Speaker 1: I'm a hurricane came across Florida and ended up in Cincinnati, New Richmond, Ohio. But this one's going to go out to the east and away we go. But there's crases in Florida, including Tony Benders, a winter retreat the Wolf's Layer somewhere near a mobile home park in Fort Myers, Florida. So we're going to see what happens with that. Also later on, as Congressman Greg Landsman, I'm sure a good friend of Adam Birds, state Representative from New Richmond and Adam Birds Date Rep. Welcome again to the Bill Cunningham Show, and first of all, Adam. Yesterday I had on Frank L. Rosa and he talked about the thirteen thousand, seven hundred and eighty seven words thirteen thousand words of proposition one. He then talked about the capsuling of that to about seven to eight hundred words. I'd point out to you, as a great American, that the US Constitution itself plus all the amendments are seventy five hundred words, So this thing is twice the size of the US Constitution plus all the amendments. Can you tell the American people, Adam Birds Date Rep. From New Richmond, the home of the French Street Cafe. What essentially is state Issue one? Tomorrow We're going to have on Rob Sanders to talk about a Kentucky difficulty. But what is the issue? If those are confused, what is State issue one? Proposition one? Tell the American people.
Speaker 2: Appreciate the opportunity to be on your show, Bill, and this is a really important change that Democrats are trying to make. And before I talk about what changes it makes, Bill, I think it's really important for your listeners to know who is paying for this, who wants this to happen. This is people from out of the state, the American Civil Liberties Union, the sixteen thirty Fund, George Soros, Hans, George Veet. These are the kinds of people who want to come and do Ohio or reach into Ohio and make these changes. And opposing this would be Donald Trump and Mike Dwaine. These guys don't agree on hardly anything, but they agree on opposing Issue one. And so.
Speaker 1: That's a great point because Mike Dewan, who I like personally quite a bit, his wife friand paid off the cherry pipe that he lost for her. He's a good man, and when it comes to Haiti, or when it comes to a Springfield, Ohio, or it comes to many issues, He's on one side of the fence and the Trumpster Donald is on the other. But this issue brought and vote together against it, which tells American people.
Speaker 3: How to vote. So explain what it was. Explained.
Speaker 1: Also yesterday, Frank Lerosa said that six million dollars is coming into Ohio from Switzerland in order to change voting in Ohio but not voting in New York, New Jersey or California. Explain the essence of what proposition one does.
Speaker 2: Sure, So, what it does is that in twenty and fifteen and in twenty and eighteen, Ohio has overwhelmingly approved safeguards to the constitution that would require that mass be drawn compact and that they keep communities of interest together, keeps you from breaking up townships, keep you from breaking up villages and cities. But this seeks to overturn all of that built. This would allow an unelected group of bureaucrats, a deep state, if you will, to make the slice and dice your community of interest up for the sole purpose of getting a certain proportionality. Okay, and so I think that this would bring about about They want a proportionality of fifty six Republican fifty percent, fifty six percent Republican representation and forty four percent Democrat representation. So think about this bill. If there are sixty seven House members in the Ohio House right now, and the goal of Issue one is to bring that from sixty seven down to fifty six, you're going to have to get rid of eleven Republicans. Now, where can you do that at Well, you can only do that from places where there are a lot of Democrats. Where are a lot of Democrats, They're in the urban counties bill like Cincinnati, Columbus, Dayton, Toledo, an Afron in Cleveland. And so what's going to happen is, right now Hamilton County has two state reps or the Republicans, Bill Stitz and Cindy Abrams. You're going to lose those seats. You're going to lose representation Republican representation in urban counties in order for this Redistricting Commission to meet this fifty six percent for personality goal that's going to happen. That will be the offshoot of Issue one.
Speaker 1: Who votes for these individuals is that Tony Bender told me that if passed, there will be three so called retired judges, one of whom likely is not to be my wife. Judges will get together then decide who's on the commission.
Speaker 3: Is that correct, yes, sir?
Speaker 1: And so these three then will pick people of similar ilk who want to serve at literally no benefit to them whatsoever. Tends to be academics and lawyers. Those who have free time will sit around and ruminate about what needs to be done. So a community like Cincinnati, which has Republican and Democratic reps, they're going to take parts of s Cincinnati, hooked them up with a Warren County, parts of Cincinnati, hook them up with Butler County, parts of Cincinnati, hook them up with with with Claremont County, and then make sure that Democrats get elected or not Republicans, and the people will have no say. Do I have the capsule? What's gonna happen?
