Speaker 1: What's up? Everybody? Welcome to a brand new episode of The Hot Mike Here on the John Roca Channel. I am John Rokan, joined as always by the Instiders. Up, Jeff Stunn, How are you? Jeff?
Speaker 2: Hello, Johnny Boy, Jeff?
Speaker 1: How are you? How are you feeling? We were two people not big enough to be invited to Peter Thiel's get together to have our conversations about world issue, so we have to do it here on this show. How are you? Howard things? How's how's life? Brother treating you? My man? I'm at what son of a bitch? Son of a bitch?
Speaker 2: I'm good baby. Just got in this morning. I took the red eye to Boston. Didn't really sleep on the plane. Wow, kind of exhausted, but yeah, I'm here. We're doing it. It is three in the afternoon on the East Coast. I've seen Big Daddy. I'm seeing my bros tonight.
Speaker 1: Nice.
Speaker 2: Got out a newsletter just now, my latest issue of the Studio Mandates series, which is We're gonna get into Oh my goodness, I'm sitting.
Speaker 1: On so much news.
Speaker 2: Wow, Oh my god, do you guys just subscribe to the fucking newsletter for do yourself as the favor What why.
Speaker 1: Are you doing on the East coast? What? What's what's the schedule? What? What is the deal? What brought you to this coast this summer?
Speaker 2: On? No, it's Father's Day. You know, my mom passed, so you got to cherish my father. So I'm you know, doing Father's Day through fourth of July here. It's like a good you know, two and a half three week trip.
Speaker 1: Nice And does your father think you're gonna get Yannis? As as your father feeling hopeful that the Celtics are gonna land you on us? What's the deal there?
Speaker 2: I actually I don't know that anyone in Boston really wants to get rid of Jalen Brown in favor of Janna, Like, we'll take you, honest, we can get him for like d White if we have to part with Prichard Hugo, you know, draft picks. But like I think we're kind of content to run it back and give it another shows.
Speaker 1: If the Bees can do it again, we'll see. But we're here to talk about entertainment. We got so much to get into here. Thank you everybody who's joining us with this change time for today because Jeff being on the East coast, as he said, but we're gonna dump it dive into so much going on here with Marvel and Spider Man, as Jeff teazed, the studio stuff that he's talking about, some X Men stuff, some film and television stuff as well, and some reviews if we can get to them by the end of the show. We'd love for yall to keep to send it to send hit your stream labs and superchets as we go along. It's pinned the chest and the scripture of the video. Uh, and it's there. Well, we got to put it on the screw at some point. We'll put it on the screen at some point for sure. But let's get into the first story, Jeff. This just broke as we're about to start the show. Apparently The Grinch Who Stole Christmas? How the Grinch Stole Christmas is getting a sequel, Universal and Imagine Entertainer developing one, with three clay Key players expected to recurn. Jim carrey In talks to a Prizes role as the Grinch, Ron Howard returning to direct, and Brian Grazer, Imagined Entertainment partner coming back to be a part of this. The sequel will have a script by Alec Berg, Jeff Schaeffer, and David Mandell. The trio also worked on the adaptation of The Cat and the Hat starring Mike Myers, which did not go well. So your thoughts on this, do you like the idea of doing a sequel and does this feel good that Jim Carrey is coming back to a character that a lot of people still love him?
Speaker 2: For your thoughtsome, I mean, yeah, this is something that Jamie if you if you go to my Twitter, you'll see the Screenshat. Jamie and I discussing this last fall something I forget what it was, but this was an inevitability, right, This was like the biggest movie of the year that it came out. There's no reason not to do another one with like all the properties that we're revisiting these days. He isn't too good for it or whatever, and like, yeah, he's older, maybe looks a little bit different, but under the makeup, you're not gonna be able to tell. Yeah, yeah, he's gonna look pretty much the exact same as he's twenty years ago. That's the magic of makeup. And I still think he's got like the energy and all that for it. So I do think this is actually a really you know, smart financial gamble from Universal. I think it's a good bet. I think it's good for Jim Carriing, it's good for Ron Howard. I've heard, you know, I have heard good things about Ron Howard's new movie. So like part of me wasn't like going from a good movie to look back to like the fucking Grinch. But you know, I get it. It's a huge hit. Never hurts to add where those your resume?
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he hasn't been, like you know, he has been knocking that out of the park recently, Jeff. You know that Eden film came and went and sank like a stone, and so he needs probably needs a hit. And I'll say this two things. One, it feels like we're Hollywood is moving back to family films. It feels like they're wanting to embrace this a little bit more for quadrant films, have fun with those. And also, I think we have to give a little bit of credit to Sonic the Hedgehog franchise because it kind of revitalized Jim Carrey. Yes, for the older ones, we've always loved carry right, but seeing Jim get back in touch with the comedy get back in touch with things that we love, and a whole new generation come and discover him. Now, maybe who probably grew up as children watching How the Greenstone Christmas. Now seeing him come back to this, I think is great, you.
Speaker 2: Know, hundred percent correct. I mean again, children only have so many like movie stars. Yeah, new Carrey's managed to be one for decades. It's kind of like Jack Why you know, Jack Black is like, if you're making a family movie, that's the first person you call, like kids, Yeah, back Black still Yeah, so uh yeah, it's good to see Jim get back out there. You're right, Sonic does deserve credit because where would he be right now without that franchise? Yeah, out of sight, out of mind. Yeah, but that did keep him in the conversation. And uh, I think again, this is this is a solid holiday movie.
Speaker 1: It wasn't.
Speaker 2: I don't care about it personally because I didn't really like grow up. But I think I was like sixteen by the time The Grinch came out. I don't even I don't even know if I've seen the whole Grinch movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, well, uh, let's we'll see what happens. Of course, is so way early in the process, and we'll see what the end result of it.
Speaker 2: As Jamie correctly points out, and this is also another inevitability, there will be a school of rock follow up. ERSK like why would there be?
Speaker 1: Right right? Yeah, I mean that means like making Rome and Michelle too right now they are that's actually shooting right now. And I'm kind of using that as a segue as well, Jeff to ask you about this. I mean, Austin Powers four is apparently happening. Mike Myers was on Trevor Noah's World Cup podcast. Uh, and when he was asked about whether there is going to be an Austin Power new Austin Powers movie, he said unequivocally yes. It was resounding. And now this has been picked up, of course. Uh. He had previously stated that he was very surprised if it didn't happen. So do you since that this is just him making an offhand comment or was this an actual indication that it is happening. He's getting the gang back together. Maybe Jay Roach coming off the couch to direct this your thoughts. I think it's definitely gonna happen.
Speaker 2: I don't know that Jay Roach would necessarily necessarily wind up directing. They may need some you know whoever the hot young comedy director is. Yeah, Mike de Lucas in charge of Warner Brothers. He's the guy you know who is running New Line, you know when the series sort of started. Yeah, it make total sense that he'd go back to that. Well, I mean Mike Myers was just in Michael, wasn't he. Yeah, Yeah, he was just like on a movie like yep, you know, like, uh, I think that people like Austin Powers and now it's it's actually maybe it's a couple of years too late for this, but like it now is the right time to revisit that. Yeah, the ends of twenty twenty six and like completely make fun of it, right, I do think it's it's ripe for comedy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean it seems like Doctor EEV, although he's always been kind of a beloved character for people love the franchise, maybe this is one that tells the story where Doctor Evil had way more logic for what the things he was doing. We seem to be more open to hearing the other side of the evil side of things, and I'd be curious to see what his what Myers's approach is going to be on this one and what he's going to do with it, and also the outdated Austin powers, how does he deal with like me too? And how does he deal with all these black lives, but all these other things he might come in contact with as the sexual dynamics have changed, women not wanting to have children, or women being more in control all of the sexual partners they have and not having any shame about it. Like what will Austin be like with that that in that world where things that kind of switched around? You know, it could be curious to see for sure, And certainly Mike Myers could use a comedy hit because it's been a while since he had one.
Speaker 2: And that's the other part of this is that I do think that him being so confident in Austin powers for being made indicates a shift that I'm sensing in studios and we're I think, being and you're going to see it in the mandates, the different studio mandates.
Speaker 1: Like people are hungry for comedies.
Speaker 2: Studios want comedies, They want ra raided comedies, right, and they want rotblem coms. So I think you're going to see a lot more of those over the next couple of years.
Speaker 1: Someone went way more intelligent than me. Should go back through the last few years and like, connect the lack of comedies in theater with the increase of division within our society. I wonder if there's a correlation here, Jeff, where like because it seems like people now we've hit the nature of anger and divisiveness. Comedies now a place where we can all go put down our swords in our shields and laugh in a theater and have a communal experience. I think that could be interesting to explore that. And it's no coincidence. I think this happening just as the superhero genre is kind of losing its luster, losing its attraction, that another genre is coming back in that had been very powerful in years past. You know, yeah, another film that is from the time. But if this is going to be a TV's here's Jeff, I've heard this. James Wand is apparently full on this thing for RoboCop is going to direct a few of these episodes from the series. So are you excited about this? This makes sense to you that he's going to take much more over a hands on approaches RoboCop thing. Does Does this excite you? Or does this feel a little bit like, why is James want doing this at this point? What are your thoughts on this.
Speaker 2: Jeff, Yeah, I mean I don't really have a lot of thoughts.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not a big RoboCop guy.
Speaker 2: James One has his hands in a lot of pies. I can't imagine he'd be too involved beyond the pilot. Right, You did direct the pilot and then I get my name as an EP on the show for the rest of it's rotten?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I uh, who's this friend? Well, Jeremy is Jeremy. Uh. Jordan Roomy over there at World of Reel is reporting this, and he is set to executive puts the RoboCop series for Amazon MGM, but will also direct a few key episodes. A six month shoot starts next January. Vancouver has planned for the series, and he can also report that the series will debut a new cybernetic lawman named Mark Kyle. So these are the things that Jordan is reporting in World of Reel. Your thoughts on all of that.
Speaker 2: I haven't read that article. I don't know what you're talking about. I see, okay, I see. I think it speaks to the fact that James's movie not ready to go. Oh yeah, right, which is the Gangster, the Cop, the Devil? I heard I heard that somebody passed on that movie. Someone who's passed on two big movies now, oh wow.
Speaker 1: And doing terrible movies. So you're just like, what are these choices? Keanu? Sorry, it's weird. Peter Auco has been tapped as a writer, executives showrunner. He has done stuff is like Parker Lewis, Can't Lose, Dead Like Me and Pushing Daisies, and he recently served as a showrunner for Lodge forty nine and moon Haven. Stuff I haven't seen, although I did see Parker Lewis and Dead Like Me and Pushing daisy So, but I don't know if I would take that guy. But I'm a RoboCop. So is this gonna have much more of a comedic bent or a fantastical bent? I wonder, you know, putting him together with James wand be curious to see. Okay, let's see what else we want to jump into. Oh, what are your thoughts on this? Yef? We've been talking about this Ocean's situation is prequel for quite some time, but apparently Wagner Mora is in talks to be the villain in This Ocean's prequel film. Of course, you've got Margot, Robbie and Bradley Cooper along for the Rye. Bradley's going to be directing it now, with Linus Sangrin as the cinematographer. So do you like this as an next step for Vagnor Moora's career to be the villain in this film?
Speaker 2: Again, this is another inevitability. As I wrote letter the day before this was announced, which I guess's been out there for a few weeks. Daniel Rpka, I think put it out there in late May, okay, which is why it's sounded familiar. He had villain written on his forehead, Wagner Morah. He's been heavily rumored for both the X Men villain. Yes, he could be Subastian Shaw. I have no idea. I don't know where that's coming from. That's other people saying this right, right, right, And but I've heard him for on the list for the Bond villain as well.
Speaker 1: That makes sense.
Speaker 2: So the question was do you wait and hold off and not take projects when everybody's coming at you and throwing all this money at you in the wake of your Best Actor nomination and getting one of those jobs X Men or Bond, which may not come until like early.
Speaker 1: Next year, who knows, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Or do you take a gig now and then say, hey, yeah, I'm gonna play the villain here, but if you really like me, you'll still have me as the villain, you know what I mean. He took a big payday from Warner Brothers to be the villain in this Oceans movie. I like it. It's still Bradley Cooper, you know, directing. He's a really fucking good director. DeMarco Lobby, She's a huge star. You know. I don't know that I have like the best feeling about it of an Ocean's prequel, but I do like those elements. Yeah, so yeah, I think this is definitely good for the movie in landing him, and good for him in the sense that it.
Speaker 1: Will show every buddy what he can do.
Speaker 2: And hopefully, I mean, if they're shooting this in August, I think the word gets out about how good his performance is or isn't, and maybe it helps him land Bond or X Men.
