Speaker 1: Yo, what's going on? Everybody? Welcome to a new episode of My Canic Cass. I'm cand Dave. In today's episode, uh Me and Groovy just got back from the the Up. We're gonna talk about talk about our recent trip up to the Up. Groovy did performance at Summer uh Summer End Smokeouts. We'll dive into that. A couple a couple of cool hot off the press articles coming in coming at you hot. We're gonna go through and we're going to discuss some events that's been going on throughout the summer, and then probably a couple of upcoming events that will be pushing through the end of August and September. It's crazy to say end of summer, but it is. It is middle of August and end of summer is done at labor Day.
Speaker 2: Birthday is next week and we've been every time since I was a child, Since my birthday hits, it's just like schools the next week. So I've always felt like, well, birthdays about to hit. Guess what happens? No more summer like, so for me, it's almost like happy birthday by summer. Every So it's like when we got back and I was like, Holy shit, I got ten days to my B day and I was like, that means guess what, no more summer, no more, no more warm summer nights.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's see too.
Speaker 2: It's just different. Just and then all the events been going on with like you know, there's all the.
Speaker 1: Cannabis ships, there's been a ship ton of them. But let's jump in before we jump into events, let's jump into our trip up to the up Man and talk about Summer and Smoke Out and your performance going on over there. It was a pretty cool trip. Long we went to where Summer and smoke I was in the Republic of Republic, Michigan. It's all the way on the up I was like, what middle of the up Like, how many hours off the bridge? Was it three and a half?
Speaker 2: Uh? Yeah, once we got over the bridge about yeah, about three and a half maybe four with our stops and everything I might do.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we had multiple stops, that's for sure. Definitely when you're up there, you got to slop them. Look at Lake Superior. It's just so pretty.
Speaker 2: And the thing is, you know, me and Dave were messing around like throughout the day, like you know, while we were up there, doing things like little mini hinks. We tried to check out some waterfalls. You know, we did some product shots, like it was like.
Speaker 1: A whole thing, like you know, so and I don't know that was really cool though, that was really cool. I think I think some of those product shots you all will, like, you'll be seeing them posted throughout throughout our social media, so if you're not following, follow mychanic, caast in ig and Facebook, you'll be able to see those. Obviously. The weather, I don't know if you saw some of the stories. The weather sucked on Saturday a little bit. It was just rainy and like sixty degrees, but like other than.
Speaker 2: That, up driving up Thursday was beautiful, driving home Monday was beautiful, and then Sunday was beautiful. So we mostly did have beautiful days. It's just like when we like we were traveling during some of the beautiful days. So it's like when we finally got stationary, it's like showers and it wasn't even that bad like rain wise, it was just consistent and it was just kind of you know, Dave was not having it.
Speaker 1: If it was seventy in rainy, it would have been so much better, but it had to be like fifty eight in rainy, so it was like it was just tad cold and you're like, come on, I just want to enjoy this. But it kind of made kind of made the shots kind of unique, and the hikes were not that no one was really up there for the hikes, so maybe that played a factor because were able to enjoy the waterfalls yet I think like four different waterfalls, so.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, and that one hundred percent, and like, I mean I think that's kind of like the thing about the up is, no matter what you're doing up there, it's just beautiful nature. You know. It's Kuamanon Falls and Pictured Rocks, and we drove through Pictured Rocks like nearly drove near it. We never actually stopped because we were like trying to get places. But I mean, like that's the thing when you're traveling, you kind of make it a journey, right, Like there's this place called Captain Rods that we stop on the way, and that was always that's always I like doing it, and like you know, of course it's just like some and I've been there one time on my own too, so a couple of times, so it's it's kind of like a tradition whenever you drive through Mune sing for me and uh so there's just kind of like a journey to it, you know. And even Thursday we start where like kind of my family's from in that area up north, so it's like we made it a journey. It was a lot of fun. Siso was a lot a blast, you know. Uh, to be honest, a lot of indie gigs lately and they like really like really killed their production, you know, as far as staging goes. You know a lot of times with any fest, you know, you range you know from production levels and different sized stages because a lot of times that's what they do, you know, when you're trying to you know, it's an electric force. You know, everyone has a million dollars to spend on every stage, you know what I'm saying. So they did fantastic job. The grounds were like really nice. I mean the two all three stages were really solid. You know, there was definitely like the main stage was the biggest and forest stage was like the mediumist like you know what I mean, but the speakers slapped that was what I got. The players so clear awesome and then like you know a little bit smaller on the dab ten, but it was overcovered. He still had really nice production a v y some great DJs played over there, so you know, shout out the whole summer and smoke out team. It was a great time. You know, seven ten had their dab tent, so we were like dabbing all weekend. You know, three Less was there.
