Speaker 1: All right, So I saw this survey and I'm just finding it hard to believe. But the survey says that more than half of Americans don't know what Memorial Day is.
Speaker 2: I don't believe that. Okay, I don't believe that fifty percent a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I know there are people that don't know, but like even that, are they my kids?
Speaker 3: Well, and my kids know, by the way.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Or is it people that get it mixed up with Veterans Day or Labor Day?
Speaker 3: Right? Or well?
Speaker 1: I saw the post over the weekend, and I don't know if it's entirely accurate, right, because Veterans Day is about those that were all so died, right, and the More Day is clearly about those that have died.
Speaker 3: But you're not going to shun a vet who hasn't died on Memorial Day?
Speaker 1: Right, No, no, no, you know what I mean? So they are the line is blurred a little bit, so I can. I'll get that to a degree. I just most people don't get Veterans Day off, but everybody gets a Memorial Day off.
Speaker 2: I just find it hard to believe. Let's like saying, you don't know what July fourth is. I don't remember being taught about Memorial Day or Labor Day in school. Definitely taught about Veterans Day, Definitely taught about Christmas and Thanksgiving and all those other fucking holidays people get off fourth of July.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and maybe that's why.
Speaker 2: Well, well, the other asterisk is you're not in school.
Speaker 3: True, I haven't been there in a long time. No.
Speaker 1: No, I mean like during those Veterans Day you're in school. True, but a lot of schools have Veterans Day recitals or performances.
Speaker 2: Right right, right, But you aren't in school, and during the Fourth of July they still teach you about it. What I mean, So I see where you're coming at. You you don't have school at that time, and there are some places or is it Labor Day, Labor Day that some schools are in there's.
Speaker 3: No reason to teach liber Day. Liberty is dumb. It's a dumb holiday. I'm grateful for it, but it's a dumb heart. Oh. This says two thousand Americans were serving.
Speaker 1: They found forty eight percent of the respondents knew that Memorial Day is a holiday honorary military personnel who died in the service of the country. Thirty five percent of the Panels incorrectly thought Memorial Day was a holiday celebrating all military personnel, both living and deceased. Yes, that's fair, Okay that I see how you could asterisk that too. They didn't know, but it's not like they were like is it for chefs? Is is it anybody who makes pictures?
Speaker 3: You know?
Speaker 1: One in twenty wrongly thought it was a holiday commemorating all public servants military or not who lost their lives while working.
Speaker 3: Okay, like postal workers too, I mean.
Speaker 2: There was some the landscape guy who fell in the the chipper.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 1: Older generations, by and large were far more likely to know the exact definition of Memorial Day when compared to younger Americans. Absolutely, that makes one hundred percent sense. Well, there's a problem then, because of I don't know World War two range. Yeah, our parents never taught us about it then, or really their fault, it is their fault.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Twenty seven percent of gen Z respondents selected the correct definition, as well as thirty eight percent of millennials. Baby boomers were most on top of fifty six percent knowing precisely why Memorial Day was observed, but just because you don't know exactly what Memorial Day is. It doesn't mean you have to work on the unofficial start summer.
Speaker 2: Blah blah blah.
Speaker 3: Why do we observe a moral day?
Speaker 1: To honor mi military personnel who died in service to their country forty eight percent was the answer. To honor all military veterans, both live and deceased thirty five percent, to remember all public servants who lost their lives while working five percent, and to commemorate the founding fathers and their role in American independence three percent, And to honor past presidents who served in the.
Speaker 2: Military two percent. That's hilarious. That feels like a really dumb survey. I'm trying to figure out, like, how do they find these people?
Speaker 1: How do they do the survey? Did they just walk up to somebody in home deepot and go, hey, is your water filter? You need change at your house?
Speaker 2: Right? Because that happens. That's how they get those fucking surveys for like family feud. They hit you up at the mall, Hey, would you like to take a survey? You know, and they pay you like five dollars for like thirty DearS of your time. Yeah, I had some friends that did it really five dollars.
Speaker 4: I thought they just did the studio audience.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, uh this one. This was back in like ninety nine when my buddies did. We were at the fucking mall and they're like, Hey, would you like to take a survey? And they're like yeah, They're like, we'll pay you for it, and I was like, I'm fuck good on that.
Speaker 3: I got other things to do.
