Speaker 1: Which I don't know you've done. We've both done interest for the Nolan retro So now we're you know what you go, sir, you go?
Speaker 2: Okay, Hello and welcome back to the Geek First podcast. I don't know what episode number of this is, but of tenant In, Adam Harcaster, Dylan Muss, and I'm joined by two very special gentlemen. I don't know if they have nicknames, so I'm gonna let them introduce nickname.
Speaker 3: We're in spoilers more now, I just say, I just say, I don't know. I'm the number one Robert Pass and fanboy. Trust now he is not a spoilers spoilers review.
Speaker 1: What you know? I saw the Christopher Nolan one that.
Speaker 4: Sorry, Taylor, I'm the Pincer movement Taylor Field, Oh very nice.
Speaker 2: I like that one a lot.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: So if if you're just joining us today, well there's a lot going on. We did the entire retrospective of all of Nolan's movies, a couple exceptions, every most part. You can check out the feed all that's on there. And this is gonna be a strictly spoilers you Normally we do a non splitters section and then the spoiler section, but since this movie isn't really releasing everywhere, releasing at different times, we just decided to separate them. So these two gentlemen, Travison Taylor did a non spoiler review that's about half an hour long that you can check out on the feeds now, and then this is gonna be all out spoilers. I'm good. I don't know if you guys have anything else you want to plug for today.
Speaker 3: No other than we'll be dropping new Mune, so any Marvel fans of that and then yeah, all I would say is, I don't know. We have not talked about when, but sometimes in the near future we'll be doing some sort of stream for Marvel Vengers, so that comes out next week. So just subscribe to our Twitter and Facebook fall us there and then we'll let you know. So the only thing I want to ask you Dan, have you listened to our non spoilers? I did, yep, okay, so you have.
Speaker 1: So I want to know how you feel about this movie, because you know we feel about this movie. So I do.
Speaker 2: And it's funny because I was listening. When I was listening to it, like you guys sounded pretty similar on like most things. But then when it came to like the number rating, you guys were different by like a factor of three numbers. That's subject number rating.
Speaker 4: My number, my number rating it. As I said in that cast, it's gonna change. I know it's gonna go higher.
Speaker 1: But even then, like this, like the music score, so one hundred percent, he said it was fifty to fifty.
Speaker 4: No, No, but I I re listened to some track styles at work today and like now that I could not have to like focus on dialogue.
Speaker 1: I enjoy that.
Speaker 2: So what do you think, Dyn, Yeah, I think I'm pretty similar to you guys. If not, I'm gonna be even a bit lower. Honestly, I rate after the movie. I was just considering it so much, and the more I thought I about today, I think I've realized kind of how disappointed I am. I I love the concept, but I feel like I could say that about any one of Nolan's movies. Yeah. I always compliment what he does with time, because I think that's just such an interesting theme that he tackles. And I feel like, if you look at he probably has this big notebook with all these movie ideas, right, and I feel like there's a whole chapter that that's dedicated just to things with time. It's like, oh, yeah, I've done that, Let's do dreams that have weirdiscape.
Speaker 1: He has five more time movies coming, you know it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. But I just don't think this was the best idea. Like it sounds cool on paper, but I think it should have stayed in that notebook. It's just I don't know if Like, I don't get a lot of this movie, and part of that is probably a user error me not understanding, but I also feel like the movie did not do a good job of holding my hand along the way. I don't understand a lot, and it's not to the point where Inception confused me. When I first saw it. I understood enough of it, but I was like, Okay, I gotta go back and see it again because I need to figure out these particular things. I don't even know what I'd look for on a second watch of this movie. I will watch it again at some point, but overall, I think I am pretty disappointed, and I don't think there's really many points, many story beats that really landed with much impact for me. There was kind of one moment that I thought was quite good. But other than that, I didn't feel too attached to any characters. That kind of thing. I'd say. On like the technical front, it's it's you know, Christopher Nolan, it's stellar. Great sympatography. I like the music. I think the balance is sometimes really whack. I couldn't hear a lot of dial real Yeah, but you know, special effects obviously, he does a lot of practical effects, especially the playing scene, which I really appreciate. I thought all the acting was good. I didn't and I guess it kind of ends there in terms of technicals. I actually thought the writing was not that great in this movie. I thought the main character wasn't and his name is protagonist. I think, yeah, I didn't think the protagonist was very well done at all. I didn't feel that attached to him. So yeah, overall, I think I'm a bit a bit disappointed and obviously rewatch. I'm sure we'll solve some maybe questions I have, But on the first watch, I was not too happy with the result. Unfortunately.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I didn't like it as least as I did Interstellar, but Interstelle I still felt like it had that feeling of I was like, okay, when I watched this again, I might like it a little bit more, and I feel that way with Tenant, but I don't think I'm gonna like it like bounds By more. You know, like there's sometimes where I go, oh, I had these problems because I didn't understand you see it again, like you said with inception, even problems, but just like questions where this is, there's still like structural things that I don't like, Like I just want to start with because I said this in the Yeah and the Nonspoys about the villain. I really liked him at the beginning because he was like really cold and cool and calm, collect I like his dialogue.
Speaker 1: But I felt like he took a big shift when and I didn't.
Speaker 3: Like the editing of it when he brought her to that room and he was like beating her up and everything one like I think as Nolan always tries to keep his movie pg. Thirteen, Just like the editing of that scene, like they were trying to make it look like he was hitting her but he he wasn't. It looked like they like it was really choppy, but then just him going on about being a fucking tiger, and just like it didn't feel like like that didn't feel like an no Olan movie. And that's where I said, like, some of the strengths of being like a Bond movie or there, but some of the strengths as far as the other thing, I was disappointed. Like the big reveal of what Tenant's gonna do or what he's gonna do is like he's just gonna end the world. And I was like, oh, I, you know, like I expected a bit more from Christopher Nolan to be honest. Then when they're just like, well, he's gonna end the world, I went, Okay, like this is just a Bond movie.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 3: I thought it'd be a little bit more than that. But that's where I still really enjoy it. But I I have.
Speaker 1: Some disappointing faults that will never change on a second viewing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I actually think part of that too, is just the way they set it up. They set it up so that the villain needs like these nine hore cruxes essentially, like he needs naing this Stony has all of them, he can blow up the world. But then it's like, oh, but he already has eight of them, guys, get stoked. He already he's getting the last one and it's supposed to add suspense, but it just felt really weak, like that felt like, you know, screenwriters first time on the job or something that didn't feel like a Christopher Nolan thing. It just seemed a bit lazy to me.
Speaker 1: Well, I think that's even just my problem with the very beginning movie. I feel like the first thirty minutes we're dropped in a world that we don't know.
