Speaker 1: Your summer back back of information. I love how they just cover everything. Fifty five KRC the talk Station.
Speaker 2: To Shai eighto six Here fifty five KRC the talk Station, A very happy Friday Eve to you, of course, it being Friday Eve slash Thursday. Bottom of the hour, we'll hear from my heart media aviation expert Jay Ratlif on a different different topics in the meantime in studio again, the return to Coryboman Coreybowman dot COM's where you find the campaign website. He of course, is running as a Republican for mayor of the City of Cincinnati. We got an election this November. We do have choices. You can do the same thing over and over again expecting a different result, and you won't get one. So let's move away from the forty years rule of the Democrats and maybe give a Republican a shot. Got some great candidates other than Cordy running. Some Charter right candidates are on the ballot, a couple of different Republicans are running for council seats, so lots of different options exist out there. And welcome back to the studio, my friend's always a pleasure for having your own.
Speaker 1: It's always always good to being here. Thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Brian, perfect timing on the heels of the after pro Bowl called meaning, I guess they had a special session of since any city council for the purpose of me. Oh, look, they acknowledge that we have some crime problems. I mean, no figure the fact that they had a special meeting call that they had to come back from the summer recess break because they wanted to talk about crime. I think finally the message has gotten cleared through them that we got some crime problems going on the city of Cincinnati.
Speaker 1: You know, outside of the topic that was discussed yesterday.
Speaker 3: I was actually looking at that over the last few days and I see that, Yeah, they do have a summer break every July and August. Usually is some time between that. Well I don't know if anybody's aware, but during in the city time, those months of July and August are the months where you have the most construction, the most development, and the most need for sanitation, the most need for stopping crime. Crime rates are through the roof during those times, and so that just for me, I'll be stupid. No, I'll be completely honest with you. On one of my social posts, somebody said they finally need to come back from break from summer break, and I thought they were actually joking because I'm like, we're not in school. We don't have like summer breaks and you know, spring breaks and all this stuff. But then I looked down, It's like, wow, that is a part of the schedules.
Speaker 1: It is. That's something we need to actually look at. It's like Congress.
Speaker 2: You know, they hum for a while and then they get a month or two off, and you know, they always have to run out of town.
Speaker 1: So, oh, we've got things to do. It's Christmas break whatever. I understand.
Speaker 3: But for a city government, it's like some of the most key issues that are going on that need to be managed are during those months.
Speaker 2: That's a great observation because you know, and we all know that it's a documented, well documented when the heat goes up, the crime goes up, that's summertime. Yeah, we pretty pretty defined seasons in the city of Cincinnati, as short or variable as they may be, we do get times a year when it's gonna be hotter, when it's gonna be cooler. Maybe they should change the schedule and take their recess during some other months.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you never.
Speaker 3: I mean, obviously, you know, you got to look at all aspects of them, not saying that people don't need time with their families or breaks, but there's major things going on in the city, and these are things that we don't necessarily need a special session for. This needs to be something that we need to be proactive in, and I think that's one of the biggest things that we're kind of pushing with not only our mayoral campaign, but like you said, there's great candidates for city council. We have Linda Matthews that's running for city council, and there's, like you said, many charter rights as well. This has to be a collaborative efforts where the Democrats spot or they basically endorsed all the city, city council and the mayor and so ain'body running against. I would encourage people research who's actually going to be on the ballot in November. Do you research, and there's some great people to have great hearts for the city and they're going to do what's best for the city.
Speaker 2: Yes, I would like to think so, or you know, at least try try them out. It isn't like they're going to be permanently elected, you get an opportunity to vote amount office after a couple of years. So look, you know what the folks currently elected are going to do, which is really stay silent, sit on their hands, and let mayor have to have provol have his own way on literally everything, or you may get someone with some different ideas. And that's one of the reasons why Miss Liz Keating at least she would raise her hand and interject into the discussion process an alternative idea. That's all we're pushing for. There needs to be differences of opinion, There needs to be differences of thought, because that's how we're actually going to get stuff done, you know. To be honest with you, I think that there's people that might even be on city Council right now that they've shown by their voting records that they do have a heart for issues with the city.
Speaker 1: They have a heart for residents.
Speaker 3: We just need to have people be able to work together that have differences of opinion, and I think that's a huge thing that's on the ballot this November.