Speaker 1: Ye shot shout out to.
Speaker 2: Some hash you know, yeah, dabs and flowers and.
Speaker 1: Some flower too. Yeah yeah, dude, seven lights. Yeah the bubble you do you want to talk?
Speaker 2: I got you, I got ahead, No, no, I got so bubble hash joints and then like we got hooked up. And then like, I mean, Dave, what did you think of it? Like, cause I know you haven't been on like a run of festivals, Like how did you think about it for your first like festival this summer? Did you get like the festive vibes that you were looking for? You know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Oh? I mean yeah, it was. It was. It was definitely festy vibes for sure. I mean I went to movement, but this is more like your fusty, like flab electric forest type of vibe. I thought it was pretty sweet. I liked how close everything was. Yeah, yeah, very heavy vibes, and I kind of I kind of dig that. I did like how close all the stages were, to be honest, because I hate when you're walking like miles apart to a stage because that just gets exhausting because then it's like, oh shit, I probably missed something over there. But literally, when everything's in a nice area and you can hear the music loud and clear in each area, you're able to check out all the vendors, check out some of the cool swag and stuff that each vendor brought. It looks like it has a lot of room to like continue to add more people there, so I'm curious, Yeah, for sure, for sure. Yeah, how they do moving forward? I mean they had a great They had a great lineup and we got to see who, right, Mike Jones? Who Mike Jones? He just played his bops as like one of them, honeycomb if you're not familiar with him, he threw he didn't see a step. I'm assuming he threw down because he's.
Speaker 2: Fighting, which is really nice. And I had a great time jam with Zapp and jam with my banking And how did you just move over to the left? That was really weird.
Speaker 1: That is very weird.
Speaker 2: Do you see the camera move? Did you do that? I don't know what happened.
Speaker 3: I don't know how I looked up very sneaky.
Speaker 2: Honey, dude, he crushes it. And like you know, he got up there and performed with us sacks sacks such and then he and then he put me. I performed with Zepp as well, and I got that on footage. But like Dave said, you know, we had to leave early, and we were so mad because we actually missed the Northern lights. So if you would have been there at summer set, summer and smoke, you would have caught the Northern lights too. So I highly recommend going out there next year, you know what I mean, and doing the whole fest you know, And I think even next year, I think I would. You know, I was just on a long run and I was almost out of PTO and it's been like, you know, three weeks of festivals straight, so like you know, me and Dave had a ten hour drive between dropping him off and everything, so we were just exhausted. So we just kind of went to make a halfway point and like even then we still didn't get there to like a laughter or eleven and my headlight went out, so I was stressed out, like like I don't know the last three. So it was a whole journey, you know. But that's the thing about festivals and things. It's always a fun time. But love the other thing. I just want to do one more thing about summer and smoke out before we move on. It was so cool to like I was talking about this with some homies, some Chicago shout out menta Venice to the fam, great violinist and great DJs. But we were talking about how crazy it is, you know, like especially like in something you know, you can be so scared to smoke weeds still in some spots, but like we were. We were at a festival where it was everyone knew that it was loud based music and legal weed being sold, and it was just a vie no no, no crazy, you know, because sometimes you hear from these festivals all these like crazy wild things happening and horrible stories and people selling fent. This was just like a bunch of heady people have fun smoking buds, you know what I mean. Like I really enjoyed that. I'm sure, you know, I'm sure people will party. I don't care I love that, But I'm just saying in general, you know, like it's really had that heady vibe going rather than like, you know, everyone's just you know, fucked up to the max. I mean, everyone was buzzing. I haven't time. I'm just saying, like, I guess it's I guess. I just said it was really cool to have such a different culture there, more surrounded by the cannabis. And then music was a part of it, you know, where some some festivals will have just music focus more art and music, you know, and then some you know, a lot of the big festivals, you get these crowds of people just selling drugs and doing drugs, which again part of the culture I don't care, but very much different when it's surrounded by cannabis legal sales, because then it kind of creates this different culture, you know.
