himself. Have you ever been on a tour where someone's just being really annoying. We went on a ghost tour once. In the entire time there was these two young guys just trying to spoil. We know, we know this is just pretend, it's just for fun, but they're going, You're like, shut the fuck, calm down, man, Yeah, just trying to spoot people throwing rocks on the ford. And there's like because those kids, kids like that, and they're like having the greatest time in their life, and I'm like, shut up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've been on occasions where you know someone has been asking questions that are more in the form of a statement. Yeah, and they're kind of doing it like this, but where it's just I was like, I did my research before. We actually know more than you. Hey, we're working on this together, mate. It's like, no, you're not.
Speaker 2: Only one of them is getting paid here, mate, and it ain't you. What is just Studio always say there's only one attitude in this room, and it's man. When we come back from commercial and Cartman is blaming stand because you know, you stand, You're the reason we came here. You got stuck. And they split up to look for a passageway and Campman comes across smugglers Dan with all the treasure, and I was like, oh, ship, but if you've legitimately found treasure, like, would you tell anybody?
Speaker 3: Depends what kind?
Speaker 2: Yeah, because well you're gonna cash it at some point, don't you. Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Old gold balloons. And it's like, I can't take these down to bending Go bank. I can't put them through the coin machine, which I did, by the way, I told you, Yeah, how good is it?
Speaker 2: That's pretty good?
Speaker 3: Except oh, I got like a third of the way through my coins and it got it filled up and they said, we can't take any more. What what's coming on?
Speaker 2: Here? My coins?
Speaker 3: What the fuck am I gonna do with it? It's been a little seats saying here's this amount of money, but we can't take anymore. It's like, what do I do? Like? And I went to the back and said, oh, we can fix that up. And I got something close to two hundred bucks like five cent pieces.
Speaker 2: Where do you find five cent pieces anymore?
Speaker 3: You in the cash machine at the corner of Backo on Maberdeen Streets. That's where you find it?
Speaker 2: What is this?
Speaker 3: There was another guy behind me it was doing the same thing. It's like, wow, people are people are hurting? Hey, so would be a patrin As. We'll say, well if I found treasure? Yeah, no, you'd have to. Yeah, it's weird, isn't Where would you go?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Where do you cash it in?
Speaker 2: Like? Where do you take it to to find out it's actual value and stuff? You cops?
Speaker 3: Do you go to like some government agency?
Speaker 2: Is there? The problem is that that does the real owner then come and claim it? What happens? Yeah?
Speaker 3: That's right?
Speaker 2: Do you find it? Is it now? Yours? Is the finest keepers losers weep. Is that how it works in the real world?
Speaker 3: That is actually yes, in the bilag, I don't know, but hey, if anyone does know, if you found treasure, let us know. Let me out.
Speaker 2: Park Mailbag at gmail.
Speaker 3: Dog by the way, if you know what to do with treasure.
Speaker 2: Speaking of mail south Park Mailbag at gmail dot com setting your questions for the upcoming mail bag episode, I've gone down to South Park, please do But Cartman then tells them, you know, go ahead, I'll I'll stick around here and I'll guard the place, and stands like, yeah, because that's that's usually what you're supposed to do. One of this has to stay put. Don't go anywhere whilst we go. Fine for passageways, he says, don't go over there cause I just took a huge dub. Oh dude, sick. Then Gore interrupts the rescue and he says, it's a bigger problem than the cave in. It's manbaar pig and just yeah, being a nuisance overall nuisance.
Speaker 3: Now, as we sometimes say about comedy in particular's outpack like maybe that's the point, Maybe you know, it's our Gore was sort of pushing his agenda all the time, when when other people were like, we got other things to worry about right now.
Speaker 2: That's a twenty eighty population problem.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a twenty twenty six problem.
Speaker 2: Yes, sure is. Yes. Then he goes to he keeps taking a crap and he's a crap crap, crap, crap crap, and the boys are all asleep and Cartman's he thinks, are all against him. You think change it, don't you? Yes, face to face of Kyle Kyle A love that. The visual of Kyle is slope, waking up, going coming, what are you doing?
Speaker 3: I love carm and saying he been then good. Yeah, that's pretty funny. That was actually gonna be one of my favorite moments.