Speaker 2: But my buddy Will and I think Chad went in there and they had for that particular one, they had to watch an M and m's commercial and then give their thoughts their feedback on that. But I'm pretty sure that's exactly how they get the family few questions as well.
Speaker 1: If I'm doing a survey, I'm definitely gonna say it's for the family fusual because your response goes up dramatically. I would think this says whatever, whether it was accurate or not, it gets answers by hiring a polling company called Applied Research West. They call random people and ask them questions over the phone. Now maybe they used to do it in the all, but the people answering don't know if it's the game show. This helps the answers keeps the answers honest and avoids people trying to be funny on purpose. The show's writers come up with about one hundred questions each day. The executive producer picks thirty to forty of the best ones. These are sent to the polling company, which asked them to hundred people. The most common answers from the surveys I used on the show. In the early days of the show, they mailed surveys to fans who signed up.
Speaker 3: They sent out two.
Speaker 1: Hundred surveys to make sure they got at least one hundred back. They also made sure to get responses from different parts of the country to avoid regional bias.
Speaker 2: So when they say one hundred people surveyed, they mean it.
Speaker 3: M yeah, sure they do. That's just what they tell you.
Speaker 2: I think all that's fun.
Speaker 3: I'd like to I'd like to go on the family feud.
Speaker 2: I would love it. I actually know a guy who did. He was working security at one of the clubs that I was working at. And this was like years years, years after we stopped working together, and I just saw on the Facebook and because he you know, posted pictures or whatever, but really couldn't talk about it, you know, until he could and then it's like we were on family feud blah blah blah. So I tried to talk to him a little bit about it, and yeah, he said it was neat.
Speaker 3: There's a lot of you know, standing around and waiting, you know.
Speaker 2: And who was the host at that time, Steve Harvey.
Speaker 4: It was yeah, he's been on there what a minute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he might be the longest running one. Yeah, probably even the uh oh fuck?
Speaker 3: Who was the original one?
Speaker 4: Yeah, the guy that kissed everybody.
Speaker 3: Mark Mark Ray.
Speaker 2: Ray Ray, keep going, it's not Ray Stevens. No, it's not Ray, Charles.
Speaker 3: Ray Ray Ray Ray over Ray Colmes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Ray Colmes. He's not the first one. Richard Dawson was the first one.
Speaker 2: That Ray Colmes was the short little one that killed himself, right, I believe so, yes, And like the early and mid nineties, so it goes Richard Dawson, who did it for nine years. He was the creepy Philly Yeah, and then he.
Speaker 1: Came back and did it for a year and that's when they're like, oh, you're creepy.
Speaker 4: He would always kiss the women.
Speaker 1: Then Ray Combs did it for six years, remember that, and he left when Dawson was like I want to good old Dick came back. And then Louie Anderson.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was all right, he was an all right.
Speaker 1: That's when they rebooted it after a five year absence.
Speaker 2: Uh. And then Richard karn right right from Orland. Yeah if he did it for four years, and he always looked high as fun, always looks super big. He was my least favorite. They're probably like, I just want to shave my beard, like you can't in.
Speaker 3: Right you are?
Speaker 2: Before he goes in, he's like, look better if okay? And then John O'Hurley.
Speaker 4: Right, John O'Hurley was on there.
Speaker 3: Did it for four years.
Speaker 4: He was on he did Dancing with the Stars. I think I want to say he was a host of one of those shows.
Speaker 3: Oh was he He was the white haired guy. Yeah.
Speaker 2: And then Steve Harvey's done it for fifteen years.
Speaker 4: He is the best.
Speaker 2: He's credited for boosting the show's ratings and making it hit again.
Speaker 3: Yeah for sure. He did it his.
Speaker 2: Own way, Yes for sure, and it is the only it is worthy of that show to get say. Jack has always kind of done that type of hosting where people the responses will get a response out of him. Yeah, Barker did it a little bit, and Drew Carry, of course, says but Steve Harvey, Yeah, yeah, I don't like Drew Carrey as the host.
Speaker 3: Right to be honest with you, Maybe I'm just being Barker biased.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, I like Drew Carry. I don't know who the fuck that guy is that skinny Drew. Skinny Drew is not good. Get the microphone, it's dumb, I get it.
Speaker 4: But it's George for Bob. It's part of that show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's the price is right icon all the giveaway a fucking avocado colored stove, Like, it's what are you talking about?
