Speaker 1: This is Dan Caplis and welcome to today's online podcast edition of The Dank Caplis Show. Please be sure to give us a five star rating if you'd be so kind, and to subscribe, download, and listen to the show every single day on your favorite podcast platform. The map the way is that Michael Bennett should not be the governor of Colorado, and it looks today as if he's likely to be the Democrat nominee. He announced today most critically, though Joe Negoose was there to back him, and no Goose could have the nomination if he wanted it. And so the sense that I get right now is that this thing is probably wired for Bennett. It'll be interesting to see if Wiser even stays in the race, because what's going to happen now is if it looks like Bennett is the likely nominee, then at that point you're going to have all of these people engaging in body part kissing to try to position themselves, you know, to then be appointed to be Bennett's successor in the US Senate in the last two years of his term, should Bennett win.
Speaker 2: So, if this is.
Speaker 1: Headed the direction it appears to be at this point, and the Democrat nominee is going to be Michael Bennett. I think it is fair to say he is one of the last people on the face of the earth who should be the governor of Colorado. I mean, you look at this state right now, and you look at everything that we're up against, and whoever it is, you know, whichever party, you need somebody with ability. You need somebody who has the skill set and the tools to actually go out and get things done. Nobody has ever done less with more in the US Senate than Michael Bennett. Ryan, could you trademark that just in case.
Speaker 2: I like that? Okay, thank you, But it's true.
Speaker 1: I'm sure he's a nice guy, and I'm sure he's a great dad.
Speaker 2: Now I'm not saying he's a bad human. I'm saying he's one.
Speaker 1: Of the worst possible people on earth to serve as governor of Colorado. So not only do you have a guy who demonstrably he's proven it, he lacks the skill set necessary for this job. I consider myself a nice guy. I consider myself somebody who has some skills. But I will not I will not be a small forward for the Denver Nuggets tonight. I just don't have the skills necessary for that job. I would be a better small forward for the Nuggets than Bennett would be governor of the state of Colorado. And truly, all of these years in the Senate, what has he accomplished. Not only has he not accomplished anything, he hasn't even had any impact. But beyond that, here's the worst part of all. His ideas are horrible. If he was able to accomplish the things he believed in, it would be terrible for this day.
Speaker 2: This is a guy Ryan. Shouldn't somebody be able.
Speaker 1: To win the race on this alone? Oh, by the way, this is all you have to say. At the debate, maybe two things right. He voted against the Lake and Riley Act. I mean, this is a guy who for years has done things that have made it very hard, if not impossible, to deport illegal aliens who commit crimes. This is a guy who wants a wide open border. This is a guy who mocked the idea of Trump's wall at the border. This guy is so far left. And I understand the sheep's clothing kind of thing, but I think people right now are so upset about what Bennett and the rest of these lefties engineered at the border and all the criminals who float in all the TDA stuff in Colorado night right now, because of Bennett and people like him, I don't think people are in the mood for the moderate act from a guy who has proven through all these things he said and all these votes he's cast, including against the Lake and Riley Act, how radically pro illegal immigrant, how radically pro criminal illegal.
Speaker 2: Immigrant he is.
Speaker 1: So yeah, this guy should not be governor three or three someone three eight, two, five five. And then we get to temperament, right, because you may be saying yourself, well, Okay, he's got all these bad ideas and he doesn't have the skills, and he's really unaccomplished.
Speaker 2: But now he's he's got the right temperament. No, he doesn't. I mean this is typical.
Speaker 1: This is like Polis, This is like so many of these other Democrats, like Bennet himself, all of these people who live in this media bubble where they're protected, right, they're not fighters. They can't take a punch, and so if they ever had the ability to, they've lost it. Those muscles have just gone flabby because they just don't allow themselves to be challenged. And we've seen that over and over again with these Colorado Democrats. When they go out in the real world, they get out, they get out of the bubble. So here is Michael Bennett today. I mean, it's all controlled right, this is his announcement. It's not a debate somewhere, and the most mild mannered, down the middle reporter you will ever find, Rob Dawson from the eight fifty KOA Newsroom, asks him a very simple questionquestion about a criticism that he's not in the state often enough. Now listen for two things. Listen for the tone and listen for the substance, because on tone you'll hear him become immediately very agitated over a pretty simple, fair question, and then he says stuff that just isn't true. So he flips out over a question like this.
