Speaker 1: It's Night Side with Dan Ray on WBS Boston's news radio.
Speaker 2: We're talking and we'll continue in this hour for however long you'd like. And there's some other topics we can get to, but we're talking about how quickly, how quickly all of the conversation about changing the tone of the twenty twenty the twenty twenty four presidential election, be it more dignified, emphasize our reasons as Americans that we celebrate. And now, all of a sudden, within two weeks, we have both the Democrats and the Republicans. Republicans in the name of Donald Trump and the Democrats just opening up all guns, I mean, leaving nothing on the table. Democrats are calling the Republicans weirdos. Donald Trump is talking and telling the Christians to vote film that. Ever after don't understand why we can't just get a campaign dealing with issues so that you can say, Okay, this is what this candidate believes, this is what that candidate believes. Now against that backdrop, we have our own senior Senator from Massachusetts, Elizabeth Warren, who has always done everything in her career by the book. I mean without doubt that Warren now is calling for a pathway to citizenship for the eleven million people or so who have come here illegally. They're called migrants. Some people think of them as illegal immigrants, but we'll use the term migrants, which is the term that is the polite, more polite term. And Warren, who herself has always done everything by the rules, she now somehow wants to give the eleven million who have come here illegally a priority of a pathway to citizenship. I would say, let's give how however, many million people are waiting legally around the world to come here by going to US consulates in their home country and have filled out the paperwork. Let's put all of them at the front of the line because they're doing it legally. But ironically, Elizabeth, who has never ever gilded the lily, never ever claimed to be something that she wasn't. She's always presented herself clearly directly who she is to the American public. Never never has she claimed any identity other than her true identity. Hit it rob.
Speaker 3: Like like, so as you can say, it's crazy.
Speaker 2: I mean, they're the ones who talk about word nation of laws and we got to do things right and all of that, which is wonderful in in conversation, but it's not so in practice. And if we're going to open up the floodgates here and we're not going to make these people's citizens before November, though, I think probably the Democrats would like that. We did this back in the late nineteen eighties with Ronald Reagan and Tip O'Neil. They basically there were about two million people in the country who were here illegally and they were given a pathway to citizenship, and both the Democrats and Republicans said, we'll never do it again, this is one last time. Well it didn't turn out. Let me go to Linus in reading Linus, thank you for waiting a little extra longer there. I appreciate it very much.
Speaker 4: Go right ahead, Yes, sir, Good evening, Good evening. I'm at a crossroad right now because Trump he's not a union man, and you know, Boston's a union city, and yet people like Michelle Woo, she's against building in the city. And my problem is is that, you know, some of the guys who I've had to work with before in the past, now recently, they can't even speak English on a union job. And and that's a real issue. For communication skills. You know, that's you have to be able to work with somebody when you're doing heavy construction.
Speaker 2: So yeah, there's some safety concerns there as well, I guess exactly.
Speaker 4: And and so now they only have to have a Social Security number. I don't know or I don't know how they're even getting into the union. So that, I mean, that's beside the point.
Speaker 2: But what what you are you with? Pipe fitters? Are you with? What do you union with?
Speaker 4: I missed that iron workers? Maybe maybe these guys are maybe these guys are citizens, but their English is still broken English, and so that's still you know, that's a major communication error. And and that's what worries me. And then Michelle, Oh, she's completely against building. So you know, it's tough to vote for Democrats when you know they're letting their like you said, open the fudgates, letting everybody in, yeah, trying to get job.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you got you got to make a decision as to you know, who you want to vote for. I mean, we have in Massachusetts, we're spending about a billion dollars a year on people who have come here illegally and who are now taking advantage of our generosity. There's an article that will be in the Boston Globe. I believe it's tomorrow. They posted it this afternoon, and essentially the headline says, at night, migrant families war to Boston streets as shelter system shuts them out. The problem is they just don't have enough room. And we have a reputation and of more and more folks have come here, and now even the Globe is saying, I mean, it's like inviting someone to your house to come to a party and you just don't have room for.