Speaker 3: Keep groping up the fucking beauties man. Yeah, Bob's beauty. Bob's beauties man, Yeah, Barker's beauty. Yeah. Times. Then you sure it was only happening there.
Speaker 2: I'm sure.
Speaker 1: I was watching in the hotel. I was watching Madmen, which I love that show, and it was the episode where the guy from Jaguar they're trying to get Jaguars business. Those are now shows about advertising in New York City in like the fifties, sixties, and they have this woman, red hair, big breasted. All the was the front desk lady she works through became like a partner of the of the agency and the client for Jaguars, like, hey, you're only getting this business if I get a date with her, and the sales guy's like, like, you know, downplaying it. He then goes meets with her and proposes this to her, one of those like yeah, I mean, we're not going to let you do it, are we?
Speaker 3: Yeah, unless you want to. You wouldn't want to want to do that?
Speaker 1: Would you help the company get the biggest car client, put us on the map as an agency, And she's like you She's like, you can't afford me? M like she puts like she was very aware of who she was. And so then he has a meeting with the other partners and is like, how are we going to get her to do this?
Speaker 3: That shit happened all the time.
Speaker 2: It probably still God be unhappy. They just don't use an employee. No, they go find a working girls and fills the street walker and be like, hey, it works.
Speaker 3: Yeah, go get the buzzs.
Speaker 2: I watched that show and I'm like, this show is just wildly unbelievable that it was a real thing. I've heard good things about it. I've never seen an episode in my life.
Speaker 3: I think it's a it's a really great show.
Speaker 2: You go back and watch it still and it hasn't dated or aged or anything.
Speaker 3: I like it was already.
Speaker 1: It's a flashback show, like watching The Wonder Years now you're watching her like, yeah.
Speaker 4: Is that what John Hamm?
Speaker 3: Yeah, its fantastic.
Speaker 4: He's in a new show on Apple TV, good Friends and Neighbors, and it is fantastic. Okay, I've never been a John ham fan really but.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, I don't know.
Speaker 4: I just not that I didn't like him, just the things. I've never been interested in the things that he's been in. But this show is pretty damn good. Where he is like this this rich guy who's got a really good paying job, Like he's like a not a CPA but big time business y guy and a broker or something like that. And he ends up, he gets married, does works really hard, works his way up in the company, buys a bigger house, has the kids, has this great life, and then he walks in on his wife banging his best friend. So he gets divorced, loses the house, you know, she keeps it, and then he loses his job and he's got to find a way to keep up with his lifestyle after losing his job, so he ends up stealing from his friends.
Speaker 3: Sounds like it's the same character he plays in a Battle like Everything.
Speaker 2: Because even though I have never seen uh the a and Mad mad Man, I've never seen it, I knew that's what his character. And he did the same thing with with the Landman. He was that exact same character man, you know business see rich motherfucker jaw motherfucker.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: He plays an FBI cop in the town with Matt Damon Renner. Okay, I'm not mad Dame Ben Affleck Jeremy Renner.
Speaker 2: He's great in that, okay, because he comes off as kind of a gruff asshole.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 2: I was about to see if there was any other roles that he's done where he's not some rich you know. Yeah.
Speaker 4: In Maverick he was kind of a gruff.
Speaker 2: Asshole Maverick, like with Mel Gibson.
Speaker 3: No, no, got you got you that? Yeah, the top secret.
Speaker 2: Not Maverick, the old timey card plane bank robbing. Yeah, a train robbing, sorry, train robbing, Mel Gibson moving, Yes, the greatest Western votertain No, No, I don't even know if it ranks in the top ten, it's a turn of a movie. My mom loved it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was a good back then.
Speaker 2: And if you can, you know, if if you were into westerns, like my dad was huge into westerns, so of course he liked that. He liked The Gambler with Kenny Rodgers, which was a good movie.
Speaker 1: You cannot put The Gambler and Maverick on the same playing field, so.
Speaker 3: They're basically the same thing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, fucking country, you know, Western playing cards for money. I didn't know this, but the mel Gibson was from a TV show. They adapted that made the TV show into a movie.
Speaker 3: Oh okay, I didn't know that. That's interesting, Yeah, yeah, okay. Yeah.
