Speaker 1: It's time for coffee and company, fueled by Thornton's on Sports Talk seven nine day. Now, here's nit coffee, all.
Speaker 2: Right, let's get it start at the five o'clock hour here on a Wednesday afternoon or is it evening? It looks like evening. I know it's dark outside when I leave here now, which is it? Took a little took a little while to get used to that. On Monday, I left early so it wasn't dark yet. And then when I walked out yesterday, I was like, Okay, wow, is it ten o'clock at night? But no, that's just that's what happens, you know, when you get to this time of the year. And I know a lot of people hate it. I don't mind it really at all, to be honest with you, but I do understand, Hey, there's certain certain times of the year. There's really just certain things that can impact somebody's right. Seasonal depression is a real thing. I don't know if it actually goes as far as and I'm sure it does with some but like, depression is a word, and depressed is used lightly, sometimes even in like a joking way, when it probably really shouldn't be. But anyways, it's five o'clock on a I mean, can I still say afternoon? I guess I can.
Speaker 3: It's time of year, I mean you can, but I think this time of year it would be acceptable to say it's it's the evening, like you mentioned.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like like right now it's not dark, but it will be and probably you know, it's kind of getting dark and it gluw me outside. It doesn't doesn't help by the.
Speaker 3: Time we get to what is it, December twenty first, is the shortest day of the year. It will be dark by like four thirty five o'clock.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I don't know. I feel like if it's dark outside and you say afternoon, like that's just wrong. But the time itself to say evening, it seems too early. And anytime I get myself twisted up here wondering what would make the most sense, it's actually a reminder that it really doesn't matter, becase, because wherever you're listening, it probably doesn't matter to you because you probably know what the conditions are outside. If you're a podcast listener, you could be listening to this on Saturday morning as we speak live right now on a Wednesday at five o'clock. So anyways, it's our third hour. We got one more to go. We're gonna finish strong. Here again, Coffee and Company feel by Thornton's here on Sports Talk seven to ninety the company man, mister John all on alongside today. My name is Nick Coffee. I hope you knew that. If not, now you do. And I've got something that you need to know that. I wouldn't be shocked if you were not aware of this. The sex that you probably love and enjoy. I mean, sex is pretty universally loved, right. I'm sure there's some that like it more than others, but overall, I'd say since the beginning of time, sex is pretty popular. It's something people like doing. What if I told you it could be even better? It can. That's where blue Chew comes in. Blue Choo is a unique online service that delivers the same active ingredients as viagra and sialis, but in chewable tablets and add a fraction of the cost. I mean, they're gonna be a lot cheaper. It's gonna it's gonna it's gonna get the job done for you. And it's not just for people who need it, right, It's not like, hey, if I don't have Bluetooth, then there's no way I would be able to to, you know, do the deed. But what Bluechoo can do is it's performance enhancing. It makes it even better. Again, we're taking something that is already pretty great or really great and in making it even better. So again, it's an online prescription, so you don't have to go to the doctor. There's no awkward conversations, no waiting in line at the pharmacy. It ships directly to your door in a discrete package. And again, if you're somebody that doesn't like swallowing pills, no issue. I mean, this is a chewable tablet and they are actually delicious. They're made right here in the USA, and they they've made a real impact here over the last few years, which is why they're getting more and more popular. Right, It's it's not just something that people are thinking that they need in order to to, you know, get the job done. It's it's more so, hey, let's let's have a better experience. In fact, I'm sure there are many women out there that are reminded their partner, hey, make sure you know you keep a stash or the blue Choo we need them, so if you haven't tried them, now's your chance. Because there's a specialty for our listeners. You can try bluetoo free when you use the promo code Nick seven ninety at check out. Just pay five dollars shipping. Again, that's bluetoo dot com Nick seven ninety. You'll get your first month free. All you got to do is pay the five bucks chipping. So blue Choo, I'm telling you give it a shot, Chew it and do it. Nick seven nineties. The promo code bluetoo dot com is the website, all right. So we have not spent much time at all talking about the election results, just because you know, that's not really what this is. But I'll share with you guys what I shared at the beginning of the show. I was well aware that I had no clue, I mean, I had no clue, no feel for how it was going to play out, and I knew that regardless of what happens, I can't control it. So I was more so following along more than I ever have under any other presidential election, just because I was interested. It was fascinating for me to just sit back and observe those that were very very strong on one side or the other, and each side I feel like had a lot of confidence, and clearly one was very