Speaker 4: The people, right exactly, and so and so now it's it's it's it's it comes to the point where there's not enough jobs for because you know work is going to slow down pretty soon in the city. You know things go in cycles. And I don't understand why we're inviting all these people in to work in our city when the people who have been here for generations, who have had good standards are on the bench, while other people who have just fought in a book and and and just gotten in and don't know the right way to do things.
Speaker 2: Well, if you if you jump to the head of the line, I mean.
Speaker 4: Well, exactly like you said, so you're right that that you know, the cream of the crowd is going to rise.
Speaker 2: So no, no, what I'm saying is that that if that if that if if we're in line to go to a restaurant, or we're in line to buy tickets to a ballgame or whatever, and you jump to the head of the line and all of a sudden they say, well, gee, you know, there's no room with the restaurant.
Speaker 5: You know.
Speaker 2: It's just it's it's not the way we're supposed to function in this country. I mean, in this country, this is supposed to be a place where you follow rules. Were we were, we were all brought up to be rules followers. And we got eleven million people in the country who not only are here, they know how to take advantage of the situation. I don't know why. I wish I had a good answer.
Speaker 4: And that's the problem, because you know, I've spent a lot of time and doing just parts of the state, you know, Broughton and up on the North Shore and reading, lived in Dorchester, lived out in Western mass I've lived all over the state. And it's just it's sad because people just you know, it might be my generation, you know, I'm a young guy. I'm twenty nine years old, and maybe that the problem is that everybody's getting pushed towards college and nobody actually wants to work in honest days living anymore.
Speaker 2: Well, and that what they're gonna do is they're gonna try to make guys like you who maybe didn't go to college but have worked hard for ten years out of high school, have developed a trade of craft and you're good at it, and you're gonna get squeezed because they're gonna say, well, you have to pay for the for the kid who who took loans because they were an art major or a sociology major and they have a couple of hundred thousand dollars worth of loans. How fair is that?
Speaker 4: Wait? Why should exactly?
Speaker 2: Well, so again, these are these are the things you got to consider. Line, is this your first time call on the show. I don't recall talking.
Speaker 4: With you before I called once.
Speaker 2: For we need to call more often because I think it's a voter like you who when you finally decide who you're going to vote for, I think you will end up voting for whoever wins this election. So i'd appreciate if you check in with us a little bit more frequently. Okay, thank you, Linus, Thank you very much for your call. That's a great call in my opinion.
Speaker 6: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Thanks Linus. We're gonna take a quick break and we got Mark and Derry and Tricia and Salem coming up. Now back to Dan Way live from the Window World to Night. Thanks studios on WBZ News Radio. All right, let me go next to Mark up in Derry, New Hampshire. Mark A, Mark, welcome.
Speaker 7: Okay, thank you. As an aside, real quickly, I recently saw a video clip from one of the uh leftist boxist anchors on MSNBC who stated, and no it was god Joy read, but it was someone else who stated that we should not be calling these folks migrants, not even illegal aliens, which is what they are, but we should be referring to them as newcomers.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, that's been around for a while, Mark, this, but that was about three months ago when all of a sudden I heard that they're newcomers. Yeah, it's always called it's Gnom Chomsky and the linguistics. So it's that's you know, that's it's euphemisms. It's euphemisms. They're illegal aliens. They're here illegally, okay. You know, a migrant always was the Caesar Chavez person who worked in the fields of California picking vegetables of fruit, who came in every year and left voluntarily every year they came in. They were migrant workers. What they were called newcomers. They make it sound like someone's moved into I know what town you live, Well, you're in Derry, New Hampshire. Someone who moved in bought a house in Derry, New Hampshire, and all of a sudden, the newcomer wagon arrived and you know, people showed up with chocolate chip cookies and a bottle of wine and some flowers. Welcome to the neighborhood, mark, how are you? What's your wife's name?
Speaker 7: So you referenced earlier Kamala Harris and twenty nineteen and she dropped out of the presidential race prior to the Iowa Caucasus because she barely, if I remember correctly, got one percent of the total Democratic vote.
Speaker 2: Well, there was no vote, it was it was all polling, and she was she was doing so badly in the polling that she never She was the first Democrat to announce and she was the first to drop out. I mean, Kelsey Gabbard lasted longer than she did.
