Speaker 1: Bonus.
Speaker 2: So I got this.
Speaker 1: So as as I was logging into my computer, this push notification comes up from from the news app and it's a and I admittedly I haven't clicked on it, but it's it's a New Yorker article that that says the ethical implications of reclining your airplane seat?
Speaker 2: Right, And okay, again.
Speaker 1: I have not clicked on the link, so I want to be you know, but I was thinking about how, you know, it didn't used to be an ethical issue. You just used to be able to recline your seat.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Why is that?
Speaker 1: Because the airplanes made enough room available for someone to be able to recline their seat and not have it impinge on the person behind them. Yes, right, yes, And so these airlines are like, well, let's just cram more people in here, like like like abused sard and then make them feel like shit for wanting just like a modicum of comfort in this flying I was gonna say bus, but actually that does a disservice to buses. Buses allow a little bit more personal space than what we get on most economy airlines.
Speaker 2: Yes, and do you imagine that someone said, well, now that they're cramped so tight, maybe we should remove the reclining function because that will put the back of the seat in the person behind them's face. And you have to imagine they were like, no, no, no, no, we can't get If we take that away, they'll feel like they're getting less value, and then they will riot.
Speaker 1: Let's give them a half inch of give and act like we're doing them a favor.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's so true. And it's funny because when the seat does come into my face, and now that they most of the airlines have screens there now now yeah, and it's just like whom you know, coming right at my fam I'm like whoa, whoa, whoa, Okay, like this is a new dynamic or there's something on the little table in front of me that now I mean, my coke could get knocked over, yeah, if I have it in the wrong spot right, And so that's annoying. But I also have enough, I think awareness to not be mad at the person because they're not doing anything wrong. But it's still annoying. And then when I reclined my seat, I am thinking sorry, you know, as I'm like going back, You're right, they're putting it on us. Why are they putting on us. Why is that our problem?
Speaker 1: You know, I was saying. I was thinking about how as as movie theater seats have gotten more comfortable, Like you can lie horizontally at this point.
Speaker 2: You can. You can go to bed if you want.
Speaker 1: Yeah, airplane seats have gotten more you know. Just I mean I saw a thing that was it was like a proposed way of squeezing in more economy seats and it's basically standing. It's it's basically it's a glorified standing, you know what I mean, Like there's like a sop to leaning.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Sure, And I'm like, what kind of fricking Logan's run? Weird? You know, Edge of Tomorrow Future? Are we trapped in? At this point?
Speaker 2: Wasn't there another thing that was proposed? I don't remember if this is satire or real, which is like speaks to our times, but like they were gonna like do tears, yes, right, yes, of seating and airplanes yeah, and so it was like weird, like you would be have someone's feet in your face basically who is like right behind you or just so they could fit more people into the plane.
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's one of those things where I mean, it's just everything they're doing to try to squeeze more money out of it is making me want to fly less and less.
Speaker 2: I know, and sorry, I got up to shut my window. I was like, I'll cut this out. But you know what, screw that. This is We're getting real. This is real talk here. And I realized that I normally I don't have my window open, but it was open, and like all the sounds of the outside were coming in. I was like, Oh, this isn't gonna work.
Speaker 1: I think your neighborhood needs to hear you bitching about Yeah, what do you think? You need to stick your head out.
Speaker 2: You need to be like network. You know, that would actually be funny if I was like, what do you think and some guy walking his dogs like about what I was like about airlines and like the crappy seating all that sucks? Man, right, take care you know? But no, shoot, I do not want to get off topic of what you just said, because I am so on board with everything you're talking about. What are we saying just airlines? Yeah, the staggering that sucks anyway, But that is funny because I.
Speaker 1: Don't know what point now. Sorry, We're at a point now where if you want to have a decent experience. The decent quote unquote experience doesn't exist anymore. So there's like the insanely rich people experience. Sure, yes, and then there is steerage.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's like Titanic all over.