Speaker 3: And that's where it's like, if you look at the beginning of this movie versus the beginning, the inception that happens, but then slowly they peel back the oh, this is what's going on. Where I feel like, one with Tenet they do that a lot slower, and two my problem is they throw a lot at you. Like every time Day Washington meets a new character, there's tons of exposition and they're talking about so many different characters. Like when we meet Michael Kine, he goes on like two different rants about like this person is the Dutchess sister, whose cousin is this. It's like, I don't need to know all these details, but they're just you because it's Nolan, you think I need to know them all because it's all gonna be important, but sometimes they're not. It's just little character details that I didn't think really fleshed them out too much.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I agree with that. I feel like there was some potential villains that were like set up in the opening of the movie that you never really hear from again, and then I didn't even really feel like, uh, what is the guy's name. I'm gonna try and find it quick.
Speaker 1: The main villain, cath Brona.
Speaker 3: I don't know the villain's name, but yeah, the guy he's like he directed Thor.
Speaker 1: And he was in uh yeah.
Speaker 2: Something like that.
Speaker 3: It well almost something they said ziito and I was like, is this connection to Yeah, I'm like, is this actually like I have for five minutes like, oh, this is the big twist. It is connected the inception. I was gonna really excited and that's like, oh no, this guy just has the same but it's with an R at the end. Okay, Yeah, yeah, another spoilers. Is there something you want to shut as far as we're talking about a guinst cons right now, but anything particularly that you wanted to really get off your chest from last night.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one thing in particular.
Speaker 4: So this and this is kind of like a con and I told you this offcast yesterday. So at the intro of the film, I had thought they would retouch upon the fact that when the protagonist encounters that first inverted person, when the or the inverted gunshot goes back, and then I thought they would touch upon that later on. But all that's clarified with that as a woman says, you're lucky you didn't take an inverted bullet or whatever, and I thought, wow, that's.
Speaker 1: Really all they're leaving.
Speaker 4: I thought they would fall back to the intro because the beginning had that. It also had him knowing exactly where to go to find one of the devices for the destruction of the world, one of the pieces of the horse crux. So I don't understand how what was his because as I told you, there were four teams that were involved in that opera house. There were the terrorists, there was the tenant man him whatever doing doing gunshots. There was the protagonist part of his undercover team, and then there was the main swat team that was in there that was I guess popping bombs off to the bombs. There were so many teams, so I don't know what the goal was and apparently. I think Cyto or Cito from what I read afterwards, I think he was a part of that and somehow, but we don't learn that he is.
Speaker 1: Well he was though, because well he was, because remember that's how they meet.
Speaker 3: He brings up the opera, so that's how we learn he is connected to that somehow, But I.
Speaker 1: Don't remember him being in the opera seit.
Speaker 3: Well, no, I think he's just the guy that is the he he's organizing it.
Speaker 1: It's his. So whoever some bad guys are, they're his bad guys.
Speaker 3: So that's what I think it is, is that he's the red skull to the hydressaying go do this.
Speaker 1: So that's that's what I think they're supposed to do.
Speaker 4: Okay, then that's my That's one of my cons is they don't cover how the protagonists knew to find one of the devices hanging in that coat rack of a thousand coats?
Speaker 1: So why was he looking for it when he went They cover that part.
Speaker 3: That guy that they go to say if he tells them the number of the co rats, I'm the same thing with you. I don't know what happened to that inverted guy who almost shot him.
Speaker 1: Maybe it was just that one was just by luck that there was another invert person doing something else not involved with him, which is you know, because everything else after that point has shown like oh it was Robert passing or him the whole time, right, But I think the co.
Speaker 3: Check was that guy whoever their mole was. He did tell them the number and where to go, so.
Speaker 1: He was a part of the inverted sea thing.
Speaker 2: Okay, Yeah, that was something that was kind of just confusing to me across the movie, like I didn't really know who we were up against or like who was on what faction, Like particularly the end the end of the movie when we're at like that kind of corry area like the Sandy you know, like the last final big battle. I have no idea what was going on there, Like who were they against. I didn't see, Like there's the one like Russian dude who ends up going down and he's like going to the container that has all the horse cruxes. But now there that I didn't see a single like quote unquote bad guy, no idea who they were fighting. I didn't know if they were like if it was supposed to be that the Red Team versus the Blue Team, which wouldn't make any sense. So I just had no idea what they were blowing up, who they were shooting at. It didn't really make any sense to me. Did you guys see that scene differently than me?
Speaker 1: I took it. I don't think it's explained well.
Speaker 3: I think that's where it's like James BONDI as far as these are just goons, but I took it as Sito's these are a bunch of goons he's hired to protect his investment in this ball.
Speaker 1: That's all that. The movie didn't really tell me that, but I just assumed it is a big Oh yeah. They all had the exact everybody had the exact same attire in this movie, you know, the red, the blue, and then the like it was like the white blue camo instead. But that's what I took them as.
Speaker 3: They were just goons that were there hired to protect it, you know, to die for anything.
Speaker 1: Which that's a scene.
Speaker 3: That I love, like like cinematically, but that's a scene where I need the four YouTube videos showing me all the different timelines at the same time, because I thought it was a cool effect. But there was a time where like the building blew up three times, I was kind of like I was getting a little lost. I was like, I'm trying to play It's like, okay, who shot first? How do they do this? Like it just feels at some point and I'm sure, I'm sure there's a way it's gonna be broken down, but it was just like so much time travel on time travel, on time travel. I was lost where I feel like the inception the dream within a dream within a dream that can get confluted, confusing, but eventually it works in your head. And they did that good thing in that where they'd show like we talked about that where it shows all like the montages of people getting ready for the kicks or something slowed down with this, I don't feel that's the same way exposition.
Speaker 1: I feel like it was not.
Speaker 3: It could have taken a little like another once over, like how could we make this a bit tighter or how could we make this bit clear? And I feel like that's what this movie. One of the things that was missing was for that stuff to be clear.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Well, I think that the inception comparisons be different because at least when when you're in those scenes where it's cutting between everyone getting pumped out with a kick you actually you know who they all are at that point, whereas in this movie, like even Robert Pattison, he's like, you know, you know a what about him, but still there's this like essence of mystery to him that isn't revealed until like literally the last scene, and then he's gone and then it's something else. And that's kind of the case for like everyone, even your main the protagonist, you learn at the end he did like so much more that is never really on screen. That kind of felt like a half assed ending to me. I have like a few questions. I don't know if I kind of want to throw them at you guys and see if you have answers, just so I can help understand a little bit more of this.
Speaker 3: Yeah, my only thing I'll touch on the protagonist before we go, because that was a con of mine. I couldn't say last night that I he to me, that was my thing of when we did the Inception retro and I read that quote about how when Leo and Nolan met, Leo like sat down Nolan and Nolan said that he really attributed him for making it more of a character story than a plot story. It was less about the world that was more about Cobb trying to achieve this goal. That's what I feel like this, And there's differences, but I feel like inception could have been out that without that, maybe that story is not that real.
Speaker 1: It's maybe it's a little.
Speaker 3: Heightened, but that's what that feel like, where the protagonist is just the protagonist and there's not much to him.
Speaker 1: I like the acting. I think he did a good job.
Speaker 3: He has some I like the like comedic stuff he had in the restaurant of all I take that to go and stuff like that. Oh he didn't know I liked all that stuff.