Speaker 3: By your critics say they don't spend enough time in the state and some people may not really know you.
Speaker 4: Do you feel like, I think that's just absolute nonsense. There isn't anybody who has spent more time in Colorado that I have as a state wide elected official.
Speaker 2: Unbelievable. He gets agitated and.
Speaker 1: As that's absolute nonsense, and then says something provably false. No state wide elected officials spent more time in the state than he has just nonsense stuff. So this is going to beautiful, right, And that's on the first day of the campaign, before it even starts to get rough.
Speaker 2: So listen, I don't.
Speaker 1: Want any of these lefties as governor, okay, because their ideas are so bad. But when you're governor, it's not like when you're senator, and okay, you occupy that space. And he's a reliable vote for the far left in his party and he doesn't have the skills or influence to get anything done, so he's otherwise kind of a waste of space. You know, all right, you'd rather have a conservative, you'd rather have a Republican. But at that point, at least he's a lefty who's not doing much harm because he doesn't have the skill and ability to But if you're governor, the state needs you to be good. And if it's gonna be a lefty who's elected, you still need somebody who's got the skills and ability and leadership qualities and persuasive a abilities to lead the state through some of the tough times, disasters, et cetera. That every state experience is the last thing you need is a guy like this who just doesn't have the skills and is thoroughly unaccomplished in public life. Three or three someone three eight two five five text d A N five seven seven three nine Texters are fired up this afternoon, Dan aoc absence of capability that from No Code Dan, I would respectfully disagree. I think she's capable of doing great things for the right and has done that consistently. Dan for governor exclamation point, Dan, nobody can debate you. Come on, Please dice him up, Dan, Please learn'n for governor. You will kick his word. We can't say on air, Dan, I'd be proud of vote for you as our next governor. No Code Dan, Thank you then, man, that is that makes my day. Thank you for that and appreciate that very much. What do other folks have to say today?
Speaker 2: Dan? Or Ryan?
Speaker 1: Where can I find Michael Bennett interview with Rob Dawson? Is that full thing posted?
Speaker 5: I need to ask? Yeah, I think he probably is, but I'll text Robert.
Speaker 2: Let's get that.
Speaker 1: Because also Rob told me that as I mentioned that, Bennett's saying he's going to appoint his successor to the US Senate. And this is another reason Bennett should not be governor. My lord man, you talk about oblivious, mister oblivious, it's not mister oblivious, it's mister rich and titled guy.
Speaker 2: Right. So you grow up in d stc.
Speaker 1: Among the aloof Democrat elite, and that's how he grew up as a kid, and you just get this entitlement attitude. So think about this full of blank entitlement attitude that he has. All Right, he gets elected to a US Senate seat by the people of Colorado. What did they elect him to do? To go work for him? So now he's going to spend the next couple of years running for governor. But is he going to leave the US Senate so somebody can be there doing that job.
Speaker 2: No, he's not going to do that. He's not going to do.
Speaker 1: That because what if he loses the race for governor. Right, So he's not going to do that. He's going to hold onto that seat while he's back here running for governor. And then he tells Rob Dawson says, he said he Michael Bennett plans to appoint his successor. Think about that arrogant, elitist royal attitude. That is, so he's not going to do the job that people elected him to do. He's going to hold onto that job so he can then decide who succeeds him rather than Jared poulis remarkable, But that is the attitude and that that should help somebody beat Michael Bennett.
Speaker 2: You're on the Dan Kapla Show.
Speaker 5: And now back to the Dan Kaplas Show podcast.
Speaker 1: You know, we all we all have some of our playlists, right, we all have that kind of pump up list that you play when you have to pump up.
Speaker 2: And I've got mine for going to court.
Speaker 5: And well do you think Michael Bennett plays to get himself pumped up? Dan?
Speaker 1: I said it without my kind of opera, you know, some kind of I'm going to go with a music thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: You talk about a guy who should be the last guy to be governor of the state of Colorado.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Can you imagine anybody who's more out of touch with the real people of Colorado than Michael Bennett life experience, his beliefs, his attitudes, his ideology. And I understand the sheep's clothing thing, but but I think a good GOP candidate is going to be able to unmass that.
Speaker 6: He's not a Native Colorado. Not that you have to be, but he's not, so he doesn't have that box check. Other than that too, Dan, you know he comes from you don't call white privilege. He comes from just privilege of East Coast Ivy League education, silverspoon in his mouth, you know, that whole thing.