Speaker 1: Yes, So we're just chilling with Fabrizio and that and that Scottish guy. Yeah, yeah, I hope and you know, a steam pipe doesn't fall on us.
Speaker 2: I remember, now, okay, And yes, prices are going up, which is not making me feel better about like the less desirable conditions. And also you know now all the airlines charge for you to check in luggage, right, yeah, so that makes me want to do the luggage that fits that you can put overhead, right, you know, like the smaller suitcase. But the thing is the planes aren't equipped to hold that many carry on suitcases, right, so you if you have like a and that's the other thing. When you're check it just keeps like compounding. And then when you want to check in, even if you check in right at the time they tell you to check, by the second, you are still somehow in group G you know what I mean. So that means you're gonna go in like next to last with your carry on suitcase that you know isn't gonna fit, so you have to walk all the way to the back of the plane to your seat to see that there's no room left. So you have to go all the way to the front of the plane and fight all the people who are coming onto the plane now just to tell the flight attendant that there's no space for your bag so they have to check it anyway.
Speaker 1: Ah, yeah, I mean it, it's it is fascinating because the only thing that makes it make sense is when you realize that customer service is not actually the goal, right yeah, right, Like it's just that that left uh you know the hangar a long time ago. That's good. It's just like, how do we squeeze as much value for shareholders out of this?
Speaker 2: Yeah, and it.
Speaker 1: Makes the whole experience work.
Speaker 2: Anyway.
Speaker 1: That was just my series of thoughts when I saw this thing about what's the ethical responsibility? I'm like, hey, yeah, this is me. This is crazy talk from Zaki. I want to go back to the days when leaning your seatback was not an ethical choice that you had to make, right. I miss when it wasn't an ethical choice, it was just an.
Speaker 2: Option that you had. Me too, man, take me back.
Speaker 1: I'm Zachiissan. That's the way the cookie crumbles.
Speaker 2: Yeah, or should be like, yeah, yeah, that's the way I see it. That should be like your new segment, I'm zach Uisan and that's the way I see it, the way things ought to be.
Speaker 1: That's right. That was the title of Rush Limbaugh's book.
Speaker 2: Oh. I was like, yeah, that was somewhere in my brain.
Speaker 1: I remember reading that in junior high and being like, this guy is so smart. That's what a freaking goddamn dumbass that was, you might say. You might say I was obsessed with Russe Limbaugh.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and what oh oh, so you find yourself drawn to obsessions.
Speaker 1: So I didn't realize it until this past week, and then suddenly, suddenly the threads started tying together. I did just see obsession finally.
Speaker 2: You know what. Okay, here's here's what I'm thinking. There's a couple movies I'd like to talk about very briefly, and I think I would like to save Obsession for last, because I want to hear your fully spoiler free, like, okay, let's get into a take. Is that okay? Like I kind of make that the main review of this if that's okay. Absolutely, And for people who are listening right now so they know the movie.
Speaker 1: If you're listening to this, this is the bonus show. You're one of our obsessives.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so absolutely, and we are with us and we're obsessed with you. Like, let's obsess together.
Speaker 1: I agree.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And and Obsession debuts on Peacock on July seventeenth. What does it really me? Up? Very shortly, so this is actually perfectly timed. So yeah, and I look forward to talking about that. But I think you had another movie. I have, like maybe one or two I was gonna talk about real Quie.
Speaker 1: I just saw Evil Dead Burne tell me about it. Well, I know you're the one to talk to about horror, Brian.
Speaker 2: You're like the apparently I don't know what's happened to me, you know.
Speaker 1: Well, so this is the sixth Evil Dead movie overall since since nineteen eighty one. Okay, okay, right, first three we're by Sam Ramy and then and then we got there was like a reboot in twenty thirteen.
Speaker 2: Right, So, I mean, and for people who aren't aware of this series, I mean, there's a real The first three movies have a real authorship feeling to them, right, Like these are sam Remi movies. His sensibility, his humor, he's creating them. It's very much like a Sam Raimi feeling experience. But then yes, they made like a new one in twenty thirteen, which he might have produced or something, right, but he's a pe on.