Speaker 7: But but the point of what I was looking to make is that the only statement that she made that in my time of knowing who she is and what she represents, she was one hundred percent right because the presidential debate where it was an open Democratic primary, so the many Democrats, and she called out Joe Biden when he was first elected to the Senate in seventy two and the years subsequently after that that he summed around with all the southern white Democrat segregationalists, particularly Robert W. Burr, who was the Grand Puba of the KKK time. And she was one hundred percent right about that. And it was my understanding that.
Speaker 2: Also he hung around with a lot Sam Irwin and Herman Talmadge and a whole bunch of them.
Speaker 7: Herman Chalmadge exactly, and even staan Thurman was a Democrat back then, and he was a segregationist as well well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, a lot of people in the Democratic Party, you know, George Wallace, Lester maddox, Ov, farbas On, and on and on. And she went after him over uh his position on bussing and This was the famous quote where she talked about a little girl in California who who was on the bus and was was not busted to a better school, but but she was just simply bust into into her neighborhood and she wanted to get to a better school, and that he had opposed bussing, and Biden said, I didn't post bussing. I just wanted it to be handled by the states. Well, that's the same thing with the Republicans I was saying about abortion. They're saying, you know, we just wanted to be handled by the states. The amount of hypocrisy that is that influences both of these political parties of this point is overwhelming.
Speaker 7: I don't agree with you on that point. The Supreme Court ruled and they set it to the fifty states, which it should be. It's not mentioned in the Constitution, therefore it should be.
Speaker 2: The point that I'm making is that the point, if you understood what I was saying, Mark, the point I was making was that Biden now is criticizing the Supreme Court on abortion for sending it in the States, while he used it as a defense when she criticized his position when she was a little girl in Berkeley, California or the other.
Speaker 7: And the other thing too that he was quoted is I'm sure you know this. You think to know a lot about Biden's uh time in the Senate. In his early years, he made the comment, I don't want my children growing up in a jungle. That's what Joe Biden said.
Speaker 2: Yeah, He's made a lot of comments over the years, a lot of comments over the years which were tone deaf. I mean, he talked about how that, you know.
Speaker 8: Over in Delaware, you got to own a seven to eleven, you have to be an Indian, I mean have to be, you know, an Asian Indian.
Speaker 2: And yeah, he said.
Speaker 8: And he was the one who talked about President Obama then candidate Obama, and how that you know, he's a he's attractive, and he's cleaned, and he's a particular man.
Speaker 2: Yes, he was stunned that a black man, you know, could be articulate.
Speaker 7: Yeah. And the final the final point I want to make again real quickly, is that what I think what Donald Trump should pound and pound and pound on Kamala Harris, because this to me is just unquenscionable. But during the summer riots, after the death of Saint George Floyd in Minneapolis.
Speaker 2: You can just you can just say, George Floyd, you don't have to. You don't have to is the word Saint George Floyd. That's that's disrespectful opinion, that's disrespectful to him. He's he's he's no longer here to defend himself.
Speaker 7: Go ahead, well, well all right, all right? Then when Black Lives Matter burned down black uh businesses, they mooted, they even murdered people in one in cold blood, Kamala Harris was telling the American people that we should be uh financing anybody that got arrested.
Speaker 2: We should the bail the bail funds.
Speaker 7: Bail out murderers and rapists. And he's got the pounder over the head with that because and then she said they should not stop what they're doing, continue what they're doing. All right, there was mayhem all over this country.
Speaker 2: You know. I think that again. I think if if, if the Republicans were smart, they would stick with issues. But for for Donald Trump to be out there saying, as I played earlier, when you're Christians, vote for me, Christians, Like, what's that all about? Anyway? Martin? I appreciate your calling. Thank you for no doubt about it. Thank you, great night, good night, keep rolling here. Got a couple of lines at six one seven nine ten thirty and one line at six one seven two ten thirty. Going to go to Tricia in Salem, Massachusetts. Hey Tricia, how are you tonight? Welcome?
Speaker 9: Great thanks Dan, fabulous show, fabulous audience.
Speaker 2: Thanks.
Speaker 9: I didn't really want to call because I have three points I want to make. The last guy was fabulous. And the thing that about the open borders with Camilla Harris there, she has quite an agenda, quite a plastic straw. No, no gas cars and all that.
