Speaker 1: It's me, Mandy Connell and Dave Frasier from Fox thirty one.
Speaker 2: Hello, Dave, how are you?
Speaker 3: I'm good, I will say you always make me laugh a little bit. I'm listen. I always love to listen to you before I jump on with you, just to see what's going on. And we're doing this, and we're doing this in the next half, we're going to talk about Oh, don we got to talk to I know, we'll do.
Speaker 1: That way to pump you up right.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry about that.
Speaker 3: I do.
Speaker 2: I get excited. I can't help it.
Speaker 4: It's only she had a calendar that would tell her upcoming.
Speaker 1: Oh oh wait, stop.
Speaker 3: It, Dave.
Speaker 1: Today is a pretty nice day outside. A little warm for me, but that's okay. Yeah, this is our last Is this our last gasp of summer?
Speaker 3: You know, it's the way things have been going. I don't want to confirm yes or no. I do think the temperatures of the next few days, you know, getting closer to eighty eighty one degrees tomorrow, Uh, probably going to tone that down a little bit. But even next week, you know, we're looking at upper sixties and low seventies. So I still think it'll have that warm feeling to it, But I won't. You know, it's not going to be any summer heat coming our way. We're just going to be right now. The average is about sixty seven sixty eight, so it will be about that by three to five degrees for several more days.
Speaker 2: That does not suck. It does not suck at all.
Speaker 1: I've got a couple of people asking when are we going to let me see when will we have below forty degrees at night? I have hanging baskets of plants. They do not like below forty degrees. Thanks, and a little heart gave so she gave you a heart as well.
Speaker 3: Okay, you know right now the forecast is going to keep the lows above forty degrees, not a lot. We're talking, you know, forty four to forty five. We were at forty one this morning, and so you know we're there. I don't think we're in a concern for you know, any temperatures coming up for the next seven to potentially ten days that are going to be hard freeze that kind of stuff. I'm not looking at thirties or close to thirties. I'm seeing maybe late next week, maybe we get into the upper thirties. But at this point, I think you're okay at least through the weekend early next week. But always keep an eye on the forecast for those overnight lows because at this time of the year can change. And yesterday, October seventh is our average date for a first freeze. We passed that, and I don't think we're going to, you know, get there anytime.
Speaker 2: Se My summer plants have started blooming again. They look great.
Speaker 1: I mean they look really really fantastic, which all this rain we've had has just been really really nice. Ay Rod asked the question that everybody wants the answer to.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well, some people, Dave.
Speaker 4: I'm not naming names, So some people might have some outdoor portion of Halloween parties on Halloween that may or may not be a minorly concerned about the weather. And are we going to get that first snow that day or not. That's pretty much what I want to know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well, obviously, obviously I know who's having the party. Obviously that's way outside of the ten day forecast. You know, this is a snow month for US. Four inches on average is what we see. We've had any Octobers that don't hold up to that average, and we've had other ones that you know, blast us early. I looked at the long range outlook and right now through the twenty first twenty second the pattern continues to look warm and a little bit wet. But I think there could be a pattern shift somewhere around that twenty to twenty two date. A little too far out to get into any details. And by pattern shift, I'm not talking a hard right turn into snow and cold, but maybe something that looks a little more like faul, maybe a little bit of a nipping in the thirties for overnight low. So we'll keep an eye on that. But today's the eighth. You're talking ten plus days out right.
Speaker 1: No, for some, this'll put on.
Speaker 3: I will put on my calendar Halloween forecast specifically for those that ask the question, answer, okay.
Speaker 1: Perfect, all right this Texter, Mandy, can Dave use metric?
Speaker 2: Please?
Speaker 1: No, we're in America, we don't use metric. I answered that for you, Dave. I'm just going to shut that down right now, Mandy. I have a question for mister Fraser. All the social media meteorologists are posting the euro model for the crazy snow totals for winter what are your thoughts? And I'm going to add to this, Dave. First of all, what is the euro model and does it say we're going to get a lot of snow?