Speaker 1: All of them, along with Robert Tapert and Bruce Campbell is one of one of the producers too, which is I'm glad he gets a piece.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So Fida Alvarez did the one from ten years ago or from thirteen years ago. He did Alien Romulus a couple of years back, and then Alien or Evil Dead, I don't even know what was it called Rise, Evil Dead Rise. That was twenty twenty three. That was Lee Cronin, who just had the New Mummy movie, which is not to be confused with the other the Universal Mummy.
Speaker 2: Right right, which is probably why they call it.
Speaker 1: Lee Cronin's exactly like the name is supposed to mean something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, or I mean typically right, But I think a lot of people were like who. I think it's definitely the reason they did that was so people would know they're not getting into a Brendan Fraser Mummy movie, which kind of puts an unfair sort of thing on Lee Cronin, like I didn't ask for them to put my name there, you know, I know that's right.
Speaker 1: And then this new one is an evil dead burn okay, and it is what it is, more of the same, So it's I almost It's directed by a French dick named Sebastian vanu Check, and I noted in my review that I think he's very skilled at directing. He stages scenes in interesting ways. You know. There's a lot of like overhead shots that I really liked, where you're getting the full geography of a scene from above, Like like there's a there's a car wine going down this long stretch of road, and the cameras play it's like a helicopter shot way up and so you see it from a distance as it as it koreem's off the road, and I just I just loved that. You know, so you're experiencing this crash at a at a distance, but it almost feels more real as a result, you know.
Speaker 2: Right, like you're witnessing something yeah maybe yeah.
Speaker 1: And then there's like there's a great wonder where you have a character on a ground as just absolute chaos, and you know, dead eye Mayhem is is erupting around them, which I thought was very effective. I think this is it's like gory as hell, and that this is one of those things where anybody listening, especially if you're subscriber to the Patreon, you know. I mean, I'm certainly not a fan of gratuitous gore. I know, I know you're not either.
Speaker 2: I think that type of horror is what kept me away from the genre for so long. Yeah, yeah, I mean this is kind of a splatter film, right, I mean it like revels in its liquids fluid.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a lot of a lot of goo and ooze.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: Right. If you're not a fan of a hooks in eyes and uh, you know, fountain pens jabbed into ears, this might not be your ball of axe, you know.
Speaker 2: Not for me, Not for me.
Speaker 1: So I was literally watching much of it through squinted eyes. You know, I was like deliberately blurring my vision, or I guess in my particular sense. You know, I still need cataract surgery on my right eye, so I just closed my left eye. I let the cataract eye do the lifting.
Speaker 2: May As well, make it useful for something.
Speaker 1: Gets amuse from it right now, So I admire the craft and I can say, well, if if this is what you like, I mean, you're getting what's on the tin. But man, it's rough. I don't know, I'm just ah, I find it very cruel, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean you were describing perfectly. Yeah, the type of four I don't really like and why I didn't watch a lot of movies because I felt like, for you know, growing up, it was a lot of like slasher stuff, which I don't really connect with. And then I think in the two thousands there was sort of the saw hostile sort of you know, misery, torture sort of horror. And I think the reason I've been enjoying it more is because it's been a little bit more story character driven, and there just happens to be horrifying elements involved, and so there's more for me to attach myself to, like dramatically, character wise, and so I've been enduring some of the you know, horror elements because the stories have been so strong. But this sounds like something where it's like, now you're going for the experience to see how gross, how gross can we get it sounds.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's definitely that, you know. I I I think what I realized is is the original three Evil Dead film what I've seen all of them, and you watch the first film now and you're like, man, this is this is Sam Raimi cutting his teeth, you know, and then the second one you're like, Okay, this is this is this is Sam Raymi. This is to Sam Ramy. What you know, The Road Warrior is to George Miller, you know, bigger budget to make the movie really wanted to make. And then and the third one it well, the third one is to to Sam Ramy what Mad Max Beyond Thunderdome is to George Miller.