Speaker 1: Oh that's a good point. Yeah, seeing what he's like because this is set in nineteen sixty two, at the Monaco Grand Prix. It's described as a stylish old school caper inspired by Hitchcock's To Catch a Thief, So that already implies this is going to be very smooth and cool movie. So what is Vagner Moor coming into a project like this and conveying that and showing that I think would be interesting? My mind goes to what's his face from the second Ocean's film, Oceans twelve, the Cassel Right who came in to play the villain. That wasn't such a good movie. But I wonder Wagner will have a little more luck with this one than maybe Cassell had playing the villain in that second film in that series. So I'll be curious to see. But I like this for him. As you said, get the money, get a little another film under your belt, and then start elevating your quote onto the next thing. It just makes sense on some many levels.
Speaker 2: You know, John, I'm trying to send our stream yard link to a special guest right now, I think is going to come in for an upcoming item.
Speaker 1: What's say? I don't know.
Speaker 2: You may need a few minutes, but I'm gonna send it to Drew Taylor and have him. Wow, the ray Gun stuff.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'd love that I have that on the list.
Speaker 2: So we'll wait for him to come in to talk about what's the next item on the list.
Speaker 1: I love that idea. I love that. Let's get to this. What do you think about this? Anya Taylor Joy has joined the cast for The Hunt for Gollum. This has been This has been kind of rumored for quite some time. I think, you know, her looks kind of lean themselves to an elfish kind of look, so it makes all the sense in the world, to be honest with you, But it has now been confirmed that she's joining the cast. She's set to portray Saren or Serene, a character I haven't heard of, a character I've never heard of before prehav Maybe it was created for the film. Variety is saying that it is an elf, so no surprise there. So what are your thoughts on this? That she's joining yet another franchise. On the heels of Furiosa, on the heel of Dune three, on the heels of Super Mario Galaxy. What does this tell you, man?
Speaker 2: I mean, it tells me she likes to work. It tells me she can't say no to good director. I mean, you know, I'm not gonna like look down on her for doing a lot of ip. Yeah, it's it's Lord of the Rings, Like, how the fuck do you say?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: You know, I thought she was going to be a love interest for Gollum or something. What okay, Jesus else, I'm not familiar with the books. I don't know what the role is. I just know it seems like she she'll fit right into this universe. She had a kind of has like a Galadrial look to her in.
Speaker 1: A way, totally right, and elfish kind of looked to her for sure.
Speaker 2: And yet her her Apple show is really good.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I haven't seen that win yet. Uh did you finish Widows Bay? I finished? Oh, Jeff, come on as a horror guy, I've got to hear your thoughts on this. Everyone.
Speaker 2: Every everybody's watching Widows Bay except me.
Speaker 1: It feels like Yeah.
Speaker 2: So she did an interview with Setha Bramovich h Ehr was a really good interview, and in it she'd neither confirmed nor deny the Joni Mitchell rumors that I put out there. Interesting, Yes, you know, if you're not denying like obviously it's yes, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I agreed. She also tiptoed around working with George Miller on Furiosa, so that was an interesting same thing to have that brought up again. So on the heels of George Miller wanting to do one more Mad maxim and one more series of Mad Max before selling this thing off, I wonder if there is a selling point in the end for this to even happen. I wonder even the point.
Speaker 2: Why would a studio make a movie and then George Miller sells the rights right right, so you can potentially sell it somewhere else, like when you just buy the rights to the franchise and then sort of then you can do whatever you want with it, and you just Leah Miller make one more movie.
Speaker 1: Also, the parents studio wonderful this didn't want to do it. So if the if the parent doesn't, that to me seems really odd on so many levels. I don't know how man students are gonna want to swoop in, considering how the last one, you know, lost money, how many gonna want to swoop in to do this situation. It's gonna be curious to see, all right, So we have our special guest, So let's get into the story. Shall we Let's do it here. So this is happening brad Bird's ray Gun, according to the ports from the raps Drew Taylor, who may or may not come on in just a few seconds here, UH, the team behind ray Gun, Bradbird's original anime Netflix film, and their attempts to nab the then vacant Imax theatrical slot originally meant for Greta Gerwig's Narnia film on Thanksgivings has not come to fruition. Apparently Netflix pushed the UH the events of Cliffs Booth into that slot and not brad Bird's ray Gun, and it is said to possibly be because of the battles going on here between Paramount and UH and Netflix over Warner Brothers, and that sadly Bradbird's ray Gun got caught in the mix and UH Fincher didn't even want to get a theatrical release, according to report from Drew Taylor. So let's bring him on to the show here, Drew, what's up? Welcome back?
Speaker 3: So happy to be here. It's really it's really good to see both of you, and you know, you both look great. I love Jeff Jeff sweater.
Speaker 2: Yeah longer yesterday when I was talking shit about ray Gun not defending Cliff Booth getting the IMAX, and so I wanted to give him the opportunity to weigh in and tell us why ray Gun deserved this slot.
Speaker 3: Well, Raygan, you know, hypothetically, Raygun is a really uh it's a more mature film. It's a mystery, it's a real film noir. It's something you want to sort of see on a big screen. I think that it's going to to maybe be at a disservice if you can pick up your phone or your Nintendo switch or go make yourself a you know, roasty sandwich. I think that that those are all things that are that could do a disservice to Regan.
Speaker 2: But it's you know, Tom and Jeff theatrical release though, like Netflix, Gibbs Movies, theatrical releases towards the end of the year. It's just not IMAX. It will have a theatrical release.
Speaker 3: It will have a awards qualifying release, and I think they are campaigning for Best Pictures, so it will be in ten markets or whatever. Yeah, so it'll be slightly larger, but it'll still be that cursory kind of like you know, ten day thing.
Speaker 2: People were able to track down some of these big Netflix movies in theaters. You don't just have to go out to like the Malibu theater to catch them, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I wonder if if it will play longer like we saw. I feel like Frankenstein and you guys correct me if I'm wrong, played longer in theaters than it was even meant to, right, Okay, So there is that possibility. But I think the difference is that the Raygun team really lobbied for this, yes, this slot, and and Fincher was kind of like, yeah, whatever, and they gave it to Fincher. So I think that's kind.
Speaker 1: Of the interesting thing.
Speaker 2: I totally believe that, right, tired John, go ahead.
Speaker 1: Yeah, this is what I want to talk about, because, like I to me, that's what's interesting about this thing. I'm not I'm not surprised that Netflix took the safer route. Cliff Booth is a known quantity You've gone to go with Fincher's and known quantity of Tarantino written the script Brad Paid, who won the Oscar playing the role. It makes all the sense in the world, right, But you have to ask yourself, well, was this about like, as Drewman's mentioning in the article, was this about some political studio machinations in this whole situation? Did it get grinded up? And I mean so many directors have done stuff in Netflix, have like lobby publicly to get Netflix. I'm thinking of Grene gerwork to release their stuff in theaters. Here's Fincher, like, you know, having a my tie on his balcony getting offered this going yeah, sure, why not? I don't care, you know, Like so it's a really odd situation the way this all played out. So what do you think happened he Drew? What I'm asking Drew not you? What do you think happened Drew in this situation?
Speaker 3: Well, I mean from the IMAX side of things, they were very They thought that the cliff Booth thing was very appealing because it kind of targeted that sinners one battle after another, you know, kind of Dune three milieu. You know that they they make an event out of it. They were really interested in the exclusivity, which would have been the same with Reagan. It would have been the exclusive kind of like home for ragn for two weeks. But yeah, I mean I think that it does speak to a larger problem with Netflix and animation and getting behind animation even after Kpop Demon Hunters broke every record. We just saw today that it's the first animated feature to be on the top ten for an entire year, which is insane. So that's really where my kind of questioning comes from. And then yeah, the like kind of the hot potato that the movie became between these two studios that are fighting publicly, and also you know, like the in legal terms over the Warner Brothers thing, Like, you know, I don't think Skydance would have been inclined to put it out, and neither wo Netflix to support a sky Dance movie. And the other thing that I think is kind of getting overlooked is that when he signed on for this, it was an Apple movie, and Apple has a much better yeah, Bradbird, and Apple has a much better track record in terms of getting stuff into theaters. So there's no indication that he didn't think, oh, with Apple will have a release like F one or Napoleon or whatever. So yeah, it's just a really kind of screwed up, complicated situation. But let's hear it. Let's hear Snider.
Speaker 2: Night Ance thing is interesting. Because that's politics getting in the way of what may be best for the movie. Right, You're an animation guy, so I understand that you're gonna approach it from the tact of well. Netflix doesn't get behind animated movies the way that they could or should. But to me, it's just like a no brainer. Like if you're a parent, Like you're not trying to spend twenty five twenty six dollars a ticket. You're just trying to kill a few hours, So you want the eighteen dollars ticket and a stud and the Fincher. The Fincher fit, okay, are the ones who are the format nerds and like, Plus, whether Fincher wants it or not, this is also your first project really with Tarantino, and you know Tarantino wants it on the big screen, right, so you know, Like, to me, there are other factors who work. If Fincher wasn't their single biggest, most important filmmaker to them and it was just Giemel or somebody, then I think you'd have more of a case. But this is like their guy since day one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I do wonder how much how like what the viewership of mank is versus you know something, This.
Speaker 1: Is what I want to get to because I think your I think your logic, Jeff, as a non parent, is very curious to see because I would say their parents nowadays are just as much. They're young people who are into the fucking format nerd shit and want to share it to their with their kids and want to get them into it. There are so many parents who share four case, share screen. Everything is much more accessible than it was in your day or even way back in my day. And I think parents nowadays are introducing their kids to all these formats and all these things, and they're getting an appreciation for Why do you think Generation Alpha is going to theaters in larger numbers than older generations is because they want to enjoy these formats and they're having kids that want to bring their kids along to it. So I think there's more of a case to end. It's like Brad Bird is some random animated He's done live action and he's done animation feature films, so and he's had success. So to me, this is a different situation and I think a lot of parents would have brought their kids to this. Toy Story five is about to make almost two hundred million dollars this weekend.
Speaker 2: This is like the one again, one of the craziest things you ever said, John Parent spend seven dollars more a ticket so they can hand down their Absolutely would I'll tell you this, if I had a kid, I would absolutely hand it down.
Speaker 1: I would hand it down.
Speaker 2: Look behind me, I got two pieces, and I'm gonna be taking into the movies. And I guarantee you no one's gonna say, will be got to see it in imax. They're gonna say, what's the what's the closest theater, what's the best show time? We don't give a fuck what the format is.
Speaker 1: And you know why, you know, why could you haven't introduced them to the format. If you introduced them to the format, said we're going to Imax, I'm paying extra. I want you guys to appreciate the format, then their minds will change. Are you kidding? Come on now, come on?
Speaker 3: Well, And also I think there is something to be said for Brad Bird's use of IMAX. I mean the Mission Impossible release. You know, he had that whole road show rollout which Ghost Protocol was in Imax exclusively for a week before it hit normal theaters. I mean I think you could have. I think that you could have eventized this in the same way that you do the Cliff Booth movie, because I mean, how many people saw Iron Giant at home and went, oh man, I could I wish I had seen it on the big screen. You know, there's like there's that kind of like uh not fomo, but you want to try to kind of make it this whole thing. And I would argue that Brad Bird as a filmmaker, you know, just as sort of rabid fans as David Fincher.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think I think that Cliff Booth is a sure thing. And with Imax, yeah, of course you can't take a gamble, and Ray Gunn is a gamble.
Speaker 3: Okay. I mean, let's talk about this because when I told Jeff, like, it's not a kids movie, so at one point it was PG thirteen. That is sort of in the conversation right now because if you if you exceed at PG, it doesn't go on the kids and family tile on the home screen. So that's like the kind of consternation right now. But I do wonder if if that could have been a selling point too, like come see Bradbird's like original vision for this thing in theaters.
Speaker 2: But yeah, you know, just like the cliff Booth, like Scarlett Johansen, the bread Pitt, like these are both huge stars. I get that argument right.
Speaker 1: And set Rockwell is an Oscar winning actor. He is leading the voicecout Listen. I agree with you, Jeff, and that they made the smarter choice in terms of looking at what we think is more of the sure thing. But I don't think it's as obvious of a case as I think you're presenting it to be. I think a lot of people would have gone to see this thing, and I'm ex and some people going like, well, only tech nerd parents.
Speaker 2: I would have gone to see it when you're giving me a choice.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and if it's a more mature material, you know, if it's more mature material, people would have gone see Listen. Drew brings us up so well with K Pop Demon Hunters today at Regal Cinema this morning, the nine to forty five am showing of K Pop Demon Hunters at my local Regal was sold out and they're showing it all day today.
Speaker 2: So now that's a that's a phenomenon. Just because Raygun is a Netflix animated movie doesn't make it K Pop Demon Hunters.