much correct and the other was very much wrong. And to kind of see it play out late in the evening and following along on social media, I was going back and forth between both Fox and CNN just to kind of I to me, it was entertaining, to be honest with you. I mean, it's an important thing, right who the president is, but I was just it was a fascinating thing for me to see that going into it. And this is probably a small percentage of you know, the amount of people who actually voted, but those that are that are really loud about their beliefs and opinions, those that you know, kind of make it their whole personality at times, regardless if it was on one side or the other. Those were the people that I felt like were very confident. They didn't think there was a scenario that their side wouldn't win. And again, obviously they were wrong. If you were somebody that thought it would be Kamala Harris and I've heard a lot of different reactions today that I feel like really kind of hit home as to why it happened, and it's probably because we need the reminder that those that are the loudest, those that are using any platform, they can Facebook, Twitter, whatever they matter. Right, that's a person, that's somebody who can vote. But it's just one person. Now again, there's way more than just one. But I'm saying the vast majority is not vocal. You don't know in any given moment, like you can't check the pulse of the United States of America and get a good feel on which way it truly is going to play out. And I think the quiet folks, that those who aren't real you know, opinionated, or at least you don't hear. I mean, their vote showed sort of where they stand. And I was really surprised to see that the whole campaign from the Democratic side, at least from what I can could gather. I shouldn't say the whole campaign, but a real big emphasis. And I can't even say they're wrong for doing it, but I think there should have been a little more substance to their plan and all that kind of stuff. And how look, Americans aren't happy with where the country is. And when you're asked, would you do anything differently? And you say not at all, and then you don't have any real you can't really give a pitch as to how things are going to get better. Like that puts it in the hands of people who are voting based off of how they are. Like people care about themselves, not because they're selfish, but because they're looking out for their own livelihood. They want to they want to vote somebody in who is going to be best for them. You know, that's what it's about for a lot of people. But I think the biggest I guess sales pitch from the left side of this was, well, how could you vote for this guy? He's a real ahole. Look at him, I mean, listen to him, and you know, Trump is clearly a guy who's not nearly as presidential as anybody else that's been in the position. And he would even tell you that that's not an insult, he's just he's different than most of the people who've been in that position. But you know, that wasn't going to be enough for people to say, Okay, all right, oh this guy's terrible. Okay, Like you can't feel like here's what I'm sure some people have issued with, but it's just the reality a lot of people don't care about his morals because they know they're not perfect either, right. They know that there's probably others that have not had things play out the way that Trump has, and I'm sure there are people that have have had nowhere near the baggage that he's had over the years. But my point is, like, I think what they weaponized against Trump, which is a real issue that clearly a lot of people had a problem with, and maybe that's why they'd never vote for him, right, But also others aren't as caught up in that. I mean, they're caught up in the economy and how their life can be potentially better off because this person that's leading the country is going to do things that impacts them positively. So I I'm sure there are people that are really happy today taking victory lapse. Trust me, I know there's many people doing that. I'm sure there are some that are stunned and still can't believe it and don't want to accept it. But it's over. And who am I to give anybody any advice on how to deal with the results of an election, because I'm not qualified or fit to do it. But this is just general advice that I've been given that I was given long long ago that I still to this day try to or I need to remind myself of And sometimes it's easier said than done. But if you have no control over it, why let it consume any of your energy, any of your time. Like if you have no control again, sometimes it's not easy to just you know, accept it and move on. But like, the better ability you have to do that, the better your life will be as far as happiness, I think, because you won't spend a bunch of time wasted just you know, stressing out and worrying about things that you cannot get like that there's no possibility you can control it. Again, that's easier said than done with certain things. But like as much as we know that the presidential election is a big deal and who is the president is important, this point, it is what it is like, you can't change it.
Speaker 3: So you know what's great now about this time of year, Nick, Now that we've fully moved on, or at least we have to this point from the election. Whether you like it what happened or not, it's basketball season and people around here Louisville and Kentucky can get fully engrossed in that, and if you're upset about the election, don't even worry about it anymore. It's basketball season.