Speaker 2: I guess, Okay, put.
Speaker 1: Some studio money into it, and now you know it's more of a mainstream movie, right, And so I appreciate each of those on that level. Of the three, I think the one that's most rewatchable for me for me is Army of Darkness.
Speaker 2: So so this is kind of comedy, like right, there's it's yeah, yeah, I mean it's it's it's yeah.
Speaker 1: I would call it a horror comedy. I mean it's something, it's it's in the vein of Ghostbusters.
Speaker 2: For me, you know, yeah, like there's monsters doing three Stooges routines with our hero, right, yes.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, and so you know these other ones, I mean, I I well, shoot, you know, now that I think about it, I don't think I've seen the Fadee Alvarez one, or if I have, I don't remember it. But you know, I saw Rise a few years ago and I wasn't crazy about that either. I just found it very cruel, you know. And this one, I mean it, I think the craft elevates it slightly. I do think it's well made, but not my tempo.
Speaker 2: Not your tempo. Yeah, I got it, I got it. Yeah, yeah, yeah, And I think that's anyone listening probably knows from what you just said if it is or isn't there so.
Speaker 1: But I'll tell you. I mean, they spent like twenty million on it, they're gonna turn a profit, and they've already got the next one like shot and ready to go. Oh wow, okay, yeah yeah, like I believe that's coming up next early next year.
Speaker 2: It feels like it's been happening more often. I remember with the twenty eight years later thing right where they had the two basically in the can then they put one out at the end of one year and the next one out. It's interesting investing investing in their ips.
Speaker 1: I guess spend less make more.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, well, yeah you could. I don't know about these two movies, but now that I think about with twenty eight years later, you have some of the same actors, you have some of the same sets, So you're using the same sets for two movies makes a lot of sense. Yep, will I Well, speaking of spending economically and sequels, I saw Jackass Best and Last, Yeah, which there's not a whole lot I can say about this, Like I think people already know their relationship to the Jackass series, whether it's oh, I got to see that or I am never going to watch that in my life. And I say, you know, economic because this is being sold as their last film, but it is also the greatest Hits movie, So half of it is new material where they're older now and they're doing a couple more stunts and kind of saying goodbye and getting a little teary about it occasionally, but they are also showing like the best of from the TV show, from the films, and yeah, you know, me and my buddy Michael went and saw it and like, we had a great time. It's funny because I think I had I've I never thought I was going to be a Jackass person. I didn't watch the TV show. When I was in college, someone rented the first Jackass movie and I was like, seriously, you know, kind of a thing. And then I watched it and I just laughed with tears in my eyes. And I had no idea that I would find it so funny. And I think it is absolutely stupid with a capital S. But I think what makes it so appealing is these guys are buddies, and they are just they're in on the joke together, sure, and watching them do stupid things and cackle, just fall over cackling with one another, sometimes at one another, but mostly with one another, there's just something infectious about it, you know. And then over the years the stunts got more and more elaborate, and the You're like, I would like to sheet see Johnny Knoxville tape himself to a rocket and get fired into the air, you know, like what would happen? So then you're in on the joke with them, and so I have enjoyed them and this one I did enjoy, and actually I left with my face kind of hurting from smiling so much. But I also feel like it didn't feel it didn't have me as much as some of the others, because half of them are stunts I had seen before. So I think part of the fun of these movies is seeing something them presenting something where you go, oh, no, what is what is gonna happen now? But with half of these, I had seen them already, so you don't have that fresh, giddy thrill, okay, although you are still laughing remembering, Oh I remember this one. Yes, yes, this you know that kind of thing. And I think this one also leaned a little bit more into the gross kind of arena than I love, you know where it's more speaking of fluids and goose, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Are there any fountain pens being jammed anywhere?