Speaker 1: So it's a nineteen ninety four Brett Maverick needing money for a poker tournament, faces various comic mishaps and challenges. Because you know what I love about a good fucking Western is the comedy mishappening that happened.
Speaker 2: I go to hang the guy in it, brope breaks and everybody laughs about it.
Speaker 1: Jody Foster, mel Gibson, James Garner. Yeah, which gave it a ton of credibility. Yeah, no, that is not a good movie.
Speaker 2: No, I'll watch it if it's on a Sunday and the ain't nothing else on, though, I'll get down on some Maverick.
Speaker 3: Why the hell?
Speaker 2: No modern modern country Western movies, Modern Western movies. You've got three tender Yuma, true grit. These are just the ones that are coming to the top of my head. Okay, I'm gonna name something broke Back Urban Cowboy. Yeah, it's not a Western. It's more of a wear cowboy hat bulls, but I would hardly put that in the Western category.
Speaker 3: Blazing saddles deafinitely. Hey, boys, look what I hep you crazy heart? You've ever seen that one? Dude? You would love crazy Heart? You think so? Absolutely, dude.
Speaker 2: Jeff Bridges, he plays a country Western guy on the road.
Speaker 3: He is, he's a cowboy, Yes, actors.
Speaker 4: Eight seconds isn't really a Western, is it?
Speaker 2: I wouldn like Urban Cowboy? No, no, no, no, no. Eight seconds is about rodeo people. Urban Cowboy is a relationship movie. Yeah, you can almost call it a romance movie with with the sub genre of them. He's writing, by the way, writing a mechanical bull, not writing bulls right, and he he was a lineman for the oil line, wasn't he now it worked in enough refinery refined right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah yeah, Dangling Yeah yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: Nothing cowboy or western about not definitely not Western.
Speaker 3: Maybe cowboy Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, Country for Old Men not a cowboy movie. No, it takes place in the in the you know West. Yeah yeah yeah, Young Guns, yes, totally. Uh.
Speaker 3: The Ballad of Buster scrugs. Yes, that's kind of a funny movie.
Speaker 2: Pure Country, ooh, No, that is about George Straight. How he's a musician and like this whatever musician like fucks up and they're like, we got this other guy who looks just like him, and that's where they slide George Straight in, and then he ends up being more popular than the musician that he was replacing. Pure Country, Crazy Heart, eight seconds, Urban Cowboy are cowboy movies like Diehard is a Christmas movie. It is just a subplot. It is not what it is about.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: True Grit is a damn Western movie. Tombstone, Tombstone, Quickly down Under. That's Helen high Water Lone Star, Old Yeller. Not a country movie. No, The Rest Place in the Country. No, The Revenue is not a cowboy movie. It's about the It is about uh, the exploring of the West. It takes place during that time. It takes place in the old time. But it is not a cowboy movie.
Speaker 3: No, No, it's not.
Speaker 2: They're explorers, they're being paid to explore. And Leo's character gets sideways with one of the other characters. That guy kills his son and almost kills Leo's character, and Leo goes, I'm gonna kill you, and it's about him hunting him back about his Western is Django?
Speaker 4: Okay?
Speaker 2: What about hate fulate.
Speaker 4: For modern Western.
Speaker 3: Movies, I would consider it.
Speaker 2: That's the one that's got Sam Jackson in it, Walter Goggins, Okay, for whatever reason I was thinking of that Seth McFarlane.
Speaker 3: It's got Kurt Russell, Okay.
Speaker 2: Jennifer Jason Lee is amazing in it. She plays Kurt Russell's prisoner, right, and she's really crazy. I would consider what is it A Thousand Ways to Die in the West or ten Thousand Ways to Die in the West. It's comedy, but it's still it's Western. This says hate fil It is an American Western thriller. Okay, Well that tells me it's not a cowboy movie. No, but it is a Western it takes place in the West, but it is not cowboy esque, right, Yeah. Yeah, they're not out hurting case. It's no fucking lonesome dove.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: But like Tombstone is about cowboys, right, young Guns is about cowboys and the outlaws in the West. Yeah, okay, it's I guess. So so what are we looking at here? Like what they're about or is it the time frame? I think the timeframe and what they do it the timeframe and where they're at makes a huge difference, right, you know, because you could easily do a movie about the eighteen forty nine gold Rush. No, that's the West, and it is Western times and it was during that time.