Speaker 2: He was just like way too dad joking. It felt like I don't know none of it. It just felt like very like cliche, like kind of generic dialogue for me.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but yeah, that was my thing of like his connection was her, but and then again that's another bon trope. He falls in love right away, but I just I didn't connect. I think Elizabeth de Becky's like the heart of this film, and that works. But I just feel that every other lead, for the most part, in old movies, even prestige when it's like these guys are awful, but they're really driven by something he's just driven by like, oh, I gotta save the country, which works. That's fine, but I guess I was always expecting more because I always feel his protagonists do have a little bit more. There's that little empt to get me personally invested, and I didn't find that with this guy. Where that's why we pass. And like he said, he is mysterious. But then when I learn about everything he did at the end, that does excite me to watch again, to feel like okay, because clearly, like when they have that meeting at the beginning and he's like, oh, you'll take a diet coke and he's like, I don't like diet cokey, He's like, yes, you do. So to find more little things like that I think will be fun. So that's why I passed this character. I kind of I made the comparison inception where Arthur was the cool one and Dom had the character like personality. It's weird that the main character was the cool like trying to be the cool one and the side character was the guy that had a bit more emotionality to it. So that's why I didn't connect with the main I even though I liked all the acting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I kind of feel like I'm already forget her name to Becky's character Cat, I'm kind of for like. I kind of feel like she was the only one that I knew who she was from start to finish. Yeah, and I actually know, like like her character backstory, and I mean it's like a simple She's a simple character, so it makes sense. I kind of feel like she was the only one that I really understand at this point who I didn't feel like there was scenes missing that would have helped me fill in some blanks or something.
Speaker 3: Even though before your questions, do you feel because Emi explained a bit more to me last night, so I do understand it more. But I feel like the husband and that whole painting was one of the most convoluted things ever.
Speaker 2: That was my first question, what is that painting? I don't get it?
Speaker 3: So I guess Emily bro down to me that like she thought it was real, so she told her husband he bought it, they found it was a fake, and to like hold it over her head, he would reveal that it would be fake, so it would like ruin her entire career if people found out it was fake. But then she wished that she found out it was fake because she could have like used it to betray him and make him look bad or something like that.
Speaker 1: I My whole thing is this guy's a weapon stealer.
Speaker 3: All he needed to just say is like, you're gonna stick with me or I'm gonna kill you.
Speaker 1: That's it. That character in this villain, he's not that level of a thing.
Speaker 3: That's why I love with Keath Brown and give some interview He's like, well, I guess I'm the villain of the movie. It's like you so are You're just you're not like a fan of so you don't have that redeeming qualities.
Speaker 1: You don't have. He just wants to end the world because he's selfish. Other than he says like, oh.
Speaker 3: The people in the future have told me we ruin the planet, but they've posed that, oh we could change the future, so that could change. So to me, he's already a really just really really bad character. To give this whole painting thing, I thought was one of the most conflute things I've seen in a movie for a long time.
Speaker 2: Well, so, yeah, I guess My question along with that then, is like they do that whole heist just to get that painting like, why do they do that? Why does that have to happen?
Speaker 3: So she won't introduce the protagonists without knowing she's safe.
Speaker 1: So if they get the painting, she says.
Speaker 2: That, like the most overcomplicated plan of all time. The only way you can possibly build trust with this woman is to like do this crazy heist that you might die for, Like, I don't know. That just seems a little bit too much to me.
Speaker 4: It was like two words of one stone though, because yeah, the painting was obviously this little like side story that they pursued, but it was really to introduce the fact that there is another like inverted machine, right that that would play a part in later.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I guess I yeah, for a storytelling reason, that's what I don't think it makes sense here, But for Nolan to be like, we gotta put this machine here so they could do the switch later on in the movie, I guess so. But from a story standpoint, it also sucks because later on Kenth Brown is like, here, I have the painting and nothing happened, Like there's no consequences for her. He knows, well, he at least insinuates that he knows she tried to get this painting stolen. He doesn't punish her like he goes to obviously the beat her up and everything like that, but he makes it sound like if she tries to get this pain, he's gonna kill her. That doesn't happen, So I, yeah, I don't mind the heist thing because I feel like that's kind of a highest trope of like, Okay, you gotta pull up this really thing because she's I guess, the only way he can get to Keath Browna, right, there's no other way for the protagonists to get to her, so they have to this painting.
Speaker 1: Do I think it was the most well done? No? I don't, but I I get what they're going for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, here's here's another question for you. So when protagonist meets uh Kat and Satou, they or like when he's kind of built some trust with him, I guess they decide to go on like these flying boat things which are like cool looking, Like what what is the purpose of that boat scene? I couldn't hear like anything there were saying because it was so loud. Well, they were just talking business, right, Yeah, Well, like I don't know, isn't it isn't that also not just like super overcomplicated for no reason.
Speaker 1: So again I hate like I sound like.
Speaker 2: Thing, we need to go on this boat like right now, I sound like that's the worst place ever to have a conversation, especially with someone that you don't trust at all, in an environment where he did get knocked off the boat and he would not have been saved like that just doesn't make any sense to me.
Speaker 1: Well even for me.
Speaker 3: The protagonist multiple times has his back fully turned to Keith Brana, so it's like he could just take you out in a in a split second. So again I sound like a broken record. But that is a bond trip where Bond will meet the girl she meets like the evil businessman, and then they go on some like expedition together and Bond and it's like sometimes skiing or like a game of poker like you'll see and even Casina Royale. So I think that's what he was trying to do. But yeah, I that scene and when he learned about Tenant, I'm like, why do we need to put these on boats? It was I heard a few lines in that that discussion and that was it. I I didn't hear what she said before she knocked her husband off. I didn't hear because he literally says, like, what do you need with the plutonium or what.
Speaker 4: Was the pluridium plutonium?
Speaker 3: He's like, what do you want the plutonium? And then John Nason tells him. But I didn't hear a single thing of what you want to do with it because it was so loud.
Speaker 1: I just couldn't understand.
Speaker 3: This is a movie that I think I will at least like better when I have subtitles, but yeah, I don't. I think that was I don't know why he's been obsessed with it since Dark Knight Rises, but the sound mixing in some of his movies. They need someone needs to tell him that. I get what he's going for, but it's it hurts. It hurts the actual movie in my opinion on a for viewing at least m.
Speaker 2: M, yeah, I agree, what what did you feel? Kind of the same on that particular boat scene.
Speaker 4: I'm I have all the scenes like I feel like that. Definitely the audio wasn't super loud at that moment for me because like they when I couldn't understand what they're saying before when they put the headphones on, I was like, Okay, I can kind of hear now, as that works.
Speaker 1: But I love the scene. I thought it was super cool.
Speaker 4: I just kind of rolled with it because I thought, you know, this guy is like fucking loaded at it, oh ye with cash. So if he wants to talk business on his flying boat, I mean, golf, all the power to you.
Speaker 1: I mean, why not.
Speaker 4: It's very like intimidating, like And this is if this was at before the dinner scene where he says, I'm gonna put your balls in your throat and watch you pull your balls out.
Speaker 1: Then I'd be a little skeptical.