Speaker 2: The rescue team then tell Gorge just calm down, buddy, and they ask him for suggestions, like what do you think we should do? And he wants to fill the cave with hot molten lead and the same things that's going to kill the boys.
Speaker 3: Yes, we already went to killing.
Speaker 2: Inside, they're already dead. Don't worry about them, and starts coming nobody will listen to me, I'm soon and then the guy start feeling sorry from.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, this guy's are pathetic. Well again, I mean that's you know, Gore might be saying, Okay, look, a lot of our industries might add a lot of our current industries might suffer as a result of, say, implementing eco friendly prolcies.
Speaker 2: But you know that's the price you pay. I mean, it turns out he was actually right. So imagine how much have felt at the time, going, why is no one taking me seriously? Yeah, can you see this?
Speaker 3: There's a point to it. I read something not long ago. I mean it was really kind of sobering in terms of like, oh, look, I think a lot of people in the heart of hearts are thinking it would be great to transfer to renewables and all that kind of stuff. It's not just oh, we've got to close the coal plants or the coal mines or whatever. It's like, there's there's a huge infrastructure surrounding everything that we've created. In terms of our current sort of power demands, it's not just beings, it's trillions of dollars, and that means shutting all that down or winding all that back jobs jobs. Yeah, I mean, we built a rod for our own backseat, folks. Sorry, there's a real down up, which is why no one took him, Sireal. We just why no one took Ago Cereal, Like, I don't want.
Speaker 2: To be sad think about this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want to. I'd rather be part of the problem than part of the solution.
Speaker 2: Not things.
Speaker 3: Well said.
Speaker 2: The cartment is now swallowing all the treasure. It reminds me of watched Border Security. Oh and it's like, do you have anything inside?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 2: It cuss like so and so I had eighty palettes of cocaine inside their ains. You're like, how did you get it in there? It's like all these palates.
Speaker 3: You're like, have you not been watching Euphoria? Do you do you watch that show?
Speaker 2: I saw one tweet yesterday and I was like, watching the final upisode of you four is like watching a porno.
Speaker 3: Or something something like that. Yeah, but I've never watched a single episode of it, nor have I in all honesty, but I was up to speed with what they were doing at this new season. One of them was Zendaya's character apparently is in debt to a drug dealer and she has to smuggle drugs across the border Fantinel across the border from Mexico, to the US, and what you do is you pack a bit of it into condoms and then you swall It's all condoms that you see the pier. Initially, I think people thinking like, oh, so you just jam it up your ass, Like no, no, you swallow it out and then you, you know, take a whole bunch of men a muslin wolf.
Speaker 2: Because it's always so funny. It's not funny, but you see the guys who are sort of uncomfortable in line, that's something like.
Speaker 3: Because they've shipped themselves or they're white.
Speaker 2: It's going to explode because once they find its, like we did get into it the hospital right.
Speaker 3: Now, Yeah, because one of those RUMs is about to rupture and he's gonna have a stomach full of fen And.
Speaker 2: Yes, because I like there was so many catch facks.
Speaker 3: We're talking about the Simpsons one on the dumb.
Speaker 2: I've seen things all the time. Now, since that must make you, I can't possibly say anything else besides thanks, as we're saying, cartman swallowing all the treasure, he's gonna try and smuggle it out inside of him so no one else knows about it. The boy's hearing coughinge like he's really really sick. Then it's a news report and it's still three days away from Smuggler's Den. There's a great review of the place where we take fetters at the fake treasure and I'm like, oh, ship and they hurt. The boys follow the first rule of survival, and that is to stay put. Then Kyle points out they cart and he's not well and he's just really fad loaded, yeah, all bloated. Yeah, and I think they need to find a way out. We come up from Commercial and the boys are now they say we're going to live in behind it. You can't leave behind Now. When it come up with Commercial, he's been dragged up, I thought, oh, they rescue the boys. Is no, it's the boys are dragging cartment up the cliff. Only critique about this scene, where the hell did they get that rope from?
Speaker 3: Maybe from smugglers? Then oh that's true, Yeah, okay.
Speaker 4: Can I he's so heavy here, you getta get me out of here?
Speaker 1: What the hell was that card? Then you got you gotta get.