Speaker 3: What I mean.
Speaker 2: That's one thing I really think I love about every festival that I go to is that there's a different culture. You know, same thing with like Big Dub a couple of weeks ago. You know, they have it surrounded by like you know, free spirit, earth religion like grounds and like you know, there's you know, there's a spiritual feeling there, right, and the homie camp collective is more like hetty jam bands flowing and artists right, like real heady saying similar to summer and smoke out but like but a little different. Were on the festive vibes, right, so you got more like heavy festivvies. I felt like this was like a fetti fest, right, kind of like how like Big Cloud is or like the seven, you know, like hash bash cut like it's heady. You know, the music is very much side by side with the plant rather than ones being you know, higher up, you know what I'm saying, because you didn't have that the you know, all this stuff that elevated exotics did shout out like the dispo up there. If you didn't have all that shit, that would have been a whole different vibe, right, So I thought that was really cool. And there's Dabber's Alley. We got the judge, you know, which is really fun. We got shut out Honeycomb again. We judged with our dude, shout Jose, that's the fam. We got the judge, but together it was a blast. Dave really enjoyed picking on me with honeycumb. I'm sure we were ripping I've turned.
Speaker 1: He's like number three is so good, and we're all like, bro, what.
Speaker 2: I don't go there? Say it was so good? I said, I didn't mind it. Literally, they all were like I was like, whoa, guys, relaxed, Like like I said, two was pretty solid, dude, but no one's freaking out on me on one. It's two, two and five were probably the the better ones out of the bunch, you know, yeah, yeah, for sure, for sure we agreed.
Speaker 1: We all agreed. I think we all came the same conclusion. Yeah. It was fun. And then he rolled up a fucking had to be probably.
Speaker 2: Like that thing. Dave got blessed with an artist passed the first time. So Dave was like, look at me, I'm an artist. It was lovely.
Speaker 1: It was due. I was performing on set.
Speaker 4: Man.
Speaker 2: He was like in the artist drinks, He's like, hey, yeah, I drinking. It's a wild I got some ice, was a food snacks. It was funny because he had an artist pass and I was going to get the judging thing for the artist thing. He just handed Dave once, Oh shit, thanks man, Like we didn't even think about it, right cool. It wasn't like a big samples nine samples, so we took that. We took one of our packs, judged it with honeycom we took matched it. We ended up mixing like two packs pretty much, and we rolled a big old three smoked it with everyone that was judging, you know, Shout out Neil, Shout out Brett for throwing such a fun fust, you know, and getting to smoke with all them a little bit. I don't know if I got to smoke with Bread, but I tried to smoke with everybody. Just festies are crazy, man, because then sometimes you just duck in and taking shelter or I'm tired or Dave's tired, or we have to get you know, sleep, or hey, I'm hungry, you know, so you just kind of you're on your own like journey, right. So I've been really enjoying all the events, you know, I definitely know there are definitely ones in the fall, you know, I know it got big cloud ones coming up in September, and then you know, this isn't Cannis very but music to me, and like there's definitely heady guys, big fam shout out big fan there in October, So check them out if you're a Michigan local. It's definitely worth like the vibes they do really work really hard.