Speaker 2: You have it? Bill? And so remember that you talked about the four retired. They're they're going to pick five Republicans, five Democrats, and five so called independents. All right, now, remember that anybody who has ever run for any elected position, and their family and anybody who works for them cannot serve on this, anybody who's been appointed by the federal government. Okay, So this would keep people in the armed forces from serving. This would keep anybody who ever run for their their central committee, has ever run for mayor, has ever run for village council, has ever run for township trustee. None of these people and their family and their employees and anybody they've ever contracted with will be ineligible to serve. So you're going to have this group of people who have never served in any way in their life. It's going to be doing this and they cannot be sued, they cannot be communicated with, they cannot be advocated for a certain thing, and so they are going to be totally You can't remove them if they accept the bribe, if they've done anything illegal, they can't be touched. The results of this cannot be sued in front of the Ohio Supreme Court. Deale. So this is a perfect storm of bad news for good government in Ohio. And you notice that all of the Republicans are for it, all the Democrats, I'm sorry, all the Republicans are against it. All the Democrats are for it.
Speaker 1: It's called jerry mandering. If you go into the public and say is jerry mandering good or bad? I would think seventy five percent of people would say, well, jared mandering is bad. We don't want jerry mandering, which is concocting districts to fit one political party over another. And so this is coined as saying it eliminates jerry mandering. What just the opposite is true. It encourages are amandering because what it does is say to these unelected bureaucrats, you choose the district, and you choose how it's fifty six forty four, and how you get theirs up to you. So we've already this is an important point. Representative Adam Bird of New Richmond. We've already voted on this thing twice. Explain that two times we voted in Ohio to already set the standards that this that this would upheaval and change. Explain what we've already done.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, in twenty fifteen and in twenty and eighteen, we've already voted to protect and give stfeguards to this. All right. The commission that does this kind of work is comprised of two Republican House members I'm sorry, a House Republican and Democrat, a Senate Republican and Democrat. And three statewide officials, okay, the governor, the Secretary of State, and the Auditor of State. Now who picks those three positions? The people do, Okay. So if you take it out of the hands of elect people, and like I said, three of the members, the tie breaking members of this commission are elected by the people of Ohio, then you're going to have an unelected and unaccountable group of people that's going to be making this decision. Now, built in my way of thinking, that's called bureaucracy. That's a deep state, that's a fourth branch of government. And nobody should want another group of unelected bureaucrats making decisions because you can't touch them. We've got enough of those in the federal government, and so we don't want unelected deep state bureaucrats making decisions for us that we can't touch at the ballot box.
Speaker 1: So if liberal Democrats can't win elections, let's change the rules and take away the voice of the people. So right now, there's seven members of the Apportionment Board. There's a Democrat Republican from the House, Democrat Republican from the Senate.
Speaker 3: By the way, who votes for those? That is, the citizens of Ohio actually vote for those people.
Speaker 1: And then statewide offices, which is the author of the Secretary of State, and the who votes for them? Well, the people decide, we already have a system. And by the way, why won't the Swiss billionaires put this system in place in New Jersey, California, or New York.
Speaker 3: Why don't you do it there?
Speaker 2: Well, those are already Democrat states. They're sending a majority of Democrats to the US Congress, and they don't want a majority of the representation from Ohio being Republicans. They want to paint Ohio blue. And by definition, Bill, that's cherry mandering. When you seek to obtain a certain political outcome based on the mass that you draw, that's called jerry mandarin. And that's why when you look at the bouting language that you mentioned, Frank LeRose said there were thousands and thousands of words, and the very first point Bill, the very first point, when you read it, it uses the word jerry mander that this issue will require jerry mandarin. That's what it says. And so this is it is not fair to the Ohioan's Ohio voters. When Democrats say that this bill will stop jerry mandering, okay, it requires jerry mandering. And that's the definition of jerry mandering when you seek a certain political outcome from the.
Speaker 1: Mass that you draw well from unelected individuals. So the language and the ballot itself we vote on. I'm going to vote no, of course most normal Americans will. And the and the title of this act, it says this causes jerry mandering, and people are going to vote for that.
Speaker 2: That's that's exactly what it says. You have to jerry mander. I'm going to read it to you, bill. Here's what it says. It says the proposed amendment would repeal constitutional protections against jerry mandering that were approved by nearly three quarters of Ohio electors. That's what the when you when you pick your ballot up and you read it before voting, that's what it's going to say. The point number two says that it establishes a new you taxpayer funded commission of appointees required to jerry mander. How do you vote the ball language bille.
Speaker 3: How do you vote for? Even Tony Bender would vote against that you tell.