Speaker 4: But the fact that he says that and then goes to the boat, I was kind of prepared for it because this to do anything.
Speaker 2: Was that supposed to be funny? Like when he said that.
Speaker 1: I don't think I wasn't laughing. I think it was supposed to be. Were you laughing?
Speaker 2: I don't think I really laughed like much at all. Unfortunately, Like like I said, humor didn't really uh land for me in general.
Speaker 1: What about the guy's body when they at the end, when they were dragging the guy's body in the water, did you laugh there?
Speaker 2: I did a bit. I guess it was more like a cringe, like, oh my god, that was a brutal shot that was like Nolan's like, hey, we need a stun guy who's willing to do this or something. Look, real man, here's here's a big question that, uh, how does how does the time and the manipulation even work?
Speaker 1: I just doesn't.
Speaker 2: It doesn't make sense to me. It doesn't make sense. Give me like the elevator pitch of like how this is supposed to make sense?
Speaker 4: You go, yeah, okay, So from from my knowledge there is there's two parallels. Basically, when you go into one of these inverted machines and you come out the other end, you can see your old self basically like rewinding as you're progressing forwards. But then the version of you progressing forwards is progressing forwards into the past, if that makes sense.
Speaker 1: And you can see the person that's going forward and see the other version.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So when you you don't want to get like close in contact with yourself, like as you're progressing forwards into the past, but then when you invert yourself and come out from the past, then you're progressing forwards through time again, but from a previous point in time. So it's a form of time travel through inversion. Yeah, that's the best way, because this I need multiple things. I've tried to not almost listen to their rules and look at us just time travel as far as it's fun the whole like you're inverting mean backwards. But I just take it as like, Okay, they need to go back to a certain point and to time travel, they got to literally go through the motion. It's not like an end game where it's like we could just jump from point A to point B.
Speaker 3: You literally have to walk to point A point B, and while you're walking you'll leave traces of yourself that the past will be able to see while you're going forward. So I think where it really got that's where again at the ending I need to see because you literally have Robert Passon in like four different timelines because he's like in the Blue team, he's with John David Washington, and then he's with when he goes back, and then he's with another timeline when he goes back to get himself killed. He's in four separate timelines at once, and John Day's Washington says them like, how is that possible? And he just kind of says like oh, like he says some line about anything being possible. It's like, okay, so it's just like travel malarkey. But I yeah, I think Taylor is Taylor explained it I vision that way. He explained it better than I could have. I still don't think they explained it the greatest. Multiple times.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I there's particular points that confused me, like when that scene where there's kind of like the red and blue glass and there's he's kind of uh sight tours, like I don't know, trying to kill a cat or whatever is going on there. Like it was a cool scene in theory, but just because none of it made sense to me, I didn't really like it that much, I guess. But then there was at one point there where there was like four of him, like he had like four versions of himself, like all that room.
Speaker 1: In that scene there was just there was just a two versions.
Speaker 4: So when you see cat get shot at the inverted bullet that hadn't happened yet, that was in that was her getting shot in the future. So the present one he was basically feeding himself information from his future self. So when he was interrogating the protagonist, he was feeding that information back and forth to his future self.
Speaker 1: So that he could go and obviously do what he had to do. It's very weird.
Speaker 2: And so what's the deal with the mask? Like are they take like breathing in like a plutonium or something.
Speaker 4: It's like reverse oxygen, you could you could imagine, right, So like everything is reverse, so that includes what you're trying to breathe in.
Speaker 1: That's how I took it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's how I took it too, because they give the explanation about like fire and heat becomes ice and they said some other things. So that's how I took it as almost like the air would leave your body if you just don't have this mask.
Speaker 1: So that's what that's for. That's how I took it.
Speaker 2: Okay, And then so for things that are going in reverse, is like, how does like if you're going in reverse but not everything's in reverse? How does that?
Speaker 1: Like?
Speaker 2: There was one point kind of near the end of the movie when he's like when protagonist is on some giant like tanker ship and the things like going backwards, and I didn't really understand, like, is everything's supposed to be going backwards? Is it because there's someone inverted who's controlling that ship? Like I don't know, I don't get that.
Speaker 4: That's because they went through the inversion machine and everything was just naturally going backwards because they.
Speaker 2: Were going through backwards, right, Like, it's just some things go backwards.
Speaker 4: No, I'm pretty sure it's everything in the world because it if you're in the current timeline and the present time, the things that go backwards are like inverted objects that have been brought over from the inversion realm basically, but they went That's why they were wearing the masks, because they went into the inverted realm and they were traveling and traversing back to a previous part in time to try because that was when they were trying to go and plan accordingly to go and like hit side to a ship or whatever and like delay him from killing himself and all that. So they had to go back to that moment because they knew the dates. So they had to go back to that moment because they knew he was revisiting that moment before he killed himself.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, that I'd have to watch, like it worked for you, because it sounds so simple when you say it, but like it doesn't work for me at all.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Like I I'd have to watch again and see if everything was, but yeah, that's how I took it as far as like we got to get to Tuesday, but we're on Friday, so we literally got to live in the inverted world like kind of it's going backwards in a sense. So that's why it's like we got to sleep here that little tank. Obviously, that's where would throw me off sometimes because lots of time they didn't have the mask off. But clearly I guess that there's certain areas that they can go into that it's already oxygen for them or put out there. So I think I'm picking up lots of tay Is putting down. But I think again, I have to see it again. I got that more talking to you and then thinking about it a whole night again. In the movie, I still feel like there's so much going on that That's why I said the non sports. I feel like I'm thinking about the past scene, but then I'm getting new.
Speaker 1: Information in this scene.
Speaker 3: So it's hard for me really to keep up because I just think sometimes they just needed some I think sometimes they just need some cool down moments, you know. I think that's why I like some of those moments, even though there's exposition and with Michael Caine and the humor and stuff like that, because it was like, Okay, we're not getting so much info, but it like every scene was info info, info dump, like just so much of it that I think that's what I will.
Speaker 1: If I can.
Speaker 3: I feel like each watch now I need to like, Okay, I'm gonna specifically focus on the time travel aspect, none of the characters.
Speaker 1: Just watch it for that.
Speaker 3: And again I feel like it's not too smooth, But you know, I think Taylor's explain it well, not like I get the general concept of it.
Speaker 4: I think I think, well, it's funny that you mentioned like watching it just to ignore like the character's point of your perspective and just focusing on the time travel part.
Speaker 1: Because that's that's my goal.
Speaker 4: I want to rewatch it, and I want to hone in on everyone wearing masks and then figure out, Okay, so these people are obviously inverted at these point points of time and that leads to other scenarios and such. So I mean, that's my goal for a second watching, because there are a lot of characters that had gas masks in our present timeline.
Speaker 2: M hmm, here's another. Uh. I just got tons of questions for you. Yeah, what was I can't remember her name? The Indian woman who comes up a few times and he goes to for information or like that's like that first big heist thing when they're like zipping up the side of the building and he ends up talking to her a couple of times. What is her like story.