Speaker 2: It is so yesterday's meeting focusing on crime, you had posted on your page in mentioning that you're going to be on my program this morning. Some crime statistics which are not pretty. When you look from calendar, you're twenty twenty one through twenty twenty five. I mean, there's just been an increase every almost every single year in terms of number of incidents in crime. You got the city of Cincinnati overall. You've got OTR as a separate category, downtown as a separate category in the west, and as a separate category, an area near and dear to your heart because that's where you live, that's where your church and your business are. Yes, but you can't look at this and say crime is down. I mean, looking at OTR alone, twenty twenty one or four hundred and fifty two incidents this year, I guess so far nine hundred and twenty yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: And one thing before we actually get into the current statistics right now, let's go back to actually in the early days of June. That's when they were saying that crime is down, crime is down, crime is down. We were seeing that right before summer that that was what was being said. And I want to throw this out there. It wasn't what was just being said by the current administration or by the city officials. It was what was being said by the media in Cincinnati as well. The media was covering that, yeah, crime is going to be down, crime is down. And I'll tell you this, anybody that was living in the city, anybody that was living in the downtown area, anybody that had a business, knew that there might be certain statistics that were true that they were stating. But nothing could be farther farther from the truth when it came to the big picture of everything. So this is some statistics that were just at the early June that they were mainly focusing on the homicides. And they always when they say crime is down, their justification was that homicide rate was down. Well, we weren't even getting into for lack of better term, we weren't getting into it. You know. So you had a winter you had I mean, I don't know if anybody remembers, it's actually still going on right now. But the rain was going crazy during the springtime as well, so a lot of people were inside. But what was up was the aggravat assaults and strangulations. If you combine those two together, what was up was robbery. What was up by ninety three percent. If you put it to twenty twenty one was auto theft, burglary was up, personal and other theft was up as well. So those statistics kind of showed everybody that was actually boots on the ground that hey, this summer is going to be a rocky ride if we don't do anything to kind of combat this. And so now we look at our statistics that I posted yesterday and we see that overall violent crime is up. Yes, we saw a spike of the homicides, We're seeing a spike of everything, but this isn't just about the homicides.
Speaker 1: This is about overall.
Speaker 3: And then now their statements aren't necessarily crime is down. I saw a post yesterday to where the wording was, well, if you look at overall crime based on this is what they said over the average of three years, over the average. So they're going to have their statistics say whatever they want. There's this term called gas lighting, and it is nothing farther from the truth. That is what is happening in our city. And we need to be realistic on things, be truthful with the citizens. Now, I'm not going to sit here and say that government can fix everything. Actually, that's probably one of the reasons why I'm running is because people need to be reminded that there is other issues personally and that we have to deal with as a society. But government needs to focus on its key aspects, and for our campaign, our key things that we're focusing on is crime, infrastructure, and spending our money properly.
Speaker 1: All right, well, how do we I mean, it's.
Speaker 2: Always almost a laughable concept that you think government is going to be able to create a solution to call to solve the problem of some juvenile delinquent out there that's a home based problem. You know, you're gonna get some punk out there that's run around three o'clock in the morning. That's someone who comes from a home that they don't really care to keep that kid accountable. They don't have their own curfew rules in the house that that kid's not going to be afraid to get his butt tanned by the old man if he's out late and gets picked up by the cops, if they pick him up. So ken government really solved the problem just sort of you got to ask that question out loud. But insofar as what they're considering, there was a time in the city and the curfew's been around since what the nineties, and they used to actually enforce it, introduce in the mid nineties people under the age of sixteen you can't be out after ten pm. Sixteen to eighteen year olds you got until midnight to get home. But there was a period of time when they were picking up you know, sometimes one hundred youths in one night for curfew, during curfew sweeps. Yeah, now they're talking about bringing this back. But the reason they don't do this anymore, at least the impression I got from the reporting by The Inquirer and some other outlets, it's this, they don't want to label these children. They don't want to subject them to the criminal justice system. They don't want to have a create a record. Well, that used to be one of the deterrents for kids committing bad behavior out there in general public. They didn't want record.