Speaker 3: But you see what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: So this says whatever this is worth. This says what makes a cowboy movie is the main characters are cowboys, ranch hands, outlaws or sheriffs. Setting is in a rural or frontier, open plains, deserts, or small towns.
Speaker 1: The time period has to be in the late eighteen hundreds. Common themes law of verus, chaos, survival, revenge, justice, horses, guns, saloons, cattle drives, dusty roads, and horse Right.
Speaker 3: I always gotta have some wres in there.
Speaker 2: This says a cowboy movie is a western movie.
Speaker 1: Okay, there is a little difference. According to some people western movie. A western movie includes settler stories, Native American conflicts, gold rush tails, modern westerns like No Country.
Speaker 3: For Old Men, no cowboys, but still a western. That's not a Western. Yeah it is.
Speaker 2: You read it black and white man. I mean then there's a lot of cowboys at a record. Cowboys don't wear vests, right vest, Let's say north face on them, my course, though.
Speaker 3: Cowboy, dude.
Speaker 2: Country concerts are cosplay to the ten man.
Speaker 3: That is a true statement.
Speaker 1: They're so funny. I love going and you're wearing your your fucking snake skin boots and your your vest and your get them.
Speaker 2: I am all about country music. I'm all about country concerts. This is some of the most fun I've ever had is at a country concert. But like my brother, let me rephrase that. My brothers as I should say, they'll both.
Speaker 3: Go take it to the fucking nines.
Speaker 2: Man hat, pearl snap shirt, fucking boots, blue jeans. I'm dressed for the part, plaid shirt whatever, yeah, not me, this this is what I go. I got a T shirt, right, have a small closet. I will say this if you wear those a lot.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if like you're going out gear, is that true your special night with your old lady?
Speaker 3: Is that okay? Yeah? But when you.
Speaker 2: Of the other time, you only do it at country concerts you're costplaying. Yeah, that country look is just not for me. I tried it when I was a fresh in high school, right, and the boots, the hats, the all that. It just like I felt so weird. I'm like, this is not Yeah, this is not for me. So I put it down and never went back.
Speaker 1: We have a good friend. He is one cowboy, like and I don't mean like out on the range.
Speaker 3: He could probably right.
Speaker 1: I've been with him on his land and him dealing with cattle and all that other shit. I'm like, yeah, wear all the snapshirts you want.
Speaker 3: Man, wear a vest I don't give a shit.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because I've seen you punch a cow in the face, like because it wasn't and check its prostate, Like you are a cowboy. But when you get out of your Volvo for the show, oh god, yeah, or your dodge Ram fifteen hundred, that ain't dirty, right, it's all lifted up. You're not a cowboy you're costplaying. Listen, that's what America is about. There ain't much difference between you and the people that go to wrestling and the people that go to Britney spear shows or whatever like furries, furries, juggle lows. Right, We're all just trying to fit in with our little group and click. And it's fine, Like I ain't hating it.
Speaker 3: Be you live your life.
Speaker 1: But when those people diminish the juggalos, are those people diminished the people that go to wrestling, right, I'm like, yeah, settle down there, cheeseburger in Paradise. Oh god, I'll never forget to being in Oklahoma City, didn't knowing there was a Troubadour show.
Speaker 3: Go out to eat with some friends, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, it is there glitching the matrix because all these motherfuckers look exactly the same. They're not wrong, they all they probably all show up at the same store at the same time. When you have a cowboy hat to wear when you go to cowboy things, I think you're dressing up. Yeah, that's my good hat. It's the one that doesn't get the mud on it. Listen again, if you work out in the art and you wear a cowboy hat and that's your thing, really like cowboy hats, that's your identity. Yeah, I get it, But when you have to get the ladder to get it out for when you go to the show, you're dressing up.
Speaker 3: Right.
Speaker 1: What was my grandpa shut hat and he wore when he would go to a Troubadour show. You're lying, right. My dad has a Panama Jack hat. He would wear it a lot. Guess where it's at.
Speaker 3: In the attic.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say landfill, but because I don't wear Panama Jack hats, it's one of the few things I have kept giving to me for my dad. And I'm like, yeah, okay, I got a ring from him that I they had to cut off of him, which is weird in itself.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I got it repaired and put back together and cleaned up. Didn't know it was a silver ring. It was a different color when I got it. I had turquoise in it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but that's different. Yeah.