Speaker 3: A person like Rob Pass and that he's recruited in the future to help him dish out missions. But then old thing with Elizabeth, the biggie as she goes against whatever he says, like not that he would have said, like, don't kill this one, but I think she just thought in her mind she was expendable, even though his present day did say, hey, like you have to promise this woman and the child are gonna be safe, and she promises that. So I think what he realizes that he is the protagonist ra Pass, and he realized that he might be He might be we learned this off screen, but he he for sure is the guy giving her info from the future, because they talk about that kind Brown's character that he's getting not only just invert objects, but just pieces of information from people in the future trying to help him out and help their cause. So I think he's one of those people, but he's on the good side, and she's just kind of like not a rogue agent, but just kind of in it for herself. So when he found out she was going to do that, he kills her. So I guess at some point in the future again he sends word down to a younger version of her help him out, and then he just knows that, you know, you're like, at one point he's going to have to kill her. It's what It's kind of like the same thing that Rob Passing Time trial that I like, but it's that thing of like, this is the end of my friendship with you, but it's the beginning of yours.
Speaker 1: So it's like this whole loop thing.
Speaker 3: Where I think eventually you get it on the Charlie Day, you know, always sunny map. I think some of it or most of it will make sense, but I think in the film I'll jumble it gets a little confusion.
Speaker 1: But that's what I took.
Speaker 2: Yeah, can you talk to someone who's inverted? Like is that? Can you have a conversation with someone who's inverted and you're not inverted?
Speaker 1: I don't think so. No.
Speaker 3: I think that's you'd have to, because was that what they're doing one point, recording conversations and playing them backwards.
Speaker 1: Is that what they are doing.
Speaker 3: That's what I thought a few times, that they had recorded them and played them backwards. I could have been wrong, but there's just multiple recordings happen hm hmm. And because and like he they do that, and that because Dave Washington and Capron have a conversation, right, but we get that thing where it's like they talk and then like changes the audio around for them.
Speaker 1: So maybe you just need a machine like that, like a gateway. That's what I think.
Speaker 3: Maybe you can, but you couldn't, like if I think if you're if there's no machinery, if you're inverted and the other person onvert, you couldn't talk them or you couldn't understand them at least mm hmm.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I guess I was. I'm wondering why why we never got a scene where uh protagonist is like talking to himself or you have some moment at the end of the movie where he connects with that other version of himself. We'd like done all this other stuff in the future, but I guess maybe that hadn't happened yet.
Speaker 1: Or something, but well they can't write. They like the fact that they fought, I guess is a whole other scenario.
Speaker 4: But they the rule was like, if you get into super close proximity to yourself, like the particles of your body will like start to like combust or something and know, like be very devastating.
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't catch that. So why didn't happen when he's fighting himself for like five minutes straight.
Speaker 1: I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: I'm thinking maybe because it wasn't like ske on skin contact or he had the mask on or something. Because Aaron Taylor Johnson when they were walking out into the inverted area with the cat after when she was shot the Aaron Taylor Johnson looks at the lady and is like give him the rundown. She's like, don't come in contact with your former self and this YadA, YadA YadA, because this will happen.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I caught that.
Speaker 3: I didn't remember the whole like your Adams and whatnot exploding, but I did say, like I did hear that, don't come contact yourself.
Speaker 1: Did John Daby Washington get stabbed in his arm? Is that why he was bleeding at one point?
Speaker 4: Well, it was a bullet wound, right, because but I don't know when that connected because he he noticed like his arm started to hurt more, and then he noticed the hole in his jacket and then it started to bleed. But there was no build up point to when that happened when he got shot. The only time I thought that he got shot was did he shoot himself in the airport scene?
Speaker 1: That's what I think, because I didn't we didn't see a gunshot going well, we didn't see well, not a gunshot.
Speaker 3: But I thought, well, maybe was it that time when the he did like the rounds on the glass or was like the boom boom boom boom.
Speaker 4: But he his former his old self was in the trajectory of the bullet, right, and the protagonists and Inverted's form was the one shooting the gunshots, so he wouldn't have been able to hit his arm because.
Speaker 1: He Yeah, I think so. I think you're right. My question is in that scene, the.
Speaker 2: One on the other side of the glass who was running, is that what you're talking about or do you mean like earlier in that scene when they were just like fist fighting and he shot him when they were just in the hallway or something.
Speaker 4: Well, he was in both those settings, right, Like he when he was like trying to his inverted self was trying to get into that machine when in reality he was actually going away from it in the current timeline. So he he was going he was shooting the gun off, and he went into the inverted machine and then he went out to their side where Robert Patterson's character was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so that version of him didn't get shot. It was the non inverted version from earlier in the movie.
Speaker 1: Well, we don't.
Speaker 4: We don't know exactly because we don't see the non inverted version actually get shot. It just starts going backwards because you know, when you're in the when you're in that scenario, you start to feel the pain of something happening, or you see the crack in the glass because it hasn't happened yet, and then it proceeds to happen. So for the protagonist, his arms started to bruise and then he saw the bullet hole in his shirt and then he started to bleed, but it didn't lead to him actually getting shot. So to me, that's an left open plot hole.
Speaker 3: My question is, so how that scene originally and when we first saw it he got sucked up and went in the airplane turbine.
Speaker 4: Right, We didn't see him going the turbine. We just saw him get sucked. Okay, so maybe that was it.
Speaker 3: I was trying to wonder if what the Deuels that was or because at one point, this is near the end, and this is because this gets in a whole another worm. But like Robert pass and then starts talking about like multi universe and multi verse and stuff like that, and that sort's like, so in one verse, did he actually just die and get sucked the air whatever?
Speaker 1: Her mind? But then passed and kind of was like, oh, well, go to sleep. We're not gonna talk about this. It could just be like unlimited thing and that's what they're talking about, like the Grandfather paradox and everything.
Speaker 3: They touch on some things, but they don't dive too deep in them. I think I'm glad because there's already things that they dive deep enough in that I am still questioning.
Speaker 1: But so you think he gotpened and die.
Speaker 4: No, I think that we got to see the other end of that, because at that point in time he was inverted and he got sucked out through there, and then it would have been him working with like Rob Patison getting the girl or winding, so that would have been he was.
Speaker 1: Just he was actually just jumped.
Speaker 4: Yeah, so we got to see that point in time. As for him talking about you need the second watch. As for you're talking about the multiple dimensions stuff in the Grandfather Paradox, he says that, okay, the fact that the Grandfather Paradox.
Speaker 1: You know, exists in the sense and that these could kill your grandfather and still be a lot that's what Washington, he says.
Speaker 4: The people of the future kind of abide by that where they don't care. You know, they're they're treating the future like garbage because they don't think it changes the past, when in reality it does.
Speaker 1: And that's their cause here, because they're leaving the other way around. They're treating the past like crap, so because it hurts the future, but it is hurting the future. Yeah.
Speaker 4: Yeah, So again that segues into them like leaving those packages and behind for salo or whatever of gold bricks and stuff.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what happens at the start of movie when he like eats that the bullet thing, that's I guess that's one of the horre cruxes, right, that little.