Speaker 2: Well said. And it's not just an obvious distraction because we love hoops around here, but it's a new era for both sides. Yea, and that adds even more excitement, I think so, well said John. All Right, let's get to the college football playoff rankings. We discussed this earlier in the show, and also we had a good chat with Zach Barnetta FootballScoop dot Com, and I didn't have any real big complaint with the way like the top twelve was put together. I think there's one team that I think has the biggest gripe, and that's BYU. But also they're in a position to where, you know, just like Indiana, they keep winning, they're in total control, right they haven't. They haven't slipped up yet. I think the one team that I don't quite think that they belong where they belong, Penn State is probably tied with I don't know BYU. I'm saying not BYU, but Boise Is Boise I feel like is getting a and I will say this will I will stand corrected. I mentioned that the best thing on the resume for Boise is their loss to Oregon, which I still think is true because yes, they beat Washington State, who's ranked twenty first. But I feel like if their best win was Washington State and their loss wasn't to Oregon it was to Penn State, they wouldn't be sitting at number twelve. Like they're getting a benefit from the only loss they have being against a team that the committee says is the best team in the country. So there were some other teams that I didn't understand the ranking because it just but but they're teams that are outside like the top fifteen to where it really doesn't matter. Like I'm happy they're there because it makes Louisill look good, But there's really no justification for Clemson being ranked at all. Clemson's played two teams that are like not I mean, two teams that have a pulse essentially, and they've lost to both of them and it really wasn't close. The other wins they have are against teams that, you know, I don't think anybody's impressed with. I think their best win is Virginia, which again I think that says a lot Missouri. I mean again, they're twenty four, so I can't say that it's like something we got to be worried about, but Missouri getting there is because they're in the SEC. I mean it has to be right, Like Missouri is a two loss team in the SEC, and I feel like whoever's on the committee would be in fear for being arrested after they left their meeting because they didn't rank a two loss SEC team in the top twenty five. I mean, that's the only reason Missouri against power four schools. They got a six point win over Boston College, who stinks they needed OT to beat Vanderbilt, who's not ranked? Are they ranked at Wait a second, that I missed that. Who'd you say? Bandy's not ranked right now? Vandi's not ranked. They shouldn't be, but I was just making sure I didn't. I was just looking at the graphic of the of the top twenty five and I thought I saw their logo. So again, they have a six point went over Boston College, they beat Vandy and OT. They lost by thirty one points to A and M, and they needed a comeback to beat a bad Auburn team who just won their first SEC game A couple of weeks ago and they got shut out, lost thirty four to nothing to Alabama. You could make a case Missouri doesn't belong in the top fifty, let alone the top twenty four. Like again, it doesn't matter because it's twenty four, not fourteen or you know higher, but that you can't make any sense of that at all. I mean, it's one thing to say, well, yeah, like Louisville on Like, Louisville has three losses, good teams, which is why Actually, let me back at it. If Louisville wasn't competitive and only lost each of those three games to Notre Dame, SMU and Miami by one score, they're not in the They're not they're not even considered. But you know, the resume if you really look at it, Yeah, there's three losses, but their quality loss is not only because of who they were against, but how you played. You're gonna give Missouri credit for losing by thirty plus points to A and M and Alabama, Like makes no sense at all. Another thing that stood out to me is Boise. You know again, I think they're getting love from the from from and a reason I'm bringing up bois again, it's because it's actually like there's there was some people claiming that Boise should be getting, you know, more love than they are. I saw some people saying that I'm getting a Notre Dame. Well, this is I'm taking I'm re routing here to get back to Notre Dame because Notre Dame is an interesting team at number ten because they have a glaringly bad loss. In fact, couldn't you the case that there's nobody in the top twenty five that has a loss as bad as Notre Dame. I mean, I can't imagine there would be, because I don't even know of any. Like again, there's some teams with losses that are like head scratchers, like Bama losing to Vandy is still a head scratcher. But Notre Dame has the worst loss. But you know what else they have. They have two wins against ranked teams. In fact, let's see do they have because they beat Louisville, who's twenty second. They beat A and M who's number fourteen. So like, if you're like, that's what it was Boise was. I saw somebody making the case that Boise should be ahead of Notre Dame because the loss was better, which is true Notre Dame's one losses to Northern Illinois Boise's one losses to number one Oregan, So then you just have to decide, Okay, quality of loss credit to Boise. But Boise's