Speaker 2: No, thank god, but like there is pooh and yeah, I can endure a little bit of that stuff. But it just it felt like this one leaned into it more than I remember some of the other ones, And I was like, ugh, So I found myself doing that, like you said, blurring my vision a little bit, and kind of I don't need this in my life. And at the same time, I like, I said, my face hurt from smiling, and so, you know, definitely for the initiated. In the in fans of the series, there was a moment. Actually, I hope Michael doesn't mind me sharing this, but it was so funny. There's a moment where Steve O is completely butt naked, okay, and he puts a ping pong ball in his mouth, and then he sits down on this table and he shoots a ping pong ball out of his butt, like trying to pretend like it had gone through his whole body. And it was so gross and weird and like you can't just the bass instincts in you are like, that's hilarious, you know what I mean. Like, and it's funny because then this ping pong ball shoots out of his butt. And then Michael like turned to me and he's like, I just feel like we have bonded on another level now we have gone through this together. I was like, you're totally right, You're totally right witnessing that together. So anyway, you know, it was funny. Though, just out of curiosity, I looked it up and this movie has an eighty nine percent on Rotten Tomatoes. Wow, And I was like, that is fascinating because, as you so, I googled it, the first movie has a forty nine percent. Second one has sixty six, three, sixty seven, four eighty you know, five eighty six, this one eighty nine. It's amazing to me that it feels like people are sort of like I kind of get this now, like maybe there is something kind of weirdly comforting about watching these people.
Speaker 1: Well well the first one was what like two thousand or something. Yeah, yeah, so I mean you you can you can just picture it like the generation of critics.
Speaker 2: Well that's a good point movie, right.
Speaker 1: Like you're you're Ebert and your Gene Shalett and r whatnot.
Speaker 2: That's a great You're you're totally right, You're totally right, and like I don't get this. Yeah, and I I anyone who thinks this is ridiculous and is like I I that is stupid, and like you can't even convince me you know otherwise you're right, you're right, But for some reason they're is something once you get to know the characters and watching them do all this stuff together and just falling over laughing with one another. It's like I said, it's infectious.
Speaker 1: Plus I think it now is as good a time as any to stop.
Speaker 2: Oh one hundred percent. I mean these guys.
Speaker 1: I saw the shock of white hair on Johnny Knoxville's head, yes, and I was like, oh, God, is watching this? Is it gonna be like watching Indian Dial of Destiny where you're like, ooh ah.
Speaker 2: Well, they show a stunt. I think it's from the previous one where Knoxville gets into a ring with a bull. Okay, and the bull it's a bull. The bull just he's standing there and the bull just charges him and he flips. He does like a three sixty in the air and then lands, and it's funny because he looks like, oh yeah, did we get the shot? And they're like kinda, and he's like okay, And then he gets up and he does it again.
Speaker 1: It's dedication.
Speaker 2: It's dedication. And then this time it gets an even better you know, flip out of him and then it cuts to him with it. You know, he's on a stretcher, his head is fixed to the stretcher because he has a concussion, and you're like, look, God, bless you dude. That was amazing, Like I was entertained. Yeah, but please don't die like you know. So yeah, yeah, it's it's good. It's good that maybe they're stepping away. Now, one more movie I'll talk about, and then I'm looking forward to talking about Obsession. Actually there's another movie that I'm going to save for the next full episode, but I will throw out that I watched it just in case anyone wants to watch it and then hear me talk about it a little bit and if you're interested, you can check it out. I watched How to Make a Killing.
Speaker 1: Ah, yes, yeah, I mean I was watching that just last night. Oh.
Speaker 2: I was gonna say, I wonder if you two would enjoy watching that together. It's a Glenn Powell movie, and I.
Speaker 1: Will say that's why she's watching. Well, I was.