Speaker 3: No, But but I don't know. What's interesting is that, you know, Netflix would argue and has argued that the exclusivity of these animated titles is what makes them such hits. Look at the Top ten and it's Goat and it's B Movie and it's all these things that already played in theaters. So yeah, to me, that does.
Speaker 2: Not hold water at all.
Speaker 3: And yeah, I mean, if they want I don't know, I mean, Jeff much in the same way that they're like, we are the Home of David Fincher, this could have really been like a cool, big thing and it didn't have to be IMAX. But I think that from the the regun camp's kind of point of view, it just made perfect sense and aligned, you know, very nicely in terms of the release and all of that. And I don't know, I don't know. I mean, yeah, I guess the the R rating of Cliff Booth is not going to hurt anything, as we saw with Sinners and One Battle, But yeah, it's a it's a it's a sticky situation for sure.
Speaker 1: Also also because it's very similar to and I'm not Jeff might explode at this, but it is kind of similar to the Social Reckoning, Right, you're not getting Fincher coming back to do the sequel, You're getting Aaron Sorkin to do the sequel. And in this yes, Fature's in a cop film, an incredible filmmaker, but it's Tarantino script. Is he going to make this energy of a Tarantino movie? Or is this going to be something completely different in its approach that people might be turned off by? But you know, well, I don't know. We'll see, we'll see. On so many loves I.
Speaker 2: Would have I would much rather have seen ray Gun in Imax than Narnia.
Speaker 3: Interesting.
Speaker 1: Wow, okay, okay, all right.
Speaker 3: Just probably you'll see ray Gun in the theater, Jeff, that will you will be committed to that?
Speaker 1: If? Yes, I promise you you got? Is there anything you can tease that you're working on you or anything else you want to talk about, because I think people should read this. It's in the wrap, Go I went, I got?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I mean I'm always working on something. But yeah, there'll be more ray Gun stories for sure as we see how this rating situation shakes.
Speaker 1: Out and everything else.
Speaker 3: Yes, some interesting could have been would have been kind of stuff. But it's just good that it's finally coming out after seven years and that hopefully people will see it. We'll see what it does on Netflix. It could be a complete bust on Netflix, but it really will be a cinematic you know, experience for those.
Speaker 1: That, yeah, do it.
Speaker 3: But thanks for learning me on guys.
Speaker 1: Blackbird could use one, Brad Bird could use one. It's been a bit since he had a big hits.
Speaker 3: Well I mean yeah, I mean, but this last movie was Incredibles Too, which made one point five billion or something, which is the other thing, like, you're not going to give this guy theatrical.
Speaker 1: I don't know that's a fair post. But yes, thank you.
Speaker 3: I'm going to watch the rest of the show. I can't wait to hear about X Men being Marvel's big I didn't miss that one yet, did I?
Speaker 1: No, not yet, not yet? Okay, okay, all.
Speaker 2: Right, all right, thanks for reading you guys.
Speaker 3: I'll talk to you. Okay, all right.
Speaker 1: There there was Drew Tail hanging out with us. Jeff, thanks for getting them in the talk to us. I connected. Let's connect more people. I'd like that. Uh listen, walk to the Charles Melton section of the show. This is apparently he is joining the Daniels film next film here alongside Matt David and the newly announced Sandra Oh. Matt David and Sandra rumor to be playing parents and all of this, But Charles Melton is not joining this. What are your thoughts on this, Jeff? Do you like, Hey, this is the next step for the guy coming out of Beef season two and of course Warfare last year? Does this make sense? Do you like it?
Speaker 2: Every listen, everybody wants to be in the Charles mouth and business right now.
Speaker 1: I guess so, Yeah, there's X Men rumors flying. I was gonna bring that up next, So don't don't. Don't.
Speaker 2: Just record in the newsletter that he was at one point in talks for the lead in Tomorrow, Tomorrow and Tomorrow. You know that book with that they're doing with Daisy Edgard Jones.
Speaker 1: Yes, I do know that book.
Speaker 2: I don't know if that'll pan out, but obviously this is a huge pull for him the Daniels. I don't know how big the role is. I don't Again, I don't really know what the context is. I imagine he'll be one of the kids, right who's then maybe grown up? Yeah, maybe, maybe the anchor of like the present day? Do I think it's in two different time periods?
Speaker 1: He's thirty five years old, bro, I think he's probably playing one of the parents, don't you think?
Speaker 2: No? Okay, parents of you know, how old is the kid then six?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know. I thineople have kids eighteen years old, Bro, I don't know.
Speaker 2: I think he's playing it'll be about like twelve or thirteen, fourteen year olds, and then it'll jump for twenty years and gotcha like that kind of thing.
Speaker 1: Okay, in a different time period maybe than Matt Damon.
Speaker 2: This is an interesting past.
Speaker 1: They're putting together, though, don't you think?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Absolutely?
Speaker 2: I mean again, I thought it was just gonna be the one movie star and then a bunch of like unknowns. But exact they got Sandra Oh, I mean Sandro might be playing Charles Melton's mother.
Speaker 1: Oh maybe good point? Maybe?
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like Damon and Sandra O are in the early you know time period, yes, where they're you know, the kids are teenagers and then grown up Charles Milton.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So I don't know how it's all gonna shake out, but good for him. Yeah, But so, yeah, it's just like every everybody, there's only like a hand. It's the same. You know five ten twenty actors that you always hear like, that's who Hollywood is trying to build everything around. Charles Melton also has that Netflix movie Saturn Return coming out. I think that's right later this year. That's supposed to be a Wards contender.
Speaker 1: So hey, Harris Dickinson, this is your career call in your bro, you better start stepping up. A Lord and Melton are just surpassing you right now. Better stepping up, aris man. Come on, Uh, speaking of Melton, one more story, let's talk about this. Let's get into the X Men's story. You reported this, Jeff, that you had heard rumors that he is in talks or possibly in consideration for playing Beasts in the X Men. And this comes on the heels of this conversation being had here for a beef Lee Sung Jin, who talked about writing the new film for X Men. It differs from his filmmaker, from his filmmaker, Jake Shryer's time on Thunderbolts. He was speaking with Deadline. He said, I'd say he said, I'd say, there were actually more parameters on Thunderbolts because it was plugging into existing arc and existing characters, whereas with X Men, Kevin Fiker just wants to take a big swing and start a new not people hold into any of the movies that have come before. Jake Schryer has a clear vision in terms of wanting to get back to the character first and to what is exciting about those early Cliss Chris Claremont run comics, which was all about team dynamics. So, by the way, I have all of those runs. Hold on, Lee, no, sorry, hold on, let me get the name here? Was Lee Sung Jin? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, he said that he's rewriting the script.
Speaker 1: Okay, right, right, right, So what are your thoughts on the Milton thing?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't know where the big thing, the big swing thing came from.
Speaker 1: Okay, so it came from that quote.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean I I never, like never understand why wouldn't it be a big swing? Is it going to be a small swing? Yeah, it's a big swing.
Speaker 1: It's X Men.
Speaker 2: We gotta do something different.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, I mean, yeah, what do you think that? What do you speculate to like, looking at the X Men now right, looking at what has gone on the kind of mixed bag of quality of these X Men movies. What is the big swing do you think that they would need to take if you were advising Marvel at this point, I don't know.
Speaker 2: No, I don't know comments well enough to be able to say what that big swing should because the big swing should be in terms of story, not in.
Speaker 1: Terms of I agree with that, yes, okay, So.
Speaker 2: All I'm saying is like, I so when I first heard Melton's name, yeah, I got Scott.
Speaker 1: Oh, Scott Summers, Yeah sure, yeah, cyclops for sure. I can see that.
Speaker 2: You can just see him with the eye gear and whatnot totally. Then I asked people, I was like, oh, you know, I'm hearing Melton, like, have you hear what he's like? You know what he may be up for? And so that's when I heard beast right. So I don't know if they're looking at somebody younger for Scott.
Speaker 1: I have no idea.
Speaker 2: What about but you because before, as a greater board, you hear all these different rumors and then you gotta wait. You got a track, you gotta wait for this guy to knock get it. I'm just gonna throw it all out there.
Speaker 1: You know, you said you've been and you said in your report that Peter Claffee was in contention. Couldn't you say.
Speaker 2: As a Scott that was when I say in contention. Yeah, these guys are coming in from meetings, they're coming into Baby. Sometimes they're just meeting Jake, you know, for a general to see just fit in somewhere. Sometimes it's reading for a specific role like i'd heard, you know, Charles did for Beast. It always no matter what turns in on the internet to so and so's in talk, so and So's in talks for beasts.
Speaker 1: You guys don't know what talks means.
Speaker 2: Stop using the word like it just drives me crazy.
Speaker 1: Clearly they can.
Speaker 2: Hear literally like I'm at the valet stand and I audition rvies. You should come on in on Monday. He's in talks. That's what they think.
Speaker 1: This is. Okay, Well, are you hearing any other names? Are you hearing anything else around the X men situation?
Speaker 2: Uh?
Speaker 1: What have you got? Like? Is there anything be whispering in your ear at.
Speaker 2: This point other than you know, Wagner, I've heard the Odessa thing again. I've heard Odessa or something else though that got denied.
Speaker 1: But okay, it just again it showed me.
Speaker 2: Like Melton interested in her right, she just shared the scream with Timothy Shallomet in Marty's Stream, which, before back Rooms was a twenty four's biggest movie. Yep, there's a reward at the end of that tunnel. Is the reward an X Men movie or is it the lead in a big prestige movie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's for possible. Yeah. Yeah. And you're saying that they're going to start pre production later on this year. How sure are you on that? You said that in your report, right, see.
Speaker 2: And that's the other thing, right, People will read stuff and then they'll be like, oh, this is you know, so this source said that. You know, these are different sources. What I'm getting it, These are different people. And so that element with like the pre production stuff. Yeah, that that stuff's good.
Speaker 1: You can take that. Okay, okay, okay, and real quick, just anybody who is into the X Men comics, as Jeff said that he is not one hundred percent into these X Men comics life. You've never read a single X Men comic never in my life. Dude. You should come over. You spend the weekend. I love you. John Byrne, reclusive and polarizing creator John Byrne is returning to the X Men. I remember reading his runs in the nineteen eighties. He's going to return this. He's going to create a thing called X Men else When, which is this new and possibly final comics project. Just to be connected there with the X Men. I wanted to throw that in there as well. For those of you who are big comic readers. Put that on your looking out for list.
Speaker 2: As little disrespectful little ship Pierre Campbell, So you've got nothing? What what do we promise you, Pierre?
Speaker 1: Why do you care what Pierre thinks? Pierres nobody's sitting in a basement eating porkrins. What do you give a ship man? Now, we come on, let's ignore him. Man, it doesn't matter. Come on, Uh he's not much, but let's stay in the marble track. Let's talk about it. Jeff. We got ourselves a Spider Man brand new day trailer. We got to see a little of Is this a symbio? Is this man Spider? What's going on with those black eyes? Is? We got to see Hulk finally become a little savage. We got to see uh, whoever this might be, possibly Jean Gray. We don't know. Messing with people's minds, messing with Speeder Peter. We got to see the hand, We got to see Frank Castle more tamed Frank Castle in this trailer as well. So what are your thoughts on the trailer? Do you like this? Do you like where this is going it's headed? And what stood out to you from this?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 2: Didn't watch it? You just spoiled the whole thing for me?
Speaker 1: What the fuck put I sent ittor the rundown last night? How did you not watch it?
Speaker 2: I don't read the rundowns. Oh my god, I just say, yep, good, okay, trailer. I did not watch the last one? Like, how many Spider Man trailers do we need?
Speaker 1: Guys? It's only the second one? What are you being histrionic about? It's only the second one? Movie?
Speaker 2: Do we need spoiled? I had no interest in watching this trailer, and now I'm seeing half the images from Okay, the Jean Gray talk out there, I mean, yeah, yeah, it seems like the worst kept secret in Hollywood at this point.
Speaker 1: I don't know, because if you watch the trailer, she seems kind of villainous. She's controlling people's minds.
Speaker 2: Isn't Jean Gray villainous.
Speaker 1: No, what she's dark Phoenix's villainous, but not Jean Gray. In the in the trailer, she's controlling people's minds, she's messing with Peter, she's threatening to go after MJ. And so there is what is this? La is this you know, kind of throwing us off the scent that she might not be Jean Gray, like is the curious things overall? And apparently she takes control of the Hulk, which is what makes him kind of flip out and be big. So gotta be interesting to see this, all right, if you didn't watch.
Speaker 2: It, didn't watch, I'd tell you this movie doesn't sound good.
Speaker 1: You're insane, You're fucking insane. It sounds incredible.
Speaker 2: Yes, what is the story being told here?