Speaker 1: Which would be absolutely fine with me if he was one of those people who came from all that silverspoon privilege and then dedicated their life to helping other people. But he hasn't done that because I got nothing against that. Listen, no matter what your background is, or who your daddy was or anything like that, all the matters is what you have done with your life.
Speaker 2: And who you are now.
Speaker 1: And you know it's true, Ryan, because you and I are rock rib blue collar guys, and we are proud of that upbringing him. We're grateful for it. Wouldn't have it any other way. The greatest parents, the greatest upbringing in the world. But we both know plenty of people who were born into privilege like that and then they devoted their lives to helping other people.
Speaker 2: Right, he ain't one of those guys.
Speaker 1: He is a far lefty of privilege by privilege for privilege, trying to pull a con on the people of Colorado.
Speaker 6: And just look at his resume if you want to look for experience and accomplishments. What happened to the schools under his watch where he was superintendent?
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is the least accomplished person to ever run for that office that I know of, of people who have had opportunities. I mean, you know, he's been in the US Senate for years. What has he accomplished? And if he's going to run on what he accomplished at DPS, might as well forfeit the race to whoever the GOP nominee is.
Speaker 6: Right, would you say Phil Wiser is more accomplished than Michael Bennett?
Speaker 1: You know, No, No, I wouldn't in this sense. Okay, listen, I mean Phil Wiser has done some things.
Speaker 2: He's an impressive.
Speaker 1: Cat in his own way in that kind of far left world. I mean, with Phil Wiser, at least you can look at him and say, if I remember right, I think Phil Wiser was a US Supreme Court clerk, you know, I think for a couple of different justices, correct, And so I would never I would never say phil Wiser is an unaccomplished person at all, because of you don't get those kind of jobs unless you have worked your tail off for it and unless you have some real high level ability. Now, unfortunately phil Wiser is a lefty and so those ideas are bad for this. But I wouldn't no, I wouldn't say he's an unaccomplished guy.
Speaker 2: He went out, he worked as tail That was my question. He got those jobs?
Speaker 6: Is he phil Wiser more accomplished? Does he have more accomplishments than Senator Michael Oh?
Speaker 1: Yes, yes, says yes, infinitely more. Now listen, what has he done as AG. He's running as a people's lawyer. Give me a break. A pro tip to phil Wiser.
Speaker 2: You know you want to be the people's lawyer. You want to call yourself the people's lawyer. Go to friggin court.
Speaker 1: You want to call yourself the people's lawyer. You gotta go to court. You have to man up, you have to have the guts, you gotta walk through that gate, and you gotta stand up there in front of the world and expose yourself to a big fight.
Speaker 2: And go fight for the people.
Speaker 1: You cannot be the people's lawyer from the Ivory Tower.
Speaker 2: It doesn't work that way.
Speaker 1: But in terms of accomplishment, you have Phil Wiser, an accomplished person. As a g I would say not, but he's an accomplished person.
Speaker 2: Michael Bennett's just.
Speaker 1: Nobody has ever done less with more than Michael Bennett. I'm sure he's a great guy, great father, great husband, all that fun stuff beautiful. I like to think of myself as a great father and a great husband. But it doesn't mean I should replace jokicch in the lineup tonight. You know, you got to have the skill set for the job and just shockingly unaccomplished. But it does look like the Democrat establishment is lining up behind him.
Speaker 2: So what do you think. How long is Wiser in the race?
Speaker 6: It's looking more and more Dan, Jason Crowe, Joe no Goose, Mike Johnston, other Democratic dignitaries, if you want to call them that. In the state of Colorado, they're all lining up behind Michael Bennett. And I can't think of one that's come out and endorsed Phil Wiser unless you can.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And I think he runs them out. I mean hard to say, but he may run him out pretty quickly. And again I go back to I go back to the the fact that all these Democrats assume that the Democrat's going to be governor. So they all assume that Bennett's going to be governor. And they all assume then that somebody is going to be appointed to fill out the last two years of Bennett's term, and they all assume that person's then going to be a US Senator for a long time. So that's this entitlement elitist kind of assumption you've got going on the left. So Phil Wiser may very well fall into line with all those people now who are going to be kissing body parts trying to line up to get appointed to Michael Bennett's last two years.
Speaker 2: And if you're.