Speaker 1: In my ass Mission International speed Away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's gonna be great. That's October, and then I think Big Clouds that September. But since we're talking like I mean, we're talking about like events that are like they do their thing.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about don't go thing. We also got the Hot the Harvest Cup. That's that's going to be announced at the Capitol. I think it's like September fifteenth. That's at the Capitol Hill. They're gonna announce some winners for that. It's not like an event, but you can go to the Capitol and continue protesting our rights and everything advocating, and then you have I.
Speaker 2: Thought jams and Genetics said something in the fall too, so it's like we have we do the October.
Speaker 1: They have an October event that they do.
Speaker 2: That's what's your second run of Like.
Speaker 1: You have Ethogenics Fast upcoming yep, yep, yeah, Or that's at the hash Bash or not a Hashbasch ed Arbor, it's at the diag There we go.
Speaker 2: That's at the hash Bash.
Speaker 1: If you're for female empowerment PS pink Pink, such Society is doing a retreat at the end of August.
Speaker 2: Very cool.
Speaker 1: You can check that out PS Society. And then so, okay, we.
Speaker 2: Got more events than I realized. Hell yeah, this is awesome.
Speaker 1: The Olympics is going to do their event in September. I don't know if they announced the date, so I'm not going to say it yet, but I know him the date is, so that's upcoming, and I just I haven't seen him anounce it, so I don't want to announce it.
Speaker 2: No, no, of course, no, I'm saying this is good though. This is good because I'm just recapping some of the summer events that we went to, you know, with all the you know, even like the heavy ones with.
Speaker 1: Like I said, oh, and then you have Kevin Gates. You have the one out on the West Side. I just know Kevin Gates is performing because I got a pass from Flower, so I'm blinking on that one. Last year. They had Burner and a bunch of other artists there. It's a pretty good disco spot. It's it's affiliated with Draca Gates. Oh my god, I can't think of it. But that's that's at the end of August as well too. I think and then a non cannabis related I don't know. Maybe it's on the west side state.
Speaker 2: I'm seeing Kevin Gates Cast County Grounds, Capitalist, Michigan. Yes, oh wow, this is right after my birthday too. Man, you're trying to buy me ticket? Don come, no, by, I'm traveled out. We're taking a break until a couple of weeks off. Well it's two weeks, I guess, but anyways, maybe.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so there's a bunch there's a bunch of events still upcoming.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, but I want to talk about this. I was trying to. I mean, grails are great event, and I'm glad we covered them, but like, you want to talk about this. We heard about an event kind of flopping a little bit through the grape vine.
Speaker 1: You were talking to me, so, oh Cannabish. Yeahs like their third year, and I think the last two years it completely flopped. Like ius, they owed a bunch of people money, they didn't even pay them out, and there is nobody at these events. Nobody at the event, I guess supposedly maybe like fifty to one hundred, that's what I heard.
Speaker 2: I saw a bunch of pictures from people being there, and even you could tell from the people trying to be cool with it, you know. I mean they were trying to be cool, you know, being like hey, but you could tell that, like there was not a lot of people there, and then I forget which artist I saw a video, but it looked like he was just trying his hardest to perform and like I know how it was juicy j. Yeah, that's what it was. And there was just like not a lot of people. And I felt bad. I mean, definitely put on a show where he could, but you like, you know, when you're used to playing for like hundreds, hundreds or to thousands or tens of thousands of people, you know, I think it's just kind of hard to get that same energy drawn, you know. Yeah, So you know, I just feel bad because you know, they're trying to do a successful event, and it's really hard to throw events, Like it's not just hey, like we're gonna throw a name out of flyer, spend a bunch of money. I guess responsibles.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but I think they're I think they're shrying to shady though, the people that throw this event, because I don't think they paid vendors last year and then they didn't make enough money to pay people this year and stuff like that. Even some of the artists don't even think got bad.