Speaker 2: Me at Then our gore diverts the river and floods the cave and the boys, now too tired to go on, they see the water entered it's like, ah, where where fucked the rescuers then pull the pin there like we can't possibly save him. Now it's all flooded. The boys will be dead, and our God is glad. Now nothing's left alive down there. I've done my job. I've killed man bear Pig, and I've saved the earth from certain destruction. Everyone's gonna be super stiked with me now, even if they don't know it. Then Kyle is trying to save Carton. This is what you say, Okay, kick me, and then they just they sink down cust the al Gore holding. Now a funeral service for the boys. Memorial service for the boys outside the front of the cave.
Speaker 3: Are their names again?
Speaker 2: Kid one, Kid two, Kid three, and who could possibly forget Kid four? Kid four? And he says we've beaten man bed Pig. And then the boys break through the rocks, so they just save themselves in the end. Essentially, Yes burst through the rocks themselves, standing vents at al Gore and says this is why you have no friends and you only use man bed Pig to get attention because you're a loser. I was like, oh, this is this feels watch she's in twenty twenty sixty watching going You're So Wrong. Yeah, it also.
Speaker 3: Feels weirdly personal. I mean, why are some offended by Devil's having a time ding ding ding? Maybe they were mad. It's like, if you'd run a better campaign, or you're more persuasive as president, we wouldn't be in the bush.
Speaker 2: Yes, I don't reckon. That's the thing. I don't forget that.
Speaker 3: Look, i'm not saying. I'm not saying. It's they've come out and.
Speaker 2: Said they didn't think Globe a Woman was legit, and that's why they made the episode to apologize to it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but anyway, he tells they tell Cartman to go see a doctor, and then he just ships out all the treasure, which is fake. Obviously. I said that it's worth about fourteen dollars. He just shits it all out, and Gore says, well, all my work here is done. Now I'm going to make a movie starring myself and people will take me seal And what's the movie?
Speaker 3: He's called Inconvenient Truth, Venient Truth, Yes, starring himself. Well he's in it, certainly. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Did he actually make the movie or was he just in it?
Speaker 3: I don't think he directed it, but he's I think he's a producer of it or Convenient Truth. When did they come out two and six? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Did he come out before after this episode? It came out forty, so it was coming out after the Simpson. Yeah, it must have kneen he was.
Speaker 3: I imagine he was on like the publicity trailers, saying I made a movie about the about the environment.
Speaker 2: Oscar winning documentary about the environment, featuring the unlikeliest of movie stars, former president candidate Al Gore. He holds the film together as in front of an audience and with a few bits, with a few aids beyond photo slides, he explains how humans have messed up the planet, got issues an urgent warning on what must be done and done quickly to save the earth, and that's the that.
Speaker 3: But then we did listen. I guess what we didn't listen.
Speaker 2: We didn't listen, all right. So that is our review of Man Bad Pig. I thought it was a pretty there episode. It's always did you.
Speaker 3: Say man or there there? Man there? But the thing is apparently in I don't I'm not a gamer, but apparently in red Den Redemption, the Western radio games, there is a red Den Redemption, Red Dead, Red Dead, Redemption come up with a better title that the ones. Hard to say it. It features a creature that looks like a cross thereen, a human, a bear, and a pig changed or wall. So someone liked this episode.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed? Yes? All right? So yeah, as I've said the last couple of episodes we've recorded, going into them, I was just like, I wasn't feeling this episode, didn't really like. I think I had more fun talking about it than actually watching it.
Speaker 3: It's fun to make this fun to make this show.
Speaker 2: Indeed, yes, but that has been our review of Man Bad Pig. Don't forget you can't continue to Please support us on Patreon for a little as just one dollar per month. All your support would be much appreciated. Find a link that in the description of this podcast and check out all our other podcasts as while we haven't already four fingered discount plenty of fun guests on there recently, haven't we We haven't Jake Cogan, the writer of our last Exit to Springfield, We had ol G on the show. Lots of yes, lot some comedians as well' got some good guest line up in the coming weeks.
Speaker 3: I ran into my former personal trainer. There's a reason he's my former personal trainer because I'm lazy. But he fan of the show. He said, you guys had some great guests. I said, yeah, we sure had keep listening and consider being a patriot. He was like, I gotta go. New client, who dis But this particular person enjoyed the show, so maybe you will too.