Speaker 2: I'm totally thinking that you should break that hat down wear sometime.
Speaker 3: I feel like there's somewhere out.
Speaker 2: Of when we are in Panama, I will absolutely do that, right or I changed my name to Jack. What if we just say, like, for a morning we play nothing but Panama. Oh yes, for you and your Panama jacket, just you can wear it.
Speaker 1: I don't know, Probably I understand I'm not much of a hat guy, and if I am, I'm a backwards at. Yeah, occasionally affords at, but most of the time just backwards.
Speaker 3: I went through my Fedora phase you, Oh yeah.
Speaker 2: I had fucking this big white grim motherfucker man, and.
Speaker 3: Uh it was.
Speaker 2: It was fut of it, right, and I still have it in my closet and uh oh yeah, because that's when I first started working for Ford right, and I was like, I need to be fancy for this fucking job.
Speaker 3: I'm I'm leaving Tom, I got me an adult job, an adult job.
Speaker 2: So I went full on Dick Tracy with this mother, I'm here for the scope, fucking my button down shirt and my tie and my fucking raincoat, right and my fucking foot door.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah. And that was great.
Speaker 2: And I was like after a while, I was like this, this one's too big.
Speaker 3: I need to shrink my Fedora down a little bit.
Speaker 2: So I went and got another one, a pinstriped one to match my pin striped suit.
Speaker 3: Nice damn man. Zoot suit, right, I get it by but.
Speaker 2: It wasn't quite like that because this is all tailored custom right. It wasn't quite like the zoot suit where you had pretty much just pinstriped pants that looked like mc hammer pants, you know, and fucking chain. I love that you're defending, but keep going fucking giant ass, fucking jacket just you know, dragged the floor behind you.
Speaker 4: Do you still have the suit?
Speaker 3: I do. It's the only suit that I have.
Speaker 1: And did you need like, did you interact with customers where you.
Speaker 3: Needed to wear a suit? No?
Speaker 2: I was just not working at Target anymore and felt like I'm in an office now, I should dress like office people dress.
Speaker 3: And because it.
Speaker 2: Was you know, it was it wasn't a casual environment business casual. I guess they could say, but khakis, Yeah, pull up like Jake from State Farm. Yeah, Jake from State Farm exactly. But I didn't.
Speaker 3: I'll do that on Fridays, you know, maybe.
Speaker 2: But No, I was like, I should dress like office people, Lou, I'm at a I'm at a dealership.
Speaker 3: I should dress like everybody else.
Speaker 1: I do this thing, and Alias stop bringing me up into her office because she'll introduce me to somebody, and then they all kind of wear the same thing, and I'll just call everybody that first name that I meet.
Speaker 3: She's like, you.
Speaker 2: Gotta stop doing I'm like, what I didn't know? It looks exactly the same.
Speaker 3: This is Jin She's been here twenty five years. Oh Joe, pleased to meet you.
Speaker 2: Right well, they're all wearing khakis, vesta from say, yeah Jake from State Farm, and you're like, hey Jake.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're great people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, absolutely, but they've they've got an image they got uphold.
Speaker 3: I'm glad I'm out of that shit.
Speaker 1: I I'm some radio people, which Lindsey will attest to.
Speaker 3: Think that you have to dress up really to work in radio.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you can't see us though. I mean, well, it isn't about the radio fans. It's about the business conducted in the walls. That's what they kept telling me when I was working and you know, selling parts and stuff.
Speaker 1: Did they ever say this one, Hey, you dressed for the job you want, not the job you had. I've heard that before, but I go at a giant bunch of bullshit.
Speaker 3: By the way, I've learned.
Speaker 2: Some things having the fifteen million jobs that I have I wore. I used to do customer service for Avis Rental car right here in town, and I was going through the training.
Speaker 3: And I was like fucking like.
Speaker 2: Twenty a half this time, right before I even had kids, and I wore slip notch that said people equal shit. That's the name of their song, right. The fucking trainer did not like that at all. What well, I mean, that does feel like a little bit of bridge too far. They said I could wear whatever I wanted, so I wore Yeah, I think there's an implication there that would be appropriate for a business set. I learn my lesson that day that you cannot wear that shirt to work, so I never wore it ever again.