best win is Washington State, whereas Notre Dame has two wins better than that. So that really is just that's honestly a reminder that when it comes to the like, there's no scenario they do this where everybody says, Okay, they got each each, they got all twenty five spots, right, That's just not possible. So as much as I give them crap and I think they deserve it for some of the things that they some of some of the decisions they make, I mean, they're not going to be perfect. A SIMU is also a team that I feel like you could you could argue that they deserve to be higher than they are. I mean, they're sitting right outside, which you know, of of the top twelve, they're at thirteen. Their one loss came against a BYU team who nobody's beat, and they lost to them in a very close game. And they have wins against pet who they killed, who's ranked eighteenth. They beat Louisville at Louisville, and I feel like, do they have They haven't played Clemon, they don't play Clemson. So anyways, I learned last night. I guess more than anything, I was reminded that I really am in Like I think, like the weekly check ins at the end of the day don't matter because it's all going to play itself out. You're going to get the final rankings when it actually matters. But I actually enjoy the weekly updates and the resume comparisons that go on. It reminds me a lot of bracketology in college basketball. So on the Louisville side, they came in at number twenty two, again, the only three loss team in the top twenty five. And I mentioned this throughout the show. I'll mentioned it once more for those just now joining us in the five o'clock hour. Louisville had three losses, way earlier than anybody would have expected. Some didn't expect them to have three losses all year, but now we know, Hey, those were losses that you still hate, but it's to good teams and you were competitive and you're getting you've been given credit for that. So the win against Boston College I think sparked this team to go to Clemson beat them for the first time ever. And now if they went out, easier said than done. But if they went out and we now know they can, like it's not I mean, in fact, every game the rest of the way, you should say the expectation is to win. You go at Stanford, who's not good. You play pitt at home, and then you play Kentucky, who, Yeah, they've got a great streak going against you, but they're terrible right now. Not saying they're going to go undefeated the rest of the way, but they certainly should at least that's how I feel right now. So if you end up winning out, you're nine and three, and that would mean that you're staying in the top twenty five rankings of the playoff, the top twenty five of the playoff rankings all year. So you win a bowl game, you get to ten and three to finish the year, you will be you'll have back to back double digit win seasons for the second time in program history, and you will be able to say that every time there's been an active college football Playoff rankings out there, you've been ranked under bram Like that would be you'd be able to say two years in, man, this thing's going really well. You've got momentum, and that's where you that's what you want, right, So it really it's you know, if they crap the bed when they come off the bio week, that'll be a real punch to the gut. But there's frustrating seeing them lose out on those big opportunities earlier this year. But all along, I think what made it so frustrating is actually felt like they were good and that, you know, despite the losses. You got to look in the mirror. You lost the game, but like I still felt like they should you know, they should be a lot better. And now they're playing better, and hey, it's better to I think it's much better to finish strong than the other way around. We learned that the opposite way last year, right, I mean, great start and then really a terrible finish if you think about it. All right, quick break, we'll come back on the other side. Keep this thing rolling along. We'll talk some Louis of basketball on the other side. Because if you were not with us in the four o'clock hour, I may have put my foot in my mouth, but I don't care. If it's being honest with you, I think a louisvill beats Tennessee because if you just look at each team from a personnel standpoint, I mean, I know they're ranked number twelve in the country, but it's because of previous seasons and Rick Barnes. Louisville I think has a better roster, and I think objectively, if you really considered it, I think a lot of people would agree. I quick break, don't go anywhere, keep it locked right here on Sports Talk seven ninety. That's right, Coffee and Company rolling along here on a Well. It was gloomy outside earlier, maybe dark outside now it's five thirty. But man, it's been weird how the last few days it's looked like fall, but it's it's actually been hot.
Speaker 3: Like I think this is one of the warmest early Novembers.
Speaker 2: We've ever had. Yeah, I think we'll. I think we're supposed to get some cooler temperatures in the coming days, and you know, I just honestly, I just want some consistency because I committed to pants. All Right, you got cold enough at one point I committed to pants, put the shorts up. And now I'm wearing pants and on certain days I'm thinking, you know what, I should have put shorts on. It's warm outside.
Speaker 3: I mean I thought you took the pants off during the Clemson game.