Speaker 5: Kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, those are all the reasons why those are all important issues.
Speaker 9: Important issues, yes, of course they are. And Trump is exact opposite of her. He wants to do away with that mandate about the electric cars. But anyways, with her and the open borders, that's what she wants, That's what the Democrats want. They're the John Terry, Bill Gates, al Gore people, climate change all over the world, and that's why they don't care that we have open borders, because they want the one world thing. And we can all eat some cockroaches for dinner. That's one thing. The other thing is that your man Sonuna up there in New Hampshire came out. I heard a quick thing on w b Z news where he defended Donald Trump and explained what the mouth of him is, you know, meant when he was saying no more voting after this election, and I like Sonunu saying that, which I wished, I wish I would have really known. But he explained what Donald meant, Ronald Trump meant, although it came across like crazy, you know, like there was going to be a dictatorship and he was going to be what.
Speaker 2: The point I'm trying to the point that I'm trying to make is when Trump engages in that sort of wild eyed rhetoric, which to the average perssion who is going to think that's insane? Why is why? Why is he saying to people, you know, Christians, I want you, he should want everyone to vote for him whatever there the demographic background and their religious background or the non religious background. That's how you get along.
Speaker 9: Yeah, well, you got to go over the news about a few hours ago. It was of five or six o'clock news and Snooka why I can't pronounce his name, I'm sure I'll.
Speaker 2: Read it in the newspapers tomorrow.
Speaker 9: I'm saying, yeah, I couldn't. I couldn't believe he came out and defended him for another one. And then I wrote a crazy little slogan, votha Kennedy, He's our man. If he can't do it, no one can. And what I mean by it he can do it is save our democracy because Pamela Harris will ruin this country. If you think Joe Biden. You said it earlier, I thought that was fabulous. You said, oh, if you want more of this mess, just vote for her, and that is definitely true.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that she will. She will take the country in the same direction that President Biden's associates. Again, I don't think Joe Biden's been calling the plays for a long time, and I think that he's got people around him who are telling him, have been telling him what to do. But that's I can't prove that, but that's what I believe. I think. I think that that he relies heavily upon his advisers. I don't think that Joe Biden has any sort of an ideological norse. I think Joe Biden always ran in order to be elected and if he had to quote, you know, a Scottish politician and plagiar eyes from that was and that was what was necessary in nineteen eighty seven. He did it. I mean, he just his goal was to always be elected. And guess what, he has always been elected these men his entire life, either as a US senator, vice president, or president of the United States.
Speaker 1: So would make a.
Speaker 9: Great a great comedy show. And you're in one of your girls there from Worcester, Susan. We're asking about some debate or some speech that Biden gave and she said, I couldn't watch it. I thought that was a sterring ball.
Speaker 2: And all right, well, thank you very much to Ash, I appreciate your call. Thank you very much, Please continue listen to you.
Speaker 9: Bye bye bye.
Speaker 2: With that quick break news at the bottom of the are we are a minute or so late. Sorry about that. We'll get some wide open lines here six one, seven, two, five, four ten thirty six one seven, nine, three one ten thirty. There is another topic that I do want to get to before the evening is out, which is the opening ceremony at the Olympics, which was quite a scene and drew from very interest reactions back on Nightside after this. You're on Nightside with Dan Ray on WBZ, Boston's news radio. All Ale's next up, We're going to go to David in San Francisco. We got a couple of David's out there in San Francisco. We'll see which David this is.
Speaker 5: Oh, thanks Dan, Yeah, I was looking at an article. Let's see, it's about mar A Lago and how many immigrants that Donald Trump has hired down there. And apparently this year alone he's put in for one hundred and thirty six foreign workers and let's see the I think only one of them was refused through the Department of Labor. And apparently in the last ten years he's had sixteen hundred immigrants immigrants working for him.
Speaker 2: These legal immigrants are illegal immigrants.
Speaker 5: Well, this is through Forbes. But let's see the number of foreign workers increased as Trump's owned businesses at Trump's owned businesses last year.
Speaker 2: No, but I'm trying to understand, David. I believe you. But are these people who are here legally and they're here on some sort of B one visas or these illegal or does the article make a different distinction.