Speaker 1: We don't know yet, bro, We don't know yet other than Peter navigating the loss of Ned and MJ and the loss of his May of May. And also he's evolving in some way. Why is he evolving? What is going on? So he's got to figure out what is going on with his evolution year and how the Hand come into play, how Punisher comes into play, and Hulk and all of this stuff. So that's a lot of these things come into play. I don't know. We'll find out, we'll find out where the movie drops. If anybody wants to mile watch my reaction, I posted it this morning. I recorded it in a mall in the Hoya yesterday because Lady Outlaw wanted to go see the Rue Paul movie, and we went yesterday afternoon, had a nice lunch and watch Stop that Train. Can I tell you. Not a bad movie, not great, not gonna win the Oscars, but it's eminently watchable. For ninety minutes, I was laughing Stop that Train. The Rue Paul movie, I'm telling you, it was surprisingly funny. I did not anticipate that. I thought I was gonna be bored to tears, and I had a good time with it. So just putting that out there for you all. Jeff, I won't to ask you about this. Let's move on to one superhero. You do know something about Supergirl is coming out here. I have my screenings next week. I don't know when your screening is or if you've been invited.
Speaker 2: To have.
Speaker 1: But apparently Warner Brothers has moved up their social media reactions to this house by six days. Wow. So so let me ask you this because We talk about this all the time on the show. Some people go like, well, this shows how much confidence they have in the movie, or because they have not screened it for all the other markets except for LA New York, is this them moving it up because they're carefully curated critics and influencers. They want them to deliver their very positive responses before the rest of us get to see it and react to it. What are your thoughts on that?
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, yeah, they show it to the junket tears and that way there's enough reviews to spark a score on Rotten Tomatoes, Okay, and so that score is usually higher than it would be if they just waited, you know, a full embargo with the whole media wing in so the squirrel will be higher. And then they can take that and put that in an ad and say it's one hundred percent of Rotten Tomatoes.
Speaker 1: As of June seventh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like three the movie. Yeah, and basically just go with that score for the whole campaign. They don't need to change, they don't need to update it because an ad that says hundred percent Rotten Tomatoes and then that's a fucking review and it goes down to ninety eight. You think that they call the TV station and say, oh, no longer a hundred anymore. It's still one hundred in the.
Speaker 1: Ad disclosure Day ninety three, eighty seven, eighty two, eighty one. Exactly. They won't do that. You're right on that level. But this is shenaniganst Jeff. At what point does this Shenanigan stop? It's getting so fu especially because WB absolutely quarter the market on this more than any other.
Speaker 2: I mean's on both sides, John, How can you add? It's like, I agree asking the studios to act seriously when we have articles about Rotten Tomatoes critics who are gaming the system so that they can bet on Calshie. Yeah, I mean that that article was fucking insane. If you guys haven't ready, I'll read it.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: It's interviews with like eight different critics who have done this essentially or thought about doing it, and would do it if they were offered a little bit more money.
Speaker 1: Wow, Like just blatantly.
Speaker 2: Changing reviews Like because I guess you can do that. I have no idea how the system works. The system is so dumb. Rotten Tomatoes is the worst, one of the worst websites on the Internet, so whit hold on.
Speaker 1: I think the people who manipulate it make it one of the worst websites. The idea of Rotten Tomatoes is great. The fact that you can go to one site and see some of your favorite film critics all compiled and have a link to read their reviews on stuff. I think that's great. The different looking about is the way they're manipulating that site. I agree with you on that. I agree with you on that.
Speaker 2: But they it's because they open the floodgates.
Speaker 1: Yes, maybe Tom Dick.
Speaker 2: And Harry is accredited on fucking Rotten Tomatoes, which is why always some for some weird reason. Yeah, the fifteen point differential between Rotten Tomatoes and Metacritic. Oh yeah, critic actually only puts professional critics on there. Yeah, critics who maybe wouldn't compromise their ethics. Yeah, well yeah, mosman, this is a fucking amateur joke. It's no difference than the IMDb uh scores or fucking letterbox scores. It's all I mean, the letterbox. This is like the new thing that studios are doing to manipulate Nicky from obsession. Is gonna have her own letterbox to count well, guess what she's rating things, and those ratings are real. They check the actual fucking score. So it's the whole thing is a goddamn joke. It's all marketing, it's all fucking game. It's all stupid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't. I mean, I haven't read that article. This is the first time hearing. Man, I'm gonna go to read it after we're done with the show, uh, because it frustrates the piss out of me. I take criticizing movies very, very seriously, because I was, you know, raised on those critics Pauline and kale A Cisco and Ebert recently, oh yeah, Gene Shallatte passing away recently, I think and Rex read like all these guys I grew up a ow In Glibra and Peter Travers, like the Elvis Mitchell, these Tom Shales, these critics like influenced me to look and watch things. Leonard Malton, of course, friend of the show and friend of the showdown. He was great. And so what has happened now is there so many young people coming in who have no knowledge of the past of criticism think that I can just talk about a film. Therefore I am a critic and you're right, Rotten Tomatoes has just loosened the qualifications for all of it. And now those people come in with their sliding scale of ethics, sliding scale of morality, and they're killing it. And a lot of them just want to stroke their own egos and feel the influencer love from people. Instead of taking their job seriously and being professionals. They want to get their ass kissed by their followers and by the studio, and that destroys the whole foundation of criticism. And it's fucking frustrating to see it. Man, you know it's so I agree with you on that end. I do agree with you on that end. So uh okay, anyway, let's move on from that. Okay, go ahead, bring it up.
Speaker 2: Think should be discussed. Okay, So first I'm going to show you guys my screen with Jamie here. This is from wednesday. I guess yesterday, Yeah, I guess. So, okay, we're talking about alien right because that was gonna be the next topic. Yes, I'll let you set it up.
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, all right, So Jeff, you talked about this in your newsletter here. You speculated that Ridley Scott here might be the impediment that is going on here for trying to land a director for Alien Rodulus sequel. The recent director of Evil, Dead Burne was apparently in talks with those talks fell apart, and Fenni Alvas was unceremoniously removed from coming back to do the sequel, and there's been a lot of speculation. We've discussed it on the show this. I think I remember saying that that Ridley might want to direct this thing, which is why he's kind of muddy in the waters. What are your thoughts on this? What are you hearing about this?
Speaker 2: Okay, so Alien, I'd heard a while ago that they were looking that they were talking to Sebastian Vanicheck, right, who did Evil Debt that didn't work. I think he'll still end up working with the studio on something else, you know, I don't know if it didn't. It sounded like maybe it didn't work out because of you know, what we had talked about with Ridley, Like Ridley, you know, it was really wants some closure with this franchise or whatever one wants to do another one, you know, I think that there may be some resistance regarding that. So anyways, the breaking so so like you know, before just now or you know, basically before yesterday, I didn't really know where where it's doing. I knew it was a priority, you know. I think that maybe there was a Michael Saranovsky rumor at one point who did a quiet place. But so, yeah, then we started hearing Brian Duffield. Oh interesting for the studio and Whiale Follow looks tremendous.
Speaker 1: It does.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'd heard him and was gonna maybe run that as a rumor soon or whatever. But I guess Daniel RpK just did something about it. He said that Field is actually going to be writing the new Alien movie. Oh and unclear whether he'll wind up directing. I imagine unless he gets some huge mega offer that he probably would stick around to direct it.
Speaker 1: Right.
Speaker 2: That is an interesting distinction, uh, because Brian is a great writer. So they just bring him to write the script right now and we'll see and then he'll take it from there. You know, they'll decide if he's going to direct it once they see it.
Speaker 1: Do you think it's about testing out to like see if we like working with him, and then we might give him the They just did Whale Follow with him. Well, then why not give him the director's chair. What is this all about? I don't know. Yeah, and Jose massive question of it all. What happens to Fede screenplay. That's a great question as well.
Speaker 2: I think that'll probably get toasted.
Speaker 1: God damn it, God damn fuck. If this is all because of Ridley, Man, get the fuck out of the way, old man, Like, seriously, get the fuck out of the way. Let young creatives come in. Do you not see what Dan track DeBerg has been doing.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's what he's been doing, is letting it, I mean to direct it, you know, Yeah, he's been letting people do that. But yeah, you know, this is this is his baby he.
Speaker 1: You know, Yeah, I guess when you look.
Speaker 2: At the rest of that development slate, it's like I kind of get it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I don't know, but I mean those US two movies from his his were not well received by the fan base overall, and so I don't know why he wants to come back. Alien Covenant was trashed, Promethea is a very divisive movie, but Alien Rodulus got people back on board and excited for it. Now you want to come in, It's like having a backup quarterback. Take the team to a thirty five.
Speaker 2: Person his like, I don't know. Yes, yes, he wants the perfect time. Maybe that's why Duffield is only writing as of right now. According to Daniel.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I just think it's the wrong move. Sometimes you got to move your ego out of the way and I think what's best for the project, and it's not always you, all right, Anything more to say on that? Anything more to say on that? Jeff?
Speaker 2: No, I don't think.
Speaker 1: Okay. I want to get your thoughts, Jeff. A follow up on our story from last week. You were you've been taking a little bit of guff on your report here on The Batman two with Brian Tyree Henry and Victor z Oz for Sebastian Stan. Is there anything you want to say to the people who've been giving you a little bit of guff, who've been going back in time to find articles from seven years ago to say, don't listen to Jeff Stider because he got this one thing.
Speaker 2: Wrong eleven years ago.
Speaker 1: Fifteen indeed, yeah, yeah, and I almost reposted some of these because I think it's a little ridiculous. But whatever, wait your thoughts.
Speaker 2: I'm just waiting for the sweet communication. Listen we've seen certain people at certain studios deny certain things within certain minutes or certain hours. Yeah, now it's been certain days.
Speaker 1: Have we seen any denials. We haven't seen any denials. We have not.
Speaker 2: I haven't seen them either. Again, I just say I think there's a big game that's afoot. I'll tell you this much.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I feel more confident in it than I did when I posted it.
Speaker 1: Wow. Wow, Okay, all right, because.
Speaker 2: I posted it, but now I know you were, But now I feel even more.
Speaker 1: That's why I say wow, because you work. We had conversations off Mike before you posted it. I was like, okay, yeah, but I feel a lot better. Some people have come out at this whole thing like, oh, well, he's got the characters confused or whatever. Like, but you're clear about who it is. You've vetted them, you've asked the questions. You know these characters. So I just want to make that clear. People makes all kinds of shit.
Speaker 2: Sweet, It's gonna be sweet. But I just love how like dumb people are, like, yes, such a dumb ass. Hey probably read the script and saw a Harvey and just that Dent didn't even know there was a bullek in it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that kind of dumb ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's you wouldn't believe the ship I've read about me on just like people who don't know me, don't know how I work, don't know a thing, They just know what they want to be true. Yeah, and you know, to me, the disease in this whole country, John, and why we are where we are, it's that people literally don't believe the people that there that they used to believe that.
Speaker 1: They Yeah, no, it's a really good point. It's an excellent point to bring up, Jeff, You're so right on that. The but I saw somebody post uh something that I thought was one of the most hypocritical tweets that were, like, from what I from what I'm hearing, don't believe what other people are reporting about what they're hearing about the film, right, So so basically, don't believe the other people believe me, like, don't believe what they're hearing, believe what I'm hearing.
Speaker 2: Followers, and my name is not on my account exactly track record, so dumb.
Speaker 1: You know what it reminds me of.
Speaker 2: It reminds me of all these fucking arm chair Adam Schefter's. Now, oh about the guys, I've got the details on the Yannas trade.
Speaker 1: Stay tuned.
Speaker 2: It's gonna be concumed this afternoon at four o'clock. Like, shut the fuck up. That's half my feet because I'm a Celtics guy. Half like some fucking jackass being like subscribed to my substack. I'm I'm a fucking insider with food followers. Like, shut up.
Speaker 1: Good point, good point. Let's move one to some A couple of other things here, Jeff, we got some information here on the new Shaka King movie. Apparently King Uh, Danielkhluia, Tanna Taylor are set to star in the Parlay that's the name of the film from director Shaka King, who did Judas and The Black Messiah. I think all of us in the film community have been collectively wondering when we were going to get another Shaka King movie, and now apparently it's happening. I love this combo. Tanna is a force of nature. Daniel Khley is an incredible actor. Your thoughts on this?
Speaker 2: I agree? I like it too. I don't really know we know too much about the loud line.
Speaker 1: Did they put the Yeah, It's based on an original screenplayed by writer Zach Akers and Skip Bronki.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: They're revising the script. Story details, though, remain under wraps. It's being described as an action crime thriller, which is pretty broad.
Speaker 2: So yeah, so okay, we don't really know and Acres and he they wrote him which was like it was an entertaining read.