Speaker 2: Whoa what contract that's contractual.
Speaker 1: That's well, maybe that's what sucks because sometimes you throw an event and I don't.
Speaker 2: Know, no, I get I know, but I'm trying to say, it's it's hard to throw events. People think they can just like throw a name and it's hard. Like these people who throw events, you got to pay them respect because they like, it's a lot of work. It's a lot of logistics, it's a lot of day on site things, you know. So when you see things that drop balls like that, it's like, you know, people want to just be like, oh, you didn't pay enough for marketing, you didn't do this, Like no, you probably didn't do a bunch of things like it's hard. Yeah, but yeah, so yeah, man, we had some cannabis of breaking news we want to talk about. So I'm excited for the Fall events.
Speaker 1: Man.
Speaker 2: I think it's gonna be a good time. I think it's just, you know, got dress a little different.
Speaker 1: Football seasons almost here. Fall events are coming, Halloween decorations are coming out, Fall pumpkin spice, lattaser in the air. I can smell them already. Oh god, I know they're coming, just never.
Speaker 2: You know. It's like, I'm not knocking.
Speaker 1: I do I love pumpkin.
Speaker 2: I do love Okay, So here that's where we don't agree. I don't like pumpkin. So I was about to say, like, I don't mind people liking pumpkin. I just think it's disgusting. So when the pumpkin phase happened and everything was pumpkinized, I was like, what the I don't even like pumpkin as is I don't even like pumpkin pie. Yeah, I said it. Someone's gonna like reach out in my hands, like.
Speaker 1: You're a piece of That's fine, Yeah, you are a piece of ship. We don't like you. WHOA escalated quickly, I know.
Speaker 2: I was like, how do we get here? I hate you? Dave like logs off. He just frozen. I'm like, ah, well.
Speaker 1: That was piece. I'm out.
Speaker 2: All right away. Off the press, hot press extra extra, know all about it.
Speaker 1: Refused Jones soda.
Speaker 2: This is crazy to me when you brought up Jones so, I was like, Jones soda, you mean bubblegum blue soda that I only drank once, Like you know, like I Jones, just like really unique sodas. Remember, Like it wasn't just I mean, they had traditional sodas, but they had weird sodas too.
Speaker 1: Remember yep, I tell I don't really remember too much of them. I just remember like that I never really drank them that much. Dude, I'm not, I like, I was just a big soda guy.
Speaker 2: But like, oh so when I when, I'm so anyway, so I'm getting into this. They'll be producing in the Gibralto trade Sound Mount Clements, which if you know Michigan you kind of know where that's at.
Speaker 1: The partner I'm so easy canning.
Speaker 2: Oh what sorry, No, no, sorry you broke up for a second. You kind of like it was like a glitzy that's all.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I was just saying ECP as well. Yeah no, no, just saying a CP.
Speaker 2: No for sure, just internet crap was no big deal.
Speaker 4: No.
Speaker 2: So, what they're gonna be serving is twenty milligram THC bottle intended to be single servings, one hundred milligram GSC servings intend to be for sharing drinkers, sharing people who will on higher dosages. And then they have mixing syrups that will come in four on glasses and which contain two hundred milligrams TTC syrup and cane syrups will come and bury lemonade and have gray green apple and orange and cream. I'm really surprised they didn't have bubble gum because bubble gum was the one flavor that I remember like stood out, was really unique. I don't know if it was one of their popular ones, but I'm really curious how I'm really curious how this goes because I think this is a smart thing to do, and I almost feel like someone just bought the rights to Jones and is rebranding it as a cannabis thing, because I've thought that would be a great idea with a couple of things, you know, just buy the name and then change the idea, you know.