Speaker 1: Wiser sitting there right now, you can see the writing on the wall here right, and you probably see your money starting to dry up.
Speaker 2: And then what happens You.
Speaker 1: Start to think, well, wait a second, if I pull out and back Bennett now, then maybe I'm the lead horse in that race to get appointed to his seat. And so maybe that causes a quick withdrawal here for Phil Wiser.
Speaker 2: And all I'm.
Speaker 1: Saying is this is a guy the Republicans can beat, and they need to beat. I mean, wow, just when you think it can't get any worse than Jared Polis, it could.
Speaker 2: It could in the form of Michael Bennett.
Speaker 1: Dan am I mistaken or isn't governor a statewide elective office. Bennett's even slapping his fellow Senator Higginlooper in the face. I suspect Corey Gardner spent more time in the state in one term.
Speaker 2: That from Peter in the Springs, and he's right.
Speaker 1: And this goes to some fun sound you have to hear Rob Dawson from the News or mess Bennett a very simple, fair question.
Speaker 2: Hey, some people say you're not in the state that much.
Speaker 1: Bennett gets agitated with him and then says something provably false, say they don't spend.
Speaker 2: That time in the state, and some people may not really know you.
Speaker 4: You feel like, I think that's just absolute nonsense. There isn't anybody who has spent more time in Colorado that I have as.
Speaker 2: A state wide office holder.
Speaker 1: Oh mg, And again this is like the first day of the race, eighty degree day, beautiful Denver.
Speaker 2: Here's the thing. Bennett can't take a.
Speaker 1: Punch, None of these democrats can. I'm talking rhetorically of course, right, because they've lived in this protective media bubble where no criticism is allowed, no tough questions.
Speaker 2: Are allowed, etc.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure he plans to go through this race the exact same way, just insulated by the Colorado media, all of his money, everything else. But again, and I'd like to know from somebody literally, Democrat, Republican, it doesn't matter. Has anybody ever done less with more than Michael Bennett?
Speaker 2: What is he actually accomplished?
Speaker 1: And governor a hands on job, Right, You've got a multitask, you got a lot to deal with, You've got these crisis you've got emergencies, you've got statewide emergencies.
Speaker 2: What has he ever accomplished? You're on the Dan Kepler.
Speaker 5: Show, you're listening to the Dan Kaplis Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Thing Wired, and that he's going to be their nominee.
Speaker 1: And I say to you, he is one of the last people in America who should be the governor of the great state of Colorado. And truly ask yourself this, literally, who has ever done less with more than Michael Bennett. Hey, let's go to the VIP line and welcome Congressman Jeff Heard back to the show.
Speaker 2: Congressman. How you doing, my friend?
Speaker 7: Hey Dan, greeting from Rifle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, boyd, what a beautiful day there. Huh.
Speaker 7: It's gorgeous out here on the western slope. I got back home late last night, and I've already been up in northwest Colorado today in Massa County and making my way back home. But it's gorgeous. It's this is the real Colorado out here in the west.
Speaker 6: Man.
Speaker 2: It's unbelievable, isn't it.
Speaker 1: We have this little cabin I go to to prepare for trials, and I've been up there all week until last night, and it was so hard to leave because, as you know, spring is sprung right, and so the elk are like making their way up to the cabin with every bit of melting snow, just looking for the new grass. And it's just so incredible. But nice to be at a breakaway from that.
Speaker 2: To spend some time with us.
Speaker 1: So you made news during the week talking about tariff, So give everybody, if you would, your take on teriffs.
Speaker 7: Yeah. So, Dan, first of all, I fully support President Trump's efforts to onshore domestic manufacturing, primarily the critical manufacturing that's essential for economic security, for national security, beating China, growing American jobs, making sure that other countries aren't discriminating against us when it comes to buying American goods. But I'm a constitutional conservative, and so under Article one, Section eight of the Constitution, it's.
Speaker 3: Clear that Congress has the tariff.
Speaker 7: Power, and so I have some legislation that would just ensure Congress has a role when it comes to implementing tariff policy and making sure that we do it strategically and thoughtfully in a way that benefits America. So that's probably what folks have been seen in the news, but it's part of a broader agenda that we're working on dan with the President, with Republicans, delivering on the things that we promised when we were running, and I'm excited to be a part of it, and we're making good progress.