Speaker 3: You're exactly right, you know, they're basically saying, oh, well, we don't want the consequences of your crime to be the deterrent for your crime. And that's the thing is that as a society, we have obviously the home structure, we have parents, we have things that we have to encourage from a community aspect. But when it comes down to it, the last straw is you've got to meet law enforcement. You've got to meet the law of the land, and that can't be something to where we ignore that just for the sake of oh, we don't want to put that record on in individuals.
Speaker 2: Let's fall as we bring Corey Bowman back to talk about this. Coreybowman dot com is where you find his website. You can help him out with this campaign learn more about what he the candidate's all about. First though, Cover, since you'll call, you definitely want to make the saving heap loads of money and get you better medical insurance at the same time. Irreconcilable concepts, Right, you have better medical insurance dollar one coverage, catastrophic coverage, you know, a whole package of insurance that gets you in a better place from a coverage standpoint less money. You think that's not possible, Just ask the experts at Cover SINSI just why I always say you initiate the conversation. Talk to them, let them look at where you are. They'll last a bunch of different questions. You know, are you insuring children, are you married? Where are you your life? Any health issues? The whole nine yards, and it's probably gonna be that you are paying too much for too little. They're on your side of the table. They are your insurance broker. There's hundreds of insurance companies out there. There are thousands of medical insurance policies. They'll sip through all of them to find you the best possible place you can be couples hundred sixty five. They typically save them maybe five hundred to one thousand dollars a month with better coverage. Sound appealing. No obligation to you, does not cost you a nine They will not sell your information to anyone, so confidently call them to find out if they can do this magic for you. Five one three eight hundred two two five five five one three eight hundred call. There's a form you can fill out on the website to start this process. Coversency dot com fifty five KRC eight nineteen here fifty five KERR see the talk station Bryan Thomas with Corybaum and Courterbuman from Mayor. We all appreciate and fully realize it's an uphill challenge for Republican to get anywhere in the city of Cincinnati. But someday the residents of the city Sinceni might wake up and realize that for the past four decades and not doing real well by way of city management maintenance, you got pension problems, you got crumbling infrastructure, you got failure type prioritize projects. Current administrations all in for all these green projects and dictating and edicts and mandates over all the neighborhoods on how they can reconstruct and how they can build Connected Communities program foisted on every single neighborhood. Then ask bond Hill and Hyde Park about how they feel about the waivers that were given by the city council in spite of what the residents want to do special projects for well connected developers High Park that got a lot of people off their butts and out getting that campaign signed to get that reverse.
Speaker 1: Eighteen thousand signature.
Speaker 2: And I say every single one of those, this happens to all the neighborhoods. You have a potential voter in any given neighborhood. Anybody out there who is upset that the City of Cincinnati foisted connected Communities on their neighborhood, depriving them of the options for development, you should vote for Corey Bowman.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I mean, so if anybody's listening, I know that we say that there has been a Republican that hasn't run for mayor in over sixteen years, haven't had a Republican mayor, and it's almost fifty years that's been done there. When it comes to this election, I'm telling people that this campaign is run on city issues and every time that I look at these issues, these are not red or blue issues. You will not see this campaign dive into national politics because this is a campaign for Cincinnati and there's real issues that impact the city residents. And whenever I have a one on one conversation with people, I've had conversations with people that they say, we vote blue no matter what. This is exactly what we do. We're always going to be a Democratic party. When I have a one on one conversation with them about out the issues, not about the national politics, we always find common ground and we always see that we all have the best heart for the city. And that's what needs to happen this November.
Speaker 2: Well, that's how firmly in entrance the propaganda campaign is if people do not regularly pay attention to politics, and then which allows them to be capable of coming up with their own conclusions about the propriety of whatever council or the mayor does. Like, wait a second, I've been following this issue and what you're trying to do does not address the problem. You got to do something else. If you pay close enough attention to politics, you can see through that indoctrination campaign that says I got to always vote Democrat. That's your one on one conversation going right there. Yeah, once you get into the weeds and you talk to someone with common sense, logic and reason, they're like, you know, you're right, Corey, You're all right, and that other person was wrong, provol or whatever.
Speaker 3: Well, this is what I can't get over. Okay, Because there was a stabbing that happened at the beginning of June. Patrick Harringer and his wife Sarah has been overwhelmingly vocal about what is happening to our city right now. It wasn't until that happened that these issues, these special sessions, these special programs were addressed with so much publicity that they.
Speaker 1: Are right now.