Speaker 3: No, that's like a kicker cyanide capsule. So I guess what they I didn't like that because I didn't.
Speaker 1: Understand they said it was a test, but it seems like that mission wasn't a test, you know, like there was other things like that were really happening in them. I thought what it was gonna be is that whole mission was a test and it was just okay, this was just to see if worthy of being a part of this group. So okay, this makes sense, But.
Speaker 3: It wasn't because they say, like, oh so and so got away with this brick, So it's like it was a real mission in your Testingum, so I guess.
Speaker 1: The way they rebuilt his jaw right, Well I know, but still like why would why would you be testing someone on a real mission that doesn't seem it's real? It's real, So I mean just but that's no, I don't. I don't get that. Then, like to me, like I feel like I tasked.
Speaker 3: He specifically would set up to say like should we approve this guy to continue further? Like in this situation, what happened was he gone that van and there was guys waiting for him and they were his team. But like if the mission went, he failed, right, he didn't get the thing they wanted right in that mission, or I'm wrong.
Speaker 1: They're looking for like the plutonium.
Speaker 2: Civilian civilians died, So from my opinion, they failed.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, they especially when they're like, oh, it's just the cheap seats.
Speaker 3: It's like, yeah, but the whole tire fucking stadium would fall on them, like like they were knocked up. But like either way, like they weren't trying to say, you know, their mission was to get the plutonium bricks, right, That's what I thought, Or was I wrong?
Speaker 2: What was kind of boat? It's kind of like both, right, because you get the bombs he said.
Speaker 3: Okay, so let's say the bombs was one, but then platonium bricks that didn't happen. Someone gets away with them, right, someone we don't know them, or assuming that's Kanth Brown's people. But then the thing is so that fails, but then his own organization kidnaps him and puts them through like a testing process where they pull his teeth everything I don't like, and just to see if he doesn't give information.
Speaker 1: That's where I was.
Speaker 2: I guess that part could make sense because the idea of that test was to prove that he wouldn't wrap them out or like wrat out his other agents on the case.
Speaker 3: I guess you could say, so if he was successful and they got the plutonium bricks, would he have been tested?
Speaker 1: Because I feel like the test was because this is a separate entity altogether kidnapped. Okay, Okay, then okay, then I can kind of see that.
Speaker 3: Then I just thought it was a because usually most time in all spy throwers, when there's a test, it's not anything real is happening. So the fact that there was still real stakes, like the lives and his lives happening, and then he was gonna being tested upon that, I still know how I like that. It does make more sense, So I'll give you that, so maybe I'll feel better about a second watch. But then, yeah, he bites the pill, he like died, but I guess they they saved him before death, right they pulled Uh? So this is literally out of Scott This is literally out of James Bond movie where someone bites a cinide pill and they really rebuild his teeth and that's what they did to him.
Speaker 1: Then unless they.
Speaker 4: Just lied, because for all we know they could have went back in time and pulled him out before he got killed.
Speaker 1: Right, Well, I don't know because he said his mouth I remember, and he's like, we had to rebuild your teeth.
Speaker 2: Yeah maybe, I guess maybe the pill wasn't actually a snide pill or like I guess it was like a it's something that just knocked him out. And then because like his friend, the agent that he was with, was like the one who had it or I guess no, he had it originally and then he lost it and then his friend grabbed it.
Speaker 1: Well, yeah, they do well know the brushing, I took it away from it and he's like playing with them, and then remember he spat it away.
Speaker 2: And then yeah, his friend grabbed it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I guess not this the pill I guess didn't do his teeth. They like physically pulled his teeth out, So, which is a brutal, brutal test, you know, so very brutal.
Speaker 1: Mm hmmm.
Speaker 2: The one the one story beat that I thought was pretty good was at the end when when Kat like goes on the boat does the whole thing obviously kicks them off and like that way they were talking about, and then she jumps off and like sees herself the way she slid them me that, yeah, that was funny. But when she when she dives off, and then you know, you think back earlier in the movie she had the line that was like always wanted to be that girl or something. That was the one point where like everything, well not everything, but that that storyline like fit together and clicked for me, And then I feel like that was a satisfied ending. Unfortunately it was the only one that really had that effect with me, But I think it's worth throwing that out there that I did think that her storyline, probably because it was the most straightforward to me, did make sense and connected, and uh, pretty had a pretty satisfying ending.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I love that touch because it's that classic time trial thing like oh, she was the girl on the boat the whole time, you know, and then that chicken the egg thing of like, well, if she's on this boat or she didn't time trail, has this happened? So I liked all that. Yeah, I think she had the most satisfying ending. I think they almost know that because like all Washington saves her, but the movie ends on her and her son, right, Like that's the ending point of the movie is yeah, her gram her hand and then walking down the street.
Speaker 1: So I feel like they knew that. I felt conclusion with Passes character. There's still so much mystery, but I thought that as like he is almost just he's just a soldier of war and his design purposes.
Speaker 3: Literally he knows, yeah, he knows his day of death right, and his goal is just you have to literally save the world. I've bought in that more than washington'scause the thing is when Washington has that realization, it's gonna be after the movie. He still is gonna save the world, but like what he's going to go on to do. All this stuff is coming down later on. Technically it's already happened. But with Passions, we didn't see everything. But when they did a little flashbacks, Like I love the acting in his face when he was running down that hall after they did the invert and he takes off the hood and it's Washington's face. I love, like just his face of just like kind of horror but completely understanding what's going on. He wasn't expecting that, but he just throws a mask and just like go go, And I love all that stuff and I love that that was called back because that was my first sign of Okay, something's going on with the scene. One that fight scene I thought was great of seeing it both ways at one point when the guy like gives him a judo throw, but when you see it the first times, like him doing like a weird flip. I loved all the actual fighting of the like the inverted versity avert and then seeing both versions and rhymy lot of the Joe Squareen Levitt like Hallwait scene. So I liked all that, And then I liked too that when he passed and did run after him and he pulled that mask off, they cut away. I am glad that that was a callback because that was my first sign I'm like, Okay, something's wrong here with this character.
Speaker 1: Something's out with this character.