Speaker 1: But my god, that movie was bad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a little nervous about them, but I do Hey, Khlia Deanna Taylor, I really like that pairing under the direction of Pecha King, Like, yeah, I just want to know what the story is, but I'm down, I'm excited.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and just to you know, give a little back. This coincides with the stories of the rumors that are going around to Daniel Coluia has cut ties with this supposed life strategist that he was connected to because he'd gone on a sabbatical for four years from acting. So maybe and it's interesting that Shaka King, the guy who helped him get to an Oscar nomination Oscar Win rather is going is opening the door of this project to bring him in. I think this is gonna be great. It's still gonna be the return of Daniel Kluia. He were going to fall back in love with his talent and his abilities and hopefully this guy's the limit for this guy going forward, because it was weird that he disappeared for four years. Dude, he's too good to be sitting on the sidelines. Brother, you know, what are your thoughts on this? We also got this come through here Ryan Coogler is has moved his deal which recently ended with Disney, and he has now moved over to Netflix. So what are your thoughts on this? Do you like that he has gone over to Netflix? And what do you anticipate is going to be happening here?
Speaker 2: I mean, I have no idea what he's looking to do. I don't know if it was just a matter of money. I mean, it's not like he was struggling to get stuff on the air at Disney. He had Ironheart was his right X files at Hulu, so you know he was being productive. Yeah, I imagine Netflix has offered him more money or whatever. This is not hurt And they got Quinta Brunson today from Warner Brothers, right, So yeah, it's just a you know, a game of musical chairs. And besides, even with all these deals.
Speaker 1: Exclusive this over all that blah blah blah.
Speaker 2: Blah, these guys are doing projects all over, aren't they.
Speaker 1: I guess I don't you know, I don't know what the deal deals are, because does this mean he'll do Black Panther three and then he's done with Marvel and Disney for with the Wakanda stuff, Like now there's going to.
Speaker 2: Netflix five years you know, yes, after Black that's yeah, but that's the TV deal, right, this is this isn't a film building.
Speaker 1: That's true.
Speaker 2: That's true. Yeah he's there, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I'm curious. Let's get two big stories here, Jeff, what's your thoughts on Fox? By Roku here for twenty two billion dollars? I was reading Bloomberg Business and Vultures breakdown of this, and this seems very much like Fox being proactive to take advantage of where viewers are going, which is moving away from traditional TV and moving on to these platforms and these streaming situations. So do you like this as a move for Fox? This makes sense them trying to replace what they sold when they went to Disney. Your thoughts on the stuff?
Speaker 2: This is a very good, uh move for Fox. I won't pretend that I know all the numbers and stats or whatever, but like Roku is used in a solid number of homes. Yeah, and this gives Fox more flexibility it could do. It could team up like Roku and two be Yes.
Speaker 1: This two Bees under Fox as well.
Speaker 2: Right, Yeah, Yeah, there's a lot of stuff that they can do with it. I think it was a good business and it was just like a prime m and a target that was kind of sitting out there. Yeah, kudos to Murdoch for getting that done.
Speaker 1: But this shows how we're just you know, because there was rumors that Ruffrix was Netflix was gonna go get lions Gate and that's been kind of disputed. So what are your thoughts on that? Do you think that's not happening? Because I mean, just this feels like the conglomeration of entertainment. This is what it's becoming. Everything is under these windows and morality kind of gets thrown out the window if you want to enjoy entertainment, it seems like in this situation. So what are your thoughts on the Netflix lines gip is that happening not happening?
Speaker 2: I mean, listen, it came from Semaphore, which to me does not have like a big track record as far as entertainment reporting goes.
Speaker 1: Don't get me wrong. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Do I think this is their forte? Not exactly. Do I think that they could have kicked the tires? Yeah, I mean it's bad, bad business. Not too If lions Gates are for sale, you go in there, you take a look at the books. If you can't, you know, find out what the number is that they're looking for. But at in the day, Yeah, it could be just what Netflix said, Yeah, we're not interested. I meant I was surprised when I heard it. Yeah, it's like, what does Netflix really need with lions Gate? I get the Hunger Games and John Wick like, is it really about your hands on that ip? So they make odd bedfellows. So I don't think it'll happen, right, I don't know if it you know, if if it was a conversation at some point, But yeah, I.
Speaker 1: Don't know how you go from w B to lions Gate. Like, honestly, I mean, WB is what you want to get, right, It's like that scene in Defending Your Life. Don't show me that other card before you show me my BMW.
Speaker 2: You know, well and get what you can. I mean to me, when I first heard the lions Gate Netflix thing, to me, it was like, oh, Netflix is just trying to take a competitor off the board.
Speaker 1: Mm hm oh yeah, I guess.
Speaker 2: Yeah, if it's not going to break the bank, and we can just like wipe out whole studios theatrical releases or or play the theatrical game like they said that they wanted to right when when they were gonna buy Warner Brothers. Maybe they start saying that's, you know, same stuff again with Lionsgate, or maybe they just take him off the board entirely, and it's like, yeah, you want to see Hunger Games, you want to see John Wick. It's all on Netflix now.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, here the franchises I think that are under the John Wick and for Lionsgate, Hunger Games, Twilight, Saga, which could make a comeback, Saw the Blair Witch Project, now you see Me, Divergent, possibly the expendables certainly still.
Speaker 2: Streamers need exactly. Yeah, it does have those. Yeah, so it's like, is that is that the play?
Speaker 1: They also I have sixty five hundred additional ips, including Yellow Jackets and The Rookie. They did films like Green Book, Spotlight, The Woman King, So there's a lot here that they could possibly just kind of consume into their overall pot for Netflix, but I don't think it'd be as big of a splash as Warner Brothers obviously, So.
Speaker 2: I've heard ness to get their hands on on the Spotlight right so they can do Spotlight two. It's about Jelly Roll's divorce, Jenny Roll.
Speaker 1: I might do a video on that this weekend. That is drama on so many levels that fuck out Jelly Roll. Well, I don't know. Do we want to talk about this? Do you want to talk about January sixth movie? And talks to stay with Sean pen Sean Pender. It's said to be probably based on the life of Fenoen, the guy, the officer who has been the most vocal of the officers who's attacked that day on January sixth, But they're saying that it's not a January sixth movie. It's about his early rise to become a police officer, and then maybe the last few minutes is about January sixth. What are your thoughts on this, Jeff? And are you surprised that Warner Brothers, which is about to be bought up by a Trump loving paramount company, would be doing this? No, not surprised. Do you think it'll happen that's the other question. Yeah, that's another question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but Chanpann has three oscars, just one another oscar obviously for a turn to Warner Brothers movie to respect him as a director up there, Bradley Cooper is super important to them, So I don't think that, you know, they're just making announcemance for the hell of it up there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do think.
Speaker 2: I think you're right, Like, I don't think this is like a January sixth movie. I think this is a story about a cop who you know, and like you said, it ends on January sixth. Yeah, it shows what led him to that, you know all that. I think it could be good. I don't think that we deserve this movie because frankly, people don't deserve our other Bradley Cooper copp movie, which is The Place Beyond the Mines.
Speaker 1: No, right, yes, I know that's it's a sticking point for you, so you don't.
Speaker 2: But it was an again inevitable that we're going to get a story about January sixth, and I'm glad you're not just getting the version of that story that we would all imagine, you.
Speaker 1: Know, right right right. This is going to be an interesting approach from the ground up for a police officer and what he experienced there for sure. Yeah, I like it. I like these days. Look, Sean Ben's been very outspoken cooper as well, So I'll be curious to see what this film is going to end up becoming when it finally comes out, if it ever comes out. So all right, Well you want to get to the questions?
Speaker 3: Man?
Speaker 1: Shall we get to the questions? We got like twenty one of them? Shall we start? Are you right? No? Oh? You want to do? What else we want to talk about? Get it on, Jeff?
Speaker 2: The additions that I told you to add last night?
Speaker 1: All right? I didn't know if you want to talk to him. You didn't give me any updates. So let's do it. All right, let's get it. This is the big part of the show here, Jeff. Go ahead, You've got a all right cruise.
Speaker 2: Here's let me sit up, pitch you.
Speaker 1: Some of you are watching this right now? How many people are watching the show right now? Uh? Five hundred and twenty? There you go?
Speaker 2: Are all five hundred and twenty of you subscribe to the fucking Newslater?
Speaker 1: Oh my god? Are all five hundred and twenty you sending in a little bit of donation. We'd appreciate that as well. Go ahead, Yes, I would appreciate that. But the newsletter had the goods this week.
Speaker 2: And I know that because I've spoken to every fucking studio publicist because they've called freaking out. Okay, Wow, I got a nineteen page document, okay, of studio mandates for this summer you know whatever. It was written in like mid to late May. Essentially, Okay, this these were This is an external document. This is not you know, Warner Brothers compiling this information about itself, but it's compiled by an agency or a management company. So they're talking to a representative of Warner Brothers, you know, maybe the executive there, an assistant who's on an important desk, whatever it may be, get this information.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: So there's a lot of juicy stuff in here, and I've been publishing it. I've decided to do it over five days, even though I could have stretched out to like seven or ten days. I am a bunch of groups of studios together, and I'm just basically running the document as is verbatim within my own analysis. So day one it was Disney Searchlight twentieth Century Studios and Lucasfilm. Yes, I took something out about Lucasfilm because I you know.
Speaker 4: Obviously clearly I've got sources that lucasfilmly had a pretty good track record as far as Star Wars, and so the juiciest thing that was in there they actually told me to take out, okay, because it wasn't accurate, But I'll share what it was right now.
Speaker 1: Oh, go ahead. In the document, yes.
Speaker 2: There was a line about the future of Star Wars TV shows, okay, and it mentioned this, shows about this and shows about this. And then the third thing that it said was that they were exploring the idea of doing horror in the Star Wars you know whoa Now, again, my source says that this is not accurate.
Speaker 1: Oh, it's not accurate.
Speaker 2: Okrect you said it's it's not true. But I did, like, I thought that was very interesting because obviously horror is having a moment right now.
Speaker 1: It's super Yes, yes, I.
Speaker 2: Know, Star Wars is supposed to be this family friendly brand and it's you know, you could still do family friendly horror in a way, but is there a way? I mean, should imagine somebody fucking going on an attack with the force, just like chron like Chronicle with Date with but Dan Dahon has the force, or someone who's going around on a rampage with like a lightsaber or something like, yeah, a slasher movie with a lightsaber. I have no fucking idea what they had in mind, if they had anything mind, I'm told it's not true.
Speaker 1: But it was fascinating. Okay, that was like some I took.
Speaker 2: Out from Lucasfilms. Paramount Uh, sorry, Disney, what else was Disney? Well, let's cut to today. So today I did Warner Brothers. In Paramounts under Warner Brothers, there's a line about how Warner Brothers is on the down well quietly looking for epic R rated horror for Tom Cruise.
Speaker 1: Whoa top this Tom Cruise? That is Tom Cruise?
Speaker 2: That Tom Cruise?
Speaker 1: If they're looking for something along the lines of the Shining. So I'm like, what I'm like trying to.
Speaker 2: Think, you know, big horror, you know what what could that be? And who could it be with? And I just think if they paired him with a Ryan Coogler or Zach Kreiger and they put the trigger on mountains at the Mountains of Madness, that would be so fucking cool.
Speaker 1: Fascinating.
Speaker 2: And so when I put this to my Warner Brothers insider, they laughed, right, and I said, don't laugh because to me, right now, everybody's going small. Everybody's looking at obsession and back rooms and saying, how can we get our seven hundred and fifty thousand dollars horror movie that makes three d million dollars? How can I go on YouTube and Reddit and find the next back rooms?
Speaker 1: Right?
Speaker 2: If everybody's gonna do that. If I'm Warner Brothers, I zig where everybody else zags, and I say, if everyone's gonna go small, we're gonna go big, and we're going to continue. Like with Sinners, which was a ninety million dollar horror movie, to invest roughly ninety one hundred million dollars, maybe you can do more if you have Tom Cruise right right, right and twenty five and do big epic horror that could make three hundred four hundred million worldwide. I think that would be super interesting. But the fact like that that was part of the mandate. You guys should subscribe to newsletter. Read all the mandates. Yeah, there's so many more coming and there's so much information in them, and I find it just really educational and instructional, and so the big thing. So this wasn't in the document, but this I did reporting on on my own.
Speaker 1: Okay, the Star Trek, Yes, the.
Speaker 2: New Star Trek movie, yeah, I'm told is in the vein of Training Day.
Speaker 1: Wow. What a Star Trek movie in the vein of Training Day.
Speaker 2: So when you think about it, it's a lot like Lanterns, right, yeah, yeah, rizzled veteran and then your new guy who's kind of wide eyed and he's gonna show him the ropes or whatever. Now with Lanterns, you know, I don't know that that's exactly what you're gonna get. That is what I heard was sort of the pitch for this Star Trek that it's like basically someone's first day in space. Wow wow, And that it's all new characters, none of the legacy characters, not like someone's gonna be recast as Kirk or Spock or any of that. Brand new story to get people excited in the universe again, in the world and all the possibilities and all that without having to you know, be a sleeve to canon or whatever the.