Speaker 5: It just says that the Labor Department showed requests for fifty three waiters and waitresses, seven hotel desk clerks, seventeen housekeeping queen.
Speaker 2: Well, look, if he made those requests through the labor department, then I'm assuming they would be by death. By virtue of that, they would be legal. They would be here legally. Maybe they could be on legally on the path they could have come here and applied on some sort of a special work visa. There's there's many ways in which people come in through the country to the country and actually work their way to citizenship. So that doesn't sound to me like a prom.
Speaker 5: The fact is is that there are companies, major companies in America that like to hire foreign workers because they can pay him a tenth of what the uh uh you know other people will get.
Speaker 2: And give me, give me an example of that, David, Because if if, if, if you're working as let's say, in I don't know, in in in a restaurant, as a as a chef, or as a waiter, or as a host or a hostess, if you happen to be here legally on some sort of you know, visa which allows you to work here, why would you be to be paid a tenth. That's I think that's a little. Maybe they're not paid as much, but I don't think they be paid a tenth of what the well.
Speaker 5: We could haggle about, we could haggle about the dollar amount.
Speaker 2: Well I think I think again, if you, if you're working, if you're an American in your work and making let's say twenty five dollars an hour as a as a chef or whatever, I don't think that the guy next to you is going to be making two fifty. What's your point? Your point is that you know, I thought you were going to tell me that that Trump was hiring illegals at mar Lago, and since it's done through the Labor Department, they could not be by by definition, couldn't be illegals.
Speaker 5: You do remember about a year ago there was an attempt to get a bipartisan bill to get the border dealt with, and the Republicans to a person, refused to take part in it because they know that this is an elect this is a hot button election issue, and it's the only issue that Trump can deal with because he has nothing else.
Speaker 2: And well, he actually does, he actually does. David, And again, I know that you want to speak in generalities. I mean, what was the inflation? Inflation something that affects everybody. I don't know what you'd do for living out there. I don't know what sort of a lifestyle you have. But do you find things in San Francisco more expensive today by a substantial margin than what they were four years ago? What do you pay for gas and in San Francisco these days?
Speaker 5: Well, I probably told you this years ago. I haven't owned a car in almost thirty years.
Speaker 2: Good for you, Good for you. You are not contributing to the problems with Yozo Lane. Do you go to the grocery store at all? Or no?
Speaker 6: Oh?
Speaker 2: Sure, okay? So what what's your when you go to the grocery store? Do you notice things are more or less expensive in San Francisco compared to say.
Speaker 5: Try to buy seasonal food and that makes a difference, right?
Speaker 2: But do you again? But what I'm asking you, David, I'm really really trying. I'm struggling to have a conversation with you. I find that the grocery store here that just about everything has gone out. Stuff that three four years ago that cost two dollars and fifty cents are now just simple things like pepperge from cookies and now four dollars in night. I mean, it's I don't buy them. You know. I don't know about you. You may be wealthy and you don't notice it, but I really do watch this stuff and it's it's heck. You know.
Speaker 5: I don't disagree with you, But the point is is that it maybe it would be a smart idea for the Republicans to raise the minimum wage. Do you think they would ever do that hasn't been raised in something like seventeen years?
Speaker 2: Minimum wage in California is now twenty dollars. Well wait, wait, do you live in California? They just raised the minimum wage in California. I believe the twenty dollars, David.
Speaker 5: I believe it's eighteen something in San Francisco.
Speaker 2: But okay, I'll give you that. Okay, So it's been raised, and now a whole bunch of restaurants have closed up and have left.
Speaker 5: Uh.
Speaker 2: Well, I I mean, why don't we why don't we raise How about if we do this, maybe you and I can agree on this because I'm desperately let's raise the minimum wage in californ on you to fifty dollars an hour. Okay, that means the average.
Speaker 5: Person be too short. That would be way short. You're a baby boomer, aren't you, Dan?
Speaker 2: Uh yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 5: All right. So in nineteen sixty eight, the minimum wage was a dollar. Sixty ounce of gold was thirty two dollars. It took you exactly twenty hours at minimum wage to buy an ounce of gold. Now today I haven't looked at it this exact day, but I think it's two thy four hundred and so that's that's.