Speaker 1: Well, everybody takes an old poll of the Constitution, right, and so everybody's going to act in accordance with that. But as you've acknowledged, the president's not acting unconstitutionally. I believe at this point Congress has ceeded certain power, so as I understand, So could you explain to folks kind of how presidents from both parties ended up with this tariff power.
Speaker 7: Well, there's lots of different provisions in federal law that where Congress has farmed out the tariff authority. The specific law that the president is using is the International Economic Emergency Powers.
Speaker 3: Acted in nineteen seventy seven.
Speaker 7: And that is a statute that allows the president to address certain situations. And one of the things I'm looking at from my perspective of the member of Congress.
Speaker 3: Is just making sure that when the President is Actress.
Speaker 7: As an authority understatutory law, that Congress has delegated that authority, and some of the stuff we're seen now may go beyond that, and I just want to make sure that one of the ways that we address the abuses that are happening comes with congressional authority. And so that's what my statute would do, would just restore that proper balance with the legislative branch, consistent again with Article one, Section eight of the Constitution, which is pretty clear that these powers are with the legislative branch.
Speaker 1: Congressman Jeff heard our guests, and then Congressman how would that work as a practical matter, would would every tariff then have to be approved by a majority vote in Congress, would the Senate have any role?
Speaker 2: How would all that work?
Speaker 7: Well, the way the legislation that we're looking at is contemplating, and as you know legislative processes, this is just the start and so it's subject to change through the legislative process. But it would do two things fundamentally, well three things. First of all, if there's anti if there's dumping, if another country is dumping it's good the products into our country, then the President congestion.
Speaker 3: Latterly take action. Congress just delegates that.
Speaker 7: The second thing that would do is it would just require the President to notify an individual sorry, Congress, it's implementing an individual teriff or set of tariffs.
Speaker 3: And the third thing that would do is it just bese Congress the.
Speaker 7: Ability within a sixty day window to look at those tariffs and determine if they're consistent with the strategic interests of our country. And again that's something that I take seriously, and to me, this isn't a political issue, Dan, it's something as a constitutional conservative, you know, I think Congress is sometimes given away too much of its power and we need to make sure that we do our job as legislators. And this is consistent with the promises I made when I was campaigning protect the Constitution and.
Speaker 3: The people of the third Congressional District.
Speaker 1: Congressman Jeff heard our guest, and what do you think the vote would be right now in Congress on the president's current tariff moves?
Speaker 7: Well, I think it depends on what part of the tariffs you're talking about, Dan. Certainly when it comes to China, I think that would be pretty overwhelming. We need to disconnect ourselves from that country. Their ability to choke us when it comes to not only manufacturing but also critical minerals is dangerous.
Speaker 3: It's scary, I'll tell you.
Speaker 7: As a member of Congress now and seeing some of the things that I see even in my committee that you wouldn't think are specifically related to China, like natural resources, you just realize what a critical choke point China is and how they can basically, you know, put their hands around our throats when it comes to critical manufacturing. So with respect countries like China, Dan, it would be overwhelming, I would imagine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you wish your hope so right, because I mean, you think about everything you just said, which is true, and then on top of that, China is conducting chemical warfare in my view, against our country by this flow of fentanyl. To me, that's a form of chemical warfare. So I am glad to hear you say.
Speaker 2: That, and listen.
Speaker 1: I mean, I respect the courage it takes to do what you're doing right now. I happen to personally believe that Trump is a master at using leverage to create deal making opportunities. And it's going to be rough, but America is going to come out far better off for the long term because of what he's doing. But it takes courage to stand up as you are and say, hey, you know, my view of the Constitution is wait a second, this needs to be with Congress. So no, I appreciate you having the conversation.
Speaker 7: Well thanks, Dan, And you know, look, it's interesting you make news when you have you know, when you disagree with somebody and something, at least a.
Speaker 3: Particular point of it.
Speaker 7: But on the vast majority of things, I think you look at the votes that I've taken, Dan, when it comes to some during the border, you know, keeping men out of women's sports, all of those things. I've been a consistent conservative and advancing the president's agenda and all the things that we as Republicans promise when we were running.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't think there is any doubt about that. But hey, appreciate the time today and hope you enjoy this beautiful spring weekend.
Speaker 7: Thanks so much, Dan, take care and hello and all your listeners. I hope they have a great weekend as well.
Speaker 1: Thank you, my friend you take care. That is that Congressman Jeff Hurt. So, yeah, it's going to be.