Speaker 1: I have been in part of many meetings about hiring people and firing people. I have plenty of friends who have hired and fired people, and nobody has ever said the words, but have you seen how they dress? Right, he's dresser, he's a snappy He's not a snappy dresser.
Speaker 3: That's never been said.
Speaker 2: It was always about performance every single time, Even in the time where they're like we got to fire five people to meet quota, who do we want to pick, It's never been like, yeah, but Kim, you wore a slipknot shirt. That's never been said, right, never never never never. Well, they didn't, they did. They had it out for me in the beginning anyway. Sure, yeah did the world and you man, absolutely that place was all right to work at. They had a certain smoke hall, right, this is what your designated spot where you go to smoke.
Speaker 3: And we're like, okay, that's fantastic.
Speaker 2: The fucking walls and the ceilings were like think of the worst colored earwax you've ever pulled out of your ear, and how orange and dark and red and black.
Speaker 3: That's how the walls were in that place. I was like, I can't, I can't hang out here. I gotta go outside, get some fresh air to smoke.
Speaker 1: Right, as a smoker, the smoke hall is too much, too bad. Yeah, doing inbound calls is brutal. Oh yeah, I did that right out of college, or went one summer in between and did the training. It was not hard work, no, uh, And I was good through it. Did the training, did one week on the floor and they're like, hey, we want to move you to another a I'm like, ah, I think.
Speaker 3: I'm gonna quit. Yeah, because it's sucks.
Speaker 2: I'd rather do inbound calls than out bound. Oh yeah, because I've done those four bothering people at five, six o'clock in the evening, interrupting their dinner.
Speaker 3: Would you like to get your carpets cleaned? Sure?
Speaker 1: If you could go back to younger you about looking for a job. Obviously, I've made no mistakes, no regrets, know that, bay for sure. Given advice, What would you say to your younger self about job hunting, because you wouldn't go for those jobs again, right, not.
Speaker 3: Now unless I absolutely had to.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, But you're going back to your younger self back then, trying to get your feet out from under you, you know, get some standing room.
Speaker 3: I probably would.
Speaker 2: I probably would tell them go out there and do those jobs, because that's how you learn some things in those jobs. Sure, you learn what you can and cannot do, or can and won't do. I won't ever do fucking outbound sales anymore at all, waysoever, or sales in general. For that fact, I hate sales. It is the worst. It's never fucking good enough, and it's just tear. It was so much stress for nothing, for a fucking nine to five job. Yeah, so I would go back and tell myself, or I would go back and I would still do that, because that's how you learn some things. Sure, you know, you learn that you can't wear a people equal shit shirt to a customer service job. Yeah, and that saved my ass because I probably would have still worn that same.
Speaker 3: Shirt to a different job. Learn there were boundaries with clothes. Okay, yes, so I would go Sure, I think you would have been. I don't know why you didn't go down.
Speaker 1: A path in your life as a bar tender, because you are perfect for that role.
Speaker 3: Yeah, your social game, all that stuff. Yeah, it's just that that was Maybe.
Speaker 2: If I would have like shown a little bit in I like making the drinks for the friends at the parties or whatever, that's where it ended. I was always the music guy anytime that we had a party, Gimpy your DJ. Okay, anytime, no matter where I'm at or whose party was at, it's always gimpy your DJ.
Speaker 3: Because I love music. And so maybe that's why.
Speaker 2: Maybe if I made really good cocktails and didn't show as much interest in the music, people like, all right, you're bartending this party or whatever.
Speaker 1: Yeah, well, because bartending you can make ridiculous amounts of money more than you came back. I had a friend that paid for a house with cash, yeah at twenty five, and bartended from twenty one for four years.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I know people that that is their life, that's what they do, that's all they've ever done.
Speaker 2: You know, they started bartending when they're twenty one, and they still aren't, you know for some of them, and they just can't get out of that rut. But other ones that's what they truly love doing. And you can make good money though.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think if I went back, I would probably like, hey, find a job you can build off of and always lean back to. Okay, so like uh, mechanic electrician.
Speaker 2: A trade of some sort, some sort of trade you.
Speaker 1: Can always lean back on or use as an extra financial absolutely pick up not not.
Speaker 3: You know the token boy at Chuck E Cheese.