Speaker 3: Because back in my mind, I was worried that they just didn't show what happened that character and he just like took him out and that was it. So I liked like that was a very classic like Prestige interception and Nolan as far as just like he laid like the little bread crumbs, and that's where I feel like it's a lot like an interception that way, where it's just like all what's there? The only one bread crumb I didn't like was I felt like at the very end, when they're getting the last like bricks and they're trying to stop the explosion, there's that dead guy and then like zoo bom in on that backpack. I hated that because right away when they zoomed in, I knew, like, oh, that's Patison, even though we hadn't seen Passon's backpack yet. I feel like they should have done that, Like I don't know how, but they should have done him seeing the actual backpack of the dead body, maybe even a little further than that revealed to me. It just felt even in a Nolan sense, it didn't even felt like it was they showed the backpack and you could catch it. It was I feel like they should have showed the backpack from a bit of a wider shot and then when they did the soft flashback go back to scene, but then close in on it, where when it was just a full and close up of this little charm, you knew it was going to be passed. And they showed the dead body, but they wouldn't show its face. He had hair, like Passing. So I loved the resolution of Passon's character giving him the whole talk, but the impact of like that shock of it being passed in the Dead Guy. It didn't have that shot because the second they showed that, it just felt very obvious to me, and like a very un Nolan in a way. I feel like he's usually better at hiding that sort of stuff. So that was a con I had with some of that things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I didn't even really pick up all that. I think I was just like throw the whole scene. I was like, what's going on here that when it got to that point, I guess I didn't even like consciously realize it. I'll show it out. Another action scene, I didn't actually like the one where he's fighting him invert himself. His inverted self so much just looked kind of weird for me. But I did really like was earlier in the movie when he's in the kitchen and then he has like the goons coming after him. I thought that was a really fun fight scene. I just like I thought it was like super visceral when he like takes the cheese grater and like rubs that that made me cringe and like the best way possible. So I like that action scene and other than that, I like the bigger, more set piece ones, but the hand to hand combat with inverted versions didn't didn't work so much for me.
Speaker 4: One thing I want to point out, you guys are talking about how like you like cats ending and.
Speaker 1: All that kind of stuff.
Speaker 4: The interesting thing for when you think about this as a whole is so the variant of Sator that they killed, he was the one from the future and he went back, so.
Speaker 3: And I love that reveal that he went back to hang out with his wife who was just trying to have a good date.
Speaker 1: And then like it's that fun thing.
Speaker 3: I'm like, he's in the future, he thinks she's from the past, and then when she does real hill she's from the future or she's the current time.
Speaker 1: I really like that reveal. I really like that a lot.
Speaker 4: That that whole sequence, like the whole basically the whole film is doomed to loop again and again and again, which I like. I like how that happens because like the real Sato comes back or whatever, because and because that was obviously the one from the future that died, and obviously then you learn now that the protagonist goes off to recruit Robert Pattison and then something happens to protagonist and then it just loops back around the Rod Preston recruiting the protagonist.
Speaker 1: So it's just this unending cycle that I think.
Speaker 4: Is I like that in time travel movies when you can kind of like map it out again again because it's just.
Speaker 1: It's all travel obergatory.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, they always have that, like, well if you didn't go and that's why it's always like I did, like the conversation leads to multiverse, because there has to be some multiverse where some know and didn't go back in time and everything just ended right, because that's like, who was that original Liz Debicki on the boat? You know, because she sees she's on a separate boat and then she sees another woman jumping off the boat. There has to be one version of elizabethe Becky that does not see that version of her jumping off the boat, right, you would have to think.
Speaker 2: But then well, I mean everything will change there because when she gets onto the boat, what's his space won't be there, So yeah, that's really.
Speaker 4: But that version of her not seeing herself jump off that doesn't exist because at the moment you go back in time, you create that ripple where it just has to continuously.
Speaker 1: At some point had to exist, right because before like what about the very.
Speaker 2: First like alternate versions there is I guess.
Speaker 3: Well, because it's like the very first person, like the prime timeline, when they're going and they haven't met time travel yet, they wouldn't see that person on the boat, right.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't know, they wouldn't have.
Speaker 4: But there's still always that future version that created time travel and would have gone back to that first.
Speaker 1: I believe that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I'm just saying that prime one she would go back, and the second or third one would see herself. But I'm not gonna go I'm not gonna go too deep in though, because that's like every time travel like mumbo jumbo.
Speaker 2: So mumbo jumbo. What else I got? Topic wise?
Speaker 4: Daly one of my favorite things and I've never I couldn't fathom it when I was watching it is I love that. Okay, red team was going in and they were in the regular timeline going countdown ten minutes, and then you had Blue team that went in, which was basically negative ten minutes counting up, and I really really liked the fact that they both converged at the same time, and that sequence where the building was just basically inverting back up and then their Red Team's rocket took out the top and Blue Team's rocket or both rockets hit the top, but the explosion took out the base.
Speaker 1: Like it was just so I was so good, visually cool, it was visually old. That's the thing all I think the stuff is really visuical.
Speaker 3: But I was like, that's where I need a graph because there's like three separate explosions.
Speaker 1: I was like, Okay, what's going on here? Why do they need to repair this building?
Speaker 3: Because even like getting shot for me, sometimes it's weird, like I know they're seeing in reverse, but sometimes you'll get shot and then obviosly there's no bull but you still have the effects. So it's still just like there's sometimes where I think it worked very well building one.
Speaker 1: It might work very well.
Speaker 3: Mechanically, but I was I was like, I'm lost, I don't know what's happening.
Speaker 4: Well, it seems like such a crazy terrain that you're traversing because you have to watch out for regular bullets coming your way. But then the inverted settings as well, like for the protagonist as he was running a piece of concrete off the ground flipped up and like flipped him around, or like when it passed these people he was with, was like shooting from a foxhole that was blown up, but they didn't know that the bricks were gonna come back, so just came up from swallowing.
Speaker 1: Also much like Inception.
Speaker 3: I don't know if it would make much sense, but I'd love a video game like that where it's just you know, I like, I liked it all visually, I just uh, my slow brain needed uh needs a second watch for some of this stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, any other things, because I don't I think I've touched on almost over them.
Speaker 3: I'm trying to think of any cons last night that I had that I couldn't have said spoiler rise because most my pros, like visually was I found stunning. Like I said last night, it's just even if this movie's on me, just like the ceratography and action, I really enjoy the visuals and stuff like the very little use of CG obviously there's a lot of it, and like the inverted stuff, but still I liked all that. I love the soundtrack, and like I said, I don't think there's anything spoilers that I like. I said, yeah, I'm surprised all that humor worked for me for the majority of just like at one point we're passing, had all the guys with their guns, He's like, you better eat, it's gonna get cold.
Speaker 1: It all it all worked for me. I got me. So I'm I'm with you on that. Like I like a lot of the humor.
Speaker 4: I liked when even at the dinner setting, when the protagonist sits down and the side of looks at him like, did you sleep with my wife? He's like, no, not yet, and then he goes and he kisses her as he walks, so like he's just sticking it to him. And all that stuff I enjoyed, And the more I've talked about it, the more I really kind of I do like the protagonists. I like Robert Pattison a lot in this movie. I really really loved him in this film. I like I always said, like, for me, if he could like land the role in the Lighthouse, then I can see him as Batman. And I stand by that because I to me, I saw him as bad man way before you know seeing this movie.
Speaker 1: So but I'm even.
Speaker 3: On that one scene where he walked out. He had like when he was going to the bank vault. I feel like Warner Brothers saw that and was like, Okay, he can have an audition for Batman because he was all suited up and he had like the slick back air.
Speaker 1: I doubt you have, Dylman. Have you seen the Batman trailer?
Speaker 2: Dylan, No, I haven't.
Speaker 3: Okay, we gotta get you when you're in Colonna. We're gonna pull you out. You're gonna watch it with us, But what about you doing anything else?
Speaker 1: You have him shout out.