Speaker 2: Interesting to see where that goes long term.
Speaker 1: If Congress is going to take back more of the tariff power. My guess is that it probably depends on how this all plays out, right, And I think this is all going to play out very well, and then there will not be the will in Congress to take on President Trump on this. And it'd be interesting to see where President Trump came down on all of that. Let's say, if Congress says, hey, we want more of this back whatever. I haven't heard him speak to that. I've just seen him use the power that he has been given and I think he's using it very effectively.
Speaker 2: And the beautiful thing about this.
Speaker 1: Ryan, right, it's just like sports. At the end of it, you point to the scoreboard, that's right. And listen, the end of it isn't each day in the stock market, right, So the day it went up, you know, twelve percent in the Nasdak, you don't point to that day and say, see, we're right. We want you point to that day and say, Okay, this is a positive.
Speaker 2: Indicator along the way.
Speaker 1: But the scoreboard that's going to matter is going to be the scoreboard after this deal with China is cut, and there will be a deal with China cut. Yeah, there's no doubt about that.
Speaker 6: The Trump administration reportedly is waiting for China to call them that the Trump administration doesn't want to initiate that call, but however it gets there. I'm with you, Dan, You and I have been on the same page throughout this, which is we are willing not only to give Donald Trump the benefit of the doubt, but to trust him on this because he's been so successful before, because he knows business so well.
Speaker 5: The art of the deal.
Speaker 6: Literally that the political capital he has spent here, I think it is well invested, u pun intended, and that there will be a return on that investment that you talk about.
Speaker 1: To me, it'd be crazy not to trust him on this. Right, because everything you just said. But then you look at his motives, right, and we all know how Trump is driven to win, and he's not going to launch something like this unless he's very, very confident he has a plan that's going to succeed for all of America. He wouldn't jeopardize himself that way. He wouldn't jeopardize his legacy that way, certainly, not after everything that he's been through.
Speaker 2: And then you look at.
Speaker 1: His history, his history of success in his first term, you know with economically obviously COVID upended things at the end. But I just have every reason to believe one thing for sure, And I don't think there's any logical argument against this that I've seen. Anyway, America is going to come out in a better place then it went into this fight, right, It couldn't get much worse than where we're at going into the fight. We're going to come out in a better place. The question is how much better and how do you quantify it?
Speaker 2: In at the end, but we're going to come out in a better place. You're on the Dan Kapla.
Speaker 5: Show and now back to the Dan Kaplass Show podcast.
Speaker 2: Kid Me Wow, I hope you enjoy every minute of it.
Speaker 1: Three or three someone three eight two five five the number text d an five seven seven three nine. A really important day politically because Michael Bennett announced no big deal that was expected, But what was really important was Joe Negose was there. So it's clear now as we expected, no Goose not getting in the race. So it appears this thing is probably wired for Bennett. So how quickly then does Wiser get out? Because he's going to hope to be among those considered to be appointed to Bennett's Senate seat if Bennett's elected governor. And then that brings us back to Michael Bennett. And truly, truly, he is one of the last people in America who should be elected governor of Colorado. I mean ask yourself this, I mean literally, who has ever done less with more all these years as a US Senator, the power of that platform, everything else, what has the guy accomplished? He just he doesn't have the skills to be governor. He doesn't have those abilities. He doesn't have the ability to be impactful, he doesn't have the ability to lead, he doesn't have the ability to get things done. And I don't care. I mean, obviously, I don't want any lefty in that office. But the job a governor is different. You have to have those skills for this state to be able to function, and he's got none of them.
Speaker 2: He's proven he has none of them.
Speaker 1: And then today he kept for those people say, well, at least he has a mild temperament. Really, I mean, today he's questioned by Rob Dawson from our newsroom, and Rob's the most down the middle, level headed journalist you're gonna find. And he asked ben At a simple question, Hey, there's some criticism. You haven't been in the state that much. And then bet it becomes a little irritated with him, but more importantly, just kind of panics and says something provably like looney and false, say they don't send it.
Speaker 5: Up fine in the state, and some people may not really know you.
Speaker 4: If you feel like I think that's just absolute nonsense. There isn't anybody who has spent more time in Colorado that I have as a statewide elected official.
