Speaker 1: And now it's time for Benson's week day Up Day, featuring veteran news anchor ktth On tweets.
Speaker 2: Here are the important stories he's currently tracking from around the world.
Speaker 1: Yesterday we told you about the New Orleans prison break, where ten inmates escaped through a hole in the wall behind the toilet and sink fixture, and on the wall they wrote we innocent and too easy lol. As of yesterday's reporting, three of those men had been found, seven still on the loose. They have found one more. Okay, so we're down to six on the lamb.
Speaker 3: That was really funny.
Speaker 1: Four have been caught. But the big development is this a maintenance worker has been arrested is helping them. Thirty three year old Sterling Williams shut off the water at the jail allegedly, and then it allowed them to remove the metal toilet and the sink fixture from the cell wall. He claims one of the inmates threatened to quote shank him if he did not help them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's tough dilemma.
Speaker 2: You guys called this, You guys guess there was a you know, what do you do in that situation? Either get shanked, help them risk going to prison or just quit.
Speaker 3: I put him by two weeks.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say he is very very stuck to the idea of no narks because it just seems to me, since the guy's already in prison, that you could go to the warden and go that guy threatened to shank me if I didn't help him, and then they can put him into the thing right.
Speaker 1: Then what if the shank is out though, like you, there's no time to go to the warden. No, but you tell him like, yeah, I'll do it right now, and then instead of going to do it.
Speaker 2: Like he didn't get to walk around with you with a shank next to you until you walk to shut the water off.
Speaker 1: I feel like you guys are like I'm following you, I see you, I hear you, I understand you.
Speaker 3: But here's the problem.
Speaker 1: I think we're just assuming that the warden's highly available.
Speaker 2: I'm gonna admit I haven't been to prison in a long time, so things may have changed, But it seems to me that like prisoners may just be threatening people all the time right in his prison life, and I feel like if you go tell the warden on somebody that it's not gonna work out. Good for you no matter what, or why couldn't you do this? Why couldn't you go through with it and tell the warden in advance? I was threatened with this, So let's have the whole crew. They're ready to just grab the guys and stick them in solitary confinement for trying to break out, and then I've told you what I'm doing, so we're in on it.
Speaker 3: Like when I wore a wire for the FBI.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like we went through the paces, dude, So you'd immediately have to go get a job somewhere else. You couldn't be around convicts knowing that you just busted ten of them.
Speaker 1: I'm so glad at the age of eleven, I changed my career path because I grew up wanting to be a maintenance worker at a prison, and when I decided, you know, broadcasting could be fun.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay.
Speaker 1: So also, the inmates left the jail doing these three things, and I just wanted to see what you guys thought would be the hardest thing to do of these three things for you personally. They left the jail through the loading dock. Okay, so you have to jump off the loading dock. They scaled a wall and then they ran across Interstate ten.
Speaker 3: What do you guys think you could do all the trifecta? There's no way I would break a leg and at least one of those things. My knees started hurting as soon as you said jumping off the loading here, was like, I could not do that.
Speaker 2: I don't even like taking the stairs. I'm not I'm just gonna sit. I'm just gonna do life. What about the story where old ten prisoners got arrested at the loading dock because they were unwilling to jump off of it?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, you know what's so funny about that video When they are all jumping off of it and they're all on a single file line running, probably just adrenaline bump and probably some giggling going on.
Speaker 2: Go back and watch that same video, but superimpose the Peanuts music on the.
Speaker 3: Seriously, it's kind of funny to watch it.
Speaker 1: So, a civilian employee of the Sheriff's office was the only person monitoring security systems in that part of the jail where the escape occurred, but he'd left his station at that time to go get some food.
Speaker 3: Okay, what the story is that he went to pee was.
Speaker 2: That another story I saw, Yeah, and in fact, our buddy Mike P textan as he goes man, there's a story that says that guy wants to take a pee. When that happened, he says.
Speaker 3: He went to get food in the New York Times.
Speaker 2: But you know, I multimant, yeah, but Mike P is reporting that he went to take a week Okay, so uh yeah, and that guy's not being questioned that he left his post at the exact time he had to go get his third hot dog, and he his roommates with Sterling Williams.
Speaker 3: It all seems.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he'd only had two hot dogs for lunch, so he was going at dinner time to get his third and fourth hot dog because.
Speaker 3: He was starving day.
Speaker 2: I respect that he had an appetizer hot dog. Many times he ran down to a Mike's Jemini Lounge and was waiting, we get some right off the right off their appetizer hot dogs, just to get started here.
Speaker 3: But it doesn't he usually this might just be an understaffing thing.
Speaker 1: But usually you would go, hey, man, can you watch the cameras for a minute.
Speaker 3: I'm famished. I gotta get my fifth hot dog.
Speaker 2: Dude, Why doesn't anybody do that like they we have sliders?
Speaker 3: Why not have tiny hot dogs? Excuse me, tiny hot hot dog appetizers?
Speaker 2: Excuse me, waiter, what's the difference in the entree hot dog and the appetizer?
Speaker 1: Why is it the warden bringing these up like an order and just kind of keeping his staff doing what they're supposed to be doing.
Speaker 3: And you need some replenishment. Aren't those pigs in a blanket?
Speaker 1: Those are pigs in a blanket, for sure, little smoky, But well does the croissant make it that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's a little hot dogs in a bunt.
Speaker 1: Normal.
Speaker 2: I've always thought it was a pancake and sausage made it a pig and a blanket?
Speaker 3: Oh, never noticed?
Speaker 2: All right, Coming up next, we crank up the wayback machine. Don't go anywhere. This is coming up in less than three minutes. We're gonna get you laughing on your way home. We return to the sports Inferno, and just over three minutes next