Speaker 2: Gonna say, obligatory, is Glenn paalll a star? The movie started, and I did, I don't know. I had experience this with every Glenn Powell movie, where I'm like, I don't know, Glenn, pal are you a star? And then when the movie ends, I'm like, I like that guy. That's the roller coaster I go on with him. Every single movie. This movie comes from John Patton Ford, who previously did Emily the Criminal with Aubrey Plaza, which is a movie I really liked. I will just say it's about a guy. He's sort of disowned at birth by a wealthy family. His mom is sort of the black sheep of this wealthy family, and then things happen and he, you know, they don't treat him or his mother very well, and he realizes, wow, I could get this inheritance if all these people died. Wait a minute, maybe I could kill them, which is a very dark premise, and I'll talk more about it. So I'm just saying it's if you want to check it out, It's on HBO Max. That's how I watched it last night because I was like, I don't use this app very much and I am paying for it, so what's on here? And it made for good Friday night viewing. But it is a little dark. So I'll talk about it more in the full episode, but if anyone's interested in checking it out, I wanted to throw that out there. I'll talk about that soon. But I've talked about one movie, Zachi, and I'm realizing I might be the only person in my life who doesn't hate the Minions.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think so. Well, you know, I know that people subscribe to the patreon' that's what they're paying for to hear you talk about minions.
Speaker 2: So this trailer has been playing in front of almost every movie I've seen for the past couple months, and every time, no matter who I'm with, they're always like, ugh, you know. And I don't think Chad would mind me saying He's just like, I don't get it. I don't get it. It's not like who likes this. And I'm sitting there like stifling laughter at their goofy antics. Anyway, So Minions and Monsters comes out over July fourth Holiday, and here's the thing I learned what the plot is. The plot is, basically, these are not the typical minions we've been following. These are minions in the early nineteen twenties or thirties or whatever it is, and they go to Hollywood and it's the minions in old Hollywood, and there's satire of all or parodies more like of all these like Citizen Kane and all these you know, old Hollywood films, and it's about them working in the industry. So no grow in this one, No grow and first of all, I was like, that sounds kind of my alley. I heard that George Lucas does a cameo in this. I was like, what does that look like? And I saw it was actually getting good reviews. This is the first Minions movie to actually get good reviews. I think it's in the eighties somewhere and so under cover of darkness, not telling anyone in my life. I put it on a fedora. I was like Rafael in the first Ninja Turtles movie. I put on a trench coat and fedora and I went to the movies and bought a ticket, hoping no one would see me, and I went and saw Minions and monsters on my own Zachi. I left. I laughed. I I here's the thing. The first half of this movie I loved, and it literally is them accidentally stumbling into Hollywood. Actually, I'll go back a little bit further. It shows them throughout history. Their whole shtick is they are minions to bad guys throughout history, right, and so they're always looking for a bad guy that they can work for. But while they're on this boat, you know, and all the minions are working the oars and another minions working the drum, you know, like ben Hurst style. There's one minion who's sitting with a drawing pad and he's drawing the guy doing the orders, and he's coming up with these funny scenarios about what could happen, what's something funny that could happen right now on this boat? And then this other mini and his friend like looks and is like that's funny, you know, and like and he's like, oh, really, you like my creative ideas, And they become this cute little duo where the one guy is this creative person coming up with these funny scenarios and drawing him and his best friend laughs and none of the other minions are amused or find it funny. And so basically, through a crazy mishap, they wind up in Hollywood, and this creative minion is like, WHOA like you tell stories here? Like I like to tell stories. And so he develops a relationship with this director and he directs all these movies and uses the minions as characters. And they work perfectly in the silent film era, right they because that's basically what they are. They're like Buster Keaton's and Charlie Chaplin's doing this goofy physical comedy and reacting to everything around them, and they literally do then get in you know, parodies of Citizen Kane, which made me laugh out loud and all these other films, and then what happen is the advent of sound and they don't speak English, and so everyone's like, what, like, these guys are here and they're speaking gibberish and we don't want to watch them anymore and it makes them really sad, and so then he you know, then the plot goes into whole like, let's conjure monsters from another dimensions so we can make a monster movie and and you know, we'll have our comeback. And that was kind of where the movie started to lose me, because then it just went into kind of crazy, chaotic, you know fashion, where I was like not finding it as witty. So I first half of this movie I actually genuinely liked, and I get why the critics enjoyed it. And if you think the minions are funny, you know, you're already in the bag for them, and they're antics and people who enjoy old Hollywood stuff might enjoy the first forty five fifty minutes of the movie. But then it does descend into the thing that I think most people just are like, I don't, I don't. This is not for me. This is just chaos and silliness and there's no there there for me. And so sadly, I was like, oh man, this movie is so close to being great like and it just was like, oh okay, and I enjoyed seeing them do their their goofiness as they were trying to fight the monsters. But I just, man, the first half was so good. I wish the whole thing had held up. But anyway, so I walked out. Haven't told too many people about it till now I'm spilling my guts. I went saw minions and monsters, and that was my experience with it.