Speaker 1: Hell right, right, And is the guy going to be corrupt like Denzel Washington's corrupt or Is it more a matter of like a grizzly veteran teaching the young kid the road.
Speaker 2: I don't that. I don't know. I don't know if there will be that kind of a twist that would be interesting. Agreed, yes, but I do think that you have to do something different. You can't just trot out here's Kirk and Spock and Bones and a Hura and we're just gonna beat them.
Speaker 1: And eh.
Speaker 2: I just I think that there's so many directions you can go in when you're up there in space and with this franchise, like, let's do something new and exciting and original.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't this be the Tarantino movie if he was to come back and do Star Trek. Wouldn't this He's not coming back to Star Treks. I'm just saying I don't think it'll be Listen, First of all, I don't buy his bullshit that this next film is going to be the last one. I think that's bullshit. But like, this could be interesting if he was to get back, involve a Star Trek and do this film, do interview saying I'm not done, I want to do this. This sounds exciting. It's not my last film. This could be fun. This would get people excited.
Speaker 2: No, yeah, Onuce in Tarantino taking a ship and my toilet would get people excited.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, all right, not me, but okay.
Speaker 2: I'm.
Speaker 1: The wall.
Speaker 2: No, I do not want to see him directing a fucking Star Trek. Goldstein and Daily, I think are the perfect directors for this. I'm more of a medic, right, It's not gonna be King Kong and God shit on me. But that is what I heard was sort of the idea behind it was training day in space.
Speaker 1: Okay, that's awesome. I love that idea if they can pull it off, because Star Treks certainly needs an injection. We just had the trailer for a Strange World. Strange New World season four come out this week. Good trailer, but third season was kind of a mix, a gentle mess, so they need something positive. This could be exciting. I love this.
Speaker 2: How'd you cast a John because to me, I would go older guy, younger girl.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, that could be fun. Yeah, I guess so that's that could be the way to go, femail lead instead of you know, the Crispine. But we're talking feature film, right, so that kind of opens you up to a whole other level of actor that you will have access to to pitch this too, you know.
Speaker 2: And so you're really good lead in the Star Trek movie.
Speaker 1: You ready to go ahead? Go ahead?
Speaker 2: Flow bow flow Bow flow po flor sigy up anything on the Agent. And I don't know who the older guy is. Maybe it's Brolin, you.
Speaker 1: Know, McConaughey. Why not McConaughey. I'm just what we're doing an Interstellar right now on the centopals on my pocket, and I'm like falling back in love with McConaughey as an actor. Him as the older grizzled captain could be interesting. Man, I've always loved him. Yeah, swaggering Kim in Florence Beauty. What's that? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, not those are two like little I mean, the stars Wark thing is not in the document, but the time Cruise things, and there's a lot of a lot of other stuff and so many more entries coming and just really interesting business stuff that, believe me, they do not want out there. Which is a subscribe and read it. Yeah, definitely definitely a true Yesterday, John, So what I walk paramount through everything? I'm gonna tell them, yes, I'm saying, I literally I'm reading them the document no surprises, and then like an hour before I was gonna pose last night, they're like they call him. They're like, just so you know, Jeff Probes is a out to post a video about an animated survier movie because that I told him I was gonna write about it.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Like they're like, yeah, we've.
Speaker 2: Been holding this since, like you know, CinemaCon raffles. I'm like, well, then you should have fucking announced it. If I'm coming to you and laying all my cards on the table and saying I'm gonna report this and you're saying, well, we've been meaning to report this for the last two months. Here's you ran out of time.
Speaker 1: You missed. I'm sorry you're out of luck.
Speaker 2: So I'm completely not cool what they did last night because it makes me not want to show my hands again. Yeah, if you do not want to share what I'm gonna say if it just gets leaked to Variety for a six thirty break, uh with a coordinated Jeff pros in Probs Instagram post, just nonsense.
Speaker 1: So I made it clear to mister Allison and his people that won't be happy, Okay, all right, I don't know if we want to make an enemy of Allison, but okay, we're gonna kiss and make up.
Speaker 2: You know. I'm sure I'm to get something very cool, uh for my troubles. But yeah, and believe me, it's me. Good season baby, Come Friday Monday. I got scoops out the wahs. These have nothing to do with the document.
Speaker 1: So wow, wow, there you go. Age, definitely subscribe to Insider dot com. Get all that information and be the cool one with all your friends. Put doling out the information. And just like Jeff said, like this is the thing that I pushed back on people all the time. Will come sometimes they come and text me or DM me like why do you why do you believe this stuff? Jeff does the work people like all these other people, they're not taking meetings with fucking agents. They're not on the phone with or having dinner with creatives and all this kind of stuff. Jeff does that. So like, yeah, yes, if you think I would attach myself to someone who is just like finding shit in the wind, your guys are out of your fucking minds.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I do find shit in the wind, not love running. You know, a rumor that is a little shaky a rumor, right, but yeah, let's listen. They're always couched and positioned the right way. Yeah, like yeah, yeah, it's so everyone's just so conspiratorial and like conspiracy minded out there. I took the world. I took a bit of a risk, and I'm glad I did because as of this week, I know it was it paid off, it was correct.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I have someone who reached out to me is like, no, I'm telling you right now, Jeff's wrong, And I'm like, okay, all right, all right, well but yeah, we'll find out. We'll find out. Okay, let's get to the questions. Ben Davis says, Hey, any new Star Wars news? Thanks, guys. Well, Jeff just revealed some possible Star Wars news. But other than that, is there anything else you got? Jeff? You were saying, like the Star Wars television shows, but it's not really true.
Speaker 2: That's not news. They're not doing shows. Do I have any Star Wars stuff? No, it's been okay, it's been quiet on Star Wars.
Speaker 1: I'm sure they want it that way with all the madness going on with Mando and Grogu, So it's been a little quiet. Uh, is your Star Wars person saying that this all hullabaloo about this Mando and Grog situation. They all knew it wasn't gonna do that great, so they're not as worried about it. Is that what the energy is?
Speaker 2: I mean, I think that everybody, Lucas Schulman said that building had that inclination.
Speaker 1: I don't think anybody is like panicking.
Speaker 2: And like we're all going to lose our jobs and be replaced.
Speaker 1: I think it's just yeah, yeah, so all this chicken little stuff that was Wars.
Speaker 2: That's in the document, right, they want more stuff like Starfighters. So again I think that that's going to kick off the next yeah era Star Wars.
Speaker 1: Charman charmarv George says, I finally caught you guys live. I just want to say thank you for the content. You guys are amazing. My favorite youtubet. Oh thanks, I love the picture. Yeahokud it looks dapper. Uh cartoon for what Jeff? What's Jeff's take on the Knicks win and the UFC event the Freedom two fifty?
Speaker 2: Yeah, the Knicks wins were ridiculous. They were amazing, right, like, well, like what can be said? The fact that that's that's statistic. You could bet one hundred If you bet one hundred dollars when the Knicks were down in that first game or whatever, yeah, against the Hawks, and you just kept rolling it over and betting on the Knicks at their lowest point in each game, you would have gone from one hundred dollars, you would have made twenty five million dollars.
Speaker 1: WHOA, my god, that's insane.
Speaker 2: That's what you said, were paying four million dollars heading on five games. Uh, and in like you'll we'll never see anything like it.
Speaker 1: I don't think. Yeah, do I hate the next yes? Uh?
Speaker 2: New York was like behave like complete assholes in the wake of that win, right, I mean it was like cool to see some of like the camaraderie and like New York coming, but it was all like you know that poor cab driver.
Speaker 1: Did you see that? Yeah? I did, I did.
Speaker 2: I don't understand to just like destroy the city after like a great night, a great.
Speaker 1: It's weird, it's weird, it's it's well. I mean, a fan is short for fanatic, and a fanatic does not dealing the eight between violence and excitement. So you know, sadly, the truth.
Speaker 2: I had a great night though. I went to a house party that night. I wound up talking spending two hours talking with Dream of Walker.
Speaker 1: Do you know that is no who's Dream of Walker the star of Compliance? Okay, maybe I do know dream.
Speaker 2: Dream Yeah, yeah, like Dream with an a after it. She's great in that movie. It's funny. It was like the first thing she said to me because I can out a little bit once I realized that it was her. I'm a huge Compliance fan, and she's seen naked. I'm like, I guess I have. I guess I have seen you naked. But you're also a great actress.
Speaker 1: Like legitimately, the movie is amazing if you guys haven't seen, it's amazing, right Compliance? Right, the one about the girl who they call in based on the true story where they get her to like take all the clothes off because this guy is like, yeah, I'm manipulating her manager, right right right.
Speaker 2: It's like we remember that movie as like kind of now like the first time I remember seeing like Anne Dowd and Bill Camp we're like the best character actors now, right, you know, back like Dream and Walker was the start of that movie, and it's an movie.
Speaker 1: But I remember dream of from Jonn't Trust to Be an Apartment twenty three he and Kristin Ritter. I remember that.
Speaker 2: So yeah, girl, So I had a really good time watching the finals at that party and hanging out with her. Watch the UFC thing it looks, I mean, it's the Michelle Obama thing is just disgusting, just a stain on the on the White House.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and motherfucker trying to defend it yesterday it was even worse. You're the problem. You didn't know. I was joking, you're the problem. Fuck off your fucking CT candidate Robert Sanchez is the Daniel's new movie, Captain Planet. It was described as a superhero flick with global warming as the villain and kids as the main characters. I mean, Jeff, this is not off face, It's not off face. What are your thoughts on this?
Speaker 2: It's I don't think it is Captain Planet.
Speaker 1: I mean melted as Captain Planet would be really interesting, bro. I don't think it's like far off.
Speaker 2: But no, I don't think it's that because only because like I think it'sn't Leo producing Captain Planet. Yeah, but you haven't heard anything about Leo producing this movie. But you know if I it's like, nothing's happening with Captain Plan, I don't know when there will be, Like if I'm the Daniels, it's not it's it's fertile ground. It's a fertile territory, right, Like we're gonna do an environmental hero or whatever.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yeah, sounds interesting, could be interesting. Fuzzy Bubble says, just a joke, But Jeff lounging out looks like he's waiting for Chris Hansen to show up in surprise. Yikes, yikes. All right, yeah, Fuzzy likes to do that. Shit.
Speaker 2: Does that make me the perv?
Speaker 1: Or yeah, it makes you the perp? Yeah, yeah, that's what he's trying to say. Nice. Meanwhile, Fuzzy Bubbles is watching us in a bathrobe in his underwear. Alex ten adpx Pie says, did you guys see the report that Tray's published yesterday about diversity and how we're dropping nearly fifty percent? So sad and depressing, all that work done just for it to be destroyed because of politics. Well no, no, let's clarify, not just because of politics, it's because people like you and I and everyone else didn't watch this stuff. And I said this from the beginning years ago. We can ask for inclusivity, we can ask for representation, but if our own communities aren't gonna fucking show up, and white allies are not going to show up, guess what, it's not going to financially make sense. Hollywood ain't going to cancel something that's diverse and making money. You know. Yeah, they're making fewer movies too in general, but where was everybody? It is?
Speaker 2: God Is right, But it is every bit as polished or as talented like a featured debut as Curry Barker or Kane Parsons. Quite frankly, it just got unlucky being released at the same time as those movies. Not that if those movies didn't hugely overperform, that is God Is was going to be some box office hit. It was never destined to be that. But it's a very very good movie. And hopefully someone will take a chance and and make Alicia Harris' second movie, because she really did just get she was a victim of timing.
Speaker 1: I would say, yeah, I'm not saying diversity isn't being pushed out. It absolutely is. They're all cow telling to Trump for fucking sure. But it wouldn't have happened if we weren't going to these if we had started going to these things in larger numbers, giving it to money, but we would have been voting, and with our dollars, they would have found it much harder to cancel this kind of stuff or to move off from this kind of stuff. So, you know, everyone has to take responsibility for the situation. Hashtag prices Onny Taylor. Joy's character in Hunt for Gollum is Sarah. She's created specifically for the film. She's not from Token's original books. Very fun, all right, so we'll see what she does. Kind of like they added that and Angeline Lily situation in the Hobbit Media U racist picture was over there, like, make sure you tell them that I said, I don't care. Make sure they know that because I saw ray Gun and it was pretty good. Oh, Fincher was over there, like make sure you tell them that I said I don't care. Make sure they know that because I saw Reagun it was pretty good. That's what he's trying to say.
Speaker 2: Okay, sure, ray Gun is very good. I just can't tell me that more people are gonna go see that in Imax, then would go see Cliff Booths.