Speaker 1: Oh to can you know what I mean? Like right, and I'm with you, like I learned things in that job. But I'd be like, hey, maybe think about finding jobs that could be a career.
Speaker 2: Right right, not filler, yeah, because I didn't think about career life until I was mid twenties, right, Like all right, well I got to figure out what the fuck I'm gonna do with my life because I am tired of being in trouble all the time, tired Da da da da da da dad, and I need to do something.
Speaker 3: I tried to convince my niece.
Speaker 2: I was like, go work at Starbucks while you're in college, because that can carry you after college if you can't find a job or whatever.
Speaker 3: They have good benefits.
Speaker 2: They feed you food throughout, like you get meals to like, there are some great reasons to work there that even if it doesn't work out, you can be a district manager. Quick trip is another one. Yeah, Like get a job where there's a there's a lean back, right rather than I got out of college, didn't get a job in radio right away and waited tables, which sucked. And then I worked in a financial field as a as a mutual fund representative, helping manage people's portfolios.
Speaker 3: And I was like, this sucks.
Speaker 2: People do this every day. Quit that went back to waiting tables. You just sit there and look at the clock. Yes, she's like, fuck it's only nine ten. Yes, fuck it's only nine eleven.
Speaker 3: They didn't even fucking lunch yet, mother.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you go and you find it. You know, eating your cubicle. Oh god, I'm so sorry. If you do this, that sucks.
Speaker 3: We're describing a lot of motherfuckers. That's not easy.
Speaker 2: But if it works, it works. I know they're not happy because I've been there. I've been stuck in cubicle land.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it sucks.
Speaker 2: You know, you make I made friends with the three other motherfuckers around me, you know.
Speaker 3: But if you were on.
Speaker 2: The far end of the office, of the sales floor, off, I can never talk to you unless they go to the math room. Right, that's it, right, you said, Uh, it works. I would argue you get used to it.
Speaker 3: You're probably right. You're probably right.
Speaker 4: Bless you.
Speaker 1: You get used to it. You get used to the routine of it. Again, nothing wrong with these jobs at all.
Speaker 2: If you think about it, though, every job we'll wear you down.
Speaker 1: I've said it before. What's differesting being a dog walker in any other job? As a dog walker, I put.
Speaker 2: It in my hand, right the other ones you just.
Speaker 3: Deal with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And you deal with it in every job, no matter what it is. Speaking of dog turns in your hand. Oh god, we're gonna pivot real quick because we're at the fucking park.
Speaker 3: We're at Niehus. You mentioned it earlier on the show.
Speaker 2: Nice little park over here and Broken Arrow and they got a nice little disc off course over there, So me and my buddy Josh and my brother would go over there to play.
Speaker 3: And we were like.
Speaker 2: There's all these multi colored things down the middle of the fucking field. I'm like, what is this a bunch of condoms? Nah, they're too big to be condoms. They look more like rubber gloves. So we get up to where the tea pat is where all this multi colored.
Speaker 3: What the fuck is going on?
Speaker 2: You look a little bit closer, somebody had scattered like emptied out the fucking shit can and then just scattered random bags dog shit all over the park.
Speaker 3: Craziest thing I've ever seen.
Speaker 2: And I was like, that's the craziest thing you've ever seen in that particular park. I've gone the floor and like you'll find random shoes in somebody's panties and an old condoms or something. But that's a nice, decent park. I'm like, we're one.
Speaker 3: Because there was a.
Speaker 2: Trash can blowed over. I was like, well, maybe maybe a blue out of here an eighty mile an hour when knocked over the trash can and all the shit just happened to land two hundred feet away from it.
Speaker 3: No, I can't believe that.
Speaker 2: Probably some kid that wears a People Equal Shit shirt my motherfucking teenager rebellion. I'm just saying a younger version of GIMPI would understand the artwork that had been presented.
Speaker 3: True, it's true in the field. Respect that so gross. Pick up your shit.
Speaker 2: Put that on a shirt, pick me that morning show, pick up your Shit.
Speaker 3: I like it. I want to get that made. I think it's a band name. I know somebody. I know somebody who makes T shirts.
Speaker 2: We're gonna make an happen band named PUS pick Up Pig Shit Boys, Pete Pullas Boys.
Speaker 3: Sit Boys, poise. Who fucking knows guys have a a week?
Speaker 2: Yea bo