Speaker 2: Well, uh, yeah, I don't wear I don't wear anything during games, nothing at all, And I don't. And you know there's reason I don't turn the webcam on during the postgame show either. I don't want sense. I don't want to traumatize you, but I do, yeah, butt naked, especially after a win like Clemson. I mean, I mean, it is the sex dungeon down there, that's right, that's right. So people don't assume I have a real sex done, which if I did, I wouldn't tell you anyway. But I was putting up panels on the wall in my home studio in the basement, and it was like I ended up painting them and they look a lot better now. But it's like a wet black like just a bunch of tiles on the wall, and it was dark, there was no light, and I popped on the webcam one time and John was like, it looks like a sex dungeon. And that's what we've always referred to it as. So just so you know though, because I'm sure you're curious. No, no sex goes on down there's strictly business when it comes to the studios with pleasure, exactly, exactly, all right. So I've been monitoring my phone here just to see if I get a and it's not like I'm expecting a call or I'm going to be distracted, but I guess I am kind of distracted. So I'm sure I've talked about it once before on the show, but if you follow me on social media, you've probably seen it once or twice. My daughter has a baby doll that is the most realistic doll I've ever seen in my life, more realistic than any Mann Cain I've ever seen, more realistic than like a wax figure. I mean, it's insane how this looks like. I mean, you've got to touch it to feel like you know for sure it's not real, Like that's how real it looks. And it's been kind of funny at times because you know, like we leave it on the beach when we go out in the water, and it's just a baby that looks real to people laying face down in the sand, and you know, every now and then we got to run up and tell people, hey, like, it's not real, it's fake. I'll be carrying it in because she left it in the car and she's inside and she wants it, and I'll go out and get it. You know, it's not real, so I'm not really thinking, but I'll just pick it up and hold it by its head, and people from afar like, oh my god, what's this guy lunatic doing with a baby, And then you know, I show him like I can't tell you it like clockwork. If I have this thing in a stroller because I'm helping my daughter with it or I'm holding it, or she's holding it, people will stare because again she's I mean, she's especially needs child who doesn't have a whole lot of I mean, she doesn't hold a lot of infants like her dolls. So people, you know, probably think it's real and they look, oh god, this girl, this little girl's about to drop this baby. So it's not annoying, but it's kind of lost. It's it's kind of lost. Its h you know, I'm now no longer surprised. I don't think it's funny when people are shocked. But we may have something that you know, I'll just tell you what's happened. And so my daughter left it over the weekend at a family member's house. She went up to see her her step grandparents, and she left it there. Well, she hasn't even noticed that she doesn't have it yet, which is good for us.
Speaker 1: But my.
Speaker 2: Wife's I guess my in laws step in laws. They're supposed to bring it and drop it off at my wife's work while she's working, so we have it and they said they dropped it off, but it wasn't there, so we're worried that her grandpa put it in the wrong car. And imagine getting in your vehicle and seeing a baby that you don't mean it first glanced. Your gonna think it's real that somebody leave their baby in my car. It's not making any sound. It may be face down because you know it's a doll. But like, we don't know where he might have left it. And it's probably been figured out since then. But right before the show today, I was talking to my wife and she was explaining that it was dropped off, but she can't she can't find it. And I'm sitting here thinking like, oh, there's gonna be somebody that works with you that's gonna walk out to their car and they're gonna call nine on one. They're going to lose their mind. And they may not if they may be so scared they they don't get close enough or touch it to see if it's real. But it sounds like the crisis is. But imagine that, Like you can't make that up. Like imagine going out to your car and just same routine, unlocking it, getting in and then looking to the right in the driver or in the passenger side seat, or looking behind you and realizing, oh my god, there's a baby and it's scared the crap out of you. I'd say most wouldn't realize it's not real, and then they would wonder who's playing a joke? I mean, why is a baby doll, you know, in the back of my car. But it sounds like they got it figure it out. But I was worried that, like my wife was gonna up hitting me up later this afternoon, like, hey, none one one came to work, real big crisis. It was all over the doll. But like somebody said this to me, and it's always stuck with me because I think they're right. And I thought today was gonna be the day that thing is so real and she takes it everywhere she goes. There's gonna be some level of like incident to where people take action before realizing it's not real, and like like if we leave it in the car, which sometimes we do, right, somebody's gonna break our window thinking that there's a real like baby left in a vehicle, which is