Speaker 1: I don't know, if I don't know, If I don't know, I'm not sure.
Speaker 2: I'm just I could be the same owners and they're just like, hey, our SODA's really didn't work, but like, hey, we get in the we game. It's good soda.
Speaker 1: I like the syrup idea. Yeah, the.
Speaker 2: Flavors too, you know a lot, you know, so it'll be it'll be neat just.
Speaker 1: Depends on it depends on price pointment. But it's good to see brands that are actually brands that were not cannabis related now going into cannabis because that just that just shows uh, normalization continuing to happen. Because like you'll see when you see brands that are doing stuff that like if there is something with alcohol and then they do not infuse alcohol, that means they're showing that they're still there for non infuse like those non alcoholic drinks, right, that means you're you're trying to get all the customers. Now they're trying to get in the cannabis market because they see they see a demographic or a market there that they can capitalize on. And I don't blame them. There's there are people that like to drink the drink. You are seeing more drinks coming out.
Speaker 2: Well, And I always think about like edibles and drinks are like very easy to discreetly hide too, And especially when I think about you know, I always think about people in and this might be extreme cases, but I always think about people nursing homes, you know, like that's the only way they can consume regular if someone's sneaking them in edibles or drinks, because that's the why we can get down anything hospitals, that type of stuff, because it's you know, federally is still bullshit U treaty lely so. So I think sometimes these sodas, these these edibles are like ways to get people into cannabis who aren't always into canvaus or something unique for me and you if we're going screw it, we gonna smash on hundred milligrams real quick rather than having like, you know, I don't know, it's kind of like unique thing.
Speaker 3: You know.
Speaker 2: It's not like a regular thing for me. You know, I won't be just like all right now, I'm just drinking to each soda, you know, but I'm not, you know, I'm There's.
Speaker 1: Definitely a market out there though that does that doesn't want to smoke or dab, and they're going to be one of the people that want to instead of eating, they might just want to have a drink because that's what that's how they like to go. And that's the best part about cannais you can get your you can get your product, get your THC cannabinoids many ways, from smoking to eating, to dabbing to vaporizing. So he'll be cool. I'll be excited to see when it rolls out.
Speaker 2: Oh and by the way, I just want to one last thing. Real e CP the O their CEO COO actually used to be the CEO of our a Blake's Sier. So they are partnering with the like no Big drinks, so we'll see how it goes, right.
Speaker 1: And Blake's Blake's Cider with that with the infused cier did really good too. I heard I didn't try it last year, so.
Speaker 2: What's some saying? So maybe he'll launch it the Blake's Hearts or that he was the former CEO of Blakesart, So we'll see how it goes really cool, different market. So what were we saying? I'm sorry, I mean cut you out, brother.
Speaker 1: Oh, I was just saying, let's I was going to jump into the the teen robbing a cannabis story.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, but I just want to shout out Old Score Organics, Kinship and our newest partner High nine. Check it out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, our official drink sponsor of the podcast. And then you can see Old School and Kinship my mind right there, David, what I did?
Speaker 2: Hell yeah? And Dave, Dave sent me this story and about passed out from laughing just from reading the title. I don't mean like in a rude way, but I was like, dang, someone robbed a dispo for a hundred gees. That shit's crazy to me. All Right, David is walking away, so yeah, no, So to get into this article a little bit, I thought it was pretty crazy. This teen in Royal Oak was charged one hundred grand or a found with one hundred grand worth of pop products after robbing a dispo. So this dispo, uh do do? Gatspeak Cannabis company was where where they broke into and it took place about two am on Saturday, August third, Do Do Do Do? And and honestly, one hundred thousand dollars worth of product. I mean that's not a small, little getting get out type of heist. Like, honestly, it's pretty wild, like they must have walked got away with a lot of stuff. So it's only been over for two months. So I felt really horrible when I was reading this article, and really even sad to read that this was done by a fifteen year old. So it's just like, you know, I wonder why this person was in such a desperate situation for this you know what I'm saying. You know, a fifteen year old robbing one hundred thousand dollars A word from a dispo like.