Speaker 1: I mean, how in the hell can you vote for that when the language of the ballot tells you exactly bend over and thank you sir? May I have another now? Secondly, we had the circus came into town. This is in exactly your district, but you're a small town kind of a guy. Springfield, Ohio. Bout three weeks ago, two weeks the biggest story in the country was Haitians barbecue and cats and dogs. Have you noticed the last few weeks there's no coverage at all of Springfield, Ohio anymore because the circus has moved on but left behind twenty thousand Haitians living in Clark County. And now even the Biden administration has said that when their temporary status ends in twenty twenty six, they have to go back home. So Joe Biden and Kamala Harris are saying, we've used this issue to our benefit to paint Donald Trump in the most negative light. Possible. Man out, when this is over, you're going back to porter a Prince. How many do you think the Haitians? And either what whichever candidate wins, either Kamala Harris or Donald Trump. I would maintain that way, if Kamala Harris is elected, she's going to extend temporary protective status parolees to the Haitians in Clark County.
Speaker 3: But Trump is not.
Speaker 1: But as we sit here this afternoon on Tuesday afternoon, both candidates are saying the status ends in twenty twenty six. Does anyone believe that twenty thousand Haitians, along with three hundred thousand others all over the country are going to say, Okay, I've been ordered out of the country. I'll go back to port A Prince. Is that ever going to happen?
Speaker 2: Not going to happen. Dylan, who in the right mind things that to Biden inherits administration? Even know who these people are? Where did they live? How would I find them? How would I collect them? How could I make sure that they are actually complying with the requirement to depart our country? They don't have any events. And you know it's not just in Springfield, Ohio. It's happening in small towns all across the Ohio that this federal government is putting these illegal immigrants into a country, waving a special magic wand over their head and declaring them to be legal. And it's a class of cultures and they're here's the other thing built think about this. We don't mind immigration. We want people from other countries that are smart, that are intelligent, that are educated, that are productive, that are going to do something good for our country. But when you bring them in mass here and they live together, there's no assimilate, assimilation built. They're not trying to become Americans. They don't want to learn our language, they don't want to learn a culture. And that's key to being an American is being willing to assimilate.
Speaker 1: Well, you get more money from the federal government under Biden of Harris if you're a Haitian than if you're a live in North Carolina or if you live in Georgia, and then we're going to penny pinch. But if you're a Haitian, billions of dollars come your way. We'll see what happens there. And the key to status you want in Ohio is read the ballot language. The first capsule in the beginning, it says it takes away the constitutional protections that we voted on in twenty fifteen and twenty eighteen and requires this unelected board to Jerry Mander Adam Burnham.
Speaker 3: I exactly correct about that.
Speaker 2: You're reading it right from the text, Willie, and you know that it says everything we need to know, and so you've got to watch out. They're using Republican style messaging on this to try to convince Trump voters that somehow they should be voting yes winning the exact opposite of that, you should be voting no if you're if you're if you're voting for Trump. And in fact, Bill, when you drive around Hamilton County Claramont County, you see a lot of Donald Trump's signs and vote No signs in the same yard together, because Ohioans are starting to learn that Trump is asking Ohioans for a no vote because we don't want to allow your Soros and hands short speeds to change the way we draw maps in Ohio. All of the money is coming from there. And you know, here's another little known fact. Of all of the money that's been raised on behalf of Issue one, less than one percent of it has come from actual Ohio citizen individuals, less than one percent.
Speaker 1: If you can't win at the ballot box, change the rules. And that's exactly what's happening. And I hope the American people, I think will become informed and vote no in Statusue one. Once again, Adam Bird, you're a great American. Thank you for coming on the Bill Cunningham Show. And Adam you're a great American.
Speaker 2: You are a great American too, Billy, I'm great. I'm thankful to be in the same conversation with you. Appreciate the opportunity to be on your show. And let's go vote for Bernie Marino too. I'm tired of Sharon Brown act in one way when he's in Ohio, acting like an all shot, kind of good nighborly moderate, and then when he goes to Washington, d C. He changes like a chameleon into a radical Chuck Schumer, Nancy Pelosi kind of radical democrat.
Speaker 1: You know, Shared Brown started in politics with Richard Nixon, and it's time to retire Shared Brown.
Speaker 3: That's quite a feat, all right. Once again, Adam Bird, thank you very much, thank you. Let's get it, let's continue with them more.
Speaker 1: Of course, Reds Baseball a big announcement Yesterday off but Sunday the Bengals are back out a Bengals at the Giants on a Sunday night game. They tried to flex it out and couldn't do it, And no team in the National Football League. It's a worse record than the Cincinnati Bengals. Write that down, Bill Cunningham, seven hundreds WULW.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile in the Reason, look out, Eddie and Rockie, there are three bears behind you.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, they're big fans of our show. Oh where are you all heading? We're helping them out with a squatter problem. There's some blond chick eating their portion and sleeping in their beds. What can you do to get her out? Two words, buddy, karaoke machine?
Speaker 1: Why MCA, it's fun to stay at Why.
Speaker 3: Eddie and Rocke give your day a fairy tale end This afternoon at three on seven hundred WLW, Men over forty five, do you have a frequent urgent