Speaker 1: I don't know, I don't know, Fuzzy Bubble says, I don't understand why Netflix is trying to buy a studio when they can create their own and make their money in Eaters. Well, I mean, all these people are, all these companies, Jeff, are picking up IP, picking up already ready made stuff. That's why they buy these studios for the content that's already being done. Right, Disney basically bought Fox for the IP. Yeah, yeah, that's what's going on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Netflix would just be buying a studio for the IP. It's not like they're trying to get their hands like the lot or anything.
Speaker 1: Right, right, hashtag buses. Look at how revered the Imax seventy millimeter is for Nolan's Odyssey movie. That movie isn't selling out tickets because of the Odyssey is selling out because of Imax. Right, But it's also that's more in the vein of I think that's I think that's sports Jeff's point. That's more in the vein of the Cliff Booth movie than it is the right Gun movie for sure. But wait, I'm so conve like that movie's selling out because of Nolan, right, true, that's true. What well, seeing Nolan and Imax, that's what she's I think this is what hashtag pie is trying to say, that people want to see Nolan's films in Imax, which is why it's selling out, because they know he's a visual master, master filmmaker.
Speaker 2: It's not like it's not just like Imax is what's selling the tickets, because then that would imply that every single Imax screening.
Speaker 1: Is like sold out.
Speaker 2: It doesn't matter what you go in there, because people just want to see a large store. Man, that's not true.
Speaker 1: That's not true. Yeah, because I think they yanked what Mando and Grogu or Master's universe out of Imax Earlier, Evan says, Jeff any casting or plot tidbits you could share about ari Astra, escapegoat, saw Jordan post plot details today a world of real Sorry if it was been addressed already, we didn't get to that. So what do you know about this? Do you want to think about this?
Speaker 2: You know anything other than what I've read, which made it sound like a fucking offshoot of season two of Beef.
Speaker 1: You watch season two of Beef. You told me it's not good, So I didn't watch it. It's not good. Yeah.
Speaker 2: They basically just took the subplot in that about the surgeon who accidentally kills somebody, oh oh, and then turn that into a revenge story.
Speaker 1: Okay, now I think Scarlett.
Speaker 2: Johansson is the surgeon. Somebody dies on the table. Whether it's her fault or not, I don't know.
Speaker 1: Right. Right, then that person's.
Speaker 2: Family, the wife, and you know whatever comes after her.
Speaker 1: Right, Okay, what is this? I don't know what this means, Evelyn says, timing my regal pass. When does Primetime go wide?
Speaker 2: I forget if there's a trail release date on that trailer. I think I thought it was going to be September. It might be October now, but I can't imagine be much beyond that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, in April, line is again hout that prime Time should would be part of its initial bast Theatrical is a twenty four Yeah yeah yeah so yeah, uh fred Tskas young uns. Young uns are definitely aware of movie formats because my nieces and nephews always requests the three D version when it's available.
Speaker 2: That's three that's different.
Speaker 1: Formats of formats. Bro.
Speaker 2: No, no, they're not Okay, you're talking about we're talking about the size of a screen. Okay, and no one cares. The kids don't care whether the screen is seventy feet or sixty feet. Okay, three D. That's another dimension. It's not it's another dimension.
Speaker 1: Okay. Max loss is ari Astro scapegoat also known as Editing two point five. He should go a different dementia.
Speaker 2: That's why it's a completely different experience for them.
Speaker 1: So it's Imax versus regular. But okay, he should do horror films again, he's leaning into satire, but Scar Joe is a more box office friendly star. Astor has a small loyal fan base similar to Wes Anderson. Got it, thanks man, got it? Thanks Max. Also, are you gonna go to the Criterion Wes Anderson presentation they're doing there? They I got an email the other day. They're doing a whole thing with you that I get these emails. Hilarious. Okay, all right, support, Thank you zekeon the Mongolou. You appreciate it. Right back, Warner Brother said, Okay, we've hacked it down to eighty seven minutes. I think we got the final cut. Okay, now you can talk about the movie, talking about Supergirl. It's it's down to I think one hundred and seven minutes, right, and now we're forty seven. I don't know what it is, but yeah, it's not that much.
Speaker 2: I love Let's go to this poisonous plant that I missed the point of the ari Aster film. The characters are based on the Paul Brothers and the Kirks and Erica Kirk. That's a great way to sell it. But they're just characters. They're just two brothers. We could say, oh, they're based on the Paul brothers. Why because they're two twenty five year old guys to thirty year old fuck guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well the is it gonna work? Though? That's the thing at the end of the day, and is already Astra the one to do it. Their names are Kirk and Paul. They're just uh, fuzzy Bubble says Rotten to men. This is the joke that Collider became. Yeah, I just see Jermaine going after Collidier earlier this week, kind of calling them out for their click baity headlines. Yeah, you want to say.
Speaker 2: That's the whole internet. I mean, I love Rosty, that's the fucking game. He's got to play now.
Speaker 1: Right, But is it for you know, you know me, I'll be the first one to jump in the pool to stop on Frosty. But I think it's more val Net doing this kind of stuff that's there.
Speaker 2: They have to support this whole staff, which means they need clicks, which means they need to present information a certain way. It's some of the headlines I've seen on Clyder. You've never seen a headline and over backwards, harder to justify itself. Uh, this is what this is where we are in in internet era, which is why you gotta stop reading getting your news from these websites, yes, and go straight to the source like myself. Who is the best thing that Colyder has ever seen other than Perry Oh darey?
Speaker 1: Fuck face, I'm in the room, Maglider got rid of gall production year. What can we expect the trailer? When can we expect the trailer for the Great Beyond? I don't know. Trying to say we can't get it. We're not gonna get a trailer probably never. They put in a box and bury it.
Speaker 2: I think you'll see it around the super Girl probably Supergirl or.
Speaker 1: End of Oak Street at the latest. Oh yeah, probably Supergirl. Mister Pickler, I think movie studis should start planning their dates better. Like if he Man was placed in January through March, I think it would have made some money. In this goes for Supergirl. I am nervous on where it's placed instead of moving it back again.
Speaker 2: This movie got screwed too. You can't know that Backroom's gonna make eighty million dollars a week before you come out, right right, you know it, and maybe you should have known it right right, But when you dated that movie, you probably didn't know it.
Speaker 1: And that's okay. Yeah, and you're stuck with it, like yeah, sometimes there was And these people do a lot of research. I mean they will just go, you know what, let's just put it here. They do a lot of research of when they're going to put these movies out. They don't always get it right, and Unforcenly, some movies suffer for that. But that's no one's one hundred percent. Nothing's one hundred percent. Hashtag pies, Wow, thank you, hashtag. I appreciate it very kind. All kinds of rumors for the mcux men keep coming. There are people saying Patrick Wilson is in toxicolity, professor x or Magneto, Josh Hartnet for mister senator or Henry Guirich, Sidney Sweetey fra Amma Frost. Thoughts on all of these My head spits these people.
Speaker 2: Who are these people who are saying I actually can see Patrick Wilson as professor.
Speaker 1: I agreed, did a yeah, yeah, yeah, see that very much so.
Speaker 2: Josh Hartnet is mister sinister. This feels like an Internet a figment of the Internet's imagination.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, Henry Guyrich.
Speaker 2: I don't know what that is.
Speaker 1: I don't know who that is. That is that X men villain, I have no Yeah he is he is. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Sydney sweet for Emma Frost seems a little too easy.
Speaker 1: And you neither. You need a really good actress to play Amma Frost. No offense to Sydney.
Speaker 2: But Meryl Streep to play Meryll Fucking what the fuck are you talking about?
Speaker 1: First of all, I didn't say Meryl Street. I said a really good actress it is. It doesn't go with Sidney Sweety and then Meryl Streep. That's me. That's the Frost we need. Hollywood. Look, I know you want to sleep with her, but that doesn't mean there aren't other good actresses out there who could play this role that are not Meryl Streep or Sidney Sweeney. Maybe a little bit better than Sydney, but lower than Merrill. And I'm just saying there's a better either better act We had January Jones last time, and that was not a good performance. When Edward says, I'm not a fan of race swapping characters, however, two Faced isn't a big character who cares. Conversely, I'm against a black double O seven. There are other double oh's. We would have liked the black double OH six, a female double three, et cetera. Create something new. Yeah, I mean I would. I would push back way in the two Face isn't a big character. I do think two Face is a big character, but he's already been race swapped, you know, race swapped with Billy D Williams, So I don't think it's that big of a deal. I agree with you, and I hear you on Double O seven. I hear you on Double O seven. But it's not like there aren't black British people who could play this character. So I think that who could be born in Scotland and have all the background that James Bond had and could play it, you know, so I don't think it's that big of a deal. Jeff Any thoughts on this.
Speaker 2: I think it's ridiculous. Not a fan of race swamping characters. I mean, yeah, I think that we can have a black two face. In fact, I think it'd be more interesting than a white two face against a black double O seven. I'm not against a black double seven. I'm against a black batman.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I could see that Batman, but that's really like the only character I'm like. Yeah, cartoon before a black Batman.
Speaker 1: Thoughts on RoboCop show with James wand director. We talked about that earlier cartoon forty nine. H put the time code down there. You go back and and watch that section of the show. Black Batman. Huh what who would be a good black batman? This is a great question. Hold on, this is a good question. Hold on a second. All right, I gotta look at the roster.
Speaker 3: Uh.
Speaker 1: Let me bring up my website of all the black guys. I mean, you gotta you gotta shake your you gotta, you know, shake the tree a little bit, uh and see what's what's around here? I mean, do you turn your nose at Daniel co Oh, yeah, we talk about him coming back. Do you turn your nose at that possibility? You say that's not possible? No, I like that. Yeah, I don't mind that. I don't think Boyega Oh yeah, dude, yeah yeah, abdua ma Tea in the second as Batman as Bruce Wayne ben Affleck style Bruce Wayne. Yes, yeah, I can see that. I would love that. Fuck me, I would love that. Yeah, that's my choice. Yeah, yeah, all right, what's next? What's next? One? Okay? All right? Uh baia, Michael says some to the newsletter, Snyder, don't let me down. There you go, We'll see Wayne Ever says DC has the rights to Milestone Comics, a slew black superheroes and villains created by black creators, or any of these characters in development with James Gunn for film or streaming. I might say, I would imagine no at this point, I would be very surprised. Maybe there's been feelers, but I don't know. Jeff, I don't think he would.
Speaker 2: I don't even I don't know what Milestone comics are. I've never heard of, like you have a single character static shock static shock Okay, yeah, I just thought he was a DC character.
Speaker 1: Uh maybe they try to get static Shock in something. I have no idea. Yeah yeah, yeah, well, I mean Milestone is under DC, so that's kind of why it would be a possibility of static Shock to be a part of this thing. Yeah. You got hardware, Icon, Blood Syndicate, and uh, Milestone, so there's possibilities there.
Speaker 2: For sure, static shock would be the only one.
Speaker 1: Yeah. C. C. Black says B and D have a Brand New Day had the highest pre sales in five years, which is the fourth most of all time. Two billion for Spider Man, four billion total for Doomsday and a Brand New Day.
Speaker 2: I mean, yeah, that's that's fair to you know. If if Brand New Day did one seven and Dooms they did two three, that's doable.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, I don't know if I see Spider Man doing two billion. Yeah, certain, he ain't close. Yeah, it'll get close, yankes eighty four days is Jackass? Five is the last Jackass film? But is it the end of the franchise? Could there be a new TV show with the younger cast? I don't know why you get rid of it, right, Jeff? Yeah, I think that there should be.
Speaker 2: I mean, Knoxville kind of is the Jackass brand. If you could get him back as like the MC, like a master of ceremonies host of the show, that would be great. He doesn't need to be out there doing stunts or anything. He'd just be the host. But yeah, I would love to see the next generation continue to watch poopies doing crazy shit. I just think that the format lends itself. It has a certain appeal, like it's just like America's funniest own videos, right, we want to see guys get hitting the nuts and do stupid shit to each other.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, absolutely, Reggie pronounces, I think Punisher is a brand new day because John Barthol is a bigger name to the public than Charlie Cox. Daredevil and Punisher are equal names in the comics, and Daredevil is one of Spidey's best friends. Well, Reggie, there's no how can I say this, There's no possibility, There's no reason to believe Daredevil isn't in this movie. They're going He's going to prison the hands in this movie. So they're just showing Bernhal only because they want to save Daredevil for the movie. I think Jeah exactly.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Yeah, Burnenthal is a bigger name he's more marketable, so yeah, put him in the campaign and h I ha Daredevil for the people who paid to see him exactly.
Speaker 1: Oh yankses appreciate the scoops chants John burn Back on X Man is huge. Yeah, I talked about that earlier. Uh yeah. Joseph Clapps says, do you think video games will like Call of Duty? Warhammer, got a war on TV? Will be popular like the Fallout TV show, or more like how the new Mortal Kombat played. You guys are awesome. Thank you, Joseph. Jeff thoughts on this.