Speaker 1: You know, I wonder why you know does make sense?
Speaker 2: But hey, real quick, I want to hear this. We I have this article pulled up from them, so I was thinking maybe we could just check it out and see what it's all about, maybe after in about a couple of seconds, because I didn't know it was going to pop up with a commercial. So there's a commercial playing right now. But I do think when you steal one hundred thousand dollars worth of product, someone's gonna notice.
Speaker 5: So we're shocked that it happened.
Speaker 6: He somehow managed to evade the alarm system for almost thirty minutes while he carried tote after toad out of the product and Duo's car, which she can't even legally drive.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that's another thing too.
Speaker 7: I think almost he was shocked that he got in, and so it was like he was kind of like.
Speaker 1: Like looking around.
Speaker 5: Brent Heurmet was an hour away, alerted to security footage a hooded intruder in his marijuana dispensary.
Speaker 7: From talking to the police, I don't think he had any idea what he was even doing, Like he didn't know what he wanted out.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that's right. The kid that got away with one hundred thousand dollars worth of product, just fifteen years old. And you found out that it was a fifteen year old, what went through your mind? It's sad kind of not even old enough to have a license. The kid took a car Saturday around one three in the morning, drove to Gastbye Cannabis Company in Royal Oak using a hammer to bust through a window.
Speaker 1: Pretty amazing. Somehow he avoided.
Speaker 4: Tripping the alarm for almost thirty minutes, had to go through a bunch of hoops to try to get in, and then once he was in, kind of in and out through that same spot, kind of running to the car loading, coming back, loading, coming back.
Speaker 5: Being just fifteen, he's not a master criminal. The hoodie he had on didn't cover his face and that's what helped police track him to his home in Royal Oak. With that literal mountain of Evanish moralizing a.
Speaker 7: Little bit because of all the work that we in on a regular basis to try to keep the place, like, you know, beautiful for the community.
Speaker 5: The Gatsby has only been opened two months at this location, a big mess to clean up, and all that product is evidence in a criminal case. Now will they ever be able to resell.
Speaker 7: We're trying to figure out all that stuff with the state right now. So I honestly don't even have an answer for that.
Speaker 5: That fifteen year old now charged as a juvenile with breaking an entering and fleeing at a looting house now at Children's Village in Oakland County.
Speaker 7: I'm sad for him, but I don't feel bad for him, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And like the thing is like about that, like that's just a rough situation because you know, that kid's not like in a good place where he has to like rob, you know what I mean. So you feel bad, But at the same time, that's one hundred thousand dodars with the product and that person there's no way they're gonna be able to sell that. You know, they're gonna have to write and you can't write it off as a loss. Like so it's it's really a bumm for the dispo too. You know, I feel bad for Gatsby, you know, I want to say I feel bad for the kid, but I don't know the situation. I don't know if it was selfish, are desperate. Either way, it's like it's still messed up because you're just.
Speaker 1: It's fifteen years old and you're trying to go rate, go fucking break into a store and then steal shit. I don't know. I'm just not for that.
Speaker 2: No, No, I'm not saying that. I'm just trying to have empathy, because I know some situations have, you know, desperate people behind them. But when you mess with like a person's business and you're stealing that much, you know, you're clearly just trying to steal, like take that's a lot of product. You know. This isn't someone who's going in there and taking a couple of handfuls of shit because they're desperate for, you know, to make a quick quick buck. You know, I've seen people, I've literally seen people grab tip jars and I'm like, damn, that person's probably desperate or got some drug issues or something. Right, you're still one hundred thousand dollars worth that's planned, you know, and this kid's fifteen, all right. They are even saying like this kid can't even drive and he's just robbing dispos Yeah, no, it doesn't make sense, such a such a such a shitty story. Because that I feel bad for the gas be owners because, like I said, I don't think they're gonna be able to sell that. I hopefully they can't sell that unfortunately.