Speaker 1: Well, I'm glad you feel comfortable sharing.
Speaker 2: What is it with your kids? I mean, do they like the Minions movies or Despicable of Me movies or do you guys watch them?
Speaker 1: I mean, well, I've watched the last few because I reviewed them, not this one. I had I been assigned to review it, I would have watched it, but I wasn't sad not to get not to catch the assignment. You know, sure, sure my kids have watched them. All. But honestly, it's like in one eyeball out the other.
Speaker 2: That that's the thing. I mean, even when we were talking about to Story and Toy Story five in particular, like, look, is that movie, as you know, incredible masterpiece like maybe the first three maybe not, yeah, you know, but still watching that movie. I even as I was watching it, I was like, nobody can is touching what Pixar is touching. Even when they're making a movie that isn't as good as the movies that came before, they just take these chances. They're not worried about potentially losing an audience because they are so confident in themselves. They're like, no, even if we slow down for a minute, you're gonna care. Yeah, we won't lose you. Whereas I think the Minions they're a little worried about losing kids, so they just go, you know, full ham by the end. So I appreciate that Pixar can do that thing. But yes, Minions is completely in one ear out the other, maybe even as you're watching it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, So would you say that this is this is the same.
Speaker 2: Well, I haven't. That's the thing too. I find them amusing. I think in doses I did. I remember I got a screener for one of them once, like for free in my house. So I was like, all right, I'll put it on even while I'm doing stuff. And I lost interest while I was watching it. I think it was this particular story because I found the one creative character very endearing and very sweet, and I loved his ambition and his desire to tell stories. I thought it was very sweet. And his friend who supported him, I found their relationship very sweet. And so I would say, once this is on Peacock eventually, if that sounds interesting at all, watch the first forty five minutes. You might enjoy it, and then you can decide if you want to stick around for the rest.
Speaker 1: Okay, yeah, well very cool.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I wouldn't call them an obsession of mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's good. My pad of one with the transition, I am not there yet, but I like, I want to learn so fast.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, someday I'll be able to leap as high as you.
Speaker 1: So I did finally watch Obsession, Yes, and I had been meaning to for a while, but specifically before Evil Dead. I wanted to watch it just so that I could No no, no, no, no no no.
Speaker 2: No, I'm sorry, but I gotta This was just a preview of a bonus conversation Zakie and I had where we caught up on things we've been watching, including the movie Obsession, which I gave a spoiler free take on a few episodes ago, but Zachie recently saw it for the first time, so we were able to go into a full blown, spoiler filled review that's a little over forty minutes long. If you want to hear the rest of that conversation, head over to patreon dot com slash Movie Film Podcast and subscribe to our special Patreon feed for only five dollars a month. It'll give you access to all of our episodes and commentaries, all without ads and interruptions butting into the fun. Plus, you'll also find bonus conversations like this dropping around twice a minile, So if you're interested in abel, head over to patreon dot com slash MOVIEFILM Podcast and subscribe. Would be very grateful.