Speaker 2: I actually do think that they will be popular.
Speaker 1: I could see. I don't know, I mean follow Out. They just did such a good job with the marketing. I think. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, So I guess it sort of depends on like it's God of War gonna be the next Fallout or the next Rings of Power.
Speaker 1: It's a good question.
Speaker 2: Warhammer, I think, will be more successful, right. I say this again just based on reactions.
Speaker 1: To my tweets over the years.
Speaker 2: Guys, Okay, when I drop a scoop, If I dropped a Warhammer scoop and I dropped a God of War scoop as a reporter, I'm expecting the Warhammer scoop to be a lot bigger, right, So.
Speaker 1: I'm just going off of that, and I think Call of Duty will be hugely successful. Yeah, yeah, yeah, Buzzy Bumble says Damn. Chris answers a shout up with me. They're just kidding. I'm always willing to make fun of myself as well. That's good. It's a good healthy attitude. All right, Let's get to these super chick our stream lives as well. Shit, where are these at? Where they go? Come on? All right, here we go? All right, let's see. All right, fantastic? Was I about Mike show my support of this early third they show question any news from Amazon MGM on James Bond? Thanks, and I'll be watching the show. Sorry, what any news on James Bond from Amazon MGM? Yes? Or no? No? No? No news? Okay? Is there anything in your right ups to the studios that might hint at James Bond or anything people to look.
Speaker 2: Out for maybe hope you'll have to subscribe. So again, we've done, we've been doing studios. I haven't touched Amazon, Apple, Netflix. There's a lot of stuff that'll be coming that'll be coming next week.
Speaker 1: Okay. BK twenty three says you guys are the best. Keep it up. Please rank my five favorite comedies of all time National Lampion's Vacation, Big Lebowski, Dumb and Dubble, Ferris Bueller's Day Off, and Raising Arizona. That's a murderer's book. You lear number one for me? Okay? Then probably Dumb and Dumber.
Speaker 2: Okay, what are the other then Raising Arizona?
Speaker 1: Okay, what are the other two?
Speaker 2: Vacation Lebowski, I'll go to Lebowski over Raising Arizona, and I'll put Vacation last.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, I think, yeah, I might agree. I think it's faires for me, Raising Arizona, Lebowski Vacation, the Dumb and Dumber. I'm not a big dumb and dumber guy. I know people love it, but I'm not my jam. I grew up with the people wrongly like dumb, dumb and dumb.
Speaker 2: You're too old for dombin dumber. Ayeat, that was tense?
Speaker 1: Yeah true. Carlton Banks, Hello, Jeff, sir, can you provide an information if Reeves will get a part three for Batman? If yes, does this mean the Poison Ivy show you mentioned last week? In your newsletter is set in Reeves's universe. Again, I'm not doing this.
Speaker 2: I'm not I'm not getting into the who's in what universe? The thinnest whisper, the fucking strand half a strand of hair, that is the poison ivy rumor.
Speaker 1: Okay, so that's good, not nothing. I can feel it between my fingers right right, right, This is half a strand of air.
Speaker 2: That is what I'm getting. What was the first part of the question whether there'll be part three? I imagine that this is a trilogy in his head and that you know, do I think he'll get to do It depends on his personal life.
Speaker 1: I think this movie is going to be new so yeah, yeah, and the changeover, and then I think they'll put three in motion much quicker than they put two. I think Gunn wants to get done with this trilogy so you can get his Batman into the universe. That's mine.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Michael Green says, Hi, guys, what is your opinion on Champainne January sixth movie? Sports Wise? Can Dolan make his team go to the White House? Who are you rooting for in the World Cup? Job? Well, we talked about the champainn janitors this movie already. That's I'll put the time code there so you can go back and listen to that. That yeah, Dolan. I mean the rumors were coming out saying the Knicks we're not going to go, but then Dolan said they are going. I don't know if there's been a change to that the parade today. I don't know if people said anything. Anything you want to add to that, Jeff, anything you want to say on that.
Speaker 2: I imagine that there's it's a collective bargaining thing, like, oh, are these guys employees of him year round? And can he tell him them where to be and at what time in the middle of the summer or does the CBA prevent that, you know, because I mean, yeah, I can't imagine he can he can force anybody to go to the White House if they don't want to.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, yeah, I don't buy that they're all going. I just don't fucking buy that. Jalen hurstedn't fucking So who are you rooting for the World Cup? John, I'm rooting for United States, obviously, but I'm also rooting for England because I've always loved England and I watched the Premier League football, but France is also one of my favorite choices, and then Spain on the outside of Argentina. Those are my top five teams I'm rooting for right now. You at the Scotts did in Boston. Yeah, they took all the beer. Fucking beer. I pitched a show to some of my friends who are big Cheers fans that we have it. We're on a big thread talking about and I said they should. It's a shame you can't do a special Cheers episode where Norm can't find a beer in Boston because the Scotts have drank all the beer in Boston. That'd be a hilarious fucking episode of Cheers.
Speaker 2: Now let me know when the Scott's smoke all the weed in Boston, then we'll start freaking out.
Speaker 1: Jacob mckenzis is old John and Jeff. Since Jim is returning to the Gritch, Oh Jim, your personal friend, Jim. What are the chances that WB is looking to do a sequel for the Mask since Jim said he wants to do it. I mean, one film at a time, man, you know, let's see how this plays out. What do you think, Jeff?
Speaker 2: No, if you did a mask, you would just put somebody else in the mask. Yeah, I don't think that would need to be James Jim James Carrey. I don't think I would need to be Jim Carrey. But the Gringe does?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Agree? Agree? Uh yeah, what what I mean? Glenn Glenn Powell? Your obsession with him is just he's got the comedy.
Speaker 2: I could see, he's got the charism.
Speaker 1: All right, Now, are you contractually obligated to mention his name once every episode?
Speaker 2: I'm going to send him the invoice now every episode.
Speaker 1: It Sydney Mike Laire says Jeff, since you hate Ron Tomatoes, what is an alternative the average film filmgoer should look to for film reviews.
Speaker 2: Meta critic or the in Snyder dot blogspot dot com.
Speaker 1: But he's not a critic, folks, He's not a critic. But he writes reviews that you can read.
Speaker 2: Okay, Hello, Uh it's a list. It's a list with a star rating attached. That's all it is.
Speaker 1: Pie Tip says, So, I guess the new movie musical Tom Cruise wanted to make with Christopher McCory is dead. Oh well, Cruise will be amazing in a horror film that might be his next Oscar win if the Awards contender he has coming out this year doesn't pan out. I think he's referencing Digger there. So I didn't know he was doing a movie musical with Christopher Well. I don't think they're gonna do anything anytime soon, uh, Jeff. I think he would be amazing in a horror film. I mean, we've seen him. He's good. Interview with the vampire. Yeah, would he be the hero? No? I like him to be the villain. I think he has to be the villain. And here's what you do. You buy what.
Speaker 2: Okay, it's misery with an only Fans star, okay, and you make Tom Cruise Cathy Bates and he takes hostage and OnlyFans girl and it's called only fan Ooh.
Speaker 1: That is good. That is good. But I have to update your references here because OnlyFans is apparently trying to be toppled by a new site called Fansley, because the owner of only fans died. This is a report that I read from DHR this morning, so you might have to adjusted to Fansley. And then maybe it's just the title, but I don't know. We'll see I like what you said, though I like your Uh let's see here. If you more of these, Jeff, we'll get on out of here. And hey, guys, sizanvalanch Vigilanti comes out soon. You guys gonna review it. We might need Snyder to fly back to Germany with his boxingves, but this time we want to knock out Jeff train Hard. I'm in it.
Speaker 2: I'm one of the serbian sex graphickers.
Speaker 1: That army she did not look sixteen to me. What do you mean? Yeah, there you go, that's good. She was thirty two. He was to look at his face, you think sixteen? Come on, that's a raging bull reference.
Speaker 2: Uh.
Speaker 1: Max losses any update on Jordan Peele's next Oh, by the way, that Army Hammer article was a fucking joke. What a fucking joke in THR Max good piece? Please? Yeah for a PRP. Sure? Any update on Jordan Peele's next film, any movement on this project or casting or a finished script.
Speaker 2: No, shouldn't just know is he's still in the business.
Speaker 1: Jesus Jasco says, missed my previous comments. Spielberg has mentioned his instant horror. Would it be a reunion with Cruise? Maybe? I mean there was a challenge himself. I don't know necessarily that's the case. Oh boy, there it is serbian sex trafficker right there. Supergirl see backs and Supergirl social reviews are not great. Oh I haven't seen those. Oh shit, I'll have to take a look at those. Cartoon forty nine says ranked these movie years ninety seven, two thousand and one. That's too long, too's that's too.
Speaker 5: Extensive, bro, two thousand and seven, okay, ninety seven, sure, twenty nineteen, Yeah, one, there you go.
Speaker 1: It's just in the Jamaica fans just smoked all the weed in Denver. Oh whoa, that's whoa whoa. Hey hey now hey now, not all Jamaicans smoke weed. Bro, bamma, Michael's is nothing. Not that. I'm a newsletter, sup. What's the word on Anton Corbin's a talent for murder? That's all. No, I have heard.
Speaker 2: I haven't heard anything about it. You know, for the last like six years, I've thought this movie was called Switzerland.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they just changed the.
Speaker 2: Title, and I have to like get on board retreat my brain.
Speaker 1: I haven't heard anything about it totally. I tiped pie tip, says my pronouns are they them? Actually, I'm non byinary. I just want you to know that, John and Jeff, thank you so much for an I remember. I think that's poodie pie. I think because pie tipped is what they are here. Let me check. Hold on real quick. I think it's wait, what is it? The pie one? This one? Yes? Hashtag pie? Sorry, hashtag pie.
Speaker 2: I think so there, Okay, I remember that.
Speaker 1: I will as well. Yes, thank you for the update, Andrew Sanchez. John and Jeff was wondering if you guys know how scripts in Hollywood work? No, no idea. Does a studio pay a writer to write a Star Wars script? Or does a writer on his own write a script then sell it to the studio? Always curious about it. Well, both of those things are possible, but you rarely write a script that gets bought up by a franchise to be an installment in their franchise. They usually commission someone, right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, right, exactly. They have their own plans. So the idea that you're just going to walk in off the street with exactly what they're looking for, you know, is slim slim to none. I would say, you never know. Yeah, stranger things have happened. In this business. But yeah, especially on the big franchises, they're going to ask you.
Speaker 1: It's not the other way, right, Yeah, so yeah, exactly. All right, Well, there you go. That's our show. Thank you all so much for sending in your love, your questions, thoughts, and comments. We appreciate it. Jeff, what you got are you promoting this? Now? This little target strawberry thing?
Speaker 2: I couldn't gather strawberry fruit strips. H love yourself drubs on camera. They're accusing them eating gummies. A man can't even eat a fruit strip anymore without people assuming the worst.
Speaker 1: Yeah, all right, promote your stuff. I gotta go eat my lunch. Promote your John I gotta go eat geez. Yeah, and try to.
Speaker 2: Snyder dot com. In addition to the studio Mandate series, which is Absolute Fire Scoops.
Speaker 1: Coming tomorrow, Scoop Holiday Scoops coming Monday. There you go, it's raining scoops.
Speaker 2: So check out that and check out our store which is in the comments section. Yes, we're in the description of description video. Go to the store, buy some merge. The merch is coming right where we're supposed to do a message John.
Speaker 1: From Johnson John's Johnson who's doing our merchers. There's been a delay for the embroidery guy, hoping to get hats in by mid of next week. Uh, people bring up Snyder saying so he's saying, have Snyder throw in free decal for orders that have been waiting. So place orders before next week to get a free hot mic dcal. There you go.
Speaker 2: Okay, free hot Mike dcal if you order within.
Speaker 1: This next week.
Speaker 2: Because John is putting all that stuff together, he's got to do a big bulk order, right, he had to wait for a number of orders to come in then he can send it to the guy. And yeah, all that stuff is coming. Thank you for the patience. Have a great holiday weekend, John, take it away.
Speaker 1: Take it away. Thank you all so much. Yes, absolutely echoing everything Jeff said. Please remember to follow me after Roe Becaus does on all my social media and subscribe down below. We finally cross forty two thousand subscribers. You know they thank you, marching towards fifty. Please remember to subscribe. Thousands of you watch. I don't think thousands of the subscribe, So what appreciate if you all do that and hit that bell, But we would love that. CC Black opening weekend box office for Supergirl sixty seventy million, seventy million, Jeff, your thoughts real quick? Anything? Sure, seventy seventy There you go, all right, take care of Els, be well, have a great holiday tomorrow, and we'll talk to you next time with another rand new episode here of the Hot Mic. Peace until then,