Speaker 1: Appear really, I mean, that's just the kind of like crazy talk, right. But the more important point is because we can almost speak at times just one little question like that, and he's not able to handle it now that that's not a guy who can be governor. So yeah, yeah, there there is an opportunity here three or three someone three eight two five five takes d A N five seven seven through nine. Dan, I no longer live in Colorado, so I no longer care. A mistake there, big mistake because listen, no matter where you live in this country, if a Republican can break through and win in the Colorado governor's race or the Colorado US Senate race, that has an impact to certainly a mega impact in Colorado, that'd be tipping point, but that has an impact beyond Colorado.
Speaker 2: Dan, Heidi Ganal should run again. Yeah, Heidi is awesome.
Speaker 1: And I expect we're going to have multiple really impressive people in that GOP primary for governor.
Speaker 2: Dan.
Speaker 1: Did you know Michael Bennett's deputy superintendent when and Bennett was a DPS. Tom Boseberg is Judge Bosberg's brother. It's a big club.
Speaker 2: And you ain't in it. That's from Alexa.
Speaker 1: Well, you are right about I'm not in it, and really nobody else is. And that's the thing is is Bennett is just a true elitist. He's a true East Coast elitist born into it. Now, as we talked about earlier, I never judged somebody on the circumstances they're born into.
Speaker 2: I judge them on what they've done with it.
Speaker 1: So you got some people who are born into this high society, silver spoon elitism.
Speaker 2: Thing, who go on to dedicate their lives.
Speaker 1: To serving others and helping others, And I admire that the heck got them. And then you've got other people who don't. And that's where we get Michael Bennett. And you come back to how could you accomplish so little? How could anybody with the US Senate seat so many texts?
Speaker 2: Today?
Speaker 1: Ryan, people fired up on a beautiful Friday. Dan Bennett cannot govern without Schumer telling them.
Speaker 2: What to do?
Speaker 1: It was it? Electing Bennett to become of Colorado is like electing Schumer to be governor of Colorado?
Speaker 2: Right or AOC?
Speaker 1: I mean, what's the difference, though it'd probably be more Schumer?
Speaker 4: Uh?
Speaker 7: Dan?
Speaker 2: Dan for governor? Dan?
Speaker 1: Nobody can debate you. Please come dice him up, Dan, Please earn for governor. You will kick his blank.
Speaker 7: Dan.
Speaker 1: I would be proud to vote for you as our next governor. Thank you, No, code, Dan, Dan, Ryan, where can I find Michael Bennett interview with Rob Dawson. We need to find it right because Rob says Bennett also said he's going to be the one to appoint his successor in the US Senate that fill that last two turns talk about entitled talk about entitlement, Ryan Verry smart, very smart, but just talk about this elitist entitlement. That and again, the people elected him. The people elected him to serve as US Senator. But he's not going to leave that job, not to run for governor. He's going to keep that job even though he won't be able to do it. It just goes to that whole entitlement thing.
Speaker 7: Dan.
Speaker 1: Months ago, I texted you, this is your time governor Capitalist sounds great to me.
Speaker 2: I'm again volunteering my help. Don.
Speaker 1: I think you've Donna. That is very very kind, Dan. Are you making a surprise announcement Monday? I thought of Mike Kaufman for governor, but you could do it. I'm not making a surprise announcement Monday, but thank you for thinking about that.
Speaker 2: Dan, that's a fantastic idea. You need to run for governor.
Speaker 1: You have more pride in this state than half the people here. And that's coming from a guy who's a sixth generation Colorado and my great great great grandparents got here in eighteen sixty. We had a dairy farm where the polo club is right now. Wow, incredibly, those are lucky people, Dan, Are there any good Republicans running for governor? Or?
Speaker 2: Is this just a lost cause?
Speaker 1: I expect there will be many good Republicans running for governor, don't you?
Speaker 5: Ryan Scott Bottoms is running. I remember the house.
Speaker 2: I bet there are a lot of talented people is running.
Speaker 5: Those are two that I know of.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there'll be a lot of impressive people. It might be one of those races where somebody wins the nomination with a relatively small percentage of the vote because there are so many good candidates. But I think that there will be. Hey, have a tremendous weekend, my friend Days night for us. We're going to our first Nuggets game in a long time, so very much looking forward.
Speaker 5: We go to everyone eacly win this time.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I think the Mojo's back will find out tonight, Kelly, thank you.
Speaker 2: Hope everybody has a great, safe weekend. Join us Monday on the dan Kapla show