Speaker 2: Yesterday's meeting was a consequence of her exactly.
Speaker 3: This is my question to the city council and to the mayor right now, because I'm being told repeatedly, and I hate thinking this way because I'm a pastor and we see.
Speaker 1: Everybody the same.
Speaker 3: I've been told on this campaign that the black community won't vote for you, the black community, that the Democratic Party is the one that takes care of them. I'm telling you this right now. Why on earth didn't they care about the black children that have been murdered on our streets up until early June. They only made their voices clear whenever somebody on social media was being loud about it, from a stabbing that was happening in OTR with the Hyde Park issue, they're being vocal about it right now, But what where or they when it happened in bond Hill?
Speaker 1: Where was it?
Speaker 2: When?
Speaker 3: Where were they when it happened in West the West End or in Avondale. Whenever these communities are affected, they don't say anything because it's just this is what happens with city government. But whenever people are allowed enough and have the resources to back it up, that's when they get proactive about it. And that's the thing that we have to realize is that this is an election season. They're gonna say whatever they can to get elected. They're gonna put whatever statistics out that they can to get elected. But these people do not have your best interest at heart. And we are running this race because my business, my church, and my residence now is all within the West End. We hear the gunshots every night. We care about these kids, we care about these communities, and we have practical solutions to fix these problems.
Speaker 2: Well, and you know what, isn't it interesting that no one has made a racial allegation over this Sarah Herringer thing. A white woman has lost her white husband, white business over the rhine. She squeaks, she's the wheel that gets the grease. And look they're acting. They form a special council meeting, they call in to talk about violence in the city because she's out there engaging in activism and bringing all of this crime to everybody's attention. What of all the black families, what of all the black children?
Speaker 3: What about the veteran that lost his life in North Side the week after because all the officers were deterred to OTR instead of College Hill.
Speaker 2: Another great point. So, yeah, this is what we maybe we could say, councils racists. They don't care about the black community. They don't care about the black neighborhoods or the black victims.
Speaker 3: Just like what Sarah's saying that it's all about optics instead of the outcomes. It's all about being reactive instead of proactive. We're gonna look ahead. We're gonna look at the real issues that are affecting our city. Guess what me as a community leader, I don't have to move downtown for only one or two weeks to see what's going on and then return back to my house. That's where my family is, that's where my business is, that's where my church is. We see it every day, and that's why we're fighting for this city.
Speaker 2: Corey Bowman dot com. Corey, always appreciate your enthusiasm and I'll keep pulling for you, and hopefully, I'm sure you and I be talking again between now and November, probably multiple times at least, I hope. So help Corey out and again look into the other options you've got out there. I mean, Lord Almighty got some great options other than the current slate of Democrats. So you know, you do have something other to vote for, and it may very well serve your best interest. A twenty six fifty five Kresney talkstation. iHeartMedia aviation expert Jay Ratliff up next always enjoy those conversations, and I sure hope you can stick around for it. You too will probably find it somewhat enjoyable. But first I want to mention Odor Exit od O or xiit fifty percent off special going on right now. Take advantage of it, get fifteen percent off. And these products work eliminate any odor you come across. All the normal odors you run into on a day to day basis, mold, mildew, pet, smoke, food, your dog rolling in something, and that's happened to me. Otero Exit concentrate on that one just to eradicated it, just immediately. This is a this is a stink that a good bubble bath would not get rid of. Odo Exit concentrate on a rag immediately got rid of it. That's how well these products work. They come with one hundred percent satisfaction guarantee. So right now Odor Exit dot Com order it there, It'll be delivered very quickly, maybe even overnight at least they try to strive for that. Free shipping on orders over twenty five bucks, and on top of that, if you have an order over thirty five, they'll throw in a free sixteen ounce bottle of the odor Exit Magic, which is what I keep in my glove box to get rid of food odors. I love Indian food. Someone commented, he goes you can, You're gonna lose your Indian and type food sponsors.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: I buy Indian food and Tie food all the time. I just don't want that smell of linger in my car pizza. Same thing, you want your car smell like a pizza. No outer Exit Magic for that one. Anyway, they have a product to get rid of what you got. It's one hundredercent satisfaction guaranteed. Order online or buy it locally. There's mentioned on the website O d O r x I t O e Odor exit dot com.