Speaker 2: I did kind of touch on it, but I did really like the music as well. There was like obviously it's a lot of that same like Hans Zimmer stuff, even though it's not Hans Zimmer. Yeah, but there was one. There's a couple of cool parts. Like one there was just a character like walking by just like a gate fence, and as the cameras like zooming past this fence, you kind of see each picket like zooming by, and like the music was perfectly time with like each picket. I don't know if that makes sense, but it was.
Speaker 1: I think I know what you're talking about.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it kind of happened like a couple of times, I think, but yeah, like the special effects were great. I really did like Robert Pattison. He was my favorite character as well. Even if I didn't fully understand what was going on with him, I still thought he was a lot of fun.
Speaker 1: Well, I think he was good because he was a lot of fun.
Speaker 3: But there is portions in the movie where, especially when Washington's question him, I never like because Emily said she thought he might be bad.
Speaker 1: I never got that.
Speaker 3: But you always got the sense of this guy is not telling us everything, and he just seemed like he could switch between being that comedic beat to also just untrustworthy, not slimy.
Speaker 1: But just you need to keep your eye on him. He's like a chameleon where you just didn't I didn't know at one point where he was going because he was acting very soleom and he's giving him this sex wisition. Oh you can't hear I mean, oh, we're back in my back maybe seconds there.
Speaker 3: Oh my finger maybe it just slipped on the uh uh the mute thing. But all I said was that I just liked that he wouldn't back and forth between feeling untrustworthy but then friendly right away, and it was just you could never put a finger on him. But like I said, I never felt like he was bad.
Speaker 1: I felt he was just always keeping my eye on him, like when he called him the cavalry too, it's like even like who's the cavalry? Like every I think that mystery worked like every fifteen minutes or something new about him. And that's what really made me intrigued about him.
Speaker 3: He's somebody that they don't I don't want it, but if there was, like here's a pretty cool comic book of like twenty two pages about his character, He's the one I'd want that I've just to see like Okay, how did he get recruited?
Speaker 1: What was his life before? You know?
Speaker 2: So yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: For sure anything else or a gosh, just this is a tough one to not do that even if we did this week layer without seeing a second time, like I think I've hit everything on my mind, but I know there's I know, even like when we did Inception, there's questions and that was ten years later, and I think this is gonna be one of those movies if someone were to retrospective ten years later, you're gonna have questions about it. So that's why Inception I always had questions about the first time, but I think I'm much more like Dylan, where I thought was streamlined a lot better and I got the majority of this where this feels like I have questions and there's lots of stuff that I still need some explaining on.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's a few things, like I don't feel like it's it's too difficult, like upon like a second and third watch to kind of like click with it, because I feel like I've been able to piece things together with how this is, like it goes on and talking about it is really kind of opened up like certain doors understanding it. There is a lot of still loose ends that I feel like that's in the film, but I need to revisit that when I watch it again.
Speaker 3: Because I was saying that tale last night, like we don't know if those are purposeful loose ends we didn't get loose ends, or they are just sometimes pottles. Can we talk about the inception where this could just be a plot hole, right they say something and maybe a scene kind of contradicts that and they just kind of go, oh, well, it's a dream world, and you go okay, Like I guess, so maybe I feel there's a lot of those moments where they're just like, well, people are inverted, and it's like, I guess we don't know the full rules of that, so you can say, oh, inversion.
Speaker 4: I originally thought that leading into the story, that Okay, they're talking about inverted objects, so obviously this these vehicles are inverted, and they're just that's how things are going. But now it makes much more sense that it's just yeah, they've it's not the items that are necessarily inverted. I mean, those items are, but it's the fact that they've gone through the inverted machine or a person.
Speaker 1: Or a person has to invert them, right because when they get in they said the car will move for it. Because I like that car that he drove that wasn't invert was it? Or was it? No?
Speaker 4: Because the car that when he went, he was driving that against the forces basically, yeah, so that's why in our timeline we see it driving off function.
Speaker 1: So but uh, again, like I I do like.
Speaker 4: This movie, and after talking about it, I can I feel confident. I want to say it's like eight out of ten for me.
Speaker 1: Oh it's going on. Look at that.
Speaker 4: Yeah, it has not that I knew, but I just had to like vent it out and like share and discuss with you guys.
Speaker 3: Yeah, for like the people that if they didn't take non sports, I gave it a nine. That for me is like a I don't think I'll ever go up to point five. I think the only way could go was potentially down, but maybe it could go up a little. But for me, because I gave the Interstellar nine because I had problems with it, bo it's just I still just like the pure film like on screen is just the stuff I love, and I could watch this and I would if I had to pick, I would rather watch this over Interstellar or Done Kirk because I like this type of style, even the stuff that if it didn't make sense. I liked the Bond globe trotting, I like some of the jokes, I like the action. So for me, there's enough that I would watch this again over even if I'm fucking hell confused, I would watch again.
Speaker 1: So I don't want your final thoughts on Tenant. We finally saw it.
Speaker 2: We finally did. Yeah. I think it's weird going into this movie right because I just didn't know even a week ago if I would really actually be seeing it, even when I had my ticket on Adam, I didn't know if it would me and i'd be there watching it, So my expectations were in a weird spot because I feel like they were kind of low. But at the same time, I haven't seen anything in theater since Birds of Prey, so my expectations were quite hot or like. I just wanted like a really sweet movie to watch and just one that I would love from start to finish, and that unfortunately wasn't the case. But yeah, when it comes to Netflix, I'll watch it again. I'll watch it with a pen and paper that will maybe help me. Uh yeah, exactly. Subtitles absolutely for sure to help me figure.
Speaker 1: It all out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I I definitely need more watches with it. But unfortunately, as of one watch, I can't say that I'm a too big of a fan, but yeah, I don't know. I'm curious to see you when we get to the ranking part, like what kind of characters or scenes might make it into there, but for now, not my favorite. If you're Nolan fan, check it out. But maybe you don't need to run to the theater right now, and that's probably a good thing to do in the long run anyway.
Speaker 1: Yourself and go backwards to the theater.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly, the oxygen tank with you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah. Or where can they find us?
Speaker 4: Oh, ladies, and we can find us in the search part. You and I can action geek Verse podcast anywhere on the web. Find us on Facebook, geek Verse, find us on Twitter, Keepers casts and our website Keepers dot c A and she's on Patreon.
Speaker 1: Loll good stuff popping off with them over there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we did the entire Nome metroviously, that's out now, but there's other good goodies up there.
Speaker 1: You get early.
Speaker 3: We'll be doing some stuff in the future. Now we got through the Nome retro. We're still gonna do the Norn ranking. I mean, I talked to Kirkland and find out when he's singing ten if you're singing in the near future. If so, we'll wait for him. If not, we'll drop that in the near future and then next Uh. It's weird, but we're gonna do the Dark Knight trilogy just calm tary tracks, so those will be Patreon exclusive for a while. So there's gonna be tons of stuff up there. No one.
Speaker 1: We got Mulan and the Boys next weekend, right, We're trying.
Speaker 3: Yes, Yeah, there's lots of stuff coming out. So we promised you when that all drops, it'll not be born.
Speaker 2: Peace