obviously a big no nose. So anyways, and for those wondering where she got it, because we've had people ask it's just an Amazon purchase. It wasn't that expensive. And I've seen, you know, I have a she's an eight year old, so she's had many dolls over the years. This one it's not special in regards to like price, but it looks so real compared to any other doll I've ever seen. It's it's amazing. And I've got pictures of it on my Twitter, on Facebook and whatnot. And if you're if you don't believe me that it looks that real and you think I'm I'm I'm be an extra, go to my social media pages and you'll find it and you'll, I think you'd agree that it is creepy. How real it looks all right. So earlier within the show, I was talking about Louisville's big game, of course, coming up on Saturday against Tennessee wide out noon, hoping to see a big crowd there. I think the lower Bowl is going to be full, and I think the upper level will have people there, but you know, probably not full. But here's the reality. We all want big turnouts, big crowds, but in order for Louisville to have a really good atmosphere to where you truly feel like you've got a rocking environment, where home court advantage is real, is real, valuable, I think all you really need is the Lower Bowl to be full and be into the game. And if this team plays the way they play they played up to this point, you're not gonna win every game you play. But that's a style and an effort level that fans will be on their seats for and they'll be loud like those that are there, they're going to be rowdy rooting this team on. And again, if you've got the lower Bowl full, that's really all you need for atmosphere. Now again, you want the upper level to have a lot of seats filled, and I just it's tough to know if that's gonna happen this year, and if it was gonna happen, I would say would probably before a game like this one, given the fact that it's against the number twelve team in the country. But I'm excited for Saturday. But my excitement is now not just because of the opportunity, because of the you know, the big game that you have welcoming in a top fifteen team in Pat Kelcey's second career game as your coach. I'm now confident also because I think loisvel is better and like this may be the first time that I learned the hard way that I need to be a little bit more measured in my expectations and belief right. Like, I'm all in on Pat Kelsey and this team. Not to say that I think they're going to go, you know, to the Final four or anything like that, but how can you not be impressed with what you've seen so far. So until I did a little bit of a deep dive into Tennessee and their personnel, I mean, I was expecting Little to compete all along, and I knew that they could win, but I was probably in the mindset of, like, hey, they'll probably lose a close game here because Tennessee's really good. But if they look good, then you'll feel, you know, you'll feel encouraged the rest of the way because man, they played a really good team that close, and hey, maybe if they make some more free throws or this goes that way vice versa, then maybe you win. Like that's kind of where I was until I looked at Tennessee. And maybe I'm wrong. It's tough to know how good anybody truly is right now, but Tennessee, I think they're the best example of a team right now that is ranked where they are all based off of what they did a year ago. I mean, like nearly all of it. I mean, Rick Barnes has proven to be a really good coach. I think he will be a Hall of Famer. Last year they made an Elite eight, but that took Dalton Connect, a guy who probably wins National Player of the Year every other year unless Zachi ed came back to school. So you know, maybe I'm wrong and they're a really good team. But let me just give you a little bit about their personnel here. I mean, they're bringing back Zachai Ziggler, who is probably their best player and look, somebody called me out on it earlier. Maybe you're right, Like, maybe I didn't give him enough credit when I was mentioning that he's, you know, just some average player. He's been a good player for Tennessee, an impactful guy that his stat line, his points, I should say, really doesn't speak to his true value out there. He's a really good defensive player. He averaged about seven assists a game last year, and he's back and he's good. But I think you could say the same thing about Chucky Hepburn. Chuckie Hepburn. He doesn't have to score a lot to have an impact in the game. And I'm not saying which one's better than the other because it's tough to say. And I would imagine that a lot of people probably would say that Ziggler's better, like I wouldn't. I wouldn't be shocked. But that's just one guy. I mean, outside of Ziggler, you know, there are other guards. They've got Jordan Gainey, who transferred in from I think Charlotte was a fine player there but didn't really do a whole lot after that. They've got another guy who averaged four points a game last year. That's returned, So they did hit the portal and they got a couple of good players. And one of the names I didn't mention is because he's not in the box score or he's not played for him, and he was somebody that I guess was expected to have a pretty big jump. So again I'm gonna lay out why I think Tennessee could eventually be pretty mid this year. And it wouldn't shock me one if zigglers their best player, I'd say that there's going to