Speaker 2: Roughly where it is. You're right, you're right, you're absolutely right. Yeah, a lot of people were smart and purchase go. I have some friends of mine. I have a friend of mine have been played in the NBA who used to tell me in the nineteen seventies, by gold, and I didn't take.
Speaker 5: This wage today should be one hundred and fifteen dollars.
Speaker 2: Okay, So you want to raise how but if we do this, let's do this. I'm going to agree with you. Let's raise the minimum wage to one hundred and fifteen dollars an hour at hour, okay, fair enough.
Speaker 5: That's that'll take care of the the money hoarders, people like Elon Musk and uh, you know, as all these rats that are are hoarding those.
Speaker 2: Now, what will you pay for David? When you do you ever go to a restaurant? I'm sure you do right in California?
Speaker 5: Oh sure?
Speaker 2: Okay, So what do you think you'll pay for a hamburger when the minimum wage at that restaurant is one hundred and fifteen dollars?
Speaker 5: Well, I couldn't tell you offhand, But what.
Speaker 2: Do you think you, David, you're you're you're a small guy. What do you think you what do you think you'll likely pay? Do you think you pay?
Speaker 5: I'm looking at the small picture, Dan, Yeah, okay, Dan, you got to look at the big pictures.
Speaker 2: Well, I'm with you. Let's raise the minimum Let's raise the minimum wage to one hundred and fifty dollars an hour and we can all carry on money in a wheelbarrow. That'd be great, you know, I mean, that's fine. Raise the minimum wage to one hundred and thirty dollars an hour. What do you think that's going to do to senior citizens on fixed income? Dave? What do you think that's going to do to see the citizens on fixing company? Get the plank ready, Rob, We're getting close to the plank. Can you answer that question, Dave? If we raise the minimum wage for waiters wages? Okay, we're gonna plank it. Go ahead, Dave Dunk. We had a long conversation. Have a great night. We'll be back on night Side with more right after this. Now back to Dan Ray Mine from the Window World.
Speaker 9: Night Side Studios on w b Z News Radio.
Speaker 2: Where we're gonna go next, gonna go to Warren down Fall River, Warren, Welcome next to Nightside.
Speaker 6: How are you, hey, Dan, I'm good, I'm good. You know, yeah, yeah, that guy before me was you know, he couldn't answer, you know, a question worthless likes. You know, it's just frustrating, but you know it's it's funny that, you know, you know that we have the two worst Kennedy literally in the world running with Kamala and then Trump. You know, Trump, because his mouth is his worst enemy. I mean, he opens his mouth, he starts himselves, he starts the name calling, and he loses the independent voters who would who he needs, who he needs to turn while Kamalva, you know, is the same as Biden. You know, her and Biden are the same people. And I'm sorry, but the last three and a half years have been really horrible economically. The board has been wide open. And yeah, think about this. You know, eleven and a half million illegals crossing into this country. All right, what does it cost a person to live at all minimum in America? He just times that by eleven eleven point five million, you get and you get trillions of dollars. And yeah, and they should not be rewarded for that, yea, you know. And I mean a short story for me, something that you didn't know about me is I almost became a dual citizen of Canada and the United States. I almost married a woman up in Canada, and I had to. I was going through the consulate. I was doing through all the right things, you know, to see what it would become. You know, what the paperwork was. And there was a lot of paperwork. And I was doing it and I was doing it the right way. And and I think that the only people that we should grant amnesty, if we grant amnesty at all, too, are people who are doing it doing it the right way, you know, I agree.
Speaker 2: I mean, first of all, if you're doing it the right way, you don't need amnesty. I mean, yeah, there's a process to do it. There's a process to go get a driver's license in America. You have to go and you know apply uh and take a driver's test uh, and and prove that you know the rules of the there's a written test, if I recall, and then there's the driver's test.
Speaker 6: Yeah. And have you ever seen a person who who went through the process legally and you know, went through the ceremony of becoming a citizen.
Speaker 2: They are so proud, absolutely waving an American flag absolutely.
Speaker 6: Yeah, with with pride.