Speaker 2: What is that?
Speaker 3: So there are a bunch of models that we look at. There is the American model, the GFS, we have the we have high resolution models that we look at. You do have a European model that is run by the European Union. You also have a Canadian model, and they all give slight variations. They're designed with different algorithms, different mathematical computations. What data they jest to come up with their output for forecast data. Again, I don't put a lot of credibility and long range outlooks anymore than I would the Farmer's Almanac for a winter season. I look at the you know, like the we talk about Nina and El Nino and whether that's a factor. This looks like it could be leaning a little more La Nina, which would put us about average in Denver. And I do think my interpretation of the upcoming winter last year we had big storms and then long periods of nothing. If you're last November, we got a twenty three inch snowstorm I think this year it won't be we won't be seeing those wild swings, will be seeing maybe two and four inch storms, and they're a little closer together so that they're not spread out by long dry gaps. And at the end of the season, which for us isn't really until you know, April May, we'll probably end up close to normal, which for Denver's about fifty six inches. Yeah, we could come up a little shy of that. Last year we ended up at forty eight. So I'm thinking in that same ballpark somewhere around fifty fifty two inches when it's all said and down. But again, I'm standing back literally looking at some data, but not hanging my hat on one computer model. You just can't do that. If you write one computer model, generally it's gonna bust on you at some point.
Speaker 2: One last question.
Speaker 1: We kind of talked about this a little bit earlier, but let's just make it clear. Any sign on the first frost so this person can get their sprinklers blown out.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't worry about your sprinklers for right now, at least for the never next seven to ten days. Enjoy it. As Mandy said, if you look out and about we're getting some vibrant fall colors. Even though we've had warm days. We've had enough moisture from time to time. The trees know at that time of the year. But the grasses look good, the natural sage brushes look good. Some of the plants and the pots look really, really good. I've got royal oaks in the back of my property, three of them tall. They're big, fat green leaves, and they don't show any hint of fall, so I wouldn't be concerned about sprinklers and blowing them out. Don't overrun them because if you've mowed you along lately, you're not cutting a lot off. You're just shrimming it. It's not growing as much as it did during you know, say two or three or four weeks ago. You still got to mow it, but you're not getting that big growth. So don't overwater it. But you know, don't blow your sprinklers out yet. Want to keep watering those trees and plants.
Speaker 1: If we hit dry patches, do we have any big wind events, we might be looking forward to blow down the rest of the pine needles that didn't fall on my house this weekend, although I'm pretty sure most of them did, and I'm fine with that, Like, let's knock it out right, let's just deal with it in one fell swoop.
Speaker 2: But what are the rest coming down? Anything on the horizon.
Speaker 3: No, As a matter of fact, we generally think of this as a very windy season to do exactly that. Knocked on the pie needles and knock down the leaves, and just don't see any big wind events coming up. One of the things you'll see in my forecast tonight is a slight change. We added in a few late day showers Friday, Saturday, Sunday. I had Sunday in, but I added Friday Saturday. And that's because there's a tropical storm Forriscilla. It's going to turn up through the Baja Head towards Arizona, and some of that moisture is gonna come our way. So we do have some possible good moisture coming. It's not gonna be widespread, it's not gonna be heavy, but some spotty showers Friday, Saturday and Sunday which will go a long way and keeping things looking the way they are.
Speaker 1: Amen to that, Dave Frasier, you can watch them on Fox thirty one. I strongly recommend their pinpoint weather app as someone who has multiple weather apps, because I don't trust any of you people, Dave, I do find you guys to be the most accurate. I tell Chuck all the time because he is. He has like four different weather apps than I have, and I'm always like, no, mine is more accurate than yours, and it generally is. So make that happen, Dave. Good, good to chat. Well to chat with you again next week.
Speaker 3: All right, I'm looking I'm gonna get ramped up for your one o'clock hour. It's really interesting, sounds like it's gonna
Speaker 1: Be a blast, and that Dave Frasier won't be holding us back anymore.