Speaker 1: You know, now Sierra will allow that back to be sold.
Speaker 2: Their both a bumber. Hopefully they can bounce back. Man, that's that's a crazy story. And then yeah, you got one last one that you said to me, which I thought was pretty cool. Shout out to North Dakota. Sounds like they approved if it's will approved marijuana legalization measure for November's ballot, you know, so yep, yep, So that's pretty cool. So another, they got enough, they has a chance.
Speaker 1: Yep, they got enough signatures. That'll be them in Florida, we'll have the chance. So under the new legalization measure, adults twenty one and older we'd be able to possess up to one ounce of marijuana flower, four grams of concentrates, and three hundred milligrams of edibles that they could buy from a limited number of licensed dispensaries. Adults could also grow up to three plants for personal use with a six plant cat per household, so.
Speaker 2: Basically, two people live together, you were married, you could grow six. I mean it's not the best with the count, but at least it's in there. I mean rather than not.
Speaker 1: Oh, at least I got homegrow. That's what I'm.
Speaker 2: Saying that that's trying to be positive.
Speaker 1: Because you can always try to least eventually fight for more. Work it to get yeah, work it to get maybe nine or twelve, like how.
Speaker 2: Yeah, hey, this doesn't make sense because of you know, you just start when they when you start getting people doing it and growing, and people going like, hey, this isn't enough time, enough product to help me medically. I need a little bit more than maybe it gets up to six, you know, then you're up to twelve households. That would be cool.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, because three.
Speaker 2: It's on there like New Jersey. And then always throws me off, like you always say, man, Dave says it best. It's not is it really legal?
Speaker 1: Like no, it's not. And that goes back to last week's So yeah, we posted a clip last week on that topic, I think because we were talking about it for the Planning League. The plant's not legal if you can't have a home grow.
Speaker 2: True a mechanic, our Instagram, our Facebook. You know we are Shadow band. But if you type in m I C A N N A C A s T, it will pop up. We'll see the logo, advocage, gamespyer. You'll see my goofy has face and Day's goofy as face. What's up?
Speaker 1: Cheers? That's true. We are there, We are there, so yeah, please you see us in the story, see us in the posts. You'll hear our voices, you'll see the videos. Please hit that subscribe button. You appreciate that. Leave us five star review if you're leaving this on YouTube, or if you're listening to this on Spotify or Apple, leave it's a five star review.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we got to share videos and products and stufter review. We got his Olympics box where we'll be doing. So go hit follow subscribe please because we've got a bunch of cool stuff popping off, so we want to connect and.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and we got some cool stuff up coming. You might see us at a couple events throughout August and September, so if you see us, make sure you say stop us, say what up. Let's meet in real life and not just on the internet. Digitally, so we appreciate all you tuning in. This week will be live Saturday, nine am. I'll probably be back in that studio with Groovy since he's not on his three weeks for like four or.
Speaker 2: Five days and like, work really long for both of us. So and I got to put on another event that wasn't planning on like last minutes. I was like, so, it's been a crazy day. We're just happy to get this done for y'all and catch you up what's going on in the news and just what's going on with us and just events and what events look forward you. So it's been great groove of music everywhere two weeks. Know why, if you like saxophone or key tar, I'm gonna ctually say that now I'm playing that more, uh, and that I'll posting some cool ship check out candidate everywhere.
Speaker 1: Facts, Give me a file, give Groovy a file. Follow my Cannon cast.
Speaker 2: If you want to learn stuff about the plant education, go follow Dave. He's been, he's got, he's got some stuff he's playing.
Speaker 1: Up in here and we'll be talking about it on our next one on one episode. Me and Groofy will be diving into seed wings as the plan, but as always groovy, we're here to advocate, educate and inspire. Next time, y'all have a good week.