be a pretty big fall from being an Elite eight team with Dalton connect and then you know, Ziggler being your best guy, you may not even be a tournament team. And that doesn't speak to him. It's just that you know he's not that good of a player, just like if you put Chucky Hepburn on certain teams, he might be impactful, but are they going to be good? Who knows. So the two transfers they brought, and one is Chas Lanier who transferred from North Florida who plays in the lowest one of the lowest leagues in Division one, and he was good last year, but he played three years at North Florida prior and never have more than four points a game. He had a breakthrough year last year, and maybe he got a lot better and was a late bloomer. But you know, maybe he's a guy that is, you know, solid at best at a place like Tennessee in the SEC. You know, I know his numbers are better than I guess you could say Koran Johnson, but Corran Johnson came off the bench for a PAC twelve team, Like I think, you know, most people, if you're taking one of those two guys, would probably take Koran. But if not him, then maybe they would take Arrence Edwards, who again was Sun Belt Player of the Year. Chas Laneyard again good player, but like Louisville's collection of good players at the in the back court, especially like I would I think that the Edges to Louisville, not not not Tennessee. And they brought in a big who transferred in from I think it's from Charlotte, Yeah, Millichick, and he was a fine player there, had a bunch of double doubles averaged about twelve and eight. And even if he's the same guy as he was at show Carlotte, like I don't know, if like that, this is a team that might end up being a top twenty five team when it's all said and done. But I think having them at number twelve is strictly because you're just slotting them similar to where they were a year ago. And you do respect Rick Barnes, which I totally understand. He's a good coach, But I think Louisville, when you look at their you know, I don't think anybody's got an All American caliber player on the team. I don't think anybody's got a surefire NBA guy on their team. So with that said, I think Louisll's got a better collection of players, and I would take them. Like I'm sure there's some of this that's coming from me being a LOUISLL fan. I'm trying my best to be objective, but I feel like you could break down the rosters objectively or get people who are truly objective, and you could. I don't think it would really be much of a conversation. I think you'd say, yeah, take Louisvill's team over theirs. Now, they do have one guy who I didn't mention earlier because again, he didn't play in their last two exit and he played briefly, and he could play like five minutes against India and then he ended up he ended up not playing in their game against Gardner Web the other night. He transferred from Hofstra trying to trying to figure out his name. And it may not be important because it sounds like he's not playing. He's dealing with some kind of a personal issue. And Rick Barnes said yesterday that it's his time, meaning like he'll be back when he's ready to be back. So again, like, I mean, maybe this guy is ready to be back on Saturday, and man Louisville learns who he is really quickly, Like maybe that happens. I don't know, none of us really know what's gonna happen, but like that's not something that's gonna scare me to where I feel like, oh, okay, well Louisville, you know they play competitively and they keep it close. That'll still be a positive, like and I guess it probably still can be. But I'm just gonna be honest with you. That's what I'm supposed to do, right, that's the job. Tell you what I think, share opinions. It's a talk show. I'm not worried about Tennessee. They could beat Louisville. But like, I don't look at them and think, man, it's gonna be really, really difficult. And I could be totally wrong. I just happened to you know, you know, I just don't. I don't see how you could make the case that they're the twelfth best team in the country. And again, here's what nobody says out loud. It's impossible to know how good any team is in college basketball before the season starts, let alone. Now with the portal being what it is, all right, let's talk about Jeffersonnimal Hospital. That is who you need to turn to when it comes to keeping your pets healthy. Maybe you haven't had your pet, your dog or cat, to get a check up in a long long time, and you just don't really think about it because you know they seem fine to you and you may be right, or they could have something going on that you want to get a hold of it pretty early, right, If it's something that they can be treated, you'd rather find out early rather than later when maybe it's a little too late. So I don't mean to put fear into you, but you know, pets are family members, right, You want to keep them healthy. You want to keep them safe. So if you don't have them regularly getting check ups, getting you know, shots and that kind of stuff, you need to have it done. And you need to do it with Jefferson Animal Hospital. Why because of the best They've been around for forty four years. They've been opened since nineteen eighty twenty four hours a day, three hundred and sixty five days a year. You don't stick around that long unless you're doing good business taking care of people's pets, and that's exactly what they do. So keep them in mind. BABO