Speaker 2: Yes, you want to tell the people at home what you're doing now because they are also a fan of the of the of the page and what we do. You're now hosting things.
Speaker 3: Oh, oh your side, gig, your side, hustle, talk about it. Oh my celebriancy. Yeah, profession guys got a gig. He's face a funeral. Yes, I'm yes doing it a couple of days. Yeah, it's come together at a very short notice. But I am going to.
Speaker 2: A full cart when I'm told to go today. Yah, we've been.
Speaker 3: Fair well no, no, no, I'll be taking it very super serial. It's a It's a great honor and a great responsibility and something I look forward to doing and looking forward to doing even more.
Speaker 2: And don't forget to continue to Please send in your questions. It is south parkmail Bag at gmail dot com. Send them all through and we will answer them in the next episode of the south Park on south Pak mail Bag. The next episode of south Park we shall be reviewing here on the podcast is Oh, I'm I remember what a bizarre Yes, and the Dog Whisperer. Yes, yeah, I never watched an episode. I looked at him, like, this has to be bullshit.
Speaker 3: I'm pretty sure I interviewed Czar back in the day when I was running about TV that.
Speaker 2: He was like, you know, when reality shows were sort of starting to really break out. He's on the Dog the Bounty Hunter season, on The Dog Whisperer. You realize these are different things reality shows. Oh yeah, yeah, they're all like personalities, and you're like, you watch it because of the personalities.
Speaker 3: You were like, Dog the bound is an actual dog. He's not.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, no, you have personalities.
Speaker 3: The only thing connecting the Dog Whisperer and Dog the Bandy Udder is the word dog. I'll just reality shows. Okay, yes, I think I knew what you What was that?
Speaker 2: The Simple Life of Parasit now the reality shows, it's absolutely fucking nobody's like. You watch TV and you see the ads for reality TV is these days reality shows and you're.
Speaker 3: Like, who was watching these guys? Who cares? What are you? Are you not interested in watching Tody from Neighbors and Nat Bass from Rogue Traders in sas Australia versus UK. I don't. I don't even know what that means. What is essay?
Speaker 2: What are you saying to me?
Speaker 3: You're aware of this thing called the ESA is right? The special airs? The TV show? Well, yeah, it's them? What is it? There's a thing. Yeah, the Sas have basically got They've got a couple of extra away so they have their own show now, the Sas. What it is is they get a bunch of celebrities on like we're can I put you through the SaaS? Oh no, gawding, You're not going to do that.
Speaker 2: That's hilarious.
Speaker 3: They've been not a few years and it used to be kind of like the redemption to a thing they'd have Like I don't have Ben Cousins wherever on it, but I think Craig mcglock was on some stage after he got on all that trouble. It's kind of like we need to see Craig mcglochlin get punished and if we can't do it in the courts, it'll be like, oh, he's been through so much, you know, because they'll have bits where it's like, okay, you've got a zip line across this canyon, and then it's.
Speaker 2: Like if you do it, I give you fifty bucks.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, and then it's like, oh yeah, I just I never felt like really loved or respect or anything like that. And people have like it's like, you know, in what do you call it, I'm a celebrity, to get me out of here. It's you know, you'd never watch a single episode. I've seen one or two and it sucks. But they have like one or two challenges. Oh my god, an insects open, and then they have the big campfire talks and they reveal shit.
Speaker 2: About it, just like Survivor or Fear Factor.
Speaker 3: It's like that's exactly what it's like. Yeah, might we get to talking about that reality TV. But that's the only thing that I have, like stars on it, except that I had really stars.
Speaker 2: It's like it's the guys that used to be on like the twenty Top twenties. Well, this moment, as I said, totally from neighbors.
Speaker 3: Yeah, who apparently runs a farm down around this part of the world now apparents near Colok or something. Eh Tony, I mean, he was just sort of chubby dude with an ugly ass mullet and then he cut off the mullet and he lost a little bit away.
Speaker 2: It's like, good for you, good for you, all right, So that is that man pick next episode. It's miss any by the words for those incredible listeners out there, Excelsi