Speaker 2: And I and I think that I think that those new citizens want to assimilate into the country and they want to become Americanized. They want to learn English they weren't. They want to become familiar with our culture, whether it is the movies or sports or whatever they want. Many of those folks learn English, believe it or not, by watching television on days, on daytime television, or or listening to talk shows. I mean on television. The good part about it is you got subtitles, so you can you can listen to the word and then read that. You can sort of learn it by just observing. But those are people who want desperately to become American citizens because they want a better life for themselves than their.
Speaker 6: Kids, exactly, And we don't know, We have no idea what's coming into this country. And the people that are coming over that we that we are stopping basically have no skills. They have zero skills, They don't know the language, they they they have no work skills. So we have to build them up. And that's even more money to do if we have a plan for them, which we don't. Yeah, and it's sort of like.
Speaker 2: Well, the Globe will have an article tomorrow, which again they posted today, which I mentioned earlier at night. My families wander Boston streets as shelter system shuts them out. So can you imagine being a single mom with two or three kids here, or a couple of parents with a couple of kids wandering city streets in the city they don't know. Welcome to America.
Speaker 6: Exactly what I said. I see the same thing. Okay, I get off the you know, I mean, I'm you know, when I get off you know, I'm driving home now, and when I get to the Fall River exit. Yeah, there's a homeless person right at the at the end of the exit. There. If I go into the city to do anything more. They're wandering. They're wandering the main streets and this and that and and we've kind of induced them to come here with that right to shelter law.
Speaker 2: They were all sorts of sign There was signage up at the border in Mexico Mexican US Mexican boarder telling them go to Massachusetts, and word of mouth, that's why we're overwhelmed in Massachusetts. Well, and I think you want to get one more in before the break.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank you.
Speaker 2: Appreciate it. All right, let's go next to Mike and Beverly, Massachusetts. Mike, you were next on nights. I appreciate your patience.
Speaker 5: Go aheahead, sir, Hey Dan, you know I doing great.
Speaker 2: Mike. What's on your mind tonight?
Speaker 1: I have listener and God bless your Dan. A couple of call, a couple of calls ago, like he was.
Speaker 5: Anyway he was that.
Speaker 2: Let me tell you, he was actually more under control tonight than normally. And I actually had I thought a pretty good conversation with it for a few minutes and then it kind of went off the rails. But we've had conversations that lasted like twenty two seconds before he got the blank.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, telling you, hey, keep trying to beat that border bill. And that border bill was no bill, it was h h so prior to that that chach Shiller won't break on the floor.
Speaker 2: So absolutely, absolutely, And under the Biden bill that he had worked out with some Republicans, including Senator Langford from Oklahoma, I didn't want to get into it. They were allowing five thousand, on an average of five thousand people every day to come in at the border crossings, but it had to average five thousand a day over a week. So what that meant was thirty five thousand people a week. The bill that Biden has ordered as an executive order is half that. Now. I don't know that either one of them will be enforced. But actually the Republicans, when they decided to follow Trump's instinct and not go for the bill, it actually became a lower average number. Instead of five thousand, it was twenty five hundred. If you multiplied five thousand times three hundred and sixty five days, you're talking about like one point eight million people.
Speaker 1: But again, quickly, wait, let me go just make the numbers that Biden flew in here America from all that country does not go against the numbers. Yep, flying people over so they are across to the border, and those numbers are not count against the twenty five hundred dollar number they were flying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and they were also flying them in for years in night flights into into Logan Airport. I'm told people the airport have told me that in New York, uh In, in Westchester County and all over the country. The whole idea was to flood flood the country with them with with illegal immigrants, migrants, newcomers, whatever you want to call them.
Speaker 1: Just to pay information, DAN is a flooding more common before the new presidency counts right now, So just be aware they're they're like migrating that way right now. So there's like ten thousand on the way auf there right now. So we will.
Speaker 2: We will monitor it, I promise you, and we'll talk about it when we come back. We are going to change topics. We talk about that Olympics opening ceremony, which has been received with a lot of controversy. Some people think it was a blasphemy, others say, hey, it's totally misunderstood. Want to know what you'd think. We'll be back right after eleven o'clock news here on nightside