two nine hundred pets is the number. If you want to give them a call. You can also text in BABO two sixty five three, or you can also check out their website at Jefferson Betts dot com. You can text the text line if you'd like, and then I can I can points you in that direction. Once I just get to rambling off phone numbers, it gets confusing, But anyway, shout out to Jefferson anim the Hospital quick break. We'll come back on the other side. Wrap this thing up. On Sports Talk seven ninety This text came in earlier and it's it's it's a good question. I think it's I mean, we'll see, But the question is Nick, when you say Rick Barnes is the type of coach who also has proven to be really good at dictating pace, that could be an issue for Louisvilleyeah. I mean, look, if Louisville is not able to utilize their strengths, which is, you know, spreading it out a lot of possessions throughout an entire game and getting good rhythmic three point shots from a team you know from you know, the majority of the guys that are going to play, they have the green light. So if you know, maybe that I mean, I think you're you're onto something as far as that being a real critical part of the game that whoever can can get it played more so at their pace would have the best likelihood of winning. And that's true. But I still think that just from I mean, even if the game wasn't played at you know, a track meet pace with a ton of possessions and a ton of good threes from Louisville, which is what they want, I still think they have the personnel to where they can win. But clearly they're going to be They're going to be at their best with the highest ceiling. If they're playing the way Pat Kelsey wants to play, because that's how he built this roster. All right, fellas sex, we love it? Right, it's great. What if I told you it could be even better? It can. You can take something that that you you thought is the best thing ever and then like no, it gets even better. That's where blue Choo can come in to help you. Bluehoo dot Com, that's where you need to go because they've got a way to enhance the sex experience in a way that you may not have even known was possible. It's a unique online service that delivers the same active ingredients is viagrant ciallis, but in a chewable tablet that is delicious, and it's a fraction of the cost, and you don't have to worry about awkward conversations with your doctor or waiting in line at a pharmacy. It's going to be shipped right to your door in a discrete package. They're made right here in the USA, and they ship direct. And if you've never tried it and you're thinking, oh, come on, there's no way, well I'm telling you it works. And it's not about needing it, it's about wanting it. Because you know it's going to enhance the overall sexual experience. Your partner would probably agree. But it's only one way to find out, and you don't even have to pay for it, because that's what blue Choo's doing. They're hooking you up. You can get your first month free if you go to blue choo dot com and use the promo code Nick seven ninety again your first month free. All you got to do is pay five bucks shipping. So blue choo dot com promo code Nick seven ninety to receive your first month free. Just chew it and do it. Blue cheo. Good stuff. All right. You told me earlier that you are, and I'm speaking to John. He's with us still here. You've not yet bet on any college hoops, right, No.
Speaker 3: And kind of you're smart. I'm not to the thing I did with college truble. I mean, I'm not making picks this time and not betting them. That was a mistake for the early early game.
Speaker 2: You're just looking at the You're looking at the board realizing, yeah, nobody has so much.
Speaker 3: I mean, yeah, you can kind of bet maybe on the really heavy favorites that are maybe projected to win the national championship.
Speaker 2: That type of stuff.
Speaker 3: But it's just so hard to predict what's going to happen in so many of these games where you have, like, for example, Indiana's a twenty six and a half point favorite against siu E tonight. Will they cover? Maybe they should, but will they Who knows.
Speaker 2: I'll probably end up doing something. But like I'm looking here and I'm saying, Arkansas they get the Caliperry Era started tonight and they're fourteen and a half point favorites over Lipscomb. I'm thinking, well, surely they're gonna cover that. They're way better in Lipscomb's Lipscomb. But you know, it could be a backdoor cover because I know Arkansas has had some guys that are dealing with some injury. Same thing with with Lehigh. They are playing Georgetown, who's been terrible for a while, but maybe it cool he really breaks through in his second season. You know what I have learned to not do as much is I think because I know, hey, this team's pretty good, Like I'm familiar with them, that like they're gonna cover a big number when you know more often than not that hasn't worked out for me. And it's too early to really know who the teams are that you know have value that maybe the books don't realize. So I'm sure I'll get into something tonight even if I don't, you know, win money, I'm gonna bet on college basketball and consume it because college hoops season's here, and I love it so much. And I love all of you for sticking with us hanging out today, and I hope you come back tomorrow so we can do it again right here on Sports Talk seven ninety